时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:09] | Guy in a boat spotted him this morning. | 今早一个钓鱼人发现了尸体 |
[01:11] | No witnesses. | 没有目击者 |
[01:13] | How did he get up there? | 他怎么上去的? |
[01:17] | I think maybe somebody gave him a lift. | 我想是有人帮了一把 |
[01:19] | Okay, super, I’m ready to cut. | 超人 我要割绳子了 |
[01:29] | lacerations to his chest. | 胸口被划破 |
[01:32] | Stabbed and then hanged. | 被刀刺 然后吊起来 |
[01:35] | I guess he wasn’t dead enough. | 八成是怕他没死透 |
[01:38] | Rope burns on both palms. | 双手都被绳子磨伤 |
[01:41] | He probably tried to pull himself up. | 他可能想抓着绳子起来 |
[01:42] | Lift his shirt up, will you, David? | David 把他的衣服拉起来好吗 |
[01:48] | I… thought this… | 我…以为… |
[01:50] | guy was a guy. | 他是个男人 |
[01:52] | Check the plumping. | 看看下面 |
[01:54] | Full male genitalia. | 发育完全的男性生殖器 |
[01:56] | Mutilated tranny strung up in a tree. | 被刀割的人妖 吊在树上 |
[02:02] | Go! Go! | 快开 快开 |
[02:06] | Bet I know how he got up there. | 我知道他是怎么上去的了 |
[02:09] | Hate? | 仇杀? |
[02:38] | Crime Scene Investigation Season 08 Episode 04 | 犯罪现场调查 |
[03:16] | Pcyden: I need it tonight | PCyden : 我今晚就要 |
[03:21] | to Pcyden: can you give me more money this time? | 回复 PCyden : 这次能多给点钱吗? |
[03:23] | Pcyden: okay | PCyden : 可以 |
[03:41] | lacerations aren’t deep enough to have killed him. | 伤口不深 不足以致死 |
[03:44] | Ligature furrows canted upward. | 勒痕是朝斜上方的 |
[03:47] | Scratches… | 刮痕… |
[03:48] | consistent with struggling to get free. | 显示死前曾试图挣脱 |
[03:50] | Preliminary C.O.D.’S suffocation from hanging. | 初步鉴定死亡原因是吊死 |
[03:55] | 18 years old. | 18岁 |
[03:57] | Brian Towne. | |
[03:59] | Lived in verdant glen. | 住在翠绿谷 |
[04:02] | 20 years ago, my wife wanted to buy out there, | 20年前我太太想在那里买房子 |
[04:05] | but there was no 215 freeway back then. | 但是那时还没有215号高速公路 |
[04:07] | The commute would’ve killed me. | 每天上班就会要了我的命 |
[04:09] | No physical signs of klinefelter syndrome. | 没有明显的克林菲尔脱症状 (先天性睾丸发育不全) |
[04:11] | So he’s not an xxy. | 他没有多余的X染色体 |
[04:13] | No, he’s all skin and muscle. | 没有 他完全是个男人 |
[04:16] | These can’t be fatty deposits… | 这不是是脂肪堆积… |
[04:18] | this is glandular tissue. | 这些都是类腺组织 |
[04:21] | His mammaries are swollen. | 他的乳房肿胀 |
[04:23] | Gynecomastia | 男性乳房发育 |
[04:25] | Pre-op transsexuals take a lot of estrogen. | 变性人在做手术前 会服用大量雌性激素 |
[04:28] | I’ll run an expanded TOX panel, send out for a hormone screen. | 我会做进一步的药物检查 查看荷尔蒙分泌情况 |
[04:38] | It wasn’t easy being a copa girl. | 在赌场做女侍应真不容易 |
[04:41] | When the curtain came down, | 当夜幕降临 |
[04:43] | we had to stay and decorate the sands casino into the wee hours. | 我们必须在赌场里工作到凌晨 |
[04:47] | Ugly guys do gamble more when there’s pretty girls to look at. | 相貌不佳的人在有美女陪伴时 总会多赌几把 |
[04:50] | They weren’t all ugly. | 客人也不都是丑八怪 |
[04:52] | And your father, in that tuxedo… | 那时你爸爸穿着燕尾服… |
[04:57] | giving me the eye, trying not to grin, | 冲我使眼色 忍着不笑 |
[05:00] | ’cause he thought floor managers had to be tough. | 因为他觉得大堂经理应该严肃点 |
[05:03] | So, mom, who made the first move? | 主动的是谁? |
[05:05] | Sam. | |
[05:07] | Stuck this five-dollar chip in my hand | 他把这个5美元筹码塞到我手里 |
[05:11] | and said, “take it, you can’t miss. “ | 然后说, “拿着, 你不能错过.” |
[05:15] | I shot craps all night with Peter Lawford and cleaned up. | 我和 Peter Lawford 整晚掷骰子 赢了很多钱 |
[05:19] | I was right here the day SAM opened the rampart, his first casino. | 堡垒赌场是 Sam 第一家赌场 开张那天我就在场 |
[05:27] | and we were going to be right here again when he opened the eclipse. | 本来等到月蚀 开张那天我们也会一起来 |
[05:32] | I know you wanted to be buried with this, | 我知道你想和它一起下葬 |
[05:35] | but I just couldn’t let go. | 但当时我舍不得 |
[05:38] | I can now. | 现在没关系了 |
[05:42] | They’re going to build your dream on it, honey. | 他们将在此建造你的梦想 亲爱的 |
[05:48] | Take it. | 拿去吧 |
[05:50] | You can’t miss. | 你不能错过 |
[06:17] | I don’t care if it’s jimmy Louise Hoffa. | 我才不管那是不是 |
[06:19] | I want you to grab that Jack Hammer and bust up this concrete. | 拿起你的手提钻 打散那块混凝土 |
[06:22] | Supervisor Willows from crime lab. | 我是犯罪实验室的主管 Willows |
[06:23] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事? |
[06:24] | Worker found a body. | 有人发现一具尸体 |
[06:25] | I’m just following protocol. | 我只是按章办事 |
[06:27] | You find a body, call you guys. | 发现尸体 就找你们 |
[06:30] | How do you know this isn’t one of the marquis chimps? | 你怎么知道这不是黑猩猩的骨头? |
[06:33] | ‘Cause they played the frontier in Ronald Reagan’s act. | 黑猩猩是宇航实验的先锋 应该飞在天上 |
[06:36] | And only humans have a saddle joint. | 而且只有人类才有鞍状关节 |
[06:40] | In fact, that’s how we were able to swing out of trees and end up here. | 这也是人类能走出丛林 创造文明的缘由 |
[06:45] | Opposable thumbs. | 拇指与手掌相对 |
[06:47] | Well, these casinos weren’t built by saints, you know. | 建赌场的不是圣人 |
[06:49] | Oh, I know. | 这我倒是清楚的 |
[06:50] | My dad built this one. | 这家赌场是我父亲的 |
[06:54] | Las Vegas crime lab. | 犯罪实验室 |
[06:54] | Yeah, this is CSI Willows. | 我是鉴证员 Willows |
[06:56] | I need to hand a case off to swing. | 我要把案子转给小夜班 |
[07:00] | Conflict of interest. | 有利益冲突 |
[07:54] | I want to know who did this. | 我想知道凶手到底是谁 |
[07:55] | Well, that’s what we’re trying to find out. | 我们正致力于此 |
[07:59] | Mrs. Towne, it would be of help | Towne 太太 如果你能告诉我们 |
[08:00] | if you could tell me a little bit more about your son Brian. | 一些你儿子 Brian 的情况 会帮上不少忙 |
[08:04] | He was kind… | 他很善良… |
[08:08] | and sweet and… | 很贴心… |
[08:11] | didn’t have an enemy in the world. | 也没有什么敌人 |
[08:13] | What about friends? | 那朋友呢? |
[08:14] | Not really. | 也不怎么有 |
[08:16] | He was always so busy putting in overtime down at the… | 他平时没什么时间 总是忙于工作 |
[08:19] | water treatment plant. | 在净水厂加班 |
[08:21] | He loved to take long runs. | 他喜欢长时间工作 |
[08:24] | Exercise is a natural cure for depression. | 工作是治愈抑郁的良药 |
[08:28] | Was he depressed? | 他抑郁吗? |
[08:29] | I mean, there’s a lot of medications here. | 你家里有很多药物 |
[08:31] | Are these Brian’s? | 都是 Brian 的吗? |
[08:32] | No. These are all mine. | 不 这都是我的 |
[08:34] | I had a mastectomy eight years ago. | 8年前我做了乳房切除手术 |
[08:37] | Cancer came back three months ago. | 但是3个月前癌症复发了 |
[08:39] | Oh. I’M… | 哦… |
[08:41] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 真抱歉 |
[08:43] | I never thought I’d outlive my son. | 我从没想过会白发人送黑发人 |
[08:48] | Is there anything else? | 还有别的事情吗? |
[08:50] | Did you know a person with the last name Cyden? C-y-d-e-n? | 你认识一个姓 Cyden 的人吗? |
[08:52] | Paul Cyden. | |
[08:54] | He’s a family friend;he lives a couple blocks over. | 他一直和我们家很要好 就住在2个街区之外 |
[08:57] | So Brian knew him, too? | 那 Brian 也认识他? |
[08:58] | Oh, he was like a father to Brian after my husband died. | 自从我丈夫过世后 他就像 Brian 的爸爸一样 |
[09:04] | Why are you asking about Paul? | 为什么问起 Paul? |
[09:05] | Ma’am, your son had a good deal of cash stashed away in his bedroom. | 太太 你儿子的房间里藏着大笔现金 |
[09:09] | Was he saving up for something? | 他为了什么存钱? |
[09:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:17] | What’s going on here? | 到底怎么回事? |
[09:19] | Mrs. Towne, we think Brian was saving up for a sex change operation. | Towne 太太 我们认为 Brian 存钱是为了做变性手术 |
[09:23] | Were you aware of this? | 你知道这事吗? |
[09:25] | My son was not a freak. | 我儿子不是变态 |
[09:27] | No, I didn’t say that. | 我不是那个意思 |
[09:28] | Ma’am, we’re not trying to upset you in any way. | 太太 我们无意伤害你的感情 |
[09:30] | I volunteered to let you in my house! | 我主动让你们进来我家 |
[09:33] | And now I want you to leave. | 但现在我希望你们离开 |
[09:34] | I want you to leave right now! | 请你们马上就走 |
[09:46] | In college, I wanted to be an archaeologist, | 读大学时 我想做一个考古学家 |
[09:48] | until I did a summer on a dig in Tunisia. | 直到我在突尼斯的考古发掘地 工作了一个夏天 |
[09:51] | Hot. | 太热了 |
[09:52] | But that got me in to forensics. | 但我也因此转向了鉴证学 |
[09:53] | What made you pick Vegas? | 你为什么选了拉斯维加斯? |
[09:55] | Well, it, uh, it kind of picked me. | 可以说是拉斯维加斯选了我 |
[10:03] | hey, check this out. | 嘿 看这个 |
[10:10] | Turquoise and silver beads. | 绿松石和银珠子 |
[10:12] | I got the matching necklace at the Indian market in Santa Fe. | 我在圣大菲的印第安市场上 买过配套的项链 |
[10:15] | Everybody stop! | 大家都停工! |
[10:16] | Stop what you’re doing! | 把手头的活都停下来! |
[10:19] | What is the problem now? | 又怎么了? |
[10:20] | We have just found evidence that this might be a native American burial site. | 我们发现这里可能是印第安人墓地 |
[10:24] | We have to notify the inter-tribal council. | 我们必须通知民族委员会 |
[10:26] | Until they say so, nobody touches anything. | 直到他们点头 谁也不准动工 |
[10:28] | Hey, Grissom. | 嘿 Grissom |
[10:29] | About your hanging victim. | 关于你那被吊死的受害人 |
[10:31] | The one with the “chesticals. “ | 那个长得像 “馒头” |
[10:32] | The man boobs… | 有胸部的男人… |
[10:34] | uh, the… gynecomastia, sorry. | 那个…男性乳腺发育症患者 不好意思 |
[10:37] | Quant hormone report. | 荷尔蒙分析报告 |
[10:38] | Androgen’s low. | 雄激素含量低 |
[10:39] | Estradiol’s high. | 雌二醇含量较高 |
[10:40] | It’s 250 picogramsper milliliter. | 每毫升250皮克 |
[10:42] | Arogesterone, too. | 芳香化雌激素也高 |
[10:44] | Estrogen level is five times the normal amount for an adult male. | 雌激素水平是正常男性的5倍 |
[10:48] | It’s consistent with a pre-op transsexual. | 符合手术前的变性人情况 |
[10:50] | Yeah, but there’s no other pre-op drugs in his system. | 但是他体内没有其他手术前药物 |
[10:54] | No spironolactone, no flutamide, progesterone. | 没有螺内酯 也没有氟他胺和黄体酮 |
[10:58] | Maybe he’s a”do-it-yourselfer. “ | 也许他只是 “自娱自乐” |
[11:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:09] | hello? | 喂? |
[11:10] | Paul Cyden? | |
[11:10] | This is he. | 我就是 |
[11:15] | Paul Cyden. | |
[11:17] | I’m detective Jim brass, this is Catherine Willows, from the crime lab. | 我是 Jim Brass 警探 这位是犯罪实验室的 Catherine Willows |
[11:20] | I’d like to ask you a couple questions about Brian Towne. | 我想问一些关于 Brian Towne 的问题 |
[11:24] | What a great kid. | 是个好孩子 |
[11:25] | I can’t believe he’s gone. | 不敢相信他就那样死了 |
[11:26] | When was the last time you talked with him? | 你上一次和他谈话是什么时候? |
[11:28] | Oh, uh, honestly, I don’t remember. | 说实话 不大记得了 |
[11:30] | Oh, you don’t remember yesterday? | 昨天的事情你就不记得了? |
[11:32] | Calling him? | 不记得给他打电话? |
[11:33] | Texting him? | 不记得发短信? |
[11:35] | Brian occasionally does odd jobs for me. | Brian 有时候给我做些零活 |
[11:37] | How odd? | 什么活? |
[11:40] | I, uh, study water. | 我研究水质 |
[11:41] | I’m a hydrologist, retired, but I still do consulting. | 我是个水文学家 但是我也做咨询 |
[11:45] | Brian was helping me with a project. | Brian 之前帮我做一个项目 |
[11:48] | Well, it seems to me, according to your messages, Brian was the project. | 在我看来 你们消息里 Brian 本身就是这个项目 |
[11:53] | You’re way off base. | 你太离谱了 |
[11:54] | Then you won’t mind giving us your fingerprints and DNA? | 那你不介意让我们 采取你的指纹和 DNA 吧? |
[11:57] | Not if you have a court order. | 如果你们有法庭令的话 |
[11:59] | look, you can do this the hard way or the easy way. | 你不要敬酒不吃吃罚酒 |
[12:01] | But trust me, we’re going to get this done. | 相信我 我们会搞定你的 |
[12:05] | Yeah, what’s up, doc? | 怎么了 医生? |
[12:06] | Yeah, Brian Towne’s mother is here. | Brian Towne 的妈妈在这里 |
[12:08] | She wants to see the body. | 她想看看尸体 |
[12:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:10] | If anything of interest pops up, why don’t you text me? | 要是有什么事情就发消息给我 |
[12:13] | All right. | 好的 |
[12:36] | He needed a haircut. | 他该剪头发了 |
[13:12] | are you lurking around here for results? | 你来刺探结果吗? |
[13:15] | No. No, no. I wouldn’t do that. | 不 不 我不是那样的 |
[13:16] | I was just, uh… | 我只是… |
[13:18] | I was getting a cup of coffee. Actually. | 我只是来拿杯咖啡 |
[13:20] | You can come in. | 你可以进来 |
[13:21] | Why, do you got something? | 你找到结果了? |
[13:22] | I do. I got a two-fer. | 是的 而且买一送一 |
[13:24] | I got epithelials from the rope from multiple contributors, and one of them… | 绳子上有多个人的上皮组织 其中一个人… |
[13:28] | drank from the bloody beer bottle. | 喝过那个染血的酒瓶 |
[13:30] | Larry Ludwig. | |
[13:32] | Convicted of aggravated assault and DUI. | 过激伤人和酒后驾车 |
[13:35] | Bring up his parole record. | 把他的假释记录调出来 |
[13:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:40] | There you go. | 就是他了 |
[13:41] | He works at the same water treatment plant as my victim. | 他和受害者在同一个净水厂工作 |
[13:45] | Thought you were getting coffee. | 你不是要喝咖啡吗 |
[13:47] | Right. | 对 |
[13:52] | You sure you fellas don’t want masks? | 你们真的不用面罩? |
[13:54] | The smell in here makes some people puke. | 有些人闻这味道会吐 |
[13:57] | Mr. Ludwig, can we see your palms, please? | Ludwig 先生 能不能看看你的手掌? |
[13:59] | What, you gonna tell me my future or something? | 你要给我看相? |
[14:02] | Depends on what I see. | 取决于你手上有什么 |
[14:04] | I don’t think so. | 我可不觉得 |
[14:06] | Gentlemen? | 先生们? |
[14:08] | Hey, I was just getting back to work, Mr. Quinn. | 我正准备回去工作 Quinn 先生 |
[14:10] | Jonah Quinn. General manager. | Jonah Quinn 总经理 |
[14:11] | I’m Warrick brown. | 我是 Warrick Brown |
[14:12] | And I’m nick stokes, we’re with the Vegas crime lab. | 我是 Nick Stokes 维加斯犯罪鉴证科 |
[14:14] | We’re here investigating the death of one of your employees, Brian Towne. | 我们来调查 Brian Towne 的死亡 他是你的员工 |
[14:18] | I told them I had nothing to say, sir. | 说了我什么都不知道 |
[14:20] | You have my permission to question and search any of my employees. | 你们可以调查询问任何一个员工 |
[14:24] | They don’t have warrant, Mr. Quinn. | 他们没有许可证 Quinn 先生 |
[14:25] | They’re just… | 他们只是… |
[14:26] | they’re just fishing around, sir. | 他们只是在摸底 |
[14:27] | Anybody who doesn’t want to cooperate | 谁要是不跟他们合作 |
[14:28] | with the police in trying to find out who killed Brian | 不帮助查明 Brian 的死 |
[14:32] | can clean out their lockers and search for another job! | 就收拾东西给我滚蛋! |
[14:37] | Weren’t they asking you a question? | 他们不是在问你吗? |
[14:40] | Go ahead and take off your gloves. | 把手套摘下来 |
[14:42] | Show us your palms. | 手心向上 |
[14:51] | Well, now, they look like rope burns. | 像是绳子勒伤 |
[14:56] | Did you know that there’s a paiute reservation in the heart of las Vegas? | 你知不知道在拉斯维加斯中心 有一个派尤特人的居留地? |
[14:59] | It’s only an acre, but it’s right up on north main. | 只有一英亩地 就在城北 |
[15:02] | Do you think that we found the bones of one of their ancestors? | 你觉得这是他们先人的骨头? |
[15:05] | Well, the fusing of the plates and shape of the skull | 头骨的接合处以及形状 |
[15:08] | indicate a 30-year-old of the mongoloid race. | 说明此人是蒙古人种 约30岁 |
[15:11] | Which does include native Americans. | 有可能是北美印第安人 |
[15:13] | And southeast Asians, pacific islanders. | 也可能是东南亚人或太平洋岛民 |
[15:16] | But take a look at the teeth. | 看看牙齿 |
[15:21] | I don’t see any dental work. | 他没看过牙医 |
[15:23] | But there are caries. | 但有蛀蚀 |
[15:25] | Cavities. | 蛀洞 |
[15:26] | Right. | 对 |
[15:27] | Teeth from ancient tribal graves usually have distinctive wear marks, | 古老的部落墓地里发现的牙齿 通常有明显的磨损痕迹 |
[15:31] | uh, grooves from pipe-smoking, rope-making… | 比如抽烟斗 做绳子造成的凹槽… |
[15:34] | but no cavities. | 但不会有蛀洞 |
[15:37] | You look disappointed. | 你看起来有点失望 |
[15:39] | I was… | 我只是希望…哪怕就这一次 |
[15:41] | hoping, just once, Vegas would have to honor its past. | 拉斯维加斯能尊敬自己的历史 |
[15:44] | These tire treads were under a tree where Brian’s body was found. | 悬挂 Brian 尸体的树下有这些轮胎印 |
[15:50] | They’re from a Chevy Colorado. | 是雪佛莱皮卡车的轮胎印 |
[15:54] | Isn’t that what you drive? | 你开的不就是皮卡车? |
[15:55] | Yeah. | 是 |
[15:58] | You’re putting a nice polish on that wedding band. | 别玩戒指了 |
[16:02] | Hey, this is between us, right? | 你们会保密 对吧? |
[16:05] | Yeah, absolutely. | 当然 |
[16:05] | Oh, yeah. | 是 |
[16:07] | All right… | 好吧 |
[16:09] | I did see Brian last night. | 我昨晚确实见过 Brian |
[16:11] | Me and my buddy, we started out at a bar, threw a few back, | 我和朋友去了酒吧 老一套 |
[16:14] | you know, met some ladies. | 找姑娘聊天 |
[16:16] | And the hot one, she said, “let’s go swimming. “ | 其中一人 她说, “来去游泳” |
[16:25] | Brian. What’s shaking? | Brian 干嘛呢? |
[16:27] | Not much. | 没什么 |
[16:29] | Anybody want one? | 谁想要吗? |
[16:30] | Yes, please. | 当然 |
[16:32] | So the girls, they wanted to play Tarzan, | 姑娘们想玩”人猿泰山” |
[16:34] | so I pull my pickup truck underneath the tree, | 所以我就把车停在树下 |
[16:37] | I grabbed a rope out of my utility box, | 在工具箱里找了条绳子 |
[16:40] | and we all started stripping down and everything… | 然后脱了衣服开始玩 |
[16:56] | oh, my god. | 老天 |
[16:59] | What? | 怎么了? |
[17:04] | I mean, the guy had boobs, man. | 一个有乳房的男人 |
[17:05] | I mean, you could see ’em right through the t-shirt. | 衬衣贴在身上看的一清二楚 |
[17:11] | I mean, we were all kind of cracking up about it, but um… | 我们拿他开玩笑 |
[17:14] | it kind of broke the party up a little bit. | 最后不欢而散 |
[17:16] | No, you kind of broke up the party, man, | 搞到不欢而散的是你吧 |
[17:19] | when you cut him up with a beer bottle and you hanged him in a tree. | 你用啤酒瓶割伤他然后吊在树上 |
[17:21] | Hey, man, I mean… | 嘿 听我说 |
[17:23] | he ran off and we left. | 他跑掉了 我们也走了 |
[17:25] | All right, I-I-I don’t know what else I can tell you. | 我知道的都说了 |
[17:28] | I mean, you can ask Tony he works with me, too. | 你可以去问 Tony 他也是我工友 |
[17:31] | Where did you go? | 后来你去了哪? |
[17:31] | I went to the… | 我… |
[17:33] | I went to a motel with one of, one of the girls. | 我和一个女孩去了旅馆 |
[17:37] | These girls have names? | 知道她们的名字吗? |
[17:39] | Yeah, mine was, uh… | 和我上床的那个叫… |
[17:40] | she was named after some city in Texas. | 德克萨斯州的一个城市名 |
[17:42] | I don’t know, like, uh… | 我不记得了 |
[17:43] | Dallas or Houston or something like that. | 达拉斯或者休斯顿 |
[17:46] | The other one, she really wasn’t that hot, | 另外一个长得不怎么样 |
[17:47] | so I don’t know what her name was. | 我不记得她名字了 |
[17:49] | You better hope we find these girls. | 你该祈祷我们能找到她们 |
[17:51] | We better not find any of Brian’s blood in your flatbed. | 最好别让我们 在你车上发现 Brian 的血 |
[18:09] | The original plans for the rampart. | 堡垒赌场的施工蓝图? |
[18:12] | Opening day, new year’s eve, 1964. | 1964年新年夜开张 |
[18:14] | Half of the hotel tower was still under construction, | 酒店有一半没完工 |
[18:17] | but SAM decided to have the party anyway. | Sam 还是坚持举行典礼 |
[18:19] | He’s got the midas touch, and help from the boys in Kansas city. | 他简直能点石成金 还得到堪萨斯人的帮助 |
[18:24] | This is the ultimate. | 这就是根源 |
[18:27] | Don’t you have work to do? | 你没事做吗? |
[18:29] | Deal me in. | 算我一个 |
[18:31] | Well… | 那… |
[18:33] | the workers found the bones here… | 工人在这里发现尸骨 |
[18:35] | which correspond to this area. | 也就是这个位置 |
[18:39] | Bottom of the construction shaft. | 在施工井架底部 |
[18:42] | Wonder if it’s gus”the beauty” finkel. | 可能是”美人” Gus Finkel |
[18:44] | Snitch, disappeared in ’64. | 大盗 1964年失踪 |
[18:46] | The skull shape is mongoloid. | 尸骨是蒙古人种 |
[18:49] | Maybe it’s Eddie Chang, the Peking pimp. | 那可能是 Eddie 蒋 北京皮条客 |
[18:52] | Caught dean at the sands, went out for eggs, never came back. | 在沙漠赌场离奇消失 |
[18:55] | Did the Peking pimp ever wear anything like this on his arm? | 那个人会在胳膊上戴这个吗? |
[19:00] | Nope. | 不会 |
[19:00] | Just French cuffs and platinum blondes. | 他喜欢穿法式袖口衣服 挽金发美女 |
[19:04] | Careful with those. | 小心别弄坏了 |
[19:06] | They’re like the dead sea scrolls of las Vegas. | 这些可是拉斯维加斯的死海文书 |
[19:08] | I have to go back to the scene. | 我要去现场 |
[19:10] | I’m off the clock. | 我下班了 |
[19:11] | You, uh, need a hand? | 要我帮忙吗? |
[19:23] | 67.5 inches. | 67.5英寸(5尺6寸) |
[19:26] | Not the Peking pimp. | 不是北京皮条客 |
[19:28] | He was only five-two. | 他只有5尺2 |
[19:29] | It looks like every bone in his body is broken. | 他的骨头差不多全断了 |
[19:36] | check out the third vertebrosternal rib, left side. | 看他左边的第三根肋骨 |
[19:40] | Isn’t that a bullet hole? | 像不像弹孔? |
[19:41] | Exit wound. | 出弹孔 |
[19:42] | Good call. | 很不错 |
[19:42] | Document it. | 记录下来 |
[19:43] | Nothing says “mob hit” like shot in the chest, thrown down a construction shaft, | 当胸一枪 扔下施工井架 再用水泥埋起来 |
[19:47] | and tucked in under a concrete blanket. | 典型的黑帮杀人手法 |
[19:49] | For real? | 真的? |
[19:51] | My first mob hit. Cool. | 我第一件黑帮案 真帅 |
[19:53] | You know, only the bones at the point of impact should be broken. | 尸体落地部位之外的骨头不应该断 |
[19:57] | Then the implosion must have busted up the rest of him. | 肯定是酒店爆破时震碎了 |
[20:04] | Hey, Ronnie? | 嘿 Ronnie? |
[20:05] | Will you take a picture of this for me, please? | 把这个照下来 |
[20:07] | Yeah. | 好 |
[20:12] | it looks like… | 看起来像… |
[20:14] | treated hide. | 加工过的生皮 |
[20:16] | Buckskin. | 鹿皮 |
[20:17] | Maybe your M.E.Was wrong. | 大概你的推想错了 |
[20:19] | Well, only if the ancient tribe used sewing machines. | 除非古部族人用缝纫机 |
[20:22] | The stitches are uniform. | 缝线很平整 |
[20:24] | You know, the showroom had this wild west revue | 酒店展厅有荒蛮西部的歌舞剧 |
[20:26] | with cowboys, and horses, and rifles, a real stagecoach. | 牛仔 马匹 来福枪 还有马车 |
[20:30] | And Indians who shot flaming arrows that ripped off the dance hall girls’ clothes. | 印第安人用带火的箭射掉舞女的衣服 |
[20:35] | It ran from the day the rampart opened until 1976. | 从堡垒开张一直演到1976年 |
[20:39] | An Indian playing an Indian? | 印第安人演印第安人? |
[20:47] | When I was growing up, there weren’t any lakes in Vegas, just hotel swimming pools. | 我小时候拉斯维加斯还没有湖泊 只有酒店的游泳池 |
[20:54] | I think Mr. Cyden might be dodging us. | 估计 Cyden 先生在躲我们 |
[20:59] | We got a 419. | 发现尸体 |
[21:07] | so you think that’s a message or his dinner? | 你觉得那是他的遗言 还是作为晚餐? |
[21:09] | Well, that’s carp. | 是鲤鱼 |
[21:10] | Nobody really eats those. | 没人吃鲤鱼 |
[21:12] | Body’s in full rigor. | 尸体已经完全僵硬 |
[21:14] | Been dead at least ten hours. | 至少死了10个小时 |
[21:16] | Appears to be… | 身上有… |
[21:17] | one, two, three gunshot wounds to the torso. | 三处枪伤 |
[21:20] | Probably rules out suicide. | 基本排除自杀 |
[21:24] | no exit wounds. | 没有出弹孔 |
[21:25] | I don’t see a gun or cartridge casings anywhere. | 没发现枪和弹壳 |
[21:28] | He has some fairly dense gunshot residue patterns. | 衣服上有不少枪击残留物 |
[21:31] | Shooter was only a couple of feet away, practically face-to-face. | 凶手开枪时离他很近 没准是面对面 |
[21:34] | No signs of forced entry, no signs of struggle. | 没有强行闯入和搏斗的痕迹 |
[21:36] | I bet he knew his killer. | 他一定认识凶手 |
[21:38] | Maybe the same person who killed the tranny killed the boyfriend. | 可能就是杀死变性人的家伙 |
[21:48] | Offer to buy his house dated… | 购房意向书 日期… |
[21:51] | yesterday. | 昨天 |
[21:53] | Who tears up an offer in this tough market? | 房地产这么不景气 怎么会有人把它给撕了? |
[21:58] | “Purchaser, Jonah Quinn. “ | “购买方, Jonah Quinn “ |
[22:00] | That’s Brian’s boss. | Brian 的老板 |
[22:02] | I met him. | 我见过他 |
[22:03] | This notebook charts hormone levels. | 笔记本里记录的是荷尔蒙水平 |
[22:06] | No names, just numbers. | 没有名字 只有编号 |
[22:09] | There’s over 40 test subjects here. | 试验品有差不多40多个 |
[22:11] | If this guy was running some kind of underground clinic here, | 这里如果是他的地下诊所 |
[22:15] | then where are the drugs? | 药物在哪儿? |
[22:18] | These could be hormones. | 这些可能是荷尔蒙 |
[22:19] | Warrick found vials like that in Brian’s bedroom. | Warrick 也在 Brian 的卧室里 发现了这种小瓶子 |
[22:24] | Check that freezer. | 看看那个冰柜 |
[22:28] | Carpe diem. | 新鲜的鱼 |
[22:30] | Lots of them. | 还不少呢 |
[22:32] | Numbered and dated. | 标有编号和日期 |
[22:34] | Shoot me a number. | 告诉我个编号 |
[22:36] | “R-41” | |
[22:41] | “June 20, 2007.” | “2007年6月20日” |
[22:43] | Why would he be giving hormones to fish? | 他为什么要给鱼喂荷尔蒙? |
[22:51] | S Hodges? | |
[22:52] | Here’s the problem… | 问题是… |
[22:53] | you know, that’s just what mom says when all I ask is to come home for thanksgiving. | 我说回家过感恩节 我妈就是这么回答我的 |
[22:57] | My john doe is from 1964. | 我那个无名男尸死于1964年 |
[23:00] | Well, to quote sherlock sanders, “this town was built on dead bodies. “ | 我们的大侦探 Sanders 说过 “尸骨是这个城市的地基” |
[23:04] | The national missing persons database only lists four persons in ’64, | 全国失踪人口数据库里 64年失踪的只有4人 |
[23:08] | none of which are a match. | 没有一个和他匹配 |
[23:09] | It might help if we knew where he was from. | 要是知道他从哪儿来的 或许会有帮助 |
[23:11] | Do I look like the ghost whisperer? | 你看我像是鬼语者吗? |
[23:13] | Every geographic area has specific levels of oxygen isotopes due to rainfall, | 由于各地理区降水 气候 植被的不同 |
[23:18] | climate and vegetation. | 氧同位素的水平也不同 |
[23:20] | And you can identify those isotopes in bones. | 你可以从骨头里获取它们的信息 |
[23:23] | You do know that those isotopes will only tell you | 你知道同位素只能测定 |
[23:26] | where he spent the last three years or so of his life. | 死前3年左右的地理位置吧 |
[23:32] | I’ll take it. | 足矣 |
[23:34] | It’s more then we have now. | 总比我们现在知道的多 |
[23:37] | If this works, | 如果成功了 |
[23:39] | I write the paper for the forensics journal, sole credit. | 我写论文投稿给法医学刊 以我个人名义 |
[23:43] | Deal. | 成交 |
[23:48] | Me and my big mouth. | 瞧我这张大嘴巴 |
[25:13] | Sara told me to document the detritus, | Sara 让我来检查这些碎石 |
[25:15] | but I see you beat me to it. | 但你比我快一步 |
[25:17] | Oh, sorry, yeah, I kind of got carried away, but look at this… | 抱歉 我入迷了 看看这个… |
[25:20] | it’s the Vic’s right hand. | 这是死者的右手 |
[25:22] | He was holding on to something and when they poured the concrete on top of him, | 注水泥的时候还攥着这个 |
[25:26] | it made kind of a fossil. | 现在基本上成了化石了 |
[25:28] | Whatever it was, we must have collected it, right? | 不管攥着啥 我们肯定收集了 对吧? |
[25:31] | It’s definitely not a gun. | 绝对不是枪 |
[25:33] | No, you didn’t find one of those. | 不是 你们没发现枪 |
[25:40] | Cigarette lighter? | 打火机? |
[25:43] | No. | 不是 |
[25:50] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[25:57] | It’s film. | 是胶卷 |
[25:58] | Uh, 35 millimeters used to come in a screw-top metal can like this. | 35毫米的胶卷以前都装在这种 螺丝盖的金属罐里 |
[26:03] | Whatever’s on it must be important enough | 拍下的东西一定很重要 |
[26:05] | for Mr. Bones to hang on to it while taking a header. | 所以骨头先生栽倒在地时还紧攥着 |
[26:10] | Later. | 一会儿回来 |
[26:12] | Black and white tri-x stock. | Tri-X 型黑白原液胶片 |
[26:15] | It’s pretty grainy. | 颗粒很多 |
[26:16] | Photographers like it cause you can shoot fast. | 但因为可以快拍 摄影师很喜欢用 |
[26:20] | It’s like finding pictures of Lincoln at ford’s theater. | 感觉就像发现了林肯 在福特剧场遇刺的照片 |
[26:26] | The party was on the rooftop. | 派对在顶层 |
[26:31] | Bring up that last shot on the roll. | 把底片上最后一张放出来 |
[26:36] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[26:37] | Let’s see if we can take a better look at that. | 看看能不能弄清楚点儿 |
[26:41] | looks like the casino take on opening day. | 赌场开业 |
[26:44] | Everybody got a cut… | 所有人都挣了一笔… |
[26:46] | the Feds, the state… | 联邦政府 州政府… |
[26:48] | and something called Fergus. | 还有一个啥 Fergus |
[26:55] | I love it when you dress up. | 你穿这身可真好看 |
[26:58] | well, you know, whatever it takes to get some time with you. | 能跟你在一起 让我干啥都行 |
[27:02] | How’s the study going? | 研究怎么样了? |
[27:03] | Any sign of colony collapse disorder r? | 有种群崩溃的迹象了吗? |
[27:05] | Nope, so far it’s healthy. | 没 现在还很健康 |
[27:08] | Nothing too healthy about smoking. | 别给熏坏了 |
[27:10] | well, the scent confuses the guard bees. | 这个味道可以迷惑守卫蜂 |
[27:13] | They won’t emit the pheromone that tells the colony there’s an intruder. | 他们就不会发出信息 告诉蜂群有入侵者 |
[27:18] | Don’t worry, he’s harmless. | 别担心 他不会害你们的 |
[27:24] | Who’s who? | 如何区分开来? |
[27:26] | These are the workers… | 这些是工蜂… |
[27:28] | infertile females. | 雌的 无生育能力 |
[27:29] | They don’t sting? | 它们不蛰人? |
[27:30] | No, not unless you swat one, | 你只要不打它 |
[27:32] | or close one up in your hand, or freak out. | 不把它握手里 不害怕 它就不蛰你 |
[27:35] | Go ahead, take off your glove. | 试下吧 把手套摘了 |
[27:37] | Eh… all right, I trust you. | 嘿…好吧 我相信你 |
[27:44] | See?It’s cool. | 看到了吧? 不蛰你的 |
[27:48] | the worker bees defend the hive, | 工蜂保卫蜂房 |
[27:50] | procure the pollen, make the honey, | 采集花粉 酿造蜂蜜 |
[27:53] | nurture the larvae and pupae in each of these brood cells. | 抚育每个蜂窝里的蛹和幼蜂 |
[28:02] | You know, maybe we should get married. | 我们结婚怎么样 |
[28:07] | Ouch! | 啊! |
[28:09] | – Oh, oh… – I’m sorry. | – 噢… – 抱歉 |
[28:14] | no, no, don’t, don’t, don’t pick it out. | 别把毒刺拔出来 |
[28:15] | Makes it worse, releases the venom into the bloodstream. | 拔了反而会释放毒液 流进血管 |
[28:19] | It’s better to scrape it. | 最好把它刮掉 |
[28:28] | So, uh… | 那个… |
[28:31] | – what do you think, you know, about… – yes. | – 你觉得怎么样 我们… – 我愿意 |
[28:36] | Let’s do it. | 我们结婚吧 |
[28:38] | Yeah? | 真的 |
[28:55] | hi, Sara. | 嗨 Sara |
[28:57] | You look like you’re having a good day. | 看来你今天过得不错 |
[28:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:00] | Got your isotope results. | 同位素检测结果出来了 |
[29:05] | My john doe lived in southeast Asia? | 我那个无名男尸住在东南亚? |
[29:07] | Yeah, uh, more specifically, southern Vietnam. | 更精确的说 是越南南部 |
[29:10] | Like I said, this test only dates back to the last three years of his life. | 跟我说的一样 结果只能精确到死前3年 |
[29:13] | In ’64… | 64年… |
[29:16] | soldier? | 士兵? |
[29:18] | Consultant, refugee? | 顾问医生? 难民? |
[29:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:21] | Let me know if you get an I.D. | 知道是谁了 告诉我一声 |
[29:23] | It’d be a great touch for the article. | 文章会更出彩 |
[29:29] | Hey, what are you up to? | 嘿 你干嘛呢? |
[29:31] | Nothing. | 没干嘛 |
[29:33] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[29:39] | What’s in the cooler? | 冰柜里的是啥? |
[29:42] | Carp. | 鲤鱼 |
[29:44] | Paul Cyden died holding one. | Paul Cyden 死的时候抓着一条 |
[29:46] | He had a freezer full of them, some kind of an experiment. | 他的冰柜里全是 像是某种实验 |
[29:49] | Huh. | 呵 |
[29:52] | I can process those fish if you like. | 你乐意的话 我可以检测下 |
[29:54] | Do I know how to turn you on or what? | 这么好 还是我知道怎么才能让你兴奋 |
[30:04] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[30:05] | Heard you were looking for me. | 你找我 |
[30:06] | Yeah, our friend Larry Ludwig he’s sharp as a marble, but his alibi checked out. | Larry Ludwig 他虽然做了傻事 但确实有不在场证明 |
[30:10] | We found the motel and the girl. | 我们去了旅店也找到了那个女孩 |
[30:12] | Really? | 真的? |
[30:15] | What’s her name? | 她叫啥? |
[30:16] | – Tucson. – Ah, yes. | – 哦 没错 |
[30:18] | Tucson, the capital of Texas. | Tucson 德州的首府 |
[30:23] | well, Paul Cyden’s DNA and fingerprints finally arrived. | Paul Cyden 的 DNA 样本和指纹 也算是有了 |
[30:27] | Well, I’ll run it, but I don’t think it’ll matter. | 我会对照的 但我觉得已经不重要了 |
[30:29] | I think Brian killed himself. | 我觉得 Brian 是自杀 |
[30:31] | You think he just climbed that big old tree all by himself? | 你觉得他是自己爬上那棵树的? |
[30:34] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[30:36] | Okay, yeah. | 那好 |
[30:38] | What about the mutilation? | 胸部割伤怎么解释? |
[30:39] | Self-inflicted. | 他自己割的 |
[30:41] | It took a while, but Mandy was able to recover some prints from the beer bottle, | 费了点时间 但 Mandy 还是在 啤酒瓶上找到了指纹 |
[30:45] | but it came back to Brian. | 是 Brian 的 |
[31:13] | – So this was a hate crime. – Yeah. | – 作案动机是憎恨 – 嗯 |
[31:16] | He hated himself. | 他憎恨自己 |
[31:29] | yes? | 干嘛? |
[31:30] | Oh, sorry, just | 抱歉 只是… |
[31:33] | a bad habit from when we worked the miniature case together. | 一起办微缩模型杀手那案子时 留下的坏毛病 |
[31:36] | – That was fun, wasn’t it? – I thought so. | – 确实挺好玩儿的 对吧? – 我想是的 |
[31:39] | What do you see? | 看看是什么? |
[31:43] | Well, those are eggs… it’s a girl. | 这些是卵 是雌鱼 |
[31:48] | And those white organs would be gonads. | 那些白色的器官 是生殖腺 |
[31:51] | Male and female parts. | 同时拥有两性产物 |
[31:54] | Simultaneous hermaphroditism? | 雌雄同体? |
[31:56] | Stop me if you already know this, but some fish do change sex naturally. | 可能你知道 有些鱼类确实会自然变性 |
[31:59] | Not carp. | 鲤鱼不会 |
[32:01] | I heard of a study when I was attending a forensics consortium in D.C. | 我在华盛顿参加一个鉴证学会 的时候听过这么一篇研究 |
[32:05] | Feminized male bass were found in the wastewater effluent of the Potomac river. | 在波托马克河被污染的水域 发现了雌化雄鲈鱼 |
[32:13] | It’s the water. | 是水 |
[32:14] | Yeah, it was full of excreted pharmaceuticals | 嗯 水里都是制药工业的废物 |
[32:17] | and what they called”personal care products, “ | 和个人生活垃圾 |
[32:19] | all of which supposedly altered | 它们改变了 |
[32:21] | the endocrine system of the fish and their young. | 鱼和幼鱼的内分泌系统 |
[32:23] | Good, hodges. | 很好 Hodges |
[32:27] | Well, now that we’re working together again… | 既然我们又一起工作了… |
[32:33] | take at least two organ samples along with blood. | 取至少2个带血的器官样本 |
[32:36] | Send them with these water samples to our clinical lab for hormone quants. | 把它们和水样一起送到临床实验室 检测激素的含量 |
[32:43] | You got it, partner. | 没问题 搭档 |
[32:48] | Melvin Fergus. | |
[32:50] | He was a gaming commissioner. | 他是赌博管理委员会会长 |
[32:52] | “Honest Melvin. “ | “诚实的 Melvin “ |
[32:54] | Well, it looks like honest Melvin was on the take. | 看来诚实 Melvin 受贿了 |
[32:57] | Bribing a public official could cost you your gaming license. | 贿赂官员会被吊销赌场执照 |
[33:00] | Maybe our dead guy found out about it | 说不定死的那个发现了这事 |
[33:02] | and somebody found out about him finding out about it. | 却又被人发现他知道了 |
[33:05] | Who was this dead guy? | 死的那个是谁? |
[33:07] | Some wisenheimer with extortion on the brain. | 一个自作聪明想着敲诈的人 |
[33:09] | Maybe a reporter. | 也许是记者 |
[33:11] | Hi, lily. | 嗨 Lily |
[33:12] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[33:14] | Uh, Wendy ran that tooth. | Wendy 查了那口牙 |
[33:15] | Pre-cod is, but DNA confirms that our john doe was native American, | 正往 DNA 数据库上传资料 但 DNA 证实无名男尸确实是土著人 |
[33:19] | so it was one Indian’s burial ground. | 那的确是一个印第安人墓地 |
[33:22] | There was a reporter and | 当时还真个记者 |
[33:24] | I’m pretty sure he was an Indian. | 而且我很肯定是印第安人 |
[33:27] | Lee George. | 他叫 Lee George |
[33:30] | He’d just come back from Vietnam for life magazine | 他那时刚从越南回来 为《生活》杂志工作 |
[33:33] | and he was doing a piece on Vegas. | 当时在写一篇拉斯维加斯的报道 |
[33:36] | Do you remember if he was at the party? | 他在不在派对上 还记得吗? |
[33:38] | Yeah, in this little Indian costume… | 在 穿着那身印第安服 |
[33:43] | bracelets on his biceps, and boy, did he have biceps. | 手臂上缠着饰带 他的肌肉真是结实 |
[33:47] | Trust me. | 我敢说 |
[33:49] | If anybody hurt him, it was Benny Dunbar, Sam’s bodyguard. | 会对他下手的只有 Benny Dunbar Sam 的保镖 |
[33:54] | That lump in his jacket ain’t a heart full of love. | 那个粗人可没什么善心 |
[34:26] | I’ll take that camera, kemosabe. | 把相机交出来 朋友 |
[34:45] | either Benny tossed him or he jumped. | 可能是 Benny 弃尸 也可能是他自己跳下去 |
[34:48] | We’ll never know. | 无从得知 |
[34:51] | This is great stuff for my book. | 我正好可以把这段故事写进书里 |
[34:53] | Your what? | 什么? |
[34:55] | Oh, this little piece on Vegas history… | 我想写拉斯维加斯的过去 |
[34:58] | stories that didn’t make the papers. | 写那些不为人知的故事 |
[35:00] | Honey, if you need to know anything, just ask me. | 亲爱的 你可以尽情向我取材 |
[35:03] | I was there. | 我见证了历史 |
[35:05] | Well, how about if I take you to dinner tonight? | 那么 出去吃顿饭怎么样? |
[35:08] | A bottle and a bird. We’ll talk about the Peking pimp. | 喝点酒 说说那个北京皮条客的事 |
[35:11] | Eddie Chang. | 他叫 Eddie 蒋 |
[35:13] | They shipped him home in pieces. | 尸体被分成几块运回家 |
[35:18] | 20 years ago, verdant glen was far enough outside Vegas | 20年前 翠绿谷 离拉斯维加斯较远 |
[35:20] | to get the right to use well water for drinking. | 获权直接把井水 作为饮用水水源 |
[35:23] | They also got approval to remove wastewater at a private plant. | 还得到许可 在私人工厂集中处理废水 |
[35:26] | There, it was cleaned, creating “grey water” which was used for secondary purposes¡ª | 废水被净化为灰水 再次使用 |
[35:31] | watering lawns, washing cars, everything but drinking. | 可以浇花洗车 但不能喝 |
[35:36] | The treatment plant then stored excess grey water in the reservoir. | 工厂把多余的灰水排入蓄水池 |
[35:40] | Where they let the kids fish and swim. | 小孩就在蓄水池里钓鱼游泳 |
[35:43] | Yeah but it passed every test. | 排出的水已经通过了质量检验 |
[35:46] | And the carp from Paul Cyden’s freezer had high levels of | Paul Cyden 冰箱里的鲤鱼体内 |
[35:48] | estrogen plus other prescription drugs. | 含有大量雌激素和其他处方药 |
[35:51] | Brian’s level and TOX panel correlate to the carp. | Brian 的身体状况和鲤鱼有联系了 |
[35:53] | Cyden was collecting water samples | Cyden 在采集各处的水样 |
[35:55] | from the reservoir, the tap, and the treatment plant. | 蓄水池 自来水 净水工厂等 |
[35:59] | Thanks to Brian. | 多谢 Brian |
[36:00] | According to Cyden’s research, | Cyden 的调查表明 |
[36:02] | the hormone levels in the tap water are early equal to the water in the reservoir. | 自来水中的激素含量 与蓄水池基本相等 |
[36:06] | – I thought they drink ground water. – They do. | – 饮用水不是来自地下水吗 – 是的 |
[36:08] | Cyden was convinced that the ground water was contaminated. | Cyden 相信地下水被污染了 |
[36:11] | How? | 怎么会? |
[36:12] | He discovered that the reservoir was improperly lined, | 他发现蓄水池的设计有误 |
[36:15] | allowing the grey water to leech into the ground water. | 使得灰水渗透进地下水 |
[36:19] | Stokes;well, if that’s the case, then why didn’t the other boys develop breasts? | 那为什么其他男人没有长出胸部? |
[36:23] | There’s a good chance that others have been affected, | 人人都有突变的可能 |
[36:24] | especially children who were born to women | 母亲怀孕期间 |
[36:26] | who were living there while they were pregnant. | 更容易因水质影响胎儿 |
[36:28] | Because the womb is the only place a human lives in fluid… | 因为只有在子宫里 人类能在液体中存活 |
[36:31] | like a fish. | 就像一条鱼 |
[36:34] | That reservoir is supposed to be lined to prevent contamination. | 蓄水池在设计时就应避免污染 |
[36:38] | Obviously, it’s not. | 显然没做到 |
[36:39] | Or the lining’s defective. | 可能是设计出了错 |
[36:41] | Which is the decision I think Cyden had come to right before he was shot. | 我猜 Cyden 被枪杀前得出这个结论 |
[36:45] | You don’t know where he got those samples. | 你根本不知道那些水样是哪儿来的 |
[36:48] | Cyden could have pulled them from raw sewage for all I know. | 没准 Cyden 提取的就是污水 |
[36:51] | And just for the record, that reservoir was built to code. | 而且蓄水池是依法而建 |
[36:53] | You show me one complaint, one documented illness from that water. | 你有本事 给我明确证实水质导致病变的案例 |
[36:57] | What about Brian Towne? | Brian Towne 这个案例怎么样? |
[36:59] | Listen… | 听着 |
[37:01] | it’s a tragedy… | 他的遭遇的确很悲惨 |
[37:03] | but his mother has breast cancer. | 但他的母亲有乳腺癌 |
[37:06] | You don’t think it’s that gene pool that might be polluted? | 难道就不可能是遗传问题吗? |
[37:09] | Let me ask you something. | 我来问你 |
[37:10] | Why did you offer to pay such a big price for Paul Cyden’s house? | 为什么你出那么大一笔钱买 Paul Cyden 的房子? |
[37:13] | He’s a nut. | 他很难缠 |
[37:14] | He was trying to sink me. | 他想诬陷我 |
[37:16] | His research was wrong, but perception is reality these days. | 他的调查是错的 但如今第一印象就是现实 |
[37:20] | I admit it. I was trying to buy him off. | 我承认 我想收买他 |
[37:22] | Would have been money well spent. | 这钱值得花 |
[37:24] | But he turned you down. | 但他拒绝了 |
[37:28] | Is that why you shot him? | 所以你杀了他? |
[37:31] | I mean, with Brian gone, you’re in the clear. | 因为 Brian 已经死了 你没什么顾忌 |
[37:34] | Look, I don’t need a gun;I’ve got lawyers. | 我不需要动刀动枪 我有律师 |
[37:38] | And I would like to speak to them now. | 我现在就想见我的律师 |
[37:42] | Here’s the bullets pulled from Paul Cyden. | 这是 Paul Cyden 体内取出的子弹 |
[37:47] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[37:53] | Well, all three are jacketed hollow points with a center post. | 三枚都是有钢芯的空尖弹 |
[37:57] | Hydra-shok. | 海德拉弹 |
[37:58] | Only one company makes them… federal. | 只有联邦弹药公司生产这种子弹 |
[38:02] | You know what? | 说起来 |
[38:05] | Cath, I found a box of this same ammo in Brian Towne’s bedroom. | 我在 Brian Towne 的卧室里 发现一盒这种子弹 |
[38:10] | Five bullets missing. | 少了五颗 |
[38:22] | Got five lands and grooves, right-hand twist. | 有五道凹槽 右旋 |
[38:26] | Could’ve been fired from a smith and Wesson, Ruger, or a Taurus. | 枪支可能是史密斯威尔森枪 鲁格枪 或者 金牛座手枪 |
[38:32] | Brian bought a Ruger sp 101 revolver two weeks ago. | Brian 两周前 买了一把鲁格 SP 101左轮枪 |
[38:37] | Damn. | 该死 |
[38:38] | The mother had access to that gun and motive. | 母亲既能拿到枪 又有杀人动机 |
[38:43] | I was too busy taking care of me… | 我自己的问题太多了 |
[38:48] | to see what was wrong with him. | 没时间关心他 |
[38:51] | The signs were there. | 明明早就有征兆 |
[38:53] | Mrs. Towne, don’t blame yourself. | Towne 太太 不要自责 |
[38:56] | You had a teenager who was depressed and not communicating | 他还是孩子 本性叛逆 |
[38:59] | and you push too hard and they pull away… | 如果逼太紧 他就会躲开… |
[39:01] | I should have pushed. | 我本该逼一逼他 |
[39:04] | If I had gone through his room before he died… | 如果我以前就去翻他的房间… |
[39:08] | maybe then… | 也许就… |
[39:11] | is that when you found his gun? | 枪是在翻东西时找到的? |
[39:16] | I was trying to understand why. | 我想弄清事情原委 |
[39:21] | I went through his e-mails. | 我查看了他的邮件 |
[39:26] | Paul was taking him to L.A. | Paul 要带他去洛杉矶 |
[39:29] | I trusted him, and all those years that he pretended to be our friend… | 我一直相信他 但这么多年来 他只是假装关心我们 |
[39:39] | he killed my son. | 他杀了我儿子 |
[39:42] | Mrs. Towne… | Towne 太太… |
[39:45] | he was trying to save your son, not hurt him. | 其实 他是想救你儿子 |
[39:49] | We found this letter on Paul’s computer. | 我们找到了这封信 |
[39:51] | You need to read it. | 你该看一看 |
[39:55] | “I have decided to alert you to this grave matter prior to contacting the EPA. | “在通知环保局前 我要先告诉你 |
[40:00] | It is my professional conclusion | 我已正式得出结论 |
[40:02] | that the water in this community | 这个社区的饮用水 |
[40:03] | contains unsafe levels of pharmaceutical contaminants, | 已受到药物污染 |
[40:07] | which have caused irreparable harm to wildlife and humans. | 对环境和人造成了不可逆转的伤害 |
[40:11] | One specific example is the case of Brian Towne. | Brian Towne 就是显著的例子 |
[40:14] | “His endocrine system and physical body “ | 他的身体 还有内分泌系统 |
[40:16] | have been ‘feminized’ due to chronic ingestion of the water at verdant glen. “ | 因长期饮用翠绿谷的水 而出现女性化特征 |
[40:21] | He was going to blow the whistle. | 他正要公布真相 |
[40:24] | I think that’s what | 我想… |
[40:26] | Paul was trying to explain to you when you went over to confront him. | 当你去质问 Paul 时 他正想解释这事 |
[40:35] | I worked two jobs to keep us in our house because… | 我干两份工作来保住翠绿谷的房子 |
[40:41] | because Brian loved it so much. | 因为 Brian 喜欢那里 |
[40:49] | And being there is what killed him. | 结果那地方害死了他 |
[41:00] | The feds have already swooped in to investigate the water problem. | FBI 早就蜂拥而至调查水源 |
[41:03] | Do they plan to prosecute Jonah Quinn? | 他们会起诉 Jonah Quinn 吗? |
[41:05] | They’ll try, but Quinn isn’t the only one involved. | 会 但这件事牵涉面太广 |
[41:07] | Verdant glen is now owned by a conglomerate… | 现在翠绿谷属于一个联合企业 |
[41:10] | the altimera world group. | 阿提美拉环球集团 |
[41:12] | They’ll bring in experts to contradict the research, discredit witnesses. | 他们会请专家对抗调查 妨碍取证 |
[41:16] | They’ll say that there are chemicals in everything that we eat, touch, breathe. | 他们会说任何日常活动 都会让人接触到化学物质 |
[41:20] | It’ll be in litigation for years. | 官司至少要打上好几年 |
[41:23] | What about Brian’s mother? | 还有 Brian 母亲 |
[41:24] | Are you going to prosecute her? | 你会指控她吗? |
[41:26] | Did you recover the murder weapon, | 你们有没有找到凶器? |
[41:29] | find her prints in blood at Cyden’s house, | Cyden 家里有没有 找到她带血迹的指纹? |
[41:34] | or get a signed confession? | 她招供了吗? |
[41:36] | Her son’s gun plus motive… | 她可以使用儿子的枪 又有动机 |
[41:38] | that’s not enough? | 这些还不够? |
[41:40] | She’s a widow with breast cancer who lost her only kid. | 她是寡妇 得了乳腺癌 独子也死了 |
[41:48] | no way I’d get her in front of a jury and ask them to convict. | 我才不会送她上法庭受审判 |
[41:53] | Nice work though. | 不过你们干得不错 |
[41:58] | Lynn Towne goes free. | Lynn Towne 无罪释放 |
[42:00] | It’s all out of our hands now. | 案件不受我们控制 |
[42:03] | That’s not enough for me. | 我不能接受 |
[42:06] | If their lawyers can hog-tie the EPA for years, | 如果集团的律师要缠住环保局 |
[42:09] | someone’s got to go around them. | 不能让他们轻易得逞 |
[42:11] | They’ve got to take Brian’s story and the research to the press. | 应该把 Brian 的事 和这场调查公开给媒体 |
[42:15] | I mean, if… | 要不然… |
[42:16] | if it’s happened here, what’s to say there aren’t other Brains out there? | 如果这里发生这种事 谁能保证没有第二个 Brian 呢? |
[42:19] | You can’t give information about a case to the media. | 你不能向媒体公布案件情况 |
[42:24] | You’ll get fired. | 不然你会被炒鱿鱼 |
[42:28] | As a mother, maybe I don’t care. | 一名母亲不会在乎这个 |