| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:00] | Previously on Criminal Minds. | |
| [00:02] | Anyone recognise these faces? | 有人认识这些人吗 | 
| [00:04] | Victims of the Footpath Killer. | “小径杀手”的受害者们 | 
| [00:06] | That’s what Virginia newspapers are calling him. | 弗吉尼亚州的报纸是这么称呼他的 | 
| [00:07] | We refer to him as the unknown subject or UnSub. | 我们称他为不明身份的嫌疑犯 简称不明嫌犯 | 
| [00:14] | I told Virginia P.D. they’re looking for a white male in his 20s, | 我告诉弗吉尼亚州警局 嫌犯是20多岁的白人男性 | 
| [00:19] | who owns an American-made truck, | 拥有一辆美国产卡车 | 
| [00:21] | works a menial job. | 从事低收入工作 | 
| [00:24] | I told them, “When you find him, don’t be surprised to hear him speak | 我告诉他们 等你们找到他 如果他严重口吃 | 
| [00:28] | “with a severe stutter.” | 也不必意外 | 
| [00:29] | Have a nice day. | 祝你今天愉快 | 
| [01:05] | The gun. | 你的枪 | 
| [01:10] | Take out the gun. | 把枪拿出来 | 
| [01:22] | -Throw it. -Any particular direction? | -扔了它 -有指定的方向吗 | 
| [01:33] | Who are… | 你是… | 
| [01:38] | Who are you? | 你是谁 | 
| [01:41] | -Who are you? -FBI. | -你是谁 -联邦调查局 | 
| [01:54] | Take out your wallet. | 拿出你的钱包 | 
| [02:16] | What do you… What do you… | 你知道… | 
| [02:20] | -What do you know? -About you? | -你知道什么 -关于你的吗 | 
| [02:25] | Or about the people you’ve murdered? | 还是关于那些你杀的人 | 
| [02:30] | I know a lot about you. | 我非常了解你 | 
| [02:33] | I know how you do it. I know you can’t stop. | 我知道你是怎么做的 我知道你停不下来 | 
| [02:40] | And I know something that no one’s ever been able to tell you. | 我还知道一些别人无法告诉你的事 | 
| [02:47] | I know why you stutter. | 我知道你为什么会口吃 | 
| [02:54] | Weren’t you a little bit worried he might just shoot you? | 你就一点都不担心 他可能会开枪打你吗 | 
| [02:58] | -I was a lot worried. -But how did you find him? | -我担心得很 -但你是怎么找到他的 | 
| [03:02] | I was just stopping for gas. | 我只是停下来加油 | 
| [03:04] | I walked into that store and I saw pieces of a profile | 我走进那家店 看到我在大约一年前 | 
| [03:07] | that I’d given a Virginia P.D. almost a year ago. | 给弗吉尼亚州警局做的侧写中 提到的一些事 | 
| [03:10] | A truck in disrepair, dishevelled young man, severe stutter. | 年久失修的卡车 衣冠不整的年轻人 严重口吃 | 
| [03:13] | James Reese once said, “There are certain clues at a crime scene, | 侧写师詹姆斯・里斯曾说过 “犯罪现场中的某些线索” | 
| [03:16] | “which, by their very nature, | “就其本质而言” | 
| [03:18] | “do not lend themselves to being collected or examined.” | “不易被收集或检查” | 
| [03:21] | How does one collect love, rage, hatred, fear? | “如何收集爱 愤怒 仇恨和恐惧” | 
| [03:29] | These are things that we’re trained to look for. | “这些是我们受训去寻找的东西” | 
| [03:31] | So anyone else would’ve just seen a guy who stutters. | 所以别人只会看到一个有口吃的人 | 
| [03:34] | But you saw the Footpath Killer. | 而你看到了小径杀手 | 
| [03:37] | Right. | 对 | 
| [03:38] | But sometimes these guys are still found by just dumb luck. | 但有时这些家伙是凭运气被发现的 | 
| [03:43] | Berkowitz was caught because of a parking ticket. | 连环杀手伯科维茨 因为一张违停罚单被抓 | 
| [03:45] | Except the cop who caught him wasn’t staring down a shotgun like you were. | 但是抓到他的警察 没有像你那样要面对一把猎枪 | 
| [03:49] | This is true. | 没错 | 
| [03:51] | This is also a good time to stop. | 这也是时候停下来了 | 
| [03:54] | -Thank you, sir. -Thank you. | -谢谢你 长官 -谢谢 | 
| [04:06] | Okay, I’m curious. | 好吧 我很好奇 | 
| [04:09] | Why’d he stutter? | 他为什么会有口吃 | 
| [04:11] | You’re on your way to becoming | 你即将成为 | 
| [04:12] | a part of the Behavior Analysis team now, Elle. | 行为分析小组的一员了 艾尔 | 
| [04:15] | You tell me. | 你来告诉我 | 
| [04:25] | Check. Checkmate in three moves. | 将军 三步将死 | 
| [04:29] | What? | 什么 | 
| [04:30] | You know, you’ll beat him when you start learning. | 你要是能开始学习的话就能赢他 | 
| [04:32] | -Learning what? -To think outside the box. | -学什么 -跳出思维定势 | 
| [04:38] | -Question for you. -Shoot. | -问你个问题 -问吧 | 
| [04:40] | The Footpath Killer. | 那个小径杀手 | 
| [04:43] | Why did he stutter? | 他为什么会有口吃 | 
| [04:45] | Come on, Elle, we’ve all asked him and he won’t say. | 拜托 艾尔 我们都问过他 但他就是不说 | 
| [04:47] | He wants us to figure it out. | 他想让我们自己找出答案 | 
| [04:49] | Well, okay. I’m up for a challenge. | 好吧 我接受挑战 | 
| [04:51] | Good. Because these go to you. | 很好 因为这些都是给你的 | 
| [04:54] | Special Agent Jennifer Jareau. JJ if you like. | 我是特别探员珍妮弗・让热 你愿意的话就叫我珍珍 | 
| [04:56] | -Elle. -Greenaway. | -我是艾尔 -格林纳威 | 
| [04:58] | Highest number of solved cases in Seattle three years running. | 在西雅图连续三年破获最多案件 | 
| [05:01] | Speciality in sex offender cases. | 专长是性侵案件 | 
| [05:03] | -Not bad. -Well, I’m the unit liaison. | -不赖啊 -我是小组联络员 | 
| [05:05] | My speciality is untangling bureaucratic knots. | 我的专长是打通官僚的关节 | 
| [05:08] | You’ll probably be talking to me a lot. My door is always open. | 以后你可能会时常需要找我 随时欢迎 | 
| [05:11] | Mostly because I’m never in my office. | 主要是因为我基本不在办公室 | 
| [05:12] | So just call me on my cell. Okay? We’ll talk. | 所以直接打我手机就行 好吗 回聊 | 
| [05:16] | -Did you watch it? -Yeah. I think everybody should see it. | -你看了吗 -看了 我觉得每个人都应该看看 | 
| [05:19] | BAU team, can you meet me in the conference room, please? | 行为分析小组 请大家都到会议室来 | 
| [05:21] | I need to show you something. | 我要给你们看点东西 | 
| [05:24] | This is from the Phoenix office. | 这是菲尼克斯分局传来的消息 | 
| [05:26] | Bradshaw College in Tempe. Six fires in seven months. | 坦佩市布拉德肖大学 在七个月内发生了六起火灾 | 
| [05:29] | -Who recorded it? -A student with a digital camcorder. | -这是谁录下来的 -一个学生用数码相机录的 | 
| [05:32] | He was watching a fire in the building across from their dorm. | 他当时在看他们宿舍对面楼上的火灾 | 
| [05:34] | The other person you’ll see is his roommate, | 你们看到的另一个人是他的室友 | 
| [05:36] | 20-year-old Matthew Rowland. | 20岁的马修・罗兰 | 
| [05:39] | What the… This is crazy. | 什么…真是疯了 | 
| [05:41] | Hey, Matt, get over here, you gotta see this. | 马特 快过来 快来看看这个 | 
| [05:43] | -The building’s on fire. -Bro! You getting this? | -那栋楼着火了 -哥们 你看见了吗 | 
| [05:45] | -There’s two of them! -Is that the kid? | -有两处着火了 -这就是那小子吗 | 
| [05:47] | -Man, get out of the way. -Yeah, that’s him. | -哥们 让开 -对 就是他 | 
| [05:48] | -We should call campus security. -Nah, relax, man. | -我们应该打电话给校警 -不 放轻松 哥们 | 
| [05:50] | There’s always fires during rush week. | 迎新周发生火灾是常事 | 
| [05:51] | Yeah, but that’s pretty big. | 这话没错 但是这火势很猛 | 
| [05:53] | -Dude, over here. Check this out. -What is it? | -哥们 过来 看看这个 -这是什么 | 
| [05:55] | I don’t know, but it’s coming underneath the door. | 我不知道 不过这是从门下面进来的 | 
| [05:58] | -Is someone in the hallway? -Hey, someone’s trying to get in. | -有人在走廊里吗 -有人想要进来 | 
| [06:01] | Hey, man, you should get away from there. | 哥们 你该离那远点 | 
| [06:03] | -Oh, my God. It smells like gas. -It’s kind of starting to… | -天啊 这闻起来像是汽油 -它开始… | 
| [06:06] | -God! -Oh, my God, man! | -天啊 -天啊 | 
| [06:07] | -Oh, my God! -Put me out! | -天啊 -快灭火救救我 | 
| [06:09] | Oh, my God! Oh, my God! | 天啊 | 
| [06:51] | Einstein once said, | 爱因斯坦曾说过 | 
| [06:52] | “Imagination is more important than knowledge. | “想象力比知识更为重要” | 
| [06:56] | “Knowledge is limited. | “因为知识是有限的” | 
| [06:59] | “Imagination encircles the world.” | “而想象力则囊括整个世界” | 
| [07:02] | There are two common stressors for a serial arsonist. | 对连环纵火犯来说 通常有两种应激源 | 
| [07:04] | Loss of job, loss of love. | 失业 失恋 | 
| [07:07] | -When was the first fire set? -March. | -第一次纵火是什么时候 -3月 | 
| [07:09] | The next one was in May. | 第二次是5月 | 
| [07:10] | And the third one wasn’t until September. | 第三次是在9月 | 
| [07:12] | Then two weeks later there were three in one night. | 然后两周后一晚上发生了三起 | 
| [07:14] | He’s speeding up. Fires are closer together. | 嫌犯加快速度了 纵火间隔越来越短 | 
| [07:16] | Hey, Reid, you got a statistic on arsonists? | 瑞德 你有关于纵火犯的数据吗 | 
| [07:19] | Eighty-two percent are white males between 17 and 27. | 82%是17至27岁的白人男性 | 
| [07:22] | Female arsonists are far less likely, their motive typically being revenge. | 女性纵火犯很少 她们的动机通常是复仇 | 
| [07:26] | Sounds like our boy’s a student. | 听上去这家伙是个学生 | 
| [07:29] | Don’t be so sure. | 先别这么肯定 | 
| [07:31] | You rely too much on precedent, you never allow for the unexpected. | 你过于依赖先例 就考虑不到万一 | 
| [07:35] | If he went from setting one fire to three in two weeks’ time… | 如果他从一次发展到两周内三次 | 
| [07:38] | Rapid escalation. | 快速升级 | 
| [07:39] | He’s gone from the power to damage a building | 他已经从毁坏一栋楼 | 
| [07:41] | to something far more satisfying. | 升级到更能满足他的东西了 | 
| [07:45] | The power over life and death. | 掌握生杀大权 | 
| [07:47] | Who we talking to first? | 我们先和谁谈 | 
| [07:49] | Dean of Students, Ellen Turner. | 教导主任埃伦・特纳 | 
| [08:03] | No badges. | 别亮出证件 | 
| [08:05] | I don’t want to satisfy the UnSub’s need for attention | 我不想让不明嫌犯知道 | 
| [08:07] | by letting him know he got the FBI here. | 他已经引来联邦调查局 从而满足他对关注的渴望 | 
| [08:09] | Try not to look official. | 别那么正式 | 
| [08:12] | Try to look less official. | 尽量别那么正式 | 
| [08:15] | Obviously I’d rather be meeting you under different circumstances. | 显然 我更愿意在其他情况下见你们 | 
| [08:18] | This is Fire Inspector Zhang. | 这位是防火监督员小张 | 
| [08:20] | This morning the chemistry department reported | 今早化学系报告说 | 
| [08:22] | several bottles of highly flammable chemicals missing. | 有几瓶高度易燃化学品不见了 | 
| [08:25] | I’m prepared to evacuate this campus. Thank you. | 我已经准备好疏散校园了 谢谢 | 
| [08:27] | That brings with it its own problems. | 那也会带来相应的麻烦 | 
| [08:29] | You might evacuate the arsonist as well. | 你可能会把纵火犯也疏散出去 | 
| [08:31] | When the case goes unsolved, the campus is re-opened, | 案子未解决 校园又重新开放 | 
| [08:34] | but the fires start up again. | 然后火灾又再次出现 | 
| [08:35] | Wait, Hotch, Gideon. Hold on a second. | 霍奇 吉迪恩 等等 | 
| [08:37] | You said the chemicals went missing today. | 你说化学品是今天不见的 | 
| [08:39] | It says here that one of the previous fires was set with diesel fuel | 但这上面写着之前的一场火 | 
| [08:42] | that disappeared from the grounds-keeping facility. | 是由场地设施管理处 丢失的柴油引起的 | 
| [08:44] | How long after it disappeared was the fire set? | 丢失之后多久发生了火灾 | 
| [08:47] | One day. | 一天 | 
| [08:51] | He’s holding to a pattern? | 他在遵循某种模式吗 | 
| [08:52] | Who’s to say the next fire won’t be today? | 谁敢断言下次火灾不会是在今天 | 
| [09:03] | Door was locked. | 门当时是锁着的 | 
| [09:04] | Matthew Rowland and his roommate watched | 马修・罗兰和他室友眼看着 | 
| [09:06] | as the doorknob turned against the lock. | 带锁的门把手被人转动 | 
| [09:08] | But the UnSub couldn’t get in. | 但不明嫌犯进不来 | 
| [09:09] | So he pours the accelerant into the room from the hallway. | 所以他从走廊把燃料倒进屋里 | 
| [09:13] | Which means he couldn’t see the fire. | 这意味着他看不到起火 | 
| [09:15] | But he could hear Matthew Rowland screaming. | 但他可以听见马修・罗兰的叫喊声 | 
| [09:17] | Yeah, but not for long. He would have left quickly. | 对 但时间不长 他会迅速离开 | 
| [09:19] | -Yeah, to avoid being spotted. -Doesn’t make sense. | -对 以免被发现 -这说不通 | 
| [09:21] | Pyromania as a mental disorder may just be a simple myth, | 纵火癖作为一种精神障碍 可能只是一种简单的假想 | 
| [09:24] | but we do know from precedent | 但我们依照先例可知 | 
| [09:26] | that serial arsonists derive pleasure from pathological fire-setting. | 连环纵火犯能从病态纵火中获得快感 | 
| [09:29] | Sex and power. | 性和权力 | 
| [09:31] | But a serial arsonist wouldn’t just set a fire and walk away. | 但连环纵火犯不会放了火就走 | 
| [09:34] | He needs to experience it. | 他需要体验这过程 | 
| [09:36] | So why would he set a fire he couldn’t watch? | 所以他为什么要放一把他看不见的火 | 
| [09:41] | They turned the water off just before the fire. | 他们在纵火前就把水阀关了 | 
| [09:43] | The last three were set with these. Two devices, simultaneous ignition. | 之前三起是用这些引燃的 两个装置 同时点火 | 
| [09:47] | There was no device used on Matthew Rowland. | 马修・罗兰一案中没用上任何装置 | 
| [09:50] | UnSub set that one manually? | 不明嫌犯那次是手动操作的吗 | 
| [09:53] | He wanted to be there. | 他想待在那里 | 
| [09:54] | -To enjoy the kid’s death. -Not necessarily. | -享受那孩子的死亡 -未必 | 
| [09:56] | If the target was Matthew Rowland, then why set the other two fires? | 如果目标是马修・罗兰 为什么还要放另外两起火 | 
| [10:00] | Motives for arson are relatively simple. | 纵火的动机相对简单 | 
| [10:02] | There’s vandalism, crime concealment, political statement, profit… | 有故意破坏 隐匿罪行 政治声明 利益纠葛 | 
| [10:06] | And revenge. | 以及报复 | 
| [10:07] | We interviewed Matthew Rowland’s roommate. | 我们询问过马修・罗兰的室友 | 
| [10:09] | He said Matthew was very well liked. No reason for revenge. | 他说马修人缘很好 没有报复的理由 | 
| [10:12] | -What about vandalism? -No, the fires are too sophisticated. | -故意破坏呢 -不会 这些火灾设计得过于精密 | 
| [10:15] | And if he’s trying to make a political statement, | 如果嫌犯试图发表某个政治声明 | 
| [10:16] | he’s not being too clear about it. | 那他这个声明也没表达清楚 | 
| [10:18] | There’s an underlying strategy in this case. | 这个案子另有隐情 | 
| [10:21] | Matthew, fire-fighters, injured victims. | 马修 消防员 伤员 | 
| [10:23] | To the UnSub they’re not people, they’re… | 对不明嫌犯来说 他们不是人类 他们是… | 
| [10:25] | -They’re objects. -They’re just more like… | -他们是目标 -他们更像是… | 
| [10:27] | Chess pieces. | 棋子 | 
| [10:29] | Exactly. | 没错 | 
| [10:36] | All right. | 好吧 | 
| [10:39] | I want to set a dormitory on fire. Where would I start? | 我想放火烧宿舍 我会从哪下手 | 
| [10:50] | In the basement. | 地下室 | 
| [10:53] | The upper levels would be fuel. | 这样上面的楼层就会成为燃料 | 
| [10:56] | Then why did I start on the third floor? | 那我为什么要在三楼纵火呢 | 
| [11:01] | Oh, God! | 天啊 | 
| [11:08] | Because it wasn’t the building I wanted to set on fire. | 因为这并不是我想要放火烧的大楼 | 
| [11:12] | The timer sets the road flare, | 定时器引发了电路火花 | 
| [11:14] | which then lights the chemical mixture inside the canister. | 然后点燃了罐中的化学混合物 | 
| [11:17] | Simple. | 很简单 | 
| [11:19] | Yet sophisticated in its simplicity. | 但外表简单 内部精密 | 
| [11:21] | I mean there’s a meticulous construction to it. | 我的意思是制作它得小心谨慎 | 
| [11:23] | Chemical accelerant could mean chemistry student. | 化学催化剂可能意味着 不明嫌犯是化学系学生 | 
| [11:26] | Could also mean chemistry professor. | 也可能是化学系教授 | 
| [11:30] | I say student. | 我觉得是学生 | 
| [11:31] | You need self-confidence | 你得要有自信 | 
| [11:33] | to lecture in front of a classroom full of 30 college kids. | 才能在坐满30名大学生的教室里讲课 | 
| [11:37] | Arsonists are socially incompetent. | 纵火犯缺乏社交能力 | 
| [11:39] | This guy, he doesn’t go on dates, he doesn’t go to parties, | 这类人不会去约会 不会去参加聚会 | 
| [11:42] | he doesn’t feel comfortable in front of groups. | 在人群中会觉得不自在 | 
| [11:48] | -And of course he’s a total psychopath. -Of course. | -因为他是个彻头彻尾的精神变态 -当然了 | 
| [11:52] | You think we’ll get a lead from the hotline? | 你觉得我们能从热线中获得线索吗 | 
| [11:54] | No. | 不能 | 
| [11:55] | If you don’t mind my asking, why then did you set up the number? | 如果你不介意的话 我想问问你为什么还要设这个号码 | 
| [11:58] | Well, serial arsonists enjoy manipulating authorities. | 连环纵火犯喜欢操纵当局 | 
| [12:01] | They like to communicate, explain themselves. | 他们喜欢交流 为自己正言 | 
| [12:03] | I’m not waiting to hear from a tipster or witness. | 我可不是等着听线人或目击者的消息 | 
| [12:05] | -You’re waiting to hear from him. -Yeah. | -你在等他来电话 -对 | 
| [12:11] | Now, the evacuation process… | 现在 疏散流程… | 
| [12:17] | All right. Office hours. I have my own homework to do. | 好了 现在是办公时间 我有自己的事要做 | 
| [12:20] | -Thank you, Professor Wallace. -No problem. | -谢谢 华莱士教授 -不客气 | 
| [12:31] | We don’t want a stampede on our hands | 我们不希望发生踩踏事件 | 
| [12:33] | because the exits out of the campus block so quickly. | 因为校园出口 很快就会被堵得水泄不通 | 
| [12:36] | Now we have staging areas and we must utilise every possible… | 我们设立了集结待命区 必须利用一切可能的… | 
| [12:39] | Agent Gideon? | 吉迪恩探员 | 
| [12:59] | Agent Gideon? | 吉迪恩探员 | 
| [13:02] | Agent Gideon? | 吉迪恩探员 | 
| [13:08] | Everybody out of the building! Go! | 所有人都离开这栋楼 赶快 | 
| [13:10] | -What is it? -Look out! | -怎么了 -小心 | 
| [13:13] | Clear the whole building! Clear it! Move! | 疏散整栋大楼 赶快 马上走 | 
| [13:30] | -Just leave it. Come on. -I’m on fire! | -别管了 快走 -我着火了 | 
| [13:33] | Help me! Help me! | 救救我 | 
| [13:47] | Move! Move! Get out of the way! | 让开 快闪开 | 
| [13:52] | Gideon! Get out of there! Let’s go! | 吉迪恩 别去那 我们走 | 
| [13:57] | Wait, Morgan! There’s somebody in there! | 等等 莫根 里面有人 | 
| [14:02] | Come on, Gideon! Move! Move! | 快 吉迪恩 快走 | 
| [14:05] | Keep moving, people. | 所有人快走 | 
| [14:12] | -Get off of me! It was a teacher. -Just let it go! | -放开我 那还有个老师 -别管了 | 
| [14:17] | He’s already dead. Let it go. | 他已经死了 别管了 | 
| [14:30] | He might be here watching. | 他可能在这儿看着 | 
| [14:31] | -Elle. -Yeah. | -艾尔 -在 | 
| [14:33] | -Take pictures. As many as you can. -You got it. | -尽可能多拍点照片 -明白 | 
| [15:07] | -The professor’s name was Wallace? -It’s a terrible loss. | -那位教授叫华莱士 -这是个巨大的损失 | 
| [15:11] | He was one of those teachers. | 他是那种好老师 | 
| [15:13] | He knew how to make a difference. | 他知道如何有所作为 | 
| [15:17] | Gideon, we’ve got police and security interviewing everyone in that building. | 吉迪恩 警察和校警 正在询问大楼里的每一个人 | 
| [15:21] | How long will it take to finish evacuating the campus? | 疏散整个校园需要多长时间 | 
| [15:23] | This is a college of 10,000 students and faculty. | 这所大学拥有一万名学生和教职工 | 
| [15:26] | Well, there’s another problem with evacuating. | 疏散师生还有另一个问题 | 
| [15:28] | You mean, we might accelerate the UnSub’s timeline. | 你是说我们可能会加快 不明嫌犯的作案时间线 | 
| [15:33] | Let’s round everybody up. | 把所有人聚起来 | 
| [15:41] | Dean Turner? Hi, I’m Jeremy. | 特纳主任吗 你好 我叫杰里米 | 
| [15:44] | I’m one of the research assistants at the science department. | 我是科学系的一名助理研究员 | 
| [15:47] | We were talking and we’d like to help. | 我们讨论了一下 我们想帮忙 | 
| [15:50] | The best thing you can do right now is just stay… | 你现在最能帮上忙的就是待在… | 
| [15:51] | We know how he did it. | 我们知道他是怎么做到的 | 
| [15:58] | We’ve been at this all night and we got nothing. | 我们花了整晚研究这个 却一无所获 | 
| [16:03] | Look at these expressions. | 看看这些表情 | 
| [16:06] | We got fear, a touch of horror, even a little bit of panic. | 有害怕 有恐惧 甚至有些惊慌失措 | 
| [16:12] | But where’s the guy getting off? | 但这家伙到哪去了 | 
| [16:13] | When asked about his motives, Peter Dinsdale said, | 当被问及动机时 连环杀手彼得・丁斯代尔说 | 
| [16:15] | “I am devoted to fire. Fire is my master.” | “我献身于火 火是我的主宰” | 
| [16:21] | Okay, so who is our boy’s master? | 好吧 那不明嫌犯的主宰是谁呢 | 
| [16:24] | Ten-thousand-plus students, | 一万多名学生中 | 
| [16:33] | and one has a serious fascination with fire. | 有一人对火极度迷恋 | 
| [16:38] | Fire-starting is one third of the homicidal triad, | 纵火是谋杀三大初征之一 | 
| [16:41] | an early predictor of adult disassociative criminal behaviour. | 是成年异常犯罪行为的早期征兆 | 
| [16:46] | If we looked in his childhood we’d probably find all three. | 如果我们深入了解他的童年 很可能这三种初征都能找到 | 
| [16:50] | Bed-wetting and cruelty to animals. | 尿床 虐待动物 | 
| [16:53] | Absent or abusive father, trouble with the opposite sex, | 父亲缺席或虐待 与异性交往困难 | 
| [16:56] | chronic low self-esteem. | 长期自卑 | 
| [16:58] | MO will be dynamic. | 犯罪手法多种多样 | 
| [17:00] | Evolving. As fire-setting escalates, they thrive on panic, fear. | 还会不断进化 随着纵火行为升级 他们会以惊恐为乐 | 
| [17:03] | It’s just standard profile of a serial arsonist. | 这只是连环纵火犯的标准侧写 | 
| [17:06] | -Based on hundreds of interviews. -Based on precedent. | -基于数百次的访谈 -基于先例 | 
| [17:08] | Everything the UnSub should be according to research. | 不明嫌犯应有的特征都基于调查研究 | 
| [17:13] | -But we’re off the mark. -Because of two missing elements. | -我们跑题了 -因为缺少了两个元素 | 
| [17:15] | Sex and power. The two motives that drive a serial arsonist. | 性和权力 这两个驱使连环纵火犯的动机 | 
| [17:18] | And without them, we do not have a profile. | 没有这两样 我们就无法完成侧写 | 
| [17:34] | Hey! | 喂 | 
| [17:35] | Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I just… I’m campus patrol. | 抱歉 我无意吓你 我只是… 我是校园巡逻队的 | 
| [17:38] | -I’m supposed to ask for your ID. -Sure. | -我要查看一下你的身份证件 -好的 | 
| [17:47] | One of those FBI guys. | 你是联邦调查局的人 | 
| [17:53] | Like a profiler, right? | 侧写师 对吗 | 
| [17:55] | Like, one look at a crime scene, | 是不是看一眼犯罪现场 | 
| [17:56] | you can tell what kind of shampoo a killer uses? | 你就能辨别出杀手所用的洗发水? | 
| [18:01] | -You sound sceptical. -Maybe a little. | -听起来你很怀疑这一点 -或许有点吧 | 
| [18:05] | Your girlfriend thinks you’re gonna break up with her. | 你女朋友以为你要和她分手 | 
| [18:09] | -You’re kidding, right? -You keep adjusting your necklace. | -你在开玩笑的吧 -你一直在调整你的项链 | 
| [18:13] | That tells me you’re not used to wearing one, | 那告诉我你不习惯佩戴项链 | 
| [18:15] | or somebody else probably bought it for you, bought it recently. | 或是别人买来送给你的 最近买的 | 
| [18:19] | And the Chinese symbol on it means “Forever Yours”. | 上面的中文符号意思是“爱你一生” | 
| [18:24] | Take care of yourself, all right? | 你自己保重 好吗 | 
| [18:34] | Reid, since you’re more their age, why don’t you do the talking? | 瑞德 你与他们年龄相当 不如由你来问话吧 | 
| [18:43] | Hi guys. My name is Doctor Spencer Reid. | 大家好 我是斯潘塞・瑞德博士 | 
| [18:47] | I am an agent with the BAU, | 我是一名行为分析小组的探员 | 
| [18:51] | Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI, | 联邦调查局行为分析小组 | 
| [18:53] | which, it used to be called the BSU, the Behavioral Science Unit, | 过去叫行为科学小组 | 
| [18:58] | but not any more. | 但现在不这么叫了 | 
| [18:59] | They changed it to the BAU. | 他们把它改成了行为分析小组 | 
| [19:01] | It’s part of the NCAVC, | 它隶属于 | 
| [19:02] | the National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, | 全国暴力犯罪分析中心 | 
| [19:04] | which is also part of this thing called the CIRG, | 同时也隶属于 | 
| [19:08] | the Critical Incident Response Group and… | 危急事件反应小组 | 
| [19:10] | What he’s trying to say is, we’d love to know how you can help us. | 他想说的是 我们想知道你们能如何协助我们 | 
| [19:18] | May I, please? Thank you. | 可以给我吗 谢谢 | 
| [19:21] | See this? | 看见了吗 | 
| [19:22] | Drill a hole in the side, fill it with gasoline, | 在侧面钻个洞 装上汽油 | 
| [19:24] | or whatever is good and flammable, | 或其他易燃物 | 
| [19:26] | turn the light on, boom. | 开灯 砰 | 
| [19:30] | -That is what went down, didn’t it? -This stuff’s all over the Net. | -就是这样引发的 不是吗 -网上到处都是这类东西 | 
| [19:35] | Wanna know how to make a Molotov cocktail that sets itself on fire? | 想知道如何制作自燃型瓶装燃烧弹吗 | 
| [19:39] | Potassium, sulphur, and normal sugar. | 钾 硫磺 还有普通的糖 | 
| [19:44] | Sugar. | 糖 | 
| [19:45] | -Sugar, which is… -Not exactly plutonium. | -糖 它… -不像钚 | 
| [19:48] | -You could get the stuff anywhere. -Sugar from the supermarket. | -这些材料随处可得 -超市可以买到糖 | 
| [19:53] | But you don’t need to be a chem major to know that. | 但无需是化学系学生就可以知道这些 | 
| [19:55] | Do you think it’s a chem student? | 你们认为是化学系学生所为吗 | 
| [19:57] | You wanna know what I think? | 你想知道我怎么想吗 | 
| [20:00] | I think it would be a good time to take the semester off. | 我认为本学期该结束了 | 
| [20:13] | Hold on, you need a key to get it moving after 10:00 p.m. | 等等 晚上10点以后 你得用钥匙才能启动它 | 
| [20:17] | So what are you still doing here? | 那你还待在这干什么 | 
| [20:19] | I can’t leave. We’ve all got projects. | 我不能走 我们都有课题要做 | 
| [20:22] | You know how to solve the three-body problem? | 你知道如何解决三体问题吗 | 
| [20:24] | Computing the mutual gravitational interaction | 如何计算地球 太阳和月球之间的 | 
| [20:26] | between the earth, sun and moon? | 相互引力作用? | 
| [20:28] | Do you have any idea how many people called me today | 你知不知道今天有多少人打电话给我 | 
| [20:31] | with absolute certainty that our arsonist is a fire-fighter? | 非常肯定地说纵火犯是消防员吗 | 
| [20:35] | I’m like, “Yeah, I saw Backdraft.” | 我就像是 “对 我看了《烈火雄心》” | 
| [20:37] | Let me call you right back. | 我一会给你回电话 | 
| [20:41] | This came into the hotline about five minutes ago. | 这是大约五分钟前打进来的热线 | 
| [20:44] | You’ve reached the FBI Tip Hotline for the Bradshaw College fires. | 您已接通布拉德肖大学火灾的 联邦调查局举报热线 | 
| [20:51] | Karen, I do this for Karen. | 凯伦 我做这一切都是为了凯伦 | 
| [20:59] | Karen, I do this for Karen. | 凯伦 我做这一切都是为了凯伦 | 
| [21:02] | Play it again. | 再放一遍 | 
| [21:03] | The call came from the office right next to Wallace’s | 这通电话是在着火前五分钟 | 
| [21:05] | five minutes before the fire was started. | 从华莱士隔壁的办公室打来的 | 
| [21:08] | Play it again. | 再放一遍 | 
| [21:10] | Karen, I do this for Karen. | 凯伦 我做这一切都是为了凯伦 | 
| [21:13] | Again. Louder. | 再放一遍 大点声 | 
| [21:20] | Karen, I do this for Karen. | 凯伦 我做这一切都是为了凯伦 | 
| [21:23] | What is it? | 怎么了 | 
| [21:25] | I’m not sure. There’s something about it. | 我不确定 这里面有点问题 | 
| [21:27] | Is this tape clean? | 这盘带子有做过处理吗 | 
| [21:28] | Yeah, I can put it through some more audio filters. | 有 我可以再做一些音频过滤 | 
| [21:30] | Look, we need as close to the real voice as you can get, | 听着 我们要得到最接近真实的声音 | 
| [21:32] | and anything that might be in the background. | 以及背景里可能有的声音 | 
| [21:34] | Can you do it? | 你能做到吗 | 
| [21:35] | Okay, you know how on Star Trek, | 好吧 你知道《星际迷航》中 | 
| [21:36] | when Captain Kirk asks McCoy to do something totally impossible | 当柯克舰长让麦考伊 去做一些完全不可能的事时 | 
| [21:39] | and McCoy says, “Damn it, Jim, I’m a doctor, not a miracle worker”? | 麦考伊会说“该死 吉姆 我是个医生 不是魔术师”吗 | 
| [21:41] | Hey, what are you telling me? Not to expect a miracle? | 你是在告诉我 别期待什么奇迹吗 | 
| [21:43] | No, I’m saying I’m not a doctor. | 不 我是说我不是医生 | 
| [21:48] | That’s my girl. | 好样的 | 
| [21:52] | These are all the women on campus with the first name Karen. | 这些就是校园里所有名叫凯伦的女孩 | 
| [21:58] | Lot of Karens. | 叫凯伦的很多啊 | 
| [22:09] | What if the UnSub is one of the students leaving? | 如果不明嫌犯 是正在离校的学生之一怎么办 | 
| [22:11] | No, he’s not done yet. | 不 他还没做完 | 
| [22:13] | He’s not going anywhere. | 他哪也不会去 | 
| [22:17] | -Keep thinking. -You mean, outside the box? | -再想想 -你是说跳出思维定势吗 | 
| [22:20] | That’s what Morgan’s always telling me. | 莫根一直这么跟我说 | 
| [22:22] | He says that’s why I can never beat you at chess. | 他说这就是我在国际象棋上 总赢不了你的原因 | 
| [22:24] | Well, he’s probably right. | 他可能是对的 | 
| [22:27] | But I mean, in this situation, what exactly is the box? | 但我是说在这种情况下 思维定势到底是什么呢 | 
| [22:29] | The standard profile of a serial arsonist. | 就是连环纵火犯的标准侧写 | 
| [22:32] | If everything you know goes in the box, what’s left? | 如果你已知的都归于常规 除此之外还剩下什么 | 
| [22:35] | What you don’t know. The unknown. | 你所不知道的 未知的 | 
| [22:37] | Sometimes you have to get creative, even if you think it’s utterly unlikely. | 有时候你得另辟蹊径 即使你觉得那完全是天方夜谭 | 
| [22:40] | You have to think of things nobody else thought of. | 你得想出前人未曾想到过的事情 | 
| [22:42] | Like a stutter. | 比如口吃 | 
| [22:44] | Yeah, exactly. | 没错 | 
| [22:46] | Thank you, Karen. | 谢谢你 凯伦 | 
| [22:51] | Karen number seven. | 第七位凯伦 | 
| [22:53] | You know, there’s got to be a faster way to do this. | 肯定有更快的方法找出她 | 
| [22:56] | How about we just change the first question to, | 不如我们把第一个问题换成 | 
| [22:58] | “Have you recently dated a homicidal pyromaniac?” | “你最近是否和纵火杀人狂交往过” | 
| [23:01] | Speaking of questions, | 说到问题 | 
| [23:03] | you figured out yet why the Footpath Killer stuttered? | 你找到小径杀手有口吃的原因了吗 | 
| [23:06] | Nope. You? | 没有 你呢 | 
| [23:08] | I know that embarrassment makes a stutter worse. | 我知道羞愧会加重口吃 | 
| [23:11] | And that when you’re flustered | 而且当你慌张时 | 
| [23:13] | it’s more difficult to control the articulatory musculature of the face. | 会更难以控制面部的关节肌肉 | 
| [23:16] | You sound like Reid. | 你听起来像瑞德 | 
| [23:19] | You did not just say that. | 你可千万别这么说 | 
| [23:21] | Obviously somebody’s been doing their homework. | 显然某人一直在做研究 | 
| [23:23] | I still have no idea what causes a stutter. | 我还是想不通是什么导致口吃 | 
| [23:27] | Karen! Number eight. | 凯伦 第八位 | 
| [23:59] | Hey! I didn’t scare you again, did I? | 喂 我不会又吓到你了吧 | 
| [24:03] | Sorry, this is one of the buildings on my patrol. | 抱歉 这是我巡逻的大楼之一 | 
| [24:06] | I was just looking at the board. “Three-body problem.” | 我在看公告牌“三体问题” | 
| [24:12] | -You know what it means? -No, no idea. | -你知道是什么意思吗 -不知道 | 
| [24:15] | It’s physics. | 这是物理学 | 
| [24:16] | It’s one of the great mathematical mysteries. | 是最伟大的数学谜题之一 | 
| [24:20] | You broke up with her. | 你和她分手了 | 
| [24:22] | No more necklace. | 不戴项链了 | 
| [24:24] | Yeah, I kind of wanted to date someone else. | 对 我看上别人了 | 
| [24:27] | -What’s her name? -Brian. | -她叫什么名字 -布莱恩 | 
| [24:33] | Well, that’s… That’s a pretty good reason. | 这样啊 那真是个不错的理由 | 
| [24:38] | -She take it all right? -Yeah. | -她能接受吗 -能 | 
| [24:41] | Yeah, other than telling me that homosexuality is a sin | 除了告诉我同性恋是一种原罪 | 
| [24:43] | and that I’m going to incur the wrath of God. | 还有我会招致上帝的怒火 | 
| [24:50] | Wrath of God. | 上帝的怒火 | 
| [24:59] | Okay, gorgeous. I’ve put this thing through every audio filter I’ve got. | 帅哥 我用我所有的 音频过滤器处理了这段录音 | 
| [25:02] | There’s only one thing I can tell you for sure. | 有一点我可以很肯定地告诉你 | 
| [25:04] | This guy isn’t saying Karen. It’s more like “Ka-rown.” | 这家伙说的不是凯伦 那更像是卡戎 | 
| [25:07] | Garcia, what the hell is “Ka-rown?” | 加西亚 卡戎是什么鬼 | 
| [25:09] | If I figure it out, does it earn me a night of passionate lovemaking? | 如果我查出来了 是不是能赏我个激情之夜? | 
| [25:12] | Most definitely, sweetness. | 绝对可以 甜心 | 
| [25:13] | With Reid. | 和瑞德一起 | 
| [25:15] | Bye. Hey, Reid! | 再见 瑞德 | 
| [25:17] | Garcia says it’s not Karen, it’s actually something more like… | 加西亚说不是凯伦 更像是… | 
| [25:19] | -Charown. -Charown? | -卡戎 -卡戎 | 
| [25:21] | -“I do it because of charown.” -That’s Hebrew. | -我做这一切都是为了卡戎 -那是希伯来语 | 
| [25:23] | -It’s God’s burning anger. -Yeah. | -是上帝的盛怒 -对 | 
| [25:25] | The motive is now religious? | 那动机现在是定性为宗教意图了吗 | 
| [25:27] | Well, you know in a lot of religions, God is related to fire. | 你知道吗 在很多宗教中 神明与火息息相关 | 
| [25:30] | -Well, Agni is fire in Hinduism. -Yeah, purging with fire. | -在印度教中 婆罗门即为火 -对 用火净化 | 
| [25:32] | And the Jews see God as a pillar of fire. | 犹太人视上帝为圣火之柱 | 
| [25:34] | And Christians worship God as a consuming fire. | 还有基督徒敬奉上帝为烈火 | 
| [25:36] | Okay, so we’re looking for a theology major. | 那我们要找的是神学专业的学生 | 
| [25:38] | Maybe he’s punishing the other students for their sins. | 他可能是在惩罚其他学生的罪孽 | 
| [25:40] | I don’t want this. | 我不想要这个 | 
| [25:41] | What’s the most sinful place on campus? | 校园里罪孽最为深重的地方在哪 | 
| [25:43] | Come on, Elle, when I was in college it was everywhere. | 拜托 艾尔 我读大学的时候 整个校园都是 | 
| [25:45] | -Fraternity? -Campus bar? | -兄弟会? -校园酒吧? | 
| [25:48] | No, because that’s not consistent with the previous targets. | 不对 因为这跟之前的目标不一致 | 
| [25:50] | What about the idea of baptism by fire? | 会不会是烈火的洗礼? | 
| [25:52] | Aren’t we all supposed to be tested through fire in Revelations? | 在《启示录》中 我们不都应该经受烈火的考验吗 | 
| [25:54] | Look, it’s good, it’s good. | 这想法是很好 | 
| [25:55] | But, listen, please do not jump to conclusions. | 但听着 别急着下结论 | 
| [25:57] | Religion might be a part of it, | 宗教可能只是部分动机 | 
| [25:58] | but it’s not necessarily the prime compulsion. | 但不一定是纵火冲动的主要动机 | 
| [26:00] | Gideon, rush to conclusions, jump to conclusions, who cares? | 吉迪恩 快下结论 管他呢 | 
| [26:03] | -We are running out of time. -Compulsion. | -我们快没时间了 -冲动 | 
| [26:06] | What the… This is crazy! | 什么…真是疯了 | 
| [26:08] | Hey, Matt, get over here, you gotta see this. | 马特 快过来 快来看看这个 | 
| [26:10] | -The building’s on fire. -Bro! You getting this? | -那栋楼着火了 -哥们 你看见了吗 | 
| [26:12] | -Two of them. -Man, get out of the way. | -有两处着火了 -哥们 让开 | 
| [26:14] | -We should call campus security. -Nah, relax, man. | -我们应该打电话给校警 -不 放轻松 哥们 | 
| [26:16] | There’s always fires during rush week. | 迎新周发生火灾是常事 | 
| [26:18] | Yeah, but that’s pretty big. | 这话没错 但是这火势很猛 | 
| [26:19] | You know, it’s… | 你知道的 这… | 
| [26:20] | -Dude, over here. Check this out. -What is it? | -哥们 过来 看看这个 -这是什么 | 
| [26:22] | I don’t know, but it’s coming underneath the door. | 我不知道 不过这是从门下面进来的 | 
| [26:25] | -Is someone in the hallway? -Hey, someone’s trying to get in. | -有人在走廊里吗 -有人想要进来 | 
| [26:28] | Hey man, you should get away from there. | 哥们 你该离那远点 | 
| [26:29] | -Oh, my God. It smells like gas. -It’s kind of starting to… | -天啊 这闻起来像是汽油 -它开始… | 
| [26:32] | -God! -Oh, my God, man! | -天啊 -天啊 | 
| [26:34] | -Oh, my God! -Put me out! | -天啊 -快灭火救救我 | 
| [26:35] | Hold on! Oh, my God! | 坚持住 天啊 | 
| [26:37] | Oh, my God! Oh, my God! | 天啊 | 
| [26:39] | Hold on, man! | 坚持住 哥们 | 
| [26:59] | Outside the box. | 跳出思维定势 | 
| [27:11] | Keep thinking. | 继续思考 | 
| [27:13] | It’s like chess. | 就像是下国际象棋 | 
| [27:15] | Don’t look at just the next move. Try to look three moves ahead. | 别只想着下一步怎么走 试着往下想三步 | 
| [27:24] | What the… This is crazy! | 什么…真是疯了 | 
| [27:26] | Hey Matt, get over here, you gotta see this. | 马特 快过来 快来看看这个 | 
| [27:28] | -The building’s on fire. -Bro! You getting this? | -那栋楼着火了 -哥们 你看见了吗 | 
| [27:30] | -Two of them. -Man, get out of the way! | -有两处着火了 -哥们 让开 | 
| [27:32] | -We should call campus security. -Nah, relax, man. | -我们应该打电话给校警 -不 放轻松 哥们 | 
| [27:34] | There’s always fires during rush week. | 迎新周发生火灾是常事 | 
| [27:35] | Yeah, but that’s pretty big. | 这话没错 但是这火势很猛 | 
| [27:37] | You know it’s… | 你知道的 这… | 
| [27:38] | -Dude, over here. Check this out. -What is it? | -哥们 过来 看看这个 -这是什么 | 
| [27:41] | What the hell is that? | 那到底是什么 | 
| [27:43] | -Dude, over here. Check this out. -What is it? | -哥们 过来 看看这个 -这是什么 | 
| [27:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [27:48] | There’s always fires during rush week. | 迎新周发生火灾是常事 | 
| [27:51] | What the hell is that? | 那到底是什么 | 
| [27:52] | -Dude, over here. Check this out. -What is it? | -哥们 过来 看看这个 -这是什么 | 
| [27:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [28:11] | Three times. | 三次 | 
| [28:46] | Professor Wallace. Tuesday. 3:00. | 华莱士教授 周二 3点 | 
| [28:51] | I know why the profiles never fit. | 我知道为什么侧写总是对不上了 | 
| [28:53] | You were right to tell Morgan not to rely on precedent. | 你不让莫根依赖先例是对的 | 
| [28:55] | The fires thus far have been completely task-oriented. | 以往的纵火案都是以任务为导向的 | 
| [28:58] | So once they’re set, the UnSub is done? | 所以一旦放完火 不明嫌犯就完事了 | 
| [29:00] | Exactly. | 没错 | 
| [29:01] | The UnSub is not a classical serial arsonist. | 这个不明嫌犯不是典型的连环纵火犯 | 
| [29:03] | He’s someone who uses fire | 他纵火是因为 | 
| [29:05] | because of a completely different disorder. | 截然不同的心理失调 | 
| [29:07] | -Which is? -An extreme manifestation of OCD, | -哪种心理失调 -极为明显的强迫症 | 
| [29:10] | obsessive-compulsive disorder. | 强迫性神经官能症 | 
| [29:11] | He does everything in threes. | 他做任何事都以三为单位 | 
| [29:14] | And if I’m right, he’ll have to kill again. | 如果我没错的话 他还得再开杀戒 | 
| [29:22] | There’s a form of OCD called scrupulosity. | 强迫症的一种表现是多虑 | 
| [29:25] | Religious obsession and compulsion. | 宗教迷恋和强迫症 | 
| [29:26] | An obsessive fear of committing sin which creates so much anxiety | 对犯下罪孽强迫性地恐惧 由此产生过多焦虑 | 
| [29:30] | that he’s compelled to do something to ease that anxiety. | 迫使他去做些事来缓解那种焦虑 | 
| [29:32] | Like setting fires. | 比如纵火 | 
| [29:34] | -Where’s the behavioural evidence? -Right here. | -行为证据在哪 -在这儿 | 
| [29:38] | All right, remember the night of the three fires? | 好的 记得连续三起火灾的那晚吗 | 
| [29:40] | We saw the door knob turning against the lock. | 我们看到门把手在转 | 
| [29:45] | But he’s not trying to get in. | 但他不是想进去 | 
| [29:47] | He’s compelled to turn the door knob three times. | 他强迫自己转动门把手三次 | 
| [29:49] | Well, what about the fires? The first ones were single fires. | 那其他几起火灾呢 前面几起都是单场纵火 | 
| [29:54] | If the UnSub was OCD shouldn’t they have all been in threes? | 如果不明嫌犯有强迫症 不应该每次都有三起吗 | 
| [29:57] | They were in threes. In a trinity of threes. | 他们都有三 三位一体的三 | 
| [30:01] | -The first fire occurred on March 3rd. -3:00 p.m. Third day. Third month. | -第一起火灾发生在3月3日 -下午3点 第三天 第三个月 | 
| [30:06] | It’s that convergence of threes that causes the overwhelming anxiety. | 这种三个三的汇聚引发了过度焦虑 | 
| [30:10] | Obsessive-compulsives ease the anxiety by performing the compulsion. | 强迫症患者通过实施行为来缓解焦虑 | 
| [30:13] | What about the other fires? | 那其他几起火灾呢 | 
| [30:15] | -Professor Wallace? -Office number three. | -华莱士教授那起呢 -三号办公室 | 
| [30:19] | I checked for more patterns of threes. His class was on Tuesdays. | 我查到更多带三的模式 他周二上课 | 
| [30:22] | Third day of the week. | 从周日算的每周第三天 | 
| [30:23] | Matthew Rowland was in that class. It was his third class of the day. | 马修・罗兰也上这堂课 这是他一天里的第三堂课 | 
| [30:26] | If we looked into each of the fires | 如果我们查看每起火灾 | 
| [30:28] | we’d find a lot of patterns having to do with threes. | 我们会发现有诸多与三有关的模式 | 
| [30:30] | Because our minds are incredibly adept at seeking out patterns. | 因为我们的大脑非常擅长寻找规律 | 
| [30:33] | But to the UnSub, once that pattern hits… | 但是对不明嫌犯来说 一旦出现这种模式 | 
| [30:36] | He sets a fire. | 砰 他就会纵火 | 
| [30:37] | If the target was always people, why did no one die in the first few fires? | 如果他的目标一直是人 那为何最初的几起火灾都无人死亡 | 
| [30:41] | They were failures, up until Matthew Rowland. | 那些都是败笔 直到马修・罗兰那次 | 
| [30:49] | -What is it? -I think I know who it might be. | -怎么了 -我想我知道是谁了 | 
| [30:53] | And it’s not a he, it’s a she. | 而且不是男性 而是女性 | 
| [30:57] | Clara Hayes. | 克拉拉・海耶斯 | 
| [31:00] | A chemistry student. | 化学系学生 | 
| [31:01] | I’ll get you her records now. | 我马上就把资料调出来给你 | 
| [31:03] | First get campus security out and find her. | 先让校警去找她 | 
| [31:05] | She could set her next fire within hours. | 她会在几个小时内再次纵火 | 
| [31:07] | Okay, got it. Her apartment’s off-campus. | 好的 收到 她的公寓在校外 | 
| [31:10] | But how is he sure it’s this girl? | 但他是怎么确定是这女孩的 | 
| [31:12] | When I was talking to her and her classmates, | 我跟她和她的同学谈话时 | 
| [31:14] | I noticed something. | 我注意到一件事 | 
| [31:15] | A ring on her finger and she kept turning it. | 她手指上有枚戒指 然后她不停地转 | 
| [31:17] | -At intervals? -Of three. | -时间间隔是? -三次 | 
| [31:21] | And she counted off the ingredients of a light bulb bomb. | 还有她在报出灯泡炸弹成分时 | 
| [31:23] | Potassium, sulphur, and normal sugar. | 钾 硫磺 还有普通的糖 | 
| [31:30] | -Sugar. Sugar… -And the word sugar. | -糖 糖… -糖那个词 | 
| [31:33] | Yeah, and then she kept repeating it. | 对 她不停地重复 | 
| [31:35] | -Once she started, she couldn’t stop. -Yeah, it’s palilalia. | -一旦开始 她就停不下来 -对 这是言语重复症 | 
| [31:37] | It’s the involuntary repetition of words. | 即不自觉地重复某些话 | 
| [31:39] | Howard Hughes had it when his OCD worsened. | 霍华德・休斯在其强迫症恶化时 也有这个症状 | 
| [31:41] | Clara and her classmates were working on a project about gravitational pull. | 克拉拉和她的同学正在做一个 关于万有引力的课题 | 
| [31:44] | The three-body problem. | 三体问题 | 
| [31:58] | No one in here. | 里面没人 | 
| [32:00] | Clear. | 安全 | 
| [32:05] | You gotta be kidding. OCD? I’m thinking more like OMG. | 天啊 开什么玩笑 强迫症 我觉得更像是额滴神啊 | 
| [32:09] | -OMG? -“Oh, my God.” | -额滴神? -“我的天啊”的意思 | 
| [32:12] | “A fire is kindled in my anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell.” | “以我满腔怒火 直烧到阴曹地府” | 
| [32:16] | Deuteronomy. | 《申命记》 | 
| [32:17] | “And again the fire of heaven came down and killed them all.” | “天堂之火再次从天而降 将把他们全部吞噬” | 
| [32:20] | “I do this for Charon.” That’s Charon. | “我做这一切都是为了卡戎” 那就是卡戎 | 
| [32:24] | That’s the Greek mythological ferryman of the dead. | 那是希腊神话中的亡灵摆渡人 | 
| [32:27] | It’s also the name of Pluto’s only moon. | 也是冥王星唯一卫星的名字 | 
| [32:29] | Paradise Lost. | 《失乐园》 | 
| [32:31] | “Moloch, horrid King, | “莫洛克神 可怕的国王” | 
| [32:33] | “besmeared with blood of human sacrifice, and parents’ tears.” | “沾满了人祭的鲜血和双亲的泪水” | 
| [32:37] | Moloch was the demon sun god of the Canaanites. | 莫洛克神是迦南人的魔鬼太阳神 | 
| [32:40] | In order to keep from incurring his wrath, | 为了免受他的怒火 | 
| [32:42] | the people would sacrifice their children to them by burning them alive. | 人们将自己的孩子活活烧死献祭给他 | 
| [32:48] | “Sixteen-year-old survives inferno. | “16岁女孩从炼狱生还” | 
| [32:50] | “The mother, Ellen Hayes, called it a miracle. | “其母埃伦・海耶斯称之为奇迹” | 
| [32:52] | “My daughter was tested by God. | “我女儿通过了上帝的考验” | 
| [32:54] | “He tested my child and she came through blessed.” | “他考验了我的孩子 而她得到了祝福” | 
| [32:57] | Look at the house number. | 看门牌号 | 
| [33:00] | Three-three-three. | 333号 | 
| [33:02] | Hey, Morgan. | 莫根 | 
| [33:03] | -You know what magical thinking is? -Obsessive thoughts. | -你知道什么是异想吗 -强迫性思维 | 
| [33:07] | It’s like a superstition. It controls them. | 就像是迷信 会控制人心 | 
| [33:09] | Like, “Step on a crack, break your mother’s back.” | 像是“脚把裂缝踩 妈妈背折断” | 
| [33:14] | Except she actually believes it. | 而她真的相信这些 | 
| [33:16] | Yeah, God tested her with fire. | 对 上帝以火考验了她 | 
| [33:20] | And now, when three threes… | 现在当三个三… | 
| [33:23] | Three threes show up around another person… | 三个三出现在别人身上时 | 
| [33:27] | God tells her to test them. | 就是上帝喻示她去考验他们 | 
| [33:34] | Security’s checking the science building. | 校警正在检查科学楼 | 
| [33:35] | Well, where else would she be? | 她还能去哪 | 
| [33:37] | We need to find the next pattern of threes. | 我们得找到下一个三个三模式 | 
| [33:40] | Hey, Hotch. We’re looking, man. | 霍奇 我们还在找 | 
| [33:41] | I don’t think she would’ve left behind a day planner that says, | 我觉得她不会留下一张日程表 | 
| [33:44] | “Set Next Fire Here” written in it. | 上面写着下一次纵火的地点 | 
| [33:49] | Yeah, I understand… Wait until you see this place. | 是 我明白… 等你看到这个地方再说吧 | 
| [33:52] | Morgan? | 莫根 | 
| [33:54] | I’ll call you back. | 我回头再打给你 | 
| [34:02] | There must be 30 homemade bombs in here. | 这里起码有30个自制炸弹 | 
| [34:04] | Morgan, seal the building. | 莫根 封锁大楼 | 
| [34:05] | Get everybody out of there and walk away. | 疏散那里的所有人 你们也离开 | 
| [34:07] | We need to send our people into every building, | 我们需要派我们的人进入每一栋楼 | 
| [34:08] | have them start pulling fire alarms. | 让他们拉响火警 | 
| [34:10] | -Please. Go! -Okay. Okay. | -拜托了 快去 -好的 | 
| [34:11] | We need a map of the campus. | 我们需要一份校园地图 | 
| [34:12] | We need to find anything and everything | 我们得找到 | 
| [34:13] | having to do with the number three. | 所有和数字三相关的东西 | 
| [34:14] | -Where’s the blueprint? -Hell, no. I am not leaving. | -规划图在哪 -没门 我才不走呢 | 
| [34:17] | Look, I have too much to do. | 我还有太多的事情要做 | 
| [34:19] | All right, I bought one of those mini halon fire extinguishers. | 好吧 我买了个迷你卤代烷灭火器 | 
| [34:22] | They started selling them at the bookstore. | 他们已经开始在书店里售卖了 | 
| [34:24] | It’s pretty morbid, right? | 很变态 对吧 | 
| [34:26] | Hey, I’m about to get into an elevator so I’ll probably lose you. | 我马上要进电梯了 所以可能会没信号 | 
| [34:29] | All right, bye-bye. | 好的 再见 | 
| [35:04] | You got the science building? | 你搞定科学楼没有? | 
| [35:05] | All the corridors and stairwells are clear. | 所有走廊和楼梯井都已清空 | 
| [35:07] | The elevator closets checked. No elevators are in service. | 电梯间已检查完毕 没有电梯在使用中 | 
| [35:15] | It’s not gonna start. | 这样启动不了的 | 
| [35:17] | -Don’t you have the key? -I put it back on the hook in the office. | -你不是有钥匙吗 -我把它挂在办公室里了 | 
| [35:21] | Aren’t you supposed to be able to hear the Emergency Call button? | 你们没听说过紧急呼救按钮吗 | 
| [35:23] | Maybe it’s broken. | 可能坏了 | 
| [35:28] | -Or turned off. -I say we pry open the doors. | -或者被关掉了 -不如我们把门撬开吧 | 
| [35:33] | You can’t pry them all the way open. It’s a safety precaution. | 那扇门无法完全打开 这是安全预防措施 | 
| [35:36] | Maybe we can try yelling for help. | 也许我们可以试试大声呼救 | 
| [35:42] | That’s the fire alarm. | 那是火警警报 | 
| [35:50] | Jason, wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 杰森 等等 | 
| [35:52] | Clara Hayes is very likely a good person. | 克拉拉・海耶斯很可能是个好人 | 
| [35:53] | Someone who never wanted to do anyone any harm, | 从来不想伤害任何人 | 
| [35:55] | like any other rational person. | 就像其他有理性的人一样 | 
| [35:57] | But there’s nothing rational about obsessive-compulsive disorder. | 但强迫症没有任何理性可言 | 
| [35:59] | Research suggests OCD involves problems in communication | 研究表明 强迫症涉及到 | 
| [36:02] | between the frontal part of the brain and the orbital cortex. | 大脑额叶和眶额皮层之间的沟通障碍 | 
| [36:05] | Plus deeper structures, the basal ganglia. | 还包括更深处的组织 基底核 | 
| [36:06] | You can’t reason with her | 你没法跟她讲道理 | 
| [36:08] | because you can’t reason with a physiological problem. | 因为你没法跟生理问题讲道理 | 
| [36:09] | She’s not setting these fires because she wants to, but because she has to. | 她纵火不是因为她想做 而是因为她不得不做 | 
| [36:13] | -What are you trying to say? -Don’t try to convince her to stop. | -你想要说明什么 -别试图劝她停手 | 
| [36:15] | Because you won’t be able to. | 因为你办不到 | 
| [36:23] | That’s it? It won’t go any further? | 只能打开到这程度吗 不能再打开了吗 | 
| [36:27] | I told you. It’s a built-in safety precaution. | 我告诉过你 这是内置的安全预防措施 | 
| [36:31] | Help! Somebody help us! Hello! | 救命 来人帮帮我们 有人吗 | 
| [36:36] | Somebody help us! Please! | 来帮帮我们 求求你们 | 
| [36:38] | Somebody… We’re trapped down here. Somebody help us! | 有人吗 我们被困在这儿了 来人帮帮我们 | 
| [36:45] | Clara. | 克拉拉 | 
| [36:46] | -Clara, thank God. -It’s all right. | -克拉拉 谢天谢地 -没事的 | 
| [36:49] | Clara, go back to the office and get the elevator key. | 克拉拉 回办公室去把电梯钥匙拿来 | 
| [36:52] | It’s okay. I’m here to save you. | 没事了 我是来救你们的 | 
| [36:57] | Go get the key, Clara. Go… The elevator key. | 去拿钥匙啊 克拉拉 快去拿电梯钥匙 | 
| [36:59] | -Clara, get the key! -Clara! Clara, wait! | -克拉拉 快去拿钥匙 -克拉拉 等等 | 
| [37:01] | -The key! -Is this building on fire? | -去拿钥匙 -这栋楼着火了吗 | 
| [37:03] | Clara? | 克拉拉 | 
| [37:05] | Not yet. | 还没有 | 
| [37:13] | -It’s clear up here. Anything? -Nothing. | -这儿都清空了 你发现什么了吗 -没有 | 
| [37:16] | No girl, no smoke, no fire. | 没有女孩 没有烟 没有火 | 
| [37:19] | -Where did she go? -Maybe she’s getting the key. | -她去哪里了 -也许她去拿钥匙了 | 
| [37:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [37:31] | What is she doing? | 她在做什么 | 
| [37:34] | Someone coming to help? | 有人来帮忙了吗 | 
| [37:36] | I’m here to help. I’m here to save you. | 我就是来帮忙的 我是来拯救你们的 | 
| [37:42] | God chose you. | 上帝选中了你们 | 
| [37:45] | Chose you, chose you. | 选中了你们 | 
| [37:47] | Clara? | 克拉拉 | 
| [37:48] | -Father. Son. -Oh, my God! | -圣父 圣子 -天啊 | 
| [37:52] | -Holy Ghost. -Clara. Clara? Listen to me. | -圣灵 -克拉拉 听我说 | 
| [37:54] | -Clara… -Clara, listen… | -克拉拉 -克拉拉 听着 | 
| [37:55] | It’s gasoline! | 是汽油 | 
| [38:02] | -Clara, listen! -Oh, God! Clara, no! | -克拉拉 听着 -天啊 克拉拉 不要 | 
| [38:06] | Security’s sure that they’ve cleared the science building? | 校警确定他们疏散了整栋科学楼吗 | 
| [38:08] | The guards made sure all the floors are empty | 校警确定所有楼层都已清空 | 
| [38:10] | and no elevators are in service. | 没有电梯在使用中 | 
| [38:12] | Need a key to get it moving after 10:00 p.m. | 晚上10点以后 你得用钥匙才能启动它 | 
| [38:15] | -Clara? -Oh, my God! Oh, my God! | -克拉拉 -天啊 | 
| [38:18] | Clara? Clara? Put it down, Clara! | 克拉拉 把它灭了 克拉拉 | 
| [38:20] | -I’m still looking. -Focus on the girl. | -我还在找 -集中在那女孩身上 | 
| [38:24] | She was failing out. This was gonna be her last semester. | 她没能及格 这是她的最后一学期 | 
| [38:26] | That’s the stressor. What else? | 这是应激源 还有呢 | 
| [38:28] | Let’s see, she was a researcher in the science building. | 我看看 她是科学楼的研究员 | 
| [38:31] | We know that. They already cleared the science building. | 我们知道这一点 他们已经清空了科学楼 | 
| [38:33] | The third floor of the science building is under construction. | 科学楼的三楼正在装修 | 
| [38:36] | I’m on my way. | 我马上过去 | 
| [38:42] | -Clara! Please. -Clara! | -克拉拉 求求你 -克拉拉 | 
| [38:44] | Clara, you don’t have to do this, all right? | 克拉拉 你不必这么做 好吗 | 
| [38:46] | Somebody help us! | 来人救救我们 | 
| [38:49] | I have to do this. | 我不得不这么做 | 
| [38:51] | You know it’s not rational, Clara. You were trying to tell me. | 你知道这是不理智的 克拉拉 你有试着告诉我 | 
| [38:54] | God chose me to be tested. | 上帝选中了我去接受考验 | 
| [38:56] | -And now he’s chosen them. -Do something! | -现在他选中了他们 -做点什么 | 
| [38:58] | If I don’t do this, something terrible will happen. | 如果我不这么做 就会发生可怕的事 | 
| [39:01] | What’s gonna happen, Clara? A flood? An earthquake? | 会发生什么事 克拉拉? 洪水还是地震? | 
| [39:03] | You know this isn’t rational. | 你知道这是不理智的 | 
| [39:05] | -I know, I know, I know. -Then resist. | -我知道 -那就抵抗它 | 
| [39:08] | -I can’t! -Clara? | -我做不到 -克拉拉 | 
| [39:10] | -Clara, listen to me. -Oh, my God! Clara! Don’t! | -克拉拉 听我说 -天啊 克拉拉 不要 | 
| [39:13] | They must be tested. God’s wrath… | 他们必须经受考验 上帝的怒火 | 
| [39:17] | Clara, you told me it was a chemistry student. | 克拉拉 你告诉过我 这是化学系学生干的 | 
| [39:19] | You left the message about Charon. | 你留下了关于卡戎的信息 | 
| [39:21] | -Charon, Charon, Moloch. -You wanna stop. | -卡戎 莫洛克神 -你想要停手 | 
| [39:25] | -Father, Son… -Clara. | -圣父 圣子 -克拉拉 | 
| [39:28] | …Holy Ghost. | 圣灵 | 
| [39:29] | -Clara, stop! -God chose them. | -克拉拉 停手 -上帝选中了他们 | 
| [39:40] | I thought you said not to reason with her? | 我记得你说过别和她讲道理 | 
| [39:44] | Get us out of here! | 快把我们弄出去 | 
| [39:48] | You know, I figured it out. | 你知道吗 我弄清楚了 | 
| [39:51] | The stutter. | 关于口吃的成因 | 
| [39:58] | You know why the Footpath Killer stuttered? | 你知道小径杀手有口吃的原因了? | 
| [39:59] | When you and Hotch were talking earlier, that’s when I got it. | 就在你和霍奇之前谈话的时候 我搞明白了 | 
| [40:03] | He said he was just trying to stall Clara. | 他说他只是想要拖住克拉拉 | 
| [40:05] | Right. | 对 | 
| [40:07] | Well, that’s it, isn’t it? | 那就是了 不是吗 | 
| [40:09] | The Footpath Killer. You were just trying to stall him. | 小径杀手 你也只是想要拖住他 | 
| [40:12] | You said, “I know why you stutter”, because you were buying time. | 你说“我知道你为什么会口吃” 是因为你在拖时间 | 
| [40:16] | You were stalling. | 你在拖延 | 
| [40:18] | But you don’t really know why he stuttered. | 但你并非真的知道他有口吃的原因 | 
| [40:22] | -I don’t? -I looked it up. No one does. | -我不知道吗 -我查过了 没人知道 | 
| [40:29] | There are some theories about a neurological basis. | 有一些基于神经学的理论 | 
| [40:33] | But they’re just theories. | 但那些都只是理论 | 
| [40:39] | What really happened in the convenience store? | 在那家便利店里到底发生了什么 | 
| [40:44] | I’ll tell you what I do know about a stutter. | 我来告诉你 我所知道的关于口吃者的事 | 
| [40:47] | I know how to provoke one. | 我知道怎么惹怒他 | 
| [41:02] | Now the key. | 现在把钥匙拿下来 | 
| [41:42] | Thirteen. | 13个人 | 
| [41:46] | We only found six. | 我们只找到六个 | 
| [41:50] | -Are you impressed? -Yeah. | -是不是很惊人? -是的 | 
| [41:54] | I didn’t know you could count. | 我不知道你还能数数 | 
| [41:57] | Our profile said you’d be too stupid. | 我们的侧写说你很愚蠢 | 
| [42:01] | We also said you’d be a chronic bed-wetter. | 我们还说你会是个长期尿床的人 | 
| [42:08] | You take… | 你拿上… | 
| [42:13] | What? | 什么 | 
| [42:15] | The cam… The cam… | 那个相… | 
| [42:18] | I don’t know what you’re trying to say. | 我不知道你想要说什么 | 
| [42:19] | You take the cam, the cam, the cam… | 你拿上那个相…… | 
| [42:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [42:29] | I have no idea what you’re trying to say. | 我完全不知道你想说什么 | 
| [42:32] | You take… You take the cam… The cam… | 你拿上…你拿上那个相… | 
| [42:36] | Say it. | 说出来 | 
| [42:38] | The cam… The cam… | 那个相… | 
| [42:41] | Just spit it out. | 快说出来 | 
| [42:42] | -Just… -The cam… | -快说 -那个相… | 
| [42:50] | Come on! | 快点 | 
| [42:58] | Faulkner once said, | 福克纳曾说过 | 
| [43:00] | “Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors, | “别自寻烦恼 只想着超越同时代的人或是先辈” | 
| [43:04] | “try to be better than yourself.” | “努力超越你自己吧” | 
| [43:09] | Check in three. | 三步将死 | 
| [43:13] | Not bad. | 不错 | 
| [43:25] | Checkmate. | 将军 | 
| [43:30] | Don’t worry. You’re getting there. | 别担心 你会有赢的那一天 |