时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | You’ll pay me $10,000 up front and another ten grand when the job’s done. | 你先付我1万美金 事成之后再付1万 |
[00:13] | On the day I finish our contract,a dozen white roses will be sent to your office. | 事情办妥那天 我会送一打白玫瑰到你办公室 |
[00:18] | Don’t attempt to contact me. | 别试图联系我 |
[00:21] | If you need to communicate,go to the steps at the main entrance of the Central Post Office. | 如果你有事找我 下午三点 到中央邮局大门前的楼梯上等 |
[00:25] | 3:00 in the afternoon,I’ll find you. | 我会找你的 |
[00:29] | This meeting will be the last time you’ll see me. | 这是我们最后一次见面 |
[00:33] | Once you pay me,changing your mind is a complication that’s going to cost you. | 一旦你付了钱 又想改变主意 代价可是会很大 |
[00:37] | So I got to ask you one more time. | 所以我现在再问你一次 |
[00:40] | Are you sure you want him dead? | 你确定要干掉他? |
[01:27] | Buy you a cup of coffee,Mr. Neville? | 能请你喝杯咖啡吗 Neville先生? |
[01:29] | Do I know you? | 我们认识吗? |
[01:30] | Detective Mac Taylor. | 我是Mac Taylor警探 |
[01:32] | I was called to the scene of the accident. | 我当时去了那个意外现场 |
[01:39] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[01:41] | I’ve tried to contact you seral times since then. | 之后我尝试和你联系过几次 |
[01:43] | You refused my calls,wouldn’t allow me to visit,so you left me no choice but to be here today. | 你不接我电话 不让我去探视你 我别无选择 只好今天亲自上门 |
[01:48] | And now you’re here? | 你在这儿干嘛? |
[01:49] | I was wondering if we could talk. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[01:51] | Why? | 为什么? |
[01:51] | Because you just spent 18 months in prison for a crime you didn’t commit. | 因为你并没有犯罪 却在牢里呆了18个月 |
[02:43] | CSI NY Season 05 Episode 23 | |
[02:56] | Adam,have you seen Danny? | Adam 你知道Danny在哪儿吗? |
[02:58] | He left about 20 minutes ago with Doc to a crime scene on the Upper West Side. | 他和医生 大概20分钟之前 去了上西区的犯罪现场 |
[03:01] | What about,uh,Stella or Mac? | Stella或者Mac呢? |
[03:03] | Stella’s in court and the boss took a day off. | Stella出庭去了 头儿休假了 |
[03:05] | Yeah,can you believe it? | 难以置信吧? |
[03:06] | Mac never takes a day off. | Mac从来不休假的 |
[03:07] | I don’t think there’s been one day since I’ve worked here that he hasn’t showed up. | 自从我在这里工作以来 他从不休息 |
[03:10] | He’s like,”Hey,I’m not coming in,” you know, | 就好像是说 “嘿 我今天不来了” |
[03:12] | although he did go to London that one time,but I don’t… | 虽然他确实去了伦敦一次 但我… |
[03:14] | – Adam,okay,enough. – What? | – Adam 好了 别说了 – 怎么了? |
[03:16] | I just got back from Montana. I-I’m not ready to deal with you. | 我刚从蒙大拿回来 没工夫应付你 |
[03:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:20] | – This is not how I imagined it. – What? | – 这和我预期的完全不一样 – 什么? |
[03:23] | – I need you to focus,Adam. – Okay. | – 我要你集中注意力听好了 Adam – 好吧 |
[03:25] | Go get a set of keys to a car,any car. | 去找一套车钥匙 随便什么车都可以 |
[03:26] | Meet me in the garage in five minutes. | 5分钟之后到车库来找我 |
[03:28] | My water just broke. | 我羊水刚破了 |
[03:30] | I’m about to go into lab and you are taking me to the hospital. | 我就要生了 你送我去医院 |
[03:34] | – Go! – Okay. | – 快点啊! – 好好好 |
[03:35] | – Adam… – ah,wrong way,sorry,j-just relax. | – 啊 走错路了 放松点… |
[03:38] | Everything’s going to be okay. | 一切都会顺利的 |
[03:57] | Here you go. Thanks very much. | 请慢用 非常感谢 |
[03:59] | So it was your fault? | 那么说 是你的错了? |
[04:01] | Whato you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[04:02] | I just spent 18 nthsin Rikers. | 我刚在Rikers岛监狱蹲了18个月 |
[04:05] | You show up on the day I get out and tell me I shouldn’t have been there in the first place? | 我出狱第一天 你就出现在我面前 告诉我我其实一开始就不该进去? |
[04:14] | Two years ago your vehicle struck and killed Maris Donovan. | 2年前 你的车出车祸 撞死了Maris Donovan |
[04:18] | You claimed that you were behind the wheel,but I believe someone else was driving. | 你说开车的人是你 但我相信开车的另有其人 |
[04:22] | So,I’m just curious,why would you take responsibility fosomething you didn’t do? | 我只是很好奇 你为什么 要为自己没做过的事承担责任? |
[04:28] | You think that’s what happened? | 你觉得事情就是那样? |
[04:29] | Yes,I do. | 是的 没错 |
[04:31] | Unfortunately,all I’ve got is circumstantial forensic evidence and a gut feeling. | 不幸的是 我只有法医的间接证据 和我的直觉 |
[04:37] | None of which the DA will pay any attention to without the truth from you. | 如果没有你说出真相 检察官不会采信我的证据 |
[04:41] | Why would I lie about something like that? | 我为什么要撒那样的谎? |
[04:44] | Why would I sentence myself to prison? | 我为什么要让自己坐牢? |
[04:49] | Because you didn’t think you’d go to prison,Talmge. | 因为你觉得可能不用坐牢 Talmge |
[04:52] | Or if you did go to prison,you’d get three months,tops. | 或者即便要坐牢 最多就3个月 |
[04:55] | Or maybe you’d just get slapped with a fin | 或者罚款了事 |
[04:59] | But instead,a very unsympathetic judge made an example of you, | 但事实是一个没有同情心的法官 来了个杀一儆百 |
[05:02] | and there was no way you uld have predicted that would happen. | 这个结果你不可能事先预料到 |
[05:06] | And there was no way you could get out of it once you took the blame. | 而你一旦认罪 就不可能再次脱罪 |
[05:09] | A detective chasing theories,huh? | 你是个靠推理办案的警探 是吗? |
[05:12] | What I’m chasing is the truth. | 我追寻的是真相 |
[05:14] | Someone committed a crime and got away with it. | 有人犯了罪 但是逃脱了 |
[05:17] | There was no one else in that car. | 车里根本没有别人 |
[05:19] | Well,that’s what we believed that night because that’s what you told us, | 我们那晚也相信了这点 因为你这么说的 |
[05:22] | but I have evidence that suggests otherwise. | 但我有证据显示其实不是那样 |
[05:25] | Circumstantial evidence? | 间接证据? |
[05:28] | Thanks for the coffee. | 谢谢你的咖啡 |
[06:27] | Oh,no! No! No! Oh,no! | 噢 不! 不! 不!噢 不! |
[06:31] | No,I-I can’t… I can’t tell if she’s breathing! | 不 我…我不清楚她是不是还有呼吸! |
[06:34] | I don’t know if she’s alive! | 我不知道她是不是还活着! |
[06:36] | Somebody help! | 救命啊! |
[06:37] | I’m a doctor. I might be able to help. | 我是医生 也许能帮上忙 |
[06:40] | Somebody call 911. | 谁帮忙打911啊 |
[06:41] | Please be okay. | 坚持下去啊 |
[06:42] | Call an ambulance! | 找救护车啊! |
[06:51] | It’s a terrible accident. | 这是起很严重的事故 |
[06:52] | It’s just awful,Mac. She’s so young. | 太可怕了 Mac 她还那么年轻 |
[06:56] | Her name is Maris Donovan. | 名叫Maris Donovan |
[06:59] | The deli owner says she comes in occasionally. | 熟食店主说她有时会出现在附近 |
[07:00] | Thinks she lives around the block. | 应该住得不远 |
[07:04] | Was he the one driving the car? | 他就是开车的人? |
[07:06] | Talmadge Neville. | |
[07:07] | Said he didn’t see her until it was too late and did everything he could to avoid the collision. | 说他看到她时已经来不及了 他尽了全力避免撞到她 |
[07:12] | He swerved,and his car slammed into the lamppost. | 他急转方向 车子撞到了灯柱 |
[07:17] | Is he okay? | 他没事吧? |
[07:17] | Paramedics checked him out. | 医护人员检查过了 |
[07:20] | Despite the damage to the car,he appears to be physically fine. | 虽然车损毁的挺严重 他人基本没事 |
[07:24] | Emotionally,he’s struggling to hold it together. | 不过情感上 就不那么轻松了 |
[07:26] | Intoxicated? | 酒后驾驶吗? |
[07:27] | No. Passed the sobriety. | 不是 通过了酒精测试 |
[07:29] | This is a bad one. | 真是起严重的事故 |
[07:32] | Any witnesses? | 有目击者吗? |
[07:33] | No one that can help. Most of these folks just heard the noise. | 没有 这些人都只是听到了声响 |
[07:35] | A passerby tried to revive her before ESU got here,but… | 一个路人在救护人员赶来前试图帮忙 但… |
[07:46] | Was there anyone else in the car? | 车里还有别人吗? |
[07:48] | No,he was alone. | 没了 就他自己 |
[07:50] | What’d you find? | 你有什么发现? |
[07:58] | Looks like he was texting while driving. | 看来他开车的时候在发短信 |
[08:01] | Maris! | |
[08:03] | Where’s my daughter? | 我女儿在哪里? |
[08:05] | Maris! | |
[08:06] | Ma’am,I’m sorry,you can’t touch the body. | 夫人 对不起 你不能靠近尸体 |
[08:09] | Oh,no! | 噢 不! |
[08:10] | Mrs. Donovan. | Donovan夫人 |
[08:11] | No,no! | 噢 不! |
[08:12] | Listen,listen,listen,I’m… | 听着 听着 我… |
[08:14] | – Did you do this? – I am so sorry. It was an accident. | – 是你撞了她? – 非常非常抱歉 是起意外 |
[08:16] | Look what you’ve done to my daughter! Look what you did to her! | 你看看你对我女儿做了什么! 看看你对她做了什么! |
[08:19] | Give her back… Mrs. Donovan,please! | 把她还给我… Donovan夫人 冷静点! |
[08:20] | Mrs. Donovan! | Donovan夫人! |
[08:22] | Oh,no! | 噢 不! |
[08:25] | Oh,no! | 噢 不! |
[08:47] | Why isn’t she answering her phone? | 她为什么不接电话? |
[08:48] | Doc,take 57th right there. It’ll be faster. | 医生 往那边的57大街走 会快一点 |
[08:50] | Danny,I got this,I got this. All right. | Danny 我知道了 会尽快的 好吗 |
[08:51] | Voicemail again. | 又是语音信箱 |
[08:54] | Baby,it’s me. We’re close,okay? | 宝贝 是我 我们快到了? |
[08:56] | Hold on till I get there,okay? | 等我来再生 好吗? |
[08:58] | I don’t want to miss this. I love you. I love you,okay? | 我不想错过孩子出生 我爱你 我爱你 好吗? |
[09:02] | Watch out,man! | 看着点 伙计! |
[09:04] | Okay,right here,Doc,Doc,Doc,okay,right there. | 好了 就这里 医生 医生 就这里 |
[09:05] | Make a right,go around the corner and pull into Emergency. | 右转 从街角过去 往急诊室开 |
[09:13] | Hey,Danny,congrats,brother. | 嘿 Danny 祝贺你 伙计 |
[09:16] | Thanks,Doc. | 谢啦 医生 |
[09:41] | Okay,here’s what you’re looking for. | 好了 这就是你要找的 |
[09:42] | Talmadge Neville’s parole officer is Jerome Addison. | Talmadge Neville的假释官是Jerome Addison |
[09:47] | Condition of his parole is that he check in within four hours of his release. | 假释条件是出狱后4小时内去报道 |
[09:51] | I’ve got an address up on East 59th Street. | 这里有东59大街的地址 |
[09:54] | Hey,I thought you were taking the day off. | 嘿 你不是今天休息吗 |
[09:56] | Just looking into some unfinished business. | 我只是了解一下未完的案子 |
[09:58] | Neville. | |
[09:59] | It’s the,uh,car accident,right? He was texting? | 是那起车祸 对吗? 他当时在发短信? |
[10:03] | I thought that case was pretty cut and dry. | 我以为那案子再清楚不过了 |
[10:04] | He did 18 months. Got out this morning. | 他坐了18个月牢 今天早上刚出狱 |
[10:06] | Hey,Mac,most people on their days off take in a museum,a matinee,catch up on some sleep. | 嘿 Mac 大部分休假的人都会去博物馆 看个日场音乐会 或者补觉 |
[10:12] | Here you are digging up a closed case. | 而你在这里翻已经结了的案子 |
[10:14] | Our lab didn’t analyze the evidence collected at the scene | 实验室没有分析在现场取到的证据 |
[10:17] | because at the time Neville took full responsibility. | 因为当时Neville承担了所有责任 |
[10:20] | Well,makes sense. | 也说得通 |
[10:21] | He was driving the car. | 是他开车撞死了人 |
[10:22] | Maybe not. | 那可不一定 |
[10:23] | Okay. So you’ve processed that evidence. | 好吧 你是说你处理了那些证物 |
[10:25] | And now you have a differentheory? | 然后有了不同的推测? |
[10:27] | Nothindefinitive,but certainly enough to have reasonable doubt. | 没什么确凿证据 但能提出合理怀疑了 美国刑法规定只有排除所有的合理怀疑后 才可以判定被告有罪 |
[10:31] | You were that kid in school who did all the extra credit projects,weren’t you? | 你在学校肯定也是修满额外学分的孩子 是吧? |
[10:34] | You made all the rest of us look bad. | 你让我们自愧不如了 |
[10:38] | Three months ago I slammed on the brakes in my car to avoid a collision with the vehicle in front of me. | 3个月前 我猛踩刹车 以避免撞上我前面的一辆车 |
[10:44] | My shoulder restraint jolted back. | 我的肩膀被安全带猛烈向后拉 |
[10:46] | And I was,I was sore within an hour and for a few days afterwards. | 之后一小时都非常疼痛 接下来的几天也是如此 |
[10:50] | My left shoulder was bruised from where the restraint tightened. | 左肩系安全带的位置都是淤青 |
[10:55] | That moment triggered a memory. | 那个瞬间勾起了一段记忆 |
[10:58] | The night of Talmadge Neville’s accident,I remember quite clearly he was rubbing his right shoulder. | Talmadge Neville出车祸那晚 我记得很清楚他按摩的是右边肩膀 |
[11:09] | Which would put him in the passenger seat. | 就是说他坐的是副驾驶的位子 |
[11:10] | And suggests someone else was driving. | 暗示着开车的另有其人 |
[11:13] | I suppose I could just let this go. | 我以为我能让事情就这么过去 |
[11:15] | But Don,I can’t forget the look on Katherine Donovan’s face when she saw her daughter lying lifeless in that street. | 但是Don 我忘不了Katherine Donovan 看着女儿毫无生气躺在街上时的表情 |
[11:23] | I remember thinking,I’m so glad this isn’t a hit and run. | 我还记得我当时在想 很高兴这不是次肇事逃逸 |
[11:26] | That this man took full responsibility for what he’d done. | 这个男人对自己的所作所为负起了全责 |
[11:29] | He didn’t claim the brakes didn’t work,he didn’t point the finger at the victim. | 他没有辩称刹车失灵 也没有把责任推给受害者 |
[11:35] | There was something so tragic yet decent about it all. | 只是这整件事太悲惨了 |
[11:42] | And now I believe someone else is involved. | 现在我确信有其他人牵涉其中 |
[11:46] | And that someone thinks they got away with it? No. | 有人以为他能逃脱惩罚? 不 |
[11:51] | That’s not how this is going to end. | 事情决不会就此收场 |
[11:55] | Thanks for this. | 这个谢谢 |
[12:06] | Mr. Neville,get in. | Neville先生 上车 |
[12:08] | What the hell do you want,Detective? | 你想要什么 警探? |
[12:09] | The truth,a name. | 真相 名字 |
[12:11] | I have nothing to say. | 我没什么好说的 |
[12:12] | All right,then I’ll do the talking. Come on. | 好 那么我来说 快点 |
[12:14] | I heard it already. | 我已经听过了 |
[12:18] | Look,Talmadge,I’m not going away. | 听着 Talmadge 我是不会走的 |
[12:20] | I could call your parole officer. | 我可以给你的假释官打电话 |
[12:22] | He might wonder why a detective from the crime lab is asking so many questions. | 他可能很想知道为什么一个 犯罪实验室警探会问那么多问题 |
[12:25] | That would definitely complicate things for you. | 这对你来说绝对是很复杂的事情 |
[12:28] | Come on,get in. | 快点 上车吧 |
[12:35] | Start telling your story. | 开始说你的故事吧 |
[12:39] | My lab recovered your vehicle from the impound yard. | 我的实验室从羁押处拿回了你的汽车 |
[13:40] | I recreated the reported speed of the car d simulated the object of impact and placement of the phone | 我根据报告提及的车速模拟了 撞击对象还有手机的位置 |
[13:45] | and not once did the cell land on the front passenger side floor where you recovered it. | 没有一次 手机是掉在 你发现它所在的前排副驾驶位上 |
[13:50] | And in Neville’s vehicle,the power adjustment gears under the seat | 而在Neville的车里 座位下的功率调节装置 |
[13:53] | are too bulky for an object just to slide forward. | 体积太大了 无法向前滑行 |
[13:55] | But that doesn’t definitively eliminate the possibility that the driver was holding the phone. | 但这无法百分百排除 司机拿着电话的可能性 |
[14:00] | But it makes it more plausible that someone in the passenger seat was. | 但增加了有人坐在副驾驶位的可能性 |
[14:03] | Which brings us to the prints. | 因此我们去调查了指纹 |
[14:04] | Now,Neville’s left thumb print was on both the driver and passenger seat belt release button. | 在驾驶位和副驾驶位的安全带 释放按钮上都有Neville左拇指指纹 |
[14:09] | Well,he certainly could’ve been a passenger in his own car at another time other than the accident. | 在车祸外的某个时间 他当然可能坐在副驾驶位上 |
[14:13] | Yes,he could and I thought about that but… | 是 他可以 我也想过 但是… |
[14:16] | This is Talmadge Neville’s thumb print lifted from the driver’s side release button. | 这是从驾驶位的释放按钮上提取的 Talmadge Neville拇指指纹 |
[14:20] | Now,based on the position of the apex and the delta points, | 基于顶点和三角点的位置 |
[14:23] | it appears that Neville released the belt from the passenger seat. | 显示Neville是从副驾驶位放开的安全带 |
[14:26] | But there is another possibility. | 但也有另外一个可能 |
[14:28] | He could have used his left hand from the driver’s seat. | 他可能是从驾驶位用的左手 |
[14:31] | Doc,I thought about that,too. | 医生 我也这么想过 |
[14:32] | But why would he reach all the way across his body and turn his thumb 180 degrees to releasthe button? | 但他为什么要拇指转180度 绕到身体右侧来按钮呢? |
[14:37] | I mean,it’s an unnatural action. | 这个动作很不自然 |
[14:39] | But easily accomplished from the passenger seat. | 但从副驾驶位上就很容易完成 |
[14:42] | Leads me to conclude that Neville released that belt to let someone else out. | 我得出个结论 Neville放开安全带让别人离开 |
[14:50] | There was no one else in that car. | 车里没有其他人 |
[14:52] | I struggled with my seat belt. | 我的安全带不怎么好解开 |
[14:54] | I panicked,couldn’t get out. | 我很惊慌 没法打开它 |
[14:57] | The evidence doesn’t suggest that. | 证据可不是这么说的 |
[15:00] | Your thumb pressed that button once and lifted. | 你的拇指按了一下纽就放开了 |
[15:02] | You had no problem releasing the belt. | 放开安全带你完全没有问题 |
[15:05] | And the direction of the print implies that you weren’t in the driver’s seat. | 而指纹的方向暗示你不在驾驶位 |
[15:09] | Why would I lie? What would I gain? | 我为什么要撒谎? 我有什么好处? |
[15:11] | I am now and forever an ex-con. Unemployable,unreliable,unworthy. | 我现在是而且永远是前科犯 没有工作 没人相信 一文不值 |
[15:19] | It doesn’t sound like something a man chooses if he’s got an ounce of common sense. | 如果一个人有那么点常识 就不会选择这条路 |
[15:28] | You see that vendor there? | 你看到那里那个小贩了吗? |
[15:31] | That was my life before all this happened. | 这就是那一切发生前我的生活 |
[15:35] | I was a single father,working 10,12 hours a day,seven days a week, | 我是个单身父亲 一天工作10,12个小时 一周七天 |
[15:41] | peddling dogs and pretzels,earning an honest living for my kids. | 卖热狗和脆饼 为了我的孩子规规矩矩挣钱 |
[15:46] | My son,Joe,is now a professor. | 我儿子 Joe现在是个教授 |
[15:50] | And my daughter,Karita,she’s a surgeon. | 而我女儿 Karita 是个外科医生 |
[15:54] | And wouldn’t you like them to know the truth? | 你就不想告诉他们真相? |
[15:58] | Were you in the car with someone you shouldn’t have been? | 是不是你和某个不该在一起的人同车? |
[16:02] | Were you or your family threatened if you didn’t keep this secret,Talmadge? | 如果你泄密 是否你或你家人 就收到威胁 Talmadge? |
[16:08] | When you were in Rikers,you refused to have any other visirs except one. | 当你在Rikers的时候 你拒绝见任何访客 除了一个人 |
[16:13] | Nick Donley. | |
[16:14] | He’s head of the Local 515,the City Sidewalk Cart Union. | 他是515区的地头蛇 城市人行道手推车联盟 |
[16:17] | I wanted to know what would happen to my business. | 我想知道我的生意会怎么样 |
[16:20] | He’s also a pretty tough guy who shakes down vendors for a cut. | 他是个相当不好对付的人 会勒索那些小贩 |
[16:27] | Haven’t seen you in a while,Talmadge. | 有段时间没看到你了 Talmadge |
[16:28] | I been busy. | 我很忙 |
[16:30] | What do you say we take a ride? | 我们一起兜个风怎么样? |
[16:32] | Hey,look,Nick,I’m really tired,now. You know,I’ve had a long day. | 嘿 听着 Nick 我真得很累了 我忙了整整一天 |
[16:35] | I’ll tell you what. I’ll drive. You listen. | 我告诉你 我开车 你听 |
[16:43] | Nick was not in the car. | Nick不在车里 |
[16:45] | Then who was? | 那么是谁? |
[16:46] | You weren’t behind the wheel of the car that hit Maris Donovan. | 撞到Maris Donovan时 不是你在开车 |
[16:52] | The right person should be punished for the crime. | 犯罪的人应该受到惩罚 |
[17:01] | The debt has been paid. | 有人已经付出代价了 |
[17:05] | Unfortunately,Talmadge,that’s not a decision you get to make. | 不幸的是 Talmadge 那不是你能决定的 |
[17:18] | Yeah,I need to order a dozen roses. | 是的 我需要订一打玫瑰 |
[17:20] | Delivered tonight after 5:00. | 今晚5:00以后送到 |
[17:22] | White. | 白色 |
[17:30] | Do they really think that I’m just going to walk this baby right out of me? | 他们真得认为我走走路 孩子就能生下来了? |
[17:34] | Why can’t I be one of those women who just sneezes and bere you can say,God bless you,she’s had the baby? | 干嘛我不能成为那种只要打个喷嚏 就能顺利生下孩子的女人 |
[17:41] | Think of what you’d miss out on. | 想想你遗漏的东西 |
[17:43] | Reminding your child of all those long,painful hours of labor that you endured to bring them into this world. | 提醒你孩子牢记这段漫长 痛苦的 你把他们带到这个世界的生育过程 |
[17:48] | I guess I could get some mileage out of that. | 我在生之前还要走好长一段路呢 |
[17:55] | I’m kinda scared,Stella. | 我有点害怕 Stella |
[17:58] | That’s normal,Lindsay. | 那很正常 Lindsay |
[18:00] | Just remember,you’re healthy and strong. | 只要记住 你很健康很强壮 |
[18:02] | You and Danny went through all the courses. | 你和Danny经历了所有的曲折 |
[18:04] | Yeah,no,I don’t mean about having the baby. | 是啊 不 我不是说生孩子的事 |
[18:06] | About beining a mom. | 而是做母亲的事 |
[18:09] | I mean,what if I stink at it? | 我是说 如果我做得很差劲怎么办? |
[18:11] | And the worse part is I won’t know until it’s too late. | 更糟的是在事情无法挽回前 我都不会知道 |
[18:14] | She’ll come home,she’ll scream that she hates me, | 她回到家尖叫着她恨我 |
[18:18] | then in rebellion she’ll get some part of her body pierced that’s inappropriate. | 在身上不合适的地方穿孔 以示叛逆 |
[18:21] | And she’ll get an infection,and she’ll wind up on antibiotics which we find out 12 years later | 然后她受到感染 要使用12年后 我们才会发现的抗生素 |
[18:26] | they cause an eating disorder and pretty soon I’m in therapy trying to save my whole family. | 它们会引起食欲紊乱 为挽救我的家庭 我得参加治疗 |
[18:30] | I mean,what if some people just aren’t cut out to be parents? | 有人就是没法做好父母怎么办? |
[18:34] | Well,the fact that you already thought about all this,tells me that you’re gonna do just fine,Linds. | 事实上 你已经考虑过这些问题了 这说明你会做好的 Linds |
[18:40] | I’m losing it,huh? | 我有点情绪失控了 是吗? |
[18:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:45] | Oh,contraction. | 宫缩了 |
[18:50] | What if she has twins,Adam? | 如果她怀的是双胞胎呢 Adam? |
[18:52] | I mean,you hear stories about people being completely surprised. | 你也听到过这样的事情 那些人吃惊得要命 |
[18:54] | And you’ve seen Lindsay,right? I mean,she’s huge. | 还有你也看到Lindsay了 对吗? 她的肚子那么大 |
[18:58] | She knows it. | 她自己知道 |
[19:00] | Relax,you got the ultrasound. | 放松 你们照过超声波的 |
[19:02] | It’s not twins,all right? | 不是双胞胎 好吧? |
[19:03] | You gonna be okay? | 你会好起来的? |
[19:04] | No,no,I’m not. | 不 不 我不会 |
[19:06] | Feel like I might go into cardiac arrest while she’s giving birth. | 感觉她生产时 我也许会心脏病发作 |
[19:10] | Mac,you’re here. | Mac 你来了 |
[19:12] | No,no,she hasn’t yet. | 不 不 还没生呢 |
[19:15] | Oh,we’re on the fourth floor. | 我们在四楼 |
[19:19] | All right,I’ll be right there. | 好的 我就在这儿 |
[19:27] | My daughter,Karita,she’s a surgeon. | 我女儿 Karita 她是个外科医生 |
[19:31] | Dr. Karita Neville,please report to the second floor nurses station,Tower Two. | Karita Neville医生 请到2号楼 2楼的护士站报道 |
[19:45] | Is that a picture for your grandma? | 这是给你奶奶画的吗? |
[19:47] | Beautiful,I like that. | 很漂亮 我喜欢 |
[19:48] | Okay,well,I’ll see you later. | 好的 我们呆会见 |
[19:59] | She was driving the car. | 是她开的车 |
[20:11] | You’re sure it was Dr. Neville? | 你确定那是Neville医生? |
[20:12] | Positive,I remember her face. | 肯定 我记得她的脸 |
[20:14] | She was at the accident scene. | 她就在车祸现场 |
[20:16] | That’s who Talmadge Neville was protecting,his daughter. | 那就是Talmadge Neville要保护的人 他女儿 |
[20:19] | She had to be the one driving the car,not him. | 是她开的车 而不是他 |
[20:20] | And then she just blended into the crowd and watched as he took the fall? | 然后她就混入人群 看着他替她受过? |
[20:24] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么要这么做呢? |
[20:26] | It’s possible that they traded places because she had more to lose if she was behind the wheel of the car. | 很可能他们换了位子 如果是她开车 她会失去更多 |
[20:33] | I remember Flack saying that someone tried to revive the victim before the paramedics arrived. | 我记得Flack说救护车来前 有人试图救治受害者 |
[20:38] | Is it possible that it was Karita Neville? | 有没有可能是Karita Neville? |
[20:40] | I mean,she is a doctor. | 她是个医生 |
[20:41] | Maybe there’s something in Sid’s autopsy report of Maris Donovan that can confirm that. | 也许Sid的Maris Donovan尸检报告 能证明这一点 |
[20:46] | Well,we know she was there. You can ID her. | 好吧 我们知道她在那儿 你可以指认她 |
[20:49] | Yeah,but we need something that puts her at the scene very close to the time of the accident. | 但是我们需要确定 在车祸发生这段时间 她就在现场 |
[20:52] | Something thatays there was no other place she could have been except in that car. | 能有证据说明 除了在车里 她当时不可能在其他地方 |
[21:17] | We should go,Mrs. Donovan. | 我们应该走了 Donovan太太 |
[21:20] | How much time will he get? | 他会判多久? |
[21:23] | Talmadge Neville. | |
[21:26] | Most likely he’ll be charged with second degree manslaughter. | 很可能他会被判二级非预谋杀人罪 |
[21:32] | Time he serves will be up to the judge. | 刑期就要看法官的了 |
[21:35] | Meaning he could simply get probation and his license revoked? | 就是说他很容易获得假释 拿回自己的驾照? |
[21:41] | Mr. Neville’s been very cooperative. He’s remorseful. | Neville先生很合作 他非常懊悔 |
[21:44] | – This whole thing– – Yes,I know,it was an accident. | – 这整件事– – 是的 我知道 是次事故 |
[21:47] | Everybody keeps saying it was an accident. | 每个人都在说这是次事故 |
[21:51] | Just doesn’t feel like that on this side of the glass. | 但他们体验不到站在玻璃这边的感受 |
[21:56] | Oh,that man was stupid and reckless. | 那个人愚蠢而且鲁莽 |
[22:00] | In one split second,he took my daughter’s life. | 就那么短短一秒钟 他要了我女儿的命 |
[22:04] | And he has to live with that. | 他一辈子都要为此受折磨 |
[22:10] | Unfortunately,so do I. | 不幸的是 我也是 |
[22:18] | Mac. | |
[22:21] | Did you need something? | 需要我帮忙吗? |
[22:23] | Uh,I was wondering if you could pull an old autopsyile. | 我找你帮忙调出一份旧的解剖报告 |
[22:30] | Maris Donovan. | Maris Donovan的 |
[22:31] | Came in here about two years ago. | 大概是2年之前的 |
[22:36] | You working on your day off? | 你休假日还工作? |
[22:38] | Why is it that everyone is so concerned with what I do on my day off? | 干嘛大家都这么关心我休假日做什么? |
[22:41] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吧? |
[22:42] | I mean,come on,you never take a day off. | 拜托 你从来没有休过假 |
[22:45] | Yes,all right. | 好吧 有道理 |
[22:46] | The file? | 报告呢? |
[22:47] | It’s taking a minute to come up. | 得一分钟才能启动 |
[22:50] | You looking for something specific? | 你在找某个特定的死者吗? |
[22:51] | Maris Donovan. | |
[22:53] | Car accident victim,16 years old. Two years ago. | 车祸受害人 16岁 两年前的案子 |
[22:56] | Was there anything to suggest that she was alive for even a few minutes at the scene of the car accident? | 有没有任何证据显示她在车祸后 还有生命迹象 哪怕几分钟也行? |
[23:01] | I don’t recall. | 我不记得了 |
[23:03] | However… different monitor,different equipment. | 不过…不同的显示器 不同的设备 |
[23:07] | I have a database of CT scans… | 这里是所有CT扫描的数据库… |
[23:11] | and I’m quite sure I have one for Maris Donovan. | 我肯定有Maris Donovan的 |
[23:16] | Yeah,it’s coming back to me now. | 现在我想起来了 |
[23:18] | I believe I noted that the bruises here were inconsistent with the accident injuries. | 我记得我在这里发现了 与事故伤口不符的瘀伤 |
[23:24] | But… because they are red in color,I can conclude that they occurred very close to death. | 但是…由于它们是红色的 我肯定是临近死亡时产生的 |
[23:31] | Placement on the body and the size are consistent with compression marks? | 位置和大小显示是挤压痕迹 |
[23:34] | Yes,someone could have attempted CPR, | 没错 应该是有人实施了心肺复苏术 |
[23:37] | but they must have been there right after impact, | 不过应该是撞击后立刻实施的 |
[23:40] | because,based on these other injuries,Maris Donovan didn’t live very long after the accident. | 因为基于其他伤痕看来 Maris Donovan事故之后很快就死了 |
[23:44] | Karita Neville is a doctor. | Karita Neville就是医生 |
[23:45] | She may be the one who assisted the victim at the crime scene,and your time line just might put her in the car. | 她也许就是在现场抢救死者的人 你给的时间线恰好证明当时她就在车上 |
[23:52] | All right,autopsy report. | 好了 尸检报告出来了 |
[23:54] | Strange. Yours is the second request for this particular case this week. | 奇怪 你是本周第2个申请调出该档案的人 |
[23:58] | That rarely happens for one this old. | 对于一个陈年旧案来说真是少见 |
[24:00] | Who made the first request? | 是谁第一个申请的? |
[24:02] | Usually,it includes a name,but this says “Confidential.” | 通常都要登记名字 不过这次却写着”机密” |
[24:08] | My father was in that accident. | 那场事故牵涉到了我父亲 |
[24:09] | And so were you,Dr. Neville. | 你也是 Neville |
[24:11] | You switched places. | 你们交换了座位 |
[24:12] | There was much more risk for you to be behind the wheel than your father, | 如果是你开车 比你父亲开车罪更大 |
[24:15] | because eight years ago,you were charged with a DWI. | 因为8年前 你曾因为醉酒驾驶被起诉 |
[24:18] | With one more conviction,you could face 15 years. | 要是再出事 你会坐15年牢 |
[24:26] | Detective,I’m going to say this one last time. | 警官 我最后再重申一遍 |
[24:30] | I wasn’t in that car. | 我当时不在车里 |
[24:31] | Now,I have patients. | 现在我还有病人 |
[24:33] | I’m in awe of your unwavering commitment to the lie. | 我实在是佩服 你能面不改色心不跳地撒谎 |
[24:36] | Can’t imagine what it was like to watch your father cuffed and later locked up, | 无法想象看着自己父亲被拷上手铐 关进监狱 是种什么感觉 |
[24:40] | knowing the whole time that it should have been you. | 你自始至终都知道 应该由你承担责任 |
[24:43] | 15 months were added to his sentence for being accused of texting while driving, | 他被指控驾驶时发短信 又多坐了15个月牢 |
[24:48] | only he was texting from the passenger seat. | 事实上他只是坐在副驾驶位上发短信 |
[24:52] | I’m just curious. | 我只是好奇 |
[24:54] | Was there a moment that you ever felt guilty? | 你是否有一刻感觉到歉疚? |
[24:57] | The debt has been paid. | 债已经还清了 |
[24:59] | No,Dr. Neville. | 没有 Neville医生 |
[25:01] | No debt is paid when the wrong person is convicted. | 债还没有还清 因为真正做错事的人 没有被绳之于法 |
[25:08] | I don’t want you to forget my name. | 我希望你记住我的名字 |
[25:11] | You’re going to be seeing me again. | 我们还会再见的 |
[25:24] | Mrs. Donovan,we believe it was Karita Neville who was behind the wheel of the car that killed your daughter | Donovan夫人 我们相信是Karita Neville开车撞死了你女儿 |
[25:30] | and not her father Talmadge Neville. | 而不是她的父亲 Talmadge Neville |
[25:33] | I’m sorry,I don’t understand. | 不好意思 我不明白 |
[25:36] | How do you expla this? | 你该如何解释这一切? |
[25:37] | And why didn’t you know this then? | 当时你们怎么没有发现? |
[25:38] | Well,I’d like to discuss the details of our investigation,but I’m… | 我会和调查组重新讨论细节 不过我… |
[25:42] | You’re starting a new investigation? | 你们重新调查了? |
[25:44] | Yes,yes. That’s why I’m here. | 没错 这就是我来这里的原因 |
[25:46] | I wanted to tell you personally. | 我想亲自告诉你 |
[25:48] | It’s been two years. | 都已经两年了 |
[25:49] | That man spent 18 months in prison. | 那个人在牢里关了18个月 |
[25:51] | I know that none of this is easy to hear,and revisiting what happened all over again… | 我知道这一切非常令人难以接受 再次回忆起当时的情景… |
[25:55] | I won’t do it. | 我做不了 |
[25:59] | I can’t do it,Detective. | 我做不到 警官 |
[26:03] | I’m still waiting for the morning when I no longer believe I hear Maris singing in the shower down the hall. | 即使知道Maris再不会在楼下洗澡时唱歌 我仍然期待每一个清晨的到来 |
[26:12] | Well,thanks for the information. | 谢谢你告诉我这消息 |
[26:15] | I would prefer that you involve me as little as possible. | 如果你能尽量不来找我 我会很感激 |
[26:19] | I’m sorry to rush you out,but I have a meeting. | 很抱歉我得送客了 我还要开会 |
[26:24] | Of course. | 好的 |
[26:37] | Flack,see if you can track down Neville. | Flack 能找到Neville吗? |
[26:41] | I think he’d be interested in what we know. | 我想他会对我们的新发现感兴趣的 |
[26:52] | Talmadge Neville,NYPD! | Talmadge Neville 纽约警局! |
[26:54] | Go ahead. | 上 |
[26:58] | We’re clear. | 安全 |
[26:59] | We’re clear over here. | 这里也安全 |
[27:21] | Hey,how’s Lindsay? | Lindsay怎么样了? |
[27:21] | Seven hours and counting. | 倒计时7小时中 |
[27:23] | She dilated past one centimeter yet? | 她子宫开口已超过1厘米了? |
[27:26] | That’s kind of a personal question,Adam. | 这问题也太那个了吧 Adam |
[27:28] | Oh,sorry. I-I just have 18 hours and 15 minutes in the hours of labor office pool. | 不好意思 我已在实验室呆了18小时15分钟了 |
[27:33] | 600 bucks on the line,yo. | 赚了600块啦 |
[27:37] | What’s up with the bike pedal? | 那个自行车踏板是怎么回事? |
[27:39] | Flack found it at Neville’s apartment. | Flack在Neville公寓找到的 |
[27:42] | What was strange,though,is that it was wrapped in copies of Maris Donovan’s autopsy report, | 奇怪的是 它被Maris Donovan尸检报告包住 |
[27:46] | and it was painted completely white. | 还被涂成了全白色 |
[27:50] | Analysis of the paint says it’s pretty heavy duty. | 油漆分析显示是很厚很浓的漆 |
[27:53] | Yeah,it’s something you would use to paint the exterior of a house. | 没错 是用来刷房子外墙的油漆 |
[27:59] | There’s a void on the spindle threads. | 轴上没有油漆 |
[28:01] | Suggests that it was still attached when it was painted. | 就是说上漆时 踏板应该连在车上 |
[28:04] | But if that’s the case,there should be some kind of wear pattern from a shoe. | 但如果这样的话 这里应该有鞋印 |
[28:07] | But there’s barely a scratch. | 居然连划痕都没有 |
[28:08] | Means nobody rode it. | 说明根本没有人骑过 |
[28:12] | You said that Flack found this at Talmadge Neville’s apartment? | 你说这是Flack在Talmadge Neville公寓找到的? |
[28:15] | Yep. Just the pedal,no bike. | 没错 只有踏板 没有车 |
[28:19] | Ghost riders. | 是幽灵骑士 |
[28:22] | Ghost riders. Follow me. | 幽灵骑士 跟我来 |
[28:25] | Those bikes are all over the city. | 那种车到处都是 |
[28:27] | They’re in memory of people who lost their lives in bike accidents. | 为了纪念那些因自行车事故丧生的人们 |
[28:30] | They’re called ghost riders. | 被称作 幽灵骑士 |
[28:31] | Somebody died in a bike accident down there? | 有人就在楼下因为骑车出车祸死了? |
[28:33] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[28:35] | And I’d be willing to bet that the pedal in our lab is from a bike in memory of Maris Donovan. | 我打赌我们找到的那个踏板 是来自纪念Maris Donovan的自行车 |
[28:41] | Somebody didn’t want Talmadge Neville to forget why he spent the last 18 months in prison. | 有人不希望Talmadge Neville忘记 他为何会坐了18个月的牢 |
[28:49] | You asked to see us,and we’re here,so…? | 你要求见我们 我们来了 你…? |
[28:53] | You know this guy? | 你们认识这人吗? |
[28:55] | What about him? | 怎么了? |
[28:55] | He should be lying in an alley right now with a bullet between his eyes. | 他本该眉间中弹 伏尸某条小巷 |
[28:59] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[29:00] | And how do you know that? | 你怎么会知道的? |
[29:01] | You were gonna do him,weren’t you? | 你本来要去杀他 是吗? |
[29:04] | So what’s your beef with Talmadge Neville? | 你和Talmadge Neville有什么仇? |
[29:06] | Let’s just say I’m a guy with a specific skill set. | 这么说吧 我身怀绝技 |
[29:09] | And I got the constitution to commit acts that other people don’t have the courage to. | 我有能力去完成有些人自己不敢做的事情 |
[29:13] | You’re a hit man. | 你是杀手 |
[29:14] | I’m not familiar with that term. | 这个称呼我可不熟悉 |
[29:15] | Sorry,contract killer. Is that what you prefer to put on your business cards? | 不好意思 合约杀手 你是不是更喜欢你的名片上这样写? |
[29:19] | I’m not interested in playing games,Mr. Desoto. | 我不喜欢绕来绕去的 Desoto先生 |
[29:21] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里的目的是什么? |
[29:22] | My client had a change of heart. | 我的客户改变心意了 |
[29:24] | Who’s your client? | 你的客户是谁? |
[29:25] | An hour ago,I received word that the new beneficiary of my services is supposed to be this girl right here. | 一小时前 我收到通知 说我的目标应该是这个女孩 |
[29:34] | Something tells me your client wasn’t the only one that had a change of heart. | 好像改变心意的不只是你的客户吧 |
[29:38] | No women,no children. | 我不杀女人 不杀小孩 |
[29:40] | A hit man with a code of ethics. How noble. | 一个有道德准则的杀手 真高尚啊 |
[29:42] | Who hired you,Mr. Desoto? | 是谁雇佣的你 Desoto先生? |
[29:44] | Don’t know her name. | 我不知道她的名字 |
[29:45] | How about a description? | 长相如何? |
[29:46] | Female,late 40s. | 女的 四十好几了 |
[29:48] | I had a meeting with her once. | 我和她见了一次 |
[29:50] | She was wearing sunglasses and a wig. | 她戴着太阳镜和假发 |
[29:52] | If you find her,don’t go asking me to come pick her out of a lineup, | 你们找到她的话 不要指望我来认人 |
[29:56] | ’cause I pretty much got “I don’t recall” down pat. | 我可是很会玩”我记不清了”那一套的 |
[29:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:00] | You’ve done the right thing here. | 你做了正确的事 |
[30:01] | Hey,look,I didn’t come in here for a pat on the back,Detective. | 听着 我来这里可不是为了受表扬的 警官 |
[30:04] | This woman’s desperate. | 这个女人已经不顾一切了 |
[30:05] | I get the feeling,with or without me,she’s gonna get this done. | 我能感觉 无论有没有我 她都要完成这事 |
[30:18] | Just checked with the hospital. | 刚和医院联系过 |
[30:19] | Karita Neville finished her shift two hours ago. | Karita Neville两个小时前下班了 |
[30:22] | I left a message with the answering service. | 我留了言给她 |
[30:23] | We’ve tried her cell and home phone,haven’t gotten an answer. | 我们打了她手机和家里电话 都没有回音 |
[30:25] | Just keep calling. | 继续打 |
[30:26] | Flack has uniforms at Neville’s apartment. | Flack在Neville的公寓找到了制服 |
[30:28] | We checked in with his parole officer,and Neville never indicated | 我们和他的假释官谈过 Neville从未提过别的 |
[30:30] | what he had planned for the day except to say he would look for a job. | 不过他说他要找个工作 |
[30:33] | He used to be a street vendor. | 他以前是个街头小贩 |
[30:34] | See if he’s tried to contact any of those companies or Nick Donley about work. | 查下他有没有联系那些中介公司 或是Nick Donley 讨论工作 |
[30:38] | Let’s also try to contact his cell mate at Rikers. | 也联系下他在Rikers岛的狱友 |
[30:41] | See if Neville mentioned any special plans. | 看看Neville是否提过什么特别的计划 |
[30:43] | Mac,female prints I lifted on the photo of Karita Neville didn’t get any hits in AFIS so no ID. | Mac 在Karita Neville照片上找到的指纹 在指纹库找不到匹配 身份不明 |
[30:48] | But they were a match to the prints I found on the autopsy report recovered in Neville’s apartment. | 但和在Neville公寓发现的 尸检报告上的指纹相吻合 |
[30:54] | Easy to put two and two together. | 这两件事必然有关联 |
[30:56] | Only this time,it adds up to one. | 只是这次结果只有一个 |
[31:13] | Are Talmadge and Karita Neville alive,Mrs. Donovan? | Talmadge和Karita Neville还活着吗 Donovan夫人? |
[31:18] | That’s an odd question to ask me. | 你问我这问题可太突兀了 |
[31:21] | Are they safe? | 他们安全吗? |
[31:26] | Those flowers are from a friend. | 那些花是一个朋友送的 |
[31:28] | He was supposed to do me a favor. | 他本来该替我做件事的 |
[31:31] | But he couldn’t. | 但他没法做 |
[31:34] | Turns out,I didn’t need it done anyway. | 结果到头来 我也用不着做了 |
[31:47] | I know about grief,Katherine. | 我知道悲痛欲绝是什么滋味 Katherine |
[31:51] | About losing someone you care about. | 失去你关爱之人的滋味 |
[31:55] | I lost everything when I lost her. | 没了她 我一切都没了 |
[32:01] | Make sure to get brown and white rice in the bag. | 记得买袋装糙米和精米回来 |
[32:03] | And don’t stop for any junk food,Maris. | 别去买垃圾食品 Maris |
[32:05] | I got it,Mom. | 知道啦 妈 |
[32:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:07] | Be caref. I lo you. | 小心点 我爱你 |
[32:09] | Mom,I’m just going around the corner. | 妈 我就骑到街角 |
[32:14] | It’s been two years. It still hurts so badly! | 过去2年了 想起来还是痛彻心扉! |
[32:22] | I lost my wife on 9/11. | 911中我失去了我太太 |
[32:30] | Some days… it seems like it was so long ago. | 有时候… 似乎这些事过去很久了 |
[32:36] | Others… like it was just yesterday. | 其他时候… 一切似乎恍如昨日 |
[32:41] | I wish I could promise that you’d stop missing Maris, | 我希望我能保证你 你不会再思念Maris |
[32:46] | hearing her voice or imagining she’ll be there when you get home,but… I can’t. | 不再听到她的声音 或想象你回家时 她还在家中 但… 我没法保证你 |
[32:53] | I’m so ashamed that I let this consume me. | 我很惭愧 全然被悲恸给吞噬了 |
[32:56] | I’m so afraid that if I stop thinking about it,it’ll be like I forgot her. | 我怕要是我不想这些 就好像我忘记她存在过一样 |
[33:18] | But you came here for another reason. | 但你是为别的事来这的 |
[33:21] | So what now,Detective? | 现在怎么办 警探? |
[33:26] | Compassion. | 怜悯 |
[33:31] | Grief is an emotion that can force a good and decent person tmake a very,very bad decision. | 悲恸这种情感 能令善良正直者 做出非常非常糟糕的决策 |
[33:46] | And knowing that,I have a choice to make. | 因为深知这一点 所以我要做出选择 |
[33:53] | I can do everything I can to prove that you were involved in a conspiracy to commit murder. | 我可以尽力证明你涉嫌意图谋杀 |
[34:01] | Right now,I have no witness,no paper trail,no confession. | 到目前为止 没有目击证人 没有书面证据 没人坦白认罪 |
[34:08] | Or… I can show a little compassion. | 或者… 我对你有些许怜悯之情 |
[34:23] | Are you sure I deserve that courtesy,Detective? | 你认为我值得你这番好意吗 警探? |
[34:30] | I believe Maris’ mother deserves it. | 我相信Maris的母亲值得 |
[34:37] | However,I want to be clear. | 不过 我要说明 |
[34:39] | If you violate the law in any way,I will,without hesitation,gather all the proof I need | 如果你有任何违法行为 我会毫不迟疑收集一切必需证据 |
[34:48] | to prosecute you for this offense to the full letter of the law,you understand? | 起诉你违反法律 你明白吗? |
[34:58] | That,Katherine,I can promise. | 这一点 Katherine 我能保证 |
[35:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:12] | Still no Talmadge Neville. | 还没有找到Talmadge Neville |
[35:14] | I was about to report the same thing about his daughter,but… | 我本来打算跟你说 她女儿也没消息 不过… |
[35:19] | I’ll tell you everything you want to know. | 我把一切都告诉你 |
[35:22] | I’ll tell you the truth. | 我来告诉你真相 |
[35:27] | Your brother even whines in his text messages. | 你哥他连短信里都在抱怨 |
[35:30] | He says,”It was not fair.” | 他说”这不公平” |
[35:32] | Is he crazy? | 他疯了吗? |
[35:34] | You tell him I don’t care how much more money I make. He owes me. | 告诉他 不管我挣多少钱 他都欠我 |
[35:37] | He lost that Super Bowl bet. | 超级杯的赌他输了 |
[35:45] | K,you good? | K 你没事吧? |
[35:46] | Yeah,I think so. | 嗯 我想没事 |
[35:47] | We gotta get out of the car. | 我们得快从车里出来 |
[35:48] | Dad,there’s a girl in the street. I think she’s hurt. | 爸 街上有个女孩 我想她受伤了 |
[35:50] | Come on. Get out. Get out. Come on. Get out of here. Get out of here. You gotta leave. | 快 出来 出来 快点 快出来 快点出来 你快走 |
[35:54] | Oh,but Dad,she’s hurt. | 但爸爸 她受伤了 |
[35:55] | This is an accident that can ruin everything you worked for! | 这场意外足以毁了你辛苦换来的一切! |
[35:57] | Get out of here! Get out of here now! Go,go,go,now,now! | 快出来! 出来! 快快快 赶紧的! |
[36:02] | No,no! | 不 不! |
[36:04] | I-I can’t,I can’t tell if she’s breathing! | 我-不 不确定她是不是还有呼吸 |
[36:06] | I don’t know if she’s alive! | 我不知道她是不是还活着! |
[36:12] | It was so stupid,I know. | 这么做太蠢了 我知道 |
[36:15] | But I was just doing what my father asked. | 但我只是照我父亲要求的去做 |
[36:19] | I was scared. We both were. | 我怕极了 我们都怕极了 |
[36:23] | But you were at the scene when we arrived. | 但我们到时你在现场 |
[36:25] | I just couldn’t leave her there. | 我就是没法丢下她 |
[36:29] | Your instincts as a doctor took over. | 你医生的本能占了上风 |
[36:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:33] | So I returned as if I hadn’t been there at all. | 所以我回去了 像是刚到的样子 |
[36:38] | And I offered my help before the paramedics arrived. | 在急救人员抵达前 我先尽力施救了 |
[36:40] | And my father and I just pretended we didn’t know each other. | 我父亲和我 装作彼此互不认识 |
[36:45] | Why? Why lie? Why trade places,Karita? | 为什么? 为什么要撒谎? 为什么说开车的是你爸 Karita? |
[36:50] | We had spent the evening at this restaurant celebrating the end of my residency. | 我们那晚在餐厅庆祝我实习期结束了 |
[36:55] | You’d had a couple of drinks? | 那你喝酒了? |
[36:56] | One glass of wine. | 就喝了杯红酒 |
[36:58] | I swear to you,I wasn’t drunk. | 我发誓 我没喝醉 |
[37:01] | My father would never have let me drive. | 不然我父亲也不会让我开车的 |
[37:05] | Despite that,he just couldn’t take the chance. | 尽管如此 他还是不敢冒这个险 |
[37:10] | He was afraid your prior DWI would influence the judge and ultimately your conviction. | 他怕你之前酒后驾驶的记录 会影响法官 最终影响判罚 |
[37:16] | So he claimed to be driving the car. | 所以他说是他开的车 |
[37:21] | He didn’t have much faith in the truth. | 他对说出事实没有信心 |
[37:24] | I begged him for days after just let me take responsibility for what I’d done. | 我后来求了他好几天 说我要为自己的所作所为承担责任 |
[37:31] | But he said we were in too deep. | 但他说我们已经没有回头路了 |
[37:34] | He still believes to this day that it was the right thing to do. | 他仍坚信那天的决定是正确的 |
[37:39] | Greater good,Karita,he says. | 为了更重要的利益 Karita 他说 |
[37:43] | Greater good! | 为了更重要的利益 |
[37:53] | Dano,Dano,how’s Lindsay doing? | 丹丹 丹丹 Lindsay怎样了? |
[37:58] | You gotta be kidding me. | 开什么玩笑 |
[38:00] | Is that her I hear screaming in the background? | 边上在叫的那个是不是她? |
[38:03] | Yeah,yeah,all right. All right,daddy. | 是 是 好的 好的 孩子他爹 |
[38:06] | I’ll talk to you later. Take care,bud,bye. | 等会儿再说 辛苦了 哥们 拜 |
[38:09] | Detective Flack? | Flack警探? |
[38:12] | Mr. Neville. | Neville先生 |
[38:13] | I understand you have something that belongs to me,and I was wondering if I could get it back. | 我知道你那儿有属于我的东西 我想把它要回来 |
[38:37] | Need some help? | 要帮忙吗? |
[38:40] | I thought I was rid of you. | 我以为已经把你甩掉了 |
[38:42] | I wanted to say I’m sorry. | 我想跟你说声对不起 |
[38:43] | For what? | 为什么? |
[38:46] | That I can’t give you back those 18 months you spent in jail. | 因为我不能把你这18个月的时间还给你 |
[38:50] | I would have done it again all the same if I had to. | 就算重来一次 我也会这么做 |
[38:54] | Your daughter means the world to you. | 你女儿是你的一切 |
[38:56] | Oh,yeah. | 没错 |
[38:59] | And I’m sure Ms.Donovan felt that way about Maris. | 我相信Maris也是Donovan夫人的一切 |
[39:06] | Karita told us everything. | Karita都告诉我们了 |
[39:10] | What was it about the truth that scared you? | 据实以报有这么吓人? |
[39:13] | The odds. | 我们不能冒险 |
[39:15] | My daughter made a mistake. | 我女儿犯过一次错 |
[39:18] | DWI. One mistake. | 酒后驾驶 一次错误 |
[39:21] | No question she was wrong,but sometimes we’re not too forgiving. | 对 她是错了 但有时人们并不擅长宽恕别人 |
[39:27] | You can’t tell me that taking responsibility for that accident wouldn’t have chang things for her. | 你别不承认 如果她为那场意外负责 不会给她带来丝毫改变 |
[39:37] | I wanted to preserve what I had worked for all those years. | 我想保护我辛苦这么些年所做的努力 |
[39:40] | I wanted her to succeed. | 我想她获得成功 |
[39:44] | And she’s doing it. | 她正走在成功大道上 |
[39:47] | Only one regret… | 唯一懊悔的是… |
[39:53] | That this little girl lost her life that night. | 就是这个小女孩 在那晚失去了生命 |
[39:58] | So what happens to Karita now? | 现在 Karita会怎样? |
[40:03] | It was an accident,Neville. | 那是场意外 Neville |
[40:07] | Now that we know what really happened,no DA with an ounce of common sense will prosecute that case. | 现在真相大白了 有点常识的检察官 都不会起诉这案子 |
[40:20] | Greater good. | 为了更重要的利益 |
[40:48] | mac it’s time | Mac 是时候了 |
[41:24] | That’s okay. That’s okay. You’re doing great. | 很好 很好 你做得很好 |
[41:26] | You can do it,baby. Good! | 你可以的 宝贝 很好! |
[41:28] | – Breathe,breathe. – Good! | – 呼气 呼气 – 很好! |
[41:30] | – There we go! There we go! – Come on. Come on. You’re doing great. You’re doing great! | – 快了! 快了! – 加油 加油 你做得很好 做得很好! |
[41:32] | – Good job,Lindsay. Good job. Keep it up. Keep it up! – Hey,that’s it,baby! That’s it,sweetheart! | – 干得好 Lindsay 继续 继续! – 嘿 就这样 宝贝! 就这样 亲爱的! |
[41:37] | – Go ahead! Come on! – Breathe. | – 继续! 加油! – 呼气 |
[41:39] | – Come on! Push one more. Push! Come on! – Here we go! | – 加油! 再用力一次! 用力! 加油! – 快了! |
[41:42] | Good job,good job. There she is! There she is! | 做得好 做得好 看到她了! 看到她了! |
[41:44] | – Way to push,Lindsay. Keep it going. Come on. Here we go… – She’s beautiful. | – 用力 Lindsay 继续 加油 好了… – 她真美 |
[41:59] | Oh,hello. Oh,hello,sweetheart. | 你好呀 你好 亲爱的 |
[42:07] | Oh,Danny,I hate to admit it,but she looks just like you. | Danny 不得不说 她长得可真像你 |
[42:10] | Yes,that’s right,she’s a knockout. | 对 绝对的 她是美人胚子 |
[42:12] | How you holding up? | 你还好吧? |
[42:13] | I’m great. | 我很好 |
[42:14] | But she’s gonna be an only child ’cause I am never doing that again. | 但她是咱家的独苗了 我可不要再受这份罪了 |
[42:18] | Do you guys have a name? | 你们想好名字了吗? |
[42:19] | – Lydia. – Lucy. | |
[42:21] | Guess that’s a no. | 我想这说明还没想好 |
[42:25] | Mac,we did agree on one thing. | Mac 有件事我们达成共识了 |
[42:27] | We were hoping that you would consider being the godfather. | 我们希望你来做孩子的教父 |
[42:34] | Absolutely,yes. | 当然 没问题 |
[42:36] | Made him an offer he can’t refuse. | 令他无法拒绝的提议 |
[42:38] | You know,”Godfather,” that’s code word for diaper change,you know that? | 你知道”教父”是换尿布的暗号吧? 知道吗? |
[42:43] | Do I get to spoil her? | 我能宠坏她吗? |
[42:44] | I think Danny’s got that covered. | 我想Danny会先宠坏她的 |
[42:47] | Oh,we forgot about the oohs and ahs. | 忘记让你们呜哈的东西了 |
[42:50] | Okay,yes,yes,ready,everybody? | 好的 好的 大家准备好了没? |
[42:55] | And… | 还有… |
[42:59] | That’s nice. | 真漂亮 |
[43:01] | So cute. | 好可爱 |
[43:09] | CSI NY Season 05 Episode 23 |