时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | 1997年12月 华盛顿特区 | |
[00:11] | I don’t know, Jake. There’s got to be some girl you like. | 杰克 肯定会有你喜欢的姑娘 |
[00:17] | The girl in the purple, she’s kind of cute. | 那位穿紫衣的挺漂亮 |
[00:21] | I think she used to work at the White House a couple years ago. | 她好像几年前在白宫工作 |
[00:28] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[00:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[00:31] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[00:36] | I’ve been trying to give off an air of unapproachability. | 我一直故意显得很孤傲 |
[00:39] | – Was I successful? – Oh, yes. Good job. | -不知道装得像不像 -很像 |
[00:42] | Good. Good. | 那就好 |
[00:43] | I’m Jake. Jake Tapper. | 我叫杰克·塔珀 |
[00:45] | -I’m Monica. -Can I, uh, buy you a drink? | -我叫莫妮卡 -能请你喝一杯吗 |
[00:49] | You know, it’s a weeknight. I was gonna head home and have dinner. | 今天不是周末 我要回家去吃饭的 |
[00:51] | You know they have food here. | 这里也有吃的 |
[00:53] | It’s, it’s Tex-Mex. It’s world-famous Washington, D.C. Tex-Mex. | 这里有全球闻名的华府得州美食 |
[00:59] | Sure. | 那好吧 |
[01:00] | On long-haul flights, the secretary of defense does press avails, | 长途飞行时 国防部长会在途中开记者会 |
[01:03] | and then, they all get to go to sleep, | 开完会后他们睡觉 |
[01:05] | and I stay up through the night transcribing every word. | 我得熬夜把每一个字都记录下来 |
[01:07] | That sounds fun. | 听上去很有趣 |
[01:09] | It’s a spelling minefield. | 有些拼写特头疼 |
[01:10] | The Chernomyrdins and the Khmelnytskys. | 什么“切尔诺梅尔金”之类 |
[01:13] | I mean, you go east of Austria, | 等你到了奥地利东部 |
[01:14] | and the vowels are just never where you expect them to be. | 更本就没法拼写出那些词来 |
[01:17] | Plus, I’m a shit typist, so… | 再加上我打字很烂… |
[01:20] | But, um, talking about it now, I… | 但是 现在说起来 我… |
[01:23] | I’ve been sort of myopic this past year, and… | 在过去的这一年里 我似乎有点目光短浅 |
[01:28] | I really look at it. This job’s actually been kind of neat. | 仔细想想 这个工作其实也挺不错的 |
[01:31] | Yeah, I’m actually… I’m… | 但是 我要… |
[01:33] | I’m moving soon. I have a job interview in New York on Friday. | 我要搬家了 周五我在纽约有个工作面试 |
[01:37] | Ah. | 啊哦 |
[01:39] | What did you mean– you’ve been myopic? | 你说“目光短浅”是什么意思 |
[01:42] | I don’t know. I just… | 我也说不清 只是… |
[01:45] | I guess I’ve been a bit of a D.C. Zombie. | 我觉得自己仿佛是一具华府的僵尸 |
[01:49] | And I’m… I’m ready to wake up. | 现在正准备起死回生 |
[01:52] | -Oh. Thank you. -Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[01:54] | -We’re gonna split that. -No, no, no. | -我们分摊 -不行 |
[01:55] | -Yes. -This is a date. | -分摊吧 -不行 这是约会 |
[02:11] | 琳达·特里普: 你必须在下述时间出庭… 你必须在下述时间进行… | |
[02:14] | Hey, Linda. | 你好 琳达 |
[02:16] | What to watch me fix the Xerox for the 20th time this week? | 想看我修复印机吗 这周修了20次 |
[02:19] | No. | 不想 |
[02:21] | – Oh, wait. Are these the invitations? -Yes. | -这就是邀请函吗 -对 |
[02:25] | You can help me hand them out. | 你帮我发一下吧 |
[02:28] | – God. How did you afford these? – Oh. | -你这不是太破费了吗 -不 |
[02:32] | Well, I go nuts for Christmas. I know it’s maybe not your thing. | 我就是喜欢圣诞节 我知道你兴趣不大 |
[02:35] | Oh, please. We’re L.A. Jews. | 不 我们是洛杉矶犹太人 |
[02:37] | I’ve been going to Christmas parties since I was born. | 每年都有圣诞派对 |
[02:39] | You can come, right? | 那你能来吗 |
[02:41] | – When do you go up for your interview? – Thursday. I’m a wreck. | -你几时去面试 -周四 我好紧张 |
[02:45] | You’ll do great. | 你没问题的 |
[02:46] | After Revlon, we’re going to 21 with basically | 面试后我要去21餐厅参加家族聚会 |
[02:49] | my entire extended family, and I have to look nice. | 那天必须得漂漂亮亮的 |
[02:51] | My family’s a whole thing. | 我家的头等大事 |
[02:52] | So I think I’m gonna wear that navy dress I showed you. | 所以我想穿那条蓝裙子 |
[02:55] | You got it cleaned? | 你洗过了 |
[02:56] | Oh, no, not yet, but I will before I go. | 还没洗 我走之前再洗 |
[02:59] | Oh. Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[03:01] | How’d the girl take the news? | 那姑娘有何反应 |
[03:03] | Oh. I still haven’t told her about the subpoena. | 法院传票的事我还没告诉她呢 |
[03:05] | -You haven’t? Why? -I know. | -为何不告诉她 -我会的 |
[03:07] | If she doesn’t hear it from you, she’s going to get suspicious. | 你得第一个告诉她 否则她会起疑心 |
[03:10] | Yes, I realize that. I’m going to tell her. | 我知道 我会告诉她的 |
[03:12] | That’s not even why I called. | 我不是为这事打电话的 |
[03:14] | – She’s gonna get the dress cleaned. – What? | -她要洗那条裙子了 -什么 |
[03:16] | She wants to wear it. | 她要穿了 |
[03:17] | That stain is white gold. | 那个污渍可是白金啊 |
[03:20] | It proves what she says on your tapes really happened. | 它能证明磁带上所讲的一切全是真的 |
[03:26] | Are you sure? | 真的吗 |
[03:27] | Yes. It can absolutely be used to match DNA, even years later. | 它能用来对比DNA 哪怕很多年以后都能用 |
[03:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:33] | You get her on the horn right now, and you stop her! | 你现在就打电话给她 叫她别洗 |
[03:47] | – I need a minute. – Yeah, this is your favorite thing, | -等一会 -这是你最喜欢的事 |
[03:49] | – and you had us stay home for a night.- I have to do a call. | -我们整晚… -我打个电话 |
[03:51] | Just need a minute. | 稍等片刻 |
[04:07] | – Hello? – Hi. | -喂 -喂 |
[04:09] | – How are you? – Fine. I’m tired. | -你好吗 -很好 就是好累 |
[04:11] | – I just got off the treadmill. – You’re so good. | -我刚从跑步机上下来 -你好棒 |
[04:14] | Listen. I wanted to say to you | 有句话我想对你说 |
[04:16] | and you can do what you want with this | 听不听由你决定 |
[04:18] | but the blue dress… | 那条蓝色连衣裙… |
[04:20] | I don’t think you should wear that to your interview. | -我觉得面试那天不能穿 -为什么 |
[04:23] | Call me crazy, but | 也许我疯了 |
[04:24] | I believe it would be smart for you to keep that, | 但我觉得留着这条裙子比较明智 |
[04:27] | uncleaned, | 别洗它 |
[04:29] | in your possession in case you ever need it years from now. | 留着它 万一日后你用得着它 |
[04:32] | What? | 笑什么 |
[04:33] | You think I need to keep a dress with that on it for years? | 你觉得我应该一直保留着这条脏裙子吗 |
[04:38] | Okay, instead of always just dissing what I say, listen. | 我说的话你别老是不以为然 听着 |
[04:43] | My cousin is a genetic… whatchamacallit. | 我有个亲戚是基因方面的什么专家 |
[04:47] | And during O.J. Simpson, I was hooked on the trial. | 我当年特别喜欢看辛普森的官司 |
[04:50] | It was fabulous, but all the DNA was Greek to me, | 非常精彩 但对DNA之类的事却不太明白 |
[04:54] | so I asked him about it. And he told me… | 所以就向他请教 他说: |
[04:57] | that an old crusty bit of semen can be matched | 精液残迹哪怕存放多年 |
[04:59] | to a man’s identity, even ages later. | 依然可以鉴定出当事人的身份 |
[05:02] | But why would I care if it could be matched to his identity? | 我干吗要去鉴定他的身份啊 |
[05:05] | If you were ever to need proof. | 在你需要证据时 |
[05:07] | But I’m never going to come forward about this. | 我是不会对外公开此事的 |
[05:09] | I’m not saying you would ever. | 我没说你要公开 |
[05:11] | And if anyone else did, I would deny, deny, deny. | 如果有人说出去 我就坚决否认 |
[05:14] | I know. I know that, but just do this… | 这我知道 但还是不洗它为好 |
[05:18] | for your own ultimate protection, | 这是为了保护你自己 |
[05:20] | which– mea culpa– I hope you never need it. | 当然 我也希望你永远不会用到它 |
[05:25] | I would say this to my own daughter. | 我对自己的女儿也会这么说 |
[05:28] | Hello? | 喂 |
[05:29] | Look, I want to feel confident at the interview, | 面试那天我得充满自信 |
[05:31] | and I know I look good in that dress. | 那条裙子穿着漂亮 |
[05:35] | Well, | 这个… |
[05:38] | If you think it’s flattering, I mean, that’s what matters. | 你要是觉得它漂亮 我不敢苟同 |
[05:41] | What? | 什么 |
[05:42] | I want you to look thin and beautiful. | 我希望你能显得既苗条又美丽 |
[05:46] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:48] | I’m sorry, but I would want to be told. | 对不起 我这人爱听实话 |
[05:51] | The truth is, you look heavy in that dress. | 你穿那条裙子有点显胖 |
[05:53] | Are you serious? | 真的吗 |
[05:57] | Okay, well… well, what’s more slimming… | 那么哪一件显得苗条点 |
[05:59] | the peach suit, or the… or the dark teal? | 粉色套装还是藏青色那套 |
[06:02] | Your peach suit is exquisite. | 你的粉色套装很精致 |
[06:06] | I think that works beautifully. | 我觉得穿着它特别美 |
[06:38] | *希拉里·克林顿 -麦迪逊储贷担保 票据记录 -伪证罪 | |
[06:49] | Good morning, Judge Starr. | 早上好 斯塔尔法官 |
[06:52] | Good morning, Neille. | 早上好 妮尔 |
[06:53] | They’re in there waiting for you. | 他们在那里等你了 |
[06:57] | This is not going to be pleasant. | 今天不会很愉快的 |
[07:04] | Morning. Sorry I’m late. | 早上好 对不起我来迟了 |
[07:10] | I wanted to read a verse, if I may. | 请允许我先朗读一段经文 |
[07:17] | “We are persecuted, but not forsaken by God; | “我们虽然饱受迫害 但没有被上帝抛弃 |
[07:21] | cast down, but not destroyed.” | 虽然伤心痛苦 但没有被摧毁” |
[07:24] | Corinthians, chapter four, verse nine. | 《哥林多后书》第四章第九段 |
[07:27] | That’s a prayer for the defeated. | 这是失败者的经文 |
[07:28] | No one in this room should feel defeated. Now, | 我们都不应该有挫败感 |
[07:31] | I’ve asked Paul to take every piece of evidence we haveand on… | 对于事关克林顿和白水事件的所有证据 |
[07:35] | …President Clinton and Whitewater, put it all into… | 我已让保罗罗列出了一份文件 |
[07:38] | …one document so we can take a look and decide, | 我们将以此做出决定: |
[07:40] | do we have enough to recommend impeachment. | 手上的证据是否足以推动弹劾 |
[07:43] | No. Not-not today, not yet. | 不 现在还不行 |
[07:45] | But we’re close. | 虽然已很接近 |
[07:47] | This doesn’t say to me it’s time to shut down. | 但我觉得还不够 |
[07:49] | This says keep going. | 得继续 |
[07:50] | Jackie, it’s been four years. We’ve exhausted all of our leads. | 杰基 已经四年了 我们都已掘地三尺 |
[07:53] | Bill Clinton committed loan fraud when he was governor, | 克林顿在做州长时就欺诈贷款 |
[07:56] | and then he lied about it under oath. | 然后还在法庭作了伪证 |
[07:58] | We’re just one witness short of proving that. | 我们就是差一个证人 |
[08:00] | Every potential crime is one witness short. | 每一项罪名都是差一个证人 |
[08:02] | What’d you just say? | 你说什么 |
[08:04] | I said we don’t have it. | 我们没有证人 |
[08:05] | Do you think I don’t feel like a failure, too? | 你是否觉得我没什么挫败感 |
[08:07] | We’re failures if we quit. | 放弃才是失败 |
[08:09] | What am I… the only one who sees this? Huh? | 只有我意识到这一点吗 |
[08:11] | Come on. Kavanaugh, huh? You don’t think we should just quit? | 你说 卡瓦诺 你觉得我们应该放弃吗 |
[08:15] | I never like to take “No” For an answer, | 我从来不说“放弃”这词 |
[08:17] | but, Jackie, there isn’t a path forward here. | 但确实也是无路可走了 杰基 |
[08:19] | Oh, great. Okay, so you all want to fucking fold. | 好 那么你们都他妈的想放弃了 |
[08:22] | -Jackie, please. -I’m sorry, Judge. | -杰基 别激动 -抱歉 法官 |
[08:28] | I look around this room, and I see success. | 我在这个房间里看到的是成功 |
[08:31] | They said we were on a partisan witch hunt, | 他们说这是政治迫害 |
[08:33] | but we found real wrongdoing. Because of us, | 但我们是真的找出了他们的罪行 |
[08:37] | the governor of Arkansas had to resign, | 因此 阿肯色州长被迫辞职 |
[08:39] | and we achieved 12 convictions… | 我们还对克林顿的亲信们… |
[08:42] | …of other people around the Clintons. | …成功起诉了12项控罪 |
[08:44] | Yeah, but none of whom would flip on Bill or Hillary. | 但没一个供出克林顿夫妇的 |
[08:46] | No, that didn’t happen, | 的确如此 |
[08:48] | and there’s no indication that’s going to change, | 目前也没什么改观的迹象 |
[08:50] | and that’s our problem. | 这就是问题所在 |
[08:52] | Oh, Judge, you can’t sit there… | 法官 在辛苦了那么多年后 |
[08:54] | …after all this time and tell me that they’re not guilty. | 你可不能对我说 他们是清白的 |
[08:57] | In fact, I’ll sit here and tell you candidly | 恰恰相反 我要很坦白地告诉你 |
[08:59] | that I believe President Clinton is guilty as sin. | 我相信 克林顿总统绝对有罪 |
[09:03] | Even worse, I believe, he actively | 更严重的是 我还相信 |
[09:05] | blocked people from cooperating in this investigation. | 他对那些配合调查的人进行了阻挠 |
[09:09] | Now, I can believe that and you can believe that, | 我相信是这样的 你们也相信是这样的 |
[09:12] | but it doesn’t matter what we believe. | 但光靠我们相信是没用的 |
[09:15] | It matters what we can prove. | 要找到证据才有用 |
[09:21] | Let’s put it to a vote. | 我们来表决吧 |
[09:23] | Does anyone here feel we have the goods to take this to the Hill, | 是否有人觉得我们已经掌握了足够的证据 |
[09:28] | and recommend the impeachment of President Clinton? | 可以让国会启动弹劾总统的动议 |
[09:43] | All right, Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[09:45] | Let’s move on to a different line of questioning. | 我们继续问其他问题吧 |
[09:47] | In 1987, you repeatedly visited the home of Beth Coulson, | 1987年 在贝丝·库尔森的丈夫不在家时 |
[09:50] | always while her husband was away. | 你曾多次去她家拜访 |
[09:52] | Was the purpose of these visits to have sex with Beth Coulson? | 你去那里是为了和贝丝幽会吗 |
[09:55] | No, it was not. | 不是 |
[09:57] | So you just happened to only visit her when she was alone? | 你只是碰巧去拜访她而已 |
[10:00] | Are you asking me a question? | 这是在问我吗 |
[10:02] | Yes. Do you honestly expect us to believe… | 对 你能让我们相信… |
[10:04] | …that that was not a sexual relationship? | …你们没有性关系吗 |
[10:05] | I told you before, we were just friends. | 我说过 我们只是朋友 |
[10:07] | Let’s move on to Marilyn Jo Jenkins. | 还有玛丽莲·詹金斯 |
[10:09] | Is it true that you met with her four times in your private | 在阿肯色州政府地下室里 |
[10:11] | basement office at the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion? | 你们曾见过四次面 |
[10:13] | Fuck this. | 胡扯 |
[10:15] | Mr. President, this is what they’re going to do to you. | 总统先生 这些问题他们都会问你 |
[10:18] | Yeah, this is horseshit. | 全是胡扯 |
[10:19] | You should be making a list like this for Paula Jones. | 你也要这样去问琼斯才对 |
[10:21] | We are. When she sits for her deposition | 会的 下周她作证时 |
[10:23] | next week, she won’t know what hit her. | 我们会让她惊慌失措的 |
[10:26] | But right after that, you’re up, under oath. | 但之后就轮到你宣誓作证了 |
[10:29] | We can’t delay it anymore. | 得抓紧练啊 |
[10:30] | No. I bet you Kennedy didn’t have to answer this shit. | 肯尼迪肯定不用回答这类问题 |
[10:33] | – Yeah, well, that was the ’60s. – Excuse me. | -那是60年代 -对不起 |
[10:37] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[10:39] | Just that… that that was the ’60s. | 我说那是60年代 |
[10:43] | Ti-Times are changing. | 对女人来说 |
[10:46] | For women. | 时代变了 |
[10:47] | You know how many women I have in my cabinet? | 你知道我有多少女部长吗 |
[10:51] | Not… off the top of… I mean, there’s, um… | 这我可一下子想不起来… |
[10:54] | Janet Reno, first female attorney general. | 珍妮特·雷诺 第一位女司法部长 |
[10:58] | Madeleine Albright, first female secretary of state. | 马德琳·奥尔布赖特 第一位女国务卿 |
[11:02] | Donna Shalala, secretary of Health and Human Services. | 唐娜·沙拉拉 卫生与公共服务部长 |
[11:06] | Alexis Herman, secretary of Labor. | 亚历克西丝·赫尔曼 劳工部长 |
[11:08] | Carol Browner, EPA. | 卡萝尔·布劳纳 环保署长 |
[11:10] | Aida Alvarez, SBA. | 阿尔瓦雷斯 企管局长 |
[11:12] | Charlene Barshefsky, U.S. Trade rep. | 查伦·巴尔舍夫斯基 美国贸易代表 |
[11:15] | Janet Yellen, chair of the Council of Economic Advisors. | 珍妮特·耶伦 经济顾问委员会主席 |
[11:18] | No one supports women more than me. | 没有人比我更支持妇女 |
[11:49] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:50] | Hey. | 你好 |
[11:52] | – Did I wake you? – No. | -吵醒你了吗 -没有 |
[11:55] | No. It’s fine. I was awake. | 我没睡着 |
[11:59] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[12:01] | Um, I’m good. | 我很好 |
[12:02] | I went to New York for my Revlon interview, | 我去纽约露华浓面试过了 |
[12:04] | and they basically offered me the job. | 他们录取我了 |
[12:06] | Oh, that’s great. | 那太好了 |
[12:07] | Good job. | 干得漂亮 |
[12:09] | What’s wrong? | 你怎么了 |
[12:13] | I just wanted to tell you, um… | 我只是想告诉你 |
[12:18] | I saw the witness list for the Paula Jones suit, | 我看了琼斯诉讼案的证人名单 |
[12:21] | and your name is on it. | 上面有你的名字 |
[12:23] | – What? – It’s-it’s not a big deal. | -什么 -也没什么大不了的事 |
[12:26] | It just broke my heart a little to see you there. | 只是看了心里有点伤心 |
[12:28] | Wait. Paula Jones. | 葆拉·琼斯 |
[12:29] | Why would I be on the witness list? What does that mean? | 我在证人名单上 这意味着什么 |
[12:32] | Oh, it doesn’t mean anything. | 这没什么意义 |
[12:33] | You know, this thing is pretty much | 和我说过话的女性 |
[12:35] | every woman I’ve ever talked to. | 都有可能会上名单 |
[12:37] | But we’ve more than talked. | 我们可不光是说说话 |
[12:40] | You know, you-you probably won’t even get a subpoena. | 你可能连传票也不会收到的 |
[12:43] | Okay, okay, well, but what if I do? | 但要是收到了怎么办 |
[12:45] | Well, for something like this, you know, | 如果收到了传票 |
[12:48] | you probably wouldn’t even have to show up in person. | 你也不一定非去不可 |
[12:51] | You just get a lawyer to draft an affidavit. | 找律师起草一份证词就可以了 |
[12:53] | -Saying what? -Well, Monica… | -那我要怎么说 -莫妮卡 |
[12:58] | …what would you want to say? | 你想怎么说 |
[13:06] | I would say that nothing ever happened between us. | 我会说 我们之间啥也没发生 |
[13:13] | If anything happens… | 有什么情况的话 |
[13:18] | you can call Betty. | 打电话给贝蒂 |
[13:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:25] | Can I just ask? | 我能问一下吗 |
[13:27] | This lawsuit has caused so much trouble for you. | 这个诉讼案那么麻烦 |
[13:30] | Why don’t you just try to settle it again? | 你为何不再次提出和解 |
[13:32] | Well… | 这个… |
[13:36] | It’s complicated. | 说来复杂 |
[13:41] | I mean, I think this is charming. | 我觉得这个好看 |
[13:42] | Okay, I don’t understand what’s supposed to fit on this plate. | 我不懂盘子里该放什么 |
[13:44] | – Cookies, Monica. – Like what? One single cookie? | -放饼干 – 就放一块饼干吗 |
[13:48] | It’s about creating a festive ambience, | 目的是营造节日气氛 |
[13:50] | not the utility of the plate. | 不是为了装满盘子 |
[13:52] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:54] | I really don’t mean to be a drag. I just… | 我不是想给你添乱 |
[13:56] | I can’t stop thinking about my name on that list. | 我就是老在想证人名单的事 |
[13:59] | Well, it sounded like he wasn’t especially concerned, so… | 听他的口气 这事好像无所谓 所以… |
[14:02] | He says that I probably won’t get a subpoena, but what if I do? | 他说我可能不会收到传票 但要是收到了呢 |
[14:06] | I mean, I would have to answer questions about him under oath. | 那我就得宣誓作证了 |
[14:09] | It’s unthinkable. | 简直不可想象 |
[14:14] | I got a subpoena. | 我收到传票了 |
[14:17] | I’ve been meaning to mention it. It’s just… | 我一直想告诉你这事 只是… |
[14:26] | What? When? | 什么时候的事 |
[14:28] | A week or so go. | 大概一周前吧 |
[14:30] | Well, why haven’t you told me? | 为何不告诉我 |
[14:31] | Well, because I knew you would lose it. | 因为怕你受不了 |
[14:32] | Yeah, I’m gonna lose it | 我是会受不了 |
[14:34] | because I’m on a witness list, and you got a subpoena. | 因为我上了名单 你收了传票 |
[14:36] | – It’s probably about Kathleen. – What does that mean, probably? | -可能是凯瑟琳的事 -“可能”是啥意思? |
[14:38] | Well, I don’t know. I’m not a lawyer. I hope it’s about her, | 不知道 我又不是律师 但愿是她的事 |
[14:41] | but what if they ask about the other women? | 但如果他们问起你的事 |
[14:43] | What if they ask about you? | 我怎么办? |
[14:46] | – Well, what would you say? – I can’t commit perjury. | -你想怎么说? -我可不愿作伪证 |
[14:49] | – Linda. – Look, it’s a hypothetical. I mean… | -琳达 -这只是假设 我的意思… |
[14:51] | No. Listen. | 你听我说 |
[14:54] | Promise me, | 答应我 |
[14:56] | please, if-if… if they ask you anything, | 求你了 要是他们问你 |
[14:59] | you just say, “I don’t know. | 你就说“我不知道” |
[15:01] | I don’t recall.” | “我记不起来了” |
[15:04] | -That‘s a crime, Monica. -I promised him I wouldn’t tell anybody. | -这是犯罪 -我答应过他不说出去的 |
[15:07] | Monica, you are asking me to commit a crime. | 莫妮卡 你是在让我犯罪 |
[15:09] | – It’s not lying. – And also, this isn’t only happening to you. | -这不是撒谎 -你不能只考虑自己 |
[15:12] | It is also happening to me. I’m a single mother. | 也要为我考虑考虑 我是个单身母亲 |
[15:15] | I’m a political appointee. I have to be careful. | 我是个政务官 我必须得小心 |
[15:20] | Anyway, I’m behind on my gifts. | 我还得抓紧时间买礼物呢 |
[15:24] | We-we should just get to Macy’s. | 我们去梅西百货店吧 |
[15:26] | I get so overwhelmed this time of year. | 今年我可真有点忙不过来 |
[15:40] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[15:42] | Oh, my God! | 我的天哪 |
[15:45] | Oh. Oh, my goodness. | 我的上帝 |
[15:46] | Oh, Mama. | 妈妈 |
[15:47] | My little Minnie Mouse. Come, honey. Oh. Oh. | 我的小宝贝 快过来 亲爱的 |
[15:52] | Oh, look at you. | 你瞧瞧 |
[15:53] | Oh, my Lord. Look at those nails. | 上帝啊 瞧你的指甲 |
[15:55] | Oh. Susie took me to get ’em done. | 是苏茜带我去涂的 |
[15:58] | Mama, this is Susie. | 妈妈 这是苏茜 |
[15:59] | Susan Carpenter-McMillan. I have heard so much about you. | 我是苏珊·卡麦 葆拉老是和我谈起你 |
[16:04] | Susie is helping me with my case and my publicity and all that. | 苏茜一直在帮我打官司 帮我做宣传 |
[16:08] | And we stay at her house in San Marino. | 我们就住在圣马力诺她的家里 |
[16:11] | I wish you could come see it. | 希望你去看一看 |
[16:12] | She has a person who just looks after her roses. | 她家专门有一个人在养玫瑰花 |
[16:15] | California? | 去加州 |
[16:16] | Oh, honey, it took everything out of me to drive down here today. | 亲爱的 今天我开车过来实在累死了 |
[16:20] | Just so you know, Lonoke is a half hour from here. | 你要知道 这里到洛诺克只需半小时 |
[16:23] | On Interstate 40. You know, I hate driving that thing, | 走40号州际公路 我最讨厌那条路 |
[16:26] | – but I will to see my Paula. – Oh, Mama. | -但我会去看我的葆拉的 -妈妈 |
[16:29] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[16:30] | You know, I-I’m confused what’s happening now. | 现在发生的事 我有点不太明白 |
[16:34] | – Is the trial starting? – No. | -审判开始了吗 -还没 |
[16:36] | No. I told you. | 我告诉过你 |
[16:37] | I’m doing my deposition, and that’s before the trial, | 审判前我要先进行庭外作证 |
[16:41] | uh, where you go and say everything that happened. | 说明自己的要求和发生的一切 |
[16:45] | Well, you know, your sister told me… | 你姐姐告诉我 |
[16:48] | …you got offered money to settle. | 他们曾出钱和解过 |
[16:49] | Yes, they did try to throw a check at us to make this all go away, | 对 他们企图用钱来摆脱这一切 |
[16:54] | but any settlement needs to start with an apology to our Paula. | 但任何和解都必须先向葆拉赔礼道歉 |
[17:04] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[17:06] | I’m gonna go check us into the restaurant. | 我去餐厅订餐 |
[17:09] | Can’t wait to hear what this one was like… | 好想听妈妈谈谈… |
[17:10] | …when she was a little girl. | …过去的葆拉 |
[17:12] | Paula Poo. | 可爱的小葆拉 |
[17:17] | I heard that… that they offered you $700,000. | 我听说他们曾给你七十万美元 |
[17:22] | – Is that true? – Mm-hmm. | -是真的吗 -是的 |
[17:24] | – Gosh, that’s a lot of money. – I know, but… | -这可是一大笔钱啊 -我知道 |
[17:27] | Susie and Steve thought that it wouldn’t be right if I took it. | 但苏茜和史蒂夫都觉得我不能拿这笔钱 |
[17:30] | Look, Paula, how are you staying here? | 那么 葆拉 你怎么会住在这里 |
[17:34] | Who’s paying for all this? | 这些钱谁来付 |
[17:36] | Well, Susie has some really powerful friends. | 苏茜的朋友都很厉害 |
[17:38] | – Oh, I bet. – And they got me a new lawyer and everything. | -是吗 -他们还给我换了律师 |
[17:41] | I’m worried about you. | 我很担心你 |
[17:42] | I mean, you’re gonna be going into that courthouse, | 你马上就要走进法庭 |
[17:44] | and they’re gonna be asking you questions. | 接受他们的问话 |
[17:47] | I’m gonna be okay, Mama. | 我没事的 妈妈 |
[17:49] | I got people looking out for me. | 有人会帮我的 |
[17:51] | Paula, Mama? They’re ready. | 葆拉 妈妈 可以吃饭了 |
[17:56] | Do just watch out for her. | 你要当心这个人 |
[17:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:03] | – Oh, I love it. Let’s go to lunch. – Rready, girls. All right. | -太好了 吃饭去 – 走吧 女士们 |
[18:06] | I’m gonna have the Cobb salad. | 我要吃科布沙拉 |
[18:41] | Hello, ma’am. Sorry to disturb you. | 你好 女士 抱歉打扰了 |
[18:44] | Does your name happen to be Juanita Broaddrick? | 你是胡安妮塔·布罗德里克吗 |
[18:46] | Yeah. What is this about? | 对 什么事 |
[18:47] | I’m Beverly Lambert. This is my husband Rick. | 我是贝弗莉 他是我丈夫里克 |
[18:50] | We’re private investigators… | 我们是私家侦探 |
[18:51] | …working with the attorneys representing Paula Jones. | 目前在和琼斯的律师合作 |
[18:53] | I-I’m sorry. I don’t want to be involved. | 对不起 我不想卷入此事 |
[18:56] | Oh, well, ma’am, to explain, | 听我解释 女士 |
[18:57] | we’re interviewing women who’ve had encounters similar to Paula’s. | 我们要采访那些类似于葆拉的女性 |
[19:00] | I don’t want to participate. | 我不想卷入 |
[19:01] | I can certainly understand your hesitation. | 我很理解你的犹豫 |
[19:04] | There’s a rumor of what occurred with you and the president. | 传闻说你们曾有瓜葛 |
[19:06] | – I know what’s out there. – Is it true? | -我知道传闻是啥 -是真的吗 |
[19:08] | It’s the past. | 那是过去的事了 |
[19:10] | I don’t want to relive it. I’m sorry. | 我不想谈它 很抱歉 |
[19:12] | Okay. It’s just, Rick and I have been praying… | 里克和我一直在祈祷 |
[19:14] | …the Lord would send us to the right people. | 愿上帝会让我们找对人 |
[19:17] | We’ve been on this awhile now, so… | 我们已经找了很久 所以… |
[19:20] | Are you a Christian, ma’am? | 你是基督徒吗 女士 |
[19:23] | -Yeah. -So is Paula Jones. | -是的 -葆拉·琼斯也是 |
[19:25] | And all of her attorneys. Good Christian men. | 还有她的律师们 全是出色的基督徒 |
[19:29] | Well, | 但愿… |
[19:31] | I hope y’all find what you need, but it won’t be me. | …你们能找到需要的人 但我不参与 |
[19:34] | Okay, all right. | 那好吧 |
[19:35] | I do need to tell you, if you don’t talk with me and Bev here, | 但我要告诉你 如果你不和我们谈 |
[19:38] | then those attorneys will subpoena you. | 律师会给你发传票的 |
[19:40] | Do you understand that? | 这点你了解吗 |
[19:45] | They can speak to my lawyer. | 他们可以去找我的律师 |
[19:49] | He’ll say “No” Just like I’m saying “No.” | 他也一样会说“不”的 |
[19:51] | I have been a businesswoman here for years. | 我做生意很多年了 |
[19:52] | I do not want my name tied up in this. | 不想被这种事牵连进去 |
[19:55] | So wouldn’t it be easier just to talk with us, | 那样的话 在这里静静地谈一下 |
[19:58] | here in the quiet? | 不是更好吗 |
[20:00] | We drove all the way from Dallas today. | 我们可是从达拉斯专程开车过来的 |
[20:05] | I wish I could be of more help. I’m sorry. | 我也很想帮忙 但很抱歉 |
[20:09] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[20:11] | If you change your mind at all. | 想说就联系我们 |
[20:14] | Just would ask that you pray on it. | 希望你也能为此事祈祷 |
[20:25] | One thing I will say. | 我要说一件事 |
[20:27] | Paula Jones? | 葆拉说的话 |
[20:30] | She’s telling the truth. | 是真话 |
[20:31] | Anything she’d say bad about him, | 她对他的那些描述 |
[20:34] | she’s telling the truth. | 完全属实 |
[20:44] | Please raise your right hand. | 请你举起右手 |
[20:46] | Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth | 你能发誓… |
[20:48] | and nothing but the truth? | …只说实话吗 |
[20:49] | Okay. | 我发誓 |
[20:51] | Mrs. Jones, I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Robert Bennett. | 琼斯夫人 初次见面 我是罗伯特·贝内特 |
[20:54] | I represent William Jefferson Clinton. | 我是威廉·克林顿的律师 |
[20:56] | – He’s the president of the United… -I know who he is. | -他是美国… -我知道他是谁 |
[20:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:00] | you’ve testified that, Mr. Clinton exposed his penis… | 你的证词说 克林顿先生曾向你暴露其阴茎 |
[21:04] | …to you in a room at the Excelsior Hotel in May… | 事发地点是在怡东酒店的房间里 |
[21:07] | May 8, 1991. | 时间是1991年5月8日 |
[21:10] | How long were you in the room before this happened? | 这事发生前 你在房间里待了多久 |
[21:13] | Probably five minutes, maybe six. | 五分钟或者六分钟 |
[21:16] | And after he exposed his penis, | 在克林顿先生暴露出阴茎后 |
[21:18] | did Mr. Clinton require you to do anything against your will? | 他有没有硬要你做违背意愿的事 |
[21:25] | Well, | 这样的 |
[21:26] | he asked me to kiss his… | 他要我吻他的… |
[21:27] | Well, that wasn’t my question, Mrs. Jones. | 我的问题是: |
[21:29] | Did he require you to do anything against your will? | 他有没有硬要你做违背意愿的事 |
[21:33] | Well, he tried to kiss me. | 他想吻我 |
[21:34] | Did he force you to kiss him? | 他强迫你吻他了吗 |
[21:36] | – No. -Did he force you to kiss his penis? | -没有 -强迫你吻他的阴茎了吗 |
[21:39] | No. He asked. | 他是要求我吻 |
[21:40] | Well, did you kiss his penis? | 那你吻了没有 |
[21:42] | No. I wouldn’t. | 我当然没有 |
[21:46] | You filed an affidavit claiming that… | 你在一份书面证词里说过 |
[21:48] | …President Clinton’s penis has a distinguishing characteristic. | 克林顿总统的阴茎特征比较明显 |
[21:52] | Is that correct? | 是这样吗 |
[21:53] | Yes. Um, it’s got sort of a… A U-turn in it. | 对 他的东西弯得特别厉害 |
[21:57] | Oh, you also made a statement that, uh, | 你还说过 |
[21:59] | the president’s penis is small. | 总统的阴茎比较小 |
[22:02] | Have you ever taken an anatomy course, Mrs. Jones? | 你上过解剖课吗 琼斯夫人 |
[22:06] | No, I haven’t. | 没上过 |
[22:08] | And your husband, Steven Jones, was he your first sexual partner? | 你的第一个性交对象是丈夫史蒂文吗 |
[22:14] | No. | 不是 |
[22:17] | So I’m left to gather | 那么我想 |
[22:18] | that your ability to tell whether a man’s penis is small or large | 你是依据自己所见过的其他阴茎 |
[22:21] | is based on opportunities you’ve had to view other male penises. | 才得出男人阴茎大小之结论的 |
[22:25] | Is that correct? | 是这样吗 |
[22:29] | Well, uh, yes. | 这个… 是的 |
[22:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:37] | Ms. Jones, do you know a man named Dennis Kirkland? | 琼斯夫人 你认识丹尼斯·柯克兰吗 |
[22:40] | Yeah, I know Dennis. Uh, he’s from Lonoke. | 认识 他是洛诺克人 |
[22:43] | Mr. Kirkland has stated under oath that you gave him oral sex | 柯克兰作证说 在1987年的一次聚会里 |
[22:46] | and had sex with him at a party in 1987. Is that true? | 你曾为他口交并和他进行了性交 对吗 |
[22:52] | Mrs. Jones, this is a deposition. | 琼斯夫人 你是在作证 |
[22:54] | You’re required to answer these questions. | 必须回答这些问题 |
[22:56] | Did you provide oral sex and engage in sex with Mr. Kirkland? | 你曾为柯克兰口交并和他性交了吗 |
[22:59] | No. I… With Dennis, no, I did not. | 我和丹尼斯没有这样过 |
[23:01] | Mr. Kirkland also states that | 柯克兰先生还说 |
[23:03] | on the same night that you provided oral sex to him, | 在你为他口交的当晚 |
[23:05] | he watched as you provided oral sex to three other men. | 他还观看了你替其他三位男性口交的场面 |
[23:08] | – Is that correct? – What? | -对吗 -什么 |
[23:09] | At a party, did you give oral sex to Dennis Kirkland… | 柯克兰宣誓作证说 你在聚会里先给他口交 |
[23:13] | …and then again to three other men as Mr. Kirkland… | 然后再替其他三位男性口交 |
[23:16] | …has affirmed under oath? | 是这样吗 |
[23:17] | No. Why would Dennis say that? | 没有 丹尼斯怎么会这么说 |
[23:19] | Well, I have the names of three men right here, Ms. Jones. | 那三位男性的名字我也有 |
[23:23] | I don’t even know what you’re talking about. | 我听不懂你在说什么 |
[23:24] | I-I swear. I swear I did not do that. | 我发誓 我没干过这种事 |
[23:28] | I swear. How are they allowed to say that? That is a lie. | 我发誓 他们怎么能在这里这样造谣 |
[23:39] | You have no idea what all they said. | 你不会想到他们说了些啥 |
[23:41] | It was horrible, and they acted like it was true, and… | 太可怕了 他们讲得跟真的一样 |
[23:45] | Susie, you didn’t tell me it was gonna be like that. | 你可没说过会这样 |
[23:47] | – You said it was gonna be okay. – Mm. I’m sorry, Paula. | -你说过不会有事的 -对不起 葆拉 |
[23:50] | Now you listen to me. | 听我说 |
[23:52] | These are ruthless, terrible people, | 他们都是些冷酷的恶人 |
[23:54] | but they are not going to win. | 但他们赢不了官司 |
[23:56] | They have no idea… | 他们根本不知道… |
[23:58] | …how hard it’s about to get for him. | …他几乎没什么胜算 |
[24:02] | No idea. | 完全不知道 |
[24:07] | Monica Lewinsky. You’ve been served. | 莫妮卡·莱温斯基 法院的传票 |
[24:42] | – Allison, hi. – Hey. | -艾莉森 你好 -你好 |
[24:43] | – Oh, wow. I love that dress. – Thank you. | -裙子挺漂亮啊 -谢谢 |
[24:52] | -Oh, it means “Merry Christmas.” -Oh. | -写的是”圣诞快乐” -哦 |
[24:55] | Um, can I take your coat? | 大衣给我吧 |
[24:56] | -Oh, yes, please. -Okay. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[24:58] | Wow. You guys really go all-out, don’t you? | 你们搞得够隆重的 |
[25:00] | -Yeah, we do. -Do you know where your mom is? | -那是 -你妈妈人呢 |
[25:01] | Um… she’s probably over there. | 她可能在那边 |
[25:04] | -Okay. Thanks. -Yeah. Sure. | -好的 谢谢 -别客气 |
[25:05] | -Oh, I see her. Thanks. -Okay. Yeah. | -看到她了 -好的 |
[25:09] | Oh, um, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[25:12] | Oh, Monica? | 莫妮卡 |
[25:13] | Oh, my God, you have to try these cookies. They’re so… | 快来尝尝这饼干 太… |
[25:15] | I will. Just one second. Sorry. | 我等下再尝 对不起 |
[25:17] | -Merry Christmas. -Oh, Willy. Hi. Merry Christmas. | -圣诞快乐 -威利 圣诞快乐 |
[25:19] | -Good to see you. -Sorry. Just one second. Sorry. | -很高兴… -先失陪一下 |
[25:29] | -Hi. Yeah. -Oh, hi there. | -你好 -你好 |
[25:30] | Yeah, Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[25:32] | I love pine. Thank you. You’re too much. | 我喜欢松树 谢谢 你太好了 |
[25:36] | Cathy, this is my, uh… my good friend Monica. | 凯茜 这是我的好朋友莫妮卡 |
[25:39] | If you want to talk about the fiasco… | 你要是想了解… |
[25:40] | …that’s DLA’s electronic acquisition system, | …后勤局电子采购系统有多失败 |
[25:43] | park yourself next to Monica. | 问莫妮卡就行 |
[25:45] | She works with me at DoD. She’s been in the trenches. | 我们在一个办公室 她很辛苦 |
[25:47] | So nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[25:48] | Cathy’s in my bridge group. | 凯茜是我的桥牌搭档 |
[25:50] | She works in ground-based missile defense. | 导弹防御系统的 |
[25:51] | Can we speak privately for a moment? | 能和你单独聊聊吗 |
[25:53] | -Not right now. -I really, really need to talk to you. | -现在不行 -我有要紧的事 |
[25:55] | – I’m hosting a party. – Uh, Monica. | -我在开派对啊 -莫妮卡 |
[25:57] | Oh, Ken. Can you believe these two came? | 肯 没想到你们俩也来了 |
[26:01] | Oh, well, we were just thrilled… | 我们很高兴… |
[26:02] | …that we could finally make it this year. | …今年能来参加派对 |
[26:04] | But now, can you please tell us | 你能否告诉我们 |
[26:05] | all about your wonderful Christmas village in there? | 这个精致的圣诞村是怎么来的 |
[26:08] | Of course. Do you want the three-hour version, or just the two? | 可以 你想听三小时还是两小时 |
[26:11] | Well… | 这个… |
[26:12] | Yeah. Come on. Come on. | 你们过来 |
[26:18] | Well… | 来 |
[26:21] | it all starts here. | 一切要从这个说起 |
[26:23] | I got this when I was girl… | 这东西我小时候就有了 |
[26:25] | …on my first ever trip to Frankfurt to meet my mother’s family. | 那是我第一次去法兰克福的母亲家 |
[26:29] | They took me to a darling Christmas shop | 他们带我走进一家圣诞商店 |
[26:31] | that sold hand-carved miniatures, | 里面全是手工雕刻的小摆件 |
[26:34] | and I saw this little snow-dusted fir, and I was captivated. | 我看到了这颗小冷杉树 我被它迷住了 |
[26:38] | Oh, it’s beautiful. | 它很美 |
[26:39] | My dream is to one day open my own shop like that. | 我的梦想就是将来能开一家这样的店 |
[26:42] | A place where it’s Christmas all year round. | 在那里你每天都在过圣诞节 |
[26:45] | It would fill a real need, and… | 这很令人满足 |
[26:47] | Oh. | 瞧 |
[26:49] | I see Richard’s discovered my newest Weihnachtspyramide. | 理查德已找到了我最新的威纳克茨金字塔 |
[26:54] | Aren’t they beautiful? | 是不是很漂亮 |
[26:56] | This one belonged to my mother. | 这是我妈妈的 |
[26:57] | She brought it all the way from Germany. | 是她从德国带来的 |
[26:59] | With my father in tow. | 还带来了我爸爸 |
[27:01] | And so, uh, do you know what the Weihnachtspyramide is? | 你们知道什么是威纳克茨金字塔吗 |
[27:05] | It’s the original Christmas pyramid. | 那是最原始的圣诞金字塔 |
[27:09] | …seasonal miniatures. | …圣诞小摆件 |
[27:24] | Take his keys. | 拿着他的钥匙 |
[27:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:28] | – Can you please talk to me? – One minute. | -我们能谈谈吗 -稍等 |
[27:30] | – Let me get Helen my stollen recipe. – Linda! | -我先把面包配方给海伦 -琳达 |
[27:32] | I got the subpoena. | 我收到了传票 |
[27:34] | – Your cheese log is so creamy. – Not now, Susan. | -你的奶酪卷奶油太多 -现在不谈这个 |
[27:43] | I’ll walk you to your car. | 我送你到车上 |
[27:45] | “You are commanded to appear in the United States…” | “你必须前往美国地区…” |
[27:49] | Oh. This is incredibly alarming. | 写得够吓人的 |
[27:50] | I know, but I’ve been thinking this might actually help you. | 对 但我想这可能对你会有好处 |
[27:53] | What? Why? | 为什么对我有好处 |
[27:55] | You’ve been so worried about them asking you about me and Bill, | 你一直很担心他们会问起我俩的事 |
[27:58] | and now, I’ll have already said that nothing happened, | 要是我先说啥也没有 |
[27:59] | so you can just say the same thing. | 你跟着说就没事了 |
[28:01] | It’s so detailed. | 写得真详细 |
[28:03] | The hat pin? | 居然提到了帽针 |
[28:05] | They have intel. | 他们有情报 |
[28:07] | The only people that know are my closest friends, my mom… | 知道这事的 只有我最好的朋友 我妈妈… |
[28:10] | but she doesn’t even know any details… | 但她根本不了解细节 |
[28:12] | but she doesn’t even know any details– | 还有比尔和你 |
[28:14] | Well, Monica, somebody has told them something. | 莫妮卡 肯定是有人在告密 |
[28:16] | Oh, yeah. Thank you. | 我谢谢你 |
[28:17] | You think I haven’t been torturing myself about that? | 最近我时时刻刻都在想这事 |
[28:20] | That I haven’t fucking stopped thinking about that? | 难道我为此苦恼得还不够 |
[28:22] | But I am going to deny it, and it’ll be over, okay? | 但我会否认的 这事很快会结束 懂吗 |
[28:25] | So I’m gonna sign that affidavit tomorrow, | 我明天就去签书面证词 |
[28:27] | and you are gonna sign one that matches mine, | 你也去写一份口径一致的证词 |
[28:30] | and then we’re both gonna be off the hook. | 这样我俩就没事了 |
[28:34] | Hello? | 你在听吗 |
[28:38] | I can’t believe it’s almost over. | 真不敢相信它快要结束了 |
[28:40] | What? | 什么 |
[28:42] | Christmas. | 圣诞节啊 |
[28:46] | The closer you get, the nearer you are to the end. | 你靠近它的每一步都是在走向结束 |
[29:00] | I should get back. | 我得回去了 |
[29:02] | Susan has probably consumed my entire cheese log. | 苏珊可能已把奶酪卷全吃完了 |
[29:05] | Inviting her was a misstep. | 请她来是个错误 |
[29:06] | – Linda, please. – I understand that you’re worried. | -琳达 求你了 -我理解 你很担心 |
[29:08] | I am worried, too. | 我也是 |
[29:12] | But I need to talk to my lawyer before I do anything. | 但我必须先要和律师谈一谈 |
[29:19] | Merry Christmas, Monica. | 圣诞快乐 莫妮卡 |
[29:33] | – Did you tell the president about this? – I couldn’t reach him. | -这事你和总统说了吗 -我联系不上他 |
[29:38] | Okay, here’s the deal. | 看来是这样的 |
[29:40] | They’re probably going to focus on two questions. | 他们很可能会重点关注两个问题 |
[29:43] | Did you have sex with the president? | 你是否和总统有性关系 |
[29:49] | No. | 没有 |
[29:51] | Did he ever ask for it? | 他是否有过这个要求 |
[29:55] | Then I don’t see any cause for alarm. | 那就没什么可担心的 |
[29:58] | You’ll just submit an affidavit saying nothing happened, | 你只需递交书面证词就行 |
[30:00] | and they won’t make you testify in person. | 他们不会让你出庭作证的 |
[30:02] | But how did they even know my name? | 但他们是怎么知道我的 |
[30:05] | And on page three, it says to turn over anything he’s given you, | 第三页上说 要我交出他送的一切 |
[30:08] | including hat pins. | 包括帽针 |
[30:08] | How could they have known that he gave me a hat pin? | 他们怎么知道他给过我帽针 |
[30:11] | Frank Carter is a great lawyer. | 弗兰克·卡特是位出色的律师 |
[30:14] | I’ll introduce you. He’ll help you with the affidavit. | 你去找他 让他帮你起草证词 |
[30:18] | Can you please tell the president about this? | 你能把这事告诉总统吗 |
[30:20] | Yeah, I’ll make sure he knows, but, Monica, | 我一定会告诉他 莫妮卡 |
[30:24] | you’ll be okay. | 你不会有事 |
[30:26] | So, by signing this, you’re affirming under oath | 签了这个 就等于你已宣誓确认: |
[30:30] | that you can think of no reason why… | 你认为 |
[30:31] | …the plaintiff, Paula Jones, would seek information from you, | 原告葆拉·琼斯没理由来获取你的信息 |
[30:34] | and that you’ve never had a sexual relationship… | 另外 你和克林顿总统… |
[30:36] | …with President Clinton. | …也从未有过性关系 |
[30:38] | – That’s right. – Good. | – 没错 – 很好 |
[30:41] | John Hancock right here. | 在这里签名 |
[30:59] | Wow. Wonder what this is. | 让我猜猜这是什么 |
[31:03] | Oh, I actually needed one of these. I needed one of these. | 我确实需要这个东西 我需要它 |
[31:07] | You do, because you really need to practice. | 是的 因为你需要锻炼了 |
[31:08] | – You’re really, um… – Okay. | -你实在… – 对 |
[31:10] | – You suck at basketball. – You never even watch me play. | -你篮球太差 -你又没见我玩过 |
[31:12] | – I‘m way better than you. – Not at all. Are you kidding me? | -我可比你强多了 -你开玩笑 |
[31:14] | – Oh, this is really cute. I like this. – Yeah, it is cute. | -哇 这个真可爱 我喜欢 -确实可爱 |
[31:18] | – Right? Isn’t it? – Yeah, very cute. | – 是吧 – 是的 很可爱 |
[31:38] | Hi. You’ve reached the home of Linda, Ryan And Allison Tripp. | 你好 这里是琳达 瑞安和艾莉森的家 |
[31:42] | We’re not available to take your call. Please leave a message. | 我们现在都不在 有事请留言 |
[31:45] | Hey. | 你好 |
[31:46] | I just wanted to say Merry Christmas, and, um, | 我就想对你说一声圣诞快乐 |
[31:49] | I just… I just want to talk | 还想和你谈谈 |
[31:53] | about everything. | 聊聊天 |
[31:55] | And, uh… | 想听的话 |
[31:57] | see if you made a decision. | 我们见一面吧 |
[32:00] | Okay, uh, | 就这些 |
[32:02] | please just… just call me any time. | 请随时联系我 |
[32:06] | You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.Y | 孩子 别打到眼睛了 |
[32:09] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[32:20] | Monica, you traversed the globe with our team. | 莫妮卡 你曾与我们一起走遍全球 |
[32:23] | You worked all hours, you did a great job, | 你兢兢业业 工作出色 |
[32:26] | and you certainly have the best fashion sense… | 而且你肯定是… |
[32:27] | that an Air Force C-40 aircraft has ever seen, right? | …空军运输机上有史以来最时尚的乘客 |
[32:33] | The folks at Revlon don’t know how lucky they are. | 露华浓的人还不知道他们有多幸运 |
[32:36] | We’re sure gonna miss your kindness, | 我们会想念你的善良 |
[32:38] | your keen intelligence and your bright spirit. | 你的智慧 还有你开朗的精神 |
[32:42] | Good luck in the Big Apple, Monica. | 祝你在纽约一帆风顺 |
[32:44] | Don’t forget your friends at the DoD who care about you very much. | 别忘了国防部的朋友 他们都很关心你 |
[32:52] | Excuse me, sir. Just one second. | 对不起 先生 稍等片刻 |
[33:01] | Hey. | 喂 |
[33:03] | – Can you call me back? – Yes, of course. | -你能给我打个电话吗 -可以 |
[33:05] | – ‘Cause I’ve been trying you and trying you. – I know. | -我老打不通 -我知道 |
[33:07] | – I’m sorry. – What is your plan? | -很抱歉 -你打算怎么办 |
[33:10] | We can talk about all of this later. | 我们以后再谈这个 |
[33:11] | I’m actually meeting with my lawyer today. | 今天我要去见我的律师 |
[33:14] | Okay, good. That’s good, right? | 好 那就好 |
[33:16] | You know, we don’t have a picture together. | 我俩还没有一起合影过 |
[33:19] | You hate having your photo taken. | 你不喜欢拍照 |
[33:21] | I know, but you’re leaving. | 对 但你要走了 |
[33:23] | Can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[33:25] | Nathan? | 内森 |
[33:29] | Okay, ladies. | 笑一个 |
[33:47] | Linda, please. | 琳达 请坐 |
[33:50] | So, your subpoena. | 关于传票一事 |
[33:52] | I can help you draft an affidavit so you won’t have to testify. | 我写一份证词 你就不用出庭了 |
[33:54] | I mean, you have no connection to Paula Jones or the president. | 毕竟你跟琼斯或总统都没什么关联 |
[33:57] | You’re entirely wrong. | 大错特错 |
[33:59] | I’m quite close to a woman in the midst of… | 我和一个女人关系很密切 |
[34:01] | …an affair with President Clinton. | 她与克林顿总统有私情 |
[34:04] | And he’s covering it up by getting her a job at Revlon. | 为了掩盖真相 他在露华浓给她找了份工作 |
[34:10] | Her name is Monica. | 她叫莫妮卡 |
[34:12] | And the Jones lawyers know this? | 琼斯的律师知道这事吗 |
[34:14] | They know I know things. | 他们知道我了解底细 |
[34:21] | I’d like to give these to you. For safekeeping. | 我想把这些磁带交给你保管 |
[34:25] | My calls with Monica. | 我和莫妮卡的通话纪录 |
[34:28] | You’ve been taping her? And does she know? | 你通话时录音了 她知道吗 |
[34:31] | – No, she had no idea. – Where were you calling her from? | -她一点也不知道 -你在哪里和她通话的 |
[34:35] | My house in Columbia. | 哥伦比亚特区的家里 |
[34:36] | Linda, that’s a felony. | 琳达 这可是重罪 |
[34:41] | – What? – You cannot… | -什么 -在马里兰州… |
[34:42] | secretly tape phone calls in Maryland. | 不能私自进行电话录音 |
[34:45] | It’s a two-party consent state. | 它属于“双方同意”州 |
[34:51] | – I was told it was fine. – By who? | -她告诉我这是合法的 -谁告诉你的 |
[34:54] | – My literary agent. – I’m your lawyer. | -我的文学经纪人 -我是你的律师 |
[34:57] | Why didn’t you ask me? | 为什么不先来问我 |
[34:59] | All right, all right, look, | 事已至此 那就这样 |
[35:02] | here’s what we’re gonna do, okay? I’m gonna call Bob Bennett. | 我给鲍勃·本内特打电话 |
[35:05] | I know you’re not a fan, but he’s a reasonable guy. | 不管怎样 他是个聪明人 |
[35:07] | – Oh, yeah? – I’m gonna tell him about this, | -是吗 -我会把这事告诉他 |
[35:10] | and push him to settle now with Paula Jones. | 逼他和琼斯进行和解 |
[35:11] | – No, I don’t want that. – Linda, | -我不想这样 -琳达 |
[35:13] | do you understand how much trouble you’re in? | 你知道自己会惹多大麻烦吗 |
[35:16] | If these tapes are introduced into evidence, | 如果这些磁带被收为物证 |
[35:18] | you will be prosecuted, you could go to jail. | 你就会被起诉 可能还会坐牢 |
[35:22] | You said taping phone calls was entirely fine. | 你说电话录音是完全合法的 |
[35:24] | Well, it is in New York. | 在纽约是合法的 |
[35:26] | Well, not everyone lives in New York. | 我们又没住在纽约 |
[35:27] | Yes, I never understand that. | 我对此也很费解 |
[35:29] | This is serious. | 这事很严重 |
[35:31] | I could go to prison. | 我可能会坐牢 |
[35:33] | – I could lose everything. – Okay. | -我会失去一切 -别急 |
[35:36] | What does your lawyer say to do? | 你的律师是怎么说的 |
[35:38] | He wants to tell Bob Bennett about the tapes. | 他想把这件事告诉鲍勃·贝内特 |
[35:41] | – What? – So he’ll settle, | -什么 -这样他才会和解 |
[35:43] | so they won’t come to light. | 就此掩盖 |
[35:44] | If this case gets killed, he gets away with all of it. | 这案子要是和解了 他就彻底脱身了 |
[35:47] | I don’t want that, either, | 我也不想这样 |
[35:49] | but Maryland has a Democrat for governor and attorney general. | 但马里兰的州长和总检察长都是民主党人 |
[35:52] | The White House will have no trouble sending them after me. | 白宫要想整我非常容易 |
[35:56] | – Maximum sentence. – Linda, calm down. | -他们会重判我 -冷静 琳达 |
[35:58] | We just need to figure out a way to get you immunity… | 我们只需想个办法 |
[36:00] | …from prosecution. | 让你免予起诉 |
[36:02] | How are we gonna do that? | 什么办法 |
[36:03] | I have an idea. Let me get my Rolodex. | 我有个主意 我先问一下别人 |
[36:12] | – Conway. – Do you have connections to Ken Starr’s office? | -我是康韦 -你能联络上斯塔尔的人吗 |
[36:15] | Of course I do. | 当然能 |
[36:16] | We need to make them aware of Linda Tripp as fast as we can. | 得让他们尽快知道特里普的事 |
[36:24] | – Hey, stranger. – Hey. | -好久不见 你好 -你好 |
[36:29] | When’s the big move? | 什么时候搬家 |
[36:31] | Next week. | 下周 |
[36:34] | You okay? | 没问题吧 |
[36:36] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[36:37] | Yeah. No, I’m fine. | 我挺好的 |
[36:38] | I got you a few things. | 我有东西要给你 |
[36:42] | For the new New Yorker. | 送给纽约新人 |
[36:50] | Wow. That’s, um… | 哇 这个… |
[36:53] | That’s very sweet. Thank you, but I, um… | 你真好 谢谢 但我… |
[36:55] | Hold on. We’re not done. | 稍等 还有呢 |
[36:58] | Oh, my God. I love him, um, | 我的天 这个我喜欢 |
[37:02] | – but I… – And the last but not least. | -但我… -还有最后一件好东西 |
[37:13] | I found this in Vancouver in a First Nation store. | 它是我从温哥华的原住民商店里买来的 |
[37:18] | You know, a bear symbolizes courage. | 熊象征着勇气 |
[37:21] | So in your new life up there in the big city, | 所以 在大纽约的新生活里 |
[37:25] | when you need to be strong, just hold him close. | 当你需要勇气时 就紧紧地握住它 |
[37:31] | You okay? | 怎么了 |
[37:32] | I… I… I love them. | 我很喜欢这些礼物 |
[37:35] | Really, I love them, but I can’t take them. | 很喜欢 但我不能收下 |
[37:38] | My subpoena asked for every gift you’ve ever given me, | 传票规定 要交出你送的一切 |
[37:40] | – and it just feels too dangerous. – Well, don’t worry about that. | -感觉太危险了 -这不用担心 |
[37:42] | I am worried. | 我很担心 |
[37:44] | Don’t you think that something weird is going on? | 你不觉得这件事很奇怪吗 |
[37:47] | I wish I did. | 我意识得有点晚 |
[37:49] | I’m sorry you’re having to experience it, but, | 我很抱歉要让你承受那么多 |
[37:52] | this is what they do to me and any one I’m close to. | 但他们对我一贯如此 包括我的好友 |
[37:56] | You know, sad thing is, just feels normal to me now. | 悲哀的是 现在我已经习以为常了 |
[37:59] | Okay. I just… I guess it feels different for me. | 但对我来说 感觉大不一样 |
[38:02] | I don’t know. I just keep thinking… | 我一直在担心 |
[38:05] | about the witness list and the subpoena and the hat pin… | 证人名单 法院传票 还有那个帽针… |
[38:08] | You’ll be okay. | 你不会有事的 |
[38:11] | I mean, you signed the affidavit, right? | 你签好证词了吧 |
[38:16] | And, uh… | 而且… |
[38:20] | no one knows about us? | 没人知道我们的事 |
[38:22] | Right. | 没错 |
[38:24] | And your friend at the Pentagon… | 你在五角大楼的朋友… |
[38:28] | she doesn’t know? | 她也不知道吧 |
[38:31] | No. | 对 |
[38:34] | She’s not really my friend anymore anyway. | 不过 她现在已不再是我的朋友了 |
[38:37] | So you got nothing to worry about. | 所以你不用担心 |
[38:43] | This I do know. | 我只知道 |
[38:45] | You are gonna do great in New York. | 你会在纽约闯出一片天地 |
[38:48] | You know, building a career, | 你会努力工作 |
[38:52] | making new friends, | 结交新的朋友 |
[38:53] | lighting up every life you walk into like you did mine. | 无论你走进谁的生活 都会让他和我一样快乐 |
[39:04] | And one day, you’ll look back on all this and laugh. | 将来 当你回想起这一切 你会笑容灿烂 |
[39:07] | I’ll be some crazy story you tell your grandkids. | 你会跟孙辈们讲起我这个疯狂的人 |
[39:11] | You’re more than a crazy story. | 你可不光是个疯狂的人 |
[39:14] | Mr. President, Prime Minister Blair. | 总统先生 布莱尔首相来电 |
[39:16] | Yeah, I’ll just be a moment. | 我马上去 |
[39:18] | There’s never enough time. | 时光总是那么短暂 |
[39:21] | Safe travels, Monica. | 一路顺风 莫妮卡 |
[39:29] | I’ll never, um, be in this room again. | 我再也来不了这个办公室了 |
[39:35] | I’ll, uh… I’ll call you next week once you’re settled in. | 下周等你安顿好了 我打电话过来 |
[39:38] | Will you really call me? | 真的吗 |
[39:39] | Of course, middle of next week. | 是的 下周三 |
[39:45] | I know I shouldn’t say this, and… | 我知道不该这么说 |
[39:49] | But I… | 但是 |
[39:52] | I need you to know that… | 我希望你能明白 |
[39:56] | you are my whole world. | 你是我的整个世界 |
[40:10] | Good luck in New York. | 祝你在纽约好运 |
[40:13] | Be good. | 照顾好自己 |
[40:53] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:57] | Clinton has a mistress. She’s an intern or she was an intern. | 克林顿有个情妇 她好像曾是个实习生 |
[41:01] | They moved her to the Pentagon, | 后被调到国防部 |
[41:02] | but Vernon Jordan got her a job at Revlon for perjury. | 但为了叫她作伪证 弗农让她进了露华浓 |
[41:05] | – What? – I just had dinner with friends from law school. | -什么 -我刚和法学院的朋友吃完饭 |
[41:08] | They said that Clinton was fucking a girl who worked for him. | 他们说克林顿搞上了一个实习生 |
[41:11] | There’s perjury, there’s a cover-up. | 有人在作伪证 掩盖真相 |
[41:13] | And, Jackie, there are tapes. | 杰基 还有录音磁带 |
[41:16] | You’re telling me these tapes have this young lady… | 磁带里是否清晰地说明: |
[41:18] | …explicitly stating that the president had Vernon Jordan… | 总统让这个姑娘签署虚假证词 |
[41:22] | …give her a job in exchange for lying in an affidavit? | 并由此让弗农·乔丹替她安排工作 |
[41:26] | Yes, lying about the affair. | 对 叫她隐瞒私情 |
[41:27] | Judge, they had sex in the Oval Office. | 他们还在办公室里搞 |
[41:29] | – Okay. I don’t need to hear that. – I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | -这个别说 -抱歉 |
[41:30] | We need to talk to this witness. | 我们得找她谈谈 |
[41:32] | Wait. How did all this come to you? | 且慢 你是怎么知道这些的 |
[41:35] | Back channel from some friends that have been helping | 我的朋友私下说的 |
[41:36] | Paula Jones’ lawyers behind the scenes. | 他们一直在幕后帮助琼斯的律师 |
[41:44] | I see you two are very excited. | 看得出 你们俩很兴奋 |
[41:47] | But I need to figure out | 但我得想一下 |
[41:49] | how I can justify this under our mandate. | 如何将此事纳入我们的授权范围 |
[41:51] | What? What? | 什么 开玩笑 |
[41:53] | Vernon Jordan’s the president’s fixer. | 弗农是总统的爪牙 |
[41:55] | How many of our Whitewater witnesses has he interfered with? | 干扰过多名白水事件的证人 |
[41:58] | – Allegedly. – Let’s just see if it’s real, Judge. | -猜测而已 -先查一下吧 |
[41:59] | We’ll go where the evidence leads. | 看看会有些啥证据 |
[42:05] | Look into it, but remember who we are. | 去查吧 但别忘了我们是谁 |
[42:07] | This is a federal investigation… | 我们的联邦调查行动 |
[42:09] | …reporting directly to the United States Congress. | 是要直接向美国国会汇报的 |
[42:12] | No more of this backdoor stuff with your friends. | 不能掺入“朋友私下透露”这种事 |
[42:15] | It has to appear that this witness came to us out of the blue. | 应该让这个证人突然出现在我们面前 |
[42:18] | – She has to call us. – We… Yeah, got it. Go, go, go. | -要让她打电话来 -明白 快走 |
[42:26] | You’ve got mail. | 您有一封新邮件 |
[42:34] | 发信人:琳达·特里普 明天一起吃顿中饭好吗 丽思钢琴酒吧餐厅 2:45 | |
[42:44] | 发信人:莫妮卡·莱温斯基 当然好 你又活了 爱你的莫妮卡 | |
[42:53] | Hello? | 你好 |
[42:54] | Ken Starr’s office wants to hear from you. | 斯塔尔办公室要你给他们打个电话 |
[43:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[43:02] | Listen. You know this isn’t… | 你要知道 |
[43:03] | …some dinky little subpoena in this sexual harassment suit. | 这可不是那种性骚扰案里的普通召唤 |
[43:07] | This is a prosecutor with the power to file charges, | 他可是独立检察官 他有权起诉 |
[43:11] | and the FBI on their side. | 联邦调查局也听他的 |
[43:13] | He’ll be expecting your call tonight, | 他要你今晚就打电话 |
[43:15] | but, Linda, the second you call them, | 不过琳达 这个电话一打 |
[43:18] | this all turns into something else. | 整件事的性质就变了 |
[43:32] | OIC. This is Jackie Bennett. | 我是独检办的杰基 |
[43:35] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[44:22] | Linda Tripp. | 琳达·特里普 |
[44:24] | Jackie Bennett. We spoke on the phone. | 我是和你通话的杰基 |
[44:26] | My colleagues –Sol Wisenberg, Mike Emmick– | 我的同事索尔和迈克 |
[44:29] | from the Office of the Independent Counsel. | 他们也是独检办的 |
[44:30] | – This is Special Agent Steve Irons. – FBI. | -这位是联邦探员史蒂夫 -联调局的 |
[44:33] | – May we come in? – Please. | -能进去吗 – 请进 |
[44:37] | So, you called us? | 那么 电话是你打的 |
[44:39] | I’m in a terrible situation. | 我现在的处境很不妙 |
[44:42] | Facing prison or worse. | 可能会面临牢狱之灾或更糟 |
[44:45] | All because I borne witness to a series of ongoing crimes. | 原因是我见证了一些正在实施的犯罪行为 |
[44:50] | – What crimes? – Were you not all briefed? | – 什么罪行 – 你们还不知道 |
[44:54] | I assumed you’d all come briefed. | 我还以为你们都了解了 |
[44:58] | Well, please sit. | 那就请坐吧 |
[45:02] | In short, I’ve been subpoenaed in the Jones suit, | 长话短说 我现在是琼斯诉讼案的证人 |
[45:05] | and I’m being pressured into a… A cover-up | 但我现在压力很大 有人要我掩盖真相 |
[45:10] | at the direction of the president of the United States. | 背后的指使者就是美国总统 |
[45:13] | Just to confirm… this involves your colleague Monica… | 我确认一下 这事涉及到你的同事莫妮卡… |
[45:17] | Lewinsky. A friend. | …莱温斯基 她是我朋友 |
[45:20] | A good friend. | 我的好朋友 |
[45:23] | It’s not simply my word on this. | 这事可不是我一个人的陈述 |
[45:25] | I… I have Monica describing it all on tape. | 还有磁带里莫妮卡的描述 |
[45:31] | She also discusses her sexual affair with the president… | 她还讲述了她和总统之间的性行为 |
[45:36] | … in detail. | 非常详尽 |
[45:37] | So you started taping when you got the subpoena? | 你是在接到传票后开始录音的吗 |
[45:41] | No. | 不是 |
[45:42] | I began when I was subjected to character… | 我之所以录音 |
[45:44] | …assassination by the president’s attorney in Newsweek. | 是因为总统的律师在《新闻周刊》上诋毁我 |
[45:49] | I knew I had to protect myself. | 我得保护自己 |
[45:51] | – From Bob Bennett. – From the Clintons. | -提防鲍勃 -提防克林顿夫妇 |
[45:54] | We all know what they’re capable of. | 我们都清楚他们的手段 |
[45:56] | – This Monica has no idea? – Of course not. | -莫妮卡对此毫不知情吗 -是的 |
[45:59] | And I… I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[46:01] | You referred to this person as your “Good friend”? | 你刚才说 这个人是你的好朋友 |
[46:03] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你想说什么 |
[46:05] | Well, I’m just trying to ascertain… | 我只是想确认… |
[46:07] | Well, I have been Monica’s sole support for… for over a year. | 一年多以来 我一直是莫妮卡的精神支柱 |
[46:10] | I’ve given her my time, my… my counsel… | 在她最痛苦最孤独的时候 |
[46:13] | …in her darkest, loneliest hour. | 是我陪着她 开导她 |
[46:15] | There was one person she knew would pick up the phone, | 她知道 会拿起电话听她倾诉的人… |
[46:17] | and that was me. | …只有我 |
[46:20] | All I want, all I have ever wanted | 我只希望 我一直希望… |
[46:23] | is for Monica to be okay. | …莫妮卡能平安快乐 |
[46:28] | But I had to protect myself. | 但我不得不保护自己 |
[46:32] | – And thank fucking God I did. – Mrs. Tripp, | -所以才会这样 -特里普夫人 |
[46:35] | we have been investigating the Clintons for years now. | 我们调查克林顿夫妇已有好几年 |
[46:37] | Yes, we know what they’re capable of, | 我们的确也清楚他们的手段 |
[46:40] | and we fully understand why you did what you did, okay? | 所以我们完全理解你为何会这么做 |
[46:44] | Now, out of nowhere, | 现在我突然知道 |
[46:45] | I learn it’s illegal in Maryland to record a call. | 在马里兰州 电话录音是违法的 |
[46:48] | – I got horrible advice on that. – Yeah. | -我完全被误导了 -明白 |
[46:50] | We will help you avoid prosecution, anything you need. | 我们会让你免予起诉 我们会帮你 |
[46:54] | We just need copies of your tapes. | 但你要把磁带给我们 |
[47:01] | I can have those to you tomorrow. | 我明天交给你们 |
[47:06] | Okay, great. | 太好了 |
[47:09] | I’ll have a clean tape for you tomorrow, too. | 明天我还会给你们一盒干净的磁带 |
[47:12] | What do you mean, “Clean tape”? | 什么意思 |
[47:13] | I’ve arranged lunch with Monica tomorrow in Virginia | 明天我约了莫妮卡在弗吉尼亚州吃午餐 |
[47:17] | where they’re less dictatorial about single-party taping. | 在那里 单方录音不算违法 |
[47:19] | I’m going to tape the whole thing, but legal this time. | 我会合法地录下整个过程 |
[47:21] | And how are you gonna do that? | 你怎么录 |
[47:22] | I’m going to wire myself with a recording device. | 我随身携带录音设备 |
[47:25] | -I plan to wear a loose blouse. -No, no, no. No, no way. | -穿一件宽松点的上衣 -不能这样 |
[47:28] | This is an active federal investigation. | 这是联邦调查行动 |
[47:30] | If you’re gonna be wired, you’re gonna be wired by the FBI. | 如果要录音 得由联调局来布置 |
[47:36] | You realize what this means? | 你明白这意味着什么吗 |
[47:39] | Clinton gives his deposition in the Jones case on Saturday. | 周六克林顿要去为琼斯案作证 |
[47:42] | He’s gonna walk in there, he’s gonna lie his ass off. | 到了那里后 他肯定谎话连篇 |
[47:45] | We’re gonna be waiting for him. | 我们就等着看吧 |
[47:46] | I mean, this is… this is bigger than Whitewater. | 这事会比白水事件还要轰动 |
[47:50] | What? Fuck that. It’s bigger than Watergate, man. | 它比水门事件还要轰动 |
[47:52] | – We have tapes. – Watergate had tapes. | -我们有磁带 -水门事件里也有 |
[47:55] | And thank God we do, too, | 幸亏我们也有磁带 |
[47:57] | ’cause a jury would fucking hate that lady. | 因为陪审团不会喜欢这位女士的 |
[48:08] | Just need to secure this. | 固定一下就好了 |
[48:09] | How is this different than the one on my leg? | 它和腿上的那个有啥区别 |
[48:11] | This one lets us listen live from up here. | 它能实时监听 |
[48:13] | Linda, look, just-just focus on two things, okay? | 琳达 你只需专注于两件事: |
[48:17] | She needs to say she’s planning on lying under oath | 让她说出打算作伪证的企图 |
[48:19] | and she needs to say what Vernon Jordan… | 再让她说出… |
[48:20] | …is doing for her in exchange for that lie. That’s it. | …弗农因此是怎样回报她的 就这些 |
[48:24] | Okay. | 好了 |
[48:25] | Ms.Tripp, can you say a few words? | 先试一下 |
[48:26] | What if something goes wrong? | 出了问题怎么办 |
[48:27] | We’ll be listening in the whole time, | 我们会一直监听着 |
[48:29] | and we have people posted downstairs. | 楼下还有人守着 |
[48:30] | – What if she sees them? – She won’t. | -要是被她看见呢 -不会的 |
[48:37] | Why don’t you go for a table in the back corner? | 你要坐在角落里 |
[48:38] | You’ll be able to see the whole place. It’ll help you stay calm. | 既看得见整个餐厅 也有助于保持平静 |
[48:46] | I hope I don’t let you down. | 但愿不会让你们失望 |
[49:06] | Hi. | 你好 |
[49:11] | I’d like that table in the corner. | 我要那边角落里的位置 |
[49:13] | – Oh, okay. – It’ll just be two of us. | -好的 -只有两个人 |
[49:15] | Sure. Wherever you like. | 没问题 |
[49:17] | Tell me about your smoking policy. | 这里可以吸烟吗 |
[49:20] | Oh, this is a nonsmoking section. | 这里是无烟区 |
[49:21] | Okay, well, I don’t want to do anything | 那就不吸了 |
[49:23] | that’s not the normal routine. | 只是会有点不习惯 |
[49:25] | – You can smoke at the bar. – No, that’s fine. | – 酒吧里可以吸烟 – 不用了 |
[49:27] | There are plenty of seats at the bar if you want… | 那里位置很多… |
[49:28] | No, I don’t want to go to the bar. Thank you. | 我不想去酒吧 谢谢 |
[49:31] | – Enjoy. – Thank you. | – 请随意 – 谢谢 |
[50:12] | Hi. | 你好 |
[50:14] | Hi, Monica. | 你好 莫妮卡 |
[50:16] | It’s her. | 她来了 |
[50:20] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[50:20] | I have been thinking about you nonstop. | 我其实一直都在想着你 |
[50:24] | I know I’ve been out of touch. | 虽然没怎么联系你 |
[50:26] | Things feel so weird, and our last conversation was so… | 总觉得事情有点怪 我们上次的谈话… |
[50:29] | I’m sorry. I’ve-I’ve been a wreck. | 对不起 因为我感觉很崩溃 |
[50:31] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[50:33] | Why have you been a wreck? | 你为什么崩溃 |
[50:35] | Because I’m in a nightmare. | 因为我仿佛噩梦缠身 |
[50:37] | I feel like I’m going crazy, like actual DSM crazy. | 感觉自己真的像得了精神病一样 |
[50:40] | I don’t understand what’s happening or why. | 我搞不清这件事的原委 |
[50:42] | What do you… what do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[50:43] | What do you mean, “What do I mean?” | 你说我是什么意思 |
[50:45] | I feel an overwhelming sense of dread every minute of every day, | 那份恐惧感压得我分分秒秒都喘不过气来 |
[50:49] | and honestly, you’re not helping with that. | 你却袖手旁观 |
[50:50] | – I know. I know. – You dropped off the face of the earth, Linda. | -我懂 -你仿佛突然消失了 琳达 |
[50:53] | You were gonna go talk to a lawyer, right? | 你打算去见律师 对吗 |
[50:56] | – Did that happen? – Uh, I did, | -你去了吗 -我去过了 |
[50:58] | but, it’s all still very much up in the air. | 但是 一切还都悬而未决 |
[51:01] | Well, what does that mean? | 那是啥意思 |
[51:02] | – Thank you. – Mm. Can I get you ladies anything? | -谢谢 -女士们还需要点什么 |
[51:05] | No, nothing. No, no. | 不用了 |
[51:07] | I’d love some coffee, please. | 请给我来杯咖啡 |
[51:17] | I need to know what you’re thinking about your affidavit. | 告诉我 你那份书面证词想怎么写 |
[51:22] | Are you still planning to lie? | 你依然想撒谎吗 |
[51:26] | I already signed it. | 我已签了证词 |
[51:27] | Nice. | 漂亮 |
[51:30] | My thing with him was personal and private, and it has… | 我和他之间纯属个人私事 |
[51:33] | absolutely nothing to do with Paula Jones, | 和葆拉·琼斯根本毫无关系 |
[51:36] | and I… I really thought about it. | 我也认真考虑过 |
[51:37] | And maybe if this were a… a serious lawsuit, | 如果这是一件很严肃的诉讼案 |
[51:40] | I would feel differently, but I… | 我的想法会不一样 |
[51:43] | I’m not helping with a publicity stunt. I’m just…I’m not, okay? | 但这是借故炒作 我不会推波助澜 不会 |
[51:47] | And I think you would feel the same way | 你也会有同感 |
[51:48] | – if you would just… – Okay. | -如果… -听着 |
[51:49] | I-I’m not even concerned with her. | 我在乎的不是葆拉 |
[51:52] | – I’m concerned with us. – Me too. | -是我俩 -我也是 |
[51:55] | Linda, I have to say, | 有句话我必须得说 |
[51:58] | I’ve turned this over in my mind a million times, | 我一直翻来覆去地在想 |
[52:00] | and if the shoe were on the other foot, I would keep your secret. | 如果我是你 我不会说出去 |
[52:04] | I know I would do that for you. | 我肯定会替你保密 |
[52:11] | So… | 也就是说 |
[52:14] | you’ve lied under oath, | 你在宣誓下作伪证 |
[52:17] | and you’re asking me to do the same. | 要我也同样如此 |
[52:23] | – Why are you saying it like that? – What do you mean? | -你怎么这个腔调 -啥意思 |
[52:24] | In legalese or whatever. | 听上去好像法律味很重 |
[52:28] | Oh. Fuck. | 见鬼 |
[52:29] | I don’t know, Monica. | 我不知道 莫妮卡 |
[52:31] | I’m-I’m frightened. | 我很害怕 |
[52:33] | Okay. I just… I think… | 明白 我只是觉得… |
[52:37] | – What’s happening? – The mic fell down. | -怎么了 -麦克风掉了 |
[52:39] | – Down where?! – Probably in her blouse. | -掉哪里了 -可能在衬衫里 |
[52:41] | Go. Go, go. | 快去 快去 |
[52:43] | And tell her to bring up Vernon Jordan! | 叫她快点说弗农的事 |
[52:45] | – What’s going on? – I’m just itchy. Go ahead. | -怎么了 -有点痒 你继续说 |
[52:48] | I think you’re making this into something that it’s not. | 我觉得你有点小题大做 |
[52:49] | All you have to do, if they ask, is say, “I don’t remember, | 你只需回答“我不记得”就行了 |
[52:52] | I don’t recall…” Okay, what’s-what’s happening? | 你到底怎么了 |
[52:54] | I just… I’m gonna go to the bathroom. | 我要去一下洗手间 |
[52:57] | I’ll be right back. | 马上回来 |
[53:14] | Ah, I got it. | 在这里 |
[53:15] | Get her to talk about Vernon Jordan. | 让她谈弗农·乔丹的事 |
[53:17] | Jesus Christ. Your one job was to properly clip. | 你的工作是要把麦克风固定住 |
[53:20] | – Okay, just breathe. – Oh, shut up. I know how to breathe. | -深呼吸 -你闭嘴 我知道怎么呼吸 |
[53:23] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[53:31] | The target is going through the asset’s purse. | 目标正在查看线人的手提包 |
[53:34] | Hello. | 喂 |
[53:36] | Hello. Is someone listening? | 喂 有人在听吗 |
[53:47] | God. Stop being paranoid, Monica. | 天哪 别疑神疑鬼的 莫妮卡 |
[53:53] | Shit. Fuck. | 该死的 |
[54:06] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[54:09] | Yeah. sorry. I… | 没事 抱歉… |
[54:10] | We’re back! We’re back! | 声音有了 |
[54:11] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[54:15] | I know this might sound insane, | 虽然听起来有点荒谬 |
[54:19] | but this whole situation, I think, | 但从某种意义上讲 |
[54:21] | in a way– it might be easier for you than it is for me. | 我的处境要比你困难得多 |
[54:25] | I’m a peon. I don’t have powerful friends. | 我是个穷打工的 没什么有权有势的朋友 |
[54:29] | I have nobody. | 我没靠山 |
[54:32] | But you, I mean… | 但是你… |
[54:34] | You’ve got huge heavy hitters in your back pocket. | 你背后有重量级的人物在给你撑腰 |
[54:39] | You’re protected. | 你有人保护 |
[54:40] | What actual protection do you think I have? | 你说我受到了什么保护 |
[54:42] | I am not protected at all. | 根本没人来保护我 |
[54:44] | Vernon Jordan got you a big job, | 弗农·乔丹给你找了份好工作 |
[54:46] | – didn’t he? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[54:48] | Yes! Yes! | 太棒了 |
[54:49] | You’ve got the president of the United States looking out for you. | 你有美国总统在照顾你 |
[54:52] | Right, and if this gets out, he will hate me forever. | 对 但如果这事曝光 他会永远恨我 |
[54:55] | Jesus, Monica. | 天哪 莫妮卡 |
[54:57] | It just always comes back to what’s best for him. | 说来说去总归是替他着想 |
[55:00] | No, Linda. It’s me. | 不对 琳达 是替我着想 |
[55:03] | This is for me. | 这是为了我 |
[55:05] | And all you have to do is say… | 你只需说: |
[55:06] | …that you’ve never seen the president behave inappropriately… | 你从未见过总统对别人有行为不当之举 |
[55:10] | with anyone, because that is 100% the truth. | 因为这是百分之百的事实 |
[55:17] | I need to think about it.You keep saying that. | -我考虑一下 -你老这么说 |
[55:19] | – You have thought about it. – I know. | -你早想过了 -我知道 |
[55:20] | Linda, please. | 琳达 求你 |
[55:22] | Please. This is my real life we’re talking about, | 求你了 这是在谈我的人生 |
[55:25] | and I’m scared. | 我真的很害怕 |
[55:28] | All I need is for you… | 求你答应我 |
[55:30] | …to say that you just won’t tell them about me. Please? | 别把我的事告诉他们 求你了 |
[55:33] | Please. | 我恳求你 |
[55:39] | It’s a big decision. Let me sleep on it. | 事关重大 让我再考虑一晚 |
[55:42] | I don’t understand why you can’t just promise me that. | 我不懂你为何不肯 |
[55:43] | You’re asking a lot. | 这不是一般的要求 |
[55:46] | I need the night, okay? | 我今晚再考虑一下 好吗 |
[56:02] | He’s put you through so much. | 他让你吃了太多的苦 |
[56:04] | All I want is for you to be free of it. | 我只想让你摆脱出来 |
[56:06] | – I hope you know that. – I… | -希望你能理解 -我… |
[56:08] | – I don’t know. -I’ll call you tomorrow, I promise. | -我不知道 -我明天一定给你打电话 |