时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | june 17,1960 | 1960年6月17日 |
[00:15] | Wow,stewardesses,Stuart. | 哇 空姐 Stuart |
[00:17] | Should be in London by 9:00,Ally. | 9点就该到伦敦了 Ally |
[00:20] | In time for a late supper. | 还赶得上吃晚点的晚餐 |
[00:24] | Can you believe it,Helen? | 你能相信吗 Helen? |
[00:27] | We’re jet-setters. | 我们是飞行一族了 |
[00:28] | Cheese steaks for lunch,Shepherd’s Pie for dinner. | 午饭吃乳酪牛排 晚饭吃肉馅薯饼 |
[00:31] | Big Ben,here we come. | 大笨钟 我们来了 |
[00:33] | Are you a real,live stewardess? | 你真的是空姐吗? |
[00:34] | Living and breathing. | 千真万确 |
[00:36] | Can I take a picture with you? | 我能和你照张相吗? |
[00:37] | My best friend Sally won’t believe it. | 我的死党Sally不会相信的 |
[00:39] | Give me the camera.I’ll take it. | 给我相机 我给你们照 |
[00:41] | Smile,Ally. | 笑笑 Ally |
[00:44] | Wow,thanks. | 哇 谢谢 |
[00:45] | Is it true you get to fly on airplanes every day and meet lots of people and go to Tokyo and California? | 你们真的每天都坐飞机 见大堆的人 还会飞东京和加州? |
[00:50] | All those things and more. | 远不止这些 |
[00:52] | It’s the best job in the world. | 这是世上最好的工作 |
[00:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:22] | missing person’s name | 失踪人口姓名 |
[01:25] | ALLISON THURSTON | |
[01:34] | What’ve you got,boss? | 找到什么了 老大? |
[01:36] | Place used to be the Republican Hotel. | 这里以前是共和饭店 |
[01:38] | Been vacant since ’72. | 从1972年起就空置了 |
[01:40] | A lot of work going on upstairs. | 楼上大堆要做的工作呢 |
[01:42] | Developer just bought it,turning it to condos. | 发展商买下这里 要改成高级公寓大楼 |
[01:45] | Renovation crew found human remains… | 修理工人发现人体残骸 |
[01:48] | intact hip bone. | 有完整的髋骨 |
[01:49] | CSU’s thinking female. | 鉴证科认为是女性 |
[01:52] | Dumped in the old incinerator. | 被扔在老焚烧炉里 |
[01:54] | Hotels used to burn their garbage. | 以前饭店用这来焚烧垃圾 |
[01:56] | What better place for a body? | 还有比这里更好的藏尸地吗? |
[01:57] | Detective. | 警探 |
[02:01] | Pin from an airline. | 航空公司的徽章 |
[02:04] | “A. Thurston.GWA.” | |
[02:09] | Global World Airlines. | 环球航空公司 |
[02:11] | Hasn’t been around since the early ’60s. | 六十年代早期就不存在了 |
[02:14] | Got ourselves a pilot? | 这是个飞行员? |
[02:15] | Pilots were only male back then.More likely a stewardess. | 那时飞行员只能是男性 她更可能是空姐 |
[02:18] | It was layover at the hotel,maybe some kind of tryst? | 在饭店短暂逗留 也许是个幽会? |
[02:22] | And someone clipped her wings. | |
[02:52] | COLD CASE Season 6 Episode 11 | |
[02:59] | Ally Thurston,21-year-old stewardess. | Ally Thurston 21岁 空姐 |
[03:02] | Think they’re called flight attendants,John. | 她们叫乘务员 John |
[03:04] | Not in 1960,they weren’t. | 在1960年不是 |
[03:06] | When servers were waitresses. | 当服务员还叫女招待的时候 |
[03:08] | The good old days. | 过去的好日子啊 |
[03:10] | Ally was reported missing November 18,1960, | Ally在1960年11月18日报告失踪 |
[03:14] | by roommate Helen McCormick,another stewardess based in Philly. | 她的室友Helen McCormick报的警 她是来自费城的空姐 |
[03:18] | They saw each other in the crew lounge at 11 a.m. Ally had flown in from Dallas, | 她们早上11点在机组休息室见过面 Ally从达拉斯飞来 |
[03:22] | was signing out after another flight. | 在另一次飞行后登记离开 |
[03:24] | Well,they were supposed to go out together that night. | 她们晚上本来要一起出去 |
[03:26] | And Helen got home,Ally never showed. | Helen回家了 Ally再也没出现 |
[03:28] | She called the police the next morning. | 她在第二天早晨报了警 |
[03:29] | Assigned searched her room,found an itinerary for a flight to Spain– “ | 警官搜了她的房间 发现一张去西班牙的行程表– |
[03:33] | Philly to Madrid,American Flight 289,November 18 at 12:30 p.m. | 费城至马德里 美国航空289 11月18日午夜12:30 |
[03:38] | Decided she was off jet-setting. | 意味着她已经下班了 |
[03:39] | Search ended then and there. | 搜寻工作就到此为止了 |
[03:41] | Global World flew international. | 环球航空公司飞国际航线 |
[03:43] | Why buy a ticket on another airline | 如果你能免费飞行 |
[03:45] | when you can fly your own for free? | 为什么还买另一家公司的机票? |
[03:46] | Someone else buys her the ticket? | 别人帮她买的? |
[03:48] | Any guys in the picture? | 有什么嫌疑对象吗? |
[03:49] | None in here.But the swinging ’60s,stews would’ve had plenty of suitors. | 没有 不过在多姿多彩的60年代 机组人员应该有不少追求者 |
[03:53] | Family? | 家人? |
[03:54] | Parents:Lew and Debra Thurston in Glassboro,New Jersey. | 父母:Lew和Debra Thurston 葛拉斯堡罗 新泽西州 |
[03:59] | Gotta cross the bridge. | 得过桥 (费城有6座大桥与新泽西州相连) |
[04:01] | I’ll take the drive. | 我开车去 |
[04:02] | Get a DNA swab from the family to ID her remains. | 从她的家人那取DNA 确定是她的遗骸 |
[04:09] | Guy converting the condos is using the old hotel guest books to decorate the lobby. | 改建高级公寓的人准备用旅馆以前的 来客登记簿装饰大厅 |
[04:14] | Said I’d give them back when we were done. | 我答应查完案会还给他们的 |
[04:17] | Got everything from ’52 till the place went belly-up in ’73. | 从1952年到1973年空置 资料都在这 |
[04:21] | Man,travel ain’t what it used to be. | 伙计 现在旅行可不像过去那样了 |
[04:23] | How would you know? | 你怎么会知道? |
[04:24] | Ain’t left Philly since I known you. | 从我认识你开始 你就没离开过费城 |
[04:26] | Six weeks’ vacation time built up,Will. | 你共计有6周的假期了 Will |
[04:29] | Use it or lose it. | 好好享受 要不就作废 |
[04:32] | As a matter of fact,considering a little trip to the Balkan Riviera. | 事实上 我考虑去巴尔干半岛的里维埃拉 |
[04:36] | hat a planet from Star Trek? | 那是<星际迷航>里的一个星球吗? |
[04:38] | – Croatia. | – Croatia. – 在克罗地亚 – 克罗地亚 |
[04:40] | With the wars? | 正在打仗的那个? |
[04:41] | It’s a hot destination these days. | 那可是最近旅游的热门地 |
[04:43] | Top ten beaches in the world. | 全球十大沙滩之一 |
[04:45] | Keep up,son. | 与时俱进啊 小子 |
[04:53] | Let you know in a couple days,Mr.Thurston. | 我会尽快答复您 Thurston先生 |
[04:56] | Guess you’re used to this– people dying. | 我猜你们对死亡已经习以为常了 |
[05:00] | Anything you can tell me about the last time you saw Ally? | 能告诉我最后见Ally时候的事吗? |
[05:03] | We were a lot alike,my daughter and me. | 我们很像 我女儿和我 |
[05:05] | Both passionate.Both stubborn as an ox. | 都很热情 都像牛一样倔 |
[05:09] | Trouble getting along? | 相处的不好吗? |
[05:10] | Wondered if she joined the airline just to get away from me. | 我怀疑她加入航空公司是为离开我 |
[05:14] | No,I’m sure there were other reasons. | 不 我确定有别的原因 |
[05:16] | Once she put her mind to something,look out. | 她一下定决心做什么事 就得留神了 |
[05:20] | She was,she was always my little girl. | 她–她永远是我的小女孩 |
[05:24] | Just… | 只是… |
[05:25] | different with fathers and daughters,you know? | 父亲和女儿不一样 你明白吗? |
[05:31] | You…you talk to her after she left? | 你–你在她走之后和她谈过吗? |
[05:33] | She said she’d call,but… | 她说她会打电话来 可是… |
[05:35] | Any boyfriends you knew about? | 你知道她有什么男朋友吗? |
[05:37] | Just Bert,from high school. | 只有Bert 高中时候的 |
[05:39] | Bert Walters. | |
[05:41] | Not a fan? | 你不喜欢他? |
[05:43] | Kid couldn’t let her out of his sight. | 那孩子不让她离开他的视线 |
[05:46] | She was too good for him,and he knew it. | 他配不上她 他自己也知道 |
[05:50] | Thanks for your time. | 谢谢你 |
[05:53] | I may not look like the adventurous type, | 我也许看起来不像爱冒险的人 |
[05:56] | – but Ally got her travel bug from me. – How’s that? | – 但Ally爱旅行的天性是从我这继承的 – 为什么? |
[06:02] | Served in the infantry in World War II,helped liberate Paris. | 我二战时在步兵团服役 帮助解放巴黎 |
[06:07] | Brought back an Eiffel Tower trinket for her. | 给她带回来埃菲尔铁塔的小模型 |
[06:10] | Told her we’d collect one for every monument in the world. | 告诉她我们会攒齐世上所有的著名建筑 |
[06:17] | Never happened. | 永远攒不齐了 |
[06:51] | Yeah? | 喂? |
[06:54] | Who the hell is this? | 你他妈是谁? |
[06:58] | What? | 怎么了? |
[06:59] | Some joker called me a punk ass bitch. | 有个杂种骂我是烂婊子 |
[07:03] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[07:07] | Dr.McCormick? | McCormick医生? |
[07:09] | Yes. | 我是 |
[07:10] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起 我迟到了 |
[07:12] | My patient delivered twins. | 有个产妇生了对双胞胎 |
[07:13] | A long way from stewardessing. | 这行当跟空姐差远了 |
[07:15] | Well,I never intended that to be a career. | 我从没打算把那当做职业 |
[07:18] | You said there was a case I could help you with? | 你说这有个案子需要我帮忙? |
[07:20] | Yeah.We want to talk to you about Ally Thurston. | 是 我们想和你谈谈Ally Thurston |
[07:23] | You were her roommate. | 你是她的室友 |
[07:24] | Ally? | |
[07:26] | You found her? | 你们找到她了? |
[07:28] | The two of you were close? | 你们俩很亲密吗? |
[07:33] | From the moment we started stewardess training. | 从我们开始空姐培训就很亲密了 |
[07:36] | Was she in Spain like they said? | 她是像他们说的一样在西班牙吗? |
[07:38] | Philly. | 在费城 |
[07:39] | Two of you ever go to the Republican Hotel? | 你们俩去过共和饭店吗? |
[07:42] | Lobby bar,maybe? | 也许是楼下的酒吧? |
[07:44] | We never went there,no. | 我们从没去过 没有 |
[07:47] | I told the police she didn’t run off. | 我跟警察说她没有私奔 |
[07:49] | They’d already made up their minds about her. | 但他们早就对她有了成见 |
[07:52] | All those ads making stewardesses out to be sexpots. | 广告里都把空姐塑造成性感女郎 |
[07:56] | Last time you saw her,November,a.m. | 你最后一次见到她 11月18日上午11点 她是否正心烦意乱? |
[08:02] | Ally wasn’t the type to get upset. | Ally不是那种会心烦的人 |
[08:05] | If something was bothering her,she’d fix it… | 如果有事困扰她 她会处理好的.. |
[08:08] | move on. | 然后继续前行 |
[08:09] | Small-town moxie. | 小镇姑娘的迂劲 |
[08:11] | Any idea who might’ve invited her to Spain? | 知道谁会约她去西班牙吗? |
[08:13] | A boyfriend? | 男朋友? |
[08:14] | Yes.I told them from the beginning. | 是的 我从一开始就告诉他们了 |
[08:17] | It wasn’t the guys she was meeting in the air who were the problem. | 有问题的不是那些她在飞机上遇到的人 |
[08:22] | Are you Helen McCormick? | 你是Helen McCormick吗? |
[08:24] | Oh,you must be Ally Thurston,my new roommate. | 你一定是Ally Thurston 我的新室友 |
[08:27] | Hope you don’t mind snoring. | 希望你不介意我打呼噜 |
[08:29] | (Helen and Ally laugh) So,where are you from? | 你从哪来? |
[08:31] | Recruited straight from the University of Colorado. | 从科罗拉多大学直接受聘来的 |
[08:34] | How about you? | 你呢? |
[08:36] | Glassboro,New Jersey. | 新泽西州的葛拉斯堡罗 |
[08:37] | Population: boring. | 无聊的小地方 |
[08:39] | Small-town girl,huh? | 小镇女孩 是吗? |
[08:41] | It was either nurse,schoolteacher or librarian | 只能做护士 学校老师或是图书管理员 |
[08:44] | till I saw the GWA recruitment ad in the paper. | 直到我在报上看到环球航空的招聘广告 |
[08:47] | Good morning,ladies!Good morning! | 早上好 女士们!早安! |
[08:49] | I’m Gloria Flagstone. | 我是Gloria Flagstone |
[08:50] | And you,my dears,are the elite of the elite. | 而你们 亲爱的 是精英中的精英 |
[08:53] | Only three out of a hundred girls is chosen to be a GWA stewardess. | 每100个女孩中只有3个能被选中成为 环球航空的空姐 |
[08:57] | You had a better chance of getting into Harvard this year. | 今年哈佛的录取比例都比这个高 |
[09:00] | Now,it can be a glamorous life,but you’ll work hard. | 那种生活非常吸引人 但你们要努力工作 |
[09:03] | You’ll travel the world and maybe even meet Mr.Right. | 你们会环游世界 也许还会遇上白马王子 |
[09:07] | You’ll start today with your weigh-ins,then you’ll receive your girdles and your uniforms. | 你们今天要先称体重 然后会拿到腰带 和制服 |
[09:11] | Weigh-ins? | 称体重? |
[09:13] | Is she pulling our leg? | 她在开玩笑吗? |
[09:15] | I haven’t eaten in two days. | 我两天都没吃东西了 |
[09:16] | The weight they assigned me at my interview is not an easy target. | 要达到他们在我面试时规定的体重 可真不容易 |
[09:19] | Ally! Ally! | |
[09:22] | Hey! Ally! Ally! Ally! | 嘿! Ally! Ally! Ally! |
[09:27] | Let’s get out of here,Ally-Cat! | 我们走吧 Ally小心肝! |
[09:29] | Pack your stuff,I’m taking you home! | 收拾好东西 我带你回家! |
[09:31] | Ally! | |
[09:32] | I’ll be back,Ally! | 我会回来的 Ally! |
[09:34] | You’ll see! | 等着瞧! |
[09:35] | You can’t get rid of me that easy! | 想摆脱我没那么容易! |
[09:43] | Fellow was determined to keep her grounded. | 那家伙下定决心要把她拖回去 |
[09:46] | He thought they were going to marry after high school. | 他以为他们高中毕业就会结婚 |
[09:49] | He ever come back? | 他回来过吗? |
[09:50] | Stood across the street,staring up at the dorm room every night. | 每晚都站在街对面望着我们的宿舍 |
[09:53] | He was obsessed with her. | 他对她非常痴迷 |
[09:54] | How did Ally feel about it? | Ally怎么看这事? |
[09:56] | God knows why,but she felt bad about it. | 那只有天知道 但她感觉不太好 |
[09:58] | She said that she’d tried to let him down gently,but that… | 她说她会婉转拒绝他 可是… |
[10:02] | he had a mean streak. | 他很小心眼儿 |
[10:04] | Couldn’t let it go. | 始终无法释怀 |
[10:12] | Ally? | |
[10:14] | Yeah,wow,blast from the past. | 是啊 一段过去的回忆 |
[10:16] | We had a thing in high school. | 我们高中时候相爱过 |
[10:18] | How’d you feel about her leaving town to become a stewardess? | 你对她离开小镇成为空姐怎么看? |
[10:22] | Out of sight,out of mind,know what I mean? | 眼不见 心不烦 懂我的意思吗? |
[10:24] | So how do you explain stalking her at the training school? | 那你为什么在培训学校跟踪她? |
[10:27] | Sobbing like a little baby. | 还哭得像个小孩 |
[10:30] | Sounds like you cared a lot,Bert. | 看起来你很介意 Bert |
[10:32] | So I went by her school a few times. | 我有几次路过她学校 |
[10:34] | Doesn’t mean I hurt her. | 不代表我伤害过她 |
[10:35] | Saying your name isn’t going to show up when we check her flight logs? | 就是说我们查她的飞行日志的话 你的名字不会出现? |
[10:39] | You can wait while we check them. | 你可以等我们查查 |
[10:41] | – Be a few hours. – A few days. | – 就几个小时 – 或这几天 |
[10:42] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[10:48] | Ally was,like,everything to me. | Ally对我就是一切 |
[10:50] | What’d you do to her,Bert? | 你对她做了什么 Bert? |
[10:52] | I saved my money,bought a ticket. | 我攒钱买了张机票 |
[10:56] | I thought she was the one. | 我觉得她就是我的真命天女 |
[10:58] | But it was like she was slipping through my fingers,and there was… | 不过她就像从我的指间滑出去… |
[11:01] | nothing I could do about it. | 可我什么也做不了 |
[11:06] | Appetizers? | 开胃菜? |
[11:14] | Would you like a drink? | 想来杯喝的吗? |
[11:19] | Cigarettes? | 香烟? |
[11:20] | Cigarettes? | 香烟? |
[11:25] | Martini? | 马提尼酒? |
[11:29] | I feel like I’m running a marathon. | 我觉得好像在跑马拉松 |
[11:31] | Well,at least you won’t have to worry about your weight. | 至少你不用担心你的体重了 |
[11:33] | Think Gloria could pitch in a little? | 觉得Gloria能帮点忙吗? |
[11:35] | …the Prince and the Princess lived happily ever after,” | …王子和公主从此过上了幸福的生活 |
[11:38] | for this is how such things ought to be.” | 这就是故事注定的结局” |
[11:40] | She says the books calm the kids down. | 她说书会让孩子安静下来 |
[11:42] | I think she likes the story more than they do. | 我觉得她比孩子更爱那些故事 |
[11:53] | Got it. | 接住了 |
[11:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:55] | That would have caused a commotion. | 不然就要乱套了 |
[11:56] | Well,right place,right time,I guess. | 正确时间 正确地点 我觉得 |
[12:00] | Dean London,First Officer. | 我叫Dean London 第一副驾驶 |
[12:02] | Ally Thurston,low girl on the totem pole. | Ally Thurston 无足轻重的小丫头 |
[12:06] | Static electricity. | 是静电 |
[12:08] | Airplanes. | 飞机嘛 |
[12:09] | Airplanes.Right. | 是啊 飞机 |
[12:12] | Well,see you around,Ally. | 回头见 Ally |
[12:14] | See ya,First Officer London. | 再见 副驾驶London |
[12:16] | It’ll be smooth sailing tonight,huh,cricket? | 今晚飞行会很顺利 是吗 小蟋蟀? |
[12:20] | Easy,cookie,got to make sure you’re wearing your regulation girdle. | 慢点 甜心 确认一下你戴了规定的腰带 |
[12:24] | Which bunny’s gonna bring me my coffee tonight,one of the new recruits? | 今晚哪只小兔给我拿咖啡 新人吗? |
[12:27] | I’ll be taking care of you,Captain Hughes. | 我来照顾你 Hughes机长 |
[12:29] | Coffee is the only drink you’ll be getting. | 今晚你只能喝到咖啡 |
[12:41] | Thanks,doll. | 谢谢 甜姐儿 |
[12:42] | First flight? | 第一次飞? |
[12:44] | Is it that obvious? | 看起来很明显吗? |
[12:45] | Harvey Dwight. | |
[12:46] | Brilliant Import/Exports. | Brilliant进出口公司 |
[12:50] | In Madrid,Spain? | 在西班牙马德里? |
[12:51] | Call me when you need a vacation. | 要来度假就打电话给我 |
[12:52] | I’ll take you there sometime. | 我会带你去的 |
[12:54] | I’m in Champagne and caviar all the way. | 香槟和鱼子酱相伴全程 |
[13:02] | I couldn’t take it anymore. | 我再也受不了了 |
[13:04] | Watching Ally get hit on by those la-di-da’s. | 看着Ally被那些惺惺作态的家伙吸引 |
[13:07] | You sure this Harvey Dwight said he was taking her to Madrid? | 你确定这个Harvey Dwight 说过他要带她去马德里? |
[13:10] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[13:11] | That’s how I knew I’d lost her. | 那时我就知道我失去她了 |
[13:12] | I couldn’t find Madrid on a map. | 我都在地图上找不到马德里在哪 |
[13:18] | Boss,got the 411 on this Harvey Dwight and Brilliant Import/Exports. | 老大 我找到这个Harvey Dwight 和他的Brilliant进出口公司了 |
[13:23] | Company based in Madrid like he said? | 像他说的总部在马德里的公司? |
[13:24] | Guy’s had multiple real estate holdings there since ’58. | 从1958年开始此人购置多处地产 |
[13:27] | And he’s a convicted gem smuggler. | 并且他被判走私珠宝罪 |
[13:30] | VERA: Busted in ’63,served six years at Club Fed. | 63年被捕 在联邦监狱里呆了六年 |
[13:33] | Gem wholesaler out of New York today. | 现在是纽约的珠宝批发商 |
[13:35] | Used stewardesses to help him smuggle? | 用空姐进行走私活动? |
[13:36] | Connie Thunder and Lois Murphy,both with GWA. | Connie Thunder和Lois Murphy 两个都是环球航空的雇员 |
[13:40] | Convicted and served from ’63 to ’65. | 判定有罪并在63年到65年服刑 |
[13:43] | Well,call NYPD– let’s get him in here. | 给纽约警察局打电话 把他带来 |
[13:50] | Connie Thunder. | |
[13:52] | Lois Murphy. | |
[13:53] | Sounds like you read my trial transcripts. | 听起来你在念我的审讯记录 |
[13:56] | ’63’s a long time ago. | 63年已经是很久以前了 |
[13:59] | You get Ally Thurston involved in your racket,too,Harvey? | 你把Ally Thurston也牵扯进来了 Harvey? |
[14:03] | there’s a big difference between smuggling stones and having the stones to murder a girl. | 走私珠宝和因此谋杀女孩的区别可不小 |
[14:09] | She working for you? | 她为你工作吗? |
[14:11] | She was just another fish I was trying to hook. | 她只是我想勾引上钩的一条大鱼 |
[14:13] | Fish? | 大鱼? |
[14:15] | You mean,another mule. | 你的意思是 另外一个走私犯吧 |
[14:16] | I tried to reel her in with the expense-paid vacation,but,uh… | 我想带她花天酒地地度假 但是… |
[14:22] | she could read people even better than I could. | 她比我更懂得看人 |
[14:32] | Harvey Dwight! | |
[14:34] | I know what you’re up to,and I’m not going with you to Spain today,tomorrow or ever! | 我知道你在干嘛 我不想和你去西班牙 明天也不想 永远不 |
[14:38] | But,Ally,with your brains and my beauty… | 但是 Ally 有你的头脑和美貌 |
[14:41] | We could get into a whole lot of trouble. | 我们会惹很大麻烦的 |
[14:43] | Republican Hotel,fast as you can. | 共和酒店 越快越好 |
[14:53] | Don’t know why she was going there. | 不知道她为什么要去哪里 |
[14:56] | But it was the only time I’d seen her upset in the five months I knew her. | 我认识她的5个月内唯一一次看她生气 |
[15:01] | We should believe you didn’t follow her to the hotel? | 我们应该相信你没跟着她去宾馆吗? |
[15:03] | Because I flew to Madrid without her. | 因为我独自一人飞去马德里 |
[15:07] | I left Philly a half hour after she got in the cab. | 她上出租车后半小时 我就离开了费城 |
[15:10] | STILLMAN: This was November 18 you saw her? | 你看见她的时候是11月18日吗? |
[15:14] | 12:00 noon. | 中午12点 |
[15:16] | Looked at Republican guest books with November 18 in mind. | 看看酒店11月18日的顾客名单 |
[15:19] | Room 109. | 109房间 |
[15:20] | Housekeeping notes next to it the next morning. | 第二天早上有张给佣工留的便条 |
[15:23] | Replace missing linens and broken telephone. | 更换丢失的床单和损坏的电话 |
[15:26] | Could be our crime scene. | 可能是犯罪现场 |
[15:27] | Guy murders her in his room,wraps her in the sheets,carries her to the basement. | 有人在她的房间里谋杀了她 用床单卷好 抬去地下室 |
[15:31] | Broken phone. | 坏的电话 |
[15:32] | Yeah,1960 models weighed half a ton. | 1960年的电话可有半吨重哦 |
[15:35] | Enough to bludgeon someone to death. | 足够砸死一个人了 |
[15:36] | Who’s the room registered to? | 房间登记是谁的名字? |
[15:37] | T.C. Bromley,regular at the joint. | T.C.Bromley 酒店的常客 |
[15:40] | Stayed there once a month for ten years until November 18. | 11月18日前的10年中 每月光临一次 |
[15:43] | Then he never comes back. | 之后就从没回来过 |
[15:44] | Right. | 是的 |
[15:45] | Checked the name against GWA employee lists. | 在GWA员工名单里找一找名字 |
[15:48] | No matches,no record. | 没有符合的记录 |
[15:50] | See if you can find former hotel employees– maybe someone remembers him. | 看看能不能找到以前的酒店员工 也许有人记得他 |
[15:53] | If they’re still alive. | 如果他们还活着的话 |
[16:00] | Croatia for a vacation,huh? | 去克罗地亚度假? |
[16:02] | It’s a beautiful country. | 美丽的国家 |
[16:04] | What,Beirut was booked? | 贝鲁特已被预订完了? |
[16:16] | RUSH: You were Ally’s supervisor back then? | 你那时是Ally的主管? |
[16:19] | We used to carve Chateaubriand to order. | 我们按照客人要求切烤牛排 |
[16:24] | Offer martinis,shaken or stirred. | 提供马丁尼酒 手摇式或搅拌式都行 |
[16:27] | Any idea why she would’ve been going to the Republican Hotel the day she disappeared? | 你知道为什么 她失踪那天会去共和酒店吗? |
[16:32] | No. | 不知道 |
[16:33] | Ally was based in Philly. | Ally住在费城 |
[16:34] | She had an apartment in town. | 她在城里有一套公寓 |
[16:36] | RUSH: What about airline employees from out of town? | 从其他地方来的公司员工呢? |
[16:38] | They would’ve stayed at the Airport Hotel– they got a discount and a lively social scene. | 他们会在机场酒店过夜 他们有折扣和丰富的社交活动 |
[16:44] | Ally into partying,living the stewardess life? | Ally当空姐时也喜欢派对吗? |
[16:47] | No more than any of us were. | 我们都差不多 |
[16:48] | It was a glamorous life being a stewardess. | 空姐的生活非常光鲜亮丽 |
[16:51] | We were like… | 我们那时… |
[16:52] | movie stars. | 就像电影明星 |
[16:54] | Ever hear her mention the name T.C.Bromley? | 听她提过T.C.Bromley这个名字吗? |
[16:57] | No,I don’t recognize the name. | 不 我不认识这个名字 |
[17:00] | Well,what about boyfriends? | 男朋友呢? |
[17:02] | Well,if you’re looking for a man who wanted to get Ally into a hotel room, | 如果你想找能带Ally进酒店房间的人 |
[17:05] | look no further than Dean London. | 去找Dean London就行 |
[17:11] | Acapulco mexico | 阿卡普尔科 墨西哥 |
[17:23] | Ready for your drink,Miss Rogers? | Rogers小姐 喝一杯? |
[17:25] | Thought you’d never ask,Mr.Astaire. | 还以为你不会问呢 Astaire先生 (当时著名的舞王) |
[17:30] | What do you got,a .38 special in here? | 你那里有啥 点38的手枪吗? |
[17:32] | No. | 不是 |
[17:33] | It’s the Empire State Building. | 里面有帝国大厦 |
[17:35] | Picked it up in New York this morning for my collection. | 今早在纽约买的 我用来收藏 |
[17:37] | Collection of souvenirs– cute,kiddo. | 纪念品收藏 真可爱 孩子 |
[17:40] | It’s more than that. | 才不止这个呢 |
[17:42] | My father got me the Eiffel Tower when I was five. | 我父亲在我5岁时就给我买了 埃菲尔铁塔的模型 |
[17:44] | I’m gonna get every one. | 我将会拥有世上所有的著名建筑物模型 |
[17:45] | Well,you’ve got the right job to do it. | 那你可选对了工作 |
[17:48] | And if I make captain,I might be the man to take you there. | 如果能当上机长 也许我会帮你实现愿望 |
[17:50] | If you don’t make captain,the earth will stop spinning. | 如果你没当上 地球就会停止旋转 |
[17:54] | That’s the only thing you think about. | 你想的只有这件事情 |
[17:56] | Not the only thing. | 不止这一件 |
[18:03] | Peggy was my favorite instructor at the Charm Farm. | Peggy是魅力课程中我最喜欢的讲师 |
[18:05] | Today’s her birthday? | 她今天过生日? |
[18:07] | Her going away. | 她走了 |
[18:08] | She hit the age ceiling. | 她快到年龄上限了 |
[18:10] | Peggy’s 32? | Peggy 32岁了? |
[18:12] | But she’s still a knockout. | 但她还是那么迷人 |
[18:13] | Knockout or not,airline’s canning her. | 不管她是否迷人 航空公司都会炒了她 |
[18:16] | Doesn’t seem very fair. | 看起来不太公平 |
[18:18] | Don’t you worry your pretty little head. | 你不担心你漂亮的小脸蛋吗? |
[18:20] | Most girls find husbands and leave before then anyway. | 大多数女孩在这之前就找好丈夫 离开公司了 |
[18:24] | How about you,old gal,you gonna age out soon? | 你怎么样 老姑娘 你也快到年龄了 |
[18:26] | I’m 26 years old,Captain Hughes. | 我26岁 Hughes机长 |
[18:28] | Why,do I look like an old b to you? | 我看起来很老吗? |
[18:30] | You’re anything but,Gloria. | 你可不是 Gloria |
[18:39] | Back then,pilots thought that stewardesses were there just to make them happy. | 那时 飞行员认为空姐的存在 只是为了让他们开心 |
[18:43] | This Captain Hughes sounds pretty frisky. | Hughes机长听起来挺风流的 |
[18:45] | Yeah,he was a flirt,all right. | 他到处调情 |
[18:48] | But he was married. | 但是他结婚了 |
[18:49] | Dean had his sights set on Ally? | Dean看上了Ally? |
[18:51] | Like he was bringing a bird in for landing. | 就像他想找个伴安定下来 |
[18:57] | Ally was a great gal. | Ally是个很好的女孩 |
[19:01] | We dated a month,maybe two. | 我们约会了一个月 或者两个月 |
[19:03] | We’d split up by the time she disappeared. | 她失踪的时候我们分开了 |
[19:05] | When was that? | 什么时候? |
[19:07] | October,November. | 十月 十一月 |
[19:09] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[19:10] | You stay at the Republican Hotel during your layovers in Philly? | 在费城过夜时 你住在共和酒店? |
[19:14] | No. Why? | 不是 怎么了? |
[19:15] | Do you remember where you were the night Ally disappeared? | Ally失踪那晚你在哪里? |
[19:19] | Yeah,uh,Miami. | 迈阿密 |
[19:21] | Breakers Hotel. | Breakers酒店 |
[19:23] | You can check it. | 你可以查查 |
[19:24] | Cops never questioned you when she went missing? | 她失踪时候警察从没找过你? |
[19:26] | There was no reason to. | 没理由来 |
[19:27] | Said she flew off into the sunset with some Don Juan. | 据说她和某个花花公子私奔了 |
[19:30] | So,why’d you two break up anyway? | 你们两个怎么分手的? |
[19:32] | Different flights,different cities. | 不同航班 不同的城市 |
[19:34] | I don’t know where you’re going with this,but it was 1960. | 我不知道你们怎么想 那可是1960年 |
[19:38] | I was single,flying 707’s in a fancy uniform. | 我单身 漂亮的制服 开着波音707 |
[19:41] | You saying Ally was just a fling? | 你说Ally的事只是一时的艳遇? |
[19:43] | I’m saying she had spunk. | 我意思是她从不忍气吞声 |
[19:45] | And I admired that spunk. | 我很佩服 |
[19:47] | Not all men found it charming. | 不是所有男人都觉得这点很吸引人 |
[19:55] | Your coffee,Captain Hues. | 你的咖啡 Hughes机长 |
[19:56] | Oh,thanks,cricket. | 谢谢 小蟋蟀 |
[19:58] | Hey,listen,we got ourselves a little emergency up here. | 我们这有点突发事件 |
[20:02] | Oxygen tank went haywire,isn’t pumping O2 into the cabin. | 氧气槽出了点毛病 供应机舱的氧气不足 |
[20:05] | Unless we want 200 people taking a snooze back there, | 要是不想让200个乘客都打盹 |
[20:09] | I’m gonna need your help going to manual procedure. | 我需要你帮助手动操作 |
[20:11] | Absolutely,Captain. | 当然 机长 |
[20:14] | You see that button right there? | 看见这里的按钮了吗? |
[20:16] | I need you to push it every half hour,hold it down for 15 seconds. | 每半小时按15秒钟 |
[20:20] | Go ahead,give it a try. | 来吧 试试 |
[20:39] | You-you can let go now. | 你可以走了 |
[20:41] | Come back in half an hour. | 半个小时之后再过来 |
[20:45] | We’ll do it again. | 我们再做一次 |
[20:47] | Oh,hey,uh,Irish up my coffee for me,will you,kid? | 把我的酒换成咖啡 好不? |
[20:52] | Yes,sir. | 好的 |
[20:53] | I’ll need to go to manual procedure again,Captain. | 我得再手动操作一次 机长 |
[21:02] | Get off of me! | 放开我! |
[21:04] | Oh,you’re a real tiger,aren’t you? | 你脾气真差 |
[21:06] | Come on,Rowland,you had a few– leave her alone. | 算了Rowland 你有不少了 放过她吧 |
[21:08] | I’ll decide when I’ve had enough. | 我决定什么时候算了 |
[21:21] | I should’ve knocked him on his ass. | 我应该揍他一顿 |
[21:23] | But he was your boss. | 但他是你上司 |
[21:24] | I needed the bastard’s recommendation. | 我需要这个混蛋的推荐 |
[21:26] | She was the first girl to turn him down. | 她是第一个拒绝他的女孩 |
[21:28] | At least that’s what he told me. | 至少他跟我说的是这样 |
[21:29] | They have any trouble after that? | 那之后他们有什么麻烦吗? |
[21:31] | I don’t know– but the same week Ally disappearedi | 我不知道 但是Ally失踪那周 |
[21:33] | ,Rowland left GWA for South Ocean A | Rowland离开了GWA去了南洋航空公司 |
[21:36] | Struck you as odd? | 让你很奇怪? |
[21:37] | Well,back then most pilots stayed with the same airlines their whole lives. | 当时大部分飞行员终身服务一家公司 |
[21:42] | He puts in 15 years and then leaves six months before his pension is vested? | 他呆了15年 却在拿到养老金6个月前离开 |
[22:02] | Your move,Cooper. | 该你走了 Cooper |
[22:08] | Chess always was your favorite game. | 你一直最喜欢国际象棋 |
[22:20] | Lilly? | |
[22:24] | Hi,Dad. | 老爸好 |
[22:28] | Gwo So here you are… | 你来了… |
[22:32] | all grown up. | 完全成熟了 |
[22:34] | Right. | 恩 |
[22:37] | Don’t know where to start. | 不知道怎么开口 |
[22:40] | You married? | 你结婚了吗? |
[22:43] | No. | 没 |
[22:45] | Work for the city? | 在城市里工作? |
[22:50] | Cop. | 警察 |
[22:52] | I’m a homicide detective. | 谋杀案警探 |
[22:53] | Homicide. | 谋杀 |
[22:56] | Was that you outside my house? | 房子外面的是你吗? |
[23:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:04] | So you know about… | 你知道… |
[23:10] | Your family. | 你的家人 |
[23:14] | It’s been a long time. | 很长时间了 |
[23:19] | Tell you the truth,I never thought I’d see you again. | 说实话 我没想过我还能见到你 |
[23:25] | Sent you a bunch of letters a while back. | 以前给你寄了不少信 |
[23:29] | Yeah,I got them. | 我收到了 |
[23:33] | I still have them. | 我还留着 |
[23:35] | Thought maybe your mother had decided not to give them to you. | 我以为你妈妈不想让你看见 |
[23:39] | I… | 我… |
[23:41] | I got ’em. | 我看到了 |
[23:43] | I never heard back from you. | 我从没收到回信 |
[23:46] | I was 15. | 我才15岁 |
[23:49] | Not a baby. | 不是孩子了 |
[23:53] | You could have tried again. | 你本该再努力一次的 |
[23:56] | You blame me for that. | 你责怪我 |
[23:58] | That the reason you drop out of thin air like this? | 这就是你瞎编的理由吗? |
[24:02] | To point fingers? | 可以用来指责我? |
[24:09] | Look,I am so glad you’re here. | 我很高兴你在这 |
[24:17] | Okay? | 听见了吗? |
[24:19] | Okay. | |
[24:26] | How’s you’re mother doing? | 你母亲还好吗? |
[24:31] | Yeah,she’s fine. | 嗯 她很好 |
[24:35] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[24:40] | Lilly? | |
[24:44] | I’m here every week,you know. | 我每周都在这里 |
[24:59] | Rowland Hughes,Detective Valens. | Rowland Hughes? 我是Valens警探 |
[25:02] | Airline pilot in the ’60s,huh? | 60年代航空公司的飞行员? |
[25:05] | Hand in my badge any day to have wings back then. | 换我在那个年代 宁可不当警察也要开飞机 |
[25:08] | Women you must of had just dropping at your feet. | 女人对飞行员可是趋之若鹜 |
[25:12] | Times we won’t see repeated, | 可惜好时光一去不复返 |
[25:14] | Detective Valens. | Valens警探 |
[25:16] | Coffee? | 咖啡? |
[25:19] | Thanks,sweetheart. | 谢谢 甜心 |
[25:25] | Anyway,couple things I got to clear up here. | 不管怎么样 有点事情我得弄清 |
[25:29] | Ally Thurston,stew I called you about. | Ally Thurston我想跟你谈谈这个空姐 |
[25:33] | Two of you get along okay? | 你俩相处的还好吧? |
[25:35] | Sure,we got along great. | 当然 我们关系很好 |
[25:36] | There’s something here about her pouring whiskey on you while you’re flying a 707? | 你在开707时 她把威士忌倒你身上 是不是有这事 |
[25:41] | Where’d you hear that? | 你从哪听来的? |
[25:42] | Just give me something for the boss. | 给我点料 我好交差 |
[25:44] | I mean,you were a pilot. | 我是说 你是个飞行员 |
[25:47] | Who’d she think she was,right? | 她以为自己是什么 是吧? |
[25:49] | She was wound tight,that’s for sure. | 她的确很紧张 那是肯定的 |
[25:51] | Is that why you left GWA for,uh,South Ocean Air? | 你是不是因为这个离开环球到南洋航空? |
[25:56] | ‘Cause she turned you down? | 因为她拒绝了你? |
[25:57] | You think I cared about some uppity stew?Come on. | 你以为我会在意某些高傲的空姐? 得了吧 |
[26:01] | So why’d you leave? | 那你为什么离开环球航空公司? |
[26:02] | Let’s just say I’d already worked my way through the “Girls Next Door” at GWA. | 还不如说 我已经看腻了环球的 “邻家女孩”类型 |
[26:07] | South Ocean hired the sexpots. | 南洋雇的都是性感美女 |
[26:09] | It was time for greener pastures. | 那个时代 有太多新鲜草地可供发掘了 |
[26:12] | Right. | 没错 |
[26:13] | Ever take any back to the Republican Hotel? | 有没有回去过共和饭店? |
[26:16] | The Republican. | 共和饭店 |
[26:18] | No,not that I remember. | 没 我记得没有 |
[26:21] | Look,Rowland. | 瞧 Rowland |
[26:24] | I’m trying to help you. | 我想帮你 |
[26:26] | Your name’s in here. | 你名字在这里 |
[26:28] | Twice. | 2次 |
[26:29] | You got a room three months before she disappeared,another a year before that. | 在她失踪前3个月你在这开了间房 另一次是在那之前1年 |
[26:35] | The Republican,yeah,now I remember. | 共和饭店 是的 我现在记得了 |
[26:38] | Stayed there when I didn’t want everyone at the Airport Hotel kning my business. | 住那是因为我不想机场酒店里 每个人都知道我的事 |
[26:43] | I was a married man. | 我是个已婚男人 |
[26:44] | You leave GWA the same week she disappears. | 你在她失踪那周离开了环球 |
[26:48] | You lie about staying at the place we found her. | 你撒谎说没在我们找到她的地方待过 |
[26:50] | My first flight for South Ocean was a overnighter to Fiji– November 17. | 我在南洋的第一次飞行是夜航斐济 –11月17日 |
[26:56] | I was out of the country the whole month. | 我整个月都不在国内 |
[26:59] | That all you got? | 你要说的就这些? |
[27:00] | If you really want to know who that girl had trouble with,talk to the women in her life. | 如果你真想知道那女孩与谁有纠纷 问下她的朋友 |
[27:05] | Why’s that? | 为什么? |
[27:06] | You put a bunch of ’em in an aluminum tube,hormones raging,the claws come out. | 把一群女人放进密封机舱 她们荷尔蒙一冲动 就张牙舞爪 |
[27:20] | Swedish Royal Palace. | 瑞典皇宫 |
[27:22] | Wait till Dean sees this one. | 等Dean来看看这个 |
[27:25] | I’m sorry.I’ve got to get back to our room. | 对不起 我要回房了 |
[27:27] | – But we just set out. – I’m under the weather. | – 但我们才刚开始啊 – 我有点不舒服 |
[27:29] | Why don’t you go sight-seeing without me? | 你为什么不自己去游览风景? |
[27:32] | You’ve been so tired. | 你很疲倦 |
[27:35] | Helen,are you…? | Helen你是不是…? |
[27:39] | that’s great news | 这是个好消息 |
[27:41] | The medical student from your flight to Detroit– | 坐你航班去底特律的那个医学生– |
[27:43] | James. | |
[27:45] | Well,you’re in love with him,right? | 你爱上他了 是吗? |
[27:46] | Are you going to get married? | 你俩准备结婚吗? |
[27:47] | He can’t support me yet. | 他还没经济能力照顾我 |
[27:49] | And if the airline finds out that I’m pregnant… | 如果航空公司发现我怀孕了… |
[27:52] | So that’s why you bid this flight to Sweden. | 难怪你要争取到瑞典的航班 |
[27:54] | To take care of it? | 就为了处理它? |
[27:55] | Don’t be so dramatic,Ally. | 别大惊小怪 Ally |
[27:57] | People do it all the time. | 大家都这样 |
[27:58] | You should be able to keep your job and your kid if that’s what you want. | 如果你真想要的话 你应该能保住你的工作和孩子 |
[28:01] | Well,I don’t have that choice,do I? | 我没得选择 不是吗? |
[28:06] | What Rowland did to me– to all the girls, | Rowland对我的所作所为– 对所有女孩的所作所为 |
[28:09] | the airline canning Peggy,the corner they’ve backed you into… | 航空公司的那些猪头 他们把你逼到死角… |
[28:13] | it’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[28:14] | You going to take on Global World Airlines,Ally? | 你还准备在环球干下去吗 Ally? |
[28:18] | Well,some of the stews have been talking. | 有些乘务员说过 |
[28:20] | We’re going to start our own union. | 我们要开创自己的联盟 |
[28:22] | We’re gonna get out from under the pilots’ thumbs. | 我们要摆脱飞行员的支配 |
[28:24] | When they find out about this… | 如果他们发现时… |
[28:25] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗? |
[28:27] | I am not telling anyone about this. | 我不会告诉别人的 |
[28:28] | And neither are you.Got it? | 即使是你 知道了吗? |
[28:36] | The airline had a policy against pregnancy? | 航空公司有政策不许怀孕? |
[28:39] | Pregnancy,marriage,being fat. | 怀孕 结婚 变胖 |
[28:42] | Fares were regulated. | 严格控制饮食 |
[28:44] | The only way they could compete was with the stews they had. | 他们唯一的竞争优势就是乘务员 |
[28:47] | Girls Next Door at GWA,Girls Gone Wild at South Ocean. | 环球的邻家女孩 南洋的狂野女孩 |
[28:52] | One thing they had in common? | 她们有什么共同点吗? |
[28:54] | Being available. | 都属于唾手可得的类型 |
[28:58] | The good ol’ days. | 过去的好日子 |
[29:01] | So what’s this about the stews looking to unionize? | 那乘务员们想要成立工会是怎么回事? |
[29:04] | We’d already let ’em into the Airline Pilots Association. | 我们已经让她们加入了 航空公司飞行员协会 |
[29:07] | We were taking care of them. | 我们照顾他们 |
[29:09] | Suddenly we didn’t have their best interests in mind. | 突然间我们不是她们心中最关心的事了 |
[29:12] | You ask me,they’re nothing but waitresses in the sky. | 她们只是天上飞的女招待而已 |
[29:24] | Looked for Republican Hotel employees, | 找了下共和酒店的雇员 |
[29:26] | the maid that cleaned the room the next day– all dead. | 第二天打扫房间的大婶 都死了 |
[29:29] | Found another T.C. Bromley off Google. | 从谷歌里找到另一个T.C.Bromley |
[29:32] | One-hit wonder author from 1882. | 在1882年昙花一现的作者 |
[29:36] | That makes our doer,what,130? | 这就是我们要找的嫌犯 什么 130岁了? |
[29:45] | Photos from the Baker-Feldman case. | Baker-Feldman案中的照片 |
[29:49] | You came all the way upstairs for that? | 你到楼上就为这个? |
[29:52] | My legs were falling asleep at my desk. | 我的腿搁在桌上都要睡着了 |
[29:55] | It’s a lucky desk. | 这张桌子真幸运 |
[30:00] | You got plans this weekend? | 周末有计划吗? |
[30:02] | Not anymore. | 没 |
[30:03] | Pick me up tomorrow night at 8:00– Midvale Hotel. | 明晚8点来接我 在Midvale饭店 |
[30:07] | Landlord’s fumigating my apartment. | 房东在给我公寓消毒 |
[30:09] | The room’s on him. | 房钱由他支付 |
[30:11] | He going to be there,too? | 他也会去那? |
[30:13] | Don’t be late. | 别迟到 |
[30:26] | What ever happened with you and your fianc,Helen? | 你和你的未婚夫发生了什么事Helen? |
[30:29] | My fianc… | 我未婚夫… |
[30:31] | The medical student from Detroit you were dating? | 和你约会的那个去底特律的医学生? |
[30:33] | James… | |
[30:35] | We were never engaged. | 我们从未订婚 |
[30:36] | Why’d it end? | 为什么分手? |
[30:38] | Ally tell him about your trip to Stockholm? | Ally告诉他你到斯德哥尔摩的航行? |
[30:41] | No. | 不 |
[30:42] | It ended when I told him I couldn’t have children anymore. | 分手是因为我告诉他 我再也不能生育了 |
[30:46] | Reason I became a doctor… | 也是我成为医生的原因… |
[30:48] | So what happened to me wouldn’t happen to other women. | 这样发生在我身上的事 不会发生在其他女人身上 |
[30:53] | Ally nursed me through the botched procedure. | Ally在修养期间照顾我 |
[30:55] | She never told a soul. | 她从未告诉别人 |
[30:57] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:58] | I would’ve died without her. | 没她我肯定死了 |
[31:01] | Instead… | 而不是… |
[31:02] | What happened,Helen? | 怎么了 Helen? |
[31:04] | When she saw what happened to me,she said she couldn’t sit back and watch anymore. | 当她看到我的事 她说她再也不能坐视不管 |
[31:10] | Ally had guts. | Ally很有胆识 |
[31:12] | But people with guts make enemies. | 但有胆识的人会有很多敌人 |
[31:20] | How are you feeling? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[31:21] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[31:25] | Thank you… | 谢谢… |
[31:26] | for being my friend. | 做为我的朋友 |
[31:29] | I’m going to take care of you,do you hear me? | 我会照顾你的 听到没? |
[31:32] | This is your first flight back,and I want you to take ieasy. | 这是你的第一趟回程 放轻松 |
[31:36] | I’ll get the service started. | 我会开始服务 |
[31:42] | Hey,I need you to make sure tonight’s flight is extra smooth. | 嗨 我需要你保证今晚的航行会非常平稳 |
[31:45] | Helen isn’t feeling very well. | Helen觉得不太舒服 |
[31:46] | What the hell’s wrong with you,Ally? | 你到底怎么啦 Ally? |
[31:48] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[31:49] | You didn’t really go to airline personnel,did you? | 你不是真去公司的人事部了吧? |
[31:52] | Yes.I had a few things to discuss with them. | 是真的 我有点事和他们讨论 |
[31:54] | Don’t you understand how that looks for me? | 你不明白这会给我找麻烦? |
[31:56] | I’m up for my promotion. | 我正要升职 |
[31:58] | What does your promotion have to do with unfair work conditions? | 你升职和工作条件不公平有什么关系? |
[32:00] | They’re saying if I can’t control you,how can I control a 707 with 200 passengers? | 他们会说如果我不能控制你 又怎能控制 一架有200名乘客的707? |
[32:05] | This has nothing to do with your career,Dean. | 这与你的前程无关 Dean |
[32:08] | People are getting hurt. | 有人受到伤害 |
[32:10] | Besides,they told me to take a hike. | 此外 他们让我一边凉快去 |
[32:13] | They don’t care what we have to say anyway. | 反正他们不在乎我们说什么 |
[32:15] | Good. | 很好 |
[32:16] | So this is over? | |
[32:20] | No. | 没 |
[32:22] | It’s just starting. | 这只是开始 |
[32:30] | No fair play at GWA? | 环球公司没有公平游戏? |
[32:33] | If you walk out there wearing that thing,then this is war. | 如果你戴着这个走出去 就是场战争 |
[32:37] | Then war it is. | 那就开战吧 |
[32:50] | That was two weeks before she disappeared. | 这是她消失2周前 |
[32:54] | I always wondered if he’d gone after her. | 我总是在想他是不是会跟踪她 |
[32:56] | Saying Ally was some kind of feminist? | 据说Ally是女权主义者? |
[32:58] | Feminists didn’t even exist in 1960. | 1960年还不存在女权主义者 |
[33:01] | No,she just believed in fair play. | 不 她只是相信公平竞争 |
[33:04] | What happened to Dean’s career after she disappeared? | 她失踪后Dean的前途如何? |
[33:07] | A week later,the airline made the announcement. | 一周后航空公司贴出告示 |
[33:10] | He got his promotion. | 他升职了 |
[33:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:14] | And Ally got dead. | 而且Ally死了 |
[33:16] | I was in Miami that week. | 我那周在迈阿密 |
[33:19] | Yeah,we heard that story before. | 是的 我们之前听过这个故事 |
[33:21] | Along with that song and dance you threw us about some other bad pilot. | 还有欢歌热舞 你把我们的视线 转到某个坏飞行员身上 |
[33:24] | Acting like you were some patron saint of stewardesses. | 搞得自己像是空姐的守护神 |
[33:27] | I didn’t say that. – No,you said “this is war. | – 我从没这样说 – 不 你说过 “这是战争” |
[33:29] | ” Right,Dean? | 是吗 Dean? |
[33:30] | To Ally. | 对Ally说的 |
[33:31] | Woman threatened your precious promotion. | 女人威胁到你宝贵的升职 |
[33:34] | I was mad.People say stupid things when they’re mad. | 我那时疯了 人们一发疯就说傻话 |
[33:36] | Do stupid things,too. | 还会做傻事 |
[33:38] | Especially in hotels. | 特别是在酒店 |
[33:39] | Take things too far. | 事情做得太多 |
[33:40] | Ally was a thorn in your side. | Ally是你身边的一根刺 |
[33:42] | Causing you a lot of problems. | 给你找了不少麻烦 |
[33:44] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[33:47] | Problem was,I loved her. | 问题是 我爱她 |
[34:02] | Two lumps. | 两块糖 |
[34:04] | How you like it,right? | 你喜欢 是吗? |
[34:07] | I have good news. | 我有个好消息 |
[34:09] | You grew a conscience? | 你有良心了? |
[34:10] | They’re promoting me to captain. | 他们升我为机长 |
[34:12] | Be official in two weeks. | 两周后正式宣布 |
[34:14] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[34:15] | You got everything you wanted. | 你得到你想要的一切 |
[34:18] | Not everything. | 不是一切 |
[34:22] | Kingdom Afar? | 遥远国度? |
[34:24] | You want me to read this to you? | 你想让我给你读这个? |
[34:26] | Just skip to the part where the prince and the princess live happily ever after. | 直接跳到从此王子和公主一起 过上幸福的生活那部分 |
[34:35] | Dean… | |
[34:42] | So? | 那? |
[34:44] | Will you? | 你愿意吗? |
[34:49] | No. | 不行 |
[35:02] | I thought that… | 我还以为… |
[35:03] | You know that I do. | 你知道我想的 |
[35:04] | Then say yes. | 那就同意 |
[35:06] | You’re so worked up over all this union stuff,the way stews are treated… | 你一直为空姐待遇的事吃尽苦头… |
[35:10] | I’m offering you a way out. | 我为你找到了出路 |
[35:14] | Pilots are allowed to be married and have families. | 飞行员可以结婚生子 |
[35:18] | Pilots are allowed to be older than 32. | 没有32岁的年龄限制 |
[35:20] | Pilots can even flick girls’ girdles and still keep their jobs. | 对女孩毛手毛脚也不会丢饭碗 |
[35:26] | I’ll marry you when the same is true for stews. | 当空姐得到相同待遇时 我就嫁给你 |
[35:33] | All these years I thought it was an excuse not to marry me. | 这么多年来 我一直以为 这是她不嫁给我的借口 |
[35:36] | That she’d run off with someone else. | 她和别人跑了 |
[35:38] | You ever see her again after that? | 在那之后你就再没见过她? |
[35:40] | No.I flew to Miami the next morning. | 没有 我第二天就飞去迈阿密了 |
[35:42] | Spent a week holed up in my room with three months’ salary worth of gin. | 整整一个星期都待在房间里 喝着值我3个月薪水的琴酒 |
[35:47] | When I got back,she was gone. | 我回来后 她就不见了 |
[35:50] | Still buy those monuments she collected wherever I go. | 不管我到哪 还给她买那些纪念品 |
[35:54] | The book you taped the ring inside– Kingdom Afar? | 你包戒指的那本书是<遥远国度>? |
[35:57] | It’s a fairy tale stews used read to kids when they were cranky. | 小孩不听话时 空姐就给他们读的童话故事 |
[36:00] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[36:01] | Written by my new favorite author. | 我现在爱死这个作者了 |
[36:05] | Tracked down t head of personnel at GWA. | 查了GWA人事部门的头 |
[36:07] | Ally rallied every girl Rowland Hughes ever laid his hands on. | Ally集合了所有被Rowland Hughes 骚扰过的女孩 |
[36:11] | Threatened to go public unless the airline got rid of him. | 威胁如果不开掉他 就将此事公布于众 |
[36:13] | Airline buckled day before Ally disappeared– November 17,1960. | 公司在Ally失踪的前一天妥协了 1960年11月17日 |
[36:17] | Rowland left GWA because Ally got him fired? | Rowland离开GWA是因为Ally导致他被开除? |
[36:20] | That type of thing was unheard of back then, | 当时这种事从没被报道过 |
[36:22] | but Ally knew how much the press liked stews. | 但Ally知道媒体多么喜欢空姐 |
[36:25] | Gives Rowland motive to spare. | 这下Rowland有杀人动机了 |
[36:26] | Problem is,his alibi checks out. | 问题是 他的不在场证据被证实了 |
[36:29] | He was out of the country November 17th till the 30th. | 11月17号到30号之间他在国外 还有其它人对Rowland的事业有兴趣吗? |
[36:34] | Yup. | 没错 |
[36:35] | And I know who it was. | 而且我知道是谁 |
[36:37] | Kingdom Afar. | <遥远国度> |
[36:39] | By T.C. Bromley… | 作者是T.C. Bromley… |
[36:41] | our regular at the Republican Hotel. “ | 共和酒店的常客 |
[36:44] | …The Prince and the Princess lived happily ever after… | 王子和公主从此过着幸福的生活… |
[36:48] | for this is how such things ought to be. | 故事的结局就该是这样 |
[36:54] | ” Kingdom Afar. | <遥远国度> |
[36:55] | You familiar with it,Gloria? | 耳熟吗 Gloria? |
[36:57] | What does a children’s book have to do with anything? | 儿童读物和这事有什么关系? |
[37:00] | T.C. Bromley– the author? | T.C. Bromley…那个作者? |
[37:03] | Same name as someone who stayed at the Republican Hotel once a month for ten years. | 和那个10年间定期来酒店的常客同名 |
[37:10] | Distinctive T’s and B’s… | 与众不同的T和B… |
[37:13] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[37:15] | I’ve never stayed at the Republican. | 我从没在共和酒店住过 |
[37:16] | C’mon,Gloria.Got your old files. | 别扯了 Gloria 我们看过你以前的档案 |
[37:19] | Compared your handwriting with T.C. Bromley’s. | 对比过你和T.C.Bromley的笔迹 |
[37:22] | It’s a perfect match. | 完全一样 |
[37:25] | There has to be some mistake. | 你们肯定是搞错了 |
[37:27] | Who were you meeting at the hotel all those years,Gloria? | 你这些年都去那见谁 Gloria? |
[37:31] | VALENS: There’s no ring on your finger. | 你没有戴戒指 |
[37:33] | Whoever it was never made you an honest woman. | 不管那个人是谁 你都不是个诚实的女人 |
[37:36] | A lady never tells. | 淑女总是保持沉默 |
[37:38] | Lady? | 淑女? |
[37:40] | You mean “the other woman”? | 你是说另外一个女人? |
[37:42] | You used an alias ’cause Rowland Hughes was married. | 你用化名是因为 Rowland Hughes已经结婚了 |
[37:46] | Rowland Hughes? | |
[37:47] | – The pilot? – His name’s right here. | – 那个飞行员? – 他的名字就在这 |
[37:50] | Only paid for the room twice,two times he signed in. | 只登记结过两次账 |
[37:54] | Real prize,that guy. | 那家伙还真不大方啊 |
[37:57] | You know,I-I talked to him,Gloria. | 我和他聊过 Gloria |
[37:59] | Gotta say,he must’ve been a handsome man. | 不得不说 他真是很帅 |
[38:02] | The pilot on your first flight… | 你第一次出勤时的飞行员… |
[38:05] | Guy like him– you never had a chance. | 像他那样的家伙…你根本没有机会 |
[38:08] | Your first and only. | 你的初恋也是唯一的恋爱 |
[38:09] | Prince and princesses… | 王子和公主… |
[38:11] | pilots and stews… | 飞行员和空姐… |
[38:13] | 1960– that’s not a huge leap. | 在60年代 也不算是什么大突破了 |
[38:21] | Through darkness and light,the princess held out hope… | 穿过光明和黑暗 公主怀抱希望… |
[38:31] | like all good princesses should. | 就像所有教养良好的公主一样 |
[38:36] | You were waiting for your prince to come, | 你在等待自己的王子 |
[38:39] | but Rowland Hughes wasn’t prince material,was he? | 但Rowland Hughes不是当王子的料 对吧? |
[38:43] | He… just needed a little more time. | 他…只是需要些时间 |
[38:47] | To leave his wife? | 来离开他的妻子? |
[38:49] | Married men don’t leave their wives. | 已婚男人不会离开自己的妻子 |
[38:52] | Ever. | 永远不会 |
[38:54] | I’ve been there,Gloria. | 我也经历过这个 Gloria |
[38:56] | Gave up six of the best years of my life. | 浪费了我生命中最好的6年时光 |
[39:00] | It was time you didn’t have. | 你可没这样的时间好浪费 |
[39:02] | Checked your birth records. | 我们查过你的出生证明 |
[39:03] | Weren’t 26 like you said. | 你可不止26岁 |
[39:06] | You were almost 32,about to hit that age ceiling. | 你马上就32了 要超过年龄上限了 |
[39:09] | Then Rowland comes to the hotel. | 然后Rowland来到酒店 |
[39:11] | Tells you he’s leaving the airline… | 告诉你 他要离开公司… |
[39:12] | And bam,what little time you had is gone. | 这下你仅存的时间也没有了 |
[39:14] | Not only were you losing your job… | 你不仅仅要失去工作… |
[39:16] | You were losing your man. | 连自己的男人也要失去了 |
[39:17] | Thanks to Ally and her small-town moxie. | 都因为Ally乡巴佬的迂劲 |
[39:22] | She didn’t understand. | 她根本不懂 |
[39:25] | I’m…All those terrible things she was saying about him… | 我…她说的所有关于他的坏话… |
[39:30] | Once Ally put her mind to something,look out. | 一旦Ally下定决心 你就得留神了 |
[39:34] | But she didn’t know him like I knew him. | 但她不如我了解 |
[39:38] | What kind of a gentleman he could be. | 他会是一个多么好的绅士 |
[39:44] | He took advantage of you,Gloria. | 他占了你的便宜 Gloria |
[39:45] | No. | 不是 |
[39:47] | He loved me. | 他爱我 |
[39:52] | I was his princess… | 我是他的公主… |
[39:57] | And she was taking him away. | 而她要带走他 |
[40:03] | The purser gave me your letter when I was leaving the airport. | 我离开机场时 乘务长把你的信给我了 |
[40:06] | Yes,thank you for meeting me. | 对 非常谢谢你能来见我 |
[40:08] | You’re grounded until we talk? | “在谈话之前你将被停飞”? |
[40:11] | Why would you ground me,Gloria? | 为什么要让我停飞 Gloria? |
[40:14] | Because… | 因为… |
[40:16] | you’re spreading lies. | 你散布谣言 |
[40:18] | Whatever you told the airline to get Captain Hughes fired,I want you to take it back. | 你让公司开除Hughes机长的话 我希望你收回 |
[40:22] | But why would you care? | 你为什么这么关心? |
[40:26] | There’s the phone. | 打电话 |
[40:28] | If you want to fly again,you’ll tell them the truth. | 你如果还想飞的话 就给他们说 |
[40:32] | Captain Hughes is a perfect gentleman. | Hughes是个完美的绅士 |
[40:35] | Gloria… | |
[40:37] | are you involved with him? | 你和他在一起吗? |
[40:39] | Please mind your own business,Miss Thurston. | 管好你自己的事 Thurston小姐 |
[40:42] | But you deserve better. | 但他不值得你这样 |
[40:43] | He’s married. | 他结婚了 |
[40:44] | – And the things he’s done – He’s leaving because of you! | – 还有他做的那些事… – 他离开全都怪你! |
[40:47] | No,he was fired,because he’s a menace. | 不对 他被开除 是因为他让人恶心 |
[40:50] | You’re only doing this so Dean can get his pilot seat! | 你这么做是为了让Dean当上机长! |
[40:52] | I’m doing this for the stews. | 我这么做是为了所有空姐 |
[40:54] | So he’ll stop touching them,stop following them to their rooms like a wolf… | 这样他就不会再碰她们了 或像色狼一样跟她们到房间… |
[40:58] | You watch your mouth! | 嘴巴放干净! |
[41:00] | You just can’t see him for who he is because he’s using you. | 你看不清他的真面目 他在利用你 |
[41:03] | This is your fault! | 都是你的错! |
[41:05] | You’re taking him from me! | 你害得他要离开我! |
[41:07] | He’s never going to leave his wife,Gloria. | 他永远不会离开自己的妻子 Gloria |
[41:10] | He’s only waiting for you to age out. | 他只是在等你超过年龄 |
[41:14] | Take it back! | 把话收回! |
[41:16] | Now! | 现在! |
[41:18] | No,I can’t do that. | 不行 我不能这么做 |
[41:20] | * We’ve come too far. * | 我们走得太远了 |
[41:31] | * There’s a somebody * | |
[41:34] | * I’m longing to see * | |
[41:38] | * I hope that she turns out to be * | |
[41:45] | * Someone who’ll watch over me * | |
[41:58] | * I’m a little lamb who’s lost in the wood * | |
[42:04] | * I know I could,could always be good * | |
[42:12] | * To one who’ll watch over me * | |
[42:22] | * Although I may not be the man some * | |
[42:29] | * Girls think of as handsome * | |
[42:36] | * But to her heart, * | |
[42:39] | * I’ll carry the key * | |
[42:50] | * Won’t you tell her please to put on some speed * | |
[42:56] | * Follow my lead,oh, | |
[43:01] | * how I need Someone to watch over me * | |
[43:24] | * Won’t you tell her please to put on some speed * | |
[43:31] | * Follow my lead Oh,how I need Someone to watch over me. * |