时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | the folowing srory is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event | 本剧故事纯属虚构 如有雷同 纯属巧合 |
[00:04] | * and start your slaving job to get your pay * | |
[00:07] | october 12, 1973 | 1973年10月12日 |
[00:08] | * if you ever get annoyed,look at me, * | |
[00:08] | i’m self-employed | |
[00:15] | * i love to work at nothing all day * | |
[00:18] | * and i’ve been takin’ care of business every day * | |
[00:23] | * takin’ care of business every way * | |
[00:27] | * i’ve been takin’ care of business,it’s all mine * | |
[00:31] | * takin’ care of business and working overtime… * | |
[00:34] | warriors,yeah! | Warriors 加油! |
[00:38] | warriors! | |
[00:40] | we are… warriors! | 我们是Warriors |
[00:50] | warriors! | |
[00:54] | let’s go!bring it in. come on. now.bring it in! | 我们走 加油 加油 来吧 |
[00:57] | what the hell did i tell you?! | 我跟你们说的什么?! |
[00:59] | this is all you guys.pay attention. | 小伙子们 注意了 |
[01:00] | red right,34. i’m sending it in. | 红区右侧 34码 送出去 |
[01:03] | now,folks,the biggest game of the season comes down to one play. | 现在 观众们 本赛季最重要的比赛开始了 |
[01:06] | oh,boy,this is a dandy. red right,34. | 伙计们 这会让人过目难忘 红区右侧 34码 |
[01:08] | – you ready,moon? – let’s go. | – 准备好了吗 月亮 – 我们上 |
[01:11] | down by four with 14 seconds left. | 还剩12秒 |
[01:13] | – let’s go! | – let’s go! – 我们上 – 我们上 |
[01:15] | let’s take care of business,huh? | 我们开工 |
[01:16] | – all right,ready? – break! | – 好了吗? – 加油 |
[01:19] | here we go. buckle up,irene. | 跳起来吧 Irene |
[01:22] | the warriors line up to try and make one more play. | Warriors 排好阵型准备再次进攻 |
[01:25] | no time-outs left. the clock is running. | 没暂停了 比赛快结束了 |
[01:28] | hut! | 掩护 |
[01:51] | touchdown! | 达阵得分! |
[01:52] | bad moon mcshane has done it again! | “坏月亮” Mcshane又成功了 |
[01:54] | how sweet the wine! | 多么甜美的胜利啊! |
[01:57] | that’s warrior football! | 这就是Warrior的球赛 |
[01:58] | no guts,no glory! | 不入虎穴 焉得虎子! |
[02:00] | took you long enough. | 跑得够远 |
[02:01] | i took the scenic route. | 我还欣赏了下风景 |
[02:50] | al’s bar. college football paradise. | Al的酒吧 大学橄榄球的天堂 |
[02:53] | you played high school ball with al? | 你高中时和Al一起打球? |
[02:55] | he was the fastest halfback in philly in 1967. | 他是1967年费城最快的中卫 |
[02:58] | ran the 40 in 4.3. | 跑40码只用4秒3 |
[03:02] | i take it that’s good? | 我猜那一定很快了? |
[03:03] | the record still stands. | 这个记录还没人打破 |
[03:05] | there he is.what do you say,lightning? | 就是他 怎么样 闪电 |
[03:09] | tombstone. | 墓碑 |
[03:10] | good to see you,man. | 见到你真好 老兄 |
[03:12] | tombstone? | 墓碑? |
[03:13] | the guy played linebacker. used to bury halfbacks. | 这家伙打后卫 曾经干掉很多中卫 |
[03:17] | detective rush. | 这是Rush警探 |
[03:18] | i like your place,al. | 我喜欢你的酒吧 Al |
[03:20] | so what’s up?you said it was important. | 出什么事了 你说的很重要? |
[03:23] | you remember bad moon mcshane? | 你还记得”坏月亮” Mcshane? |
[03:25] | hell,yeah. warrior football star. | 当然 Warrior橄榄球队的明星 |
[03:27] | murdered the night before the ’73 championship. | 73届冠军赛前夜被谋杀 |
[03:30] | no one knew until he was a no-show for the game. | 直到他没有上场才被人发现 |
[03:32] | check this out. | 看看这个 |
[03:34] | i’m always searching ebay | 我总在Ebay上找… |
[03:36] | for warrior stuff. | Warrior球队的东西 |
[03:38] | found this | 找到了这个 |
[03:41] | tucked inside a program. | 塞在一份节目单里 |
[03:42] | “ticket sign-out sheet.” | 留票表 |
[03:43] | the way players got tickets to family and friends. | 球员给家人和朋友球票的方法 |
[03:46] | now,i know you only played defense, | 我知道你只打后卫 |
[03:48] | but,uh,try and keep up. | 但是帮忙查查 |
[03:51] | look at the signature. | 看那签名 |
[03:54] | mcshane signed out tickets | Mcshane要求留票了 |
[03:55] | to r. boreki at 9:00 a.m. | 给R. Boreki 在早上9点 |
[03:58] | day of the game. | 就在比赛当天 |
[03:59] | but the cops said he was murdered 10:00 p.m.the night before. | 但警察说他在前一晚上10点就遇害 |
[04:03] | they thought he ran into some drunk state fans. | 他们认为他遇到了喝醉的其他州球迷 |
[04:05] | big rivalry game.emotions running high. | 高强度比赛 双方都热血沸腾 情绪激昂 |
[04:07] | right.except according to this… | 没错 除了根据这个 |
[04:09] | mike was alive on saturday. | Mike在周六还活着 |
[04:11] | that’s an entire morning unaccounted for. | 整个上午的时间段没有合理解释 |
[04:13] | his mom… | 他妈妈 |
[04:15] | she still comes in. | 还过来这里 |
[04:17] | once a year… look at the pictures of him. | 每年一次 看看他的照片 |
[04:21] | sure would mean a lot to her… | 肯定对她很重要 |
[04:23] | hell,all of us. | 该死 对我们所有人都很重要 |
[04:27] | find the person who murdered that young man. | |
[04:45] | YTET | – cc回归粉开心的邦德猪 |
[05:04] | cold case S6E01 | 铁证悬案 |
[05:15] | son of a…. | 狗娘养… |
[05:18] | leaky pipes. | 漏水的管道 |
[05:19] | nothing but the best upkeep for the cold ones. | 用来保存陈年旧案的卷宗太合适了 |
[05:21] | yeah,this will look great in court. | 是啊 在法庭上看起来真太棒了 (文件有损坏 影响物证效力) |
[05:25] | michael “bad moon” mcshane. | “坏月亮” Michael Mcshane |
[05:27] | came to the u. in ’70 on a full ride. | 70年代获得奖学金进了大学 |
[05:30] | recruited from latrobe high school. | 从Latrobe高中招募来 |
[05:32] | small-town kid. | 小镇男孩 |
[05:34] | only child.raised by his english teacher mom. | 他是独子 由当语文老师的妈妈抚养 |
[05:37] | sends her boy off to school,and he never comes home. | 送她儿子去学校 但他再没有回来 |
[05:40] | body’s found near a dumpster | 尸体在垃圾站被发现 |
[05:41] | between the players’ dorm and the stadium parking lot near section g-68. | 在球员宿舍和球场停车场之间的 G68区附近 |
[05:46] | group of students leaving the game found him. | 一群看完比赛的学生发现了他 |
[05:48] | blunt-force trauma to the head. | 头部被钝器重创 |
[05:50] | weapon never found. | 凶器从没被找到 |
[05:52] | coroner… innskeep stated time of death was 10:00 p.m. friday night. | 验尸官Innskeep认定死亡时间 为周五晚上10点 |
[05:56] | same numbskull coroner who mucked up every job he touched in the ’70s. | 就是那个在70年代把经手的每件案子 都搞砸的白痴验尸官 |
[06:00] | there was a message taped to mike’s door friday night | 周五晚上在Mike家门上贴着的字条 |
[06:03] | “pez called.” | “Pez来电” |
[06:04] | pez? drug dealer nickname? | Pez? 某个毒贩的绰号? |
[06:07] | or the nickname for “r. boreki,” | 抑或是R. Boreki的绰号 |
[06:09] | the guy he signed out the tickets to. | 他给留票的那位 |
[06:11] | mike’s trading player tickets for drugs.deal goes down wrong. | Mike用球票换毒品 交易出了差错 |
[06:14] | questioned documents looked at the sign-out sheet. | 文件不对劲 看看留票表 |
[06:16] | it’s mike’s signature. | 是Mike的签名 |
[06:20] | it’s proof he was there that morning. | 是他当天上午还活着的证据 |
[06:22] | so the call from pez | 那么Pez来电 |
[06:24] | was a set-up to meet? | 是设下陷阱的会面? |
[06:25] | well,section g-68 was isolated. | G68是个偏僻的地区 |
[06:27] | original report said a lot of drug deals went down there. | 原报告称很多毒贩都去那里 |
[06:29] | fullback’s a big guy.yet no one saw him friday nig or saturday morning? | 他是个大个子 但周五晚上和周六早上没人看到他 |
[06:34] | not his best bud tom “the breeze” bernard,no one on the team,campus… | 他最好的朋友 “微风”Tom Bernard 其他队友 或同学 都没有见到他 |
[06:38] | new timeline might jog some memories. | 新的时间线也许会让他们想起点什么 |
[06:41] | go visit the u.? see what the team was doing morning moon’s killed? | 去大学看看? 查查月亮被杀的那个早晨球队在干嘛 |
[06:44] | grab some yearbooks,see if you can find this “r. boreki.” | 查查年鉴 看能否找到这个R.Boreki |
[06:48] | what do you say,tombstone? | 你怎么说 墓碑? |
[06:53] | i have so many photos of mike playing football,but this is my favorite. | 我有很多Mike打球的照片 可我最喜欢这张 |
[06:59] | mike liked to read. | Mike喜欢看书 |
[07:01] | when he was younger,oh,yes. | 小时候就喜欢 |
[07:02] | before the sports took over. | 在迷上运动之前 |
[07:04] | sounds like there was a lot more to mike than just football. | 听起来Mike的生活中不只有打球 |
[07:07] | mrs. mcshane,we’re looking for a friend of his. | Mcshane夫人 我们在找他的朋友 |
[07:10] | r. boreki? | |
[07:11] | mike ever mention him? | Mike有提起过他吗? |
[07:13] | i’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[07:16] | you know,mike had so many friends. | Mike的朋友太多了 |
[07:19] | that’s why i could never understand | 所以我无法理解 |
[07:20] | why anybody would want to hurt him. | 为何有人要伤害他 |
[07:25] | excuse me. | 失陪下 |
[07:29] | talked to the stadium ticket clerk. | 和球场售票员谈了 |
[07:31] | guy never saw mcshane. | 他从没见到Mcshane |
[07:32] | what about “r. boreki”? | 那么 R.Boreki呢? |
[07:34] | nope. but i did get us a tailgater. | 没 但我找到了当时在那里的人 |
[07:36] | guys are camped out in the parking lot before the sun’s up? | 他们在停车场露营到天亮? |
[07:39] | got to have a game day permit. | 那得有比赛当日的许可证才行 |
[07:40] | rusty jenkins. section g-68. | Rusty Jenkins, G68区 |
[07:44] | guy saw a car hightailing it out of there ’round 9:30 a.m. | 他看到辆车在上午9点半左右驶出 |
[07:46] | there’s no crying allowed in slinging rock. | 买卖毒品时没人会大喊大叫 |
[07:52] | – good to see you. – yeah. i mean… | – 见到你很高兴 – 是啊 我是说… |
[07:55] | right. | 没错 |
[07:56] | – well… | – well… – 那… – 那… |
[08:00] | speak english much? | 不会说英文了? |
[08:02] | what? | 什么? |
[08:03] | right. | 没事 |
[08:16] | which way to the mud bath? | 去那些脏兮兮的训练馆怎么走? |
[08:18] | warrior football brings in 45 mil a year. | Warrior球队每年盈利4500万 |
[08:20] | i’m sure they got one. | 我肯定他们也分到了一杯羹 |
[08:22] | got to love amateur sports. | 我真要爱上业余体育运动了 |
[08:25] | gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[08:30] | head coach walters. | 主教练Walters |
[08:31] | detectives jeffries, | 警探Jeffries |
[08:32] | valens. | |
[08:34] | not a bad-looking team you got this year. | 今年你的队伍不错 |
[08:36] | season’s still young. | 赛季才开始 |
[08:38] | you were an assistant when mike mcshane played? | Mike Mcshane打球时 你是助理教练? |
[08:40] | yes,sir. i’ll tell you what. | 是的 先生 我告诉你 |
[08:42] | mike was what warrior football was all about. | Mike就是Warrior球队的全部 |
[08:45] | together we stand? | 我们并肩而战? |
[08:46] | you better believe it. | 你最好相信 |
[08:48] | his death was a hell of a shock. | 他的死绝对是晴天霹雳 |
[08:50] | took the program years to recover. | 球队花了好几年才恢复元气 |
[08:52] | you know anyone named r. boreki? | 你知道R. Boreki吗? |
[08:54] | maybe went by “pez”? | 也许又叫Pez |
[08:55] | sorry,i don’t. | 抱歉 我不知道 |
[08:58] | what’s up,fellas? | 怎么了 伙计? |
[08:59] | got new information says the kid was alive saturday morning. | 我们得到新信息 那孩子周六早上还活着 |
[09:02] | wondering if you saw him that day. | 不知道你那天见过他没? |
[09:04] | i wish i could help out. | 我希望我能帮忙 |
[09:06] | all i know is mike never showed up | 我只知道Mike从没出现在… |
[09:08] | for the mandatory pregame breakfast at 9:00. | 上午9点的球队指定早餐会上 |
[09:11] | we hear tom bernard works here. | 我们听说Tom Bernard在这工作 |
[09:13] | breeze? should be out on the field. | 微风? 应该在球场上 |
[09:15] | jimmy… | |
[09:19] | you get these men whatever they need. | 带这些先生过去 |
[09:21] | mi casa es su casa. | (西班牙语:把这里当作自己家) |
[09:37] | say,uh… mike was still alive saturday morning? | 这么说… Mike周六早上还活着? |
[09:41] | good friends,teammates– | 你们是好朋友 队友 |
[09:44] | figured you’d know if he was mixed up in some kind of trouble. | 如果他卷入什么麻烦 你该知道 |
[09:47] | no way. no way. | 不可能 不可能 |
[09:49] | mike would never do anything to embarrass the program. | Mike绝不会做抹黑这项运动的事 |
[09:52] | 24 hours leading up to the game, | 时时刻刻都在为比赛做准备 |
[09:54] | players must have had their rituals. | 球员一定有他们的固定仪式 |
[09:56] | sure. you know,some of the guys hit the bars,blow off steam. | 当然 有些伙计去酒吧发泄 |
[09:59] | mike with you that night? | Mike那晚和你在一起吗? |
[10:01] | no. but i didn’t think anything of it. | 没有 但我没想过有什么不对劲 |
[10:02] | why’s that? | 为什么? |
[10:04] | he’d read in his room. | 他在房里看书 |
[10:06] | he’d try to hide it. | 他还试图不让人知道 |
[10:07] | but you didn’t play in that same game either. | 但你也没有参加那场比赛 |
[10:11] | something keep you from the field? | 有什么事不能让你上场? |
[10:13] | yeah,i blew my knee out the week before. | 比赛前一周 我伤了膝盖 |
[10:16] | never played again. | 再也没法打球了 |
[10:19] | couple names coming up: pez.r. boreki. | 这里有些名字 Pez, R.Boreki |
[10:23] | ever hear of ’em? | 听过吗? |
[10:24] | that don’t sound familiar. | 没听说过 |
[10:25] | you think of anyone else might have had it in for mike? | 你能想到有谁怨恨Mike吗? |
[10:28] | man,mike was a stand-up guy. | 老兄 Mike是个正人君子 |
[10:30] | everybody loved him. | 大家都喜欢他 |
[10:34] | (the doobie brothers “china grove” playing) | 背景音乐:China Grove-by Doobie Brothers |
[10:41] | thanks,stace. | 谢谢 Stace |
[10:43] | warrior win and cold beer. life is good. | Warrior赢了 还有冰啤喝 生活真美好 |
[10:45] | which way to the watergate hotel? | 去水门饭店怎么走? (导致尼克松下台的水门事件发生地) |
[10:48] | take that stupid thing off. | 把那傻玩意摘了 |
[10:51] | when the sun comes up selling these everywhere. | 当太阳升起 到处有卖这个的 |
[10:53] | man,that guy’s going down. (“on the sleepy little town…”) | 伙计 那家伙完蛋了 |
[10:55] | if the president of the united states says he didn’t do it,he didn’t. | 如果美国总统说他没做过 那他就没做 |
[10:58] | how would you know? he wouldn’t lie to the whole country,man. | – 你怎么知道? – 他不会骗整个国家 伙计 |
[11:01] | everybody’s saying he’s guilty. | 每个人都说他有罪 |
[11:02] | well,i believe him. | 我相信他 |
[11:04] | people got to stay loyal. | 人要保持忠诚 |
[11:06] | like “together we stand.” | 就像”我们并肩而战” |
[11:08] | you’re the last boy scout,moon. | 你真是最后一个正太了 月亮 |
[11:11] | hey,how about a doob? | 来卷大麻如何? |
[11:13] | i got to split. | 我要走了 |
[11:14] | see you at weights tomorrow? | 明天在Weights那碰头? |
[11:16] | yeah,you’ll see me.i’ll be the guy… | 你会看到我的 我会是… |
[11:18] | out-benching you. | 打败你的人 |
[11:21] | in your dreams. | 你做梦去吧 |
[11:26] | groove on,baby. | 继续享受吧 宝贝 |
[11:30] | groove on. | 继续享受 |
[11:32] | got to love the ’70s. | 我爱死了70年代 |
[11:34] | instant replay and the pill. | 即时重播还有毒品 |
[11:35] | two greatest inventions ever. | 两项最伟大的发明 |
[11:38] | so,who hosted this party,someone’s parents? | 谁办的派对 某个学生的父母? |
[11:41] | steve pratt. | |
[11:42] | booster with big bucks. | 有钱的赞助人 |
[11:43] | they just opened up his housesure. | 他们只是打开了他家大门 |
[11:45] | sure. he recruited moon. | 是他招募的月亮 |
[11:47] | was real close with him. | 他们很亲密 |
[11:48] | same pratt who paid for half the new stadium? | 跟为新球场付了一半钱的Pratt是同一人? |
[11:51] | still comes to every game. | 他仍然每场比赛都来 |
[11:54] | well,thanks,breeze.we’ll let you get back to it. | 谢谢 Breeze 不打扰你工作了 |
[11:56] | all right.see you. | 好 再见 |
[12:01] | i remember two-a-day practices. | 我还记得每天两场的练习 |
[12:04] | never been in such pain. | 痛苦得要命 |
[12:07] | man,if i could go back. | 伙计 如果我可以从头来过 |
[12:11] | you ever play? | 你以前玩过? |
[12:16] | little bit. | 一点点 |
[12:28] | heard mike mcshane spent a lot of time here,mr. pratt. | 听说Mike Mcshane经常在这 Pratt先生 |
[12:31] | oh,hosted a few warrior parties back in the day. | 那段时间为Warriors队举行了不少派对 |
[12:35] | they get kind of wild? | 他们玩得很野? |
[12:38] | it was a different time. | 那时可不同于现在 |
[12:43] | mike ever come to you with any problems? | Mike有什么麻烦来找你帮忙? |
[12:45] | drugs or money? | 毒品或钱? |
[12:46] | mike was just a fun-loving kid who believed in god,country and warrior football. | Mike只是一个爱开玩笑的孩子 他相信上帝 Warriors和橄榄球 |
[12:53] | you two close? | 你们关系很好吗? |
[12:54] | both small-town kids who played big-time ball. | 都是小镇来的孩子 球玩得很好 |
[12:57] | you knew that mike grew up without a dad. | 你知道Mike从小没爸爸 |
[13:00] | well,come rain or shine,i took him out for a good dinner once a week. | 不管天气好坏 我每周都带他出去大吃一顿 |
[13:04] | that boy needed a father figure. | 那个男孩需要个父亲 |
[13:06] | mr. pratt,you never answered my question about drug use. | Pratt先生 你还没回答我关于毒品的事 |
[13:11] | mike worked two jobs,and he still couldn’t make ends meet. | Mike有两份工作 但还不够开销 |
[13:15] | (“rock on” by david essex playing) | 背景音乐:Rock On-by David Essex |
[13:18] | thanks,honey. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[13:21] | to you,mike. | 敬你 Mike |
[13:22] | hell of a season so far. | 目前为止 本赛季干得不错 |
[13:24] | thanks,mr. pratt. | 谢谢 Pratt先生 |
[13:25] | damn it,son. it’s been three years.call me steve. | 见鬼 孩子 已经三年了 叫我Steve |
[13:28] | sorry. steve. | 对不起 Steve |
[13:36] | – i have never profited,never profited… – can you believe this, | – “我从没有从中受益 从没有受益”(尼克松) – 你相信他吗? |
[13:40] | the way they’re treating the president? | 他们对待总统的方式? |
[13:42] | hey,joe. | 嗨 Joe |
[13:43] | could you turn that thing off? | 你能把那东西关掉吗? |
[13:46] | you seem a littl preoccupied. | 你似乎心不在焉 |
[13:48] | – well,mr. pratt, i hate to ask… – are you low on cash? | – Pratt先生 我讨厌求人… – 你缺钱? |
[13:51] | – just till the end of the week. – say no more. | – 只够坚持到这个周末 – 不用多说 |
[13:53] | hope it’s for a girl. | 希望是花在女孩身上 |
[13:55] | textbooks. | 用在课本上 |
[13:57] | good one. | 很好 |
[13:59] | now,you remember, | 现在你记住 |
[14:01] | you can always come to me. | 你遇到问题可以找我 |
[14:03] | okay? warrior football is about sticking together. | 行吧? Warriors的精神就是团结一致 |
[14:07] | and that ain’t bull. | 这不是吹牛 |
[14:09] | no,sir. | 是的 先生 |
[14:14] | you think the money was for drugs? | 你觉得那钱是买毒品的吗? |
[14:16] | back then i would’ve said no. | 在当时 我可以说不是 |
[14:17] | not a kid like mike. | 没哪个小孩像Mike那样 |
[14:19] | but now i’ve seen it happen to too many players. | 但现在这种事发生在太多球员身上了 |
[14:23] | someone named pez out with you that night? | 那晚有个叫Pez的和你一起出去了? |
[14:27] | i don’t think i ever heard that name. | 我从来没听说过这个名字 |
[14:30] | careful of the pool. | 别掉进水池了! |
[14:32] | i’ve done everything i can to brainwash that boy into loving football. | 我尽可能对那个孩子洗脑 让他去喜欢橄榄球 |
[14:37] | but he likes soccer. | 但是他喜欢足球 |
[14:39] | the things you live to see,detective. | 走着瞧吧 警探 |
[14:43] | well,i haven’t been here since the ’04 playoffs. | 在04赛季的季后赛结束后 我就没来过这里 |
[14:45] | mcnabb lit it up. | Mcnabb 开球 (NFL费城老鹰队的明星四分卫) |
[14:47] | then the super bowl happened. | 然后超级杯开始了 |
[14:49] | yeah,how much you lose on that game? | 你那场比赛输了多少? |
[14:50] | that’s not the point. | 那不是关键 |
[14:52] | – rusty jenkins? – yeah? | – 什么事? |
[14:56] | you the detectives here about,uh,bad moon? | 你们是调查坏月亮的警探? |
[14:59] | you were parked at warrior stadium that morning? | 那天早上你把车停在Warriors体育场? |
[15:01] | firing up the old barrel. | 在旧油桶里点火 |
[15:02] | you know,you got to get that pork falling right off the bone by game time. | 你得在比赛前把猪肉从骨头上剃下来 |
[15:05] | you ain’t lived till you’ve had my pork. | 吃了我的烤肉 你就会生龙活虎 |
[15:07] | sounds delicious. now,about that morning? | 听着很美味 那天早上发生什么事了? |
[15:09] | you said you saw a car. | 你说你看到辆车 |
[15:11] | yeah,a red one. | 是的 一辆红色的 |
[15:12] | he busted out of there like he robbed a bank. | 他猛冲出去就像刚抢完银行一样 |
[15:20] | you get a good look at the driver? | 你看清楚是谁在开车吗? |
[15:21] | – nah,he was too far away.- was the car a two-door? | – 没有 离得太远了 – 是双门车的吗? |
[15:24] | yeah,it was like one of them muscle cars. | 像一辆强力跑车 |
[15:26] | like a stock car with a white stripe on the side? | 像辆赛车 车身侧面有一条白杠 |
[15:30] | yeah,i think there was. | 我想是的 |
[15:32] | that’s a plymouth duster. it’s got to be. | 那是辆普利茅斯德斯特 肯定是 |
[15:35] | well,thanks,rusty. | 谢谢 Rusty |
[15:38] | you should do repo work. | 你应该去负责抢劫案 |
[15:41] | busted out of there like a bank robber. | 像个银行抢犯那样冲出去 |
[15:43] | or a killer fleeing a crime scene. | 或是凶手逃离犯罪现场 |
[15:45] | missed out on rusty’s pork. | 那就会错过Rusty的烤肉 |
[15:49] | what are all these files? | 这是些什么文件? |
[15:51] | records from the dmv. | 车管局拿来的记录 |
[15:54] | november ’73. | 1973年11月 |
[15:56] | we’re looking for anything suspicious | 我们在查找一辆可疑的… |
[15:59] | in a red plymouth duster. | 红色的普利毛斯德斯特跑车 |
[16:03] | you’re evil. | 你太邪恶了 |
[16:10] | oh. found your name in the yearbook,professor boreki. | 在年鉴上找到你的名字 Boreki教授 |
[16:16] | mike mcshane a good friend of yours? | Mike Mcshane是你的好朋友? |
[16:18] | – i was his tutor. – so,why did he leave tickets for you? | – 我是他的家教 – 为什么他把票留给你了? |
[16:23] | well,one of the supposed perks of the job. | 我工作的一项福利吧 |
[16:27] | – guess i was next in line. – big fan,huh? | – 以为就轮到我了 – 你是铁杆球迷? |
[16:30] | no. | 不 |
[16:32] | almost un-american,isn’t it? | 不怎么像美国人 是不是? (橄榄球是美国最受欢迎的运动之一) |
[16:33] | – so why tutor those guys? – i needed the money. | – 那为什么指导那些家伙? – 我需要钱 |
[16:37] | students who couldn’t throw an inflated ball actually had to pay their own way. | 不会玩球的学生有自己的方法付学费 |
[16:41] | whitney fellowship? what’s that? | Whitney奖学金?这是什么? |
[16:42] | (“do it again” by steely dan playing) | 背景音乐 Do It Again-by Steely Dan |
[16:43] | it’s an academic scholarship. gonna pay for my grad school. | 是学术奖学金 可以付我的研究生学费 |
[16:47] | free ride,just like me. | 轻而易举 跟我一样 |
[16:49] | what are you gonna study? | 你准备学什么? |
[16:50] | you got a beowulf paper due in two weeks. | 你要在2周内交篇关于贝奥武夫的论文 (最古老的英语史诗) |
[16:52] | i can write that for you next weekend. | 我可以给在下周末前为你写完 |
[16:54] | shouldn’t you help me with it? | 你不帮我吗? |
[16:57] | you read beowulf? | 你读过贝奥武夫? |
[16:59] | just started it. | 刚开始读 |
[17:00] | yeah. you should stick to your playbook.i’ll handle the paper,t-bone. | 丁字牛排 你应该专心你的踢球手册 我来解决论文 |
[17:04] | it’s bad moon. | 是”坏月亮” |
[17:06] | you know,you guys sound like a ponderosa menu? | 你们这些家伙听起来就像份黄木菜单? |
[17:08] | t-bone,chunk,ribeye. | 丁字牛排 块肉 肋眼 |
[17:16] | you never had a nickname. that’s your problem. | 你的问题就是你从来没绰号 |
[17:23] | don’t worry. i’ll think of one for you. | 别担心 我给你想个 |
[17:26] | – hey mike – how you doing,cynthia? | – 嗨 Mike – 你怎么样 Cynthia? |
[17:37] | these players needed guys like me. | 那些球员需要像我这样的人 |
[17:40] | they’d lose their eligibility if their gpa fell below a 2.0. | 如果他们的GPA成绩低于2.0 就无法上场比赛(NCAA的规定) |
[17:43] | hey,what about the pills he was taking? | 他吃的是什么药? |
[17:46] | i tutored a lot of players. | 我给不少球员家教过 |
[17:47] | they were always jacked up on something. | 他们总是会对某些东西上瘾 |
[17:49] | – painkillers or uppers. – where’d they get the drugs? | – 止疼剂或兴奋剂 – 他们在哪里搞到药? |
[17:52] | they had some quack supplying the whole team. | 有个江湖庸医为整个球队供药 |
[17:55] | now,this,uh,quack doctor,ever hear his name? | 有没听说过这个庸医的名字? |
[17:58] | no,i’m sorry,i really… wouldn’t know about that. | 不 对不起 我真没听说过 |
[18:02] | name pez ring any bells? | Pez 这个名字有没印象? |
[18:03] | no. you’d have to ask someone on the team. | 没 你得去问问队里的人 |
[18:07] | right. | 好吧 |
[18:09] | you were just a… tutor. | 你只是个…家教 |
[18:15] | uh,if you think of anything else, | 教授 如果你想起其他什么事 |
[18:18] | professor,let me know. | 通知我 |
[18:25] | i don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[18:27] | mike was never sick a day in his life. | Mike一生都没病过 |
[18:29] | – your son never mentioned taking any pills? – pills for what? | – 你儿子从没提过吃药的事? – 治什么病的药? |
[18:32] | maybe to help recover from a game? injury or pain? | 也许能帮助从比赛中恢复或疗伤? |
[18:37] | the-the team was on a vitamin program. | 队里有个补充维生素项目 |
[18:40] | – a vitamin program. – mike never liked it. | – 一个维生素计划 – Mike从没喜欢过 |
[18:44] | he always hated needles from the time he was a little boy. | 小时候他就讨厌打针 |
[18:47] | these vitamin shots,do you know who gave them to your son? | 那些维生素针剂 你知道是谁开给他的吗? |
[18:51] | no. he just told me the whole team took them. | 不 他只告诉我整个球队都在打 |
[18:58] | you wouldn’t believe all the trainers and doctors they have now. | 你肯定不相信 现在所有的教练和医生都有嫌疑 |
[19:02] | i used to have to tape my own ankles. | 我以前不得不用护踝带 |
[19:07] | what was the doctor’s name you saw back in the day? | 你那天看到的医生名字是谁? |
[19:09] | you mean the team doctor? | 你是说队医? |
[19:12] | no,the other one,uh, | 不 另一个 |
[19:13] | the guy off campus,the local guy. | 不是学校里的人 是个本地人 |
[19:15] | – had a crazy nickname. – pez? | – 有个奇怪的别名 |
[19:19] | what about him? | 他怎么了? |
[19:20] | hooked you up with painkillers,cortisone,right? | 用止疼药 可的松把你钩住? |
[19:23] | whatever it took to get the body back on the field. | 不管怎么样都要重回球场 |
[19:27] | what about vitamin shots? | 那维生素针剂呢? |
[19:30] | vitamin shots? | 维生素针剂? |
[19:32] | what are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[19:35] | do you remember the doc’s real name? | 你记得医生的真名吗? |
[19:38] | what’s he got to do… | 他和那个杀坏月亮的凶手… |
[19:41] | with bad moon’s murder? | 有什么关系? |
[19:43] | i don’t know. we’ll see. | 我不知道 我们走着瞧吧 |
[19:46] | long time ago,will. | 都很久以前的事了 Will |
[19:48] | come on,al,you kicked up the dust on this case,brought it to me. | 得了 Al 是你说这案子有疑点 让我去查 |
[19:52] | where you going with this? | 你在哪知道这些? |
[19:56] | thinking steroids. | 想想类固醇 |
[19:58] | back then? i never saw it. | 在那个年代?我从没见过 |
[20:01] | no. the warriors ran a clean program. | 不 Warriors队一直打干净球 |
[20:04] | then why go under the table for shots? | 那为什么还要偷偷摸摸地打针? |
[20:06] | except to break ncaa rules,not to mention the law. | 除非怕违反NCAA的规定 更不用提违法了 (NCAA:美国大学体育总会) |
[20:10] | i don’t believe it. | 我才不信 |
[20:12] | then tell me the doctor’s name. | 那你告诉我医生的名字 |
[20:17] | if you’re right, | 如果你是对的 |
[20:19] | and this gets out, | 而且这事泄露出去 |
[20:21] | the whole program, | 这整个项目 |
[20:22] | even now,people will get hurt. | 就算是现在 也会伤害很多人 |
[20:25] | screw the warriors program,al. the kid got murdered. | 让Warriors队的比赛见鬼去吧 Al 那孩子被谋杀了 |
[20:29] | we got to see this through. | 我们要搞清楚真相 |
[20:32] | just give me a name. | 告诉我那个名字 |
[20:36] | dr. lason,nice digs you got here. | Lason医生 你在这挖了不少消息 |
[20:39] | i understand you did some work with the warriors back in the day. | 你那时为Warriors队做了不少工作 |
[20:42] | former players are starting to talk. | 退役的队员们开口吐露真相了 |
[20:45] | your name keeps coming up… | 你的大名不断被提及 |
[20:46] | pez. | |
[20:48] | i run a sports medicine clinic. | 我经营一家体育医疗诊所 |
[20:50] | i make my money on player referrals. | 靠运动员的口碑相传挣钱 |
[20:52] | did you drive a red duster back in the ’70s? | 70年代你开过一辆 红色普利茅斯德斯特车吗? |
[20:54] | no,and i don’t think i like the tone of this conversation. | 没有 我不喜欢你们用这种语调问我 |
[20:57] | you called mike the night before he was killed. | Mike被害前一晚 你给他打了电话 |
[20:59] | – wanted to meet. – that just a bad coincidence,doc? | – 希望和他见面 – 只是个巧合吗 医生? |
[21:05] | – my attorney’s number. – you were involved in a drug ring where a kid ended up dead. | – 我律师的电话号码 – 你涉嫌毒品交易 并且导致一个孩子死亡 |
[21:09] | thanks for your time,dr. lason.if we have any more questions,we’ll give you a call. | 叨扰了 Lason医生 还有什么问题 我们会打电话给你的 |
[21:15] | what’s up? | 怎么啦? |
[21:18] | check out dr. lason’s golf buddy. | 调查一下Lason的高尔夫球友 |
[21:21] | son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[21:24] | popular guy,this pratt. | 这个Pratt很受欢迎 |
[21:30] | big game tomorrow. | 明天有场重要比赛 |
[21:32] | oh,playing michigan for the 75th time. | 跟密歇根大学的第75次交手 |
[21:35] | you got to love college tradition. | 你会爱上大学传统的 |
[21:38] | tradition like doping the players? | 比如给选手服用兴奋剂的传统? |
[21:43] | i don’t understand. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[21:45] | dr. lason,steroids,your money. | Lason医生 类固醇 和你的钱 |
[21:49] | understand? | 明白了吗? |
[21:51] | mike was just like the rest of the boys. | Mike和别的男孩一样 |
[21:53] | he would do anything to play ball! | 他愿意为打球做任何事! |
[21:55] | including taking steroids? | 包括使用类固醇? |
[22:00] | nobody knew the side effects. | 没人知道它的副作用 |
[22:02] | hell,nobody even knew what they were back then. | 见鬼 当时没人了解那些药到底是什么 |
[22:05] | not that you bothered to find out. | 但不代表你查不出来 |
[22:07] | we thought we were helping him. | 我们觉得是在帮他 |
[22:09] | it had nothing to do with mike’s death. | 那和Mike的死无关 |
[22:11] | so why was he calling dr. lason? | 那他为什么打电话给Lason医生? |
[22:14] | it was about breeze. | 因为”微风” |
[22:22] | you okay,man? | 你没事吧 伙计? |
[22:25] | i’m okay. i’m okay. | 我很好 我很好 |
[22:28] | are you sure? | 你确定? |
[22:30] | just don’t say anything to coach. | 别告诉教练 |
[22:32] | come on,breeze. something’s wrong here. | 行了 微风 你不对劲 |
[22:34] | i’m begging you,mike.don’t tell them. please? | 算我求你了 Mike 别和别人说 好吗? |
[22:41] | don’t. mike,don’t! | 别 Mike 别! |
[22:44] | mr. pratt! | Pratt先生! |
[22:49] | what’d you do? | 你怎么做的? |
[22:51] | my advice was for him to tell the coach. | 我建议他和教练说说 |
[22:54] | turns out | 结果发现 |
[22:55] | that breeze had a bad kidney | 微风的肾不好 |
[22:57] | which he didn’t want the team to know about. | 而他不想让队里知道 |
[23:00] | a life-threatening condition. | 已经恶化到危及生命了 |
[23:02] | – when was this? – a couple of days before mike died. | – 那是什么时候的事? – Mike出事前几天 |
[23:05] | mike must have called dr. lason to take a look at breeze. | Mike必须打电话给Lason医生 让他给微风做检查 |
[23:09] | that when the coach let breeze go? | 那时教练就让微风离队了? |
[23:12] | yes. | 是的 |
[23:13] | and breeze blamed mike for it. | 微风为此而怪罪Mike |
[23:17] | i sure hope not. | 我希望不是 |
[23:22] | it’s not looking good for the breeze-man. | 微风不好受 |
[23:24] | being kicked off the team,lying about pez. | 被踢出了球队 对Pez的事说谎 |
[23:27] | a little ‘roid rage. bad stuff happens. | 于是变得易怒 不幸就发生了 |
[23:30] | i’m pulling him in tomorrow morning. | 我明早把他叫来 |
[23:32] | thinks he’s gonna look at mug shots. | 让他看看嫌疑犯的照片 |
[23:34] | it’s kinda sad.these guys still so stuck in it. | 真有点难过 这些人始终放不下 |
[23:38] | the glory days. | 曾经的光辉岁月 |
[23:40] | i keep waiting for mine to start. | 我仍在等待属于我的辉煌降临 |
[23:42] | i’m outta here. | 我要走了 |
[23:44] | audi? what,are you 16? | Audi? 怎么 你才16岁吗? |
[23:46] | sorry,granny,i must depart. | 不好意思 奶奶 我得走了 |
[23:51] | i’ll see you guys tomorrow. | 明天见了 |
[23:52] | yep.all right. | 好 |
[23:56] | two of whatever this guy’s having. | 不管他点什么 给我双份的 |
[24:00] | oh,detective rush. | Rush警探 |
[24:03] | i’d say you we’re lookin’ smokin’ hot, | 我得说 我们看上去像在吸毒 |
[24:05] | but it’d be an inappropriation to my co-worker. | 但对我的同事来说 这举止不太合适 |
[24:08] | i wouldn’t want that. | 我也不想这样 |
[24:12] | inappropriation a word? | 仅仅是不合适? |
[24:14] | should be. | 应该是 |
[24:16] | i came over ’cause i got a question. | 我来这是想请教个问题 |
[24:19] | question away. | 有事尽管问喽 |
[24:21] | you were talking to that addict on the last job. | 上次的案子里 你和瘾君子谈过 |
[24:23] | how it is when you started using. | 吸毒后的最初感觉是怎样的? |
[24:26] | you’re free. you’re flying. | 自由自在 飘飘欲仙 |
[24:29] | sounds like you’ve been there. | 听起来像你服用过似的 |
[24:31] | so you’re thinking,”what’s a guy in na doing in a bar?” | 所以你就想 “一个正在戒毒的家伙在酒吧干嘛?” |
[24:34] | that or you’re a better liar than i am. | 或许你比我还要会说谎 |
[24:38] | liar? | 说谎? |
[24:40] | i consider us storytellers. | 我认为我们是讲故事的人 |
[24:43] | you know,like i came over ’cause i got a question. | 比如 我来这想请教个问题 |
[24:47] | – that was no “story.” – there you go again. | – 那可不是”故事” – 你又来了 |
[24:51] | – ***** – i got you,detective. | – 你真是狡猾 – 我说中了 警探 |
[25:01] | that’s what you’re having? | 这就是你点的? |
[25:03] | appletini. problem? | 苹果鸡尾酒 有问题吗? |
[25:06] | what sorority you pledge in? | 你进过什么女生联谊会? |
[25:08] | it’s good. don’t knock good. | 尝尝 味道不错 |
[25:15] | hmm,don’t knock good. | 嗯 不错 |
[25:18] | check this out. | 看看这个 |
[25:23] | you got talent. gotta say. | 不得不说 你很有才 |
[25:27] | i could teach ya. | 我可以教你 |
[25:28] | the bar trick? | 在酒吧里骗人的小伎俩? |
[25:29] | yeah,but then you have to join my sorority. | 但你必须要加入我的联谊会 |
[25:32] | are you making an inappropriation? | 你不觉得不适合吗? |
[25:41] | thanks for coming in. | 多谢光临 |
[25:43] | sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:44] | that smile for me? | 那是给我的微笑吗? |
[25:47] | the hoagie. | 是给英雄三明治的 |
[25:49] | he in there? | 他在吗? |
[25:51] | got him waiting. | 让他等着了 |
[25:58] | – morning. | – morning. – 早上好 – 早上好 |
[25:59] | – this is detective rush. – nice to meet you. | – 这位是Rush警探 – 幸会 |
[26:02] | said you might have a suspect. | 听说找到了一个嫌疑人 |
[26:04] | yeah. you. | 是的 就是你 |
[26:06] | let’s count the lies: pez,steroid use, | 数数你撒了多少谎 Pez 服用类固醇 |
[26:09] | how they booted you off the team.i miss anything? | 他们怎样把你踢出球队 我没漏什么吧? |
[26:12] | oh,yeah,the one where he had nothing to do with mike’s death. | 漏了一点 他和Mike的死无关嘛 |
[26:15] | – i didn’t. i swear. – they didn’t just kick you off the team. | – 我没干 我发誓 – 他们不只把你踏出了球队 |
[26:17] | they took away your scholarship. | 还让你的奖学金泡汤了 |
[26:19] | you didn’t keep up your grades,so they sent you packing. | 你的分数不够 他们让你打包走人 |
[26:22] | it was all mike’s fault. | 这全是Mike的错 |
[26:24] | your best friend betrayed you. | 你最好的朋友背叛了你 |
[26:26] | no way he did that.he stood up for me. | 他绝不会这么做 他很维护我 |
[26:28] | the thing with mike is that he thought with his heart. | Mike的问题就是他太感情用事 |
[26:31] | told the truth, | 直言不讳 |
[26:32] | and that can get you into trouble with some people. | 而这会招人嫉恨 |
[26:38] | hey,hold on. | 嘿 等等 |
[26:41] | taking away my scholarship,too. | 连我的奖学金也剥夺了 |
[26:45] | together we stand,my ass. | 我们并肩而战 鬼才信 |
[26:47] | i’m sorry,breeze. | 我很抱歉 微风 |
[26:50] | – i didn’t mean to do… – it’s not your fault,man. | – 我不是有意的 – 不是你的错 伙计 |
[26:53] | just… just bad luck. | 只是… 只是运气不好 |
[26:56] | there you are. | 你在这里 |
[26:57] | not now. i’m trying to save your ass from flunking.your beowulf paper was due this morning. | – 现在别找我 – 我在挽救你免遭不及格 贝奥武夫的论文今早要交 |
[27:01] | – i turned it in. – you were supposed to give it to me. | – 我交了 – 你应该交给我的 |
[27:03] | it’s half your grade.you get an f,i’m the one who takes the heat. | 它可占你一半的分数呢 你要是挂了 受苦的可是我 |
[27:06] | i got a team meeting. | 我队里还要开会 |
[27:07] | the same team who just took away the halfback scholarship? | 那个刚剥夺了中卫奖学金的球队? |
[27:09] | he gets sick,all of a sudden they got a problem with his gpa? | 知道他病了 就立马拿他的GPA说事? |
[27:12] | that’s a mistake i’m gonna fix. i’ll get breeze back on the team. | 我会弥补这个失误 我会让微风归队的 |
[27:15] | a mistake? | 失误? |
[27:17] | come on,mad dog,those ‘roids are clouding your head. | 行了 疯狗 那些类固醇令你脑袋发昏了 |
[27:19] | i’m not on steroids,you little maggot. | 我没有服用激素 你这蛆虫 |
[27:21] | so you become a warrior,and suddenly you’re benching 400 pounds? | 那你怎么进了Warrior队 一下能举起400磅的杠铃? |
[27:23] | you don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你在胡言乱语 |
[27:25] | no,it’s simple,mike. | 不 这很简单 Mike |
[27:26] | you pass,you play. team wins,school makes money. | 你通过考试 你打球 为队里赢得胜利 给学校带来受益 |
[27:29] | everybody’s happy. that’s how it works. | 大家各得其所 就是这样 |
[27:32] | you’re a dollar bill to them. | 你是他们的摇钱树 |
[27:33] | you’re the one getting paid here. | 你也是受益人之一 |
[27:35] | and if i flunk,you’re done. | 要是我没及格 你就完蛋了 |
[27:37] | i’m a dollar bill to you. | 我也是你的摇钱树 |
[27:39] | don’t worry about me. | 不用你操心 |
[27:40] | i got a life after college. | 我大学毕业后会活得很好 |
[27:41] | i wonder what would happen to your stupid fellowship | 我很好奇 若是你帮橄榄球手作弊的事被抖出来 |
[27:43] | if they knew you cheated for football players. | 他们会怎么处理你的研究生资格 |
[27:51] | that kid was pissed off. | 那小子被激怒了 |
[27:54] | you’re saying nerd bashed the fullback’s head in? | 你是说那书呆子为此打爆了后卫的脑袋? |
[27:56] | doesn’t take much to sneak up on somebody. | 不要以小人之心度他人之腹 |
[27:58] | that takes a coward,right,breeze?and it is about you. | 别敢做不敢当 微风 是你干的吧? |
[28:01] | moon took away your football career. | 月亮毁掉了你的橄榄球生涯 |
[28:04] | i was in the emergency room all day that saturday. | 星期六那天 我一整天都待在急诊室 |
[28:06] | the doctors were trying to save my kidney. | 医生正试图挽救我的肾脏 |
[28:08] | the same kidney made worse by the steroids they fed you. | 你的肾因他们给你用的激素恶化了 |
[28:11] | – yeah. – it’s the way they treated you. | – 是的 – 他们这么对你 |
[28:14] | how could you work there? | 你怎么还能在那工作? |
[28:18] | it’s the only thing i got. | 这是我唯一的回报 |
[28:22] | i tell you what. | 我跟你说吧 |
[28:25] | in that backfield with moon… | 和月亮在后场待着的时光… |
[28:28] | still the best days of my life. | 始终是我生命中最快乐的日子 |
[28:34] | quit shoving me,man!i got rights! | 别推我! 我有权利告你! |
[28:36] | can it or i tighten the bracelets. | 你能还是我把你的手铐拷紧点 |
[28:45] | who’s she? | 她是谁? |
[28:46] | detective rush. she’s cool. | Rush警探 她很酷 |
[28:49] | well,then get these damn things off me,man. | 那可以把这该死的东西 从我身上解下来吗 伙计 |
[28:52] | that glorious stench?chanel dumpster no. 5. | 一股恶臭? 恶心的香奈儿5号香水味 |
[28:56] | that’s all right.captain says you’re gonna remember what it’s like to stink real soon. | 好极了 队长说你马上就会记住 什么是真正发臭的东西了 |
[29:00] | you going someplace,saccardo? | 你要去哪里 Saccardo? |
[29:01] | joint operation with the feds coming down.just waiting to hear. | 和派来的联邦调查局探员共同行动 随时待命 |
[29:05] | send me a postcard. | 给我寄张明信片 |
[29:14] | uh,yeah,no,i’m not kidding. | 不 我没在开玩笑 |
[29:16] | it’s about the hit-and-run report you filed 30 years ago. | 有关30年前撞车逃逸事件的报告 |
[29:20] | yeah,a red duster hit your car near the university around 10:00 a.m. | 一辆红色德斯特车于上午10点左右 在大学附近撞了你的车 |
[29:25] | yeah. | 是的 |
[29:29] | did you get a look at the driver? | 你看清司机的脸了吗? |
[29:34] | uh,it says in the report the duster that hit your car had no plates. | 据报告说 那辆撞你车的德斯特车没有车牌号 |
[29:39] | dealer plates or no plates? | 挂临时车牌号还是没有车牌? |
[29:43] | um,my assistant wants to know if they were dealer plates. | 我的助理想知道是否挂临时车牌 |
[29:47] | yeah. thanks,pal. | 好的 谢谢 伙计 |
[29:51] | dealer plates. | 临时车牌 |
[29:53] | suspect was fleeing the scene in a brand-spanking-new car. | 嫌犯开一辆拉风的新车逃离现场 |
[29:57] | let’s find us a duster. | 把那辆德斯特车找出来 |
[30:01] | so how’d you afford grad school with no loans? | 没有贷款 你怎么念研究生的? |
[30:04] | what does this have to do with mike mcshane? | 这和Mike McShane的死有什么关系吗? |
[30:06] | mike was gonna tell those fancy scholarship guys you were a cheat. | Mike打算向管奖学金的那些家伙 告发你的欺骗行为 |
[30:10] | you knew after mike left the tickets,he’d take the shortcut back to the dorm. | 你知道Mike留票后 他会抄小路回宿舍 |
[30:14] | you wait for him,professor? | 于是你就在路上等着他 教授? |
[30:15] | – if you think… – we think… | – 如果你们认为… – 我们认为… |
[30:18] | you saw mike again. | 你见着了Mike |
[30:20] | bashed the guy’s head in. | 怒击他的头部 |
[30:21] | all right,i was mad at him! | 不错 我对他非常恼火! |
[30:32] | maybe it was my fault. | 也许是我的错 |
[30:35] | – your fault? – if i just hadn’t, | – 我的错? – 要是我没有 |
[30:38] | i don’t know,shined the light… | 我不知道 挑明一切… |
[30:43] | maybe he’d be alive. | 他也许就不会死 |
[30:45] | (“blue sky” playing) | 背景音乐: 蓝色天空乐队的音乐 |
[30:53] | i just met with a doctor in town. | 我刚看了城里的一位医生 |
[30:56] | he said i had signs of liver damage. | 他说我肝脏出了点问题 |
[30:59] | side effect of steroids. | 服用类固醇的副作用 |
[31:03] | i can’t believe they did this to me. | 难以置信他们竟这样对我 |
[31:07] | to all of us. | 对我们所有的人 |
[31:11] | i should have listened to you | 我当初应该听你的 |
[31:13] | – about a lot of things. – i don’t know anything. | – 关于很多事情都该听你的 – 我其实也不知道什么 |
[31:18] | i stopped by your english prof’s office. | 我去你英语老师的办公室了 |
[31:20] | just graded your beowulf paper. | 正好在批改你那篇关于贝奥武夫的论文 |
[31:22] | – how bad was it? | – 很糟糕吧? – 你凭自己的实力得了个B+ |
[31:26] | no way. | 不可能 |
[31:28] | maybe i should have listened to you. | 也许我也该听你的 |
[31:31] | don’t get all sappy on me,you little twerp. | 别老在我面前这么多愁善感 你个呆子 |
[31:33] | – you still gonna play tomorrow? – why? | – 你明天还打球吗? – 怎么这样问? |
[31:36] | just figured maybe you weren’t gonna be playing for those idiots anymore. | 只是觉得你不想再为那些笨蛋打球了 |
[31:38] | fall football… | 秋季橄榄球赛… |
[31:41] | chill in the air, | 空气都是寒冷的 |
[31:43] | pads cracking,fans screaming, | 肩垫都爆了 粉丝们在尖叫 |
[31:46] | going so hard you think you might die,but then you don’t. | 前行是那样艰难 你总觉得自己要死了 但后来又没死 |
[31:50] | they can’t take that away. | 他们不能夺走这些 |
[31:54] | let him who may win glory before death: for that is best. | “让那些能做到的人 在死亡之前获得荣誉吧” |
[31:57] | at last for the departed warrior. | “最终为了那离去的勇士(Warriors)” (取自贝奥武甫的史诗原句) |
[32:02] | you really did read it. | 你真的读过贝奥武甫了 |
[32:03] | i’ll leave you tickets for the game. | 我把比赛的票留给你 |
[32:08] | hey… i thought of a nickname for you. | 嘿… 我为你想了个绰号 |
[32:13] | i was gonna go with “bones,”but then it hit me… | 原本是”白骨精” 但我突然想到… |
[32:16] | wiglaf. | 贝奥武甫的外甥 与其一起诛杀火龙 并继承他的王位 |
[32:19] | thanks,bad moon. | 谢谢 坏月亮 |
[32:26] | wiglaf. that’s from beowulf. | Wiglaf 那是贝奥武甫里面的人物 |
[32:29] | yeah,the only warrior who stood by beowulf at the end. | 是最后唯一和贝奥武甫并肩战斗的人 |
[32:35] | helped him slay the dragon. | 帮助他诛杀了恶龙 |
[32:37] | – mike’s way of saying thanks. – i guess so. | – 我想这是Mike表达谢意的方式 – 我想是的 |
[32:40] | did mike tell you what he was gonna do? | Mike对你说过他想做什么吗? |
[32:42] | he said he was gonna talk to coach walters about breeze. | 他说他要去和Walters教练谈谈微风的事 |
[32:46] | thought he’d never have the chance,but now… | 我想他不会有机会的 但现在 |
[32:48] | you think mike stood up to walters. | 你认为Mike和Walters挑明了? |
[32:50] | would have been the first,that’s for sure. | 那是第一次 肯定的 |
[33:03] | you got a lot to answer for,coach, | 教练 你有很多要坦白的 |
[33:06] | treating those players like disposable meat. | 你对待球员们就像对待一块午餐肉 |
[33:10] | they were treated like kings. | 我把他们当国王对待 |
[33:12] | yeah? | 是吗? |
[33:13] | breeze,too? | 微风也一样吗? |
[33:16] | breeze got sick. | 他病了 |
[33:17] | because of your steroid program. | 因为参与了你的类固醇计划 |
[33:20] | mike ever come to you,to talk about it? | Mike去跟你说过这件事吗? |
[33:24] | yeah,he came to me. friday night. | 是的 他去了 周五晚上 |
[33:27] | not saturday morning.that’s convenient for you. | 不是周六上午 你就这样撇清了 |
[33:30] | i was with the coaching staff all saturday morning. | 我整个周六上午都和教练们在一起 |
[33:33] | then about 70,000 witnesses saw me on the sidelines. | 大概有7万名目击者在场边看见我 |
[33:36] | why don’t you call one? | 你怎么不叫个人来作证? |
[33:37] | you like that,don’t you? | 你喜欢这样 是吧? |
[33:39] | fans cheering. | 球迷们的欢呼 |
[33:41] | all that glory on saturdays. | 周六得到的所有荣誉 |
[33:43] | bet you’d do anything to keep it. | 我打赌你会做任何事来保护它 |
[33:45] | anything to shut mike up. | 做一切让Mike闭嘴的事情 |
[33:47] | – i didn’t kill mike. – then what did you say to him? | – 我没有杀Mike – 那你跟他谈了些什么? |
[33:50] | not a hell of a lot… | 没怎么谈… |
[33:55] | but with breeze off the team,he loses his scholarship. | 但微风的离队 使他失去了奖学金 |
[33:57] | if he can’t keep his grades up… | 如果他成绩够高的话… |
[33:59] | but that was never a problem when he was starting. was it? | 当他还是首发队员时 这从来不是问题 是吗? |
[34:05] | he’s given everything to the team. | 他把一切都献给了球队 |
[34:09] | i mean,together we stand,right,coach? | 我们并肩而战 对吗 教练? |
[34:11] | finished? | 说完了? |
[34:12] | – i-i just think that we need to… – get the hell out of my office. | – 我 我只是想我们要… – 滚出我的办公室 |
[34:18] | – you don’t give a rat’s ass about us,do you? – watch yourself,boy. | – 你对我们根本是漠不关心 是吗? – 小心点 小鬼 |
[34:23] | walk away | 滚出去 |
[34:25] | before you lose your own damn scholarship. | 在你失去你的奖学金之前 |
[34:27] | – you’d do that,wouldn’t you? – put your pads on tomorrow | – 你真会这样做的 是吧? – 明天带好你的护肩 |
[34:30] | and be a warrior. | 做个真正的Warrior(勇士) |
[34:35] | i will never put on a warrior jersey again, | 我再也不会穿上Warrior的队服了 |
[34:37] | you son of a bitch. | 你个狗犊子 |
[34:47] | and you let that stand? | 然后你就放任他那样做? |
[34:49] | he would’ve played. | 他会去比赛的 |
[34:51] | they always do. | 他们总是那样 |
[34:52] | besides… | 此外… |
[34:54] | …not my job to mollycoddle players. | …我的任务不是去纵容队员 |
[34:57] | now,that’s what the boosters are for,right? | 这是赞助商要做的事 是吗? |
[35:00] | take ’em to dinner,slip the players cash. | 带他们去吃饭 贿赂队员 |
[35:02] | – handle a mess like mike. – your point? | – 处理Mike这样的紧急情况 – 你要说什么? |
[35:06] | steve pratt did the dirty work. | Steve Pratt做的恶人 |
[35:09] | you called him,right? | 你给他打电话了 是吗? |
[35:15] | after all these years,still beholden to steve pratt. | 这么多年后还欠Steve Pratt人情 |
[35:20] | you needed your new stadium,right? | 你要一个新球场 是吗? |
[35:26] | this used to be a game,coach. | 橄榄球过去只是一种游戏 教练 |
[35:29] | you ever miss that? | 你不怀念那个年代吗? |
[35:42] | george! | |
[35:44] | you folks being helped? | 需要帮忙吗? |
[35:45] | steve pratt sent us. | Steve Pratt叫我们来的 |
[35:47] | why didn’t you say so? | 你们怎么不早说? |
[35:49] | you affiliated with the program? | 你们也玩过橄榄球吗? |
[35:50] | class of ’92. | 92届的 |
[35:52] | looking for a duster. | 想要找辆德斯特车 |
[35:54] | they stopped making those in the ’70s. | 他们70年代就不生产了 |
[35:56] | we used to sell a ton of ’em. | 我们以前卖出过成千上万辆 |
[35:58] | steve said he test-drove in one once. that true? | Steve说他试驾过一次 是真的吗? |
[36:01] | sure.the players loved ’em. | 是的 队员们很喜欢 |
[36:04] | tell us more. | 多说点 |
[36:09] | looked you up in some old warrior programs,steve. | 我们在过去Warrior球队的文件里 查找你 Steve |
[36:12] | can’t seem to find your game stats. | 找不到你的比赛数据 |
[36:14] | well,i was on the team. | 我是球队的一员 |
[36:17] | we went to the orange bowl. | 我们得到了 橘子碗 (美国大学联盟的杯赛奖杯之一) |
[36:19] | but you never played. | 但是你没踢过球 |
[36:20] | does that even count? | 算数吗? |
[36:23] | it counts. | 算的 |
[36:25] | well,you’ve been pretending you’re somebody else for a long time | 你已经伪装了很久 |
[36:28] | ’cause you were nothing like bad moon. | 你一点都不像坏月亮 |
[36:30] | well,you were… warming the bench. | 你就是个替补的 |
[36:34] | together we… sit. | 并肩而……坐 |
[36:37] | you two… don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. | 你们…你们知道自己在说什么吗? |
[36:40] | mike was like a son to you. | Mike就像你的儿子 |
[36:42] | must have stung when he said he was leaving the team. | 他离队 你一定像心被扎了一下 |
[36:44] | he was his own man. | 他有权自己做决定 |
[36:47] | you try and talk to him? i mean he must have come to you. | 你试着跟他谈过吗? 我想他一定找你谈过 |
[36:49] | if it was… just a talking-to,that we can understand. | 如果仅仅是谈话 我们可以理解 |
[36:58] | i had a chat with your buddy at the dodge dealership over in roxborough. | 我和你在Roxborough做道奇车经销商的 朋友谈过了 |
[37:02] | he lent you a red duster the morning mike was killed. | Mike死的那天上午他借给你 一辆红色德斯特车 |
[37:05] | same one you returned after the hit-and-run. | 就是你撞车逃逸后归还的那辆车 |
[37:08] | you know,there’s gotta be some mistake. | 肯定哪里搞错了 |
[37:11] | no mistake. | 我们没搞错 |
[37:12] | got a tailgater who id’d you driving away from the crime scene at 9:30. | 有个跟在你身后驾驶的人 认出你在九点半驶离现场 |
[37:18] | well,i can go get our witness right now. | 我现在就可以传唤目击者 |
[37:22] | they’ll put you through a lineup,lie detector… | 他们会要你站在一排人中 让证人来指认你 或用测谎仪 |
[37:25] | up to you. | 你自己看着办 |
[37:33] | you took him for a drive just…to talk. | 你带他乘车兜风就是…为了谈谈 |
[37:37] | right? to…work it out. | 是吗? 为了解决问题 |
[37:39] | you always had a way with those kids,didn’t you? | 你对那些孩子总有一套 不是吗? |
[37:42] | just… went for a drive to talk. | 只是 带他乘车兜风谈谈 |
[37:46] | you were the father he never had. | 你就像他从未有过的父亲 |
[37:48] | always tried to be there for him. | 总是尽力支持他 |
[37:51] | well,you gave everything to mike. | 你给了Mikey一切 |
[37:54] | you rescued him from his small town. | 你把他从他住的小镇上拯救出来 |
[37:55] | yeah. you threw parties.you took him to fancy restaurants. | 你为他举办派对 带他去豪华餐馆 |
[37:59] | you made that kid. | 你造就了他 |
[38:01] | i treated him like a son. | 我把他当儿子看 |
[38:03] | and how does mike thank you? | 那Milke怎么报答你的? |
[38:05] | stirring up trouble. | 闯祸 |
[38:07] | – going behind your back. – the coach calls you to fix it. | – 背着你闯祸 – 教练要你处理好这件事 |
[38:10] | that’s your job: to take care of it. | 这就是你的职责:处理好这件事 |
[38:12] | well,mike starts talking,you lose everything. | Mike一开口 你就失去了一切 |
[38:14] | and the games,the parties… | 输了比赛 去不成派对… |
[38:16] | a son. | 还失去了一个儿子 |
[38:19] | i tried. | 我试过了 |
[38:21] | i tried to tell him not to do it. | 我想叫他不要那样做 |
[38:24] | not to do what,steve? | 不做什么 Steve? |
[38:27] | tell us what happened,steve. | 告诉我们发生了什么 Steve |
[38:29] | tell us so you don’t have to live with this anymore. | 告诉我们后你就不会再背负这些了 |
[38:33] | god help me. | 上帝救救我 |
[38:44] | well…i was gonna wait till after the game,but… | 我想等赛后再给你的 但是… |
[38:48] | that’s all yours,son. | 这是你的了 小子 |
[38:51] | you deserve it. | 你应得的 |
[38:53] | imagine driving through campus in this baby. | 想想开着这个穿过校园 |
[38:55] | pretty blonde riding shotgun… | 漂亮的金发少年坐在前座 |
[38:57] | you think this is about a car? | 你觉得这一切是为了车? |
[39:05] | what? | 什么? |
[39:07] | don’t you get it?you’re ruining the game i love. | 你还不懂吗?你毁了我爱的比赛 |
[39:09] | – you’re thinking too much,mike. – you don’t want me to think. | – 你想太多了 Mike – 你就是不想让我思考 |
[39:11] | you pump us full of steroids without telling us. | 你给我们打了很多类固醇 而不告诉我们 |
[39:13] | – those things help you. – it’s cheating. | – 那些东西能帮你们赢 – 这是作弊 |
[39:16] | it isn’t right. | 这不对 |
[39:18] | look,i came here to play ball and get a degree. | 我是为了拿学位打球的 |
[39:20] | well,guess what? you don’t play,you don’t get a degree. | 知道吗? 你不打球 就拿不到学位 |
[39:22] | – okay? so buck up. – my grades are good. | – 不是吗? 算了吧 – 我的成绩很好 |
[39:25] | – i can get a scholarship anywhere in the country. – mike,come on. okay? | – 我可以在国内任何地方拿到奖学金 – Mike 求你了 好吗? |
[39:28] | nobody’s talking about you leaving here. | 没人要你离队 |
[39:30] | i’m not staying unless breeze does, | 我不会留下 除非微风留下 |
[39:32] | unless certain things change. | 除非改变某些事 |
[39:33] | oh,my god. what the hell is wrong with you? | 天哪 你到底怎么了? |
[39:35] | do you have any idea how lucky you are? | 你不知道你多幸运吗? |
[39:38] | – how stupid you’re being right now? – i trusted you. | – 你现在多么犯傻啊 – 我信任过你 |
[39:42] | you know,i-i actually th… | 你知道吗 我 我真的… |
[39:46] | i was wrong. | 我错了 |
[39:48] | oh,what,about me? is that what you’re saying? | 什么 看错了我? 你是这个意思吗? |
[39:50] | i discovered you. | 我发掘了你 |
[39:52] | okay? i made you everything you are.you’d still be pumping gas back in latrobe. | 是我给了你现在的一切 如果没有我 你还在Latrobe做加油工 |
[39:55] | – that’s not true. – you’ve eaten at my table. | – 这不是真的 – 你跟我同桌吃饭 |
[39:57] | you never said no to a freebie,did you? | 免费的东西你从不拒绝 不是嘛? |
[39:59] | $50 here,$50 there. | 这里花50元 那里花50元 |
[40:00] | – that was for books. – you think this is easy? | – 是为了买书 – 你认为这很容易吗? |
[40:02] | everything i do for you? for all my boys? | 我为你们做的一切?为我的队员们做的一切? |
[40:06] | – your boys? – yeah! | – 你的队员? – 是啊! |
[40:08] | your boys think you’re a joke. | 你的队员们认为你是个笑柄 |
[40:10] | – what’d you say? – you’re a benchwarmer. | – 你说什么? – 你就是个坐板凳的家伙 |
[40:12] | – you’re trying to relive glory you never had in the first place. – you..!! | – 你想得到本不属于你的荣誉 – 你..!! |
[40:14] | – shut your mouth. – no! if you’re what being a warrior is, | – 闭嘴 – 不! 如果你是真正的Warrior队员 |
[40:17] | forget it. | 你得了吧 |
[40:56] | (“reelin’ in the years” by steely dan) | 背景音乐: Rreelin’ In The Years-by Steely Dan |
[40:57] | * your everlasting summer,you can see it fading fast * | |
[41:00] | * so you grab a piece of something * | |
[41:02] | * that you think is gonna last * | |
[41:03] | * but you wouldn’t even know a diamond * | |
[41:05] | * if you held it in your hand * | |
[41:07] | * the things you think are precious,i can’t understand * | |
[41:10] | * are you reelin’ in the years * | |
[41:15] | * stowin’ away the time? * | |
[41:18] | * are you gatherin’ up the tears? * | |
[41:21] | * have you had enough of mine? * | |
[41:25] | * are you reelin’ in the years? * | |
[41:29] | * stowin’ away the time? * | |
[41:32] | * are you gatherin’ up the tears? * | |
[41:35] | * have you had enough of mine? * | |
[41:41] | * you’ve been telling me you’re a genius * | |
[41:42] | * since you were 17 * | |
[41:44] | * in all the time i’ve known you * | |
[41:45] | * i still don’t know what you mean * | |
[41:47] | * the weekend at the college * | |
[41:49] | * didn’t turn out like you planned * | |
[41:51] | * the things that pass for knowledge,i can’t understand * | |
[41:54] | * are you reelin’ in the years? * | |
[41:58] | * stowin’ away the time? * | |
[42:01] | * are you gatherin’ up the tears? * | |
[42:05] | * have you had enough of mine? * | |
[42:09] | * are you reelin’ in the years? * | |
[42:12] | * stowin’ away the time? * | |
[42:16] | * are you gatherin’ up the tears? * | |
[42:19] | * have you had enough of mine? * | |
[42:49] | YTET | – 看到lily粉开心的邦德猪 |