时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Greendale Community College | 格林德尔社区大学 |
[00:02] | is represented by two separate, | 可以由以下两派 |
[00:03] | yet equally important types of people: | 极其重要的人物代表 |
[00:06] | The goofballs that run around stirring up trouble, | 东奔西跑到处惹麻烦的脑缺孩子们 |
[00:08] | and the eggheads that make a big deal out of it. | 以及总是上纲上线的书呆子们 |
[00:11] | These are their stories. | 以下就是他们的故事 |
[00:13] | You’ll be better off without her. | 你最好离她远点 |
[00:14] | She was perfect. Warm, smart, beautiful. | 她如此完美 热心聪颖又美丽 |
[00:17] | I’m never gonna find another dental hygienist like that. | 再也找不来这么好的牙医了 |
[00:20] | Well, you should stop hitting on her. | 好吧 别在那儿做白日春梦了 |
[00:21] | Hey, she’s the one putting | 拜托 是她先把 |
[00:22] | her hands in my mouth. | 她的小手手放进我嘴里的 |
[00:26] | Over here. | 过来看看 |
[00:31] | Move along, nothing to see here. | 走开 没啥好看的 |
[00:33] | That’s the first time those words have actually been true. | 这是他第一次说话与事实契合 |
[00:34] | Ms. Edison, when you called me down here at midnight, | 埃迪生小姐 我被你三更半夜叫来 |
[00:36] | I expected more than a yam. | 可不是为了一坨番薯 |
[00:38] | Specifically since you said, “There’s been a murder.” | 特别是你还强调了有宗谋杀案 |
[00:40] | Our yam was murdered. | 我们的番薯被谋杀了 |
[00:41] | If it’s any consolation, she got me here | 亲 你就知足吧 |
[00:43] | on a very misleading text message. | 我是被她用极具误导性的短信给骗来的 |
[00:44] | Jeff, technically, you are about to be screwed | 杰夫 严格说来 你的生物课 |
[00:46] | in the biology room because our final project | 就要挂科了 因为咱们的期考项目 |
[00:48] | has been destroyed. | 被破坏了 |
[00:48] | All right, look, I’m sorry for your loss. | 好吧 听着 对于你们的损失 |
[00:50] | I know you guys put the work in, | 我很抱歉 我明白你们辛苦耕耘了 |
[00:52] | so you’ll get a passing grade. | 我会让你们及格的 |
[00:53] | A passing grade? | 只是及格吗 |
[00:54] | Like a “C”? | 像是给个C那样吗 |
[00:55] | Why don’t I just get pregnant at a bus station? | 我干嘛不干脆在公交车站怀个孕得了 |
[00:58] | That was going to be an a-plus yam. | 那颗番薯本来应该得A+的 |
[01:00] | I can’t give an a-plus to everyone | 我不会给番薯从试验台上摔下来的人 |
[01:02] | whose yam falls off a counter. | 打满分 |
[01:03] | Somebody did this to us. | 有人故意针对我们 |
[01:05] | In science, we call that a hypothesis. | 在科学界 我们管这叫假设 |
[01:08] | You find something to back it up and we can talk. | 你得小心求证 有了证据之后再跟我谈 |
[01:10] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I was watching Mama’s Family. | 要是没事了的话我要去看《妈妈一家》了 |
[01:15] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[01:15] | Our yam was killed. | 我们的番薯被杀害了 |
[01:16] | But Professor Kane says we can still get an “A” | 但凯恩教授说要是我们能找出真凶 |
[01:18] | – if we figure out who did it. – He did not say that. | -就给我们A -他可没这么说 |
[01:20] | He basically did. | 基本上就是这个意思 |
[01:20] | You let me handle the nitty gritty. | 你还是让我来唱黑脸吧 |
[01:22] | In the meantime, I need somebody to drum up suspects. | 与此同时 我需要有人帮忙找出嫌犯 |
[01:24] | I can help you with that. | 这个我可以帮上忙 |
[01:25] | I watch crime shows when I’m bored. | 我无聊的时候就爱看犯罪节目 |
[01:27] | You boys, canvas for witnesses, establish a time frame | 你们俩 去找目击者 确定案发时间 |
[01:29] | and motive and bring me a suspect. | 犯罪动机 然后把嫌犯给我带来 |
[01:31] | You’ve got 48 hours before the trail runs cold, | 给你们两天时间 |
[01:32] | so start with the last person to see that yam alive. | 先从最后一个见过”活”番薯的人开始 |
[01:34] | – Yes, ma’am. – Understood. | -遵命 长官 -收到 |
[01:37] | It’s been a long 15 years. | 这十五年过得实在太漫长了 |
[01:39] | Looks like it’s gonna be a late night. | 看来今晚有得忙了 |
[01:41] | How’d we manage to pull the short straw? | 咱们抽签怎么样 |
[01:42] | It’s not a short straw. | 这又不是什么好事 |
[01:44] | It’s a hot potato. | 这是个烫手山芋 |
[01:46] | Yeah, well, looks pretty cold to me. | 还好吧 我觉得没什么问题 |
[01:51] | Cold? Or dead? | 没问题 还是没招儿 |
[01:54] | Survey says– | 调查表明 |
[01:55] | We can’t both do the zinger. | 咱们不能同时当聪明的那一个 |
[01:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:35] | Okay, | 好的 |
[02:36] | Okay, five-to-one on the black guy. | 黑人五赔一 |
[02:39] | That’s offensive. | 太侮辱人了 |
[02:39] | Fine, six-to-one. | 那好吧 六赔一 |
[02:40] | Hello, boys. | 兄弟们 |
[02:41] | Youth! Scatter! | 小伙 散了 |
[02:45] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, Pierce. | 慢着 皮尔斯 |
[02:48] | Mind if we ask you a couple of questions? | 问你几个问题你不介意吧 |
[02:49] | Sure, I always say you guys should ask me more questions. | 当然 我总说你们有事应该多问问我 |
[02:52] | Did you water our biology yam last night? | 你昨晚给我们的番薯浇水了吗 |
[02:54] | Of course I watered it. | 当然浇了 |
[02:55] | It was my turn, wasn’t it? | 轮到我了 不是吗 |
[02:56] | I hold up my end. | 我可是有始有终的人 |
[02:57] | Did you hold it or drop it? | 是”有终”还是”送终” |
[03:00] | Okay, whoa, I had nothing to do with that. | 我可是清白的啊 |
[03:02] | I-I couldn’t even get in the room. | 我都没进过实验室 |
[03:04] | Make up your mind, Pierce. | 想清楚 皮尔斯 |
[03:05] | Did you water the yam or weren’t you there? | 你是浇过水呢还是压根就没去呢 |
[03:07] | Okay, I lied about watering it. | 好吧 我刚才是骗你们说浇了水 |
[03:10] | I got there too late, the doors were already locked. | 我去得太晚了 门已经关了 |
[03:12] | Why were you late? | 你为什么去晚了 |
[03:13] | I…fell asleep in a sunbeam. | 我做日光浴的时候睡着了 |
[03:16] | – Likely story. – Actually it is. | -像是瞎编的 -其实是真的 |
[03:17] | I used to live with him, it’s kind of adorable. | 我跟他同居过 还蛮有爱的 |
[03:19] | Look, why are you looking at me for this? | 听着 你们来找我干吗 |
[03:21] | It was my yam too. | 这也是我的番薯 |
[03:22] | You should be talking to somebody | 你们应该去找那些 |
[03:23] | who would wanna hurt us. | 想要损害咱们利益的人谈谈 |
[03:24] | – And who’s that? – Duh-doy! | -那该找谁 -叮咚 |
[03:26] | Todd. | 托德 |
[03:29] | Last night, I was home by 9:15, | 昨晚九点一刻的时候我在家呢 |
[03:32] | Helped Elly with her geography and then went straight to bed. | 帮艾莉补习地理 然后直接睡觉了 |
[03:34] | Sounds like you keep a pretty tight schedule. | 你过得还挺充实的 |
[03:36] | A valuable side effect of military service. | 当兵带来的良好副作用 |
[03:39] | In Iraq, keeping a tight schedule saved lives. | 在伊拉克 排满行程能救命的 |
[03:42] | Ah, what happened, Todd? | 怎么了 托德 |
[03:44] | Cut yourself on an extra sharp Oscar Wilde play? | 被奥斯卡·王尔德那犀利的戏剧划伤了吗 |
[03:46] | Oh, this? It’s a burn. | 这个 这是烧伤 |
[03:47] | Home ec class. Muffin. | 家政课上做小松饼弄的 |
[03:48] | What kind of muffin? | 哪种小松饼 |
[03:49] | – Blueberry. – Why not raisin? | -蓝莓的 -为什么不是葡萄干的 |
[03:51] | That wasn’t the assignment. | 作业又不是这么要求的 |
[03:53] | You can dance all day, Todd, | 你就得瑟吧 托德 |
[03:54] | But sooner or later, the music’s gonna change. | 迟早会扯到蛋的 |
[03:55] | Look, even if I wanted to hurt your yam, I couldn’t. | 听着 就算我想害你们的番薯也做不到 |
[03:59] | I went by the bio room at 8:10 to chart my yam’s growth. | 我八点十分去生物实验室观察我的番薯时 |
[04:02] | The door was already locked. | 门就已经锁上了 |
[04:03] | There’s a lot of that going around. | 这话我听得太多了 |
[04:05] | – Oh, yeah. – It’s true. | -就是 -这是真的 |
[04:06] | I had to take a picture of my yam through the door. | 我还在窗外给我的番薯拍了个照 |
[04:08] | See? | 看到了没 |
[04:09] | Your yam was fine when I left. | 我走的时候你们的番薯还好好的呢 |
[04:14] | I transferred or “Downloaded” | 我传载或是说下载了 |
[04:16] | Todd’s photograph to this computer, | 托德的照片到这台电脑上 |
[04:18] | and as you’ll see, with a few adjustments, I can make | 并且如你所见 只要稍微调调我就能 |
[04:20] | the entire image… | 把这整张图变出 |
[04:23] | Old west color. | 老西部片的味道 |
[04:27] | I don’t know. I thought it was cool. | 我不知道 我觉得挺有意思的 |
[04:28] | Britta, zoom in there. | 布雷塔 放大这里 |
[04:29] | There’s a clock on the wall. | 墙上有个钟 |
[04:31] | – Eight plus two times five– – Ten after 8:00. | -八点过两个五分 -八点十分 |
[04:34] | I’m gifted in other ways. | 我的天赋都用在了别的方面 |
[04:35] | That jibes with everyone else we talked to. | 跟其他人说的也都一致 |
[04:37] | It seems like the classroom door gets locked at 8:00. | 看样子实验室的门八点就锁上了 |
[04:39] | Which means whoever did the crime– | 也就是说 罪犯 |
[04:40] | Got in there before the doors were locked | 是在门关上之前进去的 |
[04:42] | and stayed there for hours. | 在里面待了好几个小时 |
[04:43] | I was gonna say, “Had a key”. | 我想说他有钥匙来着 |
[04:44] | Last year, I came in after hours a couple of times | 去年 我下班后去过几次实验室 |
[04:46] | to finish a pinata for Advanced Spanish. | 来完成高级西班牙语课的彩陶作业 |
[04:48] | I had to borrow a key from the front office. | 我得从传达室借钥匙才能进 |
[04:50] | And sign a log. | 还得登记 |
[04:52] | I can also help. | 我也能帮上忙 |
[04:53] | As a psych major, I could pr– | 作为一个学心理学专业的我能… |
[04:57] | Any student can check out a key as long as they’re | 任何一个在这上课 有学生证的学生 |
[04:58] | currently taking classes and show school I.D. | 都可以从这拿钥匙 |
[05:01] | The guy we’re looking for had a key | 我们要找的是 |
[05:02] | to the bio room Monday night. | 周一晚上拿生物实验室钥匙的人 |
[05:03] | Monday night? Rings a bell. | 周一晚上 我好像有点印象 |
[05:06] | I’ll check the log. | 让我查下登记簿 |
[05:08] | Sorry, this place is a mess. | 不好意思 这儿实在太乱了 |
[05:10] | Is this about your yam? | 是关于你们的番薯的事吗 |
[05:12] | I heard about that. | 我听说了 |
[05:13] | It’s a damn shame. | 人神共愤啊 |
[05:14] | Mine just bloomed yesterday. | 我的番薯昨天都开花了 |
[05:15] | Congratulations. | 恭喜恭喜 |
[05:18] | Ooh, there she is. | 在这呢 |
[05:22] | Monday night, one biology room key checked out by… | 周一晚上借走生物实验室钥匙的是… |
[05:28] | Magnitude. | 磁太太 |
[05:32] | So you’re saying you did check out a key, | 也就是说你确实借走了钥匙 |
[05:33] | but it was inside your backpack when someone stole it | 把它放在背包里 |
[05:35] | off a table in the library while you were using the bathroom | 但你在图书馆的时候有人趁你上厕所 |
[05:37] | and you haven’t seen it since. | 偷走了钥匙 |
[05:39] | Pop pop! | 噼里啪啦砰砰 |
[05:42] | Perfect, so now we gotta solve a robbery too. | 这下可好 现在我们还得解决一宗抢案 |
[05:44] | Well, whoever did it likes to steal backpacks | 不管谁干的 看起来 |
[05:46] | off tables in the library. | 他挺喜欢在图书馆里偷包 |
[05:47] | Only one way to catch a dirtbag like that. | 只有一个办法能抓他个现行了 |
[05:55] | Well, time to visit the restroom. | 好了 该上厕所去了 |
[06:19] | I found that backpack. | 这包是我捡的 |
[06:22] | Hey, idiot, guess what. | 傻缺 你知道吗 |
[06:24] | We don’t care about the backpack. | 我们关心的不是这个包 |
[06:28] | Dead yam, big deal. | 死番薯 多大点儿事 |
[06:30] | Order some ketchup. | 订点番茄酱 |
[06:31] | That doesn’t make sense. You don’t order ketchup. | 你在说些什么 订个屁番茄酱 |
[06:33] | It’s a condiment! | 那玩意儿是调味用的 |
[06:34] | Troy, Troy, hey, walk it off! | 特洛伊 特洛伊 淡定点 |
[06:35] | Troy, walk it off! | 特洛伊 淡定 |
[06:37] | Sorry, my friend, he’s a bad cop. | 不好意思 朋友 他可不是个好警察 |
[06:38] | – Yeah. – I’m a good cop. | -是嘛 -我就不同了 |
[06:40] | – Oh, good. – You can trust me. | -好的 -你可以相信我 |
[06:41] | Okay, well–hey! | 好的 那… 我去 |
[06:43] | I’m not falling for that. | 关我屁事 |
[06:45] | And you got nothing on me. | 你们又没有证据 |
[06:46] | And I don’t have to stay here, ’cause you’re not cops. | 我不必待在这 你们又不是真警察 |
[06:53] | He’s right. You’re not cops. | 他说得对 你们不是警察 |
[06:55] | I’d say our hands are tied, but we basically have no hands. | 我们束手无策了但其实我们也没有”策” |
[06:57] | But he’s our man though, right? | 但我们还是没抓错人 对吧 |
[06:59] | Well he ain’t innocent. | 反正他不是什么清白货色 |
[07:01] | Look, I’ll try to keep him busy. | 听着 我想办法缠住他 |
[07:02] | You guys go to the lab, see if they figured out | 你们去趟实验室 看看他们弄明白没有 |
[07:05] | how our yam met its masher. | 咱们的番薯到底遭受了什么不幸 |
[07:07] | I can both see and hear you. | 这边还有活人喘气呢 |
[07:11] | The yam’s vascular cylinder is completely disintegrated. | 它的维管束彻底裂了 |
[07:14] | Any possibility it happened naturally? | 有没有可能是自然形成的呢 |
[07:16] | Sure, if the gardener’s Joseph Mengele. | 当然 如果是约瑟夫·孟格尔种的 |
[07:18] | Look at the root system. | 看看它的根系 |
[07:19] | This level of smushing is consistent | 看起来它掉下来之后 |
[07:21] | with someone stepping on the yam after it was dropped. | 有人还拿脚踩过它 |
[07:23] | So whoever did this was angry. | 也就是说嫌犯很生气 |
[07:25] | Hey, I just cut ’em open. | 我只负责解剖 |
[07:26] | You want motive, talk to a shrink. | 想要了解动机你们得去找心理咨询师 |
[07:29] | What I can tell you is that for a raw yam to get it this bad, | 我能告诉你们的是 一个生番薯 |
[07:32] | you need more than gravity. | 光是掉在地上可不会这么惨 |
[07:34] | You need a boot. | 还得有人拿靴子蹂躏 |
[07:39] | We have to tell Professor Kane. | 咱们得告诉凯恩教授 |
[07:40] | There’s nothing here to connect to Star-Burns. | 这件事跟星霸无关 |
[07:41] | He’d have to confess. | 他会坦白的 |
[07:42] | Oh, yeah, sure. | 对对对 当然了 |
[07:43] | Maybe if we ask him nice, | 或许咱们温柔地审问他 |
[07:44] | he’ll write us a love letter too. | 他还会给咱们写情书呢 |
[07:45] | Well, whoever did do this does owe you guys a letter. | 好吧 嫌犯确实欠你们一个字 |
[07:49] | An “A.” | 一个A |
[07:53] | This yam was about to bloom. | 它马上要开花了 |
[07:57] | Damn. | 靠 |
[07:59] | We named the yam “Pam.” | 我们给它起名叫蜀黍 |
[08:02] | It rhymed. | 多押韵啊 |
[08:06] | That Star-Burns stole Magnitude’s key, | 星霸偷了磁太太的钥匙 |
[08:08] | It’s not enough. | 这还不足以定罪 |
[08:09] | But we know Star-Burns did it. | 但我们确定是他干的 |
[08:11] | Keep the change, Garret. | 不用找了 加瑞特 |
[08:13] | You know what? Keep the hot dog. | 热狗也自己留着吧 |
[08:14] | You’re telling me after all this, | 你们是要告诉我忙活了这么半天后 |
[08:15] | our suspect’s gonna slip away | 要眼睁睁看着嫌犯就这么逃脱法网 |
[08:16] | on the technicality that we’re not police? | 只因为咱们不是真正的警察吗 |
[08:18] | Okay, look, you don’t need authority | 好吧 听着 你们不需要用权威来 |
[08:20] | to get a confession. | 获得供词 |
[08:21] | You need leverage. Something to hold over his head. | 只要用手段威逼他 |
[08:23] | – Like what? – He’s Star-Burns. | -比如呢 -他是星霸 |
[08:24] | Break into his locker. | 撬开他的储物柜 |
[08:25] | You’ll find enough dirt to bury him. | 你们找到的赃物都够把他埋了 |
[08:26] | Jeff, that’s not ethical. | 杰夫 这好像不太道德吧 |
[08:28] | Oh, so now you’re finding your softness? | 现在意识到自己温柔体贴的一面了吗 |
[08:31] | I say do what you have to do. | 我说过让你们放手去做 |
[08:32] | It’s too late to get compassionate. | 现在谈论同情心可晚了 |
[08:34] | We only have time to get justice. | 现在是我们一心求正义的时候 |
[08:37] | I really shouldn’t be doing this. | 我真不该这么做的 |
[08:38] | And you’re sure you heard a kitten meowing in here? | 你确定你听到这里面有小猫叫吗 |
[08:40] | Not anymore, so hurry up. | 现在听不到了 所以你得快点 |
[08:44] | Whoa, nelly! | 当心 傻瓜 |
[08:50] | Clean up on aisle “Busted.” | 看起来有点问题 |
[08:56] | Why do they always r– | 他们为什么总是… |
[08:57] | Why do they always– | 他们为什么总是… |
[08:59] | – You go ahead. – Why do they always run? | -你来 -他们为什么总是要跑 |
[09:00] | There you go. | 走吧 |
[09:03] | Move! | 让开 |
[09:04] | Not police business! | 非警察办公 |
[09:06] | Hey, knock much? | 敲门了吗你 |
[09:10] | – Kiss me! – What? | -亲亲我 -虾米 |
[09:10] | I’ll explain later. | 晚点再解释 |
[09:11] | – No. – I’ll explain later. | -不要 -我会解释的 |
[09:13] | The explanation isn’t the issue. | 跟解不解释没有关系 |
[09:16] | Oh, all right, all right. | 好吧好吧好吧 |
[09:18] | Look, I-I swiped some beakers for the meth lab | 我偷了几个烧杯 |
[09:21] | that I’m building in the trunk of my car. | 用来在我汽车后备箱里炼毒品 |
[09:23] | But that’s it. | 但仅此而已 |
[09:24] | I didn’t kill any yam. | 我没有杀害番薯 |
[09:26] | Tell it to the biology professor. | 跟生物老师说去吧你 |
[09:27] | Oh, now wait! | 不 等等 |
[09:28] | I know who did it. | 我知道是谁干的 |
[09:29] | I left the door open and someone came in. | 我走的时候没关门 有人溜进去了 |
[09:32] | He dropped your yam. | 是他把你们的番薯弄倒了 |
[09:33] | Will you tell our teacher who it was? | 你会告诉我们老师是谁干的吗 |
[09:35] | If you promise I won’t get in trouble | 如果你能保证我不会因为 |
[09:37] | for stealing that meth lab stuff. | 偷烧杯炼毒品惹上麻烦的话 |
[09:38] | – Sure, whatever. – Fine. | -没问题 -好吧 |
[09:40] | Pinky swear? | 拉钩上吊 |
[09:44] | It was the guy with the weird head. | 是个脑子抽风的家伙 |
[09:46] | The army guy. | 当兵的家伙 |
[09:47] | I heard the jar break and then | 我听到有罐子打碎的声音 |
[09:48] | I saw him running out of the room holding his hand. | 然后我看到他捂着手跑了出来 |
[09:51] | Looked like he cut himself. | 好像他把自己割伤了 |
[09:57] | Well, well, well. | 妙 妙 妙 |
[09:58] | Look at this, Abed. | 看呐 阿布蒂 |
[09:59] | He weaves baskets and lies. | 他编着竹篮还有谎言呢 |
[10:01] | What’s this about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[10:02] | It’s about the killing of our biology yam. | 是关于我们的生物课小番薯被杀一事 |
[10:04] | Will you please come with us? | 请跟我们来好吗 |
[10:05] | But I’m in the middle of making a handle. | 但我正在做把手呢 |
[10:07] | He wants it the hard way. Tell him what Shirley said. | 不见棺材不落泪啊 告诉他雪瑞怎么说 |
[10:09] | Todd Jacobson, you have the right to do whatever you want. | 托德·贾可布森 你有权自由行动 |
[10:11] | Nothing you say or do can be used against you by anyone, | 你的一言一行无人反对 |
[10:14] | but we’d really like it if you came with us. | 但我们希望你跟我们走 |
[10:15] | Please and thank you. | 麻烦配合 多谢合作 |
[10:19] | Make it quick, folks. | 同学们 有话快说 |
[10:20] | I have a class in five minutes | 我五分钟后还得 |
[10:21] | and none of you guys are in it. | 给另外一批学生上课 |
[10:22] | After conducting a full investigation, | 在指挥了本案整个调查过程后 |
[10:25] | my study group now has definitive proof that Todd, | 我的学习小组现在有明确的证据证明托德 |
[10:27] | with malice of forethought, smashed our yam. | 处心积虑用心险恶地除掉了我们的番薯 |
[10:30] | That’s a serious allegation. | 这个控诉很严重啊同学 |
[10:31] | I hope you can back it up. | 我希望你们能弄清楚 |
[10:32] | We can place him in the building Monday night. | 我们能肯定他周一晚在教学楼内 |
[10:34] | He has a mysterious bandage on his hand, | 手上又离奇负伤 |
[10:36] | and we have and eyewitness who saw Todd drop the jar and flee. | 还有目击证人指证托德弄倒了番薯后逃逸 |
[10:39] | Well, Todd, what do you have to say? | 好吧 托德 你有什么话要说 |
[10:41] | I just wanna– | 我只想… |
[10:42] | Don’t answer that, soldier! | 不要答话 士兵 |
[10:44] | – This man is an American hero. – And who are you? | -此人是美国的英雄 -您是哪位 |
[10:46] | I’m Lieutenant Colonel Archwood, United States Army. | 我是美国陆军拱木木中校 |
[10:49] | I had the pleasure of commanding this young man in Iraq. | 我很高兴在伊拉克担任此人上级 |
[10:52] | I’m staying on his couch this weekend | 这周末我进城参加婚礼 |
[10:53] | while I’m in town for a wedding. | 在他家沙发上借宿来着 |
[10:54] | I am a licensed attorney, a veteran of two wars, | 我是个持证律师 两战老兵 |
[10:57] | and I’d like to know why in hell he’s being arrested. | 我想知道到底为什么他会被捕 |
[11:02] | Mr. Winger, what is the intention here? | 翁格先生 您有什么目的 |
[11:04] | Simple. When Todd smashed our yam, he stole an “A” from us. | 很简单 托德毁了我们的番薯和”A” |
[11:08] | We want it back. | 我们要拿回我们应得的 |
[11:08] | You mean if he smashed the yam. | 你说的是”可能” |
[11:11] | All you have is the word of this Mr. Star-Burns, | 你们有的证据只是星霸先生的一面之词 |
[11:13] | who offers up no explanation as to why he was at the scene. | 却没有解释星霸先生当时为何在场 |
[11:16] | How about it, Jeffrey? | 你怎么说 杰夫瑞 |
[11:17] | What was Star-Burns doing there? | 星霸当时在那干吗 |
[11:19] | We agreed to withhold that information | 我们与目击者拉钩协定了 |
[11:21] | as part of a pinky swear with the witness. | 决定对此信息进行保密 |
[11:23] | A pinky swear? | 拉钩 |
[11:24] | This is ludicrous. | 太可笑了 |
[11:25] | This whole school is ludicrous. | 这所学校也太可笑了 |
[11:27] | Who honors the pinky swear of a degenerate | 谁会听信一个拉钩协定 |
[11:29] | over the word of a decorated soldier? | 对一个战功卓越的士兵的污蔑 |
[11:31] | I’m inclined to agree with the man in uniform. | 我倾向于赞同制服哥的意见 |
[11:34] | – Shocker. – Jeffrey. | -墙头草 -杰夫瑞 |
[11:35] | Tell us what Star-Burns was doing in that classroom, | 告诉我们星霸当时在那干吗 |
[11:38] | or your group can take an “F.” | 要不然你们组只能得F |
[11:40] | Hold up, hold up, hold up. | 慢着慢着 |
[11:42] | I grade my students. | 评分是我的事 |
[11:44] | Now, what star face was doing there is irrelevant. | 现在星星脸搞了些什么不重要了 |
[11:46] | What matters is what he saw. | 重要的是他看到了些什么 |
[11:48] | I’m upholding the pinky swear. | 我支持拉钩协定 |
[11:49] | What? | 什么 |
[11:50] | Yo, man, you spent your life in the army. | 哥们 你的人生在军营度过 |
[11:53] | I spent mine in prison. | 我的却是在监狱里 |
[11:54] | Two places where a man’s word is only as good as his uniform. | 这俩地方都是穿的衣服决定你话的可信度 |
[11:58] | Now out here, it’s supposed to be different. | 现在在这俩地方以外事情该不一样了 |
[12:00] | And in my class, it will be. | 在我的班上 就是这样 |
[12:02] | You two can plead your case to the class | 你们俩可以把案情陈述给同学 |
[12:04] | and let them decide your grades. | 让他们决定你们拿多少分 |
[12:07] | Professor… Thank you. | 教授 谢谢你 |
[12:10] | It’s not a favor, Mr. Winger. | 这可不是帮你们的忙 翁格先生 |
[12:12] | A man’s gotta have a code. | 人总得有个行为准则 |
[12:14] | Awesome. | 说得真好 |
[12:16] | See you in class. | 课上见 |
[12:22] | Uniform. | 制服控 |
[12:27] | Shirley did some more digging. | 雪瑞深入调查了一下 |
[12:28] | Turns out Todd’s yam never even sprouted. | 发现托德的番薯都没发芽 |
[12:30] | Goes to motive. | 这下有作案动机了 |
[12:32] | And Star-Burns puts Todd in the classroom at 8:10. | 星霸八点十分在实验室看到他了 |
[12:35] | Opportunity. | 作案时间也有了 |
[12:35] | Add to that a cut on the hand | 再加上手上的伤口 |
[12:36] | And the Winger charm, we might get an a-plus-plus. | 还有翁格的魅力 应该就是他了 |
[12:40] | We still have a lot of work to do. | 还得加把劲 |
[12:41] | Oh, I think you’ve done enough. | 我想你做的已经够多了 |
[12:42] | Colonel Archwood got to Star-Burns. | 拱木木中校去找星霸了 |
[12:44] | Threatened to involve the real cops. | 以真正的警察威胁他 |
[12:45] | Now Star-Burns is in the wind. | 现在星霸都风中凌乱了 |
[12:49] | He’s our only witness. | 他是我们唯一的目击者 |
[12:50] | That what you guys do in here? | 这就是你们干的好事吗 |
[12:51] | You push your little papers | 拿出几张破纸 |
[12:52] | and you make your little speeches, | 发表几段烂演讲 |
[12:53] | and in the end another dirtbag walks? | 最后又放跑另一条线索是吗 |
[12:55] | Huh? Huh?! | 是吗 是不 |
[12:58] | Abed! Abed! | 阿布蒂 阿布蒂 |
[12:59] | Abed! Walk it off! | 阿布蒂 淡定点 |
[13:01] | Walk it off! | 务必淡定 |
[13:05] | I’m sorry about my partner. | 对于我搭档带来的不便深表歉意 |
[13:07] | He–he’s been on edge ever since we switched. | 我们互换角色设定之后他就老在崩溃边缘 |
[13:14] | Annie, that class already hates us. | 安妮 同学们已经够讨厌我们了 |
[13:16] | If we go in there without a case, they’ll fail us. | 要是咱们没有证据就开庭 输定了 |
[13:18] | We have proof our yam was murdered | 我们有证据表明番薯是被谋杀的 |
[13:19] | and now you find your softness? | 现在意识到自己温柔体贴的一面了吗 |
[13:22] | It’s eat or be eaten when that’s convenient, | 天下太平时就张牙舞爪 |
[13:23] | but when the going gets tough, Winger gets nervous, huh? | 一旦陷入困局 翁格就小紧张了是吧 |
[13:26] | We have no case, Annie. | 咱们根本立不了案 安妮 |
[13:27] | It’s too late to get one, Jeff. | 现在立案为时已晚 杰夫 |
[13:30] | We only have time to get justice. | 只余时间力求公道 |
[13:34] | 生物教室 甘薯谜案 第一部分 | |
[13:35] | Tell us what happened next, Todd. | 说说之后发生了什么 托德 |
[13:38] | I disarmed the IED | 我拆解了爆炸装置 |
[13:40] | and returned the child to his mother. | 将幼儿送还给其母亲 |
[13:42] | She offered to give me her only possession–a wooden chair– | 她将唯一的财产送给我 一把木椅子 |
[13:46] | But I refused. | 但是我拒绝了 |
[13:47] | I was only doing my duty and we had | 我只不过是恪尽职责 而且 |
[13:50] | plenty of chairs at the base. | 我们基地里椅子也不少了 |
[13:52] | And for your valor, you were awarded a bronze star. | 为表彰你的英勇 你被授予了青铜星章 |
[13:54] | In fact, you have an absolutely glowing service record. | 实际上 你的服役岁月简直光耀门楣 |
[13:56] | – Don’t you, private? – I do my best. | -是吗 二等兵 -鞠躬尽瘁竭尽所能 |
[13:58] | You do more than that, soldier. | 你的功绩远远不止 士兵 |
[14:00] | Certainly more than this witness | 必然要超过这位自以为 |
[14:03] | who supposedly saw you kill the yam. | 看到你杀死番薯的目击者 |
[14:04] | A man who for all we know | 这位众所周知的 |
[14:06] | is a holocaust-denying, 9/11 pedophile. | 大屠杀否认者 9-11岁恋童癖 |
[14:09] | – Objection. – Withdrawn. | -反对 -收回 |
[14:12] | One last question. | 最后一个问题 |
[14:13] | Did you intentionally break into | 你有没有故意闯入 |
[14:14] | the biology room with the express purpose | 生物教室 并蓄意谋杀 |
[14:17] | of killing the study group’s yam? | 学习小组的番薯 |
[14:19] | No, sir, I did not. | 没 长官 我没有 |
[14:21] | Thank you, soldier. | 谢谢 士兵 |
[14:22] | And god bless your testimony. | 上帝保佑你的证词 |
[14:26] | Your witness. | 目击证人 |
[14:30] | Tell me, Todd, | 告诉我 托德 |
[14:32] | do you consider yourself a hero? | 你是不是觉得自己是英雄 |
[14:34] | Oh, no. | 没有 |
[14:35] | Of course not. | 当然没有了 |
[14:36] | A hero doesn’t call himself a hero. | 英雄从不自称是英雄 |
[14:38] | A hero gets called a hero because of what he does. | 英雄是因自己所做的事情而被颂为英雄 |
[14:41] | And with your impressive record, | 而鉴于你这辉煌的成就 |
[14:42] | not even I could deny you the title. | 就连我都无法否定您的伟大头衔 |
[14:43] | Objection, she’s clearly ramping up to something. | 反对 她明显是在激将 |
[14:45] | Objection, that’s not a real objection. | 反对 刚才的反对算不上真正的反对 |
[14:47] | Objection, I hate the both of you. | 反对 你俩都招人厌 |
[14:49] | You may proceed, Ms. Edison, but do so with caution. | 继续 埃迪生女士 但请谨慎用词 |
[14:51] | Need I remind you this is not a courtroom? | 需要我提醒你这里并非是法庭 |
[14:54] | I spent the majority of last night | 昨天我和翁格先生一同耗费大半个晚上 |
[14:56] | going over your records with Mr. Winger, | 浏览研究了你的档案 |
[14:57] | scouring them for the slightest mistake, the tiniest slip up. | 细细查寻最轻微的错误或最细小的纰漏 |
[15:02] | And I gotta tell you, Todd. Couldn’t find a thing. | 但是我要告诉你 托德 半分也没有 |
[15:05] | Not one little smudge. | 毫无瑕疵 |
[15:07] | Except, of course, for one pesky yam that just wouldn’t grow. | 只除了 一株讨厌的番薯没长成 |
[15:13] | That had to weigh on your soul, didn’t it, Todd? | 这件事肯定让你大受打击吧 托德 |
[15:15] | – Maybe a little. – A little? | -有一点儿 -一点儿 |
[15:16] | A big orange splotch on your perfect record? | 完美的履历中出现了如此刺眼的污点 |
[15:20] | I bet that pissed you right off, didn’t it? | 我打赌你肯定气疯了 是吧 |
[15:23] | Is that why you hit your wife? | 因此你才会殴打你的妻子对吗 |
[15:24] | Withdrawn. | 收回 |
[15:26] | Is that why you drink and pop pills? | 因此你才会酗酒又嗑药对吧 |
[15:27] | Withdrawn. | 收回 |
[15:28] | Are you a virgin? Withdrawn. | 你是处男吗 收回 |
[15:30] | Did you… | 你有没有 |
[15:33] | Kill our yam to settle the score, huh? | 杀死我们的番薯以泄私愤 |
[15:36] | Did stomping on its roots make you feel like a big man? | 狠狠碾压它的根须想必让你很有成就感吧 |
[15:39] | No, it didn’t. | 才不是呢 |
[15:40] | I mean, I didn’t– | 我是说 我没有 |
[15:42] | Todd, zip it. | 托德 闭嘴 |
[15:44] | No, you zip it, uncle Knobby. | 不要 你闭嘴 木疙瘩叔叔 |
[15:46] | I’m not fighting your wars anymore. | 我已经不再是给你卖命打仗的小兵了 |
[15:48] | Listen to me, Todd. | 听我说 托德 |
[15:50] | I know how scary a failing grade can be, | 我知道不及格的感觉很恐怖 |
[15:53] | but this one dead yam won’t tarnish your record. | 但这株死番薯并不会让你的履历蒙受污点 |
[15:56] | What will tarnish it is lying to your class, | 真正让你蒙污的是欺骗你的同学 |
[16:00] | to your teacher, and to me. | 欺骗你的老师 欺骗我 |
[16:02] | The American citizen you’ve sworn to protect. | 欺骗我们这些你曾宣誓效忠的美国公民 |
[16:05] | Come on, Todd. | 勇敢起来 托德 |
[16:07] | Stop disappointing me. | 别再让我对你失望 |
[16:09] | Defuse the IED of dishonesty. | 拆解掉这不诚之炸弹吧 |
[16:16] | It was an accident. | 那只是个意外 |
[16:18] | I just wanted to look at your yam, | 我只是想看看你们的番薯 |
[16:20] | but when I picked up the jar, it burnt me and I dropped it. | 但拿起水罐 却被烫了一下所以掉在地上 |
[16:24] | Booyah! | 中了 |
[16:27] | That’s how it’s done! | 这就是案件的真相 |
[16:32] | Todd, | 托德 |
[16:35] | I’m telling your mother. | 我要告诉你妈妈去 |
[16:36] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[16:37] | Always have an exit strategy. | 想溜的人总有借口 |
[16:43] | I think I’ve heard enough. | 我想我已经听得够多了 |
[16:45] | Professor Kane, may we have a sidebar in your office? | 凯恩教授 我们可否到你办公室小议片刻 |
[16:52] | I want a mistrial. | 我想要一个无效审判 |
[16:53] | Just give us a “C,” give Todd a “C.” | 给我们得个C 也给托德一个C |
[16:55] | – Excuse me? – What? | -你说什么 -啥 |
[16:57] | Can we take a sidebar in this sidebar? | 我们能不能再对此小议一下 |
[17:00] | Jeff, we’re about to get our “A.” | 杰夫 我们本来能得A的 |
[17:02] | – Todd didn’t do it. – Um, he just confessed, dummy. | -凶手不是托德 -他刚已经认罪了 呆子 |
[17:04] | He said the jar burned him? | 他说被水罐烫了一下 |
[17:06] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 这毫无道理 |
[17:07] | People don’t half-confess to crimes. | 没人会认罪只认一半 |
[17:09] | Look, when we started this, | 听着 当我们决意做此事时 |
[17:11] | you were after the truth. | 你就开始了真理追求之路 |
[17:12] | And then I convinced you it was more important to win. | 我想劝你这比打赢官司更重要 |
[17:16] | Don’t be like me. | 别搞得像我一样 |
[17:18] | A man’s got to have a code. | 做男人必须要有原则 |
[17:20] | I can only assume there is a female equivalent to that. | 假设成女人也应该有原则 |
[17:23] | – A “Codette” or something. – But– | -可以说是”媛则”啥的 -可是 |
[17:25] | It’s not worth getting an “A” | 如果因此让一个无辜之人得个”F” |
[17:27] | if an innocent man might get an “F.” | 那么这个A我们拿的并不值得 |
[17:31] | Okay, I heard all of that and I accept. | 好吧 我都听到了 我同意 |
[17:36] | All right. | 好了 |
[17:38] | After speaking to the wronged parties, I’ve decided to– | 在跟蒙冤的当事人交流之后 我决定 |
[17:41] | Uh, if it pleases the bio class, | 如果生物课同学不介意的话 |
[17:44] | I have closing arguments. | 我要做结案陈词了 |
[17:45] | Of course you do. | 当然可以 |
[17:48] | Why was it so hard for all of us to grow a yam? | 为什么大家培育番薯总是千辛万苦 |
[17:55] | It’s just a stupid yam in a stupid jar. | 不过是破瓶子里的破番薯而已 |
[17:58] | We’re all fully-grown adults | 都是堂堂成年人却完不成 |
[18:00] | failing a kindergarten project. | 这幼稚园级别的课程 |
[18:02] | – Can I object? – I’ll allow it. | -我可以反对吗 -我允许 |
[18:04] | Sustained. | 我继续 |
[18:05] | And all this time we assumed | 一直以来我们都以为 |
[18:07] | our yam was targeted, | 凶手针对的是我们自己的番薯 |
[18:08] | that someone had stomped its roots maliciously. | 所以才会被人恶意地破坏践踏 |
[18:11] | But what if– what if our yam’s roots | 但是如果 我们番薯的根 |
[18:14] | were dead before they hit the ground? | 在落地之前就已经死亡了呢 |
[18:18] | – Hey, that’s mine! – Look at it. | -嘿 那是我的 -快看 |
[18:20] | Everyone look. | 大家请看 |
[18:21] | Smushed without being stepped on. | 一脚都没踩就碎成这样 |
[18:25] | Because it didn’t have to be stepped on. | 原因就是它根本不用脚踩 |
[18:27] | Because it was boiled. | 因为它已经被煮过了 |
[18:30] | Someone has been pouring boiling water into our jars at night. | 那晚有人向咱们的水罐中注入了沸水 |
[18:34] | No one noticed because the water cooled off by morning. | 没人会注意到因为到了早上水就变凉了 |
[18:37] | Boiling water is the icicle stabbing of yam killing. | 沸水才是导致番薯死亡的真正原因 |
[18:42] | Ooh, but that didn’t– | 可是却被 |
[18:47] | This yam isn’t boiled. | 这个番薯没有被煮 |
[18:49] | Vicki? | 薇琪 |
[18:49] | I don’t–I didn’t do it, I swear! | 我没有 我没干 我发誓 |
[18:52] | I boiled the yams. | 番薯是我煮的 |
[18:53] | Vicki’s yam never sprouted | 薇琪的番薯没有发芽 |
[18:54] | and I didn’t want her to fail, | 而且我也不希望她不及格 |
[18:56] | so I threw off the grading curve | 所以我搞乱全班的成绩分配 |
[18:57] | so she wouldn’t have to go to summer school | 这样她就不用上暑期班 |
[18:58] | and we can finally have sex in my parents’ cabin. | 我们就终于能够在我爸妈的小木屋嘿咻了 |
[19:01] | God forgive me, I did it for love! | 上帝请宽恕我 我全是为了爱 |
[19:06] | Holy crap. | 你大爷的 |
[19:06] | We are definitely dissecting pine cones next year. | 下个学年老子要让你们解剖松果 |
[19:10] | Neil has agreed to retake biology over the summer | 尼尔同意暑假过后重考生物 |
[19:13] | and his status as keymaster has been revoked. | 他作为制钥大师的称号也被撤销 |
[19:16] | After all the politics and procedure, in the end, | 经过各种纠结和手续 最终 |
[19:19] | the case really was about biology. | 本案还真的跟生物有关 |
[19:21] | Told you it was an important subject. | 早跟你说过这是一门重要学科 |
[19:25] | Hello? | 喂 |
[19:33] | I understand. | 我知道了 |
[19:37] | Star-burns got rear-ended | 星霸的车被追尾 |
[19:39] | and the meth lab in his trunk exploded. | 他车后的制冰设备爆炸了 |
[19:43] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[19:53] | – Abed? – Yeah? | -阿布蒂 -怎么 |
[19:55] | Why don’t we have bunk bed conversations? | 为什么我们没有双层床对话 |
[19:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:59] | We’re best friends, we share a bunk bed. | 我们是死党 我们共享一张双层床 |
[20:01] | Seems like we should be having them all the time. | 感觉我们应该一直都有双层床对话 |
[20:03] | You start. | 你先来 |
[20:04] | Okay. Why do you think they call them “Bunk beds”? | 好 你觉得为什么会叫它”双层床” |
[20:07] | Where’s the word “Bunk” come from? | “双层”这个词是从何而出呢 |
[20:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:10] | I think it comes from the word “Bunker.” | 也许是源自”地下仓” |
[20:12] | So when is your apartment done being fumigated? | 话说你们的公寓烟熏啥时候完工 |
[20:16] | Oh, it was done about a week ago. | 一周前就完工了 |
[20:17] | Then why are you still here? | 那么你俩为啥还在这里 |
[20:18] | I brought you some warm milk. | 我给你们带了热牛奶哟 |
[20:22] | There you go. | 给 |
[20:23] | *Troy and Abed, off to dreamland* | *小伊与阿布 携手赴幻境* |
[20:27] | *Catching the train to sleepytown* | *赶上了火车 开往沉睡乡* |
[20:31] | *And when they wake up* | *待到醒来时* |
[20:32] | *The dean’ll be here, staring at you.* | *院长站一旁 脉脉望断肠* |
[20:37] | *Sweet deans.* | *佳人俏院长* |
[20:39] | That’s nice… I guess. | 真甜蜜 ╮( ̄▽ ̄”)╭ |