时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | ******* | 故事纯属虚构 并无影射任何真人真事 |
[00:09] | *** | 1944年 特拉华州维明顿 |
[00:12] | (“The U.S. Air Force” plays) | |
[00:24] | Farmer’s putting on a real show. | 农民是要来真的了 |
[00:29] | Must have used up his gas dusting his crops. | 一定是想用飞机为庄稼撒药吧 |
[00:33] | Rations run out?Coming to the base for handouts? | 粮食吃完了? 来基地领救济? |
[00:40] | Oh,man,not another one. | 哦 伙计 不 又来了一个 |
[00:45] | Bad enough we got to deal with ’em at home. | 在家时她们就够难缠的了 |
[00:47] | Now they’re taking over the base,too? | 现在她们还要来基地搅和? |
[00:48] | War’s got this whole country turned upside-down. | 这场仗把整个国家搞乱了 |
[00:55] | Miss Lynn,I presume. | Lynn小姐 是你吧 |
[00:57] | Reporting for duty,ma’am. | 前来报到 长官 |
[00:58] | Miss Lynn thinks she’s an HP,ladies. | Lynn小姐觉得她自己是个HP 女士们 |
[01:01] | That right? | 是吗? |
[01:03] | – Think you’re a hot pilot? – Not an HP,ma’am.A Miss HP. | – 觉得你是精英飞行员(缩写为HP)? – 不是HP 长官 是HP小姐 |
[01:09] | Army won’t tolerate tardiness or grandstanding. | 军队里决不容忍迟到和哗众取宠 |
[01:13] | Neither will I. | 我也不能 |
[01:15] | You girls have the honor and privilege to be of the first women trained by the Army Air Force. | 你们有幸成为第一批接受陆军飞行队 训练的女性 |
[01:20] | You may be good pilots,Miss HP,but here,you’ll learn to fly the Army way. | 你也许是不错的飞行员 HP小姐 但在这儿 你将学会像军人一样飞行 |
[01:30] | Captain James. | James上尉 |
[01:32] | Ladies,you either check out with me,or you wash out. | 女士们 你们要么通过测试 要么被淘汰 |
[01:36] | Fail your check flights,can’t pass ground school,have an attitude– I will wash you out. | 飞行考试没过 不能通过文化考试 使小性子–我都会淘汰你 |
[01:44] | Captain. | 上尉 |
[01:47] | Hey,can you teach me to fly like that? | 你刚才是怎么飞的 能教教我吗? |
[01:51] | Say,if you’re giving out free lessons,sign me up,too. | 嘿 你要是免费授课 也加我一个 |
[01:54] | Just ’cause cowgirl can dust a few crops doesn’t mean she can handle a supercharged V-12 Army plane. | 一个农民能用飞机撒撒种子 不代表她就能驾驭机械增压V-12战机 |
[02:00] | Oh,hell,if it’s got wings and an engine,I can fly it. | 是吗 只要它有翅膀和引擎 我就能驾驭 |
[02:47] | Must be hard making ends meet since PMI canned you. | 自从宾夕法尼亚军事学院(PMI)开除你后 日子一定很拮据吧 |
[02:50] | Detective,to what do I owe the pleasure? | 警探 什么风把您吹来了? |
[02:53] | You here for a loan? | 你来贷款吗? |
[02:55] | Wonder if the good people at Emerson Mutual know who they’re considering giving money to. | 我只想看看Emerson共同基金的那些好人 是否知道他们资助哪些人 |
[02:59] | You’re kidding me,right? | 你开玩笑吧? |
[03:02] | Attempted homicide of a police officer. | 意图谋杀警察 |
[03:05] | Now,that’s got to hurt your FICO score. | 这绝对会影响你的个人信用评估 |
[03:07] | Cute trick,putting the boot on my car. | 真妙 暗地跟踪我 |
[03:10] | You just don’t know when to quit,do you? | 你就是不知道什么时候该放手 是吗? |
[03:12] | Hard time making those payments from jail. | 要是进了监狱你就难还这些债了 |
[03:15] | You sure you want to do this? | 你确定你要这么做? |
[03:18] | You’d be surprised what I can do,Moe. | 我能做的比你想的多得多 Moe |
[03:30] | Alarm clock broke? | 闹钟坏了? |
[03:33] | Had to go to the bank.What have we got? | 有事去了银行 发现什么了? |
[03:37] | Environmental group’s trying to turn the reservoir into a bird sanctuary. | 环保组织想把这个水库改造成鸟类保护区 |
[03:42] | Consultant found this P-51 Mustang with skeletal remains. | 顾问发现这架P-51野马战机 其中还有骨骸 二战中盟军最优秀的全能活塞动力战斗机 击落4950 架敌机 占美国陆军航空军 在欧洲上空击落总数的48.9% |
[03:46] | Oh,that’s some bird. | 真是只大鸟 |
[03:49] | Mustang was a WWII combat plane. | 野马是二战战机 |
[03:51] | My father flew one in the war. | 我父亲二战时就驾驶过这种战机 |
[03:54] | – Who’s the pilot? – Vivian… Lynn. | – 飞行员是谁? |
[03:57] | Female pilot in WWII? | 二战有女飞行员? |
[03:58] | Vivian was a member of the WASP– Women Airforce Service Pilots. | Vivian是WASP的成员-陆军女子空运服务驾驶员 |
[04:02] | – Veterans Affairs says one of ’em went missing in 1944. – Guess we found her. | – 退伍军人事务处说有个成员在1944年失踪了 – 看来我们找到她了 |
[04:06] | I thought women pilots weren’t accepted in the military till the ’70s. | 我以为70年代后军队才招收女飞行员 |
[04:10] | WASP weren’t military. | WASP不是军人 |
[04:11] | They flew as civilians on non-combat missions. | 她们以平民身份执行非作战任务 |
[04:14] | CSU found this waterproof rucksack stashed in the wing’s bullet compartment. | 鉴证科在机翼弹药库里发现这个防水背包 |
[04:19] | What kind of mission you need a skirt and heels for? | 哪种任务还需要穿裙子和高跟鞋? |
[04:22] | And no one saw the plane go down? | 没人看见飞机坠毁吗? |
[04:24] | STILLMAN: Area was mostly farmland back in ’44,but the NTSB said her oil and coolant lines were switched. | 1944年这里还是农田 但国家运输安全局的人 说油管和冷凝管被对调了 |
[04:31] | Looking at a case of sabotage. | 看来这是一起蓄意谋杀 |
[04:35] | Someone wanted this flier grounded. | |
[05:05] | COLD CASE Season 7 Episode 05 | |
[05:10] | Vivian Lynn,22 years old,grew up on a farm in Belle Plaine,Iowa. | Vivian Lynn 22岁 在爱荷华州 Belle Plaine的一个农场长大 |
[05:15] | Here. | 我看看 |
[05:17] | Flew a crop duster for her family. | 在家时驾驶过喷药飞机 |
[05:19] | Applied for the WASP program in ’43. | 1943年被WASP项目录取 |
[05:23] | Young Betties in a cockpit. | 驾驶舱里的小美人 |
[05:25] | Think I would have heard of ’em before now. | 我怎么早没听说过她们 |
[05:26] | Vivian was stationed in Wilmington,Delaware,at New Castle Army Air Base. | Vivian被派到特拉华州的维明顿 纽卡斯尔陆军航空队基地 |
[05:30] | She took off June 2,1944,at 0600 hours to deliver the P-51 to… | 她于1944年6月2日凌晨6点起飞 将P-51运送至… |
[05:36] | Camp Davis in North Carolina? | 北卡罗莱纳的戴维斯营地? |
[05:39] | Declared missing in service when she never showed. | 因为没有着陆 被申报为执行任务中失踪 |
[05:42] | Army searched for her plane till July. | 陆军直到7月才停止寻找她的飞机 |
[05:44] | The orders were to fly south,but her plane was in Philly,so why was she traveling north? | 任务是向南飞 但她的飞机坠毁在费城 为什么向北飞? |
[05:49] | Back then,most planes didn’t have radar.Some of them didn’t even have radios. | 那时候 大多数飞机都没有雷达 有些甚至连无线电都没有 |
[05:52] | You couldn’t track a plane once it was in the air. | 只要飞机起飞你就没办法追踪了 |
[05:55] | So,Vivian was bucking her orders?Flying somewhere else? | Vivian是在违反命令?要去别的地方? |
[05:57] | Doer had access to her plane. | 凶犯一定能接近飞机 |
[05:59] | Knew how to switch coolant and oil lines.Could be a mechanic. | 知道如何调换冷凝管和油管 也许是机械师 |
[06:03] | Can’t imagine the men were too happy sharing their base. | 没法想象男人能开开心心看着 他们的基地被侵占 |
[06:05] | I’ll check the records for anyone fits the bill. | 我去查查有没有符合描述的对象 |
[06:07] | Ask the base for flight schedules,accident reports. | 要求基地提供飞行计划和事故报告 |
[06:10] | Bunkmate was Betty Joe Henders. | 室友是Betty Joe Henders |
[06:13] | Lives in Germantown. | 在德国城住 |
[06:15] | If anyone had a beef with Vivian,she’d know. | 如果有人和Vivian有矛盾 她应该知道 |
[06:18] | – Can’t wait to meet one of these Betties. – Slow down; just slow down,Pops. | – 真想见见这些女飞人 – 慢点 慢点 爸爸 |
[06:20] | I mean,what do you mean,money’s missing from your account? | 你说什么 你账户里的钱不见了? |
[06:23] | Well,what do you want me to do?Ask Ma. | 你想要我干嘛? 问问妈 |
[06:28] | Yeah,I’m at work.I’ll-I’ll call you back. | 是 我在上班 我再打过去吧 |
[06:34] | I found the WASP C.O.– Iris Keening. | 我找到了WASP主管–Iris Keening |
[06:37] | Still in Wilmington,Delaware. | 还在特拉华的维明顿 |
[06:39] | Headed up the search party for Vivian herself. | 就是她带头寻找Vivian的 |
[06:41] | Well,go have a talk,see if she can shed some light on why Vivian was flying over the City of Brotherly Love. | 去找她谈谈 看她是否知道为什么 Vivian会飞过兄弟友爱之城(费城别名) |
[06:57] | Army said winds caused the crash,but that girl could have flown through a tornado and been in the mess hall at chowtime. | 陆军说是风导致了坠毁 但那女孩有能力 穿过龙卷风 赶在饭点前到食堂 |
[07:04] | You headed up the search party? | 你组织了搜寻队? |
[07:06] | 38 girls died in crashes during the two years the program was up and running. | 在两年的项目实施中 38个女孩坠机 |
[07:11] | – Brave women. – Pioneers. | – 勇敢的女性 – 先驱者 |
[07:13] | Knew if they failed,no women after them would stand a chance. | 她们知道如果她们失败了 女性就不会再有这个机会了 |
[07:18] | Who would have had access to Vivian’s plane? | 谁能接近Vivian的飞机? |
[07:20] | Known how to switch the lines? | 知道怎么调换线路? |
[07:23] | Hmm,mechanics,instructors,all the pilots. | 机械师 教官 所有飞行员 |
[07:26] | Any ideas why she was flying off course? | 知道她为什么不按航线行驶吗? |
[07:30] | Rumor was she had a boyfriend. | 有传言说她有个男朋友 |
[07:32] | City slicker in Manhattan. | 曼哈顿的城里人 |
[07:35] | Remember a name? | 记得名字吗? |
[07:37] | Vivian wasn’t like the other gals. | Vivian不像其他的女孩 |
[07:40] | Showed up late to her first day,hotdoggin’ in her own crop duster. | 报到第一天就迟到 驾着自己的喷药机卖弄 |
[07:44] | Attitude didn’t get her washed out? | 这样的态度没让她被淘汰? |
[07:45] | Can’t wash out your best pilot. | 总不能淘汰你最好的飞行员吧 |
[07:48] | I needed her on the schedule. | 我需要她在队伍里 |
[07:50] | Anyone you think of had a problem with her? | 你觉得谁会跟她过不去呢? |
[07:52] | Vivian had a habit of rubbing people the wrong way. | Vivian有个习惯让别人很看不惯 |
[07:55] | Hate to say it,but “Miss HP” only cared about one person– herself. | 我不想这么说 可HP小姐只关心一个人-她自己 |
[08:02] | (lively intro to “Pistol Packin’ Mama” plays) | |
[08:05] | *Lay that pistol down,babe,lay that pistol down * | |
[08:10] | *Pistol packin’ mama* *Lay that pistol down * | |
[08:16] | *Oh,drinkin’ beer in a cabaret * | |
[08:19] | *Was I havin’ fun * | |
[08:22] | *Until one night she caught me right * | |
[08:24] | *Now I’m on the run * | |
[08:26] | *Oh,lay that pistol down,babe * | |
[08:29] | *Lay that pistol down * | |
[08:31] | *Pistol packin’ mama…* | |
[08:33] | Edna! | |
[08:35] | Come on,give her some oxygen. | 快 给她吸氧 |
[08:37] | There you go. There you go. Just breathe. | 好了 好了 吸气 |
[08:40] | *We got no pals * | |
[08:42] | *They don’t like the way we play * | |
[08:45] | *We’re a rough rootin’ tootin’ shootin’ trio * | |
[08:48] | *But you oughta see my sister Cleo * | |
[08:50] | *She’s a terror,make no error…* | |
[08:52] | Lynn,you’ve set a new record. | Lynn小姐 你刷新了记录 |
[08:53] | All for one* Huh,Viv* Reckon you could have at least given her a hand. | – 团结如一人 Viv – 你至少应该帮帮忙 |
[08:57] | Somebody’s got to fly the plane for you nurses. | 总有人得为你们这些护士开飞机吧 |
[09:02] | She wasn’t interested in making friends. | 她对交朋友不感兴趣 |
[09:04] | Each week,the WASP flight scores were posted on a chart. | 每周WASP的飞行成绩都会列在表格上 |
[09:08] | And Vivian wanted to be on top. | Vivian想占据榜首 |
[09:10] | Wouldn’t settle for anything less. | 只有这能满足她 |
[09:13] | Gonna need a list of those WASP.Their instructor,too. | 我们需要一张WASP的名单 还有她们教官的名单 |
[09:16] | It’s all in my book. | 都在我的书里 |
[09:18] | Listed alphabetically in the appendix. | 在附录里按字母排出来了 |
[09:27] | “Happy landings always. | “顺利着陆” |
[09:28] | ” What we WASP say instead of good-bye. | WASP用这个代替再见 |
[09:36] | Betty Joe Henders? | |
[09:42] | Y’all call me Grammy. | 叫我Grammy |
[09:44] | Everybody else does. | 其他人都这么叫 |
[09:47] | You were a pursuit pilot,right? | 你是个战斗机飞行员 是吗? |
[09:49] | Lifetime ago.Never fit in those itty-bitty cockpits now. | 那是很久以前了 现在我可塞不进那小驾驶舱了 |
[09:53] | You understand. | 你看的出来 |
[09:54] | Detectives Jeffries,Vera. | 我是Jeffries警探 这是Vera |
[09:56] | You were Vivian Lynn’s bunkmate at New Castle Airbase? | 你在纽卡斯尔基地时 是Vivian Lynn的室友? |
[10:00] | Haven’t heard that name in ages. | 好多年没听过这个名字了 |
[10:03] | Detectives? | 警探? |
[10:04] | Thought bad weather caused the crash. | 我以为是因为天气原因导致了坠机 |
[10:06] | How’d you two get along? | 你们两个相处的怎么样? |
[10:08] | Peas in a pod. | 我们很相像 |
[10:10] | Both from small towns,poor families. | 都来自小城镇 家里不富裕 |
[10:13] | You fly a crop duster,too? | 你也开过喷药机? |
[10:15] | I took the Army’s civil course for my pilot’s license. | 我上了陆军民校 拿到飞行证 |
[10:19] | Had to beg my cousin Donald for the last sawbuck just to afford the classes. | 求着我表兄Donald才借到最后10块钱学费 |
[10:24] | When was the last time you saw Vivian? | 你最后一次见到Vivian是什么时候? |
[10:27] | Day or two before she disappeared. | 她失踪前一两天 |
[10:28] | She ever talk about going to New York,meet a boyfriend? | 她从没说过去纽约见男朋友? |
[10:31] | Gals were all khaki wacky,but not Viv. | 那时候女孩都喜欢追逐当兵的 但Viv不是 |
[10:36] | ‘Course we didn’t call the base The Snake Pit for nothing. | 我们管基地叫蛇窝不是没道理 |
[10:41] | (“Sing,Sing,Sing” playing) | |
[10:44] | Kick the tires and light the fires.I’m on a roll. | 发动引擎全力上升 我正连战连胜呢 |
[10:46] | – You want to go again? – Game’s making me thirsty. | – 想再来一局吗? – 玩这个让我觉得口渴 |
[10:48] | Think I’ll get some juice. | 我去拿杯果汁喝 |
[10:51] | Suit yourself,Louise. | 随便你吧 Louise |
[10:53] | What do you say,Edna? | 你觉得怎么样 Edna? |
[10:54] | Can’t you let her win just once? | 你就不能让她赢一次吗? |
[10:56] | Don’t see any of them flyboys throwing a game. | 没见那些男孩们来挑战啊 |
[10:59] | So? | 那又怎么样? |
[11:00] | Army’s made it clear,we ain’t one of ’em. | 陆军说得很清楚 我们不属于他们 |
[11:03] | Doing the same job,not getting paid near as much. | 干一样的活 钱拿的却少得多 |
[11:05] | It won’t change either,till we show them we’re as tough as they are. | 除非我们证明自己跟他们一样强 不然永远不会改变 |
[11:09] | Tougher even. | 甚至更强 |
[11:14] | You need a lesson there,doll? | 要我给你上一课吗 洋娃娃? |
[11:18] | You can call me Wolf. | 你可以叫我Wolf |
[11:20] | I could teach you a thing or two– you see,it’s,it’s all in the wrist. | 我可以教你一两招–瞧 关键是手腕 |
[11:25] | Gosh,are you a real-life pilot? | 天啊 你是个真正的飞行员吗? |
[11:27] | Shouldn’t even be telling you this.Loose lips sink ships and all. | 我本不该说 口风不紧会误大事 |
[11:33] | I fly the B-26. | 我开B-26轰炸机 二战中美国最受争议的机型之一 因飞行员和地勤人员对双发飞机缺少经验 导致B-26使用之初发生多起飞行事故 |
[11:35] | See,they call it the Widow Maker ’cause the last three pilots… | 瞧 他们把它称为寡妇制造者 因为最近3个飞行员… |
[11:40] | – bought the farm.- “The Widow Maker”– that sounds dangerous. | – 都死了 – “寡妇制造者”-听起来很危险 |
[11:43] | Say,you’re not married,are you? | 再说 你没结婚 是吗? |
[11:44] | You know,I’m looking for somebody to fill the position.Maybe you’d like to apply. | 知道吗 我在找人填补这个空缺 也许你愿意应征 |
[11:48] | – Getting ahead of yourself,flyboy. – You ain’t seen nothin’ yet. | – 自己加油吧 飞行小子 – 你还不明白 |
[11:50] | Hey,get your meat hooks off of me! | 嘿 把你的猪手拿开! |
[11:59] | You’re gonna regret that,little miss. | 你会后悔的 小丫头 |
[12:10] | Wolf was lathered up,all right. | Wolf当时太兴奋了 |
[12:12] | Wasn’t taking no for an answer. | 不接受别人的拒绝 |
[12:14] | He know Vivian was a WASP? | 他知道Vivian是一名WASP? |
[12:16] | Lordy no,we were in our civvies due to the fundamental dislike of a woman in uniform. | 当然不 我们穿便服是因为基地 不喜欢女人穿制服 |
[12:22] | This Wolf got a real name? | 知道这个Wolf的真名吗? |
[12:24] | Just knew him as Wolf. | 只知道他叫Wolf |
[12:25] | Us girls kept a “Naughty and Nice” list by the phone. | 女孩子用电话来记谁好谁坏 |
[12:29] | Vivian put him on the Naughty side and no one went near that animal again. | Vivian把他放到坏的那边 就再也没人靠近那只野兽了 |
[12:34] | One pilot with the call sign Wolf. | 有个飞行员的飞行呼号叫 Wolf |
[12:36] | – Herbert James. – Herbert? | |
[12:39] | No wonder he preferred Wolf. | 难怪他喜欢Wolf这个名字 |
[12:41] | Any relation to Frank James,the WASPs’ instructor? | 和Frank James, WASP的教官有什么关系? |
[12:44] | Brothers.Whole family of flyboys. | 是兄弟 整个家族都是飞行员 |
[12:46] | Guy had a real problem with women. | 那家伙和女人相处不好 |
[12:48] | There’s,uh,five charges of misconduct. | 又 嗯 有5项行为不端的指控 |
[12:51] | Way of saying “sexual harassment” back in the day. | 就是以前对”性骚扰”的称呼 |
[12:54] | Vivian goes missing two weeks after Wolf harassed her at the all-ranks club on base. | Vivian在基地全衔酒吧被Wolf骚扰 2周后就失踪了 |
[12:59] | He was completing his final flight test that day. | 他那天在完成最后的飞行测试 |
[13:02] | Would’ve had access to the hangar. | 也许有机会进机库 |
[13:04] | Maybe Wolf decided he wasn’t gonna be the only one to crash and burn. | 也许Wolf认为他不会是唯一 一个机毁人亡的人 |
[13:26] | You want to explain this complaint? | 你能解释一下这个投诉吗? |
[13:28] | It was filed with Internal Affairs last night,by Moe Kitchener. | 这是昨晚Moe Kitchener在内务部填的 |
[13:33] | We aren’t doing our jobs if we don’t get some complaints,right? | 只要我们干活 准会有人投诉 不是吗? |
[13:35] | Situation’s interfering with your job,Lil. | Lil 这个妨碍了你的工作 |
[13:37] | It wouldn’t be if the judge did his job. | 如果法官尽职了就不会 |
[13:39] | I understand what you’re going through. | 我明白你受苦了 |
[13:41] | But Doherty’s looking for excuses like this. | 但Doherty在找借口 |
[13:43] | The whole division is under scrutiny. | 整个部门都在被调查中 |
[13:46] | – I hear you,boss. – Good. | – 我知道了 老大 – 很好 |
[14:07] | You’re a hard man to find,Herbert. | 找你还真难啊 Herbert |
[14:10] | Kicked out of five retirement homes for spreading a VD. | 因传播性病 被5家养老院赶了出来 |
[14:14] | Four retirement homes. | 4家 |
[14:16] | And it was those broads gave that VD to me. | 都是那些女人把性病传染给我 |
[14:17] | I… d-don’t wanna hear it. | 我不想听这些 |
[14:19] | Spend much time at the bar when you were stationed at New Castle,Wolf? | Wolf 你驻扎纽卡斯尔时经常流连酒吧? |
[14:23] | New Castle,sure.There was some nice scenery. | 纽卡斯尔 当然 那风景不错 |
[14:25] | Vivian Lynn part of that scenery? | Vivian Lynn 也是风景之一? |
[14:27] | Vivian Lynn– the gal that disappeared in the Mustang,right? | Vivian Lynn-开着野马战机失踪的女孩 是吗? |
[14:30] | Mustang took a nose dive in the Roxborough Reservoir. | 野马战机俯冲进了Roxborough水库 |
[14:34] | Wasn’t an accident after all. | 但不是意外 |
[14:35] | Now,wait a second.You saying I had something to do with it? | 等等 你是说我和这事有关? |
[14:37] | Heard she gave you quite the spanking two weeks before she crashed. | 听说她坠机前2周给了你一耳光 |
[14:40] | Pulls a Little Red Riding Hood on you,you gotta show her who’s boss. | 给你带了顶小红帽 你要给她点颜色看看 |
[14:43] | Oh,you got it all wrong,fellas. | 哦 你搞错了 伙计 |
[14:45] | Even a wolf knows you don’t bite the hand that feeds you. | 就算是狼也知道不要忘恩负义 |
[14:47] | (“Does Everyone Know About This?” playing) | |
[14:50] | Come on,Frank. | 过来 Frank |
[14:51] | Let me skip this one lesson.You know,if you can’t do a favor for your own brother… | 让我跳过这一课 如果你不帮亲兄弟一把… |
[14:54] | I do favors for you,how you gonna learn responsibility? | 我帮你好多次了 你怎么才能有点责任心啊? |
[14:56] | The Widow Maker’s a flying coffin. | 寡妇制造者可是副飞行棺材 |
[14:58] | You want to send another telegram home to Ma? | 你想再给妈妈送封电报? |
[15:00] | Charlie ain’t even cold yet. | Charlie尸骨还未寒呢 |
[15:02] | Ma ain’t losing another son,Wolf.You’re not gonna crash. | 妈妈不会再失去孩子的 Wolf 你不会坠机的 |
[15:04] | Won’t even get a chance to drop a bomb on them Krauts. | 都没机会朝德国鬼子扔炸弹 |
[15:07] | Last three guys landed in a smoking hole! | 上次那3个家伙可是摔得粉身碎骨 |
[15:10] | Three guys but no women. | 3个男的 可不是女的 |
[15:11] | Viv,you just earned the first perfect score on the B-26. | Viv 在B-26的飞行测试中第一个获得满分 |
[15:16] | She’s a pilot? | 她是飞行员? |
[15:17] | She’ll be teaching you to fly The Widow Maker.Vivian,meet your next student– my brother Wolf. | 她会教你开寡妇制造者 Vivian来见见你的下个学生–我兄弟Wolf |
[15:22] | Wolf,huh?Now,how’d you get a name like that? | Wolf 嗯? 你怎么会有个这样的名? |
[15:25] | You got any tips for him? | 有什么提示告诉他? |
[15:27] | He’s fixing to wet his flight suit. | 练到他飞行服湿透 |
[15:28] | Oh,it’s all in the wrist,flyboy. | 哦 都是靠手腕 飞行小子 |
[15:31] | IRIS: Nice score,Miss HP! | 分数很好 HP小姐! |
[15:33] | Puts you at the top of the chart.Uh,ya’ll know what that means. | 让你名列榜首 你知道这代表什么 |
[15:36] | We have got one hot pilot! | 我们有个精英飞行员了! |
[15:39] | Better cool her off! | 最好将她冷却下! |
[15:41] | No… no! | 不… 不! |
[15:43] | Come on!…two,three! | 来!…2 3! |
[15:56] | I gotta admit,she was a pretty good teacher. | 我得承认 她是个不错的老师 |
[15:58] | Never lost her cool. | 从来不会丧失冷静 |
[16:00] | Can’t say the that for the rest of them. | 对其他的人来说可不一定 |
[16:01] | – What do you mean? – Girls didn’t belong on that base. | – 你什么意思? – 女孩们不属于基地 |
[16:04] | Weren’t meant to be pilots. | 但飞行员却不同 |
[16:06] | Sounds like you were still trying to get even. | 听起来好像你还想报复 |
[16:08] | With Frank around?Are you kidding? | 在Frank身边? 开什么玩笑? |
[16:10] | Two Type-A pilots,match made in Army heaven. | 两个都是A级飞行员 在军中是绝配 |
[16:14] | Saying your brother had a thing for Vivian? | 是说你哥哥对Vivian有好感? |
[16:16] | Well,I didn’t know it at the time but yeah,he was stuck on her. | 我当时不知道 但是 没错 他迷上了她 |
[16:19] | – How long? – Few weeks. | – 多久? – 就几周 |
[16:21] | He was an officer,I was a cadet.I had to stand down. | 他是军官 我是学员 我得退出 |
[16:23] | Besides,bros before hos,huh? | 另外 朋友如手足 女人如衣裳 是吧? |
[16:35] | New Castle archive department can’t locate the flight logs or the monthly records. | 纽卡斯尔档案部没找到飞行日志 或每月记录 |
[16:39] | Got mechanics records but most of them are pushing daisies. | 找到些机械师的记录 但大多数人都已去世 |
[16:43] | Looked into the 38 WASP killed in wrecks. | 查了下在事故中死去的38位WASP |
[16:45] | Edna Reed. | |
[16:47] | Accident report say anything about her lines being switched? | 是否有调查报告说她的线路被切换? |
[16:50] | Burned pistons.Looking like routine mechanical failure. | 活塞被烧焦 好像是常规机械故障 |
[16:54] | I,uh,heard about the IAB. | 我听内务部说了 |
[16:58] | Moe’s complaint. | Moe投诉了 |
[17:00] | Oh,uh,hmm,got him on the ropes. | 哦 他快完蛋了 |
[17:03] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:07] | You headed somewhere? | 你去哪? |
[17:09] | Uh,taking lost time. | 哦 浪费时间 |
[17:11] | Everything okay? | 没事吧? |
[17:12] | Sure,yeah,it’s nothing. | 当然 没事 |
[17:17] | wh-what color does this look like to you? | 你觉得这是什么颜色? |
[17:20] | Call it rucksack gray. | 帆布灰 |
[17:23] | Mind if I borrow that? | 介意给我用下吗? |
[17:36] | Hey,Ma. | 嗨 妈 |
[17:38] | Scotty,what are you doing here? | Scotty 你来干嘛? |
[17:40] | I was just driving past,saw you walking out of the doctor’s.Everything okay? | 我刚巧开车经过 看到你来看医生 没事吧? |
[17:45] | Uh,yeah,I just had to,uh,take Mrs.Melztner,to,uh,Dr.Kantor’s office. | 当然我把Melztner夫人 带到Kantor医生那 |
[17:52] | You were in Suite 4A,right? | 你去了4A室是不? |
[17:55] | Says Dr. Ruben on the directory. | 那是Ruben医生的地址 |
[17:58] | Just driving by,huh? | 你只是刚巧开车经过? |
[18:00] | Are you sick,Ma? | 你是不是病了 妈妈? |
[18:02] | You following me like some kind of criminal? | 你把我当罪犯样跟着? |
[18:05] | Just… tell me what’s going on. | 你就 告诉我怎么回事 |
[18:09] | I’ve got a bad knee; that’s it. | 我膝盖不好 就这样 |
[18:13] | Then why you paying in cash? | 那你为什么要付现金? |
[18:17] | What is this,the third degree? | 这是什么 逼供? |
[18:20] | Are you a cop or are you my son? | 你到底是警察还是我儿子? |
[18:24] | Mi hijo… Will you trust me? | 我的儿子(西班牙语)…你相信我吗? |
[18:30] | I’m fine. It’s just my knee. | 我很好 就是膝盖有点问题 |
[18:36] | Remember… how I could make everything better with a Rice Krispy treat? | 记得吗…我只用萨其马就搞定了一切? |
[18:46] | – Bye,sweetie. – Bye,Ma. | – 再见 宝贝 – 再见 妈 |
[19:00] | You close with Vivian Lynn,Frank? | 你和Vivian Lynn很亲密 Frank? |
[19:03] | She was my best student,ma’am. | 她是我最好的学生 女士 |
[19:06] | She something more than that? | 不止这些吧? |
[19:08] | Well,I guess you could say we were an item. | 我想你可以说我们是一对 |
[19:11] | I kept it quiet ’cause I was her instructor. | 我保持沉默 因为我是她的教官 |
[19:15] | What’s this about? | 是什么事? |
[19:16] | Vivian’s plane was sabotaged. | Vivian的飞机是被蓄意破坏的 |
[19:19] | Your girl was flying off course,Frank.Do you know why? | 你女友的飞机飞离了航向 Frank 你知道为什么吗? |
[19:22] | She was an ace navigator. | 她是个杰出的导航员 |
[19:25] | Male pilots used to follow her back to the base. | 男飞行员还常跟在她后面回基地 |
[19:27] | She was the only one who could always find her way. | 她是唯一在任何条件下都能找到方向的人 |
[19:30] | Chance she was flying to meet a new steady? | 她是否可能飞去见新情人? |
[19:32] | Oh,no,ma’am. | 哦 不 女士 |
[19:34] | A lot of things can go wrong in a relationship… | 情侣间很容易出错… |
[19:37] | spirited girl like that. | 像那样活泼的女孩 |
[19:38] | Look here,I loved Vivian. | 听着 我爱Vivian |
[19:41] | I admired her for what she was doing for her country. | 我钦佩她对国家做的贡献 |
[19:44] | They weren’t all as patriotic. | 不全是因为爱国 |
[19:47] | (“You Go to My Head” playing) | |
[19:51] | Thought I’d find you here. | 就知道我会在这找到你 |
[19:55] | Never seen anything like it. | 从没见过这个 |
[19:58] | One of a kind. | 其中的一架 |
[20:00] | Who do you think they’ll let fly it? | 你觉得他们会让谁飞这个? |
[20:02] | Know anyone with perfect scores? | 认识哪个满分记录的飞行员吗? |
[20:11] | I fly this,I might just break the sound barrier someday. | 如果我来开 肯定能超音速飞行 |
[20:15] | Flipped your wig? | 你不害怕? |
[20:16] | No one can survive flying 750 miles an hour,Viv. | Viv 没人能在750英里时速下生存 |
[20:20] | Your heart’ll seize up. | 你心脏会停止跳动 |
[20:24] | I know you miss your baby brother. | 我知道你想念你的宝贝兄弟 |
[20:25] | This isn’t about Charlie,Viv. | 这不关Charlie的事 Viv |
[20:27] | But you can’t protect everyone. | 但你没办法保护所有人 |
[20:32] | The day my dad shipped out,he wasn’t scared at all. | 我爸爸出发时 他一点都不害怕 |
[20:36] | But I was. | 但我怕得要死 |
[20:40] | Must’ve been a first for you. | 对你来说 一定是第一次吧 |
[20:45] | He used to say we’d travel with the wind and the stars. | 他常说我们可以披星随风地飞行 |
[20:50] | This just might get me there. | 这家伙也许会送我到那里 |
[20:52] | I’ll take that trip,if you’re piloting. | 如果你来驾驶 我就跟着你去 |
[20:55] | Viv!Betty Joe?!Get your scrawny ass out here! | – Betty Joe?! 快滚过来! |
[21:01] | You been ripping my ration books?! | 你撕烂了我得配给票证簿! |
[21:03] | Next time I won’t just tear ’em up,I’ll report you. | 下次我可不光撕 我会上报 |
[21:06] | You best not be threatening me! | 你最好别恐吓我! |
[21:07] | Stealing ration books,you might as well be taking bullets from our boys’ guns. | 偷配给票证簿 你也许就要挨枪子了 |
[21:11] | There a problem,ladies? | 怎么了 姑娘们? |
[21:16] | I wash out… sure as hell gonna be. | 如果我被淘汰…有你受的 |
[21:30] | I always thought Betty Joe was a harmless Southern belle. | 我先前一直认为Betty Joe是个 甜美的南方佳丽 |
[21:35] | She was profiteering. | 她在搞投机牟利 |
[21:37] | The war caused shortages– coffee,food,gasoline. | 战争引发了物资短缺-咖啡 食物 汽油 |
[21:42] | Had to have a government ration book to buy them. | 必须拿着政府配给票证簿才能买到它们 |
[21:45] | If anyone had gotten wind of what she was doing,she’d have been tried for treason. | 如果东窗事发 她就会被控叛国罪 |
[21:49] | Betty Joe didn’t wash out,did she? | Betty Joe没被淘汰 对吗? |
[21:52] | No,ma’am.But three days later,Vivian took off. | 没有 但3天后 Vivian执行任务 |
[21:57] | Never came back. | 就再也没回来 |
[22:06] | Thanks for coming in,Betty Joe. | 谢谢你的到来 Betty Joe |
[22:08] | I know you wanted to get your mums in the ground today. | 我知道你今天不打算开口 |
[22:10] | Said yesterday you had to scrape together money just to join the WASP. | 昨天你说你好不容易凑够钱才加入WASP |
[22:15] | Cousin Donald chipped in. | Donald表哥资助你的 |
[22:17] | Remember what Donald did during the war? | 记得Donald在战争期间干嘛吗? |
[22:19] | 4-F.He couldn’t fight. | 4-F(即入伍体检结果为’不宜服役’) 他不能参军 |
[22:21] | Worked a government job. | 在政府部门工作 |
[22:23] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[22:24] | Worked at a government incineration station,burning ration books. | 在政府销毁站工作 负责销毁配给票证簿 |
[22:28] | Course they all didn’t find their way to the incinerator,did they,Betty Joe? | 那些票证簿没有被销毁 对吧 Betty Joe? |
[22:32] | Y’all are whistlin’ Dixie. | 你们这都查到了 |
[22:34] | He’d sell them.Only one problem: | 他要卖掉它们 那就有一个问题: |
[22:36] | Had to get ’em on the black market before their serial numbers expired. | 必须在序列号失效前把它们送去黑市 |
[22:40] | That’s where it was helpful having access to a plane. | 有架飞机就方便多了 |
[22:46] | Not proud of what I did. | 我并不引以为豪 |
[22:48] | Husband gunned down six months earlier over Berlin. | 丈夫在攻陷柏林的半年前牺牲了 |
[22:54] | I did it for my babies. | 为了孩子们 我只能这么做 |
[22:57] | Those babies the reason you had to keep Vivian quiet about the whole thing? | 为了孩子们 你必须让Vivian永远沉默 |
[23:00] | I didn’t hurt Vivian. | 我没有害Vivian |
[23:02] | I was upset ’cause I thought all she wanted was to-to wash out her competition. | 我生气是因为 我认为她想不择手段地 淘汰竞争对手 |
[23:08] | Then I saw a whole nother side of her. | 但后来我却看到了她的另一面 |
[23:14] | EDNA: I failed my last check ride. | 上次试飞我失败了 |
[23:15] | If I don’t pass this one,I’m going to be washed out! | 如果这次再过不了 我会被淘汰的 |
[23:18] | No one’s washing out.Just do as I say.Everything will be fine. | 没有人会被淘汰的 就按照我说的去做 一定没问题 |
[23:22] | Is it true you learned to fly your crop duster when you were just six? | 你6岁时就开始学习驾驶喷药机 这是真的吧? |
[23:26] | Flying’s gotta be second nature. | 飞行是第二天性 |
[23:28] | Gotta know the controls without even lookin’ at ’em. | 你不用看就该知道控制按钮的位置 |
[23:31] | I don’t know,Viv. | 我做不到 Viv |
[23:32] | It’s better if I just wash out now. | 最好现在就让我卷铺盖回家 |
[23:35] | I thought you said you had a brother overseas. | 我想你说过你有一个兄弟在海外打仗 |
[23:41] | Jimmy. | |
[23:44] | Call him Cricket. | 我叫他蟋蟀 |
[23:46] | Well,think of Cricket when you fly. | 那好 在你驾驶时想着蟋蟀吧 |
[23:49] | The next plane you deliver might just save his life. | 你驾驶的飞机或许会救他的命 |
[23:52] | The more air support our boys get,the more of ’em that’ll come home. | 我们给予的空中援助越多 就能帮助更多人活着回家 |
[23:57] | Do you got any family in the war,Viv? | 你有亲人在战场上吗? |
[24:01] | Army said my Dad was too old. | 陆军说我父亲年纪太大 |
[24:03] | Wanted him to fly trainers. | 要他去当飞行教练 |
[24:05] | He insisted on crewing a B-17. | 他执意去驾驶B-17轰炸机 B-17空中堡垒是二战盟军最有名的 重型轰炸机之一 是世界上第一种装上 雷达瞄准仪 并能精确投弹的大型轰炸机 |
[24:09] | Got himself killed. | 结果牺牲了 |
[24:18] | Battery.Propeller.Booster pumps.Landing gear. | 电源 螺旋桨 推进泵 起落架 |
[24:21] | Yes!Hey,you’re ready,Edna. | 你成功了 Edna |
[24:24] | – Gosh,you really think so,Viv? – What,are you kidding?You’re a regular Miss HP. | – 天呐 你真的这么认为 Viv? – 当然 你现在是HP小姐了 |
[24:30] | Took Vivian’s advice myself. | 我也照她说的做了 |
[24:33] | Thought of my husband. | 想到我的丈夫 |
[24:35] | Reckoned I couldn’t honor him and do what I was doin’. | 想到那么做是对他的不敬 |
[24:39] | So you stopped smuggling ration booklets right then and there? | 从那时起你就不再私运配给簿了? |
[24:42] | Never got the chance to tell her. | 一直没机会告诉她 |
[24:45] | She was gone by the time I got back. | 我回去时她已经失踪了 |
[24:47] | Saying you weren’t on base when Vivian disappeared? | 那么说Vivian失踪时你不在基地? |
[24:50] | Off deliverin’ a plane to,uh,Sweetwater. | 运送一架飞机去德州Sweetwater (二战时WASP的训练基地) |
[24:55] | Still got my log book to prove it. | 我有飞行日志可以证明 |
[24:57] | We’re going to need to see that. | 我们会进行核实的 |
[24:58] | Got the monthly flight records and schedules,too.Saved everything. | 那上面有每月飞行记录和日程表 记载了一切东西 |
[25:03] | Shame she never got the one thing she wanted. | 可惜她一直没得到她想要的 |
[25:06] | What was that? | 是什么? |
[25:07] | To be the first woman to fly that jet. | 成为第一个驾驶喷气式战机的女飞行员 |
[25:11] | – Remember who was? – Sure.Vivian’s main competition. | – 那谁是第一个? – 当然是Vivan的劲敌 |
[25:14] | Louise Patterson. | |
[25:20] | Louise Patterson? | |
[25:22] | Yes? | 怎么? |
[25:26] | Flew the Bell P-59,right? | 曾驾驶贝尔公司出品的P-59战斗机 对吧? P-59彗星式喷射战斗机 美国军机航空史上 第一架使用喷射动力飞行的战斗机 1944年8月首批出厂 |
[25:29] | First woman ever. | 是第一位女性驾驶员 |
[25:31] | You two looking for an interview? | 你们要采访我吗? |
[25:33] | You could say that. | 也可以这么说吧 |
[25:34] | Detectives Valens,Rush. | 我们是Valens和Rush警探 |
[25:36] | Remember your old WASP buddy,Vivian Lynn? | 记得你的老战友Vivian Lynn吗? |
[25:39] | Of course I remember Vivian.Real live wire. | 当然 她很活跃 |
[25:42] | How’d you feel when Vivian dusted you on the score chart? | 当Vivian抢了你的头名时感觉怎么样? |
[25:45] | Check your facts. | 去核实一下 |
[25:46] | I was on top of the chart. | 我是第一名 |
[25:48] | Oh,by default.The better pilot was murdered. | 那是因为最好的飞行员被谋杀了 |
[25:51] | Murdered?! | 谋杀?! |
[25:53] | Oh,dear God,how? | 天呐 怎么回事? |
[25:54] | I read your cover story in The Atlantic,September ’54. | 我读过你的封面故事 <大西洋>杂志 1954年九月刊 |
[25:57] | First woman to break the sound barrier. | 超音速飞行的第一位女性 |
[25:59] | Said you’d do anything to set that record. | 报道说你为了创造记录不惜任何代价 |
[26:01] | That include getting rid of your competition? | 也包括除掉竞争对手吗? |
[26:03] | Look,you’re right. | 听着 你说对了 |
[26:05] | Vivian and I had a rocky start. | Vivian和我开始相处的并不愉快 |
[26:07] | But we bonded in a way I could never have imagined. | 但我们以一种我没想到的方式冰释前嫌 |
[26:15] | Crash! | 失事了! |
[26:16] | It’s Edna! No! Vivian… No! | 那是Edna! 不! Vivian…别过去! |
[26:19] | Wait! No! No! No! No! | 等等! 不!不要! |
[26:26] | There is nothing you could have done. | 你无力回天 |
[26:28] | No,Edna was ready.I taught her myself. | 不 Edna早已作好准备 我手把手教会她的 |
[26:30] | Checked her plane myself. | 我亲自检查过她的飞机 |
[26:31] | Someone did this to her! | 有人蓄意针对她! |
[26:48] | *Of we go * *Into the wild blue yonder * | (美国空军军歌:The U.S. Air Force) |
[26:53] | *Climbing high into the sun * | |
[26:59] | *Here they come zooming to meet our thunder * | |
[27:05] | *At ’em,boys * | |
[27:07] | *Give ‘er the gun * | |
[27:10] | *Down we dive * | |
[27:11] | *Spouting our flame from under * | |
[27:14] | *Off with one heck of a roar * | |
[27:19] | *We live in fame * | |
[27:21] | *Or we go down in flame * | |
[27:23] | *Nothing can stop the Army Air Corps. * | |
[27:34] | Not a day goes by I don’t think about one of those women. | 我天天都会想起那些姐妹们 |
[27:37] | Vivian thought the men wanted the WASP gone | Vivian认为男飞行员们对WASP不满 |
[27:40] | WASP were doing the same jobs as male pilots. | WASP和他们做着同样的工作 |
[27:43] | Freeing up men for combat duty. | 替他们承担除实际作战外的工作 |
[27:46] | Only by this time,the war was winding down. | 只是那时 战争已经接近尾声 |
[27:48] | Army had enough pilots.It needed infantry. | 陆军飞行员编制已满 他们需要步兵 |
[27:52] | Some of the guys were afraid they were gonna lose their jobs? | 一些人害怕失去工作? |
[27:53] | And be drafted as foot soldiers. | 害怕被贬为步兵 |
[27:58] | What ya got,Scotty? | 有什么发现 Scotty? |
[28:00] | Uh,Army said,uh,Edna’s crash was a mechanical failure due to clogged fuel lines and burned pistons. | 军方说Edna飞机失事是因为机器故障 油管堵塞引起活塞起火 |
[28:08] | But this maintenance report says her lines were flushed two days prior. | 但维修报告说 她的输油管 在事发前两天刚被清洗过 |
[28:13] | Airport mechanic I spoke to said they should’ve still been squeaky clean. | 我请教了一个机场技工 按道理 事发当天输油管应该非常干净 |
[28:17] | What if Vivian was on to the sabotage? | 会不会是Vivan怀疑这是蓄意谋杀? |
[28:19] | Doer decides to silence her for good. | 凶手决定让她保持沉默 |
[28:22] | Mechanic say what could cause the pistons to burn? | 技工说什么东西能引起活塞起火? |
[28:24] | The only thing he could think of was sugar in the gas tank. | 他唯一能想到的就是在油箱中加糖 |
[28:27] | But sugar was hard to come by during the war. | 但在战争年代 糖很难买到 |
[28:29] | Not if you were in the Army.You still got the New Castle PX ledgers? | 在部队就不同了 你拿到了纽卡斯尔的物资账目吗? |
[28:32] | Uh,yeah. | 是的 |
[28:34] | Uh… Uh,here. | 呃…呃 这里 |
[28:41] | Sugar was bought the day before Edna crashed. | 在Edna空难之前有人买过糖 |
[28:45] | Ten pounds. | 10磅 |
[28:47] | That’s enough to gum up the works of any engine. | 足够搞坏任何一台引擎了 |
[28:49] | Signed for by one… | 签名是… |
[28:52] | Frank James. | |
[28:55] | Cool your engines,Saccardo. | 放心吧 Saccardo |
[28:57] | I’ll be there in ten. | 我10分钟内就到 |
[28:59] | Okay,me,too.Bye. | 好的 我也是 再见 |
[29:06] | Big date tonight? | 今晚有约会? |
[29:10] | I was just heading out to mess with you some more. | 我是来找你算账的 |
[29:15] | You want to back up your car now? | 现在把车退回去成吗? |
[29:18] | Car dry up or they got you a new one? | 车弄干净了还是买了辆新的? |
[29:23] | I said back away. | 我说了 退后 |
[29:28] | You going to shoot me,Detective? | 你打算开枪打我 警探? |
[29:31] | How do you think that’ll look after I filed a complaint? | 在我投诉后 你认为他们会怎么看待这事? |
[29:35] | The more you push,less I have to lose. | 你越是步步紧逼 我失去得就越少 |
[30:08] | Been reading up on my WASP history. | 一直在读WASP的历史 |
[30:10] | You got something off Vivian’s skirt? | 在Vivian的裙子上有什么发现? |
[30:12] | Sent it to Criminalistics on a hunch. | 凭感觉就送到罪证科检查了一下 |
[30:15] | Found traces of… | 发现了一些痕迹… |
[30:17] | alizrine cyanines. | 茜素菁 |
[30:19] | Some kind of chemical? | 一种化合物? |
[30:20] | Used in Santiago Blue dye. | 圣地亚哥蓝色染剂所用的 (WASP制服裙的标准色) |
[30:23] | Skirt was a part of Vivian’s dress uniform. | 裙子是她制服的一部分 |
[30:28] | She wasn’t flying north for a date. | 她去北部不是约会 |
[30:31] | She was on official business. | 是执行官方任务 |
[30:32] | Lil,Frank’s in the box.You ready? | Lil, Frank在审讯室 准备好了? |
[30:48] | Fear is a funny thing,isn’t it,Frank? | 恐惧是件有趣的事 对吧 Frank? |
[30:52] | I don’t know what you mean,sir. | 什么意思 |
[30:54] | You were drafted in ’43,supposed to ship off to Europe. | 你在1943年被征兵 本应到欧洲征战 |
[30:58] | But you became a flight instructor instead. | 却成了一名飞行教官 |
[31:01] | – Kept you on American soil. – I served my country,sir. | – 让你留在了美国本土 – 我为国家服役 先生 |
[31:04] | WASP wanted to be recognized as equals. | WASP想得到同样的地位 |
[31:06] | Have the same benefits as Army men. | 和男性军人得到一样的福利 |
[31:08] | But if that happened,there’d be even fewer jobs for men stateside. | 但如果那样 留给男性的本土职位就更少了 |
[31:13] | You might’ve been dodging bullets on a beach in Normandy instead. | 或许你就在诺曼底海滩忙于躲避子弹了 |
[31:17] | I lost a baby brother over there. | 我在那里失去过一个弟弟 |
[31:18] | You think maybe you could scare them into quitting,Frank? | 你认为或许能通过恐吓 迫使她们主动退出 Frank? |
[31:23] | You a tough guy? | 你是个强硬的家伙? |
[31:27] | I get to do that,too. | 我也会那么做 |
[31:29] | I helped those girls. | 我帮助那些姑娘 |
[31:32] | Anything they needed,I was there for ’em. | 她们有任何需要 我都会支持她们 |
[31:37] | This your signature,Frank? | 这是你的签名吗 Frank? |
[31:41] | That much sugar’d do a real number on an engine. | 如此大量的砂糖足以搞坏一台引擎了 |
[31:45] | I didn’t sign this. | 我没有签过 |
[31:47] | You’re saying someone forged your signature? | 你是说有人伪造了你的签名? |
[31:51] | Vivian tried to tell me… | Vivian试着告诉我… |
[31:55] | but I wouldn’t listen. | 但我没去相信 |
[32:09] | Viv?Is that you? | Viv? 是你吗? |
[32:12] | I had to see you. | 我必须见你 |
[32:14] | Get caught past taps,they’ll wash you out. | 过了熄灯号被抓住 他们会把你除名 |
[32:16] | I checked the mechanic’s log. | 我查了飞机机械工的工作记录 |
[32:17] | Edna’s fuel lines were flushed two days ago. | Edna飞机的燃料管在2天前被清洗过 |
[32:19] | – Whoa,slow down. – Her plane shouldn’t have stalled,Frank. | – 慢慢说 – 她的飞机不应该熄火的 Frank |
[32:23] | Viv,you’re upset. | Viv 你太伤心了 |
[32:27] | I saw Wolf milling around the hangar last night by himself. | 我昨晚看见Wolf一人在机库周围兜圈 |
[32:29] | He said he was filling out his flight log,but I know what he was doing. | 他说他是在填写飞行日志 但我清楚他在干什么 |
[32:34] | I think he sabotaged Edna’s plane. | 我认为他对Edna的飞机做了手脚 |
[32:36] | Wolf would never do that. | Wolf绝不会那么做 |
[32:37] | You know how he feels about us girls. | 你知道他对我们女孩的态度 |
[32:39] | It’s not like he tries to hide it. | 他也从不想隐瞒他的感觉 |
[32:42] | He’s my brother,Viv. | 他是我兄弟 Viv |
[32:44] | – My brother. – Edna was my friend… | – 我的弟弟 – Edna是我的朋友… |
[32:48] | and she’s dead. | 她却死了 |
[32:50] | – You know what my family’s been through. – Your family got a star to hang in the window. | – 你知道我的家庭经历过什么 – 你的家族功勋显赫 |
[32:54] | What does Edna’s family get?The Army won’t even pay to send her home. | 而Edna的家又得到了什么? 军队甚至不会出钱把她送回家去 WASP没有正式编入军队 属于民间服务体系 不能享受军队待遇,仪仗护卫和官方提供的 丧葬服务 棺木上不允许覆盖美国国旗 直到1977年才赋予其退伍老兵的资格及福利 |
[32:58] | You want a damn star? | 你要的是该死的勋章? |
[32:59] | I want Wolf court-martialed. | 我要把Wolf送上军事法庭 |
[33:04] | I love you… but planes crash,Viv. | 我爱你…但飞机是会出事的 Viv |
[33:19] | I thought we were going to travel with the wind and the stars. | 我以为我们能披星随风一起飞行 |
[33:34] | God help me for not believing Vivian. | 上帝拯救我吧 没有去相信Vivian |
[33:37] | My mother had already lost a son in the war. | 我母亲在战争中已失去了一个儿子 |
[33:40] | I couldn’t let her lose another. | 我不能让她再失去另一个 |
[33:43] | Wolf know Vivian was on his tail? | Wolf知道Vivian盯着他不放嘛? |
[33:45] | I confronted him about what she’d told me. | 就她告诉我的情况 我找他对质了 |
[33:49] | He just denied it. | 他否认了 |
[33:51] | When was that? | 什么时候的事? |
[33:53] | It was the night before she disappeared. | 就在她失踪的前一晚 |
[33:58] | All these years… | 这么多年… |
[34:00] | I looked out for him,put him first. | 我替他操心 凡事先想着他 |
[34:07] | Think he’d do the same for you? | 你认为他也会这么对你吗? |
[34:11] | Just got to get you to sign a bail petition for your brother. | 让你来是替你哥哥签份保释单 |
[34:14] | Bail?!What’d Frank do? | 保释?! Frank做了什么? |
[34:18] | Laced Edna Reed’s tank with ten pounds of sugar. | 在Edna Reed的油箱里加了10磅糖 |
[34:21] | Turning him over to the MPs for Edna’s murder. | 因为谋杀Edna 正在移交宪兵队 |
[34:24] | Frank wouldn’t hurt a fly. | Frank不会伤害任何人 |
[34:26] | Got a New Castle PX ledger with his signature on it. | 一份来自纽卡斯尔的军队账目上有他的签名 |
[34:43] | It wasn’t Frank. | 那不是Frank签的 |
[34:45] | It was me. | 是我干的 |
[34:48] | Drank through my paycheck that month. | 花光了我那个月的薪水 |
[34:49] | I had to charge everything to Frank’s account. | 是我嫁祸给Frank的 |
[34:54] | I put that sugar in Edna’s tank. | 我把糖放进了Edna的油箱 |
[34:56] | I mean,me and the guys had done it to other gals before. | 我和不少家伙 以前对其他女孩也做过这种事 |
[34:58] | I figured she’d have hit the silk like the others did,parachute out when the engine stalled. | 我想她会跳伞 和其他人一样 当引擎熄火时 用降落伞降落 |
[35:02] | Report said the latch on the cockpit was broken. | 报告说她驾驶舱里的锁扣坏了 |
[35:05] | I didn’t know about that latch. | 我不知道有锁扣那回事 |
[35:07] | She tried to bail out,and she couldn’t. | 她尝试过应急措施 但她没成功 |
[35:10] | She was trapped. | 她被困住了 |
[35:14] | I didn’t mean to hurt that girl. | 我没想过去伤害那个女孩 |
[35:19] | I still have nightmares about it to this day. | 一直到今天 我还会做噩梦 |
[35:23] | Gonna need the names of your coconspirators. | 我们需要你共谋者的名字 |
[35:25] | No,I’m taking the bullet on this one.No sense in tarnishing their memories. | 没有 我一个人做的 我不想毁了别人的回忆 |
[35:29] | Should’ve done it anyway the night I went to see Vivian. | 应该在我见Vivian的那晚把事搞定 |
[35:32] | You saw Vivian before she disappeared? | 你在Vivian失踪前见过她? |
[35:34] | I pleaded with her not to report me. | 我恳求她不要告发我 |
[35:36] | And she didn’t listen,so you took matters into your own hands? | 她没有听你的 所以你决定自己动手? |
[35:39] | No,I wouldn’t touch a hair on that girl’s head. | 不 我不会去碰那女孩一根头发 |
[35:41] | Even if I wanted to,I couldn’t. | 就算我想 我也做不成 |
[35:43] | – Why is that? – She’d already filed a report. | – 为什么? – 她早就递交了报告 |
[35:46] | I saw her signature and everything.I just went back to the barracks,packed my duffel,and waited. | 我看见了她的签名和所有相关内容 于是我回到营房 打理行囊 等候发落 |
[35:52] | MPs never came. | 宪兵们却从没出现过 |
[35:55] | So who’d she file that report with? | 她会向谁递交报告呢? |
[35:58] | When someone filed a report with you,what’d you do with it? | 有人向你递交报告 你会怎么处理? |
[36:01] | Sent it up the chain of command. | 把它上交给相应的上级 |
[36:03] | So when Vivian filed a report about Edna Reed’s crash,you send that up? | Vivian递交Edna Reed坠机事件报告时 你上交了吗? |
[36:07] | Edna’s crash was an accident.There wasn’t a report. | Edna坠机事件是个意外事故 没有相关报告 |
[36:12] | Weak sheep like Edna– nothing but a drain on your program. | Edna像绵羊一样软弱-对你的部门来说 她就像下水道一样无用 |
[36:17] | You were probably happy to have someone thin out the herd. | 你或许很高兴能有人首先垮掉 |
[36:21] | You ask me,they were probably all weak. | 你要是问我 她们可能都不堪一击 |
[36:25] | Women fly as well as men.It’s on the record. | 女人可以和男人飞的一样好 这是记录在案的 |
[36:28] | Women took more money to train,had more accidents.They can’t hack it in the sky. | 女人要花更多金钱来培训 会出更多事故 她们在天上处理不来 |
[36:32] | Enough,Scotty. | 够了 Scotty |
[36:38] | Get some air. | 出去透口气吧 |
[36:49] | Yes,ma’am. | 是 女士 |
[36:57] | I apologize for my partner. | 我替我搭档道歉 |
[37:00] | I know what it’s like. | 我知道怎么一回事 |
[37:02] | You show one crack… | 你一个不当心… |
[37:04] | Wolves tear you to pieces. | 狼群们就会把你撕成碎片 |
[37:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:08] | I finished reading your book. | 我读完了你的书 |
[37:11] | You fought hard for those girls. | 你为这些女孩努力争取 |
[37:13] | Had to fly every month to Mitchell Field to file a report with General Stockton. | 必须每个月飞到米切尔空军基地 向Stockton将军提交报告 |
[37:17] | Orders to keep him in the loop. | 下指示要求必须向他随时汇报 |
[37:20] | Made him see how important the WASP were to the country. | 让他知道WASP对这个国家是多么重要 |
[37:23] | You said Viv might have had a boyfriend in Manhattan? | 你说过Viv或许在曼哈顿有个男朋友? |
[37:27] | You still believe that? | 你还是这么确信吗? |
[37:30] | Gal could have been flying a million different places.How do I know? | 姑娘飞的地方太多了 我怎么会知道? |
[37:39] | Now… Which bases are north of Wilmington? | 呃… 威尔明顿以北有哪些基地? |
[37:43] | Otis in Massachusetts; Mitchell Field in Long Island. | 威尔明顿内的奥蒂斯基地 长岛米切尔空军基地 |
[37:49] | So if she were flying to Mitchell Field,what would her landmarks have been? | 那么如果她飞去米切尔空军基地 她的地标会是在哪? |
[37:57] | After all these years,hard to remember. | 这么多年过去了 很难想起来 |
[38:00] | But you flew it every month. | 但是你过去一个月飞一次 |
[38:03] | Listen,I don’t know what you’re getting at… | 听着 我不知道你想说什么… |
[38:05] | Would Philly have been a landmark? | 费城会是个地标吗? |
[38:09] | One of the landmarks,yes. | 某一个地标 会的 |
[38:12] | You know why Vivian would have packed her Santiago Dress Blues? | 你知道为什么Vivian会携带正式制服? |
[38:17] | We found it in the bullet compartment. | 我们在弹药舱发现的 |
[38:20] | Maybe she was going to see someone important,like the general. | 或许她是去见个重要的人 比如说将军 |
[38:25] | I led the search party for Vivian. | 我负责Vivian的搜索救援组 |
[38:28] | She was my best pilot. | 她曾是我最好的飞行员 |
[38:29] | Yeah,but the day Vivian left,you put out next month’s flight schedule. | 但Vivian离开后 你就制定了下个月的飞行时刻表 |
[38:32] | Your best pilot wasn’t on it. | 你的王牌飞行员可不在上面 |
[38:37] | And there’s only one explanation for that,Iris,is you knew that Vivian wasn’t coming back. | 只有一个解释 Iris 你知道Vivian不会再回来了 |
[38:44] | I fought for those girls.You said it yourself. | 我为那些女孩们抗争 你自己也说过 |
[38:46] | But your program was under attack,and men were looking for any excuse to shut it down. | 但你的部门面临危险 男人们会找任何一个理由来关闭它 |
[38:52] | Heard some zipperheads saying the only way to keep us out of their jobs was to knock us out of the sky. | 听一些小人说唯一把我们赶出他们工作的方法 就是在天上把我们踢出局 |
[38:57] | Edna’s “accident” was a crack… | Edna的”意外事故”是假的… |
[38:59] | If they knew men were targeting us WASP,it would’ve made headlines; we would’ve lost it all. | 如果他们知道男人们在攻击WASP 那会成为头条新闻的 我们会全盘皆输 |
[39:05] | But Vivian wouldn’t stop till everyone knew. | 但Vivian不让所有人知道不罢手 |
[39:07] | You buried that report for the greater good. | 你为了大局掩盖了那份报告 |
[39:09] | Women fly combat today because of the WASP,because of what we did. | 女人能开战斗机都是由于WASP 由于我们曾经付出过的血汗 |
[39:14] | Little girls look up to me. | 小女孩都尊敬我 |
[39:17] | I speak for the WASP. I speak for you. | 我代表WASP说话 我代表你的性别说话 |
[39:22] | I speak for Vivian. | 我代表Vivian说话 |
[39:29] | She left me no choice. | 她让我没的选择 |
[39:35] | MPs still haven’t picked up Wolf. | 宪兵们仍然没有逮捕Wolf |
[39:36] | There’s no formal investigation of Edna’s crash. | 没有针对Edna坠机的正式调查 |
[39:40] | Your point,Miss Lynn? | 你怎么认为的 Lynn小姐? |
[39:41] | You canned my report. | 你藏匿了我的报告 |
[39:44] | Do you know what’ll happen if they find out a man sabotaged a WASP plane; how this will look? | 知道如果他们发现有男人对WASP的飞机 做过手脚会发生什么吗 看起来像什么? |
[39:49] | It’ll look like what it is– murder. | 看起来就是事情本身– 谋杀 |
[39:52] | They’re fighting a war,Vivian. | 他们在打仗 Vivian |
[39:54] | You know how they’ll fix this?They’ll shut us down. | 你知道他们会怎么处理吗? 他们会把我们部门关掉 |
[39:57] | That’s what you’re worried about– the program? | 那就是你关心的吗– 部门? |
[39:59] | What about Edna? | 那Edna怎么办? |
[40:02] | Edna is gone. | Edna已经离开我们了 |
[40:04] | There is nothing we can do to bring her back,Vivian. | 没办法能让她回来了 Vivian |
[40:07] | Our job now is to take care of all the WASP. | 我们的职责是照顾好所有WASP成员 |
[40:10] | If the program is shut down,we all have to stop flying. | 如果部门被关掉 我们都没得飞 |
[40:13] | You’ll never fly that jet. | 你永远也开不成那架喷气式战机 |
[40:18] | Edna deserves justice. | Edna应该得到正义 |
[40:20] | She would do the same for me; for all of us. | 她也会为我做相同的事 为我们所有人 |
[40:24] | No one needs to know that you illegally covered up my report,if you send it up the chain today. | 如果你今天上交的话 没人会知道你非法扣押了我的报告 |
[40:44] | You’re right.I don’t know what I was thinking. | 你说的对 我不知道我以前在想什么 |
[40:47] | Go to Mitchell Field. | 去米切尔空军基地吧 |
[40:49] | Tell Stockton in person what happened to Edna. | 告诉Stockton本人Edna发生了什么 |
[40:51] | General Stockton,ma’am? | Stockton将军 女士? |
[40:54] | Don’t ever let it be said I don’t look out for my girls. | 不要说我没有关心过我的姑娘们 |
[40:57] | Thank you,ma’am. | 谢谢 女士 |
[41:00] | Vivian. | |
[41:01] | Going to need your Santiago Blues. | 需要带上你的蓝色制服 |
[41:03] | Yes,ma’am. | 是 女士 |
[41:06] | Happy landings… always. | 顺利着陆… 永远 |
[41:31] | *I’ll walk alone * | |
[41:34] | *Because to tell you the truth * | |
[41:38] | *I’ll be lonely * | |
[41:42] | *I don’t mind * | |
[41:44] | *Being lonely * | |
[41:48] | *When my heart tells me * | |
[41:52] | *You are lonely,too * | |
[41:56] | *I’ll walk alone * | |
[41:58] | *They’ll ask me why * | |
[42:00] | *And I’ll tell them I’d rather * | |
[42:06] | *There are dreams * | |
[42:08] | *I must gather * | |
[42:12] | *Dreams we fashioned the night * | |
[42:16] | *If you call,I’ll hear you * | |
[42:20] | *No matter how far * | |
[42:22] | *Just close your eyes * | |
[42:26] | *And I’ll be there * | |
[42:28] | *Please walk alone * | |
[42:31] | *And send your love and your kisses * | |
[42:35] | *To guide me * | |
[42:39] | *Till you’re walking beside me * | |
[42:45] | *I’ll walk alone… * | |
[43:15] | *Till you’re walking beside me * | |
[43:21] | *I’ll walk alone… * | |
[43:27] | *** | 2009年7月1日 美国国会通过 并经奥巴马总统签署 授予1074位WASP成员(仍健在的有300余位) 国会金质奖章 以表彰她们为祖国所作的贡献 |