时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | JEREMY: I never did get to tell my side of the story. | 我从没得到机会讲出我的故事 |
[00:09] | I was accused of a crime I did not commit. | 我被指控了没犯过的罪行 |
[00:12] | I was held without bail | 我被拘禁在东郡拘留所 不准保释 等待审判 |
[00:13] | in the East Clark County Detention Center, awaiting trial. | |
[00:18] | I’d never been to jail before. | 我头一次进监狱 这绝不是你想来的地方 |
[00:21] | It’s not a place you wanna be. | |
[00:30] | [DOOR BUZZES] | |
[00:34] | The prosecution called on my cellmate | 检方要我的狱友指证我 |
[00:37] | to testify against me. | |
[00:39] | Well, he told them that I had confessed | 他说我承认谋杀了Thomas Harrot |
[00:41] | to the murder of Thomas Harrot. | |
[00:42] | It was a lie. | 纯属胡说 |
[00:46] | In exchange for his testimony, | 作为指证我的奖励 他获得了减刑 |
[00:48] | my cellmate got a suspended sentence. | |
[00:51] | I wanted to take the stand, | 我本打算站出来澄清 但我的辩护律师说这样对我不利 |
[00:53] | but my public defender told me it was a bad idea, | |
[00:55] | and I trusted him. | 我相信了他 |
[00:58] | MAN: Yeah. | |
[00:59] | JEREMY: I thought jail was hell. | 我以为拘留所已经是地狱 |
[01:01] | Then I got to the state pen. | 结果又到了州立监狱 |
[01:04] | I’ve been there for 18 years. | 在那里待了整整18年 |
[01:07] | After being denied parole in 2000, | 2000年 我申请假释被拒 于是我开始自学法律 |
[01:10] | I began studying the law. | |
[01:12] | I figured if nobody was gonna help me, I had to do it myself. | 我想要是没人愿意帮我 那我干脆自己来 25年监禁后 DNA报告昭雪冤情 我想要是没人愿意帮我 那我干脆自己来 25年监禁后 DNA报告昭雪冤情 |
[01:16] | And I discovered there were a lot of other innocent men like me in prison. | 我发现 狱中还有很多 和我一样蒙受不白之冤的人 25年监禁后 DNA报告昭雪冤情 我发现 狱中还有很多 和我一样蒙受不白之冤的人 |
[01:20] | There were new ways to prove that. | 新技术能帮其洗脱罪名 |
[01:26] | Then two years ago, I ran into my cellmate again, | 两年前 我又遇到那个狱友 |
[01:30] | and he revealed to me | 他说指使他作伪证的是他的律师 |
[01:32] | that the testimony against me had been his lawyer’s idea. | |
[01:35] | [GRUNTS] | |
[01:37] | GUARD 1: Everybody on the ground! GUARD 2: Everybody on the ground! | 全都趴下! |
[01:40] | That’s when I discovered that we had the same lawyer, | 那时我才知道 我们用的是同一个律师 |
[01:44] | the late Benjamin Tripp, Esquire. | 后来得知叫Benjamin Tripp先生 |
[01:51] | JEREMY: Your Honors, | 法官大人 法庭指给我的律师 与他人合谋害我 |
[01:53] | my court-appointed lawyer conspired against me, | |
[01:56] | and the county prosecutor just looked the other way. | 而公诉人却对此视而不见 |
[01:59] | Now, this was more than a conflict of interest. | 这已经不只是利益冲突的问题 他们是同谋 |
[02:01] | This was collusion. | |
[02:04] | Eighteen years ago, | 18年前 宪法赋予我的 接受公平审判的权利被剥夺 |
[02:06] | I was denied my constitutional right to a fair trial. | |
[02:10] | Under the law, I’m entitled to have my day in court. | 根据相关法规 我有资格要求庭审 |
[02:15] | CATHERINE: It was 1991, the night of the Rampart Casino fire. | 1991年 堡垒赌场发生火灾那晚 |
[02:19] | My first solo. | 我头一次独立办案 |
[02:21] | The victim, Thomas Harrot, | 受害人Thomas Harrot曾拨911报警 说有人闯入他家 |
[02:24] | called 911 to report an intruder in his house. | |
[02:28] | He was 91 years old, and he lived alone. | 他是一位91岁高龄的老人 独居 |
[02:31] | First officer on the scene found him down on the floor, | 最先赶到的警官发现他倒在地板上 |
[02:35] | blunt-force trauma to the head. | 头部有钝器外伤 |
[02:38] | A rock was used to break a window, | 现场有一块用来打破窗子的石头 凶手就是这样进入屋内的 |
[02:41] | and that appeared to be the point of entry. | |
[02:52] | The State Supreme Court | 州最高法院已经同意 重开Jeremy Kent的案件 |
[02:54] | has granted Jeremy Kent a new trial. | |
[02:56] | The standards and documentation have changed substantially since ’91, | 因为相关制度已经完全不同于当年 |
[03:00] | so we’re going to reexamine all my old evidence. | 所以得重新检验旧证物 |
[03:04] | The house was demo’d six months ago, | 房子半年前拆除了 但我还有犯罪现场示意图 可以给你们说说大概 |
[03:06] | but I still have the crime-scene sketch, so I can walk you through it. | |
[03:10] | CATHERINE: The house is dark. | 室内很暗 门前没有停车 |
[03:12] | There’s no car out front. | |
[03:13] | Mr. Harrot hadn’t driven since he was 85. | Harrot先生85岁后就不开车了 |
[03:17] | So, to Kent, the place must have looked empty. | 所以Kent一定觉得屋里没人 |
[03:21] | NICK: Well, it says here, two nearby houses | 记录说附近还有两家 几乎同时也遭到了盗窃 |
[03:23] | were also burglarized around the same time. | |
[03:25] | The first one was on Crawford and the second one on Skidmore. | 第一家在克劳福德 第二家在斯基摩 |
[03:30] | Lights out, no cars, and a rock used to break the window. | 也是没灯没车 窗户被石块打破 |
[03:35] | A witness on Crawford saw a man running down the driveway, | 克劳福德有位目击者 看见一名男子跑下车道 |
[03:38] | recognized him as a neighborhood kid, and picked Kent out of a lineup. | 认得是附近的孩子 并在嫌疑人中辨认出了Kent |
[03:43] | Other than the rocks, was there any evidence of Kent | 除了石块 还有什么能证明 Kent曾进入另外两家吗? |
[03:45] | at the other two houses? | |
[03:47] | No. The only physical evidence that led to the suspect | 没了 指向嫌犯的唯一物证 |
[03:50] | was the print on the rock that I found right here. | 是位于这里的石块上的指纹 |
[03:54] | Kent came here to burg the place. | Kent来偷东西 |
[03:56] | Yeah, and his plans changed when he ran into Mr. Harrot. | 但撞见了Harrot先生 他改变了计划 |
[04:00] | Get out of my house. | 滚出我家! |
[04:01] | [GRUNTING] | |
[04:07] | Old man. Half deaf, half blind. | 年纪大 耳朵不灵 眼神也不好 |
[04:10] | Mr. Harrot wasn’t a threat. | Harrot先生构不成威胁 |
[04:13] | There was no need to kill him. | 没必要杀他 |
[04:14] | I always thought that tipped the jury. | 我总认为陪审团也做此想 |
[04:17] | – Did you recover a murder weapon? – No. | – 你找到了凶器吗? – 没有 |
[04:20] | But the depression fractures on the victim’s skull | 但死者颅骨上的洼状骨折 显示凶器应该是把锤子 |
[04:22] | suggested a hammer. | |
[04:24] | Follow me. | 跟我来 这边有个小巷 |
[04:26] | So there’s an alley here. | |
[04:28] | There was obviously a number of shoe impressions that evening, | 那晚这的脚印不少 |
[04:31] | but this particular one | 但有一个很特殊的 |
[04:34] | was right here. | |
[04:36] | It was unique because it was fresh and it was facing the fence. | 因为鞋印很新 而且鞋尖朝着篱笆 |
[04:41] | Now, Harrot’s neighbors reported that their motion light came on, | Harrot的邻居报告说 他家的运动感应灯亮了 |
[04:46] | so I figured that maybe the suspect jumped the fence. | 因此 我推测嫌犯可能跳过了篱笆 |
[04:49] | So I searched the yard. | 便搜查了院子 |
[04:51] | I didn’t find any shoe impressions on the other side of the fence. | 可墙那边却一个脚印都没有 |
[04:55] | So, all you had was an eyewitness who was a half a mile away, | 你的证据只有半里外的目击证人 |
[04:59] | testimony from Jeremy Kent’s ex-cellmate, | Jeremy Kent狱友的证词 |
[05:03] | and a single fingerprint from a rock. | 和石头上的一个指纹 |
[05:06] | Back then, it was enough. | 当时这些就足够了 |
[05:08] | Got it figured out? Legal just put this on my desk. | 都理顺了? 法院的人刚给我这个 |
[05:18] | [CHUCKLES] | |
[05:20] | I’ve been subpoenaed by Jeremy Kent. | Jeremy Kent传唤我 |
[05:23] | He’s requesting a pretrial conference. | 要求审前会晤 |
[05:26] | Yeah, he probably wants to talk to you about how he got life based on a rock. | 估计他想和你聊聊 一块石头怎么让他被终身监禁 CSI 犯罪现场调查 |
[06:09] | [GLASS SHATTERS] | |
[06:15] | OPERATOR: 911. What’s your emergency? | 911 有何急事? |
[06:17] | – Someone’s trying to get in my house. – Are they still there, sir? | 有人要闯进我家 他们还在吗 先生? 先生? |
[06:20] | [CLATTERING] | |
[06:21] | – Sir? – I hear someone in the other room. | 我听见其它房间有动静 |
[06:24] | – I need the police. I’m all alone. – What is your address? | 请派人来 家里就我一个人 您的住址? |
[06:27] | 901 West Westcroft. Hurry. | 西克罗夫特901号 请快点 |
[06:31] | OPERATOR [ON RECORDING]: I’m dispatching a unit. | 我这就调人 请不要挂电话 |
[06:32] | Please stay on the phone, sir. | |
[06:33] | HARROT: I’ll be right back. OPERATOR: No. Sir? | – 我马上回来 – 不 先生… |
[06:35] | HARROT: I’m going to see who’s out there. | 我去看看谁在那 稍等 先生 请保持通话 先生… |
[06:37] | HARROT: Be right back. OPERATOR: Sir? | |
[06:40] | OPERATOR: Stay with me, sir– | |
[06:42] | When the first officers arrived, the phone was still off the hook. | 最早一批警员到时 听筒还没有挂上 |
[06:45] | Does that mean we have the murder on tape? | – 那凶杀过程被录下来了吗? – 没有 死者卧室的窗子面向街道 只录到了警笛的声音 |
[06:46] | No. The victim’s bedroom faced the street, | |
[06:49] | so all we’ve got is a lot of sirens passing by. | |
[06:52] | I figure they were going to the fire. Fortunately, | 估计是消防车 幸运的是 91年至今 音频分析技术大有进步 |
[06:55] | audio analysis has come a long way since ‘91. | |
[06:58] | [REWINDING] | |
[06:59] | HARROT: Be right back. | – 马上回来 – 再放一遍 |
[07:01] | Play it again. | |
[07:02] | HARROT: Be right back. OPERATOR: Sir? Stay with me, sir. | – 马上回来 先生? 请保持通话 先生… |
[07:05] | [SIRENS WAILING ON RECORDING] | |
[07:06] | ARCHIE: Listen to the low end of the frequency. | 注意听低频部分 |
[07:08] | – That sound like an engine to you? – Yeah. | 像不像发动机? 嗯 我把它分离再放大 |
[07:11] | I think I can isolate and amplify that. | |
[07:14] | [BEEPS] | |
[07:16] | [ENGINE HUMMING] | |
[07:17] | ARCHIE: It’s closer to the phone than the sirens. | 比警笛更靠近听筒 |
[07:20] | – So it had to be outside the bedroom. – Three minutes into the call. | 声源就在卧室窗外 电话接通3分钟左右 |
[07:23] | Cops didn’t arrive for almost 25. | 警方差不多25分钟后才到 |
[07:26] | Can you match that engine to a specific make and model? | 你能把这引擎声和特定型号对比吗? |
[07:28] | Like the suspect’s 1984 Pontiac 6000? | 比如嫌犯的84产庞蒂克6000 |
[07:33] | Well, I can try. | 我试试 |
[07:37] | Two depressed circular fractures of the frontal skull. | 两处洼状骨折 位于前颅 |
[07:41] | Sam Barnard conducted the autopsy. | 当年Sam Barnard指导了验尸 |
[07:44] | Minimal documentation. | 纪录非常简单 |
[07:46] | Listed COD as intracranial hemorrhaging. | 死因为颅内出血 |
[07:49] | Can we call Dr. Barnard for a consult? | 能不能找Barnard医生咨询一下? |
[07:51] | Passed away in ’98. | 98年过世了 |
[07:53] | Loved chili dogs, but his arteries didn’t. | 爱吃热狗 不过他的动脉受不了 |
[07:56] | All right, two fractured ribs on the left side, | 好吧 左肋两处骨折 |
[08:00] | third fracture on the right, | 右侧还有一处 伴有脊椎脱臼 |
[08:01] | and a dislocation from the vertebral column. | |
[08:04] | Barnard attributed all of these other injuries | Barnard将其他伤全归为遇袭跌倒所致 |
[08:06] | to the fall after the attack. | |
[08:09] | That’s ridiculous. | 这不合情理 |
[08:11] | A 90-year-old man may have bones like eggshells, | 就算90岁老人的骨头脆得像蛋壳 |
[08:13] | but he can’t possibly fall on his left side and his right side at the same time. | 也不可能同时摔伤身体两侧吧 |
[08:19] | Logic dictates that the thoracic injuries | 按照逻辑 肋骨伤发生在头部受击之前 |
[08:21] | were sustained prior to the head blow. | |
[08:23] | Beaten, | 先遭暴打 后被杀 |
[08:25] | then killed. | |
[08:28] | You couldn’t get away with this quality of work today. | 要是如今 这么粗心可说不过去 我找到了验尸官的原始手稿 |
[08:32] | Hey. I dug up the original ME’s notes. | |
[08:35] | What did the good doctor say | 咱们的大医生是怎么 解释股骨和胫骨上的骨裂的? |
[08:36] | about the hairline fractures to the femur and the tibia? | |
[08:39] | He describes them as age-related, osteoporotic degeneration. | 他将其描述为老年性骨质疏松症恶化 |
[08:43] | They could’ve just as easily been caused by a struggle. | 也很可能由挣扎造成 |
[08:49] | At the time you investigated the Harrot murder, | 你调查Harrot谋杀案时 |
[08:52] | how long had you been employed by Las Vegas PD? | 在拉斯维加斯警局干了多久了? |
[08:56] | – Eighteen months. – Oh, that’s all? | 一年半 这么短? |
[08:59] | Prior to the Thomas Harrot murder, | 在Thomas Harrot案之前 你都是在主管陪同下工作的? |
[09:02] | you always worked under a supervisor? | |
[09:04] | – Yes. – So this case | 是的 此案是你首次在无人指导的情况下查案 |
[09:06] | was your first unsupervised investigation? | |
[09:08] | It was my first solo case. | 是我头一次独立办案 |
[09:10] | But all my casework was reviewed by my supervisor. | 但所有步骤都有主管复查 |
[09:12] | Well, regardless, it was in your best interest to get a conviction. | 总之 你最希望的就是能定我的罪 |
[09:15] | I don’t deal in convictions. That’s for the jury. | 我不管定罪的事 那是陪审团的工作 |
[09:18] | Still, | 结果还是对你很有利 |
[09:19] | it worked out pretty good for you. | |
[09:22] | – Better than it did for me. – Is that a question? | – 我可就遭殃了 – 这也算问题吗? |
[09:25] | Oh, I’m sorry if I’m wasting your time here. | 真是不好意思占用了你的时间 |
[09:27] | It’s just, I’ve been in here for 18 years for something I didn’t do. | 我可是白白在这待了18年 |
[09:32] | So all I got is time. | 所以我有得是时间 |
[09:33] | You know, I met a drug dealer in here | 我见过一个毒贩 他认识你老公Eddie Willows |
[09:36] | who knew your husband, Eddie Willows. | |
[09:38] | Apparently, he was a very good customer. | 显然他常常去买货 |
[09:40] | I heard he died. | 听说他死了 我深表同情 不好意思 你究竟想问什么? |
[09:42] | – My condolences. – I’m sorry, what was the question? | |
[09:44] | Were you taking any drugs, legal or illegal, | 处理现场时你有没有服药? 不管是合法的还是不合法的 |
[09:47] | at the time you were processing this crime scene? | |
[09:50] | – No. – Was it because you were pregnant? | – 没有 – 因为你怀孕了? |
[09:52] | – How is your daughter? – How is that relevant? | – 你女儿可好? – 与你有关吗? |
[09:54] | Oh, I’m laying a foundation. | 我是在打好基础 |
[09:56] | That’s how we refer to it in the legal community. | 我们法律界是这么说的 |
[10:00] | Now, having a child is a life-altering experience. | 生孩子是人生一大转折 |
[10:03] | Did your pregnancy influence your judgment? | – 怀孕影响了你的判断力吗? – 没有 |
[10:05] | No. | |
[10:07] | So your condition didn’t impose any limits | 那么 你在处理犯罪现场时 有没有什么药剂是不能用的? |
[10:11] | to the chemicals you could use in processing the crime scene? | |
[10:13] | No, all the evidence I collected was bagged and tagged, | 没有 我收集的所有物证都打包贴标 |
[10:16] | and all the tests were conducted by the experts. | 所有的检测都由专家进行 |
[10:19] | Who, like yourself, are all employees of the Las Vegas Police Department | 他们和你一样是维加斯警局的雇员 |
[10:23] | and, therefore, inclined to give their employer the answers they want. | 倾向于给出警方想要的结果 |
[10:28] | I don’t trust your lab results. | 我不相信你们实验室的检测结果 |
[10:30] | CATHERINE: Which is why you can exercise your right | 所以你有权聘请你信任的专家 复查物证 |
[10:32] | to hire the expert of your choosing to reexamine the evidence. | |
[10:36] | JEREMY: Right, at my own expense. | 对 我自掏腰包 |
[10:38] | You see, I haven’t earned that much money in the last 18 years. | 这18来我可没挣几个钱 |
[10:51] | Hey. | |
[10:52] | I got the blood exemplar for Thomas Harrot from cold storage, | 我从冷藏库里取了 Thomas Harrot的血液样本 |
[10:55] | but the lab wasn’t doing DNA back then, | 但那时实验室还没有DNA检测 Catherine得取份嫌犯的口腔上皮样本 |
[10:56] | so Catherine’s gotta get a buccal sample from the suspect. | |
[11:01] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么? |
[11:03] | The blood stains that Catherine analyzed | Catherine化验的血渍与死者相符 |
[11:04] | are consistent with the victim, | |
[11:06] | but the lab didn’t have ALS until 1995. | 但直到1995年实验室才有可变光源 |
[11:10] | So I’m thinking it’s possible | 所以我想可能有属于嫌犯的血迹 |
[11:13] | that there was an area of non-visible blood from the suspect | |
[11:16] | that Catherine couldn’t see. | Catherine当时找不到 |
[11:17] | Hm. | |
[11:34] | What does that look like to you? | 你看那像什么? |
[11:36] | WENDY: A giant sperm cell. | 一枚巨型精子 |
[11:38] | Maybe a big comma. | 或者是个大逗号 |
[11:57] | Catherine never recovered the murder weapon, | Catherine没找到凶器 但她一直怀疑凶器是把锤子 |
[11:59] | but she always suspected that it was a hammer. | |
[12:03] | JEREMY: And speaking of evidence, | 说到物证 依据美国罪证化验所 所长协会(ASCLD)规定 |
[12:06] | per the ASCLD regulations, | |
[12:08] | all current evidence examinations | 所有现行物证检测必须遵循 2009年度鉴证检验标准 |
[12:10] | must meet the 2009 forensic standards. | |
[12:13] | You’ve done your homework. | 你工作准备的不错 |
[12:15] | Which brings me | 本案中唯一与我有关的物证 |
[12:16] | to the only physical piece of evidence we have in this case, | |
[12:19] | which is item number CW-2, | 你声称在Harrot先生的卧室找到的 那块标号CW2的石头 |
[12:21] | the rock which you claim you found in Mr. Harrot’s living room. | |
[12:27] | Now, I was convicted | 因为点对比法的五个点就对我定罪 根据ASCLD的规定 在今日 这远不是决定性证据 |
[12:29] | on a five point of minutia match, | |
[12:32] | which, per ASCLD regulations, is far from conclusive today. | |
[12:37] | Which makes the print more prejudicial than probative. | 证据的偏见成分超越了证据效力 |
[12:40] | I maintain that that print belongs to the real killer of Thomas Harrot, | 我坚信那枚指纹属于 杀死Thomas Harrot的真凶 |
[12:45] | and I am filing a motion with the court to have the rock excluded. | 我正在提交动议 申请撤销那块石头为物证 |
[12:51] | Have you got anything else? | 你还有其他证据吗? 有没有? 员工在楼内必须亮明身份 |
[12:53] | Yes or no? | |
[13:05] | Hey, we got a big problem. | 嘿 有大麻烦了 |
[13:07] | Bigger than “crime is up, and our budget is down”? | 比犯罪率上升和预算缩水还严重? |
[13:10] | CATHERINE: Jeremy Kent is filing a motion | Jeremy Kent要提交动议 排除唯一与他相关的物证 |
[13:12] | to throw out the only physical evidence linking him to the crime scene. | |
[13:15] | – The infamous rock, huh? – Yeah. | – 那块臭名昭著的石头? – 对 |
[13:18] | ADA says that it could be up to the judge. | 副检察官说这由法官决定 |
[13:20] | Well, was your ridge structure faded or broken? | 指纹脊线没了? 断了? |
[13:22] | How strong are your points of identification? | 你有几分把握确认凶犯? |
[13:24] | Strong enough to confirm an ID and get a conviction. | – 足以确认身份 给他定罪了 好吧 指纹并不清晰 比对起来很困难 |
[13:26] | – Catherine. – Okay, it wasn’t a road map. | |
[13:29] | It was a difficult comparison. | |
[13:31] | Then let’s not take a chance on losing this. | 那别把这事弄砸了 |
[13:34] | Oh, I know. I know. Go back to the rock. | 知道 知道 回去研究那石头去 |
[14:43] | I reexamined the rock, | 我重新检查了那块石头 |
[14:44] | enhanced the ridge detail in Photoshop, | 用Photoshop放大了指纹脊线 91年那会儿可没这技术 |
[14:46] | which we didn’t have in ‘91. | |
[14:48] | I developed a unique pattern within the core | 在中心发现了一处独特印记 与Kent十指指纹卡的记录相符 |
[14:51] | and matched it to Kent’s ten-card print. | |
[14:54] | Is that a smiley face? | 是个笑脸? |
[14:57] | – You don’t see those every day. – He lied. He was there. | 这可不常见 他撒谎了 他就在现场 |
[15:01] | I have something too. It’s a theory. Um… | 我也有所发现 是我的一个想法 我们得回现场一趟 |
[15:05] | We’ll need to go back to the scene. | |
[15:06] | RAY: The toe end of the impression | 鞋尖比鞋跟深 这说明… |
[15:08] | was deeper than the heel end, | |
[15:10] | which tells me | |
[15:12] | that the toe exerted more pressure than the heel. | 前掌比脚跟更用力 |
[15:16] | Which wouldn’t have been the case if Kent was just standing here. | 如果Kent只是站在这儿 就不会这样 |
[15:21] | How tall is he? | 他多高? |
[15:23] | He’s about your height. | 跟你差不多 |
[15:26] | I can’t see over the fence, unless… | 我看不到围墙后面 除非… |
[15:34] | I missed that. | 我没想到这点 |
[15:36] | The neighbors’ motion-sensor light went off, right? | 邻居家的感应灯亮过 对吧? |
[15:39] | – Yes. – But you found no evidence | 是的 但他们院子里没有嫌犯的痕迹? |
[15:41] | of the suspect being in their yard. | |
[15:43] | Right. | 没错 |
[15:44] | Yet something had to set it off. Maybe he… | 总得有什么让灯亮了 也许他… |
[15:46] | Maybe he tossed the weapon. | 也许他把凶器丢过去了 |
[15:48] | Well, I searched the yard, | 我搜查了院子 第二天又查了一遍 只是… |
[15:49] | and I went back the next day and searched it again, and… | |
[15:58] | The first thing Grissom taught me: | Grissom教我的第一件事是– 人们从不往上看 |
[15:59] | People never look up. | |
[16:41] | Ray. | |
[16:43] | I’ve seen some crazy stuff in my day, | 我见过很多奇奇怪怪的事 但这绝对能名列前茅 |
[16:46] | but this has gotta take the prize. | |
[16:49] | – Smoking hammer in a tree. – Yes. | – 树里血淋淋的锤子 – 可不 |
[16:51] | [POLICE SIREN WAILING] | |
[17:05] | RAY: Do you remember how tall this tree was back in ‘91? | 还记得这树在91年有多高吗? |
[17:08] | CATHERINE: I think it was just below the roofline. | 我想就比房檐矮一点 |
[17:11] | Jury’s never gonna believe this unless we document the hell out of it. | 法官绝不会相信的 除非我们明明白白展示出来 |
[17:14] | So, let’s go back and get the video camera and the chain saw. | 我们去拿摄像机和锯子吧 |
[17:39] | RAY: I sent a copy of the videotape over to the DA’s office. | 我把录像带的拷贝 给检察官办公室送去了 |
[17:43] | I think we may have Kent’s prints in the victim’s blood. | 我们可能找到了 沾有死者血迹的Kent的指纹 |
[17:46] | RAY: Over time, | 这些年来树皮肯定牢牢包着指纹 就像块化石 |
[17:48] | the bark must have encapsulated the prints like a fossil. | |
[17:53] | Ray, if this is the murder weapon, we have Kent dead to rights. | Ray 如果这是凶器 Kent就百口莫辩了 |
[18:50] | According to Wendy, the blood on the murder weapon | Wendy说凶器上的血迹 确实属于Thomas Harrot |
[18:53] | was from Thomas Harrot. | |
[18:54] | It’s all coming together. | 一切都连起来了 |
[18:57] | Just give me the results. | 说结果 |
[18:59] | I get it. You’re a little touchy | 我明白的 你不爽 是因为当年漏了些东西没发现 |
[19:01] | because you missed something the first time. | |
[19:03] | Murder weapon, which was your whole case. | 漏了凶器这么关键的东西 |
[19:07] | But, as of now, Catherine Willows, you are a rock star. | 但时至今日 Catherine Willows 你是个大姐大 |
[19:12] | Am I going to be able to explain this to the jury? | 我要对法官说什么? |
[19:14] | You know, I’m available for court testimony, if needed. | 有必要的话 我可以出庭作证 好吗? |
[19:17] | Okay? Now, first, I chemically tested the metal part of the hammer, | 首先 我化学检测了金属部分 发现了三氧化二铁 |
[19:22] | and I found ferric oxide. | |
[19:25] | While not specific, it does indicate | 虽然不够具体 但能表明这把锤子 |
[19:27] | the hammer was exposed to the elements for a long period of time. | 已经在空气中暴露了很长的时间 |
[19:29] | Next, I documented the growth of the tree around the hammer | 然后 我比对原始案发现场的照片 |
[19:32] | using photos from the original crime scene | 和你今天带回的照片 |
[19:34] | and the photos that you took today. | 证明了包裹锤子的树的生长情况 |
[19:38] | Quercus agrifolia, desert oak, grows about six to eight inches a year, | 海岸栎 沙漠木麻黄 每年约长高6到8英寸 |
[19:42] | which means that your tree | 所以你那棵树在18年内 差不多长高了9英尺 |
[19:44] | probably grew about nine feet in 18 years. | |
[19:48] | A bark collar grew around the hammer during that period of time, | 在此期间 树皮在锤子周围长成一圈 |
[19:52] | which confirms that the hammer was in the tree for many years. | 证明锤子这么多年一直都在树上 |
[19:55] | And, therefore, no one can accuse you of planting it. | 因此 没人能非难这是你栽赃的 |
[20:00] | Pardon the pun. | 不好意思 又说冷笑话了 |
[20:01] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 技术上不可能 得到可用的指纹或DNA |
[20:02] | the scientific improbability of getting a viable print or DNA | |
[20:06] | is a completely separate issue, | 就是另一个问题了 不过呢… |
[20:10] | but I’ll back you. | 我挺你 |
[20:12] | Good to know. | 够义气 |
[20:17] | Hey, Catherine. | – 嘿 Catherine – 锤子上提出可用指纹了? |
[20:18] | You get any usable prints off the hammer? | |
[20:20] | Yeah. Two. | 对 找到两枚 |
[20:22] | Neither one of them’s a match to Jeremy Kent. | – 都不符合Jeremy Kent – 什么? 是的 我做了视觉比较 Mandy又看了一遍 |
[20:24] | – What? – Yeah, I did a visual comparison. | |
[20:26] | Mandy peer reviewed. | |
[20:29] | I’m sorry, Catherine. It just… | 我很抱歉 Catherine 不是他 |
[20:31] | It isn’t him. | |
[20:39] | ECKLIE: When Kent discovers you found the murder weapon | 一旦Kent发现你在凶器上 找到了别人的指纹 他立马会争取无罪释放 |
[20:41] | with someone else’s prints, he’s gonna fast track himself to an acquittal. | |
[20:44] | We have the print on the rock, which still puts him at the scene. | 石头上是他的指纹 还是能证明他曾在现场 |
[20:47] | But Kent’s prints aren’t on the hammer. | 但锤子上的指纹不属于Kent |
[20:50] | So, clearly, there was an accomplice, who probably committed the murder. | 那很显然他有个同伙 可能就是那个人犯下了命案 |
[20:53] | – Yeah, who we still need to identify. – Obviously. | – 是啊 我们还要查明身份 – 那当然 |
[20:56] | Okay, pretrial hearing is in 48 hours. | 48小时后就要审前听证会了 |
[20:58] | You’re gonna have to reveal the prints then. | 届时你要查清是谁的指纹 |
[21:00] | It would be nice if Kent would give us a name. | 要是Kent能告诉我们是谁就好了 |
[21:02] | Yeah, well, why would he? He’s kept it a secret for 18 years. | 他怎么会说呢? 他都已经保密了18年 |
[21:05] | Then ask without asking. Sweat him with the rock evidence. | 那就让他不打自招 用石头的证据对他施压 |
[21:09] | VANDERPOOL: The judge denied your motion. | 法官驳回了你的动议 石头的铁证还是坚如磐石 |
[21:11] | The rock’s back in play. | |
[21:13] | CATHERINE: I reexamined the rock. | 我重新检查了那块石头 |
[21:15] | I enhanced the fingerprint and photoed it. | 我放大强化了指纹 拍了照 |
[21:19] | And this time around, | 找到了几个极为独特的比对点 |
[21:21] | I found several highly unique points of comparison, | |
[21:25] | including this happy-face pattern, which is an exact match to your print. | 包括这张笑脸的图案 跟你的指纹完全吻合 |
[21:31] | MAN: And that print puts you at the crime scene. | 这枚指纹证明你当时就在案发现场 |
[21:35] | You were there. You killed Thomas Harrot. | 你在那里 你杀了Thomas Harrot |
[21:39] | CATHERINE: Mr. Kent, if there’s another explanation, | Kent先生 如果你还有其他解释 |
[21:41] | other than the obvious, | |
[21:43] | now would be a good time to come clean. | 现在就是还你清白的时刻 |
[21:48] | Once you’re wearing these, | 一旦穿上这身囚服 没人会相信你的话 |
[21:49] | nobody believes anything that you have to say. | |
[21:51] | Try me. | 试试看 |
[21:55] | [SIGHS] | |
[22:01] | I was there. | 我在那儿 但人不是我杀的 |
[22:03] | But I didn’t kill the guy. | |
[22:06] | I needed to make some fast money. | 我急着搞点钱花 |
[22:08] | I broke into those other two houses. | 我连着闯了两户人家 |
[22:11] | I picked them because it looked like nobody was at home. | 我选看起来没人的地方 |
[22:16] | The old man’s house was my third stop. | 那老头家是我第三家 |
[22:19] | When I went inside, there was a body on the floor. | 我进去以后 看到地上躺着一具尸体 |
[22:22] | I got the hell out of there. | 我就赶忙逃了 |
[22:23] | Well, why not just call 911? | 为什么不报警? |
[22:25] | [SCOFFS] | |
[22:26] | Yeah. “Hello, I just broke into a house, and I found a dead body on the floor. | 然后说”喂 我刚闯入一户人家 发现地上躺着一具尸体” |
[22:30] | Oh, yeah, yeah, I’ll just wait right here for you.” | “好 好 我就在这儿等你们” |
[22:34] | I was a reckless punk. | 我那时是个鲁莽的混混 又闯了大祸 我犯了法 但我没杀那老头 |
[22:37] | And– And I messed up big-time. I broke the law. | |
[22:40] | But I did not kill that old man. | |
[22:43] | Somebody else did that. | 是别人干的 |
[22:45] | Why didn’t you mention this 18 years ago? | 18年前你怎么不说? |
[22:47] | Because my lawyer advised me | 我律师建议我别承认到过现场 |
[22:49] | not to admit that I was at the scene of the crime. | |
[22:51] | It was the only honest piece of advice he ever gave me. | 这是他给过的唯一诚恳建议 |
[22:53] | You know what would give your story more credibility? | 知道怎样让你的故事更可信吗? |
[22:57] | If you could ID the other suspect. | 帮忙找出疑犯 |
[22:59] | Lady, if I would’ve seen him, | 我要是看到了凶手 肯定早就说了 |
[23:00] | that would’ve been the first thing out of my mouth. | |
[23:03] | But whoever killed Harrot was long gone by the time I got there. | 但是我到现场时 凶手早就跑远了 |
[23:07] | We’re done here. | 问完了 |
[23:09] | Oh, sure. Yeah, why would you admit to making a mistake | 为什么不敢承认犯了错 害我白蹲了18年的大牢 |
[23:12] | that cost me the last 18 years of my life? | |
[23:18] | All I want is my life back. | 我只想过回我的生活 |
[23:22] | Is that asking too much? | 这要求太高了吗? |
[23:45] | Hey. | |
[23:46] | Jim. | – Jim 谢谢你来看我 – 当然会来 |
[23:48] | – Thanks for coming by. – Sure, you bet. | |
[23:52] | So we’re all just passengers on the time train. | 我们都是时间列车的乘客 |
[23:54] | [CATHERINE CHUCKLES] | |
[23:57] | Well, you got that right. | 说的没错 |
[24:03] | So you hit a snag. | 你遇上麻烦了 |
[24:05] | Well, Jeremy Kent now admits that he was at the Harrot house. | Jeremy Kent承认他到过Harrot家 |
[24:09] | And when he got there, the old man was already dead. | 当时 老人已经死了 |
[24:13] | I call that “perp fiction.” | 我把这叫做”永恒幻想” |
[24:15] | The problem is that his story is consistent | 问题是他的说法跟我的新发现吻合 |
[24:17] | with the new evidence I have yet to disclose. | |
[24:21] | Oh, come on, Catherine, you know… | |
[24:23] | I had this guy pegged as the bad guy | 18年前我一眼看准了他是坏人 你也一样 |
[24:25] | the minute I laid eyes on him 18 years ago, and so did you. | |
[24:28] | Yeah. | |
[24:30] | What if he’s telling the truth? | 要是他说的是实话怎么办? |
[24:33] | Wrong place, wrong time. | 只是错误的时间出现在错误的地点 |
[24:35] | Oh, you gotta tune that out. That’s all bull. | 别胡思乱想 |
[24:38] | All that matters is what you got on him. | 关键是你找到的线索 |
[24:40] | Now, these guys lie because– Well, because they’re good at it | 他们爱说谎 因为他们善于此道 还因为他们有事得隐瞒 |
[24:43] | and they’re hiding something. | |
[24:44] | And the thing they’re hiding is usually the thing that makes them guilty. | 所隐瞒之事往往就是定罪之实 |
[24:50] | A million years ago, | 很久以前 我跟Eddie刚开始约会那时 |
[24:52] | back when Eddie and I first started dating, | |
[24:54] | we, uh, went to a party, | 我们参加派对 喝了不少 离开派对时 他抛给我车匙 因为我比较负责任 |
[24:56] | and, uh, you know, we drank our fair share. | |
[25:00] | And it was time to leave, and he tosses me the keys | |
[25:03] | because I’m the responsible one. | |
[25:05] | So, you know, I’m driving, and he starts singing this stupid song, | 我开车 他在旁乱唱歌 |
[25:08] | which I’ve completely blanked from my memory. | 我不太记得具体情况 只记得自己歇斯底里地大笑 |
[25:12] | And one moment, I’m just laughing hysterically, | |
[25:15] | and the next, he has grabbed the wheel from my hands | 下一刻他从我手中抢过方向盘 |
[25:18] | because I almost ran over a man. | 因为我差点撞着人了 我的人生差点在那一刻颠覆 |
[25:24] | And in that moment, my life would’ve changed completely | |
[25:28] | because of a bad decision. | 就因为一时失策 |
[25:31] | So… | 所以… |
[25:34] | …what makes me any different than Jeremy Kent? | 我跟Jeremy Kent又有什么两样呢? |
[25:38] | You know, Eddie was right. You are the responsible one. | Eddie说的没错 你确实是负责任的人 |
[25:42] | And if you had hit that guy, | 你要是撞了人 肯定会报警 |
[25:44] | you would’ve called the cops, | |
[25:46] | because you would’ve taken responsibility for your actions. | 因为你会对自己的行为负责 |
[25:50] | Now, Jeremy Kent is a jailhouse lawyer. | Jeremy Kent现在成了监狱律师 |
[25:51] | He’s a scumbag. | |
[25:53] | Now, his freedom, his whole life | 这个混球的自由和一生 就指望于你的自我怀疑 |
[25:54] | depends upon getting you to doubt yourself. | |
[26:00] | Don’t let him live rent-free in your head. | 别让他操纵你的思想 |
[26:08] | CATHERINE: I need your help. I wanna run the case. | 我打算重查案件 需要你们的帮助 |
[26:11] | The question: Does the evidence support my initial conclusion | 关键: 证据是否支持我原本的结论 Jeremy Kent杀了Thomas Harrot? |
[26:15] | that Jeremy Kent killed Thomas Harrot? | |
[26:18] | I’ll start. | 我来开始 |
[26:19] | The print on the rock is even stronger than before. | 石头上的指纹证据比以前更有力 |
[26:23] | The broken window was the only sign of forced entry, | 打破的窗是闯入的唯一迹象 Kent也承认是他干的 |
[26:27] | and Kent admits to it. | |
[26:30] | RAY: Unknown shoe impression at the victim’s yard. | 死者院子有未明鞋印 |
[26:35] | Same size, but never matched to any of Jeremy Kent’s shoes. | 跟Jeremy Kent同码 但不吻合他的任一双鞋子 |
[26:40] | That makes it equivocal. | 所以此证据不明确 |
[26:41] | GREG: Archie is still working on the 911 tape, | Archie还在研究那通报警电话 试图把引擎声跟Kent的车比对 |
[26:44] | trying to match the engine noise to Kent’s car. | |
[26:48] | NICK: Two unknown prints on the murder weapon. | 凶器上有两枚不明指纹 |
[26:51] | Neither one’s a match to Kent. | 跟Kent都不吻合 |
[26:53] | Sounds like that would exclude him. | 好像能把他排除了 |
[26:58] | What if…? | 假如…假如… |
[27:01] | What if | |
[27:03] | he really did kill the old man | 他杀了人 凶器却由第二疑犯处理了 |
[27:05] | and a second suspect tossed the hammer over the fence? | |
[27:09] | An accomplice would make sense. | 有共犯的话就都说得通了 |
[27:10] | Seven out of ten breaking-and-entering cases in Las Vegas | 维加斯的强闯民居有七成是多人犯罪 |
[27:13] | involve multiple suspects. | |
[27:16] | That would mean that the second suspect | 就是说第二疑犯是最后接触凶器的人 所以上面才只有他的指纹 |
[27:18] | probably touched it last, which is why we only got his prints. | |
[27:23] | If there was an accomplice, why didn’t Kent give him up? | 如果确有共犯 为什么Kent没把他供出来? |
[27:26] | Because sometimes there’s honor among thieves. | 因为盗亦有道 |
[27:28] | If he knew he was going down, | 他自己横竖都被逮了 何必拖累别人? |
[27:30] | why drag someone else down with him? | |
[27:33] | NICK: I don’t know about that. | 我不这样认为 |
[27:34] | If any of these guys thought they could cut a deal, | 这些人为了减刑可以六亲不认 |
[27:36] | they’d roll over on their mother. | |
[27:38] | I think you’re both right. | 我认为你们说的都对 |
[27:40] | People are motivated by self-interest, | 自身利益就是动机 |
[27:43] | but there are certain human bonds that trump even our base instincts: | 但有些感情比自我保护本能还强大 |
[27:46] | love, blood, fear. | 爱情 血亲 恐惧 |
[27:50] | Right, there’s people I love, | 没错 我有爱的人 但不愿意为他们坐牢 |
[27:53] | but I wouldn’t go to prison for any of them. | |
[27:56] | My money’s on fear. | 我打赌他是因为恐惧 |
[27:57] | GREG: So, what would Kent have to be afraid of? | 那么Kent怕什么呢? |
[27:59] | He wasn’t connected to a gang or organized crime. | 他没惹上黑道或组织犯罪 |
[28:04] | – What about his family? – He was living on his own. | 他的家庭呢? 他一个人生活 唯一亲人是个叔叔 |
[28:06] | His closest relative was an uncle. | |
[28:08] | Sometimes your friends are your family. | 有时朋友就是家人了 |
[28:11] | Did you check the prison visitor log? | 查过探监记录了吗? |
[28:13] | The DA said that he’s never had any visitors. | 检察官说从没有人探访过他 |
[28:16] | GREG: Kent never made it to college. | Kent没上过大学 |
[28:18] | Most of his friends were probably from high school. | 大部分朋友可能是在高中结识的 |
[28:21] | Okay, I’ll call the high school, get his yearbooks, | 我打给中学 找找他的高中年鉴 看还有没有教过他的老师 |
[28:23] | see if any of his old teachers still work there. | |
[28:25] | We find the accomplice, we find the truth. | 找到共犯就找到真相了 |
[28:30] | Hey, Arch. | Arch 收到你短信了 |
[28:31] | – Hey. – Got your text. | |
[28:32] | Check this out. | 听听这个 |
[28:34] | A forensic auto expert sent me over an engine signature database. | 一个自动化鉴证专家 给我发了个引擎特征数据库 |
[28:38] | So I compared the noise on the 911 tape to a Pontiac 6000. | 我把报警电话的杂音 跟庞蒂克6000比对了 不吻合 |
[28:42] | – No match. – That’s okay. | |
[28:43] | We have a new theory that Kent had an accomplice. | 没关系 我们有新理论 Kent有个共犯 |
[28:47] | Maybe the car on the tape belongs to him. | 也许录音里的车是共犯的 |
[28:50] | Well, that explains a lot. | 这就解释了很多疑点 |
[28:51] | [ENGINE HUMMING ON RECORDING] | |
[28:52] | – Hear that jingling sound? – Yeah, like keys shaking together. | 听到叮当声吗? 有 像钥匙相碰的声音 这是60或70年产道奇车引擎的声音 从0到27秒 叮当响一直在持续 |
[28:56] | Mm-hm. That’s a heat riser from a ’60s- or ’70s-era Dodge engine. | |
[29:03] | Now, from zero to 27 seconds, that jingling is constant. | |
[29:07] | Tells me the car was idling. | 说明车停着没动 |
[29:09] | Maybe one of them went into the house | 一人进了房 另一人在车里等着 |
[29:10] | while the other one waited in the car. | |
[29:12] | ARCHIE: Look, at 27 seconds, the engine revs up and down. | 27秒时 引擎转速时快时慢 |
[29:17] | Somebody was hitting the gas. | 有人在加油 |
[29:18] | Yet 27 seconds, | 27秒时 Thomas Harrot跟911接线员说 |
[29:20] | Thomas Harrot was on the phone with the 911 operator, | |
[29:22] | saying someone was already in his house. | 有人已经在他屋里 |
[29:27] | Listen to this. | 听听这个 |
[29:30] | At two minutes and 45 seconds into the tape, | 2分45秒时 道奇加速离开了 |
[29:32] | the Dodge revs and drives away. | |
[29:35] | And then 10 seconds before that… | 在这10秒前… |
[29:37] | [THUDDING ON RECORDING] | |
[29:39] | Wait. Slow that down. Play it again. | 等等 降速重播一次 |
[29:43] | [THUDDING ON RECORDING] | |
[29:46] | Car doors slamming? | 关车门声? |
[29:47] | Two separate doors. There was definitely two of them. | 分别是两扇车门 肯定有两个人了 |
[29:50] | So we know at some point they were both out of the car. | 我们已知他们俩都下了车 |
[29:54] | Question is, were they both in the house? | 问题在 是不是两人都进了屋 |
[29:57] | Something about the hammer prints wasn’t sitting right with me, | 我感觉锤上指纹有点不妥 所以重新检查了 |
[30:00] | so I reexamined it. | |
[30:01] | Now, the full print on the shaft, that’s a no-brainer. | 杆上的完整指纹 明显不是Kent的 但这个部分指纹 |
[30:04] | That’s clearly not Kent’s. But the partial? | |
[30:08] | That’s a different story altogether. | 就是另外一回事了 |
[30:09] | Check out the, uh, top edge here. | 看看顶部边缘 |
[30:14] | That’s not print surface. That’s regular skin. | 这里是没指纹的一般皮肤 |
[30:18] | I think the suspect was holding the hammer like this. | 我认为疑犯是这样拿着锤 |
[30:22] | You can see the inside edge of my pinkie’s covering the base. | 于是小指内侧盖住锤柄底部 |
[30:27] | NICK: There could’ve been other prints, but they weren’t in blood | 可能还有别的指纹 但是没染血的话 |
[30:30] | so they wouldn’t have been preserved over time. | 时间久了就没留下痕迹了 |
[30:33] | You only got a ten card on Kent. | 你只有Kent十个指尖的指纹 |
[30:34] | That doesn’t include the inside of his fingers. | 没包括他的手指内侧 |
[30:37] | Need to get some major case prints on this guy. | 得取得他的全掌指纹 |
[30:39] | – That partial could be his. – Thank you, Nick. | 这个部分指纹可能是他的 – 多谢 Nick – 不客气 |
[30:43] | You’re welcome. | |
[30:48] | RILEY: Let me guess. You still go through your high-school yearbooks? | 我猜你还会翻阅自己的高中年鉴? |
[30:52] | Like you don’t? | – 你不会吗 – 不会 都烧了 |
[30:53] | I can’t. I burnt them. | |
[30:57] | It was very cathartic. | 看了受不了 |
[31:03] | Oh, look, here he is. | 找到了 |
[31:05] | Jeremy Kent and Sabrina Littee. | Jeremy Kent和Sabrina Littee |
[31:09] | You know, Archie identified a Dodge from the 911 tape. | Archie在报警电话录音里 认出一辆道奇 可能就是这辆 这可不是一般的道奇 这是68年产超级蜂 经典肌肉车 |
[31:13] | – This could be it. – That’s not just any Dodge. | |
[31:15] | That’s a ’68 Super Bee. Classic muscle car. | |
[31:18] | – Look, we got the license. – Yeah. | – 有车牌号码 – 好 |
[31:26] | Okay, the car was registered to an Arthur Littee from 1988 to 1993. | 车主为Arthur Littee 执照从1988年至1993年 |
[31:33] | Wanna bet she’s his daughter? | 敢赌她就是车主女儿吗? |
[31:35] | Maybe Sabrina took Daddy’s car out for a night out on the town. | 也许Sabrina开老爸的车出去疯狂一夜 |
[31:38] | I’ll call Brass. | 我打给Brass 年轻人 我是警官 来找Sabrina Owen |
[31:43] | [DOORBELL RINGS] | |
[31:46] | BRASS: Oh, hello, young man. | |
[31:48] | I’m a police officer. I’m looking for Sabrina Owen. | |
[31:51] | Hey, Mom, somebody’s at the door. | 妈 有人找! |
[31:53] | And tell Sam and Katie to hurry up. | 让Sam和Katie快点! |
[32:00] | – Hi. – Oh, uh, hi. | |
[32:01] | I’m Detective Jim Brass, Las Vegas Police. | 我是维加斯警局的Jim Brass |
[32:04] | Are you Sabrina Owen, used to be Sabrina Littee? | 你就是Sabrina Owen吗 过去叫Sabrina Littee? |
[32:09] | Yes. Can I help you? | 是的 有什么事呢? |
[32:11] | Yeah, I’d like to ask you a few questions about Jeremy Kent. | 我来问几个有关Jeremy Kent的问题 |
[32:17] | – Hey. | – Hey. Hey, hey, guys. 你们几个慢点 |
[32:18] | Uh-uh, slow down. | |
[32:20] | – You’re on the pink team. – Sorry. | – 你们是粉红队的 – 抱歉 |
[32:22] | Yes, yes. | 是的 |
[32:25] | Jeremy Kent. | |
[32:27] | Wow, I haven’t… | 我已经很久… |
[32:29] | I haven’t heard that name in such a long time. | – 很久没听过这个名字了 – 那当然 |
[32:31] | Hmm, I’ll bet. | |
[32:33] | Isn’t he, um…? Isn’t he in prison? | 他不是…他不是在监狱吗? |
[32:35] | He’s trying to get out. He’s been granted a new trial. | 他想方设法出狱呢 已经批准重审了 |
[32:37] | I’m doing some routine follow-up. | 我只是来做些例行调查 |
[32:39] | I know you went to high school together. | 我知道你们俩在同一所高中上学 |
[32:41] | – What can you tell me about him? – Oh, um… | 能和我谈谈他吗? |
[32:45] | I remember he liked to play up his bad-boy rep to impress the girls. | 我记得他总是喜欢耍酷来吸引女孩子 |
[32:50] | Did it work? Did it work on you? | 有用吗? 对你有用吗? |
[32:51] | Uh, no. | 哦 不 没用 |
[32:53] | [LAUGHS] No. | |
[32:54] | I mean, he definitely tried, so… | 当然 他试过… |
[32:57] | I mean, the truth is, I didn’t really know him that well. | 事实上我和他并不熟 |
[33:00] | Then how come he was driving your father’s Super Bee | 那么他杀害Thomas Harrot当晚 怎么会开着你爸爸的超级蜂? |
[33:02] | the night he killed Thomas Harrot? | |
[33:05] | Mom. We’re gonna be late. | 妈妈! 我们要迟到了! |
[33:08] | Just a minute. | 稍等下 |
[33:12] | Okay, look. | 好了 听着… |
[33:14] | Jeremy and I were dating, but nobody knew. | Jeremy和我约会过 但没人知道 这是个秘密 为什么? |
[33:17] | – We kept it a secret. – Why? | |
[33:18] | Because I wanted it that way. He wasn’t my type, | 因为我要保密 我们不合适 但那正是引人之处 你应该明白的 |
[33:22] | and that was the appeal. You know how it is. | |
[33:26] | What about the car? | 那车是怎么回事? |
[33:28] | So, yeah, yeah, I let Jeremy use the car sometimes. | 是 是 有时我会让Jeremy开那车 |
[33:32] | I didn’t know how to say no to him. | 我没法拒绝他 |
[33:34] | Where were you the night of the murder? | 谋杀案当晚你在哪里? |
[33:36] | I was at home with my parents, | 我和父母在家看堡垒大火的新闻 |
[33:38] | watching news coverage of the Rampart fire. | |
[33:40] | I’m gonna need contact information on them. | 我需要他们的联络方式 |
[33:42] | Mom, we’re gonna be late. | 妈妈 我们要迟到了! |
[33:44] | Just a minute. | 等一下! |
[33:47] | – Mountain View Cemetery, plot 921. – Look, I’m sorry. | 山景公墓 921号 哦 对不起 |
[33:52] | Look, my husband’s an attorney. | 听着 我丈夫是律师 所以去和他谈吧 别找我 我理解 我完全理解 听着 这是针对超级蜂的搜查令 |
[33:55] | – So don’t talk to me. Talk to him. – No, no, I understand. | |
[33:57] | I totally understand. Listen, this is a warrant for the Super Bee. | |
[34:02] | According to the DMV, it is currently registered to you now. | 根据机动车辆管理记录 这辆车目前在你名下 所以我们要把车带走 玩得开心点 |
[34:06] | So we’re gonna take the car. | |
[34:08] | Enjoy the game. | |
[34:53] | [WHIRRING] | |
[35:07] | We’ve got something. | 有线索了 |
[35:16] | CATHERINE: That look like blood? | 像不像血? |
[35:17] | What are the odds that’s window glass from the house? | 有多大可能是凶案房屋的窗玻璃? |
[35:19] | About the same as finding a hammer in a tree. | 跟在树上发现锤子的可能性差不多 |
[36:06] | The elemental composition of the glass that you found in the car | 你在车上发现的玻璃 其化学构成 和你18年前收集的样本没有区别 而且… |
[36:09] | is indistinguishable from the exemplars that you collected 18 years ago. | |
[36:16] | Also, both had traces of diazinon. | 两者都含有微量二嗪农 |
[36:19] | – Insecticide? – Yes, indeedy. | 杀虫剂? 完全正确 而且在1999年 就被禁用了 所以… |
[36:21] | Which was banned in 1999. | |
[36:26] | So I’ll give you a money-back guarantee | 我保证这块玻璃 |
[36:28] | that this piece of glass | |
[36:29] | was once part of the victim’s living-room window. | 是受害者客厅窗户上的 |
[36:32] | Hey, I just got your results. | 嘿 我拿到结果了 |
[36:34] | She’s fast, but she’s thorough. | 又快又好啊 |
[36:36] | Um, the blood on the glass did not belong to Jeremy Kent. | 玻璃上的血液不属于Jeremy Kent |
[36:39] | It was female, and it wasn’t in CODIS. | 是女性 DNA数据库里没有 |
[36:43] | Okay, so, we know that Kent and his accomplice | 好吧 那么我们知道了Kent和同伙 |
[36:47] | both entered the house through the broken window. | 都从窗户进入了房子 |
[36:49] | – Didn’t the car belong to his girlfriend? – Yeah. | 逃亡用车不是他女友的吗? 是的 |
[36:52] | [SIREN WAILING] | |
[36:53] | [GASPS] | |
[37:04] | [GROANS] | |
[37:08] | We have DNA that puts your wife at the crime scene. | DNA显示你妻子在案发现场 |
[37:11] | You were there with Jeremy, weren’t you? | – 你和Jeremy都在那儿 对吧? – 别回答 |
[37:13] | – Don’t answer. – You better come up with answers, | 你最好说点什么 否则别想走 |
[37:15] | or you’re not going anywhere. | |
[37:19] | – Jeremy got me pregnant– OWEN: Don’t say a word. | – 我怀了Jeremy的孩子… – 一句话也别说 |
[37:22] | Listen. My client was a 16-year-old kid who got mixed up with the wrong guy. | 听着 我的委托人当时 只是个16岁的孩子 遇人不淑 |
[37:27] | But she got herself straightened out. | 但她已经改了 |
[37:29] | We’ve been married for 15 years. I adopted our son Tyler. | 我们结婚15年了 我们收养了Tyler |
[37:33] | There’s no conspiracy here. | 这里没有犯罪同伙 |
[37:35] | Now, we are here as a courtesy. So either you charge her, or we walk. | 我们来这里只是出于礼貌 要么你指控她 要么我们走人 |
[37:40] | Who are you, the lawyer or the husband? Which one is it? | 你到底是谁 律师还是丈夫? 你演哪一个? |
[37:42] | Ahem. I wanna talk. | 我想说几句 |
[37:43] | – Not until we have an agreement. – Honey, I wanna talk. | – 除非我们达成一致 – 不 亲爱的 我要说几句 |
[37:46] | Jeremy got me pregnant. | 我怀了Jeremy的孩子 |
[37:49] | I couldn’t tell my parents about the baby. | 我没法告诉父母 |
[37:52] | He said we could move to L.A., start over. We didn’t have the money. | 他说我们可以搬到洛杉矶重新开始 但我们没钱 |
[37:56] | He promised me that he was gonna get the money, | 他向我保证能弄到钱 我当时很傻很天真 天真到相信了他 |
[37:58] | and I was naive, you know. I was naive to believe him. | |
[38:02] | So you were with him when he robbed those houses? | 那么他洗劫那家时 你和他在一起? |
[38:04] | OWEN: Sabrina, I am advising you not to say anything else. | Sabrina 我建议你什么都别说了 |
[38:13] | I waited in the car. | 我在车里等他 |
[38:14] | You didn’t wait at Thomas Harrot’s house. | 你可没在Thomas Harrot房前的车里等 |
[38:16] | I did. | 我确实在车里 |
[38:20] | At first. | 一开始是 |
[38:23] | The house was supposed to be empty. | 屋里应该没人的 |
[38:27] | But then I heard Jeremy’s voice, and I knew something was wrong. | 但我听见Jeremy的声音 我知道出问题了 |
[38:31] | What happened when you went inside? | 那么你进去后看到什么了? |
[38:33] | I saw the old man lying on the floor. | 我看见一个老人躺在地上 |
[38:36] | And Jeremy was standing over him holding a hammer. | Jeremy手拿铁锤站在一边 |
[38:42] | He was already dead. | 他已经死了 |
[38:43] | We have your fingerprints in blood on that hammer. You’re lying. | 我们在锤子上发现了 你的血指纹 你在撒谎 |
[38:48] | Get out of my house. | 滚出我的房子! |
[38:50] | [GRUNTING] | |
[38:56] | [SABRINA SCREAMS] | |
[39:05] | I didn’t kill him. | 我没有杀他 没有 没有! |
[39:07] | No, no, no. | |
[39:09] | Jeremy gave me the hammer to throw away. | 是Jeremy让我把锤子扔出去 |
[39:14] | Honey. | 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[39:16] | Honey. | |
[39:19] | You believe me, don’t you? | 你相信我 对吧? |
[39:21] | Counselor, why don’t you explain to your client the felony murder rule? | 法律顾问 为什么不向你的委托人 解释下谋杀重罪? |
[39:25] | Why don’t you explain it to her? | 你向她解释吧? |
[39:27] | Because I don’t know who you are anymore. | 我不认识你了 |
[39:30] | Baby. Honey, don’t leave me. | 亲爱的…亲爱的 不要走 亲爱的 请别离开我 |
[39:32] | Honey, please don’t leave me. | |
[39:34] | Baby, I’m begging you. | 亲爱的 我求你了 |
[39:37] | Baby, please don’t leave me! | 亲爱的 请别离开我! |
[39:38] | [DOOR CLOSES] | |
[39:41] | [CRYING] Oh, God. | 噢 天哪! |
[39:43] | Sit down. Relax. Sit down. | 坐下 放松 坐下 |
[39:46] | Oh, God. | 噢 天哪! |
[39:48] | The felony murder rule states that when a murder is committed | 谋杀重罪法文指出 当一起谋杀案 |
[39:52] | during the commission of a felony, like a burglary, | 发生于入室行窃等重罪的作案过程中 |
[39:55] | all the participants can be charged with first-degree murder, | 所有参与者都可被指控一级谋杀… |
[39:59] | regardless of who actually swings the hammer. | 不管是谁挥舞的锤头 |
[40:18] | Let me lay out our case that we have against you | 我来向你说明这个案子 证据指向你和你的同伙 |
[40:21] | and your accomplice. | |
[40:26] | Due to the granting of your new trial, the lab reopened your case. | 根据重审批准 实验室重开了你的案子 |
[40:31] | We found the murder weapon, | 我们发现了凶器 一把拔钉锤 |
[40:34] | a claw hammer. | |
[40:37] | And we found your print | 在锤把底部发现了你的指纹 |
[40:39] | on the base of the handle of that hammer. | |
[40:42] | And we found your accomplice’s print in blood | 在锤把上发现了你同伙的血指纹 |
[40:45] | on the body of that handle. | |
[40:47] | We’ve identified your accomplice as Sabrina Owen, | 我们已确定你的同伙是Sabrina Owen 过去叫Sabrina Littee… |
[40:50] | formerly Sabrina Littee, | |
[40:53] | your girlfriend at the time of the murder. | 案发时是你的女友 |
[40:57] | And she’s made a full statement | 她作了详尽的供词指证你杀害 Thomas Harrot先生 |
[40:58] | implicating you as the killer of Mr. Thomas Harrot. | |
[41:01] | You’re freaking lying to me. | 一派胡言 |
[41:03] | These are copies of all pertinent documents, | 这是相关文件的复印件 |
[41:06] | as well as a transcript of Mrs. Owen’s sworn confession. | 还有Owen太太证词的笔录 |
[41:16] | “I saw the old man on the floor. | “我看见一个老人躺在地上” |
[41:20] | Jeremy was standing over him, holding a hammer. | “Jeremy手拿铁锤站在一边” |
[41:24] | He was already dead.” | “他已经死了” |
[41:29] | I can’t believe she would do this to me. | 我不相信她会这样对我 |
[41:32] | Yeah, you protected her for 18 years, and she sold you out in five minutes. | 是啊 你保护了她18年 她五分钟就卖了你 |
[41:36] | I kept my mouth shut so my kid would have a mother. | 我缄口不言 是为我的孩子保住母亲 |
[41:39] | Everything I’ve done, I did for them. | 我做的一切都是为了他们 |
[41:42] | Why did you ask for a new trial? | 你为什么要求重审? |
[41:44] | You had to have known that we might find out about Sabrina. | 你肯定知道我们有可能找上Sabrina |
[41:47] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我不知道 过去这么久了 |
[41:49] | Not after all this time. | |
[41:51] | Then why? | 那到底为什么? |
[41:54] | – Because I’m entitled to a fair trial. – But you’re still guilty. | 因为我有权要求公正的判决 但你依然有罪 我觉得一定还有别的原因 你已经在这儿18年了 |
[42:02] | I think it was more than that. You’ve been in here for 18 years. | |
[42:05] | She’s been out there with your kid, living a normal life. | 她和你的孩子在外面 过着正常生活 |
[42:09] | I think you just got tired of having to pay for the crime all by yourself. | 我想你只是厌倦了一人承担罪行 |
[42:12] | All I think about in here is that kid, who has no idea I even exist. | 我想的只是我的孩子 他甚至不知道我的存在 |
[42:18] | Sabrina never visited me once. She never wrote. | Sabrina从没探视过我 也没写过信 |
[42:20] | She never even sent a photo of my girl or boy. I don’t even… | 从没寄过我女儿或者儿子的一张照片 我甚至…甚至不知道孩子的名字 你儿子叫Tyler |
[42:25] | – I don’t even know a name. – Your son’s name is Tyler. | |
[42:34] | – Did Sabrina cut a deal? – No deal. | Sabrina和你们做了交易了吗? 没有交易 她已经被起诉 要接受审判 |
[42:38] | She’s been charged. She’ll stand trial. | |
[42:40] | – So she’ll testify against me. – No, that’s up to the DA. | 那么她要指证我了 那要看检察官了 |
[42:45] | Well, you tell the DA to make sure that happens. | 你去告诉检察官 让她来指证我吧 |
[42:51] | You’re hoping that your son will be there. | 你希望儿子会到庭 |
[42:53] | Might be the only chance I have in my life to see him. | 可能是我今生唯一见他的机会了 |
[42:57] | That’s not right. | 不该是那样的 |
[42:59] | Maybe not. | 也许不是 |
[43:05] | But you had a choice. | 不过…你还有得选择 |
[43:09] | Thomas Harrot didn’t. | Thomas Harrot却没有了 |
[43:13] | I’m saving my sympathy for him. | 我还是更同情他 |