时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event . | 故事纯属虚构 不影射任何真人真事 |
[00:06] | May 3,1974 | 1974年3月3日 |
[00:11] | mrs.welter,sorry to keep you waiting. | Welter太太 让您久等了 |
[00:13] | mr.denton,i’d like the results of your investigation. | Denton先生 我想要调查的结果 |
[00:17] | what is that you have on,mrs.welter? | 你擦的什么香水? |
[00:19] | it’s intoxicating. | 真让人着迷啊 |
[00:22] | moonlit mist. | 月色迷雾 |
[00:25] | stalling,mr.denton.i don’t like it when men keep me waiting. | 别磨蹭了 Denton先生 我不喜欢男人拖拖拉拉的 |
[00:29] | then let’s get down to business. | 那我们就说正事吧 |
[00:31] | the good news,mrs.welter, | 好消息是 |
[00:33] | is that your husband carl is rich. | 你丈夫Carl是个富翁 |
[00:36] | the bad news is,he’s banging the secretary | 坏消息是 他和秘书搞上了 |
[00:40] | myrtle bartlett.hot little number. | Myrtle Bartlett 火辣小美女 |
[00:42] | wednesdays and thursdays. | 每周三和周四 |
[00:44] | room at the capricorn motel. | 在摩羯星汽车旅馆 |
[00:46] | lunch at the regent.then took her shopping. | 在丽晶酒店吃午饭 然后带她去血拼 |
[00:48] | bought her several undergarments at macy’s and a bottle of perfume– moonlit mist. | 在梅西百货买了好几件内衣和一瓶香水 月色迷雾 |
[00:56] | here,let me see. | 让我看看 |
[00:58] | upside down. | 这张要倒过来 |
[01:01] | reminds me of a chinese circus i saw once. | 让我想起看过的一个中国杂技 |
[01:05] | i’m glad you find this funny,mr. denton. | 你觉得好笑吗 Denton先生 |
[01:08] | flexible son of a bitch though,ain’t he? | 这杂种的身子倒是挺灵活的 对吧? |
[01:11] | *any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you* | |
[01:17] | *my friend any minor world that breaks apart falls together again* | |
[01:23] | *when the demon is at your door* | |
[01:25] | oh,lana,sweetheart,come here and let me see your shoes. | Lana 甜心儿 过来 让我看看你的鞋 |
[01:28] | you’ve seen them already. | 你都看过了 |
[01:29] | twice. | 还不止一遍 |
[01:30] | hey,hey,that’s my medicine. | 嘿 那是我的药 |
[01:31] | wilson katz is here. | Wilson Katz来了 |
[01:33] | i told him you need a minute. | 我让他等一会儿 |
[01:34] | for what? | 等什么? |
[01:35] | we can’t have you looking like you’ve been in a bar fight. | 你不能看上去像刚在酒吧打过架 |
[01:38] | cbs don’t suppose mrs. welter paid her bill? | Welter太太还是不肯付账? |
[01:40] | no. | 对 |
[01:41] | i’m sick of taking these penny-ante cases. | 总是这种鸡毛蒜皮的案子 我受够了 |
[01:44] | maybe katz has got a big job. | 说不定Katz的是大案子呢 |
[01:46] | probably just scraps,but. | 说不定还是那点破事 |
[01:48] | all right,go ahead. | 好吧 去吧 |
[01:49] | let the bald bastard in. | 让那个杂种进来 |
[01:51] | *i can tell you all i know the where to go,the what to do.* | |
[02:34] | what do you got? | 怎么了? |
[02:35] | workers uncovered the bones this morning. | 工人今天早上发现的尸骨 |
[02:37] | male. | 男性 |
[02:38] | csu estimates late 30s. | 验尸官估计在30岁左右 |
[02:41] | site engineer thinks the body was there when the foundation was poured. | 工地工程师认为在奠基浇水泥时 尸体就已经在这里了 |
[02:44] | contacted lni to get a date on the original build permit. | 跟许可监察局联系 问问原大楼建筑许可的日期 |
[02:47] | unlucky worker or union scab. | 不是倒霉的工人就是罢工抗议者 |
[02:49] | well,carrying a gun,not a hammer. | 他没带锤子 倒是带了支枪 |
[02:52] | techs recovered it with the body.it’s a .32. | 跟尸体一起找到的 是支点32 |
[02:54] | murder weapon? | 是凶器吗? |
[02:55] | not likely.found in a holster on the body. | 不太可能 尸体上的枪袋里找到的 |
[02:59] | they got a hit on the serial numbers. | 枪是注册过的 |
[03:01] | it’s registered to a harold denton. | 注册人是Harold Denton |
[03:04] | harry denton. | |
[03:05] | ring a bell? | 听说过? |
[03:06] | ex-vice cop. | 以前是刑警队的 |
[03:07] | took a swing at his captain. | 打过他的队长 |
[03:08] | one of us? | 是我们局的? |
[03:09] | no,they washed him out,and harry went over to the dark side and became a private investigator. | 不 他们把他除名了 Harry走了邪道 做了私家侦探 |
[03:13] | ah,it’s bunch of scumbags. | 一群卑鄙小人 |
[03:16] | creeping around the bushes,snapping shots of cheating husbands and wives. | 躲在树丛里等着拍那些已婚偷情男女 |
[03:20] | they’re not all bad. | 他们不都是坏人 |
[03:21] | i had one do me a solid on a rape case a couple years back. | 几年前有个私家侦探帮我查清了一件强奸案 |
[03:24] | these guys are all the same. | 这些人都一样 |
[03:25] | they’re thinking they’re solving mysteries like sam spade. | 他们觉得自己就像大侦探Sam Spade (硬汉派侦探小说家汉密特笔下代表人物) |
[03:28] | that harry’s game? | Harry也这样吗? |
[03:29] | i got a buddy in vice who will rember him. | 我在刑警队有个朋友应该认识他 |
[03:32] | probably just taking cases to get by. | 也许他只是靠这个勉强糊口 |
[03:35] | looks like harry took the wrong case. | |
[03:56] | Cold Case Season seven Episode twelve | |
[04:16] | harry denton,40 years old. | Harry Denton 40岁 |
[04:18] | cbs m.e.says the dental records are a match. | 验尸官证实牙科记录吻合 |
[04:20] | well,missing persons report filed may 11,1974,by harry’s secretary lana parker. | 1974年5月11日失踪 Harry的秘书Lana Parker报的案 |
[04:27] | reported the safe in harry’s office had been cleaned out. | 说Harry办公室的保险箱被洗劫一空 |
[04:30] | a list of harry’s last appointments,so that’s about it. | Harry最后几个案子的清单 |
[04:32] | assigned really punched the clock on this one. | 这么多真够他忙的 |
[04:34] | harry burned some bridges around here. | Harry有点玩命的意思 |
[04:36] | you talk to iab? | 你跟内务部的人谈过吗? |
[04:37] | odd. | 很奇怪 |
[04:38] | there’s no mention of harry hitting his captain. | 没有和队长打架的记录 |
[04:40] | got drummed out for taking the note. | 因为收黑钱被开除 |
[04:42] | harry was dirty? | Harry是个坏警察? |
[04:43] | yeah,booted off the force in ’71.started up denton investigations right after. | 是啊 1971年被踢出警队 随后就开了私人侦探所 |
[04:48] | different times back then. | 那时的社会很不一样 |
[04:49] | the way i heard it,a lot of cops on the take. | 我听说 大部分警探都会受贿 |
[04:52] | didn’t stop with dacron and disco. | 不是送点小恩小惠 请跳舞那么简单 |
[04:54] | recovered a .38 caliber bullet embedded in the breast bone,suggesting a posterior point of entry. | 胸骨处嵌着一枚点38口径子弹 是从后端射入的 |
[05:01] | shot in the back. | 背后冷枪 |
[05:02] | probably running from something. | 也许是逃跑的时候被击中了 |
[05:03] | what do you got,nick? | 你找到什么了 Nick? |
[05:05] | well. | 嗯 |
[05:08] | spent a riveting hour down at the licensing and inspection office. | 我在许可监察局翻箱倒柜了半天 |
[05:12] | hbt construction did the cement work may 8. | HBT公司为那栋建筑 浇铸水泥的时间是5月8号 |
[05:15] | how about a list of company employees? | 工人的名单有吗? |
[05:18] | besides the name,i got a bunch of nothing. | 除了名字 屁也没有 |
[05:20] | the outfit went belly up in the ’80s. | 整队人马在80年代就解散了 |
[05:32] | got a minute? | 有空吗? |
[05:33] | i’m kind of in the middle of something here,pops. | 我正忙呢 爸爸 |
[05:35] | you should have called before you came down. | 你来之前该打个电话 |
[05:38] | you find something out? | 你查出什么了吗? |
[05:39] | what. | 什么 |
[05:40] | did ma say something? | 妈跟你说什么了? |
[05:42] | didn’t have to. | 她用不着说 |
[05:43] | i know when something is up. | 我能感觉到有事 |
[05:44] | hey,look,pops,it’s not a good time right now. | 爸 我现在真的有事 |
[05:47] | we’ll talk later. | 这事有空再说 |
[05:49] | i’ll come back. | 我会再来的 |
[05:50] | we’ll grab lunch tomorrow. | 我们明天一起吃午饭吧 |
[05:52] | i promise. | 我保证去 |
[06:03] | harry finally turned up. | Harry终于现身了 |
[06:05] | yeah,under a three-story office building and seven tons of concrete. | 是的 身上压了栋3层小楼还有7吨混凝土 |
[06:08] | shot in the back. | 背中一枪 |
[06:09] | kept his desk. | 他留下了这张书桌 |
[06:11] | even left his medicine. | 连他的药物都没带走 |
[06:13] | harry was one of the good ones. | Harry是个好人 |
[06:14] | you filed the missing person’s report? | 你报的案说他失踪了? |
[06:16] | a lot of good that did. | 那可算做了件大好事哈 |
[06:18] | harry was persona non grata with the philly p.d. | Harry可不讨费城警队的喜欢 |
[06:21] | on account of him getting kicked off the force? | 因为他是被警队踢出来的? |
[06:23] | kept telling me without a body or evidence of foul play,they were going under the assumption he’d skipped town. | 他们说如果没有尸体或是犯罪证据 就认为他只是潜逃了 |
[06:28] | not like harry? | 不像Harry做的事? |
[06:29] | harry wasn’t the type to turn tail. | Harry可不是那种会临阵脱逃的人 |
[06:31] | trust me,there were times i wish he had. | 有时候我真希望他是 |
[06:33] | you took over harry’s business after he disappeared? | Harry失踪后你接管了他的公司? |
[06:36] | that’s right. | 没错 |
[06:37] | i knocked off harry so i could get rich taking photos of cheating spouses. | 我弄死了Harry 好靠拍偷情照片发大财 |
[06:42] | i’ve seen people kill for less. | 我见过有人为几个小钱就去杀人 |
[06:43] | harry could be a real pain in the ass,but his heart was in the right place. | Harry有时确实很烦 但他的心是好的 |
[06:47] | what sort of casework did harry specialize in? | Harry接的案子都是什么类型的? |
[06:50] | if it had a pulse and a wallet and walked through that door,we took the job. | 只要给钱 什么案子我们都接 |
[06:55] | this is a list of the cases harry was working on. | 这是Harry那时案子的清单 |
[06:57] | anything we should know about? | 你有什么线索吗? |
[07:00] | krebs was a tail job– went nowhere. | Krebs这案子最后什么也没查出来 |
[07:03] | o’keefe– a cheating husband. | O’keefe–出轨的丈夫 |
[07:05] | same as barb welter. | Barb Welter也是 |
[07:07] | what about the one that says “counselor”? | 这个写着”顾问”的是什么意思? |
[07:08] | wilson katz. | |
[07:11] | big-shot lawyer. | 大律师 |
[07:12] | he and harry served in the navy together. | 他和Harry曾一起在海军服役 |
[07:14] | harry ever work for him before? | Harry之前从没跟他合作过? |
[07:16] | a little bit of this,a little bit of that,but always on the qt. | 断断续续吧 不过都是私下进行 |
[07:22] | cbs i see business is going well,harry. | 生意不错啊 Harry |
[07:24] | it’s nothing. | 没啥 |
[07:26] | oh,silk. | 是真丝啊 |
[07:28] | oh,you must be keeping some swanky company these days,wilson. | 你肯定是跟上等人混上了 Wilson |
[07:31] | i remember when you was wearing plastic shoes and eating at the automat. | 我还记得你以前穿着塑胶鞋吃路边摊的样儿 |
[07:34] | knock it off,harry. | 别扯了 Harry |
[07:36] | i’m here about a client. | 我是为个客户来的 |
[07:37] | you know my rates. | 你知道我的价钱 |
[07:38] | this client requires discretion. | 这客户的案子需要行事谨慎 |
[07:40] | to ensure that discretion,the client is willing to double your rates. | 只要你能确保这一点 客人愿意出双倍价钱 |
[07:43] | all right,enough with the cryptic jive,katz. | 好吧 别说这些台面话了 Katz |
[07:45] | just tell me the job. | 告诉我是什么活儿 |
[07:50] | lana,be a sweetheart– go out and grab us a couple coffees,would you? | Lana 乖 出去给我们买两杯咖啡好吗? |
[07:58] | when i came back,they were gone. | 我回来的时候 他们已经走了 |
[08:00] | ever find out what the case was? | 你不知道是什么案子? |
[08:02] | i asked,but harry wouldn’t tell me. | 我问过 但Harry不肯告诉我 |
[08:04] | is katz sill around? | Katz还在吗? |
[08:05] | he’s still practicing. | 他还在当律师 |
[08:06] | making problems disappear. | 拿人钱财 |
[08:08] | for a fee,of course. | 与人消灾 |
[08:09] | not a fan? | 你不喜欢他? |
[08:11] | know the difference between a mosquito and a lawyer? | 知道蚊子和律师的区别吗? |
[08:14] | one’s a blood-sucking parasite,the other’s an insect. | 一个是吸血鬼 另一个是虫子 |
[08:21] | the season opener’s a ways off,mr.katz. | 又是一年 生意兴隆啊 Katz先生 |
[08:25] | that it is,detective. | 可不是吗 |
[08:30] | how can i help you? | 有什么能帮你们的? |
[08:31] | we’re here about your old friend,harry denton. | 我们来是为你的一个老朋友 Harry Denton |
[08:35] | they found his body buried under an office building in center city. | 他被埋在市中心一栋办公楼底下 |
[08:38] | i’m not surprised.harry kept bad company. | 我不吃惊 Harry总是择友不善 |
[08:41] | lawyers included? | 包括律师? |
[08:43] | i’m afraid so. | 恐怕是这样的 |
[08:44] | you hired harry right before he was killed. | 你在Harry被杀前刚雇了他 |
[08:47] | perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[08:48] | what was the job? | 为什么事? |
[08:50] | i have my client’s privacy to protect. | 我得为客户保密 |
[08:52] | i bet those fancy clients of yours would love opening their morning paper,seeing your name linked to a murder investigation. | 相信你的上层客户们会很高兴在早报上 看见你的名字跟谋杀案联在一起 |
[09:04] | i retained harry’s services at the behest of a client. | 我遵从一位客户的指令才雇了Harry |
[09:07] | name? | 名字? |
[09:08] | caroline hargreave. | |
[09:20] | wind. | |
[09:23] | some lunk of goldfish,huh? | 这是什么烂金鱼? |
[09:25] | koi– flown in direct from kyoto. | 是锦鲤–直接从京都运来的 |
[09:28] | don’t touch them. | 别碰它们 |
[09:30] | *you say you’ll stay with him* | |
[09:33] | be a darling,wilson,and fetch my robe. | 帮个忙 Wilson 把我的浴袍拿来 |
[09:35] | i see you go again looking for a home. | |
[09:42] | hell of a view. | 景色真不错 |
[09:44] | harry denton,denton investigations. | Harry Denton, Denton侦探所 |
[09:47] | wilson says you’re good at finding things. | Wilson说你对找东西很在行 |
[09:50] | depends on what i’m looking for. | 看要找什么了 |
[09:52] | harry’s the right man for the job. | Harry是不二人选 |
[09:54] | i need you to find my daughter,mr.denton. | 我要你帮我找到女儿 |
[09:57] | her name’s michelle,but we call her bunny. | 她叫Michelle 不过我们叫她Bunny |
[09:59] | pretty girl. | 挺漂亮 |
[10:01] | beauty can be a burden. | 美丽也是负担 |
[10:02] | runaway? | 离家出走? |
[10:03] | last week. | 上周 |
[10:04] | –it happen before? –no | – 以前有过吗? – 没有 |
[10:06] | helps if i know why she decided to scram. | 如果知道她出走的理由 会有用 |
[10:10] | bunny’s father stan recently passed away. | Bunny的父亲Stan最近去世了 |
[10:13] | heart attack. | 心脏病 |
[10:14] | quite a shock. | 打击啊 |
[10:15] | and bunny took it hard? | Bunny受不了? |
[10:17] | adored her father.she started acting out. | 她崇敬父亲 开始干出格的事 |
[10:19] | i’d rather not involve the police again. | 我可不想让警察再卷进来 |
[10:21] | again? | 再? |
[10:23] | last month they picked her up for reckless driving. | 上个月他们因鲁莽驾驶拘了她 |
[10:25] | wilson says you’re the discrete type. | Wilson说你是独立的 |
[10:27] | you betcha. | 那还用说嘛 |
[10:29] | anything else i should know? | 还有别的我该知道的吗? |
[10:30] | to make a long story short,i plan on sending her to oakdale– camp for troubled teens. | 长话短说 我打算送她去橡树谷 那有问题少年训练营 |
[10:35] | and bunny resisted. | Bunny不乐意 |
[10:36] | we had a terrible fight.she took a car and ran away. | 我们大吵了一架 她就开车跑啦 |
[10:39] | i’m worried she’s in trouble. | 我担心她遇到麻烦 |
[10:40] | what sort of trouble? | 什么麻烦? |
[10:42] | i’m afraid she fell in with some undesirables. | 她和不良分子混在一起 |
[10:45] | bohemians and radicals. | 波西米亚人和激进分子 |
[10:47] | oh,well,you got to watch out for those types. | 得留心这类人 |
[10:50] | did a number on patty hearst. | 对Patty Hearst影响很大 70年代美国报业大亨的孙女 19岁时被激进组织绑架后失踪 后帮助绑匪合伙抢劫银行 |
[10:52] | that’s where you come in,mr.denton. | 就从那里开始 Denton先生 |
[10:53] | i want my daughter back safe and with a minimum of fuss. | 我要我女儿毫发无损地回来 |
[10:57] | i’ll start today. | 今天就开始 |
[10:59] | wilson,see to it that mr.denton gets his money. | Wilson 务必使Denton先生得到酬劳 |
[11:03] | *looking for a home* | |
[11:09] | but harry was too late. | 但太迟了 |
[11:11] | he didn’t find her? | 他没找到? |
[11:12] | bunny died in a car accident several days later. | 几天后Bunny因为车祸而死 |
[11:15] | when was this? | 什么时候? |
[11:17] | as e may 6,1974. | 或许是1974年5月6日 |
[11:20] | caroline was heartbroken. | Caroline伤透心了 |
[11:22] | blamed herself for not acting sooner. | 一直责怪自己没有更早行动 |
[11:50] | this is rush from homicide.got a possible 10-37. | 我是凶案组的Rush 需要当值警官的名字 |
[11:54] | a dui suspect driving a dark gray chevy cobalt,license number 9. | 有位酒后驾车嫌疑人驾驶 一辆黑灰色雪佛兰 车牌尾号9 |
[12:04] | tracked down the owner of hbt construction,carl welter. | 查到了Hbt大楼的老板 Carl Welter |
[12:09] | s hbt was one of a series of shell companies set up to take advantage on non-union contracts. | Hbt是一个空壳公司 利用非工会合同牟利 |
[12:14] | and what’s the connect to harry? | 和Harry有什么关系? |
[12:16] | welter’s wife barb hired harry to check up him. | welter的老婆Barb雇Harry调查他 |
[12:19] | harry captured a few kodak moments between carl and his secretary. | Harry抓拍了一些Carl和他秘书在一起的照片 |
[12:23] | booked for agg assault in ’75. | 1975年因暴力攻击而被捕过 |
[12:26] | settled a dispute with one of his subcontractors with a piece of rebar. | 用一根钢筋解决了和一个分包商的纠纷 |
[12:30] | and harry gets a concrete coffin. | 所以Harry得到了一副水泥棺材 |
[12:42] | hbt construction. | Hbt建筑公司 |
[12:44] | one of your company’s poured the foundation,carl. | 是你的公司为那里浇筑了地基 Carl |
[12:47] | i’d have to have a date and an address,and even then,i can’t promise you nothing. | 需要日期和地址 就算那样 也不能保证我还记得什么 |
[12:51] | may 8,1974,16 north terrace. | 1974年5月8日 北16区街坊 |
[12:55] | could have been one of ours. | 可能是我们做的 |
[12:57] | i’m guessing disposing of bodies is a big code violation. | 我估计处理尸体是严重违法行为 |
[13:00] | oh-ho,i don’t know nothing about that. | 哦 我什么也不知道 |
[13:02] | could have been some illegal that fell asleep on a job; it wouldn’t be the first time. | 可能是某个非法劳工干活时睡着了 这种事不是第一次发生 |
[13:06] | man’s name was harry denton,private eye. | 那人叫Harry Denton 私人侦探 |
[13:08] | did a little work for your wife,barb. | 为你老婆Barb做过事 |
[13:12] | okay,so i wanted to wring his neck.wouldn’t you? | 好吧 我是想扭断他的脖子 你不会吗? |
[13:26] | *taking my time,choosing my line tryin’ to decide what to do looks like my stop don’t wanna get off.* | |
[13:38] | you seen her? | 见过她吗? |
[13:41] | how about you?seen her? | 你呢? 见过吗? |
[13:44] | *seems to me you don’t want to talk about it seems to me you just turn your pretty head and walk away.* | |
[14:06] | get off! | 滚开! |
[14:07] | get your hands off me! | 把爪子拿开! |
[14:09] | just doing my job,kid. | 工作需要 孩子 |
[14:10] | –that woman is not my mother! –get in the. | – 那个女人不是我老妈 – 进去 |
[14:13] | get your hands off me! | 把爪子拿开! |
[14:17] | get in! | 进去! |
[14:18] | you can’t do this! | 你不能这么做! |
[14:20] | you son of a bitch! | 混蛋! |
[14:24] | what is with you people? | 你干嘛? |
[14:25] | –say the word,harry! –easy,easy,frenchie. | – 下命令 Harry – 别 别 Frenchie |
[14:29] | branching out to kidnapping underage girls,denton? | 居然干起了绑架未成年少女的勾当 Denton? |
[14:31] | stray glee-clubber.what’s on your mind,carl? | 迷途羔羊 你要干嘛 Carl? |
[14:33] | the photos you took are gonna cost me a bundle. | 你拍的那些照片会让我损失一大笔钱 |
[14:36] | well,maybe we can work sosmething out,seeing as how your wife neglected to pay her bill. | 既然你老婆不乐意付钱 或许我们能解决某些问题 |
[14:40] | what’d you have in mind? | 你想干嘛? |
[14:41] | i see the number 500,and those negatives of you and the steno doing the motel mambo disappear. | 500元 你和小蜜在旅馆的底片就消失 |
[14:47] | how do i know i can trust you? | 我怎么知道能相信你? |
[14:49] | oh,you don’t. | 哦 你不信 |
[14:50] | my advice? | 听听我的建议? |
[14:51] | patch things up with the missus. | 和太太复合 |
[14:52] | it’s cheaper in the long run. | 从长远来看很合算 |
[14:54] | yeah,i’m starting to see that. | 没错 我开始明白啦 |
[14:58] | –$400. -600 | – 400美元 |
[15:00] | all right,all right,$500. | 好吧 好吧 500块 |
[15:01] | frenchie,release mr.welter. | Frenchie 放开Welter先生 |
[15:04] | bunny’s keys ought to be in that bag. | Bunny的钥匙应该在那个包里 |
[15:08] | take her to mexico. | 带她去墨西哥 |
[15:10] | a couple of margaritas,a little nude snorkeling,a tennis bracelet,she’ll forgive you. | 来两杯玛格丽特 再来场裸体潜水 打一场网球 她会原谅你的 |
[15:22] | the son of a bitch was right about mexico. | 那混蛋说中了墨西哥的事 |
[15:24] | ‘course,she ran off with a shoe salesman a couple of years later. | 几年后她和一个卖鞋的跑了 |
[15:27] | describe the girl you saw harry with. | 说说和Harry一起的那个女孩 |
[15:29] | blonde,she was real pretty. | 金发 真得很漂亮 |
[15:31] | she wasn’t too happy about being put in that trunk. | 她可不乐意被塞到后备箱里 |
[15:34] | yeah,that looks like her. | 没错 看起来就是她 |
[15:37] | could have done something about it. | 本可以做点什么的 |
[15:38] | and have harry’s pet gorilla twist my head off? | 然后让Harry的宠物猩猩扭断我脖子? |
[15:41] | remember when this was? | 记得是什么时候的事吗? |
[15:42] | let’s see. | 让我想想 |
[15:43] | the wife and i left for puerto vallarta the very next day for cinco de mayo,so it was may 4. | 我和老婆在墨西哥五月五日节的次日 前往巴亚尔塔港 那就是5月4日的事 |
[15:56] | looks like someone had a little irish breakfast. | 看起来某人吃了点爱尔兰早餐 |
[15:58] | oh,my. | 哦 不是我 |
[16:02] | i hear moe kitchener got picked up for dui last night. | 我听说Moe Kitchener昨晚因酒后驾驶被捕 |
[16:06] | imagine that. | 可以想象 |
[16:10] | spoke to my buddy in vice. | 和负责的兄弟谈了谈 |
[16:12] | he said harry’s whole unit was on the take. | 他说Harry所在的整个部门都受贿 |
[16:14] | captain hung ’em out to dry when they opened up a corruption probe. | 开始腐败调查后队长把他们都供出来 |
[16:18] | the captain was probably taking more money than all of them. | 队长拿的钱可能比他们所有人都多 |
[16:20] | probably why harry clocked him. | 多半这就是Harry揍他的理由 |
[16:22] | i pulled the accident report on bunny. | 我拿到了Bunny的车祸报告 |
[16:26] | “lost control of the car around a curve. | “汽车在一个拐弯处失去控制” |
[16:29] | hit a tree and burst into flames. | 撞到树上着火了 |
[16:31] | ” problem is,welter says he saw harry with bunny two days before the accident. | 问题是 Welter说在事故前2天 他看到Harry和Bunny在一起 |
[16:35] | with this french character. | 还有那个French |
[16:37] | some pet gorilla.katz says they never contacted him,though. | 宠物猩猩 而Katz说他们没和他联系 |
[16:40] | so,lana thinks harry helped french dodge a manslaughter charge. | Lana认为Harry帮French避免了 一项非预谋杀人指控 |
[16:45] | ran the name alias.came up vapors. | 搜索了一下名字及化名 毫无线索 |
[16:48] | well,figure harry and french were scheming to shake down caroline hargreave. | 也许Harry和French图谋勒索Caroline Hargreave |
[17:04] | it’s a pity they don’t last longer. | 很可惜它们撑不了太久 |
[17:06] | spoke to your lawyer. | 和你的律师谈过 |
[17:08] | he told me. | 告诉我了 |
[17:09] | this whole thing brings up terrible memories. | 整个事情带来的就是糟糕的回忆 |
[17:12] | about your stepdaughter bunny? | 继女Bunny的? |
[17:13] | yes. | 是的 |
[17:14] | we got along just fine until stan died. | Stan死后我们处得还不错 |
[17:17] | rush: that when she took off? | 那时候她出走的? |
[17:18] | she was very emotional girl. | 她是个非常容易激动的姑娘 |
[17:20] | had a history of it on her mother’s side of the family. | 他母亲家族的人都是这样 |
[17:22] | tried everything i could to help her. | 我尽所能帮助她 |
[17:25] | including hiring a private investigator. | 包括雇私人侦探 |
[17:27] | oh,mr.denton– he was my lawyer’s idea. | 哦 Denton先生 是我律师的主意 |
[17:30] | i never trusted that man. | 我从不相信那个人 |
[17:32] | like try and shake you down? | 试图勒索你? |
[17:33] | the night before the accident, | 事故的前一晚 |
[17:35] | he came over here and gave me some cock-and-bull story about needing more money. | 他来过这里 编了一个荒唐故事要钱 |
[17:47] | looks painful. | 看来很疼啊 |
[17:48] | makes them easier to handle. | 能让他们更好采摘 |
[17:50] | see? | 看到没? |
[17:52] | that’s a dragon’s eye. | 龙之眼 |
[17:53] | this one here’s an american beauty. | 这里叫”红蔷薇” |
[17:56] | how about that? | 那个呢? |
[17:58] | wilson said you had news to report. | Wilson说你有消息报告 |
[18:00] | have you located bunny? | 你找到Bunny没? |
[18:02] | not exactly. | 确切说 没有 |
[18:04] | the investigation’s hit a couple of snags. | 调查碰到了些钉子 |
[18:08] | you need more money,mr.denton? | 你需要更多的钱 Denton先生? |
[18:11] | well,there is a direct correlation between results and money especially with these recovecbrys jobs. | 结果和金钱直接挂钩 尤其是寻人工作 |
[18:16] | very well. | 很好 |
[18:17] | i’ll have wilson advance you more funds. | 我会让Wilson预付你更多的钱 |
[18:22] | what do you call this? | 这个叫什么? |
[18:26] | –primrose. –ah,primrose. | – 樱花草 – 哦 樱花草 |
[18:30] | i can’t have bunny running wild,to god knows what sort of dangers. | 我不能让Bunny在外面乱来 老天知道会有什么乱子 |
[18:38] | i expect results,mr. denton. | 我在等待结果 Denton先生 |
[18:40] | oh,i’m onto something all right. | 我正朝正确的方向调查呢 |
[18:54] | i knew right then he was up to something. | 那时我就知道他在谋划事情 |
[18:56] | was he after money or gardening tips? | 要钱还是种花贴士? |
[18:59] | i knew he had bunny. | 我知道他找到了Bunny |
[19:01] | you should have gone to the police. | 你应该叫警察 |
[19:03] | yeah,a lot of things i should have done. | 没错 我本应该做很多事情 |
[19:05] | instead,i hired his assistant,had her check up on him. | 相反 我雇了他的助手 让她调查他 |
[19:09] | –lana. -yes | – 是的 |
[19:10] | she agreed to help me for a price,of course. | 她答应帮助我 当然是有偿的 |
[19:14] | but the next night i got the call about the accident. | 但第二天晚上我就接到了出事电话 |
[19:18] | i blame myself. | 怪我自己 |
[19:21] | i should have just let her go. | 应该由她去的 |
[19:31] | left a few things out,lana. | 漏了些事情 Lana |
[19:33] | caroline hargreave hired you to check on harry. | Caroline Hargreave雇你调查Harry |
[19:37] | she wanted her daughter back. | 她想要回他女儿 |
[19:38] | so you double-crossed harry. | 那你就是双面间谍 |
[19:40] | she called me and asked me to check on him. | 她打电话给我 让我调查他 |
[19:42] | she no longer trusted harry. | 她不再信任Harry |
[19:45] | what about you? | 你呢? |
[19:46] | i figured harry and french were cooking up some scheme. | 我发觉Harry和French在密谋一个计划 |
[19:58] | *well,i don’t know why i came here tonight i got the feeling that something ain’t right* | |
[20:05] | *i’m so scared in case i fall off my chair and i’m wondering* | |
[20:13] | i figured she’d send somebody,but i didn’t think it’d be you. | 我知道她会派人来 但没想到是你 |
[20:16] | well,what do you think,harry? | 你想怎么样 Harry? |
[20:17] | she wants her daughter back. | 她想要回女儿 |
[20:20] | i bet she does. | 她的确想 |
[20:21] | tell her i’m off the case. | 告诉她我不管这个案子了 |
[20:23] | what’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[20:24] | how much she paying you? | 她付你多钱? |
[20:27] | enough to open my own agency. | 足够我开自己的办事处 |
[20:30] | it’s always the pretty ones you don’t see coming. | 总有天上掉馅饼的美事 |
[20:33] | french!stop her! | French!拦住她! |
[20:36] | come on.she’s gonna get away! | 快点 她要跑! |
[20:40] | hurry,get in! | 快 上车 |
[20:57] | oh,my god,stop the car,harry! | 哦 天 停车 Harry! |
[21:12] | bunny. | |
[21:19] | harry told me to get the hell out of there and keep my mouth shut. | Harry让我滚出那里 并且闭嘴 |
[21:23] | he was still looking out for you even though you betrayed him. | 即使你背叛了他 他还是在照顾你 |
[21:27] | i still think about him all the time. | 我一直在想念他 |
[21:31] | that the last time you saw harry? | 那是你最后一次见Harry? |
[21:32] | came back to the office to apologize,and french was there. | 我回到办公室道歉 French也在那里 |
[21:35] | cleaning out the safe? | 清空保险箱吗? |
[21:36] | put a gun in my face and told me to keep my mouth shut. | 拿枪指着我的脸 让我乖乖闭嘴 |
[21:50] | what the hell? | 搞什么? |
[21:52] | can’t you see i’m taking a table nap? | 没看见我在小憩吗? |
[21:54] | been a lot of those lately. | 最近总这样 |
[21:56] | what do you got? | 有什么发现? |
[21:57] | some other case.don’t worry about it. | 是别的案子 别管它 |
[22:04] | um,french’s real name is chuck jaworski. | 嗯 French的真名叫Chuck Jaworski |
[22:08] | did a stint in graterford for extortion,resisting arrest,assault. | 因敲诈 拒捕 袭击在Graterford服过刑 |
[22:12] | old school bad-ass. | 老派坏蛋 |
[22:14] | harry helped him dodge a manslaughter charge. | Harry帮他洗脱了非预谋杀人的指控 |
[22:16] | did some pro bono snooping for french’s defense lawyer. | 为French的辩护律师免费调查 |
[22:20] | good guy to have in your debt. | 放人情债的最佳人选 |
[22:22] | you check on that address tinicum lana gave us? | 你查了Tinicum Lana给我们的地址? |
[22:23] | yeah,a lot of mice and daddy longlegs,but no french. | 嗯 很多蜘蛛和老鼠 却没French |
[22:27] | put word out to the local watering holes a neighbor said he frequents. | 问了下当地酒吧 有邻居说他是常客 |
[22:30] | –got his info out to patrol. –he turns up,i’m on it. | – 从巡警那得到他的信息 – 他常出现 |
[22:33] | now,if you don’t mind. | 现在 如果你不介意的话 |
[22:46] | detective rush. | Rush警探 |
[22:51] | see you found some good company. | 看来你在这里找到了些好伙伴 |
[22:53] | dui checkpoint popped up right outside my favorite watering hole.cbs imagine that. | 想象一下 巡警的酒精测试突然出现在 我最爱的酒吧旁 |
[22:57] | a good thing,getting folks like you off the street. | 把你这样的人逮起来 是件好事 |
[23:00] | i’ll make bail. | 我会申请保释 |
[23:02] | thought you already got out on bail. | 还以为你已经不用保释了 |
[23:04] | sure a philly judge will think twice. | 费城法官肯定会再三考虑 |
[23:08] | this is harassment. | 这是骚扰罪 |
[23:10] | place you’re gonna end up once your lawyers run out of motions to file is a whole lot worse than this. | 一旦你的律师申请完所有能用的动议 就会送你去一个比这更糟的地方 |
[23:16] | the least i can do is get you out of the tank and into a cell. | 至少我能把你从车里捞出来 送进监狱 |
[23:20] | comes with a cell mate,though. | 不过还有个狱友 |
[23:24] | not a bad guy. | 不是个坏人 |
[23:26] | as long as he’s on his meds. | 只要他在服药期间就行 |
[23:30] | see that mr.kitchener and tiko get acquainted. | 让Kitchener先生认识认识Tiko |
[23:41] | what have been up to? | 到底怎么搞的? |
[23:42] | not hungry. | 我还不饿 |
[23:47] | she told you,huh? | 她告诉你了? |
[23:51] | you could’ve told me earlier | 你应该早点告诉我 |
[23:54] | you know.well,she asked me not to. | 你知道 她让我不要说 |
[23:57] | that’s it,then. | 就这样 然后呢 |
[23:58] | what? | 怎么? |
[23:59] | it’s over.we want this all behind us. | 这事结束了 我们不想再提了 |
[24:02] | so drop it. | 别管了 |
[24:04] | drop it? | 不管? |
[24:06] | pop,ma was robbed. | 爸爸 妈妈被抢了 |
[24:08] | knocked to the ground. | 跌倒在地上 |
[24:09] | this is what your mother wants. | 这是你妈妈的想法 |
[24:11] | yeah,but,well,i want to make sure this guy doesn’t do it again. | 好 但我要确定那家伙以后不会再犯 |
[24:14] | olvidate. | 算了吧 |
[24:16] | -we canceled the cards and the money doesn’t matter. -i know.pop | – 我们取消了卡 钱不重要 – 我知道 爸爸 |
[24:18] | pop,you asked me to look into this. | 爸爸 是你让我查下 |
[24:19] | i’m gonna find him. | 我会找到他 |
[24:23] | you do what you have to do. | 你做你该做的 |
[24:24] | as far as your mother’s concerned,it’s over. | 就你妈妈所关心的 这事完了 |
[24:28] | podemos comer ahora? | 现在我们可以吃饭了吗? |
[24:53] | don’t you come in pairs? | 你不和搭档一起来? |
[24:55] | not today. | 今天没有 |
[24:59] | what are you,buying next round? | 你谁 请我喝下一杯吗? |
[25:01] | maybe after you come down to the station and answer a few questions about harry denton. | 等你到警局回答几个关于Harry Denton问题后 也许可以 |
[25:06] | like hell i am. | 我会拼命 |
[25:08] | sure you want to ph@ush this,gramps? | 老爷爷 你真想动手? |
[25:14] | not the first cop i mopped the floor with. | 我又不是第一次打倒警察 |
[25:16] | go ahead.take your best shot.i’ll live. | 来 使出你最好的功夫来 我没事的 |
[25:20] | but you’ll be picking your dentures off the floor when i’m finished. | 但我会让你满地找假牙 |
[25:30] | that some kind of asian move? | 那是什么亚洲功夫吗? |
[25:31] | now,we can do this all over downtown,or we can just call it a mulligan. | 我们可以回市中心谈 或可以重新谈谈 |
[25:37] | ah,hell.mulligan. | 哦 见鬼 重新谈 |
[25:44] | so,what were you and denton doing with bunny hargreave? | 你和Denton与Bunny Hargreave有什么关系? |
[25:48] | i promised harry i’d keep my trap shut. | 我答应过Harry保密的 |
[25:51] | harry’s dead. | harry死了 |
[25:52] | somebody shot him. | 有人开枪杀了他 |
[25:54] | well,at least he’s got an excuse how come he don’t call me up no more. | 哦 那他至少有借口 为什么再也没打电话给我 |
[25:58] | lana said she caught you trying to break into his safe. | Lana说她抓到你要打开他的保险箱 |
[26:00] | yeah,okay,i might have done something like that,but i didn’t kill harry. | 也许我做过这样的事 但我绝不会杀Harry |
[26:04] | i owe that guy my life. | 我欠他一条命 |
[26:05] | so what were you guys trying to do? | 那你们到底想干什么? |
[26:07] | shake down caroline hargreave? | 勒索Caroline Hargreave? |
[26:09] | the rich broad? | 那个有钱的女人? |
[26:11] | he had her daughter stashed in your safe house. | 他把她女儿藏在你的安全屋里 |
[26:14] | harry was trying to protect that girl. | Harry想要保护那女孩 |
[26:16] | from what? | 为什么? |
[26:17] | beats me.i mean,i don’t understand the ins and outs or what have you. | 难倒我了 我是说我不明白前因后果 你知道些什么 |
[26:21] | i just did what harry told me to do. | 我只是照Harry说的做 |
[26:33] | you followed? | 有没人跟踪你? |
[26:35] | went through precautions,all right?did like you said. | 我非常小心 好吧? 都照你说的办 |
[26:37] | you have any problems? | 你还有什么问题? |
[26:38] | just lana. | 只有Lana |
[26:39] | she suspect anything? | 她怀疑什么没? |
[26:40] | nope.if she did,i scared her good. | 没 如果她有 也被我吓到了 |
[26:43] | look,here. | 你看 |
[26:46] | i need you to make sure that your buddy at the morgue keeps his trap shut about that loaner. | 我要你保证你太平间的朋友 对那个替身的事守口如瓶 |
[26:53] | something wrong? | 有什么问题吗? |
[26:55] | what kind of job is this? | 这究竟是什么活? |
[26:59] | the kind that could get us both locked up. | 能让我们进大牢的活 |
[27:03] | i’m trying real hard to do the right thing here,french. | 我拼命努力着做点好事 French |
[27:07] | you’re getting soft,harry. | 你变得心软了 Harry |
[27:08] | shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[27:11] | all right. | 好吧 |
[27:12] | i need you to go see frank bandini,tell him we need a full kit | 你去找Frank Bandini 告诉他我们要… |
[27:16] | i.d.passport,birth certificate,the whole deal. | 全套证件 身份证 护照 出生证明 |
[27:19] | we’re gonna need a name. | 我们还需要个名字 |
[27:24] | we need a name. | 我们要个名字 |
[27:29] | for what? | 干什么用的? |
[27:31] | your new life. | 你的新生活 |
[27:35] | clara. | |
[27:37] | clara dunaway. | |
[27:46] | only me,you and dead harry know she’s alive. | 只有你 我 死去的Harry知道她活着 |
[27:50] | whose body was in the wreck? | 遇难的尸体是谁的? |
[27:51] | some jane doe i borrowed from the morgue. | 我从停尸房借来的无名氏 |
[27:54] | why’d harry flip the script? | Harry为什么不照章出牌? |
[27:57] | asked him the same. | 我也问过他 |
[27:58] | said he was trying to make things right. | 他说他想做正确的事 |
[28:02] | so where’s bunny now? | 那Bunny现在在哪? |
[28:04] | where else nobody gonna look for you? | 还有什么地方没人找你? |
[28:06] | pine barrens,new jersey. | 新泽西的松树脊地 |
[28:16] | bunny hargreave? | |
[28:22] | haven’t heard that name in 35 years. | 有35年没听到这个名字了 |
[28:33] | how did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的? |
[28:34] | spoke to french. | 问了French |
[28:36] | now,did you know harry was dead? | 你知道Harry死了吗? |
[28:38] | i knew something bad had happened when he didn’t come back. | 当他一去不返时我就知道他发生了不测 |
[28:41] | hoping you can fill us in on that. | 希望你能告诉我们怎么回事 |
[28:45] | why didn’t harry take you back home? | Harry为什么不带你回家? |
[28:48] | take it you met my stepmother. | 你肯定见过我的继母了 |
[28:50] | she thought you died in that wreck. | 她以为你遇难了 |
[28:52] | sure she put on quite a show for you. | 她肯定在你面前演了出好戏 |
[28:54] | she hired harry to find you. | 她雇Harry来找你 |
[28:56] | yeah,so she could ship me off to oakdale. | 是的 这样她可以送我去橡树谷 |
[28:59] | place wasn’t a summer camp. | 那地方可不是夏令营 |
[29:01] | unless you count drug therapy or electric shock as activities. | 除非你觉得药物治疗和电击是好运动 |
[29:04] | why would caroline send you to a place like that? | Caroline为什么要把你送那? |
[29:07] | she wanted to keep me quiet. | 她想让我保持沉默 |
[29:09] | about what? | 关于什么事? |
[29:13] | how she killed my father. | 她是怎么杀死我爸爸的 |
[29:20] | what if she finds me? | 她找到我怎么办? |
[29:22] | she can’t. | 她不会的 |
[29:25] | you’re dead,remember? | 你死了 记得吗? |
[29:30] | your new i.d. | 你的新身份 |
[29:33] | i never want to see her again. | 我再也不想见到她了 |
[29:35] | well,next time you do see her,it’ll be in a court. | 下次你见到她 肯定是在法庭上 |
[29:39] | i have proof that your stepmother poisoned your father. | 我有证据证明你继母毒死了你父亲 |
[29:46] | found this in her greenhouse. | 在她温室找到这个 |
[29:48] | is this what you saw her give him? | 你看到她给他的是这个? |
[29:51] | yes. | 是的 |
[29:53] | he had a cough,so she made him some of her special soup. | 他咳嗽 所以她给他做了种特别的汤 |
[29:56] | what is it? | 这是什么? |
[29:58] | foxglove. | 毛地黄 |
[29:59] | deadly poisonous and can cause a heart attack. | 有巨毒 还可以引发心脏病 |
[30:02] | your stepmom told him it was primrose. | 你继母告诉他这是樱草花 |
[30:05] | so i wasn’t imaging things. | 所以不是我在臆想 |
[30:07] | nope. | 是啊 |
[30:08] | of course we can’t prove any of this,’cause she went and had the body cremated. | 当然我们无法证明 她火化了尸体 |
[30:12] | will she get away with this? | 她会不会逃脱? |
[30:14] | don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[30:15] | old harry’s still got a few tricks up his sleeve. | 老Harry还是有些手段的 |
[30:18] | why are you helping me? | 你为什么帮我? |
[30:22] | you could’ve just taken me back to her,and no one would’ve ever known what she did. | 你本可以把我带给她 这样没人知道她做了些什么 |
[30:29] | i don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:32] | guess i got sick of people expecting the worst of me. | 我想是因为我受够了 人们总是把我想得很坏 |
[30:36] | she’ll try to ruin you. | 她会毁了你 |
[30:40] | little late for that. | 现在想这个有点晚了 |
[30:42] | might find this hard to believe,but i used to be a cop. | 也许你很难相信 但我以前是个警察 |
[30:45] | you must have been a good cop. | 你肯定是个好警察 |
[30:48] | i had my moments. | 我也有光辉岁月 |
[30:51] | got caught up in some stuff i shouldn’t have been. | 陷入了些本不该发生的麻烦事 |
[30:54] | one thing leads to another and. | 一次又一次 |
[30:57] | next thing i know i’m “anything for a buck” harry. | 后来 我就知道我是 “为钱能做任何事”的Harry |
[31:00] | took the money,did the job,didn’t ask questions. | 收钱 办事 绝不多问 |
[31:03] | didn’t matter what side i was on. | 也不在乎我是站哪边 |
[31:06] | hell,i figured everybody was guilty of something,so why not make a buck off it? | 我想人谁无过 何必跟钱过不去? |
[31:11] | but you’re helping me. | 但你帮了我 |
[31:16] | got to admit,it feels pretty good. | 不得不承认 这样感觉挺好 |
[31:28] | harry was the only one who believed me. | Harry是唯一相信我的人 |
[31:30] | about caroline killing your father. | 他相信是Caroline杀了你父亲 |
[31:32] | he said it wasn’t the first time that she poisoned somebody. | 他说这不是她第一次下毒害人 |
[31:34] | said she’d killed her first husband and that he had proof. | 说她杀了第一任丈夫 他有证据 |
[31:37] | now,harry go to confront her? | Harry和她当面对质? |
[31:40] | i figured she got to him like she did to anybody who got in her way. | 我想她肯定像处理其他挡她道的人那样 把他干掉了 |
[31:43] | when harry didn’t come back,french took me to jersey. | Harry当时没回来 French带我来新泽西 |
[31:47] | stanley hargreave died of a heart attack in april 1974. | Stanley Hargreave于1974年4月死于心脏病 |
[31:51] | a fit with poisoning? | 症状和中毒一样? |
[31:52] | the m.e. said that foxglove combined with an already weak heart will result in a heart attack. | 法医说毛地黄加上本身脆弱的心脏 会导致心脏病 |
[31:57] | they didn’t catch it back in the day. | 但那时候他们没办法抢救回来 |
[31:58] | stanley was 58 years old,had a history of heart trouble. | stanley 58岁 有心脏病史 |
[32:02] | i mean,there’s no way of saying for sure unless we have a body. | 除非我们有尸体 不然没法证实 |
[32:07] | oh,she’s come a long way. | 她经历很复杂嘛 |
[32:10] | well,you cleaned up pretty good,mandy. | 你清理的相当不错 Mandy |
[32:13] | excuse me? | 什么? |
[32:15] | a solicitation charge in tulsa. | 在Tulsa被控引诱(卖淫)罪 |
[32:18] | everyone has something in their past that they’re ashamed of. | 每个人都有引以为耻的污点 |
[32:21] | well,little more than a few misdemeanors and a change of name. | 只是比行为不当 改名更严重些而已 |
[32:25] | i’m no longer that person. | 我改头换面了 |
[32:27] | moved on. | 进步了 |
[32:29] | you killed your way out of white trash. | 你杀出了条血路 再也不是贫苦白人 |
[32:31] | what are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[32:33] | ever been married before? | 以前结过婚? |
[32:35] | i think you know of my marriage previous to stan. | 我想你知道我和Stan前的婚史 |
[32:38] | well,stan wasn’t the first husband to die on you. | Stan也不是第一个死在你手上的丈夫 |
[32:42] | uh,insurance claim for melvin grover. | Melvin Grove的保险索赔 |
[32:47] | autopsy report said he died of food poisoning in ’64. | 尸检报告说他在1964年死于食物中毒 |
[32:53] | one was a heart attack,the other an unfortunate accident. | 一个是心脏病 另一个是不幸意外 |
[32:56] | unfortunate only that harry figured out that you’d poisoned before. | 唯一不幸的是Harry查出你以前也下过毒 |
[33:01] | is that what this is all about,me outliving my husbands? | 就是因为我比我的丈夫们活得长? |
[33:05] | it happens all the time. | 这事常有 |
[33:07] | men are the weaker of the species. | 男人是弱势种族 |
[33:09] | genetics had nothing to do with why you outlived them. | 你为何比他们活得久 这和基因无关 |
[33:12] | i wouldn’t know anything about that. | 我不知道为什么 |
[33:13] | harry did. | Harry知道 |
[33:15] | just like he knew why you wanted bunny back so bad. | 就好象他知道你为什么 这么希望Bunny回来 |
[33:19] | i wanted to help her. | 我想帮她 我试着去帮助她 |
[33:20] | bunny was a mixed-up girl. | Bunny是个糊涂的孩子 |
[33:22] | she seemed pretty clearheaded when i spoke to her. | 她和我说话时 显然思维清楚 |
[33:26] | what are you talking about? | 你在说些什么? |
[33:27] | harry faked bunny’s death. | Harry伪造了Bunny的死 |
[33:29] | that was a jane doe in that car. | 车里当时是个无名女尸 |
[33:33] | is this some kind of game? | 这是玩什么游戏吗? |
[33:41] | bunny knew you poisoned her dad. | Bunny知道你毒死了她的父亲 |
[33:46] | you have no proof of that,detective. | 你没有相关证据 警探 |
[33:48] | harry did. | Harry有 |
[33:50] | and you shot him to silence him. | 所以你开枪杀了他 好让他噤声 |
[33:53] | why would i do that?hiring mr.denton was my lawyer’s idea. | 为什么我要那么做? 聘请Denton先生是我律师的主意 |
[33:56] | –wilson katz? –yes | – 是的 |
[33:59] | and harry never contacted you after the “accident,” right? | “车祸”之后Harry再也没有联系过你 对吧? |
[34:02] | i was busy arranging bunny’s funeral. | 我当时忙着筹备Bunny的葬礼 |
[34:05] | i let wilson deal with everything. | 我让Wilson处理一切事务 |
[34:07] | he had power of attorney over my affairs. | 他是我法律上的代理人 |
[34:09] | of course he did. | 当然是他 |
[34:11] | wilson said he would take care of it,and i took him at his word. | Wilson说了他会搞定一切 我也相信了他的话 |
[34:17] | sit down. | 坐下 |
[34:19] | you’re not going anywhere. | 你哪里也去不了 |
[34:27] | i’d like to speak to my lawyer. | 我想见我的律师 |
[34:30] | well,he’s in the next room getting ready to flip on you. | 他就在隔壁 等着揭发你 |
[34:32] | oh,i doubt that very much. | 哦 我不那么认为 |
[34:36] | that’s one cold bitch. | 真是个冷血的女人 |
[34:39] | tracked down the brother of caroline’s first husband. | 追踪到Caroline第一任丈夫的兄弟 |
[34:42] | says a lawyer contacted him june of ’74. | 说有个律师在1974年6月联系过他 |
[34:44] | his name’s on the exhumation report. | 他的名字在尸体挖掘报告上 |
[34:46] | wilson katz. | |
[34:48] | maybe that’s the proof harry was talking about. | 或许那就是Harry所说的证据 |
[34:55] | counselor. | 律师 |
[34:57] | i’d like to speak with my client,caroline hargreave. | 我要见我的客户Caroline Hargreave |
[35:00] | she has a right to legal counsel. | 她有权请律师 |
[35:02] | well,you might want to consider some for yourself. | 或许你要为自己多考虑了 |
[35:05] | what would you like to know,detective? | 你想知道什么 警探? |
[35:08] | remember melvin? | 记得Melvin吗? |
[35:10] | who? | 谁? |
[35:11] | the first husband of mandy mae smith. | Mandy Mae Smith的第一个丈夫 |
[35:16] | that’s your signature on the exhumation request. | 在尸体挖掘报告上是你的签名 |
[35:20] | i was acting on behalf of caroline hargreave. | 我代表Caroline Hargreave做事 |
[35:23] | oh,just loyal that way? | 哦 那么忠诚? |
[35:25] | digging up her dead ex-husband,or.something else? | 挖出她死去的前夫 还有什么事? |
[35:31] | i know how this game is played,detective. | 我知道这游戏怎么玩 警探 |
[35:33] | been at it since before you were born. | 在你没出生时就会了 |
[35:37] | you had caroline’s first husband cremated a week after harry was killed. | 你在Harry被杀一星期后 就把Caroline第一任丈夫火化了 |
[35:41] | i had power of attorney over her affairs. | 我是她委任的 |
[35:43] | and power to get rid of that body,too. | 还有灭尸的权力 |
[35:45] | you met with harry after the accident. | 你在车祸后见了Harry一面 |
[35:47] | i figure he pointed out caroline’s habit of offing her husbands. | 我猜他挑明了Caroline有除去老公的习惯 |
[35:51] | i already told you i met with harry– to pay him. | 我早就告诉你了 我见Harry–是付他钱 |
[35:54] | that was before we figured out harry had bunny. | 那是在我们得知Harry找到Bunny之前 |
[35:58] | if that’s all you have,detective,i’ll take my chances in court. | 如果你只有这几手 我们法庭上见 |
[36:01] | it’s not. | 没完呢 |
[36:04] | we spoke to the owner of the building you buried harry in. | 我们和埋有Harry大楼的楼主谈过了 |
[36:07] | you put in a bid to buy it. | 你出价购买了它 |
[36:09] | you were outbid by. | 你出了高价 |
[36:11] | ten grand. | 一万元 |
[36:13] | you cheap bastard. | 你个无耻的人 |
[36:17] | i know this looks bad. | 我知道这看起来很糟糕 |
[36:18] | eh,save it for the jury. | 留着和陪审团说吧 |
[36:19] | tell them how she put you up to it. | 告诉他们她是如何指使你的 |
[36:21] | i was her attorney– it was my job to protect her. | 我是她的律师- 保护她是我的职责 |
[36:25] | yeah,but you were harry’s buddy. | 是啊 可你是Harry的弟兄 |
[36:27] | at least hethought so. | 至少他是这么认为的 |
[36:31] | if only harry had just done his job. | 如果Harry有把他活干好的话 |
[36:34] | what job was that? | 什么活? |
[36:38] | bring bunny back so caroline could silence her? | 把Bunny带回来好让Caroline让她闭嘴? |
[36:45] | harry tried to tell me,and i. | Harry试着说服我 但我 |
[36:49] | wouldn’t listen. | 不愿去听 |
[36:51] | to tell you what? | 告诉你什么? |
[36:53] | what caroline was up to? | Caroline干了什么? |
[36:57] | look,she’s in that room throwing you under the bus. | 她就在隔壁等着牺牲你 |
[37:02] | you don’t think i know that? | 你认为我不知道吗? |
[37:05] | she set the whole thing up that way. | 她设计了所有的事 |
[37:08] | then don’t let her walk for what she did to harry. | 那就别让她逃过对Harry所做的事负责 |
[37:12] | give me something. | 告诉我线索 |
[37:13] | she was smarter than me. | 她比我聪明 |
[37:16] | smarter than stan. | 比Stan聪明 |
[37:19] | even you,detective. | 甚至是你 警探 |
[37:22] | what does she have over you? | 她怎么控制你的? |
[37:25] | ’cause she’s.playing you for a sucker. | 因为她把你当一个傻子玩耍 |
[37:28] | even now. | 就算现在也是 |
[37:33] | she was so beautiful. | 她好美 |
[37:38] | you just wanted to make things right for her. | 我忍不住为她鞍前马后 |
[37:52] | what’s this about,harry? | 有什么事 Harry? |
[37:53] | i figured i’d give you a chance to get in front of this. | 我觉得我能尽早给你个机会 |
[37:56] | what are you talking about?it’s over. | 你在说些什么呢? 一切都结束了 |
[37:58] | bunny’s dead.your services are no longer need. | Bunny死了 不需要你效力了 |
[38:04] | i figured out why she wanted bunny back so bad. | 我想通了为什么她这么着急让Bunny回来 |
[38:06] | whatever bunny said to you,it’s not true. | 不管Bunny告诉过你什么 那不是真的 |
[38:09] | caroline killed her husband,wilson. | Caroline杀了她丈夫 Wilson |
[38:11] | now,i’m guessing she had a couple of million reasons to do it,but it’s still murder. | 我猜想她有百万个理由去那么做 但那仍是一起谋杀 |
[38:15] | have you been drinking,harry? | 你喝多了吗 Harry? |
[38:16] | she fed him poison,made it look like a heart attack. | 她下了毒 使表面上看来是心脏病发 |
[38:20] | you have no proof of that. | 你没有证据 |
[38:22] | oh,i have proof. | 不 我有的 |
[38:24] | and bunny saw her do it. | 还有Bunny目击了一切 |
[38:26] | bunny’s dead. | Bunny死了 |
[38:28] | it’s a real tragedy. | 是很惨 |
[38:30] | But it’s over. | 但都结束了 |
[38:31] | It’s not over. | 没有结束 我 |
[38:34] | i… | |
[38:39] | Dragon’s eye. | 这是龙之眼 |
[38:41] | It’s just roses. | 就是玫瑰而已 (正确说是月季 编剧搞错了^_~) |
[38:43] | Guy like you ain’t buying fresh roses,wilson. | 你这样的家伙不会去买玫瑰 她怎么你了? |
[38:45] | What’d she do,wink at you or something? | |
[38:47] | no. | 不 |
[38:50] | It’s more than that. | 比那更进一步 |
[38:54] | Oh,you stupid son of a bitch,you love her,don’t you? | 你个白痴 你爱上她了 是吧? |
[38:57] | Why,she’s got you all turned around,hasn’t she? | 她把你甩得团团转 是吧? |
[39:00] | Now,I strongly advise you to walk out that door,harry, | 我强烈建议你离开这里 忘了这一切 Harry |
[39:02] | and forget all about this. | |
[39:04] | She’s done it before,wilson. | 她以前也那么干过 |
[39:07] | Next time you’re giving her a foot rub, | 下一次你为她按摩脚丫子时 问问她关于第一任丈夫的事 |
[39:09] | ask her about her first husband. | |
[39:12] | Yeah. Didn’t know about that one,huh? | 不知道了吧 他叫Melvin Grover |
[39:14] | Name’s melvin grover. | |
[39:16] | Married him back when she was mandy mae smith. | 结婚时她的名字是Mandy Mae Smith |
[39:19] | W – well,you’ve concocted a hell of a story. | 呃 你在胡编乱造故事啊 |
[39:21] | It’s not a story. | 那不是一个故事 |
[39:24] | And I’m not letting this get swept under the rug. | 我不会让这事就这么算了的 |
[39:26] | That never stopped you before. | 你以前可不是这样的 |
[39:28] | Listen,you dumb bastard,get away from this. | 听着 你这笨蛋 别管这一切 离得越远越好 |
[39:30] | Get as far away as you can! | |
[39:33] | I’m going to the police. | – 我要去警局了 – 等等 |
[39:34] | Wait,wait,wait. | |
[39:37] | What’s it gonna cost for you to forget this nonsense,huh? | 花多少钱能让你忘了这一切 |
[39:41] | Ten thousand? | 一万 |
[39:46] | Twenty? | 两万 |
[39:48] | I’m not that guy anymore. | 我不是以前的我了 |
[39:50] | Just take the money,harry. | 拿着钱就对了 |
[39:57] | Now,that’s the harry I know. | 那才是我所认识的Harry |
[40:03] | I’m going to the police. | 我去警局了 |
[40:05] | With what? A couple of names? | 你有什么呢? 几个名字 一个死去女孩的胡话 收了钱 |
[40:08] | The rantings of a dead girl? | |
[40:10] | Take the money,harry. | |
[40:13] | Not this time. | 这次不会了 站住 别动 |
[40:16] | Stop right there. | |
[40:22] | You ain’t gonna shoot me. | 你不会开枪的 |
[40:25] | You don’t know that. | 那可不清楚 |
[40:36] | Must be one hell of a retainer she’s got you on,wilson. | |
[43:42] | Cold Case Season seven Episode twelve |