时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:32] | Ouch. | 哎呦 |
[01:33] | That had to hurt. | 一定很痛 |
[01:35] | Not as bad as his bill for his time. | 被他计时收取律师费才肉痛呢 |
[01:41] | Who’s the vic? | 死者是谁 |
[01:42] | Name’s Manny Hinde, attorney-at-law. | 名叫曼尼·海德 是位律师 |
[01:44] | You probably heard his radio commercial. | 你大概听过他的电台广告 |
[01:46] | “Had an accident? | “出了意外 |
[01:47] | Hurt on the job?” | 遇到工伤 |
[01:48] | “Call the legal mind of Manny Hinde.” | 请致电法律专家曼尼·海德” |
[01:54] | Secretary found him when she came in this morning. | 秘书今早来上班的时候发现了他 |
[01:56] | Said that he stayed late last night | 说他昨晚熬夜 |
[01:58] | to work on a bunch of briefs. | 处理一堆简报 |
[02:06] | Through and through. | 子弹穿脑而过 |
[02:09] | Fired at point-blank range. | 是在短射程内开的枪 |
[02:12] | Body temp suggests TOD was around midnight. | 尸体温度显示死亡时间大约在午夜 |
[02:27] | Outside of where it impacted the glass, | 在子弹冲击玻璃的位置 |
[02:29] | I’m not seeing any ballistic striae on its surface. | 我在表面没看到任何弹道擦痕 |
[02:32] | – So we’re not talking about your average gat. – No. | -这么说凶手用的不是普通手枪 -对 |
[02:35] | But whatever it was… | 但无论是什么手枪 |
[02:37] | somebody clearly used it to blow the legal mind of Manny Hinde. | 有人拿它打爆了曼尼·海德的法律头脑 |
[03:56] | Any signs of forced entry? | 有强行闯入的迹象吗 |
[03:57] | None whatsoever. | 没有 |
[03:58] | Then Manny Hinde might have known his killer. | 那曼尼·海德可能认识凶手 |
[04:00] | What about family? | 他家里什么情况 |
[04:02] | Divorced twice. | 离婚两次 |
[04:03] | Both of his exes live out of state. | 两任前妻都不在纽约州居住 |
[04:05] | No kids. | 没有孩子 |
[04:06] | His secretary says he spent half his life in the office, | 他的秘书说 他一半时间在办公室 |
[04:08] | the other half in court. | 另一半在法庭 |
[04:09] | Any idea what kind of cases he was working? | 知道他最近在办什么案子吗 |
[04:12] | He was counsel to 17 plaintiffs. | 他负责十七起案件 |
[04:14] | Six traffic accidents, | 六起交通事故 |
[04:15] | eight worker comps, two slip-and-falls and a bad lip enhancement. | 八起工伤 两起不慎滑倒 一起丰唇失败 |
[04:18] | Though I have yet to see a good one. | 不过我还从未见过丰唇成功的案例 |
[04:21] | Sounds like there could be | 看来凶手有可能是 |
[04:22] | any number of defendants who didn’t appreciate Manny’s work. | 任何一位对曼尼怀恨在心的被告 |
[04:24] | I sent a copy of the case files to your office. | 我往你办公室发了一份卷宗副本 |
[04:26] | Good. | 好 |
[04:27] | It could help us figure out | 这可以帮我们查出 |
[04:28] | who chased this ambulance chaser into an early grave. | 是谁送这位专办交通事故赔偿的律师早早归西 |
[04:34] | Police say they have no leads at this stage | 警方表示 他们目前没有发现任何线索 |
[04:37] | and they’re appealing for help from the public. | 他们在寻求公众帮助 |
[04:39] | Hey, I thought we were having lunch together. | 我还以为咱们要一起吃午餐呢 |
[04:40] | Yeah, sorry, me too, babe. | 抱歉 我也以为 宝贝 |
[04:42] | But Mac’s got me poring over Manny Hinde’s case files. | 不过麦克让我详查曼尼·海德的卷宗 |
[04:45] | Which I actually like to call “50 Shades of Sleazebag.” | 而我想称其为《卑鄙小人的五十种嘴脸》 |
[04:48] | It’s better than running ballistics on a bullet with no ballistics. | 那也比查一枚没有弹道的子弹上的弹道要强 |
[04:51] | – How you supposed to do that? – Exactly. | -那要怎么查 -就是嘛 |
[04:53] | Hey, will you turn that up? | 能把声音调大点吗 |
[04:54] | A million dollars. A million! | 一百万美元 一百万呐 |
[04:56] | You telling me it wouldn’t knock you out cold to have | 要是有人拿那么多钱砸你一下 |
[04:59] | somebody hit you with that kind of lettuce? | 你能不晕吗 |
[05:00] | So far, over the last 24 hours, | 截至目前 在过去24小时里 |
[05:02] | ten individuals across New York City have received cashier’s checks | 纽约市的十名市民从一位匿名捐赠者处 |
[05:05] | from an anonymous donor for a million dollars apiece. | 收到了银行开出的一百万美元支票 |
[05:08] | Officials at First Federation Bank, | 第一联邦银行 |
[05:10] | where the checks were processed, | 即处理这些支票的银行 |
[05:12] | had no comment on the identity of the generous benefactor | 其官员表示这位慷慨的捐赠人并未注明身份 |
[05:15] | people are now simply referring to as the “Guardian Angel.” | 现在大家将其称为”守护天使” |
[05:19] | The Guardian Angel? | 守护天使 |
[05:20] | Can I get a number on this guy? | 能把这家伙的电话号码给我吗 |
[05:21] | I want to give him our address. | 我想把自家地址告诉他 |
[05:23] | …every borough across town. | 全城的每个行政区 |
[05:24] | And while none of the random recipients claim | 而这些随机接受者表示 |
[05:26] | to have any clue about why they’ve been given a million in cash, | 完全不知道自己为何会收到一百万现金 |
[05:29] | it’s clearly had a very big impact. | 但显然这钱有着重大影响 |
[05:31] | Uh, I’m gonna get out of the projects. | 我要辞了这份工作 |
[05:33] | I’m gonna go back to school. | 我要重返校园 |
[05:36] | Um, I’m gonna do everything my mother dreamed I would. | 我要完成母亲希望我完成的所有事情 |
[05:40] | Flores, a fast-food restaurant employee… | 弗洛雷斯 一位快餐店雇员… |
[05:42] | Wow. What kind of person gives that type of coin away | 谁会把这么一大笔钱送给 |
[05:44] | to someone they don’t even know? | 素不相识的人 |
[05:45] | Somebody who wants to feel good, I would imagine. | 我猜大概是想要自我感觉良好的人 |
[05:48] | …an investment planner, a songwriter, | 投资策划人 歌曲作家 |
[05:50] | and a retired veteran. | 退伍老兵 |
[05:52] | Also, no one has been able to figure out | 另外 尚未有人找出 |
[05:54] | what exactly these folks have in common, | 这几位市民的共同之处 |
[05:56] | aside from their newfound wealth | 除了他们刚刚收到一笔巨款 |
[05:58] | and their obvious joy, and also… | 而且难掩内心喜悦之情 |
[06:00] | You know, the most free money I ever got | 我收到的最大一笔意外之财 |
[06:01] | was $1.75 in extra change | 是那台自动贩售机 |
[06:03] | from that vending machine. | 多找了我1.75块 |
[06:04] | You should give it back. | 你应该还回去 |
[06:06] | Seriously? | 你认真的吗 |
[06:07] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[06:10] | Jo Danville. | 乔·丹维尔 |
[06:15] | Okay, on our way. | 好 马上来 |
[06:17] | All right, let’s go work, Adam. | 该工作了 亚当 |
[06:18] | You can earn back that snack machine bonus. | 你可以挣回那笔贩卖机意外之财了 |
[06:28] | Name is Justin VanderHeyden. | 死者叫贾斯汀·范德海登 |
[06:30] | 23 years old, mechanical engineer. | 23岁 机械工程师 |
[06:33] | Graduated with honors last year | 去年以优异成绩 |
[06:34] | from the Brooklyn University of Science. | 从布鲁克林科技大学毕业 |
[06:36] | Sounds like a bright kid. | 看来是个聪明的孩子 |
[06:38] | Never got less than an “A” according to his parents. | 据父母所言 他从没得过低于A的成绩 |
[06:40] | Nothing more than jury duty according to his record. | 据记录显示 他只履行过陪审员义务 |
[06:43] | Then how’d he end up here? | 那他怎么会死在这里 |
[06:45] | Landlord came by around noon looking for the rent. | 中午时分 房东来收房租 |
[06:47] | Said the door was open. | 声称房门大开 |
[06:48] | He found Justin dead on the floor. | 他发现贾斯汀死了 躺在地上 |
[06:50] | No signs of breaking and entering. | 没有强行闯入的痕迹 |
[06:51] | Looks like a single round. | 看来是一击致命 |
[06:53] | Penetrating trauma to the heart, | 由失血量判断 |
[06:55] | judging by the blood loss. | 是刺穿心脏造成的 |
[06:57] | Liver temp… | 肝温… |
[07:00] | puts the time of death about 10:00 last night. | 推断死亡时间大概是昨晚十点 |
[07:07] | Okay, so we got two computer speakers, a mouse pad | 这里有两个电脑音箱 一块鼠标垫 |
[07:11] | and no computer. | 却没有电脑 |
[07:12] | So we could still be looking at burglary, | 即使没有强行闯入 |
[07:14] | even without the B and E. | 仍可猜测为入室抢劫 |
[07:16] | Maybe Justin let the wrong person in. | 也许贾斯汀让坏人进了屋 |
[07:21] | Hey, Jo, check this out. | 乔 来看看这个 |
[07:24] | This table’s covered with some kind of powdered metal. | 某种金属粉末覆在这张桌上 |
[07:31] | Not totally covered. | 不是全部覆盖 |
[07:33] | Sometimes the biggest clue is the one that’s missing. | 有时最大的线索就是失踪的东西 |
[07:53] | So what would you do in that position? | 换做是你 你会做什么 |
[07:56] | If somebody gave me a million bucks? | 如果有人给我一百万吗 |
[08:01] | Hmm. I’d probably use it to help underprivileged youth. | 我八成会用它帮助贫困少年 |
[08:03] | Or buy a Tesla. | 或者买台特斯拉 |
[08:34] | That’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[08:35] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:36] | These metal fragments I collected from Manny Hinde’s desk | 这些从曼尼·海德桌上收集到的金属碎片 |
[08:39] | are testing positive for gunshot residue. | 经检测覆盖有射击残留物 |
[08:42] | But they’re made of some kind of metal and epoxy resin | 但构成它们的金属和环氧树脂 |
[08:45] | that I’ve never seen on any weapon before. | 我之前从没在任何武器上见过 |
[08:47] | Yeah, then we’re in the exact same boat. | 那我们的进展完全相同 |
[08:49] | ‘Cause I can’t tell Mac anything more | 因为我和你一样 不能告诉麦克 |
[08:51] | about what fired this bullet than you can. | 这枚子弹是由什么武器发射的 |
[09:38] | But it wasn’t until the East Village couple found a gift | 直到东村夫妇发现 |
[09:41] | from the Guardian Angel that they realized | 来自守护天使的礼物 他们才意识到 |
[09:43] | just how lucky they were. | 自己有多幸运 |
[09:44] | But now the three of us are gonna be just fine. | 但现在我们三口会幸福地生活下去 |
[09:48] | The three of us? | 三口 |
[09:52] | – I’m gonna be a father? – Yeah. | -我要做爸爸了 -是的 |
[09:53] | Okay, people. | 好了 大家 |
[09:55] | These bodies aren’t gonna autopsy themselves. | 这些尸体可不会自己解剖自己 |
[10:49] | Looks like a busy day down here. | 看来今天很忙啊 |
[10:51] | That’s what I get for taking yesterday off. | 所以我才在昨天请了假 |
[10:54] | Well, I hope you spent it at least relaxing. | 希望你至少昨天过得轻松 |
[10:56] | I think I stopped relaxing during my first year of med school. | 我觉得自从上了医学院 我就没轻松过 |
[11:01] | So, what can you tell us about Justin VanderHeyden? | 关于贾斯汀·范德海登 你知道些什么 |
[11:04] | COD was catastrophic injury | 死亡原因是由枪击引起的 |
[11:07] | to the heart due to gunshot wound. | 大面积心脏损伤 |
[11:09] | The bullet was lodged in his pulmonary artery, | 子弹卡在他的肺动脉里 |
[11:12] | where it no doubt killed young Justin instantly. | 这无疑马上害死了年轻的贾斯汀 |
[11:15] | But I’m afraid that wasn’t my most unsettling discovery. | 但恐怕这不是最让我不安的发现 |
[11:26] | There’s no striae of any kind. | 子弹上没有任何细纹 |
[11:28] | It’s just like the other one. | 就像另一枚 |
[11:30] | The bullet Sid pulled from Justin VanderHeyden’s heart | 希德从贾斯汀·范德海登心脏里取出的子弹 |
[11:33] | is identical to the round fired through Manny Hinde’s head. | 与射穿曼尼·海德头的那枚一模一样 |
[11:37] | When did you estimate Justin’s TOD? | 贾斯汀的死亡时间是什么时候 |
[11:39] | Around 10:00 p.m. | 大约晚上十点 |
[11:40] | And Manny died a couple of hours later at midnight. | 而曼尼在几小时后死于午夜 |
[11:42] | So what’s the connection between a young engineer | 那年轻工程师和专攻伤害案的律师 |
[11:44] | and an ambulance chaser? | 之间有什么联系 |
[11:46] | They were both murdered with the exact same weapon. | 他们都被同一件武器谋杀了 |
[12:00] | Despite the kinds of cases Manny Hinde handles, | 尽管曼尼·海德处理多种案子 |
[12:02] | there haven’t been any countersuits | 但过去五年里都没有 |
[12:03] | filed against him in the past five years | 反对他的反诉存档 |
[12:06] | or a single complaint logged with the New York Bar. | 或是纽约律师界对他的投诉 |
[12:09] | And we didn’t find anyone who didn’t like Justin VanderHeyden. | 我们也找不到有谁会与贾斯汀·范德海登结仇 |
[12:12] | So whatever he was working on, | 所以不论他在做什么 |
[12:14] | he didn’t have to worry about his reputation. | 都和他的名声无关 |
[12:16] | What about something that ties Justin directly to Manny? | 那贾斯汀和曼尼有什么直接联系 |
[12:20] | Different ages, different walks of life, | 年龄不同 行业不同 |
[12:22] | live on completely separate sides of the city. | 住在城市的两端 |
[12:25] | Nothing to indicate these two ever crossed paths. | 没有东西能证明两人有交集 |
[12:28] | Then why are these two men dead | 那为何这两人会死在 |
[12:29] | at the hands of the same killer? | 同一个凶手手上 |
[12:34] | I miss you more. | 我更想你 |
[12:36] | I do. Well, it is possible. | 真的 可能啊 |
[12:37] | I’m bigger than you, okay? | 我比你壮 |
[12:39] | It means I’m physically capable | 这意味着我在生理上 |
[12:41] | of missing you in larger quantities. | 能更多地想你 |
[12:44] | It’s a scientific fact. | 这是科学事实 |
[12:46] | It is. Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:47] | Ooh. What? Wow. | 什么 |
[12:49] | You like that, do you? | 你喜欢吗 |
[12:50] | You like that I’m a scientist? | 你喜欢我是个科学家吗 |
[12:52] | Do you? Yeah? | 是吗 |
[12:53] | I think it turns you on. | 我猜它让你兴奋了 |
[12:55] | Well, maybe I’ll come over later and put on my lab coat and… | 或许我待会该过来 穿上实验服… |
[12:58] | Oh! Oh. Bye. | 再见 |
[13:02] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[13:03] | Uh, you guys are probably wondering why I’m on my phone. | 你们或许好奇我为什么在打电话 |
[13:06] | Yeah, uh, that thought did cross our mind. | 是的 那个想法确实有闪过 |
[13:09] | Well, unfortunately, Justin VanderHeyden, uh, | 不幸的是 贾斯汀·范德海登 |
[13:13] | had pass code protection, | 有密码保护 |
[13:14] | so I’m having to hack into his phone. | 所以我正在黑他的手机 |
[13:16] | – And in the meantime? – In the meantime, yeah… | -同时呢 -同时 |
[13:19] | okay, um… | 好吧 |
[13:22] | This is Michelle. | 这个是米雪儿 |
[13:23] | Yeah, she’s a musician. | 她是个音乐家 |
[13:26] | Um, a-actually, she’s a waitress, | 其实 她是个女招待 |
[13:27] | but one day she’s gonna be famous, | 但她肯定有一天会出名的 |
[13:27] | I know it, she’s just so beautiful. | 肯定的 她真是太美了 |
[13:29] | I can see that. | 真的很美 |
[13:30] | I know, but have you ever met someone that just makes you | 你们有没有遇到过一个人 |
[13:32] | completely forget about everything in your life | 能使你的过去都变得 |
[13:34] | before you met them? | 微不足道 |
[13:35] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[13:37] | Oh, God. | 噢 天呐 |
[13:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你的提醒 |
[13:39] | Check Justin’s GPS records. | 查一下贾斯汀的GPS记录 |
[13:41] | Maybe they can tell us where he was before he was killed. | 也许能查到他遇害之前的地点 |
[13:44] | – Now. – Okay. | -马上 -好的 |
[13:47] | Here we go. | 找到了 |
[13:48] | He was around the Bronx | 他晚上七点半左右 |
[13:50] | approximately 7:30 p.M. | 在布朗克斯区 |
[13:52] | Triborough Club. Have you ever heard of it? | 三区夜总会 你听过吗 |
[13:54] | It’s an upscale place. | 是一个高消费场所 |
[13:55] | A lot of younger, hipper kids. | 有很多年轻潮人 |
[13:57] | You definitely go there to be seen. | 你去了一定显得很突兀 |
[13:58] | All right, then listen to me carefully. | 好了 仔细听我说 |
[14:00] | Stay off your phone and on his. | 放下你的手机 拿起他的 |
[14:02] | Go through Justin’s contacts, calendar, | 然后仔细检查贾斯汀的通讯录 日程表 |
[14:05] | text messages, call records, all of it. | 短信 还有通话记录 所有的 |
[14:07] | – Yes, sir. – And, Jo. | -收到 -还有 乔 |
[14:10] | Get on the horn with Flack. | 和弗莱克取得联系 |
[14:11] | He and Lovato should check with the Triborough Club | 让他和洛瓦托去趟三区夜总会 |
[14:13] | for any possible witnesses or surveillance. | 查查是否有任何目击证人或是监控记录 |
[14:16] | If Justin was there that soon before he was killed… | 如果贾斯汀离开不久后就遇害了 |
[14:20] | his killer might have been there with him. | 那凶手也有可能当时和他在一起 |
[14:28] | I can’t believe not one bartender or server | 真无法相信 没有一个酒保或是服务生 |
[14:31] | remembered seeing Justin VanderHeyden in that club. | 记得在那见过贾斯汀·范德海登 |
[14:33] | I asked every single last one of them, | 我问了他们每一人 |
[14:35] | and all we have to go on is a surveillance video | 而现在唯一的线索就是 |
[14:37] | they gave us of the freak show outside. | 他们给的场外监控录像 |
[14:39] | Tell you what, you would not catch me dead in a place | 跟你说 你永远都不会在这种地方 |
[14:41] | like the Triborough. | 找到我 |
[14:44] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[14:45] | You prefer Irish pubs. | 你更喜欢去爱尔兰酒吧 |
[14:47] | Why? Because you prefer salsa dancing? | 为什么 就因为你更喜欢跳莎莎舞吗 |
[14:50] | Touch. | 一针见血 |
[14:53] | What are you into? | 你到底喜欢什么 |
[14:54] | Why, so you can tease me? | 怎么 好让你嘲笑我 |
[14:55] | No. | 不是 |
[14:58] | Come on, I’m curious. | 说嘛 我很好奇 |
[14:59] | I won’t bust on you, I promise. | 我不会开玩笑的 我保证 |
[15:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:04] | But I’m trusting you with this, okay? | 我就信你一次 |
[15:08] | Two words. | 两个字 |
[15:10] | Ping-Pong. | 乒乓 |
[15:13] | Ping-Pong? | 乒乓 |
[15:14] | I know. I didn’t think I’d be into it, either, | 我知道 我也没想过我会着迷 |
[15:16] | but there’s this new place that | 但几个月前 |
[15:17] | opened up in SoHo a couple of months back. | 在索霍区新开了这家 |
[15:19] | I walked into it on a canvass– it’s awesome. | 我是被拉进去的 真的很不错 |
[15:21] | You can rent tables by the hour. | 球桌可以以小时计费 |
[15:23] | They got a full bar. They even have coaches | 提供酒水 当你玩的时候 |
[15:25] | walking around to help you with your game. | 旁边还有教练指导 |
[15:27] | Of Ping-Pong? | 指导乒乓球 |
[15:28] | When was the last time you played? | 你上次玩是什么时候 |
[15:29] | I don’t know, probably seventh grade. | 不记得了 大概初一吧 |
[15:31] | Then you should know what I’m talking about. | 那你应该明白我的意思 |
[15:33] | But in case you forgot, I will happily reintroduce you | 但既然你忘了 我很乐意让你 |
[15:35] | to the pleasures of Ping-Pong– | 重新感受乒乓球的魅力 |
[15:37] | unless, of course, you’re scared I’m gonna beat you. | 除非 你怕你赢不了我 |
[15:41] | I think I can hold my own. | 我想我的实力还在 |
[15:43] | Oh, all right, then. | 那好吧 |
[15:45] | So, what do you say we go tonight after work? | 今晚下班后去怎么样 |
[15:48] | First round’s on me. | 第一轮酒我请 |
[15:50] | All right. | 好啊 |
[15:54] | I’m game. | 我去 |
[16:00] | We got VanderHeyden entering the club. | 范德海登正要进去 |
[16:03] | What time? | 几点 |
[16:05] | 7:50. | 七点五十 |
[16:06] | Okay. Let’s see if we can run it forward | 好 我们往后找找 |
[16:09] | and catch him on the exit. | 看能不能在出口找到他 |
[16:13] | There. | 在这儿 |
[16:14] | 8:45. | 八点四十五 |
[16:16] | See him coming back out? | 看到他出来了吗 |
[16:18] | And he’s with somebody else. | 和另外一个人 |
[16:20] | Can’t see his face. | 看不到他的脸 |
[16:21] | Male, approximately six foot, | 男性 身高约一米八 |
[16:24] | blond hair, muscular build. | 金发 身材魁梧 |
[16:26] | Doesn’t look like our attorney. | 看起来不像是那个律师 |
[16:28] | But we’ve had no sign of him anywhere else. | 但我们没有在别处发现过他 |
[16:30] | Then who is this guy? | 那这个人是谁 |
[16:34] | His name is Andy Stein, | 他叫安迪·斯坦因 |
[16:36] | and he’s the founder of a company called Intellifund. | 是智汇基金的企业创始人 |
[16:38] | A venture capital firm. | 这是一家风险投资公司 |
[16:40] | Yeah, and after I unlocked the pass code to Justin’s phone, | 没错 我在给贾斯汀的手机解锁之后 |
[16:42] | I found Stein in the calendar. Now, get this. | 发现斯坦因在他的日程表里 还有 |
[16:45] | They were scheduled to meet at the Triborough Club | 他们要在晚上八点在三区夜总会见面 |
[16:48] | 8:00 p.M. The night he was killed. | 也就是案发当晚 |
[16:49] | Then he could know something about what happened to Justin. | 那他应该知道贾斯汀发生了什么 |
[16:51] | And based on what I learned about this guy, | 就我对这个人掌握的资料显示 |
[16:53] | that’s just the start of it. | 还远不止这些 |
[16:56] | You have an interest | 你对新兴科技产品 |
[16:57] | in new and developing technologies, Mr. Stein? | 很有兴趣吗 斯坦因先生 |
[17:00] | I do, indeed. | 是的 没错 |
[17:03] | We understand you were supposed to hear a pitch | 我们知道你是贾斯汀·范德海登 |
[17:04] | the night before last from Justin VanderHeyden. | 前天晚上准备争取的投资人 |
[17:08] | I meet with a lot of B.U.S. Graduates. | 我是见过很多布大的毕业生 |
[17:10] | Yeah, we’ve seen the list of civil complaints | 是啊 我们也找到了很多 |
[17:13] | from young innovators whose ideas you’ve already stolen. | 你盗用年轻发明家的创意的民事投诉 |
[17:17] | Or did you forget to mention to Justin | 你是不是忘记告诉贾斯汀 |
[17:19] | that you’re currently being indicted | 近来你因六起 |
[17:20] | on six counts of intellectual property theft? | 知识产权剽窃而被起诉了 |
[17:23] | I didn’t take anything from anybody. | 我没偷过任何人的创意 |
[17:27] | What about Justin’s life? | 那贾斯汀的性命呢 |
[17:31] | He was murdered a few hours after | 就在他和一个体貌特征与你 |
[17:33] | leaving the Triborough Club | 极为相似的人一起离开三区俱乐部 |
[17:35] | with a man who closely matches your description. | 几个小时以后 他死于谋杀 |
[17:38] | No, no, no, that’s not possible. | 不不 这不可能 |
[17:40] | You must’ve been awfully desperate | 想必你因为搞不到他的研究项目 |
[17:41] | to get your hands on whatever he was working on. | 而恼羞成怒了吧 |
[17:44] | N-No. No, you… you don’t understand. | 不是的 你不明白 |
[17:46] | That’s not possible, because I never actually met the kid. | 这不可能 因为我根本就没见过他 |
[17:49] | We have you on surveillance video | 我们从监控录像里 |
[17:50] | entering the Triborough Club… | 看到你八点五分的时候 |
[17:52] | 8:05 that night. | 进了俱乐部 |
[17:54] | Yes, that’s right, because I was there; he wasn’t. | 是的 我去了 但他没来 |
[17:59] | I sat around in that bar for the better part of an hour. | 我在吧台最好的位置上坐了一个小时 |
[18:02] | I even ordered myself some foo-foo watered-down drink. | 甚至只敢点一些该死的掺水饮料 |
[18:06] | This kid never showed up. | 那孩子根本没来 |
[18:10] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[18:12] | I left. | 我就走了 |
[18:14] | By myself. | 就我自己 |
[18:17] | I didn’t kill anybody. | 我没杀过人 |
[18:22] | What about Manny Hinde? | 那曼尼·海德呢 |
[18:24] | Danny find some way to connect him to Andy Stein? | 丹尼找到他和安迪·斯坦因之间的联系了吗 |
[18:26] | Not one. Plus, we still can’t prove | 没有 而且我们依然无法证明 |
[18:28] | it’s Stein in the video leaving that club with Justin. | 与贾斯汀一起离开的人是斯坦因 |
[18:32] | And once Flack went back to take another look, | 弗莱克回头再看录像时 |
[18:36] | we couldn’t see him exit at all. | 就根本找不到他了 |
[18:38] | So without some firm science, | 如果没有其他证据 |
[18:40] | we can’t put that guy at either crime scene. | 我们无法证明他出现在任何一个犯罪现场 |
[18:46] | I think I may have just figured out what | 我想我可能找到 |
[18:48] | Justin VanderHeyden was working on. | 贾斯汀·范德海登在研究的东西了 |
[18:49] | – What’s that? – Same thing that killed him. | -是什么 -正是杀害他的凶器 |
[18:58] | Justin VanderHeyden printed a gun. | 贾斯汀·范德海登打印了一把枪 |
[19:03] | – He what? – Yeah. | -你说什么 -你没听错 |
[19:04] | It’s called 3-D metal printing, | 这种技术叫做三维金属打印 |
[19:05] | and it works just like any ordinary printer, | 它的工作原理与平常的打印机别无二致 |
[19:08] | but instead of using ink to produce an image… | 只不过把平面成像的油墨 |
[19:10] | It uses powdered metals. | 换成了金属粉末 |
[19:11] | Yes. Mixed with steel epoxy resin | 没错 将环氧树脂与钢粉混合 |
[19:14] | to create multiple layers of a three-dimensional object. | 一层一层打印出立体实物 |
[19:17] | Okay, I’m not sure I even | 好吧 我还是 |
[19:18] | want to try to wrap my brain around that. | 听不懂其中门道 |
[19:20] | Think about it like this. | 就像这样 |
[19:22] | Little by little, | 一层叠一层 |
[19:24] | each layer is fused together… | 在激光热源的作用下 |
[19:28] | by a laser heat source | 彼此融化成一体 |
[19:29] | until the object is made whole. | 最终得到整个物体 |
[19:33] | 3-D printing’s already had revolutionary applications | 三维打印在汽车以及生物技术领域 |
[19:36] | in the automotive and biotech fields. | 已经有了革命性的运用 |
[19:38] | Yeah, you can print anything | 是的 你可以用它打印任何东西 |
[19:39] | from car parts to bone replacements. | 从汽车部件到骨移植材料 |
[19:41] | Yeah, okay, but a gun? | 枪也可以打印吗 |
[19:44] | How did he pull that off? | 要怎么做 |
[19:45] | I got to admit, it wasn’t easy. | 不得不说 绝非易事 |
[19:49] | I found a series of proprietary | 我在贾斯汀钥匙链上带的 |
[19:50] | algorithmic programming files backed up | 压缩优盘中找到 |
[19:53] | on the Zip drive that Justin kept on his key chain. | 一系列专利算法编程文件 |
[19:57] | Now, at first, | 开始 |
[19:58] | it just looked like a bunch of foreign language. | 我看它有如天书 |
[20:05] | Until I saw a few words that I recognized. | 后来我终于认出其中几个词 |
[20:09] | When I put all that information together, | 经过整合以后 |
[20:12] | along with the trace swabs and dust void measurements | 再加上贾斯汀工作室中 |
[20:15] | from Justin’s workshop, | 粉尘的成分和痕迹 |
[20:16] | I got a better idea of what he was up to. | 我就猜到他在做什么了 |
[20:20] | Once he designed the software to drive it, | 他设计了一个软件 |
[20:22] | the parts and supplies needed to print a gun | 网上和他的优盘里还有 |
[20:24] | were available online and at the local hardware store. | 枪支打印的模型和原料信息 |
[20:27] | All he had to do was hit Command-P, | 他只需点击打印开始 |
[20:29] | then sit back and watch. | 坐等成品即可 |
[20:40] | His printer was probably a little more homegrown than ours, | 他的打印机和我们的相比可能有点山寨 |
[20:42] | but the software that ran it | 但只需运行他的软件 |
[20:44] | gave us the same end result. | 就能得到相同的结果 |
[20:52] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 你一定是在开玩笑 |
[20:54] | I wish I was. | 我也希望如此 |
[20:56] | It’s your basic .38, | 基础版点三八手枪 |
[20:58] | printed whole, with all moving parts. | 一切只需打印 部件灵活 |
[21:03] | No markings, no serial numbers, | 没有标记 没有序列号 |
[21:05] | no barrel boring. | 更没有弹道痕迹 |
[21:06] | That explains the complete lack of ballistics. | 之前弹道资料的缺失就解释得通了 |
[21:09] | Guns are dangerous enough in the wrong hands. | 本来枪支落在坏人手上就很危险 |
[21:11] | Now we have to worry | 现在我们还得担心 |
[21:12] | about people being able to print them at home. | 他们在家就能打印出一把来 |
[21:14] | Without a permit. | 还不用许可 |
[21:15] | This is one I almost wish you hadn’t figured out. | 这个结果我真希望你没查出来 |
[21:20] | Well, you know what they say? | 有人说过 |
[21:21] | Every act of creation is an act of destruction. | 创造的每一步都伴随着毁灭 |
[21:24] | A printable gun definitely proves that theory. | 这种可以打印的枪彻底证明了这句话 |
[21:28] | But we still need to figure out | 但我们还得查出 |
[21:30] | who took two lives with one of them. | 是谁用它杀害了两条生命 |
[21:35] | …where sources tell us he is about | …据称他将揭晓 |
[21:37] | to reveal the identity of the Guardian Angel– | 守护天使的真实身份 |
[21:40] | the mysterious donor | 这位神秘的天使 |
[21:41] | who has given $1 million to ten random people. | 赠与十个随机的人每人一百万美元 |
[21:45] | Oh, and it looks like | 看来肯普先生 |
[21:46] | Mr. Kemp is making his way to the podium right now. | 马上要走上演讲台了 |
[21:51] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[21:53] | I know there’s been a lot of speculation swirling | 我知道最近关于守护天使的 |
[21:56] | about this Guardian Angel character. | 流言广为流传 |
[21:59] | And frankly, a lot of people familiar | 但坦白说 许多了解我博爱之心的人 |
[22:01] | with my philanthropic side have been asking if it’s me. | 都已经问过我是不是守护天使 |
[22:04] | So I thought it was time I gave you an answer to that. | 我想是时候给大伙一个答复了 |
[22:08] | Yes, I am the Guardian Angel. | 没错 守护天使就是我 |
[22:14] | The fact is, I take a lot of heat in this town, | 事实上 我的财富和工作 |
[22:17] | thanks to the properties I own and the plans I have, | 让我倍感压力 |
[22:20] | but I love New York. | 但我爱纽约 |
[22:23] | So, if I can make this kind of a difference in the lives | 所以 如果我可以给这十个人的生命 |
[22:25] | of ten average people, | 带来一点改变 |
[22:27] | Then hell, maybe I’m not such a bad guy after all. | 你会发现 其实我也许没那么坏 |
[22:33] | Oh, so that’s the Guardian Angel. | 原来他就是守护天使 |
[22:34] | So he says. | 他是这么说来着 |
[22:36] | Yeah, ten million bucks is chump change for that guy. | 一千万美元对他来说 是小意思 |
[22:38] | Yeah, right? He probably spends that on hair gel. | 对吗 他很可能用它随便买点发胶 |
[22:41] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[22:41] | Feels more like strategy to me than charity. | 这不像慈善 更像是计谋 |
[22:44] | You think? | 你真这么想的 |
[22:47] | These things are never how they look. | 整件事情没有看上去这么简单 |
[22:50] | Well, there you have it. | 现在你们知道了 |
[22:51] | The Guardian Angel has been revealed. | 守护天使身份真相大白了 |
[22:53] | Detective? | 警探 |
[22:54] | Let’s go back to David and Devon in the studio. | 让我们切回主持人戴维和德文吧 |
[22:56] | Great reporting. Such good news. | 报道太棒了 真是好消息 |
[22:58] | So, tell us, what’s it like down there? | 请说说 那边情况如何 |
[23:00] | Well, it’s very exciting down here. | 大家都很兴奋 |
[23:02] | Everyone thought it might be Kemp, | 大家都猜测是肯普 |
[23:04] | but no one really thought he was that generous. | 但是没人想到他竟然如此慷慨 |
[24:05] | Look familiar? | 眼熟吗 |
[24:07] | That’s part of what’s left | 那是我用打印出的 |
[24:08] | of the printed revolver I just | 左轮手枪对着弹道 |
[24:09] | test-fired in Ballistics. | 试射的残留物 |
[24:10] | And these are the metal fragments | 这些金属残片 |
[24:12] | I collected from Manny Hinde’s office. | 是我从办公室搜集的 |
[24:15] | They’re the same. | 它们完全相同 |
[24:19] | Lindsay, when did the gun fail? | 琳赛 枪是什么时候失灵的 |
[24:20] | On the second round. | 就在开第二枪的时候 |
[24:21] | Which is consistent | 恰好符合我 |
[24:22] | with my analysis | 对软金属和 |
[24:23] | of soft metal and epoxy construction. | 环氧结构所作的分析 |
[24:26] | Okay, the gun Justin made must have been a prototype. | 贾斯汀做的这把枪肯定是原型 |
[24:29] | It would have had to have been kiln-tempered | 它一定是在高温下 |
[24:30] | at high heat for a lengthy period | 被长时间烧制 |
[24:32] | before it would even have a chance | 直到它有可能 |
[24:34] | of being structurally sound enough to fire. | 在构造上能够真的开火 |
[24:36] | But our killer didn’t know that. | 但凶手不知道这点 |
[24:39] | We know the first round killed Justin on impact. | 我们知道第一枪打死了 |
[24:43] | The second round did more than just kill Manny Hinde | 第二枪不仅打死了曼尼·海德 |
[24:48] | It would have exploded and very likely injured the shooter. | 它可能爆炸了 伤到凶手自己 |
[24:52] | Reach out to every | 去查查镇上 |
[24:53] | E.R. In town, check reports | 所有急诊室 要留意 |
[24:55] | of anything that looks like a shrapnel injury. | 任何疑似弹片伤的报告 |
[24:57] | Got it. | 收到 |
[25:19] | Okay, will you let me know | 请问一下 |
[25:20] | if you see a patient with those kind of injuries? | 你有没有见过受这种伤的病人 |
[25:22] | Fantastic. Thanks a lot. Bye. | 太棒了 谢谢 再见 |
[25:24] | Hi, this is Detective Lindsay Messer | 我是琳赛·莫瑟警探 |
[25:26] | with the NYPD Crime Lab. | 来自纽约警察局犯罪实验室 |
[25:27] | Could I please speak to an emergency room physician? | 我可以找一下急诊室大夫吗 |
[25:56] | That was at about what time? | 当时大概几点 |
[26:01] | Okay, and were the injuries serious? | 他伤得重吗 |
[26:05] | And did he say how it happened? | 他有没有说是怎么受伤的 |
[26:07] | Okay, I’m gonna need that patient’s name. | 好的 请告诉我那位病人的名字 |
[26:15] | Boom. | 砰 |
[26:35] | Mac, we checked with 17 area hospitals. | 麦克 我们排查了17家当地医院 |
[26:37] | I think we finally got a lead on our perp. | 我们最后总算有线索了 |
[26:39] | Andy Lewis. | 安迪·路易斯 |
[26:41] | How does he do that? | 他怎么做到的的 |
[26:42] | Wasn’t our other suspect named Andy, too? | 另一名嫌犯不也叫安迪吗 |
[26:44] | Andy Stein, venture capitalist, | 那是安迪·斯坦因 是个风险投资家 |
[26:46] | but that shyster’s a saint compared to Andy Lewis. | 但比安迪·路易斯起他都能算圣人了 |
[26:49] | “B and E, burglary.” | 非法入室行窃 盗窃 |
[26:50] | Just finished a three-year stint | 因持致命武器伤人入狱 |
[26:52] | for assault with a deadly weapon. | 刚刚3年刑满释放 |
[26:53] | Well, looks like | 好吧 看来 |
[26:54] | a deadly weapon just assaulted him back. | 他被致命武器还击了 |
[26:55] | I checked with the E.R. Doctor. | 我找过急症室大夫了 |
[26:57] | He has first degree burns on his fingers, | 他的手指呈一级烧伤 |
[26:58] | multiple lacerations on his face. | 脸部则受到多重撕裂 |
[27:01] | Well, shouldn’t be hard to spot once we find him. | 那他现在应该很好找 |
[27:04] | We just did. | 我们刚找到 |
[27:48] | Andy Lewis, NYPD. | 安迪·路易斯 纽约警察局 |
[27:51] | Put your hands where I can see ’em. | 举起双手 |
[29:09] | Man, he looks tired, huh? | 他看起来很累 不是吗 |
[29:17] | You ever see the movie North by Northwest, Mr. Lewis? | 你看过《西北以北》这部电影吗 路易斯先生 |
[29:20] | I don’t get out much. | 我不怎么出门 |
[29:22] | I’m sure that’s true, | 这话我信 |
[29:23] | considering all the time you’ve spent in lockup. | 因为你大部分时间都呆在监狱 |
[29:25] | It was a great flick. | 那是一部伟大的电影 |
[29:27] | Cary Grant | 盖瑞·格兰特 |
[29:28] | plays an ad exec who gets mistaken for someone else, | 饰演一位广告经理 他被错认成别人 |
[29:30] | and it just completely turns his life upside down. | 从此他的生活天翻地覆 |
[29:35] | Kind of like | 有点像 |
[29:36] | Justin VanderHeyden. | 贾斯汀·范德海登的情况 |
[29:39] | Only his life was ended, | 不过他送掉了性命 |
[29:42] | and you’re the one that got mistaken. | 就因为你认错人 |
[29:44] | Justin had an 8:00 meeting | 贾斯汀8点在三区俱乐部 |
[29:45] | scheduled with a venture capitalist | 和一个风险资本家 |
[29:47] | at the Triborough Club. | 约好见面 |
[29:48] | He had a big idea that needed funding. | 他有个大计划 需要一笔资金 |
[29:51] | And he was certain that Andy Stein was the guy | 他有信心安迪·斯坦因会愿意 |
[29:53] | to make that happen. | 为他投资 |
[29:54] | Trouble is, Justin was excited, | 问题是 太兴奋了 |
[29:56] | so he got there a little earlier than he should have, | 所以他到得比约定时间要早 |
[29:58] | and Andy Stein hadn’t arrived yet. | 当时安迪·斯坦因还没到 |
[30:01] | But Andy Lewis had. | 可安迪·路易斯却来了 |
[30:08] | Andy? | 安迪 |
[30:10] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[30:11] | Hi. I’m Justin. | 我是贾斯汀 |
[30:12] | Um, it’s so nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[30:14] | And I know you’re a very busy man, | 我知道你是大忙人 |
[30:15] | but I think you’re really gonna like what I’ve come up with. | 但你一定会喜欢我带来的玩意儿 |
[30:18] | I’d like to introduce you to the printable gun. | 我隆重向你介绍 可打印枪 |
[30:22] | I had no freakin’ idea who he was. | 我根本不知道他是谁 |
[30:25] | No, you probably had | 不 你大概是 |
[30:26] | other things on your mind. | 脑子里在想着另一件事 |
[30:28] | Like the fact that Manny Hinde slept | 比如曼尼·海德和你老婆 |
[30:30] | with your wife Molly while you were in prison. | 趁你坐牢的时候偷情 |
[30:32] | How the hell do you know that? | 你他妈怎么知道的 |
[30:33] | Once we found out who you were, | 我们得知你身份时 |
[30:35] | your parole officer was happy to tell us who your wife is. | 你的假释官很乐意告诉我们你妻子的身份 |
[30:39] | Turns out that Molly had heard | 原来莫莉听过 |
[30:41] | one of Hinde’s radio commercials, | 海德的电台广告 |
[30:43] | and so, she went to him for one | 于是 你一进监狱 |
[30:44] | of those quickie divorces right after you got locked up. | 她就为了其中一则闪电离婚广告去找过他 |
[30:48] | But it turned out | 可结果 |
[30:48] | to be much more than just a quickie, didn’t it? | 远不止闪电离婚了 不是吗 |
[30:52] | Sleeping with a freakin’ attorney. | 和个人渣律师上床 |
[30:54] | I wanted to kill that bitch. | 我想杀了那个贱人 |
[30:56] | That might explains why | 这也许说明了为什么 |
[30:57] | we found your wife hiding in a hotel. | 我们会找到你藏身于酒店的妻子 |
[30:59] | She knew exactly how violent you were. | 她很清楚你有多残暴 |
[31:02] | I tried to calm down. | 我想平静下来 |
[31:04] | I even took myself out for a drink. | 甚至还去喝了酒 |
[31:07] | But I just sat in that bar getting more and more pissed | 我坐在酒吧却越来越怒上心头 |
[31:09] | Then opportunity suddenly presented itself. | 机会突然就送上门了 |
[31:13] | Think of what this kind of technology can mean | 想想这种科技对执法部门或是部队来说 |
[31:16] | to law enforcement or the military. | 意味着什么 |
[31:18] | Low-cost weapons can be printed whenever they’re needed | 无论何时 无论何地的选区或是连队 |
[31:21] | by precincts or platoons around the world. | 都能激光印制而成的低成本武器 |
[31:24] | Now, all I need is the funding | 现在万事俱备 只缺 |
[31:27] | to be able to continue my research, and then… | 让我继续研究下去的资金 然后 |
[31:28] | Kid… | 小子 |
[31:30] | I’m all in. | 我给你资金 |
[31:34] | Just do me a favor. | 只有一个条件 |
[31:35] | Yeah, what’s that? | 好 什么条件 |
[31:36] | Show me, don’t tell me. | 别光说 展示给我看 |
[31:55] | And it takes regular rounds? | 这枪只用普通的子弹 |
[31:59] | See for yourself. | 你试试 |
[32:09] | Be careful where you point that. | 小心枪走火 |
[32:12] | You’re telling me to be careful? | 你叫我小心 |
[32:14] | When you just gave a gold mine | 你刚刚已经把金矿 |
[32:16] | to the wrong guy. | 所托非人了 |
[32:17] | Wait, what are you talking about? | 慢着 你是什么意思 |
[32:24] | You’re a genius, kid. | 你是个天才 小子 |
[32:26] | For an idiot. | 蠢材 |
[32:28] | You killed an innocent young man | 你杀害了一个无辜的年轻人 |
[32:31] | and then stole his idea. | 窃取了他的创意 |
[32:32] | Then used it to kill someone else. | 还用来谋害他人 |
[32:38] | No… No! | 不 不要 |
[32:42] | But your plan kind of… | 不过你还 |
[32:43] | backfired on you, didn’t it? | 反遭其害 对吗 |
[32:46] | That stupid kid. | 那个傻小子 |
[32:49] | Half-assed gun. | 不伦不类的枪 |
[32:52] | That… cheating son of a bitch | 那个劈腿的败类 |
[32:55] | messing around with my wife. | 睡了我老婆 |
[32:58] | If you ask me… | 如果你问我 |
[33:01] | they both had it coming. | 他们都是该有此报 |
[33:04] | No, Mr. Lewis. | 话非如此 路易斯先生 |
[33:07] | But you certainly do. | 只有你才是 |
[33:13] | What do we do with Justin’s printer? | 贾斯汀的激光印制机我们该怎么处置 |
[33:15] | We’ll have it sent over to the Brooklyn University of Science | 路易斯定罪后我们就把它送去 |
[33:18] | after Lewis is convicted. | 布鲁克林科技大 |
[33:20] | And his software? | 他的软件呢 |
[33:21] | Good or bad, | 不管好坏 |
[33:24] | you can’t stop ideas. Sooner or later, | 创意是禁锢不了的 迟早 |
[33:25] | I’m sure that somebody else will figure out how to print a gun. | 肯定还有人会有办法印制出手枪 |
[33:29] | But until they do, | 不过在此之前 |
[33:31] | I think we should just keep that info to ourselves. | 我想我们还是先保密的好 |
[33:34] | Okay. Sounds like an excellent plan. | 没问题 看似是个好办法 |
[33:37] | Let me ask you a question– if you had | 问你一个问题 如果是你 |
[33:40] | a million dollars to spend, | 要花掉一百万美金 |
[33:41] | would you ever give your money to a total stranger? | 你会把钱交给一个素不相识的人吗 |
[33:43] | Don’t tell me you’re caught up | 别告诉我你迷上 |
[33:45] | in this whole Guardian Angel story. | 守护天使那件事了 |
[33:47] | Richard Kemp is about as see-through | 理查德·肯普不是 |
[33:49] | as the hot air coming out of his mouth. | 刚刚才亲口承认了 |
[33:51] | I know. But what if it’s not him? | 我知道 可假如不是他呢 |
[33:53] | Well, he’s certainly claiming otherwise. | 他可是信誓旦旦 |
[33:55] | What if he’s lying? | 如果他在撒谎呢 |
[33:56] | What if somebody else gave the money away? | 如果捐钱的另有其人 |
[33:57] | Then I’d expect that person to come forward, wouldn’t you? | 那就期待那个人自动现身 你说呢 |
[34:01] | Unless they’d rather remain anonymous. | 除非他们不想留名 |
[34:03] | Are you so suspicious anyway? | 你怎么这么怀疑 |
[34:05] | You got a bead on the real Guardian Angel? | 你有办法找到守护天使的真身 |
[34:07] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[34:09] | Well, you gonna tell me? | 那你想分享吗 |
[34:10] | Nope. | 不想 |
[34:32] | I’m impressed. | 真没想到 |
[34:33] | You got some pretty good skills. | 你球技还不赖 |
[34:34] | You got a nasty little serve yourself. | 你算是棋逢敌手 |
[34:37] | What do you say we take it up a notch? | 我们来点真格的怎么样 |
[34:39] | – All right, what do you got in mind? – Best two out of three. | -成 你想怎么来 -三局两胜 |
[34:42] | I’m in. | 来吧 |
[34:43] | Hold on, hold on, hold on. | 别急 等等 |
[34:44] | What does the winner get? | 赢家有什么好处 |
[34:47] | Whatever the winner wants. | 赢了想怎么样都行 |
[34:49] | Ooh, I can tell | 看来 |
[34:50] | this is gonna get ugly. | 有人要惨了哦 |
[35:00] | Did I tell you that was good time? | 我跟你说刚才很开心了吗 |
[35:02] | You did. | 你说了 |
[35:04] | And I didn’t believe you. | 不过我不信你 |
[35:08] | But it was a really nice time. | 但是刚才真的很开心 |
[35:32] | Just collecting my winnings. | 缴获战利品 |
[35:35] | So… | 那 |
[35:38] | we done playing Ping-Pong? | 我们打完乒乓球了 |
[35:40] | Yeah, we’re done playing Ping-Pong. | 对 我们打完乒乓球了 |
[36:12] | Hey, Sid. | 希德 |
[36:13] | Jo, what are you doing down here so late? | 乔 这么晚你还来这儿干什么 |
[36:16] | Just came by to chitchat for a few minutes. | 只是过来聊两句 |
[36:17] | I’m so fascinated | 我对新闻上 |
[36:19] | by this whole Guardian Angel story in the news. | 那则守护天使的故事很着迷 |
[36:21] | Really? | 是吗 |
[36:22] | I’ve been trying to avoid it. Uh… | 我还尽量不看呢 |
[36:24] | Do you remember Mauricio Flores? | 你还记得马里西奥·弗洛雷斯吗 |
[36:26] | No. | 不记得了 |
[36:27] | Should I? | 我该记得吗 |
[36:29] | Well, I recognized his name right off the bat | 看到他的名字我马上就想起了 |
[36:31] | from a case we worked on together | 几年前我们合作过的 |
[36:33] | a couple years ago. | 一件案子 |
[36:34] | His mother was killed in the projects. | 他母亲在某个工程中被杀 |
[36:36] | And all those other people. | 还有其他那些人 |
[36:38] | Carolyn Sutton, lost her husband in a home invasion. | 卡洛琳·萨顿 丈夫被入室行窃者害死了 |
[36:42] | Kevin and Rachel Carpenter. | 凯文和蕾切尔·卡朋特 |
[36:44] | She lost her dad in a hit-and-run. | 女方的父亲被肇事逃逸者撞死了 |
[36:46] | And the traffic cop, Rhonda Reynolds, | 还有那位交警 荣达·雷诺兹 |
[36:48] | buried her teenage son after a drive-by. | 她未成年的儿子被飞车歹徒枪杀了 |
[36:50] | You know what’s fascinating about all these | 你知道最有意思的是什么吗 |
[36:52] | is that they’re all connected by crime. | 他们都是案件当事人 |
[36:55] | Now that you mention it, I guess it is. | 你这么一说 好像确实如此 |
[37:03] | And you know what really gets me | 你知道我最终是怎么搞明白的吗 |
[37:06] | is that all the employees at NYPD | 纽约警局的所有员工 |
[37:09] | have their fingerprints on file in AFIS, | 都在AFIS中录入了指纹 |
[37:12] | Sid. | 希德 |
[37:13] | Yeah. | 怎么了 |
[37:15] | Or should I call you the Guardian Angel? | 还是该称你为守护天使 |
[37:29] | I should’ve worn gloves, | 早知道就戴手套了 |
[37:32] | but I didn’t exactly think I was committing a crime. | 不过我没觉得自己这是犯罪啊 |
[37:34] | Well, you weren’t. | 确实不是 |
[37:35] | Still, I couldn’t help trying to figure out | 我就是忍不住想搞清楚 |
[37:36] | why you would be giving $10 million | 你为什么要从辛苦挣来的专利费里 |
[37:39] | of your hard earned patent money to complete and total strangers. | 拿出一千万给彻头彻尾的陌生人 |
[37:43] | Until I realized that all these people | 直到我意识到所有这些人 |
[37:46] | had lost someone they loved. | 都失去了他们的挚爱 我才明白 |
[37:48] | Somebody whose autopsies were on your table. | 他们爱的人都是你解剖的 |
[37:53] | What are you, a detective or something? | 你是哪路神探啊 |
[37:57] | These ten cases, they really stuck with me, Jo, | 对这十个案子 我就是无法释怀 乔 |
[38:00] | I mean, because their losses only got worse. | 他们的生活每况愈下 |
[38:07] | They-they got pink-slipped | 不是丢了饭碗 |
[38:10] | or hit with back taxes | 就是拖欠税款 |
[38:12] | or had to drop out of school. | 要不就是辍了学 |
[38:15] | I just wanted to try and repair some of the damage, you know? | 我只是想帮着他们弥补点儿损失 |
[38:21] | ‘Cause, I mean, let’s face it. | 因为说实话 |
[38:23] | That’s something people in our business rarely get to do. | 干我们这一行的 很少人会这样做 |
[38:27] | So I decided to hand-deliver those checks | 所以我决定亲手把支票送去 |
[38:30] | because I wanted to personally hand someone hope. | 因为我想亲手撒播希望 |
[38:36] | Some kind of joy. | 撒播欢乐 |
[38:39] | Of course, we all deserve that, | 当然 我们都应该拥有这些 |
[38:41] | but trust me, Jo, these folks deserved it so much more. | 不过相信我 乔 那些人更需要它们 |
[38:47] | A million dollars? | 一百万 |
[38:49] | Are you kidding me? | 真的假的 |
[38:51] | Oh, my God, oh, my God. | 我的天呐 我的天呐 |
[38:53] | And you know what, more than anything else, | 你知道吗 我最想做的 |
[38:56] | I wanted to reassure those people | 是让这些人相信 |
[38:58] | that somebody out there still understands | 还有人在关注他们 |
[39:03] | there’s always more than one victim in a crime. | 他们也是案件的受害人 |
[39:10] | Sid, I can’t imagine | 希德 无法想象 |
[39:12] | how you’ve changed these people’s lives. | 你会给这些人的生活带来多大的改变 |
[39:15] | Well… | 这个吗 |
[39:16] | But do you really want to give away all your money? | 可你真想把钱全捐出去吗 |
[39:20] | Well, it’s like they always say, you can’t take it with you. | 俗话不是说 生不带来 死不带去吗 |
[39:25] | What, are you going somewhere? | 什么意思 你是要走了吗 |
[39:36] | Jo, you were the first person | 乔 你是第一个知道 |
[39:37] | I confided in when I became a millionaire. | 我赚了大钱的人 |
[39:40] | So now, uh, can I ask you to be my confidant again? | 那我现在再跟你说个秘密 好吗 |
[39:46] | Of course. | 当然 |
[39:48] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[39:56] | I’ve been diagnosed with cancer. | 我被诊断出得了癌症 |
[40:05] | Yeah, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, to be exact. | 确切的说是淋巴瘤 |
[40:08] | Uh… I’m still doing a bunch of tests, | 我还在做一系列检查 |
[40:10] | trying to figure out how far it may have spread. | 看看扩散到什么程度了 |
[40:17] | I’ve known for a while, | 我知道这情况已经有一阵了 |
[40:18] | but it’s just easier… never mind. | 不过不说会更好 说就说吧 |
[40:23] | Sid. | 希德 |
[40:26] | What’s the prognosis? | 预后如何 |
[40:28] | Oh, uh, you know doctors. | 你也知道那些医生 |
[40:31] | They’ve all got their opinion. | 各有各的说法 |
[40:34] | But, uh, you know, we’ve all got an expiration date, right? | 不过人总有一死 对吧 |
[40:38] | Whether it’s tomorrow or ten years from now. | 不管是明天 还是十年后 |
[40:43] | It’s what we do before then that matters. | 活着的时候做了什么才最重要 |
[40:47] | That’s why I gave the money to those people, Jo. | 所以我才把钱给了那些人 乔 |
[40:52] | I mean, most of us aren’t around to see what happens | 我们大多看不到自己留下的遗产 |
[40:57] | to the inheritance that we leave behind. | 最后会如何 |
[41:00] | I want to know what kind of difference I’ve made. | 我想看看自己能成就些什么 |
[41:05] | Sid, you have no idea. | 希德 你想都想不到 |
[41:14] | You… | 你 |
[41:17] | All right. | 好吧 |
[41:20] | Are you in any pain? | 痛不痛 |
[41:25] | Not really. | 不怎么痛 |
[41:28] | But if there comes a time when I can’t do my job, | 不过到我干不了这活儿的时候 |
[41:34] | I won’t hesitate to step aside. | 我会立刻让贤的 |
[41:39] | Just please, please let it be on my own terms. | 只是拜托你 一切让我自己决定 |
[41:45] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[41:48] | Promise me you’re not telling me good-bye. | 答应我 不要跟我说再见 |
[41:52] | No. | 哪会啊 |
[41:54] | Are you kidding me? | 开玩笑 |
[41:55] | I’ve got way too much work to do. | 我的活儿多了去了 |
[41:59] | No, this is only… | 不说再见 只是说声 |
[42:01] | good night. | 晚安 |
[42:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |