时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | the following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event | 本故事纯属虚构 如有雷同 纯属巧合 |
[00:22] | (indistinct shouting,”Corduroy” by Pearl Jam playing) | |
[00:28] | You’re finally here and I’m a mess… | 你们千挑万选进来 但我可不会给好脸… |
[00:34] | I can see from down there that you have not shaved. | 我从那儿就能看到你胡子拉碴 |
[00:36] | Why is that? | 为什么? |
[00:37] | Why are you staring at me? | 你盯着我看什么? |
[00:39] | Do you think I am attractive? | 被我迷住了吗? |
[00:41] | You better tuck in that bottom lip. | 抿紧下嘴唇 |
[00:44] | MAN: Double time and down to the quad. | 跑步前进 下楼去训练场 |
[00:46] | Is that understand? | 清楚了吗? |
[00:47] | ALL: Sir,yes,sir! | 遵命 长官! |
[00:50] | Go! | 走! |
[02:22] | ************* | 宾夕法尼亚军事学院…被录取… |
[02:48] | Caretaker relocating graves came across a bastard coffin. | 守墓人迁坟时发现一具无名棺材 |
[02:53] | – No headstone. – Perfect place to bury a body. | – 没有墓碑 – 埋尸的绝佳地点 |
[02:55] | CSU found a duffel bag and personal items buried underneath the box. | 鉴证科发现了一只行李袋和 埋在棺材底部的私人物品 |
[03:01] | Idiot bag.Bears a book of knowledge to be worn by knobs at all times. | 简易袋 装着门把头们成天翻的手册 |
[03:07] | – Knobs?- First-year cadets,military school. | – 门把头? – 军事学院一年级学员 |
[03:10] | Shave their heads to look like knobs. | 把脑袋剃成球形门把的样子 |
[03:11] | VALENS: Well,this knob got a name? | 这个门把头有名字吗? |
[03:13] | ID says Kate Butler.Parents reported her missing three years ago from… | 身份证写着Kate Butler 父母3年前报了失踪 |
[03:17] | Pennsylvania Military Institute. | 宾西法尼亚军事学院(PMI) |
[03:20] | Oh,I remember this girl. | 我记得这个女孩 |
[03:21] | One of the first females admitted to PMI.It took a lot of guts. | PMI录取的首批女生之一 够有胆量 |
[03:26] | PMI.That’s in what,Bucks County? | PMI 那是在哪? Bucks郡? |
[03:28] | How she wind up out here? | 她怎么会跑这儿来? |
[03:30] | Weekend leave in the city? | 到城里度周末? |
[03:31] | Except this box is a military footlocker. | 可这是军用提箱 |
[03:35] | Issued by the school. | 属于学校的 |
[03:37] | Fractured skull,possible blunt-force trauma. | 头骨骨折 可能是钝器所伤 |
[03:39] | VALENS: Could be our murder weapon right here– | 这个有可能是凶器 |
[03:41] | seven-pound hand weight with her initials on it. | 七磅的哑铃 上面有她的姓名缩写 |
[03:43] | Yeah,we’ll have those examined for blood or hair. | 这些东西要做血液和毛发检测 |
[03:46] | Corroded laptop,clothes. | 腐烂的笔记本电脑 衣服 |
[03:48] | Made it look like she ran away. | 看着像她是逃走的 |
[03:51] | Got her in there without cutting up the body. | 装在那里面 这样就省了碎尸 |
[03:53] | Had to be before rigor set in. | 在尸体僵硬前就放进去了 |
[03:55] | So she’s murdered on campus,stuffed in a footlocker. | 就是说先在学院遇害 再被塞进手提箱 |
[03:59] | Driven all the way out here,30 miles away? | 大老远开车来这儿 30里有吗? |
[04:02] | Hoping it would never get tied back to the school. | 希望学院不要牵扯进来 |
[04:07] | Well,it just did. | |
[04:36] | COLD CASE Season 6 Episode 22 | 铁证悬案 |
[04:43] | All-male for 162 years. | 162年来清一色男性 |
[04:48] | Well,mid -’90s,Justice Department forced almost every state military academy to admit qualified female applicants. | 90年代中期 司法部强制几乎所有 军事院校接收合格的女性申请人 |
[04:54] | Even Valley Forge and the Citadel are coed now. | 连瓦弗男子中学和色岱尔军校 现在也是男女合校 |
[04:58] | PMI was one of the last holdouts till four years ago. | PMI一直坚守到四年前才最后妥协 |
[05:00] | Can’t believethis is still an issue. | 不敢相信这个问题居然还存在 |
[05:02] | RUSH: Male institutions dragging their feet to admit women? | 男校迟迟不愿接纳女性? |
[05:05] | Yeah,glad that’s behind us. | 真庆幸那时代已经过去 |
[05:07] | Next thing you know,they’ll start letting ’em be detectives. | 女人们下一步就要入侵警探队伍了 |
[05:10] | Kate Butler was one of two female cadets who entered PMI in the fall of ’05. | Kate Butler是05年秋入学PMI的 两位女性学员之一 |
[05:14] | Missing clothes,laptop. | 衣服和手提电脑都不见了 |
[05:16] | Assigned figured she ran away. | 调查人员认为她擅自逃跑了 |
[05:17] | Well,the body changes all that. | 尸体的发现改变了一切 |
[05:19] | What happened to the other girl? | 另一个女孩怎样了? |
[05:21] | Uh,Courtney Gaines.Went into the infirmary after the first day,gone within a week. | Courtney Gaines第二天就进了医务室 一周后就退学了 |
[05:25] | Butler almost made it to Thanksgiving. | Butler差点坚持到了感恩节 |
[05:27] | School reported her missing when she didn’t show up for chapel on Sunday morning. | 从周日礼拜起就不见了 学校报警失踪 |
[05:30] | Campus computer system had her swiping out her ID card at the front gate night before,8:26 p.m. | 前一夜8点26 根据校园电脑系统 她在正门处刷了识别卡 |
[05:36] | Well,ID was found with the body. | 识别卡和尸体一起被发现 |
[05:38] | Possible her killer swiped her card on the way out? | 也许是凶手出门时刷了她的卡? |
[05:40] | Used the footlocker to get the body off campus,but he still needed a car. | 用手提箱把尸体运出学校 但还需要车 |
[05:43] | I’ll look into parking permits. | 我去查停车许可 |
[05:45] | VERA: Victim’s father’s downstairs,just coming from the morgue. | 死者的父亲在楼下 刚从停尸房来 |
[05:48] | Mother’s on her way in now. | 母亲正在赶来 |
[05:50] | Separated when they lost their daughter. | 女儿失踪后就分居了 |
[05:52] | VALENS: Autopsy report. | 尸检报告 |
[05:54] | ME confirmed blunt-force trauma. | 验尸官确认是钝器创伤 |
[05:56] | Kate’s hand weight matched the contusion. | Kate的哑铃和伤口很符合 |
[06:00] | Could have been killed in her own room. | 有可能是在她的房间被杀的 |
[06:01] | Had a stress fracture in her pelvis. | 骨盆有应力性骨折 (新兵常见的过劳性损伤之一) |
[06:04] | Undetermined cause.Possible sexual assault? | 原因不明 会是性侵犯吗? |
[06:06] | I’ll check the PMI infirmary records. | 我去查一查PMI的医务室记录 |
[06:14] | Latest from the crime scene. | 犯罪现场最新进展 |
[06:16] | Thanks.How you doing? | 谢谢 你好吗? |
[06:17] | Billy moved out this morning. | Billy今早搬走了 |
[06:20] | Finally asked him for a divorce. | 我终于提出了离婚 |
[06:23] | I didn’t know you were gonna do that. | 我不知道你会那么做 |
[06:25] | Ah,I know,right? | 难道我知道? |
[06:27] | Time to move on. | 是时候重新开始了 |
[06:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:32] | – So,um,see you around? – Yeah,sure.Yeah. | – 那么 回见? – 嗯 当然 |
[06:39] | Still have her room the way it was. | 她的房间还是原样 |
[06:42] | Every time the phone rang,a little part of me… | 每次电话响 就有那么点希望… |
[06:46] | hoping it was her,you know? | 是她打来的 |
[06:49] | We’re thinking she may have been killed on campus,Mrs. Butler. | 我们怀疑她也许在学校被害 Butler夫人 |
[06:53] | Have you informed her father yet? | 通知她父亲了吗? |
[06:56] | He’s handling the identification. | 他在确认死者身份 |
[06:58] | Nothing he loved more than that school. | 那所学校是他的最爱 |
[07:00] | Lot of folks have a problem with her attending PMI? | 很多人都反对她进入PMI? |
[07:03] | Including her own father. | 包括她父亲 |
[07:06] | He never wanted Kate to go there in the first place. | 他头一个不想Kate去 |
[07:08] | His alma mater. | 他的母校 |
[07:09] | She was just as stubborn as he was. | 她却和他一样固执 |
[07:13] | Force of her own. | 全凭她自己 |
[07:14] | Never even told us she was applying till after she was accepted. | 被录取前一直瞒着我们 |
[07:18] | Mr.Butler was concerned for her safety? | Butler先生担心她的安全吗? |
[07:21] | Concern for his daughter? | 他是否关心他的女儿? |
[07:24] | You’d have to ask him. | 那得问他 |
[07:27] | MAN: Graduated in ’78 before I got my commission. | 78年毕业 然后有了军衔 |
[07:31] | I went to PMI because that’s where my father went. | 我去PMI是追随我的父亲 |
[07:36] | His father before him. | 他的父亲也是那儿毕业 |
[07:38] | VALENS: Footlocker we found her body in was from PMI,Mr.Butler. | 装她尸体的手提箱属于PMI,Butler先生 |
[07:42] | RUSH: I think that’s how the killer got her body off campus. | 我认为凶手借此把尸体运出了学校 |
[07:54] | I don’t want Charlotte to ever see those pictures. | 我不想Charlotte看到那些照片 |
[07:59] | So,how she holding up? | 她怎么样了? |
[08:01] | Well,she said you never wanted Kate to go to PMI,that you had a difficult relationship with your daughter. | 他说你一直不愿Kate进入PMI 你和女儿的关系很不好 |
[08:07] | I knew what she was gonna be up against. | 我知道她的初衷 |
[08:11] | She did it to prove me wrong. | 她想证明我是错的 |
[08:14] | Her mother blamed me for what happened. | 她母亲把一切怪罪于我 |
[08:16] | Why would she blame you? | 为什么要怪你? |
[08:18] | She didn’t tell you? | 她没说吗? |
[08:20] | Kate would have done anything for her father,but you don’t defy Hank Butler. | Kate可以为她父亲做任何事 但Hank Butler是不可违抗的 |
[08:25] | She’d made up her mind. | 她去意已决 |
[08:26] | I always sided with my husband,but there comes a time when a child needs more than just tough love. | 我一向支持我丈夫 可有时 孩子需要的不止是严苛之爱 |
[08:33] | (“Come Back” by Pearl Jam playing) | |
[08:39] | Hank? | |
[08:41] | Your daughter’s going off to college. | 你女儿要去学校了 |
[08:45] | Do you intend to say good-bye to her? | 你不想和她道别吗? |
[08:48] | Dadd That I feel I know you don’t want me to do this. | 爸爸 我知道你不想我这么做 |
[08:53] | I just want you to know… | 我只想你知道… |
[09:04] | I’m not gonna let you down. | 我不会让你失望 |
[09:10] | Good-bye,Daddy. | 再见 老爸 |
[09:12] | If you can’t hack it,don’t bother coming home. | 你要是应付不来 就别回家了 |
[09:25] | Do you think that was… | 你觉得那是… |
[09:27] | an ultimatum or a-a means of motivation? | 最后通牒 还是一种激励? |
[09:31] | Either way,I always thought it was the reason my baby never came back. | 随便吧 我一直认为那就是 我的宝贝没回来的原因 |
[09:35] | Blamed your husband for that. | 所以责怪你丈夫 |
[09:37] | Kate didn’t need any more people against her. | Kate不需要更多人来反对她 |
[09:43] | This is all the hate mail she got before she even set foot on campus. | 这些是她没走前收到的恶意信件 |
[09:47] | STILLMAN: Did you show these to the police before? | 你报过警吗? |
[09:48] | They said they looked into it. | 他们说已经在调查了 |
[09:50] | They told us that she ran away. | 他们说她离校出走了 |
[09:54] | I guess that’s not true now,is it? | 我觉得这不是实情 对吗? |
[10:00] | Did you talk to Commandant Murillo? | 你们和校长Murillo谈过吗? |
[10:03] | We will. | 我们会的 |
[10:06] | Thanks for coming in,Mr. Butler. | 谢谢你能来 Butler先生 |
[10:09] | Sure. | 不客气 |
[10:18] | You better find the son of a bitch who did this before I do. | 你们最好赶在我之前找到这个混蛋 |
[10:44] | MAN: When Cadet Butler didn’t return to campus,we assumed that she’d eventually show up on her parents’ doorstep. | 学员Butler没有返校时 我们以为她最后一定会回家 |
[10:49] | Got new information indicates she may have been killed on campus. | 最新消息是 她有可能已在校内遇害 |
[10:53] | I find that hard to believe. | 这我可不信 |
[10:55] | First year is difficult,but we have standards of safety for all cadets,male or female. | 第一年是艰苦 但无论男学员还是女学员 我们都有安全准则 |
[10:59] | But there are no female cadets presently enrolled? | 但当下并没有女学员在读? |
[11:03] | Yes,well,it’s a rather limited applicant pool. | 没错 相对来说 申请人数有限 |
[11:06] | Maybe if you put a woman on your brochure,see what happens. | 在你们的宣传手册上贴个女性 再瞧瞧结果 |
[11:09] | VALENS: Gonna need access to all school records and grounds. | 我们要所有学校记录以及进入许可 |
[11:11] | I’ve been ordered to give you whatever you need. | 我接到命令为你们敞开大门 |
[11:13] | Cadet Gardner here will show you to Moe. | 学员Gardner会带你们去见Moe |
[11:15] | He’s my Operations Officer. | 他是我的执行长官 |
[11:16] | Now,if you’ll excuse me… | 恕我失陪… |
[11:19] | DRILL SERGEANT: Attention on the quad! | 全体立正! |
[11:21] | RUSH: All hail the Commandant. | 向校长致敬 |
[11:23] | Saw a bumper sticker on the lot. | 看到保险杠上的贴纸了 |
[11:25] | God,country and PMI. | 上帝 祖国 PMI |
[11:27] | Gotta figure the Commandant’s next on that list. | 校长一定排在那三个之后 |
[11:30] | Thought they were supposed to look straight ahead. | 我还以为他们应该向前看齐 |
[11:32] | Sir,not every day a pretty blonde walks across campus,sir. | 长官 校园里不是每天都有金发美女 长官 |
[11:40] | Of course I remember Kate Butler. | 我当然记得Kate Butler |
[11:42] | It was my job to implement the necessary changes to accommodate female cadets on campus. | 我负责调整住宿设施 以便容纳女学员 |
[11:47] | I don’t think these were the accommodations she had in mind. | 我觉得这应该不是她期待的 |
[11:50] | Got a way to track that footlocker,Moe? | 能追踪到这个手提箱吗 Moe? |
[11:53] | Please. | 请坐 |
[11:55] | Two in every room,but,uh,we don’t assign them to any particular cadet. | 一间房两个 但不记名 |
[11:58] | One goes missing,who requisitions a replacement? | 少了一个 谁申请新箱子的? |
[12:01] | No inventory.We just replace them as they fall apart at the end of the year. | 没有清单 我们每学年末换掉坏的 |
[12:04] | Must be,uh,thousands of them. | 肯定有上千只 |
[12:06] | Sounds odd for a place that keeps such meticulous records. | 这可不像事无巨细的军校作风 |
[12:09] | Like the computer log you supplied back in ’05. | 比如你提供的05年电脑记录 |
[12:11] | Showed the exact time Kate left campus. | 显示了Kate离开学校的具体时间 |
[12:14] | It goes into a computer any time a cadet swipes their ID at the front gate.On or off campus. | 每次学员在前门刷卡 都会被记录 无论进出 |
[12:18] | We’re gonna need a list of registered cars and parking permits that year. | 我们需要当年的注册汽车和停车许可名单 |
[12:22] | Infirmary records,any injuries Kate may have incurred. | Kate的所有伤病记录 |
[12:25] | Whatever you need. | 愿为您效劳 |
[12:26] | – Lawrence. – Yes,Major. | – 是 少校 |
[12:29] | You know if Kate had any problems with another cadet? | Kate和其他学员有过节吗? |
[12:31] | Every fourth class cadet has a rough go of it. | 每个四年级学员都要经历那段磨砺 |
[12:34] | More a function of being a knob.It’s not personal. | 就和统一剃板寸头差不多 不针对个人 |
[12:36] | What about the funion of being a girl? | 那作为一个女生来说呢? |
[12:38] | That get personal? | 这是针对个人的吗? |
[12:40] | Well,she never filed a complaint. | 她从没投诉过 |
[12:42] | Look,I’d be lying to you to say there wasn’t resentment among some of the cadets. | 我要是说这些学员间互相没有过节 那就是在说谎 |
[12:46] | Why?She get special consideration? | 为什么? 她更引人关注? |
[12:48] | It didn’t matter much. | 没什么大不了的 |
[12:50] | That girl was determined to be one of the guys. | 那女孩横下心要成为男人中的一员 |
[12:52] | (“Who You Are” by Pearl Jam playing) | |
[12:55] | Major,it is still too long. | 少校 这还是太长了 |
[12:57] | How short do you want it,Commandant? | 你想要多短 校长? |
[12:59] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[13:01] | She still looks like a girl. | 她看起来还是像个女生 |
[13:02] | With all due respect,sir,she is a girl. | 恕我直言 长官 她就是个女孩 |
[13:05] | And we don’t have a female precedent. | 我们从没收过女学员 |
[13:07] | Courtney.Don’t. | Courtney 别这样 |
[13:09] | Don’t what? | 别哪样? |
[13:10] | Well,keep cutting till we find one. | 继续看着剪吧 |
[13:14] | I’m gonna be a knob,I might as well look like one. | 我将成为门把头 外表也要像那个样 |
[13:54] | Still,cutting your hair doesn’t mean you can cut the mustard here at PMI. | 不过 剪掉头发并不意味着符合PMI的要求 |
[13:57] | This program is just too demanding for most women. | 这里的训练对于大多数女性来说 都太过吃力 |
[14:00] | – Kate have a boyfriend on campus? – No,ma’am. | – Kate在学校有男朋友吗? – 没有 |
[14:03] | We instituted a non-fraternization policy the year women were admitted. | 开始招收女生这年 我们设立了禁止恋爱的规定 |
[14:06] | Yeah,’cause those always work. | 是啊 那些规定一定管用的 |
[14:08] | Damned if you do,damned if you don’t,Detective. | 反正遵不遵守都得活在地狱 |
[14:10] | We’d like to see her room. | 我们想看看她的房间 |
[14:12] | – Lawrence,show them the barracks. – Yes,sir. | – Lawrence 带他们去营房 – 是的 长官 |
[14:16] | “A cadet shall not lie,cheat,or steal, nor shall he tolerate those who do.” | “任何学员不得撒谎 欺骗 行窃 也不得容忍他人有这种行为” |
[14:20] | Honor code.Noticed they got one in every building. | 荣誉准则 每幢楼都有 |
[14:23] | Single sanction policyma’am.One violation gets you drummed out. | 一罪无恕制度 女士 违规一次就会被开除 |
[14:28] | Pretty strict code for most mortals. | 对于大多数人来说 这惩罚太过严厉了 |
[14:30] | That’s why on the eighth day,God created PMI. | 这就是为什么 在第八天 上帝创造了宾州军校 |
[14:34] | This the only dorm room with a lock on the door? | 这是唯一一个门上有锁的宿舍? |
[14:36] | Yes,sir,first one installed in school history. | 是的 长官 校史上第一个 |
[14:39] | Along with a special latrine bathroom for women down the hall. | 和走廊尽头的女用盥洗室一起建的 |
[14:43] | Room’s been unoccupied since Cadet Butler and the other girl left. | Butler学员和另一个女生走后 就一直空置了 |
[14:47] | The other girl? | 另一个女生? |
[14:49] | Courtney Gaines? | |
[14:50] | Yes,ma’am,non-hacker. | 是的 警官 她没有毕业 |
[14:51] | Cadet Butler only shared a room the first week. | Butler学员只有第一周和别人同住 |
[14:54] | Tell the commandant this is now a crime scene. | 告诉校长 现在这里是犯罪现场了 |
[14:56] | Yes,sir. | 是的 警官 |
[14:58] | I think it’s time we talk to Courtney Gaines. | 我们该和Courtney Gaines谈谈了 |
[15:02] | I transferred to Bryn Mawr my freshman year to major in women’s studies. | 我在大一就转到布林梅尔学院 读妇女研究了 |
[15:06] | Quite a contrast,going from an all-male military academy to a women’s college,Courtney. | 真是反差啊 Courtney 从一个全是男生的军校转到女校 |
[15:10] | I’m writing my senior thesis on the merits of single-sex education. | 我毕业论文就写的是单性教育的优点 |
[15:14] | Which one? | 哪个优点? |
[15:15] | Women’s colleges only graduate 4% of the country’s female students | 从女校毕业的学生只占全国女毕业生的4% |
[15:19] | but they produce 25% of the female board members of Fortune 500 companies, | 但她们占据财富500强企业女董事的25% |
[15:24] | 50% of the women in Congress. | 国会中女性议员的50% |
[15:26] | I know where my daughter’s going. | 知道把我女儿送哪上学了 |
[15:29] | How did you get along with Kate? | 你和Kate相处得怎样? |
[15:30] | Oh,she was a great girl,tried to help me. | 她是个好姑娘 总是尽力帮我 |
[15:32] | I thought going to a school like PMI would be empowering. | 我以为去宾州军校这样的学校 能增强我的能力 |
[15:35] | Instead I spent half my time in the infirmary. | 但实际上我一半时间都在医务室 |
[15:38] | – What happened? – Hell Week. | – 怎么回事? – 地狱周 |
[15:39] | Marching,pushups,more marching. | 行军 俯卧撑 接着行军 |
[15:44] | Suffered a stress fracture in my pelvis. | 让我的骨盆应力性骨折 |
[15:45] | Kate had the same injury. | Kate也有同样的伤 |
[15:47] | Women’s legs are shorter so,we have to take longer strides just to keep up, | 女生的腿比较短 所以我们要跟上队伍 得迈更多步 |
[15:50] | but the physical abuse was nothing compared to the psychological assault. | 不过跟精神上的羞辱相比 肉体上的摧残根本算不了什么 |
[15:55] | Maybe ’cause Kate’s father went there,she was more prepared. | 也许是因为Kate的父亲在那里上过学 她准备得更充分 |
[15:59] | She knew how to survive. | 她知道如何坚持下来 |
[16:00] | Actually,neither one of you survived the school. | 事实上 你们两个都没有坚持下来 |
[16:03] | But at least you’re still sitting here. | 不过至少你还能坐在这 |
[16:05] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[16:06] | – Kate’s body just turned up in a cemetery. – Oh,my God. | – Kate的尸体最近在一个墓地被发现了 – 哦 我的天 |
[16:10] | Anyone in particular you can remember gunning for her,Courtney? | 你记得有什么人爱找她的岔吗 Courtney? |
[16:13] | Yeah,I do. | 有一个人 |
[16:16] | He hated both of us on sight. | 他一见我们就恨得不行 |
[16:18] | I’ll never forget his face. | 我永远也忘不了他的脸 |
[16:22] | In what year was my beloved institution founded? | 我们最爱的学校是在哪年建成的? |
[16:27] | Fatbody? | 肥仔? |
[16:28] | Sir,Eighteen-forty..somethin sir. | 长官 是一八四–几年 长官 |
[16:31] | Cadet Chucklehead has just desecrated the very ground upon which you worthless knobs stand. | 笨蛋学员刚刚玷污了这块 你们这群废物立足的神圣土地 |
[16:38] | For that,you owe me 20 more pushups. | 因此 你们每个门把头再给我做20个俯卧撑 |
[16:41] | Eat floor,knobs!Exercise! | 啃地板吧 门把头! 给我做! |
[16:45] | What we obtain too cheap,we esteem too lightly. | 太容易得到的东西 我们不会珍惜 |
[16:51] | Come on.Get up.You can do it.You can hack it! | 来吧 起来 你能做到的 你能挺过去 |
[16:53] | I can’t…can’t do it. | 我不能…我做不到 |
[16:56] | This ain’t yoga class,downward dog! | 这不是瑜伽课 做什么狗吃屎式! |
[16:58] | Get your ass out of the air and do a man’s pushup! | 把屁股给我抬起来 象男人一样做俯卧撑! |
[17:02] | You gonna spend another night crying in the infirmary,Cadet Useless? | 你又要在医务室哭一晚上了吗 废物学员? |
[17:07] | That’s what I thought. | 我就知道 |
[17:10] | You all right? | 你还好吗? |
[17:11] | Shut up.Don’t even look at me before he comes over here and… | 闭嘴 他过来了 别看我… |
[17:14] | Eight-Ball,did you just blow chunks on my fine quadrangle? | 黑球 你是在我漂亮的操场上吐了吗? |
[17:16] | Sir,yes,sir!Sorry,sir. | 是的 长官! 对不起 长官 |
[17:18] | Are you suggesting that my mess hall doesn’t quite measure up to your mama’s home cooking? | 你是觉得我们的食堂不如 你妈做的家常菜吗? |
[17:22] | Do you need a bib?! | 你想要个围嘴儿吗?! |
[17:23] | Sir,no,sir! | 不是 长官! |
[17:25] | How about you,Sinead? | 你呢 Sinead? |
[17:26] | You wanna gimme some tears?Make me feel sorry for you? | 你想流点眼泪吗? 让我同情你? |
[17:29] | Sir,no,sir! | 不是 长官! |
[17:30] | You see this ring?You think I busted my ass for three long years | 你看到这戒指了吗? 我为它拼死拼活整整三年 |
[17:34] | just to see them give it away to a bunch of sports bra-wearing pantywaists? | 我会看着它们被授予那些 穿着运动内衣的娘们? |
[17:38] | Only way you’re getting one is through me,and that ain’t gonna happen. | 想拿这个就要过我这关 你过不去的 |
[17:49] | Sergeant James Addison. | James Addison中士 |
[17:54] | Still have nightmares about that guy. | 我还会做他的噩梦 |
[17:56] | Made it clear it was you or him. | 是你还是他的问题 |
[17:58] | The day I walked out,every guy in the place cheered. | 我退学那天 那里所有的男人都在欢呼 |
[18:03] | Kate stayed.God knows why. | 天知道为什么 Kate要留下来 |
[18:05] | Did Addison threaten you personally? | Addison暗地里威胁过你吗? |
[18:06] | Visited me in the infirmary. | 到医务室找过我 |
[18:09] | Told me to leave now and walk out through the front gates… | 告诉我要不就现在从前门走着出去… |
[18:15] | or be carried out in a box. | 不然就被装在盒子里抬出去 |
[18:26] | First Lieutenant James Addison? | James Addison中尉? |
[18:30] | I help you? | 有什么事吗? |
[18:31] | Detectives Rush,Valens.Philly Homicide. | 我是Rush警探 这是Valens 我们是费城凶案组的 |
[18:33] | You’re here about Cadet Butler. | 你们是来问学员Butler的 |
[18:35] | Word travels fast.Graduated two years ago. | 消息传得真快啊 你两年前就毕业了 |
[18:37] | Still hanging around? | 现在还在这? |
[18:39] | Grad program,enneering. | 我在读研究生 工程学方面的 |
[18:42] | Finished my first tour in Afghanistan. | 刚去过阿富汗 |
[18:44] | Get free room as resident hall director. | 作为宿舍主管可以免费住在这 |
[18:46] | How well did you know Kate? | 你跟Kate熟吗? |
[18:47] | I was part of the Echo Company cadre. | 我是E连的干部之一 |
[18:49] | Saw her every day during Hell Week.Not much after that. | 在地狱周每天都能见到她 之后就没怎么见了 |
[18:51] | I heard you took special pride in racking knobs,especially the female kind. | 听说你对折磨门把头特别自豪 特别是女生 |
[18:55] | RUSH: Made it your mission to run them off.Guess it worked. | 把让他们退学当做你的任务 我想你成功了 |
[18:59] | I didn’t treat the women different than any other knob. | 我对待女生和其他门把头都是一样的 |
[19:01] | Courtney Gaines says otherwise. | Courtney Gaines可不是这么说的 |
[19:02] | Hell,yeah,I tried to run ’em out,tried to run ’em all out.It was my job. | 当然 我想让他们退出 我想让所有人退出 这是我的职责 |
[19:05] | Break down the individual,build up the group? | 打破个人意识 建立团队? |
[19:08] | Whiny maggots call it hazing. | 寄生虫觉得这是侮辱 |
[19:09] | I call it natural selection. | 我说这是物竞天择 |
[19:12] | But then,Courtney was no Kate Butler. | 不过 Courtney不像Kate Butler |
[19:15] | What was different about Cadet Butler? | Butler学员有什么不同? |
[19:16] | She understood what it took to earn the respect of her peers. | 她知道如何赢得别人的尊重 |
[19:26] | How’d Butler rank first in the two-mile run? | Butler怎么在两英里赛跑中排名第一? |
[19:28] | She finished sixth. | 她第六个到终点 |
[19:30] | Called gender-norming,chucklehead. | 这叫差别对待 笨蛋 |
[19:32] | Women automatically get two minutes shaved off their time. | 女生成绩自动减去两分钟 |
[19:35] | What,one for each knocker? | 每个奶子一分钟吗? |
[19:37] | You’re up first,you gaudy smack! | 你先上 你个脓包! |
[19:38] | Get on that bar and give me ten pull-ups. | 到单杠那给我做十个引体向上 |
[19:40] | Yes,sir! | 是的 长官! |
[19:43] | You have got to be kidding me,fish! | 别告诉我你是在装样 伙计! |
[19:45] | Only girls and gumps do the flexed arm hang. | 只有女生和傻瓜的胳膊才软绵绵的 |
[19:48] | Hold it right there,Gomer.Get up there,Butler. | 就在这停住 学员Butler 你过来 |
[19:50] | Sir,yes,sir. | 是的 长官 |
[19:53] | Let’s see if you girls can hang for a full minute. | 让我们看看你们娘们能不能吊满一分钟 |
[20:00] | Let the girl beayou?! | 让个小妞把你打败了?! |
[20:02] | Come on! Pull it up! | 来啊! 使劲! |
[20:11] | You are a no-go at this station,Stewart! | 你毕不了业了 Stewart! |
[20:14] | – Get off my bar,you fat tub of goo! – Yes,sir. | – 给我下来 你这脓包! – 是的 长官 |
[20:19] | – Get back in formation. – Sir,yes,sir. | – 归队 – 是的 长官 |
[20:29] | Butler knew that as long as there was gender-norming,she’d never be equal. | Butler知道只要差别对待存在 她就不会被平等对待 |
[20:33] | Had to respect the effort.Even if Rhianna never lived it down. | 虽然Rhianna咽不下这口气 但她确实是下功夫了 |
[20:36] | Rhianna? | |
[20:37] | That’s what they called Ryan after Kate smoked him. | 自从Ryan被Kate打败 他就有这外号了 |
[20:39] | Drove the kid nuts. | 快把这孩子逼疯了 |
[20:41] | Where’s this Rhianna now? | Rhianna现在在哪? |
[20:42] | First class cadet.Senior. | 一等学员 在毕业班 |
[20:44] | His folks live upstate. | 他家人住在北边 |
[20:47] | Went home to visit. | 回家去了 |
[20:48] | Due back tomorrow before first call. | 明天就该归队了 |
[20:50] | Is that a sign-out sheet? | 这是个登记离开的名单? |
[20:51] | Yeah,cadets have to sign in and out of the barracks on weekends. | 对 学员周末时要登记离开和归队 |
[20:55] | You know,I don’t mind standing the duty. | 我不介意当哨兵 |
[20:57] | I basically get paid to study. | 我只是为了拿工资供学业 |
[20:58] | Different from the ID swipe at the front gate? | 跟前门的ID卡不一样? |
[21:00] | The ID swipe’s to get on and off campus. | ID卡是为检查是否离开校园 |
[21:03] | Barracks log is for curfew purposes. | 军营记录是为了检查宵禁令 |
[21:05] | School keep track of these? | 学校一直记录这个吗? |
[21:07] | Collected every Sunday morning,filed over in the main office. | 每个周日早上都会汇总 在总务处编档 |
[21:10] | Remember where you were the Saturday night Kate disappeared? | 记得Kate失踪那个周六晚上你在哪吗? |
[21:13] | Saturday nig? | 周六晚上? |
[21:14] | Would have been out drinking with the guys in Echo.It’s mandatory around here. | 肯定是跟E连的同学喝酒去了 这是例行公事 |
[21:17] | Good.Then you’ll remember their names. | 那好 你一定记得他们的名字 |
[21:23] | Hey,I have Kate’s medical records from the PMI infirmary. | 我在宾州军校医务室拿到了Kate的医疗记录 |
[21:26] | Usual bruises and blisters except the 18 stitches she needed for a gash in her hand two weeks before she disappeared. | 除了一般的瘀伤和水泡 在失踪前两周 她因为手掌的割伤缝了18针 |
[21:34] | Little rough for regular PT. | 普通训练不会这样的 |
[21:36] | Told the doctor on duty she broke a bottle. | 跟当班医生说的是她打碎了个瓶子 |
[21:40] | I’m thinking possible defensive wounds. | 我觉得这有可能是自卫伤口 |
[21:42] | It makes you wonder why the hell she wanted to go to this school. | 真搞不懂 她干嘛非得去这个学校 |
[21:44] | Get anything from the hate mail? | 从恐吓信那发现线索了吗? |
[21:46] | Uh,yeah,a lot of folks with serious issues. | 很多人都有大问题 |
[21:49] | Here’s one blowhard– threatened to have Kate drawn and quartered for taking the spot of “more qualified young men. | 有个吹牛专家-威胁说要把她五马分尸 因为她占了”更够格的男生”的名额 |
[21:57] | ” Hmm,postmark’s from one of those office postage machines.Worth tracking. | 邮戳是那种邮资机盖的 值得查一下 |
[22:02] | Nutjob #2 thinks Kate going to PMI is a breach of the garden of Eden. | 2号疯子说Kate去军校是违背了 伊甸园的规则 |
[22:10] | “He placed on the east side of the garden of Eden angels and a flaming sword” | “他在伊甸园之东安置天使与火焰之剑” (创世纪 第三章 24节) |
[22:15] | “flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life. | “把守通向生命之树的道路” |
[22:19] | ” Well,there’s six of them with the same sword business. | 有六封信写着同样的话 |
[22:21] | All sent out on a Saturday. | 都是周六寄出来的 |
[22:23] | It could be a cadet off-campus on open weekends? | 会不会是周末放假的学生? |
[22:26] | Hate mail on Saturday,chapel on Sunday. | 周六寄恐吓信 周日进教堂祷告 |
[22:28] | These guys are unbelievable. | 这些家伙真令人难以置信 |
[22:30] | I believe it. | 我相信 |
[22:32] | You’re tellin’ me this kind of stuff happened to you back in the day? | 你是说这种事以前在你身上发生过? |
[22:35] | First female in Homicide. | 凶案组的第一位女性 |
[22:38] | Remember Walter Harris? | 记得Walter Harris吗? |
[22:40] | Detective retired in ’02? | 02年退休那个警探? |
[22:42] | Sure,was the Walrus. | 当然了 那个矮胖子 |
[22:44] | Legend with the practical jokes. | 以其恶作剧闻名遐迩 |
[22:45] | Oh,he was funny,all right.Had a joke for me every day. | 对 他很有趣 每天都开我的玩笑 |
[22:49] | PMS,uh,my social life,my ass,you name it. | 经前综合症 我的社交活动 我的屁股 凡是你能想到的 |
[22:54] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[22:55] | No,I rolled with it ’cause that’s what you do,right? | 没有 我坦然接受 因为就该这么做 对吧? |
[22:57] | Even rolled with it when he put a centerfold with my face on it on the fridge. | 他把我的头像粘在裸照插页上 贴在冰箱上 我也坦然接受 |
[23:02] | Till this one night I’m down in the Bottom picking up a 6’4″ meth-head. | 有一晚我去抓捕一个1米9的瘾君子 情况紧急 |
[23:06] | I turn around,I got no backup. | 我转身一看 没有后援 |
[23:10] | Walter hung you out to dry. | Walter留你一人身处险境? |
[23:13] | You report his ass? | 你上报他了吗? |
[23:15] | Figured it’d only get worse. | 我觉得那只会把事情弄得更糟 |
[23:18] | Least I was 29. | 至少我那时已经29了 |
[23:21] | Kate was only 18. | Kate只有18岁 |
[23:23] | I’ll hit PMI in the morning,talk to Ryan Stewart. | 我明早去PMI和Ryan Stewart谈谈 |
[23:26] | See if Rhianna ever lived his nickname down. | 看看Rhianna是否已为自己正名 |
[23:33] | – Night,dollface. – Night. | – 晚安 小天真 – 晚安 |
[23:49] | Philly Homicide.Rise and shine,Rhianna. | 费城凶案组 起床 Rhianna |
[23:51] | What the hell is this? | 见鬼 这是怎么回事? |
[23:52] | Know you got a busy schedule.Figured we’d talk to you before first call. | 知道你很忙 所以在别人之前找你谈谈 |
[23:55] | – Remember Kate Butler? – Kate’s dead? | – 记得Kate Butler吗? – Kate死了? |
[23:57] | Found her in a footlocker. | 在一个军用提箱里发现她的尸体 |
[23:59] | You reported yours missing knob year. | 你报告说你丢了门把 |
[24:00] | I reported all my furniture missing,sir. | 我报告说我所有的家具都丢了 长官 |
[24:03] | They used to put it out on the quad while I was asleep,sometimes with me in it. | 我睡觉时他们总把我的东西扔到院子里 有时连我也一起扔 |
[24:06] | Where were you the night she disappeared? | 她失踪当晚你在哪? |
[24:07] | Don’t know.My room?Where I always was. | 不记得 我的房间? 我总在房间里 |
[24:09] | Rhianna.Pretty nickname.Cadets still call u that? | Rhianna 多美的昵称 大家还这么叫你? |
[24:11] | No,not if they want to keep their teeth,ma’am. | 没有 如果他们不想鼻青脸肿的话 女士 |
[24:13] | Kate stuck you with that name.Dusted you off good. | Kate使你蒙羞才有了那个名字 很让你不爽吧 |
[24:15] | Lit a fire under my ass.I bench over 300 pounds now. | 那件事激励我奋发图强 我现在能举超过300磅的杠铃 |
[24:18] | Forgive and forget?How sweet. | 既往不咎? 真好啊 |
[24:19] | I busted my hump to make it this far. | 我卯足了劲才做到的 |
[24:21] | I’m gonna graduate on time with a ring. | 我能如期毕业 戴上戒指 |
[24:23] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[24:24] | Kate’s pushing up daisies. | Kate却死了 |
[24:27] | Look,it wasn’t… it wasn’t the students that Kate Butler had to worry about. | 听着 不是… Kate Butler需要提防的不是学员 |
[24:30] | Who was it? | 那是谁? |
[24:32] | Kate was a member of the color guard. | Kate是护旗队的成员 |
[24:34] | Most cadets,it was a time to shine. | 对很多学生来说 那是值得炫耀的时刻 |
[24:36] | But Kate dreaded it… | 但Kate很害怕… |
[24:37] | (“Rear View Mirror” by Pearl Jam playing) | |
[24:52] | Hell you think you are,performing with the color guard? | 你以为你是谁 竟然和护旗队一起表演? |
[24:56] | You aren’t fit to touch that flag. | 你不配碰这面旗 |
[24:58] | Just trying to do my job,sir. | 我只想做好本职工作 先生 |
[24:59] | Yeah,well,it’s bad enough a guy’s denied a place to let some bitch like you in. | 拒绝一个男人 却让你这种贱货加入 真是太恶心了 |
[25:08] | You’re a disgrace to the long blue line of men who wear this ring! | 你使那些穿蓝军装 戴戒指的男人蒙羞! |
[25:14] | You hear me? | 你听见了吗? |
[25:18] | The guy did the same thing to her every single game. | 每次表演那男人都这么做 |
[25:21] | There was nothing she could do about it. | 她一点办法都没有 |
[25:23] | She’d get in trouble if she fell out of formation. | 如果她表现不佳就会有大麻烦 |
[25:24] | – Yeah,no one had her back. – No one knew what to do. | – 是啊 没人支持她 – 没人知道怎么办 |
[25:27] | I mean,that type of thing didn’t happen with the guys. | 这种事从不会发生在男人身上 |
[25:30] | Loudmouth with the ring,he alumni? | 戴戒指的聒噪男 他是校友? |
[25:32] | Yes,ma’am,Jeb something. | 是的 女士 叫Jeb什么的 |
[25:34] | Drunk still comes to every game. | 每次比赛依然会醉醺醺跑来 |
[25:36] | MILLER:Jebeah Buford.PMI class of ’82. | Jebeah Buford,PMI 82级学员 |
[25:39] | Works on the tenth floor. | 在10楼上班 |
[25:41] | Genius who sent the anonymous hate mail letter using his office postage machine. | 用自己办公室的邮资机寄匿名恐吓信 真是聪明绝顶啊 |
[25:45] | Just talked to Moe.Qualified young men he was ranting about? | 刚和Moe谈过 他大声咆哮提到的年轻人? |
[25:47] | He’s talking about his own son. | 是他自己的儿子 |
[25:49] | Letter from PMI admissions. | PMI的确认函 |
[25:51] | Brandon Buford,wait-listed the same year Kate was accepted. | Kate被录取当年 Brandon Buford却在候补名单里 |
[25:55] | Kid never got in.Legacy or not. | 那孩子没能被录取 哪怕他是校友的儿子 |
[25:57] | Check out the Bufords’ home address on the top. | 顶上有Buford的家庭住址 |
[26:00] | 19128 Roxborough. | Roxborough 19128号 |
[26:02] | Four blocks from the cemetery where Kate’s body was found. | 离发现Kate尸体的公墓只有4个街区 |
[26:12] | How long you work at the Army Corps of Engineers,Jeb? | 你当军用工程师多久了 Jeb? |
[26:15] | Been serving my nation and the public my whole life. | 我一辈子都在为国家和公众服务 |
[26:17] | When you’re not getting loaded at PMI football games,threatening girls? | 恐怕不是在PMI的橄榄球赛上 威胁姑娘的时候吧? |
[26:20] | “Better lock your door at night. | “晚上最好锁好门” |
[26:22] | With 2,500 bloodhounds and only one bitch,” you won’t make it to Thanksgiving. | “有2500条警犬却只有一条母狗” 这可不是感恩节贺卡吧 |
[26:27] | ” What the hell is all this about? | 这他妈的到底是什么事? |
[26:28] | Your meter number is the same as youour office mailing machine,Einstein. | 你的编号和你办公室的邮资机一致 爱因斯坦先生 |
[26:33] | No other PMI grads in your department. | 你的部门里没有别的PMI毕业生了 |
[26:36] | Certainly not your son Brandon. | 当然也不可能是你儿子Brandon |
[26:38] | Couldn’get anywhere near the place with a 2.2 from Roman Catholic. | 以2.2的平均分从天主教高中毕业 哪个学校都不会要的 |
[26:41] | Brandon was a good kid. | Brandon是个好孩子 |
[26:43] | PMI would have straightened him out. | PMI应该会给他正名的 |
[26:45] | Woulda,coulda,shoulda. | 也许 可能 应该 |
[26:46] | How many DUIs he got now? | 他有多少次酒后驾车记录了? |
[26:48] | My son was a legacy. | 我儿子是校友之子 |
[26:49] | That used to mean something there. | 按理说这应该有特殊加分的 |
[26:52] | You wanted that girl gone. | 你想让那姑娘走人 |
[26:54] | Hate mail is state offense,Jeb. | 寄恐吓信是构成州重罪的 Jeb |
[26:56] | So I wrote one stinking letter.Big deal. | 我就写了一封破信 有什么大不了 |
[26:58] | Why you hassling me over a gl who dropped out three years ago? | 干嘛为一个3年前就退学的丫头 和我争论不休? |
[27:02] | She popped back up. | 因为她突然出现了 |
[27:03] | Roxborough Cemetery,few blocks from your house. | 在Roxborough公墓 离你家只有几个街区 |
[27:09] | I want a lawyer. | 我想要个律师 |
[27:12] | JEFFRIES: Why?Got something to hide? | 为什么? 有什么瞒着我们吗? 2005年11月15号 Kate失踪当天 82级的学员们有一场赛后派对 |
[27:12] | Class of ’82 had a tailgating party on campus same day Kate disappeared,November 15,2005. | 为什么? 有什么瞒着我们吗? 2005年11月15号 Kate失踪当天 82级的学员们有一场赛后派对 |
[27:18] | You were there. | 你也参加了 |
[27:19] | We’re gonna give the jury opportunity and motive. | 这就是陪审团想要的时机与动机 |
[27:21] | Look,I didn’t hurt that girl,all right? | 听着 我没伤害那丫头 好吧? |
[27:23] | I don’t know how she wound up in that grave. | 我不知道她怎么会在那个坟墓里 |
[27:26] | You want to find out,you talk to her boyfriend. | 你们想弄清楚就去问她男朋友 |
[27:41] | I’m sure her multicultural boyfriend knows what happened to her. | 我肯定她那文化杂交体的男友 知道事情真相 |
[27:43] | Multicultural boyfriend got a name? | 文化杂交体男友有名字吗? |
[27:46] | Don’t know.Not a lot of ’em at PMI,shouldn’t be too hard to find out. | 不知道 不过PMI可没多少这种人 应该不难找 |
[27:49] | What did you do after the class of ’82 tailgate? | 82级的赛后派对结束后你去干嘛了? |
[27:53] | Cross burning? | 焚烧十字架? |
[27:56] | I went to dinner with the same group of alumni that I always do. | 我像往常一样和校友们吃晚餐 |
[28:00] | You can check. | 你尽管查 |
[28:03] | Count on it,Jebediah. | 放心吧 Jebediah |
[28:07] | JEFFRIES: Keith Henderson,only black cadet in Echo Company. | Keith Henderson是E连唯一的黑人 |
[28:10] | Kid never spoke to Plumstead Township Police in ’05. | 05年 他从未和Plumstead警局谈过话 |
[28:14] | Better have a good excuse for not coming forward when she went missing. | 她失踪了 他却没有表示 他最好能找个合适理由 |
[28:19] | I’ll get his records,see what I can dig up. | 我去查查他的档案 看能挖出什么 |
[28:21] | Oh,did you,uh,did you check on Jeb’s alibi? | 你查了Jeb的不在场证明了吗? |
[28:24] | Oh,be taking my time getting to that. | 那得慢慢来 |
[28:29] | Ever get an award for penmanship? | 有没有因为字写得好受过表彰啊? |
[28:31] | Guessing you think I should have? | 你觉得应该有过? |
[28:32] | This “P” looks like an “R. | 这个”P”看起来像”R” |
[28:34] | ” Could have unraveled your,uh,PMI warrant big time. | 本来可能影响你拿到PMI搜查令的 |
[28:37] | Came all the way down here to rail on my cursive? | 你大老远跑来就为了抱怨我字迹潦草? |
[28:39] | Actually,I was wondering what you were up to Friday night. | 事实上 我想知道你周五晚上有什么打算 |
[28:41] | I,um,got tickets to The Heartless Bastards. | 我…有几张<无情混蛋>乐队的票 |
[28:45] | The who? | <谁人>乐队的? |
[28:47] | Yeah,I wish it were The Who,but venue’s a little small for them. | 我希望是<谁人>乐队的票 但那会场对他们来说太小了 |
[28:51] | Are… are you asking me out on a date? | 你是在约我出去? |
[28:53] | So what do you say? | 你怎么说? |
[28:57] | You… gonna feed me first? | 你要先请我吃饭? |
[29:00] | I can do that. | 可以 |
[29:01] | Then I say yes. | 那我就答应了 |
[29:08] | I don’t get it,Scotty. | 我不明白 Scotty |
[29:11] | I’m divorcing my husband.That’s not good news? | 我和我丈夫离婚了 这不是好消息吗? |
[29:15] | Maybe if you had told me six months ago. | 如果你6个月前告诉我 也许是 |
[29:17] | Look,I don’t know what to tell you… | 我不知道该怎么跟你说… |
[29:18] | You need time.Yeah,you told me. | 你需要时间 你说过 |
[29:19] | All this back and forth,seems like we could both use a cooling off. | 这样反反复复 也许我们都需要冷静下 |
[29:24] | Is that what that was last month?Cooling off? | 上月不也是这样吗? 冷静一下? |
[29:27] | Will got shot. | Will那时中枪重伤 |
[29:28] | It was wrong,me coming to you. | 那样做不对 我不该主动找你的 |
[29:32] | So that’s it?Just like that? | 那就这样? 就这样算了? |
[29:34] | I don’t know what you want from me,Frankie. | 我不知道你想从我这得到什么 Frankie |
[29:36] | For the record,I think you’re making a mistake. | 你记住 我觉得你犯了个错 |
[29:40] | A really bad one. | 真是错得厉害 |
[29:55] | At ease,soldier. | 放松 士兵 |
[29:56] | – Can’t leave my post,sir. – Put down the weapon,Keith. | – 我不能离岗 先生 – 放下武器 Keith |
[29:58] | RUSH: Making us nervous. | 这样搞得我们很紧张 |
[30:02] | Talk about your relationship with Kate Butler. | 谈谈你和Kate Butler的关系 |
[30:04] | Knob year. | 你的呆瓜岁月 |
[30:06] | She was in Echo Company with me,ma’am.That’s about it. | 她和我一起在E连 女士 仅此而已 |
[30:07] | See,now you’re violating our honor code. | 瞧 你在亵渎荣誉准则 |
[30:10] | Got an eyewitness puts you and her getting cozy at the Danboro Grous Coffee Shop. | 有人看到你和她一起在 Danboro Grous咖啡店里 |
[30:15] | Have to stay at my post,sir. | 我得坚守岗位 先生 |
[30:16] | Your post can wait. | 你的岗位可以等着 |
[30:18] | Maybe your graduation next month,too. | 也许还有你下个月的毕业礼 |
[30:20] | Introduce you to another long blue line down at the station. | 把你的责任移交给你的同袍吧 |
[30:33] | They called us the Odd Squad. | 他们叫我们怪人连 |
[30:36] | Echo had me,the chick,and a Jew. | E连里有我 一个女人和一个犹太人 |
[30:39] | No one could figure out why we were here. | 没人知道我们为什么在那里 |
[30:41] | What’s that got to do with you giving Kate the high hard one? | 那和你跟Kate谈恋爱有什么关系? |
[30:43] | We weren’t sleeping together,sir. | 我们没上床 先生 |
[30:45] | I needed a tutor,and she needed a friend. | 我需要个辅导 而她需要个朋友 |
[30:48] | (“In Hiding” by Pearl Jam playing) | |
[30:50] | I… I dunno,Kate. | 我不知道Kate |
[30:53] | Uh,infinite sequences look like Chinese to me. | 无限数列对我来说就像中文一样难 |
[30:56] | I’ll take dim sum over antiderivatives any day. | 我总有一天要拿不定积分当点心 |
[31:00] | Oh,my God. | 天啊 |
[31:01] | – What? – You just smiled. | – 什么? – 你刚笑了 |
[31:03] | What are you talking about?I smile all the time. | 你在说什么? 我一直在笑的 |
[31:04] | Not since I’ve known you. | 自从我认识你起就没笑过 |
[31:07] | Is your face gonna fall off or something? | 是不是你的脸都要掉下来了? |
[31:09] | Nope,still works. | 瞎说 还能动动 |
[31:11] | Why you so serious,Kate? | 你干嘛那么严肃 Kate? |
[31:14] | Why do you think? | 你为什么这么想? |
[31:15] | I gotta be a hundred times more Teflon than the rest of the guys. | 我必须要比那些人多努力100倍 |
[31:20] | Put up a front,just like you. | 和你一样 装门面 |
[31:24] | Front. | 前面 |
[31:25] | I really thought you were that tough. | 我真觉得你很强 |
[31:27] | Well,if I let my guard down,I’ll be dead. | 如果我卸下防卫 我会死的 |
[31:30] | Why you doing this,Kate? | 你为什么要做这行 Kate? |
[31:32] | ‘S matter,your father wanted a boy? | 是不是你爸爸想要个男孩? |
[31:39] | I were a boy,he’d be bragging about me to everyone he knows. | 我要是个男孩 他会逢人就夸我 |
[31:43] | Um… it’s just… | 嗯.. 这有点… |
[31:46] | we want to get that ring,we gotta get back to this calculus,right? | 我们要顺利毕业就要攻克微积分 对不? |
[31:48] | – Chinese,you mean. – Yeah. | – 按照你的说法 是中文 – 是的 |
[31:53] | Kate was good people once you got to know her. | 如果你认识她 就会知道Kate是个好人 |
[31:55] | Touching story,Keith. | 令人感人的故事 Keith |
[31:57] | – That your,uh,signature? – Yes,sir. | – 那是你的签名? – 是的 先生 |
[31:59] | It’s barracks sign-out log from the day Kate went AWOL. | 这是Kate擅离职守那天的 学校的出入记录 |
[32:02] | You signed out at 7:17.Same time as her. | 你签名离开的时间是7点17分 和她离开的时间一样 |
[32:05] | You came back.She never did. | 你回来了 她却没有 |
[32:08] | There’s gotta be a mistake,ma’am. | 这肯定有误 女士 |
[32:10] | I was on tours every weekend that month. | 我那个月每逢周末都要巡逻 |
[32:11] | Tours.That’s punishment,right?What was that for? | 巡逻 那是种惩罚 是不? 为什么? |
[32:14] | Don’t remember. | 不记得 |
[32:16] | Something to do with that demerit you got r getting caught in the ladies’ room? | 是不是跟你在女盥洗室被抓有关? |
[32:18] | November 1,2005. | 2005年11月1号 |
[32:20] | Two weeks before she’s murdered. | 她被杀2周前 |
[32:21] | That was a misunderstanding. | 那是误会 |
[32:23] | Same night Kate shows up in the infirmary with her hand cut up like sushi. | 同天晚上Kate出现在医务室 她的手被砍得像寿司 |
[32:26] | She get that injury from you,Keith? | 是你使她受伤的 Keith? |
[32:27] | – What?No,I… – What the hell were you doing,skulking ’round that ladies’ latrine? | – 什么?不 我… – 你到底在干什么 偷偷藏在女盥洗室? |
[32:31] | Right here,Keith. | 就在这里说 Keith |
[32:33] | Anytime. | 随便什么时候 |
[32:34] | I did go in that latrine. | 我的确进了女盥洗室 |
[32:36] | ‘Cause I was trying to help. | 因为我想帮忙 |
[32:41] | (“Indifference” by Pearl Jam playing) | |
[32:50] | Kate? | |
[32:56] | Kate? | |
[32:59] | Kate? | |
[33:02] | Kate! | |
[33:04] | Kate. | |
[33:06] | Wake up.Wake up. | 醒醒 醒醒 |
[33:08] | Keith? | |
[33:09] | You’re bleeding. | 你流血了 |
[33:11] | Your hand is… Jeez. | 你的手… 天哪 |
[33:15] | Pressure on it. | 按紧 |
[33:16] | Here. | 这里 |
[33:20] | What happened to you? | 怎么回事? |
[33:23] | Kate,who was it,did this to you? | Kate是谁 是谁干的? |
[33:25] | Just get me back to my room. | 送我回房 |
[33:26] | – Kate… – Please,Keith. | – 求你Keith |
[33:34] | I knew the cadets hated her. | 我知道那些学员讨厌她 |
[33:37] | Just didn’t know how much unl then. | 但直到那时我才知道 他们讨厌到何种程度 |
[33:38] | You ever find out who did it? | 你知道是谁做的吗? |
[33:39] | She wouldn’t tell me,ma’am. | 她不愿告诉我 女士 |
[33:41] | And I never got a look at his face. | 我从没看到那人的脸 |
[33:42] | You take her to the infirmary? | 你带她到医务室? |
[33:43] | Yes,sir.Couldn’t get the bleeding to stop. | 是的 血流不止 |
[33:46] | When I went back to get my calculus book,that’s when they caught me in the bathroom. | 当我回去拿微积分书 他们就那时在浴室抓到我 |
[33:49] | Reason you had to do tours. | 那就是命令你巡逻的理由 |
[33:55] | Knew I should have kept my mouth shut. | 我就知道我不该说 |
[33:57] | All this time I thought they just ran her out. | 我一直以为 他们只是赶走了她 |
[34:00] | Who did you talk to,Keith? | 你跟谁说过 Keith? |
[34:02] | I was in the Odd Squad,too. | 我也在怪人连 |
[34:04] | I thought they were gonna come after me next. | 我以为他们下一个会拿我开刀 |
[34:07] | There’s no incident report filed with Echo Company. | E连没有提交过意外报告 |
[34:09] | I didn’t go through the chain of command. | 我没有经通常的行政上报顺序 |
[34:11] | The honor code is only as strong as the cadets who uphold it. | 荣誉准则只对看重它的学员有效 |
[34:15] | I went straight to the top. | 我直接上报到最高层了 |
[34:17] | Commandant Murillo? | Murillo校长? |
[34:31] | Thanks for coming in,Mr.Murillo. | 感谢您能来 Murillo先生 |
[34:33] | It’s Colonel Murillo. | 是Murillo上校 |
[34:35] | I think I’ve earned that. | 我想我有这个资格 |
[34:37] | You can have a seat. | 请坐 |
[34:41] | You have a problem with Cadet Butler enrolling at PMI,Colonel? | 上校 你对学员Butler进PMI有意见? |
[34:45] | What’s this all about,Lieutenant? | 找我来为了什么事 副队长? |
[34:48] | I believe the detective asked you a question. | 我相信这位警探在问你问题 |
[34:50] | What I have a problem with is irrelevant in view of what the courts have decided now,isn’t it? | 我有什么意见和法庭现在决定的观点无关 不是吗? |
[34:55] | It isn’t when you allow a student to be assaulted on campus. | 当然不是了 可你允许学员在学校里被袭击 |
[34:57] | That’s a bit presumptuous.Am I on the stand here? | 真是自以为是 我不是站在这了吗? |
[35:00] | You knew Kate was attacked,you should have stopped it from going further. | 你知道Kate被人攻击 你应该阻止事态继续发展 |
[35:04] | I knew no such thing. | 我从不知道此事 |
[35:05] | We have a cadet who witnsed it. | 我们有位学员目击此事 有一位军校学员目击了这一切 |
[35:07] | Told you what he saw. | 告诉了你他所见到的 |
[35:08] | What Cadet Keith Henderson told me was hearsay. | 那个叫Keith Henderson的学员 告诉我的不过是道听途说 |
[35:11] | I chose to go directly to the horse’s mouth. | 我宁愿直接询问当事人的说法 |
[35:17] | Sir,Cadet Butler reporting as ordered,sir. | 长官 学员Butler向您报道 长官 |
[35:20] | At ease. | 稍息 |
[35:22] | I want to talk to you about an incident that may have occurred in the women’s latrine last night. | 我想和你谈谈昨晚上可能 发生在女盥洗室的事件 |
[35:26] | Sir? | 长官? |
[35:27] | I’ve been told that there was an altercation between you and another cadet. | 我获悉你和另一名学员之间发生口角 |
[35:31] | Is that true? | 真的是那样吗? |
[35:32] | To my knowledge,sir,there was no incident. | 就我所知 长官 并没有意外发生 |
[35:37] | Cadet Butler,are you aware of the honor code? | Butler学员 你是否清楚荣誉准则? |
[35:40] | Yes,sir. | 是的 长官 |
[35:41] | “A cadet shall not lie,cheat,or steal,nor shall he tolerate those who do. | “任何学员不得撒谎 欺骗 行窃 也不得容忍他人有这种行为” |
[35:48] | ” Now,did anything occur in the women’s latrine last night? | 昨晚在女盥洗室发生过任何意外吗? |
[35:56] | Nothing happened,sir. | 什么也没发生 长官 |
[36:00] | – Dismissed. – Sir,yes,sir. | – 下去吧 – 长官 是 长官 |
[36:07] | RUSH: That’s it? | 就那样而已? |
[36:08] | You just let her go? | 你就让她走了? |
[36:09] | What the hell would you have me do? | 你到底想让我怎么做呢? |
[36:11] | The honor code is the backbone of the institute. | 荣誉准则是学院的万物之本 |
[36:14] | If she said it didn’t happen,it didn’t. | 如果她说没有发生 那就没有发生 |
[36:18] | She was trying to suck it up,to fit in with the male cadets. | 她一直试着独自咽下苦果 去融入那些男学员 |
[36:21] | Well,then she made her choice,didn’t she? | 那么她也做出了她的抉择 不是吗? |
[36:25] | You were head of the school. | 你是一校之长 |
[36:26] | I still am.That hasn’t stopped you from trying to tell me how to do my job. | 我现在仍然是 这可没阻止你 试图告诉我该如何履行职责 |
[36:30] | Maybe if you did it better. | 也许会 如果你当时有做得更好 |
[36:33] | I don’t care how many pull-ups Kate Butler could do. | 我不在乎Kate Butler 能做几个引体向上 |
[36:37] | She was never gonna be one of the boys. | 她永远也不可能融入那些男生 |
[36:38] | Her anatomy prevented that. | 她的生理特征妨碍了她 |
[36:40] | Plain and simple. | 一目了然的事 |
[36:41] | You don’t give a rat’s ass what happened to her,do you? | 你毫不在乎她身上发生了什么 是吗? |
[36:44] | Any help I would have given her directly would have just made the situation worse. | 如果我直接出手帮她 只会让情况变得更糟 |
[36:47] | – What do you mean,directly? – I assigned an upperclassman to keep an eye on her, | – 你什么意思 直接帮忙? – 我指派了一个高年级生照看她 |
[36:50] | the same as I’m sure there was somebody who looked out for you during your aining. | 我确信在你的训练经历中 也曾有人照看过你 |
[36:56] | Woman with a badge intimidate you? | 一个戴警徽的女人吓到你了? |
[37:00] | Who was the upperclassman you asked to look after Kate? | 你让哪个高年级生去照看Kate? |
[37:02] | A first sergeant,Ec Company. | 一个军士长 E连的 |
[37:04] | He would order her to his room every Sunday for shine detail. | 他会命令她每周日去他房间 给一些零件打蜡上光 |
[37:09] | Cadet James Addison? | 学员James Addison? |
[37:12] | Put the fox in the henhouse. | 这好比在鸡舍中放入一只狐狸 |
[37:14] | Are we through here?Lieutenant? | 我们到此为止好吗? 副队长? |
[37:19] | I choose to spend my Saturday evenings kicking back with a Cohiba. | 周六晚上我宁愿来支 高斯巴雪茄放松一下 |
[37:24] | I apologize if the phallic implications of that offend you,Officer. | 如果这词隐含的生殖器喻意冒犯了你 我道歉 警官 |
[37:29] | It’s Detective. | 是警探 |
[37:31] | And I’ve absolutely earned it. | 我也绝对够格 |
[38:03] | A lot of work goes into keeping everything clean,polished. | 要花很多功夫才能让每件物品 都保持干净 有光泽 |
[38:07] | How can I help you,Detective? | 我能帮什么忙吗 警探? |
[38:08] | Made it sound like you hardly knew Kate last time we talked. | 上次和你谈话时听起来好像 你几乎不认识Kate |
[38:13] | James Frederick Addison. | |
[38:15] | Commandant’s list every semester. | 每一学期都上校长名单 |
[38:17] | I can see why he chose you to watch over her. | 我明白为什么他会让你去照看她 |
[38:21] | Shine detail,right? | 打蜡上光的差事 对吗? |
[38:22] | Every Sunday when she came to your room? | 每个星期天她都到你房间吗? |
[38:24] | Colonel Murillo told youbout that. | Murillo上校已经告诉过你了 |
[38:25] | Wondering why you didn’t. | 在想为什么你没有呢 |
[38:27] | Kate was attacked one of those Sundays,two weeks before she disappeared. | Kate在某个周日遭到了袭击 就在她失踪前2周 |
[38:30] | Would have been after she left your room. | 应该就在离开你的房间之后 |
[38:33] | That just a coincidence? | 那只是个巧合吗? |
[38:37] | You’re right about my perfect record. | 关于我的完美记录你说得对 |
[38:40] | I never failed at a thing in my life. | 我这一生没有失败过任何事 |
[38:44] | Until I met Kate. | 直到我遇见了Kate |
[38:48] | You going to take all day with that? | 你打算一天都耗在那上面吗? |
[38:50] | Sir,I’ll try to speed it up,sir. | 长官 我会加快速度的 长官 |
[38:56] | Brasso. | 洗铜水 |
[38:58] | Bring some back when you go home for Thanksgiving. | 你感恩节回家时带点回去 |
[39:00] | Thank you,sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[39:04] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[39:05] | – Sir,nothing’s wrong,sir. – Look,enough with the “sir” sandwiches. | – 长官 没事 长官 – 听着 你说了好几遍”长官”了 |
[39:07] | – What happened to your hand? – It’s fine. | – 你手怎么了? – 我没事 |
[39:09] | Let me see.Come here. | 让我看看 过来 |
[39:19] | They stitch this up at the infirmary? | 是在医务室缝上的? |
[39:21] | It’s not a big deal.It’s just,some of the polish got in it… | 这没什么大不了 不过是 一些光泽剂进到伤口里了… |
[39:23] | How’d this happen to you? | 这怎么发生的? |
[39:25] | PT,I think.Not really sure. | 体能训练 我这样想 不是很确定 |
[39:27] | Three years of PT,I never seen someone’s hand sliced like that. | 3年体能训练下来 我从没有见过 谁的手被切成那样 |
[39:30] | Two parallel cuts,what’s that? | 两道平行切口 是什么东西搞得? |
[39:32] | – It’s a saber,isn’t it? – I couldn’t say,Mr.Addison. | – 是佩剑 对不对? – 我不知道 Addison先生 |
[39:34] | Look,why do you think I make you come to my room every damn Sunday? | 你认为我干嘛每周日让你来我房间? |
[39:38] | So we can talk,so that you have someone to turn to. | 为了我们能够交流 你可以有人求助 |
[39:41] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[39:43] | Now’s the time,Kate. | 就是现在 Kate |
[39:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:00] | Hello? | 喂? |
[40:04] | Sir,request permission to get a towel,sir! | 长官 请求允许拿一条毛巾 长官! |
[40:06] | Why do you need a towel,knob? | 为什么你会需要一条毛巾 呆瓜? |
[40:08] | You ashamed of your nakedness? | 你因为裸体而害羞? |
[40:13] | Answer me,knob! | 回答我 呆瓜! |
[40:15] | You hiding from the sight of God?! | 你不想被上帝看到吗?! |
[40:17] | Sir,yes,sir! | 长官 是 长官! |
[40:39] | Who was it? | 那人是谁? |
[40:41] | Come on,Kate. | 说啊 Kate |
[40:42] | It was just racking. | 只是一次拷问而已 |
[40:44] | Knobs are always getting racked in the showers. | 新兵经常在淋浴时受到折磨 |
[40:45] | That wasn’t racking. | 这不是拷问 |
[40:47] | That was assault. | 那是暴力袭击 |
[40:50] | Look,no guy would tolerate what he did to you. | 瞧 没有人会容忍那人对你的所作所为 |
[40:52] | So you tell me who it was so I can go kick his ass. | 你应该告诉我是谁 好让我教训他 |
[40:54] | I got to fight my own battles. | 这是我必须独自面对的战斗 |
[41:03] | Then take care of it yourself. | 那就好好照顾你自己吧 |
[41:05] | Or leave. | 或者离开这里 |
[41:09] | You’re the first,Kate. | 你是第一个 Kate |
[41:11] | They’re all going to be watching you. | 他们都会留意你 |
[41:20] | I was supposed to protect her. | 我应该保护好她 |
[41:24] | All cadets carry a saber? | 所有学员都带有佩剑吗? |
[41:26] | Only upperclassmen,select members of the regimental honor guard; Operations should have a list. | 只有高年级生有 从仪仗队挑选出来的人 管理部应该有名单 |
[41:31] | What’d you think when she disappeared? | 她失踪时你怎么想的? |
[41:33] | I wasn’t surprised. | 我并不吃惊 |
[41:36] | I thought she just finally had enough and left. | 我想她终于是受够了 继而离开 |
[41:44] | Detective. | 警探 |
[41:46] | Find the person who hurt her. | 找到那个伤害她的人 |
[41:51] | (“Yellow Ledbetter” by Pearl Jam playing) | |
[42:19] | Unsealed on a porch a letter sat Then you said,” | |
[42:27] | I wanna leave it again” | |
[42:32] | Once I saw her on a beach of weathered sand | |
[42:39] | And on the sand I wanna leave it again,yeah | |
[42:46] | On a weekend,I wanna wish it all away,yeah | |
[42:52] | And they called and I said that I want what I said | |
[42:55] | And I called out again | |
[43:00] | And the reason Ought to leave her calm, | |
[43:06] | I know I said,”I know what I wear,not a box or a bag” | |
[43:11] | ************* | |
[43:15] | Can’t you see them? | |
[43:17] | “And on the eighth day… God…””… | “在第八天… 上帝…” |
[43:20] | God created PMI. | 上帝创建了宾州军校 |
[43:26] | I see them Round the front way,yeah… | |
[43:33] | Come on,Scotty.Pick up. | |
[43:55] | ********** | 未完待续 |