时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | 6 months ago | 6个月之前 |
[00:23] | providence,rhode island | 罗德岛 普罗维登斯 |
[00:27] | philip,i tried,i’m so sorry,i’ll love you. | Philip 我尽力了 对不起 我爱你 |
[01:29] | Oh,God! | 噢 天哪! |
[01:30] | Carrie,no! | Carrie 不! |
[01:46] | Double lattes,hot and ready. | 双倍拿铁 新鲜烫手 |
[01:50] | Hey,what do you do,sugar in this? | 嘿 你在干嘛 要加方糖吗? |
[01:52] | Or yellow? | 还是加点黄糖? |
[01:53] | I have a better idea for a wakeup call. | 叫我起床还有更好的办法 |
[02:02] | Coffee’s gonna get cold. | 咖啡要凉了 |
[02:03] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[02:13] | That’s my phone,isn’t it? | 那是我的电话 不是吗? |
[02:15] | Damn it! | 见鬼! |
[02:17] | Better get that. | 最好还是接一下 |
[02:24] | Don’t make me cuff your other hand. | 别逼我把你另一只手也铐起来 |
[02:26] | That’s good work,Detective. | 干得不错啊 警探小姐 |
[02:30] | I got to get it,okay? | 我还是得接的 好吧? |
[02:34] | Flack. | |
[02:36] | Yeah,go ahead. | 说吧 |
[02:41] | Sure. Send it. | 没问题 发过来吧 |
[02:43] | What is it? | 什么情况? |
[02:44] | Homicide around the corner. | 街角有起凶杀案 |
[02:45] | Some guy e-mailed a photo to the precinct tip line. | 有人匿名发了张照片给辖区举报热线 |
[02:48] | Headquarters is forwarding it to me now. | 总部转发给我了 |
[02:56] | You got to go. | 你得走了 |
[02:58] | Yeah,huh? | 可不是吗? |
[03:03] | His name’s Marshall Baxter. | 他叫Marshall Baxter |
[03:04] | He works here at the theater’s vocal studio. | 他在这个剧院的声乐工作室工作 |
[03:07] | Picture and address were e-mailed to the precinct’s anonymous tip line. | 照片和地址发到了辖区的匿名举报热线 |
[03:11] | Traced the IP address to an internet cafe on the Upper West Side. | 查到IP地址在上西区的一个网吧 |
[03:14] | Got a uni headed over there now. | 刚派了一个警员过去调查 |
[03:18] | Looks like he took a bullet to the chest. | 看起来他胸部中了一枪 |
[03:19] | No stippling or GSR around the wound. | 伤口周围没有斑点或火药残留物 |
[03:22] | Medium range. | 中距离开枪 |
[03:23] | No sign of a gun. | 附近找不到枪 |
[03:27] | What kind of killer photographs his crime and then e-mails it to the cops? | 怎样的凶手会拍下犯罪现场并发给警察? |
[03:31] | A showoff. | 为了炫耀 |
[03:33] | Someone who thinks he’s smarter than us. | 觉得自己比我们聪明的人 |
[03:37] | We’re about to prove him wrong. | 我们就来证明他想错了 |
[04:19] | CSI NY Season 05 Episode 20 | |
[05:03] | 86 degrees. | 86度(约30摄氏度) |
[05:04] | Puts TOD roughly eight hours ago. | 死亡时间大概是8小时之前 |
[05:06] | Right around midnight. | 午夜时分 |
[05:09] | Did you get anything? | 有什么发现吗? |
[05:11] | No prints in the door handle. | 门把手上没有指纹 |
[05:17] | Looks like someone threw a punch right into this wall. | 看上去有人使劲往墙上砸了一拳 |
[05:22] | No bruises or lacerations on our vic’s hands. | 死者手上没有淤青和伤口 |
[05:36] | Killer took the photo from right about here. | 凶手大概在这个位置拍的照片 |
[05:41] | Hey,Mac,this is James Copeland. | 嘿 Mac 这位是James Copeland |
[05:43] | He’s the director of the theater. | 他是这个剧院的负责人 |
[05:44] | Said something happened? | 你们说发生什么了? |
[05:48] | What the hell? That’s Marshall. | 怎么回事? 那是Marshall |
[05:50] | Well,hang on a second there,bud. | 站住别动 伙计 |
[05:52] | This is my theater. | 这是我的剧院 |
[05:53] | Might be your theater,but it’s my crime scene. | 也许是你的剧院 但也是犯罪现场 |
[05:57] | Marshall Baxter was our voice coach, | Marshall Baxter是我们的声乐指导 |
[06:01] | and he also used that rehearsal space for private lessons. | 他也用那块排练场上小课 |
[06:04] | Who was here last night around midnight? | 昨天午夜有谁在这里? |
[06:06] | Uh,nobody. | 没人 |
[06:07] | We did a rehearsal of Don Giovanni,7:00 to 10:00. | 我们7点到10点排练了<唐璜> |
[06:11] | Theater was empty by 11:00. | 11点剧院就清空了 |
[06:12] | Where were you? | 你那时候在哪里? |
[06:13] | At a party with some of our actors. | 和几个演员一起开派对 |
[06:15] | Got home around 2:00. | 2点左右回家的 |
[06:20] | Bruise on your hand looks recent. | 你手上的淤伤是最近弄的吧 |
[06:22] | Did you get that at the party? | 是派对上弄的? |
[06:24] | Maybe you took a shot at the wall. | 还是朝墙狠狠砸了一记 |
[06:27] | Come on,James. Don’t make me ask twice. | 快点 James 别让我问第二次 |
[06:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:31] | Baxter parked in my spot every single day. | Baxter每天都把车停在我的车位上 |
[06:35] | My spot. | 我的车位 |
[06:36] | With my name on it. | 都写着我名字的 |
[06:37] | So you dropped by to give him a general reminder. | 所以你过来给他提个醒 |
[06:40] | I tried to be reasonable with the guy. | 我是想和他讲道理的 |
[06:41] | It just got a little out of hand. | 但是事情难以控制了 |
[06:43] | You’re parked in my spot again. | 你又停在我的车位上 |
[06:46] | Move your car,or I’m gonna get a tow truck to do it for you. | 快点开走 不然我就叫拖车来拖走 |
[06:48] | You touch my car,you’re gonna be parking in handicapped. | 敢碰我的车 小心以后你得改停残疾人车位 |
[06:56] | Well,who could blame you? | 这也不能怪你是吧? |
[06:57] | A parking spot in this city’s worth killing for. | 本市的车位个个价值连城 |
[06:59] | True,but I didn’t kill him. | 没错 但是我没杀他 |
[07:01] | We’ll need a list of Baxter’s clients and everyone who works here. | 我们需要Baxter的客户名单 还有他所有同事的清单 |
[07:04] | Hey,nobody here did this. | 嘿 不是这里的人干的 |
[07:05] | Who’s gonna shoot somebody in a theater? | 谁会在剧院里杀人? |
[07:07] | Did you ever hear of a guy named John Wilkes Booth? | 你没听说过John Wilkes Booth吗? (在剧院刺杀林肯的凶手) |
[07:18] | Hey,uh,the police located the computer and keyboard | 警察在上西区发照片的那个网吧 |
[07:20] | from the Internet cafe on the Upper West Side where the photo was sent from. | 找到了电脑和键盘 |
[07:24] | Find anything we can use? Prints? DNA? | 找到有用的线索了吗? 指纹? DNA? |
[07:26] | Too many donors to isolate a single profile. | 太多人用过 没法分理出单个证据 |
[07:28] | Could be why the killer e-mailed the photo from a public place. | 这可能就是凶手到公共场所 发照片的原因 |
[07:32] | That’s smart,right? | 挺聪明的 对吗? |
[07:35] | Oh,I-I…I’m sorry. | 我…我很抱歉 |
[07:36] | I didn’t mean,like-like he’s smart smart. | 我不是那个意思 不是说他真的英明神武 |
[07:37] | I mean,like,he’s…he’s dumb and smart and… | 我是说 他..其实挺蠢的..有点小聪明 |
[07:40] | Look at the distortion fingerprint on the photo, | 看看照片上扭曲的指纹 |
[07:41] | see if you can figure out what kind of camera took it. | 看能不能找到拍照的相机型号 |
[07:47] | Smart. Uh,s-smart. | 很聪明 聪明绝顶 |
[08:07] | Hawkes? | |
[08:09] | The dirt we found at the crime scene– Lapilli tephra. | 我们在现场找到的尘土 是火山灰 |
[08:13] | Volcanic ash? | 火山灰? |
[08:14] | From somewhere in the South Pacific. | 来自南太平洋某处 |
[08:15] | Which means it probably wasn’t tracked in on the killer’s shoes. | 应该不是凶手的鞋带过来的 |
[08:18] | Yeah,and it wasn’t his hair we found on the victim’s shirt,either. | 没错 我们在死者衬衫上发现的毛发 也不是凶手的 |
[08:21] | It’s from a Himalayan yak. | 是喜马拉雅牦牛毛 |
[08:24] | Used to make rugs,blankets,brushes. | 用于生产小地毯 毛毯和刷子 |
[08:26] | Volcanic ash and yak hair. | 火山灰和牦牛毛 |
[08:29] | Could be looking at someone in the import/export business or works in a museum, | 有可能是做进出口生意的 或在博物馆工作的人 |
[08:34] | or who knows what else. | 再或者 根本就无从得知 |
[08:38] | Taylor. | |
[08:41] | I’ll be right there. | 马上过来 |
[08:45] | Marshall Baxter’s COD was exsanguination due to a puncture in the aortic arch, | Marshall Baxter的死因是 主动脉弓刺伤造成的失血过多 |
[08:50] | and it appears our killer removed the bullet. | 好像凶手取走了子弹 |
[08:55] | Looks like he dug it out with some kind of sharp instrument. | 像是用利器挑出了子弹 |
[08:58] | Why remove the bullet but leave all that other trace behind? | 为什么取走子弹 却仍留下众多的证据? |
[09:02] | There’s something else. | 还有别的发现 |
[09:03] | Based on your TOD at the scene,Sheldon,he should be out of rigor by now, | 根据你对现场死亡时间的推断 Sheldon 他现在应处于尸僵期 |
[09:07] | but as you can see,he’s not. | 但是如你所见 实际上没有 |
[09:11] | So,then,the body must have been exposed to cold postmortem? | 那么 尸体应该是在死后 处于低温环境中 |
[09:14] | Crime scene was room temp when we got there,no A/C. | 我们到那时 现场就是正常室温 没有开空调 |
[09:17] | Is it possible your reading was off? No offense. | 无意冒犯 但有没有可能你看错了温度? |
[09:20] | Sid,I double-checked. | Sid 我看了两遍的 |
[09:21] | Liver temp put him at 86 degrees. | 肝脏温度就是华氏86度 |
[09:23] | There was no error. | 不可能看错的 |
[09:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:26] | There’s another option. | 还有一种可能 |
[09:28] | Somehow,someone deliberately lowered the body temp of our vic. | 有人出于某种原因刻意降低死者体温 |
[10:17] | Hey,what do the Brooklyn Bruisers,asphalt trace,and motor oil have in common? | 布鲁克林壮士 沥青 润滑油之间 有什么共同点? |
[10:23] | They all are found in the game of bike polo. | 都可以在自行车马球比赛里面找到 |
[10:26] | Okay. | 好吧 其实和一般的马球一样 只不过骑的是自行车 而不是马 |
[10:26] | Same as regular polo,except they ride bikes instead of horses. | 好吧 其实和一般的马球一样 只不过骑的是自行车 而不是马 |
[10:30] | They put these cards in the spokes to identify who they are on the court. | 他们在轮辐上贴上这些卡片 以分清赛场上到底谁是谁 |
[10:36] | What’s with the number on the back? | 背后这些号码是什么意思? |
[10:37] | I’m thinking that may be a link between bike polo and murder. | 我在想可能那就是自行车马球 和谋杀之间的关联 |
[10:40] | Give it a ring. | 打个电话吧 |
[10:46] | Hello. | 喂 |
[10:46] | Welcome to the Rejection Call Line. | 欢迎来到拒绝电话服务 |
[10:48] | The reason you’re hearing this recorded greeting is | 你听到这通录下的问候是因为 |
[10:50] | because the person who gave you this phone number wants nothing to do with you. | 给你这个号码的人 不希望和你有任何牵连 |
[10:54] | To speak with a specialist who will guide you through this hard time of heartache and pain,press 1. | 如果想和专家谈谈 以指导你度过 心痛时光 请按1 |
[10:58] | Okay. The Rejection Call Line? | 好了 拒接电话服务? |
[11:00] | Hell of a way to give somebody the slip,huh? | 婉拒别人的聪明手法 对吧? |
[11:02] | Yeah. I guess our vic asked out the wrong girl. | 对 看起来死者钓错了姑娘 |
[11:04] | I’m not so sure it was our vic who got the brush-off. | 说不好遭到拒绝的不是死者 |
[11:08] | A team photo of the Brooklyn Bruisers. | 布鲁克林壮士队的合影 |
[11:11] | There’s no Marshall Baxter in sight. | 里面没有Marshall Baxter |
[11:15] | Then who’s #2? | 那2号是谁? |
[11:34] | Uh,we’d like to borrow him for a second. | 我们去和他聊聊吧 |
[11:35] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[11:36] | This is him. | 就是他 |
[11:38] | Nope,never seen him. | 不认识 没见过他 |
[11:39] | How about this? | 那这个呢? |
[11:40] | This spoke card belong to you? | 这张交友卡是你的吗? |
[11:42] | I don’t,uh… no,I don’t… I don’t think so. | 我 呃… 不 不是… 不是我的 |
[11:46] | You don’t seem so sure about that,#2. | 看起来你不是很确定 2号 |
[11:48] | Yeah,we found this in a murder victim’s pocket. | 我们在一位谋杀案死者口袋里发现这个 |
[11:52] | Look,I’ve never seen that guy,and I don’t have a clue how he got my spoke card,okay? | 听着 我不认识那家伙 也不知道 他为什么有我的交友卡 明白吗? |
[11:55] | You just said that wasn’t your spoke card. | 你刚还说那卡不是你的 |
[11:57] | You know,maybe we should take him in. | 也许我们该把他带回局里 |
[11:58] | No,no,just-just wait. Just give me a second. | 不不 等等… 等一下 让我解释 |
[12:02] | Look,I’ve seen this girl around campus. | 听着 我在校园里看见个女孩 |
[12:04] | Chelsea University. | 在Chelsea大学 |
[12:06] | The other day,I see her on the street. I ask her for her number. | 后来有天我在路上遇到她 问她要了电话号码 |
[12:09] | She writes it on the back of my spoke card. | 她把号码写在我交友卡背面 |
[12:11] | – But I never called her– I swear. – Whatever. | – 但我没给她打过电话 我发誓 – 随你编吧 |
[12:14] | No,babe. I swear I never called her | 不 宝贝 我发誓我没联系过她 |
[12:16] | Might want to buy her some flowers. | 得给她买束花赔罪了 |
[12:18] | Okay,but what does all this have to do with the man in the photo? | 好吧 Gavin 但这和照片里的男人有何关系? |
[12:22] | After she gave me her number, | 她给我号码之后 |
[12:23] | that guy in the picture comes running at me from across the street. | 照片里这家伙从街对面冲我跑过来 |
[12:26] | He rips the card from my hand and starts yelling at me to stay away from his girlfriend. | 他从我手里把卡拽走 冲我大喊大叫 让我离他女朋友远点儿 |
[12:28] | Stay the hell away from my girlfriend. | 你TM离我女朋友远点儿 |
[12:32] | That girl– what’s her name? | 那女孩叫什么名? |
[12:33] | Odessa. | |
[12:34] | I don’t know her last name. | 她姓啥我不知道 |
[12:36] | Look,all I know is that she goes to Chelsea University and she’s hot. | 听着 我只知道她在Chelsea大学上学 辣妹一个 |
[12:38] | What do you want from me? | 你还想让我说啥? |
[12:40] | All right,Romeo. | 行了 “罗密欧” |
[12:40] | If you see her,you tell her we’re looking for her. | 你再看到她 就告诉她我们在找她 |
[12:43] | No,as a matter of fact,why don’t you give her my number? | 算了 事实上 你干嘛不直接把我号码给她呢? |
[13:06] | Based on theateral chromatic aberration,the e-mail photo was taken with a Blackberry. | 根据横向色像差判断 电邮里的照片是黑莓手机所拍 |
[13:10] | Now,if I had the phone in front of me,I could tell if the photo was taken with it. | 要是那部手机摆在面前 我就能判定照片是不是用它拍的 |
[13:15] | Without it…not so much. | 可缺了它… 我就没招了 |
[13:17] | That the breakdown on the ceramic chip we found at the crime scene? | 在犯罪现场发现的那块瓷片的 成份分析有结果吗? |
[13:20] | Yeah,found trace elements of rubidium,strontium,and zirconium. | 有 发现了铷 锶 锆三种元素的痕迹 |
[13:24] | Looks like you got a lot of background CO2 on that calibration curve. | 看来校准曲线显示 还有大量二氧化碳的痕迹 |
[13:27] | Yeah,but it’s not the ceramic piece itself. | 没错 但那不是瓷片本身含有的 |
[13:31] | It’s the ambient air trapped inside the vial. | 而是封存在证物瓶里的空气 |
[13:33] | The CO2 levels at the crime scene were elevated somehow. | 不知为什么犯罪现场的 二氧化碳浓度超标 |
[13:46] | Dry ice. | 是干冰 |
[13:47] | That’s what did it. | 一切都是因为它 |
[13:48] | High levels of CO2,plus a decrease in body temperature,could be caused by dry ice. | 高浓度的二氧化碳 还有尸体温度的降低 都可能由干冰导致 |
[13:53] | Yeah,I,uh… yeah. | 是 我 呃… 是这样 |
[13:59] | Dry ice. | 干冰 |
[14:00] | Well,that would certainly explain why rigor was prolonged. | 那当然能解释尸僵为什么延后了 |
[14:03] | And why Sheldon’s TOD was off. | 以及为何Sheldon判定的死亡时间有误 |
[14:05] | And best of all,it would explain these little red discolorations I found on Baxter’s chest. | 更妙的是 这就能解释我在 Baxter胸部发现的这些小红点了 |
[14:11] | First glance,I thought dermatitis. | 乍一看 我以为是皮炎 |
[14:14] | Now I’m thinking contact burns. | 现在我认为是接触性烧伤 |
[14:16] | One of science’s many ironies. | 这是科学的众多反讽之一 |
[14:18] | Ice can burn. | 冰可以造成烧伤 |
[14:20] | Using dry ice,how long would it take to lower body temp from 98 to 86 degrees? | 用干冰的话 多长时间可以把尸温 从华氏98度降到86度? |
[14:25] | All right,with roughly 25 pounds packed around the core,I would say less than three hours. | 要是在胸前放大约25磅干冰 不到3小时就可以 |
[14:32] | And in that time,the ice would have sublimated into gas,leaving no sign it was ever there. | 在那期间 干冰会升华成气体 从而不留一丝痕迹 |
[14:36] | So,our killer wanted us to think the time of death was earlier than it actually was. | 所以 凶手是想让我们判定的 死亡时间比真正案发时早 |
[14:43] | That’s why he tipped us off with the anonymous photo and address. | 所以他给我们匿名发来照片和地址 |
[14:47] | He wanted to be sure we’d find the body before the effects wore off. | 他要确保我们在干冰作用 失效前发现尸体 |
[14:50] | Removing the bullet from the body,manipulating body temperature. | 从尸体中取走子弹 降低尸温 |
[14:55] | Why go through all that trouble? | 干吗要费这么多事? |
[14:58] | We could be looking at someone with a background in forensics, | 凶手可能有刑事鉴证学背景 |
[15:00] | someone who’d know enough to be able to manipulate the crime scene. | 他有足够知识和能力伪造犯罪现场 |
[15:03] | What does that say about the yak hair,the volcanic ash,and the ceramic chip? | 那我们发现的那些牦牛毛 火山灰 瓷片呢? |
[15:09] | That we can’t trust them. | 都不能采信了 |
[15:10] | Could have all been left behind deliberately for us to find. | 可能都是故意留下让我们发现的 |
[15:13] | All right,if that’s true, | 好吧 如果事实如此 |
[15:14] | how are we going to determine which evidence is real and what was planted? | 怎么分辨哪个证据是真的 哪个是故意布置的? |
[15:17] | We can start by asking ourselve “What,if anything,do all these things have in common?” | 可以先问问自己”这些东西有何共同点?” |
[15:21] | What connects them? | 它们的联系何在? |
[15:22] | I think I know the connection. | 我想我知道联系是什么 |
[15:24] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[15:37] | I was a guest lecturer at a forensics class at Chelsea University about two months ago. | 大概2个月前我受邀去给Chelsea大学 一个鉴证学班作演讲 |
[15:42] | I used examples from past cases to show what it is we do. | 我用以前的案例来说明 我们是如何破案的 |
[15:45] | And those examples have been duplicated in the Baxter murder. | 而这些案例都在Baxter谋杀案中被重现 |
[15:48] | Every single one of them. | 无一遗漏 |
[15:49] | It’s all here in my syllabus. | 案例都在我的演讲提纲里 |
[15:51] | Here you go. | 你们看 |
[15:52] | This,animal hair,and this,geological matter,and this,inorganic compounds. | 这个 动物毛发 还有这个 地理标记 还有这个 无机混合物 |
[15:58] | Now,I think the empty wallet was also staged to make it look like a robbery. | 现在我认为空钱包也是设计的 好让这看上去像抢劫 |
[16:01] | Well,that eliminates everything we collected at the crime scene. | 那就排除了在犯罪现场收集的所有证据 |
[16:04] | That’s exactly the point. | 这正是他的目的 |
[16:05] | The evidence was designed to send us on a wild goose chase. | 设计这些证据就为让我们徒劳无功 |
[16:08] | And that leaves us with nothing we can be sure of. | 最后还让我们没有任何头绪 |
[16:10] | Remember the mummy we discovered in the Varick Building? | 还记得我们在Varick大厦里 发现的那具木乃伊吗? |
[16:13] | Pauline Rayburn. | |
[16:21] | We believe it’s Pauline Rayburn. | 我们认定那是Pauline Rayburn |
[16:23] | Clothing fits the description of the last thing she was wearing | 衣服符合对其最后衣着的描述 |
[16:25] | before she went missing over three weeks ago. | 那是3周以前 那之后她就失踪了 |
[16:28] | Killer positioned her next to the AC, | 凶手把她放在空调旁边 |
[16:30] | which created the artificial environment that mummified her. | 人为制造了一个把她木乃伊化的环境 |
[16:38] | Right. | 没错 |
[16:38] | Now,I used that case to show how environmental elements can alter our estimation of TOD. | 我用这个案子来说明环境因素 会改变我们对死亡时间的估计 |
[16:46] | As you can see,fluctuations in temperature,humidity,and ventilation | 正如你们所看到的 温度 湿度和 通风状况的波动变化 |
[16:50] | can all affect the body’s natural rate of decomposition. | 都会影响尸体自然腐烂的速率 |
[16:54] | And Sara Jackson,the model we found impaled at the Soho Regency Hotel. | 还有Sara Jackson 我们在Soho Regency酒店发现的被刺穿的模特 |
[17:09] | We found a camel hair on her thigh. | 在她大腿上发现一根骆驼毛 |
[17:11] | Camel hair? | 骆驼毛? |
[17:15] | What are camel hairs doing on our vic’s thigh? | 被害者大腿上怎么会有骆驼毛? |
[17:18] | So,the camel hair we found on this victim’s thigh came from a photographic lens brush, | 我们在被害者大腿上发现的骆驼毛 来自一把摄影镜头刷 |
[17:22] | which led us to suspect a photographer. | 我们由此找到一名摄影师嫌疑人 |
[17:25] | There’s more: Lauren Redgrave was murdered because her neighbor wanted her apartment. | 还有更多 Lauren Redgrave 因她的邻居想得到她的公寓被杀 |
[17:30] | Well,he put arsenic in her tea. | 对 他在她的茶里下了砒霜 |
[17:32] | But that’s not how we put him at the scene. | 但那不是确定他嫌疑的原因 |
[17:34] | It was meteorite dust. | 而是陨星尘 |
[17:39] | I used that example to show how even the most out-of-context trace can break a case. | 我用那个案例来说明 最不着边际的痕迹也能破案 |
[17:45] | But it’s always a race against time. | 但破案就是和时间赛跑 |
[17:47] | We have to identify the context and origin of the evidence before we identify the suspect. | 我们必须在确定嫌犯之前 先辨识出证据的来龙去脉 |
[17:52] | The longer it takes to name a suspect… | 确定嫌犯的时间越长… |
[17:54] | The harder it is to find him. | 抓到他的难度就越大 |
[17:56] | Stella,check the records at Chelsea University. | Stella 查查Chelsea大学的记录 |
[17:59] | See if you can find a connection between Marshall Baxter and one of your students. | 看能不能找出Marshall Baxter 和你的某个学生之间的关联 |
[18:03] | You know,the bike polo guy said that Baxter had a girlfriend at Chelsea University. | 你知道吗 玩自行车马球那家伙说 Baxter有个Chelsea大学的女友 |
[18:07] | Odessa. | 她叫Odessa |
[18:07] | I don’t know her last name. | 她姓啥我不知道 |
[18:09] | Odessa. | |
[18:10] | Right. | 对 |
[18:11] | If she was one of your students,she just moved to the top of the suspect list. | 如果她是你的学生 那她就是头号嫌犯 |
[18:14] | Sheldon,swing by Baxter’s apartment. | Sheldon 去趟Baxter的公寓 |
[18:17] | Lo through his personal effects. | 查查他的私人物品 |
[18:18] | Maybe you can make a connection that way. | 说不定你能有所收获 |
[18:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:21] | Danny,we’ll stay with the evidence we have. | Danny 我们还是着眼于手头的证据 |
[18:23] | Yeah,’cause even if it was planted,he had to get it from somewhere. | 对 就算是故意布置 也得物有出处 |
[18:26] | We know he used large quantities of dry ice. | 我们知道他用了大量干冰 |
[18:29] | I’ll start there. | 我就从那儿着手 |
[18:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:35] | Mr. Copeland,who else has access to the dry ice? | Copeland先生 还有谁能接触到干冰? |
[18:38] | Dry ice? | 干冰? |
[18:39] | The thing that makes that white smoky stuff. | 就是能造出那种白色烟雾的东西 |
[18:42] | I know this may be out of your wheelhouse, | 我知道说这个你们可能一窍不通 |
[18:44] | but we’re doing a little opera by Mozart. | 但我们正在排一个莫扎特的小歌剧 |
[18:47] | It’s called Don Giovanni. | 叫<唐璜> |
[18:48] | Now,there’s a scene in that that requires fog. | 里面有一幕戏需要雾气 |
[18:51] | Watch the attitude,Mr. Copeland. | 态度端正些 Copeland先生 |
[18:52] | The cemetery scene with Commendatore. | 是那幕有大统领的墓地戏 (注:大统领是唐璜中的人物) |
[18:57] | Look,I’ll admit it. | 听着 我得承认 |
[18:58] | I-I didn’t care for Marshall. | 我… 我不关心Marshall |
[19:00] | He was a stubborn,moody,self-centered hack. | 他是个冥顽不灵 阴晴不定 以自我为中心的工作狂 |
[19:03] | Nobody here liked him. | 这儿没人喜欢他 |
[19:04] | Why do you keep coming back to me? | 你们干嘛总来找我? |
[19:05] | Becae you punched a hole in his wall; you were here the night of the murder; | 因为你在他墙上砸了个坑 谋杀当晚你也在这儿 |
[19:08] | and you had access to the crime scene. | 你还能进入犯罪现场 |
[19:10] | Now,I know it’s out of your wheelhouse,but to us,that makes you a suspect. | 我知道你对这个一窍不通 但对我们来说 你已经是个嫌犯了 |
[19:13] | I already told you I was at a party. | 我已经说过了我当时在参加派对 |
[19:15] | We now have evidence that Baxter was murdered several hours later than we originally thought. | 现在有证据显示Baxter的被害时间 比我们起初想的晚几个小时 |
[19:19] | Where were you at 5:00 in the morning? | 你凌晨5点时在哪儿? |
[19:21] | Nursing a hangover from that party. | 照顾派对上的一个醉鬼 |
[19:23] | Can anyone verify that? | 有谁能证明吗? |
[19:24] | Yeah,my cat. | 有 我的猫 |
[19:26] | That wouldn’t happen to be a Blackberry,would it? | 那该不会正巧是部黑莓手机吧? |
[19:29] | Yeah,why? | 是的 怎么了? |
[19:30] | ‘Cause someone took a photo of our vic after they put a bullet in him. | 因为有人在射杀被害者之后 给他拍了张照 |
[19:33] | Maybe that someone was you. | 也许凶手就是你 |
[19:35] | That’s insane. | 你太能扯了 |
[19:36] | I hope you have someone changing Fluffy’s litter box, | 希望有人能帮你照顾小猫咪 |
[19:39] | ’cause if you’re lying,you’ll be going away for a while. | 要是没说实话 你可要离开它一段时间了 |
[19:50] | I got you a copy of your class roster. | 我给你复印了份你学生的花名册 |
[19:54] | I don’t see anyone named Odessa on it. | 我没看到上面有叫Odessa的 |
[19:57] | Doesn’t mean she didn’t take the class. | 但那不代表她没上这课 |
[19:59] | A lot of students audit without even bothering to register. | 很多学生听课都懒得去登记姓名 |
[20:03] | I keep trying to remember the faces,and I just can’t. | 我一直试着想起他们的长相 但就是想不起来 |
[20:05] | It’s all such a blur. | 记忆完全一片模糊 |
[20:07] | Well,if it’s any consolation,I have been doing this…for over 30 years. | 要是这么说能安慰你 我已经干这行… 30多年了 |
[20:13] | You never remember the faces. | 记住所有人的长相是不可能的 |
[20:16] | Well…maybe a few. | 当然… 也许能记住少数几个人 |
[20:21] | It’s just so disturbing to think that someone would attend one of my lectures | 只要想想我就觉得不安 有人会来听我的课… |
[20:24] | just to learn how to get away with murder. | 只为学习如何杀人并逃避惩罚 |
[20:27] | What students take away from a class is up to them,Stella. | 学生从课堂上学到些什么 取决于他们自己 Stella |
[20:31] | You cannot blame yourself. | 你不该为此自责 |
[20:34] | You are a gifted teacher. | 你天生是当老师的料 |
[20:36] | That’s why I convinced you to do the lecture in the first place,remember? | 所以我才会劝你来作演讲 记得吗? |
[20:43] | I should really let you go. | 我得放您去上课了 |
[20:57] | Looks like Baxter was a real packrat. | 看来Baxter真是个捡破烂的 |
[21:01] | You think this is bad,you should see Adam’s place. | 这样你就觉得烂了 你真该去Adam家瞧瞧 |
[21:06] | Maybe there’s something here that can tell us why somebody wanted him dead. | 也许这儿有东西告诉我们 为什么有人要杀他 |
[21:10] | Phone bill… | 电话账单… |
[21:12] | receipts,mail. | 收据 信件 |
[21:59] | You find something? | 有发现吗? |
[22:01] | Maybe. | 也许是吧 |
[22:06] | All these photos are the same two women. | 所有照片上都是这两个女人 |
[22:12] | Looks of things,I don’t think they knew they were being photographed. | 从照片来看 她们不知道自己被拍了 |
[22:16] | More like surveillance photos. | 这更像是监视照片 |
[22:18] | Like they were being watched. | 就像有人在监视她们 |
[22:20] | You thinking what I’m thinking? | 咱俩想的一样吗? |
[22:22] | Could be Marshall Baxter’s a stalker. | Marshall Baxter有可能是个跟踪狂 |
[22:25] | And these could be his victims. | 而这些可能是他的受害者 |
[22:27] | I’ll run ’em through NCIC,see if anyone filed a complaint. | 我去NCIC(国家犯罪信息中心)系统检索 看是否有谁报过案 |
[22:29] | All right. | 好的 |
[22:41] | Well,you were right. | 你是对的 |
[22:42] | Baxter was arrested four years ago in Providence,Rhode Island for aggravated assault. | Baxter四年前在罗德岛普罗维登斯地区 因严重伤害行为被捕 |
[22:46] | Sounds like stalking to me. | 我觉得就是跟踪狂 |
[22:49] | Ah,he got slapped with five days of community service and a restraining order. | 他被判做5天的社区服务 还领到一张法庭禁令 |
[22:52] | And that didn’t seem to slow him down. | 但那看起来没让他有所收敛 |
[22:54] | He was arrested again a week later for criminal contempt in the first degree. | 一周后他又因一级藐视法庭罪被捕 |
[22:57] | Okay,so he must have violated the restraining order. | 那他肯定违反了法庭禁令 |
[22:59] | And for that,the judge gave him eight days in jail. | 因为这个 法官判处他8天监禁 |
[23:02] | Eight days. Hell of a deterrent. | 8天 还真”狠”呀 |
[23:04] | Problem is although stalking may be a crime,the things stalkers do are perfectly legal. | 问题是虽然跟踪行为可能构成犯罪 但跟踪狂干的事都属合法 |
[23:08] | You know,there’s no laws against taking pictures,sending e-mails,or using the phone. | 没有任何法律禁止拍照 发电邮 或用电话 |
[23:12] | Yeah,but it’s just wrong. | 是没有 但那就是错的 |
[23:13] | People have the right to walk down the street and feel safe. | 人们有权利安心地走在大街上 |
[23:15] | Hey,I spend every day of my life trying to fix that. | 我生命中的每一天都在 全力保护这种权利 |
[23:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:18] | We put away the bad guys,but what about the victims? | 不 我们抓坏人 但那些受害者呢? |
[23:21] | Who fixes them? | 谁来治疗他们的创伤? |
[23:23] | My ex-girlfriend,Kiera– perfect example. | 我前女友 Kiera–最好的例子 |
[23:25] | She was raped. | 她被强奸了 |
[23:27] | And afterwards,everything changed. | 随后 一切都变了 |
[23:28] | She was afraid,cautious. | 她惊恐不安 时刻小心谨慎 |
[23:30] | She lost a part of herself. | 她变了很多 |
[23:33] | And then I lost her. | 再后来 我失去了她 |
[23:36] | Sorry about that. | 很遗憾 |
[23:39] | We know who filed the complaint against Baxter? | 知道是谁投诉Baxter了吗? |
[23:42] | No,not yet. I gotta call in to Providence PD. | 还没有 我给普罗维登斯警局打了电话 |
[23:44] | I’m just waiting to hear back on a name. | 我还在等回音 |
[23:47] | Let me know as soon as you hear something. | 一有消息就通知我 |
[23:48] | Yeah. | 好 |
[23:57] | Her name’s Carrie Langdon. | 她名叫Carrie Langdon |
[23:59] | She filed a restraining order against Baxter four years ago in Rhode Island. | 4年前在罗得岛她对Baxter申请了限制令 |
[24:03] | Could she have been one of Stella’s forensics students? | 她可能是Stella鉴证课的学生吗? |
[24:05] | She’s not our killer,Mac. | 她不是凶手 Mac |
[24:06] | Carrie committed suicide about six months ago. | 大约6个月前Carrie自杀了 |
[24:08] | It’s not a total wash,though. | 不过事情还没结束 |
[24:10] | According to Rhode Island police,her brother recently filed a lawsuit against them. | 根据罗得岛警方的记录 她哥哥最近对他们提起了诉讼 |
[24:14] | For failure to protect. | 起诉理由是疏于保护 |
[24:17] | He blames them for his sister’s suicide. | 他认为他们该对他妹妹的自杀负责 |
[24:23] | Carrie! No! | Carrie! 不! |
[24:29] | Maybe he decided to finish what the law couldn’t. | 也许他决定自己解决法律没法解决的问题 |
[24:45] | providence, rhode island | 普罗维登斯 罗得岛 |
[24:49] | ***back | 法律诉讼没法让我妹妹复活 |
[24:52] | But maybe it’ll change the system. | 但也许能改变这个司法体系 |
[24:55] | Protect other women. | 保护其他的女性 |
[24:57] | Mr. Langdon,I’m sorry. | Langdon先生 我很遗憾 |
[24:59] | I know that your sister’s suicide must be a terrible weight to bear. | 我知道对于你妹妹的自杀 一定很难承受 |
[25:02] | I don’t think of it as suicide. | 我不认为那是自杀 |
[25:04] | I think of it as murder. | 我觉得那是谋杀 |
[25:06] | Carrie might have jumped off the ledge,but Marshall Baxter put her there. | 也许从阳台跳下去的是Carrie 但是Marshall Baxter逼她走上绝路 |
[25:10] | According to this restraining order,r,Baxter began stalking your sister four years ago. | 根据这个限制令 Baxter从4年前开始跟踪你妹妹 |
[25:18] | Carrie took a voice lesson from him. | Carrie上了他的声乐课 |
[25:21] | Ansomehow in his twisted mind,that meant she was his girlfriend. | 不知为什么在他扭曲的想法中 认为她是他女朋友 |
[25:27] | I convinced her to file that. | 我说服她申请限制令的 |
[25:30] | Thought it would scare him off. | 以为那会把他吓跑 |
[25:33] | But I was wrong. | 但是我错了 |
[25:35] | It made it worse. | 那让事情更糟 |
[25:36] | He started threatening her. | 他开始威胁她 |
[25:38] | She was terrified to go outside,to answer her phone. | 她怕的不敢出门 不敢接电话 |
[25:42] | And how long that go on for? | 持续了多久? |
[25:43] | Two yes. | 2年 |
[25:44] | And then one day. | 而之后有一天 |
[25:46] | it suddenly stopped. | 一切突然就停止了 |
[25:49] | It was like a miracle. | 那就像个奇迹 |
[25:51] | He was gone. | 他就这么离开了 |
[25:53] | Carrie could breathe again. | Carrie又能再次呼吸了 |
[25:54] | She could live her life without having to look over her shoulder. | 她可以过自己的生活 而不必时刻左顾右盼 |
[25:59] | That’s what I thought anyway. | 反正我是这么想的 |
[26:03] | Till she jumped. | 直到她跳了下去 |
[26:08] | Carrie! No! | Carrie! 不! |
[26:12] | She never recovered from the stalking. | 她一直没有从跟踪事件中恢复 |
[26:14] | The cops claimed they couldn’t arrest Baxter until he committed an act of violence. | 警方说他们不能逮捕Baxter 除非他实施了暴力行为 |
[26:19] | An act of violence? | 暴力行为? |
[26:21] | What do you call destroying someone’s soul? | 你们管摧毁别人精神的行为叫什么? |
[26:24] | Some would call it motive. | 有人会称它为动机 |
[26:29] | I wondered why you came all the way up here from New York City to discuss a suicide. | 我很想知道你为何大老远从纽约过来 就为了讨论自杀 |
[26:35] | I thought about killing Baxter. | 我想过要杀了Baxter |
[26:37] | I admit it. | 这点我承认 |
[26:40] | Didn’t have the guts,I guess. | 但是没有勇气 我想 |
[26:42] | Then you won’t mind telling me where you were last night? | 你不介意告诉我你昨晚在哪里吧? |
[26:44] | At a restaurant opening here in Providence. | 在一家开在普罗维登斯的餐馆 |
[26:46] | Spent the night at my girlfriend’s. | 在我女朋友那儿过的夜 |
[26:49] | Did you ever take a class or attend a lecture at Chelsea University in New York? | 你在纽约切尔西大学上课或听过讲座吗? |
[26:55] | We’re done here. | 我们谈完了 |
[26:57] | I haven’t set foot inside a school since Carried graduated five years ago. | 自从5年前Carrie大学毕业后 我再也没踏足过学校 |
[27:01] | Now,if you’re going to arrest me go ahead; otherwise you can contact my attorney. | 如果你要逮捕我 那就请吧 否则你可以联系我的律师 |
[27:07] | Mr. Langdon… | Langdon先生… |
[27:09] | I am truly sorry for your loss. | 对于你的损失 我深表遗憾 |
[27:11] | I have a sister,too,so. | 我也有个妹妹 |
[27:14] | Don’t ever take that for granted. | 不要把她看成理所当然的事 |
[27:30] | Okay,thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[27:32] | That was Adam. | 是Adam |
[27:33] | James Copeland’s Blackberry did not take the photo that was e-mailed to the tip line. | James Copeland的黑莓手机 没有拍照发给举报热线 |
[27:37] | He’s off the hook. | 他没有嫌疑 |
[27:38] | Along with all the students that registered for my lecture. | 登记上我讲座的学生中 |
[27:41] | I tracked down all 19 of them. | 我追踪了所有19个人 |
[27:42] | I take it you couldn’t tie any of them to Baxter. | 我判定你没法把他们中 任何一个和Baxter联系起来 |
[27:45] | Not one,but I did find something else. | 没有 但我发现了其他的东西 |
[27:50] | Manhattan Natural History Museum. | 曼哈顿自然历史博物馆 |
[27:52] | ***elsea University. | 就在切尔西大学 |
[27:54] | This catalog have something to do with your forensics lecture? | 这本目录和你的鉴证讲座有关? |
[27:57] | Indirectly,yes. | 间接的 是的 |
[27:58] | Uh… turn to page 32. | 翻到32页 |
[28:03] | Museum gift shop sells souvenirs of volcanic ash from Hawaii. | 博物馆礼品店出售 夏威夷火山灰的纪念品 |
[28:07] | Keep going. | 继续翻 |
[28:12] | Gold ceramic bowls from Thailand. | 泰国的黄金陶器碗 |
[28:14] | Just like the ceramic chip we found. | 就像我们找到的陶瓷碎片 |
[28:17] | Any chance the museum also has Life-size a Himalayan animal exhibit? | 博物馆里是否可能还有 原型大小的喜马拉雅山动物展览? |
[28:20] | ***with real hair. | 原型大小的真正毛发 |
[28:22] | Angell’s on her way there now. | Angell现在正赶过去 |
[28:23] | She’s going to go to talk to some of the museum employees | 她会跟博物馆的雇员聊聊 |
[28:25] | and check into recent credit card purchases. | 查一下最近用信用卡买东西的人 |
[28:27] | We’ve got evidence from the four corners of the world, | 我们有来自世界各地的证据 |
[28:29] | and all the killer had to do was go up to 77th Street to get it. | 而凶手要做的就是去第77街取回来 |
[28:42] | – Doc. – Yo. | – 医生 – 在 |
[28:42] | Boston PD just called. | 波士顿警方刚打电话过来 |
[28:44] | A woman up there named Dana Melton filed a restraining order against Baxter. | 那里一位叫Dana Melton的女性 对Baxter申请过限制令 |
[28:48] | Was she at Stella’s class? | 她上过Stella的课吗? |
[28:49] | Uh,wasn’t registered,but Boston’s trying to locate her now. | 没有登记 但波士顿警方正在找她 |
[28:52] | But in the meantime,we can log on to their Web site and download the case file, | 与此同时 我们登陆他们的网站 下载案件档案 |
[28:56] | and an MP3 of her statement. | 还有她陈述的MP3 |
[28:57] | Sounds like they got everything but the chowder. | 听起来他们什么都有 真是聪明人 |
[29:07] | Here we go. | 登上去了 |
[29:10] | Dana Melton. | |
[29:10] | She filed the first restraining order two years ago. | 2年前她第一次申请限制令 |
[29:13] | Click on her audio file there upper right-hand corner. | 点击右上角她的音频文件 |
[29:19] | When I was 17,I won a radio contest for a song I wrote in high school. | 17岁时 我因为高中写的一首歌 赢了一次电台比赛 |
[29:23] | I got a demo CD,had some labels interested in me. | 我发了一张样片 有几家唱片公司对我有兴趣 |
[29:26] | Then about two years ago, | 大约2年前 |
[29:28] | I took a few voice lessons from Marshall Baxter,and it all fell apart. | 我上了Marshall Baxter几堂声乐课 接着一切都崩溃了 |
[29:33] | He started sending me letters,postcards,e-mails,calling me. | 他开始给我寄信 寄明信片 发邮件 给我打电话 |
[29:38] | Seven to 80 times a day. | 每天七八十次 |
[29:41] | Can you imagine living like that? | 你能想象那样的生活吗? |
[29:42] | No. Sounds like Carrie Langdon’s story. | 不 听起来像是Carrie Langdon的故事 |
[29:45] | Carrie took a voice lesson from him. | Carrie上了他的声乐课 |
[29:47] | Hetarted threatening her. | 他开始威胁她 |
[29:49] | She was terrified to go outside,to answer her phone. | 她怕的不敢出门 不敢接电话 |
[29:53] | Hopefully this one has a different ending. | 希望这个能有不一样的结果 |
[29:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:55] | Let see what else we got. | 看看还有其他什么线索 |
[30:14] | I’ve seen her picture fore. | 我以前看过她的照片 |
[30:15] | Hold on a minute. | 等下 |
[30:19] | Is this the same woman? | 是同一个人吗? |
[30:22] | The hair’s different,but the eyes,the nose,the face. | 头发不一样 但眼睛 鼻子 还有脸 |
[30:28] | Looks like the same woman to me. | 在我看来是同一个人 |
[30:32] | If it is the same woman,she just became a person of interest. | 如果是同一个人 她刚好成为嫌犯 |
[30:35] | We got an address? | 有地址吗? |
[30:36] | ston PD can’t track her down | 波士顿警方没法找到她 |
[30:37] | and I can’t find her in Social Security or any one of our regular databases. | 在社保或其他常规数据库都无法找到她 |
[30:41] | Not on any mailing lists,no credit cards. | 没有任何信件来往 也没有信用卡 |
[30:43] | She was being stalked. | 她被跟踪了 |
[30:45] | She probably didn’t want to be found. | 她很可能不想被找到 |
[30:46] | I don’t blame her. | 我不怪她 |
[30:47] | I mean,being hunted like that,someone watching your every move. | 被那样追踪 有人监视你所有的行动 |
[30:50] | This Baxter’s a sick pup. | 这个Baxter是个变态畜生 |
[30:51] | I spoke to Carrie Langdon’s brother. | 我跟Carrie Langdon的哥哥谈过 |
[30:53] | He said that she met Baxter once,and he was convinced that she was his girlfriend. | 他说她见过Baxter一次 而他确信她是他女朋友 |
[30:57] | Hey,that’s funny,’cause the bike polo player said Baxter referred to Odessa in that same way. | 真有意思 那个自行车马球运动员 说Baxter也这么提到Odessa |
[31:04] | As his girlfriend. | 是他女朋友 |
[31:07] | You stay the hell away from my girlfriend. | 你离我女朋友远点 |
[31:12] | Odessa. | |
[31:17] | This will only take a second. | 只要一会就行 |
[31:18] | Last time you guys said that it cost me my girlfriend. | 上次你们这么说 我被女朋友甩了 |
[31:20] | This is a homicide investigation,not a dating service. | 这是凶案调查 不是恋爱服务 |
[31:23] | See this girl? Do you recognize her? | 看下这个女孩? 认得出吗? |
[31:25] | Yeah,that’s Odessa. | 是的 那是Odessa |
[31:28] | You’re sure about that? | 你确定? |
[31:30] | Positive. | 很肯定 |
[31:30] | All right,we need you to tell us everything you know about her. | 好吧 告诉我们你了解的她的一切 |
[31:33] | There’s not much to tell. I barely know her. | 没什么好说的 我几乎不了解她 |
[31:34] | Okay,do you know what classes she was taking at Chelsea? | 好吧 你知道她在切尔西上什么课吗? |
[31:37] | I have no clue. | 不知道 |
[31:38] | Did she ever say where she lived,job,anything? | 她是否提过她的住址 工作 任何信息? |
[31:41] | No. | 没有 |
[31:42] | Look,I remember her saying something about a singing gig once. | 听着 我记得她说过以唱歌为生 |
[31:45] | Didn’t say where. | 没说在哪里 |
[31:47] | Look,guys,can I go now? I got a match. | 听着 伙计们 我能走吗? 我还有比赛 |
[31:48] | Yeah. Go ahead. | 走吧 |
[31:52] | He follows me everywhere. | 我所到之处 他都紧跟不放 |
[31:55] | Won’t leave me alone. | 不让我一个好好待着 |
[31:57] | I go to the bookste. | 我去书店 |
[31:59] | He’s there. | 他在那里 |
[32:03] | I go out to lunch with my friends; he’s,he’s at the next table. | 我和朋友出去吃午饭 他 他就在隔壁桌 |
[32:07] | Last week I came home and he was in front of my apartment. | 上周我回到家 他就在我公寓门口 |
[32:11] | I even had to quit my job ’cause he kept following me there. | 我甚至辞了职 因为他一直跟到公司 |
[32:16] | Gavin Skidmore confirmed that Dana Melton and Odessa are the same person. | Gavin Skidmore确认了Dana Melton 和Odessa是同一个人 |
[32:20] | Please tell me you can do something. | 求你告诉我 你们能做些什么 |
[32:24] | Anything,please,I… | 任何事 求你了 我… |
[32:25] | What is that? | 这是什么? |
[32:27] | It’s Melton’s taped statement to Boston PD. | 是Melton对波士顿警方的陈述录音 |
[32:30] | Play it again. | 再放一遍 |
[32:33] | Please tell me you can do something. | 求你告诉我 你们能做些什么 |
[32:37] | Anything,please,I… | 任何事 求你了 我… |
[32:39] | I don’t know how to stop him. | 我不知道怎么阻止他 |
[32:40] | I know that voice. | 我认得那个声音 |
[32:43] | When you walk into a crime scene,how c you tell what evidence to process? | 当你走进一个犯罪现场 如何分辨哪些是需处理的证物? |
[32:46] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[32:47] | You should certainly process anything that looks out of place | 你应收集看上去本不该在现场出现的 所有物品 |
[32:50] | or things that are close to the victim’s body. | 或死者尸体附近的物件 |
[32:53] | Now,sometimes evidence can point you towards the wrong killer or no killer at all. | 有时证据会指向错误的凶手 甚至找不到任何凶手 |
[33:00] | It’s Odessa. | 是Odessa |
[33:01] | You sure? | 你肯定? |
[33:02] | Yeah,I mean,call her Dana,Odessa,whatever. | 是的 无论她叫Dana还是Odessa 都是一个人 |
[33:05] | I recognize her voice. | 我认得出她的声音 |
[33:06] | She was in my class. | 她上了我的课 |
[33:07] | She must have audited the course. | 她一定是旁听了课程 |
[33:09] | So Dana Melton changed her name to Odessa | 那么说Dana Melton改名为Odessa |
[33:11] | and moved from Boston to Manhattan to start a new life. | 从波士顿搬到曼哈顿开始新生活 |
[33:14] | Baxter followed her here,started stalking her again, | Baxter追踪她到了这里 开始再次跟踪她 |
[33:18] | but this time,instead of turning to law enforcement for help, | 但这次 她不再向司法机关寻求帮助 |
[33:20] | she took matters into her own hands. | 她靠自己解决问题 |
[33:24] | She killed him. | 她杀了他 |
[33:25] | And I taught her how. | 而我教会她该怎么做 |
[33:36] | We distributed her photo to every airport,train station,and bus terminal, | 我们把她的照片分发到了 机场 火车站和巴士终点站 |
[33:40] | but I think we have enough to start with right here. | 我们有足够的证据开始查了 |
[33:42] | Mac,we got nothing but a Dana Melton in Boston | Mac 我们只知道波士顿的Dana Melton 变成了纽约的Odessa |
[33:45] | who became an Odessa in New York and a bunch of whacked-out evidence. | 还有一堆乱七八糟的证据 |
[33:48] | We have to stop looking at Marshall Baxter as a victim and start seeing him as a perp. | 我们要把Marshall Baxter当作嫌犯 而不是受害人了 |
[33:53] | Lucky for us,he was a pack rat, | 幸运的是 他喜欢收集破烂 |
[33:55] | so let’s start with the receipts and paperwork we found in his apartment. | 我们就从在他公寓里发现的 收据和文件开始着手 |
[34:00] | Baxter was staing Odessa,which means he went where she went. | Baxter跟踪Odessa 就是说她去哪儿他就去哪儿 |
[34:05] | All right,so we use Baxter’s receipts to create a geographical profile of his movements. | 我们可以用Baxter的收据 划出他活动的地理范围 |
[34:10] | Which hopefully leads us to Odessa herself. | 这样很有可能找到Odessa |
[34:13] | We know he lived in Chelsea. | 我们知道他住在切尔西 |
[34:14] | Anything outside that area could be his stalking zone. | 那片区域之外任何地方 都可能是他的跟踪范围 |
[34:18] | We already have a few known variables. | 我们还有几个已知变量 |
[34:19] | We know that Odessa took Stella’s course at Chelsea University. | Odessa在切尔西大学上过Stella的课 |
[34:23] | That’s 86th and Amsterdam. | 在86街和Amsterdam街交叉口 |
[34:27] | Internet caf\ at 73rd and Columbus,where she e-mailed the photo. | 她发照片的网吧 在73街与Columbus街交叉口 |
[34:32] | Here’s something. | 还有这个 |
[34:33] | Looks like Baxter had lunch twice last week at Tresoro Caf\, | 看来Baxter上周在Tresoro餐厅 吃过两次午餐 |
[34:37] | which is on 95th and West End. | 在95街与西区交叉口 |
[34:39] | It’s nowhere near his home. | 都不在他家附近 |
[34:45] | Follow the hunter,find the prey. | 跟随猎人 就能发现猎物 |
[35:41] | Odessa Shaw– been living here going on a year. | Odessa Shaw 在这儿住了快一年了 |
[35:45] | Keeps to herself mostly. | 基本上独来独往 |
[35:46] | Said some loony was stalking her. | 说过有个疯子跟踪她 |
[35:48] | She ever have any trouble with him here? | 她和那人在这里有过什么争执不? |
[35:50] | We got a doorman 24/7. | 我们24小时都有门卫 |
[35:52] | They get paid to head off that kind of trouble. | 雇他们来就是阻止这种麻烦的 |
[35:57] | Odessa. NYPD. | Odessa 纽约警局 |
[36:02] | Dana Melton,open up. | Dana Melton 开门 |
[36:09] | She paid extra for these deadbolts. | 她另付钱加固了门锁 |
[36:21] | Well,I can’t say that I like what she’s done with the place. | 这地方给清理得够干净 |
[36:24] | When did she move out? | 她什么时候搬走的? |
[36:26] | I didn’t know she did. | 我不知道她搬走了 |
[36:35] | Come to think of it,her mail’s been piling up. | 我想起来了 她的信箱爆满了 |
[36:39] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[36:41] | I’ll go talk to the doorman. | 我去和门卫谈谈 |
[36:54] | Junk mail,local newspapers,restaurant menus. | 垃圾邮件 本地报纸 餐馆菜单 |
[37:00] | Did you find her? | 找到她了吗? |
[37:02] | Her apartment is cleaned out,no forwarding address. | 她的公寓被清理一空 没有新地址 |
[37:05] | Here’s a bank statement and something from her dry cleaners maybe. | 这儿有银行账单和干洗店的单子 |
[37:08] | No,the bank’s got to be closed by now. | 账户现在肯定已经取消了 |
[37:11] | “As a valued customer,save ten percent on your next visit.” | “尊敬的客户 下次光临可打9折” |
[37:14] | Dry cleaners may still be open; I’m gonna head over there. | 干洗店应该还在 我去那里看看 |
[37:16] | See if Flack got anything from the doorman on your way out. | 去前先看看Flack在门卫那问出什么 |
[37:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:20] | Mac,you better take a look at these. | Mac 你最好看看这个 |
[37:23] | They tell me you’re afraid of me. | 他们说你害怕我 |
[37:24] | How can that be? I would never hurt you,Dana. | 怎么会呢? 我绝不会伤害你的 Dana |
[37:28] | I’ll never let you go. | 我不会让你走 |
[37:29] | You think you have a new life? | 你觉得开始新生活了? |
[37:30] | You won’t have it much longer if you keep ignoring me. | 如果继续不理我 你的新生活长不了 |
[37:33] | That’s a promise. | 我保证 |
[37:34] | 15 and counting. | 已经有15封了 |
[37:36] | Here’s another one. | 这还有一个 |
[37:37] | You’re not running away from me again. | 你别想再逃脱我 |
[37:38] | I saw you with those moving boxes today. | 我今天看到你打包装箱了 |
[37:40] | Moving boxes. | 打包装箱 |
[37:44] | If we’re lucky,the box company may have moved her as well. | 如果幸运的话 打包公司可能也帮她搬家了 |
[37:47] | Could give us an address. | 或许能找到地址 |
[37:52] | Nearest one’s around 74th and Broadway. | 最近的一家在74街和百老汇交叉口 |
[37:54] | You are mine,bitch,and that’s final. | 你是我的 贱人 这是最后通牒 |
[37:56] | Nobody has the right to do this to another person,nobody. | 没人有权对别人这么做 没人 |
[37:59] | Let’s swing by that box company. | 我们顺道去打包公司 |
[38:01] | What do you think our chances are she’s still in the city? | 你觉得她还在本市的几率大吗? |
[38:03] | She was smart enough to move out of her apartment before she killed Baxter. | 她很聪明 在杀Baxter前就搬走了 |
[38:07] | Probably smart enough to leave town as well. | 可能聪明地已经离开这里了 |
[38:10] | Part of me hopes so. | 我还真希望如此 |
[38:11] | Sheldon,sometimes the line isn’t as clear as we’d like it to be, | Sheldon 有时罪与非罪的界限 不像我们想象的那样清晰 |
[38:15] | but it’s still there,and Odessa crossed it. | 但它还是存在 Odessa越界了 |
[38:16] | She had a choice. | 她有选择的 |
[38:18] | Yeah. Suicide or murder. | 是啊 自杀或谋杀 |
[38:30] | Mac,come take a look at this flyer. | Mac 来看看这个宣传单 |
[38:35] | One of the photos in Baxter’s apartment was taken right outside this building. | Baxter公寓发现的照片里 有一张就是在这个楼外面拍的 |
[38:38] | “Live music nightly.” | “夜夜现场音乐秀” |
[38:41] | The bike polo player said Odessa had a singing gig somewhere. | 自行车马球手说Odessa以唱歌为生 |
[38:48] | Jersey. | 泽西市 |
[38:52] | *My heart feels like a circus* | |
[38:58] | *Too much to take in* | |
[39:05] | *It’s hard to lose love* | |
[39:12] | *You were my best friend* | |
[39:19] | *So I walk this High wire* | |
[39:27] | *Alone tonight* | |
[39:32] | *That way it won’t hurt So much* | |
[39:37] | *When we say good-bye* | |
[39:45] | *That way It won’t hurt so much* | |
[39:50] | *When we say good-bye* | |
[40:05] | Dana Melton. | |
[40:18] | What happens now? | 怎么了? |
[40:20] | I think you know the answer to that. | 我想你知道答案 |
[40:22] | You could just let me walk out of here,please. | 你可以让我离开这儿 拜托 |
[40:25] | You don’t know what I’ve been through. | 你不知道我都经历了什么 |
[40:26] | I was so scared. | 我害怕极了 |
[40:28] | I tried to start over to change everything. | 我想改变一切 重新开始 |
[40:32] | I know you don’t understand,not really. | 我知道你不了解 不会真的了解 |
[40:36] | I do understand,Dana. | 我了解 Dana |
[40:39] | I understand it all,but I have to arrest you anyway. | 我全了解 但我还是得逮捕你 |
[40:42] | It’s the toughest part of my job. | 这就是我工作的矛盾之处 |
[40:45] | I thought I did everything right. | 我还以为一切步骤都是对的 |
[41:19] | You came very close. | 你做得已经相当好了 |
[41:21] | You had a good teacher. | 你有个好老师 |
[41:24] | You left no prints,no DNA,no witnesses. | 你没留下指纹 DNA 也没目击者 (即没有任何直接人证或物证) |
[41:28] | Just circumstantial evidence. | 只有间接证据 |
[41:31] | In fact,without a formal confession, | 实际上 如果没有正式招供 |
[41:34] | it will be very hard to win a conviction. | 法庭很难定罪 |
[41:44] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[41:57] | CSI NY Season 05 Episode 20 |