时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | No, rotate. | 不对 要旋转 |
[00:32] | You have to rotate it. | 你必须得旋转 |
[00:38] | Jesus Christ. May I? | 天哪 让我来 可以吗 |
[01:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:15] | That’s Linda Tripp. | 她是琳达·特里普 |
[01:35] | Morning, Ron. | 早上好 罗恩 |
[01:45] | Hello, Ken, it’s Linda Tripp. Again. | 你好 肯 还是我 琳达·特里普 |
[01:48] | It was alarming enough to be asked to write a how-to manual | 让我写自己岗位的操作手册… |
[01:51] | for my own job, but it has now been nearly one month | …已经够吓人的了 |
[01:53] | since I requested the materials I need to even | 但我一直在催讨的 我起头要用的材料 |
[01:57] | attempt to start on this, and-and still I’ve received nothing. | 却一个月了还没收到 |
[02:10] | At a minimum, I will need my correspondence books | 至少要把我的通讯录给我 |
[02:12] | and all volumes of the archival histories of JCOC 59 and 60. | 还有59-60年的所有联民会档案 |
[02:21] | If anyone cast the slightest glance at my cubicle, | 这些东西都在我的办公桌上 |
[02:24] | they would easily find all of these on my desk there. | 一眼就能看到 |
[02:31] | Lucianne, have you had any occasion to talk to Linda recently? | 露茜安 你最近和琳达谈过话吗? |
[02:35] | I haven’t talked to Linda since the day she wore the wire | 从琳达戴着窃听器去丽思酒店那天起 |
[02:38] | 露茜安·哥德堡 琳达·特里普的朋友 | |
[02:39] | to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. | 我就没和她说过话 |
[02:40] | Judge Starr asked her not to be in touch. | 斯塔尔叫她别和他人接触 |
[02:43] | – With anyone? – Right, with anyone. | -任何人吗 -对 |
[02:45] | Are you surprised that only one out of ten Americans… | 全国只有十分之一的人赞同她 |
[02:48] | …view her favorably? | 你对此吃惊吗 |
[02:49] | No, not with how the White House and sundry sympathetic people | 不吃惊 因为白宫及其所有同情者们 |
[02:53] | have framed the discussion of Linda in such a negative way. | 对琳达的讨论都极为负面 |
[02:56] | Do you think it also might be that people don’t like people… | 也可能是大家都不喜欢对朋友私下录音的人 |
[03:00] | …who tape their friends? | 你认为呢 |
[03:15] | Rotate. | 要旋转 |
[03:31] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -嗨 |
[03:33] | This is all that there was. Nothing from your office… | 就这些 没有你办公室里的东西 |
[03:42] | And I… I checked the machine. | 我看了一下电话 |
[03:44] | This lady named Jane from The New Yorker, | 《纽约客》杂志有位叫简的女士… |
[03:47] | she left, like, four messages. | …留下了四条留言 |
[03:48] | – She’s writing an article about… – Fabulous. | -她正在写一篇… -太好了 |
[03:50] | There’s absolutely nothing I can do about that. | 我现在根本无能为力 |
[03:53] | Well, you could at least call her back and talk to her. | 你可以给她回个电话 |
[03:55] | Allison, my attorney made it very plain. It would be unwise. | 艾莉森 我的律师说过 这是不明智的 |
[03:58] | I would lose my immunity. | 我会失去豁免权的 |
[04:00] | Meanwhile, the Clintons get to turn me into Joseph Goebbels. | 此外 克林顿夫妇也想把我描绘成戈培尔 |
[04:05] | And the whole world believes them. | 全世界都相信他们 |
[04:09] | Mom, just come home already. | 妈妈 还是回家去吧 |
[04:14] | I’m sick of staying with Dad. | 我不喜欢和老爸住 |
[04:18] | Can’t blame you on that. | 这也难怪你 |
[04:21] | The reporters are gone from our street and I go by every day. | 街上已没记者了 我每天都去那里 |
[04:24] | Well, you shouldn’t. | 你别去 |
[04:26] | It’s not safe. | 不安全 |
[04:28] | But there’s no one there anymore. | 但那里已经没人了 |
[04:30] | I mean, come on. Mom? This? This is not healthy. | 你别这样了 妈妈 这样对你不好的 |
[04:34] | You have your grand jury thing, you are under | 你要去见大陪审团 |
[04:36] | so much stress and you are just sitting here alone | 压力那么大 又一个人待在这里 |
[04:38] | all day, reading articles about yourself. | 成天看这些写你的文章 |
[04:43] | It’s not just my testimony. | 我不光要作证 |
[04:47] | I’m going to make a statement. | 我还要发表声明 |
[04:49] | What do you mean? | 啥意思 |
[04:50] | I’ve decided, once I have my freedom back, | 我决定了 等我可以回去后 |
[04:54] | I’m going to give a speech. I’m going to address the nation. | 我要发表声明 我要告诉全美国 |
[04:58] | What are you going to say? | 告诉什么 |
[05:01] | I’m simply going to tell my story. | 讲一讲我的故事 |
[05:23] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[05:25] | He didn’t get paraded down to the courthouse. | 他不用去法院作证 |
[05:29] | He got to testify at home. | 可以在家作证 |
[05:31] | I’m not the president. | 我又不是总统 |
[05:34] | Okay, no, really… | 没事的 |
[05:35] | how do I look? I’m going for “Not a deranged whore.” | 怎么样 我不像一个“疯癫的破鞋”吧 |
[05:39] | Okay, what do you want me to say? | 那该怎么说 |
[05:42] | I’m about to be questioned by 23 strangers, | 我要接受23个陌生人的提问 |
[05:46] | and whoever they are, I’m sure they already hate me. | 不管他们是谁 肯定都很讨厌我 |
[05:49] | Are you ready? | 你好了吗 |
[05:54] | We committed ourselves to a comprehensive strategy | 我们承诺过要出台一个综合性的策略 |
[05:58] | to lower the crime rate and make America a safer place to live. | 降低犯罪率 让美国变得更加安全 |
[06:04] | – I gave him that tie. – What? | -这根领带是我送他的 -什么 |
[06:06] | has shown remarkable result. | …已颇有成效 |
[06:08] | It’s Zegna. I bought it at the Neiman’s in Mazza Gallerie. | 是我在马扎商城尼曼店买的杰尼亚领带 |
[06:11] | – Does he know that she is testifying today. – I’m sure. | -他知道今天她要作证吗 -那肯定 |
[06:15] | Do you think he’s trying to send her a message? | 你觉得这是他在提醒她吗 |
[06:17] | I mean, is that even legal? | 这合法吗 |
[06:18] | – Mom. – Should I tell someone about that? | -妈 -这事我要说吗 |
[06:21] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[06:23] | I’m not going to let it mess me up. | 这影响不了我 |
[06:35] | She’s here, she’s here! She’s in that car! | 她来了 她在那辆车里 |
[06:39] | – Monica! – Hey, Monica! | -莫妮卡 -喂 莫妮卡 |
[06:45] | I can save you, Monica! | 我能拯救你 莫妮卡 |
[06:49] | You are going to hell! | 你会下地狱 |
[06:51] | Monica, how are you feeling? | 莫妮卡 你有何感受 |
[06:54] | Monica, are you in love with the president? | 莫妮卡 你爱总统吗 |
[06:58] | Feel ready? | 感觉如何? |
[06:59] | I’m just excited to see the inside of a courtroom. | 看到法庭我很兴奋 |
[07:02] | You know, this is the first time… | 我一直干秘书活 |
[07:03] | …Starr’s given me anything to do beyond secretarial work. | 这是第一次被斯塔尔委以重任 |
[07:07] | He is old-fashioned. | 他是个老派 |
[07:09] | And look, Monica and I are familiar, | 虽然我和莫妮卡比较熟 |
[07:11] | but Starr does have a point. | 但斯塔尔想的也对 |
[07:14] | It’s better that a woman asks some of these questions. | 有些问题还是女的来问比较好 |
[07:17] | – She’s here. – Okay. | -她来了 -好 |
[07:19] | You can bring in the jury. | 让陪审团进来吧 |
[07:30] | – Are they already in there? – Yes, they’ve just been seated. | -他们都在里面了吗? -对 他们刚到 |
[07:34] | We’ll be right out here, anytime you need. | 我们会在这里等你 |
[07:52] | Good morning. | 上午好 |
[07:54] | You can have a seat right there. | 坐在那里吧 |
[08:08] | – Can you raise your right hand? – Sure, yes. | -请你举起右手好吗? -好 |
[08:13] | Do you, Monica S. Lewinsky, swear to tell the truth, | 莫妮卡·莱温斯基 你能否向上帝发誓 |
[08:16] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? | 你所讲的一切均为事实 |
[08:19] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[08:26] | Now, Ms. Lewinsky, what we’re going to do is we’re going to… | 莱温斯基女士 我们现在要谈的… |
[08:29] | …start off talking about your relationship with the president. | …是你和总统之间的关系 |
[08:34] | Do I not get to learn people’s names? | 我可以知道他们的名字吗 |
[08:40] | The answer to that is no. | 这个不可以 |
[08:42] | Um, I know it seems kind of… | 我理解 你会感觉… |
[08:44] | Kind of awkward. | 有点难堪 |
[08:46] | It’s important that the record have no identifications. | 重要的是 记录里不能有他们的姓名 |
[08:50] | Okay. | 明白 |
[08:52] | Now, as we have discussed, our office feels you’ll be more… | 我们经过讨论 觉得有些问题… |
[08:54] | …comfortable getting certain questions from Ms. Immergut, | …让伊玛格特女士来问 你会感觉舒服些 |
[08:57] | so I’m going to turn it over to her now. | 所以先让她来向你提问 |
[09:01] | Ms. Lewinsky, can you tell the grand jury: | 莱温斯基女士 你能否告诉陪审团 |
[09:04] | when did you start your relationship | 你和美国总统之间的男女关系 |
[09:07] | with the president of the United States? | 起始于何时 |
[09:10] | November 15, 1995. | 1995年11月15日 |
[09:12] | It was during the shutdown when I was assigned to the West Wing. | 那时恰逢政府停摆 我被派往西厢工作 |
[09:16] | Can you tell the grand jury what happened? | 能把经过告诉陪审团吗 |
[09:20] | Around… around 8:00 in the evening | 大约在晚上八点 |
[09:23] | I was headed into Mr. Stephanopoulos’s office. | 我去斯特凡诺普洛斯先生的办公室 |
[09:27] | The president… was in there. | 总统也在那里 |
[09:30] | He invited me into the next room and… | 他邀请我去隔壁的房间 |
[09:34] | … then…we kissed. | 后来 我们就接吻了 |
[09:37] | Did anything else happen between you? | 此外还发生了什么 |
[09:45] | And we were more… physically intimate after that. | 接吻过后 我们的举动就更亲热了 |
[09:51] | And what do you mean by that? | 那是什么意思 |
[10:05] | On that occasion, did you perform oral sex on the president? | 在那天 你替总统实施口交了吗 |
[10:09] | God, this is embarrassing. | 天哪 这太令人难堪了 |
[10:11] | I assure you we won’t be dwelling on this. | 你放心 我们不会老问这个的 |
[10:17] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[10:18] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[10:21] | Was there any other physical intimacy performed? | 还有其他亲昵举动发生吗 |
[10:28] | Everything up to oral sex. | 只是口交而已 |
[10:32] | Now, to avoid you… | 接下来 |
[10:33] | …having to go into each subsequent act of physical intimacy, | 为了让你避免重述肌肤之亲的行为 |
[10:37] | we’ll introduce what we have marked… | 我们将呈现一份清单 |
[10:40] | …as Exhibit ML-7. | 名为“莫·莱证据7” |
[10:48] | 96年1月7日: 幽会-傍晚时分 -约45钟-书房卫生间 -肌肤相亲 包括口交 | |
[10:58] | Did you provide all the information listed on this chart? | 清单上的内容均是你提供的吗 |
[11:07] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[11:09] | This details… | 这里所写的 |
[11:10] | …each of your sexual encounters with President Clinton. | 你与克林顿总统的每一次性接触 |
[11:13] | To the best of your knowledge, is it all accurate? | 在你看来 是否全部准确无误 |
[11:17] | Yes. I want to hide under this table, but yes. | 虽然我已无地自容 但是 都准确 |
[11:22] | Ms. Lewinsky, did your relationship with the president | 莱温斯基女士 在你和总统的关系里 |
[11:26] | have a… | 是否含有… |
[11:29] | …non-sexual component? | …与性无关的内容 |
[11:32] | – Yes, it did. – Could you describe that for the grand jury? | -有 -你能向陪审团描述一下吗 |
[11:35] | Sure, um… | 当然可以 |
[11:39] | It was more than just… | 我们不光是… |
[11:43] | We enjoyed being with each other. | 我们在一起时很愉快 |
[11:48] | He’d… we would tell jokes, | 他… 我们会讲笑话 |
[11:50] | talk about our childhoods, current events. | 会讲述各自的童年和现在 |
[11:53] | Sometimes we’d just… | 有时我们… |
[11:57] | Um, we’d just be affectionate. | 我们会很深情 |
[12:00] | He’d push my hair out of my face. | 他会缕开我脸上的头发 |
[12:04] | I think back on it and… | 回想起这些… |
[12:06] | he always made me smile when I was with him. | 他总能让我笑得很开心 |
[12:09] | It was a lot of… | 更多的时候… |
[12:15] | He was sunshine. | 他就是我的阳光 |
[12:24] | We okay for a break? | 能暂停一下吗 |
[12:26] | Yeah, ten minutes? | 十分钟够吗 |
[12:29] | Ten minutes, everyone. | 休息十分钟 各位 |
[12:53] | Moving through your affidavit here, let me ask you a question. | 看了你的书面证词 我要问你一个问题 |
[12:57] | Paragraph eight begins, | 第八行写道: |
[12:59] | “I have never had a sexual relationship with the president.” | “我和总统之间从未有过性关系” |
[13:04] | Is that true? | 这正确吗 |
[13:07] | – No. – Okay, | -不正确 -好 |
[13:09] | so the next logical follow-up is: | 那么接下来我自然要问 |
[13:11] | why were you willing to say something false | 你当时甘冒违法的风险来说谎 |
[13:14] | under penalty of perjury? | 这是为什么 |
[13:18] | I did not think my private relationship was anyone’s business. | 我当时觉得这是我的私事 与他人无关 |
[13:26] | No one asked me to lie… not the president, not anyone. | 没人叫我撒谎 包括总统在内 没人 |
[13:30] | I made that decision. | 我这么做… |
[13:32] | By myself. | 是自己决定的 |
[13:34] | And I wish I hadn’t, to put it mildly. | 我不得不说 我不该那样 |
[13:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:40] | Now, the grand jury has some questions for you. | 现在 陪审团要问你几个问题 |
[13:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:46] | Did you and the president ever talk about… | 你和总统是否谈论过 |
[13:48] | …denying the relationship if anyone asked about it? | 如果有人问起 要否认这层关系 |
[13:51] | I offered that on my own. I always told him I would deny it. | 我是主动要否认的 我一直对他这么说 |
[13:55] | Why did you keep that stained black dress? | 你为何留着那条裙子 |
[13:57] | – It’s a blue dress. – Blue. | -那条蓝裙子 -对 |
[13:59] | Answer the question, please. | 请回答 |
[14:01] | Well, I have a lot of | 我的衣服有很多 |
[14:03] | clothes, and so I don’t usually dry-clean things | 我不经常拿去干洗 |
[14:06] | until I’m going to wear them again. | 总要拖到想穿时才会去洗 |
[14:08] | Like, I don’t know how you guys are, | 我不知道你们是怎样的 |
[14:11] | but you have clothes to dry-clean | 但我的脏外衣… |
[14:12] | and you kind of keep them in your closet until you | …都堆在衣柜里 |
[14:14] | dry-clean them all together when you need them. | 然后想穿时再一起拿去干洗 |
[14:16] | And now I feel like I’m talking about | 我可能… |
[14:19] | dry-cleaning too much and the process around dry-cleaning. | …把洗衣服的程序说得太唠叨了一点 |
[14:23] | Anyway, with that dress… | 另外 那条裙子… |
[14:26] | I was going to wear it again | 我本来是想再穿的 |
[14:28] | and when I told Linda that, | 但当我告诉琳达时 |
[14:30] | she told me I looked heavy in it. | 她说我穿着显胖 |
[14:34] | Um, so I-I never ended up wearing it again. | 所以我最后就没去穿它 |
[14:36] | Ergo I never cleaned it. | 因此 也没去洗它 |
[14:39] | Does that answer your question? | 这个回答可以吗 |
[14:42] | Ms. Lewinsky, did your mother ever discourage | 莱温斯基女士 对于你和总统的关系 |
[14:46] | your relationship with the president? | 你母亲劝阻过你吗 |
[14:49] | Yes. | 劝阻过 |
[14:51] | Well, then, what kept it going? | 那你为何还要继续 |
[14:55] | I fell in love. | 我爱上他了 |
[14:58] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[14:59] | You said you felt you were in a real relationship. | 你说你的感觉就像是在恋爱 |
[15:03] | A real connection. | 是动了真情 |
[15:05] | – Yes. – With this married man. | -对 -而他是个有妇之夫 |
[15:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:09] | It’s been in the papers you had a relationship before. | 报纸上说 你以前也谈过一次恋爱 |
[15:12] | Similar to this, a married man. | 和这次一样 对方也是有妇之夫 |
[15:16] | The way Kate and Andy Bleiler made it seem on TV, | 凯特和安迪在电视上的讲话 |
[15:19] | it’s not entirely accurate. | 是完全不准确的 |
[15:21] | I-If that’s the part that you’re, um… | 如果你想说这个… |
[15:23] | The only part I know is that | 我只知道 |
[15:24] | he was a married man and had a family. | 他是个有妇之夫 他有家庭 |
[15:28] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:29] | Like I know about the president. | 我知道 总统也是如此 |
[15:33] | We’re asked to trust your version of events, | 你想让我们相信你所说的话 |
[15:36] | but it seems you arrived in D.C. and sought out… | 但看起来你来华盛顿寻找的是婚外恋 |
[15:40] | …an affair based on deception and lies. | 那是建立在谎言和欺骗之上的恋情 |
[15:44] | Did you not believe that this was wrong? | 你不觉得这是错误的吗 |
[15:51] | My intention… | 我的目的… |
[15:54] | when I came to Washington was to start over. | 我来华府是想重新开始生活 |
[15:58] | I did not want to have another affair with a married man | 我不想再爱上有妇之夫 |
[16:01] | because it was horrible. | 因为这很痛苦 |
[16:03] | And I don’t know why I did it again. | 我不知道我为何又会这样 |
[16:05] | I just know that I did it again. | 我只知道我又这样了 |
[16:10] | And I know a lot of people think that’s wrong, and so do I. | 我知道大家都认为这是错误的 我也这么认为 |
[16:14] | I know… | 我也知道… |
[16:17] | there’s a lot of work I need to do on myself. | 自己身上有许多毛病需要纠正 |
[16:21] | I just feel I had to… | 我之所以问这个 |
[16:23] | …ask the question because a lot of us are confused. | 是因为我们大家都很困惑 |
[16:25] | – I’m not. – No need to be rude. | -我不困惑 -这太无礼了 |
[16:27] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[16:29] | In a way, I really, I really appreciate | 其实我真的很感谢… |
[16:30] | you asking me where I’m coming from, | …你想了解我的思想 |
[16:32] | ’cause most people just assume when it comes to me, so… | 因为别人只关心我惹的事 |
[16:36] | Um, I really respect your question | 所以 你的问题我很重视 |
[16:39] | and I appreciate what you’re saying. | 也很感谢你说的话 |
[16:41] | Whatever your name is. | 很遗憾没法称呼你 |
[16:42] | Ms. Lewinsky… | 莱温斯基女士 |
[16:44] | Can you, can you guys call me Monica? | 你们可以叫我莫妮卡吗 |
[16:47] | Are-are they allowed to call me Monica? | 允许他们叫我莫妮卡吗 |
[16:49] | If you say so. | 你允许就行 |
[16:52] | Sure. | 可以 |
[16:54] | I’m just 25. Please. | 我才25岁 所以… |
[16:57] | But you’ll be Ms. Lewinsky whether you’re 25 or 28 or… | 不管你是几岁 你终究还是莱温斯基女士 |
[17:00] | Not when I get married. | 没结婚就不是女士 |
[17:04] | Monica, | 莫妮卡 |
[17:06] | do you still love the president? | 你还爱着总统吗 |
[17:14] | The day they held me at the Ritz, | 我在丽思酒店被扣那天 |
[17:17] | they wanted me to turn on him. | 他们要我给他打电话 |
[17:21] | I said no. | 我拒绝了 |
[17:23] | I did not want to do anything to let him get hurt. | 我那时不愿做任何伤害他的事 |
[17:26] | And then when this all came out, the people that worked for him, | 后来这事曝光后 为他效力的那些人… |
[17:30] | they trashed me. | 他们诋毁我 |
[17:32] | They claim that they haven’t, | 他们虽然不承认 |
[17:34] | but they call me a stalker. They called me a liar. | 但他们说我是跟踪狂 说我爱撒谎 |
[17:37] | They say I’m inappropriate. I mean, you all know. | 说我行为不端 这你们都知道 |
[17:42] | And then he makes this speech. | 后来他发表了那段讲话 |
[17:46] | And he says… | 他说… |
[17:48] | He makes it seem like… | 他把这事描绘成… |
[17:51] | all that he cares about is how unfair all of this has been to him. | 他似乎觉得这件事对他很不公平 |
[17:56] | So to… sorry… to answer your question, um… | 所以… 对不起 我要回答你的问题 |
[18:03] | it turns out he’s not who I thought he was. | 在我心里他已面目全非 |
[18:05] | Monica, about that day you just mentioned | 莫妮卡 关于你刚才提到的… |
[18:07] | when you were approached by Mr. Emmick | …被独检办扣住一事 |
[18:09] | and the OIC, can you tell us a little bit about that? | 你能否再说得详细一些 |
[18:13] | If I could ask, what areas are you wanting to get into? | 我能否问一下 你们想了解什么方面的事 |
[18:18] | Because we’re already tight for time and, | 因为时间已经不太多了 |
[18:21] | well, you know, there were… many hours of activity. | 再说 那天发生了那么多事… |
[18:25] | Just want to know about that day. | 我就想知道那天的事 |
[18:28] | Okay, well, how about we table that for now… | 这个问题我们还是以后再谈… |
[18:31] | No, I want to hear about that. | 不 我想听那天的事 |
[18:32] | We should be able to hear about that day. | 我们应该了解 |
[18:34] | – Let her talk. Why not? – Let her talk. | -为什么不让她说呢 -让她说 |
[18:38] | All right, go ahead. | 好吧 继续 |
[18:42] | So, you were approached in the food court | 你是在五角市的美食城 |
[18:44] | at Pentagon City by two FBI agents. | 被两名联调局特工拦住的 |
[18:46] | Linda Tripp had lied to get you there. Is that right? | 是琳达把你骗到那里去的 对吗 |
[18:49] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:50] | And then they proceeded to take you up to a hotel room. | 然后他们把你带进酒店的房间里 |
[18:53] | Why didn’t you ask for your lawyer? | 你为何不叫你的律师? |
[18:56] | I did. | 我想叫的 |
[18:59] | But they told me I was in trouble and that | 但他们说我惹了麻烦 |
[19:01] | I wouldn’t be able to help myself with my attorney present, | 有律师在的话 对我反而不利 |
[19:05] | so I just did what they said. | 所以我就没叫 |
[19:06] | It was the FBI and I was really scared. | 他们是联调局的 我很害怕 |
[19:10] | What happened when you got up there? | 说一下你进去后的事 |
[19:20] | S-Sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:23] | Would it be okay… can you step out? | 我想请你离开一下 可以吗 |
[19:29] | Karin can take over from here, right? | 让卡琳接替你 可以吗 |
[19:32] | Karin can take over. | 卡琳可以接替 |
[19:34] | Karin can stay. | 卡琳可以留下 |
[19:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:01] | They said if I called my lawyer, I wouldn’t be offered immunity. | 他们说如果我叫律师 我就不会被豁免 |
[20:06] | Did you feel threatened by that? | 你被这个吓住了吗 |
[20:08] | Did they offer you a chance to call another attorney? | 他们允许你叫其他律师了吗 |
[20:11] | They suggested one. | 他们推荐了一个 |
[20:13] | Did you take them up on that? | 你接受了吗 |
[20:15] | – No. – Why not? | -没有 -为什么 |
[20:17] | Because I didn’t trust them. | 因为我不信任他们 |
[20:20] | It sounds as though they were actively discouraging you… | 听上去他们是在竭力劝阻你 |
[20:22] | …from talking to an attorney. | 让你别叫律师 |
[20:24] | Well, from talking to Frank Carter. | 是别叫弗兰克·卡特 |
[20:26] | Yes, Frank Carter, my only attorney. | 对 卡特是我唯一的律师 |
[20:31] | Are we due for a ten-minute break? | 能休息十分钟吗 |
[20:33] | No, ma’am. | 不行 女士 |
[20:46] | It lasted about 12 hours in total. | 一共持续了约12小时 |
[20:49] | My God. Wow. | 天哪 |
[20:52] | And they told me over and over that I was free to leave, | 他们反复地说 我随时可以离开 |
[20:56] | but I didn’t… | 但我不明白… |
[21:00] | I didn’t understand because they also said | 我不明白是因为… |
[21:02] | they were prepared to indict me and I could | …他们还说要起诉我 |
[21:04] | spend up to 28 years in prison and that they would | 说我会入狱28年 |
[21:06] | prosecute my mother if I didn’t help them, you know? So… | 还说如果我不合作 还会起诉我母亲 |
[21:12] | I was, confused and… | 所以 我很困惑 也很… |
[21:15] | Were you angry? | 你当时愤怒吗 |
[21:20] | Yes, mostly at myself. For ending up in this situation. | 是的 我愤怒的是自己 把事情搞成这样 |
[21:27] | And for putting the president at risk. | 将总统置于危险的境地 |
[21:31] | And… | 而且 |
[21:34] | And-and for, doing this to my family. | 也让自己的家人身陷困境 |
[21:38] | Monica, they set you in a trap. | 莫妮卡 是他们在设套害你 |
[21:41] | It’s what they do. | 他们就是这样 |
[21:43] | Monica, is there anything… | 莫妮卡 这次作证 |
[21:44] | …else you’d like to add to your testimony? | 你还有什么其他事想说的 |
[21:47] | We want to give you the fullest opportunity. | 你想说什么都可以 |
[21:56] | I guess I want to say that no one asked me to lie. | 我想说的是 没人要求我撒谎 |
[22:01] | And I was never promised a job for my silence. | 也没有以沉默为条件获取工作 |
[22:05] | Mostly I’m sorry. | 我就是 很抱歉 |
[22:08] | I’m really sorry for everything that happened. | 我真的很抱歉一切会变成这样 |
[22:15] | And I hate Linda Tripp. | 我恨琳达·特里普 |
[22:18] | I know that’s right. | 这是正确的 |
[22:19] | Forget her. | 忘了她 |
[22:22] | – What goes around comes around. – It does. | -她迟早会有报应 -是的 |
[22:34] | I am going to go in | 我要从这里进去 |
[22:36] | and remove some extra cartilage and bone right here. | 把这里多余的软骨和骨头去掉 |
[22:40] | Then I’m going to go ahead and pull the skin | 然后把皮肤从肌肉组织上撕开 |
[22:42] | off of the tissue so I can chisel that bump down. | 才能把这个凸块凿掉 |
[22:45] | Then we fracture it so that we can close the roof, | 最后再把它劈开 才能盖上“屋顶” |
[22:48] | much the same way you would on a house. | 它跟盖房子很相似 |
[22:50] | Does that make sense? | 听懂了吗 |
[22:53] | Yeah. | 懂了 |
[22:54] | Dr. Loeb does wonderful work. | 洛布医生技术相当精湛 |
[22:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:58] | Okay, I’m going to go ahead and step out and do my final prep. | 好 那我就去做最后的准备工作了 |
[23:01] | – I’ll see you in there. – Okay. | -待会儿见 -好的 |
[23:08] | – Where’s Steve? – He didn’t want to come. | -史蒂夫在哪里 -他不想来 |
[23:12] | Is he still in a funk about losing his job? | 他还在为丢了工作而忧虑吗 |
[23:15] | Gosh, yes, he’s… | 天哪 是的 |
[23:17] | blaming my case and says the airline | 他说是我的官司害的 |
[23:19] | fired him because of pressure from Clinton, | 说航空公司解雇他是迫于克林顿的压力 |
[23:22] | but, Susie, | 但 苏茜 |
[23:24] | he wouldn’t work the hours that they wanted him to. | 我猜是因为他们要他调整上班时间 |
[23:27] | I think that’s all that it is. | 而他不愿意 |
[23:28] | Well, did you tell him that? | 这你对他说了吗 |
[23:31] | He won’t listen to me. | 我的话他听不进 |
[23:37] | Hey. You nervous? | 喂 你怕吗 |
[23:39] | I’m just glad that | 我很高兴 |
[23:40] | people’ll stop making fun of my big ol’ awful nose. | 大家以后不会再笑话我的大鼻子了 |
[24:44] | 琳达: 请看34页 给我电话 扎克 | |
[24:56] | 一个告密者的写照 琳达·特里普的家族史 作者:简·马雅 | |
[25:30] | I’m told there is a Russian children’s verse that says, | 有人告诉我 有一首俄罗斯儿歌是这样唱的 |
[25:33] | “What do we plant when we plant a new wood? | “我们要种什么树 要收什么木? |
[25:37] | Boats in which waves can safely be withstood.” | 用它造出的船 惊涛骇浪打不翻” |
[25:41] | In both our nations, | 在我们两国里 |
[25:43] | music education is that sturdy boat that lifts us up, | 音乐教育就是那艘我们共同乘坐的坚固木船 |
[25:47] | that carries our unique cultural treasures into the future. | 它承载着我们独特的文化瑰宝 驶向未来 |
[25:51] | And now, it is my honor to introduce to you Bill Clinton, | 现在我要很荣幸地请出美国总统… |
[25:55] | president of the United States. | …比尔·克林顿 |
[26:10] | Mr. President, Mr. Bowles said you wanted this list… | 总统先生 鲍尔斯先生说你要这份… |
[26:13] | I know what it is. Thanks. | 我知道是什么 谢谢 |
[26:24] | Betty, would you ask the first lady to come see me? | 贝蒂 你去把第一夫人叫来好吗 |
[26:26] | Right away, sir. | 我这就去 |
[26:52] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[26:53] | I wanted to say something. | 我有话想说 |
[27:06] | 25 years, you’re the one opinion I give a shit about. | 25年来 你的意见一直是我的金玉良言 |
[27:11] | Most men of our age, they… they find their wives so dull | 这个年龄的大多数男人都会觉得妻子很无聊 |
[27:15] | they cringe when she talks at dinner. | 都不喜欢妻子在餐桌上唠叨 |
[27:18] | I pity those men. | 我很同情这些男人 |
[27:21] | They don’t have what I do. | 他们没我这样的福气 |
[27:28] | I gave in to a disgusting impulse. | 我一时冲动 犯下肮脏大错 |
[27:31] | Because I didn’t know how to walk down the hall | 因为我不知道该如何走过来… |
[27:33] | and say to my best friend | …告诉我最好的朋友 |
[27:36] | that this job is lonely | 这份工作的孤独感 |
[27:39] | and I’m worn to the bone… | 还有我的疲惫 |
[27:41] | and I’m dead inside half the time. | 很多时候我就像具行尸走肉 |
[27:45] | There’s been hell raining down on us | 自从来到这里后 |
[27:47] | from the day we walked into this place. | 我们就从没安宁过 |
[27:50] | You know, every move we make, | 我们每走一步 |
[27:52] | the right, the press, they seize, | 那些右派和媒体 |
[27:53] | attack and drag us through the streets over nothing. | 都会无中生有地攻击和羞辱我们 |
[27:57] | And I know it’s stupid, but when Newt shuts down the government, | 我是很蠢 但当纽特关闭了政府时 |
[28:01] | and Starr has slithered into our lives | 当斯塔尔侵入我们的生活 |
[28:04] | to look for malfeasance in every line of every receipt | 翻遍我们的所有购物单据 |
[28:06] | of every piddly thing we’ve ever bought, | 企图寻找我们的罪证时 |
[28:08] | I thought I had to be strong for us. | 我也想过自己得坚强 |
[28:11] | And instead, I fucked it all up. | 可没想到 我全搞砸了 |
[28:23] | When it first came out, I was so ashamed I wanted to… | 这事刚曝光时 我羞愧难当 |
[28:26] | …crawl in a hole and disappear. | 好想钻进地里去 |
[28:31] | I couldn’t bear what I’d done to you and Chelsea. | 我不忍让你和切尔茜受伤 |
[28:35] | I couldn’t face telling you, I just couldn’t. | 我不敢告诉你 我不敢 |
[28:40] | So I made it worse and I lied. | 所以越搞越糟 只能骗你 |
[28:52] | Everything good in my life comes out of us together. | 我的所有成果都来自我们的共同努力 |
[29:00] | I don’t know who I am without you. | 没有你 我会迷失自己 |
[29:03] | I know you said you didn’t care why it happened. | 虽然你并不在乎此事的起因 |
[29:07] | But I wanted you to know. | 但我还是想告诉你 |
[29:15] | – Is that all? – No. | -说完了吗? -没有 |
[29:18] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[29:21] | That’s all. | 说完了 |
[29:39] | – Mom? – Busy. | -妈妈 -我在忙 |
[29:42] | There’s all this stuff in here. | 这里全是这个 |
[29:43] | I didn’t know that you were arrested. | 原来你被逮捕过 |
[29:45] | It was a teen prank. Some boys put things in my purse as a joke. | 那是恶作剧 是一些小鬼把东西塞进了我包里 |
[29:49] | Okay, but this part about your dad… | 这里写了你爸… |
[29:50] | I mean, you don’t talk about him my entire life and I have | 你从没对我讲起过他 |
[29:52] | no idea why until someone writes an article about it. | 现在却看到这个 我不懂是怎么回事 |
[30:07] | My God. | 天哪 |
[30:15] | Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 |
[30:20] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[30:21] | – What? – None of this is what I asked for. | -怎么了 -这些全不是我要的东西 |
[30:24] | They know what I need to do my job and they… | 他们明明知道我要什么 |
[30:26] | they send me a completely useless pile of paper. | 却给我送来了一堆没用的纸 |
[30:31] | And look at the shape it’s in. | 一堆皱巴巴的纸 |
[30:40] | This is a message. | 这是个信号 |
[30:42] | Could just be one of the lazier secretaries. | 可能是寄的人太懒了 |
[30:47] | Bring my purse. | 拿我的包来 |
[30:56] | My God. | 我的天哪 |
[30:59] | Linda, I didn’t know you were coming in. | 琳达 没想到你会来 |
[31:01] | I need to see Ken. | 我要见肯 |
[31:11] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[31:12] | I work here. | 我是员工 |
[31:16] | No, I have to go. Okay, it’s just… Leave us. | 我得挂了 好 你出去好了 |
[31:20] | Linda, you know you cannot just… | 琳达 你知道你不能这样… |
[31:22] | Did you oversee and approve this shipment? | 这个邮包你核准过吗? |
[31:25] | – What? – It’s a simple question. | -什么 -很简单的问题 |
[31:26] | Did you oversee and approve this shipment? | 这个邮包你核准过吗 |
[31:30] | I can’t say that I have any… | 我… |
[31:30] | Because I asked for the basic materials | 我要的是… |
[31:32] | I need to do my job and what I got | …我干活要用的基础材料 |
[31:34] | was random printed email traffic. | 却给我送来了一堆乱七八糟的邮件纸 |
[31:37] | Some JCOC participant list thrown violently into a box. | 联民会参与者名单也是在盒子里乱放一气 |
[31:42] | – Linda. – This is chilling. | -琳达 -这是令人恐怖的 |
[31:44] | This is veiled hostility from my colleagues, simply because | 这是一种同事间的非直接敌视行为 |
[31:47] | I’m a cooperating witness in a federal investigation. | 就因为我是联邦调查案里的合作证人 |
[31:50] | I’m sure it was just an honest mistake. | 这肯定他们是弄错了 |
[31:52] | – We are past that, Ken. – Listen. | -谁会相信 肯 -听我说 |
[31:55] | Just write down exactly what you need and then we… | 把你需要的东西写下来 然后… |
[31:57] | What I need | 我需要的是 |
[31:59] | is to come here like normal and do my work. | 我能来这里正常地上班 |
[32:02] | And I do not doubt that you’ll be able to do that soon, | 我相信很快就会这样 |
[32:05] | and that things will settle down, | 那些事会处理好 |
[32:06] | but DOD just opened this investigation | 只是国防部刚刚开始调查 |
[32:08] | – and until we… – What? | -等到… -什么 |
[32:11] | What investigation? | 调查什么 |
[32:16] | They’ll be contacting you. | 他们会联系你的 |
[32:18] | When you were hired, | 我们雇佣你时 |
[32:19] | you affirmed on your DD 398 that you had never been arrested. | 你在审核表上填的是你“从未被逮捕过” |
[32:24] | Now, The New Yorker has come out… | 现在 《纽约客》发表… |
[32:25] | It was a teen prank! | 那是小鬼们的恶作剧 |
[32:27] | – Linda… – On me! | -琳达 -他们耍我 |
[32:31] | The charges were dropped. | 对我的指控也被撤销了 |
[32:33] | Linda, you cannot lie to the Department of Defense | 琳达 你不能在国防部的安全审核表上撒谎 |
[32:37] | on a security clearance form. That is a serious crime. | 那是非常严重的违法行为 |
[32:41] | I see. | 懂了 |
[32:45] | I see now. | 我明白了 |
[32:47] | You see what? | 你明白了什么 |
[32:48] | They’re really coming after me. | 他们真的来整我了 |
[32:51] | Okay, well… | 那好 |
[33:08] | Good afternoon, ma’am. I’m Special Agent Irons | 下午好 夫人 我是联调局特工 |
[33:11] | with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. | 我叫艾恩斯 |
[33:13] | This is Special Agent Fallon. | 这位是特工法伦 |
[33:14] | Do you have a moment to speak with us? | 能和你谈谈吗 |
[33:21] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢 夫人 |
[33:23] | We’re detailed with the Office… | 我们隶属于… |
[33:25] | of Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr. | …肯·斯塔尔的独检办 |
[33:26] | Perhaps you’ve seen Judge Starr on the news. | 你可能在电视上见过他 |
[33:29] | Well, he’s finishing up his investigation, | 他的调查已快结束 |
[33:31] | preparing to make a report to Congress. | 并即将向国会递交报告 |
[33:33] | We’re just here following up on some threads. | 我们来是想再了解些情况 |
[33:35] | Ma’am, as you may know, the president and others are in | 你可能也已了解 |
[33:37] | legal peril because of false affidavits | 总统等人因在琼斯一案里的伪证 |
[33:41] | filed in the Paula Jones lawsuit. | 而涉嫌违法 |
[33:42] | We’re just dotting our I’s, Ms. Broaddrick. You understand. | 我们想把工作做得更仔细点 这你懂 |
[33:45] | Now, here is your Jones affidavit. | 这是你在琼斯一案里的书面证词 |
[33:48] | You swore this a few months back. | 你是在数月前签署的 |
[33:50] | Here, you state that President Bill Clinton | 上面说 克林顿总统 |
[33:52] | never made any unwanted sexual advances toward you. | 从未向你提出过任何不当性要求 |
[33:55] | Ma’am, | 女士 |
[33:57] | were you being truthful when you signed your name | 你的这份证词… |
[33:58] | to this statement? | …是事实吗 |
[34:15] | I don’t… I don’t get it. | 我不太明白 |
[34:18] | Okay. Thank you. Bye. | 好 谢谢 再见 |
[34:22] | – How was your audition? – It sucked. | -你的试镜怎么样 -搞砸了 |
[34:26] | Who was that? | 谁的电话 |
[34:28] | The lawyers. They said… | 是律师 他们说… |
[34:31] | the judge did a summary judgment. | 法官做出了简易判决 |
[34:34] | What is that? | 怎么判的 |
[34:36] | It’s… it’s bad. It means that she threw out the case. | 判得不好 她的判决是 此案不予受理 |
[34:42] | The Supreme Court said you had a case. | 最高法院说你可以起诉 |
[34:44] | But now the judge says I don’t, so I… | 但这位法官说不行 所以我… |
[34:47] | I guess it’s over. | 我想这事没戏了 |
[34:50] | What? What-what do we get? How much money we get? | 什么 那我们能拿到多少钱 |
[34:53] | Well, that’s what I’m saying. Um… | 我要说的就是这个 |
[34:55] | It’s nothing. We get nothing. | 啥也没有 一分钱也得不到 |
[34:58] | – The fuck?! – I know. I know, | -混账!-我知道 我知道 |
[35:00] | -I need to call Susie. – Yeah, great idea. | -我给苏茜打电话 -真聪明 |
[35:02] | – Smart. She always makes things better. – Steve, don’t. | -她总会把事情越办越好 -你别这么说 |
[35:05] | No, no, we need to go back and we need to take Clinton’s deal. | 那我们还是接受和解条件吧 |
[35:07] | I wanted that money. | 我需要那笔钱 |
[35:09] | What? No, no, but… | 什么 不会吧 |
[35:12] | you and Susie told me that I shouldn’t take it, so… | 当初是你和苏茜都叫我别拿这笔钱… |
[35:15] | I don’t wanna hear your fucking voice. | 我他妈不想再听到你的声音 |
[35:17] | Wait, but that is not fair because I… gosh, | 天哪 你这么说可不公平 因为… |
[35:20] | I only ever started doing this ’cause you wanted me to. | 我的这场官司可是你叫我打的 |
[35:23] | I-I did… I did all this for you. | 我是为了你才打官司的 |
[35:27] | You sound pretty stupid right now with your face | 你简直蠢到家了 看看你 |
[35:29] | all broken from a nose job. | 弄个鼻子都把脸破成这样 |
[35:32] | Because I got a bad nose, | 因为我的鼻子很难看 |
[35:34] | which I didn’t even know I had | 我以前并不知道它难看 |
[35:36] | until you made me do this and be on TV | 就是因为你要打官司 害我上了电视 |
[35:39] | and people laughed at me, but… | 受尽别人的耻笑 |
[35:42] | but I did it, like I always do what you say. | 但我没有退缩 我总是啥都依你 |
[35:45] | You think I liked moving to California, | 你以为我喜欢去加州 |
[35:46] | where I’ve never seen so many people who smile | 那里的人当面笑眯眯 心里却讨厌你 |
[35:49] | while they hate you and it makes my skin fucking crawl | 让我浑身起鸡皮疙瘩 |
[35:51] | and it’s sunny all day and it’s… | 那里的太阳一天晒到晚… |
[35:53] | You think it’ll be better if we move home, | 你觉得还是回家好 |
[35:55] | where everyone knows exactly who you are and what you did? | 这里人人都知道你干过些什么勾当 |
[35:58] | What do you mean, “What I did”? | 你说“勾当”什么意思 |
[36:04] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[36:08] | Say it. | 说出来 |
[36:09] | Say it, Steve. | 说啊 史蒂夫 |
[36:14] | You think I did it. | 你认为我做过 |
[36:16] | You think I went up there and I gave him a blow job. | 你认为我是替他口交了 |
[36:23] | Yeah, okay, okay. | 行 好吧 好吧 |
[36:27] | I can take this from Jay Leno | 我能接受杰伊·莱诺这样说我 |
[36:30] | and people laughing at me at Vons, but… | 能接受旺斯超市里众人的嘲笑 |
[36:34] | from you? | 但你不行 |
[36:37] | You’re supposed to believe me! | 你是应该相信我的 |
[36:39] | We are fighting to show people that he did me wrong! | 我们应该齐心协力地告诉世人 错的是他 |
[36:43] | And… | 然而 |
[36:45] | And in reality, all this is… | 现实却是… |
[36:47] | all the press conferences and all the magazines and the TV shows | 开不完的记者会 看不完的杂志和电视秀 |
[36:52] | and the lawyers and more lawyers and more lawyers… | 还有那些越来越多的律师 |
[36:55] | it’s just me trying to get you to believe me! | 想让你相信我的人只有我一个! |
[36:59] | Which we both know you never did, so you know what? | 但我们都知道你根本不相信我 那该怎么办 |
[37:04] | If you want to say I’m stupid, well, fuck you! | 你敢说我蠢 我去你妈的 |
[37:07] | But most of all, if I’m stupid on one thing, | 但有一件事我的确很蠢 |
[37:09] | it was believing that you were any more | 那就是我居然会相信… |
[37:11] | than a chickenshit asshole who cared about me at all! | …你这个胆小如鼠的垃圾是关心我的 |
[37:27] | You think I’m gonna ask you to stay?! | 你以为我会叫你别走吗 ! |
[37:37] | Okay, it’s pretty simple. | 非常简单 |
[37:39] | You listen to all of these tapes. | 把这些磁带都听一遍 |
[37:41] | After each one, you sign the tape, | 每听完一盘就签字 |
[37:43] | as well as sign and date those documents, | 文件上也要签日期和名字 |
[37:45] | confirming that the voices are you and Linda Tripp. | 以确认这些都是你和特里普的声音 |
[37:49] | I have to listen to all of these? | 我必须要全听吗 |
[37:51] | They’re all evidence. | 它们全是证据 |
[37:52] | Karin here will sit in with you. | 卡琳会陪你坐在这里 |
[37:54] | I would, but I gotta get to the courthouse. | 我也想留下 但我得去法院 |
[37:57] | What’s happening at the courthouse? | 你要去干什么 |
[38:03] | Do you, Linda R. Tripp, swear to tell the truth, | 琳达·特里普 你能否向上帝发誓 |
[38:06] | the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God? | 你所讲的一切均为事实 |
[38:08] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[38:14] | You ready? | 播放吗 |
[38:19] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[38:23] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[38:26] | Now, with Mr. Wisenberg’s assistance, I’d like to read to you… | 陪审团要了解的这盘磁带是“磁带11” |
[38:30] | …what the grand jury has come to know as Tape 11. | 现在我要和维森贝格一起向你读一下其内容 |
[38:35] | You have a, transcript there. | 这是录音文本 |
[38:39] | Okay. | 开始 |
[38:42] | “Linda, I got the creep a tie. | “琳达 我给大混蛋买了条领带 |
[38:44] | It was 20 bucks at Marshalls.” | 20元钱 在马歇尔买的” |
[38:46] | “Good, who makes it?” | “不错 什么牌子的 ” |
[38:48] | “Calvin Klein. It’s gorgeous, Linda.” | “卡尔文·克莱因 很漂亮 琳达” |
[38:51] | “Yeah, Marshalls generally, every now and then, you can hit.” | “马歇尔商场经常会有意想不到的收获” |
[38:55] | “It’s really different from all the other ones I’ve given him. | “和我送的其他领带比 它真的很不一样 |
[38:58] | “I’m putting a note with it. I wrote such a funny card to him.” | 我给它附了一张卡 上面写了句笑话” |
[39:01] | Linda Tripp laughs. | 琳达·特里普笑了 |
[39:03] | I said, “This tie will look good with either a taupe or navy suit | 我说 “这条领带要配灰褐或藏青色西服 |
[39:06] | and a white or a light blue shirt.That is, if you like it.” | 还有白色或浅蓝色衬衣 但愿你会喜欢” |
[39:10] | “And then do you know what I wrote? | “然后你猜我写了什么 |
[39:12] | “I said, ‘And just think, now you can pay homage to me… | 我写了‘你数一下 现在如果你想谢我的话 |
[39:16] | “If you want by having… | 在下个工作周里 |
[39:18] | …a work week in which you wear one of my ties every day.'” | 你就可以每天都系一根我送的领带了’” |
[39:21] | Linda Tripp laughs. | 琳达·特里普笑了 |
[39:23] | Ms. Lewinsky laughs. | 莱温斯基女士笑了 |
[39:25] | ‘Cause this is the fifth one, right? | 这是第五条领带吗 |
[39:27] | You have to give him one for the weekend days, too. | 他周末要系的领带你也得送 |
[39:29] | “That’s what I want. That’s my fantasy. | “我是想送 我就是这么想的 |
[39:32] | To have the creep wear one of my ties every day.” | 让大混蛋每天都系着我送的领带” |
[39:37] | Um, Ms. Tripp, who | 特里普女士 |
[39:39] | was the creep? | “大混蛋”是指谁 |
[39:44] | The president of the United States. | 美国总统 |
[39:47] | Was this typical of the sort of subject | 你和莫妮卡平时交谈的内容 |
[39:50] | you and Monica Lewinsky would discuss? | 基本上都是这个话题吗 |
[39:52] | Yes, we almost never talked… | 对 除了总统 |
[39:54] | …about anything aside from the president. | 我们很少谈别的 |
[39:57] | She shared a lot of intimate details with you, did she not? | 她是否向你讲述了许多亲密的细节 |
[40:02] | She did. | 是的 |
[40:04] | I was upset before, but not like I am now. | 我以前也曾难受过 但这次不一样 |
[40:07] | Man. | 天哪 |
[40:08] | It’s too much for one person. | 我受不了 |
[40:10] | It is too much for one person. Yes, it is. | 是的 你当然受不了这个 |
[40:14] | Moving into November 1997. | 到了1997年的11月 |
[40:17] | Is it fair to say that Ms. Lewinsky was increasingly… | 莱温斯基女士在和你的通话里… |
[40:21] | …distraught on her calls with you? | …是否越发显得心烦意乱 |
[40:23] | Yes, she was obsessed with the president’s lack of contact. | 是的 她魂不守舍 因为总统不太和她联系了 |
[40:27] | And what typically would happen when she tried to make contact? | 她想联系总统的话 一般是走什么途径 |
[40:31] | She would call Betty Currie… | 她会打电话给贝蒂 |
[40:33] | …and then call me to tell me she called Betty. | 然后再把这事告诉我 |
[40:35] | And then, if Betty hadn’t gotten back to her within an hour, | 要是贝蒂一小时内没有回应 |
[40:38] | she would get angry. | 她就会生气 |
[40:39] | and call Betty again, then call me again. | 然后她会再找贝蒂 完了再找我 |
[40:41] | Crescendoing to some sort of nuclear outburst. | 她的情绪由此会变得异常的狂乱 |
[40:45] | Okay, now I’d like to move… | 好 现在我们进入到… |
[40:47] | Sorry, can I ask a question? | 对不起 我能问个问题吗 |
[40:53] | Did you want Monica to stop calling you? | 你有没有叫她别再给你打电话了 |
[40:56] | Yes. | 有过 |
[40:58] | Her behavior became volatile. Very erratic. | 那样她就会变得反复无常 很古怪 |
[41:02] | So why did you not just say, “Please stop calling me”? | 那你为何不直接说 “别再打电话给我”了 |
[41:07] | – That’s what my kid said. -So why didn’t you? | -我的孩子也这么说 -那你为何不说 |
[41:10] | Well, at a, at a certain point, | 从某种程度上讲 |
[41:13] | you can’t unring a bell. | 你没法一走了之 |
[41:15] | You talk like this was a grave situation… | 听你的口气 好像情况很严重 |
[41:17] | …and harmful for Monica, right? | 对莫妮卡很有害 是吗 |
[41:20] | Yes, very. | 对 很有害 |
[41:21] | But earlier we heard you encouraging her | 但我们刚才听到 |
[41:23] | to buy him a tie for each day of the week. | 你要她把他一周要系的领带都买好 |
[41:27] | Well, that… | 这个… |
[41:29] | I was joking. | 这是个玩笑 |
[41:30] | And when Monica said, “I got the creep a tie. | 当莫妮卡说 “我给大混蛋买了条领带 |
[41:34] | It was 20 bucks at Marshalls,” | 20元钱 在马歇尔买的” |
[41:36] | you replied, “Good.” | 你的回答是“不错” |
[41:39] | Well, I was being… | 这个“不错” |
[41:41] | That was more of a pro-Marshalls. | 更多的是指商场不错 |
[41:43] | So, was this a serious situation or was this a joking matter? | 那这到底属于情况严重呢 还是属于笑料 |
[41:47] | That’s one moment out of context. | 这是断章取义了 |
[41:49] | Or were you just trying to keep her talking? | 你是想让她一直说下去吧 |
[41:52] | Because by then you were taping. | 因为那时你已经在录音了 |
[41:55] | I prefer to call it documenting. | 那是记录 |
[41:57] | – Why did you tape her? – We’ll get to that in just a little bit. | -你为何录音… -我们稍后再问这个吧 |
[42:00] | I documented our phone calls because I knew I needed evidence. | 我是因为需要证据才记录通话的 |
[42:03] | Evidence for what? | 干吗要证据 |
[42:06] | Well, for… so when I came forward… | 在我想揭发的时候… |
[42:08] | – But it was a private matter. – I don’t think you comprehend… | -但这属于个人隐私 -你不理解… |
[42:10] | It was between Monica and the president. No one needed to know. | 这是他俩之间的事 别人无需知道 |
[42:13] | Actually, this was a very young staffer | 一个是非常年轻的工作人员 |
[42:16] | in a workplace with the most senior official in that workplace | 另一个是位于同一工作场所的政府首脑 |
[42:19] | making choices that were causing her severe distress. | 而后者所做的事总是让她痛苦不堪 |
[42:23] | She told me on more than one occasion she wanted to kill herself. | 她不止一次地对我说过她想自杀 |
[42:27] | And still, the president | 但为了满足私欲 |
[42:29] | of the United States used her to meet his needs. | 那位美国总统却依然在继续玩弄她 |
[42:33] | He had total control. His behavior was unconscionable. | 这里的强者是他 他的行为是不对的 |
[42:40] | It was an abuse of power. | 这是在滥用职权 |
[42:42] | – Mrs. Tripp… – I had to end it. | -特里普女士… -我得制止它 |
[42:44] | I had to end it. | 我必须得制止它 |
[42:51] | Mrs. Tripp, when you chose to… | 特里普女士 当你决定… |
[42:55] | begin documenting Monica, | …开始记录莫妮卡的谈话时 |
[42:58] | you were under enormous stress, correct? | 你曾极为焦虑不安 是吗 |
[43:02] | I was terrified. | 我很害怕 |
[43:05] | I knew if I came forward with no evidence, | 我知道 要是我的揭发没有证据 |
[43:08] | they would destroy me. | 他们会毁了我 |
[43:10] | When you say “they,” Who are you referring to? | 你说的“他们”是指谁 |
[43:14] | Bill Clinton. | 比尔·克林顿 |
[43:16] | And, Hillary Rodham Clinton. | 还有希拉里·克林顿 |
[43:18] | Man. | 天哪 |
[43:22] | The president’s lawyer… | 总统的律师… |
[43:24] | …had already made a defamatory statement about me in Newsweek. | 曾在《新闻周刊》上发表声明诽谤我 |
[43:27] | I was sure I was going to be subpoenaed in the Paula Jones case. | 我当时很肯定自己会在琼斯一案里作证 |
[43:31] | I felt, if I told the truth under oath, I would lose my job. | 如果我说出实话 我想肯定会丢了饭碗 |
[43:36] | Or worse. | 或更惨 |
[43:37] | You thought if you told the truth in the Paula Jones case… | 你认为 假如你在琼斯一案里作证… |
[43:39] | I was afraid I wouldn’t even get the chance. | 我怕自己根本去不了 |
[43:42] | Are you… are you saying you thought you would be killed? | 你是说 你可能会被杀掉吗 |
[43:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[43:48] | I have what I consider well-founded fears… | 我的这种害怕是有根据的 |
[43:51] | of what this administration is capable of. | 这届政府什么事都做得出来 |
[43:53] | Can you give an example? | 能举个例子吗 |
[43:55] | I have, reason to believe | 我有理由相信 |
[43:57] | that the Vince Foster tragedy was not | 对于文斯·福斯特的悲剧 |
[43:59] | depicted accurately by members of the administration. | 政府官员们的那些说法是不准确的 |
[44:03] | Are you… are you saying he didn’t commit suicide? | 你是说 他并非是自杀吗 |
[44:06] | We will never know. | 我们永远也不会知道 |
[44:09] | Mrs. Tripp, do you have information | 特里普夫人 对于白宫和福斯特之死 |
[44:12] | about the White House and the death of Vince Foster? | 你是否知道些什么 |
[44:14] | I’ll just say this. | 我只想说 |
[44:16] | The day after that tragedy, | 悲剧发生后的第二天 |
[44:19] | the behavior I saw in the West Wing frightened me. | 我在西厢看到的场景令我很害怕 |
[44:23] | There was a flurry of activity, | 那里显得异常忙碌 |
[44:25] | boxes and secrecy behind closed doors. | 又是搬文件又是秘密开会 |
[44:28] | I was concerned, and I was alarmed. | 我很紧张 也很担心 |
[44:31] | Because people were meeting behind closed doors? | 是因为他们在秘密开会吗 |
[44:35] | It was far more ominous than that. | 令我害怕的远远不光是这个 |
[44:41] | I am telling you, under oath today, that I felt threatened. | 我是在真实地告诉你们 我感觉到有威胁 |
[44:46] | And I was angry. And I resented it. | 我很愤怒 我对此很憎恶 |
[44:51] | – And still do. – I have a question. | -现在也这样 -我有个问题 |
[44:54] | Did you ever think about… | 你有没有想过 |
[44:55] | …what would happen to Monica when all this came out? | 这事曝光后 莫妮卡会有何后果 |
[45:01] | All right, call me back, you nut. | 好吧 回头再打给我 你这个疯子 |
[45:04] | – I will, I will. – Bye. | -我会打的 -再见 |
[45:16] | Done. | 结束 |
[45:17] | Your attorney has a car waiting for you out back. | 你的律师有辆车在门口 |
[45:19] | – If you want, I can… – I know the way. | -我去… -我自己会回去 |
[45:26] | I thought, if this became public, | 我觉得 这事如果曝光了 |
[45:30] | Monica would not be in any sort of danger. | 莫妮卡就没有什么危险了 |
[45:33] | But you said you felt… | 但你说过 |
[45:34] | …dangers, both personal and professional, could befall you. | 无论是个人还是工作 你觉得自己都有危险 |
[45:37] | What crossed your mind that would befall Monica? | 你就没想过莫妮卡会有何遭遇 |
[45:42] | What-what would befall her? | 她会有何遭遇 |
[45:44] | Did you have any fears for her? All these details in the public. | 这些细节一旦曝光 她会怎样 你害怕过吗 |
[45:48] | She was… I-I think I said this. She was suicidal. | 我想这个我已说过 她是想过要自杀 |
[45:53] | You’re not answering her question. | 你没回答她的问题 |
[45:55] | What Monica was going through was extremely unhealthy. | 莫妮卡当时的经历是极为不健康的 |
[45:59] | But you didn’t think it would bring her harm? | 你不认为你这样做会伤害她 |
[46:03] | Well, not compared to… | 和那个相比 不会… |
[46:08] | – No. – Why not? | -不会 -为什么 |
[46:12] | Pardon? | 抱歉 你说啥 |
[46:13] | Why would you not think about her? | 你为什么不替她着想 |
[46:19] | I was thinking that she was in a tremendously bad situation. | 我当时只是在想 她的处境极为糟糕 |
[46:25] | And do you feel now she’s better off because of what you did? | 难道你觉得你让她现在的处境变好了吗 |
[46:29] | Do you feel her life is better now? | 你觉得她比以前开心了吗 |
[46:41] | – How’d it go? – Ready, Linda? | -顺利吗 -准备好了吗 琳达 |
[46:45] | You sure? | 真要这样吗 |
[46:47] | You don’t have to do this right now. | 其实不是很有必要的 |
[47:05] | We understand there is some interest in hearing from Ms. Tripp. | 大家都很想听特里普女士开口说话 |
[47:08] | She will not be taking any questions today. | 她今天不会接受任何提问 |
[47:11] | She has, however, agreed to make some brief remarks. | 但她同意发表一则简短的声明 |
[47:19] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[47:21] | I’m not a public speaker. I’m going to have to refer to my notes. | 我不是对外发言人 所以只能读讲稿 |
[47:24] | Please bear with me. | 请多包涵 |
[47:31] | I understand that there’s been a great deal of speculation | 关于我是谁 怎么会走到今天这一步 |
[47:34] | about just who I am and how I got here. | 我知道各种各样的说法有很多 |
[47:37] | Well, the answer is simple. | 其实答案很简单 |
[47:40] | I’m you. | 我就是你们 |
[47:42] | I’m just like you. | 我和你们一样 |
[47:45] | I’m an average American who found herself | 我是一个普通的美国人 |
[47:47] | in a situation not of her own making. | 今天这个局面不是我造成的 |
[47:50] | Because I am just like you, | 因为我和你们一样 |
[47:52] | I ask you to imagine how you would feel | 我请大家想象一下: |
[47:54] | if someone you thought was a friend urged you to commit a felony. | 如果有个朋友叫你去做伪证 你会怎么想 |
[47:59] | Imagine how you would feel if your boss’s attorney | 如果你上司的律师告诉全国人民你是个骗子 |
[48:03] | called you a liar in front of the whole country. | 你会怎么想 |
[48:06] | And imagine if that boss was the president of the United States. | 如果这个上司是美国总统 你会怎么想 |
[48:13] | Imagine how you would feel if your employer demoted you… | 如果你的雇主怕你说出真相 |
[48:17] | and cast you aside, for daring to tell the truth. | 而将你降职并把你扔在一边 你会怎么想 |
[48:25] | Imagine how it would feel to see the pain in your children’s eyes | 当你的孩子因持续听到… |
[48:28] | when they hear a seemingly endless barrage | …针对母亲的谎言攻击而痛苦不堪时 |
[48:31] | of lies about their mother. | 你会怎么想 |
[48:33] | A mother who is not going out to defend herself. | 且这位母亲并不想出去为自己辩护 |
[48:43] | I’ve been vilified for taking the path of truth. | 我因为坚持说真话而饱受诽谤 |
[48:47] | I’ve been maligned by people who have chosen | 那些不愿讲真话的人 |
[48:49] | not to tell the truth, | 一直在中伤我 |
[48:51] | and who know they are not telling the truth. | 他们也知道自己没有说真话 |
[48:55] | To cast me in the role of the villain, | 为了把我描绘成是个坏人 |
[48:57] | they have enlisted legions of paid prevaricators. | 他们花钱雇佣大群的骗子 |
[48:59] | Not surprisingly, many from… | 所以毫不奇怪 |
[49:01] | …the entertainment industry have chosen to ridicule me as well. | 娱乐圈也有很多人来嘲弄我 |
[49:05] | Going so far as to even make fun of my appearance | 他们甚至嘲弄我的外貌 |
[49:08] | in a manner so mean and so cruel | 其方式极为卑劣和残忍 |
[49:10] | that I pray none of you is ever subjected to it. | 这样的侮辱是没有人愿意去承受的 |
[49:15] | Despite all of that, | 虽然如此 |
[49:17] | I bear no malice towards anyone in this case. | 但我并不怨恨任何人 |
[49:29] | I believe in our country. | 我相信我们的国家 |
[49:32] | As I said, I am no different than any of you. | 正如我说的 我和你们都一样 |
[49:35] | I believe you have the right to tell the truth under oath | 我相信你们都有用真话来作证的权利 |
[49:40] | without fear of retribution or worse. | 无需害怕报复或更惨的后果 |
[49:46] | I hope that when all the facts are revealed, | 等一切都真相大白后 |
[49:47] | you’ll understand that it is a right | 我希望你们会理解 |
[49:49] | all of us should be fighting for. | 我们都应该为这种权利去奋斗 |
[49:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[49:58] | Why did you betray Monica Lewinsky? | 你为何背叛莱温斯基 |
[50:01] | We’re not taking any questions. | 我们不回答问题 |
[50:03] | Linda, do you regret taping Monica? | 琳达 录音的事你后悔吗 |
[50:05] | Isn’t it true you manipulated her? | 你在利用她 是真的吗 |
[50:06] | Did you do all this for a book deal? | 你的目的是想出书吗 |
[50:18] | The atmosphere feels very different among the party now. | 现在党内的气氛已大不一样 |
[50:21] | Look, I’ve read the deposition and it’s very clear… | 我看过了那些证词… |
[50:23] | Members of President Clinton’s | 在克林顿总统自己的政党内 |
[50:25] | own party are now wavering in their support, | 都有人很动摇 |
[50:26] | including my guest, Congressman Jim Moran. | 包括我的嘉宾 吉姆·莫兰议员 |
[50:29] | The fact is he lied to the American people. | 就他向美国人民撒谎这一事实 |
[50:32] | That is undoubtedly going to necessitate impeachment proceedings. | 毫无疑问就必须得启动弹劾程序 |
[50:51] | Andrew Johnson… worst leader this country ever had. | 安德鲁·约翰逊是这个国家最糟的领袖 |
[50:55] | Racist to his core, drunk as hell | 他是林肯之后的总统 |
[50:57] | the day he took over for Lincoln. | 一个顽固的种族主义者和酒鬼 |
[51:01] | 1868 Congress finally impeached his ass. | 1886年国会最终将他弹劾 |
[51:06] | Only president that’s happened to, only one. | 有史以来 只有这个总统遭此厄运 |
[51:11] | Till now. | 现在是我 |
[51:14] | I hate it when you’re like this. | 我不喜欢你这个样子 |
[51:16] | We have not lost anything, not yet. | 我们现在还没输呢 还没有 |
[51:25] | I’ll call Jim Moran. | 我会去找吉姆·莫兰 |
[51:27] | What’ll you say? | 你怎么说 |
[51:29] | I will say that if he thinks he is fighting for me, | 我会说 如果他觉得他是在为我而战 |
[51:33] | then he needs to fight on my side. | 那就应该站在我这边 |
[51:36] | And the way I see it, | 和我的看法要一致 |
[51:39] | there are forces that have been trying to take my husband | 有人想彻底毁了我丈夫的生活 |
[51:43] | down his whole life and I don’t want them to win. | 我不想让他们得逞 |
[51:45] | And I won’t let them. | 也不会让他们得逞 |
[51:47] | And yes, the right’s got the votes, | 的确 右派们现在票数占优 |
[51:50] | and I’m sure they will do their worst. | 他们也想痛下杀手 |
[51:52] | But to state the obvious, you are not Andrew fucking Johnson. | 但有一点不用说 你不是那个安德鲁·约翰逊 |
[51:56] | And the last billion times the GOP has tried to destroy us, | 我们和共和党交手过那么多次 |
[51:59] | we have wiped the floor with them. | 每次都是我们大获全胜 |
[52:02] | Have you seen the polls? | 你看过民调了吗 |
[52:03] | Every step they take towards this moronic idea, | 他们朝着那个愚蠢的方向每迈一步 |
[52:07] | your approval jumps a point. | 你的支持率就会涨一个点 |
[52:09] | Nobody’s looking at the polls. | 没人会去看民调 |
[52:11] | My own party isn’t looking at the polls. | 我自己的政党都不去看民调了 |
[52:14] | They just need permission to forgive you. | 他们只是在找原谅你的理由 |
[52:16] | Which is something that you can’t give them. | 这样的理由你是给不了的 |
[52:22] | But I can. | 但我能给 |
[52:26] | This is all the FBI interviews? | 联调局的东西就这么点 |
[52:28] | We’re waiting on a few more. | 还有一些还没到 |
[52:31] | We have a problem. We need to put Monica back under oath. | 有个问题 我们得让莫妮卡再来作证 |
[52:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[52:34] | Our perjury charge rests on the president | 我们起诉总统伪证罪的理由 |
[52:37] | claiming that technically he didn’t have sex with her because | 是他借口从未有过让她兴奋的念头 |
[52:39] | he never touched her with intent to arouse. He’s lying, | 否认存在性关系 这是谎言 |
[52:41] | but here’s hours and hours of Monica’s testimony, | 但是 在莫妮卡冗长的证词里 |
[52:44] | and she never once speaks about all the times | 她的确始终没说过 |
[52:46] | that he touched her with intent to arouse. | 他的触摸是想挑起她的情欲 |
[52:48] | – It was implied on our chart. – That’s weak shit. | -是不是看证据不就知道了 -那不够明显 |
[52:51] | We need her under oath, in detail, | 我们需要她描述所有性行为细节 |
[52:54] | on all the sex, proving him wrong. | 推翻他的谎言 |
[52:56] | Okay, let’s bring her back in. | 行 那就把她叫来 |
[52:57] | Gosh, who’s going to handle asking her about that? | 天哪 这类问题叫谁去问啊 |
[53:02] | We are on the record. Monica, you’re still under oath. | 现在开始 莫妮卡 这依然属于宣誓作证 |
[53:07] | First, I want to start by asking you a general question. | 首先我要问一个概括性问题 |
[53:10] | Did your relationship with President Clinton | 你和克林顿总统的关系 |
[53:12] | start with sex and then evolve into | 是从性关系发展到友谊呢 |
[53:14] | a friendship or the other way around? | 还是反过来的 |
[53:17] | It started with a physical attraction | 一开始属于身体的吸引力 |
[53:19] | which led to a sexual relationship. | 这种吸引力激发了性关系 |
[53:22] | And then the emotional and… | 在性关系发生后 |
[53:24] | friendship aspects of that relationship developed | 我俩之间才日积月累地有了感情 |
[53:28] | after the beginning of the sexual relationship. | 还有友谊等 |
[53:31] | Why don’t we start with the first incident of physical intimacy: | 我们就从第一次身体接触开始 |
[53:34] | November 15, 1995, | 1995年11月15日那天 |
[53:36] | which you’ve already testified some about. | 你上次作证时也说过一点 |
[53:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[53:39] | Can you tell me | 那天晚上 |
[53:40] | how the physical intimacy between you two began that night? | 你俩的身体接触是怎么开始的 |
[53:48] | Well, we were… | 我俩… |
[53:51] | in an office alone. | 办公室里只有我俩 |
[53:54] | Kissing, you know? | 我俩接吻 |
[53:58] | And then what happened after the kissing started? | 接吻开始后的动作呢 |
[54:05] | Um, he started untucking my shirt. | 他开始解开我的衬衣 |
[54:09] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[54:14] | I’m sorry. For legal reasons, | 很抱歉 出于法律上的原因 |
[54:17] | I need to get specifically what happened. | 每一次身体接触的详情 |
[54:20] | Each physical interaction. | 我都必须了解 |
[54:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[54:28] | So, he took off my sweater and, you know… | 然后 他脱掉了我的毛衣 然后… |
[54:34] | Did he touch your breasts? | 他摸你乳房了吗 |
[54:37] | – Yes. – With your bra on or off? | -是的 -当时你的乳罩有没有解开 |
[54:44] | I… | 我… |
[54:46] | I-I… I don’t remember if I unhooked my bra or… | 我不记得当时是我自己解开乳罩的呢… |
[54:52] | if he, um… | 还是他… |
[54:57] | lifted my… bra up over… | …拉起了我的乳罩 |
[55:01] | – This is embarrassing. – I know. | -这很难为情 -我理解 |
[55:03] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[55:10] | But he… | 是他… |
[55:13] | He lifted the bra over your breasts? | 他把你的乳罩拉到了乳房之上 |
[55:18] | Um… sometimes… | 有几次… |
[55:23] | he would lift my-my breasts out of my bra. | 是他把我的乳房从乳罩里扒了出来 |
[55:29] | God. | 上帝啊 |
[55:30] | Did he touch your breasts with his hands? | 他用手摸你的乳房了吗 |
[55:32] | – Yes. – Did he touch your breasts with his mouth? | -是的 -他用嘴接触你的乳房了吗 |
[55:36] | – Yes. – Did he touch your genital area? | -是的 -他触摸你的阴部了吗 |
[55:44] | I-I know this is… | 我知道这… |
[55:46] | It’s just, thinking about other people reading this… | 我就是在想 其他人会看到这些记录… |
[55:50] | I understand, | 我理解 |
[55:51] | but I’ve been instructed to question you on these details. | 我也是奉命向你提这些问题的 |
[55:54] | – And I have to answer? – Pursuant to the agreement | -而我必须回答 -按照协议要求 |
[55:56] | you have with this office, yes. Do you understand? | 的确如此 你明白吗 |
[56:00] | – Yes. – Okay. | -明白 -好 |
[56:03] | Did he touch your genitals on this date? | 那天他摸你的阴部了吗 |
[56:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[56:08] | Can you describe exactly how that happened? | 你能描述一下过程吗 |
[56:14] | He, um… | 他… |
[56:25] | The president… | 总统… |
[56:27] | got a call, so we moved into a back office. | 要接一个电话 所以我们去了后面的办公室 |
[56:33] | While he was on the phone… | 他在接电话时 |
[56:38] | he put his hand, down my pants and he stimulated that area. | 他脱下我的裤子 用手刺激着那个区域 |
[56:44] | Directly on your skin or through underwear? | 直接接触皮肤还是隔着短裤 |
[56:48] | It was, um, touching… | 那种触摸… |
[56:51] | through my underwear at first and then he… | 先是隔着短裤 然后… |
[56:55] | placed his hand under my underwear. | 把手伸进了我的短裤里 |
[56:57] | And did he bring you to orgasm? | 他给你带来高潮了吗 |
[57:03] | – Yes. – Okay. | -是的 -好 |
[57:07] | On this night, did you perform oral sex on the president? | 那天晚上 你替总统口交了吗 |
[57:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[57:14] | Who initiated that? | 是谁想做这个的 |
[57:16] | I did. | 是我 |
[57:18] | Did the president say anything to you during this? | 这中间总统对你说过什么话没有 |
[57:23] | No. | 没有 |
[57:27] | He was on the phone. | 他在接电话 |
[57:32] | Would you like a break? | 想休息会儿吗 |
[57:43] | Moving to March 31, 1996, | 下一个 1996年3月31日 |
[57:46] | did the president stimulate your genitals? | 总统刺激你的阴部了吗 |
[57:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[57:51] | Was that through clothing? | 是隔着裤子刺激吗 |
[57:56] | Not through clothing. | 不是隔着裤子 |
[57:58] | And he stimulated your genitals with his hands? | 他是用手刺激你的阴部吗 |
[58:01] | Yes. And… | 是的 而且… |
[58:07] | And? | 而且什么 |
[58:10] | He used, um… | 他用… |
[58:15] | He had a cigar. | 他有一根雪茄 |
[58:21] | I’m sorry, could you speak just a little louder for the tape? | 对不起 你能说得响一点吗 |
[58:24] | Okay, sorry. | 好 对不起 |
[58:25] | He had a cigar. Did he insert the cigar into your vagina? | 他把雪茄插入了你的阴道吗 |
[58:32] | I’m sorry, I’m gonna need you to answer verbally. | 很抱歉 你必须要回答出来 |
[58:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[58:37] | Whose idea, um…? | 这是谁的主意 |
[58:41] | How did that…? | 怎么会… |
[58:45] | Um, we were talking, um, | 在椭圆形办公室里… |
[58:48] | in the Oval Office… | 我们常聊天 |
[58:51] | one day and he was, | 有一天 |
[58:54] | he-he was chewing on a… | 他叼着根雪茄 |
[58:58] | cigar and he looked at it in a sort of… | 然后他盯着雪茄看 |
[59:04] | naughty way | 一脸调皮 |
[59:06] | and I said, | 我就说 |
[59:08] | “We can do that sometime.” So we did. | “我们平时可以用这个做” 所以就做了 |
[59:14] | Did you understand it to be arousing? | 你知道这会让你兴奋吗 |
[59:18] | – Yes. – Then what happened? | -是的 -那后来呢 |
[59:34] | He put it in his mouth. | 他把雪茄含在嘴里 |
[59:36] | He said it tasted good. | 他说味道很好 |
[59:42] | Okay, I have just one last question. | 好 还有最后一个问题 |
[59:44] | It goes to your motivation. | 是动机方面的 |
[59:47] | Do you for any reason want to hurt the president? | 不管出于何种理由 你想过要伤害总统吗 |
[59:53] | No, that’s the last thing I want. | 那是我最不想做的事 |
[59:55] | All right. | 好 |
[59:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[59:59] | You did really well, Monica. | 你做得很好 莫妮卡 |
[1:00:02] | That’s all I have. I have to run this in. | 都在这里了 我得交上去了 |
[1:00:05] | Pam can help you see yourself out. | 帕姆会带你出去的 |
[1:00:09] | Is it a boy or a girl? | 是男孩还是女孩 |
[1:00:16] | It’s a boy. | 是男孩 |
[1:00:18] | Mazel tov. | 马佐托夫(恭喜你) |
[1:00:21] | For your sake, I hope this is goodbye. | 但愿你是在向我道别 |
[1:00:40] | I want the full report ready for Congress by Labor Day. | 我要在劳工节前把报告递交给国会 |
[1:00:44] | Judge, that’s two weeks from now. | 那只有两周时间了 |
[1:00:46] | Any closer to the election and it will… | 离选举越近 |
[1:00:47] | …appear like a political hit on the Democrats. | 越容易显得像在打击民主党 |
[1:00:50] | Brett, please make sure everyone has their drafts in | 布雷特 大家手上的东西… |
[1:00:52] | – by September 4th. – Got it. | -…9月4日前必须交给我 -明白 |
[1:00:54] | Our FBI guys just sent this 302. | 联调局的同事送来了“302文件” |
[1:00:57] | It’s a new interview with Jane Doe 5. | 是5号女士的新笔录 |
[1:00:58] | Real name Juanita Broaddrick. She’s changing her statement. | 她叫珍妮特 她改变了自己的说法 |
[1:01:01] | – What she’s saying? – That Bill Clinton raped her. | -她说什么 -克林顿强奸了她 |
[1:01:04] | This is that same woman who, back in January, | 她是否在一月签了份书面证词 |
[1:01:07] | signed an affidavit saying nothing ever happened. | 上面说什么也没发生过 |
[1:01:09] | Right. Now she says that was a lie. | 对 她说那是谎言 |
[1:01:10] | Why is she lying? Was she coerced by the Clintons? | 为何撒谎 是克林顿逼迫的吗 |
[1:01:13] | – No. – Was she offered something? | -不是 -是她捞到什么好处了吗 |
[1:01:15] | No, no quid pro quo. She’s saying… | 这里没有交易 |
[1:01:16] | …she lied at first because she didn’t want to be involved. | 她说起先撒谎是不想卷入此事 |
[1:01:20] | She’s had no contact with Clinton people since the ’80s. | 她和克林顿已十多年没来往了 |
[1:01:22] | Well, if he didn’t pressure her, | 他没胁迫她 |
[1:01:23] | then it doesn’t go to his criminality. | 就构成不了犯罪 |
[1:01:25] | Except for the raping. He raped her. | 但强奸应该除外吧 他强奸了她 |
[1:01:30] | We can’t be cluttering the report with all | 我们不能把他过去的各种风流丑事… |
[1:01:33] | the various sexual experiences from his past. | …均放进报告里去 |
[1:01:35] | Yeah, there’s only so much ink in the world, Sol. | 是啊 索尔 我们只能抓住重点 |
[1:01:37] | I just… | 我只是… |
[1:01:39] | Judge, read the 302, read what he did. | 法官 你看一下文件 看看他做了什么 |
[1:01:45] | Perjury and obstruction of justice. | 作伪证和妨碍司法公正 |
[1:01:48] | Those are our grounds for impeachment, | 这是我们提出弹劾的依据 |
[1:01:50] | not some lady who changes her mind | 某个女士突然改变的说法 |
[1:01:53] | – about what happened one night. – But… | -成不了依据 -但… |
[1:01:58] | Okay. So, should we not put her in the report at all? | 好吧 那就不用把它放进报告里了 |
[1:02:02] | It can be an appendix if you want. | 你可以把它编个附录 |
[1:02:05] | Put her in a footnote. | 收入次要事件里 |
[1:02:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |