时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | It’s great you guys won. | 你们赢了球当然是好事 |
[00:07] | I’m just saying you should pass more. | 我只是说你们该多传球的 |
[00:08] | I think I… I don’t think I should pass. | 我不觉得我该传球 |
[00:10] | – I want to make the goals. – You’re being a ball hog. | -我想进球 -你个球霸 |
[00:13] | – All right… I-I said… – You’re a ball hog. | -好了 -你才球霸呢 |
[00:15] | Oh, man. Hey, guys, guys. | 天呐 各位 |
[00:17] | Are you sure you don’t want to eat somewhere else? | 你们真的不想去别处吃饭吗 |
[00:19] | – No. Chin Chin! – No, Chin Chin! | -不要 就要这里 -不要 就要这里 |
[00:20] | – Daddy, we love chin chin! – Okay. All right. | -爸爸 我们喜欢这里 -好吧 |
[00:22] | It’s just, it’s father’s day, | 今天是父亲节 |
[00:23] | so it’s a bit crowded. | 所以人挺多的 |
[00:24] | Excuse me. Come on. | 借过 走吧 |
[00:27] | Excuse me. Sorry. | 借过 抱歉 |
[00:28] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[00:32] | Excuse me. | 打扰 |
[00:33] | – I’m sorry. – We’ll get you right… Yes? | -抱歉 -会排到的 什么事 |
[00:34] | – How long would it be for a party of five? – Oh, my god. | -五个人需要等多久 -天呐 |
[00:37] | – Oh, my god. – Oh, my god. | -天呐 -天呐 |
[00:38] | – You’re Richard Cordovian. – My god, you’re the O.J. guy. | -你是理查德·卡多韦恩 -你是OJ那朋友 |
[00:41] | – I’m-I’m Robert Kardashian. – Oh, my god. Yes! | -我叫罗伯特·卡戴珊 -天呐 没错 |
[00:44] | – I knew it! – No way! No way! | -我就知道 -不会吧 |
[00:46] | This is so cool. Come this way. | 这太酷了 这边来 |
[00:48] | You can have whatever table you want. | 你想坐哪张桌子都行 |
[00:50] | What? | 什么 |
[00:52] | We don’t even have to wait! | 我们都不用排队 |
[00:55] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[01:00] | What do you say, kids? | 该说什么 孩子们 |
[01:02] | – Thank you. – Thank you so much. | -谢谢 -非常感谢 |
[01:03] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[01:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:06] | Oh, my god, you’re Richard Cordovian! | 天呐 你是理查德·卡多韦恩 |
[01:08] | – I knew it! I knew it! – Okay, okay. | -我就知道 -行了 |
[01:17] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[01:18] | Do you think O.J. did it? | 你觉得是OJ干的吗 |
[01:21] | No, of course not. | 当然不是 |
[01:23] | You know Uncle Juice. | 你们认识果汁叔叔 |
[01:24] | You know he would never hurt anyone. | 你们知道他是不会伤害任何人的 |
[01:25] | Well, mom says he did. | 妈妈说是他干的 |
[01:27] | Look, your mother… | 你妈妈 |
[01:28] | your mother’s very emotional right now. | 你妈妈现在情绪很激动 |
[01:30] | And I understand that; she lost Nicole. | 这我理解 她失去了妮可 |
[01:33] | We all lost Nicole. | 我们都失去了她 |
[01:36] | But… | 但是 |
[01:36] | She shouldn’t be talking to you about these things. | 她不该跟你们说这些事 |
[01:39] | Why? The entire universe is talking about it. | 为什么 整个世界都在谈论这事 |
[01:42] | And people ask me about it all day. | 而且每天有人问我这些事 |
[01:44] | I mean, he is my godfather. | 他是我教父啊 |
[01:47] | That’s right, he is, and your Uncle Juice… | 是啊 没错 你们果汁叔叔 |
[01:49] | your Uncle Juice is a good man. | 你们果汁叔叔是个好人 |
[01:52] | In fact, I’m gonna tell the whole world exactly that on tv. | 事实上 我要在电视上对全世界这么说 |
[01:55] | Barbara Walters called me. | 芭芭拉·沃特兹找过我 |
[01:56] | – Barbara Walters? – Yeah. | -芭芭拉·沃特兹 -对 |
[01:58] | – She knows you? – She talked to mom and Bruce, too. | -她认识你 -她也采访过妈妈和布鲁斯 |
[02:00] | Bruce is famous! He won the olympics! | 布鲁斯很有名 他拿过奥运会奖牌 |
[02:02] | Bruce and mom sell thighmasters on tv, | 布鲁斯和妈妈在电视上卖腿媚施 |
[02:03] | so that means that they’re both famous. | 所以他们都很有名 |
[02:05] | – Dad, why are you famous? – I’m not. | -爸爸 你为什么有名 -我不有名 |
[02:07] | L… Listen, guys, listen to me. | 听我说 |
[02:11] | Look, you know your grandparents. | 你们知道你们的祖父母 |
[02:13] | You know me, and what I try to pass on to you. | 也知道我 和我想让你们传承什么 |
[02:16] | We are Kardashians. | 我们是卡戴珊 |
[02:17] | And in this family, being a good person | 在这个家庭 做个好人 |
[02:20] | and a loyal friend is more important than… | 做个好朋友比 |
[02:22] | than being famous. | 出名重要 |
[02:24] | Fame is fleeting. It’s hollow. | 名声是空洞的 短暂的 |
[02:26] | It means nothing at all without a virtuous heart. | 没有善良 名声毫无意义 |
[02:36] | Give me two eggrolls. | 给我两个蛋卷 |
[02:36] | – Don’t… – I-I’m not starting out with one. | -别 -我一定要一个 |
[02:39] | One for dad. Do you want one, dad? | 给爸爸一个 你要吗 爸爸 |
[02:41] | – Yes. Thank you. – Okay. | -好 谢谢 -好 |
[02:56] | This feels like the story of the year. | 这感觉像是年度新闻 |
[02:58] | We all agree the mug shot is our cover? | 都同意用入狱照做封面吗 |
[02:59] | But it’ll be in every daily, | 但所有日报都会登的 |
[03:01] | so by the time we hit the stands, | 等我们上架时 |
[03:02] | this shot will be old news. | 这张照片就不新鲜了 |
[03:03] | So we need to jazz it up; we need something dramatic. | 我们得更进一步 我们需要戏剧化的东西 |
[03:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:06] | All right, try something like noir, | 试试黑色 |
[03:08] | intrigue. | 阴谋的风格 |
[03:10] | I could add a bit of chiaroscuro. | 我可以用上明暗对比 |
[03:13] | Heavy shadow. Like Rembrandt. | 重阴影 像伦勃朗那样 |
[03:15] | My god, that’s great. | 天呐 太棒了 |
[03:16] | Yeah. That pops. | 是啊 很醒目 |
[03:18] | He really looks trapped. | 他看上去像个困兽 |
[03:20] | Haunted. | 受到困扰 |
[03:21] | The falling of an idol. | 偶像的陨落 |
[03:39] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[03:40] | I’m deputy district attorney Marcia Clark, | 我是副地方检察官玛莎·克拉克 |
[03:42] | and what I will outline for you today | 我今天将为大家说明 |
[03:44] | are my office’s charges against Mr. Orenthal James Simpson | 我部针对妮可·布朗·辛普森和罗纳德·莱尔·戈德曼 |
[03:47] | in the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson | 于1994年6月12日晚被杀一案 |
[03:49] | and Mr. Ronald Lyle Goldman on the evening of June 12, 1994. | 对奥伦瑟·詹姆斯·辛普森提出的指控 |
[03:53] | I think the facts speak for themselves. | 我认为事实不言自明 |
[03:55] | Simpson’s blood was found at Bundy. | 邦迪大道的房内发现了辛普森的血 |
[03:57] | Nicole’s blood was found at Rockingham. | 而罗金厄姆则发现了妮可的血 |
[03:59] | And both Nicole and Ronald’s blood were found in the Bronco. | 野马车里发现了妮可和罗纳德的血迹 |
[04:03] | Simpson will be charged with the premeditated deaths | 辛普森将被起诉预谋杀害 |
[04:05] | of both victims, | 两名被害人 |
[04:06] | and that is precisely what we will prove. | 我们也将证实这一点 |
[04:08] | What about the Bronco chase? | 那么野马追车事件呢 |
[04:09] | Do you think he was escaping to Mexico? | 你认为他当时是想逃去墨西哥吗 |
[04:11] | Are there plans to charge anyone else? | 是否打算起诉其他人 |
[04:12] | Mr. Simpson is charged alone, | 只有辛普森先生被起诉 |
[04:14] | because he is the sole murderer. | 因为他是唯一的杀人犯 |
[04:16] | Is death penalty on the table? | 是否会考虑死刑 |
[04:17] | I’d say everything is on the table. | 我认为一切皆有可能 |
[04:22] | Any other questions? | 还有其他问题吗 |
[04:30] | Great job. | 干得好 |
[04:35] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[04:36] | – A star is born. – Thank you. | -明星诞生了 -谢谢 |
[04:38] | But with this kind of physical evidence | 但有这样的物证 |
[04:40] | and a run for the border, he practically did my job for me. | 加上潜逃企图 他基本上把工作都替我做了 |
[04:46] | Can I have your autograph? | 能给我签个名吗 |
[04:48] | Oh, shut up. | 得了 |
[04:49] | You love all this. | 你得意着呢吧 |
[04:51] | Just think, a year ago, you wouldn’t even have been here; | 想想看 一年前 你都不会在这里 |
[04:54] | you were a supervisor. | 你是监管人 |
[04:55] | Gil said I must be the first civil servant | 吉尔说我肯定是第一个 |
[04:57] | to ever ask for a demotion. | 要求降职的公职人员 |
[04:59] | – It’s back to the courtroom. – Trial junkie. | -回法庭喽 -庭审上瘾 |
[05:01] | Mm, it’s better than sex. | 比做爱棒多了 |
[05:28] | Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! | 该死 该死 该死 |
[05:38] | Linda? | 琳达 |
[05:39] | Get me F. Lee Bailey on the phone. | 给我接F·李·贝利 |
[05:44] | It’s ringing. | 在响了 |
[05:47] | Lee. It’s Bob. | 李 是鲍勃 |
[05:51] | Well, I’ve been better. | 不怎么好 |
[05:54] | No, I am not crawling. | 不 我才没那么惨 |
[05:56] | I’m inquiring. | 我在调查 |
[05:59] | How soon could you get out here? | 你多快能赶过来 |
[06:03] | Lee, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate | 李 你不知道我多么感激 |
[06:07] | your dropping everything and flying out here. | 你放下一切飞过来 |
[06:09] | It means the world to me. | 这对我来说非常重要 |
[06:11] | What, and miss the party? | 难道要错过这场派对吗 |
[06:15] | Wowsie. | 老天爷 |
[06:16] | You’re sure up a creek of high-grade manure. | 你真是深陷一滩屎里 |
[06:19] | How are the boys? How is Linell? | 孩子们怎么样了 林奈尔怎么样了 |
[06:22] | Everyone’s good, they’re bad, they’re… | 大家都好 都坏 都… |
[06:25] | I-I don’t know. I can’t think. | 我不知道 我无法思考 |
[06:27] | There’s a streak of blood going from the murder scene | 从凶杀现场到OJ卧室的地毯 |
[06:30] | right to O.J.’s carpet in his bedroom; | 有一大条血迹 |
[06:32] | and then there’s the gloves, and then he runs. | 然后还有手套 然后他还逃跑了 |
[06:35] | He gets into that stupid Bronco and he runs. | 他上了那台破野马 逃了 |
[06:38] | Yeah, I caught that on the news. | 是啊 我在新闻上看到了 |
[06:41] | You know, my most famous client ran– Sam Sheppard. | 我最著名的一位委托人也跑了 萨姆·谢泼德 |
[06:44] | He ran because he was innocent. | 他跑是因为他是无辜的 |
[06:46] | Everyone prejudged him, but I got him off. | 人人都急着认定他有罪 但我帮他脱罪了 |
[06:48] | I know. I saw the movie, Lee. | 我知道 我看过那部电影 李 |
[06:51] | But this is what I’m up against. Watch this. | 但这是我要面对的 看啊 |
[06:53] | Every channel. It doesn’t matter. | 每个台都这样 毫无区别 |
[06:56] | I’ve never seen a more obvious case of guilt. | 我从没见过比这更明显的有罪之人 |
[06:58] | Uh, if Simpson is innocent, Geraldo… | 如果辛普森是无辜的 杰拉尔多 |
[07:00] | Alan Dershowitz, in all your years, | 亚伦·德萧维奇[律师] 你这么多年来 |
[07:02] | have you ever seen a sensational, tragic case like this? | 可见过如此轰动的惨案 |
[07:06] | In a short word, Larry, no. | 简单说 拉里 没有 |
[07:09] | The evidence against Simpson is overwhelming. | 对辛普森不利的证据太多了 |
[07:12] | All right, Alan, what about a plea deal? | 好吧 亚伦 那么认罪协议呢 |
[07:14] | Could that be in the cards? | 那有可能吗 |
[07:15] | Larry, settling is Robert Shapiro’s specialty, | 拉里 和解是罗伯特·夏皮罗的专长 |
[07:18] | much more than actually trying cases in a courtroom. | 比上庭审案要擅长得多 |
[07:20] | But with a vicious double murder, | 但这样残忍的双尸案 |
[07:22] | then Simpson attempting escape, no. | 加上辛普森逃跑企图 不行 |
[07:25] | O.J. Simpson is gonna stand trial | OJ·辛普森必然要 |
[07:26] | for two counts of murder one, maybe special circumstances. | 为两起一级谋杀受审 或许还会考虑特殊情况 |
[07:29] | Aw, go to hell, Dershowitz! | 去死吧 德萧维奇 |
[07:33] | Do you see what I’m up against here? | 看到我的窘境了吗 |
[07:35] | They’ve got me down as the schmuck | 他们把我描绘成那个 |
[07:37] | that’ll walk O.J. to the gas chamber, | 送OJ进毒气室的白痴 |
[07:38] | and then the most famous lawyer in the whole country | 国内最著名的律师 |
[07:41] | is gonna dictate and narrate it on Larry King Live. | 还要在《拉里金实况广播》上讲评出来 |
[07:46] | You think Alan’s the most famous lawyer in the country? | 你觉得亚伦是国内最著名的律师吗 |
[07:51] | Thank god he’s so photogenic. | 幸好他上镜 |
[07:54] | How do I shut him up? | 我怎么堵住他的嘴 |
[07:55] | How do you shut Dershowitz up? | 怎么堵住德萧维奇的嘴 |
[07:59] | I like Alan, but he’s a smug son of a bitch. | 我喜欢亚伦 但他是个自大狂 |
[08:01] | Every 15th word is “Harvard.” | 说话必提到”哈佛” |
[08:05] | Look… | 听我说 |
[08:07] | There’s only one way to shut up Dershowitz. | 想让德萧维奇闭嘴只有一个办法 |
[08:11] | Hire him. | 雇佣他 |
[08:15] | Oh, trust me, it’ll be better here. | 相信我 这里更好 |
[08:17] | But he killed them | 但他行凶的地方 |
[08:18] | five minutes from the Santa Monica courthouse. | 离圣塔莫尼卡法院近得很啊 |
[08:20] | Yeah, I know, I know, but we can’t ask them | 我知道 但我们不能让他们 |
[08:22] | to move the trial to Santa Monica. | 把审判定在圣塔莫尼卡 |
[08:24] | And they’re way behind fixing the earthquake damage, | 他们修复地震损失的工程远远落后 |
[08:26] | and the media room’s dinky; it’s downtown. | 媒体室也很暗 得在市区 |
[08:29] | There’ll be room for everybody. | 到时大家都有地方 |
[08:30] | That way, we can handle the press, | 这样我们能控制好媒体 |
[08:32] | we have our offices and resources down here. | 我们的人力都在这边 |
[08:35] | Plus, the optics are a million times better. | 再者 看上去也好很多 |
[08:39] | The “optics”? | 看上去 |
[08:41] | What’s an optic? | 那是什么 |
[08:42] | Marcia. | 玛莎 |
[08:44] | I have a black voting base. | 我有黑人选民 |
[08:45] | I can’t risk getting an all-white jury. | 不能搞出全白的陪审团 |
[08:47] | I don’t want to hear the words “Rodney King” | 我再也不想听到”罗德尼·金”和 |
[08:48] | – or “Simi Valley” ever again. – I don’t know. | -“西米谷市”的字眼了 -我说不好 |
[08:51] | Doesn’t Simpson deserve a jury of his peers? | 辛普森不是该由同类做陪审员吗 |
[08:54] | You know, rich, middle-aged white men? | 比如中年有钱的白人男性 |
[08:56] | – Marcia… – I’m kidding. | -玛莎 -我开玩笑的 |
[08:58] | It’s the truth, but I’m kidding. | 这是实话 但我是开玩笑 |
[09:01] | Anyhow, downtown is fine by me. | 不管怎样 我不介意去市区 |
[09:04] | I’ve won 19 out of 20 homicide trials here. | 我在这儿打了20场凶案官司19赢 |
[09:07] | Yeah, that’s great. | 是啊 很棒 |
[09:08] | This office tries tens of thousands of cases; | 这个办公室审过数以万计的案子 |
[09:10] | people only pay attention to a couple of the loud ones. | 而人们只关注几个名气大的 |
[09:13] | We have a winning hand. | 我们现在情况利好 |
[09:16] | Let’s make everyone look good. | 我们让大家都有光吧 |
[09:22] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[09:23] | Alan! | 亚伦 |
[09:26] | Come in. | 请进 |
[09:26] | Bob! How are you? | 鲍勃 你好啊 |
[09:29] | Lee! Long time! | 李 好久不见 |
[09:31] | Alan. | 亚伦 |
[09:33] | – And, uh… – Robert Kardashian. | -还有 -罗伯特·卡戴珊 |
[09:35] | Right. Glad to meet you. | 是啊 见到你很高兴 |
[09:37] | Everyone, this is Barry Scheck. | 大家 这位是巴里·夏克 |
[09:39] | Best DNA mind in the business. | 业内最棒的DNA专家 |
[09:41] | Ooh, DNA. To be 30 again. New guard, meet old guard. | DNA 重回青春啊 新人见旧人 |
[09:44] | – This is Pat Mckenna, our lead investigator. – Pat. | -这位是帕特·麦肯纳 我们的主调查员 -你好 |
[09:47] | He can go down and dirty; he’s dug for the best. | 他可以不择手段 为最棒的人干过活儿 |
[09:49] | All right, enough of the intros. | 好了 介绍够了 |
[09:50] | Alan, made a reservation for lunch at Spago’s. | 亚伦 在膳朵餐厅预定了位子 |
[09:53] | Yeah, do you mind terribly If we skipped lunch | 嗯 我们能不能别吃午饭了 |
[09:55] | and just worked through the afternoon? | 直接干一下午 |
[09:56] | I got a lot to cover, and I’m on a 5:30 back to Boston. | 我有很多事要做 5:30还得回波士顿呢 |
[10:00] | – Really? – Yeah, that’s how this is gonna work. | -是吗 -是的 这事就这样 |
[10:03] | I’ll come out often, but my manpower’s back at Harvard. | 我会经常来 但我的人力在哈佛 |
[10:07] | Harvard. | 哈佛啊 |
[10:09] | So, then, the first week | 那么第一周的 |
[10:10] | culminates with Simpson deciding to make a run for it | 高潮是辛普森的跑路 |
[10:13] | – while under your supervision… – Careful. | -而且是在你的监控下 -小心 |
[10:15] | …Leaving behind a letter that sounds like | 留下了一封貌似 |
[10:18] | an admission of guilt, that you guys, | 是认罪信的信 而你们 |
[10:20] | for some mystifying reason, read aloud on television. | 不知为何 在电视上读了出来 |
[10:23] | Bob thought it was a good idea. | 鲍勃觉得那是个好主意 |
[10:24] | No, no, wait, wait. | 不不 等等 |
[10:26] | Why did you say that? | 你为什么那么说 |
[10:27] | You don’t know what it was like that day. | 你不知道那天的情况 |
[10:29] | You weren’t there. | 你不在场 |
[10:30] | Of course. And I’m here to help, not to judge. | 当然 我是来帮忙 不是来指责你的 |
[10:32] | Oh, you are here to judge. What was that? | 你就是来指责我的 那算什么 |
[10:34] | – What was all that? – Bob, | -那算怎么回事 -鲍勃 |
[10:35] | you have to move fast. Your client, | 你得迅速行动 你的委托人 |
[10:37] | his goodwill, all of his popularity | 他的善良 他的人气 |
[10:39] | and accomplishments, it’s a depreciating asset. | 他的成就 是在贬值的资产 |
[10:42] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:44] | Right now, he’s sort of like this handsome, | 现在 他是个帅气 |
[10:46] | gifted Greek god laid low. | 被击倒的 天赋异禀的希腊神 |
[10:49] | It’s a tragedy. | 充满悲剧色彩 |
[10:50] | But he’s still a Greek god. | 但他依然是个希腊神般的人物 |
[10:52] | The longer he sits in that cell, | 他在监牢里待得越久 |
[10:55] | the more the public sees him in a jumpsuit and cuffs, | 越多地被公众看到身着囚衣 手戴镣铐 |
[10:58] | the more mortal he becomes. | 他就越像是个凡人 |
[11:00] | That’s the clock we’re fighting. | 所以我们必须抓紧时间 |
[11:01] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[11:02] | He’s never gonna stop being The Juice. | 他永远都会是”果汁” |
[11:07] | All right, you know what, time is short, | 好了 时间不多了 |
[11:08] | so let’s get the overwhelming physical evidence, | 来看看这些大量的物证 |
[11:11] | all of which seems to support the conclusion that O.J. did it. | 这些证据似乎都证明就是OJ干的 |
[11:14] | Okay, we understand that, so why don’t you tell us | 好吧 我们明白 不如你告诉我们一些 |
[11:17] | something we don’t know. | 我们不知道的事情 |
[11:18] | Why don’t you suggest something. | 为何不提点建议呢 |
[11:23] | Barry. | 巴里 |
[11:25] | Well, how much do you gentlemen know about DNA evidence? | 各位对DNA证据究竟了解多少 |
[11:28] | Pretend not much. | 就当我们不了解好了 |
[11:29] | That’s okay, ’cause not a lot of people do. | 没关系 因为多数人都不了解 |
[11:31] | But it is on the verge of revolutionizing Criminal Law. | 但它即将带来刑法上的大变革 |
[11:34] | In a couple years, it will be at the crux of | 几年之后 它会成为任何没有目击证人 |
[11:36] | any case of violence without eyewitnesses. | 案件中的重要证据 |
[11:38] | Okay, can you see DNA through a microscope? | 那好 在显微镜下能看到DNA吗 |
[11:41] | No, no. A DNA molecule’s about two nanometers in width, | 看不到 DNA分子只有二毫微米宽 |
[11:44] | whereas, like, a human hair’s about 80,000 nanometers, | 而人的头发有八万毫微米宽 |
[11:46] | so it presents representationally | 所以它只能在原子显微镜下 |
[11:48] | with electrons and scanning-tunneling, | 通过电子和穿梭式扫描 |
[11:50] | – atomic force microscopes… – Okay, | -呈现出来… -好了 |
[11:51] | okay, okay, cut to the… cut to the quick. | 好了 长话短说吧 |
[11:54] | Can you use DNA to show that it’s someone else? | 你能用DNA来证明是别人做的吗 |
[11:57] | Not at all. I mean, the chances of-of | 绝不可能 我的意思是 |
[11:59] | one individual’s DNA profile matching another person’s | 一份DNA基因图谱跟另一份相符的几率 |
[12:02] | are extremely small. | 极其渺小 |
[12:03] | It’s roughly one in a billion. | 基本上是十亿分之一 |
[12:05] | Great. We’re screwed. | 好极了 我们完蛋了 |
[12:07] | Wh-what’s your contribution here, anyway? | 要你到底有什么用 |
[12:09] | – Why-why are you here? – Hold on. Bob, you’re so emotional. | -你干什么吃的 -等等鲍勃 你真爱冲动 |
[12:12] | – Aw, come on, come on, so are you. – Barry, Barry… | -得了吧 你不也是嘛 -巴里 |
[12:13] | Barry, clarify your strategy. | 巴里 讲出你的策略 |
[12:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:18] | I’m not going to contest the DNA matches. | 我不是去争论DNA是否相符 |
[12:21] | I’m going to keep them out of court entirely. | 我是要让法庭无法使用那些证据 |
[12:28] | If it can be shown that there may have been errors | 如果能证实原告的DNA分析样本 |
[12:31] | in the collection or the handling | 在采集或移交的过程中 |
[12:33] | of the samples used for the prosecution’s DNA analysis, | 有可能会出现偏差 |
[12:36] | we can contest the validity of the evidence itself. | 我们就能质疑证据本身的合法性 |
[12:39] | At best, we get some of it thrown out, | 最好的结果是 一部分证据会失效 |
[12:41] | and at worst, we get the jury to question it, the very idea. | 最差的结果 我们也会让陪审团产生质疑 |
[12:44] | We will attack every assumption, | 我们会攻击每一种推断 |
[12:48] | question every single molecule of evidence, | 质疑每一份物证 |
[12:50] | every aspect of how that molecule was gathered, | 那物证是如何被采集 被移交 |
[12:52] | handled and analyzed. | 和被分析的 |
[12:54] | We will disrupt their presentation | 我们要破坏他们每个环节 |
[12:56] | of physical evidence at every turn. | 呈上法庭的物证 |
[12:57] | We will hack at them. | 我们要搞垮他们 |
[13:00] | Make every piece of evidence presented either thrown out, | 要让呈上法庭的每件物证 要么作废 |
[13:03] | untrustworthy or confusing. | 要么让人产生质疑或者迷惑 |
[13:05] | No quarter. | 毫不手软 |
[13:14] | Oh, boy. | 天呐 |
[13:15] | I better get going. | 我该走了 |
[13:19] | I never thought I’d say this, | 从没想到我会这样说 |
[13:20] | but I like the nerd science guy. | 不过我喜欢那个神经质的科学怪人 |
[13:22] | Mm, but he’s esoteric, and we also have to think | 不过他说得内行人能明白 我们还必须 |
[13:24] | about the things in the physical world, | 考虑能让外界都明白的东西 |
[13:26] | things we can see with our own eyeballs. | 那些能用肉眼看到的东西 |
[13:28] | What do you got, Pat? | 你有什么进展 帕特 |
[13:29] | So far, nothing I can sink my teeth into. | 目前还没有值得研究的东西 |
[13:31] | All I’ve seen is the LAPD acting like they’re O.J.’s butler. | 我知道的就是洛杉矶警局就像OJ的管家一样 |
[13:34] | “Would you like a police escort home?” | “要不要警员护送你回家” |
[13:35] | “Could we get you some juice, Juice?” | “想喝点果汁吗 果汁先生” |
[13:37] | I do know one of the detectives a little. | 不过我认识其中一位警探 |
[13:39] | Worked with him once doing security for Johnny Carson. | 保护约翰尼·卡森时与他合作过 |
[13:42] | Mark Fuhrman. | 马克·福尔曼 |
[13:43] | Total prick. | 是个笨蛋 |
[13:44] | Really unpleasant. | 很讨人厌 |
[13:47] | Johnny never asked him back. | 约翰尼很讨厌他 |
[13:48] | Really? Johnny never asked him back? | 是吗 约翰尼讨厌他是吗 |
[13:50] | That’s interesting. What, Foreman? | 有意思 他叫什么 |
[13:53] | – Mark Fuhrman. – Fuhrman. Yeah. | -马克·福尔曼 -对 福尔曼 |
[13:55] | Yeah, dig deep. Let me know what happens. | 去跟进一下 有进展告诉我 |
[13:59] | “Dream team”? Give me a break. | “梦幻阵容” 得了吧 |
[14:01] | Bob Shapiro is a settler. | 鲍勃·夏皮罗就是个和解人 |
[14:03] | Gets the big fee, cuts the deal, doesn’t go to trial. | 出高价 订协议 不用受审 |
[14:05] | And when’s the last time Lee Bailey | 李·贝利除了喝酒比赛 |
[14:07] | won more than a drinking game? | 还赢过什么 |
[14:10] | Did you know Shapiro represented Bailey | 知道吗 夏皮罗为贝利辩护过 |
[14:11] | in the longest drunk-driving trial in American history? | 美国历史上最长的酒驾案件吗 |
[14:15] | It’s true, 11 days. | 是真的 足足11天 |
[14:16] | Dershowitz– appeals expert, | 德萧维奇是个上诉专家 |
[14:18] | which tells you they’re assuming conviction. | 也就是说他们假定认罪 |
[14:20] | Kardashian– I literally did not realize he was a lawyer. | 卡戴珊 我真没想到他是个律师 |
[14:23] | It’s really sad. | 太可悲了 |
[14:25] | The most famous collection of expensive lawyers in the world | 世界上最贵的律师团 |
[14:28] | trying to buy O.J. out of trouble. | 打算花钱让OJ脱罪 |
[14:30] | And everyone’s jumping on the gravy train. | 所有人都争相去抢这份美差 |
[14:33] | Look at this one. | 看这条 |
[14:34] | O.J.’s golf caddy has insight | OJ的高尔夫球童 |
[14:36] | into his state of mind the day of the murders. | 非常了解他在谋杀案发生当天的精神状况 |
[14:38] | If this moron shows up on a witness list, | 如果这种蠢货出现在证人名单上 |
[14:40] | one of you gets fired. | 你们就等着被解雇吧 |
[14:42] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[14:43] | If they sell their story before they testify, | 如果他们在作证前就把消息卖给媒体 |
[14:45] | they’ve got zero credibility on the stand. | 那他们的证词就毫无可信度 |
[14:48] | We can’t have cash-for-trash. | 我们不能用兜售证词的证人 |
[14:50] | Come on, Marcia, these are just honest, hardworking folks | 玛莎 他们只是些努力工作的老实人 |
[14:54] | trying to profit from the brutal murder of two innocent people. | 想从一件两个无故人被杀的案子上赚点钱而已 |
[14:57] | It’s vile, but they’re welcome to it, | 很卑鄙 但我用过他们之后 |
[14:59] | after I’m done with them. | 他们爱怎么赚钱都行 |
[15:18] | In this case, | 在此案件中 |
[15:19] | we must look at all the facts, | 我们必须看清所有的事实 |
[15:21] | but we must also look at what’s behind all the facts. | 而且必须看清藏在事实背后的东西 |
[15:26] | That is where we will… No, that’s… | 那样我们才能… 不对 那样 |
[15:30] | That is where we will find the truth. | 那样我们才能找出真相 |
[15:34] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[15:36] | I’m getting ready for that NBC thing. | 我在准备NBC的节目 |
[15:38] | You know, they’re calling me the “Senior O.J. Analyst” | 知道吗 他们管我叫”资深OJ分析师” |
[15:42] | But, Johnnie, you are on your feet. | 可是 约翰尼 你得下决定了 |
[15:44] | Taking in the room, putting the jury | 走上法庭 把那些陪审员 |
[15:46] | in the bookcase over there like you do. | 一一说服 就像以往一样 |
[15:49] | Oh, hell no. | 才不要 |
[15:51] | I’m on the sidelines. They’re gonna lose. | 我是个局外人 他们不会赢的 |
[15:53] | I-I don’t want to be a part of all of that | 而当他们输的时候 我可不想 |
[15:56] | when that happens. | 成为其中的一员 |
[15:57] | Mm, course not. | 当然了 |
[16:01] | But… | 可是… |
[16:03] | How would you feel if someone else got him off? | 如果别人让他脱罪了 你会怎么想 |
[16:15] | I wouldn’t feel good. | 不会很好 |
[17:03] | Pretty crazy, huh? | 很疯狂 是吧 |
[17:05] | They made him blacker. | 他们让他显得更黑了 |
[17:12] | This image plays to the perception | 这张肖像给人 |
[17:14] | that a darker black man is a more dangerous black man. | 一个更黑的黑人比普通黑人更危险的感觉 |
[17:17] | 《时代周刊》杂志封面 无恶意的种族歧视 | |
[17:17] | They’re assuming that he’s guilty. | 他们假定他是有罪的 |
[17:19] | Darker is guiltier; black is badder. | 肤色越黑越有罪 黑意味着更坏 |
[17:21] | – Hold on, George, hold on. – It’s racist and it’s vile. | -等等 乔治 -这既种族歧视又令人发指 |
[17:23] | Isn’t your interpretation of the cover just as racist? | 你对封面的解读难道不也是种族歧视吗 |
[17:25] | – I haven’t seen such journalist irresponsibility, – Oh, come on. | -自NBC《电讯》伪造汽车爆炸后 -得了吧 |
[17:26] | That’s overstated. If you take a picture of Simpson in a dark room | 太夸张了 如果你在暗房内给辛普森拍照 |
[17:27] | since Dateline staged that car explosion. | 我从没见过如此不负责任的记者 |
[17:30] | Are you being racist? | 你是在搞种族歧视吗 |
[17:31] | Of course it’s racially insensitive. | 这当然是无恶意的种族歧视言论了 |
[17:34] | But the real injustice is the way police officers | 但是真正的不公是洛杉矶警察 |
[17:37] | view blacks in Los Angeles. | 看待黑人的方式 |
[17:39] | Even after the riots, even after the Christopher Commission, | 即使在暴动 在克里斯托弗法令颁布之后 |
[17:44] | The LAPD culture | 洛杉矶警局的行事作风 |
[17:47] | has not changed. | 仍然没有改变 |
[17:50] | You have to understand that this is a city… | 你必须要明白这是一座… |
[17:53] | Okay, | 好了 |
[17:54] | I went down into the County Courts Records, | 我去了县法院档案室 |
[17:56] | found file after file on detective Mark Fuhrman. | 找到了很多关于马克·福尔曼警探的资料 |
[18:01] | Guy’s worse than I remembered. | 比我印象中还要糟糕 |
[18:02] | Actually sued the city. | 真的起诉了市政府 |
[18:05] | – Was the plaintiff? – Hang on. | -他是原告吗 -别急 |
[18:06] | That’s not the mind-blowing part. | 这还不是最精彩的部分 |
[18:08] | He sued the city basically claiming | 他起诉市政府 声称他在 |
[18:10] | that his duties as an LAPD officer made him into a bigot. | 洛杉矶警局的工作让他(对黑人)有了偏见 |
[18:13] | – What? – Serving as a cop | -什么 -当警察 |
[18:15] | – gave him violent fantasies. – Come on. | -给了他暴力的幻想 -搞错没有 |
[18:17] | He describes beating up and attacking black people. | 他讲述他殴打和攻击黑人的事 |
[18:21] | Wait, okay, let me get this straight. | 等等 让我把这个搞清楚 |
[18:23] | You’re saying… That the homicide detective | 你是说 发现OJ·辛普森 |
[18:26] | that discovered all the evidence on O.J. Simpson | 案件中所有证据的凶杀案警探 |
[18:29] | hates black people? | 仇恨黑人 |
[18:30] | The cop who found the glove at Rockingham. | 在罗金厄姆发现手套的警察 |
[18:36] | This is… | 这 |
[18:39] | this is a gift. | 这真是天降大礼 |
[18:42] | Imagine. | 想象下 |
[18:44] | I-imagine… | 想象下 |
[18:51] | …That O.J. Simpson was set up by the cops | OJ·辛普森被警察陷害 |
[18:56] | because he was a black man. | 因为他是黑人 |
[18:59] | And because the LAPD has a systemic racism problem. | 因为洛杉矶警局上下都有种族歧视问题 |
[19:13] | Bob, there’s a reporter | 鲍勃 有个《纽约客》杂志的 |
[19:14] | from the New Yorker Magazine here to see you. | 记者想要见你 |
[19:18] | That on the schedule? | 是之前预约的吗 |
[19:20] | No, he just showed up. | 不是 他突然造访的 |
[19:21] | Well, tell him it doesn’t work that way. | 那跟他说我们只接受预约 |
[19:24] | Tell him I’m very busy. | 跟他说我很忙 |
[19:33] | 加州高级法院 洛杉矶县 | |
[19:44] | Linda, I want to see him. Don’t let him go. | 琳达 我要见他 留住他 |
[19:50] | Thanks for taking the time to see me. | 谢谢抽空见我 |
[19:52] | Now, you’re New York Magazine | 你是《纽约》杂志的 |
[19:53] | – or New Yorker? – New Yorker. | -还是《纽约客》杂志的 -《纽约客》 |
[19:54] | – New Yorker. – Yeah. | -《纽约客》 -是的 |
[19:55] | Alan Dershowitz told me to look you up. | 亚伦·德萧维奇让我来找你 |
[19:59] | I’m doing a piece on cash-for-trash stories, | 我在做关于证人兜售证词的报道 |
[20:01] | witnesses selling their testimony. | 证人们把他们的证词卖给了媒体 |
[20:03] | The O.J. Simpson trial seemed like a perfect… | OJ·辛普森的审判似乎是一个完美的 |
[20:04] | No, no, it’s inconsequential. It’s window dressing. | 不 不 这些都是无关紧要的 |
[20:07] | It’s not the best use of your time. | 你不该花时间在这上面 |
[20:09] | It’s the story I’m out here to cover, so… | 我来这就是想报道这件事 所以 |
[20:11] | I know it is, but wouldn’t you rather ask me why a man like me | 我知道 可是你不想知道为什么像我这样的人 |
[20:14] | would take a case like this? | 会接这么一个案子吗 |
[20:15] | You might be surprised. | 也许会让你意想不到 |
[20:17] | I might be surprised if I’m surprised. | 如果让我意想不到那我才可能觉得惊奇 |
[20:19] | Okay. Tell me. | 好吧 跟我说说 |
[20:21] | Because of its far-reaching implications. | 因为此案牵涉广泛 |
[20:23] | I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从没见过这样的案子 |
[20:25] | And I couldn’t stand by and let it happen. Please. | 我不能眼睁睁看着让这事发生 请 |
[20:27] | Let what happen, exactly? | 具体让什么发生 |
[20:31] | The systematic railroading of O.J. Simpson | 带有种族歧视的洛杉矶警局 |
[20:34] | by a racist LAPD because he is a black man. | 对OJ·辛普森草率定罪 就因为他是黑人 |
[20:39] | Wait, what? | 慢点 什么 |
[20:40] | The LAPD history is a shameful history. | 洛杉矶警局的历史是一段可耻的历史 |
[20:43] | And everybody knows it; it’s no secret. | 所有人都知道 已经不是秘密了 |
[20:45] | And this cop, Mark Fuhrman, who discovered everything, | 这个警察 马克·福尔曼 他发现了所有证据 |
[20:49] | He’s an admitted racist. | 他是个公认的种族歧视主义者 |
[20:51] | Any evidence he touches is questionable. | 任何他触及过的证据都是值得怀疑的 |
[20:54] | So I want to be clear. | 让我理清一下 |
[20:55] | You’re saying this policeman set up O.J. Simpson. | 你意思是这位警察陷害OJ·辛普森 |
[20:57] | Maybe. Maybe Mark Fuhrman, | 也许 也许是马克·福尔曼 |
[20:59] | maybe others, in a conspiracy. | 也许是其他人的一场阴谋 |
[21:00] | Wait. Okay, wait. So all the blood evidence– | 等等 所有这些血迹相关证据 |
[21:03] | somehow these cops, a cabal of racist police officers, | 都是这些种族歧视的警察共谋用某种方式 |
[21:07] | planted it? | 栽赃的 |
[21:08] | From the murder scene to the Bronco to Rockingham? | 包括谋杀现场 野马车和罗金厄姆 |
[21:10] | Who else could have? | 还能是谁 |
[21:11] | Take a step back. | 退一步讲 |
[21:13] | I mean, doesn’t it seem odd | 这个手套刚好 |
[21:14] | that this glove just happened to be at Rockingham | 出现在罗金厄姆 |
[21:17] | at the same time that Detective Fuhrman | 而同时福尔曼警探又刚好发现它 |
[21:19] | just happened to find it? | 难道不奇怪吗 |
[21:20] | Uh, it isn’t odd if Simpson dropped it | 如果是辛普森为了防止 |
[21:22] | after he climbed the wall to avoid being seen by the limo driver. | 被房车司机看到在翻墙时掉落那么就不足为奇 |
[21:24] | Jeff, you look like a smart kid. | 杰夫 你看着挺聪明的 |
[21:27] | Don’t rush to judgement. | 别急于下结论 |
[21:29] | We will show that it is impossible | 我们会向世人展示洛杉矶警局 |
[21:31] | for a black man to get a fair shake with the LAPD. | 是不可能给予一个黑人公平待遇的 |
[21:34] | We will prove this. | 我们会证明这点 |
[21:36] | So you’re gonna say this case is all about race? | 那你是打算说这件案子只关乎种族 |
[21:38] | Yes, because it is. | 是的 因为事实如此 |
[21:40] | I’m just simply shedding a light on it. | 我只是把问题阐明而已 |
[21:45] | Sweetie, what are you doing? | 亲爱的 你在干什么 |
[21:47] | – Uh, nothing. – Yeah. | -没什么 -鬼才信 |
[21:50] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 别 别 别 |
[21:51] | No. Travis, come on! | 别 崔维斯 听话 |
[21:53] | No, I can do it. | 不 我能做好 |
[21:54] | Yeah, not with that you can’t. | 不 可用这个你是做不好的 |
[21:56] | But it’s not plugged in. | 都没有接通电源 |
[21:57] | It’s still not safe. | 还是不安全 |
[21:58] | Here. Use that. Come on. | 给 用这个 听话 |
[22:00] | This isn’t fun. | 这个没意思 |
[22:01] | Yeah, well, that way, you’ll hold on to your fingers. | 但这样你的手才不会断掉 |
[22:04] | – Come on, Mom. – All of your fingers… | -拜托 妈妈 -所有的手指好好的 |
[22:05] | In the dark, I could see it was O.J. Simpson. | 在黑暗中 我能看到是OJ·辛普森 |
[22:08] | How would you describe his expression? | 他的表情是什么样的 |
[22:10] | O.J.’s face was like a mask of rage. | OJ一脸怒气 |
[22:12] | I was terrified. | 我吓坏了 |
[22:15] | I hope I don’t have nightmares for the rest of my life. | 希望我不会在余生里因此做恶梦 |
[22:20] | Shively’s out. | 不能用谢芙利了 |
[22:21] | – I’m not putting her on the stand. – Marcia… | -我不会让她去作证的 -玛莎 |
[22:23] | – She lied… – She’s your only eyewitness. | -她撒谎了 -她是我们唯一的目击证人 |
[22:25] | She ties him to the crime. | 她把他和犯罪现场联系在一起 |
[22:26] | She lost all credibility. | 她失去了所有的可信度 |
[22:28] | The jury won’t believe her; the defense will portray her | 陪审团不会相信她 而辩护方会把她 |
[22:30] | as a media whore, which she is. | 描述成想要出名的贱人 当然她就是 |
[22:32] | They’ll say she just made it all up to score some quick money. | 他们会主张她完全是为了不义之财而瞎编乱造 |
[22:35] | It’s just a sleazy news show. | 这只是一个低级的新闻节目 |
[22:38] | They paid her five grand. | 她得了五千美金 |
[22:40] | It’s a slippery slope from Hard Copy | 本来只是小电台的报道 |
[22:42] | to the National Enquirer to the Weekly World News. | 之后就会演变到到国家询问报和世界新闻周刊 |
[22:45] | We need to set a tone. | 我们必须设定一个基调 |
[22:46] | That what this is about? | 原来就是这回事吗 |
[22:48] | We’ve used witnesses before who did interviews for money. | 我们以前也用过为钱接受采访的证人 |
[22:51] | Gil. | 吉尔 |
[22:53] | If we don’t keep control, | 如果我们不掌控全局 |
[22:54] | then the press can hijack all of it. | 那么媒体将会控制这一切 |
[22:58] | We’ll end up spending our time responding to them | 我们最终就会把时间浪费在应对他们 |
[23:00] | instead of focusing on things that matter. | 而不是花在重要的事情上 |
[23:04] | Come on, guys. | 想想吧 伙计们 |
[23:06] | We have all the aces. | 我们手握所有王牌 |
[23:08] | Let’s hold the high ground. | 我们就要占领制高点 |
[23:30] | Where’s Craig? | 克雷格在哪儿 |
[23:31] | Why hasn’t he come seen me yet? | 为什么他还没来见我 |
[23:33] | Or any of the other guys from the golf club. | 高尔夫俱乐部的那些人也没有来见我 |
[23:36] | I’m losing it in here, guys. | 我在这里快坚持不住了 伙计们 |
[23:38] | They won’t let me shower. | 他们不让我洗澡 |
[23:40] | I got dirt on my elbows. | 我的手肘都脏了 |
[23:43] | Have you people looked into the favors they get? | 你们有没有调查他们获得的帮助 |
[23:47] | Her drugs? | 她的毒品 |
[23:48] | Underworld drug connections? | 地下毒品关系 |
[23:50] | I hear a lot of coke moves through Mezzaluna. | 我听说有大量的可卡因是通过梅扎卢纳转手的 |
[23:54] | Uh, cocaine connections? | 可卡因关系 |
[23:56] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[23:57] | Sure. We’ll put an investigator on it. | 没问题 我们会派人调查 |
[23:59] | But we have something more pressing to discuss with you. | 但我们有更紧迫的事情要与你讨论 |
[24:01] | We need to add a litigator to the team, | 我们必须增加一名律师到团队里 |
[24:04] | one who fits the, uh… | 那名律师适合处理… |
[24:06] | well, the particular developing circumstances | 洛杉矶市区内 |
[24:09] | in the downtown venue. | 特殊的大环境变化 |
[24:11] | What are you saying, Bob? | 你在说什么 鲍勃 |
[24:12] | Well, I was thinking someone along the lines of Johnnie Cochran. | 我在想和约翰尼·科克伦类似的人 |
[24:16] | What?! | 什么 |
[24:17] | No, no, no, that’s all wrong. | 不 不 不 那样全错了 |
[24:19] | Just hear him out, Juice. | 听他把话说完 果汁 |
[24:21] | We need someone who can communicate | 我们需要一个可以与 |
[24:23] | to the downtown jury. | 市中心陪审团沟通的人 |
[24:26] | It’s just the, uh… it’s just the conditions | 这只是… 这只是让情况 |
[24:28] | on our football field, that’s all. | 对我们更为有利 仅此而已 |
[24:31] | You want to make this a black thing. | 你们想把这件事弄成与黑人有关 |
[24:34] | That’s why you want Cochran. | 所以你们想找科克伦 |
[24:35] | Well, I’m not black. I’m O.J. | 可我不是黑人 我是OJ |
[24:42] | What is that there? | 那是什么 |
[24:43] | Okay, well, I’ve filed the motion petition… | 好吧 我已经提出了诉讼申请… |
[24:45] | Come on, Carl, I-I’m trying to work with this. | 别这样 卡尔 我在尽力解决这件事 |
[24:48] | I’ll tell you what, why don’t we go back to this section. | 你听我说 要不我们回到这个部分 |
[24:50] | Okay. What do you got? | 好吧 你发现了什么 |
[24:51] | What do you got? | 你发现了什么 |
[24:53] | Mr. Cochran, O.J. Simpson is calling for you. | 科克伦先生 OJ·辛普森打电话找你 |
[24:57] | Let me have the room. | 你先出去一下 |
[24:59] | Carl, let me have the room. | 卡尔 你先出去一下 |
[25:23] | Diane, patch him through. | 黛安 接通电话 |
[25:32] | Johnnie Cochran. | 约翰尼·科克伦 |
[25:33] | Johnnie? Johnnie, this is O.J. | 约翰尼吗 约翰尼 我是OJ |
[25:35] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[25:36] | I’m calling from jail. | 我从监狱给你打的电话 |
[25:38] | I-I keep telling everyone, | 我总是告诉所有人 |
[25:39] | Johnnie Cochran is the man I need to speak to. | 我必须与约翰尼·科克伦通话 |
[25:42] | Well, I appreciate that. | 谢谢 |
[25:43] | I-I keep telling everyone I’m innocent. | 我总是对所有人说我是无辜的 |
[25:45] | I need the best lawyer in the world to get me out of this jam. | 我需要世界上最出色的律师把我救出囚笼 |
[25:48] | You got to help me, man. | 你得帮帮我 |
[25:49] | O.J., I’m glad you called me. | OJ 我很高兴你打电话给我 |
[25:51] | You’ve made a smart decision. | 你做了一个明智的决定 |
[25:53] | I sure did. | 当然 |
[25:55] | Cause I killed her. | 因为我杀了她 |
[25:57] | I killed the good. | 我杀害了她 |
[25:58] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[26:02] | Diane… next time screen the damn call! | 黛安 下一次筛选好通话人 |
[26:21] | It’s weird. I was always so tight with the Simpsons; | 很奇怪 我总是和辛普森一家人关系密切 |
[26:23] | now they say they need their guesthouse back. | 现在他们说想要回他们的客房 |
[26:25] | Dude, it’s not a problem. | 兄弟 这不是什么问题 |
[26:27] | You can stay on my couch as long as you want. | 你可以睡我沙发 想睡多久就多久 |
[26:29] | You, my friend, are a total pussy magnet. | 你 我的朋友 真是一个女人迷 |
[26:32] | It’s crazy. Ever since this stuff, you know, | 太奇怪了 自从发生了这事儿 你知道吗 |
[26:34] | my beeper’s going off 50 times a day. | 我的传呼机每天要响50次 |
[26:36] | TV shows, girls, agents, managers, | 电视节目 女孩 代理 经理 |
[26:39] | it’s crazy. | 真是疯了 |
[26:40] | You got any good auditions? | 你有没有获得好的试镜机会 |
[26:41] | I mean, you must be getting offered a ton of parts, right? | 我是说 你肯定收到了不少的表演机会 |
[26:43] | Well, not really, but I don’t want to blow this opportunity. | 没有多少 但是我不想浪费这个机会 |
[26:46] | I have to update my reel. | 我得更新下我的履历了 |
[26:48] | I only have that coke commercial from ’86. | 我现在只有86年拍的可乐广告 |
[26:50] | – Told you. – Yeah. | -我对你说过 -没错 |
[26:52] | Kato! Kato! Kato! | 凯图 凯图 凯图 |
[27:01] | They’re so friendly! | 她们太热情了 |
[27:03] | You’ve got the life. | 你过上了这种生活 |
[27:05] | – Hey, Kato! – Hey, asshole! Hey, la… | -嘿 凯图 -嘿 混蛋 |
[27:07] | Go straight to hell with O.J., murderer! | 和OJ一起下地狱吧 杀人犯 |
[27:17] | Fame’s complicated. | 出名真是复杂 |
[27:31] | A.D.A. Darden, Special Investigations Division. | 助理地方检察官达登 特别调查科 |
[27:36] | Oh, actually, this office is in charge | 事实上 这个部门负责 |
[27:37] | of investigating all LAPD officers. | 审查所有洛杉矶警局的警察 |
[27:39] | How can I help you? | 需要我帮什么忙 |
[27:44] | Uh… yeah, right. Okay. | 对 没问题 |
[27:50] | What’s the name of that detective again? | 请再说一次那个刑警的名字 |
[28:06] | How you doing today? | 今天怎么样 |
[28:08] | Get the passenger manifests for both Chicago flights, | 调出当夜往返洛杉矶的航班乘客信息 |
[28:10] | see if anyone can attest to Simpson’s demeanor. | 看看能不能找到能够证明辛普森行为举止的人 |
[28:13] | Yes. That is fine. He can sign it. | 没错 没问题 他可以签字 |
[28:15] | And please close the door on your way out, Lisa. Thank you. | 出去的时候请关一下门 丽萨 谢谢 |
[28:18] | Knock-knock. Hey, Big-Time. | 有人吗 大人物 |
[28:20] | Darden. Sorry I can’t offer you a chair. | 达登 对不起没有给你准备椅子 |
[28:22] | – What’s up? – I got a call. | -有什么事 -我接到一个电话 |
[28:25] | Reporter from The New Yorker asking about Mark Fuhrman. | 纽约客的记者在打听马克·福尔曼警官的事情 |
[28:28] | – I know he’s a key witness for you, so… – Mm-hmm. | -我知道他是你的一名关键证人 -没错 |
[28:31] | I just thought you should know. I sandbagged him. | 我只是觉得你应该知道 我忽悠了他 |
[28:33] | Told him it would take a week to get the file. | 告诉他需要花一周的时间才能找到他的文件 |
[28:36] | Nice. | 干得漂亮 |
[28:37] | Would you do me a favor and shut the door? | 你能不能帮我把门关上 |
[28:38] | I need a break. | 我得休息一下 |
[28:42] | You mind? | 介意吗 |
[28:44] | No. | 不 |
[28:53] | What do you think about the case? | 你对此案有什么看法 |
[28:55] | It’s pretty bulletproof. Strong. | 这案子十拿九稳 稳胜的 |
[28:59] | Though it’s interesting. | 但十分有趣 |
[29:01] | A lot of black people think O.J. didn’t do it. | 有许多黑人认为不是OJ干的 |
[29:06] | What? | 什么 |
[29:08] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:10] | Guess they just don’t want it to be true. | 可能他们不愿相信是真的 |
[29:12] | Good-looking, charming, talented black kid from the street makes it | 一个帅气迷人 天赋非凡的普通黑人孩子 |
[29:16] | all the way to the top, then gets pushed off his pedestal | 通过努力获得成功 却被从神台上落下 |
[29:19] | and thrown into jail, like black men do. | 扔进监狱 就如同很多黑人一样 |
[29:21] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[29:23] | It’s not like OJ was a pillar of the black community. | OJ又不是黑人社区的顶梁柱 |
[29:27] | Well, and even if he were, would it matter? | 就是他是 又怎么样 |
[29:30] | There would still be the same evidence, | 证据还是一样的 |
[29:32] | the same history, the same facts. | 暴力史和事实还是一样的 |
[29:35] | – He obviously did it. – I hear you. | -显然是他干的 -我明白你的意思 |
[29:38] | But right now, it’s an emotional thing, | 但现在 这事带上了感情色彩 |
[29:41] | not a rational one. | 不是理性案件了 |
[29:45] | Might be hard for you to understand. | 也许对你来说不容易理解 |
[29:48] | Since you never get emotional about your cases. | 因为你从不会感情用事 |
[30:07] | Dad’s here! | 爸爸来了 |
[30:08] | – I need to find my phone! – I can’t find my shoe! | -我得把电话找着 -我找不到我的鞋了 |
[30:13] | – Hey. How are you? – Wait here. | -你还好吗 -在这儿等着 |
[30:15] | – I’ll get them. – Whoa, what’s-what’s wrong? | -我去叫他们 -怎么了 |
[30:18] | You guys have a movie to get to. | 你们要去看电影呢 |
[30:19] | I don’t really want to get into this right now. | 我不想和你吵 |
[30:21] | What? No, come on. | 什么 别这样 |
[30:22] | No, we don’t let stuff go like that. | 不 不能就这么算了 |
[30:25] | No, we don’t. You’re right. | 是的 我们不 你说得对 |
[30:28] | Jesus, how do you expect me to act? | 天啊 你指望我能有什么反应 |
[30:31] | When you’re standing by him. | 你支持他 |
[30:33] | He’s my best friend, Kris. | 他是我最好的朋友 克丽丝 |
[30:34] | I don’t turn my back on people. | 我不会弃我的朋友不顾 |
[30:36] | You’re turning your back on Nicole! | 可你是在背叛妮可 |
[30:38] | He butchered her, Robert. He murdered her! | 他杀她 罗伯特 他杀了她 |
[30:40] | O-Okay. Look, come on. | 好了 听我说 |
[30:42] | Come on, I’m-I’m devastated about Nicole. | 别这样 妮可的事我很伤心 |
[30:45] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[30:47] | I mean, it’s-it’s horrible. | 那件事太可怕了 |
[30:49] | But he had nothing to do with that. | 但和他毫无关系 |
[30:50] | – I know that. – Bullshit! | -我知道 -狗屁 |
[30:52] | You can tell yourself that, but you do not know that. | 你就这么骗自己吧 你根本不知道 |
[30:58] | Would you at least please not tell the kids | 但你至少别跟孩子们说 |
[31:00] | that their uncle is a killer? | 他们的叔叔是杀人犯 |
[31:03] | Pretend uncle, Robert. | 假叔叔 罗伯特 |
[31:05] | Everything about him is pretend. | 关于他的一切都是假的 |
[31:10] | Guys, your father’s here. | 孩子们 爸爸来了 |
[31:21] | You rang? | 你打给我了 |
[31:23] | Yep. Come on in. | 对 进来吧 |
[31:26] | Hypothetical question. | 假设性问题 |
[31:28] | What do you think about A.C. Cowlings aiding and abetting? | 你觉得AC·考林斯是共犯成立吗 |
[31:31] | Really? | 当真 |
[31:33] | Well, it’s complicated. | 很难说 |
[31:34] | On one hand, he was the driver | 一方面 辛普森在貌似 |
[31:36] | in what looked like Simpson’s getaway attempt. | 企图逃跑时 他是司机 |
[31:38] | There was passports, | 有护照 |
[31:39] | fake beard, $8,700 in cash. | 假胡子 8700美金 |
[31:42] | Refused to stop the vehicle for police when ordered. | 警察下令后 依然拒绝停车 |
[31:45] | On the other hand, Simpson was holding a gun to his own head. | 另一方面 辛普森当时拿枪指着头 |
[31:48] | He may have pointed it at Cowlings. | 有可能他也拿枪指着考林斯了 |
[31:50] | I guess it comes down to establishing | 我想还是要确定 |
[31:51] | what the situation was inside that vehicle. | 当时车内的情况 |
[31:54] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[31:55] | Because we’re thinking about pressing charges. | 我们在考虑提出正式指控 |
[31:58] | I’ve known you forever, | 我很了解你 |
[31:59] | and I think you’re the one to run with it. | 我觉得此事可以交给你 |
[32:01] | You do? | 是吗 |
[32:03] | You should do it. | 应该由你负责 |
[32:05] | You’ll have fun. | 会很有意思的 |
[32:08] | Marcia, I haven’t been in a courtroom in a long time. | 玛莎 我很久没上过法庭了 |
[32:11] | Quit hiding in the basement, Chris. | 别再逃避了 克里斯 |
[32:13] | I know you can do it. | 我知道你行的 |
[32:14] | Is that right, Big-Time? | 是吗 这是大人物 |
[32:15] | Yeah. You should trust me. | 是的 你要相信我 |
[32:17] | Look, I know it doesn’t seem like much now, | 听着 我知道现在看还不算什么 |
[32:19] | but it could turn out to be crucial | 但可能会对证明OJ故意杀人 |
[32:20] | to proving O.J.’s intent and guilt. | 起着极大的作用 |
[32:22] | And that would be all yours. | 这功劳会都算在你身上 |
[32:25] | Big-Time. | 好差事 |
[32:27] | Well… | 那… |
[32:29] | I guess I’m all yours, Marcia. | 我就任你差使了 玛莎 |
[32:32] | Good. | 太好了 |
[32:34] | Because I could use all the help I can get. | 我得利用我能找到的所有帮助 |
[32:36] | – Marcia? – Yeah? | -玛莎 -怎么了 |
[32:38] | You got to come out and see this. | 你得来看看 |
[32:39] | He’s back. Please. | 他回来了 求求你们 |
[32:41] | Okay, what does he look like? | 好吧 他什么样子 |
[32:42] | He’s O.J. Simpson. I think you know his record. | 他是OJ·辛普森 我想你知道他的历史 |
[32:45] | Could you just send somebody over here? | 你能派人过来吗 |
[32:47] | Okay, what is he doing there? | 好 他去干什么 |
[32:48] | Are these the 911 tapes? | 这是911录音吗 |
[32:50] | Yeah. The media made a request, | 是的 媒体提出申请 |
[32:52] | and some idiot at county released them. | 县里某个白痴就给他们了 |
[32:54] | First of all, he broke the back door down to get in. | 他是从后门闯进来的 |
[32:56] | Okay, wait a minute. | 好 等等 |
[32:57] | What is he doing? Is he threatening you? | 他在干什么 他威胁你了吗 |
[32:59] | I am freakin’ going nuts. | 我快疯了 |
[33:02] | Okay, just stay on the line… | 好 保持通话 |
[33:03] | I don’t want to stay on the line. | 我不想再说了 |
[33:04] | He’s gonna beat the shit out of me. | 他会打死我的 |
[33:05] | – Wait a minute. Just stay on the line… – Oh, my God. | -等等 保持通话就好 -天啊 |
[33:06] | so we can know what’s going on | 这样在警察到现场前 |
[33:07] | till the police get there, okay? | 我们好知道情况 |
[33:10] | Just a moment. Does he have any weapons? | 等等 他持有武器吗 |
[33:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:13] | – Has he hit you today or no? – No. | -他今天打你了吗 -没有 |
[33:15] | 911录音 妮可·布朗 被害人打给911的录音 | |
[33:15] | Okay, you don’t need any paramedics or anything? | 好 你不需要医护人员之类的吗 |
[33:20] | – Is he inside right now? – Yes. | -他现在进来了吗 -是的 |
[33:22] | Okay, just a moment. | 好 等等 |
[33:24] | This is exactly what I feared. | 这就是我怕的 |
[33:27] | The tail wagging the dog. | 主次颠倒了 |
[33:29] | My witnesses are on TV. | 我的证人上了电视 |
[33:30] | My evidence is on TV. | 我的证据也上了电视 |
[33:32] | Hey, maybe we should invite Bernard Shaw over | 也许我们该把萧伯纳请来 |
[33:34] | to rifle through my files. | 来看一遍我的材料 |
[33:35] | Marcia, we’ll come through. | 玛莎 我们没事的 |
[33:36] | We have enough evidence to win five times over. | 我们掌握的证据都够赢五次了 |
[33:39] | When Shapiro sees what we’ve got | 夏皮罗先生看到我们的证据 |
[33:42] | he’s gonna roll over and play dead. | 他就会缴械投降了 |
[34:00] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 现在 |
[34:19] | I hear a sound. | 我听到一个声音 |
[34:22] | The sound… | 是金属球 |
[34:24] | of metal orbs clanging against one another. | 相互碰击的声音 |
[34:27] | Come on, Lee. | 得了 李 |
[34:32] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[34:35] | It’s coming from your pants, Bob. | 是你透的料 鲍勃 |
[34:37] | Balls. | 真是大胆 |
[34:39] | Big, brass balls. | 你真是胆大包天 |
[34:42] | God love you. | 上天垂青你 |
[34:43] | We are back in this thing! | 我们又回来了 |
[34:45] | Ah, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[34:47] | But, uh, how do I get rid of those 911 tapes? | 但我要怎么解决911录音的事 |
[34:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:52] | Those tapes are today. | 那录音是今天的事 |
[34:54] | In a week, they’re flotsam over the Stern. | 一周之内 就是无人问津的旧闻了 |
[34:56] | If they had to come out, | 如果早晚会曝光 |
[34:57] | I’m glad they were followed with this. | 我庆幸是和这个一起爆出来的 |
[34:58] | What you’ve laid out here, this is an entire case strategy. | 你策划的这个 这是整个案子的战略 |
[35:03] | Spectacular. | 太棒了 |
[35:05] | This is masterful. | 大师手笔 |
[35:07] | Bob, you had a car that flew off a cliff. | 鲍勃 你驾的车飞下了悬崖 |
[35:10] | It’s missing two tires, leaking oil | 少了两个轮胎 缺油 |
[35:13] | and flung into a ravine, yet somehow, | 摔进了沟谷间 但不知怎的 |
[35:16] | you drove us back up the hill. | 你还是带我们开回了山顶 |
[35:18] | We’re highway-ready again and back in the race. | 我们又上了高速了 重回比赛 |
[35:22] | What is it with this case? | 这案子是怎么了 |
[35:25] | Every time I think I get my bearings… | 每次我觉得已经找准了方向… |
[35:27] | It’s crazy. They’re going racial. | 真是疯了 他们来种族歧视这套了 |
[35:30] | You know, I think this could stick. | 我觉得这能站得住脚 |
[35:31] | No way. Nobody’s gonna buy into this. | 不可能 没人会信这套的 |
[35:34] | It’s desperate, transparent, | 是绝望之举 太明显了 |
[35:36] | and coming from “Brentwood” Bob Shapiro. | 一看就出自布伦特伍德的鲍勃·夏皮罗 |
[35:38] | I know a lot of people who would believe it. | 我知道很多人都会信的 |
[35:47] | Darden’s right. | 达登说得没错 |
[35:48] | This move may be sleazy and cynical, | 这一招也许低级自私 |
[35:50] | but it could work. | 但是有效的 |
[35:52] | They’re trying to take down the LAPD. | 他们要搞垮洛杉矶警局 |
[35:56] | We have to stop looking at this case as a slam dunk. | 我们不能再把这案子想得过于简单了 |
[35:59] | This article– | 这篇文章 |
[36:01] | it’s a declaration of war. | 就是开战宣言 |
[36:06] | Then Dershowitz says, | 然后德萧维奇说 |
[36:07] | “Once I decide to take a case, I have only one agenda: | 一旦我决定接某个案子 我就只有一个任务 |
[36:10] | “I want to win. | 就是赢 |
[36:12] | “I will try by every fair and legal means | 我会尽一切公正的法律途径 |
[36:14] | to get my client off without regard to the consequences.” | 不计后果地为我的客户洗清罪名 |
[36:21] | So they’re saying that this racist cop framed me | 所以他们是说 那个种族主义的警察诬陷我 |
[36:25] | just because I’m black?! | 就因为我是黑人 |
[36:26] | It could explain a lot, Juice. | 这能说明很多问题 果汁 |
[36:28] | I mean, th-this Fuhrman cop and-and the glove. | 这个福尔曼警察 还有他找到的手套 |
[36:32] | And why not do everything we can to get you out of here | 我们何不利用一切办法把你弄出去 |
[36:34] | if-if you’re not supposed to be here? | 你本来就是被冤枉的 |
[36:36] | I just want to go home, be with my children, | 我只是想回家 和孩子们在一起 |
[36:39] | do everything that I can to help find the killer, you know? | 尽力帮他们抓到凶手 你懂吗 |
[36:42] | O.J., these 911 tapes that have been circulating, | OJ 那些911录音一直在循环播放 |
[36:45] | they’ve been playing day and night on all the channels, | 没日没夜地在各大频道上放 |
[36:47] | it’s an audio recording in which the world can hear you | 这些音频让全世界都听到 |
[36:50] | – beating your wife. – Bob, | -你在打你的妻子 -鲍勃 |
[36:53] | we was just, you know, tussling. | 我们当时在争斗 |
[36:55] | I-I can… I can fix this. | 我能解决的 |
[36:56] | No, no, no, you can’t! You can’t clear that up! | 不不不 你解决不了 你澄清不了的 |
[36:59] | You can’t put the genie back in the bottle. | 魔鬼放出来就回不去了 |
[37:01] | Now, there’s hope, but you have to listen, | 现在还有希望 但你得听话 |
[37:03] | and you have to listen very carefully. | 好好给我听着 |
[37:05] | This race defense is the crux of our case. | 种族辩护是我们案子的关键 |
[37:08] | We need to bring in Johnnie Cochran, | 我们得把约翰尼·科克伦请来 |
[37:09] | and we need to do it now! | 现在就办 |
[37:11] | – No. – Yes, we do. | -不 -现在就做 |
[37:13] | His angle is the only angle | 他的办法就是 |
[37:14] | that you will ever see daylight again, do you hear me? | 你重见天日的唯一办法 听到了吗 |
[37:17] | Do you hear me?! | 听到了吗 |
[37:20] | He’s right, Juice. | 他是对的 果汁 |
[37:44] | Johnnie Cochran. | 约翰尼·科克伦 |
[37:55] | Let me say this. I’ve always admired you | 我告诉你 我一直很欣赏你 |
[37:58] | and wanted to work with you for years. | 想和你合作很久了 |
[38:00] | Thank you, Bob. That’s kind of you. | 谢谢 鲍勃 你真好 |
[38:02] | I feel a strong emotional connection to this case. | 我对这案子有一种强烈的感情 |
[38:06] | I’m so glad you feel this way. | 很高兴你这么觉得 |
[38:08] | It’s excellent. | 这太好了 |
[38:10] | But I-I… I feel that I owe you the utmost clarity on one issue. | 但我觉得有件事我一定要和你说清楚 |
[38:16] | And that is, I will remain lead counsel. | 就是 我将一直是首席律师 |
[38:26] | This case could accomplish a lot of important things. | 这件案子的意义将是非凡的 |
[38:29] | I’m excited for you, for us. It’s big. It’s big. | 我为你 为我们感到高兴 这是大事 |
[38:32] | Bob, Bob, Bob, hang on, hang on, hang on. | 鲍勃 鲍勃 等等 等等 |
[38:34] | – Before I come aboard… – Yes? | -我同意之前 -怎么了 |
[38:37] | – Yeah? – I have to look into O.J.’s eyes. | -怎么了 -我必须见到OJ |
[38:40] | I have to look into his eyes. | 我得直视他的眼睛 |
[38:41] | I need to believe him. | 我需要相信他 |
[39:24] | You all right, my brother? | 你还好吗 兄弟 |
[39:25] | No, Johnnie. No. | 不 约翰尼 不好 |
[39:27] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 好了 好了 好了 |
[39:29] | Talk to me. | 和我说说 |
[39:40] | Whatever you decide to do, whether you’re with me or not, | 无论你怎么决定 无论你帮不帮我 |
[39:45] | you got to know this… | 你得知道 |
[39:51] | I loved her. | 我爱过她 |
[39:53] | I loved Nicole more than you can possibly imagine. | 我比你想象的还爱妮可 |
[39:57] | Sh-She was the mother of my children. | 她是我孩子的母亲 |
[40:01] | I… I didn’t do it, Johnnie. | 不是我干的 约翰尼 |
[40:05] | I didn’t. I didn’t do… | 我没有 不是我 |
[40:06] | I couldn’t have done it, I swear. | 我不可能下手的 我发誓 |
[40:08] | There’s no way I could’ve killed her. | 我不可能杀她的 |
[40:09] | No way. | 绝不可能 |
[40:11] | Nicole was the center of my world, man. | 妮可就是我的世界 伙计 |
[40:15] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. Head up, head up. | 别哭 别哭了 抬起头 抬起头 |
[40:22] | You just got to believe me, Johnnie. | 你得相信我 约翰尼 |
[40:24] | – You just got to believe me. – Of course. | -你得相信我 -当然 |
[40:26] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[40:30] | And I’m gonna get you out of here, | 我会帮你出去 |
[40:32] | but I need you to stay strong. Come on. | 但我需要你保持坚强 加油 |
[40:37] | I want to see that strength that I know that’s in you. | 让我看看你身上的力量 我知道你行的 |
[40:39] | If it’s not enough, then you can have some of mine. | 如果还不够 我的借你 |
[40:43] | You know what I’m saying? | 明白我的意思了吗 |
[40:45] | – That means a lot to me, Johnnie. – Good. Good. | -这对我来说意义很大 约翰尼 -很好 |
[40:49] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[40:50] | Listen. | 听好了 |
[40:52] | We get one black juror, | 只要有一个黑人陪审团成员 |
[40:55] | just one… | 只要一个 |
[40:58] | and I’ll give you a hung jury. | 我就能让陪审团意见不一致 |
[41:00] | When I give you a hung jury… | 只要陪审团达不成一致意见 |
[41:04] | you are going home. | 你就能回家了 |
[41:08] | You’re going home. | 你要回家了 |
[42:11] | Cochran. | 科克伦 |
[42:20] | Motherfucker. | 该死 |