时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Come on in, Monica. | 进来 莫妮卡 |
[00:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:30] | – Wow, you’ve known the president a long time. – Yes. | -哇 你和总统是老朋友啊 -是的 |
[00:34] | We’re close. | 我们关系很好 |
[00:36] | – We met when we were teenagers. – Oh, wow. | -我们从小就认识 -这样啊 |
[00:41] | – Closing things up here. – Oh, sure. | -我先把这个弄完 -好的 |
[00:51] | Okay. So… | 好啦 那么… |
[00:54] | why are you here today? | 你有何贵干 |
[00:56] | I applied for the position at the National Security Office. | 我申请了国家安全委员会的工作 |
[01:01] | Back here at the White House. | 我要回白宫了 |
[01:05] | – I was under the impression you were aware of that. – Yes. | -我以为你知道这事 -我知道 |
[01:09] | Is there something you’d like me to do about it? | 你需要我为你做什么 |
[01:12] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m a little confused. | 对不起 我有点糊涂了 |
[01:15] | I was told you were working on placing me back here. | 他们告诉我说 是你在负责调我回来 |
[01:18] | Placing you in the White House? | 调你回白宫 |
[01:21] | – This is the first I’m hearing of that. – Oh. | -没人和我讲过这事啊 -这样啊 |
[01:25] | – Remind me, where are you now? – The Pentagon, Public Affairs. | -你现在在哪里 -五角大楼公共事务部 |
[01:28] | I’m the confidential assistant to Ken Bacon, | 我是培根的机要助理 |
[01:30] | but before that, I was here. | 那之前我在这里工作 |
[01:32] | Why did you transfer out? | 为何要调过去 |
[01:36] | It wasn’t really my decision. | 不是我要调过去的 |
[01:38] | Whose decision was it? | 是谁要调你过去的 |
[01:42] | – Evelyn Lieberman made that arrangement. – Right. | -安排调动的是伊夫琳·利伯曼 -明白了 |
[01:46] | I spoke to Evelyn about you. | 我曾和她说起过你 |
[01:49] | Oh, s-so you did speak to someone? | 那你的确替我说过此事 |
[01:51] | She gave me a rundown of your departure. | 她讲述了调走你的理由 |
[01:56] | Monica… you’ve got a good job. | 莫妮卡 你有一个很好的工作 |
[02:00] | You get to travel the world with DoD. | 在国防部你可以周游世界 |
[02:03] | Why would you want to come back here? | 为何要回来 |
[02:04] | I really love working in the executive branch. | 我很喜欢在白宫行政部门工作 |
[02:09] | Well, unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[02:13] | that NSC job has been filled. | 国安会目前没有空缺职位 |
[02:17] | – Oh, it has? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[02:19] | I’ll just have to find something else. | 我也只能另想办法了 |
[02:22] | Okay, um… | 是这样的: |
[02:24] | because it’s been almost a year since I was told I’d be back here. | 有人一年前就说过 我会调回来的 |
[02:28] | And who told you that? | 谁说的 |
[02:31] | He did. | 他说的 |
[02:33] | He who? | 他是谁 |
[02:52] | Linda. | 琳达 |
[02:54] | – Why would you do this? – I’m not in the mood, Monica. | -你为何要这样做 -我现在心情不好 |
[02:58] | – The big creep is gonna be so mad. – Why? | -大混蛋会气疯的 -为什么 |
[03:01] | I called Kathleen a liar because she is. | 我说凯瑟琳在撒谎 这是实话 |
[03:04] | I helped him. | 我是在帮他 |
[03:05] | You said that he fondled his employee in the West Wing. | 你说他在西厢摸弄女下属 |
[03:07] | – Oh, I should have known you’d take his side. – I’m not! | -没想到你会帮他说话 -我没有 |
[03:10] | His lawyer Bob Bennett defames me on the world stage. | 他的律师鲍勃·贝内特诽谤我 |
[03:13] | He says I’m not to be believed. | 他向全世界宣称:我不值得信赖 |
[03:16] | And your only concern is protecting him. | 而你却一心只想保护他 |
[03:19] | Linda, he knows that you and I are friends. You have to fix this. | 琳达 他知道我俩是朋友 这事你得弥补 |
[03:23] | I am not the catalyst here. | 肇事者不是我 |
[03:25] | I didn’t ask for a front-row ticket to his misbehavior. | 他的丑行不是我求着要去看的 |
[03:28] | I was handed one, forced against my will to watch. | 而是我实在躲不过才看见的 |
[03:31] | Please. I am so close to getting my job back. | 求你了 我快要调回去了 |
[03:33] | If the White House has any excuse… | 要是他们找借口… |
[03:35] | I am at war with the White House. | 我和白宫势不两立 |
[03:37] | For 20 years I have given everything to this system. | 20年来我奉献了自己的一切 |
[03:40] | I have been nothing but loyal, and now I’m a target. | 我对他们忠心耿耿 现在他们却来整我 |
[03:43] | I really don’t think you’re a target. | 我没觉得他们在整你 |
[03:45] | I was the last person to see Vince Foster alive. | 我是最后一个看见福斯特活着的人 |
[03:48] | The White House disposed of me like a piece of trash. | 他们把我扔出白宫 就像扔垃圾一样 |
[03:53] | And they will do the same to you, Monica. | 他们也会这样对你的 莫妮卡 |
[03:56] | – I don’t think so. – Oh, trust me. | -不会的 -相信我 |
[03:58] | I wasn’t welcome back, and you won’t be either. | 我俩都不受欢迎 |
[04:00] | Oh, Jesus, Linda, no one wanted you back. | 琳达 他们不要的是你 |
[04:07] | I’m sorry, I… | 对不起 我… |
[04:08] | That’s not what I… | 我不是… |
[04:10] | That came out wrong, Linda. | 是我说错了话 琳达 |
[04:12] | Linda, I am very scared, and I’m worried about you, | 琳达 我好怕 也很担心你 |
[04:15] | because you’re a political appointee, | 你是个政务官员 |
[04:17] | – and you could lose your job for this. – Yeah. | -你会丢饭碗的 -是的 |
[04:20] | And then I’ll write a tell-all book. | 那我就出书抖露一切 |
[04:23] | See how they like that | 看他们怎么样 |
[04:25] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思? |
[04:28] | Don’t be such a narcissist. | 你别太自恋 |
[04:30] | It’ll be about me, not you. | 我要写的是自己 不是你 |
[04:44] | 比尔和希拉里清点死亡人数: 下述克林顿同事均死于可疑的暴力事件 4.文森特·福斯特 | |
[04:57] | Who left this here? | 这是谁放的 |
[05:03] | Who put this here?! | 是谁放在这里的 |
[05:52] | You’ve reached the office of Lucianne Goldberg. Start talking. | 这里是露茜安·哥德堡办公室 请说 |
[05:56] | Lucianne, it’s Linda Tripp. | 露茜安 我是琳达·特里普 |
[05:58] | I’m sure you’ve seen Newsweek. | 你肯定看过《新闻周刊》了 |
[06:01] | I need to talk. It’s urgent, and I didn’t know who else to call. | 我要和你谈谈 很紧急 我只能找你 |
[06:05] | The pictures for which a London tabloid | 伦敦某一小报… |
[06:07] | reportedly paid $400,000… | …出价四十万美元买到手的照片… |
[06:10] | show Diana cavorting about… | 是黛安娜… |
[06:11] | – Hello? -Hi. | -喂 -你好 |
[06:16] | Hi. | 你好 |
[06:18] | I just want to say again I’m sorry about earlier. | 白天的事再次向你表示道歉 |
[06:20] | You know how important you are to me, I just… | 你对我很重要 这你知道 |
[06:22] | I’m scared that the big creep would be mad, | 我只是很害怕大混蛋生气 |
[06:24] | and you and I would end up jobless in a ditch somewhere. | 最后我们都会变成无业游女 |
[06:27] | Just kidding about the ditch part. | 我说“游女”是开玩笑 |
[06:30] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[06:31] | Do you forgive me? | 你原谅我了 |
[06:33] | Of course. | 那当然 |
[06:34] | I have to say this has been such an unsettling 24 hours. | 老实说 在这24小时里 我实在太紧张了 |
[06:39] | Ugh, I know. Me, too. You know, | 我也一样 |
[06:40] | I finally had a meeting with Marsha. Did I tell you that? | 我总算去见了玛莎 我说过吗 |
[06:43] | Who, I’ll remind you, in July said | 她在七月份曾说过 |
[06:45] | that there would be a job available for me this fall | 秋天时会有一个职位空缺 |
[06:47] | and is now saying there might not be one available this year. | 但现在却说今年不会有职位空缺了 |
[06:51] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑 |
[06:52] | No, I’m serious, Linda, and at this point | 我没开玩笑 琳达 |
[06:53] | it’s like Bill said that she would secure a job for me months ago. | 数月前比尔也说过她现在会给我安排工作 |
[06:57] | When I call her, she acts like she doesn’t even know who I am, | 但我给她打电话时 她却假装一无所知 |
[07:00] | and then, when he sends me back in to see her, | 后来他叫我去找她 |
[07:03] | she just sits there and stares at me with these mean eyes | 她就坐在那里不怀好意地盯着我 |
[07:06] | and asks me all these questions, like, | 还要问我: |
[07:08] | “Why would you want to come back to work at the White House | “国防部薪水那么高 |
[07:09] | to make less than you do at the Pentagon?” | 你为什么想回白宫 ” |
[07:11] | And “What’s your relationship to the president?” | 还问“你和总统是什么关系 ” |
[07:14] | And it’s like, we all know why she’s asking. | 她这么问也不奇怪 |
[07:16] | She used to be his girlfriend. | 她以前是他的女友 |
[07:19] | 有线卫星公共事务电视2台 “今日报道” | |
[07:19] | So I called Betty to see if I could talk to him, | 我就给贝蒂打电话说想见他 |
[07:21] | but she keeps saying that he’s busy. | 她却说他很忙 |
[07:23] | I’m just so frustrated, Linda. | 我很恼火 琳达 |
[07:25] | He’s the president of the United States. | 他是美国总统 |
[07:26] | He should be able to snap his fingers and make this happen. | 应该打个响指就能搞定此事 |
[07:29] | And I know he’s trying, and I know | 我也知道他在努力 |
[07:31] | it’s not like he has a lot of free time on his hands. | 他现在的确也很忙 |
[07:34] | But anyway… | 但是… |
[07:51] | Ryan. | 瑞安 |
[07:53] | Allison. | 艾莉森 |
[07:55] | A little help. | 来帮一下忙 |
[07:59] | Did anyone call for me? | 有人给我打电话吗 |
[08:04] | – A human being is speaking to you. – No. | -我在跟你说话呢 -没人 |
[08:08] | I’m not a fan of your tone. | 你的态度可真差 |
[08:11] | Flying solo. You can join me if you want. | 你要是愿意 也加入单飞行列吧 |
[08:14] | – Monica. – Guess again, dear. | -莫妮卡 -猜猜我是谁 |
[08:16] | Lucianne. | 露茜安 |
[08:17] | Hi. I wasn’t sure you’d call me back. | 你好 我不知道你真的会回电 |
[08:20] | I probably shouldn’t have. | 也许不该回电的 |
[08:22] | You get me all hot and bothered thinking | 你让我既渴望又不安 |
[08:24] | you’re sitting on something big, and then you vanish. | 就怕你有料不抖 最后又消失了 |
[08:26] | Let me change phones. | 我换个电话 |
[08:28] | When I say hang up… | 我去楼上接 |
[08:34] | So, why’d you call? | 是什么事 |
[08:35] | Well, I have found myself in possession of… | 我发觉自己掌握了一些… |
[08:38] | …some very sensitive information, | …极为敏感的信息 |
[08:41] | information of major national importance. | 能让举国哗然的重大信息 |
[08:44] | Yes. | 继续说 |
[08:48] | Last year a young woman was placed in my office. She… | 去年我的办公室里调来了一位姑娘 她… |
[08:54] | – I don’t know quite how to say this. – Linda,I’m gonna hang up. | -我不知道怎么说好 -那我挂了 |
[08:57] | No, no, no. Listen, this-this woman… | 别挂 别挂 这个姑娘… |
[09:00] | she has, um, taken me in as her confidant. | …把我看成是她的闺蜜 |
[09:04] | And it turns out… | 结果我发现 |
[09:06] | …she’s the girlfriend of the president of the United States. | 她居然是美国总统的女朋友 |
[09:11] | You honestly needed that much… | 你说了那么多 |
[09:13] | …build-up to tell me Bill Clinton has a girl on the side? | 就是想告诉我克林顿有个小情人吗 |
[09:17] | Oh, trust me. This is not his usual routine. | 相信我 这一次的情况完全不一样 |
[09:20] | – I’m talking long-term. -Let me guess. | -过程较长 -我猜猜 |
[09:22] | – She’s made it two days. -No. | -两天的情史 -不 |
[09:25] | Two years. | 是两年 |
[09:30] | What? | 什么 |
[09:31] | It’s actually quite disturbing. | 这事其实很揪心 |
[09:33] | She was 21 when it started, an intern. | 事发时她还是个21岁的实习生 |
[09:36] | He went after her immediately. | 他一下子就盯上了她 |
[09:38] | I-I mean, secret sexual encounters every chance he could get. | 只要一有机会 他就会叫她去幽会 |
[09:42] | He’d take a call with the prime minister, she’d be on her knees. | 哪怕是和外国首相在通话 也要让她跪着舔阴 |
[09:46] | So, naturally, I am concerned about this young woman’s well-being. | 所以 很自然 我也特关心这位姑娘的处境 |
[09:50] | – Naturally. -It’s awful. | -很自然 -可恨的是 |
[09:52] | He’s been dragging her through hell. | 他还让她受尽了折磨 |
[09:54] | Has Madame X considered coming forward? | 这位神秘女郎考虑过要揭发此事吗 |
[09:57] | No. No, she’s not the type. | 不 她不是这种类型的人 |
[10:01] | And she thinks they’re in love. | 她觉得他们是在恋爱 |
[10:03] | And what do you think? | 那你怎么想 |
[10:04] | She is in pain and-and she can’t see her way out. | 她很痛苦 而且不能自拔 |
[10:08] | I mean, someone needs to end this before anyone gets hurt. | 得有人站出来结束此事 她才不会因此受伤 |
[10:12] | – You could do a book. – You really think so? | -这个可以出书 -真的吗 |
[10:14] | Are you kidding? | 当然 |
[10:15] | The head honcho breaks the presidential seal of an intern. | 还没有任何总统去碰过实习生 |
[10:18] | That’s six figures easy. | 这书轻易就能赚到六位数 |
[10:21] | Say goodbye to bureaucratic bullshit, and you’ll get to be a hero. | 离开肮脏的官僚体制吧 你会成为英雄的 |
[10:24] | It’s your chance to expose Clinton for what he really is. | 你的机会来了 去揭开克林顿的真面目吧 |
[10:29] | – Of course, you need proof. -I have it. | -当然 你要有证据 -我有 |
[10:32] | And I take notes… dates, times. | 我有记录 |
[10:34] | I made an Excel spreadsheet documenting every sexual encounter. | 他们幽会的时间和次数我都记在表格上 |
[10:38] | Linda, you are not enough. | 琳达 那是不够的 |
[10:41] | You need real evidence. | 你要有真正的证据 |
[10:44] | – You said you talked to her on the phone all the time. -Yeah. | -你说你们之间经常会通话 -对 |
[10:48] | You could tape the calls. | 那你可以录音 |
[10:51] | Pe-People do that? | 这可以吗 |
[10:56] | – I-Isn’t it illegal? -Nope. | -这不犯法吗 -不犯法 |
[10:58] | Completely kosher. | 完全合法 |
[11:03] | It’s just… | 就是… |
[11:06] | if she were to find out… | 要是她知道了… |
[11:08] | Dear, we have been here before. | 我以前就对你说过: |
[11:10] | If you’re doing this, you’re going to have to commit. | 要做就得勇往直前 |
[11:13] | I know you’re more accustomed to secretarial tasks, | 我知道你比较习惯于从事秘书工作 |
[11:16] | but this is your shot at the big leagues. | 但这是你人生中最精彩的一搏 |
[11:20] | You’re either taking it, or you’re not. | 要么放手去干 要么彻底罢手 |
[11:23] | So… | 那就… |
[11:26] | think about it, call me back. | 考虑一下再答复我 |
[11:43] | She’s standing right here… with a bag. | 她正站在这里 提着个包 |
[11:47] | You do realize you have to arrange… | 你必须要和别人一样 |
[11:49] | …visits with him in advance, like everyone else. | 提前预约和他见面的时间 |
[11:52] | I know. I’m sorry, but I… I looked at his schedule, | 我知道 对不起 但我看了他的日程安排 |
[11:55] | so I thought that maybe he… | 所以我想也许… |
[11:57] | He’s watching G.I. Jane with Chelsea, and he cannot be disturbed. | 他在陪女儿看《美国女兵》 不能打扰他 |
[12:03] | Why don’t you have a seat? Catch your breath. | 你还是坐下喘口气吧 |
[12:09] | Oh, I feel like an idiot. I told myself I wouldn’t come here. | 我就像个傻瓜 我是告诉过自己别来了 |
[12:14] | He brought this back from Martha’s Vineyard, | 他从葡萄园岛带来了这个 |
[12:17] | and he wanted me to give these to you. | 要我交给你 |
[12:23] | All this? I just… | 这么大一包 |
[12:25] | All I asked for was a T-shirt. | 我要的只是件体恤衫 |
[12:27] | That’s very sweet. | 真是太好了 |
[12:30] | God, everything he gets me is so ugly. | 天哪 他给我的东西总是那么丑 |
[12:34] | I’ll just say one word– Arkansas. | 一句话:典型的阿肯色人 |
[12:38] | Betty, why won’t he see me? | 贝蒂 他为何不见我 |
[12:40] | I just want to talk about transferring back here. | 我只是来谈工作的事 |
[12:41] | It’ll take five minutes. If he’s watching the movie, I… | 很快就完事 如果… |
[12:43] | I didn’t invent the rules. They apply to everyone. | 规矩不是我定的 我们都得遵守 |
[12:48] | Okay. Sorry. | 明白 对不起 |
[12:50] | I’m just… I’m in a weird place right now. | 只是 我目前的处境很奇怪 |
[12:56] | – Has he said anything about my job? – He’s working on it. | -他谈起过我工作的事吗 -这事他在办 |
[12:58] | Okay. Because Marsha hasn’t helped at all. | 因为玛莎不肯帮我 |
[13:00] | He’s doing the best he can. | 他在尽力办 |
[13:09] | Thank you for your time, Betty. | 谢谢你 贝蒂 |
[13:27] | Hello. | 喂 |
[13:29] | I can’t take it anymore. | 我再也受不了了 |
[13:32] | – What happened? – All I do is the same shit. | -怎么了 -我是在白费劲 |
[13:35] | Where are you? Do you want me to come get you? | 你在哪里 要我来接你吗 |
[13:37] | There’s something wrong with me, Linda. I went over there. | 这事不对头 琳达 我去过那里了 |
[13:41] | I was out of my mind. I… | 我已经疯了 |
[13:43] | I was watching myself do the thing that I… | 我答应过自己别再那么做了 |
[13:47] | …promised myself I wouldn’t do. | 可我依然在那么做 |
[13:49] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[13:50] | And I can’t even get it through my fucking skull | 我那该死的脑瓜居然一点也不清醒 |
[13:55] | that he doesn’t give a shit about me! | 他其实根本不拿我当回事 |
[14:00] | I al… I always do this. | 我老是这样 老是这样 |
[14:03] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[14:05] | He won’t even see me for two fucking minutes, | 他连两分钟都不愿意见我 |
[14:09] | and I spend every minute of every day thinking about him. | 而我却每日每夜分分秒秒地都在想他 |
[14:15] | It’s like… it’s like a bad song that I can’t | 它就像挥之不去的哀乐 |
[14:18] | get out of my head, and I… | 永远回荡在我的耳边 |
[14:26] | I don’t… I don’t want to be here. | 我不想这样 |
[14:30] | I don’t want to exist. | 我不想这样了 |
[14:40] | – Hello. -It’s sick. | -喂 -太坏了 |
[14:42] | The whole thing is sick. You should hear her talk about him. | 简直坏透了 真应该让你也听一听 |
[14:47] | It’s excruciating. | 太折磨人了 |
[14:49] | She’s in so much pain over this pig. | 这个畜牲让她太痛苦了 |
[14:52] | The poor thing. | 可怜的姑娘 |
[14:53] | He acts like he’s some great defender of women. | 他把自己标榜成一个妇女卫士 |
[14:56] | Mr. Feminist, Mr. Women’s Rights. | 维护妇女权益的“女权先生” |
[14:59] | He’s a hypocrite. | 这个伪君子 |
[15:00] | He’s lied to her and led her on, and now she is… | 他骗她 引诱她 现在她… |
[15:03] | – She must be losing her mind. – She is. | -她一定快要疯了 -是的 |
[15:06] | She’s losing her mind. | 她要疯了 |
[15:10] | I need to come forward. | 我得站出来了 |
[15:13] | – You want to do a book? – It’s the best thing for everyone. | -你要写书了 -这对大家都有好处 |
[15:16] | I couldn’t agree more. | 完全同意 |
[15:19] | Of course, you do realize, | 但你也知道 |
[15:20] | once they get their grubby little hands on this girl, | 他们会向这个姑娘泼脏水 |
[15:23] | the press will destroy her. | 媒体会毁了她 |
[15:25] | It’s a tabloid moment, then she’ll move on with her life. | 她会走出暂时的阴霾 重新开始生活的 |
[15:28] | I don’t know. You should see what the Clintons do to his women. | 克林顿夫妇对这些女人可不会手软 |
[15:31] | As soon as the name gets out, they make sure she’s chopped alive. | 只要名字一披露 他们就会活宰了她 |
[15:35] | I mean, Flowers, Jones… | 比如弗劳尔斯和琼斯 |
[15:37] | they make a few calls, arrange a few leaks, and suddenly | 她们打了几个电话 披露了一点事 |
[15:40] | a nice girl from Bible school is the Whore of Babylon. | 突然就从乖乖女变成了淫荡的娼妇 |
[15:43] | Well, sure. | 没错 |
[15:44] | They can do that to cocktail waitresses or trailer people, | 对待那些女招待或穷人 这招很管用 |
[15:47] | but Monica is different. | 但莫妮卡不一样 |
[15:50] | She’s from Beverly Hills, a very privileged upbringing. | 她成长于比弗利山庄的富裕家庭 |
[15:53] | I mean, she-she told me | 她告诉过我 |
[15:54] | when all this began, she knew what she was getting into. | 她从一开始就知道自己在干啥 |
[15:59] | She’s no victim. | 她成不了牺牲品 |
[16:01] | She’ll be fine. | 她不会有事 |
[16:03] | You’ll lose her as a friend. | 但你会失去这个朋友 |
[16:06] | I’ve made my peace with that. | 这点我可以接受 |
[16:19] | Lots of people like the CTR-116. | 很多人喜欢CTR-116型的 |
[16:23] | But personally, I like the CTR-107 Vox. | 但我个人很喜欢沃克斯CTR-107型 |
[16:28] | You get more bang for your buck, and it has voice activation. | 它的性价比很高 且有语音激活功能 |
[16:32] | I just need it to work. | 能录音就可以 |
[17:10] | – Hi. – Hi. | -喂 -喂 |
[17:13] | – How are you? -Ah. I’m fine. I just got off the treadmill. | -你好吗 -还好 刚从跑步机上下来 |
[17:16] | I wish crying burnt calories. | 要是哭能减肥就好了 |
[17:18] | I went to Needless Markups in Georgetown today. | 今天我去了乔治敦的尼曼店 |
[17:21] | I bought the big creep a tie. I miss him, Linda. | 给大混蛋买了条领带 我很想他 |
[17:25] | – Who do you miss? – Bill. Who else? | -你想谁 -当然是比尔 |
[17:27] | I mean, this is the man who called me back-to-back nights, | 这个男人曾经每晚都会来电话 |
[17:29] | who literally had me come see him… | 连结婚纪念日那天… |
[17:31] | …on his fucking wedding anniversary. | …也要我过去看他 |
[17:32] | And now what? Just weeks of nothing? Total silence? | 现在呢 差不多就是杳无音讯了 |
[17:35] | Like, I don’t know what I’m supposed to think. | 我都不知该怎么想了 |
[17:37] | Remind me. When was the last time you two were together? | 你们上次见面是什么时候 |
[17:39] | – Linda, you know this. -Well, I know, | -这你知道啊 -我是知道 |
[17:41] | but I don’t remember the exact date. | 但我忘了日期 |
[17:42] | It was when he gave me the Annie Lennox CD, which, I mean, | 那次他送了我一张安妮的唱片 |
[17:45] | just to say it– that’s completely a make-out album. | 那完全是一张亲热的专辑 |
[17:47] | Like, it’s not even subtle. | 一点也不含蓄 |
[17:49] | Was-was this when he was on crutches? | 那时他还在拄拐杖吗 |
[17:51] | What? No. That was back in March. Remember? | 不 拄拐杖是三月份 记得吗 |
[17:53] | ‘Cause I was surprised, he could barely even walk, | 那次我很吃惊 他连路都走不稳 |
[17:55] | but he grabbed me and kissed me the moment we were alone. | 却依然能搂着我亲吻 |
[17:57] | Then what happened? | 后来呢 |
[17:59] | Oh, we fooled around. | 我们就开始搞了 |
[18:45] | Welcome to my safe house. | 欢迎来我的安全屋 |
[18:47] | I didn’t realize you were a spy. | 没料到你还是个间谍 |
[18:49] | You kid. Back in ’72, I posed as press on McGovern’s plane. | 孩子 72年我曾在麦戈文的飞机上冒充记者 |
[18:54] | Remember Nixon? | 记得尼克松吗 |
[18:55] | You’re welcome. This is my son Jonah’s place. | 请随意 这是我儿子乔纳的家 |
[18:59] | – Drink? – I’m fine. | -要喝点吗 -不了 |
[19:00] | Hello, Harvey. | 你好 哈维 |
[19:03] | Hi, Linda. Someone gonna tell me why I’m here? | 你好 琳达 你们叫我来有什么事 |
[19:07] | As you know, Linda has access to some very sensitive details… | 你也知道 对于总统的婚外性行为 |
[19:11] | …about the president’s extramarital activities. | 琳达掌握了一些很敏感的详情 |
[19:13] | She’s decided to write a book about it. | 她想把它写成一本书 |
[19:16] | Congratulations. How do I fit into this? | 恭喜 那需要我做什么 |
[19:18] | There are people who wrongly… | 有人错误地认为 |
[19:19] | …assume Linda’s in bed with the far right. | 琳达是在支持极右势力 |
[19:21] | We need people to understand that this story is legitimate. | 我们要告诉大众 这个故事是合理合法的 |
[19:24] | If you break the story first, no one can deny it. | 如果由你来首先披露它 就没人会质疑了 |
[19:28] | So how do I know it’s true? | 我怎么知道它是真的 |
[19:37] | Concrete proof that the president of the United States… | 美国总统正在和一名实习生搞婚外情 |
[19:41] | …is having an affair with an intern. | 证据确凿 |
[19:45] | – You’ve been taping her? – Do you want to hear her voice? | -你录音了 -想听听她的声音吗 |
[19:47] | Why would I want to hear her voice? I don’t even know her name. | 我为何要听 我连她叫啥都不知道 |
[19:50] | Her name is Monica Lewinsky. | 她的名字是 莫妮卡·莱温斯基 |
[19:58] | I’m trying to see him tomorrow. | 明天我想去见他 |
[20:00] | Betty thinks he’ll be around after the state dinner. | 贝蒂说他国宴后… |
[20:01] | – No. Stop. – What’s wrong? | -停止 -怎么了 |
[20:03] | I can’t listen to this. | 这我不能听 |
[20:04] | Taping without consent violates my journalistic principles. | 听未经同意的录音 有违我的新闻原则 |
[20:07] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 你得了吧 |
[20:09] | Why don’t you tell me what’s on the tape, | 先把内容告诉我 |
[20:11] | and I can see if it’s worth listening to? | 我再来决定是否要听 |
[20:15] | Monica describes multiple sexual encounters with the president, | 莫妮卡讲述了她和总统之间的多次性行为 |
[20:19] | including a time after his knee surgery,when he was holding… | 其中有一次是他做完膝盖手术后 |
[20:23] | …himself up on his crutches while they… | 拄着拐杖和她… |
[20:24] | That’s it? She just talks about having sex? | 她讲的全是性交的事吗 |
[20:26] | They don’t actually have sex, just oral… | 他俩不性交 只玩口交 |
[20:29] | – She orgasms, he doesn’t like to… – Ew, no. | -直到她高潮 他自己… -不行 |
[20:33] | This is why you brought me here? | 你们叫我来就为这事 |
[20:36] | I-I don’t work for the National Enquirer. | 我可不是《国家问询报》的记者 |
[20:39] | I-I-I’m a serious reporter. I report on abuses of power. | 我是个揭露滥用职权的严肃记者 |
[20:43] | This is an abuse of power. | 这就是滥用职权 |
[20:45] | Linda, there’s no question that his behavior is disgusting. | 琳达 他的行为毫无疑问是丑陋的 |
[20:49] | It’s Bill Clinton. No shit. | 他是克林顿 这不奇怪 |
[20:51] | But you said it yourself. It’s not sexual harassment. | 但你自己也曾说过 那不是性骚扰 |
[20:53] | Whatever the particular terminology, he’s the chief executive, | 不管用什么术语 他毕竟是国家首脑 |
[20:57] | and she’s a kid barely out of school, | 她却是个刚毕业的孩子 |
[20:59] | who lost her position in the White House. | 为此她还丢了白宫的工作 |
[21:01] | Oh, a girl moved offices. Forgive me. | 原来还有工作调动的事 抱歉 |
[21:04] | It’s Iran-Contra all over again. | 又和“伊朗门事件”一样 |
[21:06] | There’s no quid pro quo. | 这里不存在所谓的交换 |
[21:08] | He’s not paying her off. | 他没有给她钱 |
[21:10] | He’s not getting her a job to keep her quiet. | 也没用安排工作来封她的口 |
[21:18] | – Did you check out the Macy’s sale? – Yes. | -你去梅西百货看了吗 -看了 |
[21:20] | It’s a total dud. | 全是没用的东西 |
[21:23] | Listen, I have something very important that I need to tell you. | 听着 有件很重要的事我要告诉你 |
[21:28] | I was talking with a close friend who works at the White House. | 我和一位在白宫工作的好友谈了谈 |
[21:32] | What friend? | 哪个好友 |
[21:33] | – Kate. – What’s her last name? | -凯特 -她姓啥 |
[21:36] | Friedrich. She’s a major player in National Security. | 弗里德里克 她是国安会的重要人物 |
[21:39] | – I don’t think I know her. -You don’t, but, | -我不认识她 -是的 但是… |
[21:43] | um… she knows you. | 她知道你 |
[21:44] | Kate’s very plugged in. | 凯特消息灵通 |
[21:46] | She knows about all the hirings and firings in the West Wing. | 西厢人员调整的事 她都很清楚 |
[21:49] | So I thought, why don’t I ask about Monica’s job… | 所以 关于你的工作调动 |
[21:51] | … prospects at the White House? | 我向她打听了一下 |
[21:53] | – I mean, you’ve been waiting so long. -What did she say? | -因为你等得太久了 -她怎么说 |
[21:57] | I don’t know how to tell you this. | 怎么对你说呢 |
[21:59] | Okay, Linda, you’re freaking me out. | 琳达 你吓坏我了 |
[22:00] | There’s a black mark on your name. | 你的名字上有黑色标记 |
[22:03] | – What does that mean? -They know who you are. | -那是啥意思 -他们知道你是谁 |
[22:05] | Kate said, | 凯特说: |
[22:06] | “Monica Lewinsky will never get a job at the White House.” | “莱温斯基永远别想再在白宫工作了” |
[22:10] | Okay, well, maybe you just misunderstood her, and may… | 也许是你误解了她的话 |
[22:12] | I just… I should just speak to, um, Betty, or… | 我会去问贝蒂的 |
[22:14] | She-she begged me not to say anything, | 她求我别告诉你 |
[22:16] | but she was very clear. You’re not coming back. | 但她说得很清楚 你回不去了 |
[22:20] | I just… I just talked to Betty, | 我刚问过贝蒂 |
[22:22] | and she said that he was working on bringing me back. I should… | 她说他正在替我办这件事 |
[22:25] | -I should have known. – You’re right. | -我不应该相信的 -是的 |
[22:27] | Look, he owes you a job. | 他必须给你安排工作 |
[22:29] | And if it’s not gonna be the White House, | 如果白宫去不成 |
[22:31] | he needs to find you one somewhere else. | 去其他地方也可以 |
[22:33] | How hard is it to tell the truth? | 他们为何不说实话 |
[22:35] | I’ve given them a million opportunities. | 我问了他们那么多次 |
[22:37] | Monica, you know what? | 莫妮卡 你听我说 |
[22:40] | You need to take advantage of this. | 你要利用这一点 |
[22:43] | Maybe Bill’s friend Vernon Jordan can help. | 比尔的朋友弗农·乔丹也许能帮上忙 |
[22:46] | He’s constantly doing favors for everyone in the inner circle. | 他一直在那个圈子里替人办事 |
[22:49] | A phone call from Bill could gt you a great gig in New York. | 让比尔叫他替你在纽约找个好工作 |
[22:52] | – I hate them, Linda. -Monica, | -我恨他们 -莫妮卡 |
[22:54] | – listen to me. -I fucking hate them. | -听我说 -我恨他们 |
[22:55] | You need to… | 你要… |
[22:58] | – I can’t tell you. – Okay. Very nice. | -我不告诉你 -好吧 |
[23:00] | It’s so good. | 很不错 |
[23:10] | Hello. | 喂 |
[23:11] | You said to my face that he would bring me back. | 你亲口告诉我 他会把我调回来 |
[23:14] | Monica? | 莫妮卡 |
[23:16] | – I don’t know what you’re talking about. – You’re a liar. | -我没懂你的意思 -你是个骗子 |
[23:18] | You’re both liars. | 你俩都是骗子 |
[23:19] | I can fix this. We can fix this. I promise. | 这事我来处理 我们会处理 我答应你 |
[23:22] | Stop it! Stop! | 别再骗我了 |
[23:48] | Who the hell do you think you are? | 你以为自己是谁 |
[23:50] | Betty didn’t come up out of the Jim Crow South to work in the… | 贝蒂可不是来自南方的打工黑人 |
[23:53] | …damn White Houseto be yelled at by some fucking 24-year-old. | 没理由接受一个年轻人的咆哮 |
[23:56] | She called me in tears. She was devastated. | 她在电话里都哭了 她很伤心 |
[23:59] | I thought you were a good girl. | 本以为你很懂事 |
[24:01] | Are you kidding? | 你在说什么 |
[24:03] | I’ve been good. I’ve driven myself crazy trying to be good. | 我一直很懂事 为了懂事我都快要疯了 |
[24:07] | You are the one that promised me… | 是你答应我 |
[24:08] | …that Bob Nash would take care of my job, and he didn’t. | 鲍勃·纳什会搞定我的工作 但他没有 |
[24:11] | And then Marsha, you said, would take care of it. | 然后你又说玛莎能搞定 |
[24:13] | And now all she’s done is lie and be a bitch to me. | 但她却只会骗我和损我 |
[24:15] | Damn it, Monica. You swore you wouldn’t cause trouble. | 该死 莫妮卡 你承诺过不会闹事的 |
[24:19] | You know, if I’d known this is who you were, | 早知道你是这样的人 |
[24:21] | I never would’ve gotten involved with you. | 我根本不会和你有瓜葛 |
[24:24] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[24:25] | You promised me I could come back to the White House. | 是你答应要把我调回白宫的 |
[24:27] | Oh, for God’s sake. All I think about is you and your job. | 天哪 我现在一心只想着你和你的工作 |
[24:30] | I’m obsessed with it. | 满脑子都是 |
[24:31] | My whole life has become about finding you a job. | 为你找工作已成了我的生活目标 |
[24:35] | Well, you won’t have to deal with me anymore, | 你不用再替我操心了 |
[24:37] | so don’t worry. I won’t call you, | 我不会打电话来了 |
[24:39] | and I won’t ever come to see you again because I’m leaving. | 也不会再来见你了 我要走了 |
[24:42] | I’m moving to New York. | 我要搬到纽约去了 |
[24:46] | That’s a big move. | 这倒是件大事 |
[24:50] | There’s no point in staying here. | 待在这里没啥意义了 |
[24:52] | Well… | 这个… |
[24:55] | I think it’s a great idea. | 倒是个好主意 |
[24:58] | Do you, um…? | 你… |
[25:01] | Could you maybe help me, you know, find something there? | …能否帮我在那里找个工作 |
[25:05] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[25:06] | I’ll do anything I can. | 我会尽力帮你 |
[25:11] | Maybe Vernon Jordan could help me find something… | 我想去非政府部门工作 |
[25:13] | …not in government. | 也许弗农能帮上忙 |
[25:15] | I’ll call him first thing tomorrow. | 我明天一早给他打电话 |
[25:20] | Are we friends? | 我们还是朋友吗 |
[25:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:27] | Okay. | 那就好 |
[25:31] | If I leave here, I’ll never see you again. | 我一走 就见不到你了 |
[25:33] | Oh, come on now. | 别这么说 |
[25:35] | That’s not true. | 不会的 |
[25:37] | Oh, please. | 别骗我了 |
[25:39] | – It isn’t. – Really? | -真的不会 -真的吗 |
[25:42] | I’m gonna spend a lot of time in New York after I’m done here. | 这里的事处理完后 我会经常去纽约的 |
[25:46] | I don’t think we’re ever going to hang out in New York. | 我们在纽约不会见面的 |
[25:49] | Of course we will. | 当然会见面 |
[25:52] | Life is long, Monica. | 来日方长 莫妮卡 |
[26:14] | Come in. | 进来 |
[26:19] | – Monica Lewinsky. – Hi. | -莫妮卡·莱温斯基 -你好 |
[26:21] | – Such a pleasure to meet you. – No, it’s my pleasure. | -见到你很高兴 -我也是 |
[26:23] | – It’s my pleasure. Come on in. – Thank you. | -幸会 请进 -谢谢 |
[26:31] | Oh. Oh, it’s, uh… it’s ostentatious, I know, | 这个墙面 我知道它有点过于炫耀 |
[26:35] | but this is D.C., and every man needs a wall. | 但这里是华府 人人需要这样的墙面 |
[26:38] | Yours is maybe the most impressive that I’ve seen. | 但你的墙面也许是最震撼的 |
[26:40] | Yeah. Did you say “Maybe”? | 是“也许”吗 |
[26:42] | No, please. | 请坐 |
[26:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:54] | Yeah, he was barely 30 when we met. | 我们认识时 他才30岁 |
[26:57] | And we recognized ourselves in each other. | 我们肝胆相照 |
[26:59] | We both grew up Southern and both grew up poor. | 我俩都在南方长大 都出生贫寒 |
[27:03] | Now, it’s a tired old cliché, but I promise you, | 下面的话不是陈词滥调 是千真万确的 |
[27:07] | the instant I first spoke to him, I said to myself, | 我第一次和他交谈后就对自己说 |
[27:09] | “That man is going to be president one day.” | “这个人以后会做总统的” |
[27:15] | So, | 还有 |
[27:17] | it’s not often the president calls me directly… | 为了职员的工作直接打电话给我 |
[27:20] | …about a staffer’s job search. | 这种事很少发生 |
[27:23] | Well, you know the president. He can be so generous and kind. | 你了解总统 他是个慷慨仁慈的人 |
[27:29] | What’d you make of the West Wing when you worked there? | 你实习时觉得西厢怎么样 |
[27:32] | I loved it. | 我喜欢那里 |
[27:33] | Abraham Lincoln used to walk around that place. | 林肯总统当年经常去西厢 |
[27:35] | I mean, it has a glow. You never take for granted working there. | 那里有伟人的光环 能在那里工作是一种福份 |
[27:40] | Hmm. So, why’d you leave? | 那你为何离开了 |
[27:42] | Evelyn Lieberman didn’t like me very much. | 伊夫琳不太喜欢我 |
[27:44] | Oh, Evelyn. She, uh… she doesn’t like me much either. | 伊夫琳啊 她也不喜欢我 |
[27:48] | Anyway, D.C. Is great, | 华府是个好地方 |
[27:49] | but government work is just I don’t think it’s for me. | 但我不太适合做政府工作 |
[27:52] | The bureaucracy at my level is crazy. | 规矩多得特烦人 |
[27:54] | I can barely smile without 13 people approving it. | 连笑一笑都要层层审批 |
[27:57] | And I, um… You know, I was a… A psych major in college, | 我大学时主修的专业是心理学 |
[28:01] | so human behavior has always been of great interest to me. | 对人类的行为方式一直很感兴趣 |
[28:04] | So I think communications or PR | 所以 我觉得交流或公关工作… |
[28:07] | would be where I should land. | …会比较适合我 |
[28:10] | And I’m not sure if he mentioned, | 他也许已告诉你 |
[28:11] | but I’m looking to move to New York. | 我要去纽约了 |
[28:13] | Yes. Now, | 是的 我知道 |
[28:15] | you know what’s up there with a big PR department? | 你知道哪个公司的公关部很有名吗 |
[28:19] | Revlon. | 露华浓 |
[28:21] | And I just so happen to be on their board of directors. | 我正好是他们的董事 |
[28:24] | I think a few strategically-placed calls could… | 我觉得你年纪轻轻 才貌双全 |
[28:27] | …shake loose an opening… | 帮你开个后门… |
[28:30] | …for a bright young woman like you. | …应该不难 |
[28:33] | It’s so nice to meet someone genuine in this town. | 真高兴能认识你这么好的人 |
[28:35] | I can see why you and the president are friends. | 不愧是总统的朋友 |
[28:40] | All right. | 到了 |
[28:43] | If you see him, will you give him a hug for me? | 如果你见到他 替我抱抱他 |
[28:46] | Yeah, I don’t usually hug other men. | 我可不习惯拥抱男人 |
[28:49] | You take care of yourself, Monica. | 保重 莫妮卡 |
[29:03] | So, how’d it go? | 事情怎么样了 |
[29:06] | You should see his office, Linda. | 他的办公室很张扬 |
[29:07] | He has a picture with every president ever. | 他和历届总统都有合照 |
[29:09] | He’s a very powerful man. Did he offer to help? | 他手眼通天 他愿意帮你吗 |
[29:12] | He said he’d call Revlon and put in… | 他说会联系露华浓 |
[29:13] | …a good word with the PR department. | 把我安排进公关部 |
[29:15] | Well, that’s something. | 那太好了 |
[29:17] | – Did you tell Bill? – No, not yet. | – 你和比尔说了吗 – 还没呢 |
[29:19] | Why not? He needs to follow up with Vernon immediately. | 为何不说 你要让他立刻询问弗农 |
[29:22] | – He owes you this job. – I know, Linda. I got it. | -这是他欠你的 -我知道 琳达 |
[29:25] | – I always thought I’d be good in PR. – Really? | -我一直觉得自己擅长公关 -是吗 |
[29:28] | Well, I have some very good friends… | 我有不少好朋友 |
[29:30] | …in PR at ABC, NBC, all the networks. | 均在各大广播公司做公关 |
[29:32] | Then you should work in PR, girl. | 你不如也转行吧 |
[29:34] | Well, there are never any positions in my level. | 那些庙里可容不了我这个佛 |
[29:42] | Any news on the job front? | 工作的事有消息吗 |
[29:44] | No, but I just got back from the mall, | 没有 我刚从商场回来 |
[29:46] | and I bought you a mixtape to kick-start your workout plan. | 给你买了盒磁带 你可以开始健身了 |
[29:49] | I think you’ll like it ’cause it’s songs from your generation. | 上面全是老歌 我想你会喜欢的 |
[29:52] | What songs? | 有些什么歌 |
[29:53] | – “Heard it Through the Grapevine.” – Okay. | – 《小道秘闻》 – 还有呢 |
[29:55] | – “Stop! In the Name of Love.” – Okay. | -《为了爱 别这样》 -还有呢 |
[30:02] | – Do you like any of those songs? – No, Monica, I don’t. | -你喜欢这些歌吗 -不喜欢 |
[30:14] | Hello. | 喂 |
[30:15] | Hey, what’s happening? | 你怎么样 |
[30:17] | You mean in the hour since I saw you? Nothing. | 和你分手后 一切正常 |
[30:20] | Just my hellacious commute. | 就是路况极度糟糕 |
[30:22] | Ugh. I’m sorry. | 太惨了 |
[30:28] | Did you hear from Revlon? | 露华浓联系你了吗 |
[30:30] | Of course not. It’s probably not gonna happen. | 没有 估计没戏了 |
[30:32] | Well, then, Monica, you have to call the big creep | 那你要给大混蛋打电话 |
[30:34] | – and hold his feet to the fire. – I know. I’ll try. | -给他施施压 -我会的 |
[30:36] | It’s just, he’s been hard to get on the phone these days. | 只是这几天很难打通他的电话 |
[30:47] | – Hi. -Hi. How was your day? | – 喂 – 今天过得怎么样 |
[30:49] | Well, I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[30:50] | – Hold on. I’m getting another call. – Call me back. | -我有电话进来 -稍后再联系 |
[30:53] | I’m so hungry, I could die. | 我快饿死了 |
[30:54] | Well, tomorrow is bananas and milk, right? | 明天只吃香蕉和牛奶吗 |
[30:57] | Ugh. Yes. | 是啊 |
[30:57] | Well, if you can get by banana/milk day, | 要是能熬过香蕉牛奶日 |
[30:59] | boy, have you got this thing licked. | 这事你就成功了 |
[31:01] | Then isn’t it two straight days of beets? | 然后是连吃两天甜菜根 |
[31:03] | Oh, I’m off beets. I won’t do beets. | 我讨厌甜菜根 我可不吃 |
[31:09] | Mom, we need two lines. No one can call me anymore. | 妈妈 我们家现在需要两条电话线 |
[31:13] | Monica. I was just about to call you. | 莫妮卡 我正要给你打电话呢 |
[31:16] | Fucking Monica again. | 又他妈是莫妮卡 |
[31:18] | Language, Allison. | 别说脏话 艾莉森 |
[31:20] | I don’t believe for one second he’s not having an affair. | 我绝不相信他现在没有外遇 |
[31:22] | Who do you think he’s seeing? | 你觉得会是谁 |
[31:24] | Uh, Debbie the stewardess. And of course there’s Streisand. | 空姐黛比 当然还有史翠珊 |
[31:27] | She gets prettier as she gets older. | 她越老越漂亮了 |
[31:29] | I don’t think so. | 我不觉得 |
[31:31] | I just keep calling, and she says that he’s working, | 她每次都说他很忙 |
[31:33] | but I know that’s not true. | 我知道这是谎话 |
[31:35] | It’s a good thing you’re a glutton for punishment. | 好在你是个意志坚强的人 |
[31:47] | I’m exhausted. I’m gonna go to bed. | 我累了 我得睡了 |
[31:49] | You said that 15 minutes ago. | 这话十五分钟前你就说过 |
[31:51] | I know, but now I’m really gonna go to bed. | 但我现在真的想睡了 |
[31:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:56] | Go to bed. | 睡吧 |
[31:58] | I have to be up so early. | 我明天一早就得起来 |
[32:03] | Oh, my God, I have to go to sleep. | 我也困死了 |
[32:06] | Me, too. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[32:10] | Linda? | 琳达 |
[32:12] | Yeah. | 在 |
[32:15] | This all has to end. | 一切都该结束了 |
[32:18] | It really does. | 是的 |
[32:23] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[32:25] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[32:27] | Out of nowhere, I get a call from Bill Richardson. | 比尔·理查森突然联系了我 |
[32:29] | – He’s our ambassador for the United Nations. – Uh, I know. | -他是驻联合国大使 -我知道 |
[32:32] | Are you serious? | 是真的吗 |
[32:33] | He heard I was looking for a job in New York, | 听说我想去纽约找工作 |
[32:35] | and he wants to sit down with me. | 他想和我聊聊 |
[32:37] | About working on his U.N. Staff? | 做联合国工作人员 |
[32:41] | Well, that’s fabulous. | 那太棒了 |
[32:42] | I want to work at Revlon. What happened to that? | 可我想去露华浓 为何没回音 |
[32:44] | Maybe Revlon’s a no-go. This is even better. | 可能露华浓没戏了 联合国更好 |
[32:47] | No, | 不好 |
[32:47] | it’s not. It’ll be like working at the Pentagon,but in New York. | 除了在纽约 那里和国防部没啥区别 |
[32:50] | You can talk to Bill Richardson about what you’d want to do there. | 你可以告诉理查森你想做什么工作 |
[32:54] | That’s like saying if I walk into a nut store, | 这就好比要我去坚果店 |
[32:56] | I can say what nuts I want. | 坚果可以随便挑 |
[32:57] | Well, I don’t want any nuts, and I don’t fucking like nuts. | 问题是我不喜欢吃坚果 |
[32:59] | So big fucking deal that I can have the nuts. | 去他妈的坚果大礼包 |
[33:01] | Monica, | 莫妮卡 |
[33:03] | this is very positive. | 这是好事 |
[33:06] | Clearly the president made some calls. | 总统显然打了不少电话 |
[33:08] | Not to me. I didn’t get a call. | 但没有一个是给我的 |
[33:12] | What’s wrong? | 你怎么回事 |
[33:15] | Linda, you have no idea how hurt I am | 琳达 你根本不会知道 |
[33:18] | that I am not going back to the White House. | 回不了白宫 我有多伤心 |
[33:21] | Monica, I have listened to you for months. | 莫妮卡 我已听你倾诉了几个月 |
[33:25] | You’re not happy. | 你现在并不开心 |
[33:27] | Take the job. | 接受这份工作 |
[33:29] | At least as a start. It’ll get you to New York. | 至少它能让你在纽约开始新的生活 |
[33:32] | Linda, he won’t even see me when I’m in the same city | 琳达 我俩同处一城他都懒得见我 |
[33:35] | as him, and he says that it’ll be better when he’s out of office | 还说什么这样更好 |
[33:37] | and that we’re going to get together in New York, | 等他空闲时会来纽约见我 |
[33:40] | but he is full of shit. | 他完全是在胡扯 |
[33:41] | And on the tiny chance that he is not full of shit, | 就算他不是在胡扯 |
[33:43] | well, then, great. I have to wait two years to see him. | 我也得等上两年才能再见到他 |
[33:48] | Linda, I don’t want to go. | 琳达 我不想去 |
[33:52] | Oh, great. That’s my pizza. I’m a wreck. I got to go. | 我的披萨来了 我好难过 不说了 |
[34:27] | What is this? | 搞什么啊 |
[34:53] | Hello. | 喂 |
[34:55] | Guess what. He called. | 他给我来电话了 |
[34:58] | Great. | 那好啊 |
[35:00] | Yeah, and he was so nice, | 而且态度特别好 |
[35:01] | and he said I don’t have to take the U.N. Job | 他说我不是非得去联合国不可 |
[35:04] | and that Bill Richardson is just a good person for me to know | 他说理查森是个好人 |
[35:06] | and that he’s going to call Vernon | 他还说会给弗农打电话 |
[35:08] | and see what’s going on on his end. | 了解那边的进展 |
[35:09] | So I feel so much better. | 所以我心情好多了 |
[35:11] | No, I know. I just need to make peace with New York. | 我也知道 我必须要去纽约 |
[35:14] | I just get so freaked out at the idea of saying goodbye to him. | 我只是特别害怕要和他分别 |
[35:17] | Do you think I should go to the Christmas party? | 你说 圣诞派对我要去吗 |
[35:19] | Maybe I should ask Betty. | 我去问问贝蒂 |
[35:21] | Oh, God, I owe Betty an apology, don’t I? | 我是否应向贝蒂道个歉 |
[35:23] | Why would you owe Betty anything? | 你为什么要向她道歉 |
[35:25] | Because I was a nightmare. | 因为我很过分 |
[35:26] | I mean, I can’t believe I screamed at her. | 我居然冲着她咆哮 |
[35:28] | You know what? Do what you want. | 那就随便你了 |
[35:31] | Okay. Why do you sound…? | 为何你的腔调… |
[35:32] | Because, Monica, I’ve had it. | 因为我受够了 莫妮卡 |
[35:35] | One minute, you’re crying about getting a call from our U.N.Amb, | 你一会儿为理查森的来电又哭又闹 |
[35:38] | saying how much these terrible people have hurt you. | 声讨这些坏人是如何地伤害你 |
[35:40] | And the next minute, you’re ecstatic and saying… | 一会儿却又欣喜若狂 |
[35:42] | …you owe Betty an apology. | 说要去道歉 |
[35:43] | – Why are you being so intense? -Do me a favor. | -你怎么会那么生气? -拜托你 |
[35:46] | Take your delirium and your incessant phone calls and this… | 别再给我打这些没完没了的癫狂电话了 |
[35:49] | …whole sick situation and foist it on someone else. | 去向别人倾诉你那变态的处境吧 |
[35:53] | Your mom, your friends, not me. | 去向你妈妈 向你朋友诉苦吧 |
[35:55] | Linda, what is going…? | 琳达 你到底怎么…? |
[36:10] | Linda, I know you’re listening to this. | 琳达 我知道你在听 |
[36:12] | I’m still not sure why you’re so mad at me. Can you pick up? | 我不懂你为什么这么生气 接电话吧 |
[36:16] | You’ve met me, right? You know I’m just going to keep calling. | 我会一直打下去的 这你知道 |
[36:20] | Linda, it’s Luciann. | 琳达 我是露茜安 |
[36:22] | What’s going on? Don’t keep me waiting. | 那事怎么样了? 别让我老等着 |
[36:33] | No. | 糟了 |
[37:02] | Ken Bacon’s office. | 培根办公室 |
[37:04] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[37:05] | Linda, I’m so glad you called. | 琳达 你来电话我真高兴 |
[37:07] | Why are you whispering? | 你为何这么小声? |
[37:09] | Oh, because I got in trouble earlier for making a personal call. | 我刚才因为打了个私人电话被批评了 |
[37:12] | Is no amount of hard work enough for these people? | 工作再努力也感化不了他们的 |
[37:15] | I know. | 就是啊 |
[37:16] | Linda, I’ve been worried about you. I haven’t seen you. | 琳达 我没看到你 正在担心你呢 |
[37:20] | I took a sick day. | 我请了一天病假 |
[37:21] | Are you sick? | 你生病了? |
[37:23] | No. | 没有 |
[37:29] | – I have to apologize. – You really don’t need to. | -我得道个歉 -不用的 |
[37:31] | No. No, I overreacted. | 不 是我反应过度了 |
[37:34] | I’ve been a terrible friend. | 我是个糟糕的朋友 |
[37:36] | If you want to apologize to Betty, you should. | 你想对贝蒂道歉 那就道歉吧 |
[37:38] | I already did. You-you don’t have to. It’s okay. | 我道过谦了 你就不用了 |
[37:40] | My behavior has been unacceptable, Monica. | 我的行为是不可接受的 莫妮卡 |
[37:45] | I am such an awful person. | 我这人很讨厌 |
[37:47] | Linda, it’s fine. | 琳达 没事了 |
[37:52] | I have something to confess. | 有件事我得坦白 |
[37:58] | I lost three pounds. | 我瘦了三磅 |
[38:00] | What? Oh, my God. | 什么? 我的天 |
[38:02] | I am so proud of you. | 我太为你骄傲了 |
[38:04] | You want to come over and raid my fat closet? | 那来我家扫荡衣柜吧 |
[38:07] | – All right. Well, I got to go. -Okay. | -好 我先挂了 -好的 |
[38:09] | – Okay, bye-bye. -Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[38:16] | You would look so nice in this DKNY. | 你穿这件”唐可娜儿”一定很好看 |
[38:20] | And this Banana blazer is a must. | 但必须配上这件”香蕉”外套 |
[38:22] | I love them, but I-I really can’t. | 我很喜欢 但我真的不能接受 |
[38:24] | Oh, please. They’re yours. Stop it. | 快别说了 都归你了 |
[38:27] | Oh, Linda, maybe on a date? | 对了 琳达 这件约会时可以穿 |
[38:30] | Oh, Monica, please. | 莫妮卡 别开玩笑了 |
[38:33] | Okay, fine. Your birthday. | 那就生日那天穿 |
[38:34] | I’ve told you a million times I don’t do birthdays. | 我说过好多遍了 我不过生日 |
[38:37] | Birthdays are for children. | 小孩才过生日 |
[38:39] | I don’t get it. | 我不懂 |
[38:40] | Did you have a bad experience in childhood or something? | 你是有什么童年阴影吗? |
[38:42] | I’m German. You have to bake the cake yourself. | 我是德国人 蛋糕都得自己做 |
[38:44] | God, you-you’re a mess. | 天啊 这里也太乱了 -行了 我不知道 |
[38:47] | Okay, I didn’t know you were gonna come over. | 我不知道你要来 |
[38:48] | I mean, really, Monica. Hangers were invented for a reason. | 莫妮卡 衣架就是用来挂衣服的 |
[38:51] | – Oh, my God, do not touch that. – Will you relax? | -天哪 别碰那件 -别紧张 |
[38:54] | – I’ve handled dirty clothing before. – No. Um, | -我收拾过脏衣服 -不是 |
[38:56] | this blue dress is, um– it’s really, really dirty. | 这条蓝裙子真的很脏很脏 |
[39:02] | Uh, you’ve lost me. | 我没听懂 |
[39:03] | I wore it the last time I saw Bill. | 上次我穿着它去见比尔的 |
[39:13] | – Is that…? – So gross, right? | -就是那件…? -恶心吧? |
[39:15] | How did that even get on there? | 怎么会粘到那里去? |
[39:18] | – I thought you said he never completed.- Okay. | -记得你说过 他从没放过 -放过 |
[39:21] | Our first time together after the election, he was… | 在选举过后我们第一次见面时 |
[39:24] | so excited to see me that he, you know… | 那天他特别兴奋 就射了 |
[39:27] | …he finished. But I didn’t even notice. I mean, no one did. | 我当时竟然一点都没注意到 |
[39:30] | I went out to dinner that night with friends. | 晚上还和朋友一起吃了饭 |
[39:32] | When I got back home, I changed. And I… | 回家后换衣服时才发现 |
[39:35] | uh, assumed it was guacamole. | 还以为那是鳄梨酱 |
[39:37] | And then I realized… | 后来我才意识到… |
[39:39] | Are you saving it? | 你要留着它吗? |
[39:41] | What? No. Ew. Don’t be disgusting. | 别恶心了 当然不是 |
[39:42] | I just haven’t gotten any of those… | 我没拿去洗… |
[39:44] | …clothes dry-cleaned ’cause I haven’t needed to wear them. | …是因为我还不想穿它们 |
[39:46] | What? Do you get your clothes dry-cleaned, like, every day? | 难道你每天都要送去干洗吗? |
[39:48] | I just… I use Dryel. | 我是自己干洗的 |
[39:50] | It’s so late. Want to just stay over? | 很晚了 在这里过夜吧? |
[39:54] | – Sure. – Okay, good. | -好啊 -太好了 |
[39:57] | Let’s get some snacks. | 先去吃点东西吧 |
[40:03] | -Have you ever smoked pot? -No. | -你抽过大麻吗 -没有 |
[40:06] | Um, worst date you’ve ever been on. | 说一下你最糟的约会吧 |
[40:08] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[40:11] | – I don’t know. – You have to. | -我不知道 -必须说 |
[40:13] | I’ve been on one date. It lasted 25 years, | 我只约过一个 和他过了25年 |
[40:15] | and the short fuck stopped paying alimony. | 他却连赡养费也不付了 |
[40:19] | What’s yours? | 你的最糟约会呢 |
[40:21] | Was it that awful guy from the Georgetown party? | 是乔治敦派对上的那个渣男吗 |
[40:24] | Oh, no. He was okay. | 不 他倒不是渣男 |
[40:26] | I mean, he was way too into swing dancing, | 他就是太喜欢跳摇摆舞了 |
[40:28] | but he took me to a nice bistro, so… | 但他会带我去小餐馆吃饭 |
[40:32] | – Was it the teacher? – Andy wasn’t a teacher. | -他是老师吗 -安迪不是老师 |
[40:34] | He was the drama tech guy. | 他是搞戏剧的 |
[40:36] | – He was employed by your high school. – Yeah. | -但却是学校的雇员 -对 |
[40:38] | So a teacher. | 那就是老师 |
[40:39] | But youngish. Like, 24. I don’t know. | 但他很年轻 好像只有24岁 |
[40:43] | He didn’t seem like a teacher. | 他一点都不像老师 |
[40:45] | Linda, you have to understand, high school for me was… | 琳达 你要知道 高中对我来说… |
[40:48] | I mean, whenever I liked a guy, he never liked me back. | 那个时候 我喜欢的人都不会喜欢我 |
[40:52] | Always, always, he liked one of my friends instead. | 最后都会喜欢上我的女友 |
[40:56] | My mom kept saying, you know, | 我妈一直说 |
[40:58] | “You’re a late bloomer. Don’t worry.” | “别着急 你是朵迟开的花” |
[41:00] | But it sucked to not be seeing anyone, so I… | 但没有男友的感觉让我很落寞 |
[41:03] | I got really into the drama club, | 所以 我就迷恋上了戏剧社 |
[41:06] | which, by the way, Beverly is no joke. | 在比弗利山庄 |
[41:08] | Like, it is an elite theater program. | 戏剧社的实力很强 |
[41:10] | Oh, I’m sure. | 这我知道 |
[41:11] | And I started helping out with the costumes, | 我一开始在戏服部帮忙 |
[41:13] | and that’s how I met Andy. | 就是在那时遇到了安迪 |
[41:17] | I didn’t really pay attention to him… | 我起先没看上他 |
[41:18] | …at first ’cause I knew he’d had sex with one of my friends. | 因为他和我朋友上过床 |
[41:20] | -A student? – Yeah, | -跟学生上床 -对 |
[41:22] | but then, um… during tech week for West Side Story, | 后来 在《西区故事》排练周里 |
[41:27] | he really started to focus on me. | 他开始注意我了 |
[41:30] | And… | 他的… |
[41:31] | he had these incredible blue eyes, and he was so smart. | 他的蓝眼睛特迷人 人也很聪明 |
[41:35] | He, he played me… | 他在车里给我听… |
[41:37] | the original cast recording of Les Mis in his car. | …《悲惨世界》角色分配的原始录音 |
[41:41] | He explained the whole show to me, and he had read the novel. | 他向我完整地解读这个剧 他看过原著 |
[41:45] | And he talked to me about how it was different, and then, | 告诉我这个剧的独特之处 后来… |
[41:49] | one afternoon, | 有天下午 |
[41:51] | he… he even brought me his paperback | 他拿来了那本原著平装书 |
[41:54] | and said that it… | 对我说… |
[41:56] | you know, it had been his, but it was mine now. | 他要把自己的这本书送给我 |
[42:00] | Linda, no one had ever taken an interest in me like that. | 琳达 从来没有人会对我那么好 |
[42:05] | I fell completely, obsessively in love with him. | 我就全身心地 无可救药地爱上了他 |
[42:09] | And then it… it all just got so chaotic. | 后来 突然间一切都乱了 |
[42:12] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[42:13] | I found out he was engaged. | 我发现他已经订婚了 |
[42:17] | Suddenly it was an affair. | 爱的性质突然改变 |
[42:19] | Oh, God. | 上帝啊 |
[42:20] | I couldn’t stop it. | 可我停不下来 |
[42:23] | I lost my virginity to him. | 我把初夜给了他 |
[42:26] | I guess, technically, I… | 严格地说 14岁时… |
[42:29] | …lost it to a camp counselor when I was 14, | …我就把初夜交给了一位营地辅导员 |
[42:32] | but I guess it doesn’t count because I said… | 但那次因为我说不行 |
[42:34] | …”No” and he pulled out. | 他就抽了出来 |
[42:35] | Monica, what? | 莫妮卡 什么 |
[42:37] | I really thought he loved me. | 我觉得安迪是爱我的 |
[42:41] | Then it all just got really messy. | 后来一切就乱套了 |
[42:43] | I mean, he had a baby with his wife, | 他跟他老婆生了个孩子 |
[42:45] | and he told me to make friends with her | 还要我和他老婆交朋友 |
[42:47] | because that would make it easier for him to have me around. | 这样一来 和我幽会的机会就多了 |
[42:50] | – That’s sick. – But I did it. | – 真恶心 – 但我照做了 |
[42:53] | I did anything that he wanted. | 我什么都听他的 |
[42:56] | When it was time to start looking at colleges, | 到了要选大学的时候 |
[42:58] | he told me to check out Portland. | 他说波特兰的学校好 |
[43:00] | So I chose a school in Portland. | 我就选了一所那里的学校 |
[43:03] | And then, a year later, when he had to leave L.A. | 一年后 因为他睡了一个不该睡的学生 |
[43:06] | because he had fucked one too many students, | 他不得不离开洛杉矶 |
[43:08] | – guess where he moved his family. – No. | -你猜他举家搬往哪里 -不会吧 |
[43:11] | I’d been really happy there. I loved my college, | 我在波特兰一直很开心 很喜欢我的学校 |
[43:14] | and I was even dating a little, | 还会去交交男朋友 |
[43:17] | and then there was Andy, | 这时 安迪冒了出来 |
[43:19] | just back at the center of my universe. | 他又占据了我的世界 |
[43:21] | I mean, it was like without him I was nothing. | 我仿佛一刻也离不开他 |
[43:25] | What can I say? | 怎么说呢 |
[43:26] | It was my most significant relationship.Till Bill. | 在遇到比尔之前 这是我最重要的一段恋情 |
[43:32] | I guess maybe they put something in my head, | 他们好像都能让我觉得… |
[43:34] | like this is all I deserve. | …我只配做第三者 |
[43:36] | Ugh. | 唉 |
[43:41] | I used to do aerobics till I dropped. | 我以前做过有氧运动 |
[43:44] | Then I found ThighMaster. | 后来我发现了“腿媚施” |
[43:45] | Every single time you squeeze ThighMaster, | 每次使用“腿媚施”的时候 |
[43:48] | you strengthen and tone right where you need it, | 都会起到强健肌肉的效果 |
[43:51] | so it’s easy to squeeze, | 用起来很方便 |
[43:52] | squeeze your way to shapely hips and thighs. | 美臀美腿不再是梦 |
[43:55] | I thought I’d never fit into these jeans again. | 还以为自己再也不能穿牛仔裤了 |
[43:57] | Thank you, ThighMaster. I recommend it and use it. | 谢谢“腿媚施” 这东西我推荐 |
[44:17] | I can’t keep doing this. | 我做不下去了 |
[44:19] | It’s too much for me. I’m done. | 我承受不了 我不干了 |
[44:22] | Are you sure you have enough evidence? | 你真的看到确凿证据了 |
[44:25] | She has a blue dress from the Gap. She wore it to a radio address. | 她穿着“盖璞”蓝裙子去参加广播演讲会 |
[44:30] | Lucy, it’s got his semen on it. | 裙子上有他的精液 |
[44:32] | She’s saving it like a souvenir | 她把它当成纪念品保留着 |
[44:34] | I can die now. I finally heard everything. I’m finished. | 那我可以瞑目了 该知道的都知道了 |
[44:37] | Something needs to happen. | 必须要采取措施了 |
[44:39] | – Well, do the book. – I can’t wait for the book. | -那你写书啊 -我等不及了 |
[44:41] | This has to end. | 这事必须得结束 |
[44:44] | It needs to come out. | 要让公众知道 |
[44:45] | If Isikoff still won’t bite, I’ll call Richard at Page Six. | 伊西科夫要是不干 我找《第六页》的理查德 |
[44:48] | – He’d die to put this in print. – No. No. | -他肯定求之不得 立马发表 -不行 |
[44:50] | She can’t see me going to a tabloid. | 我去找小报 她会受不了的 |
[44:53] | – Dear, we’ve talked about this. – Well, things have changed. | -这个问题我们以前谈过 -现在情况变了 |
[44:56] | She has to think I was compelled. She has to know I had no choice. | 一定要让她觉得这是我的无奈之举 |
[45:00] | Okay, I get it. I get it. | 我懂 我懂 |
[45:08] | Paula Jones. | 葆拉·琼斯 |
[45:11] | Could she help me? | 她能不能帮我 |
[45:13] | Help you with what? | 帮你什么 |
[45:14] | Dating within your own bloodline? | 帮你找个近亲对象吗 |
[45:17] | Her lawyers are calling character witnesses on Clinton. | 她的律师正在找克林顿的品格证人 |
[45:22] | If they make me testify, this whole thing becomes public. | 如果他们找我去作证 这事就昭然若揭了 |
[45:25] | I love it. I’ll make a few phone calls. | 好主意 让我来联系 |
[45:27] | Monica can never find out. | 这事不能让莫妮卡知道 |
[45:30] | Okay, dear. | 明白 |
[45:39] | Lucianne Goldberg, as I live and breathe. | 露茜安·哥德堡 没想到是你 |
[45:41] | To what do I owe this honor? | 你有何指教 |
[45:44] | Are you sitting down? | 你听了别激动… |
[45:50] | You’re not going to believe what I just heard. | 有个非常震撼的消息 |
[45:52] | There’s an intern in the Casa Blanca | 白宫里有个实习生 |
[45:54] | who indulges a certain lothario with oral sex in the pantry. | 经常在西厢密室里给那个色狼实施口交 |
[45:58] | There’s a real witness who will testify to it. | 并且 有人愿意为此出庭作证 |
[46:00] | – You’re kidding. – I kid you not. | – 你在开玩笑 – 千真万确 |
[46:03] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么 |
[46:04] | – Linda Tripp’s the name of the witness. – No, no. | -证人叫琳达·特里普 -不 |
[46:06] | What’s the intern’s name? | 实习生叫什么 |
[46:08] | Lewisky. | 莱温斯基 |
[46:10] | Monica Lewisky. | 莫妮卡·莱温斯基 |
[46:12] | – You have the number to the Jones lawyers? – Yeah. | -能联系上琼斯的律师吗 -能 |
[46:48] | Mr. Bacon? | 培根先生 |
[46:49] | Ms. Lewisky. | 莱温斯基小姐 |
[46:51] | I’m here to inform you that, | 我是来告诉你 |
[46:53] | as of January 1st, I will… | 6月1日起 |
[46:54] | …no longer be available to work for the Department of Defense. | 我就不再为国防部工作了 |
[46:58] | So the day has come. | 你终于要走了 |
[47:00] | I’m moving to New York City. | 我要搬去纽约了 |
[47:01] | Well, we’ll be sad to lose you, Monica. | 你走了我们会难过的 莫妮卡 |
[47:04] | What are you going to be doing in the Big Apple? | 你在纽约打算做什么 |
[47:08] | Um, I’m going to move on with my life. | 我要重新开始生活 |
[47:18] | 想念你 我知道你不喜欢过生日 爱你的莫妮卡 | |
[48:15] | – Are you Ms. Linda Tripp? – Uh-huh. | -琳达·特里普女士吗 -对 |
[48:18] | This subpoena requires you to testify as a witness… | 在琼斯诉克林顿一案里 |
[48:20] | …in Jones v. Clinton. | 你将出庭出证 |
[48:31] | Mr. President, the Jones team faxed over the witness list. | 总统先生 琼斯的律师把证人名单传过来了 |
[48:35] | You have a moment to go over it? | 你要看一下吗 |
[48:37] | Sure. | 好 |
[48:38] | Most of the names are what we anticipated, Willey, Flowers. | 大部分名字我们都已料到: 威利 弗劳尔斯 |
[48:42] | The only one that didn’t sound familiar was Monica Lewisky. | 只有一个人我们不太熟: 莫妮卡·莱温斯基 |
[48:48] | I looked into it. She was a White House intern. | 我查了一下 她曾是白宫实习生 |
[48:51] | Does that name sound familiar? | 这名字你熟吗 |
[48:55] | Because even if there’s a small chance that she or… | 要是她们有可能带来麻烦 |
[48:57] | …any of these women might pose a problem, | 哪怕只有一丝的可能性… |
[49:01] | you can tell me. | …你都可以跟我讲 |
[49:03] | We can still settle this. | 现在还可以解决 |
[49:06] | We can make it all go away. | 还能让一切消失 |
[49:10] | Bob, | 鲍勃 |
[49:13] | do you think I’m fucking crazy? | 你是不是觉得我是个疯子 |
[49:18] | Mr. President. | 打搅了 先生 |
[50:49] | 导演 洛尔·德·克莱蒙-托内尔 | |
[50:50] | 编剧{ 弗洛拉·伯恩鲍姆 | |
[50:51] | 电视剧本{ 莎拉·伯吉斯 | |
[50:52] | 出演 莎拉·保尔森 | |
[50:53] | 比妮·费尔德斯坦 | |
[50:54] | 安娜莉·阿什福德 | |
[50:55] | 玛戈·马丁代尔 | |
[50:56] | 伊迪·法尔科 | |
[50:57] | 克莱夫·欧文 |