时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:43] | 《草叶集》 沃尔特·惠特曼著 | |
[01:43] | Grande nonfat latte for Monica. | 莫妮卡的脱脂拿铁 |
[01:45] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[01:46] | Uh, probably my last time. I’m moving to New York next week. | 最后一杯了 下周我要搬去纽约了 |
[01:49] | Oh, my gosh, We’ll miss you. | 天哪 我们会想你的 |
[01:52] | Bye. | 再见 |
[02:08] | Come on, Monica. | 加油 莫妮卡 |
[02:23] | Where on God’s green earth? | 你这是在哪里啊 |
[02:25] | I was working out. Jesus, Linda. | 我刚才在健身 琳达 |
[02:27] | Your discipline… you make me feel like a slob. | 你的生活规律让我觉得自己很懒 |
[02:29] | Listen, can you do lunch in an hour? | 一小时后能共进午餐吗? |
[02:31] | – I’m in the middle of packing. – Monica, I have good news. | – 我得收拾行李 – 我有个好消息 |
[02:35] | I may have found a solution to our problem. | 也许可以帮我们解决难题 |
[02:37] | – Really? – Let’s meet in the food court, Pentagon City. | – 真的吗? – 五角市美食广场见 |
[03:26] | Subject’s arrived. | 目标抵达 |
[03:45] | Hi. | 你好 |
[03:52] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[04:40] | Miss Lewinsky, | 莱温斯基小姐 |
[04:41] | we’re agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation… | 我们是联邦调查局探员 |
[04:44] | …authorized by the attorney general to investigate… | 奉司法部长之令 |
[04:46] | …crimes committed in relation to the Paula Jones lawsuit. | 正在调查与葆拉·琼斯诉讼案有关的罪行 |
[04:49] | Linda? | 琳达? |
[04:50] | Miss Lewinski, you’re in serious trouble. | 小姐 你有大麻烦了 |
[04:52] | And we just want to talk to you. | 我们想和您谈谈 |
[04:55] | I… I can’t talk to you without my attorney. | 没有律师在场 我不会和你们谈 |
[04:58] | That’s fine, but you should know… | 可以 但你要明白 |
[05:00] | …in that case, you may not be able to help yourself. | 那样的话 也许对你并不利 |
[05:02] | Monica, they did the same thing to me. | 莫妮卡 我也是这样去谈的 |
[05:05] | This is for your own good. | 这是为你好 |
[05:12] | How about we speak somewhere more quiet? | 我们找个安静的地方吧 |
[06:39] | Miss Lewinsky. | 莱温斯基小姐 |
[06:41] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[06:45] | Monica, my name is Mike Emmick. | 莫妮卡 我是迈克·埃米克 |
[06:48] | I’m with the office of the independent counsel, Kenneth Starr. | 独立检察官斯塔尔是我的上司 |
[06:54] | Can we get her out of the room, please? | 她能先出去一下吗 |
[06:56] | – I mean, come on. – No. | – 快点 – 别 |
[06:58] | Make her stay and watch. | 让她在这里看 |
[07:03] | I want that treacherous bitch to see what she’s done to me. | 让这个伪善的女人看清楚她对我的伤害 |
[07:39] | … money that the Clintons invested, um, | 克林顿夫妇和麦克道戈尔夫妇 |
[07:42] | in land with another couple, James and Susan McDougal, in 1978. | 在1978年共同投资了一处地产 |
[07:47] | The crux of it is, they had this land deal together… | 问题在于 地产协议是一起签署的… |
[07:50] | Allison, let’s go. We’re going to be late. | 艾莉森 走吧 要迟到了 |
[08:12] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[08:20] | Uh, staples. | 订书钉 |
[08:22] | – It has a paper clip. – We use staples. | – 有回形针 – 要用订书钉 |
[08:33] | Good morning. White House Counsel’s Office. | 早上好 白宫法律顾问办公室 |
[08:35] | Yes, just one moment. I’ll transfer you. | 好的 马上为您转接 |
[08:46] | My dinner tonight, move it to 8:00. | 今天的晚餐改到八点 |
[08:48] | Yes, Bernie, will do. | 没问题 伯尼 |
[08:50] | Linda, can I ask you to mail these for me? | 琳达 能帮我寄这几封信吗? |
[08:53] | 寄信人 文斯·福斯特 收信人:爱丽丝·福斯特 | |
[08:53] | Of course. | 当然 |
[08:56] | Vince, are you seeing this? | 文斯 这个你看了吗? |
[09:01] | We’re actually getting a day of good press. | 今天报道的全是我们的好消息 |
[09:05] | They love Ruth. | 他们喜欢露丝 |
[09:06] | Good pick. | 不错的人选 |
[09:09] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[09:13] | We hit a home run for the president today. | 我们今天为总统打了场胜仗 |
[09:15] | Stop worrying about the travel office. | 不用担心旅行办 |
[09:17] | Stop worrying about Whitewater. | 不用担心白水事件 |
[10:04] | – Hello. – Good morning. | – 您好 – 早上好 |
[10:33] | Let me tell you one thing, | 告诉你 |
[10:34] | Mrs. Bush would rather have been catheterized | 布什夫人宁愿插上导尿管 |
[10:37] | than used the communal ladies’ room. | 也不会去公共女厕 |
[10:39] | I’m serious. What was she doing in there? | 说真的 她去那儿做什么? |
[10:41] | Probably what everyone does. You’re so hard on them. | 还不是和大家一样 你也别太刻薄了 |
[10:44] | You only say that because your husband’s a donor. | 你这么说是因为你丈夫是捐助人 |
[10:47] | Linda, her office is on this floor where… | 琳达 她的办公室就在这层… |
[10:49] | I have to stop you. Listen to what you just said. | 别说了 听你的语气 |
[10:52] | As though that’s not unbelievably disturbing in itself… | 第一夫人的办公室设在西翼 |
[10:55] | the first lady’s officein the West Wing. | 好像并非是件令人特别不快的事… |
[10:58] | Well, how else is she gonna get close enough to Vince? | 除此之外 她还有什么办法能接近文斯 |
[11:02] | – Oh, no. – A lot of people say it’s true. | – 不 – 好多人说是真的 |
[11:05] | No, I’m in a position to know that… | 不 我很清楚 |
[11:06] | …Vince Foster is a man of integrity. | 文斯是个诚实的人 |
[11:10] | If you’ll excuse me, | 失陪了 |
[11:12] | some of us have real jobs. | 我是要正儿八经干活的 |
[11:18] | Your messages. | 你的简信 |
[11:20] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:25] | Need anything else? | 还有别的吩咐吗 |
[11:30] | But I keep saying, to anyone who will listen, | 但对于那些愿意听的人 我一直在说 |
[11:34] | all roads lead to Hillary Rodham Clinton. | 所有的线索都和希拉里·克林顿有关 |
[11:37] | – Every time. Every single scandal… – Lunch? | – 每一次丑闻里… – 吃午饭了吧 |
[11:40] | … seems to have her fingerprints all over it. | … 似乎都有她的影子 |
[11:42] | Of course. | 是的 |
[12:12] | There you go. | 您的午餐 |
[12:16] | Thought maybe you could use a treat. | 吃点这个也许对你会有好处 |
[12:20] | You’re a kind person, Linda. | 你是个好人 琳达 |
[12:33] | Mr. Nussbaum and his wife will be dining… | 努斯鲍姆先生将携妻子… |
[12:35] | …with Estelle Parsons of TV’s Roseanne. | …与《罗赛妮》的主演帕森斯共进晚餐 |
[12:38] | So you’ll have two VIPs at the table. | 因此你们要款待两位贵宾 |
[12:42] | If you could… | 如果能… |
[12:44] | Excellent. Thank you, Carlo. | 棒极了 谢谢 卡洛 |
[12:47] | It’s always a pleasure working with you. | 和你合作总是很愉快 |
[12:55] | Well, I left some M&Ms on the tray. | 托盘上还有一些巧克力豆 |
[12:58] | For you. | 给你了 |
[13:00] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[13:02] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[15:43] | A lot of money earned by our players in that first round. | 我们的队员在首轮中赢了许多钱 |
[15:46] | Let’s see if they can keep it going in Double Jeopardy! | 不知次轮是否能再接再厉 |
[15:52] | Here we go… | 开始 |
[15:54] | This is breaking news. | 现在播报突发新闻 |
[15:57] | Good evening. We’ve just gotten word… | 晚上好 刚刚获悉… |
[15:59] | …that a body found in Fort Marcy Park is that | …在马西堡公园发现一具尸体 |
[16:01] | of Deputy White House Counsel Vincent Foster. | 死者是白宫法律副顾问文森特·福斯特 |
[16:04] | Early reports indicating this appears to have been a suicide. | 初步报道显示好像是自杀 |
[16:07] | It’s a busy scene right now. | 现场的人特别多 |
[16:09] | Investigators have been here for about four hours. | 探员们已在这里勘查了约四小时 |
[16:11] | Of course, details are extremely vague. | 当然 现在的信息还很模糊 |
[16:13] | We’ll update you as soon as we get some new news. | 一有进展我们就会及时报道 |
[16:15] | Thanks, Chris. | 感谢克里斯 |
[16:16] | Again, shocking news tonight, with the apparent suicide of… | 白宫法律副顾问文斯·福斯特的自杀 |
[16:19] | …Deputy White House Counsel Vince Foster. | 是今晚又一令人震惊的消息 |
[16:21] | Foster joined the Clinton administration just six months ago. | 福斯特进入克林顿政府仅仅才六个月 |
[16:24] | He was most recently linked… | 最近针对白宫旅行办的调查… |
[16:25] | – No. – … to the White House travel office investigation. | – 不 – …与他有很大的关联 |
[16:28] | Foster is suvived… | 福斯特身后留下了… |
[16:43] | Good morning, gentlemen. | 早上好 先生们 |
[16:45] | Well, excuse me, but this is my office. | 对不起 这是我的办公室 |
[16:47] | Yeah, she’s okay. | 让她进来 |
[16:49] | Thank you, excuse me. | 多谢 不好意思 |
[16:52] | Linda, it’s all just so awful. | 琳达 这事太可怕了 |
[16:54] | Someone’s going to want to talk to me. | 有人会来找我的 |
[16:56] | – You should take the day off. – Bernie, | – 你休息一天吧 – 伯尼 |
[16:57] | – I was the last one to see him alive. – Of course. | – 我是最后一个看见他活着的人 – 是的 |
[16:59] | Excuse me, where are you taking that? | 你们要把它搬到哪里去 |
[17:01] | W-What is he doing with that? | 他拿那些干什么 |
[17:03] | – Linda. – Excuse me. | – 琳达- 请问… |
[17:04] | – Sir? – Linda! | – 先生 – 琳达 |
[17:06] | Excuse me, I’m talking to you. Who told you you could take that? | 我在跟你说话呢 谁让你来拿走这个的 |
[17:09] | Bernie Nussbaum is who told me to take this. | 是伯尼叫我拿走的 |
[17:39] | Yeah, I finally got him to go down for a nap. | 对 我总算让他睡午觉了 |
[17:43] | He’s been fussin’ all day. | 他已经哭闹一整天了 |
[17:47] | Yeah, I got it. | 我明白 |
[17:51] | Well, what do you think? Steve sounded upset. | 你觉得呢 史蒂夫显得很不爽 |
[17:54] | I don’t even think he read it. | 我觉得他还没看过 |
[18:05] | I gotta go. | 我得挂了 |
[18:15] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[18:16] | No, Paula, I’m not okay. Jesus. | 不 葆拉 我有事 该死的 |
[18:25] | I finally get an audition. | 我好不容易能去试镜了 |
[18:28] | Finally start feeling good about being here. | 对这里也开始有所好感了 |
[18:30] | Well, this doesn’t take away your audition. | 这事没影响你的试镜啊 |
[18:31] | Feeling like I won’t have to spend my life at the airline… | 觉得不用一辈子待在航空公司了 |
[18:34] | How shall I go into work with the fucking thing floating around? | 但这事沸沸扬扬 让我怎么开始新生活 |
[18:36] | I never even heard of that magazine before. | 我从没听说过这杂志 |
[18:38] | I bet nobody even read it. | 肯定没什么人看 |
[18:39] | Saying that my wife went into a hotel room with Bill Clinton. | 上面说我老婆和克林顿一起进入了酒店房间 |
[18:43] | And then afterwards, you went and told his trooper | 然后你还对他的州警说… |
[18:45] | You wanted to be his girlfriend. | …想做他的情人 |
[18:47] | That is a lie and you know it. | 那是谎言 这你知道 |
[18:48] | You went up to the hotel room. That part wasn’t a lie. | 你进了酒店房间 这不是谎言 |
[18:51] | How many times are we gonna talk about this? | 这件事我们还要说几次 |
[18:53] | Everyone we know is gonna read this! | 所有熟人都会看到这篇文章 |
[18:55] | About my wife! | 看我老婆的笑话 |
[18:58] | Hey. Hey. | 喂 喂 |
[19:07] | We can fix this. | 这事我们能解决 |
[19:09] | We just got to show ’em what really happened. | 我们只需说出真相 |
[19:15] | How? | 怎么说 |
[19:17] | Deb knows a lawyer. | 黛布认识一名律师 |
[19:19] | He did her divorce. | 是他帮她离婚的 |
[19:37] | So then, uh, | 那么 |
[19:39] | what’s the real story? | 真实情况是怎样的 |
[19:44] | Well, I was working the registration desk | 是这样的 小石城召开质量管理会议时 |
[19:47] | for the Quality Management conference in Little Rock. | 我在会议登记处工作 |
[19:50] | Uh, Governor Clinton came through the lobby | 当时克林顿州长穿过大厅 |
[19:52] | And one of his state troopers told me… | 跟随他的一位州警告诉我… |
[19:56] | “The governor would like to see you in his room”. | “州长想让你去他的房间” |
[19:58] | So I said, | 我当时就说 |
[20:00] | “Gosh, okay”. | “天哪 好吧” |
[20:02] | And… | 然后 |
[20:04] | I went up there. | 我就上了楼 |
[20:06] | Then… | 当时… |
[20:11] | Um, we were alone. Me and Clinton. | 房间里只有我和克林顿两个人 |
[20:16] | And he said “Hi” Real friendly, | 他很友善地向我打招呼 |
[20:18] | Uh, started complimenting me. | 并开始赞美我 |
[20:20] | Next thing I know, he’s… | 之后 他… |
[20:22] | …getting real close, trying to kiss on me. | …向我靠得很近 想要亲我 |
[20:25] | So I went and sat on a sofa across the room, trying to… | 于是我就走到对面的沙发上坐下 |
[20:29] | Show him I’m not interested. | 以向他表明我不喜欢这样 |
[20:32] | But then… | 然而… |
[20:35] | He comes in, sits right by me and… | 他却走过来挨着我坐下 并且… |
[20:41] | That’s… | 这时… |
[20:42] | that’s when I saw… | 这时我看见… |
[20:49] | Saw what? | 看见什么 |
[20:53] | He’d taken it out, his… | 他掏出了他的… |
[20:57] | … uh, his business, right-right out, | 他一下子就掏出了他那玩意 |
[21:00] | Right out in the air. | 直接掏了出来 |
[21:08] | And then he asked me to kiss it. | 然后他要我去亲它 |
[21:13] | What’d you do? | 你怎么做的 |
[21:14] | I said no; I’m not that kind of girl. | 我拒绝了 我不是那种女人 |
[21:16] | And he said “Okay”, and I walked right out. | 他说”那算了” 然后我就走了出来 |
[21:20] | I’m from Lonoke. My daddy was a preacher. | 我来自罗诺克 我爸是个牧师 |
[21:22] | I am not going around to Quality Management conferences… | 我去质量管理会议中心… |
[21:25] | …giving out oral sex. | …不是想替人口交 |
[21:26] | Okay. Roger that. | 这我懂 |
[21:27] | I am disgusted. I am upset and… | 我感到很恶心 也很生气 |
[21:30] | I want an apology. | 所以 我需要一个道歉 |
[21:33] | Well, now, the magazine was clever about avoiding your last name. | 但杂志社很聪明 没有透露你的姓 |
[21:38] | No, I want an apology from him. | 不行 我要他向我道歉 |
[21:42] | The president? | 总统吗 |
[21:45] | And we’d like a role on Designing Women for Steve. | 我们还希望史蒂夫能在《女策划》里出演角色 |
[21:49] | Yeah, I could be like a-a love interest for Delta Burke. | 我可以扮演黛尔塔·伯克的情侣 |
[21:52] | You know? Maybe they’d bring me back if the chemistry is good. | 要是印象不错 他们也许会让我复出 |
[21:56] | I don’t know if you saw the film Mystery Train, | 不知你是否看过电影《神秘列车》 |
[21:58] | But Steve played the role of Elvis. | 那个猫王就是史蒂夫演的 |
[22:00] | He’s a very talented actor and we know that… | 他很有才华 我们都知道… |
[22:02] | The Clintons are friends with the couple that make that show. | 克林顿夫妇和那个剧的制作人夫妇是朋友 |
[22:08] | O-okay. | 好吧 |
[22:10] | I suppose, uh, legally speaking, | 从法律的角度来讲 |
[22:12] | This is a, uh, women’s harassment scenario. | 这出“戏”是一起针对女性的性骚扰案 |
[22:17] | That’s right. | 的确如此 |
[22:19] | So, | 所以 |
[22:21] | can you help us? | 你能帮我们吗 |
[22:24] | I ain’t tough enough to sue the president of the United States. | 要起诉美国总统 我还没这个实力 |
[22:26] | I’m gonna be honest with y’all about that, but… | 这一点我得向二位坦白 但是… |
[22:29] | Maybe if we get some attention on you, | 如果你们受到了公众的关注 |
[22:32] | His people’ll settle quick to keep us quiet. | 他的人也许会希望息事宁人 |
[22:35] | You all right with some attention? | 你们觉得这样可以吗 |
[22:45] | Bernie, this has ruined his trip to the Ukraine. | 伯尼 这事已经毁了他的乌克兰之行 |
[22:48] | It’s the Ukraine… what’s the best thing that could happen? | 乌克兰之行…能带来什么好事 |
[22:51] | Do you not see that we’re paralyzed? | 我们瘫痪了 知道吗 |
[22:52] | We can’t pass a bill. We can’t even get a health care hearing. | 议案通不过 医保听证会开不起来 |
[22:54] | Come on, George. | 行了 乔治 |
[22:55] | We’ve one way out of this, and you’re telling him not to take it. | 明明有办法解决问题 而你却叫他别采纳 |
[22:58] | I know you have an impressive 13 months of experience… | 你在这里的13个月里干得很出色 |
[23:01] | …here in town, but, George, I lived through Watergate. | 但是 我经历过水门事件 |
[23:03] | Appointing an independent counsel is not a way out of anything. | 任命独立检察官不是个解决办法 |
[23:06] | He did nothing wrong. | 他没做错任何事 |
[23:08] | We appoint one and this is over in six months. | 任命半年后这事就会过去的 |
[23:10] | No, we appoint one, and that person… | 不 新任命的检察官… |
[23:11] | …is under enormous pressure to come up with something. | …会顶不住压力而采取措施 |
[23:14] | Whitewater will just be the beginning. | 首先会拿白水事件开刀 |
[23:16] | They can’t just… | 他们不会… |
[23:16] | They will not stop until they find a crime. | 不找出点罪行来他们不会收手 |
[23:19] | Do you understand? They will not stop! | 明白吗 他们不会收手的 |
[23:21] | He appoints an independent counsel, it destroys his presidency. | 他任命检察官会毁了自己的总统职位 |
[23:40] | You hear that? | 听见了吗? |
[23:43] | If they appoint an independent counsel, I will have to testify. | 如果任命独立检察官 我就会去作证 |
[23:46] | You’ll be okay. | 你没事的 |
[23:47] | Oh, Kathleen, I saw them moving files. | 凯瑟琳 我看见过他们转移文件的 |
[23:50] | So just say that. | 那就说出来好了 |
[23:51] | I’m in the eye of a hurricane. | 我是处在风口浪尖上了 |
[23:55] | What are you doing? | 你在忙什么 |
[23:56] | They told me to restock the pens. | 他们叫我换钢笔 |
[23:58] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[23:59] | Will you not just ask the president for a real job? | 你干吗不求总统给你安排个正经的工作? |
[24:02] | I don’t know him that well. I’m just a donor’s wife. | 我和他并不熟 我只是个捐助人的妻子 |
[24:05] | Oh, please. Every Monday I have to hear about… | 你算了吧 每周一我都会听到… |
[24:08] | …how you talked to him at some chichi fundraiser. | …在奢华的募捐会上你们是怎么交谈的 |
[24:11] | while I’ve been sitting home alone, watching paint dry. | 那种时候我却只能在家独自发呆 |
[24:13] | Well, we’ve discussed this. You need to get back out there. | 这事我们讨论过 你得走出家门 |
[24:16] | Yeah, me at a singles bar. They’ll be lining up. | 我要是去单身酒吧 会排起长队的 |
[24:19] | You’re so hard on yourself. | 你太委屈自己了 |
[24:20] | Well, I don’t have time with all the chaos here. | 这里的麻烦事太多 忙不过来 |
[24:22] | Bernie is a basket case, I need a lawyer, | 伯尼已经疯了 我得找个律师 |
[24:24] | And you will not believe the meeting I just agreed to. | 我马上要去见一个人 你是想象不到的 |
[24:27] | What? | 什么? |
[24:28] | Well, someone told me that the best way… | 有人告诉我 |
[24:29] | …to protect myself is to write a book. | 要想保护自己 最好的办法是出书 |
[24:33] | Really? How exciting. | 是吗 很刺激 |
[24:36] | It’s strategic, Kathleen. | 是很关键 凯瑟琳 |
[24:44] | I’m not going to that. Uh-uh. My client has a book party. | 我不去那里 我的客户要开签书会了 |
[24:49] | Besides, last time I was in a room with Lady Bird Johnson, | 况且 上次我和约翰逊夫人共处一室时 |
[24:52] | She tried to push me down a flight of stairs. Ha! | 她还想把我推下楼梯去呢 |
[24:55] | Did I say I didn’t deserve it? | 我说过她不该如此对我的 |
[24:58] | Oh, gotta go. | 我要挂了 |
[25:00] | I think I see my 4:00. | 我约的人来了 |
[25:06] | So… | 那么 |
[25:11] | Was it murder? | 那是谋杀吗 |
[25:12] | Oh, no. I have no reason to believe that. | 不 我不相信是谋杀 |
[25:15] | But he was sleeping with Hillary. | 但他和希拉里上床了 |
[25:16] | Vince Foster was a faithful husband… | 文斯·福斯特是个忠诚的丈夫 |
[25:19] | …who tragically committed suicide. | 很不幸 他自杀了 |
[25:22] | It was very sad. | 令人伤心 |
[25:24] | You know, sad doesn’t sell books. | 伤心是没法让书畅销的 |
[25:27] | I’m sorry, ma’am, this is a nonsmoking section. | 对不起 女士 这是无烟区 |
[25:30] | Oh, fantastic. | 太好了 |
[25:32] | The whole earth is becoming Berkeley, California. | 整个地球都快变成加州的伯克利了 |
[25:36] | So, | 那么 |
[25:38] | what can you give me? | 你的故事是什么 |
[25:40] | Well… | 这个吗… |
[25:43] | There’s the president. | 这事事关总统 |
[25:45] | Let me guess. | 你在让我猜 |
[25:46] | There’s this cute little blonde. | 有个可爱的金发女郎 |
[25:48] | She was a stewardess on his campaign plane | 是他竞选阵营里的空姐 |
[25:51] | And it appears that someone deemed that… | 后来有人认为 |
[25:52] | …sufficient experience for a job in the West Wing. | 她足以胜任白宫西厢的工作 |
[25:56] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么? |
[26:00] | If you’re doing this, dear, you’re doing it. That means names. | 你想出书就不能遮掩 得真名实姓 |
[26:03] | – I can use a pseudonym. – Linda. | – 可以用假名啊 – 琳达 |
[26:05] | I sold Kitty Kelley books, till she went fucking nuts on me. | 在姬蒂·凯利与我翻脸前 我一直卖她的书 |
[26:09] | Worst client I ever had, but she was big. | 虽然她最难缠 但她是个大腕 |
[26:12] | Nancy Reagan, unauthorized; Liz Taylor, unauthorized. | 她写的南希·里根和丽兹·泰勒均未经授权 |
[26:15] | Everyone read those. | 但大家都要看 |
[26:17] | Point is, I do big books. | 我要说的是 我只出大腕的书 |
[26:21] | Some little anonymous something… | 我来这里 |
[26:22] | …that no one will care about? That’s not why I’m here. | 不是为了见一个没人知道的无名小卒 |
[26:26] | What I Saw in the White House by Linda Tripp. | 而是琳达·特里普要写一本《白宫见闻》 |
[26:31] | That’s why I’m here. | 我是为这个来的 |
[26:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:36] | My job in the West Wing is very important to me. | 我在西厢的工作对我来说很重要 |
[26:42] | There’s real money on the table. | 这书非常值钱 |
[26:43] | I’d be fired. | 我会被解雇的 |
[26:46] | I have two kids. | 我有两个孩子 |
[26:48] | I’m talking six figures if you strike now. | 你现在动手可以赚到六位数 |
[26:52] | Think about it. | 你考虑一下 |
[26:55] | Though you should know, you’re not my only meeting today. | 还有 我今天要见的人可不止你一个 |
[26:58] | This week is CPAC. | 本周保守党要集会 |
[26:59] | There’s a whole horde of Clinton haters in town | 城里有一大群反克林顿人士 |
[27:02] | And they’ve all got a book. Bimbos, ex-troopers. | 人人手里都有书卖 包括傻美女和前州警 |
[27:05] | Half of Arkansas is here. | 一半的阿肯色州人都来了 |
[27:07] | You might have noticed a certain Kmart spirit in the air. | 你会注意到这里弥漫着一种廉价的商业精神 |
[27:12] | I live like I got nothing to lose, Linda. | 我在生活中是无所畏惧的 琳达 |
[27:16] | I recommend it. | 你也应该这样 |
[27:24] | I’ve never even heard of this CPAC. | 从没听说过“保守党政治行动会议” |
[27:26] | Oh, it’s big. | 它规模很大 |
[27:27] | Each year they gather the best conservative minds | 每年都要召集全国最优秀的保守精英 |
[27:30] | in the country to opine on the issues. | 来发表意见 |
[27:48] | Baby, did you bring the credit card? | 你带信用卡了吗 |
[27:50] | – Why? – ‘Cause we gotta buy all this shit. | – 干啥 – 买几件T恤回去 |
[27:55] | My client, Paula Jones, has come to Washington today… | 我的委托人葆拉·琼斯今天来到了华盛顿 |
[27:59] | …to share what really happened on May 8, 1991, | 她要告诉大家1991年5月8日所发生的事 |
[28:03] | When Bill Clinton interrupted her workday, | 那天 克林顿打断了她的工作 |
[28:06] | and invited her to a private room. | 把她请到了一个房间里 |
[28:08] | Today I can reveal that in that room, | 今天我可以披露 就在那个房间里 |
[28:11] | The governor made unwanted sexual advances, | 那位州长提出了不当的性要求 |
[28:14] | Each of which Mrs. Jones rebuffed. | 但均被琼斯夫人所拒绝 |
[28:16] | Let me say, | 我得说一句 |
[28:17] | She is not here today to satisfy any prurient interests. | 她今天在这里不是来满足低级趣味的 |
[28:21] | Out of respect for the first family | 出于对第一家庭的尊重 |
[28:23] | And for what Mrs. Jones has been through, | 考虑到琼斯夫人的遭遇 |
[28:25] | She will not be getting into any descriptions… | 对于那天在房间里发生的事 |
[28:27] | …of what happened in the room. | 她不会做任何描述 |
[28:29] | – What? – Wait a minute. | – 什么 – 等等 |
[28:31] | Now I open the floor to questions. | 现在可以进行提问了 |
[28:33] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[28:34] | Did you have anything to drink? | 给你喝酒了吗 |
[28:36] | One at a time, please. | 一个一个来 |
[28:41] | Why did you wait to come forward? | 为什么现在才说出来 |
[28:43] | Did you have anything to drink? | 当时你喝酒了吗 |
[28:44] | Did you have a good time with him? | 你俩相处得愉快吗 |
[28:46] | What happened in that room? I mean, | 房间里发生了什么 |
[28:48] | That’s what we’re here for, right? | 我们只想问这个 |
[28:49] | Was there touching? | 他摸你了吗 |
[28:50] | – What did the governor do? – Bill Clinton… | – 州长干了些什么 – 克林顿… |
[28:55] | … presented himself to me in a very unprofessional manner. | 在我面前的表现是有违职业道德的 |
[28:59] | I would call it… | 在我看来 |
[29:02] | …sexual harassment. | 那是性骚扰 |
[29:04] | Did he touch you? | 他摸你了吗 |
[29:05] | I will leave that… I-I will not speak on that. | 这个我要让… 我不会谈论这个 |
[29:08] | – Did he expose himself? – I can’t speak on that. | – 他裸露器官了吗 – 这我不能说 |
[29:11] | Well, what can you tell us? | 那你能说些什么 |
[29:17] | It is wrong that… | 这是不应该的… |
[29:20] | a woman can’t not… | 一位大人物…. |
[29:22] | a woman can’t work in the workplace, | 让一位妇女在工作场所… |
[29:25] | be harassed, um… by a figure that high. | …中断工作 并对她进行骚扰 |
[29:28] | You say workplace, | 你说“工作场所” |
[29:30] | But you and the governor were in a private hotel room, correct? | 但你和州长是在酒店房间里 不是吗 |
[29:35] | Why did you agree to go up there? | 为什么你同意去那里 |
[29:37] | I just thought the governor wants to see me. That’s an honor. | 州长要我去 当时我只觉得很荣幸 |
[29:42] | So you expected what? A meeting on state affairs? | 你以为州长要和你商讨州务大事吗 |
[29:51] | Well, I don’t know, | 不知道 |
[29:52] | but I know he shouldn’ t have brought me up there for that… | 但我知道他不该带我上去做那种事 |
[29:55] | and he needs to apologize for-for what he did. | 他要为自己的行为道歉 |
[29:59] | You still haven’t said what he did. | 但你并没说出他的行为是什么 |
[30:01] | He asked you to have sex with him, yes? | 他要你与他发生性关系 对吗 |
[30:07] | – A type of sex. – Uh, what type? | 是某种性行为 – 哪种 |
[30:11] | Just so I understand, | 据我所知 |
[30:12] | we’ve all been called here to this big press conference… | 这个盛大的记者会把我们招来 |
[30:15] | …about something Bill Clinton did to her, | 是想透露克林顿对她干了什么 |
[30:17] | but she basically won’t say a single thing he did. | 但她基本上没说出他干了些什么 |
[30:21] | I-I appreciate your concern, but as I said, | 谢谢你的关心 但正如我所说的 |
[30:24] | Paula’s not going to give a blow-by-blow acount or every detail. | 葆拉不会对此事做出实况般的详尽描述 |
[30:28] | – Okay. Come on, now. – All right, all right, enough, enough; | – 就这样 继续 – 够了 够了 |
[30:30] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[30:31] | This sexual act he wanted, | 他所要求的性行为 |
[30:34] | was it something that you could perform… | 即使你不用脱衣服也能实施 |
[30:38] | …without taking your clothes off? | 是属于这一种吗? |
[30:41] | We’re not getting into that. Last few questions. | 无可奉告 最后再问几个 |
[30:43] | – Did he expose himself? – Who paid your way here? | – 他露阴了吗? – 你的路费谁付的? |
[30:45] | – Did you vote for him? – One at a time. | – 你投他的票了吗? – 一个一个来 |
[30:47] | I’ll just be direct. | 我就直说了 |
[30:49] | Did the governor ask you to perform fellatio? | 州长是要你替他”吹箫”吗? |
[30:56] | Um, what is fellatio? | 什么叫”吹箫”? |
[31:00] | – Okay, no more questions. – Unbelievable. | – 提问到此为止 – 难以置信 |
[31:02] | Hold on a second. | 再等一下 |
[31:32] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[31:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:37] | Kathleen? | 凯瑟琳 |
[31:39] | Do you have lipstick? | 你带了唇膏吗 |
[31:43] | Kathleen, what happened? | 凯瑟琳 发生了什么事 |
[31:44] | I did what you said. | 我照你说的去做了 |
[31:46] | I asked Bill for a job. | 我去求比尔替我安排工作 |
[31:49] | – And? – And he kissed me. | – 结果呢 – 结果他亲了我 |
[31:56] | What did you do? | 那你有何反应 |
[31:57] | It happened so fast. | 一切发生得太快了 |
[31:58] | Suddenly his aide was knocking on the door we were up against. | 我们当时背靠着门 他的助手突然敲门 |
[32:01] | – Kathleen. – And then it… it stopped and I… I rushed out. | – 凯瑟琳 – 他放开了我 我撒腿就跑 |
[32:04] | – Through the Oval? – Linda. | – 在总统办公室吗 – 琳达 |
[32:06] | I need to speak with you. | 我有事找你 |
[32:17] | I’m handing in my resignation and I wanted to let you know that. | 我想告诉你的是我正准备递交辞呈 |
[32:24] | What’s going to happen to me? | 那我的未来会如何? |
[32:29] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[32:42] | … presented himself to me in a very unprofessional manner. | … 在我面前的表现是有违职业道德的 |
[32:46] | I would call it… | 在我看来 |
[32:48] | …sexual harassment. | 那是性骚扰 |
[32:50] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[32:52] | The hair. | 瞧这头发 |
[32:55] | I will not speak on that. | 我不会谈论这个 |
[32:56] | – Did he expose himself? – I can’t speak on that. | – 他裸露器官了吗 – 这我不能说 |
[32:58] | – Coulter, who sent you this? – George Conway. | – 库尔特 这是谁给你的 – 乔治·康韦 |
[33:01] | You think she could be the one? | 你觉得她合适吗 |
[33:03] | Certainly needs media training. | 绝对要公关培训一下 |
[33:05] | Don’t care about media. Just need her to sue. | 别管公关了 能诉讼就行 |
[33:07] | We want him under oath. | 我们要让他宣誓作证 |
[33:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:11] | Because he’s Bill Clinton. | 因为他是比尔·克林顿 |
[33:13] | He’ll lie. | 他会撒谎 |
[33:15] | You say workplace, | 你说“工作场所” |
[33:16] | But you and the governor… | 但你和州长… |
[33:17] | Who is she working with? | 她的律师是谁 |
[33:19] | That guy. | 这个男人 |
[33:21] | 丹尼尔·泰勒 葆拉·琼斯的律师 | |
[33:24] | Let’s get her some real lawyers. | 给她找几个真正的律师 |
[33:27] | 卡马拉塔和戴维斯法律事务所 华盛顿特区 | |
[33:32] | Good news. | 好的一面是… |
[33:33] | We have direct relationships with the president’s lawyers. | …我们能直接和总统的律师联系上 |
[33:36] | We’re going to get you your apology. | 为你争取到他的道歉 |
[33:39] | We can’t tell you how much we appreciate y’all… | 你们能够接手这件事 |
[33:41] | …reaching out to take this over. | 我们感激不尽 |
[33:43] | Happy to help. | 乐意效劳 |
[33:44] | Now, I have to tell you, | 但我必须提醒你们 |
[33:46] | They may not want to do this the easy way. | 他们不一定会轻易妥协 |
[33:48] | In that case, we should be ready to go down a different path. | 在那种情况下 我们就得另想办法了 |
[33:53] | What kind of path? | 什么办法 |
[33:54] | Your sexual harassment claim has a 3-year statute of limitations. | 你们的性侵诉讼 其追诉时效是三年 |
[33:58] | That’s this Friday, | 这周五就到期了 |
[34:00] | which means… | 也就是说 |
[34:01] | …you have about 80 hours left to sue the president. | 要想起诉总统 大约只剩80个小时了 |
[34:05] | Well, but I just want an apology. | 但是 我只想要他道个歉而已 |
[34:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:09] | I think, to get one, | 但要想让他道歉 |
[34:11] | You might have to file a lawsuit. | 恐怕非得起诉不可 |
[34:13] | We’re not afraid of that. | 起诉就起诉 |
[34:16] | Look, | 听着 |
[34:18] | if they’re smart, they’ll settle. | 如果他们够明智 就会妥协 |
[34:23] | Before we talk to them, anything else we should know? | 我们这就去找他们 还有什么要说的吗 |
[34:26] | I think Paula has been plenty open with us. | 我觉得葆拉已经很坦诚了 |
[34:30] | Oh, yeah, just… just curious if there’s anything else. | 对 我只是想知道是否还有别的事没说 |
[34:35] | Like what? | 哪一类事 |
[34:39] | I can draw it, his… | 我可以画出他的… |
[34:43] | …area. | …那个部位 |
[35:35] | It takes a dramatic turn. | 它特别弯 |
[35:52] | I have an idea about my situation. | 我有解决困境的办法了 |
[35:56] | You want a job; I want to keep my job; | 你想要一份工作 我想保住工作 |
[35:58] | You have connections; I have experience… so how about this? | 你有人脉 我有工作经验 那就这样: |
[36:03] | You get us a meeting with the incoming white House counsel… | 你来安排和新来的法律顾问见面 |
[36:05] | …and I tell them to hire us both. | 我来说服他雇佣我俩 |
[36:08] | Package deal. | 一并解决 |
[36:11] | Oh. That’s a neat idea. | 好主意 |
[36:20] | My secretary Cheryl | 我的秘书谢丽尔说 |
[36:22] | Tells me that you’d like to stay on | 我们上任后 |
[36:24] | In the counsel’s office after we take over. | 你们想要继续留在法律顾问办工作 |
[36:27] | Is that correct? | 是真的吗 |
[36:29] | I bet it’s been wonderful working for dear Bernie Nussbaum. | 我想 在努斯鲍姆手下工作一定很愉快 |
[36:32] | Mr. Cutler, | 卡特勒先生 |
[36:33] | first of all, let me say thank you for meeting with us. | 首先 非常感谢你能和我们见面 |
[36:36] | Now, a little bit about me. | 我先自我介绍一下 |
[36:37] | I’m a multi-decade veteran of the civil service, | 我是个工作了数十年的老公务员 |
[36:40] | having worked at the highest levels of the executive and military, | 曾在最高层的行政与军事部门工作过 |
[36:43] | including a stint at Fort Bragg, | 包括布拉格堡 |
[36:45] | During which I had top secret clearance working for a division | 当时我在某个陆军部门 拥有最高保密权限 |
[36:48] | of the Army so classified, it technically doesn’t exist. | 这个部门极为保密 外界一无所知 |
[36:51] | So Delta Force. | 一定是三角洲部队 |
[36:55] | I can neither confirm nor deny. | 我既不承认也不否认 |
[36:59] | But what I can say is this, | 但我能说的是: |
[37:00] | Kathleen and I will ensure that the counsel’s office | 我和凯瑟琳保证做好移交工作 |
[37:03] | …undergoes a seamless changeover from Mr. Nussbaum to you. | 让你极为顺利地接手法律顾问办 |
[37:07] | Why is it you want to stay? | 你们为什么想留下? |
[37:10] | we feel… we both feel that we can be very helpful. | 我们觉得 我俩都能成为你们的得力助手 |
[37:13] | We possess institutional knowledge. | 我们有机关工作的经验 |
[37:16] | I was speaking to my former colleague James Schaefer recently. | 最近 我和以前的同事詹姆斯·谢弗通话 |
[37:20] | I’m sure you know James. | 你们肯定认识他 |
[37:24] | Under President Bush,James was special assistant… | 布什总统执政时 |
[37:26] | …to the deputy assistant for Public Liaison, | 他是公共联络办副助理的特别助理 |
[37:29] | working alongside my dear friend Tony Snow, | 与我的密友托尼·斯诺一起共事 |
[37:32] | with whom I imagine you are familiar. | 我想 你们应该都认识托尼 |
[37:35] | Tony Snow from Rush Limbaugh? | 《拉什·林堡秀》里的托尼·斯诺吗 |
[37:39] | James pointed out that one of my strengths | 詹姆斯指出 我的一大优势在于: |
[37:42] | is my high level of comfort in the West Wing environment. | 我能在西厢的环境里极为放松地工作 |
[37:45] | I can help you navigate the, uh, complex, | 我可以帮您处理… |
[37:47] | difficult personalities of this administration… | …这届政府部门内复杂棘手的人际关系 |
[37:50] | and fingers crossed: | 我也希望 |
[37:52] | we’ll have a little less turbulence under your leadership. | 在您的领导下 我们会过得安稳些 |
[37:54] | I don’t know if you know Mr. Nussbaum, | 我不知道您是否了解努斯鲍姆先生 |
[37:58] | But he’s not always the most organized. | 他的组织能力可不怎么样 |
[38:04] | Bernie’s a wonderful lawyer. | 伯尼可是个好律师 |
[38:06] | Oh, of course, absolutely. | 对 那是当然 |
[38:09] | I always thought he was so nice. | 我觉得他人挺好的 |
[38:10] | – Kathleen would drop in to our suite on occasion. – Oh, Lloyd, | – 凯瑟琳有时会来我们办公室 – 劳埃德 |
[38:13] | we should get back. You have that call. | 我们该回去了 你还有个电话 |
[38:17] | – Sorry to have to wrap up. – Uh, not at all. | – 抱歉 我们得走了 – 没事 |
[38:19] | Is there anything else that would be helpful to know? | 还需要了解一些别的事吗? |
[38:23] | We’ll certainly do our best. | 我们会尽力而为的 |
[38:34] | That you’d made a drawing of the president’s… | 你画的总统生殖器 |
[38:37] | …genital area certainly gave his lawyers pause. | 的确让他的律师们呆住了 |
[38:41] | Very helpful. | 很有用 |
[38:45] | But ultimately, | 但是 |
[38:47] | talking to them even late into last night, | 虽然昨晚的谈判一直持续到午夜 |
[38:51] | We can’t come to terms. | 还是无法达成一致 |
[38:58] | So, | 所以 |
[39:00] | Paula, we’re down to our last few hours. | 葆拉 就剩最后几个小时了 |
[39:03] | You have a decision to make. | 你得做出选择 |
[39:05] | Is there anything in your past you don’t want coming out? | 你有什么难以启齿的往事吗 |
[39:08] | Anything at all? | 任何往事 |
[39:10] | Because it will. | 因为这瞒不住 |
[39:13] | There’s nothing. | 没有 |
[39:22] | Baby girl. | 宝贝 |
[39:24] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[39:35] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[39:47] | I can’t let him get away with it. | 我不能就这么算了 |
[39:49] | Today we filed a complaint with the US District Court… | 今天 我仅代表葆拉·琼斯女士 |
[39:49] | 阿肯色州 小石城 联邦法院 | |
[39:53] | …on behalf of Paula Corbin Jones, | 向美国地区法院提起诉讼 |
[39:57] | charging William Clinton with sexual harassment… | 指控威廉·克林顿的性骚扰行为 |
[40:00] | …and violation of her equal protection and due process rights. | 以及侵犯平等保护权和正当法律程序权之行为 |
[40:03] | This case will be tried in the courtroom and not in the media. | 本案将由法庭来审理 而非媒体 |
[40:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:08] | You’re two distinguished D.C. Lawyers… | 两位都是华府的大律师 |
[40:10] | who connected you to Paula Jones? | 是谁让你们联系上葆拉·琼斯的 |
[40:13] | How did you end up here in Arkansas? | 你们是怎么来到阿肯色的 |
[40:16] | We took a plane. | 坐飞机来的 |
[40:18] | What is your next step? | 你们下一步怎么做 |
[40:19] | What are you expecting the president to say? | 你们估计总统会怎么说 |
[40:30] | 莱斯莉·克劳福德 人力资源部 | |
[40:34] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[40:36] | Where’s Leslie? | 莱斯莉呢 |
[40:37] | You just missed her. She left early. | 她刚走 她要早点回去 |
[40:44] | – Leslie. – Oh. | – 莱斯莉 – 哦 |
[40:46] | – Linda, you scared me. – What is this? | – 琳达 你吓我一跳 – 这是什么 |
[40:49] | – It’s a promotion. – It’s the Pentagon. | – 这是升职 – 这是五角大楼啊 |
[40:52] | I’ve been in this system 22 years. | 我在这里工作了22年 |
[40:54] | Moving from the White House to the Pentagon is not a promotion. | 从白宫调到五角大楼可不是升职 |
[40:57] | It’s a $20,000-a-year raise and you’ll be in Public Affairs. | 是在公共事务部 年薪增加了两万 |
[41:00] | You’ll be putting this on hold while I get to the bottom of it. | 先别调我 我得搞清楚 |
[41:03] | I need to speak to Lloyd Cutler again. | 我要再和卡特勒谈谈 |
[41:04] | If this is about Kathleen, | 其实是为了凯瑟琳 |
[41:06] | she’s just shifting from volunteer to an entry-level position. | 她刚从志愿者转正到了初级岗位 |
[41:11] | Kathleen? | 凯瑟琳 |
[41:15] | What do you mean shifting? | 转正 什么意思 |
[41:17] | Kathleen will be working in counsel’s office under Lloyd Cutler. | 凯瑟琳要在卡特勒的法律顾问办工作 |
[41:20] | – In my job?! – Well, no, not your… | – 接替我的工作 !- 不是… |
[41:22] | – I mean, I’m being sent to Siberia. – It’s about 3 miles away. | – 我却被发配到边疆 – 只有3英里远 |
[41:25] | And Kathleen, who has the secretarial experience of a radish… | 凯瑟琳可没什么秘书工作的经验 |
[41:29] | It’s an entry-level position. | 这只是个初级岗位 |
[41:40] | Leslie. | 莱斯莉 |
[41:41] | You know what I’ve always thought? You’re about sharp as marble, | 在我眼里 你一直很蠢 |
[41:44] | so you go ahead and drive home. | 你开车回家吧 |
[41:46] | I’m going up to the OEOB to talk to your superior | 我去老行政楼找你的上司 |
[41:49] | because something very wrong has happened here. | 因为这里肯定有猫腻 |
[41:52] | Linda, we tried to keep you. | 琳达 我们也想留住你 |
[41:55] | We went out of our way. We asked all around the White House. | 我们想尽了办法 问遍了白宫 |
[42:00] | No one wants you here. | 但没人想要你 |
[42:32] | Can we talk? | 我们谈谈吧 |
[42:34] | – Linda, please… – You know, I was a good soldier. | – 琳达 别这样 – 我曾是个好战士 |
[42:37] | When the election happened and these people showed up | 这些人从选举过后来到这里 |
[42:40] | with their total lack of respect for this institution… | 他们完全不尊重这个机构 |
[42:42] | …and their obvious contempt for half the country, | 藐视这个国家里的半数民众 |
[42:44] | through everything… the sleaze, | 他们劣迹斑斑… 舞弊… |
[42:46] | the pizza parties on casual Fridays… | “周五便装日”的那些披萨派对… |
[42:49] | I bit my tongue and did my job… | 我始终忍着不说 埋头工作 |
[42:52] | …as a civil servant… | 我太蠢了 |
[42:53] | …who was foolish enough to believe my sterling reputation… | 以为凭借专业和诚实所铸就的口碑… |
[42:56] | for professionalism and integrity still mattered. | …对一名公务员来说最为重要 |
[43:00] | Linda, you have to know that I feel awful. | 琳达 你要知道我其实也很难受 |
[43:03] | I thought we were women supporting each other. | 我本以为我们是一对相互帮助的女伴 |
[43:07] | I was trying to help you and then I walked into that meeting | 我当时很想帮你 才去和他们会面 |
[43:10] | with my job and you walked out with it right under my nose. | 而你却在会面后夺走了我的饭碗 |
[43:14] | It wasn’t up to me. | 这不是我能决定的 |
[43:15] | Oh, do me the favor of respecting my intelligence. | 帮帮忙 别把我当傻瓜 |
[43:18] | Linda. They can pay me a fraction of what they pay you. | 琳达 我的薪水只有你的几分之一 |
[43:21] | No one is auditing the White House secretarial budget, Kathleen. | 没人会来审计白宫秘书的开支 凯瑟琳 |
[43:25] | It’s the federal government. The stapler costs $200. | 这里是联邦政府 一个订书机都要两百元 |
[43:28] | You know how I know that? Because I paid my dues. | 我为何会知道这些 因为我很努力 |
[43:31] | I’m not here because I married a rich guy. | 不是因为有一个有钱的丈夫 |
[43:34] | – Okay. – Of course, that’s not what got you my job, is it? | – 知道 – 你靠的不一定是丈夫吧? |
[43:37] | No, we all know why I’m being fired and you get to stay. | 我们都知道为何我被开除而你却能留下 |
[43:40] | Linda… – | 琳达… |
[43:41] | You got my job because the president wants you around. | 那是因为总统要你待在他的身边 |
[43:44] | You know that and I know that. | 这一点你我都知道 |
[43:46] | In fact, the president knows I know a lot. | 总统也明白 我知道得太多了 |
[43:54] | The president has no idea who you are! | 总统根本不认识你 |
[44:14] | I will get you for this. | 这事我不会放过你 |
[44:40] | 琳达·特里普 国防部 | |
[44:52] | Tripp. Linda. | 我是琳达·特里普 |
[44:55] | Let me take you to your work station. | 我带你去你的工作区 |
[45:19] | Can I have a word? | 能和你说句话吗 |
[45:24] | As you know, | 你也知道 |
[45:25] | I‘ve been transferred from a high level position in West Wing. | 我是从西厢的高层岗位调过来的 |
[45:30] | I’ll be blunt… I know too much about Whitewater. | 直说吧 我对白水事情了解甚多 |
[45:33] | It’s a near certainty I’ll be called to testify. | 极有可能会被传唤作证 |
[45:35] | I need a private office so I can prepare. | 我需要一个独立的办公室来准备材料 |
[45:38] | Oh. I see. | 这样啊 知道了 |
[45:41] | No. | 那可不行 |
[46:08] | Hello, Nancy. It’s Linda Tripp. | 你好 南希 我是琳达·特里普 |
[46:12] | Allison’s mom. | 艾莉森的妈妈 |
[46:15] | Listen, I’m not going to be able to do the carpool switch, after all. | 我不能和你们轮换拼车了 |
[46:18] | I’m contending with the new commute, and it’s an absolute debacle. | 我的通勤路线换了 路况很差 |
[46:25] | All right. | 好的 |
[46:27] | Thank you so much. Bye-bye now. | 太感谢了 再见 |
[46:30] | Please don’t listen to my calls. | 请不要旁听我的电话 |
[46:33] | It’s tremendously inappropriate. | 这非常不合适 |
[47:11] | Can I help you? | 你有事吗 |
[47:14] | Pardon me, sorry; I’m looking for Assistant Secretary Bacon. | 不好意思 我在找培根副部长 |
[47:17] | You must be Monica. | 你一定是莫妮卡 |
[47:19] | – Hi, I’m Willie. – Hi. | – 你好 我是威利 – 你好 |
[47:21] | – Let me get you all set up. – Thank you. | – 我带你过去吧 – 谢谢 |
[47:33] | That’s Mr. Bacon’s office. He’ll be in soon. | 那就是培根先生的办公室 他快到了 |
[47:36] | Just got back from Bosnia last night. | 他昨晚刚从波斯尼亚回来 |
[47:38] | – You can set up right here. – Thank you so much. | – 你就在这里办公 – 谢谢 |
[47:41] | I’m happy to get started on anything Mr. Bacon needs. | 我很高兴能替培根先生工作 |
[47:44] | Why don’t you dig into these SOP books while you’re waiting? | 你可以一边等一边看一下工作手册 |
[47:47] | Welcome to the Department of Defense. | 欢迎来国防部 |
[48:21] | Next in line. | 下一位 |
[48:31] | God, what is that smell? | 天啊 什么味道? |
[48:36] | Is anyone else smelling that? | 你们闻到了吗 |
[48:38] | They’re doing electrical work, Linda. | 电工在维修 琳达 |
[49:02] | I can hear you chewing. | 咀嚼的声音别那么大 |
[49:04] | This is how I chew. | 我嚼起来就那样 |
[49:32] | – What now, Linda? – There are fumes in my cubicle. | – 又怎么了 琳达? – 我那里有臭味 |
[49:35] | It’s an insurmountable distraction. | 臭得我根本没法干活 |
[49:42] | Only till Harold’s back Tuesday. | 只能待到周二哈罗德回来 |
[49:44] | Send FSD to set up my computer. | 让服务部替我把电脑连上 |
[50:16] | Office of Lucianne Goldberg. Who, may I ask, is calling? | 露茜安·哥德堡办公室 请问是谁 |
[50:21] | Uh, this is the civil servant. | 我是那个公务员 |
[50:23] | From the White House Counsel’s Office. | 白宫法律顾问办的 |
[50:26] | She’ll know who it is. | 她知道我是谁 |
[50:28] | Linda, it’s me. | 琳达 是我 |
[50:31] | My new secretary was a disaster. | 我的新秘书太糟糕了 |
[50:34] | I fired her an hour ago. | 一小时前我开除了她 |
[50:36] | So, long time, no speak. | 我们好久没聊了 |
[50:39] | What could possibly be going on? | 有什么事吗 |
[50:41] | I’m ready to write the book. | 我想写那本书了 |
[50:44] | About my time in the White House. | 记录我在白宫的时光 |
[50:48] | Dear, it brings me no pleasure to say this, | 亲爱的 我不得不说 |
[50:51] | but you missed the moment. | 你错过时机了 |
[50:52] | Everyone’s done their Clinton book. | 克林顿的书 写的人太多了 |
[50:54] | Every staffer, every aide, | 他的员工 他的助手 |
[50:56] | every Appalachian broad in whom he deposited his genetic material. | 还有那些体内留着他精液的情妇们 |
[51:00] | That genre alone could fill half a Barnes & Noble. | 光这类书就能塞满半个巴诺书店 |
[51:04] | Well, | 但是 |
[51:06] | no one’s done anything of any substance about Vince. | 还没有人写过文斯的事 |
[51:09] | Vince? Vince Foster? Linda, no one cares anymore. | 文斯·福斯特吗 现在可没人对他感兴趣 |
[51:13] | I can sell almost anything, | 我什么内容都能卖出去 |
[51:15] | but I can’t sell stale White House gossip; | 但卖不出过期的白宫八卦 |
[51:17] | That market’s so saturated. | 那个市场太饱和了 |
[51:19] | – I need something… – Something current. | – 我需要的是… – 新鲜事 |
[51:21] | Not just current. | 不光是新鲜 |
[51:22] | Current and inside. And I mean inside inside. | 还得是内幕 是那种内幕深处的内幕 |
[51:26] | Now, correct me if I’m wrong, | 所以 恕我直言 |
[51:28] | But that is not you at this point. | 你的内容还没到那个等级 |
[52:05] | Carl, this isn’t right. | 卡尔 这不对啊 |
[52:08] | I need the number for the admiral’s flag aide. | 我要的是海军上将助手的电话 |
[52:12] | Goddamn it. | 该死 |
[52:14] | Carl, did you hear me? | 卡尔 听到了吗 |
[52:17] | I love your poster. | 我很喜欢这张照片 |
[52:21] | Oh, well, this isn’t my office. | 其实这不是我的办公室 |
[52:23] | There are fumes in my cubicle. | 我的隔间里有臭味 |
[52:31] | What’s happening? | 你怎么了 |
[52:34] | Do you work here? | 你是这里的吗 |
[52:36] | Oh, um, yeah. | 对 |
[52:39] | Uh, temporarily. | 暂时在这里 |
[52:41] | I’m Monica. | 我叫莫妮卡 |
[52:42] | I just got transferred from the White House. | 刚从白宫调过来 |
[52:47] | Where in the White House? | 白宫哪个部门 |
[52:48] | Kind of all over… East Wing, West Wing. | 基本上所有部门都待过 东厢 西厢 |
[52:51] | I started as an intern | 一开始是实习生 |
[52:52] | and then I got hired by Legislative Affairs. | 后来被立法事务办录用 |
[53:00] | We’re out of creamer. | 奶油没了 |
[53:04] | You must be someone’s pet rock. | 你肯定是某人的“宠物石” |
[53:08] | What’s a pet rock? | 什么意思 |
[53:09] | It just means Somebody in the White House is looking out for you. | 也就是说 白宫有人在罩着你 |
[53:12] | It doesn’t feel like it. | 不是那样的 |
[53:13] | Confidential assistant to the assistant secretary. | 副部长的机要助理 |
[53:15] | And you’re so young. | 而且这么年轻 |
[53:17] | I’m about to turn 23. | 我快23岁了 |
[53:18] | – That’s not young? – Not to me. | – 这还不算年轻 – 对我来说不算 |
[53:20] | Oh, God, of course not. Look at you. | 说的也是 瞧瞧你 |
[53:22] | You have the life experience of a zygote. | 你有人小鬼大的素质 |
[53:24] | Just know, not a few people in that office covet your job. | 你的岗位可有不少人觊觎啊 |
[53:27] | Well, they can have it. I’m going back in a few months. | 想要就拿去 反正过几个月我就回去了 |
[53:31] | – To the White House? – Not like it was my idea. | – 回白宫 – 我也不想这样折腾 |
[53:34] | Why did they transfer you? | 他们为何调你过来 |
[53:39] | Um, I don’t know. It’s a whole thing. | 不知道 这事说不清楚 |
[53:43] | I just wish I’d brought from home. | 但愿我也能从家里带饭来 |
[53:45] | Weight Watchers makes these amazing meals you can microwave. | “慧俪轻体”的微波炉美食很棒 |
[53:48] | Oh, I have seen those at Safeway. | 我在西夫韦超市见过 |
[53:50] | They’re low-fat, so you don’t want to kill yourself later. | 全是低脂的 吃了不会发胖 |
[53:52] | – Oh, like you need to worry. – Are you kidding? | – 你不用担心这个 – 你开玩笑 |
[53:54] | You’re gorgeous. | 你这么漂亮 |
[53:55] | Not in Beverly Hills. | 以前可不漂亮 |
[53:56] | Second grade, they called me Big Mac. | 二年级时 他们叫我“巨无霸” |
[53:59] | My high school, they called me Gus. | 我高中时 他们叫我“古斯” |
[54:02] | Gus? | 古斯 |
[54:05] | Why? What does that mean? | 为什么 它什么意思 |
[54:07] | I don’t know. Nobody ever explained. | 我也不知道 没人跟我解释过 |
[54:12] | Well, joke’s on them, Linda. | 可笑的是他们 琳达 |
[54:14] | Look at us. We’re on top of the world. | 瞧 我们现在正位于世界之巅 |
[54:17] | Oh, just kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[54:20] | I cried myself to sleep every night this week. | 这周我每晚都是哭着入睡的 |
[54:22] | I don’t want to be here. | 我不想待在这里 |
[54:23] | No one wants to be here, | 没人想待在这里 |
[54:24] | but listen, if I can put on my wisdom hat: | 但要是我的话还有作用 你听着 |
[54:27] | you said this was temporary. | 你说过这是暂时的 |
[54:29] | You know? I can tell you’re very bright. | 知道吗? 我觉得你很聪明 |
[54:31] | – So bright, I got myself exiled. – Temporarily. | – 真聪明 都被发配到这里了 – 暂时的 |
[54:34] | You can endure anything knowing it has an end. | 只要有盼头 任何磨难都能忍受 |
[54:36] | I know there’s nowhere like the West Wing. | 没有任何地方能胜过西厢 |
[54:39] | Believe me, | 相信我 |
[54:40] | I know. | 我很了解 |
[54:42] | Where were you when you were there? | 那时你在哪儿工作 |
[54:43] | My last stop was the counsel’s office. | 我最后是在法律顾问办工作 |
[54:45] | We touched everything at a very high level. | 经手的都是高层事务 |
[54:47] | I was the last person to see Vince Foster alive. | 我是最后一个看到福斯特活着的人 |
[54:50] | Oh, wow. | 哇哦 |
[54:51] | Before that, during Bush, | 这之前 布什执政时 |
[54:53] | I was on a desk right outside the Oval. | 我就坐在总统办公室门外 |
[54:55] | Why was I sent to the counsel’s office? | 我为何会被调往顾问办? |
[54:56] | Well, back in ’93, I was very trim. | 九三年时 我还很苗条 |
[54:58] | I have reason to believe Hillary didn’t want me near the president, | 我相信是希拉里不想让我离总统太近 |
[55:01] | if you know what I mean. | 懂我的意思吧 |
[55:03] | Of course, nothing was worse than the day I was sent here. | 当然 最惨是被发配到这里 |
[55:05] | Stabbed in the back by a fair-weather friend. | 被一个自私的朋友背后捅刀所害 |
[55:08] | I won’t say more. | 我不想再说了 |
[55:11] | – Sounds awful. – It was. | – 真可怕 – 确实 |
[55:14] | It was. Loyalty is very important to me. | 所以我很在意朋友间的忠诚 |
[55:17] | Fair-weather or not, I miss having friends in Washington. | 不管怎样 我还是很怀念华府的朋友 |
[55:20] | Most of my intern class left town When they weren’t hired, | 实习班的同学大都因没被录用而走了 |
[55:24] | and D.C. gets lonely fast. | 华府一下子就变得冷清了 |
[55:28] | Well, now you and I can be miserable together. | 我俩现在可以共患难了 |
[55:31] | Although, | 但是 |
[55:33] | have to say, you’re such a knockout, | 不得不说 你长得真漂亮 |
[55:35] | I just assumed you’d be dating some big D.C. Player. | 你肯定和华府的某个大佬在恋爱吧 |
[55:39] | What? | 什么? |
[55:40] | – I’m not dating. – Why not? | – 我没有恋爱 – 为何不恋爱 |
[55:44] | I’m kind of in something. | 我现在有点忙 |
[55:46] | And yet you feel lonely. | 但你依然觉得很孤独 |
[55:48] | Yes, affirmative. | 确实 我承认 |
[55:49] | Well, that’s no good. | 那可不太妙 |
[55:53] | Tell me about him. | 和我谈谈他吧 |
[55:56] | It’s, uh, it’s just he’s, um, unavailable. | 其实就是 我们之间是不可能的 |
[56:00] | Someone long-distance. | 是遥远的异地恋? |
[56:03] | Someone from work. | 是同事? |
[56:07] | Someone important? | 而且是个大人物? |
[56:12] | Is that why they sent you here? | 所以他们才把你调过来? |
[56:15] | We should get back, right? | 我们该回去了吧? |
[56:17] | – Let me let you in on a little secret. – Mm, tell me. | – 向你透露点这里的小秘密吧 – 说吧 |
[56:20] | That’s Stephen. | 他是斯蒂芬 |
[56:21] | Some major custody battle going on. | 正在争夺抚养权呢 |
[56:24] | Willie is a schmuck. He’s completely ineffective. | 那个威利是个蠢货 很无能 |
[56:27] | Hi, Brenda. | 你好 布伦达 |
[56:29] | She’s going to loathe you since you’re pretty and connected. | 她会嫉妒你的 因为你既漂亮又有后台 |
[56:33] | That’s Colleen. | 那位是科琳 |
[56:35] | Apparently, she’s got the herps both upstairs and down. | 很显然她全身长满疱疹 |
[56:37] | And you know what? She’s also from Los Angeles. | 知道吗 她也来自洛杉矶 |
[56:39] | – Oh, really? Where? – I think she said Glendale. | – 是吗 洛杉矶哪里? – 说是格兰岱尔 |
[56:41] | – Is that it? – Glendale’s never it. | – 那是洛杉矶吗 – 根本不是 |
[56:45] | Okay, now that’s Susan, my cubicle mate. She’s sick. | 那是苏珊 和我在同一隔间里 这人有病 |
[56:48] | Oh, no. | 不会吧 |
[56:48] | No, I-I mean she’s deranged. | 我的意思是 她精神不正常 |
[56:50] | Don’t make eye contact. Monica, don’t. | 别去看她 莫妮卡 别看 |
[56:53] | Okay, this is me. | 这是我的位置 |
[56:55] | Oh. Well, you know where I am. | 我的位置你也知道了 |
[56:57] | Almost neighbors. | 我们离得真近 |
[56:59] | I should really get back to it. | 我得继续工作了 |
[57:01] | Look at all the rules they have about printers. | 打印机的这些规定真烦人 |
[57:03] | Look at you, busy bee. | 瞧你这个大忙人 |
[57:05] | What are you doing on your calendar? | 你的日历上都写了啥啊? |
[57:09] | I-I’m insane. | 我是个疯子 |
[57:21] | It’s a countdown. | 你是在倒计时 |
[57:28] | That’s when you go back. | 到那天你就能回去了 |
[57:31] | I have been dreading this so much, | 我对此一直很害怕 |
[57:32] | But I feel so much better after today. | 但今天过后我不会那么怕了 |
[57:36] | You know, | 知道吗 |
[57:38] | I have always wanted to try the, um, After-Work Specials | 我一直想去尝尝那个”下班特色美食” |
[57:42] | over by Pentagon City. You want to get a drink? | 就在五角市里 想不想去喝一杯? |
[57:46] | I can’t tonight. Maybe Monday? | 今晚不行 周一怎么样? |
[57:48] | Sure. | 可以 |
[57:51] | It’s a date. | 那就说定了 |
[58:58] | What you got? | 是什么故事 |
[59:00] | What’s your definition of inside inside? | 你对”内幕深处的内幕”是如何定义的? |
[59:05] | – Hello? – Hey. | – 喂 – 你好 |
[59:09] | Hi, handsome. | 你好啊 帅哥 |
[59:13] | How was your first day? | 上班第一天过得怎么样? |