时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | the followin story is ficeional and does not depict any actual person or event | 以下情节纯属虚构 不影射任何真人真事 |
[00:03] | (Billy Squier’s “The Stroke” playing) | |
[00:12] | September 27,1981 | 1981年9月27日 |
[00:17] | Damn! | 见鬼! |
[00:38] | Hey,got any glazed in there,Donna? | 嘿 是糖霜口味吗 Donna? |
[00:41] | You got any fries with that shake,baby? | 有没有可以晃的东西配薯条? (双关奶昔和臀部) |
[00:42] | That’s funny,Bruce. | 真巧呢 Bruce |
[00:43] | I just heard a guy say that… | 刚才”得来速”那家伙… (设于加油站的汽车餐厅) |
[00:45] | to your mother at the drive-thru window. | 也这么对你老妈说 |
[00:47] | Oh,yeah? | 是吗? |
[00:49] | All right,listen up. | 好了 听好了 |
[00:53] | End of the month,fellas.Crunch time. | 月底了 伙计们 紧要关头 |
[00:55] | Gotta move some serious steel before the new inventory arrives. | 新货来到前 我们得把旧货卖掉 |
[00:58] | Top man on the board… | 业绩第一的销售… |
[01:01] | …gets a fat bonus: $1,500 cash. | …将获1500元现金大赏 |
[01:04] | Bottom fish?You don’t sell a car this weekend… | 垫底的呢? 如果这周末卖不出一辆车 |
[01:07] | … hit the bricks.Or you can get out now. | …要么自撞南墙 要么现在就卷铺盖走人 |
[01:12] | It’s simple men: get… | 要求很简单: 把… |
[01:14] | them… in… the car. | 他们…弄上…车子 |
[01:18] | Get ’em to,to smell it. | 让他们闻到车子的味道 |
[01:21] | Then you get ’em to drive it. | 接着让他们亲身试驾 |
[01:23] | Then you get ’em to buy it! | 最后把车子卖给他们! |
[01:26] | The feel of the wheel.. | 先感受方向盘的震动… |
[01:29] | seals the deal! | 然后成交! |
[01:30] | The feel of the wheel. | 说到试驾 |
[01:32] | Rice burners got us beat on price and mileage,Mickey. | 我们的价格和里程数都比不上日本车 Mickey |
[01:34] | Yeah,we’re busting our humps out there, | 没错 我们拼了老命推销 |
[01:36] | but we’re losing loyal customers with these new,uh,K-cars. | 但新出的小型车让我们流失了很多老顾客 指日本车 80年代凭借省油和廉价 快速占据美国市场 |
[01:40] | The cars? | 小型车? |
[01:43] | The cars don’t lose customers. | 车子不会流失顾客 |
[01:45] | Lousy salesman do! | 糟糕的推销员才会 |
[01:47] | You think guys walk on this lot because they’re thinking about mileage? | 你以为顾客上门来 满脑子就想着省油的里程数? |
[01:52] | Guys walk on this lot because they want to buy American,to give us their money. | 他们是来买美国车 给我们送钱来 |
[01:57] | And you know what you do? | 而你们怎么办? |
[01:58] | You take it,damn it! | 接过来就是了 见鬼! |
[02:00] | Take it! | 接过来! |
[02:02] | People want cars to project an image. | 人们买车是为了显摆 |
[02:04] | Cars to make ’em look younger or more powerful. | 显得他们年轻 有财势 |
[02:09] | Men want cars that women just want to… …get into. | 男人有车 女人才会…上钩 |
[02:16] | Ain’t that right,Donna? | 对不对 Donna? |
[02:18] | Yeah,but I would have never got knocked up at 17 in some K-car. | 对 但我17岁时可没在小型车里怀孕 |
[02:22] | It ain’t go no curves,no back seat. | 既没有线条 又没有后排座(做爱) |
[02:26] | Never take no for an answer! | 别听到一个”不”字就放弃! |
[02:29] | Someone says they’re just looking? | 有人说他只是随便看看? |
[02:30] | You tell ’em that’s how you met your wife. | 告诉她 你老婆也是这么看看才认识的 |
[02:32] | What-what if they say they have to check with the wife? | 要是他们说要先问问老婆? |
[02:34] | Then you tell ’em to go get their pants back! | 告诉他 拿点男人的底气出来! |
[02:37] | You get ’em in a box and you close these bastards! | 你得把他们搞进车里 砰上车门! |
[02:40] | And if you can’t do it,then you find someone who can! | 要是你办不到 就找别人帮忙! |
[02:43] | But you do not– and I repeat– you do not let them walk out that door! | 总之你决不– 我重申 — 决不能让他们空手出门! |
[02:50] | – Are we clear? – Yeah! | – 明白了吗? – 明白! |
[02:52] | – Are we clear? – Yeah! | – 明白了吗? – 明白! |
[02:54] | Shall we go sell some cars? | 准备好卖车了吗? |
[02:56] | Let’s go sell some cars. | 开工卖车去吧 |
[03:00] | Mickey!Mickey! | |
[03:02] | Can I talk to you a sec? | 能不能聊几句? |
[03:03] | The phones aren’t gonna answer themselves,sweetheart. | 热线电话可不会自动回复 甜心 |
[03:04] | I know,it’s just,um,things are real tight for me right now. | 我知道 是这样 我现在手头很紧 |
[03:08] | Oh,looking for an advance? | 想预支薪水? |
[03:09] | Just for this week. | 就这个星期 |
[03:10] | But I’m ready to take on more. | 我会努力工作的 |
[03:12] | That’s great. | 这敢情好 |
[03:14] | I’ll tell you,why don’t you start by cleaning this mess up right here? | 你何不从收拾这堆烂摊子开始? |
[03:18] | Look at it,pigsty right here.Look. | 看吧 脏得跟猪圈一样 |
[03:51] | Classic car buff trolling for parts found more than he bargained for in the trunk of this old beater. | 古董车粉丝本想要拆点零件 却在后备箱发现了意外之物 |
[03:56] | Adult female? | 成年女性? |
[03:58] | Looks like blunt force trauma to the skull. | 看来是钝器击中头部致死 |
[04:00] | The tire iron was in the trunk. | 在后箱发现轮胎撬棍 |
[04:04] | It’s a ’73 Eldorado. | 73年款的凯迪拉克爱都 |
[04:07] | Guy probably wanted the taillights. | 那人大概想要车尾灯 |
[04:09] | Donna D’Amico,age 22,went missing back in ’81. | Donna D’Amico 22岁 81年失踪 |
[04:14] | Anyone notify next of kin? | 通知家人了吗? |
[04:15] | We’re trying to locate her mother who filed the missing persons report. | 正在联络她母亲 当年是她报的失踪 |
[04:19] | The car don’t belong to her. | 不是她的车子 |
[04:21] | The keys don’t fit. | 钥匙打不开 |
[04:23] | And the VIN number plate’s gone. | 车辆识别码的铭牌不见了 |
[04:26] | A ’73. | 1973年 |
[04:27] | Cars had confidential VIN numbers that far back? | 那时就有车辆识别码了吗? |
[04:30] | Should be buried in there somewhere. | 可能贴在别的地方了 |
[04:31] | It’s probably on the frame or under the engine block. | 也许在车架或者发动机下面 |
[04:34] | Whoever dumped her knew what they were doing. | 弃尸的人一定和案情有关 |
[04:36] | The fat slob at the gate said they don’t inspect cars at intake. | 看门的胖子说他们收车时从不检查 |
[04:39] | The place should advertise to criminals: Dump-Jobs-R-Us. | 这地方应向犯罪分子作广告:弃尸圣地 |
[04:42] | Let’s tow the car. | 把车子拖回去 |
[04:43] | Let the Auto Squad take it apart in the garage.hello is Stillman | 让车检组把它拆开 你好 Stillman |
[04:48] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[04:50] | A scrap of paper with some names and some numbers. | 一张纸 有几个名字和号码 |
[04:54] | Still make out the ballpoint. | 还能看到圆珠笔的字迹 |
[04:57] | Lester,1,200 bucks.Somebody she owed money? | Lester 1200元 她欠别人钱? |
[05:01] | The address at the top’s faded out. | 顶上的地址褪色了 |
[05:03] | See if QD can pull it up? | 看鉴证科能否鉴别出来 |
[05:04] | I’ll run the name Lester against titles on ’73 Eldorados. | 我去查车主叫Lester的73年爱都车 |
[05:08] | Donna’s mother passed away eight years ago. | Donna的母亲八年前过身了 |
[05:10] | Only surviving next of kin is her daughter,Marisa. | 她唯一在世的亲人只有女儿Marisa了 |
[05:15] | How old was she back in ’81 when her mom disappeared? | 她妈妈失踪时她几岁? |
[05:18] | Five. | 5岁 |
[05:23] | I’ll handle the notification. | 我去告诉她这个消息 |
[05:26] | It was a good thing we got to her before the cruncher. | |
[05:44] | YTET | – 七区二区的邦德猪 |
[06:00] | Cold case S6E06 | |
[06:07] | Donna D’Amicl,22-year-old single mom took the bus to Steed Motors where she worked as a greeter. | Donna D’Amicl 22岁的单亲母亲 在Steed汽车做接待 坐公车通勤 |
[06:12] | Boss says she left at 7:00 P.M. the day she disappeared. | 老板说她失踪那天是晚上7点走的 |
[06:14] | Never returned to pick up her daughter from the sitter. | 再也没能去保姆处接她女儿 |
[06:16] | Witness statements back in ’81? | 有当时证人的口供吗? |
[06:18] | Nothing indicating foul play.Like she vanished. | 没有任何可疑之处 她就这么凭空消失了 |
[06:21] | Only after she emptied her bank account: 400 bucks. | 除去她提走了全部存款:400美元 |
[06:24] | Any guys in the picture? | 有嫌疑人吗? |
[06:25] | No husband,no degree,bad credit,crap job with limited prospects. | 没丈夫 没学历 信用评价很烂 垃圾工作 没什么前途 |
[06:30] | Assigned figured she skipped town; ditched the kid and a miserable situation. | 当年认为 她无故失踪 是为甩掉孩子和悲惨的生活 |
[06:34] | – Wouldn’t be the first. – We got any other friends or family? | – 她也不是第一个了 – 有其他朋友或家人吗? |
[06:36] | Friend Paula coming in. | 她的朋友Paula正赶来 |
[06:37] | – She was sitting the kid the night she disappeared. – What about the daughter? | – 受害人失踪当晚 她帮忙照看她女儿 – 她女儿呢? |
[06:40] | Marisa D’Amico.She’s not returning our phone calls.Rush is hunting her down. | 叫Marisa D’Amico 她没回电话 Rush去找她了 |
[06:43] | Checked registrations on all ’73 Eldorados No hits on the name “Lester.“ | 我查了所有73款爱都车的注册记录 没有Lester这个名字 |
[06:48] | Check the dealership.See if there ever was a guy that name worked on that lot. | 查下那家代理商店 看有没有叫这个名字的人在那工作 |
[06:53] | I hate car salesman. | 我讨厌汽车销售员 |
[06:55] | You could use a new ride. | 你可以换辆新车了 |
[06:57] | What’s wrong with my car? | 我的车子有什么问题? |
[06:59] | Nothing,if you like being single. | 没问题 如果你想继续单身的话 |
[07:03] | Excuse me.Is that,um,Marisa? | 打扰了 这位是 Marisa? |
[07:09] | Marisa? | |
[07:10] | Lily Rush. | |
[07:12] | I’ve called before about your mother. | 我之前打过电话来 问你妈妈的情况 |
[07:17] | My mother walked out when I was five. | 我妈在我5岁时抛弃了我 |
[07:20] | We just found her body. | 我们发现了她的尸体 |
[07:27] | – Where? – In the trunk of a car out in Elmwood. | – 在哪里? – Elmwood车场 一辆车的后备箱里 |
[07:32] | Might explain what happened to her. | 也许能解释她为什么抛弃你 |
[07:35] | Can’t say it’s a real shock. | 以她选男人的眼光来看 |
[07:37] | given her choice in men. | 我不觉得有什么惊讶的 |
[07:39] | Anyone in particular? | 你想起什么人了吗? |
[07:41] | I was referring to the loser who knocked her up in high school. | 我是指那个在高中搞大她肚子的懦夫 |
[07:45] | Your dad. | 你父亲 |
[07:46] | Got to be around to earn that title.Never en met him. | 他不配这个称呼 我从没见过他 |
[07:49] | Who’d you grow up with? | 是谁把你养大的? |
[07:50] | Grandmother raised me…who wasn’t expecting to. | 我外婆…她根本没想要这么做 |
[07:53] | Reminded me constantly. | 成天提醒我她有多不情愿 |
[07:55] | I know you were young,but if there’s anything you can remember about your mom: | 我知道你当时还小 但你是否记得任何你妈妈的事? |
[07:59] | what she was involved in… | 她有没有和什么人约会… |
[08:01] | Only thing I remember was we never had any money or a place of our own. | 我只记得 我们穷得要命 无处容身 |
[08:04] | The name “Lester” mean something to you? | Lester这个名字能让你想起什么吗? |
[08:06] | No. | 没有 |
[08:08] | Did she leave anything behind,personal effects? | 她有没有留下什么东西 私人物品之类? |
[08:10] | Sorry,all I know is the police said she cleaned out her bank account. | 抱歉 我只知道 警察说她的帐户提空了 |
[08:14] | Couldn’t get away fast enough. | 跑得还不够快 |
[08:17] | You think of anything,let me know. | 要是你想起了什么 找我 |
[08:25] | Always knew something must have happened. | 我就知道一定出事了 |
[08:27] | Donna never would have just taken off. | Donna不会这么一走了之 |
[08:29] | She loved that kid. | 她爱她的孩子 |
[08:31] | You were babysitting Marisa the night she disappeared? | 她失踪那天晚上 你在照顾Marisa? |
[08:33] | We were good friends in high school. | 我们高中时是好朋友 |
[08:35] | Dodged a baby bullet myself. | 幸而我没有”中招”怀孕 |
[08:37] | Figured I’d help her out whenever I could. | 我决定尽我能力帮她 |
[08:39] | Any guys she was involved with at the time? | 她当时在和什么人约会吗? |
[08:42] | Dating was a hassle for her,the kid and all. | 约会对她来说很困难 因为带着孩子什么的 |
[08:45] | She was really struggling to make it on her own. | 她真的很努力地自力更生 |
[08:48] | Any idea why she emptied her bank account before she disappeared? | 知道她失踪前干嘛要把帐户提空吗? |
[08:51] | No,but it couldn’t have been much. | 不知道 但这是常有的事 |
[08:54] | Donna didn’t have two nickels. | Donna时常一分钱不剩 |
[08:56] | She owe anybody?Someone named Lester? | 她欠别人钱吗?一个叫Lester的人? |
[08:58] | Wasn’t like her.She hated to borrow. | 不是她的作风 她讨厌亏欠别人 |
[09:01] | Was a real blow when she had to move back in with her mom. | 她被迫搬回去和她妈住时不知多难过 |
[09:04] | I wouldn’t wish that woman on anyone. | 我可不指望那女人能好好待她 |
[09:06] | You worked with her at the dealership? | 你曾和她一起在经销店工作? |
[09:07] | Helped her get the job as a greeter. | 是我介绍她去当接待的 |
[09:10] | Quit ’cause I couldn’t stand it anymore. | 我辞职是因为实在受不了 |
[09:13] | Bunch of sexist sharks. | 全是一帮男性至上主义者 |
[09:17] | No idea why she wanted to swim in that tank. | 搞不懂她为什么愿意留在那里干 |
[09:20] | (Devo’s “Whip It” playing) | |
[09:26] | Steed Motors. | Steed经销店 |
[09:28] | I’ll transfer you to Service.Hold. | 我帮你转到客服部 稍候 |
[09:29] | Hi,Mommy. | 嗨 妈咪 |
[09:30] | Aw,geez,Paula,I totally forgot. | 老天 Paula 我完全忘了 |
[09:33] | Hi,boo! | 嗨 甜心! |
[09:34] | I gotta run,Donna. I told you I got a date tonight. | 我得走了 Donna 我说过我今晚有约 |
[09:36] | Yeah,I just gotta close out. | 是的 我马上就能收工了 |
[09:38] | Just a few things. | 还有点事就完了 |
[09:39] | Donna,hold all my calls,will ya,doll? | Donna 替我挡住所有电话 好吗 美女? |
[09:42] | Clear my next appointment. | 取消我下个约会 |
[09:43] | Tell Mickey the fleet sales can wait. | 告诉Mickey 大客户经理们都先等着 |
[09:45] | I want to make sure we get Mr.Callahan here all squared away tonight. | 我要让Callahan先生受到顶级待遇 |
[09:49] | Certainly,sir. | 没问题 先生 |
[09:50] | Now,George,if I can get him to throw in the floor mats with the rustproofing,do we have a deal? | George 如果免费奉送防绣脚垫 我们能成交吗? |
[09:56] | Come on,Frank.I stole that guy’s trade-in. | 拜托 Frank 我抢了那家伙的生意 |
[09:59] | The deal should have been two-pounder,easy. | 这笔交易能轻易赚到双倍 |
[10:00] | Would you lower your voice,please? | 拜托你能不能小声点? |
[10:02] | You got a problem,take it up with Mickey. | 你有问题直接去找Mickey说 |
[10:03] | Please,sir,wait.Sir,please. | 先生 请你等等 等等 |
[10:07] | Someone has misplaced Mr.Hathaway’s keys to the Chevy Nova. | 有人拿错了Hathaway先生的 雪佛莱神枪手的钥匙 |
[10:11] | I’ll get right on that,Sanil. | 我马上搞定 Sanil |
[10:12] | Perhaps Mr.Hathaway would like to take one of our vehicles home tonight,huh? | 也许Hathaway先生今晚想把 我们的车子开回家 对吧? |
[10:17] | Tell you what,sir. | 听我说 先生 |
[10:18] | Take the car home. | 把车子开回家 |
[10:19] | – Bring it back tomorrow,huh? – Donna. | – 明早再开回来 如何? |
[10:20] | – Yeah. – Stay late tonight? | – 在 – 今晚加班? |
[10:22] | Yeah,you know,about that Mickey,I’ve been busting my hump around here. | Mickey 我已经拼命干活了 |
[10:25] | – We all appreciate your hump,babe. – yeah | – 我们深表感谢 宝贝 – 是嘛 |
[10:27] | Just give me a chance,all right?Let me sell a car. | 给我一次机会好吗? 让我卖一辆车子 |
[10:30] | Who’s gonna do your job,sweetheart,hmm? | 那你的工作谁来干 甜心? |
[10:32] | You know that Lincoln Mark trade that came in yesterday? | 知道昨天送来的那批林肯Mark车吗? |
[10:34] | I know someone right now I could flip it to. | 我认识个人可以向他推销 |
[10:36] | All right,we’ll see. | 好吧 我考虑下 |
[10:38] | What about tonight? | 那今晚怎么办? |
[10:42] | Hey,you want your shot? | 嘿 你不是要机会吗? |
[10:44] | Pay your dues.Pay your dues. | 做点实事看看 做点实事 |
[10:48] | I gotta stay late. | 我今晚得加班 |
[10:50] | Can you drop Marisa off at my mom’s,please? | 能不能帮我送Marisa去我妈家 拜托? |
[10:52] | All right,all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[10:54] | Bye,baby. | 再见了 宝贝 |
[10:59] | Single mom,no degree,what are you gonna do? | 单亲妈妈 没有学历 你还能干什么? |
[11:01] | We found Donna’s body in the trunk of a ’73 Eldorado. | 我们在一辆73款爱都车的后备箱 发现了Donna的尸体 |
[11:05] | You know anybody who drove that kind of car? | 你认识开这种车的人吗? |
[11:07] | No,but I wouldn’t know a K-car from a Carolla. | 没有 但我连小型车和丰田卡罗拉都分不清 |
[11:11] | That was Donna’s thing. | Donna对这个很在行 |
[11:12] | She could tell the car a guy drove by the shoes he wore. | 她可以从一个人穿的鞋子 猜出他开什么样的车 |
[11:16] | Lot of late nights at the dealer? | 她经常要加班到很晚? |
[11:18] | Maybe too many. | 次数太多了 |
[11:19] | I know it was really hard on little Marisa. | 我知道这让小Marisa很难过 |
[11:24] | But her mom did the best that she could. | 但她妈妈已经尽了最大努力 |
[11:33] | Boss,Auto Squad found a VIN number on that Eldorado. | 头 车辆组在那辆爱都上找到了识别码 |
[11:37] | Tracked the DMV records on the owner. | 我们在车管局查到了他的主人 |
[11:40] | Marshall Brooks.We got him? | Marshall Brooks 找到他了吗? |
[11:41] | He died a couple years ago but he traded in the Caddy to Steed Motors the week before Donna disappeared. | 他几年前死了 但Donna失踪前1周 他把车子卖给了Steed汽车经销店 |
[11:48] | What’s was the name of that sales manager who gave a statement back in ’81? | 当时录口供的销售经理叫什么名字? |
[11:51] | It was Mickey Thompson,today the proud owner of Steed Motors. | 叫Mickey Thompson 现在是Steed经销店的老板 |
[12:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:07] | You boys let me know when the Philly PD is ready to upgrade. | 费城警局啥时换车 你们记得知会我 |
[12:10] | I’ll get you into something with real punch. | 我要介绍你们一批正货 |
[12:12] | New Charger,0 to 60 in five seconds. | 马力十足 从0到60码只需5秒 |
[12:14] | Volume deal,below invoice. | 按批发价 比发票价还低 |
[12:17] | Brass gets the new cars. | 上头的官僚早就买好新车了 |
[12:19] | We drive the beaters till the wheels fall off. | 而我们的车不开到车轮掉下来 是不会换新车的 |
[12:22] | Personally,I prefer the American classics like the ’73 Eldorado we found Donna D’Amico’s body in. | 我个人还是喜欢美国经典车 比如说装Donna D’Amico尸骸的73款爱都车 |
[12:29] | That’s a shame. | 太可惜了 |
[12:30] | That gal was a real pistol. | 那姑娘是个好手 |
[12:32] | – You gave a statement: said she left work at 7:00 that night. – Sounds right. | – 当时你是这么说的 她当晚7点下班 – 没错 |
[12:37] | Failed to mention it was in the trunk of the Caddy headed for the salvage yard. | 却没提尸骸放在正运往废车场的爱都车里 |
[12:40] | Title traced back to this lot when you were sales manager,Mickey. | 按日期追溯 正是你当销售经理 Mickey |
[12:43] | Lot of cars come through,guys. | 伙计们 我们经手很多车辆 |
[12:45] | The beaters come in one door and out the next.Sold off for parts. | 旧车都是左手进右手出 低价卖部件也有 |
[12:47] | But before or after you stripped the VIN number? | 卖的时候车辆识别号码拿掉了吗? |
[12:49] | Hey,hold your horses. | 嘿 别想太多 |
[12:51] | Now,who’s the owner that traded that car in? | 那车是谁拿来抵价的? |
[12:54] | Marshall Brooks. | |
[12:56] | No,I don’t remember the car,but I remember him. | 我不记得这辆车 但我记得这个人 |
[12:59] | Repeat customer.One of Bruce’s clients. | 老客户了 Bruce的客户之一 |
[13:01] | – Bruce? – Bruce Donnelly. | |
[13:03] | Must have taken the Caddy off trade. | 就是他用卡迪拉克来抵价的 |
[13:06] | Lot of cash slipped away on used cars back then. | 用旧车抵价会亏很多的 |
[13:09] | Saying this guy dumped the Caddy? | 就是说这个人想扔掉这辆卡迪拉克 |
[13:10] | Well,if it was a clunker,he could have had it stripped for parts and sent to salvage. | 要是辆老爷车 他会拆下部件 然后送去废车场 |
[13:14] | And this Bruce had a problem with Donna? | Bruce跟Donna有什么过节吗? |
[13:16] | Not when she was getting him coffee. | Donna做文员的时候没有 |
[13:18] | Donna was a go-getter. | Donna是个非常能干的人 |
[13:20] | Hey,you want to play with the boys,you gotta roll with the punches. | 不过 要跟男人一起共事 你就得学会如何应对困难 |
[13:25] | (Blue Oyster Cult’s “Burnin’ For You” playing) | |
[13:28] | Yo,Donna. | 喂 Donna |
[13:31] | I just talked to the Tower. | 我刚刚跟Tower谈过了 |
[13:32] | He sees you’ve been working your tail off. | 他看你整天忙得屁颠颠的 |
[13:34] | I told him you could have the next up. | 我跟他说了下一个你上 |
[13:36] | Come on.Mickey went for that? | 别闹了 Mickey同意吗? |
[13:37] | Yo,Mickey. | 喂 Mickey |
[13:39] | Yeah,give it to the green pea. | 同意 就给这小菜鸟个机会吧 |
[13:41] | Guy’s looking for his daughter. | 那家伙正在帮他女儿看车 |
[13:43] | I sold him a car two years ago. | 两年前我卖了他辆车 |
[13:44] | He’s a whale. | 他就是个冤大头 |
[13:46] | I thought Sanil had next up. | 我以为该Sanil上了 |
[13:48] | Sanil couldn’t close a door with two hands and an arm. | Sanil搞不定的 |
[13:50] | Look,you work this right,this could be worth a pound or maybe two. | 听着 要是做得好 你就有机会了 |
[13:54] | I know everything about that car,inside out. | 我很了解那辆车 里里外外都清楚 |
[13:57] | Get him on the hook. | 搞定他吧 |
[13:58] | You tell him to follow yoinside.Don’t even turn around,all right? | 告诉他跟你进去 别回头 好吗? |
[14:02] | Go on.Go make me proud. | 去吧 让我为你骄傲 |
[14:06] | Thanks,Bruce. | 谢谢你 Bruce |
[14:10] | Show time. | 演出开始了 |
[14:14] | Come inside? | 要进来吗? |
[14:17] | So the guy wants to know if we’ll take a check,full amount. | 他想知道我们收不收支票 全额的 |
[14:20] | Damn!I knew that guy was a laydown. | 他妈的! 我就知道这家伙就是个老顽固 |
[14:22] | How about that?Didn’t even have to get him in the box. | 这算什么? 都没能说服他上车 |
[14:24] | That’s gotta be some kind of a record,writing the check on the hood of a car. | 这也算某种记录了 在引擎盖上写支票 |
[14:27] | Don’t I still have to get him inside? | 我还需要让他进去吗? |
[14:29] | Sign paperwork? | 签协议什么的? |
[14:30] | Yeah,why don’t you get him to wallpaper the showroom with his checks while you’re at it? | 你干嘛不带他进去 在陈列室墙上写满支票? |
[14:34] | I thought Bruce sold him a car. | 我以为Bruce卖过他车 |
[14:35] | Every schmuck on the lot sold that flake a car. | 过去五年的每一个月 |
[14:37] | Every month for the past five years. | 在场的每一个人都卖过他车 |
[14:39] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们到底在说什么? |
[14:40] | The guys a major hoople.He just likes talking to car salesmen. | 那家伙是个榆木脑袋 他不过喜欢跟汽车销售员说话而已 |
[14:48] | Oh,you think that’s funny,Bruce? | 你觉得很好笑是吧 Bruce? |
[14:50] | Oh,you can’t handle it,why don’t you go back inside and answer the phone,sweetheart? | 你做不来的 还是乖乖进去接电话吧 宝贝 |
[14:53] | All right. | 好 |
[14:54] | I think I’ll call your wife first,tell her about all the female customers you’ve been test-driving,huh? | 我先给你老婆打电话 告诉她 你跟那些试车女客户间的事 好吗? |
[14:59] | – You wouldn’t dare. – Wouldn’t I? | – 你不敢 – 我不敢? |
[15:09] | Salesman should never mess where he eats. | 销售员不能吃窝边草 |
[15:11] | Especially with the lady who transfers his calls. | 更何况是帮他转电话的女孩 |
[15:14] | Bruce and Donna had a thing? | Bruce和Donna有一腿? |
[15:15] | Thing or fling.Bruce was a dog. | 反正有点儿什么 Bruce就是个花花公子 |
[15:17] | He always had women calling the office. | 他总让那些女人打电话到办公室 |
[15:19] | Donna ever get to tell on his wife? | Donna告诉他老婆了吗? |
[15:21] | All I know is that he took two weeks after she disappeared. | 我只知道 Donna失踪后 Bruce请了两个礼拜假 |
[15:25] | Bruce was a closer.He never took a vacation. | Bruce很拼的 他从来不休假 |
[15:27] | You never told the cops? | 你没有告诉警察? |
[15:28] | He was still married.And at the time,my top salesman. | 他又没离婚 而且那个时候 他是我最好的销售员 |
[15:32] | Is he still selling cars? | 他还在卖汽车吗? |
[15:33] | Last I heard,up the street. | 上次我听说 |
[15:35] | German luxury sedans,so screw him. | 他在做德国豪华轿车 发达了 |
[15:47] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:51] | Do you have an appointment? | 你们有预约吗? |
[15:52] | Don’t need one,Bruce. | 我们不需要预约 Bruce |
[15:53] | Excuse me. | 真抱歉 |
[15:55] | I thought you were customers. | 我还以为你们是客户呢 |
[15:56] | – We can tell. – Here about a car. | – 能想象到 – 我们来调查辆车 |
[15:59] | Remember this one? | 还记得这辆吗? |
[16:00] | ’73 Eldorado? | 73年卡迪拉克爱都车? |
[16:02] | Can’t say I do. | 不记得了 |
[16:03] | You took it as a trade-in from Marshall Brooks back when you worked at Steed Motors. | Marshall Brooks拿来抵价的 那会儿你还在Steed经销店上班 |
[16:08] | Long time ago.Maybe I did. | 很久以前的事了 也许吧 |
[16:10] | We found Donna D’Amico’s body stuffed in the trunk. | 我们在车里发现了Donna D’Amico的尸骸 |
[16:13] | Greeter girl you had a thing with before she disappeared? | 就是失踪前跟你有暧昧的前台女孩 |
[16:16] | I knew Donna.But we definitely didn’t have a thing. | 我知道Donna 但我们之间确实没有什么 |
[16:19] | Your old boss,Mickey,says different. | 你以前的老板 Mickey可不是这么说的 |
[16:22] | Then he’s mistaken. | 那就是他搞错了 |
[16:24] | He’s also a jealous schmuck. | 他还是一个小肚鸡肠的笨蛋 |
[16:26] | Nothing more than a piker. | 他就是一个胆小鬼 |
[16:28] | You can tell him I said that. | 你们尽管告诉他 就说是我说的 |
[16:29] | Told us you were the last one to handle that Cadillac. | 他说你最后一个经手这辆卡迪拉克 |
[16:32] | That’s a crock.Look,I sold cars. | 那纯粹胡说八道 我只管卖车 |
[16:34] | I didn’t process trade-ins. | 我不经手拿来抵价的旧车 |
[16:36] | And I had no problem with Donna. | 而且我跟Donna一点摩擦都没有 |
[16:38] | Way we heard it,she screwed up your marriage pretty good. | 我们听到的说法是 她把你的婚姻搞得乱七八糟 |
[16:41] | I screwed up my marriage. | 是我搞糟了我自己的婚姻 |
[16:43] | All four of ’em.Didn’t need any help with that. | 他们四个 一点都没有帮忙 |
[16:45] | Truth is,I tried to help Donna. | 事实上 我尽力去帮Donna了 |
[16:47] | Nobody was moving American back then; gas prices,the economy in the toilet. | 那时没有谁来激励美国人 油价 经济危机 |
[16:52] | But she saw something none of the other jokers on the line did. | 但她却从中发现了那里没人看到的东西 |
[16:56] | (The Pretenders’ “Brass in Pocket” playing) | |
[17:02] | Come on.The guy’s a tire-kicker.Look at him. | 又来了 那家伙就会找麻烦 你看看他 |
[17:05] | What?’Cause he’s a Puerto Rican? | 为什么? 就因为他是波多黎各人? |
[17:07] | He won’t even come inside. | 他压根儿不会进来 |
[17:08] | He hates all the new models. | 他讨厌所有的新款车 |
[17:09] | Deadbeat.Yeah,it’s a waste of time. | 游手好闲的 跟他谈纯粹浪费时间 |
[17:11] | Well,get rid of him before Mickey sees. | 在Mickey看见前赶紧打发他走 |
[17:13] | He’s on the warpath today. | 今天他忙着呢 |
[17:14] | Just let the parts manager go this morning. | 把零部件经理解雇了 |
[17:17] | Your kidding.Why? | 你开玩笑吧 为什么? |
[17:18] | Because the parts keep disappearing,that’s why. | 因为零部件总是丢 这就是原因 |
[17:20] | Blaming him for the break-in last month? | 因为上个月的入室盗窃苛责他? |
[17:22] | Hey,just get the chiseler off the lot,all right? | 嘿 别乱说了 |
[17:24] | Mickey called. | Mickey叫你 |
[17:27] | Actually,Donna,you’re up. | Donna 你上吧 |
[17:29] | For real. | 这次是真的 |
[17:31] | Mickey said you can’t do any worse than Sanil. | Mickey说你怎么也差不过Sanil去 |
[17:35] | This is no place for a lady. | 这里没有女人的位置 |
[17:42] | You like that car,sir? | 先生 您喜欢那辆车? |
[17:44] | I don’t know about these K-cars. | 我不了解这些小车型 |
[17:46] | It’s a lot of money for all that plastic. | 花那么多钱买一堆塑料 当时日本车的部件很多用塑料材质 以降低成本 |
[17:49] | What’s this leatherette thing? | 这些皮革制品是什么玩意儿? |
[17:50] | I can’t say that I blame you. | 我不能怪你不知道 |
[17:53] | Let me show you something else. | 我带你看看其他的 |
[17:56] | cause I See,I,myself, | 因为我了解 |
[17:58] | I prefer a car with a little more meat on its bones,you know what I mean? | 我自己也喜欢物有所值的车 你懂我的意思吧? |
[18:03] | – This is a used car. – And it’s priced right. | – 这可是辆二手车 – 但性价比很高 |
[18:06] | I mean,forget those little four-bangers. | 我说 别管那些小破车了 |
[18:08] | What I like is a big V-8. | 我想要的是一辆大的V-8(发动机) |
[18:11] | Some real power under the hood. | 引擎十分强劲 |
[18:14] | It’s a big car. | 车太大了 |
[18:15] | You look like the kind of man that can handle it. | 您一看就是能驾驭得了的人 |
[18:17] | I mean,look at these lines. | 我是说 看看这些线条 |
[18:20] | That is real leather inside. | 里面全是真皮的 |
[18:22] | Power everything. | 一切都很拉风 |
[18:24] | Curves and chrome. | 线条优美 镀铬装饰 |
[18:26] | I mean,I think I lost my virginity in the back of one of these babies,you know? | 我真想在这样的车后座上做爱 |
[18:32] | I’m Donna. | 我叫Donna |
[18:33] | Esteban. | |
[18:35] | You want to talk price? | 想了解一下价格吗? |
[18:36] | Follow me. | 跟我来吧 |
[18:49] | She sold that sled for a pound over Blue Book. | 她以高于蓝皮书的价格卖给了那个胖子 (指<凯利蓝皮书旧车指南>) |
[18:52] | Nobody was moving the used stuff back then. | 那时没人能推销二手车 |
[18:54] | And she was smart. | 她很聪明 |
[18:56] | Those American cars are classics now. | 那些美国车现在都是经典车了 |
[18:58] | Nothing after 1980 is. | 1980年后就再也没有那种经典车了 |
[18:59] | That break-in you mentioned. | 你提到的入室盗窃 |
[19:01] | – Anybody ever find out who did it? – Nope. | – 有谁查出来谁干的? – 没有 |
[19:03] | – Cops interviewed everybody. – Inside job? | – 警察盘问了每一个人 – 是内鬼干的? |
[19:06] | That car lot,everybody was working some kind of scam. | 那家经销店里 每个人都干点 见不得人的私活 |
[19:13] | I dug up the old burglary report. | 我找到了以前的入室盗窃案记录 |
[19:15] | The break-in happened a month prior to Donna’s disappearance. | 案件发生在Donna失踪前一个月 |
[19:19] | They killed the guard dogs? | 他们杀掉了守门的狗? |
[19:21] | Yeah.Threw poisoned meat over the fence. | 是啊 从栅栏中间把浸了毒的肉丢进去 |
[19:22] | Stole two-grand-worth of parts. | 偷了价值2000美元的零部件 |
[19:25] | – Insurance cover it? – Yeah. | – 保险理赔吗? – 赔了 |
[19:26] | The lock on the gate wasn’t even broken. | 门锁没有被破坏 |
[19:28] | Trying to track down the insurance investigator. | 找找当时保险公司的调查员 |
[19:30] | Inside job,Donna could have got caught up in the mix somehow. | 内鬼 Donna也许会牵涉进去 |
[19:34] | Well,whoever did it had to know where to flip stolen auto parts. | 不管是谁偷的汽车部件 他都知道上哪去卖赃物 |
[19:37] | The salesman,Oscar Anderson,called in the burglary. | 有个销售员 叫Oscar Anderson 他打电话报的警 |
[19:40] | And was questioned extensively. | 被重点盘问了 |
[19:42] | Well,history’s about to repeat itself. | 历史总在重演 |
[19:43] | QD recovered the address on the Lester receipt in Donna’s jacket. | 鉴证科还原了Donna夹克里写有Lester的 收据上的地址 |
[19:47] | Receipt? | 收据? |
[19:50] | – A business address? – 482 Ridge Avenue. | – 是个公司地址? – Ridge大道482号 |
[19:53] | Today,it’s a Wawa.But back in ’81,it was a Goodwill. | 现在是家便利店 但81年时还是卖廉价旧衣的店 |
[19:57] | Marisa D’Amico came by,dropped that off. | Marisa D’Amico来过 丢下那堆东西就走了 |
[19:59] | Said you asked for it. | 说你要的 |
[20:01] | Personal effects from her mother. | 她妈妈的私人物品 |
[20:04] | I guess she thinks about her more than she let on. | 我猜 她还是很想她妈妈的 |
[20:09] | Now,all you would need to do to collect your luxury spa vacation getaway prize,Mrs.Hanover, | Hanover夫人 你只要参加我们在 拉斯维加斯举办的演示会… |
[20:14] | Is attend a brief presentation upon your arrival at our Las Vegas resort. | 就能获取豪华SPA之旅的大奖 |
[20:18] | Thank you. | 感谢来电 |
[20:20] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[20:26] | Once a salesman,always a salesman,huh,Oscar? | 一日为销售 终身做销售? Oscar |
[20:28] | Oh,I just do this to keep me young. | 我不过是想保持年轻罢了 |
[20:30] | There’s nothing quite like the rush from a good sale. | 没有比一个优秀销售更棒的感觉了 |
[20:32] | You remember Donna D’Amico? | 你还记得Donna D’Amico吗? |
[20:35] | I remember the day the police came,said she’d gone missing. | 我记得那天 警察来说她失踪了 |
[20:38] | Yup. | 是啊 |
[20:40] | Left that little girl behind. | 留下一个小女儿 |
[20:42] | – It’s just awful. – You see her the night before? | – 太惨了 – 那晚你见到她了吗? |
[20:45] | No,I had a big day on the board. | 没有 那天是我一个很重要的日子 |
[20:48] | Took the boys out for drinks. | 我带了同事们去喝酒 |
[20:49] | There was a burglary earlier that month.You called it in? | 那之前1个月 发生了一起入室盗窃案 你报的警? |
[20:52] | I was first one on the lot.Had to prep a car for a customer. | 那天我是第一个到的 要给一个客户准备车 |
[20:55] | – You think Donna was involved? – Do you? | – 你们认为Donna牵涉其中? – 你认为呢? |
[20:58] | Well,I know people were desperate. | 我知道人们当时都绝望沮丧 |
[21:00] | You see,after the oil crisis,we were selling an inferior product. | 石油危机过后 我们都在卖那种劣质车 |
[21:05] | Hell,the government had to bail out Chrysler. | 政府不得不出手帮助克莱斯勒公司 (使其免遭破产) |
[21:07] | What does that got to do with Donna? | 这跟Donna有什么关系? |
[21:09] | A lot of guys were struggling just to feed their families,and then Mickey lets this lady start selling cars. | 很多人打破头要养家糊口 而当时 Mickey开始让这个女人卖汽车 |
[21:15] | Created some resentment. | 引发了其他人的不满 |
[21:17] | The day she went on the board,the timing could not have been worse. | 她上任的那一天 时机再差不过了 |
[21:20] | Gotta squeeze more out of every deal. | 尽可能从每笔交易中榨取更多回报 |
[21:22] | Get ’em in the box. | 让他们去试车 |
[21:24] | Work the four square: Price,down payment,monthly,trade-in. | 工作四大核心: 价格 优惠 按揭 抵价 |
[21:30] | And you hammer away. | 你们要潜心研究 |
[21:31] | Start high,you wear ’em down. | 开始时高调些 说得他们晕乎乎的 |
[21:34] | You confuse them! | 忽悠他们! |
[21:35] | When they’re ready to give up,you call in a closer. | 他们一旦放弃抵抗 你就大功告成 |
[21:38] | It’s not working,Mickey. | 根本没用 Mickey |
[21:39] | – They don’t like the cars. – What’d you say? | – 他们不喜欢这些车 – 你说什么? |
[21:42] | He means they can’t trust us when they don’t trust the product. | 他是说 如果他们不相信产品 他们就不会相信我们 |
[21:46] | I-I took a guy on a test drive. | 我 我带个客户去试车 |
[21:49] | I cranked up the window,and the handle broke. | 我一开车窗 把手就掉了 |
[21:51] | You want to sell?They you do whatever it takes! | 你想做销售吗? 那就要做销售该做的一切事! |
[21:55] | Cold canvass! | 地毯式访问! |
[21:57] | Work the phones! | 不停打电话推销! |
[21:59] | No shown appointments,no more ups. | 再卖不出去就卷铺盖滚蛋 |
[22:00] | – I’m trying,Mickey. – No. | – 我很努力了 Mickey – 没有 |
[22:01] | No,what you’re doing is that you’re failing,my friend,okay?! | 没有 你所做的一切就是不停失败 我的朋友! |
[22:06] | I mean,the coffee girl could sell cars better than you! | 我说 那个前台女孩卖车都比你厉害! |
[22:08] | ah,because you let her take my last up! | 那还不是因为你让她顶了我的机会! |
[22:11] | – I didn’t take anything. – Shut your mouth,woman. | – 我可没有抢你客人 – 闭嘴 你个贱人 |
[22:13] | Haven’t you done enough already? | 你不觉得自己太过分了吗 |
[22:14] | I only closed that deal ’cause you couldn’t. | 你自己没能耐 所以我才能搞定客户 |
[22:16] | You couldn’t close a window,Hoover. | 你连扇车窗都搞不定 Hoover |
[22:19] | I’ve carried you long enough.You know what? | 我忍你够久了 这样吧 |
[22:21] | Why don’t you,why don’t you try selling vacuum cleaners? | 你还是去卖吸尘机比较好点 |
[22:24] | (Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust” playing) | |
[22:28] | Mickey,Mickey… please… | Mickey Mickey 求求你 |
[22:33] | I need this job. | 我很需要这份工作 |
[22:36] | Now you need a new one. | 现在你需要一份新工作 |
[22:38] | Why are you still here? | 怎么还赖在这 |
[22:39] | Go on,hit the bricks. | 赶快 收拾去 |
[22:47] | I told her not to worry. | 我让她不用担心 |
[22:49] | It wasn’t her fault. | 那不是她的错 |
[22:50] | – But Sanil felt otherwise? – I guess I never thought he’d hurt her. | – 但Sanil不这么认为 – 我从未想过他会伤害她 |
[22:53] | So Donna got promoted,Sanil got canned. | Donna晋升了 Sanil却被炒了鱿鱼 |
[22:55] | It’s either in the blood or it’s not. | 这个靠天赋 有就有 没有就是没有 |
[22:57] | Some guys just can’t close. | 有些人就是没法搞定交易 |
[23:01] | 1979– I came here with nothing. | 1979年我来到这里 身无分文 |
[23:04] | Tried to sell cars to make a living. | 想要通过卖车养活自己 |
[23:07] | – Chrysler. – Perfect timing. | – 克莱斯勒 – 时机真不错 (该公司当时正濒临破产) |
[23:09] | Nobody wanted to buy American anymore. | 没人想再买美国车 |
[23:13] | Specially from me. | 尤其是从我这里买 |
[23:15] | Donna D’Amico sold cars. | Donna D’Amico的业绩非常不错 |
[23:17] | I understand you had a big problem with that. | 我知道你肯定觉得不爽 |
[23:18] | It wasn’t personal. | 我对事不对人 |
[23:20] | We were all struggling.I realize that now. | 大家都是苦苦挣扎 我现在终于明白了 |
[23:22] | You were humiliated. | 你觉得被羞辱了 |
[23:24] | They fired you and you blamed her. | 他们炒了你 你把责任推到她头上 |
[23:26] | No,I went to night school to learn computers. | 我没有 我到夜校学计算机了 |
[23:30] | Programming.1981… | 学的编程 在1981年… |
[23:33] | Now,that was perfect timing. | 现在看来 那时正是完美的时机 |
[23:34] | You ever see Donna again after they let you go? | 之后还见过Donna吗? |
[23:36] | Day when I came back to get my last check. | 回去领钱那天见过一次 |
[23:40] | I hated that place. | 我恨死那个地方了 |
[23:42] | You didn’t bleed the customer dry,somebody else would do it for you. | 你不吸光顾客的血 自然会有其他人来吸血 |
[23:55] | DEsteban,what are you doing here? | Esteban 有什么事吗 |
[23:57] | I can’t afford the car you sold me. | 我不能买你推荐的车 |
[23:58] | What do you mean?We went over the numbers; it’s a good deal. | 怎么了 我们不是看过价格了 很合算啊 |
[24:00] | But then they called me to come back in. | 但是他们又让我回来一下 |
[24:02] | – Told me there was a problem with my trade-in.- Problem? | – 跟我说抵价交易有点问题 – 有问题? |
[24:05] | The man said it was worth less than what you told me. | 他跟我说车不值这个价 |
[24:07] | That I owe more money. | 而我的钱不够了 |
[24:09] | Who called you?The finance department? | 谁给你打的电话 财务部的? |
[24:11] | With this loan,I can afford to make my payments and make rent. | 这个数字都够首付和租个房子了 |
[24:15] | Please,por favor,could you do something? | 拜托你 帮我看看好吗? |
[24:17] | Yeah,just,uh… | 好的 我… |
[24:20] | just give me a minute,okay? | 稍等一下好吗 |
[24:25] | What is this,Frank? | 这是怎么回事 Frank |
[24:27] | Uh,floor mats,dealer prep fee… 24% on his loan… | 车厢地毯 中介费用 占了总费用的24% |
[24:32] | Hey,I did my job. | 嗨 我只是做好本分 |
[24:33] | Mickey,come on,you got to do something for this guy. | Mickey 你看这个事情怎么解决 |
[24:36] | The bank’s gonna repo his car that he needs to get to his job and it’s going to wreck his credit. | 银行会没收他的车子 影响工作 他的信用也会破产 |
[24:47] | You,uh… you sign for this? | 这是你自己签的吗 |
[24:49] | That your name right there? | 是你自己签名的吧 |
[24:53] | You,uh,looking for a good buy,huh? | 你想买又便宜又好的车是吧 |
[24:57] | Well… “good-bye.” You own it,buddy. | 那么 再见了 这是你自找的 |
[25:04] | Welcome to America. | 欢迎你来美国 |
[25:10] | If they didn’t get you on the front end,F&I got you on the way out. | 就算他们不把你榨光 银行和保险公司也不会让你好过的 |
[25:14] | Donna told him she would never send a customer in to him blind again. | Donna说再也不给他介绍客户了 |
[25:17] | Big profits on used cars. | 二手车的利润很大 |
[25:19] | So Donna started cutting Frank out of the loop? | 所以Donna之后都不给Frank机会了 |
[25:21] | Sure,he figured it out. | 没错 那是他自找的 |
[25:23] | I could think of a lot of names for Frank. | 你可以用很多词来形容Frank |
[25:25] | But “stupid” isn’t one of them. | 但肯定不包括”愚蠢” |
[25:30] | Donna’s compact,baby bracelet from the hospital,phone bills. | Donna的粉盒 手镯 电话账单都在这了 |
[25:36] | It looks like the grandmother swept it into a box after Donna disappeared. | 应该是她妈妈在她失踪后全给堆一起了 |
[25:40] | Kind of sad. | 有点伤感 |
[25:42] | All she has left of her mom. | 她留下的就是这么些东西 |
[25:46] | Christmas card from the dealership. | 从经销店发来的圣诞卡 |
[25:48] | Doesn’t say who sent it,but the address is handwritten. | 不知道是谁送的 不过地址是手写的 |
[25:52] | Nothing else with the name Lester. | 除了署名是Lester外没啥特别的 |
[26:01] | Are Donna’s keys in there? | Donna的钥匙都在这了吗 |
[26:06] | There’s uh… grandmother’s apartment,car… | 她母亲公寓的钥匙 车钥匙 |
[26:14] | and then there’s this one. | 还有这个 |
[26:16] | Kind of looks like it fits one of those old steamer trunks. | 像是老式旅行箱的钥匙 |
[26:32] | Finally found your Lester. | 终于找到Lester了 |
[26:41] | Thanks for bringing that stuff in. | 谢谢你把东西送过来 |
[26:43] | I’m sorry.It’s all I had. | 抱歉 我只能提供这些 |
[26:47] | Your grandmother by any chance own a piano,Marisa? | Marisa你外婆家有钢琴吗 |
[26:51] | A piano? | 钢琴 |
[26:53] | No.Why? | 没有 怎么 |
[26:55] | This is a key to a piano. | 这是钢琴钥匙 |
[26:58] | The one your mother put a down payment on the day before she was murdered. | 在被杀害的那天 你妈刚好缴了首付 |
[27:06] | I don’t get it. | 我不是很明白 |
[27:10] | A Lester piano. | 一架Lester牌钢琴 |
[27:14] | The ason your mom cleaned out her bank account. | 所以她才会提光账户里的钱 |
[27:16] | She bought a piano? | 她买了钢琴? |
[27:25] | She said we didn’t have any room for it. | 她说我们没地方放钢琴 |
[27:28] | She was looking for a new place. | 她正在找新房子 |
[27:30] | I remember her telling me that. | 我记得她跟我说过 |
[27:32] | I just wanted it to be true. | 我多希望那是真的 |
[27:35] | (playing “Chopsticks”) | |
[27:43] | Let’s do it again. | 我们再弹一次吧 |
[27:44] | We can’t,boo. | 不行 宝贝 |
[27:46] | I have to be at work. | 妈妈要去工作了 |
[27:47] | I want a piano– a real one– to play at home. | 我想要钢琴 一架真钢琴 我就可以在家里弹了 |
[27:50] | Well,maybe someday,when we find a place for it. | 会有的 但得等找到地方放才行 |
[27:54] | Grandma doesn’t have enough space. | 外婆那里不够地方 |
[27:56] | And that is another reason why Mommy has to go to work now. | 所以妈妈现在更加得去工作了 |
[27:59] | I don’t like it when you got to work. | 我不喜欢你去工作 |
[28:02] | I don’t either,you know,but everybody’s got a job they got to do. | 我也不喜欢去工作 但你要知道 每个人都得工作 |
[28:05] | Do you like your job,Mommy? | 你喜欢自己的工作吗 妈妈 |
[28:07] | I like that I found something that I’m good at. | 我很高兴终于找到自己擅长的事情 |
[28:10] | You know,it’s real important in life that you find something that you’re good at. | 你要记住 找到自己擅长的事情 |
[28:20] | She always had to go away. | 她每天都要离开我 |
[28:23] | I used to think she went to work… | 我以为她去工作… |
[28:26] | to get away from me. | 是想要离开我 |
[28:32] | I know what it’s like to have a parent walk out on you as a kid,Marisa. | Marisa 我很理解小时候 父母忙于工作的感觉 |
[28:38] | But that’s not what your mother did. | 不过你妈不是要离开你 |
[28:41] | Now,I’m going to find out whoever took her away from you. | 我们要找出是谁把她从你身边夺走 |
[28:49] | I was in mortgages until the sub prime thing blew up. | 次贷危机爆发的时候我正欠债 |
[28:52] | Never thought I’d find another business that would tank as bad as American cars,but I did. | 从来没想过会找到份跟美国汽车 一样糟糕的工作 竟然还真找到了 |
[28:56] | Cars,caskets– still dinging them on the way out,huh,Frank? | 汽车 破产 还在到处跟人说这个Frank? |
[29:00] | Your line of work– Should the bereaved ever need a referral. | 你的工作 总比卖汽车要好多了吧 |
[29:04] | You were the numbers guy at Steed Motors back in the ’80s? | 80年代你是Steed经销店数得上号的销售吧 |
[29:07] | The numbers stunk.That’s why I got out. | 臭名昭著 所以我辞职了 |
[29:09] | See,and we thought it was ’cause of that burglary in ’81. | 我们还以为是因为81年的偷盗事件呢 |
[29:12] | You saying I robbed the place? | 你意思是我干的? |
[29:14] | Well,probably made the boss money on that insurance claim– win-win. | 老板可以获得保险公司的赔偿 这是个双赢交易 |
[29:17] | Donna figure it out,too? | Donna也发现了是吧 |
[29:18] | All those calls of yours she transferred? | 因为她帮你转了那么多电话? |
[29:20] | That what this is about– Donna D’Amico? | 这才是你们想问的吧 Donna D’Amico? |
[29:22] | She cut you out.Kept you from screwing the customers on the back end. | 她阻止你 不让你继续愚弄你的客户 |
[29:25] | She didn’t get it. | 她没有抢 |
[29:26] | Customers have all the power. | 客户有选择权 |
[29:28] | They can leave any time. | 他们随时可以甩手走人 |
[29:29] | – Our job was no different than yours. – Come again? | – 我们的工作其实差不多 – 怎么说 |
[29:32] | Get ’em in the box,get as much as you can,get ’em to sign before they walk out the door. | 迷惑他们 尽可能获利 在他们走之前让他们签字 |
[29:37] | I look like a salesman to you,Frank? | 你觉得我像个销售员 Frank? |
[29:38] | You do what you have to do. | 你只是完成任务而已 |
[29:41] | Befriend,persuade,control,lie. | 攀交情 说服他们 控制他们 欺骗他们 |
[29:45] | But once they sign,they’re going to pay for it for years. | 只要他们签字 就将在监狱里度过漫长岁月 |
[29:48] | Donna got it,Frank. | Donna明白的 Frank |
[29:50] | She just did it her way. | 她只是采用自己的方式 |
[29:51] | It just turned out to be bad for your business. | 却对你的业绩产生了影响 |
[29:53] | Donna figured out how the real money was made on the lot. | Donna发现了真正的利润怎么来的 |
[29:56] | And that put her in direct conflict with someone a lot more dangerous than me. | 这让她跟人产生了直接冲突 这个人的危险度比我高了去了 |
[30:04] | Who the hell do you think you are? | 你以为自己是什么人 |
[30:05] | Telling customers not to buy add-ons or financing. | 让顾客不要买附加品或举债买车 |
[30:08] | Why,so you can rape my customers on the back end,Frank? | 怎么 你想偷偷愚弄我的客户 Frank? |
[30:10] | FRANK: You don’t know when to quit. | 你就是不知道什么时候该放手 |
[30:12] | Hey,she’s right,Frank. | 她没错 Frank |
[30:14] | All you young sharks are destroying our business. | 你们这些贪婪的年轻人 把生意都给毁了 |
[30:16] | You rip a customer’s head off on a deal,they never come back. | 你一次把客户的血吸光 他们就再也不会回来光顾 |
[30:19] | Stay out of this,Oscar. | 不管你事 Oscar |
[30:20] | Kills all our referrals,all our repeat business. | 你这是杀鸡取卵 断了所有的回头客 |
[30:22] | You don’t sell a man one car. | 你不是只卖他一辆车 |
[30:24] | You sell him a dozen cars over a lifetime. | 你要卖给他一辈子用的好几辆车 |
[30:26] | That’s a profession,damn it. | 这才是专业的做法 |
[30:28] | Go blow a sale,you old bag of wind. | 自己先卖辆车看看 你个老不死的 |
[30:33] | Why would I help you,Frank? | Frank 你怎么能指望我帮你 |
[30:35] | You’re selling cars out from under me. | 你背着我偷偷卖车 |
[30:37] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[30:38] | I had a guy on the hook the other day,selling a ’72 Chevelle– only to find out it had already been sold. | 我有个客人要买72款雪弗兰 却发现那辆车早就被卖了 |
[30:44] | That wasn’t my call.That car was promised to the wholesaler. | 不关我事 那是留给批发商的 |
[30:47] | For a song.I know the Blue Book on that car. | 说谎先打打草稿吧 我清楚蓝皮书对那车的介绍 |
[30:49] | I could have sold it for twice that. | 我可以双倍价钱卖出去 |
[30:51] | Talk to the Tower. | 去跟上头说 |
[30:52] | Who,Mickey? | 跟谁 Mickey? |
[30:54] | Why would we dump a good car for that much less? | 为什么这么便宜把一部好车处理掉 |
[30:57] | If you know what’s good for you,lady,you talk to your boss before selling another used car. | 我劝你卖二手车前先跟老板说一下 这才是你应该做的 |
[31:05] | Donna figured out the sales manager was giving the best trade-ins to the wholesaler for peanuts. | Donna发现销售经理把利润最高的车 超低价卖给了批发商 |
[31:10] | Mickey?Why would he do that? | Mickey? 他为什么要那么做 |
[31:12] | Kickbacks.He was lining his pockets. | 回扣 他中饱私囊 |
[31:14] | Screwing over the dealership owner,and Donna knew it. | 欺骗经销店老板 被Donna发现了 |
[31:16] | But you signed her timecard. | 但她的卡是你打的 |
[31:18] | Said Donna left at 7:00 that night. | 说当天Donna是7点离开的 |
[31:20] | Mickey had me do that for everybody. | Mickey让我为所有人都这么干 |
[31:23] | I closed a deal that night. | 当晚我完成了一份交易 |
[31:25] | She was there at least till 10:00. | 她在那至少待到了10点 |
[31:26] | He had you take care of that old Cadillac too,Frank? | 他让你处理那部老凯迪拉克是吗? |
[31:29] | Me?No. | 我? 不是 |
[31:30] | Mickey decided what happened to every trade-in. | 所有的二手车最后都由Mickey拍板 |
[31:32] | Whether it went to the lot,wholesaler… or the salvage yard. | 卖给客户 给批发商 或送去废车场 |
[31:44] | – Got me in the box,Detective? – Yep. | – 怀疑我了 警探? – 没错 |
[31:47] | Well,I’ve done this to thousands of customers. | 我一直都是这么做生意的 |
[31:51] | Unlike those schmucks,I know I can walk anytime. | 不像那些笨蛋 我知道我现在 随时都能走人 |
[31:54] | Yeah,you made quite a ving ripping people off. | 没错 宰人你还真是有一套 |
[31:56] | People always think they’re getting ripped off. | 人们总是以为自己被宰了 |
[31:58] | Look,you’re trying to get the best deal– I’m trying to make a living. | 你们想要物美价廉 我不过是想混口饭吃 |
[32:00] | I just don’t like to lose. | 我可不想当输家 |
[32:02] | Talking about you ripping off your boss– the dealership owner. | 你连老板也敢宰 车行老板 |
[32:06] | – Stole so much you became one yourself. – Bunch of twaddle. | – 宰够了然后自己当老板 – 那是废话 |
[32:09] | The smart owner knows every guy on the lot is working some kind of scam. | 聪明的老板当然知道 有哪个属下不打小算盘的 |
[32:12] | Too bad Donna figured out your big used car scam. | 你的二手车小算盘 不幸被Donna给发现了 |
[32:15] | She didn’t leave at 7:00 like you said. | 她并不像你之前所说7点就离开了 |
[32:17] | She stuck around to confront you. | 她留下来跟你交涉 |
[32:19] | – You got nothing.- One of your old lackeys clued us in as to how you worked the break-in, | – 你什么证据也没有 – 你手下交代了你如何炮制盗窃案 |
[32:24] | the inside job,insurance fraud. | 都是内鬼干的 保险欺诈之类 |
[32:26] | Sounds like I need better lackeys. | 看来我应该换个手下了 |
[32:28] | Willing to testify that you sent that ’73 Caddy to the salvage yard. | 他愿意作证是你把73款凯迪拉克 送去了废车场 |
[32:32] | With Donna’s body in the trunk. | Donna的尸体就在后备箱里 |
[32:37] | The only thing we care about here is the homicide,Mick. | Mick 我们要找的是杀人凶手 |
[32:39] | Who told you this nonsense? | 谁告诉你这些胡说八道的 |
[32:40] | Frank? | |
[32:42] | Let’s see… the price for homicide is life. | 我给你算算 谋杀的后果是终生监禁 |
[32:47] | Plus fees,which… | 额外费用包括 |
[32:49] | you’ll be paying on the inside. | 等你进去了就知道了 |
[32:52] | Now your down payment so far,is zero. | 目前你的首付是0 |
[32:56] | What do you want your monthly payment to be? | 你想月付多少? |
[32:58] | Unless of course,you’re offering a trade-in? | 当然 除非你提供折价物抵扣? |
[33:00] | Do you have anything to trade,Mick? | 你有什么可以交易 Mick? |
[33:03] | Except a bunch of bull? | 除了一大堆假话外? |
[33:05] | See… I’m willing to go to bat for you here,but you gotta give something up. | 瞧…我很愿意为你说好话 但你得放弃点什么 |
[33:09] | You got to… | 你得… |
[33:10] | you got to meet me in the middle.My boss… | 你得配合一下 我的老板… |
[33:13] | he’s gonna hammer me on this one. | 他肯定会紧盯这事不放的 |
[33:18] | So this is your best offer. | 所以这是给你的最好报价了 |
[33:23] | I don’t think it’s gonna get this deal done. | 我认为这还不一定做得成这笔生意 |
[33:28] | I liked Donna. | 我喜欢Donna |
[33:30] | Gotta hand it to her.She was a hell of a salesman… | 对她甘拜下风 她是个天生的销售… |
[33:34] | In some ways,too good. | 从某种角度来说 出色得过份了 |
[33:36] | – At selling cars? – Used cars. | – 卖车方面? – 二手车 |
[33:39] | She had an eye for it,she knew what a car was really worth. | 她独具慧眼 总能判断车的真实价值 |
[33:43] | Like the ones you sent back to the wholesalers for kickbacks? | 像那些你送给批发商拿回扣的车? |
[33:45] | Couldn’t let her kill the golden goose. | 可不能让她扼杀了生财之道 |
[33:47] | So I offered her a deal… | 所以我给她谈笔生意… |
[34:05] | I know what you’re doing,Mickey. | 我知道你在干什么 Mickey |
[34:07] | You know just enough to get yourself in trouble. | 你知道这些只会给自己找麻烦 |
[34:10] | Close the door. | 关门 |
[34:15] | Me?You’re the one stealing this place blind. | 我? 你是那个暗着偷的人 |
[34:18] | You’re screwing over the owner. | 你在欺负店老板 |
[34:19] | The owner thinks I’m a hero ’cause I make him a lot of money. | 老板觉得我是英雄 因为我给他挣了大钱 |
[34:22] | You? | 你? |
[34:25] | Well,he doesn’t even know your name,sweetheart. | 他连你名字都不知道 甜心 |
[34:27] | All I wanted was a chance to sell,you know. | 你知道 我只想要个推销的机会 |
[34:30] | A chance to prove myself. | 一个证明我自己的机会 |
[34:32] | Yeah,yeah,and you got that. | 是 是 你得到了 |
[34:34] | Thanks to me. | 因为我 |
[34:36] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[34:40] | You got your bonus. | 这是给你的奖金 |
[34:42] | Fair and square. | 正大光明挣来的 |
[34:44] | Tops on the board,profit-wise. | 利润方面 排在销售榜的榜首 |
[34:47] | And there’s plenty more where that came from. | 以后还会财源滚滚 |
[34:49] | You know,Oscar was right. | 你知道吗 Oscar说得对 |
[34:51] | We keep doing business like this,and there ain’t gonna be any business left. | 如果继续这样做生意 总有一天会没生意 |
[34:54] | Oscar?Why you listening to Oscar for? | Oscar? 为什么你要听Oscar的? |
[34:56] | – He hasn’t sold a car in months. – What do you mean? | – 他几个月都没卖出去一辆 – 你什么意思? |
[34:58] | I thought you took him off the board to handle fleet sales. | 我以为你把他从榜单上拿下来 去负责大客户销售 |
[34:59] | Oscar couldn’t handle a yard sale. | Oscar连旧货拍卖都无力负责 |
[35:02] | Would of fired him a long time ago,but I felt bad for the old guy. | 我很久前就想炒掉他 但我觉得这样对老头不太好 |
[35:05] | Let him wash cars to earn his keep around here. | 让他在这洗车挣口饭吃 |
[35:08] | I earned this. | 这是我赚到的 |
[35:10] | – For me and for ‘Riss. – Sure,kid. | – 为我和Riss – 当然 孩子 |
[35:12] | Yeah. | 是 |
[35:14] | But in the future? | 但是以后? |
[35:15] | You check with me before you sell a trade-in… | 在你卖旧车时跟我商量一下… |
[35:21] | Never came back. | 她一去不复返 |
[35:23] | Thought she took the money and ran. | 以为她拿着钱跑了 |
[35:24] | Tell me about this Oscar,the has-been. | 跟我讲讲这个Oscar 曾经红极一时的人 |
[35:26] | Tough racket,selling cars.Game just passed him by. | 硬汉 王牌销售 但他的时代过去了 |
[35:29] | Was he there the night that Donna disappeared? | Donna失踪那晚他在那吗? |
[35:31] | Every night. | 每晚都在 |
[35:32] | He had a lot of cars to wash. | 他有很多车要洗 |
[35:34] | Even let the old guy lock up. | 甚至还让这老家伙去锁门 |
[35:40] | The pulled DMV records on an Oscar Anderson. | 根据车管局记录 有个叫Oscar Anderson |
[35:42] | Found his name registered to a 1971 Cadillac Eldorado. | 他名下有辆71年的卡迪拉克爱都 |
[35:46] | ’71? | 71年? |
[35:47] | Donna’s body was found in the trunk of a ’73,Right,a salvage yard beater. | Donna的尸体藏在73款卡迪拉克里 对吗 停在废车场的一辆破车 |
[35:50] | But the models share a lot of the same parts,and those require upkeep. | 但这两个型号有很多相同部件 还都需要维修 |
[35:53] | You know,seats,wheels,bumpers,you name it. | 座椅 缓冲器 车轮 你能想到的都有 |
[35:56] | It’s possible Oscar was taking parts off the beater for a ’71 Caddy. | Oscar可能从那辆破车里取出零件 来装配他的71款卡迪 |
[35:59] | Yeah.Didn’t know he was going to need it that night to hide a body. | 是 不知道他那晚上是不是用它来藏尸 |
[36:08] | Power locks,power steering,power roof. | 动力锁 动力方向盘 电动天窗 |
[36:11] | It’s a car ahead of its time. | 这车比它所处的时代领先了不少 |
[36:12] | Won it back in ’71. | 71年赢回来的 |
[36:14] | Top man on the board. | 我是最佳销售员 |
[36:16] | Nine out of 12 months. | 12月里有9个月排名第一 |
[36:17] | – A real classic. – Oh,yeah. | – 真正的经典车 – 哦 是的 |
[36:19] | Bet you Donna could appreciate a car like this. | 我敢说 Donna肯定喜欢这样的车 |
[36:22] | She turned out to be a pretty shrewd salesgal. | 不得不承认 |
[36:25] | Got to admit that. | 她变成了一个非常精明的销售 |
[36:26] | Kind of a shame how it ended for you there,Oscar. | 对你来说就这样结束是种羞耻 Oscar |
[36:29] | At the dealership. | 在经销店里 |
[36:31] | Oh,I had my cold spells. | 我度过了我的春寒期 |
[36:33] | But I’ll tell you this– when I was on a roll,there was nobody hotter. | 但我告诉你–当我势如破竹时 无人能敌 |
[36:37] | Mickey told us you hadn’t sold a car in months. | Mickey告诉我们你好几个月没卖出一辆 |
[36:41] | – You lied to us,Oscar. – Said you were out celebrating some sale. | – 你对我们说谎了Oscar – 说你出去庆祝某桩买卖 |
[36:44] | Boozing with the boys the night Donna disappeared. | Donna失踪那晚和那些同僚在外面痛饮 |
[36:47] | Well,that’s ridiculous. | 真是荒谬 |
[36:49] | I don’t remember if it was that exact night. | 我不记得到底是不是那晚 |
[36:52] | You should,’cause you were there on the lot. | 你应该记得 因为你当时在停车场 |
[36:54] | Out back washing cars. | 回来洗车 |
[36:56] | You were the next Hoover. | 你就是下一个Hoover |
[36:58] | One step away from hawking vacuum cleaners. | 离去卖吸尘器一步之遥 |
[37:00] | – Magazines,telemarketing… – Now wait just a damn minute. | – 杂志 电话销售… – 等等 |
[37:03] | I had a run of bad luck is all. | 我的坏运气过去了 |
[37:06] | But my customers always came back. | 但是我有不少回头客 |
[37:07] | You were done,Oscar.Doing chores for Mickey. | 你完了Oscar 给Mickey打杂 |
[37:10] | Locking up,taking the beaters to salvage. | 锁门 把破车送去废车场 |
[37:12] | Like that ’73 Caddy. | 像那辆73款的卡迪拉克 |
[37:14] | And when you stripped the VIN number off,probably some parts,too. | 你把车辆识别码剥去 也许还拿走了某些部件 |
[37:17] | ’71 never had an egg-crate style grill. | 71款从没有蛋条板格栅 |
[37:21] | It’s ’cause it’s from a ’73. | 因为它是从73款车上拿的 |
[37:22] | Oh,come on. | 算了吧 |
[37:23] | We take this car apart we going to find more parts from that ’73? | 把这车拆开 还会找出更多 从73款车上取下的部件吗? |
[37:26] | – You can’t do that. – You got careless,Oscar. | – 你们不能这样 – 你太不小心了 Oscar |
[37:28] | You dumped the body,but you took the parts. | 你弃尸 但你拿走了部件 |
[37:30] | Stole her money,and left her to rot in that junkyard. | 偷了她的钱 还让她在垃圾场腐烂 |
[37:32] | But,hey,you sent Donna’s family a Christmas card. | 但是 你还给Donna家送了张圣诞卡 |
[37:35] | Marisa saved it.It’s got your handwriting on it. | Marisa把它留下了 卡是你手写的 |
[37:36] | But you really think that would make up for killing her mother? | 但你觉得这能补偿你杀死她妈妈? |
[37:38] | I didn’t kill that woman. | 我没杀那女人 |
[37:40] | And I did not steal her bonus. | 我也没偷她的奖金 |
[37:43] | What bonus,Oscar? | 什么奖金 Oscar? |
[37:47] | How’d you know she got a bonus,Oscar? | 你怎么知道她得了奖金 Oscar? |
[37:49] | – You just told me. – No,we said you took her money. | – 你刚说的 – 不 我们说你拿了她的钱 |
[37:52] | Now how’d you know about the bonus she got that night? | 你怎么知道她那晚得到奖金? |
[37:54] | Now hold on a minute.Just wait a second. | 等等 等一下 |
[37:55] | I’m trying to explain. | 我解释一下 |
[37:57] | I… I want to…I’m trying to.. | 我… 我想…我试着.. |
[38:05] | It wasn’t me that changed. | 变得不是我 |
[38:08] | You know,it… | 你知道 是… |
[38:10] | …it was the business. | …是生意 |
[38:13] | You give me a quality car,bet your ass,I could still close ’em. | 你给我辆优质车 我能打赌 我仍可以把它卖出去 |
[38:19] | Sure you could. | 你当然行 |
[38:22] | We can work something out here,right? | 我们总能解决问题的 是吗? |
[38:24] | We… we can work something out? | 我们 我们可以解决问题? |
[38:26] | Yeah,we can work something out. | 是的 我们可以解决问题 |
[38:36] | Just a spell of bad luck,that’s all it was. | 只是有点运气不好 如此而已 |
[38:41] | If I could have just broken through… | 如果我可以来个突破… |
[38:46] | I’d have been right back on top of that board. | 我就能回到销售榜首位 |
[38:54] | Hey,Oscar. | 嘿 Oscar |
[38:56] | Oh,hey,Donna. | 嘿 Donna |
[39:00] | Just prepping a car for an appointment tomorrow. | 这辆车是为明天的预约准备的 |
[39:06] | It’s good to see you still get repeat business. | 看到你能重做业务真不错 |
[39:08] | Well,it’s the only way. | 没别的办法 |
[39:10] | You build a reputation,it’s about repeats and referrals. | 你建立起信誉 关键是回头客和口碑 |
[39:14] | Matter of time,I’m back on a roll bucking for that bonus. | 只是时间问题 我回头再来赚那些奖金 |
[39:18] | Hey,who won it this time,by the way? | 嘿 顺便问下 这次谁赢了? |
[39:21] | I sold another car today,Oscar. | 我今天又卖了辆车 Oscar |
[39:24] | I got the bonus. | 我得了奖金 |
[39:25] | – What?Really? – Yeah. | – 什么? 真的? – 是的 |
[39:28] | I… That’s great,kid! | 我… 太好了 孩子! |
[39:31] | Congratulations! | 祝贺你! |
[39:33] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[39:36] | So how’d you close that baby? | 宝贝 你是怎么谈妥的? |
[39:39] | You know,I just knew what the guy wanted. | 我清楚那人想要怎样的车 |
[39:42] | And I let the sale come to me. | 生意就自动上门了 |
[39:44] | Like you say. | 像你说的那样 |
[39:46] | Get a real charge out of it,too. | 从中大赚一笔 |
[39:49] | Oh,don’t I know it. | 哦 我怎么会不知道这个 |
[39:50] | That feeling never gets old. | 那种感觉从没离去过 |
[39:52] | You see this car here– came on the lot today? | 你瞧这里的车–今天到的? |
[39:54] | – Yeah,the Impala. – Yeah. | – 是的 黑羚 – 是的 |
[39:59] | Back in ’72,I must have sold 20 of these babies the minute they hit the lot. | 如果是72年 他们一到车场 我就可以卖出20辆 |
[40:04] | Still a good car. | 还是辆好车 |
[40:06] | People just don’t,uh… hold on to them anymore. | 顾客只是 呃…不再喜欢了 |
[40:11] | Harold Bloom.Look at that. | Harold Bloom 瞧这个 (耶鲁大学文学教授) |
[40:13] | Yeah,that’s his trade-in. | 呃 这是他以旧换新的旧车 |
[40:15] | That’s the guy I sold the car to today. | 我今天就是把车卖给他了 |
[40:17] | I know Harold. | 我认识Harold |
[40:19] | I sold him this car. | 他的车是我卖的 |
[40:21] | You sold him this car? | 这车你是卖给他的? |
[40:23] | – This Impala? – Harold’s my client! | – 这辆黑羚? – Harold是我的顾客! |
[40:25] | You know what I had to do to make this sale? | 你知道我为这桩生意做了什么? |
[40:27] | Look,he just came in.He didn’t ask for you. | 瞧 他就这么进来 他没找你 |
[40:29] | – Why the hell not?! – I don’t know. | – 为什么没?! – 不知道 |
[40:31] | Look,I feel terrible. | 我觉得很糟 |
[40:32] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:34] | I’ll split the commission with you. | 我会和你分享佣金 |
[40:35] | I don’t want your charity! | 我不需要你的怜悯! |
[40:37] | You know,it’s just not right. | 你知道吗 这样就不对 |
[40:39] | It’s not how you do business.. | 做生意不是像你这样的.. |
[40:44] | .I feel horrible. | 我觉得很不舒服 |
[40:48] | You don’t have to do this. | 你没必要这样做 |
[40:50] | Do what? | 没必要什么? |
[40:51] | You don’t have to wash cars for Mickey,you know,you could do something else. | 你没必要给Mickey洗车 你还可以做别的 |
[40:55] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢? |
[40:56] | You know,I’m not some vacuum cleaner salesman. | 你知道我不是某些吸尘器销售员 |
[40:58] | Who do you think you’re talking to?! | 你以为你在跟谁说话?! |
[41:00] | I was selling cars when you were in diapers. | 你还裹着尿布时我就开始卖车了 |
[41:03] | I have been a closer since before you were born! | 你还没出生时我就是个推销高手 |
[41:27] | (Journey’s “Who’s Cryin’ Now?” playing) | |
[41:44] | * It’s been a mystery,and still they try to see * | |
[41:52] | * Why somethin’ good can hurt so bad * | |
[42:00] | * Caught on a one-way street,the taste of bittersweet * | |
[42:07] | L* ove will survive somehow,some way * | |
[42:14] | * One love feeds the fire, * | |
[42:18] | * one heart burns desire, * | |
[42:22] | * I wonder who’s cryin’ now Two hearts born to run, * | |
[42:34] | * who’ll be the lonely one, | |
[42:38] | * I wonder who’s cryin’ now * | |
[42:45] | * Only so many tears you can cry ’til the heartache is over, * | |
[42:57] | * and now you can say your love will never die * | |
[43:22] | * One love feeds the fire, * | |
[43:26] | * one heart burns desire, * | |
[43:29] | * I wonder who’s cryin’ now * | |
[43:37] | * Two hearts born to run, * | |
[43:41] | * who’ll be the lonely one, * | |
[43:46] | YTET | – 七区二区的邦德猪 |
[43:46] | * I wonder who’s cryin’ now * |