时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | You never reported her missing. | 你从来没有报过走失 |
[00:07] | My sister had a habit of… disappearing. | 我妹妹习惯性…消失 |
[00:11] | We’re gonna do everything | 我们会尽全力 |
[00:12] | – we can to find her killer. – Damn right you are. | -查出真凶 -我再相信不过 |
[00:14] | Is that from Roni Parker’s grave? | 那是在埋罗妮·帕克的埋葬地找到的吗 |
[00:16] | Cases involving a colleague are always tough, | 和同事相关的案件总是让人很难办 |
[00:18] | but this one… | 但这次 |
[00:18] | Chief Carver being so on top of it… | 和卡夫局长有关 真是前所未有的难办 |
[00:22] | Well, his sister was killed and buried in the park, | 他妹妹被杀害并埋葬于公园 |
[00:25] | and somebody’s digging her up after all these years. | 多年之后 却有人将她挖出来 |
[00:28] | I think I’d be all over it, too. | 换做是我也会密切关注的 |
[00:30] | This could be our killer. | 窃贼很可能就是凶手 |
[00:31] | How do you figure? | 你怎么知道 |
[00:32] | Most thieves steal an identity | 多数身份窃贼会 |
[00:34] | for days, maybe weeks. But years? | 保留数日或数周 但数年 |
[00:36] | They took over Roni Parker’s life | 他们窃取了罗妮·帕克的身份 |
[00:38] | because they knew she was dead. | 因为他们知道她已不在人世 |
[00:41] | This is who stole my sister’s identity. | 就是她窃取了我妹妹的身份 |
[02:05] | Please! | 不要 |
[02:07] | I’m so sorry! You don’t have to do this. | 我很抱歉 你用不着这样 |
[02:09] | I’m so sorry. Please don’t hurt me. | 真的很抱歉 不要伤害我 |
[02:18] | No… | 不 |
[02:31] | No! | 不 |
[03:31] | It’s definitely her. | 毫无疑问 就是她 |
[03:34] | Oh, my goodness! That beating speaks to pure rage. | 天哪 凶手肯定是恨透了她才会把她打成这样 |
[03:40] | Wasn’t the beating that killed her. | 殴打不是致死原因 |
[03:42] | Shot in the heart. Someone making | 子弹直射心脏 凶手是在 |
[03:45] | an emotional statement? | 向全世界宣告他的愤怒吗 |
[03:49] | This was no boy scout. | 这是老手所为 |
[03:51] | Somebody tried to weigh her down, the knot came undone. | 凶手想让她沉入水底 但绳结松开了 |
[03:54] | Harbor says they got the call around dawn. | 港口管理处称他们在黎明时分接到报警 |
[03:57] | Couple of fishermen spotted her. | 几个渔民发现了她 |
[04:02] | No particular hemorrhaging. | 眼内没有出血点 |
[04:05] | She hasn’t been in the water long. | 她才被抛入水中不久 |
[04:07] | Maybe a couple hours. | 也就几个小时吧 |
[04:10] | Well, it was a slack tide till about a half hour ago. | 半小时之前才退潮 |
[04:13] | Probably didn’t travel far. | 可能是从不远处漂过来的 |
[04:16] | Still wearing her night clothes, so wherever she was laying | 还穿着睡衣 所以她的住处 |
[04:18] | her head is probably where she was killed. | 应该就是案发现场 |
[04:20] | I got my guys calling hotels | 我已经让我手下的人去 |
[04:22] | and motels in the area for anyone who checked in | 排查过去24小时之内在本区 |
[04:25] | in the last 24 hours, paying cash. | 用现金登记入住旅馆的所有人 |
[04:28] | You all right, Chief? | 你还好吗 局长 |
[04:29] | Yes. | 还好 |
[04:31] | Just wasn’t expecting this. | 只是没有料到她会被杀害 |
[04:34] | Hope that she’d have some answers | 原指望她还能告诉我一点 |
[04:35] | to my sister Roni’s murder. | 关于我妹妹罗妮死因的线索 |
[04:36] | This vic spent years living as your sister. | 受害者用你妹妹的身份生活了好多年 |
[04:38] | So until we know her true identity, | 所以除非我们能找出她的真实身份 |
[04:39] | there’ll be more questions than answers. | 否则只会疑点比线索多 |
[04:41] | Probably ran back to the city | 或许在城里 |
[04:43] | to find someone she trusted; someone from her past. | 能找到知晓死者过往 得她信任的人 |
[04:45] | Somebody who wasn’t very happy to see her. | 还有不愿意见到她的人 |
[04:48] | Water probably washed away any hope | 海水可能已经冲走了 |
[04:49] | we had of finding out who did this. | 所有破案的希望 |
[04:52] | Not all hope. | 也不尽然 |
[04:57] | The killer left something behind. | 凶手还是留下了点痕迹的 |
[07:51] | What’s so urgent you couldn’t tell me over the phone? | 是什么十万火急的事情 不能在电话里说 |
[07:59] | I have to believe you’d be smart enough | 我觉得你应该不会蠢到 |
[08:01] | not to use your own gun. | 用自己的枪杀人吧 |
[08:03] | Watch yourself, Mac! | 你这话说的 麦克 |
[08:05] | You can’t honestly believe I killed that woman. | 你不能单凭这个就认定我是凶手啊 |
[08:07] | What I believe is that Sid Hammerback just pulled | 我认定的是希德·哈默贝克 |
[08:09] | a slug from her body that came from a gun | 刚从死者体内取出一枚子弹 |
[08:11] | registered to you. | 而它来自于注册于你名下的警枪 |
[08:13] | I lost that gun years ago. | 那把枪我老早就找不到了 |
[08:15] | And you never bothered to report it? | 你就从来没想过要报失吗 |
[08:18] | And you just lost that one, | 你怎么恰好就丢了一把 |
[08:19] | not the two service weapons you own? | 而不是两把注册枪支 |
[08:21] | I don’t expect you to believe me, | 我不指望你信我 |
[08:22] | but yes, just that gun. | 但的确 仅此一把 |
[08:23] | Just help me out here, Ted. | 那你来帮我理理头绪 泰德 |
[08:25] | Tell me why I shouldn’t believe you killed | 为什么我应该相信你不是 |
[08:27] | the only suspect in your sister’s murder? | 杀害了你妹妹的唯一嫌疑人呢 |
[08:30] | Can we go for a ride? I want to show you something. | 跟我上车吧 有点东西想给你看看 |
[08:46] | All right, so what are we looking at? | 好了 这有什么特别 |
[08:49] | Well, my sister lived with her three kids when she disappeared. | 我妹妹失踪之前与她三个孩子同住 |
[08:51] | Drug addicts, prostitutes. | 这里有嗑药的 卖淫的 |
[08:54] | My sister was one of them. | 而我妹妹就是其中之一 |
[08:56] | Worst of all, though, she was a horrible mother. | 最糟糕的是 她是个完全不称职的母亲 |
[09:01] | If you’d have asked me back then if I had a sister, | 如果时间回到当初 你问我有没有妹妹 |
[09:04] | I would have told you she was dead. | 我仍旧会回答你 她已经死了 |
[09:08] | When was the last time you saw her? | 你最后一次见她是什么时候 |
[09:11] | Came home one night. | 有一天晚上我到家之后 |
[09:12] | She was waiting outside my apartment, strung-out, | 她等在我家门口 精神恍惚 |
[09:14] | hungry, looking for money. I let her in. | 饥寒交迫 朝我要钱 我让她进来 |
[09:16] | Gave her something to eat. It’s the only time I can think of | 给了她点吃的 我左思右想 |
[09:18] | that she had an opportunity to take the gun. | 也只有在那时 她才能趁机偷走我的枪 |
[09:21] | That was 15 years ago. Why didn’t you report it stolen? | 都15年了 你为什么不报失 |
[09:25] | Couple of months before I even realized the gun was gone. | 几个月之前我才意识到枪丢了 |
[09:28] | By that time I had the kids. | 但那时我已经和孩子们在一起生活了 |
[09:30] | Things were good. | 一帆风顺 |
[09:32] | They were thriving. I didn’t want her to come back. | 他们茁壮成长 我不想再让她回来 |
[09:35] | And if you reported it, someone might go looking for her. | 如果你报失 就会有人寻找她的下落 |
[09:38] | I figured, one day, | 我想过 也许有一天 |
[09:40] | she and the gun would show up. | 她和枪会再度现身 |
[09:42] | I’d deal with it then. | 到时候再说吧 |
[09:46] | Mac, listen, I promise you | 听着 麦克 我发誓 |
[09:47] | I had nothing to do with that woman’s murder. | 我与那个女人的死毫无关系 |
[11:30] | Mac? Okay, our victim was using | 麦克 受害者曾靠盗用 |
[11:32] | Roni Parker’s identity to hide from a man | 罗妮·帕克的身份来躲避一个男人 |
[11:34] | with a history of domestic violence. | 而这男人有家庭暴力史 |
[11:36] | Her real name is Marcella Gomez. | 死者真名叫玛塞拉·戈麦斯 |
[11:39] | She came to New York 15 years ago | 15年前 她持K-1签证 |
[11:41] | on a K-1 Visa from Colombia. | 从哥伦比亚来到纽约 |
[11:42] | She filed for what’s called a | 她的个人档案显示 她是通过 |
[11:44] | “Petition for Alien Fiance”. | “外籍未婚人员入籍申请”来到美国的 |
[11:46] | That gentleman, Mitch Barrett, is listed as her future husband. | 米奇·巴瑞特就是她资料上所登记的未婚夫 |
[11:49] | An immigration marriage scam. | 婚姻移民诈骗 |
[11:52] | Barrett pays for the privilege of marrying Marcella. | 巴瑞特花钱和玛塞拉结婚 |
[11:54] | She gets to stay in the country. | 而她 则获得了永久居留权 |
[11:56] | I’m sure she was just a poor, | 我相信 她只是一个贫穷 孤单 |
[11:58] | lonely, desperate woman | 并且绝望的女人 |
[11:58] | hoping to find a better life. | 只是想要得到更好的生活 |
[12:01] | And instead she found herself being used | 没想到 她自己反倒 |
[12:02] | as Barrett’s personal punching bag with benefits. | 被巴瑞特当成了有额外”福利”的泄愤沙袋 |
[12:07] | Mitch Barrett! NYPD. | 米奇·巴瑞特 纽约警察 |
[12:10] | Who?! | 谁 |
[12:11] | NYPD. We need to talk to Mitch Barrett. | 纽约警察 我们要和米奇·巴瑞特谈谈 |
[12:24] | You got a warrant? | 你们有搜查令吗 |
[12:26] | If I had a warrant, | 如果我有搜查令 |
[12:28] | you would be face down on the ground in handcuffs | 你小子早就被铐起来 |
[12:30] | sucking in dust balls, and we wouldn’t be | 头朝下吃灰了 我们也不用 |
[12:32] | having this conversation through the door. | 隔着门跟你说这半天废话了 |
[12:34] | I don’t think so. | 那可不一定 |
[12:36] | You don’t think so, what? | 不一定什么 |
[12:42] | Hey, look, Mitch, it could be nothing. | 听着 米奇 没事的 |
[12:45] | We just want to ask you a couple questions | 我们就是想问你几个有关 |
[12:47] | about a girl you might know. | 你认识的一个姑娘的问题 |
[12:49] | Whoa! Shots fired! | 嫌疑人开枪了 |
[12:50] | Central, we have shots fired at 1754 Albemarle Road, | 指挥中心 雅宝路1754号 |
[12:53] | 3rd floor. | 三楼发生交火 |
[12:54] | – You guys okay? – Yeah, we’re good. | -你们没事吧 -嗯 没事 |
[12:56] | We’re good, we’re good. | 没事 没事 |
[12:57] | Come on in. It’s open. | 赶紧进来啊 门没锁 |
[13:00] | On three. | 数到三 |
[13:04] | One… | 一 |
[13:06] | two… | 二 |
[13:10] | Down on the ground. Now. | 趴到地上 快点 |
[13:14] | Do it! | 快点 |
[13:15] | Or what? | 不然呢 |
[13:17] | You gonna shoot an unarmed man? | 你们要朝一个手无寸铁的人开枪吗 |
[13:19] | Get down on the ground and face the floor. Now! | 脸朝下趴到地上 快点 |
[13:22] | No. You want to put those cuffs on me? | 不要 你要把我铐起来吗 |
[13:25] | You need to come and get me. | 那就先过来抓我啊 |
[13:28] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[13:30] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[13:36] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[14:26] | Yo, Adrian! | 大块头 |
[14:30] | How are you liking your new accessories? They fit? | 喜欢你的新手链吗 戴着合适吗 |
[14:34] | How’d you know I killed Marcella? | 你们怎么知道是我杀了玛塞拉 |
[14:36] | Be honest with you? | 想听实话吗 |
[14:37] | We were a little iffy | 我们一开始还不确定 |
[14:39] | until you started shooting at us through the door. | 直到你隔着门朝我们开枪我们才确定是你 |
[14:40] | Actually, the reflective paint | 实际上 你还记得你在开枪杀她之前 |
[14:42] | that you left behind after you stomped her half to death. | 把她踹的半死时 |
[14:45] | You know, just before you shot her? | 掉在她身上的反光漆吗 |
[14:47] | You’re the only guy on three road crews | 你是过去几天内三个重刷道路标示线 |
[14:48] | repainting lines the last couple days who has | 施工队里唯一一个 |
[14:50] | a rap sheet says he likes to beat women. | 有打女人犯罪记录的人 |
[14:57] | Why’d you kill her? | 你为什么要杀她 |
[14:58] | That was just me keeping a promise. | 我只是信守承诺而已 |
[15:00] | Keeping a promise? | 信守承诺 |
[15:01] | You had a promise? Promise to who? | 承诺 对谁的承诺 |
[15:03] | I told her… | 我告诉过她 |
[15:06] | “If you ever try to run away from me, I’ll kill you”. | “如果你胆敢从我身边逃跑 我会杀了你” |
[15:10] | Took 15 years, but here we are. | 我花了十五年才完成这件事 |
[15:13] | I can’t imagine why she got cold feet. | 不难想象她为什么会怕你 |
[15:16] | Look, when I met her, | 我认识她的时候 |
[15:19] | she had nothing. | 她一无所有 |
[15:20] | I gave her a place to stay. | 我给她地方住 |
[15:21] | I put clothes on her back, food in her mouth, | 给她衣服穿 给她饭吃 |
[15:25] | and she runs away?! Huh? | 结果她却跑了 |
[15:27] | That’s how she repays me?! | 她就这样报答我吗 |
[15:28] | Settle down, Mother Theresa. | 冷静点 特雷莎修女[施舍穷人著称] |
[15:32] | How’d you know that she was at the, uh, | 你怎么知道她在那个 |
[15:34] | not so Grand Parker Hotel? | 不怎么样的格兰德帕克酒店 |
[15:37] | Same way you know things. | 就跟你们一样 |
[15:39] | A little…bird whispered in my ear. | 有个线人…偷偷告诉我的 |
[15:42] | Oh yeah? | 是吗 |
[15:44] | A little bird also give you a gun? | 线人还给了你把枪 |
[15:46] | She had the gun. | 枪是她的 |
[15:51] | I’m so sorry! You don’t have to do this! | 我很抱歉 你用不着这样 |
[15:54] | She had the gun? | 枪是她的吗 |
[15:56] | That’s what you’re going with? | 你就编了这么个故事吗 |
[15:58] | That ain’t what I’m going with. It’s the truth. | 这不是故事 这是事实 |
[16:02] | I don’t need no guns. | 我才不需要枪呢 |
[16:05] | I went there to give her an old-fashioned beating with my fists. | 我是去用拳头解决问题的 |
[16:08] | The gun was just the icing on the cake. | 枪只是额外的装饰而已 |
[17:02] | When Flack and his people got to the hotel room | 当弗莱克和他的人到了巴瑞特 |
[17:04] | where Barrett killed Marcella, | 杀害玛塞拉的酒店房间时 |
[17:06] | her bag had been turned upside down | 她的包已经被翻了个底朝天 |
[17:08] | and everything dumped out. | 所有东西都在地上 |
[17:09] | At first we thought Barrett was looking for money, | 开始我们以为巴瑞特是在找钱 |
[17:12] | but his prints weren’t on any of her stuff. | 但是她的东西上没有他的指纹 |
[17:14] | So Marcella was searching for something in that bag | 那么说玛塞拉被杀前 |
[17:16] | right before she was killed. | 在她包里翻东西的就是她自己 |
[17:17] | Probably Carver’s gun. | 也许是在找卡夫的枪 |
[17:19] | I recovered two sets of overlapping prints on the weapon. | 我在枪上找到了两组重叠的指纹 |
[17:22] | Barrett’s prints were on top of Marcella’s. | 巴瑞特的指纹重叠在玛塞拉指纹的上面 |
[17:24] | Okay, then Barrett’s telling the truth | 好吧 那么巴瑞特说的是实话 |
[17:25] | about Marcella having the gun. | 枪的确是玛塞拉的 |
[17:27] | But where did she get it? | 但她的枪是哪来的呢 |
[17:28] | Probably the same place she got her identity. | 也许跟她的身份一样 |
[17:29] | She stole it. | 是偷来的 |
[17:31] | No. This wasn’t your standard case of identity theft. | 不 这不是一般的身份盗窃案 |
[17:34] | She didn’t just steal some credit cards | 她不只是偷了几张信用卡 |
[17:36] | and run up some charges. | 然后刷了几笔钱来消费 |
[17:37] | Marcella assumed Roni’s identity. | 玛塞拉完全盗用了罗妮的身份 |
[17:40] | She had to know Roni was dead. | 她一定是知道罗妮已经死了 |
[17:42] | Otherwise, she would have been taking | 不然的话 |
[17:43] | a big chance in getting caught. | 她很有可能被抓 |
[17:45] | So Marcella killed chief Carver’s sister Roni. | 所以玛塞拉杀了卡夫局长的妹妹罗妮 |
[17:47] | No. There’s no way. | 不 不可能 |
[17:49] | His sister Roni was bludgeoned and stabbed to death | 他妹妹罗妮是被乱棒击打和乱刀捅死的 |
[17:51] | in a very up-close and personal way. | 这是私人恩怨 |
[17:53] | Marcella doesn’t feel like a killer. | 玛塞拉不像是个凶手 |
[17:55] | She’s just a frightened, battered woman | 她只是个从暴力男人身边逃跑的 |
[17:56] | running from an abusive man. | 充满恐惧的受虐女人而已 |
[17:57] | Well, if you are right, | 如果你是对的 |
[17:59] | then who killed Chief Carver’s sister? | 那么是谁杀了卡夫局长的妹妹呢 |
[18:10] | Carver’s lying. | 卡夫在撒谎 |
[18:11] | Lying is not a crime. | 撒谎不是犯罪 |
[18:13] | Murder is. | 杀人就是 |
[18:14] | Do you really think that Chief Carver killed his sister? | 你真的认为是卡夫局长杀了他自己的妹妹吗 |
[18:17] | I think he had something to do with it. | 我认为他与此事有关 |
[18:19] | At the very least, I think he knows more than he’s saying. | 至少 他有所隐瞒 |
[18:22] | Okay, if you go up there making accusations like that, | 好吧 你就这么去指控他 |
[18:23] | and you’re wrong, there’s serious consequences. | 如果你错了 后果会很严重的 |
[18:26] | I can handle the consequences. I want the truth. | 我可以承受后果 我想要真相 |
[18:28] | Please don’t get on that elevator | 你先听我说完 |
[18:30] | without hearing me out. | 再上电梯 |
[18:32] | I think you’re letting your emotion | 我认为你的个人情绪 |
[18:33] | cloud your judgment. | 影响了你的判断 |
[18:35] | My judgment has never been better. | 我的判断能力比任何时候都好 |
[18:37] | There’s too many things that don’t make sense. | 有很多事都说不通 |
[18:40] | A cop doesn’t lose his gun and not report it. | 一个警察不可能丢了枪却不上报 |
[18:44] | There’s no way that Carver goes to sleep every night | 他不可能明知他的枪在别人手里 |
[18:46] | knowing his gun’s still out there. | 还能每晚安枕无忧 |
[18:47] | Until this moment, you seemed to buy it. | 在这之前 你似乎都相信啊 |
[18:49] | I wanted to buy it. | 我想要相信 |
[18:51] | I wanted to buy that Ted Carver was a good man, | 我想要相信泰德·卡夫是个好人 |
[18:53] | and didn’t look me in the eye and lie to me. | 他没有对我睁着眼说瞎话 |
[18:54] | What if you’re possibly wrong? | 要是你错了呢 |
[18:56] | Carver takes the kids, | 卡夫带走了孩子们 |
[18:58] | never reports his sister missing. | 从未报告过他妹妹的失踪 |
[19:01] | All these years, Marcella somehow knew that no detective | 而这么多年来 玛塞拉恰好就知道 |
[19:04] | would come knocking on her door, looking for Roni Parker? | 没有警察会上门来找找罗妮·帕克 |
[19:06] | How would she know that? | 她怎么会这么肯定 |
[19:07] | These are good questions that have to be answered. | 这些问题的确需要答案 |
[19:09] | Here’s another question. | 还有一个问题 |
[19:11] | Why wasn’t Marcella at her apartment | 我们拿着搜查令去玛塞拉家时 |
[19:12] | when we came knocking with a warrant? | 为什么她正好就不在家呢 |
[19:15] | He tipped her off that we were coming, and she ran… | 他肯定给她通风报信了 所以她就跑了 |
[19:18] | right into the fists of Mitch Barrett. | 却撞上了米奇·巴瑞特的铁拳 |
[19:21] | Mac, we are talking about the Chief of Manhattan Detectives. | 麦克 我们说的是所有曼哈顿探员的头 |
[19:25] | He’s no different than anyone else. | 他跟常人没有什么不同 |
[19:26] | Yes, he is. He’s the chief! | 当然不同 他可是局长 |
[19:28] | And because he’s the chief, we need more than this, | 就因为他是局长 我们才需要更多证据 |
[19:30] | and you know it. | 你也清楚这点 |
[19:34] | Just give me a little time, Mac. | 再给我点时间 麦克 |
[19:38] | I saw the way he looked at her on that dock, Jo. | 我看到他在码头看她尸体时的表情了 乔 |
[19:43] | He knows who Marcella Gomez is. | 他认识玛塞拉·戈麦斯 |
[19:46] | And he knows who stabbed Roni Parker to death. | 而且他知道是谁谋杀了罗妮·帕克 |
[20:00] | All right, I need to know where we are and what we know. | 好吧 说一下我们的进度和结果吧 |
[20:03] | If there’s a connection between Roni Parker and Marcella Gomez, | 罗妮·帕克和玛塞拉·戈麦斯之间 |
[20:06] | other than the gun and the ID, I can’t find it. | 除了枪和身份证 我没找到其他联系 |
[20:08] | There doesn’t seem to be any motive | 就玛塞拉来说 |
[20:09] | for Marcella to kill Roni Parker. | 她没有杀死罗妮·帕克的动机 |
[20:11] | Any link between Marcella and Chief Carver? | 玛塞拉和卡夫局长之间有没有任何联系 |
[20:13] | We know Marcella lived in Carver’s precinct, | 我们知道她来这里之后就住在 |
[20:15] | when she arrived in the country. That’s about it. | 卡夫的辖区 就这样 |
[20:17] | There’s nothing on paper to connect them. | 也没有任何书面材料把他们俩联系在一起 |
[20:19] | No complaint reports; she was never arrested. | 没有投诉 她也没有被逮捕过 |
[20:20] | Anything new with the evidence? | 证据调查有没有新发现 |
[20:23] | Yes, the high cell content | 有的 土中高浓度的细胞物质 |
[20:24] | in the soil preserved Roni’s body. | 将罗妮的尸体保存得很好 |
[20:26] | It also prohibited the microbes from corrupting | 同时也抑制了微生物腐蚀 |
[20:29] | the DNA on the gum that was found in the grave. | 在埋尸地点找到的口香糖里的DNA |
[20:31] | I was able to extract and amplify | 我还提取并分析 |
[20:34] | a usable profile, but the bad news is… | 可以用以测试的部分 但是坏消息是 |
[20:35] | there’s no hits in CODIS. | 在指纹联合识别系统里没找到相配的 |
[20:38] | Now, this jacket was used to cloak | 这件夹克在罗妮被埋的时候 |
[20:40] | Roni’s face when she was buried. | 用来遮住她的脸 |
[20:42] | Which is typical when | 这往往说明杀手 |
[20:44] | a killer has a personal relationship with the victim. | 和被害人有私人关系 |
[20:46] | Now, it was hand-sewn by a custom tailor… | 这个是由一个叫马里奥·博托内的 |
[20:50] | …a guy by the name of Mario Bottone. | 定制裁缝手工缝制的 |
[20:53] | He kept great records, | 他的记录非常完善 |
[20:54] | and he knew all his clients personally. | 并且他认识他的所有客户 |
[20:55] | We took him the jacket, | 我们给他看了这件夹克 |
[20:57] | and he matched it to a paper pattern he had on file | 他对照他的纸样存档找到了 |
[21:00] | for a long-term client by the name of Richard Hudson. | 他的一个长期客户名叫理查德·哈德森 |
[21:03] | Now, Hawkes and I spoke to him yesterday. | 霍克和我昨天找他谈过了 |
[21:05] | Am I supposed to know her? | 我应该认识她吗 |
[21:08] | Come on, Mr. Hudson. | 拜托 哈德森先生 |
[21:10] | Your heart just about leapt out of your chest. | 你的心都要跳出来了 |
[21:12] | How do you know her? | 你怎么认识她的 |
[21:13] | Told you. I don’t. | 告诉过你了 我不认识她 |
[21:16] | What about this jacket? | 那认识这件夹克吗 |
[21:18] | Oh, God. | 噢 天啦 |
[21:24] | Am I going to need a lawyer? | 我是不是需要一个律师 |
[21:26] | Only if you killed her. | 如果真是你杀了她 |
[21:30] | This can’t get back to my wife. | 请不要让我的妻子 |
[21:32] | Or my employer, I… | 或者我的老板知道 我 |
[21:35] | My family would be devastated. I-I’ll lose my job. | 我的家庭会崩溃 我会被解雇 |
[21:37] | How did you know her? | 你怎么认识她的 |
[21:39] | It was like 15 years ago. | 大概15年前 |
[21:40] | Things were not good with my wife. | 我和我的妻子关系不太好 |
[21:44] | We had little kids… | 孩子都还小 |
[21:45] | You know, you can save | 其实 你可以留着 |
[21:46] | all that for Dr. Phil. | 给菲尔医生说[脱口秀主持人] |
[21:48] | We dated. Okay? | 我们约会过 好吧 |
[21:53] | How much did you pay for those dates? | 你为那些约会付了多少钱 |
[21:54] | What was the deal? Dinner, drinks, | 服务内容是什么 晚餐喝酒 |
[21:56] | then up to her room for a happy ending? | 然后去她房间狂欢告终 |
[21:58] | But this didn’t end so happy, did it? | 但这可不是什么愉快的结局 是吧 |
[21:59] | Look! I used to see her sometimes, okay? | 听着 我以前是见了她几次 好吗 |
[22:03] | Well, what happened the last time you saw her? | 那你最后一次见她发生了什么事 |
[22:05] | W-we… we had a few drinks at Mantle’s. | 额 我们在蔓特吧喝了一些酒 |
[22:09] | We started to take a walk in the park. | 然后我们在公园里散步 |
[22:11] | It was chilly, so I-I gave her my jacket. | 那天很冷 所以我把我的夹克给了她 |
[22:14] | I left my credit card at the bar, | 我把我的信用卡落在了酒吧里 |
[22:15] | so I-I told Roni to wait for me. | 所以我让罗妮等我一下 |
[22:18] | I-I ran back inside to get it. When I came back, | 我跑回酒吧去拿 当我回来的时候 |
[22:19] | there was a cop talking to her. | 她在和一个警察说话 |
[22:21] | I swear to you, the last time I saw her, | 我发誓 那是我最后一次见她 |
[22:23] | she was with that cop. | 她和那个警察在一起 |
[22:24] | Would you recognize | 如果你再看到他 |
[22:25] | this officer if you saw him again? | 你能认出他来吗 |
[22:27] | It was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[22:28] | I-I never got a look at his face. | 而且我根本没看到他的脸 |
[22:31] | I hesitate to use the word “credible,” | 我不太愿意用”可信”这个词 |
[22:33] | but I think he was telling the truth. | 但是我觉得他说的是实话 |
[22:35] | Jo, this knife that we pulled out of Roni’s grave | 乔 我们从罗妮的埋尸地点找到的那把刀 |
[22:37] | also has an interesting story behind it. | 背后也有个有趣的故事 |
[22:39] | According to Sid… | 根据希德告诉我们的 |
[22:40] | the blade is consistent with the stab wounds | 这刀口与罗妮·帕克胸腔里 |
[22:42] | and the tool marks found on Roni Parker’s rib cage. | 的刀伤以及刀痕吻合 |
[22:44] | I was able to get a partial DNA profile | 我从刀槽里提取了 |
[22:47] | from the protected part of the knife. | 部分DNA图谱 |
[22:50] | It came back to this guy. | 找到了这个人 |
[22:53] | It’s Jimmy Valdez. | 这是吉米·瓦迪兹 |
[22:54] | That picture was taken when he was 15 years old. | 这是他15岁时拍的照片 |
[22:56] | And this is him today. | 这是他现在的样子 |
[23:00] | Well, he had more than… | 额 他青少年的时候 |
[23:01] | a few brushes with the law when he was a teenager, | 就已经有了几次较严重的指控了 |
[23:04] | but he doesn’t seem to have been in any trouble since then. | 不过从那以后他就没有再惹麻烦 |
[23:06] | Any connection to either of our victims? | 和我们的哪个受害人有什么联系吗 |
[23:08] | Nothing. But this is definitely | 没有 但的确在刀上 |
[23:09] | his DNA on the knife. | 找到了他的DNA |
[23:11] | Any other evidence to link him to the murder of Roni Parker? | 他和杀死罗妮的凶手有没有什么联系 |
[23:14] | Not right now. | 暂时没找到 |
[23:15] | But Flack picked him up a half an hour ago. | 但弗莱克已在半小时之前拘捕了他 |
[23:17] | He’s got him over at the precinct on ice, | 他现在暂时被拘禁在分局 |
[23:18] | waiting for me to be done here. | 就等我这边完事 |
[23:19] | You’re done here. | 那这里没你的事了 |
[23:22] | Where’d you get this? | 你从哪拿到的 |
[23:26] | From her. | 从她这里 |
[23:28] | – Who the hell’s that? – Her name is Roni Parker. | -这人是谁 -她叫罗妮·帕克 |
[23:30] | She was stabbed to death in Central Park, back in 1995. | 1995年她在中央公园被人刺死 |
[23:32] | And you’re saying this knife was used to do that? | 你是说她就是被这把刀杀死的吗 |
[23:35] | That’s what I’m saying. | 就是这个意思 |
[23:36] | You think I’m the one who killed her? | 你觉得我是凶手吗 |
[23:38] | – That’s impossible. – How’s that impossible? | -那是不可能的 -为什么不可能 |
[23:41] | It’s been a while, but I’ll never forget that knife. | 虽然有段时间了 但是我不会忘记这把刀的 |
[23:44] | It was in the window of the hardware store, | 这把刀就放在一家五金店的橱窗里 |
[23:46] | around the corner from my building. | 那家店在我家的拐角处 |
[23:48] | I had my eye on it for the longest time. | 我关注它很长时间了 |
[23:51] | And my older brother gave it to me on my 15th birthday. | 在我15岁生日的时候我哥哥送给了我 |
[23:54] | He told me to keep it in my pocket, just for protection… | 他让我把它放在口袋里 以防万一 |
[23:57] | not to show it off. | 但绝对不要拿出来炫耀 |
[24:00] | I couldn’t keep my eyes off it. | 我简直爱不释手 |
[24:02] | I had to show my friends. | 我忍不住向我的朋友展示 |
[24:04] | Big mistake. | 绝对是个天大的错误 |
[24:09] | You gotta find that cop. He’s the one that had that knife. | 你们应该找到那个警察 是他拿走了那把刀 |
[24:11] | If you saw him again, you think you’d recognize him? | 如果你再见到他的话 你可以认出他来吗 |
[24:14] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 可能吧 |
[24:22] | Take your time, Jim. No rush. | 慢慢来 吉米 不用急 |
[24:26] | I think he’s telling the truth. | 我觉得他说的是实话 |
[24:28] | He wouldn’t make up an alibi like that, | 他不会编一个像这样的不在场证明 |
[24:30] | “A cop took my knife.” | “一个警察拿走了我的刀” |
[24:31] | Hmm. Story makes sense. | 合情合理 |
[24:33] | In those days, every cop who walked the foot post | 那段时间 每一个巡逻的警察的 |
[24:36] | had a shoebox full of knives in his locker. | 橱物柜里都有满满一鞋盒子的刀 |
[24:38] | Do you have a shoebox full of knives in your locker? | 你的橱物柜里有满满一鞋盒子的刀吗 |
[24:44] | Promise not to tell. | 保证不告诉别人 |
[24:47] | You’re not going to tell me, are you? | 你不肯告诉我 是吗 |
[24:49] | Back then, the crime rate was much higher. | 当时 犯罪率比现在高得多 |
[24:53] | A cop leaving his post | 一个警察离开他的岗位 |
[24:54] | to get a pocketknife off the street | 去街上没收折叠刀 |
[24:56] | wasn’t a wise use of manpower. | 可不是明智的选择 |
[24:58] | Well, I’d imagine that’d get | 我能想象得到 |
[25:00] | a watch commander’s panties in a bunch. | 那会让他们的队长有多紧张 |
[25:01] | No doubt. Probably have you assigned to the middle | 毫无疑问 可能会在大半夜派你去 |
[25:04] | of the Brooklyn Bridge on a midnight. | 布鲁克林大桥中央巡逻 |
[25:05] | We showed him photos of every cop | 我们让他辨认了在他的刀被拿走的那天的 |
[25:08] | walking a foot post anywhere near Chambers and West | 巡逻钱伯斯大街和西街附近区域的 |
[25:10] | the day he had his knife taken away. | 所有警察的照片 |
[25:12] | He didn’t recognize any of them. | 没有一个相符的 |
[25:13] | We even showed him cops from adjoining precincts. | 我们甚至还把附近区域的警察照片给他看 |
[25:15] | Nothing. | 依旧一无所获 |
[25:16] | You show him a photo of Carver? | 你有把卡夫的照片给他看了吗 |
[25:20] | Carver was nowhere near Chambers and West that day. | 卡夫那天根本就不在钱伯斯大街和西街附近 |
[25:23] | The roll call had assigned him to the 11th Precinct. | 花名册上显示他被派到第十一区分局 |
[25:25] | Can we check to see | 那我们能核对一下 |
[25:27] | if he was on court alert? | 他那天是否被法院传唤过吗 |
[25:29] | Why are you so sure it’s Carver? | 你怎么就这么确定是卡夫干的呢 |
[25:31] | I’m not sure. But West and Chambers is the subway station | 我不确定 但是西街和钱伯斯大街是警察们 |
[25:34] | where cops get off to go to court. | 去法院的路上必经的地铁站 |
[25:36] | Yeah. And if he was activated on a summons case, | 没错 如果他被法院传唤的话 |
[25:38] | he would’ve passed that corner. | 那他必定经过了那个地方 |
[25:39] | And those alerts aren’t usually reflected on the roll call. | 而且那些紧急通知都不会在花名册上登记 |
[25:42] | You call the court section. | 你通知一下法院方面 |
[25:43] | I’ll pull up an array with Carver in it. | 我去调一组照片 并把卡夫的照片放在其中 |
[25:46] | Jimmy, I got one more array to show you. | 吉米 我还有一组照片要给你看 |
[25:49] | Then I’ll let you get out of here. | 看完你就可以走了 |
[25:52] | All right, no sweat. | 好的 没问题 |
[26:00] | That’s him! | 就是他 |
[26:01] | That’s the guy who took the knife off me. | 就是这个人把刀从我这拿走的 |
[26:24] | Way to go, Kyle! | 加油 凯尔 |
[26:30] | I’m here watching my grandnephew play soccer. | 我在这看我的侄孙踢足球 |
[26:32] | This better be good. | 最好是有什么好消息 |
[26:33] | I don’t know if I’d call it good. | 我不知道这算不算好消息 |
[26:36] | What exactly can I do for you, Mac? | 你究竟要让我做什么 麦克 |
[26:38] | You can tell me why you murdered your sister. | 你可以告诉我你为什么要谋杀你的亲妹妹 |
[26:58] | He positively identified you in a photo array. | 他在一组照片中明确地指认出你 |
[27:02] | So, what? | 那又怎样 |
[27:02] | You think I took this knife off the Valdez guy, | 你觉得我从瓦迪兹手上拿走这把刀 |
[27:04] | and used it to kill my sister? | 然后用这把刀杀了我的妹妹 |
[27:06] | Fine. Put the cuffs on me. | 那好吧 拷上我吧 |
[27:08] | Take me away. Lock me up. | 把我带走 把我关起来 |
[27:10] | What? You don’t have enough? | 怎么了 你证据不足吗 |
[27:13] | You know what happened to your sister, Ted. | 你知道你妹妹身上发生了什么 泰德 |
[27:16] | This is your opportunity to tell your side of the story. | 现在是时候听你讲讲故事了 |
[27:20] | Wh… what, did you come here looking for a confession? | 什么 你到这来是想要我认罪的吗 |
[27:22] | Mac, all right. Look. | 麦克 好吧 听着 |
[27:23] | You listen, and you listen good, all right? | 你听着 你好好给我听着 好吗 |
[27:25] | This ends now. | 一切到此而止 |
[27:26] | No more intrusions. No more unannounced visits. | 不要再骚扰我 不要不请自来 |
[27:27] | This isn’t going away. | 这件事不会就这么算了的 |
[27:29] | I’m not going to stop | 我不会停手的 |
[27:30] | until I have enough to make it stick. | 直到我找到更充分的证据来指证你 |
[27:31] | Yeah, well… I suggest you get to work then. | 好吧 那我建议你现在赶紧去工作 |
[27:39] | I want you to know, | 我想让你们知道 |
[27:41] | you guys did fantastic today. | 你们今天都表现得很好 |
[27:43] | Fantastic! No, it’s all right, it’s all right. | 很棒 不 没事的 没事的 |
[27:45] | You guys did your best. | 你们都尽全力了 |
[27:47] | But we lost, coach! | 但是我们输了 教练 |
[27:48] | It’s all right. It’s all right. You want to know why? | 没事的 没事的 你知道为什么吗 |
[27:51] | Cause we worked hard, you had fun. | 因为我们都很努力 你们也玩得很愉快 |
[27:56] | And we respected ourselves, | 并且我们尊重自己 |
[27:57] | and we respected our opponent. | 我们也尊重我们的对手 |
[28:23] | Hello! Boss… | 嗨 头儿 |
[28:34] | Everything okay, boss? | 一切还好吧 头儿 |
[28:36] | I saw you looking at… | 我看你一直盯着… |
[28:38] | Adam, I want you to compare the DNA profile | 亚当 我要你去对比在罗妮·帕克 |
[28:41] | you recovered from the chewing gum we found | 埋尸地点找到的口香糖上面获得的DNA |
[28:43] | in Roni Parker’s grave to her own profile. | 与她本人的是否一致 |
[28:44] | Uh, boss, I already typed it. | 头儿 我已经查过了 |
[28:46] | The DNA on the gum came back to a male donor. | 口香糖上的DNA来属于一位男性 |
[28:49] | It’s definitely not hers. | 肯定不是她本人的 |
[28:50] | I know. Just do it. | 我知道 去做就是了 |
[29:02] | Okay, Sid. I need to know | 好吧 希德 我需要知道 |
[29:03] | if Ted Carver’s physical stature and strength | 以泰德·卡夫的体形和力气所能造成的伤害 |
[29:06] | are consistent with the injuries on this victim’s body. | 是否与死者身上的伤害一致 |
[29:09] | Ted Carver was a familiar face around here | 泰德·卡夫这么多年来一直 |
[29:12] | for several years. | 都在这里工作 |
[29:13] | I can’t believe we’re even talking about him | 我不敢相信我们竟然把他 |
[29:15] | as a murder suspect. | 看成是谋杀案的嫌疑人 |
[29:17] | We, uh, we used to joke, uh, you know, | 我们 我们曾经跟他开玩笑说 |
[29:18] | with that last name | 有一个”切割”这样的姓 |
[29:20] | he should have been a medical examiner. | 他应该做验尸官 |
[29:20] | Or a killer who likes to use a knife. | 或者一个喜欢拿刀当凶器的凶手 |
[29:24] | Yeah. But in this case, | 没错 但是在这个案子里 |
[29:25] | I don’t think he’s your suspect. | 我不觉得他是杀人凶手 |
[29:27] | Roni Parker was five foot nine. | 罗妮·帕克身高一米七五 |
[29:29] | Carver is six four. | 卡夫身高一米九三 |
[29:30] | And all the stab wounds are in the lower abdomen, | 而且所有的伤口都在下腹部 |
[29:34] | all below the seventh rib. | 都位于第七根肋骨之下 |
[29:39] | The tool marks are on the underside of the bone, | 刀痕出现在骨头的下方 |
[29:42] | which means she was most likely stabbed in an upward angle. | 也就是说她很有可能是被人用刀从下往上捅的 |
[29:45] | Well, it’s not an exact science. | 这样说也不是很严密 |
[29:46] | There can be a lot of variables involved here, such as | 这里有很多可能性出现 比如 |
[29:50] | body position of both the suspect and the victim, | 死者和凶手两个人不同的站位 |
[29:52] | but those stab wounds coupled with this… | 但是伴随这些刀伤的还有这个 |
[29:55] | The blunt force injury to the back of the head | 后脑遭受钝器打击所造成的伤口 |
[29:58] | was in the occipital region. | 就在在枕骨附近的区域 |
[29:59] | And with someone Carver’s height, | 而以卡夫这种身高 |
[30:01] | the injury most likely would have been to the parietal area. | 伤口最有可能出现在头顶骨区域 |
[30:05] | Parietal? Impressive. | 头顶骨 不错嘛 |
[30:08] | And the blow to the back of the head was delivered… | 而且后脑经受的一击是由 |
[30:10] | by a solid, blunt object. | 一个实心的钝器所造成的 |
[30:12] | Maybe a large stone, at an upward angle. | 或者是块大石头 由下往上 |
[30:15] | And it caused only a hairline fracture. | 而且只造成了发线性骨裂 |
[30:17] | Someone as powerful as Carver | 像卡夫这么强壮的人 |
[30:19] | likely would have caved in her skull. | 很有可能直接砸穿她的头骨 |
[30:49] | Sid believes we’re looking for someone much smaller | 希德认为我们要找的人要比卡夫身材更小 |
[30:53] | and much less powerful than Carver. | 也没有卡夫那么强壮 |
[30:54] | Someone like Marcella Gomez. | 是像玛塞拉·戈麦斯那样的人 |
[30:56] | We’ve been through this before. | 我们之前已经讨论过这件事了 |
[30:58] | I need motive, and I need evidence. | 我需要作案动机 我需要证据 |
[31:00] | What reason would Marcella have to kill Roni Parker? | 玛塞拉为什么要杀了罗妮·帕克 |
[31:03] | I don’t think she did it, Boss. | 我不认为是她杀的 头儿 |
[31:06] | We got a match. | 找到一个相匹配的 |
[31:23] | All right, everyone. This is how it’s going to go. | 好了 大伙 接下来就是这样的 |
[31:26] | The bride and the father walk down the aisle. | 首先新娘在父亲的陪伴下步入礼堂 |
[31:28] | Music is playing. Very good. | 放音乐 非常好 |
[31:31] | That’s it. Now you deliver the bride. | 就是这样 现在把新娘交给新郎 |
[31:35] | And you’ll be asked, | 然后你会被问到 |
[31:36] | “Who gives this young woman…?” | “是谁给予这位年轻的女性…” |
[31:37] | Father steps back, but does not sit down. | 父亲退后一步 但是不要坐下 |
[31:51] | Uncle Ted. | 泰德叔叔 |
[31:53] | Go to Julie, she’s going to need you. | 去陪茱莉吧 她需要你 |
[31:56] | Look, Jay, don’t… | 听着 杰 不要 |
[31:56] | No, please! Please. | 不 不用 不用了 |
[32:15] | I did it, Detective. | 是我干的 警探 |
[32:17] | I killed my mother. | 我杀了我母亲 |
[32:42] | Where did you get the knife? | 那把刀是你从哪里弄来的 |
[32:48] | Um, my Uncle Ted would stop by a couple times a year, | 泰德叔叔以前每年都会来看我们几次 |
[32:51] | usually on birthdays. | 通常是在我们过生日的时候 |
[32:53] | And sometimes he’d bring a gift. | 有的时候他会带礼物给我 |
[32:55] | He knew that I liked to carve things out of wood, | 他知道我喜欢在木头上刻东西 |
[32:57] | so he gave it to me. | 所以他把那把刀送给了我 |
[32:59] | Told me never to take it out of the house, | 跟我说不准把刀带出去 |
[33:00] | and I didn’t. | 我也一直没有 |
[33:02] | Until that night. | 直到那天晚上 |
[33:03] | Come on. | 少来了 |
[33:05] | Yeah, yeah. Whatever. | 好吧 好吧 随便你 |
[33:16] | Jay? What the hell are you doing?! | 杰 你在搞什么鬼 |
[33:19] | You little… | 你这个小兔崽子 |
[33:40] | Did your uncle help you dispose of the body? | 你叔叔有帮你处理尸体吗 |
[33:42] | No. | 没有 |
[33:43] | No, I did that all by myself. | 没有 都是我一个人做的 |
[34:18] | Why’d you decide to go and dig up your mother’s body? | 那你为什么要回去把你母亲的尸体挖出来 |
[34:21] | I was, uh, reading in the papers | 我从报纸上看到 |
[34:23] | that the city was planning on expanding | 市政府计划在公园那个区域 |
[34:25] | a bike path into that area of the park, | 扩展自行车专用道 |
[34:28] | and I was…I was just afraid that | 而我 我很害怕 |
[34:32] | they would uncover the body, | 他们会发现尸体 |
[34:33] | so I went there to move it. | 所以我去那里打算把尸体移走 |
[34:38] | So when you went to the park that first time, | 那么当你第一次去公园的时候 |
[34:40] | did you go there to kill your mother? | 你就已经计划好要杀害你的母亲了吗 |
[34:41] | I’m not going to lie to you, Detective. | 我也不打算骗你 警探 |
[34:46] | This is something that I thought about for a long time. | 这一刻我已经想了很久了 |
[34:50] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我是这么打算的 |
[34:53] | I planned it. | 我做了周密的计划 |
[34:55] | I went there to kill her. | 于是我就去那里杀了她 |
[35:05] | Thanks, Mac. | 谢谢 麦克 |
[35:08] | How’d you figure out it was him? | 你怎么发现是他 |
[35:10] | DNA on a piece of chewing gum found in your sister’s grave | 你妹妹埋尸地点旁一块嚼过的口香糖上的DNA |
[35:15] | was a familial match to Jay. | 与杰的有血缘关系 |
[35:17] | To be honest, Ted, I thought | 说实话 泰德 我本以为 |
[35:19] | it would come back a match to you. | 应该和你的相匹配 |
[35:21] | Almost wish it did. | 你巴不得是我 |
[35:25] | When did you know? | 你何时知道的 |
[35:27] | He called me… | 他当时给我电话… |
[35:28] | crying… couldn’t bring himself | 泣不成声…几乎无法说清 |
[35:31] | to tell me what he had done. And when I got home, | 他究竟做了什么 等我回到家 |
[35:34] | he was waiting on the stoop. | 他缩在楼梯上等我 |
[35:36] | And he told me he’d… he’d killed Roni. | 他对我说…他杀了罗妮 |
[35:41] | He wanted to… turn himself in… to me. | 他想要…向我…自首 |
[35:44] | Look at your face. All right, come on. | 看看你的脸 好了 来 |
[35:47] | Get upstairs. | 上楼 |
[35:51] | I took him inside. Got him cleaned up. | 我带他进门 给他洗干净 |
[35:56] | But why, Jay? | 为什么呢 杰 |
[35:58] | Why would a 14-year-old boy want to kill his mother? | 为什么一个十四岁的孩子想杀死他的母亲呢 |
[36:01] | Why? | 你问为什么 |
[36:05] | I’ll show you why. | 我给你看看答案 |
[36:14] | Oh, dear Lord! | 我的天啊 |
[36:46] | My God, Jay! | 我的天啊 杰 |
[36:49] | God! Jay! Jay! | 天啊 杰 杰 |
[36:52] | It’s all right. | 没事了 |
[36:53] | It’s okay. Come on. Sit down. | 好了 来 坐下 |
[36:56] | I’m so sorry that had to happen to you. | 我对于发生在你身上的惨剧深表遗憾 |
[36:58] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[37:02] | I know it sounds crazy, but I sort of got used to it. | 也许听来有些疯狂 但我其实已经习惯了 |
[37:04] | Did she do the same thing to your brother and sister? | 她也这样对待你的弟弟妹妹吗 |
[37:08] | For a long time, it was just me. | 很长一段时间 都只有我 |
[37:10] | But then they started getting older, | 但随着他们慢慢长大 |
[37:12] | and I would come home from school, and I would see the… | 我放学回家却发现 |
[37:16] | I would see the welts, and the burns and the bruises | 我看到他们身上各种鞭伤烧伤擦伤 |
[37:20] | on their bodies. I thought the only chance | 我想唯一能结束这一切的 |
[37:23] | they had to make it stop was me. | 只有我 |
[37:26] | Because there was nobody else there to protect them. | 因为再没有别人能保护他们 |
[37:30] | I didn’t see any other way out. | 我想不到别的出路 |
[37:33] | I was really afraid that one day she would kill us. | 我真的很害怕有天她会杀掉我们 |
[37:40] | We had nobody. | 我们无依无靠 |
[37:50] | I knew what a monster she was, | 我知道她简直不是人 |
[37:52] | what those kids were living with. | 孩子们生活在水深火热中 |
[37:55] | I should have been there. | 我应该保护他们的 |
[37:56] | There’s no use looking back. You can’t change what is. | 后悔没有用 你无法改变过去 |
[37:59] | Mac, I put that knife in Jay’s hand. | 麦克 是我把刀子给了杰 |
[38:01] | It was just sitting up in my locker. | 刀子原本锁在我的柜子里 |
[38:03] | He liked to carve things. | 他喜欢雕刻 |
[38:05] | That knife didn’t stab your sister, Jay did. | 不是刀子杀了你妹妹 是杰 |
[38:08] | If it wasn’t that knife, it would have been another. | 如果不是那把刀 他也会用别的凶器 |
[38:11] | None of this had to happen. | 这一切都不该发生 |
[38:12] | I could have stopped it. | 我应该能够阻止这一切的 |
[38:14] | You did. | 你做到了 |
[38:16] | Taking those kids in, adopting them. | 你把孩子们带回家 收养他们 |
[38:20] | You turned their life around. | 你改变了他们的人生 |
[38:35] | I just wish it hadn’t been this hard to get there. | 我只是希望事情不用这么艰难就能圆满 |
[38:43] | One thing I… don’t understand. | 有件事我…我不明白 |
[38:48] | Your connection to Marcella. | 你怎么和玛塞拉联系上的 |
[38:51] | I was walking my foot post at a midnight tour, | 有天午夜 我正在巡街 |
[38:53] | and she was sitting there on the curb, | 她坐在路边 |
[38:55] | in the rain, crying… talking about killing herself, | 冒雨痛哭 说要自杀 |
[38:57] | to get away from Barrett. | 好摆脱巴瑞特 |
[38:59] | Even too terrified to file a complaint. | 她太害怕 都不敢投诉 |
[39:04] | Well, I get why you’d give her Roni’s identity | 我明白 你把罗妮的身份给了她 |
[39:06] | as a way to escape, but… | 是为了让她逃离原本的生活 但… |
[39:09] | why would you give her your gun? | 为什么把枪也给了她呢 |
[39:14] | Later that night, I had a little chat with Barrett. | 因为当晚 我和巴瑞特谈了谈 |
[39:17] | He was one of those guys, Mac, | 麦克 他是那种… |
[39:19] | you know, the kind that scares the hell out of you. | 能把你吓破胆的人 |
[39:21] | And I knew… if he found her he’d kill her. | 我知道 万一他发现她 一定会杀了她 |
[39:28] | You were right. | 你没错 |
[39:33] | I have to live the rest of my life | 但我的余生 |
[39:35] | knowing that he used my gun to do it. | 都会记得他用我的枪杀了她 |
[39:42] | I keep waiting. | 我一直在等 |
[39:45] | For what? | 等什么 |
[39:48] | For the sadness to come. | 等待内心的悲伤到来 |
[39:51] | For the day that I feel guilty for what I did. | 等待有一天我会为我所做感到后悔 |
[39:54] | If I’d known then what I know now, | 如果当初我能像今天一样懂事 |
[39:56] | I never would have done it, but… | 我决不会那样做 但… |
[40:02] | I’m not sorry for it. | 我从不后悔 |
[40:08] | The world is a better place without my… | 这个世界会更美好 只要没有我的… |
[40:13] | …without her. | 没有她 |
[40:33] | Quite a case! | 真是沉重的案子 |
[40:35] | Kind of sad to see | 像泰德·卡夫这样人要如此收场 |
[40:37] | a guy like Ted Carver go out like this. | 确实有点悲哀 |
[40:39] | He was one hell of a cop in his day. | 他是他那时代杰出警员的代表 |
[40:42] | Well, there could be worse. | 本来可能会更糟 |
[40:44] | He could have been arrested, | 他有可能被捕 |
[40:46] | or charged criminally. | 或是被指控协助谋杀 |
[40:47] | The department was his life. | 警局就是他的生命 |
[40:49] | Being fired and stripped of his pension’s far worse | 被开除 取消退休金 对他而言 |
[40:53] | than any charges the DA could file. | 是地方检察官最严厉的惩罚 |
[40:55] | They made the right decision. | 他们做出了正确决定 |
[40:57] | You must be one hell of a poker player. | 你肯定是个扑克高手 |
[41:02] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[41:03] | Come on, Mac! | 得了 麦克 |
[41:06] | “They made the right decision”? | “他们做出了正确决定” |
[41:07] | I just got back from the DA’s office, | 我刚从地方检察官那儿回来 |
[41:09] | where we were meeting about Jay’s case. | 我过去讨论杰的案子 |
[41:11] | You know, one of my greatest assets | 你知道我这人最大的优势 |
[41:14] | is my Southern charm. | 就是我的”南部风情” |
[41:15] | Folks around here don’t quite know what to do with that. | 这里的伙计们不太懂得如何对付我 |
[41:18] | They open up. They tell me things. | 所以他们敞开心扉 跟我说了点儿事 |
[41:21] | Things like you going over there | 比如你到检察官那儿 |
[41:24] | and persuading them not to charge Carver criminally. | 劝说他们不要控告卡夫犯罪 |
[41:27] | All I said was, “Ted Carver’s not a perfect man, | 我只是说 “泰德·卡夫并不完美 |
[41:30] | “he’s made some mistakes in his life, | “他的一生中犯过错误 |
[41:32] | “but that’s no reason to erase all the good he’s done.” | “但并不能因此抹杀他所做出的杰出贡献” |
[41:36] | What about Jay? Where do you stand on that? | 杰呢 你对杰的事情怎么看 |
[41:40] | I understand why he killed her– he was just a kid. | 我能理解他为什么杀害她 他还是个孩子 |
[41:43] | And Roni was pure evil. | 罗妮却如同魔鬼 |
[41:47] | But he planned it. | 但他预先谋划 |
[41:48] | And I-I’m not sure… | 我…我不确定… |
[41:52] | how to justify premeditated murder. | 如何给这宗预谋谋杀案定性 |
[41:54] | Well, after interviewing all the kids, | 我们对三个孩子进行询问 |
[41:56] | and corroborating all the stories | 确认口供一致 |
[41:57] | and all the old injuries, | 并对旧伤进行验伤 |
[41:58] | the DA has no interest in taking Jay to trial. | 地方检察官决定不对杰进行公开审判 |
[42:02] | He’ll agree to a plea of manslaughter, with no jail time. | 他也同意过失杀人的抗辩 不用去监狱 |
[42:07] | What do you think about that? | 你怎么看 |
[42:10] | It’s not important what I think. | 重要的不是我怎么看 |
[42:14] | What’s important | 重要的是 |
[42:15] | is that Ted Carver took a horrible set of circumstances | 泰德·卡夫把悲惨的生活环境 |
[42:19] | and turned it into something… special. | 变得十分…难以形容 |