时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Good afternoon, Greendale community college. | 下午好 格林德尔社区大学 |
[00:04] | I am your dean with a few corrections to the fall class catalog. | 我是院长 现对秋季课程概况作小小纠正 |
[00:08] | Cosmology should be cosmetology, | 宇宙学 应该是美容学 |
[00:11] | astrology should be astronomy, | 占星术 应该是天文学 |
[00:13] | and the students on the cover should be smiling, | 概况封面的学生 应该是面露笑容 |
[00:16] | but I suppose that’s a matter of opinion. | 当然 这是个人观点 |
[00:18] | Whoever is growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, | 在体育馆后面种了小片大麻的同学 |
[00:22] | congratulations. You have won a cruise. | 恭喜 你赢得了豪华邮轮之行 |
[00:24] | Report to security to claim your tickets. | 快去保安处领取船票吧 |
[00:27] | In order to increase awareness of homelessness, | 为提高对流浪者的识别率 |
[00:30] | security has been given binoculars. | 校保安已经配备了望远镜 |
[00:32] | In campus news, | 学院新闻方面 |
[00:34] | the debate over our library’s PA system continues | 关于图书馆内广播的讨论依然如火如荼 |
[00:37] | with some students suggesting its volume be lowered, | 有些同学建议降低广播音量 |
[00:40] | while others question its very purpose. | 有些则质问图书馆装广播的意义何在 |
[00:42] | More on that story as it unfolds. | 这问题会继续展开讨论 |
[00:45] | – That dude makes a lot of announcements. – I like it, | -这家伙的屁广播可真多 -我喜欢 |
[00:47] | it makes every ten minutes feel like the beginning of a new scene of a tv show. | 仿佛每隔十分钟 电视剧就出现一个新场景 |
[00:50] | Of course the illusion only lasts until someone says something they’d never say on tv | 当然 如果某人说了句从未出现的台词 |
[00:54] | like how much their life is like tv. There, it’s gone. | 比如 “人生如戏” 那么意境就全砸了 |
[00:56] | I guess Jeff’s running late again. | 我想杰夫又迟到了 |
[00:58] | What a shame. We should get started… | 真遗憾 不如我们先开始吧 |
[01:01] | No no no, I think we should wait for Jeff before we start studying. | 不不不 我觉得应该等他来了再开始 |
[01:05] | But maybe when Jeff gets here, | 但是 杰夫到了后 |
[01:07] | we could talk to him as a group about his tardiness. | 我们以小组名义 跟他谈谈拖拉的问题 |
[01:10] | Come on, don’t use that word around Abed. | 别用带拉的词 阿拉伯仔在这儿呢 |
[01:12] | In any case, if you want me to have a chat with Jeff, I’d be happy to do it. | 总之 如果大家希望我私下跟杰夫谈谈 我乐意效劳 |
[01:15] | We’ve got a bond going, kind of. Sorta like brothers. | 我俩可铁了 就像兄弟 |
[01:18] | I hope your mom didn’t make you take baths together ‘ | 希望你们老妈没让你们小时一起洗澡澡 |
[01:20] | cause one of you would’ve been like 30. | 某位当时应该30了吧 |
[01:21] | – That’s funny. – You know, Jeff probably comes late | -太搞笑了 -杰夫可能是故意迟到 |
[01:23] | so he doesn’t have to sit through your tardiness. | 这样他不用忍受你拖拉的笑话 |
[01:26] | Sorry. Abed. | 抱歉 阿布蒂 |
[01:29] | Will you guys have some self respect? | 你们的自尊哪里去了 |
[01:31] | You’re obsessing over someone who does not give you a second thought. | 居然对一个根本不把你们放心上的人如此着迷 |
[01:34] | Meanwhile, in Guatemala, journalists are being killed by their own government. | 你们闲聊时 危地马拉的记者正被自己的政府残杀 |
[01:38] | Maybe you’re jumped a column. What’s happening in Guatemala? | 你是不是换了个讨论专题 危地马拉怎么了 |
[01:40] | – Nothing. – Journalists are being murdered? | -没什么 -记者被残杀 |
[01:44] | Believe me, every day in that country, people are being killed for speaking out. | 相信我 在那个国家每天都有人因大胆言论而被杀害 |
[01:47] | The worst part of it is when it’s over… | 而最恶劣的是 暴行结束后 |
[01:50] | – Spoilers. – It’s gonna be as if it would never even happened. | -剧透 -能被掩盖得如没有发生一样 |
[01:52] | Abed. | 阿布蒂 |
[01:54] | Real stories… They don’t have spoilers. | 真实事件 没有剧透可言 |
[01:57] | You understand that tv and life are different, right? | 你明白电视剧和现实生活是不同的 对吧 |
[02:05] | – Milady. – Milord. | -女士 -大人 |
[02:07] | – Baby. – Sweetie. | -宝贝儿 -甜心 |
[02:09] | – You smell nice. Vitamin P. – Morning, Jeffrey. | -真香啊 维他命皮哥 -早安 杰夫瑞 |
[02:12] | People were jazzed to see me too. | 我来时大家也很激动 |
[02:14] | – Word ’em up. – Word ’em everywhere. | -乐乐 -到处乐乐 |
[02:16] | – Good entrance. – That was for you. | -精彩的登场 -献给你的 |
[02:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:23] | – Britta. – Hey, Jeff. | -布雷塔 -杰夫 |
[02:25] | I think there’s something that the group would like to talk to you about. | 我想大家都有些话想和你说说 |
[02:28] | Actually, there’s nothing… | 其实没什么 |
[02:32] | Okay, if you’re gonna study with people, | 如果你想和大家一起学习 |
[02:33] | it would be cool of you to show up on time. | 就应该准时出现 |
[02:35] | Were you waiting? | 你们等我了吗 |
[02:36] | No. | 没有 |
[02:37] | – I just got here. – Cause you usually spend the first 20 minutes | -我刚到 -因为你们总是花上头20分钟 |
[02:40] | talking about your interesting personal lives and your cool emotional problems. | 分享各自的趣味人生 以及眼花缭乱的情感问题 |
[02:45] | I just feel I never have anything to offer. | 而我 却无法提供精彩的分享 |
[02:48] | No no, truth is my life is emptier than this three-ring binder. | 我的人生 就如这三孔活页夹一样空虚 |
[02:52] | Annie, do you have any Spanish notes that might fit in there? | 安妮 你有没有西语笔记帮我填补一下这空虚 |
[02:56] | Double-spaced. Thank you. | 双倍行距[更易阅读] 太谢谢了 |
[02:58] | So, what’s a guy got to do to get a C around here? | 为了挣个C咱该做点啥 |
[03:03] | One-liner. | 这话真俏皮 |
[03:34] | See you later. Bye. | 回见 拜 |
[03:38] | You know what today is? | 知道今天是什么日子吗 |
[03:40] | The two-week anniversary of my horrible first impression. | 我那可怕第一印象的两周纪念日 |
[03:42] | – There’s a card for that? – Not specifically, | -还有专门贺这个的卡吗 -不是很对路 |
[03:44] | but if you think of grandsons as a metaphor for friendship, | 但如果你把孙子看作是友谊的隐喻 |
[03:47] | I think you’ll agree with this transformer here | 我想 你就会同意这个变形金刚说的 |
[03:49] | that it’s time for ours to become a man. | 我们的友谊 是时候变成爷了 |
[03:51] | – By reading from the Torah. – Look, Jeff. | -摘自《旧约》 -听着 杰夫 |
[03:53] | You’re harmless enough to me cause a life full of ups and downs | 你对我来说没有杀伤力 坎坷的人生 |
[03:56] | has given me douche-ray vision, but those are good people in there, | 给了我一双看穿伪君子的透视眼 但这些人是好人 |
[04:00] | and they trust and respect you. Watching you exploit them kind bums me out. | 他们相信并尊重你 看着你利用他们令我很生气 |
[04:03] | – Exploit them? They’re my friends. – You want me to bring your car around? | -利用? 他们是我的朋友 -需要我把你的车开过来吗 |
[04:06] | No, Abed. | 不用 阿布蒂 |
[04:08] | I don’t want you to bring my car around. | 我不需要你帮我把车开过来 |
[04:11] | I’ll bring yours around, good guy. You get going, all right. | 还是我帮你吧 好人一个 你该走了 |
[04:14] | You’re cute, | 你算可爱吧 |
[04:15] | but selfish and narcissistic to the point of near delusion. | 但你自私自恋到自欺的地步 |
[04:21] | She said I was cute. | 她说我可爱 |
[04:22] | Tell you what, you take her. I have less to prove. | 你放心上吧 我的泡妞伟绩已经够了 |
[04:25] | You know, Jeff. You can’t pursue people so desperately. | 杰夫 追女不能这样穷追猛打 |
[04:28] | It starts to creep them out. | 会吓着她们 |
[04:30] | Why don’t we go get a beer? I’ll give you some advice, | 不如我们去喝一杯吧 我可以给你些建议 |
[04:33] | and we can have what the kids calls a sausage fest. | 然后来个时下小青年说的 “无妞聚会” |
[04:36] | I’m not much of a sausage guy, Pierce. Maybe next time. | 皮尔斯 纯男人的聚会我兴趣不大 下次吧 |
[04:40] | Next time, then. | 那就说好下次 |
[04:46] | Britta, will you tell us more about Guatemala? | 布雷塔 多讲些危地马拉的事吧 |
[04:48] | I never went to a real college. I want to be political. | 好不容易上了大学 我想在政治上活跃下 |
[04:50] | That’s good, you guys should discover that stuff on your own. | 很好啊 但你们应该自己去挖掘新闻 |
[04:52] | But we need your help. | 我们需要你的帮助 |
[04:54] | We’ve been living on the wrong side of the looking glass. | 我们一直都是从错误的方向观察这个世界 |
[04:56] | You’re like Jodie Foster or Susan Sarandon. | 你就像是朱迪·福斯特 或是苏珊·萨兰登 |
[04:59] | You’d rather keep it real than be likeable. | 塑造的荧幕形象 宁愿不讨喜也要真实 |
[05:00] | Can you at least tell us what to google? | 至少告诉我们谷歌上用什么关键词来搜吧 |
[05:02] | You could start with this journalist Chacata-Panecos. | 输入记者奇卡达·潘科试试 |
[05:05] | He wrote an article critical of the government, and they killed him. | 他写了篇批评政府的报道 然后就被杀害了 |
[05:08] | – That’s horrible. – Can we have a protest? | -太可怕了 -我们能抗议一下吗 |
[05:10] | I want to protest the hell out of something. | 老娘要去好好地抗议一番 |
[05:12] | We could have a candlelight vigil | 我们可以搞个烛光守夜活动 |
[05:13] | – like lesbians have on the news. – I can make brownies. | -就像新闻里女同性恋组织的那种 -我可以做巧克力蛋糕 |
[05:18] | Brownies? | 巧克力蛋糕 |
[05:19] | Every once in a while, a student come up to me and ask, | 隔三差五的 就会有学生来问我 |
[05:22] | “Senor Chang, why do you teach Spanish?” | 昌老师 你为什么教西班牙语 |
[05:28] | They say it just like that. | 就是这种语气 |
[05:30] | “Why do you teach | 你 为什么教 |
[05:32] | Spanish?” | 西班牙语 |
[05:35] | “Why you?” | 你 为什么 |
[05:38] | Why not math? | 为什么不教数学 |
[05:43] | Why not photography? | 为什么不教摄影 |
[05:47] | Why not martial arts? | 为什么不教武术 |
[05:50] | I mean, surely it must be in my nature | 我的确天生就有这种气质 |
[05:52] | to instruct you in something | 引导大家去探索 |
[05:54] | that’s ancient and secret | 古老而又神秘的东西 |
[05:56] | like building a wall that you can see from outer space. | 比如说 建个在太空里也能看到的墙 |
[06:00] | I’ll tell you why I teach Spanish. | 我告诉你 为什么我教西班牙语 |
[06:02] | It is none of your business, okay? | 这不关你们的事 明白了吗 |
[06:04] | Now, I don’t want to have any conversations | 我不想再和任何人讨论 |
[06:07] | about what a mysterious and inscrutable man I am. | 我是一个多么神秘多么难测的人 |
[06:16] | I am a Spanish genius! | 我是西班牙语天才 |
[06:20] | In Espanol, my nickname is | 用西班牙语讲 我的绰号是 |
[06:22] | “El tigre chino”! | 中国虎[The Tiger Chinese] |
[06:28] | ‘Cause my knowledge will bite her face off! | 我的渊博学识可以把她的脸咬掉 |
[06:33] | So don’t question Senor Chang or you’ll get bit. | 如果你怀疑昌老师不行 就等着被咬吧 |
[06:38] | Ya bit. | 咬你 |
[06:39] | Ya bit! | 咬你 |
[06:46] | Friday manana, we’ll have conversations with the rest of the class | 周五上午 同学间要进行对话 |
[06:49] | using some of the phrases we learned in unit one. | 要求是用上第一单元所学的短语 |
[06:52] | You’ll be partnering up in pairs of dos. | 搭档形式为二人组合 |
[06:57] | So if you look under your desk, | 看看课桌下面 |
[06:59] | you’ll find a card with either a picture or a word on it. | 你会发现一张卡 卡上是图片或词语 |
[07:03] | For ejemplo, blondie aqui | 比如 这位金发妹妹 |
[07:05] | has a card with a picture of a house on it. | 拿到一张画有房子的卡片 |
[07:08] | So that means the person with the card with the word casa on it is her partner. | 那么拿到写有西语”房子”卡片的人 就是她的搭档了 |
[07:13] | Comprende, Star-Burns? | 包括”星霸”在内 |
[07:18] | Okay, see you Friday. Find your partners. Have a great day. | 周五见 找到搭档 祝你们有美好的一天 |
[07:21] | And what do we say at the end of every class? | 每堂课结束时要说什么 |
[07:24] | Hasta luego. | 再见 |
[07:27] | Come on, hands… 90% of Spanish. | 来吧 手势 90%的西语靠手势表达 |
[07:29] | Hasta luego. | 再见 |
[07:31] | Excenlletn, excenlletn. | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[07:34] | Abed, Abed. | 阿布蒂 阿布蒂 |
[07:36] | – You want to trade cards? – No. | -要和我换卡吗 -不 |
[07:38] | I’ll give you 20 bucks. | 给你20块换 |
[07:41] | No. | 不 |
[07:42] | 50 bucks. | 50块 |
[07:43] | No, I don’t want your money. I want Your shirt. | 不 我不要钱 我要你的衬衫 |
[07:46] | – What? – I’ve had my eye on it since registration first day. | -什么 -我来注册那天就看上眼了 |
[07:50] | All right, fine. Give me your card. | 好的 卡给我 |
[07:51] | I don’t think you understand. I want to wear it out of here. | 你没懂我意思 我要穿着走出教室 |
[07:55] | – Thanks. – Gracias. | -谢谢 -谢谢[西语] |
[07:57] | What are the odds? | 真巧啊 |
[07:59] | Are you sure you didn’t adjust the odds? | 你确定自己没在”巧”字上下下功夫吗 |
[08:01] | I know Abed’s been eyeing that shirt for three weeks. | 我知道三周前 阿布蒂就看上你那破衫了 |
[08:04] | It’s almost like you gave it to him so he would switch cards. | 看起来挺像是你用那破衫换了卡片啊 |
[08:07] | I gave Abed my shirt because I’m not selfish, | 给阿布蒂衬衫 是我不自私的表现 |
[08:10] | which is something I guess you’ll finally discover | 至于我的无私 我们练习对话时 |
[08:12] | while we are working on this. | 你绝对可以发现 |
[08:14] | Tomorrow night? Dinner, drinks. | 明晚 晚餐 美酒 |
[08:16] | I think that’s something we should discuss with our partners. | 我觉得这应该和各自的搭档商量 |
[08:20] | See, I did switch cards. | 看 我也会这招 |
[08:25] | Can you believe this? What are the odds? | 相信吗 真巧啊 |
[08:29] | – That’s a nice shirt. Want to sell it? – Yes. | -T恤不错啊 想卖不 -卖你了 |
[08:35] | What’s the moist towelette industry like? | 知道湿纸巾产业是何种情形吗 |
[08:37] | Believe me, it’s nothing like the product. | 相信我 和看到的湿纸巾完全不一样 |
[08:40] | It’s a hard, dry, large business. | 坚硬 干燥 庞大的生意 |
[08:43] | Destroyed all my marriages. | 毁了我所有的婚姻 |
[08:45] | Of course it didn’t help I can’t have children. I’m not sterile. | 当然对我没孩子也没啥帮助 我没有不育的毛病 |
[08:48] | In fact, it’s a rare condition they call “hyper-virility”. | 事实上 是一种称为生殖力过剩的罕见状况 |
[08:52] | Apparently my sperm shoot through the egg like bullets. | 很显然 我的子弹太强劲 把卵子给打穿了 |
[08:56] | – Can you believe that? – I can’t. | -你相信吗 -不信 |
[08:58] | But you can, so that’s fine. | 你相信就行 |
[09:00] | So, the assignment is | 作业是 |
[09:01] | to write a Spanish conversation using those five phrases. | 用这5个短语 写一段西班牙语对话 |
[09:06] | Hemingway’s lemonade. | 海明威的柠檬水[海明威酗酒] |
[09:09] | We don’t need to make it a long evening, we can just… | 没必要弄到很晚 我们只要 |
[09:11] | What am I? A piece of garbage to you? | 把我当什么 一件垃圾 |
[09:13] | What? | 什么 |
[09:14] | No. | 不是 |
[09:18] | Got ya. Come on, | 唬到你了 来吧 |
[09:20] | let’s have one drink before we work. | 做作业前喝一杯吧 |
[09:29] | To the “empowerage” of words. | 敬语言的”强词夺理” |
[09:31] | To the irony of that sentence. | 敬你这句”生花妙语” |
[09:36] | So what’s up with you, Jeffrey? | 杰夫瑞 到底怎么了 |
[09:37] | Seems like you got a burr up your ass or some. | 如坐针毡似的 |
[09:42] | Well, I guess that it’s… | 这个 我想是因为 |
[09:44] | – I think it’s Britta. – Forget Britta. | -是因为布雷塔 -忘了布雷塔吧 |
[09:46] | All you have to know about her is her name. What is she, a water filter? | 就名字有点特色 貌似是个滤水器的牌子吧 |
[09:49] | She’s ugly. | 她丑死了 |
[09:53] | – Why don’t we start with me saying… – What are you doing? | -不如由我先说… -你在做什么 |
[09:57] | Our assignment. | 我们的作业 |
[09:58] | No no no! | 不不不 |
[10:00] | This is the first time people gonna see Winger and Hawthorne together. | 这可是震撼眼球的 翁格与霍桑强强联手的处女作 |
[10:03] | We gonna show them we’re a force to be reckoned with. | 我们得让大家见识咱们的厉害 |
[10:05] | Come on, let’s brainstorm some story ideas. | 来吧 头脑风暴一下看说个什么故事 |
[10:10] | Better yet, before we do that, let’s ask ourselves… | 更妙的是 在想点子前 我们先问问自己 |
[10:16] | – What is a story? – Oh my God in heaven. | -什么是故事 -天堂的神仙啊 |
[10:27] | If you like that brownie, you’ll hate what’s up on in Guatemala. | 如果你喜欢这巧克力蛋糕 你就会痛恨危地马拉的事儿 |
[10:30] | Tell you that. Google it. | 告诉你 谷歌一下吧 |
[10:33] | Raise the truth. | 高举真理之旗 |
[10:35] | Okay, once it gets dark, | 天一黑 |
[10:36] | I hand out the candles and we do it’s called a speechless protest. | 我会派发蜡烛 大家来个无声抗议 |
[10:39] | We put tape over our mouths, | 把嘴巴用胶带贴上 |
[10:41] | and gather hand-in-hand in a sea of outraged silence. | 手拉手聚集成无声的大海怒涛 |
[10:51] | Star-Burns, no. | 星霸 别闹了 |
[10:53] | – Britta, what’s got into you? – This is not how you do this. | -布雷塔 你怎么回事 -抗议哪有这种做法 |
[10:56] | We know it’s not how you do it cause we’re doing everything. | 真是做多错多 不做就不错啊 |
[10:59] | But this is tacky and lame. | 但这做法俗不可耐而且差劲 |
[11:02] | I didn’t mean that. | 我无心的 |
[11:03] | I didn’t mean that. I’m sorry. | 不是那个意思 对不起 |
[11:05] | What I meant to say | 我想说的是 |
[11:06] | is that this cause is really personal to me. | 这件事应该是我私人的事 |
[11:09] | Are you saying that we’re not allowed to protest? | 你是说不允许我们抗议吗 |
[11:13] | Britta, you sound like Guatemala. | 布雷塔 听起来你跟危地马拉政府是一丘之貉 |
[11:15] | Sounds like somebody has a case of | 听起来某人就喜欢 |
[11:17] | “likes to use French politics to make themselves special, | 谈谈法国政治 貌似博学广知 |
[11:20] | “but doesn’t actually ever want to do anything-itis.” | 到头来 只会动口不会动手 |
[11:22] | No, I do things. | 不 我有行动 |
[11:24] | I went to… | 我去了… |
[11:28] | I don’t do anything. | 我就会说说 |
[11:32] | What can I do? | 我能做什么 |
[11:35] | You can hang the Chacata-Panecos pinata. | 你可以把”奇卡达·潘科”皮纳塔挂上 |
[11:38] | You guys realize he was beaten to death, right? | 你们知道他是被活活打死的吗 |
[11:40] | That’s where we got the idea from. | 这正是灵感所在 |
[11:42] | Poignant. | 打到你牢记 |
[11:44] | All right. | 好了 |
[11:49] | – Okay, tell me what I’ve got so far. – What we have so far? | -告诉我 现在情况如何 -现在情况如何? |
[11:52] | We have something incredibly long, | 弄个了比裹脚布还长 |
[11:55] | and very confusing, and a little homophobic. | 令人费解 略带反同性恋倾向的东西 |
[11:58] | And really, really, specifically, | 同时非常 非常 明确地 |
[12:00] | surprisingly, and gratuitously critical of Israel. | 意外地 无缘无故地 批判了以色列 |
[12:03] | It’s called “two conquistadors”, should probably be “dos”. | 题为”征服中南美洲的两位西班牙霸主” “两位”也要用西语吧 |
[12:07] | I mean, it is a Spanish class. | 这可是西班牙语课 |
[12:08] | Which reminds me, the only thing not included in this | 这倒提醒了我 唯一没有包含在这破玩意儿中的 |
[12:11] | are the five phrases required to get me a passing grade. | 是能让我及格的 要求使用的5个短语 |
[12:16] | You’re right. Needs more work. | 没错 需要继续努力 |
[12:18] | – What’re you guys doing? – I have no idea. | -你们在做什么 -我也不知道 |
[12:20] | – We head to the demonstration. – What? Hippies? | -我们要去参加示威 -什么 嬉皮士示威? |
[12:22] | – Some cause Britta’s into. – A silent protest. Lots of candles. | -布雷塔也去掺和了 -无声抗议 好多蜡烛 |
[12:26] | Gets the ladies in the mood for social change if you know what I mean. | 让女生对”社会变革”有心情 知道我说什么吧 |
[12:28] | Good chance to put miles on this shirt. | 这件衬衫可以让我好好”变革”一把 |
[12:30] | You realize this conversations are due in the morning, don’t you? | 你们知道这对话 最迟明早要完成吧 |
[12:35] | Right. | 是哦 |
[12:38] | What do you want to do? | 你打算说什么 |
[12:40] | Hola, me llamo Abed. | 你好 我叫阿布蒂 |
[12:41] | Hola, me llamo Troy. | 你好 我叫特洛伊 |
[12:43] | Donde esta la biblioteca? | 请问图书馆在哪里 |
[12:44] | La biblioteca esta en la ciudad. | 这镇上就有 |
[12:46] | Gracias. | 谢谢 |
[12:49] | Hacks. | 陈词滥调 |
[12:50] | Okay, | 好了 |
[12:51] | what do we do about the ending of act two? | 第二幕 如何结尾呢 |
[12:55] | I tell you what we’re gonna do. | 我来告诉你吧 |
[12:57] | We gonna take this, and we gonna put it in a museum for crazy people. | 我们把这个送去疯子博物馆 |
[13:01] | Then we’re gonna take this, | 然后拿出这张 |
[13:03] | and memorize five phrases from it tomorrow morning before class. | 从中选出5个短语 明早上课前背熟了 |
[13:07] | – Good night. – Wait a minute. | -晚安 -等一下 |
[13:09] | You’re bailing on our first sausage fest? | 我们第一个”无妞聚会” 你就这样拂袖而去吗 |
[13:11] | This is your definition of friendship? | 这是你对友谊的定义吗 |
[13:13] | No, this is my definition of you trying way too hard, | 不 这是对你越来越疯癫 |
[13:17] | and me finding it harder and harder to stay polite. | 而我难以再客套下去的定义 |
[13:20] | Now this was a fine enough way to spend an evening devoid of hope, | 追女无望 和你耗上一晚也就算了 |
[13:23] | but the woman I kind of like | 但我喜欢的女生 |
[13:25] | is out there in the moonlight caring about something stupid, | 正在月光下 掺和某件蠢事 |
[13:27] | and this is my chance to show her that | 这是我表现的机会 让她明白 |
[13:29] | I care enough to act like I care about too. | 我在乎她 令我可以装作也在乎这蠢事 |
[13:32] | – That’s all you had to say. Jeff. – That was it? | -杰夫 说清楚了不就好了嘛 -是吗 |
[13:35] | That would’ve been great if I had done that two hours ago! | 两小时前我就说清楚 岂不是爽死了 |
[14:20] | Nice sign. | 挺不错的牌子 |
[14:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:23] | I like what you’ve done with the place. | 我挺喜欢你们布置的这场地 |
[14:27] | I think I was a little too harsh on you. | 我觉得自己对你太苛刻了 |
[14:29] | I’m not perfect. | 我也并非十全十美 |
[14:31] | I am. I’d be happy to show you the ropes. | 我是十全十美 我很乐意指导你一下 |
[14:34] | Awesome! | 了不起啊 |
[14:36] | Look at awesome Jeffrey Winger. | 看看了不起的杰夫瑞·翁格 |
[14:39] | Too awesome for old Pierce | 老皮高攀不上如此了不起的人物 |
[14:42] | with your hip shirts, | 看你那时髦的衬衫 |
[14:44] | and your gelled hair, | 喷了发胶的头发 |
[14:47] | and your cool | 还有酷酷的 |
[14:48] | tape over your mouth. | 贴嘴胶布 |
[14:51] | Why are you wearing tape over their mouth? | 为什么大家都贴张胶布在嘴上 |
[14:53] | It’s a protest, Pierce. | 皮尔斯 这是个抗议集会 |
[14:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[14:56] | Cause I know what I’d like to protest… | 我可是知道自己要抗议些什么 |
[14:59] | How much you hurt me. | 抗议你伤我有多深 |
[15:00] | Conflicts like these will ultimately bring us together as an unlikely family. | 这种冲突会最终将我们凝聚在一起 成为不像一家人的家人 |
[15:04] | You have horrible breath right now. | 现在 你的口气很臭 |
[15:06] | First, you constantly blow me off, | 首先 你一直拒绝我的邀请 |
[15:08] | – then you want me to do your homework, – Ok. | -而且还要我给你做家庭作业 -好了 |
[15:10] | then you tell me I’m trying too hard to be your friend | 接着你说我为做你的朋友 而越来越疯癫 |
[15:12] | so you have to go. | 你不得不走 |
[15:14] | You have to come out here to pretend | 你必须到这里 假装在乎 |
[15:16] | to care about the stupid stuff she cares about. | 她在乎的蠢事 |
[15:19] | – His words, not mine. – He is paraphrasing. | -他的原话 我没瞎编 -他在曲解原话 |
[15:23] | Pierce, I got an idea. | 皮尔斯 我有个主意 |
[15:24] | Why don’t you get a cup of coffee, | 不如你去喝杯咖啡吧 |
[15:26] | and hold some waitress hostage with a monologue about your sperm. | 挟持个女招待做人质 说出你的精子长篇独白 |
[15:29] | I’ll show you some sperm, buddy. | 小子 给你看看精子的厉害 |
[15:31] | Was this your idea? What the hell? Fire. | 这是你的主意吗 搞什么鬼 着火了 |
[15:36] | I’m not ready to die. | 我还没准备见上帝呢 |
[15:41] | He’s jumped in the fountain. | 他跳进喷水池了 |
[15:44] | He’s fine. | 没事了 |
[15:51] | – Have you seen it? – We did it, girl… Page three. | -看过了吗 -我们成功了 妹子 第三版 |
[15:53] | It’s mostly about Pierce, but listen to last paragraph. | 主要是写皮尔斯 但看看最后一段 |
[15:56] | “The incident occurred during a protest regarding events in Guatemala.” | 事故发生于有关危地马拉事件的抗议活动中 |
[15:59] | – Awareness! – It’s not the school paper. | -震撼啊 -这可不是什么校报 |
[16:01] | It’s a real damn paper, there’s a Marmaduke in there. | 这可是拿得出手的报纸 还有《酷狗马杜》的漫画连载呢 |
[16:04] | Well, it’s more than I ever accomplished. | 你们可比我能耐多了 |
[16:05] | Did you guys know about the ethnic cleansing in Burma? | 你们知道缅甸的种族清洗吗 |
[16:07] | Need to bust out brownie mix. | 得去把做蛋糕的家什准备好 |
[16:14] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[16:18] | No, I get it. Garfield’s wishing me a happy Arbor Day, | 省了 我知道 加菲猫祝我植物节快乐 |
[16:21] | – you’d like a fresh start. – Nice try. | -你想一切重新开始 -不对 |
[16:23] | It’s actually secretary’s day, and it says I’m sorry | 这是秘书节贺卡 表示我很抱歉 |
[16:24] | about crashing your protest | 我伙同一个出生于婴儿潮[45-52年] |
[16:26] | with that drunken, self-immolating baby boomer. | 喝高了有自杀行为的老头子 搞砸了你的抗议 |
[16:29] | We don’t blame you, sweety. Pierce has always been on my watch list. | 亲爱的 我们不怪你 皮尔斯一直是我的提防对象 |
[16:31] | That dude is crazy… He told me girls have two pee holes. | 那老家伙是个疯子 他告诉我女生有两个尿道口 |
[16:34] | I sang Christmas carols at a nursing home once. | 我去养老院唱过圣诞颂歌 |
[16:36] | I’ve seen the face of dementia, and last night I saw it again. | 我见过痴呆是什么样子 昨晚我又见到了 |
[16:39] | You know what he did that’s really crazy? | 你们知道他真正的疯狂行为吗 |
[16:43] | He offered me $100 to switch cards with him | 他给我100块求我换卡 |
[16:47] | just so he could be partners with Jeff. | 这样他可以和杰夫搭档 |
[16:50] | I think he thought getting closer to Jeff | 我想 他认为和杰夫关系好 |
[16:52] | would bring him respect in the group. | 其他组员就会尊敬他 |
[16:54] | I think he spent his whole life looking out for himself | 我觉得他一生都是在为自己打算 |
[16:57] | and he would trade it all for a shot at some kind of family. | 而如今为了融入一个家 他可能愿意倾其所有 |
[17:08] | – Hola class. – Hola. | -同学们好 -老师好 |
[17:10] | Time for our presentations. | 对话时间到 |
[17:12] | First up was supposed to be Jeff and Pierce, | 第一组 本应该是杰夫和皮尔斯 |
[17:14] | but Pierce explained the situation to me. | 但皮尔斯跟我解释了情况 |
[17:17] | Apparently there was a falling out, | 很显然 存在不和 |
[17:18] | things were said, people were betrayed. | 据说 有人遭到了背叛 |
[17:22] | Jeff, having heard Pierce’s side of the story, | 杰夫 听完了皮尔斯的一面之词 |
[17:25] | I think the only humane thing to do would be to give you a C | 我想唯一能做的人道的事 就是给你个及格C |
[17:28] | and let Pierce do his presentation alone, | 然后让皮尔斯单独表演 |
[17:30] | if that sounds fair to you. | 你觉得公平吗 |
[17:37] | That doesn’t sound fair to me at all. | 这对我一点也不公平 |
[17:39] | Pierce, I understand if you don’t want to be my friend, | 皮尔斯 如果你不想做我朋友 我能理解 |
[17:42] | but this thing we’ve created… | 但我们构思的这些 |
[17:44] | It is bigger than the both of us, | 比我们个人如何要重要 |
[17:46] | and it deserves to be done right. | 这作品 值得被好好地完成 |
[17:55] | Okay, guys. | 但是二位 |
[17:56] | Why are there costumes involved? These are short conversations, | 为什么会有演出服 这只是简短对话而已 |
[17:59] | – they’re not supposed to take… – Your breath away? | -不应该带… -走你的呼吸? |
[18:03] | Well, tough. | 别忘了喘气儿 |
[18:05] | – You ready, amigo? – Si | -准备好了吗 朋友 -好了 |
[19:31] | F-minus. | F减 |
[19:32] | What? | 什么 |
[19:35] | Did you say S? | 你刚才说S吗 |
[19:41] | So. | 听我说 |
[19:43] | That was one of the worst things I have ever seen, | 这是我见过的最糟糕的场面 |
[19:46] | which I guess makes being a part of it a pretty selfless act, | 从你的形象尽毁中我推断 这出戏是无私的 |
[19:49] | so I’m impressed. | 我有些感动 |
[19:51] | How do you know I didn’t do it just to get another shot at you? | 你怎么知道 我不是故意这么做来赚你好感呢 |
[19:54] | Cause a smart guy like you would know that | 因为聪明如你 肯定会知道 |
[19:56] | no woman in that class would be able to look at you | 刚才那班上所有女人的床上戏 |
[19:58] | as a sexually viable candidate ever again. | 你是永远没戏了 |
[20:03] | No, I know. | 我当然知道 |
[20:04] | I thought of that. | 我想到这点了 |
[20:07] | She looked back. | 她回眸了 |
[20:12] | You did an all right job up there, my friend. | 我的朋友 你刚才表现得还算可以 |
[20:14] | Thanks, Pierce. | 谢谢 皮尔斯 |
[20:15] | Couple of notes, you got this thing you do with your face | 友情提示 你想显得搞笑时 |
[20:18] | when you’re trying to be funny | 就会有这怪表情 |
[20:19] | that forces people to think about “how cool you think you are”. | 这会让人家去想 “你觉得自己很酷是不” |
[21:05] | What? It’s 2009. | 怎样? 2009年了 |
[21:07] | Word. | 单词要人命 |