时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | 1995年11月15日 政府停摆进入第二天 | |
[00:23] | Monica, they want interns in the conference room. | 莫妮卡 实习生全到会议室去 |
[00:25] | I just wrote the letters to Chief of Staff. I have to get them to him. | 我刚写的信要交给幕僚长 |
[00:28] | They said ASAP. Drop everything. | 先去会议室 马上 |
[00:33] | All right, all right. | 都听好了 |
[00:36] | As you no doubt heard, the government is shut down. | 你们肯定都听说了 政府停摆了 |
[00:39] | All non-essential employees have been sent home, | 非重要岗位的员工已全下岗 |
[00:41] | which means lucky you | 所以你们很幸运 |
[00:43] | get to work in the West Wing as of this morning. | 从今天上午起要在白宫西厢工作 |
[00:47] | And listen, | 注意 |
[00:48] | you’re gonna be working right beside the people who run the world. | 你们马上要和世界管理者一起工作了 |
[00:52] | Please, be professional. | 请好好干 |
[01:03] | All right, hold up here a moment. | 请等一下 |
[01:06] | It appears you’re scheduled for 8:00. Does that work for you? | 好像给你安排在八点钟 可以吗 |
[01:09] | No, ’cause, uh, Leon’s gonna come… | 那不行 |
[01:10] | …see me again in the morning before he goes back up the Hill. | 因为利昂在回国会之前还要再见我一次 |
[01:15] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[01:16] | Yes, sir, of course. | 是 当然 |
[01:28] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[01:29] | All right, come with me. | 好 跟我来 |
[01:37] | You’ll be on Leon Panetta’s desk. He’s the chief of staff. | 你去幕僚长利昂·帕内塔的办公室 |
[01:40] | Oh, I know. I actually interned for his office. | 我就是在他这里实习的 |
[01:42] | All you have to do is sit here and answer the phone. | 你的工作就是接电话 |
[01:45] | You’ll do fine. | 好好干 |
[01:46] | All right… | 现在… |
[01:58] | Uh, Leon Panetta’s desk. How may I help you? | 这里是帕内塔办公室 你好 |
[02:03] | You, | 你 |
[02:04] | I-intern girl. Uh, drop this at Stephanopoulos. | 实习生姑娘 把它交给斯特凡诺普洛斯 |
[02:34] | Didn’t mean to catch you off guard. | 我不是想吓你一跳 |
[02:35] | Mr. President, uh, sorry, I was just… | 总统先生 抱歉 我只是… |
[02:37] | You don’t have to apologize for doing your job. | 不用道歉 这是你的工作 |
[02:41] | – I’m Bill. – I know. | -我是比尔 -我知道 |
[02:44] | Uh, I’m Monica. | 我叫莫妮卡 |
[02:46] | I like your sweater, Monica. | 这件毛衣我喜欢 莫妮卡 |
[02:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:53] | I guess I should head back. | 我该回去了 |
[02:55] | Well, y-you can come in here for a second if you want. | 你要是愿意 就进来待一会儿 |
[02:57] | I’m just kind of hiding out. | 我现在和避难差不多 |
[03:02] | So what do you make of these guys? | 那些让政府停摆的人 |
[03:04] | Shutting down the government like this. | 你是如何看待的 |
[03:07] | So crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[03:08] | You know, they think because I took a licking in the midterms, | 他们以为我在中期选举中受了挫 |
[03:11] | they can get me to cut health care for old folks. | 就能逼我砍掉老年人的医保 |
[03:14] | Well, they’ve got me wrong. So here we are. | 但他们判断错了 因此才有了今天 |
[03:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:18] | Of course, between us, | 但对我俩来说倒是件好事 |
[03:21] | it’s kind of nice having fewer people around here bugging me. | 因为没什么人来监视我了 |
[03:23] | All the interns can’t believe we get to work in the West Wing. | 实习生们都不敢相信能在西厢工作 |
[03:26] | Oh, my first time here, | 我在这里的第一次工作 |
[03:28] | I’ll never forget it. | 我永远难忘 |
[03:30] | High school kid on a Boys Nation trip. | 高中时踏上“少年国家”之旅 |
[03:33] | I got to shake John Kennedy’s hand. | 我就和约翰·肯尼迪握了手 |
[03:37] | It’s a long way from Arkansas. | 阿肯色州离这里很远 |
[03:39] | How about you? Where’d you come from? | 你呢 你是哪里人 |
[03:41] | Oh, L.A. | 洛城 |
[03:43] | Los Angeles, California. | 加州洛杉矶 |
[03:45] | Ah, you’re far from home, too. | 那你的家也很远 |
[03:48] | -Where you living? -Out here? Uh… | -你住在哪里 -现在吗 |
[03:50] | -I-in the Watergate. -Whoa, high on the hog. | -住在水门 -高档住宅区啊 |
[03:53] | No. My-my mom, she’s actually moving to New York soon, | 不是的 我妈马上要搬到纽约去了 |
[03:57] | so we’re just staying, um… | 所以 |
[03:59] | …living in a condo. | 我们住的只是公寓而已 |
[04:02] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:03] | I’m so nervous. I have a huge crush on you. | 我太紧张了 我很迷恋你 |
[04:11] | Well, that’s really flattering. | 我真的很荣幸 |
[04:14] | Because you’re beautiful. | 因为你很美 |
[04:17] | You light up the room. | 那么光彩夺目 |
[04:24] | This… | 但这个… |
[04:27] | …could be a problem. | 可能会是个问题 |
[04:44] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[04:51] | Mom, wake up. | 妈妈 醒醒 |
[04:56] | The president kissed me. | 总统吻了我 |
[04:57] | What? | 什么 |
[05:00] | Sure he did. | 他当然会吻你 |
[05:02] | You’re funny. | 你那么可爱 |
[05:05] | It’s really late, so go to bed, all right? | 很晚了 去睡觉吧 |
[05:07] | -Okay. -Love you, beautiful. | -好的 -爱你 美女 |
[05:24] | 一年后 离选举日还剩六天 | |
[05:57] | She’s done it again. | 她又那样了 |
[05:59] | Refrigerated Snapple directly on the desk, | 把冷藏过的饮料放在桌子上 |
[06:01] | the part that is, in theory, | 放在公用区域里 |
[06:03] | shared zone where I lay out my JCOC pamphlet proofs, | 害得我都没法把“联民会”手册放那里了 |
[06:06] | but I can’t now because it’s moist. | 因为全是潮气 |
[06:08] | In fact, it’s beyond moist. | 说实话 还不光是潮气呢 |
[06:12] | Hello? | 喂 |
[06:14] | Am I boring you? | 我是不是很烦 |
[06:17] | No. | 不 |
[06:19] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[06:20] | Let me guess, the mysterious boyfriend. | 我猜是在想神秘男友吧 |
[06:23] | Still no call? | 还没电话来 |
[06:29] | When did you hear from him last? | 上次通话什么时候 |
[06:30] | 22 and a half days. Not that I’m pathologically counting. | 22天半以前 不是因为我有数日子的怪癖 |
[06:33] | -Monica. -It’s just… | -莫妮卡 -而是… |
[06:35] | we’ve never gone this long without talking, and… | …那么久不联系 是我们从未有过的 |
[06:40] | I need to get it together. My best friend Cat is in town tonight. | 我还得振作 我闺蜜卡特今晚要来华府 |
[06:43] | Oh, fun. | 去开心一下 |
[06:44] | I don’t know. I’m not very good at fun anymore. | 我已经不太开心得起来了 |
[06:47] | Look, whoever he is, | 听着 不管他是谁 |
[06:49] | if he’s in administration, I’m sure his life is bananas right now. | 只要是在内阁里 目前肯定过得一塌糊涂 |
[06:52] | The tail end of a reelection campaign? Forget it. | 在竞选连任的扫尾期间 你别想抽身 |
[06:55] | Linda, your phone! | 琳达 你的电话 |
[06:58] | Go out with your friend tonight, | 今晚和闺蜜出去玩 |
[06:59] | and this weekend, I am finally taking you antiquing. | 周末我可以带你去逛古董市场了 |
[07:02] | I won’t take no for an answer. | 我一定要你去的 |
[07:04] | Linda! Can you answer your phone? | 琳达 你到底接不接电话啊 |
[07:09] | I’m gonna kill her. | 我去宰了她 |
[07:10] | Like, right now. You’re gonna watch a murder. | 你等着看谋杀案吧 |
[07:23] | Hey. | 你好 |
[07:25] | Hi. | 你好 |
[07:26] | Uh-oh. | 哇哦 |
[07:31] | I thought it was over. Are you two still talking? | 我以为你俩早就完了 还在联系吗 |
[07:33] | Kind of. A couple times a month. | 算是吧 每月联系几次 |
[07:36] | I mostly just sit here. | 我基本上都坐在家里 |
[07:38] | Just when I think he’ll never reach out to me again, he calls. | 每次以为他不会再联系我时 电话就来了 |
[07:43] | Wait, is that why we’re eating in tonight? | 这就是我们今晚在家吃饭的原因吧 |
[07:46] | If he calls when I’m gone, I have no way to call him back. | 要是他来电话我不在 我是没法回电的 |
[07:48] | -Monica. -You have no idea what it’s like. | -莫妮卡 -你是不了解情况 |
[07:51] | I get his schedule every morning. | 我每天都知道他的日程 |
[07:53] | Today the first lady’s in Ohio. | 今天 第一夫人在俄亥俄州 |
[07:55] | He flew to Denver for an African American initiative | 他则先去了丹佛 处理黑人提案 |
[07:58] | and then to Phoenix for his rally tomorrow. | 然后到凤凰城 准备明天的集会 |
[08:00] | So I know he’s sitting in his hotel alone right now not calling me. | 所以他现在是一个人在酒店里 却没和我联系 |
[08:03] | Okay, I’m officially freaked out. | 真让我大为震惊 |
[08:05] | I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[08:06] | You know I don’t judge… but you have this pattern. | 你知道我不爱批评人 但你真的有病 |
[08:09] | Uh, I was a psych major; I’m aware of my own pathologies. | 我是学心理学的 知道自己的毛病 |
[08:12] | You get involved with an unavailable guy. | 你和他是不可能的 |
[08:14] | He takes way more from you than he gives you. | 他付出的少 你付出的多 |
[08:15] | And then you end up in a really bad place. | 到头来你只会苦了你自己 |
[08:18] | But… | 但… |
[08:19] | I’m in love with him. | 我爱上他了 |
[08:28] | Monica, please tell me you didn’t tell him that. | 这话你没对他说过吧 |
[08:32] | Oh, my God. What did he say? | 天哪 他怎么回答 |
[08:35] | He said… | 他说… |
[08:36] | “That means a lot to me.” | “这让我感激不尽” |
[08:42] | Don’t hate me. | 你听了别生气 |
[08:44] | But if I’m seeing someone and he only calls me twice a month, | 如果我的对象一个月只联系我两次 |
[08:48] | I would take that as a sign. | 那就是个信号 |
[08:49] | He’s the leader of the free world– he’s busy. | 他是自由世界的领袖 他很忙 |
[08:52] | Yeah, he’s the most unavailable man in the entire planet. | 对 也是地球上最难追到手的男人 |
[08:55] | Somehow you’ve outdone yourself. | 但你已经很了不起了 |
[08:57] | Are you sure you don’t want any of this? | 这个你不想吃吗 |
[08:58] | I’m dieting. I need to look good. | 我在减肥 我得注意身材 |
[09:00] | He’s bringing me back to the White House after reelection. | 选举后他要把我调回白宫 |
[09:03] | – He is. – How can you be sure of that? | -是的 -你怎么那么肯定 |
[09:05] | Because when I got kicked out of the White House, | 因为 在我被踢出白宫时 |
[09:07] | he said, “I can’t believe they’re taking you away from me. | 他说 “真不敢相信他们要调走你 |
[09:10] | The moment I win reelection, I’m bringing you back.” | 等我赢了连任就把你调回来” |
[09:12] | That is a direct quote. He promised. | 这是他的原话 他承诺过 |
[09:14] | I know. And I’m not trying to make you upset. | 我知道 我不是想惹你生气 |
[09:16] | Then please stop attacking me constantly. | 那就别老是指责我 |
[09:18] | I’m not! I’m sorry, I’m just worried. | 不是指责 我只是担心 |
[09:19] | You know, I get enough shit about this from everyone else. | 这些话我早就听腻了 |
[09:21] | Wait, are you telling other people? | 这事你告诉别人了吗 |
[09:24] | No, not really. | 其实也没有 |
[09:26] | Monica? | 莫妮卡 |
[09:28] | Just Ashley, my friend from my internship. | 就和阿什莉说过 我实习时的朋友 |
[09:33] | And there’s this woman at my office… | 还有我办公室里的一个女人 |
[09:35] | who knows that I am seeing someone from the administration, | 但她只知道是某位政府要人 |
[09:37] | -but she has no idea that it’s him. -Are you sure? | -不知道是他 -你确定 |
[09:39] | -Yes. I know. -If this gets out… | -我知道 -这要是传出去 |
[09:41] | …this could be really bad for you. | 会对你很不利 |
[09:43] | Oh, my God, I promise you, she has no idea. | 天哪 我向你保证 她并不知道 |
[09:48] | I’m just mad at him because I can’t talk to him. | 我生气是因为没法联系他 |
[09:51] | And intellectually I get it. He’s campaigning… | 虽然我理解 他在忙于竞选… |
[09:53] | …with the president. | …帮助总统 |
[09:56] | They do have phones in all 50 states. | 他们在50个州里都有电话的 |
[09:59] | Well, like you said, | 你说的没错 |
[10:00] | the schedule at the end, it’s crazy. | 扫尾工作的确忙得要死 |
[10:03] | Linda, I’m just fixating on Tuesday. | 琳达 我只能等周二那天了 |
[10:06] | He at least promised he’d call me… | 他答应过 |
[10:07] | …right after the election if they win. | 赢了选举就会联系我 |
[10:09] | Monica… | 莫妮卡… |
[10:13] | Is that exquisite? | 这个精致吗 |
[10:18] | I am just wild about Christmas decor. | 我只对圣诞饰品着迷 |
[10:24] | Oh, and it’s Bavarian. | 这是巴伐利亚的 |
[10:33] | -Hmm? -I’m still depriving myself. | -吃吗 -我还在减肥 |
[10:35] | Oh, boy. | 天哪 |
[10:37] | He must be worth it. | 但愿他不会辜负你 |
[10:40] | It’s been so long since I’ve thought to deprive myself for a guy. | 对我来说 想为男人减肥是很遥远的事了 |
[10:44] | Really? Come on, there must be someone. | 是吗 说说看是谁 |
[10:47] | I’m closed for business. | 我不想说 |
[10:48] | -Come on. No, you’re not. -Well, it’s been seven years. | -说来听听嘛 -已经七年了 |
[10:51] | I wouldn’t even remember how. | 我都记不清了 |
[10:55] | What ever happened with you and Bruce? You never talk about it. | 你从来不谈你和布鲁斯的事 |
[10:57] | Yes, I also don’t talk about Bosnia. | 对 我也不谈波斯尼亚的事 |
[10:59] | -That bad? -It’s just not all that interesting. | -很糟吗 -只是没什么意思罢了 |
[11:04] | The best thing about my marriage is it gave me Ryan and Allison. | 这段婚姻的好处就是我有了一对儿女 |
[11:08] | You know, it’s funny. | 有趣的是 |
[11:10] | The highlight of my day is when I warm a potato in the microwave, | 我每天最精彩的时刻是用微波炉热土豆 |
[11:15] | then eat it alone in front of the NBC Nightly News. | 然后一个人一边看晚间新闻一边吃 |
[11:20] | But when I look at them, | 但当我看着儿女 |
[11:22] | even when they’re being adolescent or unspeakably annoying, | 即便他们正处于叛逆期或异常淘气时 |
[11:25] | I think, “I’m a lucky woman.” | 我依然觉得自己是个幸运的女人 |
[11:31] | They’re gonna be okay in the world. | 他们都会过得很好 |
[11:34] | I’m very maternal, Monica. | 我这人母性很强 莫妮卡 |
[11:36] | That’s why I worry about you sometimes. | 所以我有时会很担心你 |
[11:39] | You sound exactly like my mom. You two should really meet. | 你的口气和我妈很像 你俩真的该见见面 |
[11:42] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[11:44] | Me and the woman from Beverly Hills? | 让我和比弗利山庄的女人见面 |
[11:46] | Well, I’d have to go shopping first. | 那我得先去买衣服 |
[11:48] | And at least let me start Weight Watchers. Please. | 还得先让我实施“慧俪轻体” |
[11:51] | Okay, fine. But you know she already likes you. | 别担心 你知道我妈很喜欢你的 |
[11:54] | She knows you’re the one reason the Pentagon has been even… | 她知道我在国防部之所以没崩溃 |
[11:57] | …slightly bearable. | 是因为有你 |
[12:00] | I have to say, I think you have real inner strength | 我不得不说 你的内心的确很强大 |
[12:02] | to have gotten through all this. | 才能忍受住这一切 |
[12:05] | You can make it till Tuesday. | 周二你会如愿以偿的 |
[12:09] | I know you can. | 一定会的 |
[12:22] | What we see is, the states where the polls are closed… | 现在看到的都是投票已结束的州 |
[12:25] | the states in white there… are all Southern states | 白色的州…都是南方州 |
[12:28] | where the polls have closed, but still, it’s too close to call. | 那里投票虽已结束 但胜负还难以确定 |
[12:33] | We’ll keep you posted on that as time moves along. | 之后我们会实时通报 |
[12:35] | Let’s go quickly now to Russ Mitchell… | 现在我们来连线拉斯 |
[12:37] | …at Newt Gingrich headquarters down in Georgia. | 他在佐治亚州的金里奇总部 |
[12:39] | Everything okay? | 你有心事吗 |
[12:41] | Hi, Dan. I can tell you that there are about… | 丹 你好 这里的情况是… |
[12:42] | Yeah. | 没有 |
[12:44] | Everything’s good. | 我没心事 |
[12:45] | …it has nowhere near the bang or the punch… | …和两年前这里的闹剧相比 |
[12:47] | …that we saw in this same room two years ago. | 今年真的不算什么 |
[13:08] | Just one state now closing its polls at this hour. | 此刻结束投票的只有一个州 |
[13:11] | It’s the home state of the incumbent president… | 那就是现任总统的老家 |
[13:14] | …of the United States, the state of Arkansas. | 阿肯色州 |
[13:15] | No surprise, Bill Clinton, our projected winner there… | 毫无意外 我们预测的赢家克林顿… |
[13:19] | …down here and he gave me a big speech… | …他来到这里 向我慷慨陈词 |
[13:22] | …about what Arkansas Democrats really want… | …他说阿肯色民主党真正想要的 |
[13:25] | …is for Ken Starr to finish his business and get out of here. | 是要斯塔尔赶紧干完活走人 |
[13:28] | CNN declares a winner in the Tar Heel State. | 有线新闻网宣布了北卡罗来纳州的赢家 |
[13:32] | Bob Dole has won North Carolin. | 多尔赢得了北卡罗来纳州的竞选 |
[13:35] | North Carolina voted for George Bush by the narrowest of… | 布什也曾在那里以微弱的优势… |
[13:38] | NBC’s Maria Shriver is in Little Rock tonight. | “国广”的玛利亚正在小石城 |
[13:40] | This place it’s beginning to swell. | 这里的人越来越多 |
[13:42] | The VIPs are parading in even though many people here, | 大人物们正在络绎不绝地入场 |
[13:45] | from this state, had their reputations tarnishe. | 但很多本州人士的名声却并不太好 |
[13:48] | So it hasn’t been a totally joyous four years. | 所以 这算不上是完全欢欣的四年 |
[13:51] | Tonight Bill Clinton proves his title, the Comeback Kid. | 今晚 克林顿证明了他是个“不倒神童” |
[13:55] | He is our projected winner as president of the United States, | 我们对美国总统的竞选预测没有错 |
[13:59] | reelected for a second term… | 他赢得了连任… |
[14:01] | A night of triumph. | 今晚是胜利之夜 |
[14:03] | Tonight we celebrate the miracle of America. | 今晚 让我们庆祝美国的奇迹 |
[14:06] | And tomorrow we greet the dawn | 明天 让我们迎接黎明 |
[14:08] | and begin our work anew. | 开启新的工作之旅 |
[14:11] | I am more grateful than I can say. | 我的感激之情难以言表 |
[14:15] | You have given me an opportuniy and a responsibility | 你们给予我的机会和责任 |
[14:19] | that comes to few people. | 很少有人能获赠 |
[14:21] | I will do my best. | 我会鞠躬尽瘁的 |
[14:23] | And together we will… | 你们要一起… |
[14:25] | we will build that bridge | 共同搭建… |
[14:29] | to the 21st century. | …通往21世纪的桥梁 |
[14:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[14:32] | And God bless America. | 上帝保佑美国 |
[14:35] | Pretty emotional moment for all of them. | 对他们来说这一刻令人动容 |
[14:38] | And especially for Mrs. Clinton who has been through… | 尤其是克林顿夫人 |
[14:40] | …a trial by fire here in the last couple of years. | 过去几年来一直承受着巨大的压力和考验 |
[14:45] | Very combative woman, | 她斗志旺盛 |
[14:47] | which can become a liability… | 但也会由此带来麻烦… |
[15:06] | 1996年11月6日 选举过后的上午 | |
[15:57] | Hey, Monica. | 莫妮卡 你好 |
[15:58] | So great to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[16:00] | You, too, Mr. President. | 我也是 总统先生 |
[16:03] | Congratulations. You must be so happy. | 祝贺你 你一定很高兴 |
[16:05] | It was a great night. | 那是个胜利之夜 |
[16:44] | Let’s go to Gloucester County. | 现在来聊聊格洛斯特县 |
[16:46] | Did you see the interview last night? | 你看昨晚的采访了吗 |
[16:48] | I did, and | 看了 |
[16:50] | you know, it’s been two weeks since the Republicans lost… | 共和党选举失败以来已过了两周… |
[17:15] | – Hello? – Hey, | – 喂 – 你好啊 |
[17:17] | I just want to make sure you’re coming. | 你会不会来啊 |
[17:20] | – Monica? – I’m here. | – 莫妮卡 – 我在听 |
[17:25] | – You didn’t think it was him? – No. | -你以为是他的电话吗 -不是 |
[17:29] | Maybe. | 就算是吧 |
[17:31] | It’s been two weeks since the election. | 选举过后都两周了 |
[17:34] | Stop waiting for him to call. | 别再等他的电话了 |
[17:37] | Stop doing this to yourself. | 别再折磨自己了 |
[17:39] | There you are. Where have you been? | 你来了啊 你去了哪里 |
[17:41] | I left you a message. You didn’t call me back. | 我给你留言了 你也不回电 |
[17:44] | Why not, I guess. | 不回电的理由 |
[17:46] | You’re on the way out. God, you must be so excited. | 我猜是你快要走了 你肯定特别兴奋 |
[17:50] | Have you gotten your start date back at the White House? | 回白宫的日期确定了吗 |
[17:53] | Well, is your boyfriend in D.C. Finally? | 你男朋友回到华府了吗 |
[17:55] | I’ve been dying to hear about all your plans. | 我一直特想听听你的下一步计划 |
[18:04] | – What? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 |
[18:06] | What’s wrong? | 到底怎么了 |
[18:10] | Is he not able to bring you back? | 他不能把你调回去吗 |
[18:13] | It’s not happening. | 是的 |
[18:17] | Oh, Monica. | 可怜的莫妮卡 |
[18:19] | To wait this long and he doesn’t have the power to bring you back. | 等了这么久 他却没权调你回去 |
[18:22] | – He does have the power. – Well, then, what’s the problem? | – 他有权 – 那问题出在哪儿 |
[18:24] | Linda, he’s the fucking president. | 琳达 他就是总统 |
[18:28] | We had an affair. It’s over. | 这段婚外情结束了 |
[18:43] | – Tell me everything. – There’s nothing to tell. | -跟我详细说说 -没啥可说的 |
[18:45] | Oh. You can’t say that. | 那可不行 |
[18:47] | Monica, I have been going nuts. | 莫妮卡 这事都快把我憋疯了 |
[18:50] | I knew it. Oh, my God. | 我就知道 天啊 |
[18:53] | What on earth have you been going through? I can’t imagine. | 你为此受了多少苦 我不敢想象 |
[19:00] | How long has this been going on? | 这事持续了多久 |
[19:09] | When did it start? | 什么时候开始的 |
[19:16] | First, it was just… public events. | 最先… 起始于一些公众活动 |
[19:19] | Oh, hey, nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[19:21] | Thank you for everything. | 谢谢你们的帮助 |
[19:23] | Yeah. Thanks for everything. Thank you. | 谢谢帮助 谢谢 |
[19:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:30] | And when that man focuses his attention on you, | 当这个男人盯着你看时 |
[19:33] | the world stops. | 世界会突然凝固 |
[19:37] | And it kept happening. Departure ceremonies, staff events. | 这类机会很多 比如欢送会和员工活动 |
[19:40] | I mean, I was an intern. Those were the only times I’d see him. | 我是实习生 只能在那种场合见到他 |
[19:43] | – You had a pink pass. – Exactly. | -你有粉色通行证 -对 |
[19:45] | So… for months, it was just this… | 一连几个月 我们之间也只有这些… |
[19:49] | …worthless flirtation. | …无谓的眉目传情 |
[19:50] | And it was intense, but… | 虽然当时很动情 但… |
[19:53] | I didn’t think anything more would happen and… | 我也没想过会发生别的事 |
[19:56] | And then, one day, the shutdown. | 然后 发生了政府停摆 |
[20:00] | Suddenly, I was working in the West Wing. | 我突然被调到西厢工作 |
[20:03] | He says he put that nutty… | 他说他把那个疯子… |
[20:05] | And there he was just a few doors away. | 他离我只有几扇门的距离 |
[20:07] | …mostly because his feelings were hurt | 因为我在工厂里没跟他打招呼 |
[20:10] | that I didn’t come and say hi in the plant? | 他就很不高兴吗? |
[20:11] | Yeah, he and Bob had to take the back route. | 对 他和鲍勃不得不走后门 |
[20:13] | Didn’t leave that part out. | 这倒是记得挺清楚 |
[20:15] | I mean, that was the exit that was closest to the cars. | 那里确实是离车最近的出口 |
[20:18] | …in the morning. There weren’t any cameras. | 一大早也没有媒体 |
[20:20] | That’s where the cars were, you know? | 车队就在那儿 知道吗? |
[20:22] | We thought we were doing them a favor. | 我们是替他们着想 |
[20:25] | Mm-hmm. | 好的 |
[20:30] | Yes, sir. I will inform Mr. Panetta. | 好 我会通知帕内塔先生的 |
[20:38] | Oh, my God. Monica. | 我的天哪 莫妮卡 |
[20:41] | I know. You don’t understand how long it had been… | 你不理解 我们之间的眉目传情… |
[20:45] | … building between us and how fucking hot it was. | …已持续了很久 而且异常强烈 |
[20:48] | I mean, I swear…Linda. | 我发誓… 琳达 |
[20:50] | It was beyond anything I’d ever felt before. | 这种感觉是我以前从未有过的 |
[20:55] | And I couldn’t help myself, Linda. | 我是情不自禁 琳达 |
[20:59] | Hi, I’m supposed to bring this to the president. | 你好 我要把这个送给总统 |
[21:12] | Mr. President, the girl’s here with the pizza. | 总统先生 那姑娘送比萨饼来了 |
[21:15] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[21:17] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[21:21] | I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[21:22] | Well, that makes two of us. | 我也有同感 |
[21:25] | It’s incredible. | 简直不可思议 |
[21:27] | It is. | 是啊 |
[21:28] | Though you never know who’s coming through any of these doors. | 只是这里来来往往的人会特别多 |
[21:34] | Do you want to get a Diet Coke? | 你想来一瓶可乐吗 |
[21:40] | It was magnetic. | 我就像是着了魔 |
[21:41] | It was unstoppable. | 根本停不下来 |
[21:43] | And I… I couldn’t breathe around him. | 在他身边我都无法呼吸了 |
[21:46] | It was… | 这种… |
[21:49] | It was beyond anything I’d… ever experienced. | 这种感觉是我以前从未经历过的 |
[22:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:09] | You haven’t had any dinner yet? | 你还没吃晚饭吗 |
[22:10] | My days are a little… nutty sometimes. | 我的生活有时是不太正常的 |
[22:15] | What? Like you have a stressful job or…? | 是吗 是因为工作压力大 还是… |
[22:20] | I mean, if I can be honest, you work from home. | 恕我直言 你属于居家办公 |
[22:22] | I don’t know what you really have to complain about. | 我不知道你还有什么可抱怨的 |
[22:25] | Well, | 这个吗… |
[22:27] | it can get a little lonesome some days. | 有时候会觉得有点孤独 |
[22:30] | “Lonesome”? | 孤独 |
[22:32] | Try being a single girl in D.C. | 华府的单身姑娘才孤独呢 |
[22:34] | Every guy is either a compulsive name-dropper or secretly gay. | 身边的男人不是爱吹嘘 就是同性恋 |
[22:38] | Well, if it’s that bleak, uh, | 如果真的有那么惨 |
[22:40] | I’m in the office here on the weekends | 我周末会在这个办公室里 |
[22:42] | when there’s less staff. | 那时候人要少一些 |
[22:44] | If you want, you can come see me. | 要是你愿意 可以来找我 |
[22:48] | What do I do? Just knock on the front door of the White House? | 我怎么来 直接敲白宫的大门吗 |
[22:52] | Just talk to Betty. You met out there. | 和门口的贝蒂说一下就可以 |
[22:56] | Or you could call me? | 要么给我打电话 |
[22:59] | Well, what if your mom answers? | 接电话的是你妈妈怎么办 |
[23:01] | I have my own line. | 我有一条专线 |
[23:08] | You… | 你… |
[23:09] | What? | 我怎么 |
[23:13] | You made my day better. | 你让我今天很开心 |
[23:16] | I bet you don’t even remember my name. | 你肯定不会记得我姓什么 |
[23:20] | What kind of name is Lewinsky anyway? | 莱温斯基属于什么姓 |
[23:23] | Jewish. | 犹太人的姓 |
[23:31] | It was… incredible. | 简直… 太美妙了 |
[23:35] | Except for the whole “Him being married” Thing. | 只是他有家室 |
[23:37] | I tried not to think about that. | 但我不愿多想这个 |
[23:41] | We would come up with reasons for me to pop into his office. | 我们会想出各种借口在他的办公室里见面 |
[23:44] | Eagle is on his way. | “老鹰”来了 |
[23:47] | Or secretly plan to run into each other. | 或者悄悄制造偶遇 |
[23:52] | – Hey, Monica. – Hello, Mr. President. | – 你好 莫妮卡 – 你好 总统先生 |
[23:54] | – You going to Leg Affairs? – Yes, sir. | -你要去立法事务部吗 -对 |
[23:57] | Come with me. | 跟我来吧 |
[23:59] | I’ll show you a shortcut. | 我带你走条近路 |
[24:00] | But it… it wasn’t only about… | 但我们之间不是只有… |
[24:04] | You know, we’d sit and talk. | 我们还会坐着聊天 |
[24:06] | He’d give me gifts. I’d give him gifts. | 他会送我礼物 我也会给他礼物 |
[24:09] | Like, I bought him this Zegna tie. | 我曾送他一条杰尼亚领带 |
[24:11] | Sometimes he would wear it to an event and ask me if I noticed. | 他有时会系着它出席活动 并问我看到没有 |
[24:14] | It was… | 那是我人生中… |
[24:17] | It was the best five months of my life. | …最美好的五个月 |
[24:22] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[24:23] | Then April 5th, | 然后 就到了四月五日 |
[24:25] | my boss called me into his office, | 我的上司把我叫到办公室 |
[24:27] | and told me I was being moved to the Pentagon. | 说我要被调往国防部 |
[24:29] | Someone knew. | 有人知道了 |
[24:31] | I guess I’d been spotted around the Oval one too many times. | 也许是有人看到我经常去他那里 |
[24:33] | – You know that place, people talk.- It’s terrible. | -你知道那地方 闲话多 -很讨厌 |
[24:36] | Yeah, and this is the part that makes me upset because… | 是啊 这件事让我很难过 因为… |
[24:39] | Monica. Monica, you don’t have to tell me. | 莫妮卡 这事不想说就算了 |
[24:41] | No, it’s fine, I… | 没关系 |
[24:43] | When I moved over here, he called me a lot, at first. | 我刚调过来时 他经常给我打电话 |
[24:48] | He invited my family | 我家人来华府时 |
[24:49] | to meet him at a radio address when they were in town, | 他还邀请他们出席广播演讲会 |
[24:51] | and when I went to Bosnia with Mr. Bacon, he called the day… | 我跟培根先生从波斯尼亚回来的那天 |
[24:54] | …I got home to ask how it had gone. | 他还打电话问候我 |
[24:56] | I still felt connected to him. | 那时还有两心相依的感觉 |
[24:59] | And then the calls got less and less frequent. | 之后 他的电话就越来越少了 |
[25:03] | And now I realized… | 现在我意识到… |
[25:06] | Occam’s razor, Monica. He’d lost interest. | 其实事情很简单 他对我没兴趣了 |
[25:09] | And when he ever did call me, it was probably… | 就算给我来电话 |
[25:10] | …just because he wanted to keep me quiet through the election. | 也可能是因为怕我在选举期间闹出事来 |
[25:16] | My friends think I basically need to be institutionalized | 朋友们都觉得我应该去福利院了 |
[25:19] | because I barely go anywhere. | 因为我几乎不出门 |
[25:20] | And I have all these dumb gifts just sitting in my apartment, | 我就坐在家里面对着那些冰冷的礼物 |
[25:24] | waiting for the day he brings me back to the White House… | 等待着他能履行诺言 |
[25:26] | …like he promised and… | 把我调回白宫 |
[25:29] | now I realize that’s never gonna happen. It’s over. | 现在我意识到 这根本不可能 一切都已结束 |
[25:35] | And so I’m flying to Portland. | 所以我要去波特兰了 |
[25:38] | To see my friend Cat and try and relax. And… | 去见我的闺蜜卡特 放松一下自己 |
[25:42] | just try to stop thinking about him for one single fucking minute. | 尽力地让自己能够忘了他 |
[25:50] | Linda, I feel so stupid. | 琳达 我觉得自己傻透了 |
[25:57] | I feel so stupid. | 我傻透了 |
[26:01] | I’m sorry to unload all this. | 很抱歉向你吐苦水了 |
[26:03] | I can’t imagine what you’re thinking. | 不知道你会怎么想 |
[26:08] | Well… | 这个… |
[26:11] | to be honest… | 说实话… |
[26:13] | listening to all this, this sounds like it is absolutely… | 听完你说的话 我感觉这事… |
[26:19] | – … not over. – What? | – … 绝对还没结束 -什么? |
[26:21] | – Trust me, it’s done. – It’s not done, Monica. | -相信我 结束了 -没结束 莫妮卡 |
[26:26] | What you’re describing sounds real. | 你的描述很真实 |
[26:29] | You think you’re stuck in exile | 你觉得自己被困此地 |
[26:30] | because he doesn’t have feelings for you? | 是因为他不喜欢你了? |
[26:32] | You have it backwards. | 你想错了 |
[26:35] | My ex-friend Kathleen, they were always flirting. | 我以前的朋友凯瑟琳也常和他调情 |
[26:38] | She had a crush. One day, he kissed her. She wasn’t sent away. | 她动了心 他也吻了她 但她没被调走 |
[26:42] | You? | 而你? |
[26:43] | You’re sitting here in the Pentagon right now because… | 你现在之所以坐在五角大楼 |
[26:47] | …you were a threat, Monica. | 是因为你是个威胁 莫妮卡 |
[26:50] | We both know there are ten women in that building… | 我们都知道白宫里有很多女人… |
[26:54] | …who have had something with him. | …和他有暧昧关系 |
[26:58] | They’re all still there. | 她们都还在那里 |
[27:01] | You want to know why? | 你知道为什么吗? |
[27:04] | Because he doesn’t care about them. | 因为他对她们没什么感情 |
[27:10] | You’re exhausted and upset. | 你现在既疲惫又沮丧 |
[27:13] | You are not seeing this clearly at all. | 根本看不清形势 |
[27:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:25] | I think, sadly, I am. | 我觉得自己看清了 |
[27:33] | – Can I just say…? – What? | -我能否说… -什么? |
[27:35] | Look, I know this sounds funny, | 虽然听起来有些可笑 |
[27:37] | but anyone who knows me knows I’m an extremely intuitive person. | 但认识我的人都知道 我的直觉很准 |
[27:41] | And I just, I have this feeling. | 我就觉得 |
[27:44] | You shouldn’t leave town. | 你不应该离开华府 |
[27:46] | Not yet. | 不能走 |
[27:48] | He’s gonna call you. | 他会给你电话的 |
[27:49] | I know it. I sense it. | 这我知道 我有预感 |
[27:52] | And if you miss that, you’ll never forgive yourself. | 要是错过这个电话 你永远不会原谅自己的 |
[27:57] | Hmm? | 懂吗? |
[28:37] | Hello? | 喂? |
[28:38] | Hey, Monica. It’s Bill. | 你好 莫妮卡 是比尔 |
[28:42] | Yeah, I’m sorry, my voice sounds funny. | 很抱歉 我的声音有点怪 |
[28:45] | I… I think I’ve got laryngitis. | 可能是得了咽喉炎了 |
[28:47] | H… Hi. Oh, no, are you okay? | 你好 那没事吧 |
[28:50] | Don’t worry about me. | 那不用担心 |
[28:52] | How are you? | 你怎么样? |
[28:53] | I missed your voice. | 我很想念你的声音 |
[28:56] | Uh, I-I bet you’ve been so busy. | 我猜你最近一定很忙 |
[28:58] | I-I don’t want to talk about me. | 别谈我的事 |
[29:01] | What have you been up to? | 你最近在忙什么? |
[29:12] | In vain, I have struggled. It will not do. | 我曾挣扎过 但却徒劳无益 |
[29:15] | My feelings will not be repressed. | 我无法抑制自己的情感 |
[29:17] | You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. | 你得让我对你说出那份强烈的欣赏与爱慕 |
[29:21] | And I beg you… | 我还要… |
[29:23] | …most fervently to relieve my suffering… | 恳求你 别再让我继续痛苦 |
[29:26] | and consent to be my wife. | 答应嫁给我吧 |
[29:27] | – Hello? -You were so right. | -喂? -你说得对极了 |
[29:30] | I was packed, I had my ticket, I was about to go get into a cab. | 我收拾好行李 拿着机票真准备上出租车 |
[29:34] | Last minute, I decided to stay, and he called. | 但最后还是决定不去了 这时 他来电话了 |
[29:38] | He’s sick, and he sounded so tired, | 他病了 声音很疲惫 |
[29:40] | but he wanted to hear my voice. Linda! | 但他却很想听我说话 琳达 |
[29:43] | I-I can’t believe it. How did you know? | 我真不敢相信 你怎么知道的? |
[29:45] | I have a gift, Monica. | 这是我的天赋 莫妮卡 |
[29:48] | It’s just no one sees it. | 只是没人发现罢了 |
[30:06] | Mrs. Jones is in the waiting room. | 琼斯夫人在候客室 |
[30:08] | – With the husband? – And another woman. | – 她丈夫在吗? – 还有另一个女人 |
[30:11] | What? | 什么? |
[30:13] | – Who? – I can’t even describe. | -是谁? -我说不清 |
[30:21] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[30:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:26] | I’m the president and founder of the Women’s Coalition. | “妇女联盟”的创始人和主席 |
[30:29] | Wait. Who? | 等等 是谁 |
[30:30] | Susan Carpenter-McMillan, president and founder of… | “妇女联盟”创始人和主席苏珊 |
[30:32] | …Women’s Coalition. We’re a nonprofit that advocates… | 我们属于非盈利组织 |
[30:34] | …for what I like to call… “Conservative feminism.” | 其使命是推崇“保守女权主义” |
[30:37] | Okay. Wonderful. | 明白 太好了 |
[30:39] | I was at an event for the Right to Life League | 我在参加“生命权联盟”活动时 |
[30:42] | and Susie came up and said she knew who I was. | 苏茜过来对我说 她认识我 |
[30:44] | I was doing a piece of commentary | 为了支持葆拉 |
[30:46] | in support of Paula for our ABC affiliate. | 我那天在美广做实况评论 |
[30:48] | And I thought, oh, my gosh, how nice. | 我就觉得 天哪 这太好了 |
[30:50] | And she told me that she thought I was being treated poorly. | 她说 她认为我被怠慢了 |
[30:53] | “Poorly” is an understatement. | “怠慢” 两字是轻描淡写了 |
[30:56] | I’m here to protect Paula’s interests. | 我是来维护葆拉的利益的 |
[30:59] | How nice. | 真不错 |
[31:01] | Lovely to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[31:02] | We actually have to discuss legal strategy with Paula and Steve, | 我们还要和琼斯夫妇商讨法律策略 |
[31:05] | so if… Serena? | 所以… 塞雷娜 |
[31:07] | Oh, well, anything you can say in front of us, | 等等 不管你们说什么 |
[31:08] | you can say in front of Susie. | 苏茜都无需回避 |
[31:10] | Honey, she… | 亲爱的 她… |
[31:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:14] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[31:21] | Well… | 那么… |
[31:23] | just to bring you up to speed, | 最新情况是这样的 |
[31:26] | Clinton’s team has been arguing | 克林顿的律师辩称 |
[31:28] | that a sitting president is immune to lawsuits like Paula’s. | 对于葆拉的诉讼 在职总统具有豁免权 |
[31:31] | Fucking lowlifes. | 该死的恶棍 |
[31:33] | has agreed and now the Supreme Court… | 对于这一问题 |
[31:35] | …to step in and rule on that question. | 最高法院已同意介入并进行裁决 |
[31:39] | We’re, uh, already working on our arguments. | 我们已经准备好了我方的申辩 |
[31:43] | Some great legal minds have volunteered to step in and help out. | 法律界的大腕们也纷纷自愿给予帮助 |
[31:46] | I mean, Paula, for our practice sessions, | 葆拉 在模拟庭审中 |
[31:49] | we’ll have Robert Bork acting as a justice. | 罗伯特·博克要来担当法官 |
[31:52] | At least for a day, he’ll get to be one. | 至少要来担当一天 |
[31:58] | You know what I’m not hearing in any of this… | 我在你的话里并没有听到… |
[32:01] | is the name Paula. | …葆拉的名字 |
[32:03] | He just said Paula… five seconds ago. | 他五秒钟之前提到了葆拉 |
[32:06] | Well, I just want to help however I can. | 我只是想尽力多做点事 |
[32:09] | And Susie was thinking maybe I could do some TV appearances… | 苏茜认为我应该上电视 |
[32:11] | …since no one on TV is saying my side of things. | 因为没人在电视上帮我说过话 |
[32:14] | I would not advise going on TV. | 我不建议你上电视 |
[32:16] | All that matters right now is the Supreme Court. | 现在的关键在于最高法院 |
[32:19] | Mm, the same Supreme Court that made it legal to murder children? | 让谋杀婴儿合法化的那个法院吗 |
[32:22] | What? Oh, my gosh. | 什么 上帝啊 |
[32:23] | Yes, unborn children. | 未出世的婴儿 |
[32:24] | You see, I have to disagree with you about television. | 所以我不能同意你对上电视的看法 |
[32:28] | I have never heard of a case… | 我从未听说过… |
[32:29] | …that couldn’t benefit from a little outside pressure. | …有哪个案子不会从舆论的压力中获益 |
[32:32] | The justices are political animals, | 和华府里的所有人一样 |
[32:34] | just like everyone else in this town. | 法官也热衷于政治 |
[32:36] | – I just want people to see my side of it. – Paula, | -我只是想让大家听到我的看法 -葆拉 |
[32:39] | I assure you…they will. | 我向你保证 他们会听到的 |
[32:44] | Please, let’s get to work. | 我们回归正题吧 |
[32:46] | I’m thinking Stevens, Breyer, Ginsburg, Souter… | 我想 史蒂文斯 布雷耶 金斯伯格和苏特 |
[32:50] | This isn’t gonna win them over. | 很难争取过来 |
[32:52] | I’m not worried about the liberals. | 别担心这些自由派 |
[32:53] | They’ve argued for decades | 几十年来 他们坚持认为 |
[32:55] | that a president should be treated like an ordinary citizen. | 总统和百姓不应区别对待 |
[32:57] | They have to take Paula’s side. | 他们必须支持葆拉 |
[32:59] | I always say you can never go wrong relying on… | 我常说 真正正直的自由派 |
[33:01] | …the diamond-grade integrity of liberals. | 永远不会让你失望 |
[33:04] | I thought you were taping at MSNBC. | 还以为你在“微国广”录制节目呢 |
[33:07] | -They fired me. -Again? | -他们炒了我 -又被炒了? |
[33:09] | I was fighting with this simpering peacenik | 我和那个傻帽反战分子吵起来了 |
[33:12] | about landmines in Vietnam, and I said, | 我们在争论越南地雷的事 我说 |
[33:15] | “People like you are the reason we lost the war.” | “就因为有你这种人 我们才会输掉战争” |
[33:19] | Turned out, he was a veteran with no legs. | 没想到他是个断腿的退役老兵 |
[33:21] | Jesus! Ann! | 天哪 Ann |
[33:22] | How was I supposed to know? | 这我怎么知道啊? |
[33:24] | You tape alone in the studio, | 一个人在工作室录节目 |
[33:26] | you can’t see the rest of the panel. | 没法眼观六路 |
[33:28] | The upside is now I am completely available to help you. | 好处是 我现在完全有时间来帮你们了 |
[33:32] | I want in. | 收下我 |
[33:34] | – Really? Really. | -真的吗? -真的 |
[33:36] | – What are we doing? – Uh… | -现在在干啥? -正在… |
[33:37] | preparing, uh, briefs to help out Paula’s lawyers. | 在为葆拉的律师准备辩护状 |
[33:41] | Tough case. | 棘手的案子 |
[33:42] | Do the laws apply to our head of state | 他是一个遵纪守法的首脑呢 |
[33:45] | or is he an infallible sovereign? | 还是一贯正确的君主? |
[33:47] | Not as though the country was founded on that exact concept. | 君主制好像并非是这个国家的立国之本 |
[33:50] | They’ll argue her suit… | 他们会说 |
[33:51] | …will distract him from him presidential duties. | 这个案子会扰乱总统的正常工作 |
[33:54] | When do we get to the part where he’s deposed and he lies? | 我们何时才能看到他宣誓作证并撒谎? |
[33:57] | Oh, well, after this, if the court finds in Paula’s favor. | 那得等高院做出有利于葆拉的裁决 |
[34:00] | I have a law degree. It was a rhetorical question. | 我学过法律 我说的是反诘句 |
[34:03] | Jerome’s a little less accustomed to your sense of humor. | 杰尔姆还不太习惯你的幽默 |
[34:06] | Oh, man, I can’t wait till that deposition. | 天哪 我太想看到他出庭作证了 |
[34:09] | “Mr. President, what specifically, is wrong with your penis?” | “总统先生 您的阴茎到底是怎么回事?” |
[34:15] | “Please go into excruciating detail.” | “请描述一下这些尴尬的细节” |
[34:18] | Well, to be clear, the goal isn’t to embarrass him. | 说清楚 我们的目的不是羞辱他 |
[34:20] | I-It’s to constrain a president | 而是要约束他 |
[34:22] | – who has engaged in illicit activities. – I’m bored. | – 因为他参与了非法活动 – 好厌倦 |
[34:25] | You’re boring. | 你好无聊 |
[34:27] | That’s the problem with you Republicans. | 这就是你们共和党人的通病 |
[34:29] | – You’re a Republican. – Mm, I’m a conservative. | – 你也是共和党人啊 – 我是个保守派 |
[34:32] | You’re all too nice. What does that get you? | 你们都太温和了 温和的结果是什么? |
[34:35] | – It… it gets you Dole. – What’s wrong with Dole? | -是出了个多尔 -多尔怎么了? |
[34:37] | Um, he lost. | 他输掉了选举 |
[34:40] | Idiotic American females couldn’t wait | 愚蠢的美国女人 |
[34:42] | to reelect their fat boyfriend. | 一心要让她们的偶像连任 |
[34:44] | Be that as it may, | 话尽管如此 |
[34:46] | this case is all we have now. | 这个案子却是我们的法宝 |
[34:51] | Right. | 是的 |
[34:53] | What would you like me to do? | 你想让我做什么? |
[34:56] | What you do best. | 做你最擅长的 |
[34:58] | Stir the pot. | “煽风点火” |
[35:00] | Uh, help us get justice for Paula. | 帮我们为葆拉讨回公道 |
[35:02] | Oh, this isn’t about justice. | 这不是为了讨回公道 |
[35:04] | Then what is it about? | 那是什么? |
[35:07] | Impeachment, Jerome. | 杰尔姆 是为了弹劾 |
[35:17] | I want you to tell me your honest-to-goodness opinion, okay? | 你要把最真实的想法告诉我 好吗? |
[35:25] | On May 8, 1991, | 1991年5月8日 |
[35:27] | Paula Jones, a state employee with the Arkansas Industrial… | 在怡东酒店召开的质量控制会议上 |
[35:30] | …Development Commision, was working the registration desk, | 阿肯色工业发展委员会雇员葆拉·琼斯 |
[35:34] | for the Governor’s QM Conference at the Excelsior Hotel. | 是会议登记处的工作人员 |
[35:38] | Governor Bill Clinton was to be the main speaker. | 州长克林顿是会议的主要发言人 |
[35:41] | He tried to lean in on me and grab… | 他想靠近我 抓我的… |
[35:45] | Well, he… he… | 他 他… |
[35:47] | he tried to put his hand up my leg. | 他试图把手放在我腿上 |
[35:49] | And it… which I… It all happened so fast. | 这一切… 发生得很突然 |
[35:53] | And… | 而且… |
[35:54] | Bill Clinton asked me to perform oral sex, | 比尔·克林顿还要我实施口交 |
[35:57] | which I declined. | 我拒绝了 |
[36:00] | And I told the governor I’m not that kind of girl | 我告诉州长我不是那种女人 |
[36:02] | and I walked right out. I went to my desk… | 然后 我就直接出去回到了登记处 |
[36:05] | I told my coworker the whole story. | 把整件事全都告诉了同事 |
[36:08] | And that is what happened. | 事情就是这样 |
[36:09] | Isn’t that right? | 对吧 |
[36:11] | Yes, Paula. | 没错 葆拉 |
[36:13] | My husband’s very outraged. | 我丈夫非常愤怒 |
[36:16] | I’m just… I’m just glad I wasn’t there, I can tell you that. | 我只能说 幸亏我当时不在场 |
[36:19] | Me, too. | 是的 |
[36:20] | Gil and Joe said never show this ever to anyone, | 吉尔和乔说不要让别人看到这段视频 |
[36:24] | but this is a real video sold by the Reverend Jerry Falwell | 但福尔韦尔牧师在其教堂里散发的… |
[36:27] | …at his churches. | …就是这段视频 |
[36:29] | Oh. | 这样啊 |
[36:30] | Okay. | 明白了 |
[36:31] | And I was thinking about what you said. | 你说过的话 我也在想 |
[36:33] | And if we got this out there more… | 如果能让更多的人看到它 |
[36:35] | if it was on TV, you know, | 如果能在电视上播出它 |
[36:38] | people would see my side. | 大家就会了解我的态度 |
[36:40] | Um… I don’t know, what do you think? | 怎么说呢 你觉得呢 |
[36:45] | – What is this? – Brie. | -这是什么 -布里干酪 |
[36:47] | – Mm! – It’s French. | -好吃 -是法国奶酪 |
[36:54] | Here’s what I think. | 我是这样想的 |
[36:56] | You’re wonderful in it. | 你表现得很好 |
[36:58] | So real. | 很真实 |
[36:59] | You have a look that says… | 你身上有一种典型的… |
[37:02] | …”Rural Arkansas.” | …”阿肯色乡土”气息 |
[37:04] | That, I love, but city people don’t always like that. | 我很喜欢 但城里人不一定都会喜欢 |
[37:07] | – Even city people who vote Republican. – Mm. Yeah. | -即使是那些支持共和党的城里人 -确实 |
[37:12] | They want to believe you. | 他们都希望能相信你 |
[37:15] | We just need to help them along. | 我们只需让他们相信就行了 |
[37:19] | Uh, well, what do we do? | 那我们要怎么做? |
[37:33] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[37:40] | Thanks, thanks. I just left the key in the car. | 谢谢 钥匙就在车里 |
[37:43] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[37:45] | So pretty. | 这里好美 |
[37:48] | Is that Paula Jones? | 那是葆拉·琼斯吗 |
[37:50] | I cannot wait to go here. | 我太想来这里了 |
[37:59] | Paula-poo! | 好一个葆拉 |
[38:02] | You look fantastic. | 你看上去真漂亮 |
[38:04] | Aw, y’all are so nice. | 你们都那么好 |
[38:06] | Oh, my God. Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 天哪 算了 算了 算了 |
[38:08] | – Paula. – No. I’m s… I’m so sorry, | – 葆拉 – 算了 很抱歉 |
[38:11] | – I cannot afford this. – Don’t you worry. | -这衣服太贵了 -别担心 |
[38:13] | – Your friends will take care of this. – Susie, no. Oh! | -你的朋友会付钱的 -苏茜 不行 天哪 |
[38:18] | – Really? – Mm-hmm, really. | – 是真的吗 – 是真的 |
[38:20] | Oh… thank you. | 太谢谢你了 |
[38:21] | Oh, my goodness, and thank you for being so kind. | 天哪 谢谢你对我这么好 |
[38:25] | I’ve never been in a Nordstrom’s before. | 我从没来过诺斯壮商场 |
[38:28] | We didn’t have Nordstrom’s in Lonoke, Arkansas. | 在阿肯色的洛诺克 没有诺斯壮 |
[38:30] | We didn’t even have a Dillard’s. | 连迪拉德商场都没有 |
[38:32] | My mama used to send off for patterns… | 过去 都是妈妈拿到裁剪样板后 |
[38:35] | …and make our dresses right there in the living room. | 自己在家给我们做裙子 |
[38:37] | Below the knee ’cause… | 裙长必须过膝 |
[38:39] | we were the Church of the Nazarene, | 因为我们是拿撒勒教徒 |
[38:41] | so I guess you’d say it was kind of strict on the length. | 你可能会觉得这种规定过于严格 |
[38:44] | It’s all I wore till I was… sixteen. | 但那种衣裙我一直穿到了16岁 |
[38:48] | Oh, it’s funny ’cause this is … | 有意思 我在州里工作时 |
[38:50] | …how my boss dressed when I worked for the state. | 我上司也是这身打扮 |
[38:53] | I always thought she was kind of sad. | 我一直觉得她挺惨的 |
[38:57] | Well, you don’t look sad. | 但你看上去可不惨 |
[39:01] | – This feels like dress-up. – It’s all dress-up, Paula. | -这有点盛装打扮的味道 -就是要盛装打扮 |
[39:04] | People get confused when I tell them I’m a conservative feminist. | 别人都很困惑我是个保守的女权主义者 |
[39:08] | But the fact is you don’t have to be a lesbian or an abortionist, | 但事实是 不是非得女同或堕胎者才会相信 |
[39:12] | to believe that a woman… | 女性在入场时… |
[39:14] | …deserves equal respect to a man when she walks in a room. | 理应获得和男性同样的尊重 |
[39:16] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[39:17] | Mm-hmm, and that’s what you deserve. | 你也应该获得这份尊重 |
[39:20] | And I want you to know that. | 我希望你清楚这一点 |
[39:23] | I just don’t know if I can be all classy like you. | 不知道我能否做到像你那般优雅 |
[39:28] | Gosh. You already are. | 天啊 你已经很优雅了 |
[39:33] | Yes, and that’s what we’re going to clarify for the world. | 这一点 是我们要向世人澄清的 |
[39:38] | How about we buy this for you and then I take you to lunch? | 就买这套吧 然后带你去吃饭 怎么样? |
[39:41] | – Susie. – Oh, Paula. | – 苏茜 – 葆拉 |
[39:44] | – Okay. – Yes! | -好吧 -太好了 |
[39:50] | She’s not at all what I thought based on the news. | 她一点也不像新闻里说的那样 |
[39:53] | She’s so sweet. | 她很可爱 |
[39:54] | Yeah, she is sweet. | 她确实很可爱 |
[39:57] | Dumb as a rock, though. | 但是太笨了 |
[40:15] | – Thanks for seeing me. – Of course. | – 谢谢你来见我 – 没关系 |
[40:17] | Just a few things for him. | 有些东西要送给他 |
[40:18] | He and I talked, but I didn’t mention I was bringing it by. | 我们通过话 但我没说要送来 |
[40:21] | I wanted it to be a surprise. | 想给他个惊喜 |
[40:22] | Well, the president loves gifts more than any adult man I know. | 在我眼里 总统是最喜欢礼物的大男人了 |
[40:26] | I’ll make sure he gets these. | 我一定送到他手上 |
[40:28] | Sorry, but… | 不好意思 |
[40:30] | I just didn’t know how to raise this with him, | 有件事我不知如何对他说 |
[40:32] | and he probably hasn’t even talked to you about it, | 可能他也没告诉你 |
[40:34] | but… there’d been this idea… | 当初曾经这样想过 |
[40:36] | …that I would come back to work here after the election. | 选举过后让我回到这里来工作 |
[40:39] | Oh. Yes. | 是的 |
[40:41] | He told me he wanted to bring you back. | 他是说过想让你回来 |
[40:44] | He said you were a good kid. | 还说你是个好孩子 |
[40:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:48] | I’ll make sure he sees these. | 我一定转交给他 |
[41:01] | Well… | 哇哦 |
[41:03] | this place is divine. | 这房间太美了 |
[41:05] | Oh, it’s fine. | 还好啦 |
[41:07] | So, you really… | 你真的… |
[41:10] | – …want to see the dress? – Yes, you lunk. | -…想看那条裙子吗? -当然了 笨蛋 |
[41:20] | I could never afford this on my salary, | 靠我的薪水可买不起这裙子 |
[41:23] | but I fell in love with it, | 但我太喜欢它了 |
[41:25] | so my mom bought it for me. | 所以妈妈就替我买了 |
[41:28] | Oh, and I brought those gifts over to Betty. | 还有 我把那些礼物都交给贝蒂了 |
[41:32] | He loves frogs, | 他很喜欢青蛙 |
[41:34] | so I got him this little frog… | 所以我就买了个小青蛙 |
[41:38] | …as a joke. | 开个玩笑 |
[41:40] | I hope he thinks it’s funny. | 但愿他会开心 |
[41:47] | Ooh, the zipper. | 拉链好紧 |
[41:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[41:52] | Okay… | 来了 |
[41:54] | be honest. | 说实话 |
[41:57] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[41:58] | – You look gorgeous. – Really? | -你太美了 -真的吗? |
[42:01] | Oh, there is no question here. | 这一点毋庸置疑 |
[42:02] | You are going to that inaugural ball. | 你要去参加就职舞会 |
[42:04] | Okay, but then I have to watch him hug half of D.C. | 看着他先拥抱华府的半数民众 |
[42:07] | – and dance with his wife. – No, | -再搂着妻子跳舞 -不 |
[42:09] | It’s just Hillary. | 只是希拉里而已 |
[42:10] | I guess. | 说的也是 |
[42:12] | I just… I don’t want to walk away feeling… | 我只是不愿意在离场时觉得… |
[42:14] | Feeling what? | 觉得什么 |
[42:16] | Okay, so… | 告诉你吧 |
[42:19] | on August 18th last year, | 去年8月18日 |
[42:20] | he had this big birthday gala at Radio City. | 他在无线电城举办生日聚会 |
[42:22] | And I took the train up and stood in the rope line for… | 我坐火车过去 在隔离绳旁站了五个半小时 |
[42:27] | five and a half hours in heels, like a crazy person, | 穿着高跟鞋 像个疯子一样 |
[42:29] | just to see him, and he hugged me,and said it was good to see me. | 就为了看看他 让他抱抱我 说句问候语 |
[42:33] | But then six days later, he did call, but he said, | 六天后 他倒是来电话了 但他说 |
[42:36] | “You know, Monica, you remind me of | “莫妮卡 你让我想起了… |
[42:37] | The Face on Mike Hammer.” | …《迈克·哈默》里的‘脸面’” |
[42:41] | And at first, I didn’t get the reference because I’m not elderly. | 起先我没懂这话的含义 因为我太年轻 |
[42:45] | It’s a delightful show. | 很好看的系列剧 |
[42:46] | The Face is a reoccurring character in every episode. | “脸面”是一个女角色 每集里都要重复出现 |
[42:50] | A woman who shows up every place Mike Hammer goes. | 只要迈克·哈默去哪里 她就会出现在哪里 |
[42:54] | Yes. Thanks, Linda. I did discover that. I just… | 对 谢谢 我后来了解了 只是… |
[42:57] | Does he mean he likes me showing up places? | 那他是喜欢我的出现呢 |
[43:01] | Or does it mean he’s like, “Oh, great. Her again?” | 还是觉得我特别烦人 |
[43:03] | Well, surely not that. | 肯定不是烦人 |
[43:04] | Okay, but I go from being ecstatic that he called me… | 一开始我很兴奋 因为他来电话了 |
[43:07] | …to wondering where we stand again. | 后来心里又七上八下了 |
[43:09] | He hasn’t even asked me to come visit him, | 他既没要我去见他 |
[43:11] | and he hasn’t even mentioned me getting my job back. | 也没提起要调我回去的事 |
[43:16] | And so this… | 所以 |
[43:18] | his inaugural ball… | 他的这个就职舞会… |
[43:22] | Can I smoke in here? | 我能抽烟吗 |
[43:24] | Sure. | 可以 |
[43:30] | You know, you have such an incredible memory. | 你记忆力可真好 |
[43:33] | You remember all of these events just so precisely. | 你能记住那么多事情 且记得那么详细 |
[43:40] | Yeah, I’ve always been like that. | 是的 我一向如此 |
[43:42] | Well… | 这个… |
[43:44] | …maybe there’s a pattern. | 也许会有规律可循 |
[43:49] | Does that thing have Microsoft Excel? | 这台电脑能制作表格吗 |
[43:51] | April 28th, | 4月28日 |
[43:52] | I went to an AIPAC fundraiser, | 我去了美以公共事务理事会的募捐会 |
[43:55] | and I wore my sage green J.Crew suit, and I saw him there. | 我穿着灰绿色套装 在那儿见到了他 |
[43:58] | Okay. Next interaction? | 好了 再后来呢 |
[44:01] | May 1st. He called at 2:06 A.M., | 5月1日 他凌晨两点打来电话 |
[44:03] | and like an idiot, I picked a fight. | 还像个白痴一样 我发火了 |
[44:06] | Are you seeing this? | 你发现了吗 |
[44:09] | Look, | 看 |
[44:11] | you go where he can see you, | 不管他在哪里看到你 |
[44:13] | and he calls you within two weeks. | 两周内定会给你打电话 |
[44:16] | It’s a pattern, clear as day. | 很清楚 确实有规律 |
[44:18] | This spreadsheet is making me more depressed. | 看了这张表 我更沮丧了 |
[44:20] | What? Monica, look at the pattern. | 什么 莫妮卡 你看看这个规律 |
[44:23] | No. You know what I want? | 不 我要的是什么 |
[44:25] | I want him… | 我要的是: |
[44:26] | …to call me because he’s actually thinkingabout me on his own. | 他打电话来是出于真心的思念 |
[44:29] | – That is what I want. – Well, of course you do, | -我要的是这个 -这当然 |
[44:31] | but think of how you’ll feel when you get the call. | 但你想想接电话时的感觉 |
[44:34] | Delayed gratification, Monica. | 那是望穿秋水后的欢喜 |
[44:37] | 1997年1月20日 总统就职日 | |
[44:38] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[44:42] | Well, yeah, if the woman will talk to me. | 对 如果那女人想谈的话 |
[44:45] | All right. | 好的 |
[44:47] | Stay close. Bye. | 保持联系 再见 |
[44:49] | Second source on the blow job? | 又是口交的事 |
[44:51] | Or is it a handy this time? | 这次是手淫吧 |
[44:52] | I’m actually establishing a pattern of harassment | 说实话 当今最高首脑的性骚扰方式 |
[44:56] | by the most powerful person alive. | 已被我发现了 |
[44:58] | Hey, Isikoff, walk with me. | 伊西科夫 过来 |
[45:04] | What are you working on? | 你在忙什么 |
[45:05] | I still have some unwanted flirtations I’m following up on, | 手上还有一些无聊的桃色新闻需追踪 |
[45:08] | but actually, I just got this new lead. | 但我刚刚获得了一个新消息 |
[45:10] | There’s a White House volunteer saying… | 有个白宫女志愿者说 |
[45:12] | he kissed and fondled her back in ’94. | 他在94年时曾经亲过和摸过她 |
[45:15] | – And it happened inside the West Wing. – Michael… | -而且就发生在西厢里 -迈克尔 |
[45:18] | I know we’d need rock-solid sourcing. I’m working on it. | 我知道 来源需可靠 我正在努力 |
[45:21] | And what would be our justification for going to print? | 那我们找什么理由刊登呢 |
[45:23] | Paula Jones. It goes to his pattern of harassment. | 葆拉·琼斯啊 骚扰方式完全一样 |
[45:26] | Listen, I defend you to New York | 听着 当总部说你过于庸俗时 |
[45:29] | when they say you’re on the sex beat. | 是我替你说话的 |
[45:30] | But, Michael, when you spend weeks chasing these women, | 如果你费时费力地去找这些女人 |
[45:33] | and then have nothing to show for it, I… | 最终却拿不出东西… |
[45:35] | This new one… it’s really promising. | 这个新消息 绝对有戏 |
[45:39] | You need something soon, | 你最好快点出成绩 |
[45:41] | or I’m putting you on campaign finance. | 否则去写竞选资金吧 |
[45:50] | Why can’t I have the van tomorrow? | 为什么我明天不能开车 |
[45:52] | Allison, enough. | 艾莉森 别闹了 |
[45:53] | I’m not taking the bus. It makes me late. | 我不想坐公交车 会迟到的 |
[45:56] | Mom, you organize tours. No one’s gonna notice if you’re late. | 你是安排行程的 没人知道你是否迟到 |
[46:11] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[46:12] | the president of the United States and the first lady. | 欢迎美国总统和第一夫人 |
[46:46] | ♪ Unforgettable ♪ | ♪ 你是如此 ♪ |
[46:51] | ♪ That’s what you are ♪ | ♪ 令人难以忘怀 ♪ |
[46:57] | ♪ Unforgettable ♪ | ♪ 不管你身在何处 ♪ |
[47:02] | ♪ Though near or far ♪ | ♪ 都令我难忘 ♪ |
[47:09] | ♪ That’s why, darling, ♪ | ♪ 所以 亲爱的 ♪ |
[47:12] | ♪ it’s incredible ♪ | ♪ 如此难忘的心上人 ♪ |
[47:16] | ♪ That someone so unforgettable ♪ | ♪ 让人如何不惊叹 ♪ |
[47:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:22] | ♪ Thinks that I am ♪ | ♪ 但愿我也同样 ♪ |
[47:25] | Unforgettable | # 令人难忘 # |
[47:29] | ♪ Too ♪ | ♪ 与你一样 ♪ |
[47:52] | Good morning | 早上好 |
[47:57] | – How was it? – So great. | – 昨晚怎么样? – 很棒 |
[47:59] | He whispered to me from the stage that he liked the dress. | 他在台上偷偷对我说 我的裙子很漂亮 |
[48:03] | And then, this morning, Betty called me, | 然后贝蒂今早来电话 |
[48:05] | and she invited me to his radio address on Friday. | 叫我周五出席广播演讲会 |
[48:07] | – So it worked? – You were right again. | – 有效吧? – 你又说对了 |
[48:11] | And now, predictably, I’m a basket case. | 我兴奋得都快要疯了 |
[48:12] | I haven’t been alone with him in forever. | 我们已很久没单独在一起了 |
[48:15] | And now, I get to just walk back into that building and see him. | 现在我又能走进那幢大楼去见他了 |
[48:20] | What? | 怎么了? |
[48:22] | Nothing. It’s just… | 没什么 只是… |
[48:24] | It’s a radio address. | 那是一场广播演讲会 |
[48:27] | And… | 而且 |
[48:29] | …there’ll be 15 Tom, Dick and Harrys there. | 那里到时候会有很多人 |
[48:31] | I just, I… | 我只是… |
[48:33] | I don’t want you to expect too much. | 不想让你期望过高 |
[48:36] | No, if he’s inviting me, it’s to be with me alone. Don’t worry. | 不 只要他叫我去 肯定能单独相处 别担心 |
[48:41] | Why don’t you come over tonight and help me decide what to wear? | 今晚你来帮我参谋一下服饰吧? |
[48:45] | I am swamped. | 我最近很忙 |
[48:46] | This, um, JCOC tour of the Coast Guard Training Center is… | 海岸警卫队训练中心要举办联名会 |
[48:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[48:54] | – What? – I guess I just thought you’d be more excited. | -怎么了? -我本以为你会很兴奋 |
[48:57] | I am. | 没错 |
[48:58] | I’m excited. | 我是很兴奋 |
[49:00] | – It’s great. – Okay. | – 很棒 – 我走了 |
[49:08] | Paula, most Americans believe there’s political purpose here. | 葆拉 大部分美国人都认为这里有政治目的 |
[49:13] | That you’re working with people… | 你周围的那些人 |
[49:14] | …who very much want to see Bill Clinton out of office. | 都很希望克林顿能早日下台 |
[49:17] | That’s not it at all. | 完全不是这样的 |
[49:19] | I’m telling the truth about what happened, | 我只想告诉大家事情的真相 |
[49:22] | and if I can get to trial, the truth will come out. | 只有上了法庭 才会真相大白 |
[49:24] | Don’t you think this has created a huge embarrassment | 这也会让美国总统极为难堪 |
[49:27] | for the president of the United States? | 难道你不这样认为吗? |
[49:31] | You know, I didn’t do this. | 你要知道 做错事的不是我 |
[49:35] | He’s the one that did something to me. | 是他对我做了错事 |
[49:37] | He put himself here. | 他是咎由自取 |
[49:40] | Paula, I see you’ve had a makeover. | 葆拉 发觉你已大变样了 |
[49:42] | How long have you had the braces? | 这牙套戴了多久了? |
[49:43] | I don’t know that I have ever been that proud. | 我已经好久没有那么自豪过了 |
[49:48] | Not even when Paco won Best in Group at Pasadena. | 当年帕科在帕萨迪纳获团体最佳奖 |
[49:53] | Not even when he won Best in Show at Silver Bay. | 或在锡尔弗贝夺魁 我都没那么自豪过 |
[49:58] | Oh, I don’t know, Susie. | 这我可不知道 苏茜 |
[50:00] | Well, I do know. | 但我知道 |
[50:02] | You were great. | 你很了不起 |
[50:06] | I don’t think anybody’s ever looked at me and said I was great. | 从来没人当面夸我了不起 |
[50:11] | Then they weren’t really looking. | 他们是熟视无睹 |
[50:17] | Okay, time to wrap it up. | 时间到了 |
[50:19] | Let’s go! We don’t need you to move in. | 我们走 你不来也没事 |
[50:41] | Sir, they’re ready for you. | 先生 一切已就绪 |
[50:48] | Uh, Jackie, | 杰姬 |
[50:49] | can I get some water? | 给我喝点水 |
[50:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[50:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[51:00] | Hello, everybody. | 各位好 |
[51:02] | Sit down, please. Sit down. | 都请坐吧 |
[51:07] | Testing. | 试一下 |
[51:09] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[51:12] | Hi, Susie. | 你好 苏茜 |
[51:23] | Testing. Okay? | 试一下 正常吗? |
[51:38] | We ready? | 可以了吗? |
[51:42] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[51:44] | Today I want to talk about what we must do to strengthen | 今天我要谈的是 必须采取何种措施 |
[51:46] | our effort to keep drugs away from our neighborhoods | 才能让毒品远离我们的民众 |
[51:50] | and out of our children’s lives. | 不再危害我们的孩子 |
[51:53] | First, we must find drugs before they reach our borders and… | 我们首先要杜绝毒品入境… |
[51:59] | Sir? | 先生? |
[52:00] | Yes. Okay. | 是的 好的 |
[52:03] | Okay. | 好了 |
[52:08] | Come. | 来吧 |
[52:36] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[52:39] | Boy, have I missed that smile. | 很久没看到这个笑脸了 |
[52:42] | You have no idea. | 你不会知道的 |
[52:44] | Thanks for all the neat gifts. | 谢谢你的礼物 |
[52:46] | Uh, I got you a couple of little things. | 我也想给你一些小礼物 |
[53:01] | Oh, my God. It’s gorgeous. | 我的天 它真漂亮 |
[53:03] | It’s a hat pin. | 这是帽针 |
[53:05] | You always look so cute wearing your hats. | 你戴帽子的时候很可爱 |
[53:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:10] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[53:12] | And you can open this one later. | 这个先不忙着打开 |
[53:14] | No, if you got it for me, I want to open it in front of you. | 不 你送我的东西 我就想立马打开 |
[53:20] | 《草叶集》 沃尔特·惠特曼著 | |
[53:22] | My whole life, | 在我眼里 |
[53:24] | I’ve never come across any book quite as marvelous as this one. | 没什么书可以与这本书相提并论 |
[53:27] | Have you read it?- Uh, only “Song of Myself.” | -你看过吗? -只看过《自我之歌》 |
[53:29] | You should read the whole thing. | 你应该全部看一遍 |
[53:31] | It’s-it’s really special to me. | 对我来说 它真的很特别 |
[53:35] | And you… | 还有你 |
[53:37] | are really special to me. | 对我来说也很特别 |
[53:39] | Don’t ever forget that. | 永远别忘了这一点 |
[53:42] | It’s been hard. | 我一直很难过 |
[53:45] | You know, not… not being here, not getting to really talk. | 因为不能来这里 不能和你促膝交谈 |
[53:52] | You know what I find funny? | 有件事我觉得很可笑 |
[53:55] | You know, people look at me, | 在众人眼里 |
[53:56] | and they see this upbeat guy with this accent, | 我这个人非常乐观 口音浓重 |
[54:00] | who is a friend to women, | 深受妇女爱戴 |
[54:02] | can’t say no to a cheeseburger. | 酷爱芝士汉堡 |
[54:04] | And they think I’m soft. | 他们认为我很软弱 |
[54:07] | Gingrich thought so. | 金里奇这样认为 |
[54:10] | Bush thought so. | 布什也这样认为 |
[54:13] | And so did my stepdaddy, at first. | 当年就连我继父也这样认为 |
[54:18] | Let me tell you, | 我告诉你 |
[54:19] | two weeks before this Election Day, | 选举日的两周前 |
[54:22] | I was in Miami, ’cause damn it | 我在迈阿密 |
[54:23] | if I weren’t gonna get Florida this time. | 因为佛罗里达是成败的关键 |
[54:26] | And a poll comes out, has me beating Dole by 20 points. | 然而民调显示 我领先多尔20个百分点 |
[54:30] | I mean, I’ve been polling well, but this was game over. | 民调固然不错 但我没戏可唱了 |
[54:33] | You know what I felt, Monica, | 知道我什么感受吗 |
[54:35] | as I sat there in that hotel looking at that poll? | 我当时坐在酒店里看着民调报道 |
[54:38] | I was fucking furious. | 气得暴跳如雷 |
[54:42] | Because it took away any notion of a fight. | 因为它再也不是一场搏斗了 |
[54:47] | And I love to fight. I love it. | 而我却喜欢搏斗 很喜欢 |
[54:51] | This was the last campaign of my life, | 这是我人生中最后一次竞选 |
[54:55] | and it was done. | 却没法搏斗 |
[54:57] | It’s weird. | 不可思议 |
[54:59] | You know, I-I wanted to go for a walk alone, | 我当时好想一个人出去走走 |
[55:03] | but of course, I can never be alone, | 当然 一个人是不可能的 |
[55:05] | so Secret Service drove me around downtown Miami. | 所以 保镖开着车带我去逛迈阿密市区 |
[55:08] | And-and we stopped in this little bookshop. | 我们在一家小书店门口停下 |
[55:12] | And I looked over on a shelf, and I saw that Whitman. | 我在一排书架前 看到了这本惠特曼的书 |
[55:21] | And I thought of you. | 我就想到了你 |
[55:26] | So, don’t you dare, for one minute, | 所以你千万别以为 |
[55:28] | believe the reason you haven’t been asked to come visit is… | 我没叫你来这里… |
[55:30] | …’cause I didn’t want it. | …是因为我不想你 |
[55:32] | You know, the moment I saw you today, | 我今天一看见你 |
[55:34] | I wanted to get you in here alone as fast as I could. | 就想尽快和你单独在一起 |
[55:37] | The election is over. | 大选已经结束 |
[55:39] | I just don’t want to get addicted to you, | 我只是不想过于迷恋你 |
[55:41] | and I don’t want you to get addicted to me. | 也不想让你这样 |
[55:42] | -Too late. -No, Monica. | – 太晚了 – 不 莫妮卡 |
[55:44] | I think about all these guys who have hurt you, | 那些人曾经伤害过你 |
[55:47] | – and I, and I worry… – Don’t worry about me. | -我很担心… -不用担心我 |
[55:55] | We have to be really careful. | 我们必须非常小心 |
[56:24] | Are you Linda Tripp? | 你是琳达·特里普 |
[56:28] | Maybe. | 是的 |
[56:30] | I’m Michael Isikoff. I cover Washington for Newsweek. | 我是《新闻周刊》华府分社的伊西科夫 |
[56:33] | I know who you are. I used to work in the West Wing… | 我认识你 我曾在西厢工作过 |
[56:36] | – people were afraid of your calls. – Really? | -大家都怕接你的电话 -是吗 |
[56:40] | What are you doing here? | 你来干啥 |
[56:42] | Wanted to ask you a few questions. | 想问你几个问题 |
[57:04] | Let’s put our cards on the table. | 开门见山吧 |
[57:06] | You’re trying to do an expos on my program. | 你是冲着我的工作项目来的 |
[57:08] | – What program? – JCOC. | -什么项目 -联民会 |
[57:12] | Joint Civilian Orientation Conference. | 联民关系会议 |
[57:14] | No. No, that’s not why I’m here. | 不 我不是为此事来的 |
[57:16] | Do you know a woman named Kathleen Willey? | 你认识凯瑟琳·威利这个女人吗 |
[57:20] | I spoke to her recently. She told me about the incident. | 她最近把那件事告诉了我 |
[57:24] | With the president. | 它与总统有关 |
[57:25] | You’ll need to be more specific. | 你想了解得更具体些 |
[57:28] | I worked at the White House for many years at a very high level. | 我曾在白宫高层工作了许多年 |
[57:34] | Okay. | 明白 |
[57:35] | Kathleen told me she was subjected to… | 凯瑟琳告诉我说 |
[57:37] | …an unwanted sexual advance from the president. | 总统曾向她提出过不正当的性要求 |
[57:41] | She said she told you about it, and you can back up her story. | 她说曾告诉过你 你能证实她讲的事 |
[57:47] | That’s what she said? | 这是她说的吗? |
[57:50] | That I would back up her story? | 我能证实她讲的事? |
[57:53] | Is that not accurate? | 说得不准确吗? |
[58:00] | I can’t imagine why anyone would care about Kathleen. | 我不懂为何有人会去关注凯瑟琳 |
[58:03] | Because she might become part of the Paula Jones case. | 因为她很有可能会卷入琼斯的诉讼案 |
[58:06] | Her lawyers will argue that he has a pattern of behavior. | 她的律师会谈到总统的行为方式 |
[58:09] | This isn’t a story. | 这事不值得关注 |
[58:15] | Can you at least tell me, did something happen? | 请你至少告诉我 这事是否发生过 |
[58:18] | I told you. I have to talk to Kathleen. | 我说过 我得先和凯瑟琳谈 |
[58:21] | Will you call me after you do? Here’s my card. | 谈完后能给我打电话吗 这是我的名片 |
[58:24] | – You can reach me at the… – I know how to reach you. | -你可以… -我知道怎么找你 |
[58:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[58:29] | All right. | 就这样 |
[58:32] | There’s a bigger story. | 有一个好故事 |
[58:36] | Much bigger than this. | 比这个劲爆多了 |
[58:39] | You’re barking up the wrong tree. | 你找错了对象 |