时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | ******* | 本剧内容纯属虚构 并无影射任何真人真事 |
[00:03] | (antana’s “Oye Como Va” plays) | |
[00:11] | *** | 1986年 9月1日 |
[00:12] | Oh,God,grant us such health of mind and body, | 主啊 许给我们健全的灵魂和肉体 |
[00:17] | that those evils that we suffer for our sins we may overcome through Thine assistance. | 帮助我们克服那些因罪恶而承受的苦难 |
[00:24] | Let us pray. | 一起祈祷吧 |
[00:26] | Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. | 荣耀归于父及子及圣灵 |
[00:30] | As it was in the beginning,it is now,and ever shall be,world without end. | 恒常如是 从今日到永远 世世无尽 |
[00:35] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[00:51] | Do you hear that,ijo? | 你听见了吗 儿子? |
[00:53] | That is why we do what we do. | 这就是我们干这行的原因 |
[00:55] | I already walked the track,Poppa. | 我已经把赛道走过一遍了 爸爸 |
[00:57] | Just be careful around that clubhouse turn. | 在最后一个拐弯处要当心 |
[00:59] | They should fire that new tractor guy,huh? | 他们应该炒了那个新来的拖拉机手 哈? |
[01:01] | Turn is rockier than my second marriage. | 那个弯比我的第二段婚姻还难啃 |
[01:05] | Just keep him tight on the inside,Poppa,and then give him his head and let him run. | 先让马在栏里绷紧 爸爸 出去后就让它自由飞奔吧 |
[01:10] | You worry too much,Jose. | 你担心得太多了 Jose |
[01:12] | The 37th annual running of the William Penn Million Dollar Derby. | 第37届William Penn公开赛 |
[01:17] | One more,mijo… then I go home to Mexico. | 再比一场 孩子…然后我就回墨西哥老家 |
[01:41] | **** | 我收到你的来电 |
[01:44] | Construction crew doing renovations at the Franklin racetrack here dug up this old horse grave. | 施工队在翻修Franklin赛马跑道时 挖出了马的坟墓 |
[01:49] | Right here,outside the track? | 就在这里 赛场外面? |
[01:51] | Horse breaks its leg in a race,weight’s too much for it to heal right. | 马匹在比赛中折断了腿 体重太大 难以痊愈 |
[01:55] | They euthanized ’em for humanitarian reasons. | 他们借口人道主义对那些马实施了安乐死 |
[01:57] | Lot of dead horses. | 好多死马 |
[01:59] | Standard procedure back in the day. | 在过去 这是标准流程 |
[02:01] | Nothing standard about these remains. | 这些残骸可没有标准 |
[02:03] | M.E. says it’s small for a femur. | 法医认为是小段股骨 |
[02:05] | Adult male,maybe five-two. | 成年男性 大概5尺2寸高 |
[02:08] | Decomposed silks,riding pants,leather boots. | 腐烂的衣服 马裤 皮靴 |
[02:11] | They shoot jockeys back then,too? | 他们在过去也杀死骑师? |
[02:15] | It’s a money clip,initialed “S.S.” | 这是个钱夹 开头写着”S.S.” |
[02:21] | – Maybe a hundred bucks. – I.D.? | – 也许有100元 – 身份证? |
[02:23] | Just a couple old business cards. | 只有一张陈旧的名片 |
[02:26] | Track comp cards for guests and family. | 给亲朋好友用的比赛卡 |
[02:30] | Ten digits.It’s pretty faded. | 十位数 字迹很淡 |
[02:34] | Could be a bank account,phone number. | 可能是个银行账号 或是电话号码 |
[02:38] | Racing silks,boots,all decked out and rarin’ to go. | 比赛服 马靴 一切都整装待发了 |
[02:44] | Someone didn’t want this jockey to make it to the fini l lin | |
[03:15] | COLD CASE Season 7 Episode 06 | |
[03:22] | The money clip belongs to a jockey named Sonny Sandoval. | 钱夹属于一个叫Sonny Sandoval的骑师 |
[03:25] | M.E.’s checking dental to confirm I.D.,said the guy had over 30 healed bone fractures. | 法医查他的牙科记录确认了身份 说他身上有超过30多处骨折愈合 |
[03:31] | Except these. | 除了这里 |
[03:33] | Multiple puncture wounds at the back of the skull. | 在颅骨背部的多处刺伤 |
[03:36] | Got CSU looking into it. | 已经让鉴证科去查了 |
[03:38] | Well,the son,Jose,tried to file a missing persons report back in ’86. | 他儿子Jose 86年递交过失踪人口报告 |
[03:42] | Didn’t fit the criteria. | 没有找到符合特征的 |
[03:43] | He was a legal adult,no sign of foul play,no indication he was in danger. | 他是成年男性 没有肮脏交易的迹象 没有线索提示他身处危险 |
[03:46] | Last seen Labor Day,right after he lost the William Penn Derby Cup. | 最后一次见到他是在劳工节 就在他输了William Penn赛马杯之后 |
[03:50] | Sandoval had lifetime earnings over $3 million,yet his house was about to be foreclosed on. | Sandoval毕生所得超过3百万 但他的房子当时却要被取消赎回权 |
[03:56] | Hmm,bank account statements? | 银行帐户报表? |
[03:57] | Still digging.His bank got bought out twice since ’86. | 正在查 86年后他的账户2次被接手 |
[04:00] | Last one went belly up,taken over by the Feds. | 第一次是因为破产 被FBI接管 |
[04:03] | Well,Jose states that his father might’ve taken a flyer here and there. | Jose声称他父亲可能到处冒险 |
[04:06] | Around all that action,sooner or later you’re gonna shake the baby. | 做了那些事 迟早有一天 你会倒霉 |
[04:10] | – Gambling problem,multiple ex-wives…- Gee,I wonder where the money went. | – 赌博成瘾 众多前妻… – 天啊 我好奇钱都到哪去了 |
[04:14] | Coulda been in deep to somebody.Madeure e heaid up. | 可能被某人缠上了 直到你还清了为止 |
[04:17] | Dug his own grave. | 自掘坟墓 |
[04:18] | You know,for a guy who liked to shoot the works,Sandoval’s record’s clean,not even a parking ticket. | 对于一个为事业不惜一切的人 Sandoval的记录很干净 连停车罚单也没有 |
[04:23] | Yeah,no official record. | 是的 没有正式记录 |
[04:26] | – Sonny “Mil Hombres” Sandoval.- Mil Hombres– “strength of a thousand men?” | – Mil Hombres– “一千个男人的力量?” |
[04:32] | He needed it,keep up with the ladies he was pulling down. | 他需要这个 来临幸他的女人们 |
[04:36] | Sonny was a rock star: women,money,cars. | 那家伙是个巨星 有女人 有钱 有车 |
[04:39] | He got mixed up in any trouble,PPD gave him a pass just like Iverson and Barkley. | 无论惹上什么麻烦 费城警局都高抬贵手 就像对Iverson和Barkley一样 (均为费城76人队巨星) |
[04:44] | Come on! | 得啦! |
[04:45] | Jockeys? | 就骑师而已? |
[04:46] | Those knee knockers gethe ladies? | 那些家伙能赢得女人? |
[04:49] | Hmm,still a man on a horse. | 起码是个骑马的男人 |
[04:50] | Confident,athlete… Winning combo. | 自信满满 身强力壮… 常胜将军 |
[04:55] | I’m saying this town loves a winner. | 我要说这个城市爱的就是赢家 |
[04:57] | Somebody shoot me. | 让我死吧 |
[04:59] | I’ll beat the bushes with the local bookies and loan sharks.See what falls out. | 我去当地赌马经纪人和放高利贷者那里找找 看有什么结果 |
[05:04] | You know,says here it took Jose 30 days to report his father missing. | 这里显示Jose在30天后才报告他父亲失踪 |
[05:08] | He’s still a trainer there. | 他现在仍然是个训马师 |
[05:10] | Let’s hit the track. | 我们去赛场看看吧 |
[05:12] | *** | |
[05:29] | At first I thought he went back to Mexico. | 一开始 我以为他回到了墨西哥 |
[05:32] | When I couldn’t find him I knew something bad had happened to him. | 当我找不到他时 我才意识到发生了不好的事 |
[05:35] | Just didn’t think it happened here. | 但没想到就发生在这里 |
[05:37] | You know anything about that grave,Jose? | 你了解那个坟墓吗 Jose? |
[05:39] | No,just there was a barn back there for the old horses, | 不 只知道过去那里有个安置老马的马棚 |
[05:43] | but Poppa always got the ones on the way up,not the ones on the way out. | 但爸爸总能得到上等货色 而不是淘汰品 |
[05:46] | When’s the last time you saw your old man? | 你最后见他是什么时候? |
[05:47] | When he lost the William Penn Derby in ’86.Really tore him up. | 86年 当他输了William Penn公开赛 那次真的把他摧垮了 |
[05:51] | You two close? | 你们俩关系亲近吗? |
[05:53] | Poppa was my hero. | 爸爸是我的英雄 |
[05:55] | I wanted to be a jockey just like him– but I hit a growth spurt when I was 14. | 我想成为他那样的骑师 但我14岁那年突然长个了 |
[05:59] | Only kid in America upset about it. | 只有美国孩子才会为此不开心 |
[06:02] | So close,yet it took you nearly a month to file a police report. | 关系好 却拖了近1个月才上报警方 |
[06:05] | Look,it wasn’t uncommon for Poppa to take off after a tough loss. | 对我爸而言 重大失利后离开并不奇怪 |
[06:08] | He was always talking about going back to Mexico. | 他一直说着要回去墨西哥 |
[06:12] | Figured he just put himself out to pasture. | 我想着他可能洗手不干了 |
[06:14] | Understand Sonny liked the ponies on and off the track. | 听说他无论赛场内外都爱马匹 |
[06:18] | It’s not worth rehashing. | 没必要老调重弹吧 |
[06:22] | Let’s just say he liked a lot of things that weren’t good for him. | 这样说吧 他喜欢很多对他无益的事 |
[06:25] | Mil Hombres con Mil Vicios. | Mil Hombres和Mil Vicios |
[06:27] | Sorry,man,no hablo espal. | 抱歉 我不说西语 |
[06:30] | Born and raised in Philly. | 从小到大都在费城 |
[06:32] | Me,too. | 我也是 |
[06:33] | Your dad in big to anyone? | 你父亲和谁有深交吗? |
[06:35] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不会知道 |
[06:37] | Poppa kinda told me things on a need to know basis. | 爸爸总是只告诉我需要知道的 |
[06:39] | Anyone else have a beef with your old man? | 有谁和你爸发生过矛盾吗? |
[06:42] | Poppa usually carried the beef. | 爸爸通常不把它们当回事 |
[06:44] | You know,he had a big heart,but people liked to take advantage. | 他心胸开阔 但有人喜欢占他便宜 |
[06:46] | People like who? | 比如说谁? |
[06:48] | Poppa’s bug boy. | 爸爸的跟班 |
[06:50] | I told the cops back in the day,gave that guy everything,did nothing but betray him. | 我以前告诉过警察 爸爸对他毫无保留 他却背叛了爸爸 |
[06:55] | – Bug boy?- He’s a jockey’s apprentice– to your dad? | – 跟班? – 他是学徒–你爸爸的? |
[06:59] | Angelo Rivera,turned out to be a worthless ingrate. | Angelo Rivera 一无是处 忘恩负义的小人 |
[07:03] | – Had to have the guy arrested. – Yeah,for what? | – 应该把那个家伙逮捕 – 凭什么呢? |
[07:05] | He stole Poppa’s money and jewelry to feed his drug habit. | 他偷了爸爸的钱和珠宝来满足他对毒品的需求 |
[07:09] | Guy was a fiend. | 那家伙是个恶魔 |
[07:22] | Que en paz descanse. | 愿他安息 |
[07:25] | Sonny was like a father to me. | Sonny就像我的父亲 |
[07:27] | Cut from the same cloth,two poor kids from Mexico. | 和我是同类人 都是来自墨西哥的苦娃 |
[07:31] | Sounds like you learned a lot from him. | 听起来你从他那里学了很多 |
[07:34] | The man I am today… is because of Sonny. | 我之所有有今天…都是因为Sonny |
[07:37] | That why you stole from him,Angelo? | 那你干嘛偷他东西 Angelo? |
[07:39] | He had you arrested.Pressed charges. | 因为他 你才被捕 正式起诉 |
[07:41] | Espate.Espate.You got that wrong. | 不对 不对 你错了 |
[07:42] | It wasn’t your first time to the dance. | 那不是你第一次犯事 |
[07:44] | You got popped twice on meth charges. | 你2次因为毒品罪名被逮捕 |
[07:46] | I broke my collarbone riding,I started taking painkillers. | 我摔断了锁骨好吗 开始吃止痛片 |
[07:51] | I have that kinda brain,you know,that can’t shut it off. | 我有脑子 那是停不下来的 |
[07:53] | Before I knew it I was snorting it,I was shooting it.I just gotost. | 我先是吸食 然后是注射毒品 我迷失了 |
[07:58] | I’ll say.One more strike and you were lookin’ at some serious time. | 要我说 再有一次定罪 你就不会有好日子了 |
[08:01] | Yeah,but Sonny disappeared.Case got thrown out.Lucky for you,he wound up in that hole. | 但Sonny失踪了 案子不了了之 你真走运 他死在了那个墓洞里 |
[08:07] | You knew about that horse grave? | 你知道那个埋葬马的坟墓吗? |
[08:09] | I heard the rumors,but I never saw it. | 我听过传闻 但没有见过 |
[08:11] | Not drawing a very convincing alibi,Angelo. | 没有令人信服的不在场证明 Angelo |
[08:13] | I was messed up,man. | 我那时一团糟 |
[08:17] | Bottomed out,baking donuts in the Badlands. | 人生最低谷 在乡下烘烤甜甜圈 |
[08:20] | You trickin’ for drugs? | 你还在为毒品而骗人吗? |
[08:22] | Look,the only person I hurt was myself. | 我唯一伤害过的人就是自己 |
[08:26] | After Sonny disappeared,I got help. | Sonny消失后 我得到了帮助 |
[08:29] | elelg g ilty. | 感到内疚 |
[08:31] | No. Fed up. | 不 受够了 |
[08:33] | I got clean,and dedicated my life to helping these kids. | 我洗心革面 投身到帮助那些孩子中去 |
[08:38] | These kids need somebody to believe in them,like Sonny believed in me. | 那些孩子需要有人信任他们 就像Sonny信任我一样 |
[08:43] | An unbelievable finish as the rookie from Esteros,Mexico, | 不可思议的冲线 来自墨西哥三角湾的菜鸟 |
[08:46] | Angelo Rivera gets his first win riding “Little Hope” to victory. | Angelo Rivera骑着”小希望”赢了第一场比赛 |
[08:49] | (“Everything’s Coming our Way” plays) | |
[08:52] | “Can’t” he said,huh? | “不行的” 他这样说过 哈? |
[08:53] | Born with it! | 这就是天赋! |
[08:55] | This kid is the next Mil Hombres. Huh? | 这个孩子是下一个Mil Hombres 哈? |
[08:59] | e dije,hijastro? | 你说呢 孩子? |
[09:00] | – S?You told me. – *** | – 是吗? 你告诉过我 – 什么 |
[09:04] | Box me in,grab my horse’s bridle? | 堵我的路 扯我的缰绳? |
[09:06] | That’s taking food off my family’s table. | 你这是存心抢我的饭碗 |
[09:08] | You boxed yourself in,Ric,okay?Don’t blame the kid because you tied one on last night. | 你是自作孽 Ric 别把昨晚宿醉的责任推给这孩子 |
[09:11] | That was a Mil Hombres move. | 那是个Mil Hombres式的冲刺 |
[09:13] | Even tugged his head.You taught him that! | 哪怕抓着他的脑袋 都是你教他的! |
[09:15] | Do what you got to do to win. | 不惜一切去赢得胜利 |
[09:17] | It’s the name of the game. | 这就是游戏规则 |
[09:19] | Maybe I’ll take your advice,Sonny. | 也许我该听你的话 Sonny |
[09:21] | Do what I gotta do. | 做我应该做的事 |
[09:32] | Ric Yanko,rival jocke Always eating Sonny’s dust. | Ric Yanko是竞争对手 但他总落在Sonny后面 |
[09:39] | Shoulda put that shrimp on the barbie. | 该好好查查他才对 |
[09:41] | Aussie still around? | 他还在这附近? |
[09:43] | He owns a bar near the track. | 他在赛道旁开了个酒吧 |
[09:44] | – Still riding? – Nah,but he had his day. | – 还骑马吗? – 不骑了 不过他还是辉煌过的 |
[09:48] | Ric never got a good horse until Sonny disappeared. | Sonny失踪后 Ric才有了匹好马 |
[09:51] | Then he became the track’s number one rider. | 他成了头号骑手 |
[09:54] | Looked like an S&M joint back there,all those whips and leather. | 又是鞭子又是皮靴 那儿看起来真像虐恋俱乐部 |
[10:00] | Riding crops. | 那是短马鞭 |
[10:01] | Same thing. | 没啥区别 |
[10:03] | Well,a whip’s meant to inflict pain. | 鞭子是为了造成伤痛 |
[10:05] | A riding crop’s to motivate. | 但短马鞭是为了激励赛马 |
[10:08] | You’re startin’ to scare me,Lil.You don’t strike me as the National Velvet type. | 你吓到我了 Lil 你不像是来自<玉女神驹>的人嘛 |
[10:12] | After my dad left,uh,my mom needed a job. | 我爸爸走后… 妈妈需要份工作 |
[10:16] | Didn’t notice she was juiced.She became a ticket taker. | 没人知道她是个酒鬼 于是她成为了售票员 |
[10:21] | Your ma worked the track? | 你妈妈在赛马场工作? |
[10:22] | Races were over I’d wait for her to count out her drawer. | 比赛结束后我要等她盘点收入 |
[10:25] | Sit in the stands,do my homework. | 我坐在看台上写家庭作业 |
[10:28] | It’s probably not the best place to leave a kid alone. | 把小孩独自丢在那地方恐怕不太合适 |
[10:30] | Not all bad. | 也不坏 |
[10:32] | Got to know some of the old-timers,the rail birds. | 能了解一下那些老牌马迷 |
[10:36] | – They all had one thing in common… – Yeah,compulsive gambling. | – 他们都有一个共同点… – 嗯 都是赌徒 |
[10:40] | Dreamers. | 梦想家 |
[10:42] | Always hoping tomorrow’s better than today. | 总是希望明天更美好 |
[10:58] | *** | |
[11:01] | Depends who’s asking,mate. | 看是谁问了 伙计 |
[11:04] | Oh,yeah? | 哦 是吗? |
[11:05] | Well drinks are on the house,Johnnie.Food you pay for,like everybody else. | 酒水算我的 食物 你要像别人一样自掏腰包 |
[11:08] | Detectives,mate. | 我们是警探 伙计 |
[11:10] | And we ain’t here for the cuisine. | 我们不是来吃东西的 |
[11:12] | – Sonny Sandoval. – Oh,yeah? | – 哦? |
[11:14] | That bloke finally show up off his face in Mexico somewhere? | 那笨蛋终于在Mexico什么地方露脸了? |
[11:17] | Found Sonny’s remains in an old horse grave at the back of the track. | 赛马场后面的马坟里 发现了Sonny的尸骨 |
[11:21] | No kidding? | 没开玩笑吧? |
[11:23] | And that concerns me how? | 跟我有什么关系? |
[11:24] | Your career really took off once he was gone. | 他失踪后 你才得以飞黄腾达 |
[11:27] | I didn’t need to kill Sonny to beat him. | 我用不着靠干掉Sonny来打败他 |
[11:29] | The old git was falling off all on his own. | 那个老饭桶已经日落西山了 |
[11:32] | Maybe you were in a hurry. | 也许你等不及了 |
[11:33] | Well,maybe you should get your story straight,’cause Sonny made me a better rider. | 也许你该把故事听清楚 是Sonny让我变得更强 |
[11:37] | Yeah,like when the rookie whipped you,and Sonny manhandled you in front of the other ckeys? | 是啊 比如说有新人超越你 Sonny在众人面前给你难堪? |
[11:41] | Manhandled me? | 给我难堪? |
[11:43] | I’ve broken every bone in my body twice,mate. | 我浑身的骨头都断过两遍了 伙计 |
[11:45] | You want a medal? | 该给你发个奖章吗? |
[11:48] | 1,200-pound horse shattered my pelvis in ’92. | 92年一匹1200磅的马踩碎了我的盆骨 |
[11:52] | If you’ve gosomething to say,say it. | 你们想说什么 说吧 |
[11:55] | I hope the horse was okay. | 但愿那匹马没事 |
[11:58] | Look here,there was a lot of money on the table. | 看看这儿 桌上有很多钱 |
[12:01] | Peop lost their cool. | 人们都疯了 |
[12:04] | But all said and done,we were still jockeys. | 但不管说过什么 做过什么 我们仍然是骑师 |
[12:07] | And you wore funny costumes.So what? | 穿着滑稽的服装 那又怎样? |
[12:09] | People have no idea what we endure. | 人们根本不了解我们所承受的一切 |
[12:12] | Flipping to make weight. | 令人厌恶的减肥 |
[12:13] | You know what it’s like toeigh 110 pounds? | 你知道110磅是什么概念吗? |
[12:16] | Not since fifth grade. | 五年级时就不知道了 |
[12:17] | It’s a brotherhood,jockeys. | 骑手间像兄弟一样 |
[12:21] | And there was no better friend a jockey could have… than Sonny Sandoval. | 再没有比Sonny Sandoval更好的朋友了 |
[12:28] | Vamanos,huh? | 干杯 是吧? |
[12:29] | (intro to Santana’s “Evil Ways” plays) | |
[12:31] | So the doc tells me that he wants to put a pin in my knee. | 医生说他要在我的膝盖上钉颗钉子 |
[12:34] | What do u need that for? | 要那个干嘛? |
[12:35] | So I could keep kicking your dingo ass,Yanko. | 踢你这小狗崽啊 Yanko |
[12:40] | Broke my kneecap so many times,he thought I would be crippled for life. | 我的膝盖骨伤了无数次 他以为我会终生残废呢 |
[12:45] | Told him… “Go to hell! | 我对他说… “见鬼去吧!” |
[12:49] | ” Won over a hundred races since then, | 自那以后 我又赢了不下一百场比赛 |
[12:51] | and can still dance the Jarabe Tapat with the best of them,huh? | 而且我依然可以和最棒的舞者 一起跳墨西哥草帽舞 |
[12:56] | I love it. | 我爱这个 |
[13:04] | it’s Baxter. | Baxter来啦 |
[13:06] | Hide your money. | 藏好你的钱 |
[13:08] | Send that tab over to my table,if you will,partner,and just cut him off. | 如果你愿意就把账单送到我桌上 搭档 而且最好让他少喝点 |
[13:11] | He’s got to make weight,and these beers ain’t heing. | 他得控制体重 这些啤酒可帮不上忙 |
[13:14] | I’ll take care of the tab,Chris. | 我自己付账单 Chris |
[13:16] | And another round for everyone. | 再为在座的诸位来一杯 |
[13:18] | You forget who owns you,Sonn | 你忘了谁是你的老板了 Sonn |
[13:21] | – Don’t have a problem when I’m winning. – But you’re not. | – 我赢的时候你可没提过意见 – 但是你现在没赢 |
[13:24] | So suggest you better turn it around before you have a problem that can’t be fixed. | 所以我劝你 趁着麻烦不大赶快回头是岸 |
[13:36] | Owners,jockeys– love-hate relationship. | 老板与骑手 爱恨交加的关系 |
[13:40] | You got to hand it to old Sonny,though. | 虽然 你不得不赞同老Sonny |
[13:42] | That bloke had a pair. | 他们真是天生一对 |
[13:44] | Why didn’t Baxter just fire Sonny for being such a thorn in his side? | 既然Sonny这么讨人厌 Baxter干嘛不解雇他? |
[13:47] | Couldn’t. | 没法 |
[13:48] | Sonny had a three-year contract,paidid h,win or lose. | Sonny签约三年 不论输赢都要给钱 |
[13:52] | Sweet al for Sonny. | 对Sonny来说真是好买卖 |
[13:53] | Especially since he was in a slump. | 尤其是他开始走下坡路时 |
[13:56] | Baxter came back that night,found Sonny at the bar. | 那晚Baxter回来发现Sonny还在酒吧 |
[13:59] | Told him he was worth more dead to him than alive. | 说他死了反倒对自己更有价值 |
[14:14] | Randall Baxter? | |
[14:18] | I’m gearing up for theelbourne Cup there,fellas. | 我忙着准备赛马大赛呢 伙计们 |
[14:20] | I ait in no mood for no interviews today. | 今天没心情接受采访 |
[14:22] | Well,get in the mood. | 那就调整一下心情 |
[14:24] | You remember Sonny Sandoval? | 还记得Sonny Sandoval? |
[14:26] | Yeah,I heard about that.That’s a terrible thing. | 记得 我听说了 真恐怖 |
[14:29] | I understand you buried a few of your horses back there. | 我知道你也埋了几匹马在那儿吧 |
[14:32] | Well,sometimes horses have to be put down. | 有时候不得不让马死掉 |
[14:35] | How about jockeys? | 那骑手呢? |
[14:36] | Now,hold on here.Why would I want to get rid of Sonny?He was one of my best. | 够了 我干嘛要除掉Sonny? 他是我最好的骑师之一 |
[14:40] | Well,way we hear it,he was losi more than he was winning. | 可我们听说 他赢的比赛还比不上他输的 |
[14:43] | Guanteed contract was costing you major moolah. | 合同花了你大把银子啊 |
[14:45] | Sonny was a champion.You ow,you can’t teach that. | Sonny是冠军 那是教不出来的 |
[14:48] | He still had the ability to pull it out if he just had his head on straight. | 只要他理清头绪 就能度过低潮期 |
[14:52] | Saying it wasn’t? | 意思是他没能理清了? |
[14:54] | Well,he started losing focus,you know?And his-his sense of priorities were whacked out. | 他不再专注于比赛 而且搞不清孰轻孰重 |
[14:59] | – Why is that? – Why else? | – 怎么会那样的? – 怎么不会? |
[15:01] | He started listening to a woman. | 他开始听一个女人的话 |
[15:04] | Should have never hired that female trainer. | 我真不该雇佣那个女驯马师 |
[15:07] | She was bad luck. | 她是个扫把星 |
[15:09] | (intro to Santana’s “Black Magic Woman” plays) | |
[15:11] | Who told you? | 谁告诉你的? |
[15:11] | – e of the farmhands did.- Fine.Here,hold-hold it. | – 农场的工人 – 好吧 抓住 抓住这儿 |
[15:17] | Why did u scratch Firewalker,Baxter? | 为什么让火行者退赛 Baxter? |
[15:19] | ‘Cause Firewalker can’t’win. | 因为火行者赢不了 |
[15:21] | Th horse would rather die than lose. | 那匹马宁可死都不愿输的 |
[15:24] | Well,then hisegs ain’t as strong as his heart anymore. | 他的腿可不像他的心那么坚强 |
[15:27] | First time he’s been healthy in a year. | 他一年都没病过 这还是头一回 |
[15:30] | Tell you what.He loses,you keep my money. | 这样吧 如果他输了 我的钱你拿去 |
[15:32] | No,I can’t risk that,Sonny.It’s too big a race. | 不行 我不想冒险 Sonny 这比赛太重要了 |
[15:33] | – We had a plan. – Well,the plan’s changed. | – 我们计划好了的 – 计划改变了 |
[15:36] | Firewalker’s going out to stud.Hell,we should all be so lucky. | 火行者要退休啦 我们会走运的 |
[15:39] | Either Firalker races,or I quit. | 要么让火行者参赛 要么我退赛 |
[15:42] | You better check your contract,hombre,’cause you race for me,or you don’t race at all. | 好好看看你的合同 伙计 不为我跑 你就没有比赛可跑了 |
[15:47] | Now,you’re on Sapphire,so deal with it. | 现在你骑蓝宝石 好好驯服她吧 |
[15:50] | Sapphire’s too young. | 蓝宝石太年轻了 |
[15:52] | You’re racing her too much.You’re taking her alon too fast. | 她跑得太多了 你逼她太紧了 |
[15:55] | She’s gonna end up with the same injuries Firewalker got. | 她最终会和火行者一样伤病缠身的 |
[15:59] | When did you become such an amal lover,Sonny? | 你什么时候开始爱护动物了 Sonny? |
[16:02] | Put that on the list of things you don’t know about me,Randall. | 你不了解我的还多着呢 Randall |
[16:06] | You saddle up on Sapphire,or you sit out the remaining two years of your contract,unpaid. | 去给蓝宝石装马鞍 否则剩下的两年别想比赛 没钱 |
[16:17] | That was the beginning of t end. | 衰亡就是这样开始的 |
[16:21] | He lost his competitive edge. | 他丧失了竞争精神 |
[16:23] | That o girl filled his head wi all kinds of ideas about how horses should be eating organic hay | 那女孩给他满脑子灌输的都是 马应该吃有机饲料 |
[16:28] | and drinking room temperature water. | 喝室温水 |
[16:31] | The horror. | 真恐怖 |
[16:32] | Lady Macbethot a name? | 麦克白女士有名字吗? (莎翁名剧 怂恿其夫篡权夺位的女人) |
[16:34] | Yeah.Kristi,uh,Duren. | 有 Kristi… Duren |
[16:37] | She made him soft. | 她让他变得温柔了 |
[16:39] | It’s the last thing a jockey c be. | 骑手最不该做的事就是变温柔 |
[16:41] | Sounds like she wasn’t just groong the horses. | 看来她可不只喂马啊 |
[16:43] | Yeah,the last I heard,she moved in with him. | 是的 后来我听说她搬去和他同住了 |
[16:47] | I fired her ass a day too late,if you ask me. | 你要问的话 我解雇她了 可惜太迟 |
[16:58] | Located a Kristi Duren. | 找到个Kristi Duren |
[17:01] | Trainer in Saratoga.She’s in the city. | 萨拉托加的驯马师 她在那个城市 |
[17:03] | On her way down now. | 她正在赶过来 |
[17:05] | Who sent the goods?What have we got? | 谁寄来的? 什么东西? |
[17:07] | You have a message from the Pennsylvania Treasury Department,and the boss wants to see you. | 宾州财政部来过电话 头儿要见你 |
[17:14] | What? | 怎么回事? |
[17:15] | Your mama didn’t teach you how to share? | 你妈没教你学会分享吗? |
[17:22] | You rang? | 你找我? |
[17:23] | You get a hit on that number yet? | 从那个号码上查出什么了? |
[17:25] | Sonny had a safe deposit box at another bank branch. | Sonny在另一家分行有个保险箱 |
[17:29] | ate escheated it due to inactivit It’s beesitting up in Harrisburg | 由于很久没动过 官方同意我们检查 |
[17:33] | at the Pennsylvania Treasury Department for the last 20 years. | 那东西在Harrisburg的宾州财政部 至少20年了 |
[17:36] | All right,get a subpoena,send a uniform up there. | 好的 申请传票 派个警探过去 |
[17:39] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[17:41] | Uh,one other thing,Nick. | 还有点事 Nick |
[17:43] | – I just saw this. – Oh,yeah. | – 我刚看到这个 – 哦 对 |
[17:45] | That joker Sadowsky in Vice took this after I worked a double last week. | 这是我上周值完两班后 风化组喜欢 搞笑的Sadowsky故意照的 |
[17:49] | – I was up all night.- It got e-mailed around the department. | – 我整晚都没睡 – 这邮件整个部门都收到了 |
[17:52] | Guy’s just breaking my balls. | 我丢人丢大了 |
[17:53] | It made its way up to the Deputy Commissioner.He wants you to get a physical. | 这事一直捅到了副局长那里 他要你去做个体检 |
[17:57] | A physical? | 体检? |
[17:59] | What’s that got to do th he taking a few winks? | 这跟我打盹有什么关系? |
[18:01] | Pencil pusher wants to send a message. | 这个纸上谈兵的家伙想杀鸡儆猴 |
[18:04] | You opened the door. | 你给了他机会 |
[18:06] | – It’s a bunch of bull. – Just do it,Nick. | – 真是一堆狗屎 – 乖乖照做吧 Nick |
[18:13] | Hard business for a woman to break into back then. | 那时候驯马这一行女人很不容易进 |
[18:17] | Sonny helped me get my first training job. | Sonny帮我找到了第一份工作 |
[18:20] | He saw something in you. | 他发现了你 |
[18:22] | The man had a good soul. | 他有一颗善良的心 |
[18:23] | Loved horses,loved horse people. | 爱那些马 也爱驯马的人 |
[18:26] | Like you? | 比如你? |
[18:27] | I stayed with him whenever I wasn’t on the road and needed a place to crh. | 没在外面奔波 需要地方待的时候 我都和他住在一起 |
[18:30] | ll,that come free,or with benefits? | 是无条件的 还是有利可图? |
[18:36] | What happened to Sonny? | Sonny发生了什么事? |
[18:38] | Found his remains in an old horse grave at the back of the track. | 我们在马场后面一个马的墓里 找到了他的尸骨 |
[18:46] | Horse pit. | 马坑 |
[18:47] | That what they called it? | 他们这么叫的? |
[18:49] | For the horses they put down at the track? | 那些再也无法比赛的马? |
[18:50] | That,and the old horses that got slaughtered for their meat. | 还有那些被宰了吃肉的老马 |
[18:54] | Slaughtered?For meat? | 宰了? 吃肉? |
[18:56] | From stable to table,in Japan within days. | 从马厩到餐桌 在日本只要几天 |
[18:58] | Racing’s dirty little secret. | 赛马界肮脏的小秘密 |
[19:00] | Well,Sonny know about that back then? | 那时候Sonny知道这些事吗? |
[19:02] | Suspected as much.A horsis an investment. | 他很怀疑 买马是一种投资 |
[19:05] | Some owners try to eke out every last dollar. | 一些马主尽力榨出每一分钱 |
[19:09] | I just opened Sonny’s eyes to that reality. | 我只是让Sonny睁大眼睛看到现实 |
[19:12] | Baxter didn’t appreciate it. | 这让Baxter不爽 |
[19:14] | Kind of getting the feelg that you and Sonny were re than just bunkmates. | 我总有种感觉 Sonny跟你不只是普通室友 |
[19:19] | Fell for the old guy. | 我被他迷倒了 |
[19:21] | Taught mso much about horses,life. | 他教给我许多关于马和人生的道理 |
[19:25] | I knew he needed someone to take care of him. | 我知道他需要个人来照顾他 |
[19:27] | Cared so much that you didn’t even come forward when he disappeared. | 你这么关心他 可他失踪的时候 你一声都没吭 |
[19:32] | Only ’cause Sonny had already pushed me away. | 因为Sonny早就拒绝了我 |
[19:38] | Where the hell is Jose?I called him three times. | 该死的Jose去哪了? 我给他打了三次电话了 |
[19:40] | Stop worrying.Relax. | 别担心 放轻松 |
[19:45] | You should take that job in Saratoga,Kristi. | 你应该接受萨拉托加的工作 Kristi |
[19:48] | Can’t.I’m training you and Sapphire. | 不行 我在帮你 还训练蓝宝石 |
[19:50] | Ah,Sapphire’s had trainers. | 蓝宝石有驯马师了 |
[19:52] | But you break that maiden there with its bodline,you got a career. | 但你要去那边训练那匹纯种小马 你的事业就大有前途 |
[19:56] | I want to be with you. | 我想跟你在一起 |
[19:58] | Ten years ago,I’d give you a n for your money,but this ride is slowing down to a light trot. | 要是10年前 我不会让你轻易赚到钱 可现在我只能慢慢溜达了 |
[20:05] | You’re the best jockey I’ve ever seen,Sonny. | 你是我见过的最好骑师 Sonny |
[20:07] | What has it gotten me,hmm? | 这给我带来了什么? |
[20:10] | Doesn’t matter how much money,how many res I win. | 不管我赢了多少场 赚了多少钱 |
[20:13] | I’m still just a monkey to Baxter’s organ grinder. | 我都只是Baxter手下的赚钱工具 |
[20:15] | That’s not true. | 你别乱说 |
[20:17] | Then why am I not riding Firewalker in my last race,hmm? | 那我最后这次比赛为什么不能骑”火行者”? |
[20:26] | I’m 45 years old,and I can barely climb out of the tub. | 我已经45岁了 都很难自己从浴缸里出来 |
[20:37] | – Take the job,Kristi. – I’m here,Pop. | – 接受那份工作 Kristi – 我来了 爸爸 |
[20:40] | Don’t look back. | 别回头 |
[20:49] | Next day,I was out as Sapphire’s trainer. | 第二天 我辞去了蓝宝石的驯马师工作 |
[20:52] | Packed my stuff,went to Saratoga.Been there ever since. | 收拾好东西 去了Saratoga 再没回来过 |
[20:57] | What were Sonny and Jose fighting about? | Sonny和Jose那晚在吵什么? |
[20:59] | They always spoke in Spanish when they didn’t want me to understand. | 他们不想让我听时 都说西班牙语 |
[21:03] | In Spanish? | 西班牙语? |
[21:04] | Had to guess,it was probably about Jose’s money problems. | 不过我猜是因为Jose的经济问题 |
[21:08] | Oh,like father like son. | 有其父必有其子 |
[21:10] | The gambling problems run in theamily? | 他家里人都嗜赌成性? |
[21:12] | No,just Jose. | 不 只有Jose |
[21:15] | Sonny had a lot of vices,but gambli wasn’t one of them. | Sonny有很多坏习惯 但他从不赌博 |
[21:20] | CSU says these puncture wounds at the back of Sonny’s skull are equally spaced, | 鉴证科在Sonny头骨上发现了等距戳刺伤 |
[21:25] | likely caused by some sharp instrument. | 像是锋利的器具造成的 |
[21:29] | Well,uld be a rake.Pitchfork?Something from the stables. | 可能是耙子 干草叉? 马厩里的东西 |
[21:33] | Bunch of cashed checks made out to Jose from Sonny’s bank count. | Sonny的银行账户里 很多支票是兑现给Jose的 |
[21:36] | Sonny didn’t have a gambling problem.Jose did. | Sonny没有赌博问题 是Jose |
[21:40] | So,why did he lie about that? | 那他为什么撒谎? |
[21:41] | Or saking Spanish? | 还说他不会西语? |
[21:44] | And what else does Jose got to hide? | Jose还隐瞒了些什么? |
[21:57] | Perdon,u?hora es? | 不好意思? 几点了? |
[21:59] | – Son veinte despues de las… – Hola,Jose. | – 现在是… – 你好 Jose |
[22:03] | Sure sounded like Spanish to me. | 听起来挺像西语的 |
[22:06] | VALENS: What,you ashamed of being Mexican,boss? | 怎么 你觉得做墨西哥人很丢脸 老板? |
[22:09] | My mother came to thisououry and cleaned people’s homes. | 我母亲来到这个国家给人打扫屋子 |
[22:11] | Wanted me to assimilate.Speak Englis | 她想让我融入社会 说英语 |
[22:14] | Still no reason to lie about it. | 这不是说谎的理由 |
[22:16] | Every time I speak Spanish,it reminds me of Poppa. | 每次我说西语 都会想起爸爸 |
[22:19] | It hurts too much. | 让我很难过 |
[22:21] | Kinda like his gamblg problem. | 就像他嗜赌的问题 |
[22:22] | – There’s no need to dredge that up. – Because it wasn’t his problem. | – 别再提这事了 – 因为这不是他的问题 |
[22:26] | It was yours. | 是你的 |
[22:27] | Pop got tired of digging you out.Cut you off. | 你爸爸想把你拉出泥潭 让你改过自新 |
[22:30] | It took you a month to file a police report.Waiting for that trail to go cold. | 你拖了1个月才报告警方 就为了等线索被破坏 |
[22:33] | – No,it wasn’t like that. – What was it like,Jose? | – 不 不是这样的 – 那是什么 Jose? |
[22:36] | I’m starting to lose track of all your lies. | 我搞不清楚你到底说了多少谎 |
[22:38] | LookI had a problem,okay? | 我是有问题 成吗? |
[22:40] | And I caused my Pop a lot of pain. | 这让我爸爸很痛苦 |
[22:43] | But he made damn sure I paid him back. | 但他已经明确表示我得偿还 |
[22:45] | – With what? – My back. | – 用什么? – 我的支持 |
[22:47] | He needed a new trainer for Sapphire. | 他需要给蓝宝石找个新训师 |
[22:50] | And I needed to provmyself. | 我得向他证明自己可以 |
[22:56] | Les go,Sapphire. | 来吧 蓝宝石 |
[22:58] | Okay,cool her down. | 好的 让她慢下来 |
[22:59] | She’s a little washy. | 她有点出汗了 |
[23:01] | Anxious. | 紧张 |
[23:02] | That’s because she’s been red too much.She’s probably getting shin splints already. | 因为她跑了很多次 腿可能已经开始疼了 |
[23:09] | Listen,Poppa. | 听我说 爸爸 |
[23:11] | I’m done this time,for real. | 这次我戒了 真的 |
[23:15] | No short cuts,Jose. | 这没有捷径 Jose |
[23:17] | A man has to have a purpose– a calling. | 人得有目标–鞭策自己的动力 |
[23:20] | It’s a gift to have un don con los caballos. | 赛马拥有一位善心骑师是天赐之福 |
[23:22] | – Special bond with the horses. – S?and you have it. | – 和马的一种默契 – 看 你明白的 |
[23:27] | The horse knows who to trust. | 马知道该信任谁 |
[23:30] | Who to fear.Who to layt all down for. | 该害怕谁 对谁要俯首帖耳 |
[23:32] | Like Firewalker. | 就像”火行者” |
[23:35] | When I first saw him run… …this old dust track in New Mexico… | 我第一次看他跑的时候 是在新墨西哥一个很老的土赛道 |
[23:42] | just a two-year-old,small for his age… not the fastest,not thstronoest horse. | 他只有2岁 比同龄的马小 不快也不壮 |
[23:47] | 38-to-1 odds. | 38比1的赔率 |
[23:48] | – Won by three lengths. – It’s unbelievable. | – 他超了三个身长 – 真不可思议 |
[23:51] | Mm-hmm,taken that horse from last to first more times than I can rember. | 我记不清有多少次骑着他从末尾跑到第一 |
[23:55] | A scrapper.Warrior. | 一个奋斗者 勇士 |
[23:57] | Leaves it all on the track. | 把一生都献给了跑道 |
[23:59] | Why isn’t he racing in the derby then? | 那为什么他现在不跑公开赛了? |
[24:01] | Ah,people don’t care about what you did,they only care about what you’re doing. | 人们不管你取得过什么成就 只看你现在的位置 |
[24:06] | You’ll win with Sapphire,though,right? | 你会骑着蓝宝石获胜的 是吗? |
[24:08] | Sapphire hasn’t lo a race yet. | 蓝宝石还从没输过 |
[24:11] | If she loses it’s my fault. | 如果她输了 那就是我的问题 |
[24:22] | L gate,sinverguenza!L gate! | 滚开 混蛋! 滚! |
[24:25] | Andale!L gate!L gate! | 走! 滚开! 滚! |
[24:29] | No te metas en lo que no te importa! | 和你没关的事别管! |
[24:31] | – L gate!L gate!Vete! – Suelta la pala a ver que Vete! | – 滚! 滚! 滚远点! – 离我的马远点! |
[24:39] | It only took him 20 years to tell me I was good at something. | 他用了20年才说出我的一点点优点 |
[24:42] | It was like we just turned a corner,and then he was gone. | 我们的关系才刚有点起色 他就走了 |
[24:47] | So,who was the guy in the truck,spooking the horses? | 那个开卡车的人是谁 吓唬马的那个? |
[24:50] | Juan Diaz. | |
[24:51] | worked out of the back barn. | 总在赛场后的马棚转悠 |
[24:53] | Seeing if we were selling any old horses. | 看我们是不是有老马卖 |
[24:55] | Sold off to market for the meat? | 拿到市场上卖肉? |
[24:58] | People turned a blind eye to what happened to the old horses. | 人们根本不在意那些老马的归宿 |
[25:01] | Poppa said he couldn’t do it anymore. | 爸爸说他不能再忍了 |
[25:04] | had Diaz banned from the track. | 他不让Diaz靠近马场 |
[25:06] | Well,that back barn was near where the horse grave was? | 那个马棚离马的墓近吗? |
[25:09] | tiit burned wn. | 被烧掉之前挺近的 |
[25:11] | I don’t know if Diaz dug that grave,but he had to know it was there. | 我不知道是不是Diaz挖的墓 但他肯定知道那 |
[25:17] | We’ll be in touch,Jos | 我们再联系 Jose |
[25:22] | Hot date? | 有约会? |
[25:24] | Eh,something I gotta check on. | 我要去查一件事 |
[25:26] | I’ll meet you back at the roundhouse? | 我们等会在监狱碰头 |
[25:33] | Mijo! | 孩子! |
[25:37] | What’s wrong? | 怎么回事? |
[25:38] | Shoes didn’t fit? | 鞋不合脚? |
[25:40] | Don’t think I can return them. | 我可不信还能退货 |
[25:41] | Ah,no,no. | 不是 不是 |
[25:42] | Look,Ma tell you she hurt her knee? | 妈跟你说她的膝盖伤了? |
[25:46] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[25:47] | You know your mother.She talks a lot. | 你知道你妈妈的 她话太多 |
[25:49] | Some I hear,some not so much. | 有些我听进去了 有些没 |
[25:52] | This havanything to do with her taking cash from our bank account? | 这和她从我们银行账户上拿钱 有什么关系? |
[25:55] | Just try to remember,Pop. | 试着想想 爸爸 |
[25:57] | Oh,uh,I was watching the Phillies game,the one that ended in the triple play. | 我那时候在看费城人队的比赛 以三杀结束的那场 |
[26:02] | – Kid on second base,unassisted… – Bruntlett,yeah,beat the Mets. | – 二垒的那孩子 无人帮忙… – Bruntlett 是的 打败了大都会队 2009年8月23日费城人队替补二垒手Eric Bruntlett 独立完成再见三杀 结束梅子9局下的进攻 (幸好不是Utley @.@) |
[26:05] | What happened with Ma? | 妈妈怎么回事? |
[26:06] | She went to Dayley’s market late to pick up some seafood and rice to make me some paella. | 她到Dayley市场区买海鲜和米 来给我做海鲜拌饭 |
[26:11] | – She slipped and fell. – And that’s it? | – 滑了一下 摔倒了 – 就这样? |
[26:14] | Yeah,she came home,took a shower and went to bed. | 她回来后 洗澡然后上床休息 |
[26:17] | What about the paella? | 海鲜拌饭呢? |
[26:18] | She said she was tired.I had a frozen dinner instead. | 她说她累了 我就吃了顿速冻食品 |
[26:23] | That’s Dayley’s at 19th and Fairmount? | 是费尔蒙特道靠近19街的Dayley市场? |
[26:25] | No,the one on Spring Garden. | 不 是春园的 |
[26:27] | Your mom says they have better produce there. | 你妈妈说那里的东西更好 |
[26:30] | Everything okay? | 没什么事吧? |
[26:33] | Yeah,yeah,Pop,everhing’s fine. | 没事 爸爸 |
[26:36] | – Okay. – Wow,estas flaco. | – 好的 – 哇 挺瘦啊 |
[26:41] | Si,si,si.Estas flaco. | 是啊 是啊 很瘦 |
[26:45] | Banana bread. | 香蕉面包 |
[26:47] | Put nuts in it this year. | 今年放了坚果 |
[26:49] | Never misses an anniversary. | 从不错过周年纪念日 |
[26:51] | e mother. | 那个妈妈 |
[26:53] | Wanda Johnson. | |
[26:54] | Left for school,never came home. | 离家去学校 再也没回家 |
[26:58] | How long h it been? | 有多久了? |
[27:00] | 16 years. | 16年了 |
[27:02] | Won’t let . | 就没放下过 |
[27:04] | You call her back yet? | 你没给她回电话? |
[27:06] | Just tbreak her heart all over again. | 那只会不停地让她心碎 |
[27:09] | No new leads. | 没新的线索 |
[27:11] | No sense to be made of it. | 不知道是谁做的 |
[27:15] | When you get ready to make the call,usmy office. | 当你准备好打电话时 用我的办公室 |
[27:19] | Yeah. | 好 |
[27:21] | How the hell did you end up in Willmsport? | 你在Willmsport搞完没? |
[27:23] | Car’s got GPS,Wayne. | 车上有GPS Wayne |
[27:25] | Well,turn on the lights and lead-foot it to Harrisburg before the Treury closes at 6:00. | 开灯 在Treury六点关门前 开到哈里斯堡去 |
[27:28] | I need that box! | 我要那个盒子! |
[27:30] | Knucklehead’s gotta be relad to somebody. | Knucklehead肯定跟谁有关系 |
[27:33] | Looks like the Meat Man got his ticket punched. | 好像那个卖肉商有案底 |
[27:36] | STILLMAN: Juan Diaz,deported by INS. | Juan Diaz被移民局驱逐出境 |
[27:39] | RUSH: Yeah,impounded his truck back in ’99. | 99年时扣留了他的卡车 |
[27:41] | Found a track parking pass,butcher tools and a stunbo gun. | 找到一个卡车停车证 屠宰工具 和一把震撼枪 |
[27:44] | – Put a horse down fast. – Or a jockey for good. | – 迅速把马放倒 – 或者是骑师 |
[27:47] | We even know ife’s alive? | 是否知道他还活着? |
[27:49] | Just that Diaz got deported to Esteros,Mexico. | 只知道Diaz被驱逐到墨西哥三角湾 |
[27:52] | And Angelo Rivera is from Esteros. | Angelo Rivera 就是从三角湾来的 |
[27:54] | 2,100. | 人口为2100人 |
[27:56] | Sonny’s bug boy comes fr the same small town as Diaz. | Sonny的跟班和Diaz来自同一个地方 |
[27:59] | Ends up working the same place,4,000 miles away. | 在同一个地方工作 相隔4000里 |
[28:03] | Angelo worked for the Meat Man. | Angelo给肉商工作 |
[28:05] | Knew damn well ere that grave was. | 他对马的墓地非常熟悉 |
[28:12] | Okay,you guys go brush the horses. | 好了 你们去给马洗刷下 |
[28:15] | Taco de caballo. | 和马很亲近哈 |
[28:18] | Ever makcarne asada from horse meat,Angelo? | 所有的Carne Asada(炸过的薄牛肉片) 都是用马肉做的对吗 Angelo? |
[28:21] | Back in Esteros? | 在三角湾的时候? |
[28:24] | That some kind of sick joke? | 这是冷幽默吗? |
[28:26] | Sick all right,but no joke. | 是很冷 但不是玩笑 |
[28:28] | You working with Juan Diaz? | 你和Juan Diaz一起干活? |
[28:30] | Know a lot of Juan Diazes. | 知道Juan Diazes不少事吧 |
[28:31] | Talking about the one from your hometown,knucklehead.The Meat Man. | 说说跟你一个地方来的傻瓜 那个卖肉商 |
[28:39] | Diaz offered me a way out Esteros. | Diaz给我一条离开三角湾的出路 |
[28:42] | I needed a job,willing to do anything. | 我需要份工作 我愿意做任何事 |
[28:45] | Killing horses? | 杀马匹? |
[28:47] | I never killed a horse. | 我从没杀过马 |
[28:48] | Just buried what was left. | 只是掩埋剩下的尸骸 |
[28:50] | You know,it made me sick,but it was part of the business. | 这让我恶心 但这也是工作的一部分 |
[28:53] | That all you buried?Horses? | 这就是你埋的? 马匹? |
[28:56] | Come on,guys. | 算了吧 伙计 |
[28:58] | Look,l I ever wanted to be was a jockey. | 我只想成为一名骑师 |
[29:00] | I owe my career to Sonny. | 我有这份工作归功于Sonny |
[29:02] | And your life to Juan Diaz. | 你的命归Juan Diaz |
[29:04] | Soy had him banned from t track.Lost his livelihood. | Sonny禁止他进入马场 失去了他的生计 |
[29:07] | Guy who gave you your start. | 给你新生活的人 |
[29:09] | VALENS: You dug that grave.Put Sonny’s body where it’d never be found. | 你挖了那个墓地 将Sonny的尸体 放在一个没人发现的地方 |
[29:12] | No.Juan got me here… but Sonny gave me my dream. | 不 Juan带我来…但Sonny给我了梦想 |
[29:20] | And I threw it all away. | 但我却错过了 |
[29:36] | Hed about whatappened to Firewalker. | 听说了火行者的事 |
[29:39] | Sorry. | 很可惜 |
[29:42] | It was no accident. | 这不是意外 |
[29:44] | I’m not gonna let Baxter get away with it this time. | 我不会让Baxter这么轻易脱身 |
[29:46] | Be careful,Sonny.Don’t want to see you get blackballed. | 小心点Sonny 我不想看到你招黑手 |
[29:49] | End of t line for me,mi amigo. | 这是我的最后一战 我的朋友 |
[29:52] | My last race,was gonna ride Firewalker out. | 我最后一次比赛 准备骑火行者出场 |
[29:55] | Son of a bitch Baxter has taken that away from me. | 婊子养的Baxter夺走了这一切 |
[29:58] | Firewalker deserved better. | 火行者应该有更好的结局 |
[30:00] | Killing horses for money has to end. | 为了钱而杀马的做法不该继续 |
[30:04] | We all get thrown away when we can’t win anymore. | 当我们不再取胜时 我们都会被抛弃 |
[30:07] | Unless you keep winning. | 除非你不停得赢 |
[30:09] | Slow down,k. | 悠着点 孩子 |
[30:11] | – u’re gonna end up like me. – One ll of a jockey? | – 你的结局会和我一样 – 和某个顶级骑师一样? |
[30:13] | Broke.Whizzing blood.Lucky to have one kidney working. | 骨折 鲜血四溅 庆幸还有一个肾能工作 |
[30:19] | 110 pounds.Getting on a thousand-pou animal going 45 miles an hour. | 110磅 骑上一匹千磅的动物 每小时能跑45英里 |
[30:25] | And you’re not even straight. | 你都没法直立 |
[30:27] | Like you always taught me,do whatever I have to do to win. | 像你常教我的那样 不惜一切去赢 |
[30:32] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[30:34] | I’m worried about you,Angelo. | 我替你担心 Angelo |
[30:35] | I’ll be fine.Never felt better. | 我很好 再好不过了 |
[30:38] | Is that why you stole from me? | 这就是你从我这偷钱的原因? |
[30:44] | I was gonna pay you back. | 我准备还给你 |
[30:48] | You want to pay me back? | 你想还给我? |
[30:51] | ke care of yourself. | 你自己小心 |
[30:57] | Sonny was right. | Sonny没错 |
[30:59] | Horses,jocks,were all disposable. | 马 骑师 都可被抛弃 |
[31:03] | One day you’re on top of the heap and the next,done for gd. | 前一天你还在顶峰 第二天你就见上帝了 |
[31:09] | Firewalker– sold off to Juan Diaz? | 火行者 卖给–Juan Diaz了? |
[31:11] | Nostable fire. | 不 马厩着火 |
[31:13] | But everybody knew it was an insurance job. | 但每个人都知道这是骗保险 |
[31:16] | – How sick was Sonny? – Pretty bad. | – Sonny病情如何? – 非常严重 |
[31:19] | But a macho guy like that never went to a doctor. | 但他那种男子汉从没去看过医生 |
[31:22] | Where was he getting all the pain pills? | 他从哪里搞来的止疼片? |
[31:24] | Track vets will ok you up for the right price. | 只要价钱合适 赛场兽医会给 |
[31:27] | But for him,it st wasn’t enough anymore. | 但对他来说 这些还是不够 |
[31:31] | Neither is your alibi,Angelo.You’re coming in with us. | 你的不在场证明也不够 Angelo 跟我们走 |
[31:57] | I understand your champion horse,Firewalker,died in a stable fire in ’86? | 你的冠军马 火行者在86年马厩起火时死了 |
[32:06] | Casualty of the business. | 生意上免不了的事故 |
[32:09] | You know,we can put a man on the moon,but we still make barns out of wood. | 我们晚上安排人守夜 但马厩是木制结构 |
[32:13] | You were investigated for insurance fraud in ’94. | 在94年你因保险欺诈而被调查 |
[32:16] | Stallion named Bloodline. | 一匹叫”血统”的纯种马 |
[32:18] | Lost three champion horses over a 13-ye period to barn fires. | 13年间因马厩起火失去3匹冠军马 |
[32:24] | That’s a lot of accidents. | 意外还真不少 |
[32:25] | Well,it happens to the best of us,partner. | 这样对我们大家都好 伙计 |
[32:28] | But I’m gonna tell ya’ll just like I told them insurance investigators. | 但我要告诉你 就跟我对保险调查员说得一样 |
[32:31] | Why in the hell would I wanna kill a horse that I paid nearly a million dollars for? | 为什么我要杀一匹我花了近100万 来养的马? |
[32:35] | That’s exactly what we were asking ourselves. | 这也是我们想知道的问题 |
[32:39] | Until we saw this. | 直到看到这个 |
[32:41] | This insurance cla. | 这些保险单 |
[32:43] | Made two million dollars when Firewalker went up in smoke. | 火行者被烧死时 你得了200万的赔偿 |
[32:47] | And another mil and a half for Bloodline. | 血统又得了150万 |
[32:50] | Well,that right there is just peanuts in comparison to what I spend each year on stud fee. | 这些和我每年花在种马身上的钱比 简直是小菜一碟 |
[32:56] | Guess they outlive their use,like Firewalker. | 我猜它们物超所值 像火行者 |
[32:59] | You really know how to squeeze a dollar out of a horse. | 你还真知道如何从马身上 压榨出最后一分钱 |
[33:03] | Dead or alive. | 不管是生是死 |
[33:05] | Well,I’m going to take that as a compliment. | 除非你知道保险调查员不知道的事 |
[33:08] | That is,unless y’all know something those insurance investigators don’t. | 不然我就把你的话当成恭维吧 |
[33:11] | Oh,we know Sonny was going to rat you out afr that big race. | 我们知道Sonny准备在赛后爆出你的丑事 |
[33:16] | Couldn’t afford that kind of attention. | 你可禁不起那种关注 |
[33:19] | Open up another arson investigation. | 展开另一项纵火罪的调查 |
[33:21] | So,you put him in a hole. | 所以 你就把他给杀了 |
[33:25] | I didn’t kill that old cuss. | 我没杀那个老家伙 |
[33:27] | But I should’ve. | 但是我真该那么做 |
[33:30] | Thank y’all for coming. | 感谢你们的到来 |
[33:32] | (“Jin Go Lo Ba” by Santana playing) | |
[33:44] | This is why they call this the Sport of Kings. | 这就是他们为什么称赛马为王者运动 |
[33:48] | Listen at ’em.They can’t wait to see those beasts run. | 听听 他们等不及看那些畜生起跑了 |
[33:50] | It’s going to be a good one,sir. | 会是一场精彩的比赛 先生 |
[33:52] | This goes well,you’re going to be training many of my ponies. | 如果这场顺利 你就能为我训练更多的幼驹了 |
[33:56] | Thank you,Mr.Baxter. | 谢谢 Baxter先生 |
[33:59] | They’re off and running! | 他们出发了! |
[34:00] | The William Penn Million Dollar Derby has begun. | William Penn杯百万奖金公开赛开始! |
[34:03] | Right out of the gate,veteran jockey Sonny Sandoval fillin’ the lane with sto riding Sapphire to the front of e pack. | 刚出闸门 经验丰富的骑师Sonny Sandoval胯下蓝宝石 就占领赛道 冲在了最前面 |
[34:10] | Steady. | 稳住 |
[34:11] | First turn,Sapphire holds his ld,but Little Hope,ridden by Angelo Rivera,makes his move on the outside. | 第一个转弯 蓝宝石保持领先 但Angelo Rivera的 坐骑小希望在外围奋力追赶 |
[34:16] | Come on,Poppa! | 加油 爸爸! |
[34:18] | They enter the back sttctc Sapphire by a head,Little Hope running a close second. | 他们进入转弯处 蓝宝石领先一个头 小希望紧追不舍 |
[34:24] | Going to break her out of the pack. | 想在外围打乱她的节奏 |
[34:26] | No,not yet! | 不 不会的! |
[34:28] | They turn for home,Sapphire breaks open,runnin’ and gunnin’ now,ahead a length, | 他们回到同一条起跑线上 蓝宝石打破僵局 奋力争先 领先一个身位 |
[34:31] | a length and a half. | 一个半身位 |
[34:33] | That’s it!Poppa! | 坚持住 老爸! |
[34:35] | Letting out all stops in the final stretch,as Sapphire kisses the sky and says good-bye. | 只要在最后的直道保持这个速度 蓝宝石毫无疑问将取得胜利 |
[34:42] | Wait! | 等等! |
[34:42] | Little Hope pulls within a length of Sapphire. | 小希望追上了蓝宝石 |
[34:44] | What the hell’s he doing?! | 搞什么?! |
[34:46] | Little Hope suddenly moves into the lead,as Sapphire begins to fade. | 小希望领先了 蓝宝石速度慢了下来 |
[34:51] | Little Hope is ahead by a nose,a length. | 小希望领先一点 领先一个身位 |
[34:53] | She’s gonna pull off the upset. | 她将实现大翻盘 |
[34:55] | Little Hope wins! | 小希望赢了! |
[35:03] | Son of a bitch pulled up on him on purpose! | 狗娘养的 他是故意的! |
[35:06] | – Mr.Baxter… – Shut up,get the hell outta here! | – Baxter先生 – 闭嘴 赶紧滚开 |
[35:09] | I’m gonna have that taco bender and your whole family deported! | 我要把墨西哥佬和你们全家都驱逐出境! |
[35:14] | You know,that was the first of three heart attacks. | 犯过三次心脏病 那是第一次 |
[35:18] | I spent a month in recovery at Mercy Hospital. | 让我在摩西医院躺了一个月 |
[35:22] | Sonny choked on purpose. | Sonny故意使坏 |
[35:24] | Over a stupid horse. | 就因为一匹破马 |
[35:25] | Sapphire should’ve won that race,sure thing. | 蓝宝石本可以赢得那场比赛 毫无无疑 |
[35:28] | Even his son bet ten large ones on him to win. | 就连他儿子也在他身上压了一大笔钱 |
[35:32] | So,why’d Sonny do it? | Sonny干嘛这样做? |
[35:34] | Crackpot,I think he wanted to take Firewalker back to Mexico with him. | 真是个疯子 我以为他想带火行者回老家 |
[35:39] | Till you killed Firewalker for the money. | 可你为了钱把火行者杀了 |
[35:41] | Insurance investigators said in all threreports that faulty wiring caused those fires. | 三份报告中 保险调查员都提到 是电线问题引发火灾 |
[35:47] | It’s quite a coincidence. | 这也太巧了吧 |
[35:49] | So,another horse dies inhe fire. | 又一匹马在火中丧生 |
[35:51] | Why don’t we just call it a return my investment? | 干嘛不称之为投资回报呢? |
[35:57] | I beat that thing just like I did in 1994 with Bloodline. | 我脱罪了 就像94年对”血统”的调查 |
[36:03] | Statute of limitations Detectives. | 因为调查的法定时效已过 |
[36:05] | Is that right? | 是吗? |
[36:06] | How’s your heart holding up,Randall? | 你的心脏还能坚持多久 Randall? |
[36:10] | You beat it in ’94 ’cause seven years had passed in that investigation. | 94年你能脱罪是因为当时 已经过去了7年 |
[36:14] | Seven years from when t investigation begins,not when the crime was committed. | 不是从犯罪之时开始算 而是从调查开始时算已满7年 |
[36:18] | Yeah,which in the case of Firewalker was… an hour ago. | 而在火行者的案子里 也就是…1小时前 |
[36:21] | When we called your insurance company and decided to investigate. | 我们给你的保险公司打了电话 决定介入调查 |
[36:26] | Stand up,Baxter. | 站起来 Baxter |
[36:28] | You’re under arrest for insurance fraud. | 你因保险诈骗罪被捕了 |
[36:39] | From the Treasury Department,I come bearing gifts. | 我从财政部搞到些东西 |
[36:43] | Sonny’s safe deposit box. | Sonny的保险箱 |
[36:45] | Inside,a receipt for a plot,life insurance policy… | 里面有一个地皮的收据 人寿保险单 |
[36:53] | and a copy of his last physical. | 还有他最后一次体检的复印件 |
[36:58] | Blood in his urine… years ofulimia and pills… that guy was a mess. | 尿血…长年吃药…身体情况遭透了 |
[37:04] | Getting his affairs in order. | 他在安排后事 |
[37:06] | And look who he leftt all to. | 看看所有的遗产都留给了谁 |
[37:10] | Standard bow rake. | 标准的弓耙 |
[37:12] | One-inch width beeen each tooth. | 齿间距离一英寸 |
[37:14] | Same exact width between puncture wounds to the back of Sonny’s skull. | 和Sonny后脑的刺孔伤痕间距一样 |
[37:20] | Somebody brained your old man,Jose. | 有人打破了你老爸的脑壳 Jose |
[37:22] | A terrible way to go out. | 下手真够狠 |
[37:24] | Ever cross your mind your gaming might’ve cost your dad his life? | 有没有想过你赌博会搭上老爸的命 |
[37:27] | I told you,I cleaned up before that. | 我说过的 在那之前我就洗手不干了 |
[37:29] | Told us a lot of things,Jose. | 你说过很多事情 Jose |
[37:31] | Truth is you bet large on your dad,and it cost you big. | 可事实是你压了一大笔在老爸身上 结果却亏大了 |
[37:35] | e job with Baxter and a lot of coin. | 丢了工作 很多东西 |
[37:37] | Olman had to go,so you took him out with a rake like this. | 老家伙得死 所以你用类似这种的弓耙杀了他 |
[37:40] | Stable rake. | 马房里的耙子 |
[37:41] | Anyone at the track had access to that. | 马场里任何人都能拿到 |
[37:43] | Like Angel What I told you from the start. | – 比如说 Angelo – 我早就告诉过你 |
[37:47] | Angelo,who won that last race against your dad? | Angelo 就是在最后那次比赛 赢了你老爸的那个 |
[37:52] | Yeah. So? | 没错 那又如何? |
[37:53] | Angelo,who was like a son to him. | Angelo 你老爸视他如子 |
[37:56] | Cut from the same poor streets of Mexico. | 都来自墨西哥的贫民窟 |
[37:58] | Un verdadero Mexicano. | Un verdadero Mexicano(墨西哥地名) |
[38:00] | Wished he was his son.Anloloas a real man. | 你老爸希望他才是自己的儿子 Angelo是个真正的男人 |
[38:02] | A jockey. | 也是一位骑师 |
[38:03] | You… Americanized. | 而你…被美国化了 |
[38:05] | Too big to be a jockey.A gambler.Liar. | 太过高大无法当骑师 成了赌徒 小人 |
[38:09] | You did nothing but cost him. | 一事无成 只会从他那里索求 |
[38:11] | At least I wasn’t a scumbadrug addict. | 至少我不是个吸毒的败类 |
[38:16] | und Sonny’s life insurance policy. | 我们找到了Sonny的人寿保险单 |
[38:20] | Life insance?My old man? | 人寿保险? 我老爸的? |
[38:23] | Oh,yeah. | 是的 |
[38:25] | Guess who he left everything to? | 猜猜谁是受益人? |
[38:29] | And I’d be worried if my son was a compulsive gambler. | 如果儿子是个执迷不悟的赌徒 我会担心的 |
[38:32] | Why waste the money? | 留给他不是浪费钱嘛? |
[38:34] | It makes perfect sense who he left his money to.. | 这能说得通 把钱留给… |
[38:36] | – Yeah. – Who? Kristi? Angelo? | – 没错 – 留给谁? Kristi? Angelo? |
[38:39] | Firewalker?They all came before me. | 还是火行者? 反正轮不到我 |
[38:42] | He paid off your debts. | 他把你欠的债还清了 |
[38:43] | To save himself from embarrassment. | 那是为了他自己的面子 |
[38:45] | The great Sonny Sandoval couldn’t have a loser for a son. | 伟大的Sonny Sandoval可不能有个窝囊废儿子 |
[38:48] | If he’d just won that last race,you’d have been rollin’. | 如果他赢了那场比赛 你可就发达了 |
[38:51] | Damn right. | 对头 |
[38:52] | But no,he h to pull up. | 但是没有 他从中作梗 |
[38:54] | Just to make a point. | 那就说明一个问题 |
[38:56] | Yeah,that he never cared about me. | 是的 他从不关心我 |
[38:59] | You’re wrong,Jose. | 你错了 Jose |
[39:02] | The weight loss,injuries,pills– hatakekeits toll. | 体重下降 伤病 不停吃药–都事出有因 |
[39:07] | Sonny’s inteal organs were shutting down. | Sonny的内部器官正在衰竭 |
[39:09] | Your pop was making plans to take care of those he left behind. | 你老爸在筹备后事 为的是安顿好亲人 |
[39:15] | My father was dying? | 他当时快不行了? |
[39:18] | yeah Still managed to make that last payment,though. | 对 但他仍设法做最后的补偿 |
[39:22] | And you were sole beneficiary. | 而你就是唯一的受益人 |
[39:26] | Left you $3 million. | 留给你300万美元 |
[39:29] | Even after all you put him through… | 即使被你逼到那种地步… |
[39:33] | …he still loved you,Jose. | …他仍然爱着你 Jose |
[39:41] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白… |
[39:43] | Why couldn’t he just tell me? | 他为什么不直接告诉我? |
[39:58] | You happy now? | 现在你高兴了? |
[40:00] | I’m free,mijo. | 我自由了 Mijo |
[40:03] | I borrowed ten G’s. | 我借了1万美元 |
[40:05] | What? | 什么? |
[40:07] | You promised me,Jose.You gave myoyo word. | 你向我发过誓的 Jose 承诺过 |
[40:09] | I bet itll on you… to win. | 我赌你…会赢 |
[40:12] | Mijo,why? | 儿子 为什么这么做? |
[40:14] | When was the last time you bet on me,Poppa? | 你最后一次对我抱有希望是什么时候 爸爸? |
[40:16] | Son? | 儿子? |
[40:18] | – You’re sick,oka u need help. – Then help me! | – 你病了 需要帮助 – 来帮我啊! |
[40:21] | – I tried. – You tried? | – 我努力了 – 努力? |
[40:23] | By-by-by tanking the race so that Angelo could win?! | 努力在比赛中作弊从而让Angelo赢?! |
[40:27] | I’m your son!Not Angelo! | 我才是你的儿子! Angelo可不是! |
[40:28] | I-I couldn’t win another race for Baxter after what he did to Firewalker. | 在Baxter对火行者做了那些事后 我-我是不会为他去赢得比赛的 |
[40:31] | But I’m the one that pays. | 但最终亏本的是我 |
[40:33] | Poppa,it cost me money and a job! | 爸爸 我的钱和工作都没了! |
[40:37] | I have failed you. | 让你失望了 |
[40:40] | I did not want this life for you. | 我不想你过这样的生活 |
[40:42] | Wanted you to be better than me. | 想让你过得比我好 |
[40:45] | I made so many mistakes. | 我犯了那么多错误 |
[40:49] | It’s time everyone knows the truth,okay?These horses deserve bette and so do jockeys. | 是时候把真相大白于天下了 对吧? 这些马和骑师都应受到更好的待遇 |
[40:53] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[40:55] | Poppa,f you do that,they blackball me.I’ll never be hired as a trainer again! | 如果你说出实话 他们会排挤我的 我就再也不能做驯马师了! |
[40:58] | – No,you’ll get help.It’ll be okay.Trust me. – No,no,Poppa. | – 不 你会得到帮助 没事的 相信我 – 不 不 爸爸 |
[41:00] | Dot worry.I will take care of everything,mijo.You’ll see. | 别担心 我会安排好一切 孩子 你会明白的 |
[41:02] | I’m so sick… I’m so sick and tired of waing for you! | 我受够了…受够了 我受不了一直等你! |
[41:16] | (“Samba Pa Ti” by Santana playing) |