时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | ******* | 故事纯属虚构 不影射任何真人真事 |
[00:05] | *** | 1971年10月15日 |
[00:09] | *You know that it would be untrue* | |
[00:13] | *You know that I would be a liar* | |
[00:17] | *If I was to say to you* | |
[00:21] | *Girl,we couldn’t get much higher* | |
[00:24] | *Come on,baby…* | |
[00:26] | Step right up!Step right up,boys and girls of all ages | 进来啊! 进来啊 孩子们 |
[00:29] | for the final act of our big top extravaganza! | 来看我们在这里的最后一场华丽表演! |
[00:32] | *Try to set the night on Fire* | |
[00:37] | Let’s hear it one more time for Zelda,Queen of Knives! | 再次为飞刀女王Zelda的精彩表演喝彩! |
[00:41] | And now,City of Brotherly Love, | 现在 兄弟和睦之城(即费城) |
[00:45] | birthplace of the American circus, | 美国马戏团的诞生地 |
[00:48] | let me introduce to you | 我们将为您隆重献上 |
[00:50] | our heCoadldli Cneasr,e the Human Butterfly, | 我们的蝴蝶美人 |
[00:53] | Mia Romanov and her magical metamorphosis! | Mia Romanov以及她带来的奇异变形记! |
[01:01] | *Try to set the night on* | |
[01:03] | *Fire… yeah.* | |
[01:58] | Well,boss,you wanted to see me? | 头儿 你找我? |
[02:00] | Sit down. | 坐 |
[02:09] | – Moe Kitchener. – What about him? | – 他怎么了? |
[02:12] | He got shot last night outside a bar over in Roxborough. | 昨晚在Roxborough的一个酒吧外被枪杀 |
[02:17] | – You’re serious? – Large caliber slug,back of the head. | – 是真的吗? – 大口径子弹 从脑后射入 |
[02:22] | So… he’s dead? | 就是说–他死了? |
[02:25] | Where were you last night,Lil? | 你昨晚在哪 Lil? |
[02:27] | Home. I was,uh,finishing up a report. | 家里 我在–写一个报告 |
[02:30] | You’re going to need someone to confirm that. | 你得找个人作证 |
[02:33] | Who-who’s the investigating detective? | 谁负责这案子? |
[02:36] | Doherty wants the state police to handle it. | Doherty把这事交给州警处理 |
[02:43] | They’re gonna want to talk to you. | 他们可能会找你谈话 |
[03:00] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[03:02] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:03] | Listen,I told the boss if anyone wants to know, | 听我说 我告诉头儿如果谁问起 |
[03:05] | you were home when I dropped off that file last night. | 昨晚我给你送材料时你在家里 |
[03:07] | – The file…? – Yeah.Rodriguez file,’06. | – 材料? – 对 Rodriguez的案子 06年的 |
[03:11] | No way you could’ve been across town when Moe caught one outside that bar. | Moe被枪击的时候 你不可能在城那边的酒吧 |
[03:15] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[03:18] | – Thanks. – Yeah. | – 谢谢 – 没事 |
[03:21] | Listen,I got a lady waiting on a case. | 有位女士要提供线索 |
[03:24] | I’ll handle it. | 我去吧 |
[03:25] | I want to… | 我想… |
[03:27] | keep working. | 继续工作 |
[03:34] | Detectives Valens. Rush. | 我是Valens警探 这是Rush警探 |
[03:37] | You got something on an old homicide,Miss Deluca? | 你有以前的谋杀案的线索 Deluca小姐? |
[03:40] | Mia Romanov.An aerialist for the Jones Brothers Circus. | Jones兄弟马戏团的高空杂技演员 |
[03:43] | The circus? | 马戏团? |
[03:44] | Her death was ruled an accidental fall in 1971. | 1971年 她的死被定为是一场意外 |
[03:48] | You’ re saying it wasn’t? | 你觉得不是? |
[03:49] | Mia did a silk act where she came out of a coon high above the rafters. | Mia用绸布化成茧蛹做高空表演 |
[03:53] | I knew something was wrong the moment she came out. | 她出现那一刻我就觉得不对劲 |
[03:58] | This a bad time? | 我来的不是时候? |
[04:00] | What? | 什么? |
[04:01] | No. Uh,you were there the night of her fall? | 没事 她摔死那晚你在场? |
[04:05] | My mother worked at Jones Brothers Circus. | 我妈妈也在Jones兄弟马戏团工作 |
[04:07] | She was a fortune-teller. | 她是个占卜师 |
[04:09] | I’m a psychic. | 我是个通灵者 |
[04:11] | Always felt Mia’s “accident” was anything but. | 我总觉得Mia的死绝不是一场意外 |
[04:13] | Then just tell us who you “feel” killed her, | 那就告诉我们你”觉得”是谁杀了她 |
[04:15] | and we’ll clear this up by lunchtime. | 这样我们午饭前就能结案了 |
[04:18] | Doesn’t work that way. | 不是那样的 |
[04:20] | Yeah,it never does. | 是啊 当然不是 |
[04:22] | Always wondered how Mia could’ve fallen. | 我总在想Mia怎么会摔下来 |
[04:25] | And then I found these at an exhibit,”Death Under the Big Top.” | 后来我在一个展览上看到这些照片 “马戏篷下的死亡” |
[04:28] | Photographs of various tragic falls,including Mia’s. | 都是从高空摔下的照片 也有Mia的 |
[04:31] | You can see how the other performers braced for impact. | 你能看到其他演员都会撑起手臂 抵御冲击 |
[04:34] | – Mia didn’t. – Fell head first. | – Mia没有 – 她是头先落地 |
[04:36] | Arms limp,hands at her side. | 手臂松软无力 放在身边 |
[04:38] | Might’ve been unconscious. | 也许那时已经昏迷 |
[04:40] | Or already dead. | 或者早就死了 |
[04:41] | You think that her fall was some kind of cover-up? | 你认为她摔下来是为掩盖真正的死因? |
[04:44] | Mia grew up in the circus.Had the agility of a cat. | Mia在马戏团长大 灵活得像只猫 |
[04:47] | Something wasn’t right.I felt it. | 有什么事不对劲 我感觉到了 |
[04:49] | Yeah,we got that. | 好的 我们知道了 |
[04:51] | We’ll be in touch,Isabel. | 我们会跟你联系的 Isabel |
[04:54] | Your mother will be fine. | 你妈妈会没事的 |
[04:59] | You– I’m not so sure. | 你–我就不清楚了 |
[05:36] | COLD CASE Season 7 Episode 14 | |
[05:42] | Mia Romanov,18.Died in St. Mary’s Fairgrounds in ’71. | Mia Romanov 18岁 1971年死在St.Mary露天游乐场 |
[05:45] | Ruled accidental. | 当时判定为事故 |
[05:47] | More like inevitable. | 早晚的事 |
[05:48] | Flying through the air on nothing but silk? | 只靠绸布在空中飞行? |
[05:50] | Not much here by the way of statements. | 这里没有什么询问记录 |
[05:51] | Well,getting circus folk to talk isn’t easy. | 让马戏团里的人说话可不那么容易 |
[05:53] | Finally got warrants,you’re looking at an empty lot. | 好不容易申请到了搜查令 人早都没影了 |
[05:55] | Assigned spoke to a few audience members. | 当时的警探询问了一些观众 |
[05:58] | Said Mia looked fine giving her pre-act bow. | 他们说Mia在表演前亮相时还好好的 |
[06:00] | So whatever happened to her,happened backstage. | 这么说 不管她出了什么事 都是在后台发生的 |
[06:01] | It’s got the stink of sabotage all over it. | 这案子满是损毁的陈腐味 |
[06:04] | A/V blew up the picture of Mia’s fall. | 图像分析组放大了Mia跌落的照片 |
[06:06] | ME said the shadow around her nose and mouth could be blood. | 验尸官说她口鼻周围的阴影可能是血 |
[06:09] | Before impact. | 在落地之前 |
[06:10] | Autopsy report:broken neck,shattered skull– | 验尸报告上显示 颈部骨折 头骨碎裂 |
[06:12] | thought to have been caused by the fall, | 认为是高空跌落造成的 |
[06:14] | but hands and wrists only suffered minor damage. | 但手和腕部只有轻伤 |
[06:16] | She didn’t brace for impact.Survival instinct never kicked in. | 她没有防止撞击的动作 求生本能根本没发挥作用 |
[06:20] | Run all the performers for priors,anything else we can dig up on this big top. | 先去调查马戏团所有的演员 看帐篷下隐藏着什么线索 |
[06:24] | “Mia was legally adopted by Sheldon Burgess,AKA Cleo the Clown.” | Mia的合法收养人是Sheldon Burgess 绰号小丑Cleo |
[06:28] | Never gave a statement. | 他没有留下证词 |
[06:29] | Got an address over in Point Breeze. | 现住在Point Breeze |
[06:31] | Well,go talk to this clown. | 去和这个小丑谈谈 |
[06:43] | Mr. Burgess? | Burgess先生? |
[06:45] | Hey,welcome to Cleo’s Fun House.What can I do for you? | 欢迎来到Cleo奇幻屋 能为你做点什么? |
[06:47] | Homicide. We’re looking into the death of Mia Romanov. | 凶案组 我们来调查Mia Romanov的死 |
[06:52] | Mia? | |
[06:55] | All these years later? | 这么多年之后? |
[06:56] | What can you tell us about her fall? | 你能跟我说说她出的事故吗? |
[06:58] | She was trying a new stunt. | 她准备试演新的特技 |
[07:03] | It’s the worst night of my life. | 那是我这辈子最糟的一晚 |
[07:04] | How come you didn’t give a statement,Mr. Burgess? | 你为什么没提供证词 Burgess先生? |
[07:08] | I climbed deep into a bottle that night. | 我那晚烂醉如泥 |
[07:10] | Stayed there for a long time after. | 之后宁愿长醉不醒 |
[07:12] | It never crossed your mind that maybe it wasn’t an accident? | 你从没想过也许那不是意外? |
[07:14] | Silks weren’t cut or frayed. | 绸布没有磨损或是划痕 |
[07:17] | Thought the moment got the best of her. | 我原以为那晚会是她的完美之夜 |
[07:19] | So who was in charge of sending up her coon? | 谁负责把她的茧吊上去? |
[07:21] | Uh,gaucho,day players,in and out. | 牛仔 临时演员们 进进出出的人 |
[07:23] | But Mia did her own rigging. | 但Mia是自己弄的绸索 |
[07:26] | She was stubborn,like her father. | 她很倔 跟她父亲一个样 |
[07:28] | Her father? | 她父亲? |
[07:32] | The Romanovs have been kicking the sawdust for five generations. | Romanovs家已经从事马戏有五代了 |
[07:38] | They were royalty amongst us kinkers. | 他们在马戏团演员中间就像是皇族 |
[07:40] | And Mia was like her folks: | Mia和她家人一样 |
[07:42] | more comfortable in the air than on terra firma. | 觉得空中比陆地上更舒服 |
[07:45] | How does a clown in a traveling circus adopt a little girl? | 流动马戏团里的小丑怎能收养小女孩? |
[07:49] | I was her godfather. | 我是她的教父 |
[07:51] | Her parents willed her to me,but the circus raised her. | 她父母把她托付给我 是马戏团把她养大 |
[07:54] | Jones Brothers was a one-ring mud show,but we were family. | Jones兄弟的表演乱得像锅粥 但我们是一家人 |
[07:57] | Anyone backstage with her? | 有人和她一起呆在后台吗? |
[07:59] | The act before hers,Zelda “The Queen of Knives” Panay. | 在她前面的演员 Zelda”飞刀女王”Panay |
[08:02] | Zelda and Mia get on all right? | Zelda和Mia没有过节吧? |
[08:05] | Oh,sure. Long as Zelda was the headliner. | 哦 当然 只要Zelda还是头号明星 |
[08:10] | What the hell was that tonight? | 今晚TMD是怎么了? |
[08:11] | Williamsport?Used to pack ’em to the stingers. | Williamsport? 以前能给我们挣酒钱的节目 |
[08:14] | – Now,we’re lucky to be making horse feed out there. – You still getting paid,Cleo? | – 现在我们能赚够马吃的就不错 – 钱没少你的吧 Cleo? |
[08:17] | This dog and pony show is dying,Biggie. | 驯狗和驯马已经过时了 Biggie |
[08:19] | – We need an aerial act. – Can’t afford one,so unless you got one in that wig of yours… | – 我们需要高空表演 – 我们负担不起 除非你能从假发里变出一个 |
[08:23] | No way a knife-thrower can carry the big top. | 飞刀这节目镇不住场子的 |
[08:25] | – Excuse me? – No offense,Zelda. | – 你说什么? – 我没有恶意 Zelda |
[08:26] | – I’ve been… – Stop it. | – 我… – 别说了 |
[08:28] | Everybody,please,just… | 大伙儿 … |
[08:32] | I ca… I can give us an aerial act. | 我…我能做高空表演 |
[08:35] | Mia,I didn’t mean you should… | Mia 我不是说你要… |
[08:36] | I can fly.It’s in my blood. | 我能飞 这是遗传在我骨子里的 |
[08:39] | She’s a baby. | 她还是个小孩 |
[08:40] | Well,what do we got to lose? | 我们还会损失什么? |
[08:42] | Even a baby can see we’re dying. | 小孩都看得出我们过不下去了 |
[08:47] | I’ll talk to management. | 我会跟管理人谈的 |
[08:48] | Start putting it together,kid. | 准备节目吧 孩子 |
[08:52] | – I don’t know,Mia. – It’s going to be fine,Cleo. | – 我不知道 Mia – 不会有事的 Cleo |
[09:01] | Accidents happen. | 人有失手啊 |
[09:07] | Zelda P-A-N-A-Y… | |
[09:10] | …was the headliner prior to Mia? | …是在Mia之前的头号明星? |
[09:11] | Yeah,ever since the last aerial act walked. | 从上一个高空演员离开之后 |
[09:13] | I didn’t want Mia up there. | 我不想让Mia飞了 |
[09:16] | Hate to think I put a target on her. | 有时想是不是我把祸引到她身上 |
[09:18] | Sounds like Zelda wasn’t ready to put her knives away. | 听起来Zelda还不想放下她的飞刀 |
[09:25] | Thanks for coming in. | 谢谢你能来 |
[09:26] | Well,if I’d known you were so handsome,I would’ve sprinted all the way from Atlantic City. | 要是我早知道你这么帅 我就从大西洋城一路小跑着来了 |
[09:32] | I don’t mean to be rude,but,uh,can we get going on this,because… I got a show,at 6:00. | 我不想失礼 不过 我们能快点吗 因为–我六点还有个表演 |
[09:38] | – Still performing? – Yeah,well,it’s mostly blue plate dinners for seniors. | – 你还在表演? – 是啊 不过都在老年人聚会上演一下 |
[09:42] | But they rember me fromThe Ed Sullivan Show. | 不过他们还记得我上过苏利文秀 |
[09:45] | How did you and Mia Romanov get along? | 你和Mia Romanov的关系怎么样? |
[09:48] | “Mia Romanov”? | |
[09:51] | Fine.I took her under my wing. | 挺好的 我处处护着她 |
[09:54] | She was like my sister. | 她就像是我的妹妹 |
[09:56] | You always throw daggers at family? | 你也经常向家人扔刀子? |
[09:59] | Darling… | 亲爱的… |
[10:01] | Even a lady loses her cool sometimes, | 女人都有失态的时候 |
[10:04] | which accounts for three out of four of my divorces. | 那时候我刚经历第三次离婚 |
[10:07] | Foolish. Jealous. | 愚蠢 嫉妒 |
[10:10] | Jealous enough to get rid of her? | 嫉妒得想除掉她? |
[10:12] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[10:14] | She fell. | 她是摔死的 |
[10:16] | I was there. | 我在 |
[10:17] | With her backstage before her act. | 表演前在后台 |
[10:20] | Your “sister” ends up dead and you get to keep your spotlight. | 你的”妹妹”终于死了 而你星光依旧 |
[10:23] | Now,I got my pride. | 我很自负 |
[10:26] | But I’m not stupid. | 但我不傻 |
[10:28] | We needed Mia’s act to work. | 我们需要Mia的表演 |
[10:30] | It was all over,for all of us. | 我们这些人全都没用了 |
[10:40] | Where’s the trapeze bar? | 悬杆在哪? |
[10:41] | Forget the trapeze.Biggie,we need something new.We need dramatic. | 忘了吊秋千吧 Biggie 我们得创新 我们需要引人注目 |
[10:46] | You’ll never be ready in a week trying to get a new act together. | 你只有一周时间 没法排好一个新节目 |
[10:48] | Just do what your folks taught you. | 就做你父母教你的好啦 |
[10:49] | I need a theme. | 我需要一个主题 |
[10:51] | – To tell a story.I need some time. – You’re not a clown anymore. | – 来讲述一个故事 需要时间 – 你不再是个小丑了 |
[10:55] | It’s not about stories. It’s about wowing them. | 和故事没关系 要让观众惊叹不已 |
[10:58] | Yeah,that’s what I’m trying to do. There’s something groovy with the silks– | 那就是我努力想做到的 绸布很时髦 |
[11:00] | – the freedom it gives me… – People don’t want groovy. | – 它赋予我自由… – 人们不想要时髦 |
[11:03] | They want tradition. | 他们想要传统 |
[11:04] | For their kids to see and feel what they did. | 让他们的孩子看到 感受到 他们当年所享受的 |
[11:06] | Maybe we can start a new one. | 或许我们可以开创先河 |
[11:08] | You know,we can capture their imagination. | 你看 我们可以引发他们的想象 |
[11:10] | Great.Then imagine there’s no circus when we get shut down | 很好 然后想象当我们倒闭时 没有马戏团的情景 |
[11:13] | waiting for you to get your act together. | 就因为我们在苦等你编好节目 |
[11:15] | Now this is all on me? | 现在都怪到我头上了? |
[11:16] | You asked for a shot,kid,and I gave it to you. | 你要机会 孩子 我给你了 |
[11:19] | Convinced management to roll the dice.Don’t hang me out to dry. | 是我说服管理人赌一把 所以别把我晾在一边 |
[11:23] | No,I’ll do the silk act.I’ll use a mechanic if I have to. | 不会 我会做这个绸布表演 如有必要我会用机械工 |
[11:25] | The advance men have been pumping your act as death-defying. | 打前站的人总认为你的表演是在玩命 |
[11:28] | – But I… – But nothing! | – 但是我… – 没有但是 |
[11:30] | I took a flyer on you. | 我为你孤注一掷了 |
[11:33] | You’d better not make a fool of me. | 你最好别让我看起来像个傻瓜 |
[11:42] | Mia was way ahead of the curve. | Mia走在了前端 |
[11:45] | She was Cirque du Soleil before they were. | 她就是当时的太阳马戏团 世界著名的加拿大马戏团 其表演已超越传统马戏节目 |
[11:49] | Now everybody’s got a silk act. | 如今大家都玩绸布表演了 |
[11:52] | What about David and Goliath? | 那大卫和歌利亚怎样? |
[11:53] | Ringmaster Biggie Jones and his goon, | 掌门人Biggie Jones和他的呆子 |
[11:56] | Lester “Gargantuan” Smith. | Lester “巨兽” Smith |
[11:59] | Biggie pushed us hard. | Biggie对我们很严苛 |
[12:01] | Maybe pushed Mia too hard. | 或许对Mia更严苛 |
[12:05] | That’s probably why he pulled up stakes so fast | 那或许就是我们迅速收拾烂摊子… |
[12:07] | and left town that night. | 并在当晚离开镇上的原因 |
[12:10] | You see Biggie backstage with Mia before her fall? | 你看见Mia掉下前Biggie和她在后台了? |
[12:13] | Biggie always checked on the featured acts | 所有的重要节目在上演前… |
[12:17] | before they went on. | Biggie总会亲自检查 |
[12:20] | Have information that you called in the 10-37 last week. | 有消息称你上周打电话给执勤警察 |
[12:24] | DUI check on Mr. Kitchener? | 查Kitchener先生是否酒后驾车? |
[12:27] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[12:28] | Outside the same bar that he was murdered? | 在他被谋杀的那个酒吧外面? |
[12:30] | The suspect was inebriated. | 嫌疑人醉了 |
[12:31] | Suspect was awaiting trial. | 嫌疑人还在等待审理 |
[12:34] | And what were you doing observing him in the first place? | 首先 你监视他是想做什么? |
[12:36] | It was a continuing investigation. | 是一次持续调查的需要 |
[12:38] | He had already filed a complaint against you. | 他曾投诉过你 |
[12:40] | Which was completely bogus,same as this. | 纯属无中生有 和这个一样 |
[12:43] | Were you outside that bar last night,Detective? | 你昨晚在那间酒吧外吗 警探? |
[12:48] | No. | 没有 |
[12:49] | You testified Moe Kitchener tried to kill you. | 你曾作证Moe Kitchener试图谋害你 |
[12:53] | You believe that. | 你对此深信不疑 |
[12:55] | So does the Commonwealth. | 公诉方也这么认为 |
[12:57] | Maybe you should talk to the DA. | 或许你们该和地方检察官谈谈 |
[12:59] | Said you were home last night between the hours of 9:25 and 10:10? | 你说昨晚9:25到10:10之间你在家里? |
[13:04] | – That’s right. – Anyone who can confirm that? | – 没错 – 有人能证明吗? |
[13:09] | My partner,Scotty Valens. | 我搭档Scotty Valens |
[13:11] | He came by,dropped ofef some paperwork on a case I was reviewing. | 他来我家 给我一些资料 是关于我正在办的案子 |
[13:14] | What case? | 什么案子? |
[13:17] | Cesar Rodriguez. | |
[13:19] | The file’s on my desk. | 卷宗就在我桌子上 |
[13:26] | Bunch of gink squad BS. | 一帮烂人 |
[13:30] | – I need you to surrender your service weapon. – What? | – 我要你交出佩枪 – 什么? |
[13:35] | Until this thing blows over,you’re on restricted duty. | 你被限制职务 直到这事风头过去 |
[13:49] | Mia Romanov.A real tragedy,that one. | Mia Romanov 真是一个悲剧 |
[13:53] | Understand you checked on your acts before they hit the stage. | 我们知道你在节目上演前会亲自检查 |
[13:56] | So how’d she look before going out? | 那出场前她看起来怎么样? |
[13:57] | Ready to fly.Girl was good to go.- | 准备好飞啦 姑娘状态好极了 |
[13:59] | You’re saying she looked good,Biggie,ready to fly? | Biggie 你是说她看起来不错 准备起飞? |
[14:03] | You whizzingon the wrong hydrant there,kemosabe. | 你找错对象了 朋友 |
[14:06] | I need that girl. | 我需要那姑娘 |
[14:08] | Without her act I lost my main moneymaker,lost the midway. | 没有她的节目 我等于失去了印钞机 就像输了中途岛战役 |
[14:13] | Lost that, | 失去了财源 |
[14:15] | lost the circus. | 失去了马戏团 |
[14:17] | Then why the cover-up? | 那你为什么要掩盖呢? |
[14:18] | You pulled up stakes before sunup,hit the road. | 你在天亮前就收拾摊子 上路离开 |
[14:20] | Now,hold your horses. | 别瞎想八想了 |
[14:22] | We had a long haul the next day to Allentown. | 我们第二天要走长途去Allentown |
[14:25] | The show must go on,huh? | 表演必须继续哈? |
[14:26] | Well,we was feeding a lot of people. | 我们娱乐了很多观众 |
[14:29] | My family survived the ten-in-one | 我的家庭以十人一组的形式幸存下来 |
[14:32] | to turn around and own this circus. | 峰回路转组成了这家马戏团 十人一组 |
[14:36] | Ten freaks in one tent. | 十个怪胎在一个帐篷里 |
[14:38] | It was humiliating. | 那真让人感到羞耻 |
[14:41] | For three generations we fought off larger predatory circuses. | 整整三代人都击退了更大的马戏团 |
[14:45] | Ringling. | 林林家族(美国著名马戏世家) |
[14:46] | And you banked everything on Mia,but she crossed you up. | 你把一切都押在了Mia身上 而她摆了你一道 |
[14:49] | We were family.Wouldn’t sell. | 我们是一个家庭 不会互相出卖 |
[14:51] | Loyal. We circled the tents around Mia. | 忠诚 我们以Mia为中心团结在一起 |
[14:55] | But Mia stepped out of line,made her own act,didn’t she? | 但Mia偏离正轨 出了自己的表演 不是吗? |
[14:57] | She make a fool out of you,Biggie? | 她让你看起来像个傻瓜 Biggie? |
[14:59] | Wrong.I was on board with her act. | 错 我参与了她的表演 |
[15:03] | Hell,I had to be; times was desperate. | 该死 我不得不那样做 时间很紧迫 |
[15:06] | I helped her set the whole thing up. | 我帮她编排了整个表演 |
[15:13] | You heard of knocking? | 不能敲门嘛? |
[15:15] | Peace offering. | 我来和好的 |
[15:17] | Thought about what you said– | 我考虑了一下你所说的 |
[15:18] | wanting a story for your act.How about this? | 想为你的表演配一个故事 这个怎么样? |
[15:21] | Silk worm goes up into her cocoon | 丝绸轻柔地爬入她的茧中 |
[15:25] | to emerge as The Human Butterfly. | 她像蝴蝶美人一样显露出来 |
[15:29] | Call it The Metamorphosis. | 它叫”变形记” |
[15:35] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道说什么 |
[15:37] | Biggie,that’s… perfect. | Biggie 这…太完美了 |
[15:41] | So are you,kid. | 你也是 孩子 |
[15:43] | We’re all behind you here. You’re the best we got. | 我们都支持你 你是最棒的 |
[15:45] | I’ll be ready for Philly. | 我已准备好费城的演出了 |
[15:46] | and no mechanic or safety harness. | 不用机械工或安全措施 |
[15:49] | Knock ’em dead,kid. | 让他们吃惊死 孩子 |
[15:53] | I got an act,Lester.I’m The Human Butterfly. | 我有节目 Lester 我就是蝴蝶美人 |
[16:04] | Management had them tack spitters wallpaper the town with that bill. | 管理人用那套方案在城里贴满海报 |
[16:08] | She was our homegrown star. | 她是我们自己发掘的明星 |
[16:10] | And who was management? | 那管理人是谁? |
[16:11] | J.B. Ricketts Investment. | J.B. Rickettst投资公司 |
[16:15] | Bunch of suits out of Florida,helped us through the lean years. | 佛州来的一群西装革履的人 帮我们度过了贫乏的岁月 |
[16:20] | Got a number? | 有号码吗? |
[16:21] | No,ma’am,that was a long time ago. | 没 女士 那是很久以前的事了 |
[16:25] | What about this Paul Bunyan? | 这个Paul Bunyan呢? |
[16:27] | He have a thing for Mia? | 他喜欢上Mia了? |
[16:28] | Gargantuan?I don’t think he was wired that way. | 巨兽? 我认为他没有情感回路 |
[16:32] | His feelings were simple,childlike. | 他的感情很简单 像个孩子 |
[16:36] | With big boy plumbing–that’s reassuring. | 有个大孩子做管道工作 让人放心 |
[16:38] | – Some kind of condition? – Cerebral gigantism. | – 一种疾病? – 巨人症 |
[16:42] | Made him huge. | 使他身材庞大 |
[16:45] | Also made him about as sharp as a bowling ball. | 也使他想一个保龄球一样锋利 |
[16:48] | So what beanstalk is he up right now? | 那他现在住哪里? |
[16:50] | I haven’t seen him in years. | 我已经几年没见他了 |
[16:51] | He’s probably dead.Giants don’t last too long. | 他可能死了 巨人通常活不长 |
[16:54] | Heart can’t take it. | 心脏受不了 |
[16:57] | Excuse me,um,I’d like to talk to a Detective Rush. | 对不起 嗯 我想和Rush警官谈谈 |
[17:08] | Mr. Butler.What can I do for you? | Butler先生 我能为你做什么? |
[17:12] | I want to make a statement. | 我想录个口供 |
[17:18] | Would you like a lawyer present,Mr. Butler? | 你想要律师在场吗 Butler先生? |
[17:20] | – I would not. – I recommend you get one,Hank. | – 不用 – 我建议你找一个 Hank |
[17:24] | All you’ve been through. | 为你所经历的一切 |
[17:29] | My wife doesn’t eat anymore. | 我妻子再也吃不下东西了 |
[17:32] | She doesn’t sleep. | 她睡不着 |
[17:35] | She just cries. | 只是哭 |
[17:39] | Do you want to tell us what happened,Hank? | 想告诉我们发生了什么吗 Hank? |
[17:48] | When I saw him at the courthouse,I knew. | 当我在法院看见他时 我就知道 |
[17:53] | Moe Kitchener? | |
[17:54] | Te n,20 years– didn’t matter. | 十年 二十年 也无济于事 |
[17:58] | It wouldn’t go away. | 这事不会轻易结束 |
[18:00] | I couldn’t go on thinking that that smug son of a bitch was walking the Earth. | 我不能忍受那个混球还活在世上的想法 |
[18:09] | Someone had to put that dog down. | 得有人干掉他 |
[18:28] | Hank. | |
[18:30] | Listen,Hank,I didn’t kill your daughter. | 听着 Hank 我没杀你女儿 |
[18:32] | Shut up.You buried her in a box. | 闭嘴 是你把她埋到一个盒子里 |
[18:35] | You’d have let me twist forever. | 你改变了我的一生 |
[18:39] | Sorry,Hank. It wasn’t personal. | 对不起 Hank 那不是个人恩怨 |
[18:45] | I’m sorry,too. | 我也对不起 |
[18:52] | I went home. | 我回到了家 |
[19:01] | I thought I’d feel better. | 感觉好一点了 |
[19:05] | Katie’s gone. | Katie走了 |
[19:13] | Nothing’s ever going to change that. | 任何事都无法改变这个事实 |
[19:30] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样? |
[19:34] | What do you want?Leave me alone. You hear me?!I seen you standing here. | 你想怎么样? 别惹我 听见没?! 我看见你站在这儿 |
[19:38] | I’m a cop. | 我是警察 |
[19:48] | I’m sorry.Police. | 对不起 警察 |
[19:50] | I didn’t know!I didn’t know!I,I didn’t know. | 我不知道! 不知道! 不知道! |
[20:03] | People paint on my wall, | 人们在我墙上画画 |
[20:06] | break my windows… | 打碎我的窗户 |
[20:09] | I thought you was one of ’em.Gonna hurt me. | 我以为你也是其中之一 想要伤害我 |
[20:13] | You thought Iwas gonna hurtyou,Gargantuan? | 你认为我想伤害你 巨兽? |
[20:16] | Lot of performers at Jones Brothers had priors,Lester. | Jones兄弟的很多演员都有前科 Lester |
[20:19] | You’re the only one with a history of violence. | 你是唯一一个有暴力史的 |
[20:20] | In and out of institutions as a kid. | 孩童期间在收养所进进出出 |
[20:22] | Beat a grown man within an inch of his life at the age of 13. | 在13岁时差点打死一个成年人 |
[20:27] | He attacked me, | 他打我 |
[20:29] | ’cause I was big. | 因为我太高大了 |
[20:32] | What about Mia Romanov? | 那Mia Romanov呢? |
[20:37] | Yeah,you…remember her,right? | 没错 你…记得她 对吧? |
[20:39] | Yes. Mia. | 是的 Mia |
[20:43] | You liked her? | 你喜欢她? |
[20:45] | Pretty. Soft. | 漂亮 温柔 |
[20:46] | She smelled nice. | 身上很好闻 |
[20:48] | She just wasn’t into the whole Beauty and the Beastthing. | 只是她对美女与野兽那套不感兴趣 |
[20:51] | So you squeezed her too hard, | 所以你狠狠掐住了她的脖子 |
[20:53] | like you did me? | 就像对我做的事? |
[20:54] | No!Mia was special. | 不! Mia是特别的 |
[20:58] | “Special”? | “特别的”? |
[21:00] | Friend.She was my friend. | 朋友 她是我朋友 |
[21:04] | I could never hurt her. | 我绝不会伤害她 |
[21:06] | Well,someone did hurt your “friend,” Lester.Someone backstage. | 有人伤害了你”朋友” 在后台的某人 |
[21:10] | And then they dropped her from the ceiling. | 然后把她从天花板上丢下来 |
[21:20] | There was this gaucho. | 有个牛仔 |
[21:33] | – Eddie,right? – That’s right,darlin’. | – Eddie 是吧? – 没错 亲爱的 |
[21:35] | I haven’t checked my rig yet. | 我还没检查我的绸索 |
[21:37] | It’s looking fine to me. | 看起来不错 |
[21:38] | Get rid of that carabiner and mount it on a swivel. | 把锁扣打开 然后装在旋转器上 |
[21:41] | Carabiner’s twice as strong as a swivel. | 锁扣比旋转器结实多了 |
[21:43] | What do I look like,some First of May? | 我看着像个新手吗? |
[21:45] | That swivel’s going to let me get out over the audience. | 旋转器会让我飞过观众 |
[21:47] | Now,lose the carabiner. | 现在放开锁扣 |
[21:50] | Looks like you’re calling the shots around here,huh,kid? | 你好像在这发号施令啊 孩子? |
[21:53] | – How long you been doing this,Eddie? – Ten years experience. | – 你做这个多久了Eddie? – 有十年经验 |
[21:55] | Rigged every big rock and roll show from Vancouver to Miami. | 从渥太华到迈阿密每场大型摇滚演出 绳索都是我装的 |
[21:57] | Then you should know a performer needs to check their rig before it’s flown. | 那你应该知道表演者在飞前要 亲自查看下绳索 |
[22:03] | How old are you,sweet cheeks? | 你多大 小甜甜? |
[22:04] | Old enough. Are you hopped up,Eddie? | 够大了 你转上去了 Eddie? |
[22:09] | I’m the one 50 feet in the air. You gonna be on that junk,you can stay away from me and my rig. | 我才是那个在50米高空的人 如果你坚持 就离我和我的绸索远点 |
[22:16] | I want you out of my tent.Now! | 离开我的帐篷 马上! |
[22:18] | Get out. Or I’ll have you dragged out. | 滚开 不然我把你拖出去 |
[22:21] | All right,look.Easy,big fella,easy. | 好 放轻松 大个子 放轻松 |
[22:22] | All right,I dig it. | 好 我来做 |
[22:24] | If that’s what the little lady wants. | 如果这位小女士真想的话 |
[22:29] | Ouch! | 哎呦! |
[22:31] | Now that would hurt. | 好啦 现在可好了 |
[22:39] | Eddie wasn’t one of us. | Eddie不是我们的人 |
[22:42] | Not circus folk. | 不是马戏团的亲人 |
[22:47] | He poisoned her. | 他给她下毒 |
[22:50] | You mean with drugs? | 你是说毒品? |
[22:52] | Was he selling to the crew? | 他卖给其他人吗? |
[22:54] | This rigger,he responsible for putting Mia’s coon in the air? | 那个装绸索的人 他负责将Mia的蚕茧 拉到空中? |
[22:58] | Till she kicked him out of the big top. | 在她把他从马戏团赶出去前都是 |
[23:05] | They made him shovel after the elephants. | 他们让他跟在大象后铲便便 |
[23:10] | Eddie left after Mia… | Eddie在Mia摔下后… |
[23:16] | fell. | 离开了 |
[23:28] | I went to Jones. | 我去了Jones酒吧 |
[23:30] | The bartender said you took Nick home. | 酒保说你带Nick回家了 |
[23:31] | Yeah. He was plastered by the time I got there. | 是的 我去时看到他喝得醉醺醺 |
[23:34] | – Something’s up with him. – Lot of that going around. | – 他有什么烦心事 – 大家都一样吧 |
[23:37] | Still thirsty? | 还想喝吗? |
[23:41] | I heard about your dance with Gargantuan. | 听说你和巨兽”跳舞”了 |
[23:45] | Had him right where I wanted him. | 想找他的时候他就出现了 |
[23:48] | Yeah. | 是哦 |
[23:49] | You ring him up for assault? | 你报告他袭警了? |
[23:50] | Guy belongs in the puzzle house,not county. | 那人属于马戏团 不属于这里 |
[23:54] | Punks were harassing him. | 那些流氓在骚扰他 |
[23:56] | Tagged “freak” on his building. | 在他房子上涂”神经病” |
[23:58] | Cruel world. | 残酷的世界啊 |
[23:59] | I filed three separate police reports. | 我填了三份不同的警方报告 |
[24:01] | He was just protecting himself. | 他只是在保护自己 |
[24:08] | I’m sorry I wasn’t there. | 很抱歉我不在 |
[24:10] | Almost…lit him up,Lil. | 差点 把他崩了 Lil |
[24:14] | Wanted to. | 我很想的 |
[24:16] | Thanks for… having my back. | 谢谢你… 支持我 |
[24:19] | With Moe.The alibi. | 关于Moe 那个不在场证据 |
[24:22] | Partners,right? | 我们是搭档 不是吗? |
[24:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:31] | I still can’t believe it. | 我还是不能相信 |
[24:33] | – What Hank did. – Just beat you to it. | – 是Hank做的 – 只是你想不到 |
[24:36] | So what does that make me? | 这样我又算什么呢? |
[24:39] | Human. | 人啊 |
[24:41] | Protect and serve,right? | 保护和服务 是吗? |
[24:42] | The innocent.Lil. | 那些无辜受害者 Lil |
[24:46] | Need more Hanks out there. | 需要更多像Hanks这样的人 |
[24:49] | The guy deserves a medal. | 应该颁个奖给他 |
[24:52] | You believe that? | 你真相信那种观点? |
[24:56] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[24:58] | Yeah,I believe that. | 是的 我相信 |
[25:01] | Just be glad someone else did it. | 只不过我很高兴是别人做的 |
[25:05] | That he’s gone. | 他死了 |
[25:10] | The fortune-teller said something about your mom. | 算命的说了些你妈妈的事 |
[25:13] | She okay? | 她还好吧? |
[25:16] | Time comes,Lil… | 等时机成熟的时候 Lil… |
[25:19] | I might need you to have my back,too. | 也许我也需要你的支持 |
[25:23] | Partners,right? | 我们是搭档 不是吗? |
[25:41] | Thought I was invisible. | 还以为没人能找到我 |
[25:42] | So did we,till we found your name in a Jones Brothers payroll. | 找你很难啊 直到我们在Jone兄弟公司 的工资单上找到你名字 |
[25:46] | Quite a healthy rap sheet you got there,Eddie. | 你的记录不错 Eddie |
[25:48] | Mama always said I had a little bit of the devil in me. | 妈妈常说我心中有个魔鬼 |
[25:50] | Sure she’s real proud: drugs,cons,kiting checks… | 她肯定相当以你为荣 毒品 诈骗 开空头支票 |
[25:54] | Youthful indiscretions,Detectives. | 年少轻狂嘛 警探 |
[25:57] | Made a few mistakes. | 犯了点小错 |
[25:59] | Is she one of those indiscretions? | 那她是不是你的失误之一呢? |
[26:02] | You might say that. | 你也许能这么说 |
[26:04] | But shlde Cwaass efar from a mistake. | 但她绝不是个错误 |
[26:06] | Destroying Mia’s rig,threatening her in front of witnesses–those aren’t mistakes? | 破坏Mia的绸索 在证人面前威胁她 这些都不是错? |
[26:09] | Wait a second.I didn’t even work the big top. | 等等 我都不在马戏团干活 |
[26:11] | I know. She had you kicked out. | 知道 她把你赶出去了 |
[26:12] | Had you shoveling pachyderm pies. | 让你去铲厚皮动物的便便 |
[26:15] | Cost you money,not to mention your pride.About to narc you out. | 让你没钱赚 更不用说你的自尊了 准备向缉毒警告发你 |
[26:18] | But you weren’t looking to do jail time,so you did her instead. | 但你不想在监狱里度日 所以你先下手为强 |
[26:20] | You got me.Guilty as charged. | 你抓到我了 有罪必惩 |
[26:24] | – If you call love a crime. – “Love”? | – 如果你觉得爱也是种犯罪 – “爱”? |
[26:27] | Anyone could see that that girl was a bud about to bloom. | 是人都知道那女孩是朵含苞待放的花 |
[26:31] | All she need was a double dose of Eddie. | 她需要的除了Eddie还是Eddie |
[26:33] | I might just hit you on principle. | 我刚好说到点子上了 |
[26:35] | Seem to have that effect on women. | 似乎对女人很有一套 |
[26:38] | The other side of desire. | 欲望的另一面 |
[26:41] | That young lady was bursting with it. | 那位年轻女士正要爆发 |
[26:57] | Hey,I’m sorry about yesterday. | 嗨 昨天的事 我很抱歉 |
[27:00] | I’ve been shoveling crap my whole life. | 我一生都在铲屎 |
[27:03] | So don’t losem any sleep over me,okay? | 别为我而失眠 好吗? |
[27:07] | I’m just under a lot of pressure and I could’ve handled it better. | 我只是压力太大 所以处理得不好 |
[27:14] | I heard about your folks. | 听你家人说了 |
[27:16] | It takes a lot of guts doing what you’re doing. | 干你那活 得拿出很大勇气啊 |
[27:20] | Well,I don’t really know what else to do. | 我真不知道还能干什么 |
[27:21] | I mean… family needs me. | 我是说 家里需要我 |
[27:24] | I guess you had to grow up a little fast around here. | 你在这里不得不成长得快些 |
[27:27] | So maybe,you and I aren’t so different after all. | 所以 我和你也没什么不同 |
[27:31] | Sounds like you’ve been around quite a bit. | 听起来你在这里已有段时间了 |
[27:33] | What about you?I never heard of a circus that didn’t travel. | 你呢? 我从没听说哪个马戏团不巡演 |
[27:36] | I’ve been to a bunch of places,but I never get to leave the lot. | 我去过很多地方 但我永远也不会离开这里 |
[27:40] | – Never? – Once. | – 从没? – 只有一次 |
[27:45] | When I was a little girl,my mom took me down to Bourbon Street. | 我小的时候 妈妈带我去过波旁街 |
[27:49] | – New Orleans. – There was one of those jazz funerals. | – 新奥尔良 – 正好赶上一个爵士乐葬礼 |
[27:54] | Something eerie about it,but… | 有点让人毛骨悚然 但… |
[27:57] | it was beautiful. | 很美 |
[28:09] | We should go out tonight. | 我们今晚出去吧 |
[28:12] | I’m not sure Cleo would like that. | 我觉得Cleo可能不会喜欢 |
[28:15] | Not all adventures are out there. | 出去也不总是在冒险 |
[29:11] | You should come with me. | 你应该和我一起去 |
[29:15] | Where? | 去哪里? |
[29:18] | Anywhere but this stick and rag show. | 哪都行 只要离开这个破烂地方 |
[29:23] | You’re 18.You can do anything you want. | 你已经18岁了 想做什么都可以去做 |
[29:25] | Mia!Giving it up to some gaucho! | Mia!为一个牛仔而放弃一切! |
[29:28] | Have you lost your mind?! | 你是不是疯了啊?! |
[29:29] | – Come on! – No! | – 过来! – 不! |
[29:30] | – Get out. Come with me! – Wait… | – 走 跟我走! – 等等… |
[29:33] | – Cleo!No! – Come on! | – Cleo!不! – 走! |
[29:41] | I felt bad for Mia.If you ask me,there was something weird was going on between those two. | 我为Mia觉得不值 如果你问我 我觉得他们两人有蹊跷 |
[29:47] | You know,she was 18 and they were still sharing a boxcar.Sketchy. | 你知道的 她都18岁了 他们还共用一个棚车 很可疑 |
[29:50] | Sketchier than an alcoholic clown? | 比一个酗酒的小丑还可疑? |
[29:52] | Next day,she had a busted lip,compliments of Cleo. | 第二天她嘴唇都破了 这就是来自Cleo的道贺 |
[29:57] | You painted a pretty picture of Mia,Cleo. | 你把Mia描画得很美 Cleo |
[30:00] | But,uh,but she wasn’t such an angel,now,was she? | 但她并不是这么纯洁无暇 是吗? |
[30:03] | Droppin’ acid,doing riggers…Then there’s you. | 磕药 和绸索工搅在一起 然后是你 |
[30:07] | Me?! What the hell’s that supposed to mean? | 我?!你这话什么意思? |
[30:09] | Keeping tight quarters with a teenage girl | 和一个十几岁的女孩子住得那么近 |
[30:11] | all those years… Used to having her by your side. | 这么多年… 都习惯了她在你身边 |
[30:14] | – What are you saying? – Take a seat. | – 你说什么? – 坐下 |
[30:19] | I slept on the floor. | 我睡地上 |
[30:23] | I would never,ever do what you’re suggesting. | 我绝不会做你说的这些事 |
[30:25] | – Mia was my daughter. – She was not blood. | – Mia是我女儿 – 但她不是亲生的 |
[30:27] | Was to me! | 对我而言是! |
[30:29] | Maybe I was strict and overprotective,but that place was swarming with snakes. | 也许我太严 过于保护她 但这地方满是牛鬼蛇神 |
[30:33] | – Like Eddie Armstrong? – Damn straight. | – 比如Eddie Armstrong? – 非常正确 |
[30:36] | Combed the lot,found her tripping with that… | 到处找她 发现她和那小子厮混… |
[30:40] | fink trying to get in her pants.I just snapped. | 那家伙正试图和她上床 我进去打断了他们 |
[30:42] | Oh,busted her lip trying to show her who’s boss. | 哦 打破她的唇 让她看看谁是老大 |
[30:44] | No! Never laid a hand on her. | 不! 我从没对她动过手 |
[30:49] | She was so out of it,kept falling. | 她总是闷闷不乐 |
[30:50] | I watched her all night till she finally came down. | 我整晚上看着她 直到最后她睡下 |
[30:54] | Always there to catch her,huh? | 总在那等着逮她? |
[30:57] | Not always. | 并不是经常 |
[30:59] | But I tried. | 但我试过 |
[31:01] | But you couldn’t let go. | 但你放不下 |
[31:03] | And all you had was her and that bottle. | 你所有的只有她和那个瓶子 |
[31:06] | She was becoming a woman.You were losing her. | 她变成了个女人 你失去了她 |
[31:09] | Holding her back so much that…you were suffocating her. | 这样挡着她 肯定让她感到窒息 |
[31:12] | No,you’re wrong.Loved her so much,I wanted her to go. | 不 你错了 我这么爱她 希望她能走出去 |
[31:16] | She need to get away from that place. | 她需要离开那个地方 |
[31:20] | From me. | 离开我 |
[31:25] | *Let’s swim to the moon Uh-huh,* | |
[31:29] | *let’s climb through the tide* | |
[31:33] | *Surrender to the waiting worlds* | |
[31:37] | *That lap against our side* | |
[31:42] | *Nothing left open and no* | |
[31:46] | *Time to decide* | |
[31:50] | *We’ve stepped into a river on our* | |
[31:56] | *Moonlight drive* | |
[32:24] | *Let’s swim to the moon* | |
[32:28] | *Let’s climb through the tide* | |
[32:32] | *You reach your hand to hold me* | |
[32:35] | *But I* | |
[32:37] | *Can’t be your guide* | |
[32:41] | *Easy how to love you* | |
[32:44] | *As I watch you* | |
[32:47] | *Glide* | |
[32:49] | *Falling through wet forests…* | |
[32:52] | for Mia Romanov and her amazing | 这就是Mia Romanov和她精彩表演的 |
[32:56] | Metamorphosis! | 变形记! |
[32:57] | *** | 怎么了? |
[33:00] | You looked just like your mother up there. | 你真美 刚才看起来就像是你母亲在台上 |
[33:06] | You liked it? | 你喜欢吗? |
[33:07] | I’ve seen the future,and you’re it,kiddo. | 我的预感 你有前途 孩子 |
[33:09] | Your act is too good for this top. | 这个马戏团配不上你的才能 |
[33:10] | What are you talking about? This is exactly what we need. | 你说什么呢? 这正是我们想要的效果 |
[33:13] | You heard the crowd. This will save us. | 你也听到观众欢呼了 我们有救了 |
[33:14] | This place is dying.You don’t need to die with it. | 这地方就要完了 你没必要和它一起玩完 |
[33:18] | But this is my family.Cleo,I’m not going anywhere. | 但这里是我的家 Cleo 我哪里也不去 |
[33:21] | You know how… when a circus elephant is born, | 你知道..马戏团有小象出生时会怎样 |
[33:25] | the bull handler will secure it with a thin rope | 驯兽员会一根细绳栓住它 |
[33:28] | tied to a skinny stick in the ground? | 绳子绑在空地上的细棍上? |
[33:30] | Sure,and when that elephant grows up, | 对 当小象长大后 |
[33:33] | that rope and skinny stick can still make him stay put. | 那根绳子和细棍仍能让它乖乖待着 |
[33:37] | That stick can’t hold you anymore. | 那根棍子再也不能控制你了 |
[33:41] | Are you calling me an elephant? | 你把我比成一头大象? |
[33:50] | I wish she’d listened to me,but it was already too late. | 我希望她能接受我的建议 可已经太迟了 |
[33:53] | She fell the next night. | 第二天晚上她就摔了下来 |
[33:54] | Buried her in the Romanov family plot. | 把她埋在了Romanov家族墓地中 |
[33:57] | A few days later,I was back on the sawdust in Allentown. | 几天后 我回到了Allentown |
[34:00] | A few days? | 几天后? |
[34:02] | Thought the circus was due in Allentown the night after the accident? | 还以为事故后次日晚上 马戏团就应该到了Allentown |
[34:06] | Don’t know who told you that. | 不知道是谁这样告诉你的 |
[34:07] | No,we had a week between stops. | 我们停演了一个星期 |
[34:10] | Got the route card to prove it. | 有路程记录可以证明 |
[34:16] | Losing track of all your lies,Biggie. | 谎话圆不了了 Biggie |
[34:19] | Told us you were due in Allentown when you had a week between gigs. | 你说在Allentown的那一周 实际上你们停演了一周 |
[34:23] | We had to wildcat it out of there after Mia’s nosedive. | 在Mia出事后我们得离开那里 |
[34:27] | Especially since you had a murder scene to tear down. | 尤其因为你有个谋杀现场要掩盖 |
[34:29] | Come on,who’s going to take their kiddies to see us after a fall like that? | 得啦 那样的惨剧后 谁会带小孩来看我们的表演? |
[34:34] | Thought with a little extra time,we could drum up some business in Allentown. | 来个加时赛倒可能在Allentown 多招徕一点生意 |
[34:39] | I know what it looks like,but it was a business decision. | 我知道看起来不好 但这是个商业决策 |
[34:42] | You weren’t the only one making business decisions. | 你不是唯一一个做商业决策的人 |
[34:45] | Found out Ringling Brothers wanted Mia. | 发现林林兄弟马戏团想要Mia加盟 |
[34:47] | Ringling– they tried to poach everyone. | 林林兄弟–他们想挖走每个人 |
[34:50] | After everything your family had done for her. | 在你的大家庭为她做了那么多后 |
[34:52] | Raising Mia as one of their own. | 像自己亲人一样抚养了Mia |
[34:54] | Knew if you lost her,it was all over. | 知道一旦你失去了她 一切都完了 |
[34:56] | But Mia wouldn’t fall in line. | Mia可不听你的话 |
[34:57] | Left a little man with a big temper holding the bag. | 留下一个火爆脾气的矮个男人 收拾烂摊子 |
[34:59] | And when it’s all said and done,Mia ends up eating sawdust. | 所有的努力都尝试过后 Mia倒了霉 |
[35:04] | Come on,you guys. | 够啦 伙计们 |
[35:06] | Do I look like I could hurt anyone? | 我看起来能伤害别人吗? |
[35:09] | Spoke to Biggie,Lester. | 说说Biggie, Lester |
[35:11] | Remember him? | 记得他吗? |
[35:13] | Yes. Biggie. | 记得 Biggie |
[35:15] | Well,he says youkilled Mia. | 他说是你杀了Mia |
[35:19] | Me? | 我? |
[35:20] | Biggie couldn’t have killed Mia. | Biggie杀不了Mia |
[35:21] | Couldn’t have lifted her up into that coon. | 不可能把她搬上去 |
[35:24] | I’m thinking he forced you to do it,Lester. | 我在想是他逼迫你这么做的 Lester |
[35:28] | Like he always forced you. | 就像他一直这么对待你 |
[35:31] | You don’t have to be scared of Biggie anymore. | 你不必要再去惧怕Biggie |
[35:33] | He can’t hurt you. | 他伤害不了你 |
[35:35] | No,you got it wrong! | 不 你们想错了! |
[35:37] | You put yourself at the scene,Biggie. | 你证明了你在犯罪现场 Biggie |
[35:40] | Said she was “good to go.” | 说过她是”准备好飞了” |
[35:41] | Mia was dead.You got Lester to stuff her into silks justto cover it up. | Mia死了 你让Lester把她塞进绸布里 用来掩盖真相 |
[35:45] | I’d done some things I had to do.But I did not kill Mia. | 我是做了一些我必须做的事 但我没有杀害Mia |
[35:52] | if you could please find it in your heart to donate | 如果可以 请你真心募捐 |
[35:56] | again to help orphaned children get a chance to see The Human Butterfly. | 再次帮助孤儿获取观看 <蝴蝶美人>的机会 |
[35:59] | In return,for helping make these children’s dreams come true, | 作为帮助孩子梦想成真的回报 |
[36:01] | your companyname will be featured in our special program. | 你公司的名字会在我们的特别节目里出现 |
[36:05] | Hey,Mia. | 嘿 Mia |
[36:07] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干嘛? |
[36:09] | This makes no sense.It says we’ve sold 800 tickets.The top only sits 400. | 这样做没意思 写了我们售出800张票 可场地只有400个座位 |
[36:12] | – What are you doing,Biggie? – All right,everyone.Scram. | – 你想干什么 Biggie? – 好了 大伙 闪开 |
[36:17] | Listen,sweetheart,to make sure that the show can go on, | 听着 甜心 为了演出能进行顺利 |
[36:20] | I’ve had to be a little creative. | 我必须有点创新精神 |
[36:23] | We’re not affiliated with any charity,but you’re selling tickets in their name. | 我们不属于任何一个慈善团体 但你却用他们的名义在卖票 |
[36:26] | Where were these kids in the stands? | 看台上的孩子在哪里? |
[36:28] | It’s a write-off to local businesses. | 这对当地经济有好处 |
[36:30] | It’s one thing to rip people off on the midway, | 这和中途把人赶下车是一回事 |
[36:32] | but you’re going to use my act to scam charities for orphans? | 你打算用我的表演诈骗孤儿慈善团体? |
[36:35] | What do you care? | 你操什么心呢? |
[36:36] | You’ll be flying under the Ringling Top soon. | 你就要为林林兄弟马戏团效力了 |
[36:40] | – What? – That’s right.I know all about it. | – 什么? – 没错 我全知道 |
[36:44] | I can’t believe you,Biggie. | 我真不敢相信你 Biggie |
[36:47] | I was going to tell them “no.” But now? | 我打算和他们说”不” 但现在? |
[37:01] | Once I told management,it was out of my hands. | 一旦我告诉了管理人 就不是我能控制的了 |
[37:05] | “Management,” huh? | “管理人” 哈? |
[37:06] | Controlled the whole thing. | 控制着所有的事 |
[37:07] | And just who was this management? | 那就说说谁是管理人? |
[37:10] | – Bunch of suits out of Florida. – You see,that’s a crock. | – 佛罗里达来的西装革履的家伙 – 瞧 那说法可站不住脚 |
[37:13] | The SEC has no record of J.B. Ricketts Investments. | 证监会没有J.B. Ricketts投资公司的记录 |
[37:17] | But Wikipedia does. | 但是维基百科有 |
[37:19] | J.B. Ricketts founded the American circus. | J.B. Ricketts创立了美国马戏团 |
[37:23] | Died in 1799. | 死于1799年 |
[37:26] | – There was no “management.”It was you. – No. | – 根本没有”管理人” 就是你自己 – 不对 |
[37:30] | If it were just that simple. | 但愿真是那么简单 |
[37:34] | You were diagnosed with,uh, | 你被诊断为 呃 |
[37:36] | is it “cerebral gigantism”? | “脑性巨人症”? |
[37:40] | It’s a pretty rare disorder. | 是种不常见的病 |
[37:42] | Often accompanied with diminished mental capacity. | 大多伴有智力缺陷 |
[37:46] | The D.A.’s willing to cut a deal for you. | 检察官愿意提供你做辩诉交易 |
[37:48] | We don’t want to send you to County, | 我们不想把你送去监狱 |
[37:49] | so you tell us what happened and we’ll make sure you go to a comfortable medical facility. | 你告诉我们真相 我们保证你去个舒适的医疗所 |
[37:53] | Oh,yeah,they’ll get you squared away. | 他们会帮你打理一切的 |
[37:55] | In a year or two,you’re a handyman in Reading again. | 一两年后 你就能阅读能做零活了 |
[38:01] | Help us put Biggie away for good. | 做点好事帮我们拿下Biggie |
[38:13] | Biggie was a… a monster. | Biggie是个… 禽兽 |
[38:17] | He… | 他… |
[38:19] | He… he… he made me. | 他… 他… 他逼我的 |
[38:27] | This lifeline, | 这根救命稻草 |
[38:28] | those meds–pretty expensive. I didn’t know the circus had such great benefits. | 那些药物–花不少钱呢 我不知道马戏团有这么好的福利 |
[38:32] | So,we decided to check. | 所以 我们决定去查一下 |
[38:34] | Turns out they don’t. | 结果发现没有 |
[38:36] | Your medicine is paid for by a private company. | 你的药物是由一家私人公司支付的 |
[38:38] | Same company pays your rent. | 和付你房租的是同一家公司 |
[38:40] | – You don’t get it,do you? – No,I get it. | – 你还没懂 对吗? – 不 我懂 |
[38:42] | And you’re going to prison,and there’s no PPO in the pokie. | 你会去坐牢 那里可没有人身保护令 |
[38:45] | A guy like you won’t last six months. | 像你这样的家伙撑不了6个月 |
[38:50] | Last time,Big. | 最后一次机会 Big |
[38:51] | Who was management? | 谁是管理人? |
[38:58] | “He made me.” | “他逼我的” |
[39:01] | Man,I hope we got that on video.Submit it to the Academy. | 天啊 真希望我们能拍下来 提交给奥斯卡评委们 |
[39:05] | See,the thing is,people with cerebral gigantism,although usually bigger as children, | 事实上 患有脑性巨人症的人 只不过孩提时期比别人个子大一些 |
[39:09] | are often in the normal height range as adults. | 成人后大多在正常高度范围之内 |
[39:12] | Far from normal,Gargantuan. | 很不正常 巨兽 |
[39:14] | That country doctor misdiagnosed you. | 那个庸医误诊你了 |
[39:16] | You don’t have cerebral gigantism.You’re just big. | 你没患脑性巨人症 你只是个子大而已 |
[39:19] | No,but you ain’t no dummy. | 你也不是傻子 |
[39:20] | See,I wanted to talk to your boss. | 我们本想和你老板谈谈 |
[39:22] | Went to the city tax assessors to see who owns that building you maintain. | 去市税务部门查了你住房的主人是谁 |
[39:25] | Found out,it’s you. You own it. | 结果发现 是你 你就是房主 |
[39:27] | Along with half a dozen others.Big Top,Incorporated. | 还有其他6套公寓 马戏团 注册公司 |
[39:30] | Same company that pays Biggie’s bill. | 也是支付Biggie账单的那家公司 |
[39:32] | You were “management.” | 你就是”管理人” |
[39:35] | Me? | 我? |
[39:40] | Biggie’s confession. | Biggie认罪了 |
[39:41] | I’d give it to you in picture form, | 我想以图片形式给你看 |
[39:43] | but we know you weren’t hit with the idiot stick. | 但我们知道你不是傻子 |
[39:46] | In fact,you’re a millionaire. | 事实上 你是个百万富翁 |
[39:52] | Now,Biggie told us how his circus was dying till you took it over. | Biggie告诉我们他的马戏团 是如何走向末路 直到你接手 |
[39:55] | You weren’t his puppet.He was yours. | 你不是他的傀儡 他才是你的 |
[40:05] | Seen that fear in your eyes all my life. | 这辈子我总看见你们眼里这种恐惧 |
[40:08] | But when those cake eaters would step into ten-in-one… | 但当那些自以为是的富人走进 十人住的帐篷时… |
[40:12] | looking at me. | 看着我 |
[40:13] | Laughing. | 嘲笑我 |
[40:15] | Pointing. | 指指点点 |
[40:17] | They thought I was on exhibit. | 他们认为我是个展示品 |
[40:21] | But I was studying them. | 但我在研究他们 |
[40:23] | So you concocted a scam to get back at them. Steal their money. | 所以你设计了一个骗局报复他们 窃取他们的钱财 |
[40:28] | Prove you were smarter. | 来证明你更聪明 |
[40:29] | No. It was about preserving our family. | 不 这是在保护我们的家庭 |
[40:32] | Our livelihoods. | 我们的生存之道 |
[40:33] | The one place where no one would treat me like a freak. | 一个没有人把我当怪物的地方 |
[40:36] | But Mia busted you on your scam. | 但Mia揭穿了你的骗局 |
[40:38] | Wouldn’t take part. | 不愿参与其中 |
[40:40] | We could’ve moved on.Gone back to the family we were. | 我们本可以相安无事 继续做一家人 |
[40:43] | I couldn’t just… sit by | 我不能…就这么坐视不管 |
[40:46] | and have her tear us apart. | 让她毁了我们 |
[40:52] | Wanted to wish you a good show,kid. | 演出愉快 孩子 |
[40:56] | But Mia,what you saw, | 但是Mia 你看到的事 |
[40:59] | those phone calls,will never happen again,Mia. | 那些电话 再也不会发生了Mia |
[41:02] | We’ll sell out with your act and some old-fashioned bally. | 有了你的表演和其他传统节目 会满座的 |
[41:06] | Family again. | 和以前一家人那样 |
[41:08] | No blood,no foul. | 没有冲突 没有不愉快 |
[41:11] | You expect me to trust you?You’re a con. | 你指望我相信你? 你是个骗子 |
[41:13] | – Mia,listen… – You know what a con man hates most? | – Mia 听着… – 你知道一个骗子最痛恨什么吗? |
[41:16] | People knowing the truth. | 人们知道真相 |
[41:19] | Look,there’s no need to get the cops involved. | 没有必要让警方介入 |
[41:21] | I’m a kinker. No cops. After the show,I’m telling the family the truth. | 我是表演马戏的 用不着警察 演出结束后 我会告诉大伙真相 |
[41:26] | Mia! Don’t be a fool. | Mia! 别犯傻 |
[41:28] | Let them make their own decisions,Biggie. | 让他们做出自己的判断 Biggie |
[41:31] | I’ve already made mine. | 我早做好了决定 |
[41:33] | Now,I gotta fly. | 现在 我要出场了 |
[41:54] | *People are strange when you’re a stranger* | |
[41:59] | *Faces look ugly when you’re alone* | |
[42:03] | *Women seem wicked when you’re unwanted* | |
[42:07] | *Streets are uneven when you’re down* | |
[42:10] | *When you’re strange* | |
[42:13] | *Faces come out of the rain* | |
[42:17] | *When you’re strange* | |
[42:19] | *No one remembers your name* | |
[42:23] | *When you’re strange,when you’re strange* | |
[42:27] | *When you’re strange…* | |
[42:32] | *People are strange when you’re a stranger* | |
[42:35] | *Faces look ugly when you’re alone* | |
[42:39] | *Women seem wicked when you’re unwanted* | |
[42:43] | *Streets are uneven when you’re down* | |
[43:03] | *When you’re strange* | |
[43:06] | *Faces come out of the rain* | |
[43:09] | *When you’re strange* | |
[43:12] | *No one remembers your name* | |
[43:15] | *When you’re strange* | |
[43:17] | *When you’re strange,when you’re strange…* | |
[43:22] | *All right,yeah.* |