时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Cold Case: | |
[00:01] | Celeste–my wife’s name. | 我老婆叫Celeste |
[00:03] | We have a daughter Maggie and a son Finn. | 有一个女儿 Maggie 和一个儿子Finn |
[00:06] | They want to meet you. | 他们想见你 |
[00:07] | I don’t like you,John. | 我不喜欢你 John |
[00:08] | – You ever mess with someone under my command again… – What you gonna do,John? | – 你再和我手下过不去… – 你要怎样 John |
[00:14] | I will beat the ever – loving crap out of you. | 我会打到你满地找牙 |
[00:16] | Are you asking me out on a date? | 你是在约我出去? |
[00:18] | So what do you say? | 你怎么说? |
[00:19] | You going to feed me first? | 你要先请我吃饭? |
[00:21] | Got you,Moe.Took another look at those campus car records. | 另外看看这些校车记录吧 |
[00:24] | It was you who checked out one of those cars. | 每周日早上都是你登记开走车辆 |
[00:26] | You put that girl in a box! | 是你将她塞进箱子! |
[00:28] | I put you there,too,sweetheart. | 我也会将你塞进去 |
[00:30] | You panicked when my partner got too close. | 我搭档快找到真相时 你惊恐万分 |
[00:31] | Ran her off the road in that same car. | 用同一辆车把她撞出公路 |
[00:36] | *** | 本故事纯属虚构 并无影射任何真人真事 |
[00:46] | *** | 1966年8月4日 |
[01:05] | Look at her,Grace. | 看看这船 Grace |
[01:07] | She’s bigger than all of South Philly. | 比南费城还大 |
[01:09] | It’s not too late to change our minds,Darcy. | 要改变主意还来得及 Darcy |
[01:11] | You kidding?Two weeks sipping wine in France,a trip back on her last Atlantic crossing ever. | 开玩笑 两周的法国品酒之旅 还是这船最后一次横渡大西洋 |
[01:16] | This is going to be the adventure of a lifetime. | 这将是一生一次的冒险 |
[01:18] | Darcy! | |
[01:20] | – Henry? – Darcy,wait. | – Darcy 等等 |
[01:23] | What are you waiting for?Go. | 你在等什么 去吧 |
[01:28] | Henry,what are you doing here? | 你来做什么? |
[01:30] | Couldn’t just let you go. | 我舍不得你 |
[01:31] | – Come on,let’s talk about this. – We already talked. | – 我们可以再商量 – 已经商量过了 |
[01:33] | I just thought maybe if you saw this… ? | 你看到这个也许会改变想法 |
[01:39] | Even had it engraved,see?”D.C. from H.S.” ? | 看见没 “H.S 致 D.C”? |
[01:44] | – Henry,I-I can’t,I…- Keep it. | – Henry 我不能 – 拿着 |
[01:47] | You’ll come to your senses once you get this dumb trip out of your system. | 你放弃这次白痴旅行就会清醒过来 |
[01:49] | I’ve got to go. | 我要走了 |
[01:50] | You’ve never been outside of Philly. | 你从没离开过费城 |
[01:52] | All of a sudden you’re shipping off to Europe? | 为何忽然就跑去欧洲了 |
[01:54] | You think you’re the queen of England? | 你以为自己是英伦女皇吗? |
[01:55] | – Good-bye,Henry.- Darcy,wait. | – 再见 Henry – Darcy 等等 |
[01:58] | I’m done waiting for you. | 我等够久了 |
[02:26] | Did you actually ever see my client at the wheel of the vehicle | 你亲眼看见开车者是我的当事人吗 |
[02:31] | that you claimran your car off the bridge on May 6,2009? | 就在你出事的那天 2009年5月6日 |
[02:37] | No. | 没有 |
[02:38] | So your accusations are based solely on circumstantial evidence. | 那你的指控仅仅基于间接证据 |
[02:41] | Well,the evidence being three speeding tickets for Moe Kitchener on the school-owned vehicle, | 证据包括Moe Kitchener开校车的 3张超速罚单 |
[02:45] | neighbors testifyinghe parked the Suburban at his house every night except the night he was dumping… | 证人称这辆车每晚都停在他家门口 除了那天晚上… |
[02:50] | – Your Honor… – …Kate Butler’s body in Germantown. | – 法官大人 – 他用那车将Kate Butler弃尸在德国镇 |
[02:52] | – Your Honor… – Paint scrapings and dents are an exact match to the damage on my car, | – 法官大人 – 校车油漆和刮痕与我车的损伤一致 |
[02:56] | – not to mention the 12 stitches on the back of my skull. – Your Honor… | – 还有我后脑缝的12针 – 法官大人 |
[03:00] | The school may have ownedthe vehicle on paper, | 也许学校名义上拥有这车 |
[03:02] | but it was your client’s car,and everyone knew it. | 但实际上 这是你当事人的私车 大家都清楚 |
[03:05] | Your Honor,move that Detective Rush’s last two statements be struck from the record. | 请将证人最后2句陈述剔出法庭记录 |
[03:09] | You opened the door,Counselor. | 是你先”打开门”的 辩方律师 (己方论述为对方提供了反驳机会) |
[03:16] | I do all right? | 我做得怎样 |
[03:17] | Tore that jackwipe a new one. | 把那混蛋驳得哑口无言了 |
[03:19] | Nice job,Lil. | 做得好 Lil |
[03:20] | Should have seen the look on Major Moe’s face when you went off like that. | 你应该看见Moe少校的表情 |
[03:22] | Knocked that smirkoff his ugly mug. | 彻底抹去那副嚣张笑容 |
[03:25] | You did good. | 干得好 |
[03:28] | – Well,it’d be better if we had you up there. – Yeah. | – 有你在会更顺利 – 当然 |
[03:31] | I begged the DA to let me have it,but attempted homicide on a police officer | 我求地方检察官让我跟进 但蓄意谋杀警察的案子… |
[03:35] | in Bucks County carries more weight than the Philly charges. | 在Bucks郡比在费城压力大很多 |
[03:38] | What the hellis he staring at? | 他在看什么? |
[03:41] | 20 to life with any luck. | 如果走运 判终身监禁 20年后假释 |
[03:47] | SS Americana.They called her “The Big A.” | 他们叫这船 大美国号 |
[03:49] | Fastest ocean liner ever built. | 是当时最快的远洋客轮 |
[03:51] | Thing’s been rusting away on the pier long as I can remember. | 已经是很久远的事情了 |
[03:54] | Decommissioned in ’66. | 66年退役 |
[03:56] | Before jets took over,this was the way to travel to Europe in style. | 在喷气机之前 这是去欧洲旅游的时尚方式 |
[04:00] | Styling or not,couldn’t drag me out on a boat for that long. | 不管是否时尚 我很难忍受在船上呆这么久 |
[04:04] | Never got your sea legs,huh,Scotty? | 你这个晕船的家伙 Scotty |
[04:06] | I’m seasick justthinking about it. | 就是想想都晕 |
[04:08] | New owners are working her over,trying to refit her for service again. | 新船主打算翻新后重新使用 |
[04:11] | Came across this last night. | 昨晚发现的 |
[04:12] | Bag of bones in a red dress. | 穿红裙的枯骨 |
[04:13] | Salvage operations stripped everything else down to the metal, | 退役之后 船上一切都被拆走 |
[04:17] | but this engine room was sealed off 40 years ago. | 除了这个40年前就封闭的轮机舱 |
[04:20] | Navy-built state secret. | 作为海军的机密 |
[04:22] | So nobody gets in or out. | 没人进出过 |
[04:24] | Till now. | 直到现在 |
[04:26] | Take a look at her neck,Lil. | 看看颈部 |
[04:31] | – “D.C. from H.S.” – D.C. matches a passenger named Darcy Curtis. | – H.S的D.C – D.C应该是指乘客Darcy Curtis |
[04:36] | It was reported she jumped overboard during the ship’s final crossing. | 据说在这船最后一次航行中跳船自杀 |
[04:40] | Missed the water by a few hundred yards. | 离水面有数百米远呢 |
[04:42] | Big A was known as “the suicide ship.” | 这是有名的自杀船 |
[04:44] | The jumpers would leave their shoes on the deck.Nobody really knows why. | 自杀者会在甲板上留下鞋子 没人知道原因 |
[04:47] | No shoes here. | 这里没鞋子 |
[04:48] | Master-at-Arms found themagainst the “suicide rail” morning she went missing, | 船员在她失踪当天早上 在”失踪围栏”旁发现了鞋子 |
[04:52] | couple hours before they docked. | 就在靠岸前数小时 |
[04:53] | Shoes on the deck,bodystuffed in the engine room. | 鞋子在甲板 尸体在轮机舱 |
[04:57] | Suicide ship’s starting tolook more like a murder ship. | 自杀船变成了谋杀船 |
[05:29] | Cold case Season 7 Episode01 | 铁证悬案 |
[05:43] | M.E.report’s back. | 验尸报告来了 |
[05:44] | Dental records confirm remains are Darcy Curtis. | 牙医记录确认死者就是Darcy Curtis |
[05:47] | Broken neck from the fall. | 因高处坠落导致颈部折断 |
[05:48] | It’s a remote area of the ship. | 那是船上的偏僻角落 |
[05:50] | Somebody would have to know their way around pretty good to find it. | 肯定有人知道如何去到轮机舱 |
[05:53] | This the whole file? | 就这么多? |
[05:54] | Captain’s incident report from the suicide investigation? | 船长的自杀者报告就这么多? |
[05:56] | Passenger lists,crew reports,all in private hands now. | 旅客名单 船员报告 现在都在私人手上 |
[05:59] | It’s weird leaving shoes like that. | 鞋子的摆放很奇怪 |
[06:01] | Nice kicks.Shame to get them wet. | 不想弄湿鞋子 |
[06:04] | Telegram sent from the ship to Darcy’s boyfriend in Fishtown,Henry Speck. | 从船上发给Darcy男友 Henry Speck的电报 |
[06:08] | – “I can’t.” – Can’t what? | – “我不能” – 不能什么? |
[06:10] | Swim? | 游泳? |
[06:11] | Speck gave a statement,said he thought it was Darcy saying no to his marriage proposal. | Speck的证词 说他以为Darcy拒绝了他的求婚 |
[06:15] | Till he heard she disappeared.Died in ’98. | 直到后来听说她失踪 他死于1998年 |
[06:17] | The telegram had a time-stamp. | 电报有发出时间 |
[06:19] | Sent at 4:04 AM. | 凌晨4点04分 |
[06:22] | 42 minutes later she’s reported lost at sea by the Master-at-Arms. | 42分钟后 船员就报称她失踪 |
[06:25] | Her traveling companion,Grace Stearns,confirms she was missing later that morning. | 她的游伴 Grace Stearns当天晚些时候 证实了她的失踪 |
[06:30] | ID’d her off the shoes. | 确认了她的鞋子 |
[06:31] | Lil and Scotty are talking to her now. | Lil和Scotty正去拜访她 |
[06:38] | We knew each otherfrom when we were kids. | 我们是儿时玩伴 |
[06:41] | Morning Darcy disappeared,you remember when you last saw her? | Darcy失踪当天 你何时最后一次见她 |
[06:44] | Night before. | 失踪前一夜 |
[06:46] | I had gone to bed early. | 我很早睡了 |
[06:48] | Darcy was more thelife of the party. | 她还在舞会 |
[06:51] | But she never came back to our room. | 但她没再回到房间 |
[06:54] | Darcy’s boyfriend,Henry Speck,got a telegram morning she was killed. | Darcy的男友 Henry Speck 收到她被杀当天发出的电报 |
[06:59] | Says “I can’t.” | 说 “我不能” |
[07:03] | It’s the only thing he hadto go on all these years. | 那是他一直耿耿于怀的事情 |
[07:06] | Trying to figure outwhy she did it. | 试图弄明白她的想法 |
[07:08] | I guess it’s not a suicide note anymore. | 我想那不是自杀遗言 |
[07:11] | Henry had proposed to her? | Henry向她求婚? |
[07:13] | In a telegram while we were on the ship. | 当我们还在船上时发的电报 |
[07:16] | I was so excited for her. | 我很替她高兴 |
[07:18] | My late husband,Chester,he was Henry’s cousin. | 我的丈夫Chester 是Henry的表弟 |
[07:22] | But she said no.Why’s that? | 她拒绝了 为什么 |
[07:25] | She meet another guy on the ship? | 是不是在船上遇到其他人? |
[07:27] | There was a man she was after on that ship. | 确实有这么一个人 |
[07:30] | Just not in the way you think. | 但不是你们所想的那样 |
[07:38] | Since you got that telegram,you’ve been nothing but doom and gloom. | 你收到电报后整个人就怪怪的 |
[07:42] | Darcy,what is it? | Darcy 怎么了? |
[07:44] | I’ve just been thinking. | 我在考虑 |
[07:48] | How beautiful Paris was. | 巴黎多漂亮 |
[07:50] | The art,the people who live there. | 艺术的氛围 还有当地的人 |
[07:51] | Everyone with their hand outwaiting for a tip. | 他们都会伸手问你要钱 |
[07:54] | I mean,Chester was right. | Chester说得对 |
[07:56] | The Frenchare completely ungrateful. | 法国人太不知感激 |
[07:57] | Here,read it yourself. | 你自己看 |
[07:59] | “Marry me.” Darcy! | “嫁给我” Darcy |
[08:01] | Henry finally proposed! | Henery到底求婚了 |
[08:03] | Yeah,in a telegram. | 通过一封电报 |
[08:05] | Well,who cares? | 谁在意这个 |
[08:06] | All you have to do now is say yes. | 你只要说我愿意就好 |
[08:09] | Aren’t you happy? | 你不高兴吗 |
[08:11] | It’s what you always wanted. | 这不是你期待已久的嘛 |
[08:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:14] | That’s what I keep telling myself.And then… | 我也这么告诉自己 可是… |
[08:19] | You don’t see any of those Parisian women waiting around for a man. | 从没有法国女人苦等着男人 |
[08:22] | They’re off at museums,reading,talking to friends in caf | 她们逛博物馆 开读书会 在咖啡馆跟朋友聊天 |
[08:25] | Not more of that feminism jargon. | 别再发表这些女权言论了 |
[08:28] | We are from Philly,Darcy. | 我们是费城人 Darcy |
[08:30] | France is… France. | 法国是…法国 |
[08:41] | I don’t know,Grace. | Grace 我说不清楚 |
[08:44] | Do you ever just feellike you could do better? | 你从没想过我们能过的更好吗? |
[08:55] | Darcy,listen to me. | Darcy 听我说 |
[08:58] | Henry is one of the last good men. | Henry是眼下难得的好男人 |
[09:00] | They don’t come alongevery day and when they do,you gotta snap them up and be grateful. | 他们不常有 一旦出现 你要赶紧抢到手 并且心存感恩 |
[09:06] | Like you and Chester? | 就像你和Chester? |
[09:08] | He let me come along herewith you,didn’t he? | 他让我跟你一起来了 不是吗? |
[09:23] | Darcy! | |
[09:29] | Darcy,come back! | Darcy 回来! |
[09:32] | I don’t know what she did to that man,but she came back a few minutes laterwith the necklace. | 我不知道她对那个人做了什么 不过没一会她就带着项链回来了 |
[09:38] | She say anything about how she got it? | 她说是怎么拿到的吗? |
[09:40] | Said she just flat out demanded it. | 她只说是尽全力要回来的 |
[09:43] | It sounds like he knew his way around.Is it possiblehe worked on the ship? | 他似乎很轻车熟路 也许是船上的工作人员呢? |
[09:46] | Well,he wore those,uh,uniform pants and those shoes they all wore. | 他是穿着–制服裤子 还有船员的鞋子 |
[09:52] | – Rough-looking guy.- When did this happen? | – 看上去很粗鲁 – 这事什么时候发生的? |
[09:55] | Day after we left Southampton. | 我们离开Southampton的第二天 |
[09:57] | Didn’t faze Darcy,but me,I-I never leftthe room after that. | 这事没影响到Darcy 但那之后 我都没敢离开房间 |
[10:06] | Ship enthusiast wants a court order for me look at any of her stuff. | 船品收藏家非要搜查令 才让我看她的东西 |
[10:10] | Took all the charm I got just to talk her out of this box. | 我施展全部魅力才拿到了这一箱 |
[10:12] | Looks like you hit the Big A mother lode. | 看起来你挖到这艘船的宝藏了 |
[10:14] | Every passenger manifest,crew list,captain’s log from the SS Americana. | SS Americana号上所有的旅客单 船员名单 还有船长日志 |
[10:18] | Check it out. | 瞧这个 |
[10:20] | Kitchen worker: Cotter Doyle,picked up by the Sergeant-at-Arms on the final voyage. | 厨工: Cotter Doyle 在最后一次航行中被总务长抓获 |
[10:25] | Petty theft,stealing cashand jewelry in tourist class. | 小偷 从客舱偷窃现金和珠宝 |
[10:29] | Detention in quarters the last day of the trip. | 航行最后一天将其拘禁在其房间中 |
[10:31] | Doyle’s quarters are on thesame deck as the engine room. | Doyle的房间和轮机舱在一层 |
[10:35] | So Darcy reports the guy;suddenly he’s cooling his heels 50 feet from wherethe body’s found. | Darcy告发了他 而他恰巧就在 发现尸体50尺远的地方面壁思过 |
[10:40] | Guys. Judge is back. | 伙计们 法官回来了 |
[10:44] | – All rise. – Sit. | – 全体起立 – 请坐 |
[10:49] | Bailiff,bring in the defendant. | 法警 带上被告 |
[10:54] | What’s he doingin street clothes? | 他怎么穿着便服? |
[10:56] | What the hell? | 怎么回事? |
[10:57] | Not good. | 不妙 |
[11:01] | Given the defendant’s lack of previous legal entanglements, | 考虑到被告在之前没有犯罪前科 |
[11:04] | his stature in the community,and his lengthy and laudable military service, | 他的社会地位 以及在军队中 多年来值得称赞的表现 |
[11:09] | the Commonwealth’s request for bail at $1 million seems excessive. | 公诉方要求一百万保释金似乎过高 |
[11:13] | In light of these facts and Major Kitchener’sperceived lack of flight risk, | 基于以上事实 以及Kitchener少校并无 乘飞机潜逃危险 |
[11:17] | I’m going to grant defense’s motion for bail reduction. | 我准许被告关于减少保释金的请求 |
[11:20] | Trial date to be determined. | 审判日期日后再定 |
[11:22] | Defendant is hereby released,Sign Own Bond. | 被告当庭释放 签字保释即可 (即被告只需自己签字即可保释) |
[11:24] | Bailiff,uncuff the Major. | 法警 给少校除去手铐 |
[11:29] | Thank you,Your Honor. | 谢谢你 法官大人 |
[11:39] | He’s walking. | 他逃脱了 |
[11:48] | Had the son of a bitch on the ropes. | 应该把那杂种吊死 |
[11:50] | Pritchard and the judge are both ex-military. | Pritchard和法官都曾在军中服役 |
[11:52] | May be a case for judicial bias,but it’s Bucks County’s call. | 也许能起诉司法偏见 但也是Bucks郡说了算 |
[11:56] | – Should have done it in Philly,kept it close to home. – All misdemeanors in Philly. | – 该在费城判 好歹是我们的地盘 – 费城无大罪 |
[11:59] | He’d be walking anyway. | 无论如何他都会逃脱的 |
[12:00] | You said they had the case to keep him in jail till the trial. | 你说过会囚禁他到庭审的 |
[12:03] | We have any recourse?File a motion,something? | 我们没有追索权吗? 提出动议什么的? |
[12:05] | We got nothing.He’s out till they get a conviction. | 什么都没有 他在定罪前都是自由身 |
[12:08] | What kind of chance we got of that now? | 我们现在还有什么机会? |
[12:09] | Come on,guys. | 来吧 伙计们 |
[12:10] | You can’t control the judges.You know that. | 你不能控制法官 你知道的 |
[12:12] | All I know is the guy who tried to kill me is on the street. | 我只知道那个想把我弄死的畜生自由了 |
[12:18] | Bad day? | 心情不好? |
[12:21] | Matter of fact,yeah. | 当然是啊 |
[12:24] | But let’s try and keep my bad day from becoming your bad day. | 别让我的坏心情影响到你 |
[12:28] | Either way,it beats working. | 不管怎样都已经影响工作了 |
[12:29] | Working. | 工作 |
[12:31] | A 60-something-year-old bellboy. | 六十多岁的调酒师 |
[12:32] | That’s a stellarcareer track,Doyle. | 事业挺成功的 Doyle |
[12:34] | Rehabilitative opportunity. | 这是我的第二次机会 |
[12:37] | Mind my Ps and Qs,maybe I get to stay on this side of the barsfor a while. | 只要我注意约束自己 也许我能干上一段时间 |
[12:41] | Booted off the Big A for sticky fingers in ’66. | 你1966年因为偷窃被踢出了大美国号 |
[12:44] | You got 20 theft counts on your record since. | 那之后你又有20次偷窃记录 |
[12:46] | What the hell’s the matter with you? | 你到底怎么回事? |
[12:47] | It’s medical.I got a condition. | 是生理原因 我有病 |
[12:50] | Pathological kleptomania.I can’t help myself. | 病态偷窃癖 我控制不了自己 |
[12:53] | That what happened with Darcy Curtis back on the SS Americana? | 这就是你为什么在SS Americana号上 偷Darcy Curtis的东西? |
[12:56] | Who? | 谁? |
[12:58] | I don’t know any Darcy Curtis. | 我不认识什么Darcy Curtis |
[12:59] | No?’Cause we got a witness putting you in her stateroom with your condition. | 是吗? 我们有证人说你在她房里犯过病 |
[13:03] | Now,she came after you.A day later,she winds up dead. | 她抓到了你 一天之后 她就死了 |
[13:06] | 50 feet from where you were “detained in quarters.” | 就离你”拘禁”的舱房50尺 |
[13:11] | Murdered?They-They said she jumped. | 谋杀? 他–他们说她从船上跳下去了 |
[13:14] | Yeah,off a landing in the engine room. | 是啊 掉在了轮机舱里 |
[13:19] | Walk me through this,Doyle. | 能跟我解释一下吗 Doyle |
[13:21] | All right.She files a report against your thieving ass,and it stirs up a mess of trouble… | 好吧 她说要揭发我偷窃的事 这会带来很多麻烦… |
[13:25] | No report.She didn’t want trouble. | 她也嫌麻烦不想报告 |
[13:30] | But there was something she wanted. | 不过她有想要的东西 |
[13:33] | (“What’d I Say” by Ray Charles playing) | |
[13:46] | Give it. | 还我 |
[13:47] | What,are you crazy? | 什么 你疯了吗? |
[13:49] | It’s just a hunk of silver to you. | 这对你来说只是一条破银链 |
[13:52] | All right.No hard feelings then? | 好吧 你不介意吧? |
[13:54] | I ought to turn you in. | 我该举报你的 |
[13:56] | I’m hooked inon this ship. | 我是这船的船员 |
[13:57] | – Anything you want,I can get it. – Really? | – 你想要什么我都可以给你 – 真的吗? |
[14:00] | Tickets to a show? | 表演的票子? |
[14:01] | Private tour,extra towels? | 随意参观 额外的毛巾? |
[14:02] | You name it. | 你说吧 |
[14:05] | Captain’s Ballroom. | 船长舞厅 |
[14:07] | Oh,you want to go shake it with the mucket-mucks. | 你想去和那些富家子共舞啊 |
[14:11] | I can get you in the busboy entrance. | 我能让你从餐工的入口进去 |
[14:14] | – When? – Tonight. | – 什么时候? – 今晚 |
[14:16] | So I just… show up? | |
[14:18] | Lady,all you need are the right shoes and the right attitude. | 姑娘 你要带的只是合适的鞋子和优雅的谈吐 |
[14:25] | Miss Thang. | 妄自尊大的女人 |
[14:27] | She had the attitude covered.That’s for sure. | 她有那种气质 这点我能肯定 |
[14:29] | You saying she didn’t turn you in? | 就是说她没有检举你? |
[14:31] | You can ask the first class head steward. | 你可以去问头等舱的乘务长 |
[14:33] | Commodore Tightass. | 小气鬼老大 |
[14:35] | Gave me hell for sneaking her in there. | 因为带她进去害我挨了顿臭骂 |
[14:39] | Know where she got the snazzy shoes? | 你知道她哪弄到那时髦鞋子的? |
[14:41] | Nope.But if she had been wearing those in the Captain’s Ballroom that night, | 不知道 不过要是她穿那双鞋子 去船长舞厅 |
[14:46] | she would have never got caught. | 就绝不会被抓到 |
[14:57] | Come here. | 进来 |
[15:05] | You defended me. | 你为我辩护 |
[15:07] | – What? – Bucks County Courthouse,2:14 pm. | – 什么? – Bucks郡法院 下午2:14 |
[15:10] | You defended me. | 你为我辩护 |
[15:11] | – No I didn’t. – You totally did. | – 我没有 – 你绝对有 |
[15:13] | What’s your point,Curtis? | 你要说什么 Curtis? |
[15:15] | Nothing.Just,you won’t go outon a second date with me, | 没事 只是–你不再跟我约会了 |
[15:17] | but you will go to bat for mein front of your crew. | 可你愿意在同事面前为我辩护 |
[15:20] | I didn’t say I wouldn’t go out with you again. | 我没说不再和你约会啊 |
[15:22] | You’re just not returning my calls. | 可你从不回我的电话 |
[15:23] | I thought you didn’t use voice mail. | 我以为你不用语音信箱呢 |
[15:25] | Come on,Kat.I thought… | 拜托 Kat 我以为… |
[15:30] | I thought we had a good dinner. | 我以为那次晚餐很愉快 |
[15:32] | Good conversation. | 我们聊得投机 |
[15:34] | Great wine. | 葡萄酒也很棒 |
[15:35] | – Right? – ’90 Bordeaux. | – 不是吗? – 90年的波尔多 |
[15:37] | Perfect with the filet. | 跟菲力牛排是绝配 |
[15:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:40] | So,what the hell happened? | 那是怎么回事? |
[15:43] | You took me home and you didn’t even… | 你带我回家 可你都没… |
[15:49] | I mean,I thought we had a thing,and then I wasn’t sure. | 我以为我们有感觉 现在我又不确定了 |
[15:52] | And I just… Look,Idon’t have a lot of time. | |
[15:54] | I got a kid,and so do you. | 我有小孩 你也是 |
[15:56] | You know,I don’t know… | |
[16:05] | So?What do you say? | 你刚才要说什么? |
[16:10] | Uh,yeah. | 嗯 |
[16:12] | All right,then. | 那好吧 |
[16:13] | Good. | 好的 |
[16:15] | Um,got to go. | 我得走了 |
[16:32] | What’s up with Miller? | Miller怎么了? |
[16:34] | Good question.What do you got? | 问得好 你有什么线索? |
[16:36] | Those shoes left on the deck? | 在甲板上的鞋子? |
[16:37] | Turns out they’reGloria Marks. | 是Gloria Marks的 |
[16:40] | – What,designer? – One of a kind.Very expensive. | – 是什么 名师设计? – 每款只有一双 贵得吓人 |
[16:42] | Exclusively sold two places: a boutique in Milan and on board the SS Americana. | 只在两个地方出售: 米兰的专卖店 和SS Americana号上 |
[16:47] | Too rich for Darcy’ssteerage budget. | Darcy这个二等舱乘客是买不起的 |
[16:49] | Question is,who bought Cinderella her slippers? | 问题是 谁给灰姑娘准备了玻璃鞋? |
[16:52] | Found our first classhead steward. | 找出我们的一等事务长 |
[16:54] | Crew log has him as Geoffrey Manning. | 根据船员日志 他叫Geoffrey Manning |
[16:57] | He’s standing right next to Darcy. | 他当时就站在Darcy的旁边 |
[16:58] | Opportunity to spare. | 同样有嫌疑 |
[17:00] | Knew the ship,the engine room… | 对船 轮机舱了如指掌… |
[17:02] | Works as a maitre at Gibbs Steakhouse on Rittenhouse Square now. | 现为里顿豪斯广场Gibbs牛排餐厅的领班 |
[17:05] | Gibbs?Same family that owned the liner company that ran the Big A? | Gibbs? 拥有远洋公司 运营大美国号的那个家族? |
[17:08] | The one and only. | 独此一家 |
[17:09] | I’ve been trying to get areservation there for years. | 我一直想在他们那定位 |
[17:12] | They’re always booked.I got this one. | 他们总是满坐 我现在有了这个 |
[17:16] | Go get ’em,tiger. | 去搞定他们 老虎 |
[17:21] | Allow me to check our reservation book. | 请容许我查看一下订座本 |
[17:26] | I’m sorry,sir,but that night is completely booked,as well. | 我很抱歉 先生 那晚也全部定满了 |
[17:30] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:31] | Right. | 好的 |
[17:34] | What can I do for you,Detective? | 警探 有什么能为您服务? |
[17:37] | That obvious,huh? | 我就这么明显吗 哼? |
[17:38] | It’s the shoes. | 是因为你穿的鞋 |
[17:43] | You remember this lady?Name’s Darcy Curtis. | 你记得这位女士吗?名叫Darcy Curtis |
[17:47] | You want to look at it? | 你想看看吗? |
[17:49] | Or is that like your little trick with the nonexistent reservation book? | 或象你那本虚构的订座本把戏一样? |
[17:51] | I’m sure you can see that I’m very busy. | 我确定你可以看到我很忙 |
[17:54] | Falling all over yourself keeping the Gibbs family happy. | 对你将Gibbs家族服侍得很愉快 我佩服得五体投地 |
[17:57] | First on their ship,now here. | 先是船上 现在又是这里 |
[17:58] | It’s called loyalty,Detective.And it’s a two-way street. | 这叫忠诚 警探 而且这是互惠互利的 |
[18:02] | Well,I ain’t in a hurry. | 嗯 我没有急事 |
[18:04] | I’m just going to call up a few of my,uh… | 我只是想打电话给我的几个 嗯… |
[18:06] | cheap shoe-wearing buddies,knock back a few at the bar. | 穿廉价鞋的伙伴 在这里狂饮尽兴一番 |
[18:08] | Carpet’s treatedfor fluids,right? | 酒撒地毯上没关系吧? |
[18:14] | I remember her. | 我记得她 |
[18:15] | Mixed-up girl. | 脑子拎不清的女孩 |
[18:17] | She jumped overboard on our last voyage. | 我们最后一次航行时 她跳出了船 |
[18:20] | Very sad. | 是个悲剧 |
[18:21] | Found her yesterday in the engine room,her body stuffedunder a stairwell. | 昨天在轮机舱发现了她 尸体塞在楼梯间里 |
[18:25] | Heard you booted her outof the Captain’s Ballroom night before she died. | 听说在她死前 你把她从船长舞会中撵了出来 |
[18:28] | Same night as that picture. | 就是拍这张照片的那晚 |
[18:30] | Well,I did see her that night,but I wasn’t the one who gave her a problem. | 我那晚见过她 但我不是找她麻烦的人 |
[18:39] | Where did you get this outfit? | 你从哪搞到的衣服? |
[18:41] | It’s perfectly obscene. | 真是不上档次 |
[18:43] | Those shoes. | 还有这鞋子 |
[18:45] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[18:47] | You-You do? | 你-你知道? |
[18:49] | They told me the Countess of Montpensier was traveling incognito. | 他们告诉我蒙庞西埃伯爵夫人微服出游 |
[18:54] | Oh,don’t worry. | 哦 别担心 |
[18:55] | No one willrecognize you in that. | 穿成这样没人会认出你 |
[18:57] | Your secret is safe with me. | 我不会把你的秘密说出去的 |
[18:59] | There you are,darling.I’ve been looking all over for you. | 你在这啊 亲爱的 我到处找你 |
[19:03] | You’re with the Countess? | 你和伯爵夫人一起? |
[19:05] | Duke of Wilkes-Barre. | Wilkes-Barre公爵 |
[19:07] | Now,if you’ll excuse us… | 现在请容许我们… |
[19:11] | That woman is an insufferable gossip. | 那女人八卦得让人受不了 |
[19:12] | I figured I’d spare you,seeing that you’re… new to the scene. | 我要多抽点时间陪陪你 你好像…很少出席这种场合 |
[19:16] | I beg your pardon. | 什么 |
[19:18] | Didn’t you hear? | 你没听到吗? |
[19:20] | I’m a countess. | 我是伯爵夫人 |
[19:21] | Well… That’s not going to save youfrom that officious steward headed over to boot you out on your royal ass. | 那也不能阻止那好管闲事的 事务长过来踢你出去 |
[19:27] | Piano,quick. | 到钢琴旁 快 |
[19:32] | Think you can keep up? | 觉得你能跟上吗? |
[19:33] | Please. | 请吧 |
[19:34] | Don’t you read your society pages? | 你都不读报纸的社交版吗? |
[19:37] | Don’t throw Bouquets at me | |
[19:44] | Don’t please my folks too much | |
[19:51] | Don’t laughat my jokes too much | |
[19:57] | People will saywe’re in love | |
[20:04] | Your eyes mustn’t glow like mine People will saywe’re in love. | |
[20:23] | – She’s drunk. – Grace? | – 她喝醉了 |
[20:32] | You’ve got your hands full,don’t you? | 你忙得不可开交 是吗? |
[20:38] | After that,I didn’t havethe heart to kick her out. | 然后我就没心思去赶她出去了 |
[20:41] | Things had been going so well before her friend became… chemically inconvenienced. | 在她朋友…喝醉之前一切都很好 |
[20:47] | What about this “Duke”?Piano Man got a name? | 这个”公爵”呢? 钢琴男叫这个名字? |
[20:49] | Not sure.Ship had no shortage of eligible bachelors that night. | 不清楚 那晚船上不缺黄金单身汉 |
[20:53] | Miss Curtis’s singingmade quite an impression. | Curtis小姐的歌声给我留下深刻印象 |
[20:56] | You ever see her again after that night? | 那晚以后你还有没见过她? |
[20:57] | She left a few minutes later. | 她不久后就离开了 |
[20:59] | I never saw her or her charming friend again. | 我再也没见到她和她那位迷人的朋友 |
[21:09] | Heard about what happened in court today,Lil. | 我听说了今天庭上的事 Lil |
[21:12] | He smiled at me. | 他嘲笑我 |
[21:16] | The bastard smiled at me,boss. | 老大 那混蛋嘲笑我 |
[21:18] | You let it get personal,Lil,it could get messy. | 如果你把它变成私人恩怨 事情就会一团糟 |
[21:20] | It’s already messy. | 已经一团糟了 |
[21:21] | Guy ran me off the road. | 那家伙把我撞出马路 |
[21:23] | And now he’s walking. | 现在他就这样轻易脱身 |
[21:25] | Just do your job.Let the rest work itself out. | 做好你自己的事 剩下的顺其自然 |
[21:27] | – I’m not sure I can do that. – Well,find a way. | – 我不确定能不能行 – 想办法 |
[21:31] | You’ve got to get past this,Lil. | 你得放下这件事 Lil |
[21:34] | Moe will get his day. | Moe总会有报应的 |
[21:39] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:49] | ou a happily married woman back in ’66,Grace? | Grace 在1966年时 你是个快乐的已婚妇女? |
[21:54] | Well,of course. | 哦 当然 |
[21:56] | Chester was oneof the last good men. | Chester是难得的好男人之一 |
[21:59] | You ever cheat on him? | 你有没骗过他? |
[22:01] | What kind of question is that? | 这是什么话? |
[22:02] | We heard about you hooking up with some tosspot Casanova from first class,slinking down to his room. | 我们听说你和某个头等舱的花花公子 勾搭上了 偷偷爬上他的床 |
[22:08] | Oh,my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[22:09] | I can see why you didn’t bring that up last time we talked. | 可以理解上次我们谈话时 你干嘛没说 |
[22:12] | That wasn’t me. | 那不是我 |
[22:14] | That was the liquor.It’s the first timeI ever drank like that. | 都是酒精惹的祸 那是我第一次喝成那样 |
[22:18] | You worried about Darcykeeping a lid on it? | 你担心Darcy不帮你隐瞒这事? |
[22:20] | Afraid she’d tell Chester about your night of romance? | 怕她告诉Chester你的一夜风流? |
[22:23] | Darcy didn’t judge me for it. | Darcy没有苛责我 |
[22:25] | She said I was hard enoughon myself. | 她说我对自己已经够严苛了 |
[22:29] | I was so ashamed. | 我觉得很羞耻 |
[22:34] | The guy Darcy was hanging with at the party,you ever catch his name? | 舞会上和Darcy一起的那个人 你知道他叫什么吗? |
[22:39] | No,she never told me. | 不 她从来没告诉我 |
[22:40] | But whoever he was,he was trouble. | 但不管他是谁 他都是个麻烦 |
[22:57] | “Dear Countess of Montpensier, | “亲爱的蒙旁西埃伯爵夫人 |
[23:03] | …the Duke of Wilkes-Barre requests the honor “of your presence at dinner for two on the ship’s private deck.” | Wilkes-Barre公爵荣幸地邀请您 出席船上私人甲板的晚餐” |
[23:12] | Isn’t it romantic? | 这样浪漫不? |
[23:13] | I can only wonder what he wants in return. | 我只想知道他想得到什么 |
[23:15] | Oh,please,Grace.Let me enjoy this. | 别这样 Grace 让我尽情享受这些 |
[23:17] | If only it were that easy. | 如果有那么简单就好 |
[23:21] | Where are the seasick pills? | 晕船药在哪? |
[23:28] | What are these? | 这是什么? |
[23:30] | – Nothing. – Birth control pills? | – 没什么 – 避孕丸? |
[23:32] | Darcy,is this what you werebought at the pharmacy near the Champs d’Elysee? | Darcy这是你在爱丽舍旁边药店里买的吗? |
[23:34] | So what if it is? | 是又怎么样? |
[23:37] | Times are changing,Grace. | 时代在变化 Grace |
[23:40] | I can tell. | 我看得出来 |
[23:42] | Just not sureif it’s for the better. | 只是不敢确定 这样好吗 |
[23:44] | Of course it is. | 当然好 |
[23:45] | The first time in my life that I feel like I have a choice,and I like it. | 这是我生平第一次觉得我有得选 而且我很喜欢 |
[23:49] | I just hope that you’re thinking this through. | 我只希望你能想清楚 |
[23:53] | I’m not. | 我不能 |
[23:55] | And that’s what feelsso damn good about it. | 而且我对此感觉好极了 |
[24:01] | Isn’t it beautiful? | 漂亮吗? |
[24:07] | Maybe she was right. | 也许她是对的 |
[24:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:11] | And this is the night Darcy disappeared? | 那是Darcy失踪的那晚? |
[24:13] | She put on those clothesand she went to meet him. | 她换上新衣服 然后去见他 |
[24:18] | Oh,it’s the last time I saw her,and I was so pettyabout her stupid pills. | 那是我最后一次见到她 而且我对她愚蠢的小药丸心怀芥蒂 |
[24:25] | Sure you weren’t jealous,all that attentionDarcy was getting? | 你确定没因为Darcy倍受关注而妒忌? |
[24:28] | Well,sure,who wouldn’t want to be Cinderella for a night? | 当然没 谁不想当一夜的灰姑娘? |
[24:34] | There’s a ledger from the onboard boutique. | 这有本船上时装店的账本 |
[24:36] | A big order on the account of Tucker Benton. | Tucker Benton名下有一大笔订单 |
[24:40] | Five dresses,six pairs of shoes– expensive. | 5套裙子 6双鞋子-很贵 |
[24:43] | “Tucker Benton.” Name wasn’t on the passenger list. | “Tucker Benton” 乘客名单里没这个人 |
[24:47] | That’s because he wasn’t a passenger. | 那是因为他不是乘客 |
[24:49] | He was an employee of Gibbs Shipping Lines. | 他是Gibbs船运公司的雇员 |
[24:52] | Took care of the first-class service.Just got thisfrom the library. | 为一等舱提供服务 刚从图书馆查到的 |
[24:56] | Tucker Benton was engaged to the boss’s daughter. | Tucker Benton和老板的女儿订婚了 |
[24:58] | Heiress apparent to the Gibbs family fortune. | Gibbs家族财富的法定继承人 |
[25:01] | Explains how he got the cush job,living the life of Reilly on that ship. | 这样解释了他怎么找到份来钱的工作 在船上过着富实的工作 |
[25:04] | Where’s he today? | 他现在在哪? |
[25:05] | Lives on a boat down at Penn’s Landing. | 在宾州境内的一艘船上 |
[25:07] | Long John Stillman is on his way with Scotty,see what’s what. | John Stillman和Scotty正在去的路上 看看怎么回事 |
[25:12] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[25:16] | So,those wingtips you clunk around in,how much they set you back? | 那你穿的这双温提普鞋 花了多少钱? |
[25:23] | Well,if you gotta ask,you don’t wanna know. | 如果你想问 你不会想知道的 |
[25:29] | All right,look… Talk to my man. | 好吧 瞧… 和我朋友谈谈 |
[25:33] | He’ll set you up. | 他会帮你安排 |
[25:41] | Beat it. | 快走 |
[25:45] | You got it,didn’t you? | 你知道了 对吧? |
[25:48] | The trial date. | 审判日期 |
[25:49] | Oh,uh,looking at May 15. | 呃…5月15号 |
[25:55] | Eight months? | 要等8个月? |
[25:57] | – Guy’s gonna be out there… – Yeah. | – 那家伙会逍遥法外… – 是啊 |
[26:04] | Listen… I’m sorry about all this. | 听着… 对此我很抱歉 |
[26:10] | I’m not the one you should be sorry for. | 你该道歉的对象不是我 |
[26:20] | Chris Craft,’66. | Chris Craft公司出产的船 1966年 |
[26:25] | Yeah.37-footSparkman Stevens design. | 37英尺 Sparkman Stevens设计的 |
[26:30] | Winter in Grenada. | 冬天要到格林纳达 |
[26:31] | Gotta move quick before the weather gets fresh. | 动作得快点 免得天气变坏 |
[26:34] | Nice ride,but it doesn’t hold a candleto the Big A,though,does it? | 很不错的船 但给大美国号提鞋都够不上 对吧? |
[26:39] | What’s this about? | 什么意思? |
[26:40] | The great thing about sailing,there’s no laws out there on the high seas. | 航海的一大乐趣在于 在公海上毫无法律制约 |
[26:43] | You can get away with anything. | 不管干了什么都可以逍遥法外 |
[26:45] | Like with Darcy Curtis. | 比方说Darcy Curtis |
[26:47] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么? |
[26:49] | Darcy… jumped overboard. | Darcy… 跳船了 |
[26:52] | They found her body on the ship wearing a fancy dress. | 他们在船上发现了她的尸体 穿着盛装 |
[26:55] | Any idea where she might have gotten it from? | 知道她从哪弄的衣服吗? |
[27:00] | I bought it for her. | 我给她买的 |
[27:02] | My God,what happened to her? | 天哪 到底发生了什么? |
[27:06] | You give a statement when she disappeared? | 她失踪时你录口供了吗? |
[27:08] | No,no,I didn’t. | 没 没录 |
[27:09] | It’s strange,seeing as you were with her that night,right? | 这太奇怪了 毕竟当晚你和她在一起 对吧? |
[27:12] | Are you saying that I had something to do with hurting Darcy? | 你是说我和这事有关? |
[27:15] | You had a lot to lose,anyonefound out about the affair. | 一旦情事败露 你可就亏大了 |
[27:18] | Thinking about your fianc in particular. | 尤其是考虑到你的未婚妻 |
[27:21] | Millie and I– our engagement was a mistake. | Millie和我… 我们的订婚是个错误 |
[27:24] | I called it off the day we docked.Ask her yourself. | 船靠岸当天我就取消了婚约 你可以去问她 |
[27:27] | I will. | 我会的 |
[27:29] | Until Darcy came along,there was only one lady for me: the SS Americana. | Darcy出现以前 我的生命里 只有一个女人 SS Americana号游轮 |
[27:38] | This is the romantic spot? | 这儿多浪漫啊 |
[27:41] | Gotta say,Duke… Your castle kind of smellslike engine oil. | 我得说 公爵…你的城堡闻起来像润滑油 |
[27:46] | This is the most beautiful spot on the ship. | 这是整艘船上最美丽的地方 |
[27:50] | All those gorgeous linestopside,all that finery,it’s nothingwithout this room, | 所有甲板上的舷索 那些华丽的装饰 离开这间屋子就什么都不是 |
[27:55] | this fire in her belly pushing her on. | 是她腹中的激情推动她前进的 |
[27:58] | I sound like a lunatic. | 我听上去像个疯子 |
[27:59] | Stark raving. | 十足的疯话 |
[28:03] | You know,it’s,um,it’s the same thing I see in you,Darcy. | 你知道吗…我在你身上看到了相同的东西 |
[28:11] | Beautiful,but that same fire inside. | 同样美好的激情 |
[28:30] | Let me,let me guess. | 让我猜猜看 |
[28:33] | Some handsome Joe back home gave this to you,right? | 家乡的某个帅哥给你的 对吧? |
[28:35] | – It’s not what you think. – What is it,then? | – 不是那回事 – 那是怎样? |
[28:37] | It just reminds meof who I was. | 仅仅是为了提醒我 自己曾经什么样 |
[28:42] | Well… at least,who I think I was. | 唔…至少记住我认为自己曾经什么样 |
[28:45] | And what kind of person is that? | 你曾是怎样一个人呢? |
[28:47] | The kind who falls in line,accepts things the way they are. | 那种规规矩矩 墨守成规的人 |
[28:50] | Doing whateveryone expects just because they expect it just feels… I don’t know. | 完全遵照他人的期望行事 那感觉好像… 我说不好 |
[28:57] | Like giving up. | 好像绝望了 |
[29:02] | I know what you mean. | 我明白你的意思 |
[29:04] | You do? | 真的? |
[29:09] | I’m engaged,Darcy. | 我订婚了 Darcy |
[29:13] | I should have told you earlier. | 我早该告诉你 |
[29:17] | it just doesn’t really seem real. | 它感觉似乎不真实 |
[29:23] | Do you… do you love her? | 你… 你爱她吗? |
[29:28] | I thought I did. | 我原以为是的 |
[29:30] | But now… well,all I know is that her family wanted it to happen, | 但现在…我只知道 她家人希望我们结婚 |
[29:37] | and… and then that was that. | 然后… 就那回事了 |
[29:41] | It’s crazy.She,um,she hates boats. | 真是疯狂 她… 她恨船 |
[29:46] | She gets seasickthe second she steps on one.w | 她一踏上船就晕 |
[29:48] | And I-I would be just as happy never to set foot on dry land again. | 而我…即使永不踏上陆地也一样开心 |
[29:52] | Hell,I’d-I’d even get married out here. | 见鬼 我甚至想在这儿结婚 |
[29:55] | That’s the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过最浪漫的事了 |
[30:04] | Well… Tucker,wait. | 哦… Tucker 等等 |
[30:08] | I mean… we can’t. | 我是说… 我们不能 |
[30:13] | Can we? | 能吗? |
[30:14] | We have two hours until we dock. | 离靠岸还有两个钟头 |
[30:22] | Wow,decided to get married right then and there. | 就在那一刻决定结婚 |
[30:27] | I told her I didn’t comefrom money. | 我告诉他 我出身并不富裕 |
[30:29] | So without the Gibbs,there’d be no more fancy dresses or parties. | 所以 离开Gibbs家族 就不再有盛装和舞会了 |
[30:34] | Didn’t care. | 她不在乎 |
[30:36] | Said all she wanted was me and the open sea. | 说她想要的只有我和大海 |
[30:39] | Crazy as it was,at that moment we were clearabout what we wanted,right then. | 确实很疯狂 那一刻我们非常清楚自己想要什么 |
[30:46] | We wanted each other. | 我们想要彼此 |
[30:50] | You together the rest of that night? | 那晚其余时间 你们一直在一起? |
[30:51] | No,no,she went down to change into one of the dressesI bought her. | 没有 她下楼去换衣服 我给她买的 |
[30:56] | I told her to meet me on the bridge. | 我告诉她在桥上碰面 |
[30:59] | But the captain was so excited. | 但船长非常兴奋 |
[31:01] | He said that he would open the ballroom for us. | 他说会把舞厅借给我们 |
[31:04] | I sent the head steward down to tell herto meet me there instead. | 我让总务长去告诉她 我们改地方了 |
[31:07] | Head steward.You talking about Geoffrey Manning? | 总务长 你是说Geoffrey Manning? |
[31:09] | I drove him crazy with questionswhen he came back. | 他回来后我问东问西 快把他逼疯了 |
[31:12] | What’d she say? | 她说了什么? |
[31:13] | What was she wearing? | 她穿了什么? |
[31:15] | What’d he tell you? | 他怎么说? |
[31:17] | He told me she was wearing a red dress. | 说她穿了件红色礼服 |
[31:19] | He called it “a bold choice,” just like her. | 他称其为”大胆的选择” 就像她本人 |
[31:25] | I waited in the ballroom until the sun came up,but she never showed. | 我在舞厅等到太阳都出来了 但她始终没出现 |
[31:29] | I-I never saw her in it,but to this day I picture her in that red dress. | 我从未见过她穿那件红色礼服 但直到今天我想象她穿着它的样子 |
[31:36] | Beautiful as a sunrise at sea. | 美丽如海上朝阳 |
[31:40] | Where was she when you found her? | 你们在哪找到她的? |
[31:42] | The same place as your last date,Romeo. | 就在你们最后一次约会的地方 罗密欧 |
[31:46] | The engine room? | 轮机舱? |
[31:47] | I can’t let you sail off into the sunset just yet,Captain. | 我还不能让你驶向落日 船长 |
[31:56] | Manning lied to us.Knew exactly who “the Duke” was. | Manning对我们撒谎了 他很清楚”公爵”是谁 |
[31:58] | Uptight SOB saw Darcy in the dress she was wearingwhen she died. | 那个保守的混蛋见到Darcy时 她穿的就是被害时的衣服 |
[32:03] | Tucker was getting ready to break off his engagement with Millie,embarrass theGibbs family. | Tucker打算取消与Millie的婚约 这会让整个Gibbs家族蒙羞 |
[32:08] | Wonder how far his loyalty went. | 不知道他到底有多忠诚 |
[32:15] | ****tis died–told us you didn’t see her. | 你曾说 Darcy死亡当晚 你未曾见过她 |
[32:18] | Want to change that story? | 要改口吗? |
[32:20] | Quite a long time ago,hard to recall. | 这么久了 记不清了 |
[32:22] | You don’t remember stopping by her room to check on her? | 你到她房间去看她 这也记不得了? |
[32:24] | See what she was wearing to the wedding? | 看看婚礼上她要穿什么? |
[32:27] | Discretion,Detective. | 谨慎 侦探 |
[32:28] | Afraid it’s part of the job description. | 恐怕是我们的职责要求 |
[32:31] | Gibbs clan has been very forthcoming with their family history,Manning. | Gibbs家族一直相当友善 Manning |
[32:35] | Your father was the family butler since like,always. | 你父亲一辈子都给他们做管家 |
[32:38] | – “Geman’gentleman.” – And his father before him. | – “侍从” – 他父亲也一样 |
[32:42] | I grew up on the Gibbs estate. | 我是在Gibbs家长大的 |
[32:44] | Lived in the same house with them. | 和他们住同一幢房子 |
[32:46] | Job description include making sure Tucker Benton didn’t step out of line,embarrass the family? | 职责要求还包括阻止Tucker Benton 越位 以防家族蒙羞? |
[32:50] | Break Millie Gibbs’ heart? | 免得Millie Gibbs伤心? |
[32:54] | The Gibbs familynever instructed me to keep an eye on Mr. Benton. | Gibbs家族从未要求我监视Benton先生 |
[32:58] | Well,maybe not in so many words,but you were expected to anyway. | 可能没明说 但他们希望你那么做 |
[33:00] | Anticipate your master’s needs without having to be told. | 无需指示就能准确预测主人的需要 |
[33:04] | It was a different time,Detective. | 那时与现在不同 警探 |
[33:06] | Tucker was about to run off with some guttersnipe in steerage? | Tucker想和二等舱的丫头片子私奔? |
[33:09] | You had to step in. | 你必须插手 |
[33:10] | Damn right I stepped in. | 说对了 我插手了 |
[33:12] | I did what I had to do. | 我必须那么做 |
[33:14] | (“Drown in My Own Tears” by Ray Charles playing) | |
[33:23] | Geoffrey Manning,Miss. | 我是Geoffrey Manning 小姐 |
[33:25] | Might I have a word regarding Mr.Benton? | 关于Benton先生 我有几句话要说 |
[33:28] | Has… has Tucker changed his mind? | … Tucker改主意了? |
[33:33] | Please,Miss Curtis. | 请 Curtis小姐 |
[33:39] | You know,out here on this ship, | 你知道 在船上 |
[33:41] | it’s quite common to feel as though you’re in your own world,that anything is possible. | 很容易感觉好像活在自己的世界里 好像一切皆有可能 |
[33:47] | Is that so wrong? | 有什么错吗? |
[33:50] | Oh,I’ve felt what you now feel,all too deeply. | 我也曾有过这种感觉 非常深刻 |
[33:54] | I reached beyond my grasp… | 我觊觎我力所不能及之物… |
[33:57] | …for a woman I had no hopeof attaining. | …一个我永远不可能得到的女人 |
[34:01] | In the end,I conceded– as you must– | |
[34:06] | that it was not meant to be. | 我原本没打算如此 |
[34:09] | Meaning you gave up. | 也就是说 你放弃了 |
[34:12] | Meaning I recognized that there are things more important than my selfish desires. | 我是说 我意识到 有比自私的欲望更重要的事情 |
[34:17] | And I put my hurt feelings aside and I did what was right. | 我将痛苦的情感放在一旁 去做正确的事 可这就是正确的事 我知道它是 生活无法预测 某种意义上说 你不得不做出让步 可我们不同 Manning先生 时代不同了 听我说 你没意识到痛苦 对Benton先生 对所有卷入此事的人们 这就是你想要的吗? Benton先生正准备见你 请仔细考虑一下我的话 就为了你可怜的小把戏 很久以前 我就知道我和她是不可能的 你们青梅竹马一起长大的 我无法忍受她伤心欲绝的样子 哪怕她不属于我 我把事实告诉了Darcy 让她自己做决定 一派胡言 你不信她能做出正确的决定 就把她拖去轮机舱 把她推了下去 比那更糟 那天早上我发现了她的鞋子 而且我也没有上报 等等 船长报告说警卫队发现鞋子 是早上4:46分 可他不是第一个发现的人 就是这双鞋子? 没错 但我发现时是3:30 差不了几分钟 那么说 4:04时 Darcy 已经死了? 记得那天早上爬起来发电报的事吗 Grace? 那个时候我无法入睡 我还记得是你说半夜醒了 却忘记告诉他了 一个花花公子可以解决你众多麻烦 Grace 你想我去请… 他就在这里 别这样 听着 我知道你在干嘛 我绝不会伤害Darcy 她就像是我的家人 那又如何? 如果她嫁给Chester的表兄 Darcy和Henry会是很好的一对 他们会很幸福 就像你和Chester? 哥伦比亚大街85号 你知道那个地址吗? 不知道 那房子是登记在Chester名下 1966年1月 为什么Chester在那里有套公寓? 你不明白 他不在那里生活 那是车管局登记的投递地址 Chester离你而去了吗 Grace? 当你和Darcy一起旅行时 他就已离你而去了? 不 不 不 我们正在想解决的办法 – 得了 Grace – 我们的婚姻还没有解体 他抛弃了你 在你成婚当天就离开了 但你无法接受 你还希望维持婚姻对吗? 我没有她的勇气 那真是凄惨的婚姻 如果Darcy嫁给Henry的话 她就该是… 那将是另一段婚姻 Chester就会记起沉浸爱河是什么感受 但Darcy不会嫁给Henry,Grace Darcy 不走寻常的道路 而我 就只有孤零零一个人了 她不再关心身边的人 她只想自己掌控生活 而你不喜欢那样 船员在3:30发现了Darcy的鞋子 而且没有上报 直到今天 离发电报还有半小时 在Darcy死后 Grace Darcy的自杀遗言 是你伪装的 是你把她伪装成自杀 有什么理由那样做吗? 我从未想过伤害她 是的 你没有 Grace 告诉我到底发生了什么事 我跟着她去了轮机舱 我只想安慰她 告诉她我们能一起找到解决方法 可她一点也不在乎 Darcy 我很抱歉 我们最好忘记那件意外 你嫁给Henry 我们四个可以一起重新来过 共同梦想拥有一群孩子 不 Grace 它过去了 我回这里的原因 因为这确实是船上最有激情的地方 她腹中的激情 你在说什么? 我一定会的 我要嫁给他 就在此刻 什么 等一等 那我怎么办? 做我的伴娘 站在我身边 Darcy 我不能 为啥不能? 我看到你看他们的眼神了 穿上裙子陪我一起 这是不对的 那个男人只是利用你 你属于家庭 和我 还有Henry,Chester在一起 Chester? Grace 你知道你在说什么吗? 我们今天就计划婚礼的事 我们可以去强逊花园 定制礼服 神父可以联系Henry Grace, Chester已经抛弃你了 什么? 他走了 你不用再等他了 你可以自由选择 闭嘴 他不会回来了 大家都知道 除了你 你怎么敢这么说? |
[34:21] | Well, this is right. I know it is. | 可这就是正确的事 我知道它是 |
[34:24] | Life no fairytale, Miss Curtis. | 生活无法预测 某种意义上说 |
[34:26] | Some point, you have to give back the sleepers. | 你不得不做出让步 |
[34:28] | It’s different for us, Mister Manning. | 可我们不同 |
[34:31] | – It’s a different time. – Listen to me… | Manning先生 |
[34:33] | It only ends in pain for you, | 时代不同了 听我说 |
[34:35] | for Mister Benton and for everyone involved. | 你没意识到痛苦 对Benton先生 |
[34:38] | Is that what you want ? | 对所有卷入此事的人们 这就是你想要的吗? |
[34:42] | M. Benton is prepare to shoot himself in a foot over you. | Benton先生正准备见你 |
[34:45] | Please, think about what I said, before he pulls the trigger. | 请仔细考虑一下我的话 就为了你可怜的小把戏 |
[34:55] | I have long ago realised that my love for her was an impossibility. | 很久以前 我就知道我和她是不可能的 |
[35:00] | Millie Gibbs. | 你们青梅竹马一起长大的 |
[35:02] | You grew up together. | |
[35:04] | I couldn’t bear for her heart to be brocken. | 我无法忍受她伤心欲绝的样子 |
[35:07] | Even if she wasn’t mine. | 哪怕她不属于我 |
[35:11] | I told Darcy the facts, left the decision up to her. | 我把事实告诉了Darcy 让她自己做决定 |
[35:14] | Lot of crap. | 一派胡言 |
[35:15] | You didn’t trust her to make the right decision, | 你不信她能做出正确的决定 |
[35:17] | so you drag her to the engin room, | 就把她拖去轮机舱 |
[35:19] | and you make the floor. | 把她推了下去 |
[35:20] | Far worse, detective. | 比那更糟 |
[35:22] | I found her shoes on the deck that morning. | 那天早上我发现了她的鞋子 |
[35:26] | – And I didn’t report it. – Hold on. | 而且我也没有上报 |
[35:28] | Captain’s report said that the master-at-arms | 等等 |
[35:31] | found the shoes at 4h46 am. | 船长报告说警卫队发现鞋子 是早上4:46分 |
[35:34] | He wasn’t the first person to found them. | 可他不是第一个发现的人 |
[35:37] | Is this the shoes you saw ? | 就是这双鞋子? |
[35:40] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[35:41] | About 3h30… | 但我发现时是3:30 差不了几分钟 |
[35:44] | – give it or take a fex minuts. – So at 4h04… | 那么说 4:04时 |
[35:48] | Darcy was already dead. | Darcy 已经死了? |
[35:52] | You remember waking up the ship’s telegram operator | 记得那天早上爬起来发电报的事吗 |
[35:54] | Grace? at 4h in the morning, Grace ? | |
[35:56] | I would be asleep at that hour. | 那个时候我无法入睡 |
[35:58] | he remembers you clearly, | 我还记得是你说半夜醒了 |
[36:00] | waking up in the middle of the night, and forgot to tip him. | 却忘记告诉他了 |
[36:04] | One lousy buck could have save you lot of trouble, Grace. | 一个花花公子可以解决你众多麻烦 Grace |
[36:09] | Hey, you want to ask him about it ? | 你想我去请… 他就在这里 |
[36:11] | – He’s right here. – No, stop, look, I know what you’re doing. | 别这样 听着 我知道你在干嘛 |
[36:16] | I would never hurt Darcy. | 我绝不会伤害Darcy |
[36:22] | – She was like family. – She would have been | 她就像是我的家人 |
[36:24] | if she had married Chester’s cousin. | 那又如何? 如果她嫁给Chester的表兄 |
[36:27] | Darcy and Henry were a good couple, they would have been very happy. | Darcy和Henry会是很好的一对 他们会很幸福 |
[36:32] | Like you and Chester ? | 就像你和Chester? |
[36:34] | 85 Cumberland street. | 哥伦比亚大街85号 |
[36:36] | You know that adress ? | 你知道那个地址吗? |
[36:39] | No. | 不知道 |
[36:40] | ???? with Chester name on it. January 66. | 不知道 那房子是登记在Chester名下 1966年1月 |
[36:44] | Now why would Chester had a appartment | 为什么Chester在那里有套公寓? |
[36:46] | ???? | |
[36:48] | You don’t understand, he didn’t leave there. | 你不明白 他不在那里生活 |
[36:51] | His mail forward, dmv records. | 那是车管局登记的投递地址 |
[36:53] | Does Chester leave you, Grace ? | Chester离你而去了吗 Grace? |
[36:56] | Had he already left you when you took that trip with Darcy ? | 当你和Darcy一起旅行时 他就已离你而去了? |
[36:59] | No, no, no, no… | 不 不 |
[37:01] | – We were working things out. – Come on, Grace. | 不 我们正在想解决的办法 |
[37:03] | – It wasn’t over. – I spoke to his family. | – 得了 Grace |
[37:06] | He was stepping out on you pratically from your wedding night. | – 我们的婚姻还没有解体 他抛弃了你 在你成婚当天就离开了 |
[37:11] | But you couldn’t admit it. | 但你无法接受 |
[37:14] | Either way, why you still hanging on that wedding photo. | 你还希望维持婚姻对吗? |
[37:18] | I didn’t have her courage. | 我没有她的勇气 |
[37:21] | And misery loves company, right ? | 那真是凄惨的婚姻 |
[37:24] | If Darcy had just married Henry, like she was supposed to, | 如果Darcy嫁给Henry的话 她就该是… |
[37:27] | There would have been another wedding. | 那将是另一段婚姻 |
[37:29] | Chester would have remember what it was like to “be in love” | Chester就会记起沉浸爱河是什么感受 |
[37:32] | But Darcy wasn’t going to marry Henry, Grace. | 但Darcy不会嫁给Henry,Grace |
[37:35] | Darcy grew wings. | Darcy 不走寻常的道路 |
[37:37] | And I was all alone. | 而我 就只有孤零零一个人了 |
[37:41] | But she didn’t care what other people thought anymore. | 她不再关心身边的人 |
[37:43] | She was gonna take this situation into her own hands, | 她只想自己掌控生活 |
[37:46] | and you didn’t like that. | 而你不喜欢那样 |
[37:50] | The steward found Darcy’s shoes at 3:30 AM. | 船员在3:30发现了Darcy的鞋子 |
[37:53] | Never say anything until today. | 而且没有上报 |
[37:55] | This was send half a hour later. | 直到今天 离发电报还有半小时 |
[37:58] | After Darcy was dead, Grace. | 在Darcy死后 Grace |
[38:00] | Darcy’s suicide note… you wrote it. | Darcy的自杀遗言 是你伪装的 |
[38:04] | You send it. | 是你把她伪装成自杀 |
[38:07] | Was it only one reason to do that ? | 有什么理由那样做吗? |
[38:18] | I never meant to hurt her. | 我从未想过伤害她 |
[38:20] | No, you didn’t, Grace. | 是的 你没有 Grace |
[38:24] | It’s time to tell us what happen. | 告诉我到底发生了什么事 |
[38:33] | I followed her to the engin room. | 我跟着她去了轮机舱 |
[38:38] | I just wanted to confort her… | 我只想安慰她 |
[38:41] | To tell her we could work things out together. | 告诉她我们能一起找到解决方法 |
[38:47] | But she didn’t care. | 可她一点也不在乎 |
[38:55] | Darcy | Darcy, I’m sorry. |
[38:57] | Once we dock, you’ll forget all about that dandy. | 我很抱歉 我们最好忘记那件意外 |
[39:00] | You’ll marry Henry, You’ll settle in, | 你嫁给Henry |
[39:04] | and the four of us will have so much fun together. | 我们四个可以一起重新来过 |
[39:07] | – Like we dream when we were kids. – No, Grace… | 共同梦想拥有一群孩子 |
[39:11] | He was right. | 不 |
[39:14] | The reason I came back her… | Grace 它过去了 我回这里的原因 |
[39:17] | that really is the most beautiful spot of the ship. | 因为这确实是船上最有激情的地方 |
[39:23] | The fire in the belly. | 她腹中的激情 |
[39:28] | What are you talking about ? | 你在说什么? |
[39:31] | I’m gonna do it. | 我一定会的 我要嫁给他 |
[39:34] | I’m gonna marry him. | 就在此刻 什么 |
[39:37] | – Righht now. – Wait ! | 等一等 那我怎么办? |
[39:44] | – What about me ? – Be my maid of honnor. | 做我的伴娘 站在我身边 |
[39:48] | – Stay by my side. – Darcy, I can’t. | Darcy 我不能 |
[39:51] | Yes, you can. I saw the way you were looking at those dresses. | 为啥不能? 我看到你看他们的眼神了 |
[39:55] | Put one on and stand by me. | 穿上裙子陪我一起 |
[39:57] | But this is a fantasy. | 这是不对的 |
[39:59] | That man is using you. | 那个男人只是利用你 |
[40:04] | You belong at home, | 你属于家庭 |
[40:07] | with me, with Henry and with Chester. | 和我 还有Henry,Chester在一起 |
[40:11] | With Chester ? Grace, do you hear yourself ? | Chester? Grace 你知道你在说什么吗? |
[40:14] | We’ll start planning the wedding today. | 我们今天就计划婚礼的事 我们可以去强逊花园 |
[40:16] | And we’ll go to Charles Garden and we’ll get you a dress. | 定制礼服 神父可以联系Henry |
[40:20] | – And Father Concane will talk to Henry. – Chester left you ! | Grace, Chester已经抛弃你了 |
[40:27] | What ? | 什么? |
[40:31] | He’s gone. | 他走了 |
[40:34] | You don’t have to keep waiting for him. | 你不用再等他了 |
[40:39] | You have a choice. | 你可以自由选择 |
[40:44] | – Shut up. – He’s not coming back. | 闭嘴 他不会回来了 |
[40:50] | Everyone konws it but you. | 大家都知道 除了你 |
[40:56] | How dare you… | 你怎么敢这么说? |
[41:23] | “What would I do without you” by Ray Charles. | |
[41:29] | * Don’t deceive me * | |
[41:35] | * Please don’t leave me * | |
[41:41] | * What would I do without you * | |
[41:46] | * To see me through * | |
[41:52] | * If you leave me, * | |
[41:58] | * If you grieve me * | |
[42:03] | * What would I do without you * | |
[42:08] | * To see me through * | |
[42:14] | * What would I do * | |
[42:19] | * Say I want know * | |
[42:25] | * What would I do * | |
[42:27] | ……………. | |
[42:31] | * Where would I go * | |
[42:37] | * How you please me * | |
[42:42] | * When you squeeze me * | |
[42:48] | * What would I do without you, * | |
[42:53] | * to see me through * |