时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:49] | Her name is Penny Garden. | 她叫Penny Garden |
[01:51] | Age 65. | 65岁 |
[01:54] | Retired cocktail waitress. | 以前是个女招待 |
[01:55] | Been living here since the Rat Pack days. | Rat Pack开始游行的时候就住在这里 |
[01:58] | She may have served them drinks. | 说不定 她还给他们倒过酒呢 |
[02:00] | Well, they must have tipped well because | 看来20年前小费给的是不少啊 |
[02:02] | 20 years ago, this was a nice neighborhood. | 这个小区很不错的 |
[02:04] | Anyway, a guy next door | 是旁边的邻居 |
[02:05] | heard a racket, called 911. | 听到了声响 报的警 |
[02:07] | Down the hallway, there’s a spare bedroom. | 走廊下面 还有一间空卧室 |
[02:09] | The bed’s unmade. | 床没有铺过 |
[02:10] | So if the vic had a houseguest, | 如果说是客人住在那屋的话 |
[02:12] | they’re nowhere to be found, so I’m going to dig around. | 现在客人已经找不到了 我去四周问问 很不幸 这些窗户没经过处理 |
[02:19] | Unfortunately, | |
[02:21] | these windows aren’t tempered. | |
[02:23] | Very dangerous if broken. | 如果打碎是很危险的 |
[02:26] | And she went through face first. | 是啊 她用头撞了出去 |
[02:28] | The door’s right here¡ I doubt she missed it. | 门就在这 她是不是没看见啊 |
[02:32] | Maybe she had some help. | 可能是有人推了她 |
[02:35] | God. | 天啊 |
[02:37] | Those coupons on the floor on top of the glass | 这些优惠券是在碎玻璃上的 |
[02:41] | suggests they were scattered | 说明它们是玻璃打碎后散在上面的 |
[02:42] | after the window broke. | |
[02:44] | Maybe they went through the room after they killed her. | 可能是她被杀后 被风吹上去的 |
[02:47] | There’s nothing particularly valuable here. | 这里根本没什么值钱的东西 |
[02:51] | There used to be. | 可能有过 |
[03:32] | Control, Control, this is CSI Sanders. I need some help. | 总台 总台 我是CSI的Sanders 我请求支援 |
[03:35] | Control, go with the information. | 这里是总台 请报告情况 |
[03:36] | Assault in progress. | 袭击事件正在进行 |
[03:37] | How many suspects? Are they armed? | 有多少嫌疑犯 有武器吗 |
[03:39] | Ma’am, please, they gotta get here quicker than this. | 女士 拜托 支援最好快些赶到 |
[03:43] | Ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们 先生们 |
[03:44] | My name is Pete Athens. I am the coroner | 我是Pete Athens 我是Clark郡的验尸官 感谢在座各位能出席此次听证 |
[03:47] | of Clark County; I want to thank you all for being here. | |
[03:49] | Coroner inquests go back to medieval times | 验尸官调查最早可以追溯到中世纪 |
[03:51] | during the reign of Richard I in England. | 英格兰的理查一世统治时期 |
[03:54] | In fact, “coroner” comes from the word “crown.” | 事实是”验尸官”是从”皇冠”一词演变而来 |
[03:57] | A public inquest was one of the crown’s checks and balances | 进行公开的审讯调查 是对郡治安官权力的一种制衡 |
[04:00] | on the powers of the sheriff. | |
[04:02] | And today, a thousand years later, | 如今1000多年以后 |
[04:04] | it serves the same purpose | 此举在我国仍有这样的作用 对权力的制衡 既是对治安官 |
[04:06] | in our county¡ checks and balances on the sheriff | |
[04:11] | and for those who work for him. | 更是对那些为他工作的所有人 |
[04:13] | The Honorable Clayton Trueblood will be our hearing master. | Clayton Trueblood先生是本次听证会的主持 |
[04:15] | He’s not a judge, but he’s going to be more like a, um… | 他并不算是名法官 他更类似于一位 呃… |
[04:19] | a traffic cop, | 交警 |
[04:21] | because an inquest isn’t a trial. | 因为听证并不能算是审判 |
[04:24] | We’re going to examine the death of Demetrius James. | 我们要调查的是Demetrius James死亡这一事实 |
[04:27] | The assistant district attorney | 助理地方检察官Valerie Nichols 将提呈案件所有证据 |
[04:29] | Valerie Nichols will present the facts in the case, | |
[04:32] | introduce the witnesses and ask them questions. | 介绍各位证人 并向他们提问 |
[04:35] | Any member of the jury may also ask questions, | 陪审团成员也可以提问 |
[04:38] | either orally or in writing. | 口头或者通过写字条 |
[04:40] | I understand that there are | 我很理解 死者的家属 今天也来到了法庭 |
[04:43] | family members of the deceased present. | |
[04:55] | I’m very sorry for your loss, and I want you to know | 对你们亲人的离去我表示遗憾 既然你们被称为”相关方” |
[05:00] | that as what the state calls “interested parties,” | |
[05:02] | you may ask questions, too. | 你们也可以提问 |
[05:03] | When all the facts have been presented, the jury will then | 当所有证据提呈完毕 陪审团将做出决定 死者的死因是正当的 |
[05:07] | rule the death in question as either justifiable, | |
[05:11] | excusable or criminal. | 是情有可原的 还是犯罪行为 |
[05:15] | Cut’s pretty deep. | 伤口很深 |
[05:17] | Let’s try and keep her head on while we move her. | 移动的时候 尽量保持头抬着 |
[05:19] | On three: One, two, three. | 我数3下 1 2 3 |
[05:36] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[05:37] | Grissom said you could use some help. | Grissom说你们需要些人手 |
[05:40] | What haven’t you done? | 还有哪些事没做 |
[05:42] | The rest of the house. | 整个房子 |
[06:39] | Hope I die before I get old. | 但愿我去世时候 不会老成这样 |
[06:43] | Man, I was just lampin’ in the crib with my boys | 我跟我兄弟在后院聚餐呢 |
[06:45] | when all of a sudden, psssh. | 突然 嗖 |
[06:47] | I thought someone was breaking in next door. | 我以为有人冲进邻居家抢劫呢 |
[06:49] | Took a look over the fence, old Penny was breaking out. | 从栅栏那看过去 原来是老Penny冲出来了 |
[06:52] | Did you hear anything? Any voices, yelling, screaming? | 还听到别的什么吗 叫喊声 尖叫声 |
[06:56] | Mm-mm. I don’t even think Mrs. Penny could scream. | 嗯 我想Penny夫人应该叫不出什么声吧 |
[06:59] | She had, like, a real low, raspy voice. | 她发出的 很低的 但有些刺耳的声音 |
[07:01] | Yeah. Well, you think that’s sexy? | 你觉得那声音很性感吧 |
[07:04] | Is that the way you roll? | 让你能High起来 |
[07:06] | Huh? | 呃 |
[07:07] | All right, I’ll take that | 好吧 就当你否认了 |
[07:08] | for a “no.” You see anybody leave the house? | 看到有人离开那所房子么 |
[07:10] | No, sir. Not last night. | 没有 长官 昨晚没有 |
[07:12] | Who’s she got staying with her? | 那她和谁住在一起 |
[07:14] | Don’t know his name, but I seen him | 不知道叫什么 但见过 |
[07:15] | always going in and out of there. | 总是进进出出的 |
[07:17] | Describe him. | 描述一下 |
[07:18] | White dude. Skinny. | 白人 很瘦 |
[07:19] | Always wears jeans and white tees. | 总是穿着牛仔裤 白T恤 |
[07:23] | Man. | |
[07:27] | I liked that old lady. | 我挺喜欢那老太太的 |
[07:28] | She made some good victuals | 她做东西很好吃 |
[07:30] | and always had an extra stogie if was out. | 而且出门总穿那些老款的长靴 |
[07:32] | This is my card. | 这是我名片 |
[07:33] | If you see that white skinny guy, give me | 如果你再见到那个瘦瘦的白人 |
[07:36] | a call, will you? Yeah. | -给我打电话 好吗 -好的 -好吗 -好的 你问过那家人了么 |
[07:37] | All right? Yeah. | |
[07:43] | You talk to that guy in that house? | |
[07:47] | Been there twice. Still nobody home. | 去两次了 没人在家 |
[07:49] | Put someone on his doorstep until he shows. | 派个人在他家门前等着 |
[07:52] | He’s got security cameras. I want the video. | 他装了摄像头 我要那盘带子 第一次袭击发生在午夜 |
[07:54] | The first attack that night | |
[07:56] | occurred just after midnight, | |
[07:58] | in the employee parking structure at the Golden | 在Golden Sapphire酒店的员工停车场里 |
[08:00] | Sapphire Hotel. | |
[08:02] | A group of youths ranging from teens to early 20s | 一群十几到二十几岁的年轻人袭击了Vasco Ruiz |
[08:05] | attacked Vasco Ruiz, | |
[08:07] | a hotel dishwasher on his way to his car. | 他是酒店的刷碗工 正去开车 |
[08:10] | He was apparently selected at random. | 他是随意挑选的受害者 |
[08:19] | Mr. Ruiz was found dead at the scene. | Ruiz先生当场死亡 |
[08:22] | And what was the mob’s next move? | 那些暴徒第二次动手呢 |
[08:25] | Approximately 30 minutes after the first attack, | 第一次袭击后大约30分钟 |
[08:28] | not far away, at the Holiday Motel, | 离得不远 在假日汽车旅馆 |
[08:31] | they attacked their next victim, Jessica Hershbaum. | 他们又袭击了第二个受害人 |
[08:34] | Stop it! Stop it! | 住手 别打了 |
[08:37] | Now, Miss Hershbaum survived. | Hershbaum女士活下来了 |
[08:40] | She’s alive. | 她是活下来了 |
[08:42] | But she has physical and emotional scars from the attack | 可她身体上和精神上的伤害 是无法痊愈了 |
[08:46] | that she may never recover from. | |
[08:50] | So when Mr. Sanders was coming to your crime scene, | Sanders先生在到达你那个现场的时候 |
[08:52] | would he have known about these first two swarming attacks? | 对前两起袭击有所了解么 |
[08:55] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[08:56] | CSI was still processing those crime scenes, | CSI当时正在处理前两个现场 |
[08:59] | and then I heard on my radio about another attack¡ | 后来我收到另一个袭击的求援呼叫… |
[09:01] | the third that night¡ | 是当晚的第三个… |
[09:03] | and that a CSI was one of the victims. | 而且一位CSI人员也成了受害者 |
[09:06] | Is this the location of the third swarming attack? | 这里是第三次袭击的地点么 |
[09:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:10] | I drove over there immediately. | 我马上开车赶过去 |
[09:12] | And what did you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[09:13] | Three men, all seriously injured. | 三个男性 都受到重伤 |
[09:17] | Stanley Tanner was unconscious, as was Demetrius James. | Stanley Tanner已经没有知觉 Demetrius James也是 |
[09:21] | and CSI Sanders | 还有CSI人员Sanders |
[09:23] | The mob had pulled | 那些流氓把CSI的Sanders拉下车 痛打了他 |
[09:24] | CSI Sanders from his vehicle and beaten him. | |
[09:28] | But it was his intervention that saved Stanley Tanner’s life. | 但正是他的介入 才救了Stanley Tanner的性命 |
[09:42] | While I appreciate your participation | 很感谢你的参与 |
[09:45] | in the process here, | |
[09:46] | I don’t find this question relevant. | 我认为这个问题无关 |
[09:48] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 打扰一下 法官大人 |
[09:49] | a question’s quite relevant. | 此问题还是相当有关的 |
[09:50] | Are we just going through the motions here, | 难道我们只是在这走走形式 |
[09:52] | so it looks like someone actually asked | 看上去好像确实问过问题了么 到底让黑人孩子上街 安不安全 |
[09:53] | whether or not it’s okay to run over | |
[09:55] | black kids in the street? | |
[09:56] | Sir, Do you have a question? | 先生 你到底有什么问题 |
[09:59] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[10:00] | Are you also going to be censoring verbal questions? | 你是不是连口头问题都要回避 |
[10:02] | Relevance is at my discretion here. | 有关联与否 由我决定 |
[10:06] | Now, please take your seat. | 现在 请你就坐 |
[10:21] | Multiple lacerations on face, neck | 面部 颈部 肩部有多处划伤 …如果不是我用钳子夹出那么多碎玻璃 |
[10:23] | shoulders¡ if it weren’t for the couple dozen glass fragments | |
[10:27] | I tweezed out, I’d say somebody | 我还真以为谁用一排剃刀对她下的手 |
[10:28] | went to town on her with a straight razor. | |
[10:31] | C.O.D. is exsanguination due to sharp force injury | 死因是利器伤引起的失血过多 |
[10:34] | to the jugular-carotid complex, | 割破了颈动脉 |
[10:36] | but she was already on her way out. | 但是 她确实也没多久可活了 |
[10:39] | Cannonballs of tumors on her lungs. | 她肺部的肿瘤已经像炮弹那么大了 |
[10:43] | Man… her cancer had cancer. | 天啊…肿瘤上长肿瘤 |
[10:45] | I guess she ked smoking more thaliving, huh? | 我看宁愿死掉 也不肯戒烟 呃 |
[10:47] | Or else she wanted to die with a cigarette in her mouth. | 也可能 她是想死时候嘴里都叼着烟 |
[10:50] | You know, Catherine found antidepressants, laxatives, | Catherine发现很多抗抑郁的药 |
[10:54] | acid-reflux meds in her house, | 还有缓解压力的 止胃酸的药 |
[10:56] | but I don’t think she found anything for pain. | 但她好像没找到止痛的药 |
[10:59] | I guarantee you, this lady was in pain. | 不 这位女士忍受的不是一般的疼痛 |
[11:01] | She must have been taking something for it. | 所以 她肯定是要服用镇疼的药品的 |
[11:03] | Maybe the killer took it with him. | 可能是凶手拿走了 |
[11:06] | Well, there’s a big market for that stuff now. | 因为有很多需要这种药的人 |
[11:09] | I’ll get her medical records. | 我去查下她的医疗记录 |
[11:32] | Did you find something? | 你发现了什么 |
[11:34] | Bloody glass. | 带血的碎玻璃 |
[11:39] | The killer on his way out? | 是凶手带出去的 |
[12:27] | You can’t keep me out of there! | 你不能带我走 |
[12:28] | This is where I live, man! | 我住在这 先生 |
[12:30] | Sorry, son. This is a crime scene. | 抱歉 这里是犯罪现场 |
[12:31] | You don’t want to be in there. | 你不能进去 |
[12:32] | Look, I just want to see | 嘿 我只是想看看我Penny姑妈 |
[12:33] | my Auntie Penny. Where is she? Calm… calm down. | -她在哪 -冷…冷静 |
[12:36] | I don’t want to calm down! | 我不想冷静 |
[12:37] | Do you live here? | 你住在这么 |
[12:38] | Yeah, that’s what I was just telling this guy. | 是的 我正在跟这位老兄讲 |
[12:39] | What’s going on? What’s your name? | -出了什么事 -你叫什么 |
[12:41] | Henry Briney Henry. Henry Briney. | |
[12:43] | Henry, I’m going to need you | Henry 你得去一下警察局 |
[12:44] | to come down to the police station, | |
[12:46] | give us a statement. | 去做个笔录 |
[12:47] | For what? | 为什么 |
[12:48] | Um… | 呃… |
[12:50] | Sorry to tell you, but your aunt is dead. | 很抱歉地告诉你 你姑妈已经死了 |
[12:56] | Mr. Tanner, can you tell us what injuries you sustained | Tanner先生 你能否将那次受袭所受的伤 |
[12:59] | as a result of the attack? | 向我们陈述一下 |
[13:00] | Cuts, some of them pretty bad, mostly on my face. | 划伤 有一些很严重 大部分都在脸上 |
[13:05] | Broke left arm, crushed windpipe, | 右臂骨折 气管被打坏了 |
[13:08] | one eye socket cracked, broke right ankle. | 一个眼眶被打碎 右踝骨折 |
[13:13] | And I got this headache | 而且还有头痛 |
[13:15] | they tell me might be permanent. | 大夫说是无法根治的 |
[13:17] | Would it be correct to say | 我是否可以这样理解 |
[13:18] | that while you were being attacked, | 当你受到袭击的时候 |
[13:19] | you felt like your life was in danger? | 你认为 他们是想取你性命的 |
[13:21] | Hell, yeah. | 天呐 当然了 |
[13:23] | I have a question. | 我有问题 |
[13:25] | Go ahead. | 请讲 |
[13:26] | Did you actually see | 你真的亲眼见到 |
[13:27] | Demetrius James attacking you? | Demetrius James动手袭击了你 |
[13:30] | I couldn’t tell who was who. | 我看不清谁是谁 |
[13:32] | I mean, hell, my hands were on my face. | 我意思是 天呐 我一直在用手捂着脸 |
[13:34] | I was just trying to stay alive. | 我只是想保住我的命 |
[13:37] | If Mr. Sanders hadn’t shown up just then, | 如果不是Sanders先生赶到 |
[13:40] | I’d have been like that first guy¡ dead. | 我就会跟第一个家伙一样…死掉 |
[13:43] | There was a large laceration | 在Demetrius James的头部 |
[13:45] | where Demetrius James’ head hit the ground when he fell. | 有一处很大的伤口 是撞到地上形成的 |
[13:48] | Underlying that wound was a fracture | 在那伤口下 有一处枕骨骨折 |
[13:51] | of the occipital bone, which crosses | |
[13:53] | at the base of the skull. | 整个骨折断开了头骨底部 |
[13:54] | The motion of the impact | 是冲击力使大脑撞到了颇内的突出骨 |
[13:57] | caused the brain to collide with the bony | |
[13:58] | protrusions inside the skull, | |
[14:01] | resulting in what we call contra-coup contusions. | 导致了我们常说的反向挫伤 |
[14:04] | There was also prominent cerebral edema¡ or swelling¡ | 而且有很明显的脑部水肿…或者说脑积水… |
[14:07] | as well as hemorrhages of the brain stem. | 以及脑干细胞的大出血 |
[14:10] | So your official cause of death was…? | 所以 官方认定的死因是… |
[14:13] | Blunt force trauma to the head | 机动车撞击后引起的钝器头部损伤 |
[14:15] | following a motor vehicle collision. | |
[14:17] | So this was a death at the hands of another? | 所以 这起死亡的死因是由另外一方造成的 |
[14:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:21] | And what do you call that kind of death? | 那你如何定义这种死亡呢 |
[14:25] | A homicide. | 他杀 |
[14:33] | So where did you go last night? | 那你昨晚去哪了 |
[14:36] | Movies. | 去看电影 |
[14:38] | Oh, a ticket stub. That’s good. | 这有票根 不错 |
[14:40] | Who’d you go with? You went by yourself? | 你跟谁去的 你自己去的 |
[14:42] | Who else would I go with? | 我还能跟谁去 |
[14:44] | I don’t know. A friend? | 不知道 跟朋友 |
[14:45] | No. I don’t have friends. | 不 我没有朋友 好吧 看完电影 |
[14:47] | Okay, so the movie ended. | |
[14:50] | You’re all by yourself, then what? | 你都是一个人 然后呢 |
[14:52] | I sat in the keno lounge all night, | 我在赌场的长椅上坐了一晚上 |
[14:54] | hit the grocery store, and then came home to cops. | 去了杂货店 然后回家 碰到警察 |
[14:56] | Why are you staying at your Aunt Penny’s? | 你为什么住在你Penny姑妈家 |
[14:58] | Because my parents threw me out. | 因为我父母把我赶出来了 |
[15:01] | Why would they do that? | 他们为什么赶你出来 |
[15:04] | Because they don’t like me. | 因为他们不喜欢我 |
[15:06] | Let me see your arms. | 我看看你的手臂 |
[15:11] | Are you booting that good “doodgie”? | 你是不是在注射毒品 |
[15:14] | You ever use intravenous drugs? | 你是不是用过静脉注射的药品 |
[15:16] | Not anymore, but I did for a while. | 现在不用了 但以前用过 |
[15:19] | You know, your Aunt Penny had some scrips | 你Penny姑妈有一些处方药 |
[15:21] | for some pain medication¡ oxycontin, | 用来止疼的…Oxycontin |
[15:24] | fentanyl, methadone. | |
[15:25] | When we searched her house, | 我们在检查房子的时候 |
[15:26] | we didn’t find any. | 没有找到 |
[15:28] | Did you take them? | 是不是你拿的 |
[15:29] | No, I didn’t take them. | 不 我没拿过 |
[15:31] | She must have taken them. | 一定是她自己吃掉了 |
[15:32] | I don’t touch them. | 我不碰那些东西 |
[15:33] | I just got out of rehab. | 我刚刚戒完毒 |
[15:35] | Haven’t touched a pill, line or needle | 没碰过一片药 止血带 针 |
[15:38] | in six months. | 已经有半年了 |
[15:41] | My parents threw me out, and she took me in. | 我父母不要我了 她收留了我 |
[15:44] | I would not screw her over. | 我不会让她失望的 |
[15:46] | We’re going to need to take your clothes and your shoes. | 我们得检查你的衣服和鞋 |
[16:03] | Any luck? | 发现什么 |
[16:04] | No. | 没有 |
[16:05] | No blood on the nephew’s shoes or clothes. | 他侄子的鞋和衣服上没有血迹 |
[16:08] | Drug panel on his urine came back negative. | 他尿检也是阴性的 |
[16:10] | He’s clean. | 他是无辜的 |
[16:11] | What about Auntie Penny? | 那Penny姑妈呢 |
[16:13] | No pain meds in her system either. | 体内也没有镇疼药 |
[16:15] | We’ve got a lot of serious drugs | 但发现其它一些很强的药量 |
[16:17] | that are unaccounted for. | 都是些不明的 |
[16:21] | These glass fragments | 这些碎玻璃 |
[16:22] | are from the mob breaking out the windows | 正是暴徒打碎的 CSI人员Sanders Denali的车玻璃 |
[16:24] | of CSI Sanders’ Denali. | |
[16:26] | That’s how they dragged him out. | 他们然后就把他拖出来了 |
[16:30] | This is a clump of his hair, | 这是他的头发 |
[16:33] | torn from his scalp. | 从头皮上被扯下来的 这块石头 |
[16:37] | And that’s the rock | |
[16:39] | Demetrius James used as a weapon. | Demetrius James的武器 是谁的证词 我们这是第一次听到 Demetrius James是有武器的 |
[16:41] | Accoing to who? | |
[16:44] | This is the first we’ve even | |
[16:46] | heard that Demetrius James had a weapon. | |
[16:48] | In his report, Mr. Sanders testified to that fact. | 在Sanders的报告中已经证实 |
[16:51] | The rock was found at the scene. | 我们在现场发现了这块石头 |
[16:52] | How do we know the cops didn’t plant it there? | 我们怎么确定这不是警察后放在现场的 |
[16:55] | Sir, I’ve warned you. | 先生 我已经警告过你 |
[16:57] | I’d like to answer that question. | 我想回答一下这个问题 |
[16:58] | Usually, when someone plants | 一般来讲 如果想故意放置一个凶器 |
[17:01] | a weapon, whoever did it puts it right beside | 不论是谁 都会放在尸体的旁边 |
[17:03] | the body¡ in this case, | …但是在此案中 |
[17:04] | the rock was found near the front tire of the Denali. | 我们是在Denali的前轮处找到的 |
[17:06] | Skid marks suggest it was dropped upon impact. | 刹车痕也表示 是受击落下的 |
[17:09] | A rock against two tons of steel. | 一块石头 对付两吨重的钢铁(指警车) |
[17:12] | No. More like | 不 应该说是 |
[17:13] | one man against an extremely violent, out of control mob. | 一个人对付一个极度暴力且失去控制力的暴徒 |
[17:17] | What’s department policy in a situation like that? | 在这些情形下 你们部门的政策是什么 |
[17:21] | It has always been | 我们的政策始终都是 |
[17:22] | partment policy not to harm innocent civilians. | 不可以伤害无辜的平民 |
[17:25] | You call for backup, you try to be a good witness, | 请求支援 做一位详尽报告实情的证人 |
[17:29] | and you stay out of the way. | 然后不要介入其中 |
[17:30] | So what makes it okay to start running over people? | 那什么政策允许可以开车撞人 |
[17:34] | Well, when those people are wearing masks, | 当那些人带着面具 |
[17:36] | running around beating people up. | 开始到处袭击平民 |
[17:37] | Man, D.J. was going to a costume party. | D.J.是去参加一个化妆聚会 |
[17:39] | One victim was dead. | 一位伤者已经死了 |
[17:41] | Another was seriously injured. | 另一个受重伤 |
[17:43] | Another fatality imminent. | 还有一位 受到致命威胁 |
[17:46] | I’d say the use of deadly force in this case | 在此种情况下 使用武力 |
[17:48] | was consistent with department policy, | 是合乎部门政策的 |
[17:50] | absolutely. | 绝无差错 |
[17:51] | Demetrius James was going | Demetrius James是打算用那块石头 |
[17:53] | to finish off the victim with the rock. | 来结果受害人的性命 |
[17:55] | You’re a liar! My brother wasn’t a killer! | -你撒谎 -我哥哥不是凶手 |
[17:58] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[17:59] | Demetrius was going to college Mrs. James. | -Demetrius就要上大学了 -James夫人 |
[18:01] | He had a 3.6 GPA. | 他的平均成绩是3.6 |
[18:04] | We are all very sorry for your loss, | 我们对你的损失都感到可惜 但是你现在并不是证人 |
[18:05] | but you are not a witness here. | |
[18:06] | You didn’t know him! | -你不了解他 -他有美好的未来 |
[18:08] | I do! We knew him! | 我了解 我们了解他 法官 我们能不能维持一下法庭秩序 |
[18:09] | Judge, can we have some order here? | |
[18:12] | You didn’t run over a mob, | 怎么可以开车撞人 |
[18:13] | you ran over one boy! | 你撞了一个男孩 |
[18:15] | My boy! | 我的儿子 |
[18:22] | Judge? | 法官 |
[18:24] | Mrs. James’ comments give context | James夫人的陈述对于当晚的事件 |
[18:26] | to the events of the night in question. | 可算是背景介绍 我想听听她要说些什么 |
[18:28] | I’d like to hear what she has to say. | |
[18:33] | Why is Trueblood letting her do this? | 为什么Trueblood让她说 |
[18:36] | It’s probably good for his campaign. | 对他的竞选可能有益 |
[18:38] | He’s running for Assembly. | 他正在竞选入立法会 |
[18:40] | Now you tell me. | 你现在才告诉我 |
[18:44] | Got your page. | 收到你的呼叫了 |
[18:46] | Surveillance footage | 邻居家那个摄像头 |
[18:47] | from the neighborhood watch guy across the street. | 录到了街对面那家伙 |
[18:49] | Yeah, he was paranoid, but lazy. | 他是有点神经质 但很懒 |
[18:53] | Had four security cameras on his house, | 他家有四个摄像头 |
[18:54] | three of them were cardboard boxes. | 其中三个都是纸壳做的 |
[18:56] | Homemade security is the worst. | 自制的保安设备真是差 |
[18:58] | Okay, so the nephew comes in and out of the house | 那位侄子从房子里出出进进了好几次 |
[19:01] | a couple times during the day. | |
[19:03] | It’s a whole different story next door. | 旁边那家 就不一样了 |
[19:08] | Okay, this guy | 看 这位 |
[19:10] | comes out of the house and meets with a different car | 每小时至少要出来三次 |
[19:13] | at least three times and hour. | 和不同的车上的人碰面 |
[19:16] | He’s slinging drugs. | 他在卖毒品 |
[19:19] | I found these in your house. | 在你家里发现了这个 |
[19:20] | The white one is carisoprodol. | 白色的是Carisoprodol |
[19:22] | It’s a muscle relaxant. | 是放松肌肉的 |
[19:24] | Yeah, I strained my pecs bench pressing. | 我在健身时候 拉伤了胸肌 |
[19:26] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[19:27] | And the blue one is Prevalis. | 这个蓝的是Prevalis |
[19:29] | You look a little young to need that. | 你吃这个 岁数有点大吧 |
[19:32] | Well, I’ve had my share of women. | 我的女性朋友还是不少的 |
[19:34] | Mr. Johnson’s gotten bored over the years, so? | Johnson先生这些年觉得寂寞难耐 |
[19:37] | Well, he’s going to get really bored in prison. | 那看来 他在要监狱里好好忍受一下了 |
[19:39] | You hope. | 如你所愿 |
[19:40] | What, you gonna bust me for selling Prevalis? | 怎么 难道我卖Prevalis 你要抓我么 |
[19:42] | Well, you think a guy in my job doesn’t know | 你觉得 在我这个位子干的人 |
[19:43] | what goes on in the clubs and in the street? | 会不了解酒吧 街上那些东西么 |
[19:45] | You ever hear of a Las Vegas Cocktail. | 听说过Las Vegas鸡尾酒么 |
[19:46] | I don’t drink. | 我不喝酒 |
[19:48] | It’s a combination of carisoprodol, | 是把Carisoprodol Prevalis和很强效的 镇痛药Fentanyl混在一起 |
[19:51] | Prevalis and very strong painkiller called fentanyl. | |
[19:54] | Problem is, fentanyl’s hard to get. | 但是Fentanyl不容易搞到 |
[19:56] | I mean, doctors don’t just give it away, | 在医生那不容易开出来 |
[19:57] | you got to be in really serious pain to get it, | 除非你需要控制很严重的疼痛 才可以吃 |
[20:00] | like dying of cancer. | 比如说 受到癌症困扰 |
[20:02] | On the street it’s called “perc-a-pop”. | 道上都叫它”perc-a-pop” |
[20:04] | Now, Penny Garden was prescribed 40 a month. | Penny Garden每个月可以开出40粒 |
[20:08] | Problem is, we couldn’t find any in her house. | 可是在她家里 一粒都找不到 |
[20:10] | So what, you think I stole them? | 那你以为是我偷的吗 |
[20:12] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 |
[20:14] | Where are the pops, old lady? | 药呢 老太太 |
[20:16] | Get out of my house. | 滚出去 |
[20:17] | Where are they? | 放在哪了 |
[20:19] | I’ll call the police. | 我要报警了 |
[20:20] | No you won’t. | 不可能了 |
[20:24] | Never. | 不 |
[20:25] | Never, never, never. | 不 不 不 |
[20:26] | Look, I told you, I liked the lady. | 我告诉过你 我喜欢那位老太太 |
[20:28] | She made me dinner. She lent me smokes, man. | 她给我做好吃的 给我烟抽 |
[20:31] | You liked her ’cause she had what you needed. | 你喜欢她 因为她有你需要的东西 |
[20:32] | No, man. No way. | 不 不是这样的 |
[20:34] | Hey, I need a lawyer in here. | 嘿 我要找个律师 |
[20:36] | So we have a drug dealer and a former drug user, | 所以 现在有个贩毒的和前吸毒者 |
[20:39] | both of which wod have motive to steal Penny’s drugs. | 两者都有偷Penny药的动机 |
[20:41] | Well, there wasn’t any trace of fentanyl | 但是侄子体内没有Fentanyl的痕迹 |
[20:43] | in the nephew’s system. | |
[20:44] | He’s broke, he’s unemployed, | 他已经没钱了 没工作 |
[20:45] | maybe he’s stealing them Penny | 可能是他偷Penny的 |
[20:47] | so he can sell them to the neighbor. | 这样就可以卖给邻居那位 |
[20:48] | If that’s the case, it’s motive for both. | 如果这样的话 两者都有动机 |
[20:50] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[20:52] | Hi, Henry. | 嗨 Henry |
[20:54] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[20:55] | Um… I just found this | 呃…我在走廊里找到的 …打开看了一下 |
[20:58] | on my porch¡ I opened it | |
[20:59] | and thought I should bring it down to you guys. | 我想还是拿给你们比较好 |
[21:01] | It’s… pretty creepy. | 因为…有点吓人 |
[21:39] | If one was horrifying… | 如果一个是吓人 |
[21:43] | …what is two? | 两个算什么 很可能是连环杀手 我得说这让那个外甥和邻居摆脱嫌疑了 |
[21:45] | Possible serial killer. | |
[21:48] | I’d say that it takes the nephew and the neighbor off the hook. | |
[21:52] | I doubt either one of them | 话说回来 我看他们俩都不像有钱做微缩模型的人 |
[21:53] | could afford a mini-contractor, anyway. | |
[22:08] | A bloody doll. | 一个流血的娃娃 和另一个模型里的很像 仔细看这娃娃前额的血迹 |
[22:10] | Similar to the one in the other miniature. | |
[22:17] | Look at the blood on the doll’s forehead. | |
[22:20] | Same pattern on both. | 两个上面的形状是相同的 |
[22:22] | Could be two different views of the same subject. | 可能是同一物体的两种不同角度 可能是个签名 |
[22:26] | Maybe it’s a signature. | |
[22:28] | Yeah, but we have no context. | 是啊 但我们不知道整体是什么 |
[22:29] | It could mean or represent just about anything. | 可以代表或象征很多意思 好吧… |
[22:31] | Okay… | |
[22:33] | again, the miniature suggests that the killer | 同样呢 这个模型说明了凶手 |
[22:37] | had intimate familiarity | 与受害人很亲近 对于她的家和生活习惯都很熟悉 那么他们的共同之处是什么呢 Izzy Delancy 50岁 白人男性 |
[22:39] | with victim, home and habits. | |
[22:42] | So what do they have in common? | |
[22:46] | Izzy Delancy, 50-year-old white male, | |
[22:50] | washed-up rock star. | 过气摇滚明星 Penny Garden 癌症患者 退休在家 |
[22:52] | Penny Garden, cancer-stricken retiree. | |
[22:56] | Different friends, different family, | 朋友不同 家庭不同 |
[22:58] | different social circles. | 社交圈也不同 |
[22:59] | Why wasn’t this one left at the crime scene like that one? | 这个模型怎么没像那个一样留在现场呢 |
[23:15] | Marla and Aaron James are not sworn witnesses. | Marla和Aaron James都不是宣过誓的证人 如果是的话 他们在法庭上的证词是不可取的 因为他们和死者有亲属关系 无法给出有效的证词 |
[23:19] | If they were, they couldn’t be in the courtroom | |
[23:22] | during testimony and that would effectively take away their rights | |
[23:25] | as interested parties to question witnesses. | |
[23:28] | So please try to remember that their remarks | 所以请记得他们的话 |
[23:31] | are not evidence. | 并非是证词 请讲 我的儿子们从小就没有爸爸 |
[23:32] | Go ahead. | |
[23:37] | My sons didn’t grow up with a father. | |
[23:42] | Barely had a mother… | 都不能算有个妈妈… 因为我总是在工作 他们总是有麻烦 |
[23:44] | ount of me working all the time. | |
[23:47] | They got into trouble. | |
[23:50] | Mostly ’cause of where we live. | 大多是因为我们生活的地方 |
[23:51] | Aaron here, he got into a whole lot of trouble. | Aaron 他的麻烦总是没完没了 |
[23:54] | And I did my time, too. | 我也坐过牢 |
[23:56] | I did my time, but that wasn’t D.J. | 我坐过 但不是D.J. 他帮我重新做人 辅导我的GED考试 |
[24:00] | He was helping me turn my life around. | |
[24:02] | Coached me on my GED. | |
[24:06] | Made me feel like there was a chance for me, you know. | 让我觉得自己还是有机会的 你懂吗 伙计 你杀我哥时 你不知道自己害死了怎样一个人 死者母亲的一番证词 无不令在场的人为之动容 作为Demitrius James的母亲 法庭向其询问其儿子的行为… 嘿 Nichols是对的 |
[24:11] | Man, you have no idea what you killed | |
[24:14] | when you killed my brother. | |
[24:19] | Everyone was moved by the compelling testimony… | |
[24:21] | …of the victim’s mother… | |
[24:23] | instead in was the mother, of Demitrius James | |
[24:25] | that had the courtroom asking did her her son behave… | |
[24:28] | Hey. | |
[24:29] | Nichols was right. | |
[24:31] | This isn’t a trial, it’s a circus. | 这不是什么审判 这是杂耍 |
[24:33] | Yeah, I heard. Starring the mother. | 是啊 我听说了 瞧瞧那位妈妈 |
[24:41] | I feel like I should say something. | 我觉得我该说些什么 |
[24:44] | Like what? | 比如 |
[24:45] | I don’t know. Sorry? | -我不知道 -抱歉吗 一个家伙把一个男人打死 而且打算也这么对付你 你还想向他的妈妈道歉 |
[24:47] | You going to apologize to the mother of a guy | |
[24:51] | who beat one man to death | |
[24:52] | and was trying to do the same to you? | |
[24:54] | That’s as good as saying you’re guilty | 这无疑等于承认你自己有罪 |
[24:55] | and setting yourself up for one hell of a civil suit besides. | 而且还让你自己成为了民事诉讼的被告 你没做错任何事 我只是想不再失眠而已 我们每天都将自己处于危险境地 |
[24:58] | You did nothing wrong. | |
[25:00] | I just want to be able to sleep again. | |
[25:03] | We put ourselves in harm’s way every single day | |
[25:06] | and sometimes, we pay one hell of a price for surviving it. | 有时为了活下去我们要付出惨痛代价 别人永远不会理解 |
[25:09] | Other people will never derstand that. | |
[25:14] | No way D.J. was a violent person. | D.J不可能是个暴力的人 我儿子不是杀人犯 |
[25:16] | My son is not a killer. | |
[25:19] | He was trying to stop that killing. | 他是想阻止那次谋杀 -嘿 -嘿 进行得怎样 我不知道 -真的吗 -嗯 |
[26:35] | Hey. | Hey. |
[26:38] | How’d it go in there? | |
[26:39] | I don’t know. | |
[26:41] | Really? Yeah. | |
[26:46] | You know, I know it was a hardcore situation that Greg ran up on, | 你知道 我了解Greg所面对的困难局面 |
[26:49] | but you think it ever would have occurred to him | 但你觉得形势会出现逆转 |
[26:51] | to just put it in reverse and get the hell out of there? | 让他摆脱现在的处境吗 那不是问题 陪审团想知道的是Greg |
[26:52] | Well, that’s not the question. | |
[26:55] | What a jury wants to know is did Greg do | |
[26:58] | what any reasonable person would have done | 在那种情况下的反应是否像任何一个正常人 我知道Greg当时一定吓坏了 伙计 我们怎么能帮他 我们让陪审团亲临”现场” 好吧 Denali车上的黑匣子显示 在撞击前只有5秒的反应时间 现在 Greg的脚放在刹车上 他用了不到两秒钟加速 根据加速的滑动痕迹 从那边到这边 D.J.向他冲来 想要试试吗 -也加速冲过来 -好的 |
[26:59] | under the circumstances. | |
[27:01] | I know Greg must have been scared as hell, man. | |
[27:04] | What can we do to help him? | |
[27:06] | We’ll put the jury behind the wheel of the car. | |
[28:01] | All right, the Denali’s | |
[28:02] | black box reports only five seconds before impact. | |
[28:07] | Now, Greg was idling with his foot on the brake. | |
[28:11] | And then he accelerated for no more than two seconds. | |
[28:14] | cording to the the front end went acceleration skid marks, | |
[28:18] | from there to there with D.J. coming at him. | |
[28:23] | Want to give it a go? | |
[28:25] | Take it for a spin? Yeah. | |
[28:41] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[28:42] | Ready. | 好了 |
[28:43] | Go. | 出发 停车 那孩子跑向他的这段时间里 |
[28:45] | Stop. | |
[28:54] | With this kid running at him the whole time, | |
[28:56] | there’s no way Greg could have avoided hitting him. | Greg根本无法避免撞到他 你觉得陪审团也能明白这一点吗 觉得自己在你那辆SUV里就很强悍了 是吧 问你话呢 凶手 借过一下 |
[28:58] | You think a jury will see it that way? | |
[29:20] | How tough you feel when you’re not in your big SUV, huh? | |
[29:26] | I asked you a question, killer. | |
[29:39] | Excuse me. | |
[29:54] | In the course now pending before this court, | 在法庭审理期间 |
[29:57] | do you swear to tell the truth, | 你是否发誓你所提供的证词 均为事实及事实之全部 绝无虚假 |
[29:58] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth? | |
[30:01] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[30:02] | Be seated. | 请坐 |
[30:04] | All right, let’s take a look | 好了 我们来看一下 |
[30:05] | at the official transcript of your call for backup. | 你请求支援时的官方记录 1点54分21秒 调度中心回复 |
[30:08] | 01:54 and 21 seconds, Dispatch Control answers. | |
[30:13] | Would you please read your response. | 请你念一下你的呼叫 |
[30:16] | “Control Control, this is CSI Sanders. | “总台 总台 我是CSI的Sanders” |
[30:18] | I need some help.” | “我请求支援” |
[30:20] | You took a couple of seconds to look at the street signs. | 你花了几秒钟的时间来看清路牌 |
[30:23] | There’s a few more exchanges | 接下来是总台和你的一些通话 |
[30:24] | and then dispatch tells you: | 然后总台告诉你 |
[30:26] | “Closest unit has a five minute ETA.” | “最近的小组也要估计5分钟才到” 5分钟 |
[30:29] | Five minutes. | |
[30:34] | Control continues¡ “Rolling Code 3. Are they armed?” | 总台接着说”调遣密码为3 他们有武器吗” |
[30:37] | Please read your response. | 请读一下你的回复 |
[30:39] | I don’t know, I don’t know. | 我不知道 不知道 |
[30:40] | Ma’am, please, listen: They gotta get here | 女士 拜托 支援最好快些赶到 |
[30:42] | quickethan this. | |
[30:43] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[30:47] | What’d you do? | 之后你做了什么 我认为应该阻止这群暴徒 |
[30:48] | I thought I’d try to break up the mob. | |
[30:52] | I turned into the alley, hit the horn, yelled, anything. | 我开进小巷 鸣警报器 呼喊 等等 |
[30:57] | Did that stop the beating? | 那是否阻止了围殴 |
[30:59] | Not entirely. | 没有完全阻止 |
[31:01] | One guy decided not to run away. | 有一个家伙没有当即跑掉 |
[31:03] | Instead, he turned around, picked up a rock… | 相反 他转过身 捡起一块石头 看上去像是想结束受害人的性命 但他转过身 开始向我走来 |
[31:07] | and moved like he was going | |
[31:09] | to finish off the victim. | |
[31:11] | But he turned and started coming at me with it. | |
[31:15] | Oh, come on, that’s just his word, man. | 噢 拜托 都是听他在说 伙计 |
[31:17] | His word against my brother’s word! Mr. James. | -他的话和我哥哥的都相反 -James先生 |
[31:20] | You know, we can’t get his side, now can we? All right. Your Honor? | -你知道的 我们不能光听他的啊 对吗 -好了 法官大人 |
[31:23] | Ms. Nichols, The man has a right to speak. | Nichols女士 这位先生有权发言 |
[31:27] | Sit down. Come on. | 坐下 来 |
[31:33] | At this point, did you fear for your life? | 这种情况下 你是不是为自己的生命担心 |
[31:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:37] | Did you have a weapon, a gun? | 你有武器吗 枪呢 |
[31:38] | No. | 没有 |
[31:40] | What were you thinking | 当D.J.抛下毫无意识的Stanley Tanner 而拿着石头走向你的时候 你是怎么想的 |
[31:41] | when D.J. left Stanley Tanner’s unconscious body | |
[31:44] | and ran at you with that rock? | |
[31:46] | I thought that he could make me his next target. | 我想他或许是把我当作下一个目标 我觉得他想杀了我 |
[31:50] | I thought he wanted to kill me. | |
[31:53] | No matter what, I knew that I had to incapacitate him. | 不管怎样 我知道我要阻止他 |
[31:58] | Now it’s taken us several minutes | 现在我们来花些时间 |
[32:01] | to go through the events of that night. | 回顾一下那晚的情况 |
[32:02] | And I’m sure that you’ve all rmed some kind of opinion | 我相信对于所发生的事 |
[32:05] | about what happened. | 你们都有自己的想法 |
[32:07] | But, right now, let’s put ourselves | 但是 此刻呢 我们都站到 Sander先生的角度想一想 我们来看看Greg有多少时间 |
[32:10] | in Mr. Sanders’ position. | |
[32:12] | Let’s see how much time Greg had | |
[32:15] | to save a man’s life. | 来拯救一个人的生命 几秒钟 |
[32:32] | Seconds. | |
[32:35] | Mere seconds. | 不过几秒钟 |
[32:37] | What would you have done? | 你会怎么做 Sanders先生 你是否意图想要杀死Demitrius James |
[32:41] | Mr. Sanders, | |
[32:43] | was it your intention to kill Demitrius James? | |
[32:48] | No. | 没有 |
[32:51] | I wish he hadn’t come at me. | 我希望他没有向我走来 我希望他当时转身跑掉 Sanders先生… 你是否遗漏了一些地方 我想没有 |
[32:54] | I wish that he had just run away. | |
[33:01] | Mr. Sanders… | |
[33:03] | aren’t you leaving something out? | |
[33:05] | I don’t think so. | |
[33:07] | You testified at a criminal trial | 那天早些时候 |
[33:10] | earlier that day, didn’t you? | 你在一起刑事诉讼里作证 是不是 是的 |
[33:12] | Yes. | |
[33:15] | A.D.A. Ulrich | 地方助理检察官Ulrich 肯定很高兴你的证词 |
[33:16] | must’ve been pleased with your testimony. | |
[33:19] | She took you to dinner | 她带你去Tillerman吃饭 |
[33:21] | at the Tillerman. | |
[33:23] | I’m looking at a copy of her credit card receipt. | 我手里这张是她的信用卡收据 鲈鱼好吃么 |
[33:26] | How was the sea bass? | |
[33:28] | And the bottle of Pinot | 还有一瓶2005年的 Pinot Grigio Santa玛格里塔 |
[33:30] | Grigio Santa Margherita 2005, | |
[33:33] | how was that? | 这个怎样 法官大人 我…那时候没在当班 |
[33:34] | Your Honor… | |
[33:36] | I… wasn’t on shift, | |
[33:38] | and I only had… Mr. Sanders, | -而且我只喝… -Sanders先生 我肯定陪审团一定想知道 如果你上班之前 |
[33:40] | I’m sure the jury’s wondering, if you hadn’t been drinking | |
[33:43] | before going to work, | 没有喝酒的话 Demitrius James是否还活着 |
[33:45] | would Demitrius James still be alive? | |
[33:53] | Alcohol wasn’t… | 酒精并非… 原因之一 地方助理检察官Ulrich坚持要酒 我喝了半杯 大约6盎司 |
[33:55] | a factor. | |
[33:57] | A.D.A. Ulrich insisted on ordering the wine. | |
[34:02] | I drank half a glass. | |
[34:04] | About six ounces. | |
[34:06] | At my weight, 150, that would give me | 以我的体重 150磅 这会使得我 |
[34:08] | a blood-alcohol content of .02%. | 血液酒精含量为0.02% |
[34:12] | Even without food, | 即使空腹 |
[34:13] | the alcohol burn-off rate would be .015% per hour… | 酒精也会以每小时0.015%的速度代谢完 这就表示1个半小时后我的血液中 |
[34:20] | meaning that there was no alcohol in my bloodstream | |
[34:24] | after 90 minutes, well before I reported for my shift | 没有酒精成分 在我晚班签到之前 |
[34:27] | and about… seven hours | 大概…7个小时 |
[34:30] | before the incident. | 在案发之前 |
[34:41] | This is where we found | 我们在这儿找到了 |
[34:42] | your aunt’s fentanyl, so we know that you didn’t take it. | 你姑妈的Fentanyl 所以我们知道你没有拿走 |
[34:45] | Which means you’ve gone from a suspect..us | 也就是说你从一名嫌疑人… |
[34:48] | To a witness. | 变成了证人 |
[34:49] | Now it’s up to you to help us find the real killer. | 现在取决于你是否愿意帮我们找到凶手 |
[34:53] | If you really cared about Penny, | 如果你真的关心Penny的话 |
[34:56] | you’ll tell us the truth about everything. | 你告诉我们一切事实 |
[34:59] | So this is off the record? Yeah. | -这些不会记录吗 -是的 |
[35:02] | So I ain’t going to jail? | 那我不会进监狱了 |
[35:06] | Yeah, what do you want to know? | 好 你想知道什么 |
[35:08] | Who was Penny hiding her drugs from? | 因为谁 Penny会把她的药藏起来 |
[35:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:13] | Maybe it was me. | 或许以前是我 |
[35:15] | Although I never would’ve taken them. | 虽然我再也不会碰它们 |
[35:17] | Or maybe you should ask the guy next-door. | 或许你该问问隔壁那个男人 |
[35:19] | No, man, I’d never take those things from her. | 没有 伙计 她从没给我过这种东西 |
[35:22] | I buy ’em, 50 bucks a pop. | 我自己买的 50块钱一包 |
[35:31] | Did you know your aunt was selling her drugs? | 你知道你姑妈在卖她的药吗 |
[35:34] | Yeah, I had an idea. | 是的 我知道 |
[35:36] | I figured it was how she was supporting her habit. | 我知道她是靠这个来维持她的习惯 |
[35:38] | Which one? | 哪个 |
[35:40] | I guess I should’ve said “habits.” | 我想我该叫”一些习惯” |
[35:42] | Um, she loved her liqueur, and she loved her cigarettes, | 她爱她的利口酒 爱她的香烟 |
[35:45] | but what she really loved was video poker. | 但她真正最爱的是在线赌博 |
[35:47] | She liked the sound the coins made when she hit a jackpot. | 她喜欢听到赢钱时硬币的声响 |
[35:51] | She offered me a couple of bucks a week to keep the house clean, and… | 她每周付钱给我让我给房子打扫卫生 |
[35:54] | and she paid me in nickels and quarters. | 她给我的都是5分和2毛5的硬币 |
[35:56] | Can you think… | 你觉得… |
[35:59] | of anyone else that might have known | 有没有其他什么人可能知道 |
[36:02] | that those drugs were there? | 药在那个地方 |
[36:03] | No. I lived with her for a couple of months, and… | 不知道 我跟她住了两个月 |
[36:08] | and she never had anyone over but me. | 除了我以外她没请任何人来过 |
[36:49] | I know that look. | 我懂这个表情 |
[36:51] | You just figured something out. | 你发现了什么 |
[36:55] | This is much better than dead rock star kitchen. | 这个比那个死了的摇滚明星要好 |
[36:59] | The whole al fresco thing? | 所有的都是湿壁绘画 |
[37:01] | Come on, share. | 来 分享一下 |
[37:03] | Please? | 拜托 |
[37:04] | Look carefully at the back of the doll | 仔细看娃娃的背部 |
[37:08] | and at the pillow on the chair. | 还有椅子上的那个枕头 |
[37:11] | There appears to be remnants | 两个上面都有 |
[37:12] | of glue on both. | 胶水残留物 |
[37:15] | So the doll was originally | 所以娃娃原本 |
[37:17] | glued to the back of the chair. | 是粘在椅子上的 |
[37:22] | I think the killer expected the victim to die | 我想凶手原本是希望受害人 |
[37:25] | in this chair. | 死在这张椅子里的 |
[37:42] | Well, if that’s the case, then how did the killer expect to… | 如果是那样的话 那凶手希望如何 |
[37:46] | kill her? | 去杀她呢 陪审团是否做出裁定了 |
[38:08] | I understand the jury has reached a verdict? | |
[38:12] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[38:15] | We, the jury in this inquest, | 我们陪审团在此次调查中 |
[38:17] | find the death of Demitrius James excusable. | 认为Demitrius James的死亡 是情有可原的 |
[38:26] | Well, thank you, ladies a gentlemen, | 好的 非常感谢 女士们先生们 |
[38:28] | Judge Trueblood. | Trueblood大人 |
[38:30] | This inquest is concluded. | 陪审团已作出裁决 |
[38:32] | “Excusa…” No. | “情有…” 不 瞧 “情有可原”是指非故意杀人的合法行为 |
[38:34] | See, “excusable” is a lawful act with no intention to kill. | |
[38:39] | “Justifiable” means that the action was the only alternative. | “正当”是指此种行为是唯一的选择 |
[38:43] | That’s what they should have found. | 这才是他们应有的结论 |
[38:45] | It’s okay. | 无所谓了 |
[38:46] | I think they may have it right. | 我想他们或许是对的吧 |
[38:49] | Look, look, I got nothing against Mr. Sanders personally, | 看 我个人对Sanders先生没有任何敌意 |
[38:52] | but all these inquests ever really seem to do is protect the cops. | 但陪审团所有成员似乎 都只是想去保护警察 |
[38:55] | as emphasize during my campaign, | 正如我在竞选活动中所一再强调的 |
[38:57] | the public deserves the turth. | 公众应当知道真相 |
[38:59] | …about any death at the hands of law enfoement. | 无论出自于任何执法部门的死亡事件 |
[39:02] | No, it’s not over¡ we don’t get the justice¡ | 不 还没有结束 我们还没有得到公正… |
[39:06] | Mr. Sanders, Mr. Sanders, do you think the verdict was fair? | Sanders先生 Sanders先生 你认为陪审团的裁定是公正的吗 |
[39:08] | Was your killing Demitrius James excusable? | 你杀死Demitrius James是可以原谅的吗 |
[39:13] | This kid saved my damn life. | 这孩子救了我这条老命 |
[39:16] | He is a hero, a genuine hero. | 他是个英雄 真正的英雄 |
[40:40] | Penny Garden was poisoned with nicotine. | Penny Garden是尼古丁中毒 这倒不令人惊讶 |
[40:43] | Well, that’s not exactly a surprise¡ | |
[40:45] | the woman smoked liked a chimney. | 这女人就跟烟囱一样 |
[40:47] | She didn’t smoke it. | 她不是抽烟吸入的 |
[40:48] | She drank it. | 是喝进去的 |
[40:49] | Liquid nicotine. | 液体尼古丁 Truman Capote在他的”Hand-Carved Coffins”一书中 用这个作为一种杀人武器 (杜鲁门.卡波特) 我们的凶手将这个放进了Penny姑妈的酒瓶里 |
[40:51] | Truman Capote used it as a murder weapon | |
[40:53] | in his story, “Hand-Carved Coffins,” | |
[40:56] | and our killer put it in Aunt Penny’s liqueur bottle. | |
[41:05] | A cigarette introduces approximately one milligram | 一根香烟会在人体内产生大约1毫克的尼古丁 酒精中的含量超过了60 |
[41:08] | of nicotine into the body. | |
[41:10] | The liqueur contained over 60. | |
[41:14] | A dose that massive can induce severe convulsions… | 一次服用大量会导致严重的抽搐 |
[41:21] | …and evidently, mess up a meticulously crafted murder. | 显然 这打乱了精细手工作品中的案发现场 |
[41:25] | That’s why the miniature wasn’t at the crime scene. | 这就是为何模型没有留在案发现场 |
[41:27] | The killer was compelled to fix it, | 凶手不得不修改模型 |
[41:31] | so that it would match what actually happened. | 这样才能符合实际的案发情况 很多戒烟产品中都含有液体尼古丁 |
[41:38] | Liquid nicotine is in a lot of smoking cessation products. | |
[41:42] | Yeah. Commonly available to just about anyone. | 是的 通常是适用于任何人的 受害者电话有什么发现没 有点发现 我查了Izzy Delancy 和Penny Garden的通话记录 他们中有10个号码是相同的 |
[41:46] | Any luck with the vic’s calls? | |
[41:48] | Kind of. I data-mined the home phone numbers | |
[41:51] | of Izzy Delancy and Penny Garden. | |
[41:53] | They actually had ten numbers in common. | |
[41:55] | Information, | 问询台 |
[41:57] | couple of mail-order catalogs, power company, Moviefone. | 几个邮购目录 电力公司 电影院电话 |
[42:00] | There’s one other number which turned out to be | 另一个号码则是难以 追踪的抛弃式手机 说明是有人不想被其他人找到 嘿 头儿 |
[42:02] | an untraceable disposable cell phone¡ | |
[42:05] | suggests someone who doesn’t want to be found. | |
[42:07] | Hey, boss, | |
[42:09] | unless you need me for something, I’m gonna take off. | 要是没什么需要我 我想休息了 |
[42:11] | Yeah. Take off that suit, too. | 是的 顺便把西装也脱了 对了Greg… 你做得很好 很高兴你这样想 |
[42:15] | And Greg… | |
[42:17] | you did a good job. | |
[42:19] | I’m glad you think so. | |
[42:47] | You’ve been served. | 你被起诉了 |
[43:06] | What is it, Archie? | 怎么了 Archie |
[43:07] | Oh, hey, Gris. | 噢 嘿 Gris |
[43:08] | I was just looking at footage | 我只是在看隔壁邻居家的录像带 |
[43:09] | from the next-door neighbor’s, | |
[43:10] | the night the package was delivered. | 那晚有人送包裹 |
[43:14] | Never underestimate the Neighborhood Watch. | 永远不要小看邻里监控的好处 我没看到送货的卡车 我们真是幸运 这是送货上门 直接送到家门口 |
[43:19] | I don’t see a delivery truck. | |
[43:22] | Well, fortunately for us, this was a personal delivery… | |
[43:26] | right to our front door. |