时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | My name is Leonardo Da Vinci. | 我是列奥纳多·达·芬奇 |
[00:03] | You’re the eccentric that Verrocchio employs. | 你是维洛奇奥雇的那位怪才 |
[00:05] | I’m an artist and an anatomist | 我是个艺术家 解剖学家 |
[00:07] | and an engineer of some note. | 也是个小有名气的工程师 |
[00:09] | Search for the Book of Leaves. Fate has chosen you, Leonardo. | 寻找《叶之书》 命运选择了你 列奥纳多 |
[00:12] | Where do I start my search? | 我从哪里开始寻找 |
[00:15] | The hanged man. | 被绞死的男人 |
[00:15] | The Jew that was hanged – I want you to unearth his body. | 那个被绞死的犹太人 去把他的尸体挖出来 |
[00:18] | My mistress insisted that you be the one to capture her beauty. | 我的情妇坚持要你来捕捉她的美丽 |
[00:24] | I sense the Vatican’s hand behind this. | 这事一定是梵蒂冈在背后捣鬼 |
[00:26] | You need weapons of your own Your Magnificence. | 殿下您需要属于自己的武器 |
[00:28] | This will greatly increase your firepower. | 这个可以极大地提高您的火力 |
[00:31] | The Medicis have employed him to design siege weapons. | 美第奇家族雇他来设计攻城器械 |
[00:34] | You know this how? | 你怎么知道 |
[00:35] | I have an agent within Lorenzo’s ranks. | 我在洛伦佐身边安插了探子 |
[01:50] | He told you time is a river? | 他告诉你时间是一条河流 |
[01:53] | He told me the river was circular. | 他说时间是环形的河流 |
[01:57] | That one man’s death paves the way for the birth of another. | 一个人的死亡为另一人的新生开辟道路 |
[02:00] | Indeed, and men like ourselves, | 的确 我们这样的人 |
[02:03] | we can change the river’s course. | 可以改变时光之河的走向 |
[02:07] | I’m like you, then? | 你是说我和你一样 |
[02:12] | I find that hard to believe. | 这我难以相信 |
[02:15] | You don’t know who I am, do you? | 你不知道我是谁吧 |
[02:20] | My brother and I… Your bandits they tried to take my honor. | 我和我哥哥 那些强盗想奸污我 |
[02:24] | – Where? – Down the path, to the left. | -他们在哪 -沿着路 往左 |
[02:27] | – Hurry! – This way. | -快点 -这边走 |
[02:28] | In you go. Go on, in. | 进去 进去吧 |
[02:33] | Alright. | 好了 |
[02:35] | You should be safe in there. | 你在里面会没事的 |
[02:40] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[02:45] | I’m sorry – the fools locked the gate. | 抱歉 那些傻瓜把门锁上了 |
[02:48] | The fools are worth worrying about. | 傻瓜确实值得担心 |
[02:50] | A locked gate… | 但上锁的门 |
[02:54] | not so much. | 无所谓 |
[02:56] | There is no yesterday, you see. | 昨日是不存在的 |
[02:59] | No tomorrow. | 明日也不存在 |
[03:01] | Time is all one single continuum. | 时间是单一连续的 |
[03:07] | We have met, haven’t we? | 我们见过面 对吗 |
[03:10] | Of course. We’re brothers. | 当然 我们是兄弟 |
[03:14] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[03:16] | Start with your heel, roll to your toe. | 脚跟先着地 再落脚尖 |
[03:18] | you have a lot to learn. | 你要学的还多着呢 |
[03:19] | I already have a maestro. | 我已经有大师了 |
[03:20] | Yeah, I’m not suggesting you abandon Da Vinci’s counsel, | 我又没让你抛弃达·芬奇的教诲 |
[03:23] | I’m suggesting you enhance it. | 只是想让你多学点 |
[03:25] | There. | 在那儿 |
[03:29] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[03:30] | They don’t like their graves being violated, | 他们不喜欢有人擅动坟墓 |
[03:32] | so they cover them in sand and press letters | 所以覆上沙子印上字 |
[03:34] | to alert them of mischief occured. | 用以警示 |
[03:36] | What does it say? | 写的什么 |
[03:38] | Funnily enough… | 有意思 |
[03:41] | ‘Taken.’ | “已占用” |
[03:43] | I’m a son of earth and starry heaven. | 我是大地与星空之子 |
[03:48] | I’m thirsty. | 我口渴 |
[03:51] | Please… | 请 |
[03:53] | give me something to drink from the fountain of memory. | 从记忆之泉中为我汲水解渴 |
[04:03] | See, as I have seen… | 见我所见 |
[04:06] | into infinity… | 窥见永恒 |
[04:09] | and you will be a god. | 你便是神明 |
[04:13] | But know this. | 但记住 |
[04:15] | You will…suffer. | 你会遭受折磨 |
[04:20] | One corpse. | 一具尸体 |
[04:22] | Freshly plucked. | 新鲜出坟 |
[04:25] | Was it a nightmare, maestro? | 做噩梦了吗 大师 |
[04:28] | No, it was something else entirely. | 不 完全不同的东西 |
[04:33] | Take notes, would you? | 帮我做记录 |
[04:35] | I perceive the expected ligature marks from strangulation. | 绞刑留下了勒痕 预料之中 |
[04:40] | Crushed larynx. | 喉头压碎 |
[04:42] | Nico. | 尼克 |
[04:44] | Diminished musculature. Likely from malnutrition. | 肌肉萎缩 应该是由于营养不良 |
[04:47] | Circumcised member. | 切割过包皮 |
[04:49] | I’ve never seen one of those before. | 这我可没见过 |
[04:53] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[04:57] | A missing fingernail, on the right digitus primus. | 丢了一个指甲 右手拇指 |
[05:09] | Leo, what are you doing? | 列奥 你在做什么 |
[05:12] | The Turk said to start my quest with a hanged man. | 土耳其人让我从被绞死的男人开始寻找 |
[05:16] | Specifically, the seat of the soul. | 并且指明 灵魂的居所 |
[05:21] | It’s a euphemism for the stomach. | 也就是胃部 |
[05:39] | The missing fingernail. | 那片缺失的指甲 |
[05:42] | Odd that he would ingest it. | 他居然吞了下去 |
[05:57] | One man’s death | 一个人的死亡 |
[05:59] | opens the doorway for another. | 为另一人开启了大门 |
[06:13] | Did your husband give you that? | 是你丈夫送的吗 |
[06:19] | It’s a family heirloom. | 是个传家宝 |
[06:22] | From Ceylon. | 锡兰的 |
[06:24] | It’s a stone called Serendibite. | 叫做斯里兰卡石 |
[06:33] | What’s troubling you? | 你有什么心事 |
[06:35] | Apparently Count Riario is coming to pay us a visit. | 利拉奥伯爵要来访 |
[06:40] | For what purpose? | 来做什么 |
[06:42] | Oh, nothing pleasant, I’m sure. | 肯定不是什么好事 |
[06:46] | But whatever the viper’s intentions | 不管那毒蛇有什么目的 |
[06:47] | I’ll be expected to wine and dine him, | 我都得好酒好菜招待他 |
[06:49] | whilst hosting the rest of Florence’s elite. | 还要一并宴请佛罗伦萨其他的贵胄 |
[06:53] | Will you come? | 你来吗 |
[06:56] | You can keep Riario entertained. | 你可以逗利拉奥开心 |
[06:59] | Will Clarice be there? | 克拉丽斯会去吗 |
[07:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:04] | We can steal glances throughout the evening. | 我们可以整晚偷偷眉目传情 |
[07:10] | I’ll even invite that scoundrel, if you like. | 如果你高兴 我会把那无赖也请去 |
[07:15] | Da Vinci. | 达·芬奇 |
[07:18] | The one who’s supposed to be painting your portrait. | 那个要给你画像的家伙 |
[07:22] | And building me a weapon. | 还要给我造武器 |
[07:42] | You’re late, son. | 你迟到了 小子 |
[07:44] | Contract – signed. | 合同签好了 |
[07:48] | And now binding. | 现在生效了 |
[07:51] | Did you not even read it? | 你真的读过吗 |
[07:52] | We’d already agreed the terms. | 我们同意全部条款 |
[07:53] | But not the administration of those terms. | 但并不了解条款的执行 |
[07:56] | I told you to stay away. | 我告诉你别蹚浑水 |
[07:58] | I let you know there would be consequences. | 我让你明白后果会很严重 |
[08:00] | What do you think you’ve done? | 你自以为是这样吗 |
[08:03] | Painting Lucrezia Donati, | 给卢奎西娅·多纳蒂画像 |
[08:04] | fraudulently leading the Medicis | 骗美第奇家族以为 |
[08:06] | to believe you can deliver preposterous weapons of war. | 你能制造荒谬的武器 |
[08:09] | You’ve overreached, | 你太过头了 |
[08:11] | and now I’ve made it so you’ll soon be gone. | 现在我确保了你会很快消失 |
[08:15] | There isn’t a contract you can devise that can contain me. | 你编撰的任何合约都不能束缚我 |
[08:19] | You’re the bastard son of a servant girl I spilled my seed into. | 你是我往一个女仆身体里撒下种子生出的野种 |
[08:23] | Your heritage contains you. | 你的出身束缚了你 |
[09:12] | No! | 不 |
[09:14] | – What’s wrong? – What’s changed? | -怎么了 -是什么改变了 |
[09:18] | Something’s shifted in you, signorina since last we met. | 我们上次见面后 你发生了变化 |
[09:22] | Perhaps it’s just you and me here in Lorenzo’s home. | 或许是因为你我单独在洛伦佐的家里 |
[09:27] | You’re feeling guilty? | 你在愧疚吗 |
[09:28] | It’s not as if I don’t have affection for him. | 我对他并非毫无感情 |
[09:32] | Or perhaps… | 或许 |
[09:35] | I’m guilty about feeling guilty. | 我在为我的愧疚感愧疚 |
[09:40] | It’s not as if I don’t have affection for you as well. | 毕竟我对你也有感情 |
[09:43] | Which guilt do you prefer, then? | 那你更喜欢哪种愧疚 |
[09:45] | I have known Lorenzo since I was a girl. I’ve known you a week. | 我跟洛伦佐自小便相识 认识你才不过一周 |
[09:49] | That’s not an answer. | 这不算回答 |
[09:56] | The Jew they executed… | 他们处决的犹太人 |
[10:01] | What was his offence? | 他做了什么 |
[10:04] | He said he had to run from cut-throats… | 他说他要逃避刺客 |
[10:07] | and he took refuge in a bookstore. | 躲进了一家书店 |
[10:11] | The authorities suspect he stole something, | 官方怀疑他偷了东西 |
[10:14] | but nothing was missing, | 可是什么都没有丢 |
[10:16] | and the bag he carried was empty. | 他带的包也是空的 |
[10:19] | So, they hanged a man… | 那么说 他们绞死他 |
[10:22] | for stealing something that wasn’t missing. | 就为他偷了没有丢的东西 |
[10:27] | The scene of the crime requires further investigation. | 犯罪现场需要进一步调查 |
[10:33] | Does it? | 是吗 |
[10:40] | Prepare the horses! | 备马 |
[10:42] | I want to be off at once. | 我要立刻出发 |
[10:47] | So you’ve finished today’s sitting already? | 今天已经画完了吗 |
[10:49] | Yes. Signor Da Vinci had somewhere to be. | 是啊 达·芬奇先生还有事 |
[10:52] | Ah, yes. He’s testing his gun for us. | 是啊 他要为我们测试火炮 |
[10:57] | Today he gives Florence its sting… | 今天 他要给佛罗伦萨装上尖刺 |
[11:01] | while I show him mine. | 我也要让他见识我的刺 |
[11:05] | It’s quite considerate to left us a moment to be. | 他真是有心 让我们有机会独处 |
[11:14] | Lorenzo, anybody could walk in. | 洛伦佐 万一有人进来了呢 |
[11:16] | I just needed a bit of you. | 我只想跟你温存一下 |
[11:18] | And you will have it… | 你会如愿的 |
[11:20] | for it is yours alone. | 我只属于你 |
[11:27] | – Good luck today. – We’re off! | -祝好运 -我们出发 |
[11:35] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[11:37] | That bit of you… | 你的温存 |
[11:41] | It’s not his alone. | 不只属于他 |
[11:43] | No…it’s not. | 对 不是 |
[11:46] | But it will always be his first. | 但他永远占先 |
[12:12] | Do you have any saltpeter? | 你有硝石吗 |
[12:15] | What the devil do you need potassium nitrate for? | 你要火硝做什么 |
[12:17] | Gunpowder. The maestro’s designing a weapon. | 火药 大师在设计武器 |
[12:21] | He calls it the pipe-organ musket. | 他管称之为管风枪 |
[12:28] | The recoil will kill him. | 后坐力会让他没命的 |
[12:31] | Don’t worry. He’s worked it out. | 别担心 他有解决的办法了 |
[12:32] | By God…he’s corrupted you already. | 天呐 他已经把你带坏了 |
[12:37] | Over there, third shelf from the top, | 那边 上数第三格 |
[12:39] | between the vermillion and the ultramarine. | 在朱砂和佛青颜料之间 |
[12:42] | And tell him I expect to be paid in coin, | 告诉他要付我钱币 |
[12:45] | not idle boasts, like last time. | 别像上次 耍嘴皮子唬弄我 |
[12:51] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[12:53] | – God! – Careful, Giuliano. | -天呐 -小心 朱利亚诺 |
[12:55] | Fucking hell! | 该死的 |
[12:57] | What are we doing here, we’re in the middle of nowhere? | 我们在这前不着村后不着店的地方做什么 |
[12:59] | – Where is he? – Perhaps he’s simply late. | -他人呢 -或许他迟到了 |
[13:02] | Or perhaps he realized what he actually proposed | 或许他意识到自己的提议 |
[13:04] | was much more than a flying party trick. | 可比给聚会造只鸽子难多了 |
[13:07] | I wouldn’t be surprised if he had no intention of coming here at all. | 如果他完全没想要来我也不会觉得奇怪 |
[13:10] | I’m telling you brother – the man’s a lunatic and a coward. | 我告诉你 哥哥 那人是个疯子 懦夫 |
[13:13] | God! Shit! | 天呐 该死 |
[13:15] | Keep control of yourself brother – they’re only cut-outs. | 冷静 弟弟 不过是些假人 |
[13:17] | Quickly! Soldiers advancing on Florence! | 快 士兵在向佛罗伦萨进发 |
[13:28] | How…how dare you? | 你好大胆 |
[13:31] | You are pointing a weapon directly at the house of Medici! | 你竟敢用武器指着美第奇家族的人 |
[13:34] | Men, take him! | 把他拿下 |
[13:35] | – Hold. – Obviously the gun passed its first test. | -慢着 -看来大炮已经通过了第一项测试 |
[13:38] | – It’s done nothing. – No, it’s done a great deal, actually. | -它什么都没做呢 -不 它已经做了很多 |
[13:43] | Intimidation. | 威慑 |
[13:44] | Now, if you will proceed to the gallery… | 请各位在一旁入座 |
[13:48] | …we will proceed with testing its less ephemeral utility. | 我们将开始测试它更持久的用途 |
[13:52] | You’ve picked quite a day for it, Da Vinci. | 你真是选了个好日子 达·芬奇 |
[13:54] | Yes. You like it? | 是啊 您喜欢吗 |
[13:55] | I think it adds to the verisimilitude. | 我认为这样更真实 |
[13:58] | I question the company the maestro keeps. | 我对大师的择友提出质疑 |
[14:01] | That man’s a known reprobate. | 那人是个人尽皆知的无赖 |
[14:03] | Are these soldiers meant to be Swiss? | 这些士兵是装成瑞士人吗 |
[14:06] | – And you would be…? – Commander Quattrone, | -你是哪位 -夸特尼指挥官 |
[14:09] | leader of the Florentine militia. | 佛罗伦萨自卫队队长 |
[14:11] | His Magnificence thought it wise | 殿下认为带一位军事战略家 |
[14:13] | to bring a military strategist to the demonstration. | 来观看展示更为明智 |
[14:17] | In order to better evaluate your work. | 以便更好的评估你的作品 |
[14:19] | I wish I’d brought a boat. | 我倒希望我带了条船来 |
[14:20] | Well, the commonder has a keen eye. | 指挥官真是好眼力 |
[14:24] | What you see before you | 诸位面前的假人 |
[14:25] | is a representation of Rome’s private mercenary regiment. | 代表罗马的雇佣兵团 |
[14:30] | It’s a bit of theatrics, | 是有点戏剧化了 |
[14:32] | but often presentation is more than half the performance. | 不过发布方式比性能本身更能影响效果 |
[14:35] | Well, get on with it, Da Vinci. | 继续吧 达·芬奇 |
[14:37] | While you delay, we drown. | 你再磨蹭 我们就淹死了 |
[14:41] | – Where was I? – Yes. Come on. | -我说到哪儿了 -继续 |
[14:44] | Quickly! Soldiers advancing on Florence! | 快啊 士兵在向佛罗伦萨进发 |
[14:48] | – Yes, yes, yes. – The man is mad. | -行了行了 -这人是个疯子 |
[15:24] | The house of Medici has invested hundreds of florins in this project. | 美第奇家族为这个项目投入了数百弗罗林 |
[15:28] | According to your contract, | 根据你的合约 |
[15:29] | the failure of this contraption constitutes fraud. | 这个装置的失败构成欺诈 |
[15:33] | Men, take him away. | 来人 把他带走 |
[15:38] | On your feet, maestro. | 站起来 大师 |
[15:41] | Hold. | 等等 |
[15:43] | You have one week, artista. | 给你一星期 工匠 |
[15:46] | Lorenzo, no. | 洛伦佐 不 |
[15:48] | The materials alone will cost another 200 florins. | 仅材料费就要再花两百弗罗林 |
[15:51] | One week. | 一周 |
[15:53] | That sounds…quite reasonable. | 时间要求非常的合理 |
[16:02] | I’ll have two, if the price is right. | 便宜的话我要两个 |
[16:12] | I’m gonna have words with you, boy. | 小子 我有话要问你 |
[16:14] | We found footprints in the graveyard | 墓园里犹太人尸体被盗的地方 |
[16:16] | where the Jew’s body was stolen. | 发现了脚印 |
[16:18] | A donkey’s, a man’s and a child’s. | 一头驴 一个男人 一个孩子 |
[16:24] | Long-toed poulaines… | 长尖普兰靴 |
[16:27] | such as you are wearing. | 和你现在穿的一样 |
[16:41] | Do you know who I am? | 知道我是谁吗 |
[16:45] | I am Lord Girolamo Riario. | 吉罗拉莫·利拉奥伯爵 |
[16:49] | Count and Captain General of the Holy Roman Church. | 神圣罗马教廷的大将军 |
[16:53] | Nephew of His Holiness… | 教皇陛下的外甥 |
[16:56] | ..Pope Sixtus IV. | 西克斯特四世 |
[17:00] | Signor Morgante has informed us of your grave-robbing exploits. | 莫甘特先生向我们通报了你的盗墓行径 |
[17:04] | – I don’t know what you mean. – Don’t insult us, boy. | -我不知道你在说什么 -别侮辱我们了 小子 |
[17:08] | We’re well aware of who your master is. | 我们很清楚你的师父是谁 |
[17:10] | Your Excellency, there was the matter of payment. | 大人 我们说好的酬劳 |
[17:18] | Yes, of course. | 好 当然 |
[17:20] | Captain Grunwald. | 格伦瓦德队长 |
[17:33] | Jesus! | 上帝啊 |
[17:38] | Now that we’ve established my propensity for directness, | 既然你了解了我直接了当的风格 |
[17:41] | I trust our conversation will proceed smoothly. | 相信对话会顺利许多 |
[17:45] | Now, we’re interested in why Da Vinci required the Jew’s body, | 我们想知道 达·芬奇为何要那犹太人的尸体 |
[17:50] | and, lest you be tempted to feign further ignorance, | 以防你继续装做毫不知情 |
[17:54] | I wanted to demonstrate a remarkable device | 我要演示一件最近从东方带来的 |
[17:57] | I recently acquired from the Orient. | 了不起的装置 |
[18:01] | It’s called… the Widow’s Tear. | 它叫做”寡妇之泪” |
[18:14] | No! | 不 |
[18:16] | The source of the discomfort you’re feeling | 你现在感到的不适 |
[18:18] | is an exquisitely tooled diamond needle, | 来自一根精致的钻石针 |
[18:22] | the titular Widow’s Tear. | 著名的”寡妇之泪” |
[18:25] | And as I turn the handle, the diamond… | 我转动把手 那钻石 |
[18:30] | ..slowly incises a circle of skin, from the back of the hand, | 就慢慢削掉手背上一圈皮肤 |
[18:34] | one layer of epidermis at a time. | 每次薄薄一层 |
[18:41] | Now, I want you to weigh your next answer very, very carefully. | 你的下一次回答一定要非常非常小心 |
[18:47] | Why did Da Vinci unearth the Jew’s body? | 达·芬奇为什么要挖犹太人的尸体 |
[18:57] | Very well. Another turn. | 很好 再转一圈 |
[19:11] | Stop! Stop, stop. | 停 停 住手 |
[19:17] | It’s alright, Nico. | 没关系的 尼克 |
[19:20] | Just a few simple words, and we can end all this unpleasantness. | 只要几个字 这些不愉快统统可以结束 |
[19:27] | He was searching… | 他在找… |
[19:30] | The Jew swallowed something. | 那犹太人吞下了一件东西 |
[19:33] | What, child? | 是什么 小子 |
[19:39] | A key. | 一把钥匙 |
[19:44] | Leave nothing unturned. Just find the key. | 给我彻底搜 一定要找到钥匙 |
[19:52] | Rip it apart! | 砸开 |
[19:54] | Stop! | 停 |
[19:58] | You won’t find it. | 你们找不到的 |
[20:19] | That’s what you’re looking for. | 那就是你要找的东西 |
[20:29] | – Open it. – I can’t. It’s locked. | -打开它 -我不能 锁住了 |
[20:34] | Hack it apart. | 给我砍开 |
[20:44] | Wait a moment! | 等一下 |
[20:51] | Let’s get out of here! Hurry! | 快离开 快 |
[20:54] | Let’s get out of here! | 我们快走 |
[20:56] | You, boy…! You…! | 你这小子 你 |
[21:02] | You have defied instruments of the Lord’s will! | 你违背了主的旨意 |
[21:05] | Leonardo! | 列奥纳多 |
[21:07] | Go! Go! | 走 快走 |
[21:09] | Leonardo! Are you alright? | 列奥纳多 你没事吧 |
[21:15] | Oh, merciful heaven! What happened here? | 我的天哪 发生了什么事 |
[21:18] | These men are agents of the papacy. | 那些人是教皇的手下 |
[21:21] | What, it wasn’t enough to tangle with the Medicis? Now you’re…? | 怎么 搅上美第奇家族还不够 现在连… |
[21:24] | Leo, you’re talking about the Pope. | 列奥 这可是教皇啊 |
[21:27] | Not to worry. They could only have our entrails torn out. | 别担心 他们最多不过把我们开膛破肚而已 |
[21:30] | Nico, who did this to you? | 尼克 这是谁干的 |
[21:33] | Count Riario. | 利拉奥伯爵 |
[21:35] | The papal nephew and attack dog? | 教皇的外甥和走狗 |
[21:37] | He snatched me from the market. | 他从市场上把我掳走 |
[21:40] | I told him… I’m sorry. | 我告诉他…对不起 |
[21:42] | I told him you took the key from the Jew’s body. | 我告诉他你从犹太人的尸体上找到了钥匙 |
[21:45] | Well, you may have told them that, | 你跟他说的是这个 |
[21:46] | but you showed them something else. | 却给他看了另外的东西 |
[21:48] | Hey, you’ve done something exceptional, Nico. | 你做了一件很了不起的事情 尼克 |
[21:52] | You’ve saved your own life, into the bargain. | 并且还救了自己的命 |
[22:02] | Halt! | 停下 |
[22:04] | Be still. | 别动 |
[22:07] | Our visitor was expected. | 客人是应邀而来 |
[22:10] | You know I can’t be seen with you. | 你知道我不能被看见跟你碰面 |
[22:11] | There are too many prying eyes. | 佛罗伦萨有太多的眼线 |
[22:14] | If I had been stopped on the road… | 如果我在路上被拦住… |
[22:18] | You needn’t lecture me on the necessity of discretion. | 不需要你来教我小心谨慎 |
[22:21] | I wouldn’t jeopardize such a valuable asset | 如果没有充足的理由 |
[22:24] | as yourself without ample reason. | 我不会拿你这样宝贵的财富冒险 |
[22:30] | Now, take these. | 拿着 |
[22:33] | A list of secure locales hidden throughout Florence. | 全佛罗伦萨安全接头点的清单 |
[22:38] | I need more information. | 我需要更多信息 |
[22:41] | Details of Lorenzo and Da Vinci’s activities. | 洛伦佐和达·芬奇活动的细节 |
[22:45] | If you have something pertinent to convey, | 如果你有相关信息要发出 |
[22:47] | inscribe the Greek letter alpha | 就在你方便的任何地点 |
[22:50] | above whichever locale is convenient. | 写下希腊字母阿尔法 |
[22:54] | If we have something to convey to you, | 如果我们有消息要传达给你 |
[22:57] | we will inscribe the letter omega. | 就会写上欧米茄 |
[23:03] | Are you clear on all this? | 懂了吗 |
[23:05] | That’s the official papal seal. | 这是教皇的印记 |
[23:08] | Mark your messages with it. | 标在你的信息上 |
[23:10] | And one final thing. | 还有最后一件 |
[23:14] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[23:16] | Instructions will be forthcoming. | 你会接到指示 |
[23:18] | In the meantime, keep it hidden. | 在此之前 把它藏好 |
[23:23] | Now, Da Vinci… | 关于达·芬奇 |
[23:25] | Has your celebrated artist made any mention of a key? | 你著名的艺术家有没有提到过一把钥匙 |
[23:30] | – What about the Jew? – He asked about his capture. | -犹太人呢 -他问犹太人怎么被抓的 |
[23:33] | He wanted to return to the scene of the crime. | 他想回到犯罪现场 |
[23:36] | That’s how he put it. | 他是这样说的 |
[23:37] | He was preoccupied with why a Jew would hide in a bookshop. | 他非常想知道犹太人为什么要躲进书店 |
[23:40] | Da Vinci has the key. | 达·芬奇有钥匙 |
[23:41] | Why would Da Vinci concern himself with a bookshop? | 为什么要操心一家书店 |
[23:43] | I don’t know. Perhaps Da Vinci is more clever than you. | 我不知道 或许是因为他比你聪明 |
[23:47] | But then that would be heresy, wouldn’t it? | 那可又是异端言论了 |
[23:51] | Keep an eye on that bookshop. | 盯着那家书店 |
[23:54] | If we’re lucky, Da Vinci will complete our investigations for us. | 幸运的话 达·芬奇会替我们完成调查 |
[23:58] | And you, Miss Donati, | 而你呢 多纳蒂小姐 |
[24:01] | do continue ensnaring Lorenzo and Da Vinci with that… | 继续用你的小骚屄 把洛伦佐和达·芬奇 |
[24:05] | pretty little cunt of yours. | 诱入罗网 |
[24:09] | – You’re a bastard. – Yes. | -你这个杂种 -没错 |
[24:11] | And the architect of my pedigree | 而改变我血统的 |
[24:14] | is the Holy Father himself. | 就是圣父本人 |
[24:18] | Now, go, lest the prying eyes of Florence see us together | 走吧 别让佛罗伦萨的探子看到我们在一起 |
[24:21] | and question your already compromised character. | 质疑你本就有损的德行 |
[24:30] | She grows more impertinent with every encounter. | 她越来越傲气难驯了 |
[24:38] | Even a mouse occasionally | 要被踩死的老鼠 |
[24:39] | bears its teeth when it’s about to be crushed. | 偶尔也会呲一下牙的 |
[24:44] | Scudos, the papal currency. | 斯库多 教皇的制币 |
[24:49] | Let’s review the events again, Da Vinci. | 我们再来回顾一下发生的事情 达·芬奇 |
[24:52] | They took the boy and ransacked your workshop. | 他们掳走了男孩 搜查了你的工作室 |
[24:56] | What were they looking for? | 他们在找什么 |
[24:57] | My weapon designs. | 我的武器设计 |
[24:59] | Well, let Rome have them. By this time next week, | 让罗马拿去好了 下周这个时候 |
[25:02] | they’ll have decimated themselves. | 他们会把自己全炸死 |
[25:08] | By this time next week, they could decimate US! | 下周这个时候 他们会把我们全杀光 |
[25:11] | – Lorenzo… – Open your eyes, brother! | -洛伦佐 -睁开眼睛看看 弟弟 |
[25:14] | We no longer enjoy Milan’s protection. | 我们没有米兰的保护了 |
[25:17] | I want your men to surround this building. | 我要你的人包围这座建筑 |
[25:19] | No-one to come in or out, save Da Vinci and the boy. | 除了达·芬奇和这个孩子 不许任何人出入 |
[25:22] | You will accompany Da Vinci wherever he goes. | 不管达·芬奇去哪儿 你都要跟着他 |
[25:25] | Oh, I hardly think that’s necessary! | 我认为这完全没有必要 |
[25:31] | Go. | 出去 |
[25:34] | You have three days for a successful fire of your gun. | 你还有三天让火炮成功开火 |
[25:38] | If it fails, there will be no second chances. | 如果失败 不会再有第二次机会 |
[25:40] | There will be no trial. You will hang. | 无需审判 你会被绞死 |
[25:47] | Whatever you need to accomplish this you will possess. | 你要用到的一切都会充足供给 |
[25:51] | Money, materials, men. | 钱 材料 人手 |
[25:54] | Make your vision real, Da Vinci… | 把你的设想变成现实 达·芬奇 |
[25:58] | for your very life. | 为了你自己的小命 |
[26:06] | When the black hood pulls the lever… | 刽子手拉开关的时候 |
[26:10] | be sure to clench. | 记得咬紧牙关 |
[26:16] | Those guards are going to | 这么多卫兵 |
[26:17] | make it difficult to sneak off to the tavern. | 要溜去酒馆可难了 |
[26:20] | – Did you hear what he said? – Yes. | -你听到他说的话了吗 -听到了 |
[26:25] | I need to think. | 我需要思考 |
[26:26] | And if I need to think, I need to drink. | 如果要思考 我就得喝酒 |
[26:33] | This place is wonderful. | 这地方真奇妙 |
[26:35] | So much better than the convent. | 比修道院好多了 |
[26:38] | A million thanks to you, Leonardo. | 十万分的感谢 列奥纳多 |
[26:43] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[26:44] | I’m trying to envisage | 我在试图想象 |
[26:45] | what kind of lock the notches on this key correspond to. | 这把钥匙能开的是什么样的锁 |
[27:12] | Nico, do you have that coin the Turk gave you? | 尼克 土耳其人给的硬币还在吗 |
[27:24] | I thought so. | 果然如此 |
[27:27] | Two keys. | 两把钥匙 |
[27:40] | Whatever lock this corresponds with, | 不管是什么样的锁 |
[27:42] | I’d wager the key represents only half of the mechanism needed to open it. | 我赌这把钥匙只是开锁必须器械的一半 |
[27:47] | Leo, honestly, who cares? | 列奥 说句实话 谁在乎呀 |
[27:50] | Just give the damn thing to Riario. | 把它交给利拉奥 你还要造… |
[27:52] | Inspiration can’t be forced. | 灵感不可强求 |
[27:54] | Oh, well, tell that to the hangman– | 这话说给被绞死的人听吧 |
[27:56] | Inspiration cannot be forced | 灵感不可强求 |
[27:57] | Look, the fact that Riario | 听我说 利拉奥竟然冒着 |
[27:58] | would jeopardize a formal visit to acquire this | 毁掉正式访问的风险来找它 |
[28:01] | is telling. | 本身就说明 |
[28:02] | Obviously, it’s linked to the Book of Leaves. | 它显然与《叶之书》有关 |
[28:05] | The Turk confirmed it. | 土耳其人也确认了 |
[28:06] | Of course, the Turk. Your mystery man. | 当然了 土耳其人 你的神秘客 |
[28:08] | Yes! And since we have a mystery here… | 对 因为这里有秘密 |
[28:13] | ..I intend to see it through. | 我决定一查到底 |
[28:15] | What mystery? The Jew stole a key. | 什么秘密 犹太人偷了一把钥匙 |
[28:18] | He swallowed it to prevent his pursuers from getting it. | 为防止追踪者找到吞下肚去 |
[28:21] | Why would he break into a bookshop? | 可他为什么要闯进书店 |
[28:23] | Did it ever occur to you | 难道你就没想到 |
[28:24] | that’s where the key was in the first place. | 书店是钥匙原本的所在 |
[28:26] | That’s why he broke in. | 所以他才闯进去 |
[28:27] | No, the narrative doesn’t hold up. | 不对 这样说不通 |
[28:29] | The bookshop reported nothing missing. | 书店那边说什么都没丢 |
[28:30] | – Oh, for fuck’s sake! – And his bag was empty. | -真是没完没了 -他的包也是空的 |
[28:33] | And why the fingernail? And why was the Jew being pursued… | 他为何吞下手指甲 为何要追捕这犹太人 |
[28:39] | ..Before the bookshop? | 在他去书店之前 |
[28:49] | According to the Count, | 依照伯爵的说法 |
[28:51] | the Jew crossed the piazza del Duomo. | 犹太人穿过教堂广场 |
[28:54] | and then entered the via dei Aprile, here. | 然后来到了四月街 就是这里 |
[29:00] | Perhaps someone witnessed the event. | 也许有人看见了当时的情况 |
[29:04] | Please, signor, can you offer any charity? | 先生 行行好 赏点钱吧 |
[29:07] | Tell me, good man. | 告诉我 好先生 |
[29:09] | Were you here the night the Jew was caught? | 犹太人被抓的那晚你在这里吗 |
[29:11] | Indeed I was, for this is my home, and I have no other. | 当然在 这儿是我的家 我没有别处可去 |
[29:15] | Now who is lacking vision. Can’t you see this man’s blind? | 瞧瞧眼瞎 你没看到这人是瞎子吗 |
[29:21] | A florin, signor? | 一个弗罗林 先生 |
[29:23] | You could identify that by its sound? | 你听声音就能辨别出来吗 |
[29:25] | I am well versed in the respective tones of our realm’s coinage. | 我们国家的钱币是什么响声 我都熟悉着呢 |
[29:29] | If you would, my friend, could you describe what you heard that night? | 朋友 你能否描述一下那晚听见了什么 |
[29:33] | With pleasure. It was a cold night. | 愿意效劳 那晚很冷 |
[29:36] | When I first heard the shouts, I thought I was dreaming. | 我刚开始听见喊声时 还以为自己在做梦 |
[29:40] | They were coming from the Duomo. | 是从大教堂那边传来的 |
[29:42] | Then I heard the Jew’s footsteps and his breath. | 我听见了犹太人的脚步声和喘息声 |
[29:46] | He was terrified. I could tell that. | 他吓得不轻 我能听出来 |
[29:49] | Then he fell. | 然后他摔倒了 |
[29:52] | Dropped something. Pages fluttering like bird’s wings. | 有东西掉在地上 纸页翻动如鸟儿扑扇翅膀 |
[29:56] | Then I heard the Jew say, ‘Wo, wo?’ | 然后我听见犹太人说”喔 喔” |
[29:58] | Wo, wo? | 喔 喔 |
[30:01] | And I heard more shouts, his pursuers calling after him. | 我听见更多喊叫声 有人边喊边朝他追来 |
[30:04] | I did not understand a word they said, except for ‘halt’. | 我完全听不懂他们的话 除了一句”停” |
[30:09] | Halt. | 停 |
[30:12] | How does this shed light on your mystery? | 你的秘密有一点头绪了吗 |
[30:14] | The men chasing the Jew spoke a foreign tongue, | 追犹太人的那帮人说的是外语 |
[30:17] | yet they used the word ‘halt’. | 但用了”停”这个词 |
[30:18] | Only two languages use that word, German and English. | 只有两种语言有这个词 德语和英语 |
[30:20] | – So…? – So, the Swiss mercenaries employed by Rome speak German, | -所以呢 -所以罗马雇的瑞士佣兵说德语 |
[30:25] | and they must have assumed the Jew understood it, | 他们认为犹太人能听懂 |
[30:26] | which make sence since most Jews speak Yiddish, a form of German. | 因为大多数犹太人说意第绪语 德语的一种 |
[30:30] | The word ‘wo’ in Yiddish means ‘where’. | “喔”在意第绪语里是”哪里”的意思 |
[30:35] | The Jew wasn’t fearful. He was searching for something. | 犹太人并不害怕 他在找东西 |
[30:39] | See, I believe he had two items in his possession. | 我相信犹太人拥有两件东西 |
[30:42] | The first was small enough for him to swallow – the key. | 第一件小到能吞下去 就是钥匙 |
[30:46] | The second was larger, | 第二件比较大 |
[30:48] | forcing him to find a hiding-place. | 他不得不找地方藏起来 |
[30:50] | – Fluttering Pages. Its A book. – Precisely. | -纸页翻动 是一本书 -正确 |
[30:53] | And where would one best hide a book? | 最好的藏书地点是哪里 |
[31:03] | Would you mind skulking around, | 你愿意在旁边鬼鬼祟祟 |
[31:05] | making the proprietor apprehensive? | 吸引老板的注意吗 |
[31:07] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[31:09] | Well, because you reek of dishonesty. | 因为你看起来就不老实 |
[31:12] | As usual. | 又是这样 |
[31:14] | Signor Vesticci, how goes it? | 韦斯提奇先生 生意如何 |
[31:16] | Tell me – how many rows of shelves do you have? | 告诉我 你有几排书架 |
[31:19] | Ten. What of it? | 十排 怎么了 |
[31:21] | You there – did you just stuff something into your robes just now? | 喂 你刚才是不是把什么塞进衣服了 |
[31:24] | I beg your pardon? I was simply hefting the weight of this tome. | 你说什么 我不过掂掂这本书的重量 |
[31:28] | The fingernail was a clue to the second item’s location. | 指甲是找第二件东西的关键 |
[31:31] | Ten shelves. Ten fingers. | 十排书架 十根手指 |
[31:33] | Now, we’re facing the west. | 我们现在面朝西 |
[31:36] | It would be more obvious, when counting, | 通常在计数时 |
[31:38] | to poring oneself towards the opposite direction | 人们会不自觉地面朝相反的方向 |
[31:40] | the east and the rising sun. | 也就是太阳升起的东边 |
[31:45] | Additionally, Hebrew is the sacred language of the Jews, | 还有 希伯来语是犹太人的神圣语言 |
[31:50] | which is read from right to left. | 是从右往左读的 |
[31:51] | So, if we count from the right… | 所以 如果我们从右边数 |
[31:58] | ..We get row number five. | 找到第五排 |
[32:00] | Blood. | 血迹 |
[32:02] | Now, we know he bit off his fingernail. | 我们知道他咬掉了自己的指甲 |
[32:07] | Look, look, Nico. There. | 看 尼克 在那里 |
[32:10] | Heavy layer dust. No-one’s disturbed these books in ages. | 厚厚的灰尘 这些书好多年没人碰过了 |
[32:12] | But here… | 但是这里 |
[32:18] | There’s no dust at all on this book. | 这本书上却是纤尘不染 |
[32:22] | Written in Hebrew, no less. | 而且用希伯来语写成 |
[32:27] | I think we’ve found item number two. | 我想我们找到了第二件东西 |
[32:32] | I take it all back. If you had tits, I’d marry you. | 我收回 如果你有奶子 我就娶你 |
[32:35] | So, you long for the soul of a man but the breasts of a woman? | 所以你要的是男人的灵魂加女人的奶子 |
[32:39] | You have a treacherous road ahead, my friend. | 你面前的路很危险啊 朋友 |
[32:50] | Artista, you will come with us. | 工匠 跟我们走一趟 |
[32:53] | If you resist… | 如果你反抗 |
[32:55] | Well, just ask your little friend about Riario’s hospitality. | 问问你的小朋友 就知道利拉奥如何款待客人 |
[32:59] | Well, unfortunately, we will have to | 很遗憾 我们必须 |
[33:02] | decline the Count’s invitation. | 拒绝伯爵的邀请 |
[33:09] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[33:11] | Well, you’re acquainted I believe with my infernal devices. | 我相信你很熟悉我制作的可怕装置 |
[33:15] | The exploding chest, in my workshop. | 我工作室里的爆炸箱子 |
[33:18] | Well, this works on the same principle. | 这玩意儿跟它的原理一样 |
[33:22] | It is a grenado. It’s packed with gunpowder. | 这是手榴弹 里面塞满了火药 |
[33:26] | Activated by a push-button on its base. | 底部有个按钮能激活它 |
[33:28] | And if I remove my thumb… | 如果我松开拇指 |
[33:33] | ..The device will explode. | 装置就爆炸了 |
[33:35] | He’s lying. It’s a snuff-box. | 他骗人 那是鼻烟壶 |
[33:37] | Don’t test my resolve. I do not care for you to die, | 别考验我的决心 你是今天死还是明天死 |
[33:41] | on this day or any other. | 我反正是无所谓 |
[33:43] | You think the greatest mind in all of Europe needs to bluff? | 全欧洲最聪明的人还需要虚张声势吗 |
[33:46] | Then try us. | 你来试试啊 |
[33:47] | There’s a vendor nearby that sells those things. | 旁边有个小贩就卖这种东西 |
[33:50] | This is Da Vinci you’re staring down. | 你面前的人是达·芬奇 |
[33:51] | – It’s a snuff-box. – It’s a grenado. It’s a fucking grenado. | -就是鼻烟壶 -这是他妈的手榴弹 |
[33:58] | – Fuck me. – Split up. Please take the tome. | -见鬼 -分头走 带上书 |
[34:06] | After him! | 追 |
[34:09] | Halt! You won’t get away from us! | 停 你跑不掉的 |
[34:25] | Halt! | 停 |
[34:31] | Halt! | 停 |
[34:34] | Stay where you are! | 站住别动 |
[34:35] | – Got him! – Shit! | -抓住他 -该死 |
[34:41] | Shit. | 该死 |
[34:46] | Stop! | 停下 |
[35:11] | Oh, please, give Riario my regrets! | 请代我向利拉奥表示遗憾 |
[35:29] | Count Riario, if you’d be so kind. | 利拉奥伯爵 这边请 |
[35:34] | Signor de Medici. | 德·美第奇先生 |
[35:37] | Lady Orsini. | 奥尔西尼夫人 |
[35:39] | Thank you most humbly for the hospitality | 承蒙你们的热情款待 |
[35:42] | you’ve extended to our modest delegation. | 我们对此深感荣幸 |
[35:45] | We are only too happy | 我们很高兴 |
[35:47] | to receive Rome’s favored son. | 接待最受宠爱的罗马之子 |
[35:52] | Lord Girolamo. | 吉罗拉莫大人 |
[36:02] | We are ecstatic. | 我们喜不自胜 |
[36:06] | Shall you and I retire to my study for a few moments? | 能去书房聊两句吗 |
[36:15] | Drop the niceties, Riario. | 我就不绕弯子了 利拉奥 |
[36:17] | Your men broke into my artist’s studio. | 你的手下闯进了我那位艺术家的工作室 |
[36:21] | I want to know why. | 我想知道原因 |
[36:22] | Word of Da Vinci has reached the Holy Father’s ears. | 圣父听说了有关达·芬奇的传言 |
[36:26] | He’s tasked me with finding artisans | 他命我寻找工匠 |
[36:28] | to adorn the great chapel he’s building. | 装饰他在建的大教堂 |
[36:31] | I thought… | 我认为 |
[36:33] | Do you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[36:35] | An exploratory meeting might be in order. | 见面摸个底是有必要的 |
[36:38] | And was the death of your men part of that exploration? | 摸底时死几个人也是你计划的不成 |
[36:41] | Only retroactively, but it taught me a few things about your man | 纯属意外 不过我倒是对你的人了解了几分 |
[36:44] | and made me anxious to make his acquaintance. | 而且我更急不可耐地想要认识他了 |
[36:47] | Da Vinci is a mere dilettante. | 达·芬奇只是业余人士 |
[36:49] | An amusement. Nothing more. | 我要他只为取乐 仅此而已 |
[36:51] | And yet I’m told you’ve advanced him a stipend | 可我听说你给了他一笔资金 |
[36:54] | of 50 florins. | 有五十弗罗林 |
[36:59] | Quite a handsome allowance for a mere dilettante. | 请一个业余人士竟然花这么大价钱 |
[37:03] | Rome hears every whisper, Lorenzo. | 罗马留意每个传言 洛伦佐 |
[37:08] | Even outlandish ones concerning | 即便是那种荒诞不经的传言 |
[37:10] | artisans capable of constructing war machines. | 比如某个能做战斗机器的工匠 |
[37:14] | The manufacture of armaments | 制造武器 |
[37:15] | could be construed as a provocative move. | 可以看成是挑衅的举动 |
[37:17] | As could the assassination of Duke Sforza. | 刺杀斯福查公爵也一样 |
[37:21] | or the refusal to pay one’s debts. | 或是拒付欠债 |
[37:25] | Usury. It’s such an unseemly business. | 放债 是非常不体面的行为 |
[37:28] | I hear the Holy Father is | 我听说圣父 |
[37:30] | now borrowing money from the Pazzi family. | 开始向帕奇家族借钱了 |
[37:32] | Is he planning on bilking them as well? | 他也打算蒙骗他们吗 |
[37:36] | Since we’re on the subject of provocations, | 既然谈到挑衅 |
[37:39] | I believe it’s time I stated the purpose of my visit. | 不如我也阐明来意好了 |
[37:42] | His Holiness wishes to inform you of his choice | 教皇陛下要我告诉你 |
[37:45] | for the Archbishop of Pisa. | 他指定的下一任比萨大主教 |
[37:48] | Pisa falls under Florence’s jurisdiction. | 比萨归佛罗伦萨管 |
[37:50] | Nevertheless, the selection has been made. | 不管怎样 人已经选好 |
[37:54] | His Holiness has appointed Francesco Salviati. | 教皇陛下任命弗朗切斯科·萨尔维亚蒂 |
[38:01] | Your cousin. | 你的堂兄弟 |
[38:07] | It appears congratulations are in order. | 看我要祝贺你了 |
[38:10] | Please, inform the Holy Father | 请转告圣父 |
[38:12] | that you and Salviati should | 你和萨尔维亚蒂 |
[38:14] | assemble the largest army you can find… | 可以立刻去集结大军了 |
[38:17] | because the only way you’re setting foot in Pisa | 因为在我有生之年 |
[38:19] | is if I am dead and buried. | 你们休想踏足比萨 |
[38:21] | I see. | 是吗 |
[38:23] | So, that’s your proposed condition? | 这就是你的开出的条件了 |
[38:25] | Rome fired the first salvo, not I. | 是罗马开的第一枪 不是我 |
[38:28] | And we intend to fire the last. | 而且我们打算开最后一枪 |
[38:37] | Good night, Magnifico. | 晚安 诸位大人 |
[38:44] | How in Christ’s name did he know all that? | 老天 他到底是怎么知道那些的 |
[38:49] | Troubling. | 让人寝食难安 |
[39:12] | You look very fetching in your night shirt. | 你穿睡衣还真好看啊 |
[39:15] | What are you doing, skulking around like that? | 你在这鬼鬼祟祟的干什么 |
[39:16] | I could have hurt you. | 我伤了你怎么办 |
[39:18] | With a drafting compass? | 就用那绘图圆规吗 |
[39:22] | Why are you here, Leonardo? | 你来干什么 列奥纳多 |
[39:24] | I can’t get down to my quarters. | 我不能回我的住处 |
[39:25] | The Vatican’s thugs are scaring the streets looking for me. | 梵蒂冈的渣滓满街的抓我 |
[39:29] | Lorenzo’s men have been in and out of here all day, | 今天这里到处是洛伦佐的人 |
[39:31] | looking for you. | 也在找你 |
[39:33] | Lorenzo gave me a deadline on my musket. | 洛伦佐限期让我造出火炮 |
[39:36] | Frankly, I’m not sure I can make it. | 说实话 我不太确定能够成功 |
[39:38] | I’m not surprised. | 我一点儿也不惊讶 |
[39:40] | You have three layers of cannons on top of one another. Yes? | 你把三层大炮管叠在一起 |
[39:45] | Well, obviously there’s going to be | 三层炮管之间 |
[39:46] | some powder contamination between the three tiers. | 一定会有火药残留 |
[39:49] | Look, I promised Lorenzo a repeating musket | 我答应洛伦佐做出可以同时开火 |
[39:51] | that could be fired, cold and loaded simultaneously. | 装弹和冷却的循环火炮 |
[39:53] | This is a dangerous game you’re playing with Lorenzo. | 你跟洛伦佐这是在玩火 |
[39:56] | Are you sure you haven’t overreached? | 你不觉得有些过头吗 |
[39:58] | Christ, Andrea! The whole point of progress is overreaching. | 天哪 安德烈 不过头怎么能进步 |
[40:02] | Why doesn’t anyone understand that? | 怎么就没人能明白 |
[40:10] | Drink. | 喝了 |
[40:14] | Now, do you want to tell me what this is all really about? | 你打算告诉到底是怎么回事吗 |
[40:23] | Have you heard of the Book of Leaves? | 你听说过《叶之书》吗 |
[40:29] | It’s a myth. No more real than a unicorn. | 传说罢了 跟独角兽一样虚幻 |
[40:31] | – I have reason to believe it exists. – A book of wonders, | -我认为它真实存在 -一本神奇的书 |
[40:33] | containing the secret history of the world? Please! | 讲述世界的神秘历史吗 拜托 |
[40:37] | The Jew that was hanged. Hm? | 他们吊死的那个犹太人 |
[40:40] | This was his. | 这是他的 |
[40:42] | Your Hebrew’s better than mine. | 你希伯来语比我好 |
[40:44] | Perhaps you can tell me what it concerns. | 也许你能告诉我上面讲了什么 |
[40:53] | It’s… it’s a treatise on the origins of the universe. | 这…是个讲宇宙起源的故事 |
[40:59] | Astronomy. | 天文 |
[41:02] | It keeps referring to the Vault of Heaven, | 这上面总是提到天穹 |
[41:05] | how it can be opened. | 它怎样打开 |
[41:07] | Or perhaps… Ah-ha. | 也许…对了 |
[41:09] | So, the Vault of Heaven could refer to the night sky. | 天穹可能是指夜空 |
[41:12] | So, perhaps the Book of Leaves can be found | 说不定要找到某一颗天体 |
[41:13] | by looking for a specific constellation. | 就能找到《叶之书》 |
[41:15] | Leo, give up on this fool’s errand | 列奥 别徒劳了 |
[41:18] | and focus on your commission. | 专心做你的任务 |
[41:20] | Stop borrowing trouble based on a fable. | 别净从无稽之谈里给自己找麻烦 |
[41:26] | This fable… is bound up in the fate of my mother. | 这”无稽之谈”关系到我母亲的命运 |
[41:38] | I can draw anything I’ve seen, Andrea. Anything. | 我能画出所有见过的事物 安德烈 |
[41:43] | But I can’t draw her face. | 但我画不出她的脸 |
[41:46] | I’ve tried. I can’t. | 我试过 不行 |
[41:48] | I can’t. I just can’t remember it. | 就是不行 我完全记不得 |
[41:53] | If there’s any knowledge to be had of her | 要是我能从这谜团里了解到她 |
[41:55] | bound up in this quest… | 哪怕一点点 |
[41:58] | ..I need to see it through. | 我必须要一路找下去 |
[42:02] | Then your need will most likely end up getting you killed. | 你这样下去 很可能是一条死路 |
[42:26] | He told me the linens were from Naples. | 他说这亚麻是那不勒斯的呢 |
[42:29] | Isn’t that right, dear? | 是不是 亲爱的 |
[42:32] | Me, a textile merchant. | 我成了织品商人 |
[42:34] | I suggested he start getting his wine from the Orient, while he’s at it. | 我建议他不如顺道从东方带点酒回来 |
[42:39] | Shouldn’t you be working on Lorenzo’s musket? | 你不是应该忙着给洛伦佐做火炮吗 |
[42:42] | Well, unlike you, Father, | 我可不像你 父亲 |
[42:43] | I’m actually capable of doing two things at the same time. | 我完全可以一心二用 |
[42:45] | Drinking and digging your own grave. | 一边喝酒一边自掘坟墓吧 |
[42:58] | Yours. | 你的 |
[43:01] | The question you asked of me earlier. | 你之前问我的问题 |
[43:05] | Which guilt do I prefer? | 我更喜欢哪种愧疚 |
[43:11] | You seem very uncomfortable maestro. | 你看起来有些不大自在 大师 |
[43:13] | I don’t often attend affairs such as this. | 我不经常出席这种场合 |
[43:16] | Well, I do. It’s a confection of pretence and masks. | 我经常 一群人在面具下装模作样罢了 |
[43:21] | Smile. Lorenzo’s watching us. | 笑一笑 洛伦佐在看我们呢 |
[43:32] | Your pardons and indulgences. Your pardons and indulgences. | 不好意思 不好意思 |
[43:37] | Welcome, all of you… | 欢迎各位 |
[43:40] | to a feast of Florence, | 来此佛罗伦萨盛宴 |
[43:43] | so full of life and vibrancy. | 如此生机勃勃 |
[43:47] | So like Eden. | 如同伊甸园 |
[43:52] | Full of fresh fruits. | 鲜果繁盛 |
[43:58] | Full of bird and game. | 鸟兽自得 |
[44:13] | Full of nature’s grace. | 充盈着自然之美 |
[44:39] | So like Eden… | 正如伊甸园 |
[44:42] | but, of course, Eden had guests. | 但伊甸园内还有客人 |
[44:49] | As do we. | 我们也有 |
[44:51] | Of course, our guest is somewhat more pleasant than the serpent. | 当然我们的客人比这毒蛇更友善一点 |
[44:57] | Please let us welcome Count Girolamo Riario, | 请欢迎吉罗拉莫·利拉奥伯爵 |
[45:01] | emissary from Rome, | 罗马特使 |
[45:03] | to our Eden, to our Florence. | 来到我们的伊甸园 我们的佛罗伦萨 |
[45:13] | Dinner is served. | 请用晚餐 |
[45:29] | What do you see? | 你看出什么了 |
[45:33] | I know who you are; you know who I am. | 我知道你是谁 你也认识我 |
[45:35] | We both know what’s transpired. | 我们都心知肚明 |
[45:37] | Now, tell me: what do you see? | 告诉我 你看出什么了 |
[45:39] | I believe I saw someone call you a snake in front of all those people. | 我看出你被当众骂做毒蛇 |
[45:45] | And I see a key that you will be giving to me… | 我看到你要交给我的钥匙 |
[45:49] | along with whatever you took from that bookstore. | 还有你从书店拿走的不管什么东西 |
[45:51] | Well, both the key and the book the Jew hid are quite useless, | 你若没有找出天穹的才能 |
[45:55] | unless one has the intellect required to find the Vault of Heaven. | 这钥匙和那犹太人藏的书就都是废物 |
[45:59] | Then I’ll have you as well. | 这么说你也归我了 |
[46:00] | Why would I possibly surrender myself to Rome? | 我又为何要屈服于罗马呢 |
[46:03] | Perhaps you value your life? | 也许你懂得珍惜自己的性命 |
[46:08] | Not enough to betray Florence. | 还不够让我背叛佛罗伦萨 |
[46:10] | Then… | 那么 |
[46:12] | perhaps you value the life of another a little more. | 也许你更珍惜别人的性命 |
[46:18] | I know desire when I see it, | 我一眼就能看出欲望 |
[46:19] | and I am very well versed in the myriad ways of exploiting it. | 也十分精通欲望的探寻和求索 |
[46:26] | You know, this doesn’t have to be contentious, Da Vinci. | 我们没必要这么费口舌的 达芬奇 |
[46:31] | Join us, and the whole of the Vatican’s secret archives | 加入我们 所有梵蒂冈密卷 |
[46:35] | can be at your disposal. | 任你取阅 |
[46:37] | You’re offering me forbidden fruit now. | 你开始用禁果诱惑我了 |
[46:41] | That’s what serpents do, isn’t it? | 毒蛇不就是做这个的吗 |
[46:48] | Meet me tomorrow at sunrise. | 明天日出时分来见我 |
[46:50] | And then the key, | 到时钥匙 |
[46:52] | all of its secrets… can be yours. | 和所有的秘密 都是你的 |
[46:55] | And your services? | 那你呢 |
[46:57] | Surely, if I’m to find the Book of Leaves, | 我要想找到《叶之书》 |
[46:59] | I’ll need those, as well? | 你也是不可或缺的 |
[47:44] | – What is he doing? – He’s playing with a bottle. | -他在干什么 -把弄一个瓶子 |
[47:47] | Of course he is. | 这是当然 |
[47:49] | I’ll admit he eluded us once, | 我承认被他甩掉过一次 |
[47:51] | but this time we’re ready for him. | 不过这次 我们可是严阵以待 |
[47:58] | There. It makes sense. | 看 这就说得通了 |
[48:01] | He was already working with the Roman scum. | 他已经在和罗马渣滓合作了 |
[48:34] | Do we need any more proof than this? | 还需要更多的证据吗 |
[48:36] | He is complicit with them. | 他和他们有勾结 |
[48:40] | Consider this a retainer for your services to Rome. | 当这个是为你归附罗马所下的聘金 |
[48:46] | Why do you hesitate, Da Vinci? | 你在犹豫什么 达·芬奇 |
[48:49] | This is the next step. | 这就是下一步 |
[48:50] | Sorry. I don’t follow you. | 抱歉 我没明白你的意思 |
[48:54] | Why did you exhume the Jew? | 你为什么挖出那个犹太人的尸体 |
[48:56] | Why do you endeavor to find the Vault? | 你为什么竭力寻找天穹 |
[48:59] | I don’t endeavor. | 我没有竭力 |
[49:02] | I’ve found it. | 我已经找到了 |
[49:04] | The Vault of Heaven, which, | 天穹 |
[49:06] | presumably, contains the Book of Leaves. | 想必《叶之书》就置于其中 |
[49:09] | I’ve had it put on wheels, so I might move it for safekeeping. | 我给它装上了轮子 以便移动并妥善保管 |
[49:13] | Apparently, it requires two keys to open. | 很显然 打开它需要两把钥匙 |
[49:18] | The Jew. The Vault. The Book. | 犹太人 天穹 书 |
[49:23] | You’ve done all this, because you want to know | 你做了这些 因为你想知道 |
[49:27] | what’s next. | 接下来会发生什么 |
[49:29] | Between the base animal clawing for money | 蝼蚁虫豸汲汲求财 |
[49:31] | and the enlightened man’s reach for God | 明哲智者学究天人 |
[49:35] | lies knowledge. | 其间差别 唯有知识 |
[49:37] | You just want to know what’s next. I do too. | 你只是想知道接下来会怎样 我也想 |
[49:41] | Oh, that’s not what you want. | 你才不是那样想 |
[49:44] | You want to suppress knowledge. | 你想隐瞒知识 |
[49:46] | No. I want to administer it. | 不 我想管理它 |
[49:50] | Someone has to. Why not an agent of God? | 总要有人来做 何不交给上帝的代理人 |
[49:53] | Well, if God exists, surely, | 如果上帝存在 |
[49:55] | He intended His knowledge to be shared by all. | 他一定愿意将知识与世人分享 |
[49:58] | The truth is, progress frightens you and your ilk. | 真相就是 你和你的同僚惧怕进步 |
[50:04] | Not at all. We embrace it. | 一派胡言 我们欣然接受进步 |
[50:07] | Really?! Really? | 真的吗 真的吗 |
[50:11] | Are we at an impasse, then? | 所以我们是陷入僵局了 |
[50:14] | That would be unfortunate. | 真是不幸 |
[50:17] | This is your last chance for an amicable partnership. | 这是你接受友好合作的最后机会 |
[50:22] | I decline your offer. | 我拒绝你的提议 |
[50:25] | I pledge allegiance to Lorenzo the Magnificent, | 我宣誓效忠伟大的洛伦佐 |
[50:30] | his foolish brother, | 他的白痴兄弟 |
[50:32] | and the whole of Florence! | 以及整个佛罗伦萨 |
[50:35] | You want to tame Florence, | 你想驯服佛罗伦萨 |
[50:37] | but I prefer it wild, | 我却偏爱它的狂野 |
[50:40] | for all its quirks and criminals. | 它的奇人异士和不法分子 |
[50:43] | So, why don’t you scurry on back to Rome | 你何不滚回罗马 |
[50:46] | and tell your Pope that neither Florence nor Da Vinci | 告诉你的教皇 佛罗伦萨和达·芬奇 |
[50:51] | will be contained? | 都不会为人所制 |
[50:59] | You hurt my friend! | 你伤了我的朋友 |
[51:03] | – Go! – Run, you fools! | -撤退 -逃吧 你们这群蠢材 |
[51:40] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[51:47] | I did warn you. | 我警告过你 |
[52:08] | Why aren’t we meeting at the palace? | 为什么我们不在宫里会面 |
[52:13] | I come here to retreat from public life. | 我来这里是为了躲避公众的目光 |
[52:17] | And the words I would have with you aren’t meant to be public. | 我们之间的对话需要保密 |
[52:21] | I believe there may be a spy in my court. | 我认为我身边可能存在奸细 |
[52:24] | Riario knew the details of our arrangement, | 利拉奥清楚我们之间协定的细节 |
[52:27] | the exact amount of the stipend I’ve advanced you. | 甚至是我拨给你资金的精确数额 |
[52:33] | You suspect my allegiance? | 您怀疑我的忠诚 |
[52:39] | No. | 不 |
[52:41] | No, the fact that you just killed six of the papal guard | 不 你刚刚杀死了六名教皇卫队护卫 |
[52:45] | releases you from the circle of suspicion. | 那排除了你的嫌疑 |
[52:49] | No, you wanted me to witness | 不 你希望我目击到 |
[52:50] | your meeting with Riario today, didn’t you? | 你今天和利拉奥的会面 对吗 |
[52:53] | What makes you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[52:55] | Well, you managed to evade my officers, | 你设法甩掉了我的人 |
[52:57] | dispite the fact that I insisted they watch over you, | 虽然我坚持让他们看着你 |
[53:00] | and then today, conveniently, you slip up. | 而今天 你很容易就被找到了 |
[53:03] | You intended for us to track you to the quarry. | 你希望我们跟踪你到采石场 |
[53:05] | I thought you might appreciate | 我认为您会很高兴 |
[53:06] | seeing the gun work against real opponents rather than wooden ones. | 看到火炮击中真正的敌人 而不是木制的 |
[53:10] | How did you fix the gun’s flaws? | 你是怎么修好火炮的缺陷的 |
[53:12] | I realized the cannons needed more separation, | 我意识到炮筒的距离要更大一些 |
[53:14] | so the rotating drum I fashioned did just that. | 所以我做了滚筒加以改进 |
[53:17] | And can your musket now be produced on a large scale? | 你的火枪能大规模生产吗 |
[53:20] | Well, given the resources, absolutely. | 有资金就没问题 |
[53:24] | Then you will have them. | 资金会到位的 |
[53:26] | You have done well, Da Vinci. | 做得不错 达·芬奇 |
[53:29] | We struck Riario quite a blow today. | 我们今天狠狠地打击了利拉奥 |
[53:34] | But it won’t be long before he retaliates. | 但没多久他就会卷土重来 |
[53:37] | Lorenzo, we don’t have much… | 洛伦佐 我们没多少… |
[53:41] | I’m sorry. I thought we were alone. | 抱歉 我还以为就我们两个 |
[53:42] | It’s all right, Lucrezia. It’s only Da Vinci. | 没关系的 卢奎西娅 只是达·芬奇 |
[53:46] | And I trust we can rely on his discretion. | 我相信他会谨言慎行 |
[53:50] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[53:53] | Good man. | 好样的 |
[53:55] | Get to work, maestro. | 开工吧 大师 |
[53:58] | Florence is counting on you. | 佛罗伦萨就靠你了 |
[54:27] | Why do you laugh? | 你笑什么 |
[54:28] | One day, Lupo, | 总有一天 卢坡 |
[54:31] | all that you see here will fall under Rome’s rule. | 这里的一切都会归附于罗马的统治之下 |
[54:35] | And if that day happens a bit further down the road, | 如果统治的来临会因为 |
[54:38] | because of Da Vinci’s intervention… | 达·芬奇的发明而延后 |
[54:42] | So be it. | 那就顺其自然吧 |
[54:44] | But he has the key. | 但是他有钥匙 |
[54:48] | That makes him one step closer to obtaining the Book of Leaves. | 那让他离拿到《叶之书》又近了一步 |
[54:51] | Let him keep it for now. At least we know where it is. | 暂时就让他拿着 至少我们知道它的所在 |
[54:55] | And besides…the key is useless without its counterpart. | 此外 没有对应的部分 那钥匙毫无用处 |
[55:00] | And what if Da Vinci obtains that? | 如果达·芬奇拿到了那部分呢 |
[55:04] | He won’t. | 不会的 |
[55:07] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[55:10] | Because I have it! | 因为它在我这里 |
[55:18] | And now you know, dear Lupo… | 现在你知道了 亲爱的卢坡 |
[55:21] | ..Why I find the whole affair so amusing. | 为什么我觉得这整件事如此好笑 |
[55:38] | Why the long face, Leo? | 为什么拉着个脸 列奥 |
[55:40] | The maestro’s never satisfied. | 大师永不满足 |
[55:41] | The possibility of perfection, | 完美的可能性 |
[55:45] | is another puzzle looming over the horizon. | 又一个从地平线上出现的难题 |
[55:47] | How many letters are there in the Hebrew alphabet? | 希伯来语总共有多少字母 |
[55:49] | 27. | 二十七个 |
[55:51] | There are 27 illustrations in this book. | 这本书里有二十七幅插图 |
[55:54] | So…? | 那又怎样 |
[55:57] | Have you gone mad? | 你疯了吗 |
[56:00] | Help me move this table back. | 帮我挪开桌子 |
[56:03] | Hebrew, as we’ve already established, | 希伯来语 前面已经说过 |
[56:05] | is written from right to left. | 从右向左书写 |
[56:10] | If the first illustration | 如果第一幅插图 |
[56:13] | corresponds with the first page of the Hebrew alphabet… | 对应希伯来语字母表的第一个字母 |
[56:16] | Aleph. | 阿列夫 |
[56:17] | and the second page corresponds with the second… | 第二幅对应第二个… |
[56:21] | – Beth. – ..And the third page | -贝特 -第三页 |
[56:23] | follows the same pattern… | 遵循同样的模式 |
[56:26] | Gimel. | 格梅勒 |
[56:26] | Do you see how the gold gild lines up from one page to the next? | 看到这条金线怎样游走于页面之间吗 |
[56:30] | Have you heard of steganography? | 你们听说过隐写术吗 |
[56:32] | It’s a type of cryptography developed by the Greeks. | 希腊人发明的一种密码术 |
[56:34] | It means ‘concealed writing’. | 字面意思是”隐蔽的文字” |
[56:36] | It’s basically hiding a coded message in plain sight. | 实际上就是将加密信息藏于显而易见之处 |
[56:40] | – Leaves in a forest. – If we make a grid of three rows, | -藏木于林 -如果做排成三列 |
[56:44] | each of them nine across… | 每列九行 |
[56:46] | – What is it? – Patience, Nico. | -是什么 -耐心点 尼克 |
[56:49] | As with most puzzles… | 正如大部分难题一样 |
[56:52] | it needs to be viewed from a different perspective. | 我们得换个角度去看 |
[57:01] | The Vault of Heaven isn’t a metaphor. | 天穹不是比喻说法 |
[57:04] | It’s an actual vault, | 穹顶是真实存在的 |
[57:07] | containing the Book of Leaves. | 《叶之书》就在里面 |
[57:10] | And that, gentlemen, | 而那个 先生们 |
[57:12] | is a map, detailing the vault’s location. | 就是穹顶所在之处的地图 |
[57:16] | The land this describes doesn’t exist. | 图上所绘的大陆并不存在 |
[57:19] | Well, then, we’ll just have to discover it, won’t we? | 那么我们就要去发现它了 不是吗 |