时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | So, which one is your favorite? | 你最喜欢哪部 |
[00:09] | Got to go with Jailhouse Rock. | 应该是《脂粉猫王》 |
[00:11] | But Blue Hawaii’s right up there. | 不过《蓝色夏威夷》也相当不错 |
[00:13] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[00:14] | Well, it’s a little obscure, | 我喜欢的可能不那么有名 |
[00:16] | but I’d have to say that my favorite Elvis movie | 但是如果一定要说的话 |
[00:19] | is definitely Change of Habit. | 必须是《修女变身》 |
[00:21] | There’s just something about Mary Tyler Moore | 看玛丽·泰勒·摩尔打扮成修女的样子 |
[00:23] | dressed as a nun. | 的确有点味道 |
[00:24] | Yeah, I can see that. | 可以想见 |
[00:26] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[00:30] | Viva Las Vegas. | 《赌城万岁》啊[有同名电影及歌曲] |
[00:31] | Yeah, minus the “Viva.” No encore for this guy. | 没有”万岁” 这货已经不能再安可了 |
[00:34] | Do we have a name? | 找到名字了吗 |
[00:35] | George Tabin. Business card says | 乔治·泰宾 据名片显示 |
[00:38] | he’s an Elvis tribute artist. | 他是向猫王致敬的艺术家 |
[00:40] | Cash is still there. | 现金一分不少 |
[00:41] | Credit cards, too. | 信用卡也都在 |
[00:42] | Rules out robbery. | 那就不是抢劫 |
[00:45] | Looks like multiple head wounds. | 看上去头部多次重击 |
[00:47] | No blood on the bench. | 但是长椅上没有血迹 |
[00:50] | No blood pool on the ground. | 地上也没有血泊 |
[00:52] | No, this was definitely not the primary. | 没错 这里肯定不是第一犯罪现场 |
[00:55] | He was killed somewhere else, brought here, | 他在它处遇害 然后被扛过来 |
[00:57] | propped up on the bench, | 架在长椅上 |
[00:58] | and staged. | 摆好样子 |
[01:00] | I’ve got gravitational blood drops | 我找到了背向尸体的 |
[01:01] | over here heading away from the body. | 重力型血滴 |
[01:04] | Maybe from the weapon? | 说不定是从凶器上滴下来的 |
[01:07] | Well, looks like a trail. | 好像是一长串的血迹 |
[01:08] | Nice night for a stroll. | 今晚倒也挺适合散步 |
[01:20] | Well, end of the blood trail. | 血迹到头了 |
[01:23] | No murder weapon, | 没有凶器 |
[01:24] | but looks like we have another victim. | 却找到了另一名受害者 |
[01:30] | It’s been stabbed. | 被捅死的 |
[01:33] | There has to be a connection. | 一定有某种联系 |
[01:35] | Maybe the killer is making a reference | 大概凶手想要模仿 |
[01:37] | to Edgar Allen Poe. | 埃德加·爱伦·坡[美国悬疑小说家] |
[01:38] | Well, then he needs to brush up on his birds. | 那他起码得给自己的鸟上个色 |
[01:40] | This isn’t a raven, it’s a rook. | 这不是乌鸦 这是白嘴鸦[其诗篇”乌鸦”] |
[01:42] | You see the white skin around its beak? | 看见它喙边一圈白色吗 |
[01:47] | A rook? | 白嘴鸦 |
[01:49] | Well, the weird thing though is rooks are | 比较奇怪的是 白嘴鸦活跃于中欧 |
[01:50] | indigenous to Central Europe and Asia. | 以及亚洲地区 |
[01:53] | What’s one doing in Southern Nevada? | 怎么内华达南边会冒出来一只 |
[01:55] | I think I made the connection. | 我知道有什么联系了 |
[01:56] | Between a bird and an Elvis impersonator? | 一只鸟和一个猫王模仿艺人 |
[01:59] | No, between a rook… | 不 是城堡[白嘴鸦] |
[02:03] | and a king. | 和国王[猫王] |
[02:04] | As in, they’re both chess pieces. | 它们正好…都是国际象棋的棋子 |
[02:06] | As in, whoever our killer is | 不管凶手是谁 |
[02:08] | has a sick sense of humor. | 他一定有着病态的幽默 |
[02:51] | Lost or lost in your thoughts? | 你是不认路了 还是想不通了 |
[02:55] | Avenue D and 1st. | D街和一街 |
[02:57] | D1 | D1. |
[02:59] | We found the king at Avenue C and 1st. | 我们在C街和一街发现了国王 |
[03:03] | C1 | C1. |
[03:04] | Now I’m lost. | 现在轮到我想不通了 |
[03:06] | We’re looking for the primary, right? | 我们不是要寻找第一犯罪现场吗 |
[03:14] | Where are we going? | 这是要去哪儿 |
[03:20] | Uh, you want to fill me in, or…? | 你要不要先给我解释一下… |
[03:24] | The squares of a chessboard are delineated | 象棋棋盘是由字母和数字分割 |
[03:26] | by letters and numbers. | 切成八行八列 |
[03:28] | Avenue E and 1st Street– E1. | E街和一街是E1 |
[03:31] | Now, there is a chess move known as “Castling.” | 国际象棋里有个特殊规则叫”入堡”[王车易位] |
[03:34] | The player moves two pieces at the same time. | 棋手可以同时移动两块棋子 |
[03:37] | The rook from its original position to D1, | 城堡移位到D1 |
[03:39] | and the king from E1 to C1. | 王则交换位置从E1到C1 |
[03:44] | From Avenue E and 1st Street to Avenue C and 1st Street. | 从E街一街交叉口到C街一街交叉口 |
[03:47] | We are in the Alphabets. | 我们就在字母区 |
[03:47] | 72 | |
[03:48] | Um, Greg, I-I know you were captain of your | 格雷格 我知道你高中时曾是 |
[03:51] | high school chess team, and-and I respect your instincts | 校象棋队队长 我也很敬佩你 |
[03:53] | – as a criminalist immensely… – But you think I’m reaching. | -作为罪案调查家的敏锐直觉 -但你觉得太勉强了 |
[03:58] | No. | 不 |
[03:59] | Actually, I-I think you’re a genius. | 我觉得你是个天才 |
[04:01] | Memphis or Bust? | “点燃孟菲斯” |
[04:02] | Graceland’s in Memphis, right? | 雅园[猫王故居]就在孟菲斯吧 |
[04:05] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[04:12] | There is a significant amount of blood spatter in the driver’s seat. | 驾驶座上有大量喷溅的血迹 |
[04:16] | I think we just found our primary. | 我觉得我们找到案发现场了 |
[04:20] | Maybe he wanted us to find the king’s carriage as well. | 连国王的座驾都给我们了 |
[04:24] | Even threw in the murder weapon. | 还把凶器扔在了这里 |
[04:29] | So, Doc, word on the street is… | 医生 坊间传言… |
[04:31] | If you say, | 如果你也要来一句 |
[04:32] | “The king is dead,” | “其王已逝” |
[04:33] | I will kick you right out of here. | 我立马就把你赶出去 |
[04:35] | I’ve already had my fill of bad Elvis puns from David. | 我已经受够了大卫蹩脚的猫王双关词了 |
[04:39] | So hard to resist. | 忍不住嘛 |
[04:40] | Yes, I’m sure. | 确实憋不住 |
[04:41] | Okay, C.O.D. is multiple craniocerebral injuries | 颅脑受伤是主要致死原因 |
[04:45] | due to the blunt force trauma to the head. | 头部多次遭受钝器重伤 |
[04:48] | Consistent with the tire iron we found. | 印证了我们在现场找到的卸胎棍 |
[04:50] | Didn’t have any prints on it. | 上面没有任何指纹 |
[04:52] | Well, he was struck at least a dozen times. | 他被打了至少十多次 |
[04:54] | – Suggests rage. – With a twist. | -说明凶手很愤怒 -而且还花了些心思 |
[04:56] | The tox screen flagged diphenhydramine in his system. | 毒理测试证明他体内有苯海拉明[抗过敏药] |
[05:00] | Wow, at these levels, | 浓度这么高 |
[05:02] | even the real Elvis would’ve been unconscious. | 就算是真猫王也会失去意识的 |
[05:04] | Yes. There, uh… | 对 但是… |
[05:06] | was no pill residue in his gastric contents, | 他的胃容物里没有药片的残留 |
[05:09] | but I found this. | 可我找到了这个 |
[05:11] | An injection site. | 一个注射孔 |
[05:14] | So, he was drugged before he was beaten to death. | 他被打死前还被人下药了 |
[05:17] | Premeditation, careful planning. | 预谋好的 很谨慎的计划 |
[05:19] | Just like a chess player. | 就像一个棋手一样 |
[05:21] | Well, that’s very astute of you. | 你还真是聪明呢 |
[05:23] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[05:24] | Out. Get out. | 出去 快出去 |
[05:30] | I know you’re a fan of fungi, | 我知道你是一个蘑菇迷 |
[05:31] | but are you also a fan of nonvascular plants? | 不知道你是不是也喜欢非维管束植物吗 |
[05:33] | Specifically bryophyta? | 尤其是藓类植物门 |
[05:35] | Should I be? | 我应该喜欢吗 |
[05:36] | Well, if it helps us catch a killer, yes. | 如果对我们抓凶手有帮助的话就是 |
[05:38] | I found what I thought was a hair | 我在猫王的工作服上发现了 |
[05:40] | on the king’s jumpsuit. | 一根我以为是头发的东西 |
[05:42] | Didn’t match our vic, so I ran it. | 但跟死者的不匹配 所以我检测了一下 |
[05:44] | And you found out that it was moss. | 然后你发现那是一根苔藓 |
[05:46] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:47] | In this case, | 那是一个 |
[05:47] | a small, but mighty variety | 渺小却强大的物种 |
[05:50] | capable of consuming 20% of its own weight in fluids. | 能用液体构成身体重量的20% |
[05:53] | Sounds like my college roommate. | 听起来跟我的大学室友一样 |
[05:55] | I know that guy. | 我知道那家伙 |
[05:56] | It’s a little strange, isn’t it? | 这有点奇怪 不是吗 |
[05:58] | I mean, you can’t grow moss in Vegas; it’s a desert. | 你不能在维加斯种苔藓 这里是沙漠 |
[06:00] | You need moisture. | 苔藓需要潮湿的环境 |
[06:01] | I found traces of sodium lauryl sulfate | 我在茎上发现了月桂醇硫酸钠 |
[06:03] | and shea butter on the stem. | 和乳木果油的痕迹 |
[06:05] | Those are commonly found in shampoos and bath oils. | 这些东西通常存在于洗发水和沐浴露里 |
[06:09] | I give up. Where’s this moss from? | 我投降了 那根苔藓是从哪来的 |
[06:10] | Not to shill for the Mediterranean Hotel, | 我不是在帮地中海酒店抬高身价 |
[06:13] | but they recently installed live-moss bath mats | 但他们最近给所有的房间都装了 |
[06:16] | in all of their rooms. | 活苔藓做的浴垫 |
[06:18] | Part of an “environmental chic” design. | 是”环境别致”设计的一部分 |
[06:20] | Now, I checked. Our Elvis impersonator is | 我查过了 我们的猫王模仿员 |
[06:23] | persona non grata at the Mediterranean, | 不是地中海酒店的客人 |
[06:25] | but perhaps our killer isn’t. | 但凶手也许是 |
[06:27] | Bit of a long shot, don’t you think? | 你这猜得有点不靠谱啊 你不觉得吗 |
[06:29] | Not if I told you that the Mediterranean | 如果我告诉你地中海酒店正在举办 |
[06:31] | is currently hosting an international chess tournament. | 一个国际象棋锦标赛你就不这么觉得了 |
[06:40] | Welcome to the King’s Crown Tournament. | 欢迎来到王冠锦标赛 |
[06:42] | All players, please show your USCM I.D. cards | 所有选手 请在注册处出示 |
[06:45] | at the registration desk. | 您的美国象棋协会会员卡 |
[06:48] | Hi. | 你好 |
[06:50] | – Check. – Damn it. | -将军 -妈的 |
[06:57] | Come on, man. | 得了吧 伙计 |
[06:58] | You really think that one of these guys | 你真认为这里面的一个人 |
[07:00] | took a tire iron to the king? | 用卸胎棍打死了猫王吗 |
[07:02] | What? | 什么 |
[07:03] | Too nerdy to kill? | 书呆子就不能杀人吗 |
[07:04] | Well, yeah. I mean, look at them. | 对 看看他们 |
[07:07] | I doubt if half of these guys could even hold a tire iron | 我怀疑他们中的一半人都没法把卸胎棍 |
[07:09] | over their head, much less swing it. | 举过头顶 更不用说挥舞它了 |
[07:12] | Chess is by definition | 国际象棋的定义 |
[07:14] | a sequence of captures, ambushes, sacrifices | 是一系列的掠夺 埋伏 牺牲 |
[07:18] | and attacks. | 以及攻击 |
[07:19] | It’s violence played out. | 通过游戏 血腥与暴力尽在其中 |
[07:22] | Uh, no, I think it’s just a board game. | 不 我觉得它只是个棋类游戏 |
[07:25] | LVPD? | 拉斯维加斯警局的吗 |
[07:26] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:27] | I’m Jenny Carroll, the tournament director. | 我是珍妮·克拉尔 赛事总监 |
[07:29] | I believe I spoke with one of you on the phone. | 我觉得我跟你们俩中的一个通过电话 |
[07:31] | – That would be me. I’m CSI Sanders. – Hi. | -是我 我是犯罪现场调查员桑德斯 -你好 |
[07:33] | – CSI Stokes. – Thank you for your time. | -这是调查员斯托克斯 -感谢你的合作 |
[07:35] | We just want to ask you a few questions, okay? | 我们只想问你几个问题 |
[07:37] | What about? | 关于什么的 |
[07:38] | Well, actually, it’s about a homicide. | 实际上是关于一起谋杀案 |
[07:41] | A homicide connected to the festival? | 跟锦标赛有关的谋杀案吗 |
[07:43] | You mentioned on the phone | 你在电话里提到 |
[07:44] | that this tournament is part of a promotional tour? | 这次比赛是宣传之旅的一部分 |
[07:47] | Yes, we are trying to broaden the appeal of the game. | 对 我们在试图扩大这个项目的影响力 |
[07:51] | Just make it sexier. | 让它变得更性感 |
[07:53] | Oh, well, no offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[07:54] | You might want to try getting a few more women in the joint. | 但你应该让队伍里多一些女人 |
[07:56] | Oh, I agree. | 我同意 |
[07:58] | Chess has been pretty much a man’s game. | 国际象棋一直是男人的游戏 |
[08:00] | It would be nice to open it up. | 能更开放些就好了 |
[08:01] | Can’t say I disagree with that. | 我同意你的观点 |
[08:05] | Uh, excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[08:08] | He, uh… | 他… |
[08:09] | he played chess in high school; he-he gets really excited. | 他高中时下过棋 所以现在很激动 |
[08:12] | Check. | 将军 |
[08:22] | Kid? | 孩子 |
[08:22] | I should’ve known that you would’ve been here. | 我早该想到你也会来的 |
[08:24] | Hey, do you mind? | 能继续下棋吗 |
[08:26] | Man’s an old friend. | 这是我的老朋友 |
[08:28] | A player once, too. | 以前也是位棋手 |
[08:30] | Well, if that’s the case, then you should know enough | 既然如此 那你就应该懂得 |
[08:31] | to show some respect for the game. | 尊重这个游戏 |
[08:33] | People should show respect period. | 不管是对象棋还是人 都应该懂得尊重 |
[08:39] | We’re done. | 不用比了 |
[08:42] | He’s, uh…intense. | 他反应有点过啊 |
[08:45] | From the looks of it, he had already lost anyways. | 不过看起来 他本来也要输了 |
[08:48] | I assume you’re not here for the tournament. | 你应该不是为了竞赛而来的吧 |
[08:52] | I’m sorry, I still can’t believe | 很抱歉 我还是不敢相信 |
[08:53] | anyone here would be involved in murder. | 这里的某个人会出手杀人 |
[08:56] | Well, I’ve seen stranger things. | 怪事多着呢 这不算什么 |
[09:00] | So, how long is the tournament in town? | 这场竞赛将在这里举行多久 |
[09:03] | Since Monday. | 我们周一就来了 |
[09:03] | We’re on the eighth stop of a 12-city tour. | 这是我们巡回十二个城市的第八站 |
[09:06] | And how many players do you have? | 这里有多少位棋手 |
[09:08] | 150 signed up in Vegas. | 仅在维加斯有一百五十人申请加入 |
[09:10] | Well, if you don’t mind, | 如果你不介意 |
[09:11] | I’m gonna need a list of all their names. | 请你给我一份棋手名单 |
[09:13] | Including a list of all your vendors. | 包括这些贩卖商的名单 |
[09:16] | Quite frankly, anything associated | 说白了 所有跟这个象棋旅行 |
[09:18] | with the chess tour, okay? | 有关的信息我都需要 明白吗 |
[09:20] | Okay, sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[09:21] | I-I still think you’re looking in the wrong place, | 我仍然认为你们弄错了 |
[09:23] | but whatever you need. | 不过只要你需要 我可以提供 |
[09:25] | Who is this guy? | 他是谁 |
[09:26] | What’s going on over here? | 那边的人在干什么 |
[09:27] | It’s called a “Simul”. | 这种比赛形式叫做”同步下棋” |
[09:29] | Um, man in the middle is former champion Karl Schrute. | 中间那位是前世界冠军卡尔·施鲁特 |
[09:32] | He’s playing against everyone seated. | 他在和就坐的各位下棋 |
[09:34] | He’s playing everybody at once? | 同时和所有人一起下 |
[09:35] | Yeah, he’s our star attraction. | 没错 他是活动的一大招牌 |
[09:36] | Ah, that’s a pretty cool trick. | 这倒是挺赞的 |
[09:38] | Amateurs come from all over to play against him. | 各地的业余爱好者都为了挑战他而来 |
[09:41] | So, former champ. | 以前的世界冠军 |
[09:42] | Has anyone ever beat him doing that? | 有人这样赢过他吗 |
[09:44] | Never. | 从未有过 |
[09:46] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[09:47] | Looks like you could beat him pretty easy. | 我看你赢他应该挺轻松的 |
[09:49] | Okay, I’ll start working on that list. | 我这就去给你准备名单 |
[09:51] | Okay. | 行 |
[09:58] | “Chess Freak Kills the King”. | “象棋怪人杀了王” |
[10:02] | Would certainly make for a great headline. | 会是个不错的头条新闻 |
[10:04] | Maybe I can see it. | 也许我能理解 |
[10:06] | At first, the game gets in your blood. | 一开始 你只是单纯热爱象棋 |
[10:08] | Then it gets in your head. | 渐渐地 象棋开始左右你的思想 |
[10:11] | It can drive you to madness. | 甚至把你逼疯 |
[10:15] | Any idea who you’re looking for? | 关于凶手你们有什么线索吗 |
[10:17] | I’ve already told you everything I can tell you, Max. | 我能说的都已经说了 马克斯 |
[10:20] | Heard that before. | 这话我听过 |
[10:21] | Day you told me you were turning your back on the game. | 你决定放弃象棋时 也是这么跟我说的 |
[10:27] | It’s good to see you again, Max. | 很高兴又见到了你 马克斯 |
[10:29] | Good to be seen. | 是啊 |
[10:39] | Nick got a list of all the participants | 尼克拿到了在王冠锦标赛 |
[10:41] | and the vendors at the King’s Crown. | 参加活动的选手和小贩的名单 |
[10:43] | There are a lot of names to go through. | 要调查的人很多啊 |
[10:45] | Let’s pull people from day shift and swing. | 找日班的人轮流看吧 |
[10:47] | More eyes, the better. | 人越多 观点越多越好 |
[10:49] | You know, if you want to play by yourself, | 如果你想一个人下棋 |
[10:50] | there’s, uh, computers for that. | 可以在电脑上下嘛 |
[10:52] | Yeah. Actually, do me a favor. Come here. | 知道 来帮我个忙 过来 |
[10:54] | Sit down for a sec. | 坐一会儿 |
[10:59] | Take a look at the white pieces. | 看看这些白棋 |
[11:01] | Tell me what you see. | 你看到了什么 |
[11:03] | Looks like you castled your king. | 王车易位了 |
[11:05] | On the queen’s side, just like the killer. | 跟凶手一样 不过是在王后这边易位的 |
[11:07] | But what else? | 还有什么 |
[11:10] | You moved your pawns, your knight, | 你动了兵 骑士 |
[11:14] | the bishop and the queen. | 主教 还有王后 |
[11:15] | If you want to castle, you have to move those pieces. | 如果想入堡 必须移开这些棋子 |
[11:20] | Because castling can’t be an opening move. | 因为棋手不能以王车移位开局 |
[11:22] | Which means if the killer is following the rules, | 如此说来 如果凶手按常理出牌 |
[11:25] | our Elvis impersonator would not be his first kill. | 那个假猫王应该不是他的第一个受害者 |
[11:28] | And if that’s true, then our job just got a lot harder. | 如果真是这样 我们的工作就更难做了 |
[11:31] | We’re not just looking for a suspect, | 我们不仅要寻找嫌疑人 |
[11:34] | we’re looking for more victims. | 还需要找更多的受害者 |
[11:39] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:40] | – It’s okay, I’m on hold. – I’ve been looking at | -没关系 我等着接听呢 -我一直在排查 |
[11:41] | all of our open cases for the past year. | 我们近一年中还未结案的案子 |
[11:44] | None of them seem to have anything to do with chess. | 没有一个能和象棋搭上边的 |
[11:46] | What about outside Vegas? | 维加斯之外呢 |
[11:48] | You’re thinking that if our killer is connected | 你是觉得如果凶手和 |
[11:49] | to the King’s Crown Tour, | 王冠巡回锦标赛有关 |
[11:51] | maybe our cases that we’re looking for | 也许我们在找的案子 |
[11:53] | are in cities where the tour has stopped. | 是在他们去过的其它城市里发生的 |
[11:55] | Yeah. I’m on hold with San Francisco PD right now. | 对 我现在就在等旧金山警局接听电话 |
[11:57] | Yeah. Oh, Detective Ettinger. | 在 埃廷格警探 |
[11:59] | Yeah, I’m looking for unsolved murders | 是的 我在找二月十七日那周的 |
[12:02] | the week of February 17th. | 没结案的凶杀案 |
[12:04] | Right, bodies found near numbered streets or avenues. | 对 尸体丢在由号码命名的街道上 |
[12:08] | Uh, there is one other parameter. | 还有一点 |
[12:09] | It’s gonna sound a little crazy, but, uh, the crimes would have | 听起来有点荒唐 但是犯罪现场 |
[12:12] | some sort of association with chess. | 要与象棋搭上边 |
[12:15] | Yeah, like, the victim could be a bishop | 对 比如受害者可能是位主教 |
[12:17] | or a priest | 或是牧师 |
[12:18] | or maybe some kind of queen. | 也可能是某种王后类似的 |
[12:22] | I know it sounds crazy. Look, an-any help | 我知道这听起来很荒唐 |
[12:24] | that-that you could give would be greatly appreciated. | 无论你们找到什么 我们都会很感激的 |
[12:27] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[12:29] | I do not envy you. | 我还真不羡慕你这活儿 |
[12:30] | Well, misery loves company. | 有难同当嘛 |
[12:32] | We… have six more cities to call. | 还有六个地方得打电话去 |
[12:42] | Russell, you were right. | 罗素 你说对了 |
[12:43] | Our Elvis impersonator was not the killer’s first victim. | 那个假猫王并非第一个死于凶手手下的人 |
[12:46] | Morgan and I found six other murders | 我和摩根又发现了另外六起谋杀案 |
[12:47] | that look to be chess-related– not in Vegas, | 看起来和象棋有关 不在维加斯 |
[12:50] | but in the last three cities | 不过所在的三个城市 |
[12:51] | that the chess tour visited. | 正是那个象棋巡回赛之前造访过的 |
[12:52] | Portland, San Francisco and Reno. | 波特兰 旧金山和里诺 |
[12:54] | In Portland, a woman on horseback | 在波特兰 一名女子死在了马背上 |
[12:56] | and a homeless man. | 还死了个流浪汉 |
[12:57] | Knight and a pawn. | 代表骑士和兵 |
[12:59] | In San Francisco, a drag queen and a priest. | 旧金山死了一个变装皇后和一个牧师 |
[13:01] | A queen and a bishop. | 代表王后和主教 |
[13:02] | And in Reno, another homeless person and a priest. | 在里诺 又死了一个流浪汉和一个牧师 |
[13:06] | Another pawn and a bishop. | 另一个兵和主教 |
[13:08] | All the bodies were dumped at intersections | 所有的尸体都被丢弃在 |
[13:10] | of numbered and lettered streets. | 以数字和字母命名的街道交界处 |
[13:12] | So we have seven victims. | 现在有了七具尸体 |
[13:14] | Seven chess murders. | 都与象棋有关 |
[13:16] | But I don’t believe that the murders are capture-kills. | 但我不觉得凶手是冲着杀人来的 |
[13:19] | The killer is not eliminating pieces. | 凶手不是在吃子 |
[13:21] | I believe that these murders are chess moves. | 我觉得这几起谋杀是凶手在走棋 |
[13:24] | Like our dead Elvis– king to C1. | 比如死掉的猫王 代表国王走到C1位子 |
[13:26] | He wasn’t eliminating the king… | 他不是要吃掉国王 |
[13:29] | just moving him. | 只是把国王移个位子 |
[13:30] | So we have a serial killer who’s playing a game, | 就是说这个连环杀手是在下棋 |
[13:33] | and every time he makes a move, somebody dies. | 每次他走一步棋 就有人要死 |
[13:38] | Yeah. Well, based on what I can see, | 没错 而且依我来看 |
[13:40] | the game’s just beginning. | 这盘棋才刚刚开局 |
[13:55] | I knew you’d be back. | 我就知道你还得回来 |
[13:57] | Same old Max. | 你也是啊 马克斯 |
[13:59] | How many games have you played | 你光是盯着那块棋盘 |
[14:00] | just staring at that board? | 都下了多少盘棋啦 |
[14:03] | Why don’t you sit down… find out? | 何不坐下来 自己找答案呢 |
[14:06] | I told you. | 我说过了 |
[14:07] | I don’t play anymore. | 我已经不下棋了 |
[14:09] | You play every day. | 你每天都在下棋 |
[14:11] | You just don’t do it on a chessboard. | 只是不在棋盘上下罢了 |
[14:17] | The only game I’m playing right now | 眼下我走的唯一一盘棋 |
[14:20] | is “Catch A Killer.” | 就是”擒凶” |
[14:22] | And I need your help. | 我有事相求 |
[14:24] | This is a list of chess moves. | 这是一段棋谱 |
[14:27] | I need to know what move comes next. | 我想知道下一步怎么走 |
[14:31] | You already know it. | 你已经知道了 |
[14:34] | In here. | 就在这儿 |
[14:37] | I really don’t. | 我真不知道 |
[14:39] | I only have one side of the board, | 我只知道我这边的走法 |
[14:41] | and I don’t know any of the opponent’s moves. | 完全不知道对手的路数 |
[14:43] | Remember what I told you all those years ago? | 还记得我多年前跟你说过的吗 |
[14:46] | Don’t play the board, | 你下的不是棋 |
[14:49] | play the man. | 是人 |
[14:51] | Greg, the board is the face of your opponent. | 格雷格 棋盘就是你对手的脸 |
[14:56] | You can know a man just by watching him play. | 看人下棋就能了解这个人 |
[14:59] | I knew you the minute you put your money down to play me. | 你放下钱要单挑我那一刻 我就看透你了 |
[15:03] | You don’t know me. | 你根本不了解我 |
[15:05] | You come here every day after school. | 你每天一放学就来这儿 |
[15:08] | You’re not at football practice, | 你不练橄榄球 |
[15:10] | you’re not in the parking lot getting high. | 也不在停车场胡来 |
[15:12] | You’re different from the other kids. | 你不同于其他孩子 |
[15:15] | You think differently, feel differently. | 你思维独特 感受独特 |
[15:18] | You want different. | 你想要的也不一样 |
[15:19] | What do I want? | 我想要什么 |
[15:21] | You want to be the best! | 你想成为佼佼者 |
[15:23] | But to be the best, you’ve got to go through me. | 不过要称王称霸 你得先过我这关 |
[15:29] | School’s in. | 你先走 |
[15:31] | Come on, Max. | 得了 马克斯 |
[15:32] | We’re not back in the park. | 我们现在不在公园里 |
[15:34] | This isn’t a lesson here. | 我不是来让你给我上课的 |
[15:35] | There are people’s lives at stake. | 现在是人命攸关的事 |
[15:46] | This game has already been played. | 这盘棋有人下过了 |
[15:48] | 16 years ago. | 就在十六年前 |
[15:49] | These are the opening moves in the championship match | 这是卡尔·施鲁特和特洛伊·帕克决赛时 |
[15:52] | between Karl Schrute and Troy Parker. | 开局的几步棋 |
[15:56] | Karl Schrute– that’s the guy doing the dog and pony show, | 卡尔·施鲁特 不就是这次比赛为了作秀 |
[15:59] | playing simuls in this tournament here. | 同时和几个人对弈那家伙吗 |
[16:02] | Man’s got to make a living. | 人总得养家糊口啊 |
[16:05] | All right, what about, uh, his opponent, Parker? | 好吧 那他的对手帕克呢 |
[16:10] | Troy Parker was the greatest American player | 特洛伊·帕克是继鲍比·菲舍尔后 |
[16:12] | since Bobby Fischer. | 美国最伟大的棋手 |
[16:14] | Till he lost that championship in ’98. | 后来他在九八年输了那场比赛 |
[16:17] | After that, he went off the rails. | 之后他就一蹶不振 |
[16:20] | Just disappeared. | 人间蒸发了 |
[16:23] | Back in ’98… | 九八年那盘棋 |
[16:27] | what was Parker’s next move? | 帕克下一步怎么走的 |
[16:29] | Bishop to E3. | 主教走到E3位 |
[16:33] | Mm, yes. | 对了 |
[16:36] | It was Parker’s fatal move, actually. | 其实帕克就毁在那步棋上了 |
[16:39] | A mental mistake. | 太大意了 |
[16:40] | Uncharacteristic for someone so gifted. | 他实力超群 不该走那步棋 |
[16:43] | And it was that move that gave you the game? | 就因为那步棋让你占了上风 |
[16:47] | Yes, yes. | 没错 |
[16:48] | He had me on the ropes until then. | 在那之前 我一直是举步维艰 |
[16:51] | Only a few moves away from victory. | 他离胜利也就几步之遥了 |
[16:57] | And it wasn’t just the end of the game. No. | 那不仅仅代意味着那场对局的结束 |
[16:59] | It was the end of him. | 也意味着他棋手生涯的结束 |
[17:02] | The man became a ghost. | 他自此成为一缕孤魂 |
[17:04] | Do you think he might harbor any resentment toward you | 他会不会因那场对局而对你心怀怨愤 |
[17:08] | about the game or even try to… | 甚至想要… |
[17:12] | engineer some kind of a rematch? | 策划某个能与你再次对弈的机会 |
[17:15] | Troy Parker was not a violent man. | 特洛伊·帕克是个文明人 |
[17:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:21] | So can you think of anyone else out there | 你能否想一想 |
[17:23] | who might have an unhealthy interest | 还有谁可能会对你与帕克的那场对局 |
[17:27] | in your old match with Parker? | 怀有病态的执着 |
[17:28] | I can think of hundreds of people | 对那场对弈回味无穷的人 |
[17:30] | that cannot stop talking about that match. | 随便都能指出好几百号 |
[17:35] | And as far as “unhealthy interest,” | 至于”病态的执着” |
[17:38] | I get a letter a week from some crackpot. | 我一周前收到某个疯子寄来的一封信 |
[17:42] | Really? | 是吗 |
[17:44] | Have you, uh, received any recently? | 那你最近还有收到吗 |
[17:48] | You know, I did receive an odd missive | 我刚到酒店的时候 |
[17:51] | when I first arrived at the hotel. | 确实收到了一封奇怪的信件 |
[17:52] | I didn’t think twice about it. | 但我没多想 |
[17:54] | What kind of missive? | 是怎么样的信 |
[17:55] | It was a note wishing me well, wrapped around a chess piece. | 就是一张向我祝好的纸 里面包着棋子 |
[17:59] | Um, it was sort of, mm… handmade. | 有点像是手工制作的 |
[18:06] | It was a bishop. | 是一枚主教 |
[18:07] | – Do you still have it? – I believe so. | -你还留着吗 -应该还在 |
[18:09] | Unless they’ve emptied the trash. | 除非他们已经清过垃圾了 |
[18:56] | I processed the hand-carved bishop sent to Karl Schrute. | 我处理了那只送给卡尔·施鲁特的手工主教 |
[19:00] | It wasn’t hand-carved so much as it was hand-sculpted. | 那不是手工雕刻的 连手工塑形都算不上 |
[19:03] | Made from paper-mache? | 用纸胶做的 |
[19:05] | A curious stew of toilet paper, laundry soap and water. | 将厕纸 肥皂和水混合之后的产物 |
[19:09] | Okay. That sounds improvised. | 听着颇为简陋 |
[19:11] | By someone with a lot of time on his hands. | 制作者一定闲的蛋疼 |
[19:13] | Say, a prison inmate? | 比如说 一名犯人 |
[19:15] | The laundry soap in our bishop | 这只主教里面的肥皂 |
[19:17] | is specifically formulated to work with the hard water | 是用伊利州立监狱内的硬质水 |
[19:20] | at Ely State Prison. | 按照一定比例揉出来的 |
[19:22] | Good work. All right, | 干得漂亮 那么… |
[19:24] | so we need to cross-reference the list of people who attended | 我们需要将参加象棋巡赛的人员名单 |
[19:27] | the chess tour with the population of Ely, right? | 与伊利监狱的人名做交叉比对 |
[19:30] | Already done. | 已经比对过了 |
[19:31] | I have a face and a name. | 我查到了一个人 有他的照片和名字 |
[19:34] | You are on fire. | 你太能干了 |
[19:37] | “Lee Crosby.” | 李·克罗斯比 |
[19:45] | So you’re just gonna to sit there? | 你就只是安静地坐着 |
[19:49] | Not gonna ask why you’re here? | 都不打算问问为什么会被带到这来吗 |
[19:50] | You’ll tell me when you want to. | 你想说的时候自然会说 |
[19:52] | Or maybe you already know. | 还是其实你自己心里有数 |
[19:53] | That’s a photo | 这是七路公交车的 |
[19:55] | from the dash-cam of a Number 7 Bus. | 行车记录仪拍摄到的照片 |
[19:57] | It shows you two nights ago | 证明了你前天晚上 |
[19:59] | on the corner of Avenue C and 5th. | 有出现在C街和五街的转弯处 |
[20:01] | Four blocks away from here. | 距离这里只有四个街区 |
[20:06] | A bold opening. | 开局真大胆 |
[20:08] | It’s aggressive. | 相当的咄咄逼人 |
[20:10] | I usually find when an opponent leads | 我一般在对手做了大动作之后 |
[20:12] | with a big move, they don’t have much of a game to back it up. | 才会出杀手锏 这样对手就无力回天了 |
[20:14] | We’re not playing chess here, Mr. Crosby. | 我们不是在下棋 克罗斯比先生 |
[20:17] | And the fact of the matter is, | 而且事实是… |
[20:18] | we have plenty. | 我们办法多的是 |
[20:19] | I guess this is the part where I call my lawyer. | 现在是到了我该请律师的时候了吧 |
[20:23] | Five bills an hour– | 一小时五百块… |
[20:24] | I say save the money, indulge the cop. | 我还是选择省点钱 乖乖配合警方 |
[20:27] | We know you spent five years | 我们知道你因非法持有毒品 |
[20:29] | at Ely for possession, | 在伊利监狱里服役五年 |
[20:30] | and that most of that time was spent in a rehab program | 大部分时间都花在了戒毒项目上 |
[20:34] | that taught you how to play chess. | 因此学会了下国际象棋 |
[20:37] | Some inmates find God. I found the Royal Game. | 一些狱友皈依了上帝 而我醉心于皇家游戏 |
[20:39] | You know what we keep finding? | 你知道我们深入调查后发现什么吗 |
[20:41] | You. | 到处都有你 |
[20:42] | In Portland, San Francisco, Reno. | 波特兰 旧金山 里诺 |
[20:45] | All stops on the chess tour. | 象棋巡赛的所有赛点 |
[20:47] | Cities where bodies have been dropping. | 发现尸体的城市 |
[20:48] | Like little chess moves on a board. | 就像在棋盘上走棋 |
[20:52] | Admittedly, I am a bit insane… | 我得承认 我对象棋 |
[20:55] | about… chess. | 是有点太过着迷 |
[20:58] | Yes, I have been following the tour, | 是 我是跟着巡回赛一路过来 |
[21:01] | but, like, riding buses at night. | 但我只做过半夜乘公交之类的事 |
[21:02] | That’s all I’ve been doing. | 别的我什么都没干 |
[21:06] | You know who Troy Parker is, right? | 你知道特洛伊·帕克 对吧 |
[21:07] | 象棋界不世之才的陨落 | |
[21:09] | Heard of him. | 有所耳闻 |
[21:10] | At Ely, you ordered over a dozen books on him. | 你在伊利定了十几本有关他的书 |
[21:13] | Including his book on the game. | 包括他关于对弈的书 |
[21:15] | Sounds like an obsession to me. | 在我看来这算是痴迷了吧 |
[21:17] | I bet you know every move this guy’s ever made. | 你一定清楚他曾经走过的每一步棋 |
[21:20] | I bet you even think that you’re better than him. | 我猜你甚至觉得自己的技艺远高于他 |
[21:23] | Parker was the best, at the top of his game, | 帕克曾战无敌手 未尝一败 |
[21:25] | but he made a mistake, a single bad move, | 但他犯了一个错误 下错了一步棋 |
[21:27] | and it was his undoing. | 就招致了自己的毁灭 |
[21:29] | Won’t catch me making that same error. | 我不会因为同样的错误被你们抓包的 |
[21:31] | Promise you that. | 这点我可以向你们保证 |
[21:32] | You’ve been following the chess tour. | 你一路跟着象棋锦标赛 |
[21:34] | You’ve been dogging Schrute, trying to get him | 尾随施鲁特 试图让他 |
[21:37] | to play you one-on-one. | 和你来场一对一的比赛 |
[21:39] | There’s a lot of people that want to play Schrute, okay? | 想要和施鲁特对局的人数不胜数 |
[21:41] | Everyone is not obsessed | 没有谁像你一样 |
[21:42] | with his old adversary, Troy Parker, | 还对他的老对手 |
[21:44] | the way that you are. | 特洛伊·帕克这么痴迷了 |
[21:45] | So obsessed… | 如此痴迷… |
[21:47] | that you’re replaying their match from ’98. | 以致于你要重现他们九八年的比赛 |
[21:51] | And you’ve taken it to a whole another level, Mr. Crosby. | 而且你把比赛升华了 克罗斯比先生 |
[21:54] | You’re killing people. | 你在杀人了 |
[21:56] | In some sick, twisted little fantasy. | 出于某种病态扭曲的幻想 |
[22:00] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[22:05] | I would love to play Schrute. | 我很想扮演施鲁特 |
[22:08] | God, I would love to replay | 天呐 我真想重新下一次 |
[22:10] | his famous match with Parker. | 他跟帕克那场著名的比赛 |
[22:12] | And you can forget about “As good as Parker,” | 你也不用说”和帕克一样好” |
[22:15] | because I am better. | 因为我比他更好 |
[22:16] | I got something that he never had. | 我有他决不会有的东西 |
[22:17] | – What’s that? – Killer instinct. | -是什么 -杀手本能 |
[22:21] | And this is just between you and me. | 这只是我们间的秘密 |
[22:25] | I’m no killer. | 我不是凶手 |
[22:31] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[22:32] | Is he our guy? | 他是我们要找的凶手吗 |
[22:33] | Well, he’s got the arrogance. | 他有那种傲气 |
[22:35] | Delusions of grandeur. | 狂妄自大 |
[22:37] | Greg said he’s got quite a temper, too. | 格雷格说他脾气也很大 |
[22:40] | All right, let’s have Crawford sit on him | 好了 我们申请搜查证的时候 |
[22:42] | while we get a warrant, check out his place. | 让克罗福德审他 查查他的住处 |
[22:44] | Yeah. We’re definitely gonna need something more | 是啊 我们肯定要查出更紧密的证据 |
[22:46] | to connect him to one of the victims. | 才能将他和某个受害者联系起来 |
[22:50] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[22:53] | Another move has been played. | 又有一步新棋出来了 |
[22:59] | Hey, Sara. | 你好 萨拉 |
[23:00] | So what’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[23:02] | I think we have another chess killer victim. | 我想我们又有一个象棋杀手的受害者了 |
[23:04] | The next body dump was supposed to be | 下一个弃尸现场应该在 |
[23:05] | near Avenue E and 3rd. | E街和三街附近 |
[23:07] | Yeah, I know. But, uh… you need to see this. | 是的 我知道 但你得看看这个 |
[23:11] | Victim’s name is Chris Shatlock. | 受害者的名字是克里斯·夏特洛克 |
[23:13] | I found his wallet tossed on the floor. | 我发现他的钱包被丢在地上 |
[23:15] | Work card says that he does a dinner show at the Four Kings. | 工作证显示他在四王酒店表演晚宴秀 |
[23:19] | Take a look. | 来看看 |
[23:21] | Security guard discovered him. | 保安发现了他 |
[23:23] | Run through from back to front. | 剑从后面穿到前面 |
[23:26] | Found his uniform in the back. | 在后座找到了他的制服 |
[23:28] | Take a look. | 过来看看 |
[23:34] | He’s a Knight of the Round Table. | 他是圆桌骑士 |
[23:36] | A knight? | 骑士吗 |
[23:38] | But next victim should’ve been a bishop. | 但下一个受害者应该是主教才对 |
[23:41] | Bishop to E3. | 主教到E3 |
[23:42] | That’s what Schrute said; it was Parker’s next move. | 帕克的下一步 施鲁特是这么说的 |
[23:44] | Yes. But… | 是的 但是 |
[23:46] | he has an injection mark | 他脖子上有一个注射孔 |
[23:49] | on his neck, just like our dead Elvis. | 跟我们死去的猫王一样 |
[23:52] | And take a look at the wall. | 再看看墙上 |
[23:55] | Knight to A4– | 骑士到A4 |
[23:56] | that’s a chess move. | 那也是棋招 |
[23:58] | Killer’s changed his pattern. | 杀手改变路数了 |
[24:02] | He’s changed the game. | 他改变比赛了 |
[25:13] | 温带臭虫 床虱 | |
[25:29] | 特洛伊·帕克 | |
[25:30] | Troy Parker– I thought he was a ghost. | 特洛伊·帕克 我以为他已经死了 |
[25:33] | – Are you sure about this print? – Yep. | -你确定这是他的指纹吗 -是的 |
[25:35] | Which means we are holding | 那就是说我们一直弄错了 |
[25:36] | the wrong guy for these murders. | 这些谋杀案的凶手 |
[25:38] | At least the, uh, Knight of the Round Table. | 至少圆桌骑士案是这样的 |
[25:40] | T.O.D. Says he was killed at the same time | 死亡时间显示他被杀的时间 |
[25:42] | we had Lee Crosby in the box. | 与李·克罗斯比的审讯时间是一样的 |
[25:45] | So what are we thinking? | 所以怎么看 |
[25:46] | That Troy Parker is staging his comeback? | 特洛伊·帕克在为他的回归造势吗 |
[25:49] | Replaying the game he lost to Karl Schrute? | 重下他输给卡尔·施鲁特的棋局 |
[25:52] | Only to him, it’s not a game. | 只是对他来说 这不仅是比赛了 |
[25:53] | He’s making his moves by killing people. | 他将下棋演变为杀人了 |
[25:56] | Okay, so the guy’s a grandmaster. | 好吧 所以这家伙是个特级大师 |
[25:59] | Right? He thinks he’s smarter than his opponent. | 对吧 他认为他比对手更聪明 |
[26:01] | Right now, his opponent is us, | 现在 他的对手是我们 |
[26:03] | so we need to make the next move. | 所以我们得走下一步了 |
[26:06] | What do we know about him? Anything? Where is he? | 我们手上有哪些线索 他在哪儿 |
[26:08] | Well, since ’98, he’s been pretty much of a recluse, | 从九八年开始 他基本上是隐居了 |
[26:10] | and, uh, nobody has laid eyes on him in the last five years. | 最近五年也没有人关注他 |
[26:14] | Nick did pull some trace from the dead knight’s car. | 尼克确实从骑士的车里找到了一些痕迹 |
[26:17] | Hopefully, Parker left something behind. | 希望帕克有留下一些蛛丝马迹 |
[26:20] | We need to find this guy. | 我们得找到他 |
[26:23] | I think Troy Parker just reached out. | 我想特洛伊·帕克刚刚出手了 |
[26:25] | CSI Russell, Jenny Carroll. | 这位是现场调查员罗素 这是珍妮·克拉尔 |
[26:28] | Ms. Carroll is in charge of the chess tour. | 克拉尔小姐负责国际象棋巡回赛 |
[26:30] | How do you do? | 你好 |
[26:31] | How can I help you, Ms. Carroll? | 我能帮你什么 克拉尔小姐 |
[26:33] | We received this package at our reception area an hour ago. | 我们的接待处一小时前收到这个包裹 |
[26:35] | It was sent to our grandmaster- in-residence, Karl Schrute. | 是寄给我们的常驻特级大师卡尔·施鲁特的 |
[26:38] | Has anyone else touched this besides you? | 除了你外还有谁碰过这个吗 |
[26:40] | My assistant and I. He’s the one who opened it. | 只有我的助理和我 是他打开的 |
[26:50] | It’s a knight. | 是个骑士 |
[26:51] | Has Mr. Schrute seen this yet? | 施鲁特看到这个了吗 |
[26:53] | No, and truth is, | 没有 事实上 |
[26:55] | I can’t find him. No one can. | 我找不到他 没人看见他 |
[26:57] | He’s not in his room, not answering his phone. | 他不在房间 不接电话 |
[27:01] | You don’t think something’s happened to him, do you? | 你不会认为他发生什么事了吧 |
[27:03] | We’re gonna need to keep this. | 我们得留下这个 |
[27:05] | Thank you so much for-for bringing it to us. | 非常感谢你把这个拿给我们 |
[27:09] | He’s changed the game, Max. | 他改变棋路了 马克斯 |
[27:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:12] | Why do you think? | 为什么这么想 |
[27:14] | He wants to correct the error, | 他想纠正错误 |
[27:16] | the fatal mistake he made the first time around, | 他在第一回合犯下的致命错误 |
[27:18] | the one that cost him the championship. | 让他与冠军失之交臂 |
[27:21] | Correct. | 没错 |
[27:23] | Knight to A4 was the move Troy Parker should have made in ’98. | 骑士走到A4是特洛伊·帕克早在九八年就该走的 |
[27:28] | So… the guy’s trying to win. | 所以 这家伙想要赢 |
[27:30] | No. | 不 |
[27:31] | He’s going to win. | 他一定会赢 |
[27:33] | But it’s more than that. | 但不仅仅是赢 |
[27:35] | In ’98, Troy Parker was on the verge of doing something | 在九八年 特洛伊·帕克正要做一些 |
[27:38] | no one had ever done before in competition. | 在比赛中史无前例的创举 |
[27:41] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[27:42] | The Osterlitz endgame. | 奥斯特里兹残局 |
[27:45] | It’s like… the Holy Grail of chess. | 就好比是国际象棋界的圣杯 |
[27:49] | Parker was three moves | 在帕克弄砸之前 |
[27:52] | away from making history when he screwed up. | 他只差三步就能创造历史了 |
[27:54] | Bishop to E3. | 主教走到E3 |
[27:57] | The move that ruined his life. | 那一步毁了他的人生 |
[28:01] | You think Parker’s killing these people, don’t you? | 你觉得是帕克杀了这些人 对吗 |
[28:05] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没那么说 |
[28:06] | Let me tell you something. | 我告诉你吧 |
[28:08] | Troy Parker was a genius. | 特洛伊·帕克是个天才 |
[28:12] | And… he was a fool. | 同时 他也是个傻子 |
[28:16] | The man you’re looking for | 而你要找的凶手 |
[28:17] | is neither. | 既不是天才也不是傻子 |
[28:19] | And it’s definitely not… Parker. | 肯定不是帕克 |
[28:23] | How can you be so sure? | 你怎么能这么肯定 |
[28:25] | I mean, you’re the one who said it. | 那话可是你说的 |
[28:28] | Chess can drive a man to madness. | 国际象棋能使人疯狂 |
[28:34] | 逍遥法外的特洛伊·帕克 | |
[28:34] | You’re Troy Parker? | 你是特洛伊·帕克吗 |
[28:36] | Is it really you? | 真的是你吗 |
[28:37] | I often wonder that myself. Do you mind? | 我也经常质问自己 别这样好吗 |
[28:40] | I can’t believe this. This is awesome. | 简直难以置信 太棒了 |
[28:42] | It really is you. | 真的是你 |
[28:43] | Congratulations. You want a prize? | 恭喜啊 你还想领奖吗 |
[28:45] | Settle for an answer to just one question. | 我只想知道一个问题的答案 |
[28:48] | Bishop to E3, right? | 为什么走主教到E3那一步 对吗 |
[28:50] | How could I have been so stupid? | 我怎么会这么蠢 |
[28:52] | Dude, I didn’t say that. | 哥们 我可没有这么说 |
[28:54] | No, but you thought it… just like everyone thinks it. | 你就是这么想的 和别人一样 |
[28:58] | But aren’t we all entitled to make one mistake in our lives? | 但我们一生中就不能犯一次错吗 |
[29:01] | Leave me alone. | 走开 |
[29:02] | Bro, bro, come back. | 兄弟 兄弟 回来 |
[29:04] | All I wanted to ask was, “Why did you quit?” | 我只想问”你为什么退出了” |
[29:08] | Why did you quit? | 你为什么退出了 |
[29:10] | How long have you been standing there? | 你在这站了多久了 |
[29:12] | Not long. | 没多久 |
[29:13] | All these years, “Captain of the chess team.” | 这些年来 “国际象棋队队长” |
[29:16] | That’s all you ever told us. | 你就告诉我们这么点料 |
[29:17] | Didn’t know you were such a chess stud. | 以前还不知道你是这么个象棋痴迷者 |
[29:20] | Yeah, well, there are a lot of things you don’t know about me. | 我还有很多事你不知道呢 |
[29:23] | You haven’t answered the question. | 你还没回答问题呢 |
[29:25] | I don’t know why I quit. | 我不知道我为什么退出 |
[29:26] | It’s just, one day… | 只是有一天 |
[29:30] | I couldn’t do it anymore. | 我没法再继续下去了 |
[29:33] | Like him. | 跟他一样 |
[29:35] | You know what the problem is | 你知道问题在哪儿吗 |
[29:37] | with people like you, with the world? | 像你这样的人 像这个世界 |
[29:41] | You can’t understand what it is to be an artist. | 你们不能理解做一个艺术家的意义 |
[29:45] | What it is to create beauty! | 创造美的意义 |
[29:48] | You only understand ugliness, | 你们只能理解丑陋 |
[29:51] | because you can only understand yourself! | 是因为你们只能理解你们自己 |
[29:54] | Dude, I was just trying to ask… | 兄弟 我只是想问 |
[29:55] | Get that out of my face! | 别他妈拍我了 |
[29:59] | Man holds the world in contempt. | 藐视全世界的人 |
[30:02] | Just the kind of guy who might see people as chess pieces. | 是那种会把人当棋子的人 |
[30:09] | Hey, Nick. | 尼克 |
[30:09] | Yeah? Apparently, there are no shortage of people around | 显然 附近有不少人 |
[30:12] | who have seen your little friend, cimex lectularius. | 看到过你的朋友 温带臭虫 |
[30:14] | – Oh, yeah? Like who? – Got a list here | -是吗 都有谁 -我这有份名单 |
[30:16] | of motels and weeklies, | 是那些最近都遭受虫害的 |
[30:17] | all with recent infestations of bedbugs, | 汽车旅馆和小旅店 |
[30:19] | just like the one you found when you processed the car. | 就跟你处理汽车时发现的臭虫一样 |
[30:21] | Take a look at the one in Boulder City. | 看看博尔德市的那家 |
[30:23] | Manager there says he’s got a resident | 那儿的经理说 他那里有名房客 |
[30:24] | who matches the photo we sent over of Troy Parker. | 跟我们寄去的特洛伊·帕克的照片相貌吻合 |
[30:27] | – Really? – Yeah. A little older and grayer, | -真的吗 -是的 稍微老些沧桑些 |
[30:29] | but it’s definitely him. | 但肯定是他 |
[30:30] | Good. Thanks, Morgan. | 好的 谢谢 摩根 |
[30:34] | According to the manager, Parker’s been here | 根据经理的说法 帕克在这儿 |
[30:35] | for about a year under the name Jason Winston. | 化名杰森·温斯顿待了差不多一年了 |
[30:37] | He always pays his rent in advance, cash. | 他总是提前付好房租 用现金 |
[30:40] | Keeps to himself. | 独来独往 |
[30:42] | Sounds to me like a guy who didn’t want to draw | 我觉得听起来像是个 |
[30:44] | any attention to himself. | 希望尽量低调的人 |
[30:45] | Saving himself for the big event? | 不鸣则已 一鸣惊人吗 |
[30:47] | Yeah, well, game over. | 不管怎样 游戏结束了 |
[30:51] | Troy Parker, LVPD. | 特洛伊·帕克 拉斯维加斯警局 |
[30:53] | Open up! | 开门 |
[31:00] | LVPD! | 拉斯维加斯警局 |
[31:04] | Parker! | 帕克 |
[31:42] | It’s Lee Crosby. | 是李·克罗斯比 |
[31:44] | What? | 什么 |
[31:48] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[31:51] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[31:53] | Didn’t have enough to hold him. | 我们证据不足 |
[31:54] | Had to let him go this afternoon. | 下午只能把他放了 |
[31:57] | Well, for somebody | 不管是谁 |
[31:58] | who studied Parker’s every move, | 在学着帕克下每一步棋 |
[32:01] | I don’t think he saw that one coming. | 我都不觉得他会料到这种情况 |
[32:10] | I found these vials and-and syringes in the trash. | 我在垃圾桶里找到了这些药瓶和注射器 |
[32:14] | Probably from the drug that was used | 有可能就是受害者们死前 |
[32:15] | to paralyze the victims before they were killed. | 被注射的麻醉药物 |
[32:18] | I’ll send it off to Hodges. | 我会送去给霍奇斯 |
[32:24] | Talk about a dangerous mind, huh? | 这真是个危险的天才 |
[32:26] | All these chessboards. | 这些棋盘 |
[32:28] | And it looks like they’re playing the exact same game. | 看起来像是在下同一局棋 |
[32:31] | They are. | 确实如此 |
[32:33] | Except this one. | 除了这一盘 |
[32:34] | It’s further along. | 多下了好几步 |
[32:36] | My friend Max was right. | 我朋友马克斯说的没错 |
[32:39] | It’s the Osterlitz endgame. | 这就是奥斯特里兹残局 |
[32:41] | And Parker’s playing it out. | 帕克在寻找解法 |
[32:42] | Crosby’s murder– it’s another move. | 克罗斯比被谋杀 只是另一步棋 |
[32:45] | And see the pawn there tipped over? | 看到那边倒下的兵了吗 |
[32:47] | Parker’s saying that he and Crosby teamed up for the killings. | 帕克说他和克罗斯比联手制造了凶案 |
[32:50] | But this whole time, Crosby was just his pawn. | 可是从头到尾 克罗斯比只是他的兵 |
[32:54] | And the move– pawn to C6. | 而把兵移到C6的走法 |
[32:57] | It’s the part of the Osterlitz endgame | 这正是奥斯特里兹残局里 |
[32:59] | where the pawn puts the king in check, | 兵想将死国王 |
[33:01] | only to be quickly sacrificed. | 结果被干掉的那一步 |
[33:03] | What does he do next? | 他下一步会怎么做 |
[33:05] | Checkmate. | 将军 |
[33:07] | He takes down the king. | 他干掉了王 |
[33:12] | Karl Schrute is missing. | 卡尔·施鲁特失踪了 |
[33:13] | I think Parker has him. | 我觉得他在帕克手里 |
[33:16] | And he’s gonna kill him. | 帕克会杀掉他 |
[33:17] | Not if we find him first. | 除非我们能先找到他 |
[33:45] | Morgan, you’re not gonna believe this. | 摩根 你肯定不会相信这个 |
[33:47] | – Try me. – The drugs in the vials | -说来听听 -还记得从帕克那里 |
[33:48] | recovered from Parker’s place? | 找到的药瓶吗 |
[33:50] | It’s not the diphenhydramine Doc found in our victims. | 不是在受害人体内发现的苯海拉明 |
[33:53] | So what is it then? | 那里面是什么 |
[33:54] | It’s an experimental medication, | 是一种还在试验阶段的药物 |
[33:56] | available only in Europe and Mexico. | 只有欧洲和墨西哥有 |
[33:58] | Used to treat people | 用来治疗 |
[33:59] | in the late stages of vascular dementia. | 血管性痴呆晚期患者 |
[34:01] | You realize what this means, don’t you? | 你知道这意味着什么吧 |
[34:03] | If the drugs are Parker’s, there’s no way | 如果这药是帕克的 |
[34:05] | that he would be mentally or physically capable | 那他无论是心理上还是生理上 |
[34:07] | of committing any of those crimes. | 都绝无犯罪可能 |
[34:13] | Parker’s not our guy. | 凶手不是帕克 |
[34:15] | Then who is? | 那会是谁 |
[34:19] | Where’s CSI Sanders? | 桑德斯调查员呢 |
[34:21] | That’s not your problem, Mr. Lomax. | 这个与你无关 罗马克斯先生 |
[34:23] | Your problem is you’ve been lying to us. | 重点是你对我们说了谎 |
[34:24] | You knew this whole time where Parker was. | 你一直知道帕克在哪里 |
[34:27] | And you know he can barely lift a fork, | 你也知道他连个叉子都举不起来 |
[34:29] | much less commit murder. | 更别说杀人了 |
[34:31] | You should know we’re going through your place right now. | 你应该知道我们现在正在搜查你家 |
[34:34] | We’re also going through Lee Crosby’s. | 同时也在搜查李·克罗斯比家 |
[34:36] | Yeah, we know you two hooked up at Ely. | 我们知道你们是在伊利监狱认识的 |
[34:39] | During that outreach program. | 在那个所谓的援助服务期间 |
[34:41] | We know that you’re the one who taught him how to play chess. | 我们知道是你教会他下国际象棋的 |
[34:44] | Is that where you turned him on to this legendary match | 你是在那里告诉他关于特洛伊·帕克 |
[34:47] | between Troy Parker and Karl Schrute? | 和卡尔·施鲁特之间的传奇之战的吗 |
[34:50] | We got your prints. | 我们找到了你的指纹 |
[34:51] | We got you for conspiracy. | 我们怀疑你是共犯 |
[34:53] | So the only thing keeping you from the needle | 所以你唯一能洗清嫌疑的方法 |
[34:55] | is if you stop lying. | 就是说实话 |
[34:58] | And you tell us where Parker | 并且告诉我们 |
[34:59] | and Schrute are right now. | 帕克和施鲁特现在在哪儿 |
[35:01] | I never lied. | 我从不说谎 |
[35:03] | The only thing I’m guilty of | 我唯一感到愧疚的一件事 |
[35:05] | is caring for a great man. | 就是没照顾好一位伟大的老人 |
[35:08] | Now sadly diminished. | 而他已经过世了 |
[35:11] | My only crime is not turning him over to you. | 我唯一做错的是没有把他交给你们 |
[35:14] | To protect his memory. | 这是为了保护他的名誉 |
[35:17] | The world should remember him for what he was. | 这个世界应该记住他曾经的辉煌 |
[35:22] | Not as he is. | 而非他现在的状况 |
[35:23] | Yeah, well, | 好吧 |
[35:25] | all we’re concerned about, Mr. Lomax, is where he is. | 我们现在只关心他在哪儿 罗马克斯先生 |
[35:29] | And Karl Schrute. | 还有卡尔·施鲁特 |
[35:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:37] | That’s too bad. | 这样不太好 |
[35:39] | But I’ll tell you something. | 不过我有些东西想告诉你 |
[35:41] | For your sake, you better hope they’re still alive. | 为了你自己着想 不管他们在哪里 |
[35:44] | Wherever they are. | 你最好祈祷他们还活着 |
[35:54] | Kid? | 孩子 |
[35:55] | If I figured it out, and I think I have, | 如果我想明白了 至少我认为我想明白了 |
[35:58] | you can, too. | 你也可以 |
[35:59] | But you’ve got to look in the right place. | 但是你应该去正确的地方找 |
[36:02] | Just like I told you a long time ago. | 就像我很久之前告诉过你的 |
[36:06] | To see the endgame, | 为了解开残局 |
[36:09] | you have to see the board through your opponent’s eyes. | 你必须透过对手的眼光看棋局 |
[36:17] | Come on, kid, moves are motivation. | 快点 孩子 动作就是动机 |
[36:18] | I’m telling you what I’m doing, | 我在告诉你我要干什么 |
[36:20] | I’m telling you what I’m going to do. | 我在告诉你我的意图 |
[36:21] | You got to stop me, make it your game, | 你要阻止我 把它变成你主导的对弈 |
[36:23] | not mine. | 而不是我 |
[36:24] | That’s it. Good. | 好棋 好极了 |
[36:25] | Come on, come on. There you go. | 继续继续 这就对了 |
[36:27] | There you go. Take it, take it. | 这就对了 拿下 拿下 |
[36:29] | Don’t be afraid. Take it, take it, take it, take it. | 不要怕 统统拿下 |
[36:31] | Checkmate! | 将军 |
[36:34] | The endgame. | 那个残局 |
[36:46] | It’s the queen. | 是王后 |
[36:50] | Please be careful with those. | 那些要小心点拿 |
[36:52] | I’d like them to make it at least until… | 我希望它们至少能完好地到达… |
[36:55] | Phoenix. | 凤凰城 |
[36:57] | So, the tour continues. | 看来 巡回赛继续进行 |
[37:00] | Even without its star attraction. | 即使失去了明星效应 |
[37:03] | CSI Sanders. | 桑德斯调查员 |
[37:05] | Still no word on Mr. Schrute’s whereabouts? | 还是不知道施鲁特先生的下落吗 |
[37:08] | Still playing games? | 还装傻吗 |
[37:09] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 |
[37:10] | The list of vendors you gave us– | 你给我们的供应商清单 |
[37:13] | I checked it out. | 我查了一遍 |
[37:14] | You closed out all of the accounts. | 你关闭了大部分账户 |
[37:16] | Except one. | 除了一个 |
[37:18] | A storage facility downtown in the Alphabets. | 在市区字母表街区的一间仓库 |
[37:22] | Don’t worry about it because | 不用担心 |
[37:23] | we closed it for you. | 因为我们已经帮你关了 |
[37:25] | The same time that we rescued Karl Schrute and Troy Parker. | 就在我们营救卡尔·施鲁特和帕克·特洛伊的时候 |
[37:30] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[37:31] | Men are weak, aren’t they? | 男人都很弱 不是吗 |
[37:35] | Just like the king on the chessboard. | 就像棋盘上的国王一样 |
[37:37] | He hides while all the other pieces fight to protect him. | 在其他人都在奋力保护他时 他却躲着 |
[37:42] | Lee Crosby was weak, too. | 李·克罗斯比也很弱 |
[37:45] | Easily seduced into killing for you. | 容易上钩帮你杀人 |
[37:48] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[37:50] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[37:51] | You neglected to mention | 你没有告诉我们 |
[37:52] | to us that you have chess in your blood. | 你的血液中也流淌着象棋的天赋 |
[37:56] | Your father | 你的父亲… |
[37:56] | was a grandmaster. | 是位特级大师 |
[37:58] | You must’ve learned a lot from him. | 你一定跟他学到了很多东西 |
[38:00] | I learned nothing from him. | 我跟着他什么都没有学到 |
[38:02] | Except that, unlike my brothers, I was worthless. | 除了我知道跟我哥哥不同 我毫无价值 |
[38:06] | Women are worthless. | 女人毫无价值 |
[38:08] | My father used to say, “Chess is a man’s game | 我父亲曾经说 象棋是男人的游戏 |
[38:11] | because it’s about power, intellect.” | 因为它是权力和智慧的象征 |
[38:14] | All things, he said, I did not possess. | 而这些东西 他说我都没有 |
[38:18] | But your father was wrong. | 但你父亲是错的 |
[38:19] | Damn right he was wrong. | 废话 他当然是错的 |
[38:21] | I was better than my brothers. | 我比我的哥哥们好得多 |
[38:23] | Better than him. | 比他还好 |
[38:25] | And every time I killed, I was killing him. | 每次我杀人的时候 我都在杀他 |
[38:29] | So why Parker and Schrute? | 为什么要选帕克和施鲁特呢 |
[38:32] | They were just… | 他们就是… |
[38:36] | like him. | 很像他 |
[38:37] | Cut from the same cloth. | 一个模子里刻出来的 |
[38:39] | So you were better than them, too? | 所以你也比他们好 是吗 |
[38:41] | You know, there are 32 pieces on a chessboard– | 棋盘上一共有三十二枚棋子 |
[38:44] | bishops, knights, pawns, kings. | 主教 骑士 兵 国王 |
[38:49] | And yet which piece is most powerful? | 可是哪一个最强呢 |
[38:53] | The queen. | 是王后 |
[39:57] | I was just on my way out. | 我正要出去 |
[40:00] | Want to grab a bite? | 要吃点东西吗 |
[40:01] | Uh, I should… probably finish this. | 我要先写完这个 |
[40:04] | – Thanks though. – Okay. | -还是谢谢了 -好吧 |
[40:07] | Actually, | 事实上 |
[40:08] | um, you asked why I quit playing chess. | 你问我…为什么我不再下棋了 |
[40:12] | I used to think that it was | 我以前觉得是因为 |
[40:15] | because I didn’t think I had what it took to be the best. | 自己没有资格成为最优秀的棋手 |
[40:20] | Well, that couldn’t have been it. | 肯定不是因为这个 |
[40:24] | And then I realized | 然后我意识到 |
[40:26] | that chess… | 下国际象棋… |
[40:30] | requires a lot of sacrifice. | 需要很多牺牲 |
[40:33] | Too much | 太多太多的… |
[40:34] | sacrifice. | 牺牲了 |
[40:36] | And I just didn’t think it was worth it. | 我只是不觉得这一切是值得的 |
[40:38] | It stopped being fun. | 下棋不再有趣了 |
[40:40] | It requires a totally different way of thinking. | 它需要一种完全不同的思维方式 |
[40:43] | You have to retrain your mind, and… | 你必须重新整理思路 |
[40:47] | it starts to become an obsession. | 对弈就成为一种执念 |
[40:52] | Kind of like this job. | 就像这份工作一样 |
[40:55] | If you know what I mean. | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[40:57] | I do. | 我懂 |
[41:02] | I was not even my grade school champion, | 我不是我们学校里的象棋冠军 |
[41:04] | and this is kind of crazy, but, you know, | 而且这听起来有点奇怪 |
[41:06] | Russell’s got that chessboard in his office. Maybe… | 但罗素办公室里有棋盘 或许… |
[41:09] | we should get something to eat and play. | 我们可以找点吃的然后来一局 |
[41:12] | For fun? | 下着玩 |
[41:21] | Sure. | 当然 |
[41:26] | You better go easy on me. | 你最好让让我 |
[41:28] | I’ll try. | 我尽量 |