英文名称:Crimson Peak
年代:2015
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:03] | Ghosts are real. | 鬼是存在的 |
[01:08] | This much I know. | 这我能确定 |
[01:14] | The first time I saw one, I was 10 years old. | 我第一次见到鬼 只有10岁 |
[01:22] | It was my mother’s. | 是我母亲的鬼 |
[01:26] | Black cholera had taken her. | 她被黑死病夺去了生命 |
[01:29] | So, father ordered a closed casket, asked me not to look. | 父亲订了闭棺 叫我不要看 |
[01:34] | There were to be no parting kisses. | 不能亲吻道别 |
[01:39] | – No good-byes. – And the lord said unto me, | – 不能说再见 – 主对我说 |
[01:41] | – no last words. – “Take thy place beside me.” | – 不能聆听遗言 – “来到我身边吧” |
[01:45] | That is, until the night she came back. | 直到 她回来的那天晚上 |
[03:03] | My child. | 我的孩子 |
[03:05] | When the time comes, | 等时候到了 |
[03:08] | beware of Crimson Peak. | 要小心猩红山峰 |
[03:25] | It would be years before I again heard such a voice… | 很多年后 我才再次听到这声音 |
[03:30] | or understood its desperate warning. | 理解那急切的警告 |
[03:34] | A warning from out of time… | 这不合时宜的警告 |
[03:38] | and one that I came to understand | 我日后才明白 |
[03:42] | only when it was too late. | 但却为时已晚 |
[03:55] | Barley mead and ale! | 大麦蜂蜜酒 麦芽酒 |
[03:57] | I got sweet and bitter! | 有甜有苦 |
[03:58] | 纽约 布法罗 14年后 | |
[04:00] | Barley mead and ale! | 大麦蜂蜜酒 麦芽酒 |
[04:05] | Apple, sir? | 要苹果吗 先生 |
[04:08] | Straight out of the oven this morning! | 今早刚出炉的 |
[04:29] | Edith. | 伊迪丝 |
[04:31] | – Alan. When did you get back? – Two weeks ago. | – 艾伦 你什么时候回来的 – 两周前 |
[04:34] | I thought Eunice had told you. | 我以为尤妮丝告诉你了 |
[04:35] | No, I ha… I hadn’t heard. | 没有 我不知道 |
[04:38] | She made a conquest in London. | 她在伦敦可风光了 |
[04:42] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这儿 |
[04:43] | I’m setting up my practice upstairs. | 我在楼上布置诊所 |
[04:45] | I’m to meet Ogilvie at 10:00 | 我10点约好见奥格尔维 |
[04:46] | to see if he wants to publish my manuscript. | 看他愿不愿发表我的手稿 |
[04:48] | You do know it’s only 9:00. | 现在才9点啊 |
[04:50] | I know, but I couldn’t wait any longer. | 我知道 但我等不及了 |
[04:52] | And I want to make some corrections anyway, so… | 而且 我反正也想再做些改动 |
[04:54] | If you have any free time, please come and visit. | 如果你有时间 过来看看啊 |
[04:56] | We met him at the British Museum | 我们是去年秋天 |
[04:57] | last fall when we were visiting Alan. | 去看艾伦时在大英博物馆认识他的 |
[05:00] | – Mother. – You wouldn’t believe it. He’s so handsome. | – 母亲 – 你不会相信的 他可帅气了 |
[05:03] | And he has crossed the ocean with his sister, | 而且他还带着姐姐漂洋过海 |
[05:05] | only to see Eunice again. | 就为了再见到尤妮丝 |
[05:06] | Mother, he’s here on business. | 母亲 他是来办公事的 |
[05:08] | It seems he’s a baronet. | 他还是位准男爵呢 |
[05:09] | – What’s a baronet? – Well, an aristocrat of some sort. | – 那是什么意思 – 就是个贵族 |
[05:13] | A man that feeds off land that others work for him. | 是靠一块别人替他劳作的地过活的男人 |
[05:16] | A parasite with a title. | 就是有头衔的寄生虫 |
[05:19] | This parasite is perfectly charming, and a magnificent dancer. | 这只寄生虫特别有魅力 而且舞跳得很棒 |
[05:24] | Although that wouldn’t concern you, would it, Edith? | 不过你可不会在意这个 是吧 伊迪丝 |
[05:26] | Our very own Jane Austen. | 我们的简·奥斯汀 |
[05:28] | Though she died a spinster, no? | 但她不是到死都是老处女吗 |
[05:29] | Mother, please. | 母亲 够了 |
[05:31] | That’s all right. Actually, Mrs. McMichael, | 没事 其实 麦克迈克尔太太 |
[05:33] | I would prefer to be Mary Shelley. | 我更希望做玛丽·雪莱 |
[05:35] | She died a widow. | 她死时是位寡妇 |
[05:37] | Alan. | 艾伦 再见 |
[05:57] | Ah, Miss Cushing. | 库辛小姐 |
[05:59] | – You’re early. – Just a little. | – 你来早了 – 就早了一点 |
[06:11] | A ghost story. | 鬼故事 |
[06:13] | Your father didn’t tell me it was a ghost story. | 你父亲没告诉我是鬼故事 |
[06:17] | It’s… it’s not. | 不是的 |
[06:18] | It’s more a story with a ghost in it. | 只是个有鬼的故事 |
[06:21] | The ghost is just a metaphor. | 鬼只是种隐喻 |
[06:24] | A metaphor? | 隐喻 |
[06:25] | For the past. | 代表过去 |
[06:26] | Well, lovely handwriting. | 字写得不错 |
[06:28] | Nice, confident loops. | 充满自信 |
[06:30] | Miss Cushing, may I offer a word of advice? | 库辛小姐 能容我提句建议吗 |
[06:35] | He told me it needed a love story. | 他说我需要加入爱情故事 |
[06:38] | Can you believe that? | 您能相信吗 |
[06:40] | Ogilvie’s old-fashioned. | 奥格尔维是个老派人 |
[06:42] | He said that just because I’m a woman. | 他那么说是因为我是女人 |
[06:44] | Everyone falls in love, dear, even women. | 人人都会坠入爱河 亲爱的 包括女人 |
[06:47] | I don’t want to write a love story like that. | 我不想写那样的爱情故事 |
[06:49] | Well, my darling, I was hoping to make this a celebratory gift. | 亲爱的 我本来希望这会是庆祝的礼物 |
[06:55] | I’m a builder, dear. | 我是个建造者 亲爱的 |
[06:57] | If there’s one thing I know, | 我最懂的道理 |
[06:58] | it’s the importance of the right tool for the job. | 就是干活儿要用合适的工具 |
[07:01] | It’s beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[07:03] | But actually, father, I was hoping to type it, in your office. | 但其实 父亲 我想在您办公室把它打出来 |
[07:07] | Type it? | 打出来 |
[07:08] | I’m submitting it to the Atlantic Monthly, but | 我想把文章寄给《大西洋月刊》 |
[07:10] | I realize now that my handwriting is too feminine. | 但我现在意识到 我的字迹太女性化了 |
[07:13] | It gives me away. | 一眼就会被看穿 |
[07:15] | Without a doubt. | 毫无疑问 |
[07:22] | But what you must appreciate is the way that the molding | 但你得看到边框 |
[07:24] | is incorporated into the overall design of the clock. | 与钟沿的完美契合 |
[07:34] | It’ll take me all day, | 我得打一天 |
[07:35] | but it does make it look rather handsome, don’t you think? | 但这样看上去好多了 不是吗 |
[07:37] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[07:42] | Good morning, miss. | 早上好 小姐 |
[07:44] | Forgive the interruption. | 抱歉打扰 |
[07:45] | I have an appointment with Mr. Carter Everett Cushing. | 我与卡特·埃弗雷特·库辛先生有约 |
[07:48] | – Goodness. With the great man himself. – I’m afraid so. | – 老天 跟那位伟人呢 – 是啊 |
[07:52] | “Sir Thomas Sharpe, baronet.” | “托马斯·夏普准爵士” |
[07:56] | – He’ll be here shortly. – Thank you. | – 他就到 – 谢谢 |
[07:59] | You’re not late, are you? | 您没迟到吧 |
[08:01] | – He hates that. – Uh, not at all. | – 他讨厌那样 – 完全没有 |
[08:03] | In fact, I’m a little early. | 事实上 我还来早了点 |
[08:05] | Oh, I’m afraid he hates that too. | 他也不喜欢那样 |
[08:07] | I’m sorry. I don’t mean to pry, but, uh, | 抱歉 我无意窥探 但 |
[08:10] | – this is a piece of fiction, is it not? – Yes. | – 这是部小说吧 – 是的 |
[08:12] | Who are you transcribing this for? | 您在为谁誊写 |
[08:14] | It’s to be sent to New York tomorrow, to the Atlantic Monthly. | 明天要寄去纽约的《大西洋月刊》 |
[08:17] | Well, whoever wrote it it’s, um, | 不管是谁写的 |
[08:20] | rather good, don’t you think? | 这写得不错啊 |
[08:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:22] | It certainly captured my attention. | 至少是吸引了我的注意 |
[08:26] | I wrote it. It’s mine. | 我写的 是我的作品 |
[08:32] | Ghosts? | 鬼 |
[08:33] | Well, the ghosts are just a metaphor. Really… | 鬼其实只是隐喻 |
[08:35] | They’ve always fascinated me. | 我一直觉得鬼很有趣 |
[08:38] | You see, where I come from, | 您瞧 在我们那边 |
[08:40] | ghosts are not to be taken lightly. | 鬼可不是闹着玩的 |
[08:42] | Sir Thomas Sharpe. | 托马斯·夏普爵士 |
[08:44] | Welcome to our fair city. | 欢迎来到我们的美丽城市 |
[08:46] | Sir. It’s my pleasure. | 先生 很荣幸 |
[08:48] | I see you’ve already met my daughter Edith. | 看来你已经见过我女儿伊迪丝了 |
[08:52] | The Sharpe Clay Mines have been | 夏普红土矿自1796年起 |
[08:54] | royal purveyors of the purest Scarlet Clay | 就一直为皇室提供最纯的 |
[08:57] | since 1796. | 猩红土 |
[09:00] | In its liquid form, it is so rich in ore and so malleable | 液态红土富含矿石 可塑性强 |
[09:04] | that it can produce the strongest bricks and tiles. | 可以制造最坚实的砖块和瓷砖 |
[09:07] | Excessive mining in the last 20 years | 过去20年中由于过度开采 |
[09:09] | has caused most of our old deposits to collapse. | 我们大部分老矿藏都已坍塌 |
[09:12] | This is a Clay harvester of my own design. | 这是一台我自己设计的红土开采机 |
[09:15] | It transports the Clay upwards as it digs deep. | 它一边将红土挖出 一边向深处开掘 |
[09:21] | I have absolutely no doubt | 我确信无疑 |
[09:23] | this machine will revolutionize Clay mining as we know it. | 这台机器会彻底改造红土开采的面貌 |
[09:27] | Turn it off, please. | 请关掉 |
[09:33] | Have you tested it? Full-scale? | 你测试过真机吗 |
[09:35] | Not yet, sir. We’re very close. | 还没有 先生 很快就能进行测试了 |
[09:37] | But we hope that with funding… | 希望有了资金后… |
[09:38] | So actually, what you have is a toy | 所以 你实际上只有一台玩具 |
[09:42] | and some fancy words. | 和些花言巧语 |
[09:44] | Mr. Cushing, I… | 库辛先生 我… |
[09:45] | You’ve already tried and failed to raise capital | 你曾去过伦敦 爱丁堡和米兰 |
[09:49] | in London, Edinburgh, Milan… | 想要筹款但都失败了 |
[09:52] | Yes, that’s correct, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[09:53] | And now you’re here. | 现在你又来到了这儿 |
[09:56] | Correct again, sir. | 没错 先生 |
[09:59] | The men at this table, all of us, | 这张桌子边的男人 我们每个人 |
[10:02] | came up through honest, hard work. | 都是通过老实辛苦的工作走到今天 |
[10:06] | Well, maybe not all of us. Mr. Ferguson here is a lawyer. | 或许不都是吧 弗格森先生是位律师 |
[10:09] | But even he can’t help that. | 但这他也没办法 |
[10:12] | I started as a steel worker, | 我起初是个钢铁工人 |
[10:13] | raising buildings before I could own them. | 兴建大楼 然后才能买得起他们 |
[10:16] | My hands, feel them. | 我的手 摸摸 |
[10:20] | Rough. | 很粗糙 |
[10:21] | The reflection of who I am. | 这反应了我是什么样的人 |
[10:24] | Now, you, sir, when I shook your hand… | 而你 先生 我握你的手时 |
[10:30] | you’ve got the softest hands I’ve ever felt. | 你的手是我摸过的最软的 |
[10:35] | In America we bank on effort, not privilege. | 在美国 我们依赖努力 而非特权 |
[10:39] | That is how we built this country. | 我们就是这样建立了这个国家 |
[10:42] | I’m here with all that I possess, sir. | 我带着我拥有的一切前来 先生 |
[10:45] | A name, a patch of land and the will to make it yield. | 我的名字 一块土地 和开发它的意愿 |
[10:49] | The least that you can grant me is the courtesy of your time | 您至少也该给我点时间 |
[10:52] | and the chance to prove to you and these fine gentlemen | 给我个机会 向您和这些先生证明 |
[10:55] | that my will, dear sir, is at the very least as strong as yours. | 我的意志 至少也与您一样坚定 先生 |
[11:07] | I need a corset. | 我需要件束腰 |
[11:09] | No, you don’t. You look very handsome. | 才不呢 您帅气极了 |
[11:12] | – Do I? – Yes, you do, young man. | – 是吗 – 是的 小伙子 |
[11:15] | I do wish you’d change your mind and come along tonight. | 我真希望你能改主意 跟我一起去 |
[11:18] | Mrs. McMichael has gone to a lot of trouble. | 麦克迈克尔太太可费心了 |
[11:22] | Little Lord Fauntleroy will be there. | 方特勒罗伊小爵爷也会去 |
[11:24] | You mean Thomas Sharpe? | 您是指托马斯·夏普吗 |
[11:26] | Sir Thomas Sharpe, baronet. | 托马斯·夏普准男爵 |
[11:29] | Apparently, he’s taken an interest in young Eunice. | 据说他喜欢上了尤妮丝 |
[11:32] | I saw you spying on us, child. | 我看见你偷偷来看我们了 孩子 |
[11:35] | Was his proposal so outrageous | 他的提议真那么过分 |
[11:37] | as to merit such a harsh answer from you? | 您非要如此无礼地回应他吗 |
[11:40] | It wasn’t his proposal, my love. | 不是他提议的问题 亲爱的 |
[11:42] | It was him. | 是他 |
[11:44] | There’s something about him that I don’t like. | 他有些地方让我不喜欢 |
[11:47] | What, I don’t know. | 至于是什么 我说不好 |
[11:50] | And I don’t like not knowing. | 我不喜欢不确定 |
[11:54] | What I saw was a dreamer facing defeat. | 我只看到一个梦想家遭遇挫败 |
[11:58] | Did you see his suit? | 您看到他的西装了吗 |
[11:59] | It was beautifully tailored, but at least a decade old. | 虽然剪裁合体 但至少穿了10年 |
[12:04] | I can see that you observed far more than I did. | 看得出你观察得比我仔细 |
[12:07] | And his shoes were handmade, but worn. | 他的鞋是手工制作 但穿得很旧 |
[12:10] | That’ll be young Dr. McMichael. | 是麦克迈克尔医生来了 |
[12:11] | He’s brought his new motorcar to collect me. | 他开来了他的新机动车来接我 |
[12:13] | Come and see it. Say hello to him. | 来看看吧 跟他打个招呼 |
[12:16] | He’s just opened his new practice. | 他刚开了新诊所 |
[12:18] | And he’s always been awfully fond of you. | 而且他一直很喜欢你 |
[12:20] | I know that, father. | 我知道 父亲 |
[12:23] | Good evening, Marie. | 晚上好 玛丽 |
[12:24] | Good evening, Dr. McMichael. | 晚上好 麦克迈克尔医生 |
[12:25] | Good evening, Mr. Cushing. | 晚上好 库辛先生 |
[12:28] | Alan. | 艾伦 |
[12:29] | Hello, Edith. | 你好 伊迪丝 |
[12:30] | My, don’t we look smart, Alan. | 天呐 打扮得真帅呢 艾伦 |
[12:33] | It’s just something I threw together. | 我就随便穿了件出来 |
[12:35] | It’s Edith who should be the belle of the ball this evening. | 伊迪丝才该是今晚舞会的主角 |
[12:38] | Don’t you agree, Alan? | 不是吗 艾伦 |
[12:40] | As I recall, Edith takes a dim view of social frivolity. | 我记得 伊迪丝不怎么瞧得起无聊的社交呢 |
[12:44] | You lads enjoy the party. | 你们玩得愉快 |
[12:46] | Don’t let him drink too much. | 别让他喝太多 |
[12:51] | So, she’s not coming. | 她还是不肯来 |
[12:53] | Stubborn to the bone. | 顽固到骨头里了 |
[12:55] | Where does she get that from? | 这是像谁啊 |
[12:57] | I’m not complaining. I like it. | 我没抱怨啊 我喜欢这样 |
[13:18] | 坎伯兰郡 夏普准男爵和阿勒戴尔庄园 | |
[13:18] | “Allerdale Hall.” | “阿勒戴尔庄园” |
[13:24] | Father, did you forget something? | 父亲 您忘记什么了吗 |
[14:47] | What is it? What do you want? | 干什么 你想要怎样 |
[14:58] | Beware of Crimson Peak. | 小心猩红山峰 |
[15:10] | Excuse me, miss. | 打扰 小姐 |
[15:11] | Are you all right, miss? Whatever is it? | 您没事吧 小姐 怎么了 |
[15:13] | Please help me up. | 扶我起来 |
[15:17] | There’s a Sir Thomas Sharpe at the door. | 有位托马斯·夏普爵士在门口 |
[15:19] | Thomas Sharpe? | 托马斯·夏普 |
[15:20] | He’s dripping wet and most insistent on coming in. | 他都湿透了 坚持要进来 |
[15:23] | Well, that’s absolutely out of the question, Annie. | 这绝对不行 安妮 |
[15:24] | – Please, just tell him to go away. – I tried. | – 请叫他走吧 – 我说过了 |
[15:27] | – And? – He wants to talk to you. | – 怎么 – 他要见您 |
[15:35] | Miss Cushing. Are you all right? You seem a little pale. | 库辛小姐 您没事吧 您有点苍白 |
[15:38] | I’m not all too well, Sir Thomas, I’m afraid. | 我恐怕不是很好 托马斯爵士 |
[15:41] | – Father isn’t home. – Oh, I know. | – 我父亲不在家 – 我知道 |
[15:44] | I, uh… I waited in the rain for him to leave. | 我在雨里一直等到他离开 |
[15:49] | I know he’s going to the reception at the McMichael house, | 我知道他要去参加麦克迈克尔家的舞会 |
[15:52] | uh, which is my destination too. | 我也要去 |
[15:54] | But that’s in Bidwell Parkway, sir. | 那是在比德维大道 先生 |
[15:56] | This is Masten Park. | 这里是马斯廷公园 |
[15:59] | You’re very, very lost. | 您可是走错太远了 |
[16:01] | That I am. And I desperately need your help. | 是啊 我急需您帮助 |
[16:04] | My help with what? | 我能帮什么 |
[16:05] | Miss Cushing, the language, for one thing. | 库辛小姐 首先是语言 |
[16:07] | As you can plainly see, I do not speak a word of American. | 您看得出 我完全不会说美国话 |
[16:12] | Tell me, why would you want to stay here? | 告诉我 您为什么要留在这里呢 |
[16:16] | All alone. | 独自一人 |
[17:30] | Alan, this is Sir Thomas Sharpe. | 艾伦 这位是托马斯·夏普爵士 |
[17:32] | Sir Thomas, Dr. Alan McMichael. | 托马斯爵士 这位是艾伦·麦克迈克尔医生 |
[17:34] | Best man in town if you’re feeling poorly. | 如果您身体不佳 找他就最好了 |
[17:36] | I’ve heard so much about you from mother and my sister. | 我从母亲和妹妹那儿听了您很多事 |
[17:39] | Although, I must confess, | 不过 我得说 |
[17:40] | I had a little trouble understanding your title. | 我有点不理解您的头衔 |
[17:44] | – Baronet? – Edith kindly explained it to me. | – 准男爵吗 – 伊迪丝好心跟我解释了 |
[17:47] | Edith, this is Lady Lucille Sharpe. | 伊迪丝 这位是露西尔·夏普小姐 |
[17:50] | – My sister. – I’m delighted to meet you, Miss Cushing. | – 我姐姐 – 很高兴认识您 库辛小姐 |
[17:53] | You’ve managed to delay my brother quite a bit. | 您让我弟弟来迟了 |
[17:56] | Now’s the time. | 就现在吧 |
[17:58] | Poor Eunice was growing desperate. | 可怜的尤妮丝都要等急了 |
[18:00] | She claims no gentleman in America | 她说美国没有一位绅士 |
[18:01] | knows how to dance a proper waltz. | 知道该怎么跳华尔兹 |
[18:04] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[18:06] | Interesting development, don’t you think? | 这情况挺有意思啊 是不是 |
[18:07] | Indeed. | 是啊 |
[18:09] | Ladies and gentlemen, please make some space. | 女士们先生们 请让出点地方 |
[18:12] | The baronet would like to demonstrate for us the waltz. | 准男爵要为我们演示如何跳华尔兹 |
[18:16] | European style. | 欧洲式的 |
[18:18] | – Mrs. McMichael, I wanted to apologize. – Edith, | – 麦克迈克尔夫人 我想道歉 – 伊迪丝 |
[18:20] | – we weren’t expecting you. – I know. | – 我们不知道你要来 – 是啊 |
[18:22] | And I’m sure there’s no place for me… | 我知道这里肯定没我的位置了 |
[18:23] | Don’t worry, my child. | 没事的 孩子 |
[18:25] | Everybody has their place. | 人人都有自己的位置 |
[18:27] | I’ll make sure you find yours. | 我一定会让你找到自己的位置 |
[18:31] | The waltz. Not a complicated dance, really. | 华尔兹 这种舞蹈并不复杂 |
[18:33] | The lady takes her place slightly to the left of the leading gentleman. | 女士站在领舞男士偏左的位置 |
[18:36] | Six basic steps, and that’s all. | 六步基本舞步 仅此而已 |
[18:39] | However, it is said that the true test of the perfect waltz | 但是 据说对完美的华尔兹的真正考验 |
[18:42] | is for it to be so swift, so delicate and so smooth | 是要做到步履轻盈 自如流畅 |
[18:47] | that a candle flame will not be extinguished | 领舞者手中持蜡烛 |
[18:50] | in the hand of the lead dancer. | 整支舞跳完蜡烛不灭 |
[18:51] | Now, that requires… | 那么这就需要 |
[18:54] | the perfect partner. | 有最完美的舞伴 |
[19:00] | Would you be mine? | 你愿做我的舞伴吗 |
[19:03] | I don’t think so. Thank you. | 还是算了 谢谢 |
[19:05] | But I’m sure Eunice would be delighted. | 但尤妮丝一定会乐意的 |
[19:07] | I daresay. But I have asked you. | 这我相信 但我想请你跳 |
[19:37] | Why are we doing this? | 我们为什么要这么做 |
[19:39] | I’ve always closed my eyes to things that made me uncomfortable. | 每次遇到让我不舒服的事我就会闭上眼睛 |
[19:44] | It makes everything easier. | 一切就都轻松多了 |
[19:45] | I don’t want to close my eyes. | 我不想闭上眼睛 |
[19:49] | I want to keep them open. | 我想把眼睛睁大 |
[21:20] | Mr. Holly. | 霍利先生 |
[21:21] | Mr. Cushing. | 库辛先生 |
[21:23] | I like the club the first thing in the morning. | 我喜欢一大早来俱乐部 |
[21:25] | I have it all to myself. | 就我一个人 |
[21:27] | A great way to start the day, sir. | 这样开始一天再好不过了 先生 |
[21:32] | There’s a young gentleman and his sister | 有位年轻先生和他姐姐 |
[21:34] | I want you to investigate for me. | 我要你替我调查一下 |
[21:36] | Something not quite right about them. | 他们有点不太对劲 |
[21:38] | I want results as soon as possible. | 尽快把结果拿给我 |
[21:44] | You have not been using the drops regularly. | 你没有按时滴眼药水 |
[21:48] | Edith, come in. | 伊迪丝 请进 |
[21:49] | And I must insist you do so. | 你一定得按时用啊 |
[21:52] | Take this to the druggist and ask him to prepare it exactly. | 把这个拿给药剂师 让他照我写的备药 |
[21:58] | And resume the dose. | 并恢复用药 |
[21:59] | Toxicology of the Eye. Morphology of the Optic Nerve. | 《眼睛毒理学》《视神经形态学》 |
[22:03] | Principles of Optical Refraction. | 《光折变原理》 |
[22:07] | And Arthur Conan Doyle. | 还有… 亚瑟·柯南·道尔 |
[22:10] | Fancy yourself a detective? | 想当侦探吗 |
[22:12] | Well, not really, but he is an ophthalmologist just like me. | 那倒不是 但他跟我一样 也是眼科医师 |
[22:19] | Come. I think you’re gonna like what I have to show you. | 来 你会喜欢我要给你看的东西的 |
[22:22] | Ghost photography is easy to fake. | 鬼魂摄影很好造假 |
[22:25] | However, with glass plates, it is, by definition, impossible. | 但用玻璃板 就完全无法伪造了 |
[22:30] | I got these in London. They’re genuine. | 我在伦敦买到了这些 绝对是真品 |
[22:34] | The image is captured using a coating of silver salts, | 图像是用一层银盐捕捉到的 |
[22:37] | invisible to the naked eye. | 肉眼无法看到 |
[22:40] | It’s called a latent image. | 叫做潜像 |
[22:42] | Now, it’s my belief that houses, places, | 我认为 房屋 地点 |
[22:46] | be it by chemical compound in the earth | 不论是通过泥土中的化合物 |
[22:48] | or the minerals in the stone, | 还是石头里的矿物质 |
[22:50] | can retain impressions or a person that is no longer living. | 能够留住逝去的影像和人 |
[22:56] | But not everyone can see them. | 但不是每个人都能看到 |
[22:58] | The man that just left, amongst other ailments, is color-blind. | 刚刚离开的那男人 他的病包括色盲 |
[23:02] | Now, that man will never perceive the colors red or green. | 他永远分辨不出红色和绿色 |
[23:06] | He only accepts their existence | 他之所以接受他们的存在 |
[23:08] | because the majority around him does. | 是因为他身边多数人都承认红绿的存在 |
[23:12] | Perhaps we only notice things | 或许我们只在 |
[23:13] | when the time comes for us to see them. | 合适的时候 才会看到一些东西 |
[23:22] | You’ve never spoken to me about these interests of yours, Alan. | 你从没跟我说过你对这些东西的兴趣 艾伦 |
[23:25] | You’ve never given me the chance. | 你一直没给过我机会 |
[23:28] | Edith, I understand your fascination with the Sharpes, | 伊迪丝 我理解你对夏普姐弟的吸引 |
[23:32] | but in your own best interest, proceed with caution is all I ask. | 但为了你好 我只求你小心一点 |
[23:37] | You’ve been gone a long time and, well, | 你离开了好久 |
[23:40] | I’ve managed somewhat. | 我不一直好好的 |
[23:46] | No, Edith, | 不 伊迪丝 |
[23:47] | I think every time I read it, it gets better and better. | 我觉得我每次读都更精彩了 |
[23:51] | And I don’t mind the love story at all. | 我一点也不介意加入了爱情故事 |
[23:52] | – Just a chapter or two. – Well, I like it. | – 就那么一两章 – 反正我喜欢 |
[23:56] | Let me know what you think. | 告诉我你的想法 |
[23:58] | I’ll finish it now. | 我这就看完 |
[24:09] | Is it a butterfly? | 那是蝴蝶吗 |
[24:11] | No. | 不 |
[24:13] | But it will be soon. | 但它很快就会变成蝴蝶 |
[24:15] | Oh, I hadn’t seen them. | 我都没看见 |
[24:19] | They’re dying. | 他们要死了 |
[24:22] | They take their heat from the sun, | 他们靠太阳吸取热量 |
[24:23] | and when it deserts them, they die. | 太阳抛弃了他们 他们便死了 |
[24:27] | That’s sad. | 真悲哀 |
[24:28] | No, it’s not sad, Edith. It’s nature. | 不 不悲哀 伊迪丝 自然就是如此 |
[24:32] | It’s a savage world of things dying | 这是个残忍的世界 总有东西死去 |
[24:34] | or eating each other right beneath our feet. | 要么就是在我们脚下相互吞噬 |
[24:38] | Surely there’s more to it than that. | 肯定没那么简单的 |
[24:42] | Beautiful things are fragile. | 美丽的事物都很脆弱 |
[24:48] | At home, we have only black moths. | 在家那边 我们只有黑蛾子 |
[24:52] | Formidable creatures, to be sure, but they lack beauty. | 虽然令人敬畏 但缺乏美感 |
[24:55] | They thrive on the dark and the cold. | 黑暗和寒冷让他们强大 |
[24:59] | What do they feed on? | 他们吃什么 |
[25:01] | Butterflies, I’m afraid. | 恐怕是蝴蝶 |
[25:17] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[25:21] | I don’t think she’s the right choice. | 我觉得她不合适 |
[25:23] | She’s too young. She’s just a child, Thomas. | 她太年轻了 还是个孩子 托马斯 |
[25:25] | Lucille, I’ve explained all this. | 露西尔 我说过了 |
[25:28] | I will need the ring. | 我需要戒指 |
[25:30] | The ring’s mine. | 戒指是我的 |
[25:32] | I earned it. | 是我赢得的 |
[25:35] | I will want it back. | 回头要还给我 |
[25:37] | Then you’d better hope I’m successful. | 那就祈祷我成功吧 |
[25:40] | This is the last thing we have to sell. | 这是我们最后可卖的东西了 |
[25:44] | You’re not selling it. | 你不是要卖掉它 |
[25:46] | We… | 我们 |
[25:48] | are buying something with it. | 要用它买东西 |
[25:57] | Mr. Holly. Is something the matter? | 霍利先生 有什么事吗 |
[25:59] | Mr. Cushing. | 库辛先生 |
[26:01] | It is not often that I am the bearer of bad news, | 我并不经常带来坏消息 |
[26:03] | but when I am, I insist upon delivering it myself. | 但如果我有坏消息 我就一定要亲自来告知 |
[26:10] | Don’t open it here. | 别在这儿看 |
[26:17] | Now is the time. | 就现在吧 |
[26:21] | Edith, may I have a word? | 伊迪丝 能跟你说句话吗 |
[26:24] | Just one moment. Let me get my father. | 稍等 我去叫父亲 |
[26:34] | Father. | 父亲 |
[26:35] | Everybody’s waiting. | 大家都等着呢 |
[26:38] | I’ll be there shortly. | 我就下去 |
[26:42] | Miss Cushing. | 库辛小姐 |
[26:44] | Edith. I really have no right to ask this, but, uh… | 伊迪丝 我知道我无权提出 但是… |
[26:47] | Sir Thomas. May I speak with you in my study, please? | 托马斯爵士 我们能去我书房谈谈吗 |
[26:50] | You and your sister, if you would be so kind as to fetch her. | 还有令姐 劳烦你去叫她来 |
[26:54] | Child, please tell our guests that we will join them presently. | 孩子 请告诉宾客们 我们就到 |
[27:03] | Now, Lady Lucille. | 露西尔小姐 |
[27:05] | Sir Thomas, the first time we met, | 托马斯爵士 我们初次相见时 |
[27:09] | I imagine it was hard for you to realize that I didn’t like you. | 恐怕你很难发觉我不喜欢你 |
[27:13] | You made that clear enough, sir, | 您表示得很清楚了 先生 |
[27:14] | but I had hoped that now with time… | 但我本希望 经过了这段时间 |
[27:16] | Your time, Sir Thomas, is up. | 托马斯爵士 你的时间到了 |
[27:18] | Could you speak plainly, Mr. Cushing? | 您能说得明白些吗 库辛先生 |
[27:20] | Plain I will be, missy. | 我会说明白的 小姐 |
[27:22] | Plainer than you might like to hear. | 可能会让你觉得太过直白了 |
[27:25] | In the past few days, | 这几天来 |
[27:26] | your brother has deemed it fine enough | 你弟弟觉得他可以 |
[27:28] | to mix business with pleasure | 将公事和私事混为一谈 |
[27:30] | by repeatedly engaging socially with my daughter. | 多次与我女儿约会 |
[27:33] | My only daughter. | 我的独女 |
[27:34] | Sir, I’m aware that I have no position to offer, | 先生 我知道我没什么可给她的 |
[27:37] | but the fact is… | 但事实上 |
[27:38] | You are falling in love with her. | 你爱上她了 |
[27:41] | Is that it? | 是吗 |
[27:43] | You play the part well. | 你的角色扮演得很好 |
[27:46] | The other day, my daughter asked me why I didn’t like you. | 前几天 我女儿问我为什么不喜欢你 |
[27:50] | Honestly, at the time, I had no good answer. | 老实说 我当时也答不上来 |
[27:53] | But now I do. That document there gave me my answer. | 但现在我能说了 这份文件就是我的答案 |
[28:01] | That’s the first honest reaction I’ve seen from you. | 这是我第一次见到你真实的反应 |
[28:06] | – Does she know? – No. | – 她知道了吗 – 不知道 |
[28:10] | But I will tell her | 但我会告诉她的 |
[28:12] | if that’s what it takes to send you on your way. | 如果必须这样才能让你走人的话 |
[28:15] | Sir, I know you will find this hard to believe… | 先生 我知道您会觉得难以置信 |
[28:17] | You love her. I know. | 你爱她 我知道 |
[28:20] | You’re repeating yourself. | 你说过了 |
[28:21] | Now, you… you seem to be the more collected one, dear. | 你 你似乎是更理智的一个 亲爱的 |
[28:25] | It’s overly generous, I know. | 我知道这太过慷慨了 |
[28:27] | But if you want that check to clear, there are two conditions. | 但如果你们想能兑现那张支票 我有两个条件 |
[28:29] | There’s a train for New york City | 明天一早 |
[28:31] | leaving first thing tomorrow morning. | 有辆离开纽约市的火车 |
[28:32] | You and your brother better be on it. | 你和你弟弟最好赶上 |
[28:36] | Do we understand each other? | 你们听明白了吗 |
[28:37] | We do. What is the second condition? | 当然 第二个条件是什么 |
[28:40] | That concerns my daughter. | 那与我女儿有关 |
[28:42] | Tonight you must… | 今晚你必须 |
[28:45] | thoroughly break her heart. | 伤透她的心 |
[28:53] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[28:55] | we have an unexpected announcement. | 有一则意外的消息要宣告 |
[28:58] | Sir Thomas. | 托马斯爵士 |
[29:04] | Thank you, Mr. Cushing. | 谢谢您 库辛先生 |
[29:08] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[29:11] | when I first came to America, | 我初来到美国时 |
[29:12] | my heart was brimming with a sense of adventure. | 我心中充满冒险的精神 |
[29:17] | Here the future actually seemed to mean something. | 在这里 未来似乎真的有些意义 |
[29:21] | I have found warmth and friendship among you all. | 我在诸位身上找到了温暖和友谊 |
[29:24] | But for now, farewell. | 但现在 要告别了 |
[29:29] | May we meet again. | 希望我们能再见 |
[29:32] | Perhaps on a different shore. | 或许在另一片海岸上 |
[29:34] | My sister and I depart for England | 我姐姐和我要回程去英国 |
[29:37] | just in time for the winter. | 赶回去过冬 |
[29:41] | – To lasting friendship. – To lasting friendship. | – 敬长久的友谊 – 敬长久的友谊 |
[29:45] | Excuse me. I’m sorry. | 失陪 抱歉 |
[29:51] | Edith. | 伊迪丝 |
[29:54] | You’re leaving us. | 你要走了 |
[29:55] | We must return home immediately and attend to our interests. | 我们得马上回家料理我们的事务 |
[29:58] | And with nothing to hold us in America… | 而美国又没什么值得我们留恋的了 |
[30:00] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[30:02] | Your novel. | 你的小说 |
[30:04] | I read the new chapters. I’ll have them delivered in the morning. | 我读过了新的章节 早上会派人送来 |
[30:06] | That’s very good of you. Thank you. | 多谢你了 |
[30:07] | Would you still like to know my thoughts? | 你还想知道我的看法吗 |
[30:09] | If we must. | 如果非听不可的话 |
[30:13] | It’s absurdly sentimental. | 太多愁善感了 |
[30:15] | The aches that you describe with such earnestness. | 你如此真挚地描述的心痛 |
[30:18] | The pain, the loss. You clearly haven’t lived at all. | 那痛苦 失去之伤 你显然是并未经历过 |
[30:21] | In fact, you only seem to know what other writers tell you. | 事实上 你似乎只听其他作家说过 |
[30:23] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[30:24] | You insist on describing the torments of love | 你非要描述爱情对人的折磨 |
[30:26] | when you clearly know nothing about them. | 而你显然对此一无所知 |
[30:28] | I’m not done yet! | 我还没说完 |
[30:29] | What do you dream of? A kind man? | 你梦想着什么 一个温和的男人 |
[30:32] | A pure soul to be redeemed? | 有待救赎的纯净灵魂 |
[30:35] | A wounded bird you can nourish? | 你可以照料的受伤小鸟 |
[30:37] | Perfection? | 完美吗 |
[30:39] | Perfection has no place in love, Edith. | 爱是从不完美的 伊迪丝 |
[30:42] | I advise you to return to your ghosts and fancies. | 我建议你回去写鬼故事和幻想吧 |
[30:44] | The sooner, the better. | 越早越好 |
[30:45] | You know precious little of the human heart | 你对人心的了解太少 |
[30:47] | or love or the pain that comes with it. | 也不了解爱情 和随之而来的心痛 |
[30:50] | You’re nothing but a spoiled child. | 你不过是个被宠坏的孩子 |
[31:19] | How’s the water today, Benton? | 今天的水温怎么样 本顿 |
[31:20] | Piping hot. Just the way you like it, sir. | 滚烫 就像您喜欢的那样 先生 |
[31:25] | Very well. | 好 |
[31:26] | Be kind enough to order me some ham and eggs. | 帮我叫点火腿和鸡蛋 |
[31:29] | I’ll start with coffee, if it’s hot, | 我先喝热咖啡 |
[31:32] | and a sip of port. | 再来一小点波特酒 |
[31:34] | Right away, sir. | 就去 先生 |
[31:35] | And the Times? | 报纸呢 |
[31:37] | If you’d be so kind. | 好的 多谢你了 |
[32:56] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[32:58] | Please. | 求你 |
[33:35] | – Miss? – What is it, Annie? | – 小姐 – 怎么了 安妮 |
[33:37] | Your manuscript was delivered this morning by Sir Thomas Sharpe, | 托马斯·夏普爵士今早送来了您的手稿 |
[33:40] | but I didn’t want to wake you early. | 但我不想太早叫醒您 |
[33:42] | It’s all the same, Annie. Thank you. | 无所谓 安妮 谢谢了 |
[33:44] | Just leave it there. | 就放那儿吧 |
[33:47] | The letter too? | 信也是吗 |
[33:51] | Yes, the letter too. | 是的 信也是 |
[34:12] | Dear Edith. | 亲爱的伊迪丝 |
[34:13] | By the time you read this, I will be gone. | 等你读到信时 我就已经走了 |
[34:16] | Your father made evident to me | 你父亲明确地向我表示 |
[34:17] | that in my present economic condition, | 凭我目前的经济状况 |
[34:19] | I was not in a position to provide for you. | 根本无力养活你 |
[34:22] | – And to this I agreed. – Annie! | – 这我同意 – 安妮 |
[34:24] | – He also asked me to break your heart. – My coat! | – 他还叫我伤透你的心 – 我的大衣 |
[34:27] | To take the blame. | 做导致我们分别的恶人 |
[34:30] | And to this I agreed too. | 这我也同意了 |
[34:33] | By this time, surely I have accomplished both tasks. | 此时 我相信我两样都已经做到了 |
[34:37] | But know this. | 但是你要知道 |
[34:39] | When I can prove to your father | 等我可以像你父亲证明 |
[34:41] | that all I ask of him is his consent and nothing more, | 我只求他的同意 别无他求 |
[34:45] | then, and only then, will I come back for you. | 只有到那时 我才会回来找你 |
[34:48] | Yours ever, Thomas. | 永远属于你的 托马斯 |
[34:51] | Thomas and Lucille Sharpe. | 托马斯和露西尔·夏普 |
[34:53] | Uh, room 107 and 108. | 107和108号房间 |
[34:55] | But… but wait. Wait! | 不过… 等等 等等 |
[34:58] | Miss! Wait! | 小姐 等等 |
[35:02] | Thomas? | 托马斯 |
[35:03] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[35:08] | Uh, they, uh… they checked out this morning, miss, | 他们今早已经退房了 小姐 |
[35:11] | in time for the early train. | 赶早班火车 |
[35:14] | Are you all right, miss? | 您没事吧 小姐 |
[35:28] | Edith. | 伊迪丝 |
[35:32] | Lucille has gone. | 露西尔走了 |
[35:34] | Your father bribed me to leave. | 你父亲给我钱叫我走 |
[35:41] | I cannot leave you, Edith. | 但我不能离开你 伊迪丝 |
[35:44] | In fact, I find myself thinking of you even at the most… | 事实上 我总是忍不住想起你 |
[35:49] | inopportune moments of the day. | 甚至在最不合时宜的时候 |
[35:52] | I feel as if a… | 我觉得好像 |
[35:54] | a link exists between your heart and mine. | 我们的心被联系在了一起 |
[35:58] | And should that link be broken either by distance or by time, | 如果时间或距离切断了这份联系 |
[36:04] | then my heart would cease to beat and I would die. | 那我的心就会停跳 我会死去 |
[36:09] | And you… | 而你 |
[36:12] | – you’d soon forget about me. – Never. | – 你会很快将我遗忘 – 绝不会 |
[36:15] | I would never forget you. | 我永远不会忘记你 |
[37:02] | I’m afraid you’ll have to identify the body, Edith. | 恐怕你得辨认尸体 伊迪丝 |
[37:06] | There’s no other way. | 没有别的办法 |
[37:12] | Wait! | 慢着 |
[37:17] | I came as soon as I heard. | 我一听说就赶来了 |
[37:19] | Edith, don’t look at him. | 伊迪丝 别看他 |
[37:21] | I’ll give you a positive identification. | 我会帮你确认身份 |
[37:23] | That is not possible. | 这不可能 |
[37:26] | I was his physician, Ferguson. You know that. | 我是他的医生 弗格森 你知道的 |
[37:27] | And I am his lawyer, Dr. McMichael. | 我是他的律师 麦克迈克尔医生 |
[37:30] | I’m sorry. This is not a legal formality. | 抱歉 但这不是法律手续 |
[37:32] | It’s obligatory, I’m afraid. | 而是义务 |
[37:42] | – How did it happen? – Apparently, he was alone. | – 怎么回事 – 据说他当时一个人 |
[37:46] | The floor was wet. Uh, no one really knows. | 而地板很湿 其实没人清楚 |
[37:48] | May I, sir? | 我能看看吗 先生 |
[38:03] | Help me turn him. | 帮我把他翻过来 |
[38:05] | Don’t touch him like that. | 别那么碰他 |
[38:07] | Stop! Don’t touch him like that! That’s my father! | 住手 别那么碰他 他是我父亲 |
[38:10] | Forgive me. I was… | 原谅我 我是想… |
[38:13] | He’s turning 60 next week. | 他下周就要到花甲之年了 |
[38:16] | He’s afraid of looking his age, you see. | 他怕显老 |
[38:21] | That’s why he dresses so well. | 所以老穿得那么堂皇 |
[38:25] | Why he likes taking long walks. | 老去散步很久 |
[38:31] | His hand feels cold. | 他的手好凉 |
[38:39] | Why is it so cold? | 为什么那么凉啊 |
[38:48] | I’m here for you now. I’m here. | 有我呢 有我呢 |
[39:53] | Ah, young master Sharpe. | 夏普老爷 |
[39:55] | Hello, Finlay. How have you been keeping? | 你好 芬利 你怎么样啊 |
[39:58] | Never better, Sir Thomas. | 好极了 托马斯爵士 |
[39:59] | – Finlay, this is my wife. – I know, my lord. I know. | – 芬利 这是我妻子 – 我知道 老爷 |
[40:02] | You’ve been married a while. | 您都结婚好一阵了 |
[40:05] | A while? What is he talking about? | 好一阵 他说什么呢 |
[40:08] | I’m not sure what he was talking about. | 我也不知道 |
[40:09] | – His family worked for ours for centuries. – Who is this? | – 他们家几代人都为我们家族工作 – 这是谁 |
[40:12] | You never told me about him. | 你没跟我提过他 |
[40:14] | Oh, he has a collar. | 他有项圈 |
[40:16] | – Is he a stray, you think? – That’s impossible. | – 是走丢了吗 – 不可能 |
[40:18] | There’s no other house for miles, | 附近几英里内没有别的人家 |
[40:19] | and the town’s half a day’s walk away. | 而小镇要半日才能走到 |
[40:21] | Oh, the poor thing. He’s famished. | 真可怜 他都饿坏了 |
[40:25] | – Can we keep it? – As you wish. | – 我们留下他吧 – 好 |
[40:28] | Now, your ladyship, may I have the honor? | 好了 夫人 能容我抱您进门吗 |
[40:33] | Take the lady’s belongings. | 把夫人的东西卸下来 |
[40:34] | I will grab master’s. | 我来拿老爷的 |
[40:36] | Take the horses for their feed after we finish here. | 等搬完了带马去进食 |
[40:52] | Goodness. How many rooms are there? | 老天 这里有多少房间 |
[40:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:57] | Would you like to count them? | 你想数数吗 |
[41:01] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[41:03] | Does it look the part? | 看上去像样吗 |
[41:05] | It does. | 是啊 |
[41:07] | Although it’s even colder inside than out. | 但屋里比外面还冷 |
[41:09] | I know. It’s a disgrace. | 是啊 真遗憾 |
[41:11] | We try to maintain the house as best we can, | 我们尽力维持宅子 |
[41:13] | but with the cold and the rain, | 但天气冷 加上雨淋 |
[41:15] | it’s impossible to stop the damp and erosion. | 根本无法抵挡潮湿和腐蚀 |
[41:18] | And with the mines right below, | 加上脚下就是红土矿 |
[41:20] | well, the wood is rotting and the house is sinking. | 木头都在腐烂 房子在往下沉 |
[41:25] | – Take it upstairs, young master? – Oh, yes, please. | – 拿上楼吗 老爷 – 是的 谢谢 |
[41:29] | This one goes to the dressing room. Let me show you. | 这个箱子搬去更衣室 我带你去吧 |
[41:31] | But how do you manage this house? Just you and Lucille? | 这房子你怎么打理得来啊 就你和露西尔 |
[41:35] | It’s a privilege we were born into | 这是我们与生俱来的特权 |
[41:37] | and one we can never relinquish. | 但我们却永远不能放弃 |
[41:39] | But we manage somehow, my darling. | 但我们还是应付下来了 亲爱的 |
[41:41] | My workshop’s in the attic. | 我的工作室在阁楼 |
[41:43] | I can’t wait to show you. | 真等不及带你去看了 |
[41:46] | Please, Finlay, would you take my bags to the attic? | 芬利 能把我的包送去阁楼吗 |
[41:48] | I’ll be up shortly. | 我就上去 |
[42:24] | Lucille? | 露西尔 |
[42:29] | Look, these curtains have been closed for too long. | 这些窗帘太久没拉开过了 |
[42:31] | Would you bring that over here? | 你能把那个拿过来吗 |
[42:58] | Where did you get this? | 这是哪来的 |
[43:01] | Thomas, I saw a woman in the elevator. | 托马斯 我在电梯里看到个女人 |
[43:05] | – A woman? You mean Lucille? – No, it wasn’t Lucille. | – 女人 露西尔吗 – 不是露西尔 |
[43:08] | Must’ve been a shadow. That contraption has a mind of its own. | 肯定是影子 那东西主意大着呢 |
[43:10] | The wires are affected by the damp in the house. | 电线受房子的湿气影响 |
[43:13] | Connects to the Clay pits, you see. | 这电梯是通向红土坑的 |
[43:14] | And never, ever go below this level. | 千万别去这层以下 |
[43:18] | What’s this thing doing here? | 这东西怎么在这儿 |
[43:20] | Lucille. | 露西尔 |
[43:21] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[43:29] | – Welcome, Edith. – Thank you. | – 欢迎 伊迪丝 – 谢谢 |
[43:33] | Well, I went to the post office. | 我去过了邮局 |
[43:36] | Your machine parts are here from Birmingham. | 你的机器部件要从伯明翰寄来了 |
[43:38] | – You’ll need Finlay to fetch them. – Excellent. | – 你叫芬利去取吧 – 太好了 |
[43:40] | Is something the matter with you, Edith? | 你怎么了 伊迪丝 |
[43:42] | – Something startled me, that’s all. – A shadow. | – 我被吓了一跳而已 – 是个影子 |
[43:45] | All that lives in this house are shadows | 这房子里净是影子 |
[43:48] | and creaks and groans. | 嘎吱声和鬼叫 |
[43:50] | So you better soothe that boundless imagination of yours. | 你最好控制一下你无垠的想象 |
[43:53] | I just need a proper welcome, that’s all. | 我就是需要个热情的迎接 |
[43:55] | From now on, I want this house to contain | 从今起 我希望这家里 |
[43:57] | nothing but friendship and love and warmth. | 充满友谊 爱和温暖 |
[44:03] | Warmth would be an excellent start. | 先从温暖开始也好 |
[44:07] | Thomas, your bride is frozen. | 托马斯 你的新娘子冻得冰凉呢 |
[44:09] | Of course. Forgive me. | 当然 抱歉 |
[44:11] | Let’s go upstairs, start a fire at once. | 我们上楼去 马上生个火 |
[44:13] | I’ll run you a hot bath. | 我去给你放个热水澡 |
[44:14] | The pipes will run red at first because of the Clay, | 因为红土的关系 一开始会出红水 |
[44:17] | but soon the water will clear. | 流会儿就清了 |
[44:19] | Oh, Lucille, when it’s convenient, | 露西尔 回头方便的时候 |
[44:21] | would you mind getting me a copy of the house keys, please? | 可以给我一副家里的钥匙吗 |
[44:24] | You don’t need one. | 你不需要 |
[44:26] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[44:27] | There are parts of the house that are unsafe. | 这房子有些地方不安全 |
[44:29] | It will take you a few days to familiarize yourself. | 你得先花几天时间熟悉环境 |
[44:32] | Then, should you still feel you need them, I’ll have copies made. | 到时如果你还觉得需要钥匙 我会再去做 |
[44:38] | Come on, Edith. Come with me. | 走吧 伊迪丝 跟我来 |
[44:40] | Let’s take you upstairs. | 我带你上楼 |
[45:07] | I thought you said the dog was dead. | 你不是说狗死了吗 |
[45:11] | I left it out there on its own. | 我把它一个人留在外面了 |
[45:14] | Thought it would perish in the cold. | 以为它会冻死呢 |
[45:16] | How has it survived all this time? | 它怎么能活这么久 |
[45:19] | On scraps, I suppose. | 吃残羹冷炙吧 |
[45:22] | – As we all do. – Well, you needn’t worry. | – 我们也是 – 你不用担心 |
[45:24] | We won’t have to do that anymore. | 我们再不用那么拮据了 |
[45:26] | Won’t we? Her money’s not here, is it? | 是吗 她的钱不还没到呢吗 |
[45:29] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[45:31] | – You have to trust me. – You chose her. | – 你得信任我 – 你选了她 |
[45:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[45:51] | All right. | 好吧 |
[45:53] | Okay, ready? Fetch. | 准备好了吗 去捡 |
[46:02] | Come on. | 快来 |
[46:03] | To my hand. Come on. To my hand. Good boy. | 到我手边来 来啊 到我手边来 真乖 |
[46:06] | Come on. | 过来 |
[46:09] | Fetch. | 去捡 |
[47:36] | Where’s your ball? | 球呢 |
[47:38] | Did you lose your ball? | 你把球弄丢了吗 |
[47:41] | Where’d it go? Hey, where’s the ball, eh? | 球哪去了 球哪去了啊 |
[48:03] | This will make you feel better. | 这会让你舒服点 |
[48:05] | – What is it? – Firethorn berries. | – 是什么 – 火棘浆果 |
[48:09] | They’re very good for you. | 对你有好处 |
[48:12] | You don’t like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[48:16] | It’s a little bitter. | 有点苦 |
[48:18] | I’m afraid nothing gentle ever grows in this land. | 恐怕这片土地上长不出温存的东西 |
[48:21] | You need a measure of bitterness… | 你得苦一点 |
[48:25] | not to be eaten. | 才不会被吞噬 |
[48:32] | What was that? | 那是什么声 |
[48:34] | That’s the east wind. | 是东风 |
[48:37] | When it picks up, the chimneys form a vacuum, and | 风一刮 烟囱里会形成真空 |
[48:41] | with the windows all shuttered up, the house… | 加上窗子都紧闭 整个房子 |
[48:44] | well, the house breathes. | 房子会喘息 |
[48:49] | It’s ghastly, I know. | 是挺吓人的 |
[48:51] | Now, come here. | 过来吧 |
[48:53] | I’ll have a bath, I think. | 我要去洗个澡 |
[48:55] | And if you do happen to fall asleep, I won’t wake you. | 如果你睡着了 我就不吵醒你了 |
[49:57] | “To the hills we raise our eyes.” | “我们抬眼望向群山” |
[50:01] | I’m sorry. I interrupted you. | 抱歉 我打扰到你了 |
[50:06] | That music, what is it? | 这音乐 是什么 |
[50:11] | An old lullaby I used to sing to Thomas when we were young. | 我们小时候我会唱给托马斯听的摇篮曲 |
[50:14] | I can imagine the two of you in here as children. | 我能想象你俩小时候在这里的样子 |
[50:18] | You playing music and | 你弹着琴 |
[50:19] | Thomas coming up with wild inventions. | 托马斯研究各种发明 |
[50:22] | We were not allowed in here as children. | 我们小时候是不许来这儿玩的 |
[50:25] | We were confined to the nursery. | 只能待在育儿室 |
[50:28] | In the attic. | 在阁楼上 |
[50:30] | Mother played the piano sometimes. | 母亲有时会弹钢琴 |
[50:35] | We’d hear her through the floor. | 我们能隔着地板听到琴声 |
[50:39] | That’s how we knew she was back in the country. | 这样我们就知道她从乡间回来了 |
[50:47] | Mother. | 母亲啊 |
[50:49] | She looks quite… | 她看上去挺… |
[50:51] | Horrible? | 吓人吗 |
[50:54] | Yes. | 没错 |
[50:58] | It’s an excellent likeness. | 画得很像 |
[51:01] | I like to think she can see us from up there. | 我喜欢认为她在那儿能看到我们 |
[51:04] | I don’t want her to miss a single thing we do. | 我不希望她错过我们做的任何一件事 |
[51:09] | Are all of these books yours? | 这些书都是你的吗 |
[51:11] | Mother collected most of these. | 大部分是母亲收藏的 |
[51:15] | Have you heard of a fore-edge illustration? | 你听说过前切口插图吗 |
[51:19] | No. | 没有 |
[51:20] | There are images hidden in the book’s fore edge. | 是隐藏在书前切口里的图案 |
[51:24] | Carefully dissimulated until you bend the pages. | 隐藏得很好 你要弯曲书页才能看到 |
[51:28] | So… secrets everywhere. | 瞧 到处有秘密 |
[51:33] | Well, this can’t shock you | 这应该不会吓到你 |
[51:35] | now that Thomas and you… | 你和托马斯都已经… |
[51:40] | He was very respectful of my mourning. | 他很尊重我的服丧 |
[51:42] | Nothing happened. | 我们没做什么 |
[51:45] | We traveled in separate cabins. | 我们一路上也是分舱睡 |
[51:48] | How considerate. | 真体贴 |
[51:50] | In time, | 日后 |
[51:53] | everything will be right. | 一切都会步入正轨 |
[51:58] | It’s a pity to liquidate all this so quickly. | 这么快就变卖一切真是可惜 |
[52:02] | So soon. | 这么急 |
[52:04] | Too soon, don’t you think? | 太急了点 不是吗 |
[52:06] | All a matter of opinion, it seems. | 看你怎么看了 |
[52:09] | I will need these crates shipped. | 这些箱子要运走 |
[52:12] | And to make sure we get our invoice, | 为确保拿到收据 |
[52:14] | you will send them to me. | 请给我寄来 |
[52:21] | “Thomas Sharpe, | “托马斯·夏普 |
[52:25] | baronet.” | 准男爵” |
[52:49] | Come on, doggy. Come on. | 来啊 狗狗 来啊 |
[54:08] | You like my workshop, Edith? | 喜欢我的工作室吗 伊迪丝 |
[54:10] | It’s wonderful. | 真漂亮 |
[54:15] | Did you make all of these? | 这都是你做的吗 |
[54:17] | I used to carve toys for Lucille. | 我以前会给露西尔做玩具 |
[54:21] | And make little trinkets to keep her happy. | 还有些其他小玩意 好逗她开心 |
[54:23] | Were you alone here in the attic all the time? | 你们当年一直独自待在阁楼上吗 |
[54:28] | Father was always traveling. | 父亲总外出旅行 |
[54:30] | The family fortune didn’t lose itself. | 家族财产不是自己败光的 |
[54:33] | Papa really had to put his back into it. | 爸爸可是十分卖力呢 |
[54:52] | It’s wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[54:56] | You’re so different. | 你真是不一样 |
[54:59] | From who? | 跟谁不一样 |
[55:01] | From… from everyone. | 跟谁都不一样 |
[55:33] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[55:34] | I thought I heard a noise. | 我好像听到了什么 |
[55:40] | We were hoping you were here. | 我们还希望你会过来呢 |
[55:42] | I found him wandering the hallway. | 我发现他在走廊里乱跑 |
[55:45] | – Made us some tea. – Oh, you’re too kind. | – 我泡了茶 – 多谢你了 |
[55:46] | Don’t mention it. We needed the company. | 没事 我们也想要人陪陪 |
[55:54] | Thomas? | 托马斯 |
[55:56] | Uh, not for me, thank you. | 我不要了 谢谢 |
[55:59] | Drink your tea. | 喝茶吧 |
[56:02] | It’ll warm you. | 能暖身子 |
[56:22] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[56:56] | Thomas? | 托马斯 |
[57:34] | How did you get in there, you silly doggy? | 你怎么进那里去的 你个傻狗狗 |
[58:10] | Wax cylinder recordings. | 蜡桶唱片 |
[59:11] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[59:51] | Enola. | 伊诺拉 |
[1:00:01] | – Keep her steady, Finlay. – Yes, sir. | – 稳住她 芬利 – 是 老爷 |
[1:00:06] | We need more coal, Finlay. | 我们需要添煤 芬利 |
[1:00:07] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:00:10] | Thomas! Thomas. | 托马斯 托马斯 |
[1:00:14] | Thomas, listen, I need to talk to you. | 托马斯 听我说 我得跟你谈谈 |
[1:00:15] | Well, Edith. Now’s not a good time. Lucille is inside. | 伊迪丝 我现在没时间 露西尔在屋里 |
[1:00:18] | – She can show you the house… – I don’t want to talk to Lucille. | – 她可以带你看房子 – 我不想跟露西尔谈 |
[1:00:20] | – I wanna talk to you. – Very well. What is it? | – 我想跟你谈 – 好吧 什么事 |
[1:00:24] | Listen, has anyone died in this house? | 听我说 这房子里死过人吗 |
[1:00:28] | Edith, the house is hundreds of years old. | 伊迪丝 这房子有几百年历史了 |
[1:00:31] | I’d venture many souls have come and gone. | 肯定有不少人曾在这儿降生和离世 |
[1:00:33] | But I mean specific deaths, violent deaths. | 我是指特定的死亡 惨死 |
[1:00:36] | – Master Sharpe? – Edith, | – 夏普老爷 – 伊迪丝 |
[1:00:37] | now is really not a good time. | 我现在真的挺忙的 |
[1:00:40] | Try it again, Finlay! | 再试试 芬利 |
[1:00:55] | This way. | 这样 |
[1:00:58] | There. Should feel better soon. | 好了 很快就会好起来了 |
[1:01:03] | My hands are getting rough. Your father would approve. | 我的手变糙了 你父亲会喜欢的 |
[1:01:09] | My machine will never work. | 我的机器根本不可能运转起来 |
[1:01:12] | Never. Why do I keep deluding myself? | 不可能的 我为什么还老骗自己 |
[1:01:16] | Why did I bring you here? | 我为什么要带你来这儿 |
[1:01:18] | Who did you marry? | 你嫁给了什么人 |
[1:01:20] | A failure. | 一个失败者 |
[1:01:21] | Don’t say that. | 别那么说 |
[1:01:23] | You’re all that I have. | 你是我的一切了 |
[1:01:28] | The men leave at nightfall. | 他们傍晚就走 |
[1:01:30] | We’ll be racing against the snow. | 我们得跟雪抢时间了 |
[1:01:33] | Soon we won’t be able to make any progress. | 很快我们就没法工作了 |
[1:01:36] | That’s when you’ll find out why they call this Crimson Peak. | 那时你就会知道这里为什么被叫做猩红山峰 |
[1:01:45] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[1:01:47] | Crimson Peak. That’s what they call it. | 猩红山峰 他们就这么喊 |
[1:01:50] | The ore in the red Clay | 红土的矿石 |
[1:01:51] | leach up from the ground and stain the snow. | 会渗到地面上来 把雪染红 |
[1:01:53] | It turns bright red, so “Crimson Peak.” | 变得一片鲜红 所以被称为 “猩红山峰” |
[1:02:12] | So you asked to see me. | 你要见我 |
[1:02:15] | Perhaps it all ended for the best. | 或许这样的结局也好 |
[1:02:17] | Edith seems to have found happiness. Don’t you agree? | 伊迪丝似乎找到了幸福 你说呢 |
[1:02:20] | I wouldn’t know. I haven’t heard a word. | 我可不知道 我完全没她的消息 |
[1:02:23] | I have. | 我收到了 |
[1:02:24] | She has asked me to transfer all her assets to England. | 她叫我把她的资产都转去英国 |
[1:02:27] | Seems to be investing all of it in that Clay machine of his, | 似乎都要投在他那台挖土机上 |
[1:02:31] | and I have no recourse but to obey. | 我只能从命 |
[1:02:32] | There’s something about all this, Ferguson. | 这整件事不对劲 弗格森 |
[1:02:35] | The manner of Cushing’s death, the impact on his head. | 库辛的死法 他头部受到的撞击 |
[1:02:39] | The last check Cushing made was to Sir Thomas Sharpe. | 库辛最后写的一张支票是给托马斯·夏普爵士的 |
[1:02:43] | If I may confide. | 容我说一句 |
[1:02:44] | Before Cushing died, he hired a New York man, | 库辛死前 他雇了个纽约人 |
[1:02:47] | a Mr…. Mr. Holly. | 霍利先生 |
[1:02:49] | Now, he digs up these unsavory facts. | 他挖出了什么丑事 |
[1:02:53] | The fact that this Holly got involved in all this | 单是霍利会卷进来 |
[1:02:56] | just gives me pause. | 就让我觉得不对劲 |
[1:03:36] | Thomas? | 托马斯 |
[1:03:51] | If you’re here with me, give me a signal. | 如果你在 给我个信号吧 |
[1:04:02] | Touch my hand. | 摸摸我的手 |
[1:05:42] | Leave here now. | 快走 |
[1:05:44] | Thomas! Thomas! | 托马斯 托马斯 |
[1:05:50] | Edith. | 伊迪丝 |
[1:05:55] | His blood will be on your hands. | 他的血将沾在你手上 |
[1:06:01] | – Edith! – Thomas! | – 伊迪丝 – 托马斯 |
[1:06:03] | Thomas, come quick! | 托马斯 快来 |
[1:06:04] | – A woman in the corridor, – Edith, what’s the matter? | – 走廊里有个女人 – 伊迪丝 怎么了 |
[1:06:05] | there! | 在那边 |
[1:06:10] | There was such a hatred in her eyes… | 她眼睛里充满了恨意 |
[1:06:12] | and intelligence. | 和灵性 |
[1:06:14] | She knows who I am and she wants me to leave. | 她知道我是谁 她要我离开 |
[1:06:16] | Nonsense, my dear. | 别瞎说 亲爱的 |
[1:06:18] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪都不会去 |
[1:06:20] | You had a bad dream. | 你就是做了噩梦 |
[1:06:22] | – You were sleepwalking. – No! | – 你刚刚是在梦游 – 不是的 |
[1:06:24] | I’m afraid I shall go mad if I stay. | 我如果继续留在这儿 怕是会疯的 |
[1:06:26] | My darling, you’re imagining things. | 亲爱的 那是你的想象 |
[1:06:29] | Tomorrow, why don’t we go out? | 明天 我们出去吧 |
[1:06:31] | Uh, to the post office. I think some fresh air will do you good. | 去邮局 新鲜空气对你应该会有好处 |
[1:06:36] | No. | 不 |
[1:06:37] | I have to leave. I have to get away from here. | 我得离开 我得离开这里 |
[1:06:40] | Edith, this is your home now. | 伊迪丝 这里就是你的家了 |
[1:06:44] | You have nowhere else to go. | 你没有别处可去 |
[1:06:53] | What is she doing? How could she know about mother? | 她怎么回事 她怎么会知道母亲的事 |
[1:06:57] | I have no idea. I haven’t told her a thing. | 我不知道 我什么都没跟她说 |
[1:06:59] | What’s she trying to do? | 她想干什么 |
[1:07:00] | I don’t know. She’s in quite a state. | 我不知道 她吓得不轻 |
[1:07:04] | Tomorrow, | 明天 |
[1:07:06] | I’ll go to the depot, | 我要去驿站 |
[1:07:07] | pick up the machine parts and take her with me. | 取机器部件 也带上她 |
[1:07:09] | Let her get some fresh air. | 让她呼吸呼吸新鲜空气 |
[1:07:11] | Yes. Get her out of here. | 好 带她离开吧 |
[1:07:14] | Once she signs the final papers, I want this over with. | 等她把文件都签好 就了结这件事 |
[1:07:29] | This is a valve controller I had fabricated in Glasgow. | 这是我在格拉斯哥订制的阀门控制器 |
[1:07:33] | This could make all the difference. | 能决定一切 |
[1:07:35] | Think lucky thoughts, Edith. | 往好的方面想吧 伊迪丝 |
[1:07:37] | The Sharpe mines might reopen if this thing cooperates. | 这东西如果好使 夏普矿井或许能重开 |
[1:07:40] | Mr. Sharpe? | 夏普先生 |
[1:07:41] | Ah, excellent. Thank you. | 太棒了 谢谢 |
[1:07:44] | You’re lady Sharpe, then? | 您是夏普夫人吧 |
[1:07:45] | Forgive me, mum, but there’s a few letters for you. | 抱歉 这里有几封给您的信 |
[1:07:49] | Two of them are certified letters from your solicitor. | 两封是您律师的挂号信 |
[1:07:53] | Um, and another one comes all the way from Milan, Italy. | 还有一封从意大利米兰远道而来 |
[1:07:58] | I don’t know anyone in Italy. | 我在意大利没有熟人 |
[1:08:00] | Respectfully, your ladyship, it’s apparent that you do. | 无意冒犯 夫人 但貌似是有呢 |
[1:08:06] | Edith, the storm’s picking up. | 伊迪丝 暴风雪要刮起来了 |
[1:08:09] | We ought to leave soon. | 我们得赶紧走了 |
[1:08:10] | Otherwise we won’t make it back to the house. | 否则赶不回家了 |
[1:08:12] | If you need to stay the night, Sir Thomas, | 如果您需要留宿 托马斯爵士 |
[1:08:13] | we’ve a small room downstairs. | 我们楼下有小房间 |
[1:08:16] | Why not? | 留下吧 |
[1:08:21] | And you’re sure this is their forwarding address? | 你确定这是他们的转递地址吗 |
[1:08:22] | Thomas and Lucille Sharpe? | 托马斯和露西尔·夏普 |
[1:08:24] | Yes, in Cumberland, England, sir. | 是的 在英国 坎伯兰郡 先生 |
[1:08:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:08:28] | Dr. McMichael. | 麦克迈克尔医生 |
[1:08:31] | Mr. Holly. | 霍利先生 |
[1:08:32] | At your service, sir. | 为您效劳 先生 |
[1:08:36] | Did you bring the copy of the information? | 你带来资料的副本了吗 |
[1:08:43] | Took some time to obtain that newspaper clipping. | 那张简报花了点时间才弄到手 |
[1:08:45] | 阿勒戴尔庄园发生令人震惊的惨案 碧翠丝·亚历山德拉·夏普女士被残忍杀害于浴缸中 居民们人心惶惶 | |
[1:08:48] | It’s damn gruesome, if you ask me. | 要我说 简直太可怕了 |
[1:08:51] | It’s a shame the only | 可惜我当时 |
[1:08:52] | relevant information I could pass to Mr. Cushing | 只能给库辛先生 |
[1:08:55] | were the civil documents, but | 一些民事文件 |
[1:08:57] | it was enough to impede any further relationship | 但也足以阻止托马斯爵士 |
[1:08:59] | between Sir Thomas and Miss Cushing. | 和库辛小姐发展进一步关系了 |
[1:09:03] | Prevent them from marrying. | 让他们不能结婚 |
[1:09:06] | Why was that? | 为什么 |
[1:09:08] | Because, you see, | 因为 瞧 |
[1:09:10] | Sir Thomas is already married. | 托马斯爵士已经结过婚了 |
[1:09:17] | This fellow Cavendish… your hero… | 这个卡文迪许 你的主角 |
[1:09:20] | there’s a darkness to him. I like him. | 他有阴暗面 我喜欢他 |
[1:09:24] | Does he make it all the way through? | 他能活到最后吗 |
[1:09:25] | – It’s entirely up to him. – What do you mean? | – 这要看他自己了 – 什么意思 |
[1:09:27] | Well, characters talk to you. They transform. | 角色会跟你对话 他们会改变 |
[1:09:30] | They make choices. | 做出选择 |
[1:09:33] | Choices. | 选择 |
[1:09:34] | As to who they become. | 选择他们变成什么样 |
[1:09:41] | Well… | 好了… |
[1:09:43] | this is rather dismal, I’m sorry to say. | 真抱歉 这里不怎么样 |
[1:09:45] | – But at least it’s warm. – Oh, I like it much better. | – 但至少挺暖和 – 我更喜欢这里 |
[1:09:48] | Better than what? | 胜过哪里 |
[1:09:50] | Better than the house. | 胜过大宅 |
[1:09:53] | Why don’t we leave? | 我们离开吧 |
[1:09:55] | The house is all we have. | 那栋大宅是我们的全部了 |
[1:09:59] | I left everything I was behind. | 我把我曾经的一切都抛下了 |
[1:10:02] | Everything I had. | 我曾拥有的一切 |
[1:10:04] | We could live anywhere you want. | 我们可以住在你喜欢的任何地方 |
[1:10:05] | Anywhere? | 任何地方吗 |
[1:10:06] | – London. – London. | – 伦敦 – 伦敦 |
[1:10:07] | – Paris. – Paris is beautiful. | – 巴黎 – 巴黎很美 |
[1:10:11] | Milan. | 米兰 |
[1:10:18] | Have you ever been to Italy? | 你去过意大利吗 |
[1:10:21] | Yes, I have. Once. | 是的 去过 |
[1:10:28] | The past, Thomas. | 托马斯 过去 |
[1:10:30] | You’re always looking to the past. | 你总回首过去 |
[1:10:33] | You won’t find me there. | 那里是没有我的 |
[1:10:36] | I’m here. | 我在这儿 |
[1:10:38] | I’m here too. | 我也在这儿 |
[1:12:10] | Finlay, help me carry the valve controller to my shop. | 芬利 帮我把阀门控制器搬去工作室 |
[1:12:12] | Lucille? | 露西尔 |
[1:12:16] | Lucille, we’re back. | 露西尔 我们回来了 |
[1:12:31] | I was making breakfast. | 我在做早餐呢 |
[1:12:33] | It was burning. I moved it. | 烧糊了 我给拿开了 |
[1:12:39] | Where were you? | 你们去哪了 |
[1:12:43] | We, uh… we got snowed in. | 我们被雪困住了 |
[1:12:46] | You didn’t come home last night. | 你们昨晚没回家 |
[1:12:48] | We spent the night at the depot. | 我们在驿站过的夜 |
[1:12:57] | You slept there? | 你们在那儿过夜了 |
[1:12:59] | What’s wrong with that, Lucille? He’s my husband. | 那有什么的 露西尔 他是我丈夫 |
[1:13:03] | This is all a game to you! | 这对你而言都是儿戏 |
[1:13:06] | I was frantic! | 我简直急坏了 |
[1:13:08] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[1:13:11] | You two… alone… | 就你们两个人 |
[1:13:15] | in the storm. | 困住暴风雪里 |
[1:13:20] | I didn’t know if you had an accident. | 我都不知道你们是不是出事故了 |
[1:13:30] | I was all alone. | 我一个人在这儿 |
[1:13:36] | I can’t be alone. | 我不能一个人待着 |
[1:13:41] | Are these from America? | 这是美国寄来的吗 |
[1:13:44] | I don’t feel well. | 我不太舒服 |
[1:13:47] | I’ll make you tea. | 我给你泡茶 |
[1:14:12] | That dreadful noise. | 那讨厌的声音 |
[1:14:15] | The more the house sinks, the worse it gets. | 这房子越往下沉 声音越响 |
[1:14:21] | We must do something about it. | 我们得想想办法 |
[1:14:34] | My dear Edith, | 亲爱的伊迪丝 |
[1:14:35] | please be advised that the first transfer of your father’s estate | 我想通知你 你父亲首批资产的转移 |
[1:14:38] | has been completed. | 已经完成 |
[1:14:40] | Now, the final transaction for the remaining sum | 剩余款项的最终转移 |
[1:14:42] | will require your signature on the document enclosed. | 需要你在随信附文件上签字 |
[1:14:46] | Yours very truly, William Ferguson. | 真诚的 威廉·弗格森 |
[1:15:13] | Enola. | 伊诺拉 |
[1:15:42] | – It’s working, Finlay. – Right, master. | – 好使了 芬利 – 嗯 老爷 |
[1:15:59] | A gramophone player. | 留声机 |
[1:16:11] | Milan. | 米兰 |
[1:16:14] | Edinburgh. | 爱丁堡 |
[1:16:16] | You’ve already tried and failed to raise capital | 你曾去过伦敦 爱丁堡和米兰 |
[1:16:19] | in London, Edinburgh, Milan, | 想要筹款但都失败了 |
[1:16:25] | and now you’re here. | 现在你又来到了这儿 |
[1:17:45] | Isn’t it beautiful? | 多美啊 |
[1:17:47] | It’s been working perfectly for an hour. | 已经正常运转一小时了 |
[1:17:50] | We’ve done it. | 我们成功了 |
[1:17:52] | We’ve done it, Lucille. | 我们成功了 露西尔 |
[1:17:56] | I can’t wait for Edith to see it. | 我真等不及叫伊迪丝来看了 |
[1:17:58] | Edith? | 伊迪丝 |
[1:18:01] | – I did this with you. – Yes, of course, you did. | – 这是我跟你一起做到的 – 当然了 |
[1:18:03] | – We did this together. – Lady Sharpe? | – 这是我们一起做到的 – 夏普小姐 |
[1:18:05] | No one else. | 没有别人了 |
[1:18:06] | We’ll need more coal to test the steamer. | 我们需要更多煤 好测试蒸汽机 |
[1:18:09] | Would you mind, Lucille? Sparing a bit more coal? | 可以吗 露西尔 再给我们点煤 |
[1:18:13] | Uh, you just need to give him the key. He’ll fetch it. | 你把钥匙给他就行 叫他去拿 |
[1:18:17] | Lucille? | 露西尔 |
[1:18:30] | Edith? | 伊迪丝 |
[1:18:36] | Edith? | 伊迪丝 |
[1:18:44] | Edith? | 伊迪丝 |
[1:19:05] | I want to apologize for my behavior this morning. | 我想为今早的事道歉 |
[1:19:07] | I was concerned that… | 我是担心… |
[1:19:10] | you didn’t drink your tea. | 你没喝茶 |
[1:19:12] | I don’t feel so well. | 我不太舒服 |
[1:19:15] | Would you mind bringing me some cold water? | 你能给我拿点凉水来吗 |
[1:19:23] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:19:37] | Have you had a chance to read your letters? | 你读过你的信了吗 |
[1:19:39] | Yes. Just some papers for me to sign, | 是的 就是律师寄来的文件 |
[1:19:43] | from my lawyers to finish the transfer of funds. | 完成转账需要我签字 |
[1:19:52] | I should let you rest. | 我不打扰你休息了 |
[1:19:59] | You’ll feel better soon. | 你很快就会好起来的 |
[1:20:47] | Let’s see what we have here. | 看看究竟是什么 |
[1:20:55] | This is Pamela Upton | 我是帕梅拉·厄普顿 |
[1:20:57] | testing the wax cylinder recording | 现在测试蜡桶唱片 |
[1:20:59] | bought in this most jubilant year, 1887, | 唱片于这喜庆的一年 1887年购得 |
[1:21:03] | for my beloved Thomas Sharpe. | 送给我亲爱的托马斯·夏普 |
[1:21:06] | Thomas, speak into the horn. Say something. | 托马斯 冲喇叭说话 说话啊 |
[1:21:10] | It’s a beautiful machine, Pamela, | 这机器很不错 帕梅拉 |
[1:21:11] | but no, thank you. | 但是 还是不了 |
[1:21:12] | I’d rather not. | 我不想说 |
[1:21:15] | Say something, Thomas. | 说句话嘛 托马斯 |
[1:21:17] | What do you want me to say, exactly? | 你要我说什么啊 |
[1:21:20] | Say… that you love me. | 说… 你爱我 |
[1:21:27] | Margaret McDermott. | 玛格丽特·麦克德莫特 |
[1:21:28] | Ding dong, bell. | 叮咚铃铛响 |
[1:21:30] | Kitty’s in the well. | 小猫井里叫 |
[1:21:33] | Who put her in? | 是谁把它放进去 |
[1:21:35] | Little Johnny Thin. | 瘦小鬼约翰尼 |
[1:21:37] | Who pulled her out? | 是谁把它弄出来 |
[1:21:40] | Little Johnny Stout. | 胖小伙约翰尼 |
[1:21:42] | Oh, what a naughty boy was that who tried to drown poor pussycat. | 好个调皮的男孩 想淹死那只小猫 |
[1:21:52] | Enola Sciotti. E.S. | 伊诺拉·肖蒂 ES |
[1:21:55] | We had plans to leave, but I can’t. | 我们本来说好要离开 但我走不了了 |
[1:21:59] | All they want is my money | 他们只想要我的钱 |
[1:22:01] | to work on that infernal machine of his. | 好研究他那台破机器 |
[1:22:04] | That’s all they care about. | 他们只在乎那个 |
[1:22:09] | I will hide these cylinders away | 我要把蜡桶藏起来 |
[1:22:11] | in the linen closet. | 藏在衣橱里 |
[1:22:14] | Should anyone find them, | 如果有人能找到 |
[1:22:15] | let it be known that they did this. | 要知道 这是他们干的 |
[1:22:25] | I must stop recording now. I can hear them coming. | 我得停止录音了 我能听到他们来了 |
[1:22:30] | A baby. | 孩子 |
[1:22:31] | To whoever finds this, know that they are killing me. | 不管是谁找到了这个 要知道 他们在害我 |
[1:22:35] | I’m dying. | 我要死了 |
[1:22:38] | The poison is in the tea. | 他们往茶里下毒了 |
[1:22:44] | Find my body. Take it home. | 找到我的尸体 带回家 |
[1:22:48] | I don’t want to die here. | 我不想死在这里 |
[1:22:52] | I have to get out of here. | 我得离开这里 |
[1:23:35] | You’re awake. | 你醒了 |
[1:23:39] | We found you at the bottom of the stairs. | 我们在楼梯下面发现了你 |
[1:23:42] | – Do you feel better? – I need to go to town. | – 你好些了吗 – 我得去趟镇上 |
[1:23:46] | – See a doctor. – Yes, of course. | – 去看医生 – 当然 |
[1:23:49] | – But I’m afraid we’re snowed in. – No. | – 但恐怕大雪封山了 – 不要 |
[1:23:56] | Then you must eat. | 那你吃东西吧 |
[1:24:00] | You must get stronger. | 你得强壮起来 |
[1:24:05] | I tended mother in this bed. | 我在这张床上照顾过母亲 |
[1:24:10] | Father | 我父亲 |
[1:24:12] | was a brute. | 很粗暴 |
[1:24:15] | He hated mother. | 他恨母亲 |
[1:24:19] | Broke her leg. | 打断了她的腿 |
[1:24:26] | Snapped it in two under his boot. | 用靴子踩成了两截 |
[1:24:30] | She never quite healed. | 她的伤一直没痊愈 |
[1:24:34] | She was bedridden for a long time. | 她卧床了很久 |
[1:24:40] | But I… | 但我 |
[1:24:43] | cared for her. | 一直照顾她 |
[1:24:47] | Fed her, | 喂她 |
[1:24:49] | bathed her, | 给她洗澡 |
[1:24:50] | combed her hair, | 给她梳头 |
[1:24:53] | rubbed liniment on her scars. | 给她的伤疤擦药膏 |
[1:24:59] | I made her better. | 我把她照顾好了 |
[1:25:05] | I’ll do the same with you. | 我也会这么照顾你 |
[1:25:09] | I’ll make you better. | 我会把你照顾好 |
[1:25:14] | May I have a moment alone with my wife? | 能让我单独跟我妻子待会儿吗 |
[1:25:22] | You’ll be out of this bed soon. | 你很快就能下床了 |
[1:25:26] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:25:43] | Don’t drink that. | 别喝那个 |
[1:25:47] | Never. | 再别喝那个了 |
[1:26:01] | Lucille, she’s very sick. She’s dying. | 露西尔 她病得很重 她要死了 |
[1:26:02] | Of course she’s dying. | 当然了 |
[1:26:04] | She knows everything. | 她什么都知道了 |
[1:26:08] | She stopped drinking the tea. | 她不肯喝茶了 |
[1:26:11] | Doesn’t matter. I put the poison in the porridge. | 不过没关系 我往粥里下毒了 |
[1:26:16] | Lucille, stop it! | 露西尔 够了 |
[1:26:19] | Do we have to do this? Must we? | 我们非得这么做吗 非做不可吗 |
[1:26:22] | Yes. | 当然 |
[1:26:25] | You have no idea what they’d do. | 你根本想不到他们会把我们怎么样 |
[1:26:28] | I would be taken from here. | 我会被带走 |
[1:26:32] | Locked away. | 关起来 |
[1:26:36] | You would be hanged. | 你会被绞死 |
[1:26:39] | We stay together. | 我们要待在一起 |
[1:26:41] | – Never apart. – Never apart. | – 永不分开 – 永不分开 |
[1:26:45] | You couldn’t leave me. | 你不可以离开我 |
[1:26:48] | – You wouldn’t. – I can’t. | – 你不会的 – 我不能 |
[1:26:54] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:26:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:27:13] | There’s a gentleman out there | 外面有位先生 |
[1:27:13] | asking for directions to Allerdale Hall. | 问去阿勒戴尔庄园的路 |
[1:27:15] | – At this hour? – Yeah. | – 这时候去啊 – 是的 |
[1:27:16] | Surely not. Can’t get there on that horse. | 不会吧 驾那马可上不去 |
[1:27:19] | It’s exhausted. | 它都已经累坏了 |
[1:27:21] | – Can I hire one from you? – We’re closed for the winter. | – 我能租一匹你的马吗 – 我们冬歇了 |
[1:27:25] | Can I get there on foot? | 那我能步行上去吗 |
[1:27:26] | It’s well over four hours following the road. | 顺路走要四小时呢 |
[1:27:30] | Then I’d better get going. | 那我得赶紧上路了 |
[1:27:32] | – Sir! – Meet me there after the storm. | – 先生 – 暴风雪过后上去找我 |
[1:28:15] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[1:28:19] | Your name is Enola Sciotti. | 你是伊诺拉·肖蒂 |
[1:28:25] | Tell me what you want from me. | 告诉我你想要我怎么样 |
[1:29:53] | It’s all out in the open now. No need to pretend. | 全都抖出来了 没必要再装了 |
[1:29:57] | This is who I am. This is who he is. | 我就是这样 他就是这样 |
[1:30:00] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[1:30:03] | – Don’t do it, Lucille! – I knew it. | – 别 露西尔 – 我就知道 |
[1:30:05] | – Someone’s at the door! – You’re not his sister! | – 门口有人 – 你不是他姐姐 |
[1:30:07] | That’s delightful. | 你真可爱 |
[1:30:11] | – I am. – Don’t do it! | – 我是他姐姐 – 别 |
[1:30:53] | Hello, Edith. | 你好 伊迪丝 |
[1:30:56] | Try not to move or talk just yet. You’re heavily sedated. | 先别动 别说话 我给你打了很多镇定剂 |
[1:31:01] | I needed to sedate you to set your leg. | 我必须给你打镇定剂好固定你的腿 |
[1:31:03] | You’re going to be fine. | 你不会有事的 |
[1:31:08] | Forgive me for dropping in unannounced. | 抱歉我这么突然跑来 |
[1:31:11] | Heaven-sent, as it turns out. | 倒是非常及时 |
[1:31:13] | I should have sent a wire, but… | 我该拍个电报的 但是 |
[1:31:16] | I thought you’d enjoy the surprise. | 我觉得你们可能会喜欢惊喜 |
[1:31:18] | It’s a miracle. We didn’t know what to do. | 真是个奇迹 我们不知道该如何是好 |
[1:31:20] | She’s so ill. Delirious. | 她病得好重 神志不清 |
[1:31:23] | – Then she fell down the stairs. – She spoke to me. | – 然后她摔下了楼梯 – 她跟我说话了 |
[1:31:26] | – Who spoke to you? – My mother. | – 谁 – 我母亲 |
[1:31:29] | She was delivering a warning. | 她给了我一个警告 |
[1:31:31] | Crimson Peak. | 猩红山峰 |
[1:31:34] | Delirious, you see? Poor thing. | 瞧 都胡言乱语了 小可怜 |
[1:31:37] | Yes. I see. | 是啊 没错 |
[1:31:43] | – Here. Try to drink. – No, not that. | – 来 喝点吧 – 不 不喝那个 |
[1:31:48] | Not that. | 不喝那个 |
[1:31:49] | You will stay here with us, won’t you? | 你会留下来吧 |
[1:31:53] | Wait for the storm to pass. | 等暴风雪过去的 |
[1:31:55] | If you insist. | 如果你坚持的话 |
[1:31:57] | But now I need a moment alone with my patient. | 但现在我想单独跟病人待会儿 |
[1:32:00] | We’ll leave you then, doctor. | 那我们不打扰了 医生 |
[1:32:06] | Edith, listen to me. | 伊迪丝 听我说 |
[1:32:09] | I’m here to take you away. | 我是来带你走的 |
[1:32:12] | You hear? I’m taking you with me now. | 听到了吗 我要马上带你走 |
[1:32:16] | Somebody has to stop him. | 得有人去阻止他 |
[1:32:18] | Lucille, please. | 露西尔 求你 |
[1:32:21] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[1:32:23] | I just want to know, brother. | 我只想知道 弟弟 |
[1:32:26] | Is it going to be you this time? | 这次会是你来吗 |
[1:32:29] | Show me you can stand up. | 你还能站起来吧 |
[1:32:35] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:32:41] | I won’t let them harm you. | 我不会让他们伤害你的 |
[1:32:49] | I’m gonna find you a coat. | 我去给你找件衣服 |
[1:32:50] | – Don’t go. – I’ll be right back. | – 别走 – 我就回来 |
[1:32:52] | Things are getting a bit emotional, I see, doctor. | 情绪有点激动了啊 医生 |
[1:32:56] | She’s exhausted. | 她筋疲力尽 |
[1:32:58] | She’s showing signs of anemia. | 而且有贫血的迹象 |
[1:33:01] | – I’m gonna take her to a hospital. – That won’t be necessary. | – 我要带她去医院 – 没那个必要 |
[1:33:11] | I’m afraid it is. | 恐怕有必要 |
[1:33:15] | You’ve been poisoning her. | 你们一直在给她下毒 |
[1:33:20] | Edith. | 伊迪丝 |
[1:33:22] | Front page. The Cumberland Ledger. | 《坎伯兰记事报》头版 |
[1:33:26] | Lady Beatrice Sharpe was murdered in the bathtub. | 碧翠丝夏普夫人被杀死在浴缸里 |
[1:33:32] | One brutal blow almost split her head in two. | 残忍地一击几乎将她的脑袋劈成两半 |
[1:33:35] | No suspect was ever arrested. | 一直没有逮捕任何嫌疑人 |
[1:33:38] | There was no one else in the house at the time. | 当时家里没有别人了 |
[1:33:41] | Only the children. | 只有两个孩子 |
[1:33:42] | The truth was too horrible to consider. | 真相太可怕 没人敢去想 |
[1:33:44] | – Doctor, stop it. – You did this. | – 医生 住口 – 是你干的 |
[1:33:46] | – No. – Sir Thomas, you were only 12 at the time. | – 不是 – 托马斯爵士 你当时只有12岁 |
[1:33:51] | After questioning by the police, | 警察问过你话后 |
[1:33:52] | you were sent to boarding school. | 你便被送去了寄宿学校 |
[1:33:54] | As for Lucille, at 14, | 至于时年14岁的露西尔 |
[1:33:56] | her story is less clear. | 她的遭遇就比较神秘了 |
[1:33:58] | A convent education in Switzerland, the news account says, | 报道中说是被送去瑞士一家修道院接受教育 |
[1:34:01] | but I think a different kind of institution. | 但我猜她是去了另一种机构 |
[1:34:07] | Sir Thomas is already married. | 托马斯爵士已经结婚了 |
[1:34:10] | He married a miss Pamela Upton. | 他娶了一位帕梅拉·厄普顿小姐 |
[1:34:13] | Margaret McDermott and Enola Sciotti… E.S. | 玛格丽特·麦克德莫特 伊诺拉·肖蒂 ES |
[1:34:17] | – Edith, you don’t know. – Edith and I are leaving. | – 伊迪丝 你不明白 – 伊迪丝和我要走了 |
[1:34:49] | You stay there. | 你待在这儿 |
[1:34:52] | Edith. Edith. | 伊迪丝 伊迪丝 |
[1:34:57] | You should do this. Get your hands dirty. | 你来吧 也脏脏你的手 |
[1:35:05] | Come here, doggy. | 来吧 狗狗 |
[1:35:07] | Little shit. | 小杂种 |
[1:35:11] | If I don’t do it, she will. | 如果我不动手 她也会 |
[1:35:14] | But listen to me. | 但听我说 |
[1:35:17] | You’re a doctor. | 你是个医生 |
[1:35:22] | Show me where. | 告诉我该往哪捅 |
[1:35:37] | No! Alan! | 不 艾伦 |
[1:35:41] | You’re monsters! | 你们是魔鬼 |
[1:35:44] | Both of you! | 你们都是 |
[1:35:47] | Funny. | 有意思 |
[1:35:49] | That’s the last thing mother said too. | 这也是母亲说的最后一句话 |
[1:36:17] | Lucille has taken Edith to sign the papers. | 露西尔带伊迪丝去签文件了 |
[1:36:19] | The moment she signs those papers, she is dead. | 她一签完字 就死定了 |
[1:36:21] | I have to go. I’ll bring her down here. | 我得走了 我会带她下来 |
[1:36:24] | I’ll find a way. | 我会想办法的 |
[1:36:26] | The mine shaft is open, you understand? | 矿井开着呢 明白吗 |
[1:36:28] | Get out up there. | 逃去上面 |
[1:36:30] | – Can you hold on? – Go. | – 你撑得住吗 – 快去 |
[1:36:49] | You thought you were a writer. | 你自诩是个作家 |
[1:36:56] | With your ghosts. | 写什么鬼故事 |
[1:36:59] | What are you waiting for? You have nothing to live for now. | 你还等什么 你已经生无所恋了 |
[1:37:03] | Sign. | 签字吧 |
[1:37:05] | All the women we found… | 我们找到的那些女人 |
[1:37:07] | London, Edinburgh, Milan… | 不论是在伦敦 爱丁堡 米兰 |
[1:37:11] | – America. – Yes, America. | – 还有美国 – 对 美国 |
[1:37:15] | All had what was necessary: Money, broken dreams | 都有一切必要的特质 有钱 梦想破灭 |
[1:37:19] | and no living relatives. | 没有在世亲人 |
[1:37:22] | No one ever looked for them. | 根本没人来找她们 |
[1:37:24] | Mercy killings, really. | 死也算解脱了 |
[1:37:27] | Is that what I’m going to be? | 我也会是那个下场吗 |
[1:37:30] | What about the Italian woman? Enola. | 那个意大利女人呢 伊诺拉 |
[1:37:33] | You killed her baby. | 你杀了她的孩子 |
[1:37:37] | I did not. | 我没有 |
[1:37:39] | None of them ever fucked Thomas. | 她们都没操过托马斯 |
[1:37:43] | Don’t you understand? It was mine. | 你还不明白吗 孩子是我的 |
[1:37:51] | It was born wrong. | 但它天生有问题 |
[1:37:55] | We should have let it die at birth, but… | 本该它一出生就弄死它 但 |
[1:38:00] | I wanted it. | 我想留着它 |
[1:38:01] | And she told me she could save it. | 她说她能救活它 |
[1:38:04] | She was determined. | 她打定了主意 |
[1:38:09] | She lied. | 她撒谎了 |
[1:38:10] | All this horror… for what? | 杀这么多人 是为什么 |
[1:38:13] | The money? To keep the mansion? | 钱吗 保住这栋庄园 |
[1:38:16] | The Sharpe name, the mines? | 还是夏普家族 你们的矿 |
[1:38:18] | The marriages were for money, of course. | 婚姻当然都是为了谋财 |
[1:38:22] | But the horror… the horror was for love. | 但杀人 那是为了爱 |
[1:38:27] | The things we do for a love like this are ugly, mad, | 我们为这样的爱 会做出丑陋 疯狂 |
[1:38:33] | full of sweat and regret. | 辛苦 后悔的事 |
[1:38:37] | This love burns you and maims you, and… | 这种爱会灼伤你 伤害你 |
[1:38:41] | twists you inside out. | 扭曲你 |
[1:38:45] | It is a monstrous love, | 这是可怕的爱 |
[1:38:49] | and it makes monsters of us all. | 把我们都变成了魔鬼 |
[1:38:52] | But you should have seen him, as a child, Thomas. | 但你真该看看托马斯小时候的样子 |
[1:39:00] | He was perfect. | 他是那么完美 |
[1:39:05] | So from all his small infractions, | 每次他做错了什么小事 |
[1:39:08] | from my mother’s cane, I protected him. | 我都会保护他不挨母亲的棍子 |
[1:39:12] | I took so many beatings. | 我挨了那么多打 |
[1:39:15] | And when she found out about us… | 她发现了我们的事时 |
[1:39:19] | well, | 没办法 |
[1:39:24] | the only love Thomas and I ever knew was from one another | 我和托马斯唯一感受到的爱就来自彼此 |
[1:39:30] | in these rotting walls. | 在这腐烂的宅子里相依为命 |
[1:39:34] | Hiding. | 躲避世界 |
[1:39:36] | That’s not true. You suffocate him. | 不是这样的 你让他窒息 |
[1:39:40] | Sign your name! | 快签名 |
[1:39:42] | Sign your bloody name! | 快给我签名 |
[1:39:56] | My father, who killed him? | 我父亲 是谁杀了他 |
[1:40:00] | Such a coarse, condescending man. | 好个粗俗 自命不凡的男人 |
[1:40:06] | He loved you. | 他的确爱你 |
[1:40:08] | You should have seen his sad face | 你真该看到我把他的脸砸向水池时 |
[1:40:10] | when I smashed it at the sink. | 他那可怜的表情 |
[1:40:43] | You! Don’t come near me! | 你 别靠近我 |
[1:40:45] | Listen to me, please, Edith. | 听我说 伊迪丝 |
[1:40:46] | – You get away! – Edith, please. | – 走开 – 伊迪丝 求你 |
[1:40:48] | Listen. McMichael is still alive. He’s still alive. | 听我说 麦克迈克尔还活着 他还活着 |
[1:40:50] | – You lied to me! – I did. | – 你骗了我 – 是的 |
[1:40:51] | – You poisoned me! – I did. | – 你给我下毒 – 是的 |
[1:40:52] | – You told me you loved me! – I do. | – 你说你爱我 – 我的确爱你 |
[1:40:57] | Edith, please. Please trust me one more time. | 伊迪丝 求你 求你再信我一次 |
[1:41:01] | You can leave if you want, | 你想走就走吧 |
[1:41:02] | or you can wait here for me. | 你也可以在这儿等我 |
[1:41:04] | I’m gonna get those papers back. | 我去拿回那些文件 |
[1:41:06] | I’m gonna finish this. | 我会了结这件事 |
[1:41:20] | You burnt them. | 你把文件烧了 |
[1:41:24] | Lucille. | 露西尔 |
[1:41:28] | You burnt them. | 你把文件烧了 |
[1:41:30] | Yes, she will live. You’re not to touch her. | 是的 她得活下来 你不能碰她 |
[1:41:32] | You’re ordering me? | 你在命令我吗 |
[1:41:34] | We can leave, Lucille, leave Allerdale Hall. | 我们可以走 露西尔 离开阿勒戴尔庄园 |
[1:41:36] | – Leave? – Think about it. We can start a new life. | – 走 – 想想啊 我们可以开始新生活 |
[1:41:40] | – Where? – Anywhere. It doesn’t matter. | – 去哪 – 哪都行 那无所谓 |
[1:41:41] | – Where would we go? – We can leave it behind. | – 我们去哪 – 我们可以抛下一切 |
[1:41:43] | We let the Sharpe name die with the mines. | 让夏普家族跟矿井一切消亡吧 |
[1:41:45] | We let this edifice sink in the ground. | 让这座宅子沉到地下 |
[1:41:46] | All these years holding these walls together. | 这么多年来 我们拼命维系这里 |
[1:41:48] | We would be free. | 我们可以自由 |
[1:41:52] | Free, Lucille. | 自由 露西尔 |
[1:41:54] | We could all be together. | 我们都可以在一起 |
[1:42:01] | All? | 都 |
[1:42:07] | – Do you love her? – This day had to come. | – 你爱她吗 – 这一天总得到来 |
[1:42:09] | – We’ve been dead for years, Lucille. – Do you? | – 我们早就死了 露西尔 – 你爱她吗 |
[1:42:11] | – You promised. – You and I | – 你答应我的 – 你和我 |
[1:42:12] | in this rotting place. | 早就死在这烂地方了 |
[1:42:12] | – Do you love her more than me? – Look at who we are, | – 你爱她胜过我吗 – 看看我们 |
[1:42:14] | what we’ve become! | 看看我们成了什么样 |
[1:42:14] | You promised you would not fall in love with anyone else. | 你答应过我不会爱上别人的 |
[1:42:17] | Yes, but it happened. | 是啊 但我就是爱上她了 |
[1:42:32] | Lucille. | 露西尔 |
[1:43:00] | Lucille. | 露西尔 |
[1:43:25] | Thomas? | 托马斯 |
[1:43:31] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[1:45:00] | She’s coming. | 她要来了 |
[1:45:01] | I’m going to get us out of here. I will get help. | 我会把我们救出去 我会去求助 |
[1:45:04] | You have to trust me. | 相信我 |
[1:45:06] | I’ll come back for you. I promise I will. | 我会回来救你的 我保证 |
[1:45:08] | Hide. | 藏起来 |
[1:45:41] | Before they put me away, | 他们把我关起来之前 |
[1:45:47] | I kept a little souvenir… | 我还留了个纪念品 |
[1:45:58] | from mother. | 母亲那儿拿来的 |
[1:47:03] | Edith? | 伊迪丝 |
[1:48:18] | I won’t stop | 我不会停手的 |
[1:48:20] | till you kill me or I kill you. | 除非你杀了我 或我杀了你 |
[1:48:28] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[1:48:30] | – There’s no one here to help you. – Yes, there is. | – 这里没人会帮你了 – 有的 |
[1:48:33] | Look at him. Turn around. | 看他啊 转过去 |
[1:48:54] | – Thomas. – Lucille. | – 托马斯 – 露西尔 |
[1:49:04] | I won’t stop… | 我不会停手的 |
[1:49:08] | Until you kill me | 除非你杀了我 |
[1:49:10] | or I kill you. | 或我杀了你 |
[1:49:17] | I heard you the first time. | 你说第一遍我就听到了 |
[1:50:04] | Ghosts are real. | 鬼是存在的 |
[1:50:09] | This much I know. | 这我能确定 |
[1:50:20] | – Lady Sharpe! – Lady Sharpe! | – 夏普夫人 – 夏普夫人 |
[1:50:24] | There are things that tie them to a place, | 他们会因为一些原因困在一个地方无法离开 |
[1:50:28] | very much like they do us. | 就像我们也会 |
[1:50:33] | Some remain tethered to a patch of land, | 有些鬼魂的羁绊是一个地方 |
[1:50:37] | a time and date, | 有些是一个日子 时间 |
[1:50:40] | the spilling of blood, | 或是流血 |
[1:50:44] | a terrible crime. | 可怕的罪行 |
[1:50:50] | But there are others… | 但也有一些 |
[1:50:53] | others that hold on to an emotion, | 是被感情羁绊 |
[1:50:58] | a drive, | 执念 |
[1:51:01] | loss, | 失去 |
[1:51:04] | revenge… | 复仇 |
[1:51:08] | or love. | 或爱 |
[1:51:14] | Those… | 那些鬼魂 |
[1:51:19] | they never go away. | 永远不会离去 |