时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – You got another headache? – It’s nothing. | -你又头痛了 -没事 |
[00:06] | Got a new one for the overrated list. | 又发现一个估值过高的公司 |
[00:07] | Might even surpass Kurt Cobain. | 可能比科特·柯本[涅槃乐队主唱]还要被高估 |
[00:10] | – More overrated than the Mona Lisa? – Definitely. | -比蒙娜丽莎价格还要高 -毫无疑问 |
[00:12] | Frank Lloyd Wright? | 弗兰克·劳埃德·赖特 |
[00:13] | Why is he the architect who gets to be famous? | 他这个建筑师为什么会那么有名呢 |
[00:18] | What the hell is this? | 这到底是什么情况 |
[00:19] | I’m supposed to be on a plane to Houston. I’ve got a car… | 我应该在飞往休斯顿的飞机上 我的车… |
[00:21] | I came to you 15 years ago for a job. | 十五年前我来你这里找工作 |
[00:23] | Know what you said? | 知道你说了什么吗 |
[00:25] | I don’t have time for this crap. | 我没时间听这些废话 |
[00:26] | Sit down, Harvey. | 坐下 哈维 |
[00:30] | You said I was a state college punk. | 你说我是州立大学出品的小阿飞 |
[00:32] | Said you only took Wharton, Ivy League guys. | 你只招沃顿和常春藤联盟的学生 |
[00:35] | Basically called me a loser. | 基本上你就说我是个废物 |
[00:37] | I’m a lot of things, but a loser I ain’t. | 你说我什么都行 就是不能叫我废物 |
[00:39] | Your point? | 你想说什么 |
[00:39] | Point is, I just got off the phone with your board. | 我想说 我刚和你们董事会通过电话 |
[00:42] | They’ve agreed to a buyout offer I made last night. | 他们同意我昨晚提出的收购计划 |
[00:44] | What? | 什么 |
[00:45] | I now own 51% of your company. | 我现在拥有公司百分之五十一的股份 |
[00:49] | That means this state college loser is your boss. | 我这个州立大学的小阿飞现在是你老板了 |
[00:52] | Guess what? You’re fired, Harv. | 你猜怎么着 你被解雇了 哈维 |
[00:56] | Now, as for the rest of you on Harvey’s team, don’t worry. | 至于哈维团队其他的人 别担心 |
[00:58] | I’m sure you can find a new home | 我保证你们这些无能鼠辈 |
[01:00] | for your malaise and incompetence. | 会有合适的归宿 |
[01:03] | As for… | 而… |
[01:07] | How the hell did a seagull get in here? | 海鸥是怎么飞进来的 |
[01:14] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[01:22] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[01:27] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[01:27] | You ever going to call home, Jay? | 你到底有没有想过打电话回家 杰 |
[01:28] | Busy paying for your next trip to Cabo, Buttercup. | 忙着攒钱好让你下次去卡博呀 亲爱的 |
[01:31] | So you still haven’t talked to Dr. Lason about your tests? | 那你还没问过拉森医生你的化验结果 |
[01:33] | No. | 没 |
[01:35] | I did. | 我问了 |
[01:37] | It’s bad news, Jay. | 杰 是个坏消息 |
[01:39] | It’s the worst. | 最坏的消息 |
[02:09] | 死因\h\h\h\h\h\h\h\h 患者姓名 杰·德雷顿 恶性胶质瘤 恶性脑肿瘤 | |
[02:21] | Everyone’s talking about you and that ADA. | 每个人都在说你和那个地区检察官的事 |
[02:24] | What’s to talk about? | 有什么好说的 |
[02:25] | How much you guys “hate” each other. | 你们有多”讨厌”对方什么的 |
[02:28] | That’s right, we do. | 说得对 非常讨厌 |
[02:31] | What? | 怎么 |
[02:34] | Morning, boss. | 早上好 头儿 |
[02:35] | Morning. What’d the ME want? | 早上好 法医想怎么样 |
[02:36] | Ever hear of Larry Kenick? | 听过拉里·肯尼克这个名字吗 |
[02:38] | So-called angel of death nurse? | 就是号称护士界的地狱天使 |
[02:39] | Jackson Hospital. | 杰克逊医院的 |
[02:40] | Just fessed up to killing six dying patients in the last decade. | 承认在过去十年里谋杀了六个垂死病人 |
[02:43] | Yeah, took ’em out with heavy doses of morphine. | 对 都是注射过量的吗啡致死 |
[02:46] | Now Frannie’s reviewing all the other deaths happened on his watch. | 佛兰妮在复查其余他当值时去世的患者 |
[02:48] | She find something? | 她发现了什么 |
[02:49] | Guy named Jay Dratton. | 有个叫杰·德雷顿的 |
[02:51] | 40 years old, brain tumor. | 40岁 脑癌 |
[02:52] | Died weeks before anticipated. | 比预计提前几周去世 |
[02:54] | Frannie thinks his narcotic levels were on the high side. | 佛兰妮认为他体内麻醉剂量偏高 |
[02:57] | And Kenick was his nurse when he suddenly flat-lined. | 他猝死的时候肯尼克就是他的护士 |
[03:00] | So maybe he was the angel’s seventh victim? | 所以也许他就是天使的第七个受害者 |
[03:02] | Or someone really had it in for this Dratton. | 或者真有人对德雷顿怀恨在心 |
[03:05] | Otherwise, why kill someone who’s literally on his deathbed? | 不然为什么要杀死一个将死之人呢 |
[03:46] | Where are you going, mom? | 妈 你要去哪里 |
[03:49] | Bars are closed. | 酒吧都关门了 |
[03:53] | Mom, the doctor said if you drink any more, you’re going to die. | 妈 医生说过你再喝酒就要死了 |
[03:55] | It’s that simple. | 就是那么简单 |
[03:58] | Doctor has it backwards. | 医生说反了 |
[04:00] | I die if I don’t. | 我再不喝酒就要死了 |
[04:04] | – You’re staying here. – Don’t bully me, Lilly. | -你得留在这里 -别欺负我 莉莉 |
[04:06] | I’m your mother. I’m not a murder suspect. | 我是你妈 不是谋杀嫌疑犯 |
[04:08] | I always wondered | 我总在想 |
[04:09] | who that drunk woman was driving me to school. | 那个喝醉了还开车送我上学的女人是谁 |
[04:11] | Well, maybe you should have asked your father for a ride. | 也许你该让你爸开车送你 |
[04:13] | If you hadn’t sent him packing. | 如果你没撵走他的话 |
[04:17] | He left. | 他是走了 |
[04:19] | I stayed. | 可我留下来了 |
[04:21] | Do you remember you used to have those bad dreams? | 还记得你以前总作噩梦吗 |
[04:24] | I would read to you all night just to calm you down. | 是我整晚给你讲故事 让你安静下来 |
[04:28] | I was there, Lilly. | 是我陪着你 莉莉 |
[04:29] | And now you’re just making stuff up. | 你是在瞎编乱造 |
[04:34] | My mother used to work so hard. | 我妈以前工作多么努力 |
[04:37] | Eight hours a day at a department store, and then… | 在百货商店每天工作八小时 然后 |
[04:39] | back home, make dinner for us. | 回家 给我们做饭 |
[04:42] | I was always so proud of her. | 我以前总是为她而自豪 |
[04:47] | I’ll make some tea. | 我去泡点茶 |
[04:49] | I’ll stay with you a while. | 我会留下来陪你一会儿 |
[04:52] | I’m going to do what I want, Lilly. | 我要做自己想做的事 莉莉 |
[04:55] | You can’t push me around. | 别对我发号施令 |
[05:09] | Fine. You want to kill yourself? | 好吧 你不要命了是吗 |
[05:11] | There’s nothing I can do to stop you. | 我也拦不住 |
[05:26] | Jay Dratton. | 杰·德雷顿 |
[05:28] | Hedge fund manager, self-made millionaire. | 对冲基金经理 白手起家的百万富翁 |
[05:30] | Living the good life in Bucks County. | 在巴克士郡过着幸福的生活 |
[05:32] | Beautiful wife, beautiful house. | 有美丽的妻子 漂亮的房子 |
[05:34] | Then cancer hits. | 结果得了癌症 |
[05:35] | Two months after the diagnosis, guy’s on his deathbed. | 诊断结果出来两个月 人就不行了 |
[05:38] | And he couldn’t take those beautiful millions with him. | 他也带不走那么多钱 |
[05:40] | Anything hinky in the will? | 遗嘱有问题吗 |
[05:41] | No. Wife and son got it all. | 没 全留给了妻子和儿子 |
[05:43] | Nurse found an open notebook at Jay’s bedside. | 护士在杰的床边发现一本打开的笔记本 |
[05:45] | The name “Louise” on it. | 上面写着名字”路易丝” |
[05:47] | Girlfriend on the side. | 地下情人 |
[05:48] | So far, no luck tracking down any Louise connected to him. | 目前还没找到任何跟他有关叫路易丝的人 |
[05:51] | Well, Scotty and Lil are out at Chester Prison, | 史考特和阿莉在切斯特监狱 |
[05:53] | starting with the good nurse Kenick. | 从护士肯尼克入手调查 |
[05:55] | Hope they don’t cough around him. | 他们可别在他旁边咳嗽 |
[06:07] | You know, my granddad had ALS. | 我祖父就得了肌肉萎缩性侧面硬化病 |
[06:09] | Was a boxer, | 以前是个拳击手 |
[06:10] | couldn’t hold up a spoon in the end. | 到最后连个汤匙都拿不起 |
[06:12] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[06:13] | Suffered for weeks before he died. | 挣扎了好几个星期还是去世了 |
[06:15] | Still don’t know the point of that. | 真不知道那样有什么意义 |
[06:16] | Hmm. There’s always hope, right? | 总是有希望的 对吗 |
[06:18] | Well, you know you can put down a dog if it’s in pain? | 如果一只狗很痛苦 你可以杀了它 |
[06:21] | Or a cat. Yeah. | 猫也是 对 |
[06:23] | Why not us? | 那为什么人不可以 |
[06:28] | You like playing god, Larry? | 你喜欢扮演上帝吗 拉里 |
[06:30] | No, | 不是 |
[06:31] | but you know what I do like? | 可你知道我喜欢什么吗 |
[06:33] | Dignity. | 尊严 |
[06:34] | I’ve seen men scream when they lose it. | 我见过男人尖叫 毫无尊严可言 |
[06:36] | Seen women beg to die with it while they still can. | 也见过女人在清醒的时候祈求死得有尊严 |
[06:38] | Well, two of the six people you killed were in a coma. | 被你杀死的六个人里有两个处于昏迷状态 |
[06:41] | They weren’t begging for anything. | 他们不可能祈求什么 |
[06:42] | Their brains were cabbage. No chance of recovery. | 他们就是植物人 没有康复的希望了 |
[06:45] | That how you felt about Jay Dratton? | 你觉得杰·德雷顿也是这样 |
[06:47] | No. Jay was something else. | 不 杰完全不一样 |
[06:50] | If anyone was going to beat cancer by sheer willpower, it was that guy. | 他是那种想纯粹靠意志力来战胜癌症的人 |
[06:54] | But he was losing, in pain. | 不过他输了 是在痛苦中死去的 |
[06:56] | Patient records show you checked on him an hour before he died. | 病人病历显示你在他死前一小时查过房 |
[06:59] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[06:59] | Then I left to make other rounds. | 然后我就走了 去看其他病人 |
[07:02] | – While the morphine kicked in. – No. | -等着吗啡起作用 -不是 |
[07:05] | I helped people who had lost their will. | 我帮的都是那些放弃希望的人 |
[07:07] | Jay had nothing but will. | 杰意志力非常坚定 |
[07:09] | So you being his nurse that night-just coincidence? | 所以那天晚上你是他的护士 只是巧合 |
[07:12] | Lady, I’ve confessed to helping six people pass on with dignity. | 女士 我承认帮助六个人有尊严地死去 |
[07:15] | I got nothing to hide. | 我没什么可隐瞒的 |
[07:17] | He ever mention someone named Louise? | 他有提起过路易丝这个人吗 |
[07:20] | Not to me. But… | 没跟我提过 不过 |
[07:22] | he and I weren’t exactly chatty. | 他和我都不怎么健谈 |
[07:24] | First day I saw the guy, I knew to back off. | 我第一天见那家伙 就知道要保持距离 |
[07:29] | Well, Jay, you have a grade 4 glioblastoma multiforme… | 杰 你是第四期多型性神经胶母细胞瘤 |
[07:33] | In English, please. | 说英语 拜托了 |
[07:37] | Tell it like it is, doc. | 照实说 医生 |
[07:39] | You have a tennis ball-size tumor in the back of your head. | 你脑后方长了一个网球大小的肿瘤 |
[07:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:45] | So we cut it out. | 那我们把它切掉 |
[07:46] | It’s in an inaccessible area. | 那个区域没法手术 |
[07:49] | – You wouldn’t, uh… – Spit it out. | -你可能… -有话直说 |
[07:51] | – I wouldn’t survive the surgery? – That’s right. | -如果动手术我就会死吗 -是的 |
[07:54] | Chemo. | 化疗 |
[07:56] | Radiation. | 放疗 |
[07:57] | Treatment isn’t an option. | 治疗已经无效 |
[07:58] | The cancer has spread to your spine. | 癌细胞已经扩散到脊柱 |
[08:00] | At best, you have three months to live. | 你最多还有三个月的时间 |
[08:03] | This is, uh, Larry Kenick, | 这是拉里·肯尼克 |
[08:06] | a nurse in our hospice program. | 我们的临终关怀护士 |
[08:07] | He’ll be at your beck and call. | 他可以随时为你服务 |
[08:08] | Uh, what can we expect to happen? | 会出现什么情况 |
[08:10] | Short-term memory loss, confusion. | 丧失短期记忆 思维混乱 |
[08:13] | Maybe hallucinations. | 也许会出现幻觉 |
[08:18] | – Is this what they teach in medical school? – I’m sorry? | -这就是医学院教你的吗 -什么 |
[08:21] | Giving up like France? | 像二战时法国人那样投降吗 |
[08:23] | – You said tell it like it is. – I did… | -你说让我实话实说的 -是的… |
[08:26] | and I will. | 以后也是 |
[08:27] | I’m going to beat this. | 我会战胜它的 |
[08:29] | It’s a simple fact, like today’s Tuesday. | 这是个简单的事实 就像今天是周二 |
[08:31] | Like your golf tie is absurd and inappropriate. | 就像你的高尔夫领带很荒唐一样 |
[08:34] | I know guys who have survived cancer. The key is attitude. | 我知道有人战胜了癌症 关键是态度 |
[08:38] | Defeat ain’t an option. It’s nonnegotiable. | 绝不认输 决不妥协 |
[08:41] | – I’m not saying give up hope. – Then hope it is. | -我没说要放弃希望 -那就拥抱希望 |
[08:45] | Put me through the most aggressive treatment possible. | 给我采取最激进的治疗方案 |
[08:48] | Go crazy. | 放手去做 |
[08:50] | Write a paper about me. | 把我的治疗写成论文 |
[08:52] | I’m sorry I don’t have better news. | 我很抱歉我没能带来好消息 |
[08:58] | Jay, why do this to yourself? | 杰 为什么要这样对你自己 |
[09:01] | Gee, honey, I was sort of hoping you’d want me to live. | 亲爱的 我还以为你会想让我活下去的 |
[09:03] | That’s not what I’m saying. | 我不是那个意思 |
[09:04] | Bet you’re shopping for black dresses in your head right now. | 我打赌你现在脑子里想的是去买丧服 |
[09:06] | Jay! | 杰 |
[09:07] | What looks better with crocodile tears: | 穿什么比较配鳄鱼的眼泪呢 |
[09:09] | Armani or Gucci? | 阿玛尼还是古驰 |
[09:10] | Admit it, you’re rooting for the cancer. | 承认吧 你希望我快点死 |
[09:15] | Cancer can’t get you fast enough, Jay. | 得癌症死得不够快啊 杰 |
[09:17] | I hope it hurts. | 希望你受尽折磨 |
[09:23] | – Jay always that combative? – Not to mention the wife. | -杰总是那么好斗吗 -他老婆也一样 |
[09:26] | Classic rich couple. Had everything, still miserable. | 经典的富豪夫妻 拥有一切却依然痛苦 |
[09:29] | Your alibi sucks, Kenick. | 你的不在场证明真烂 肯尼克 |
[09:31] | We might be back to hear a little more about dignity. | 我们可能会再回来谈点尊严的问题 |
[09:34] | Oh, I’ll be here. | 好的 我等着你们 |
[09:37] | The loving wife inherited three million bucks, right? | 体贴的妻子继承了三百万美元的遗产 |
[09:40] | Maybe the cancer didn’t move fast enough for her. | 也许对她而言癌症恶化的速度还不够快 |
[09:46] | Sounds like you and your husband hated the sight of each other, Caroline. | 听说你和你丈夫彼此厌恶 卡罗琳 |
[09:52] | Wasn’t how it always was, but it’s how we ended up. | 起初并非如此 不过最后确实是这样 |
[09:54] | Then he gets cancer, vows to fight it. | 然后他就得了癌症 还发誓要战胜它 |
[09:57] | Jay grew up poor in Fishtown. He liked to fight. | 杰是狒狮城穷人家的孩子 他很好斗 |
[10:00] | And maybe you liked the idea of being a merry widow. | 也许你喜欢做个风流寡妇 |
[10:03] | – The sooner the better. – So you helped the cancer along. | -越早越好 -所以你帮了癌症一把 |
[10:06] | If I hated Jay that much, | 如果我真那么恨杰 |
[10:07] | I would’ve let him suffer, | 我会让他活着忍受折磨 |
[10:08] | not end his pain. | 而不是帮他终结痛苦 |
[10:09] | Three million bucks says maybe not. | 如果有三百万美元就不一定了 |
[10:11] | The name Louise mean anything to you, Caroline? | 你知道路易丝是谁吗 卡罗琳 |
[10:14] | No. | 不知道 |
[10:15] | I know Jay wrote that down, | 我知道杰写过那个名字 |
[10:17] | but he wasn’t lucid in the end. | 但是他后来神志不清了 |
[10:18] | And were you with him at the end? | 最后是你陪在他身边吗 |
[10:21] | I was at home with my son. He was grounded. | 我在家陪儿子 他被禁足了 |
[10:24] | Guy like Jay, with his love of fighting, | 像杰这样好斗的人 |
[10:25] | must have had his share of run-ins. | 肯定跟不少人吵过吧 |
[10:27] | It was a daily thing with him. | 对他来说就像家常便饭 |
[10:29] | Racked up a lot of enemies? | 他到处树敌吗 |
[10:31] | Right into his final days. | 就是最后那些日子里也一样 |
[10:36] | No, listen. | 不 听着 |
[10:38] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[10:40] | Our offer’s not changing. | 我们的报价不能再变了 |
[10:42] | We got to negotiate with strength. | 我们谈判时得强硬一点 |
[10:45] | What are you so afraid of, Phil? | 菲尔 你怕什么 |
[10:49] | Hang on. Other line. | 等等 有别的电话进来 |
[10:53] | Phil? | 菲尔 |
[10:55] | Yeah, your balls were on the other line. | 你的勇气[双关: 蛋蛋]在另一条线上 |
[10:58] | They miss you. | 它们很想你 |
[10:59] | Yo. | 你 |
[11:00] | Mind keeping it down? I’m trying to give my kid some medicine. | 能小点声吗 我在给孩子喂药 |
[11:02] | Call you back. | 我会再打给你的 |
[11:03] | Rumor is, sick people need peace and quiet. | 病人需要安静 |
[11:04] | You’re making my daughter feel worse. | 你让我女儿更难受了 |
[11:06] | And I’m on my second round of chemo, | 我已经是第二轮化疗了 |
[11:08] | and I’m walking off a puking spell. | 我走来走去是为了不让自己呕吐 |
[11:10] | So you have to do it here? | 你非要在这里走吗 |
[11:11] | The hallway isn’t public? | 走廊不是公共场所吗 |
[11:13] | Oh, all right. I’m asking you nice. | 好吧 我态度够好了 |
[11:16] | Ask me any way you like, Chiquita, | 随便你什么态度 彻姬塔 |
[11:18] | I’ll walk where I want to. | 我爱走哪里就走哪里 |
[11:20] | Sand. | 沙子 |
[11:29] | Sand? What are you talking about? | 沙子 你在说什么 |
[11:32] | Headache, that’s all. | 就是头痛 没事 |
[11:35] | By the way, lady, | 顺便说一句 女士 |
[11:37] | your daughter cries all night. | 你女儿整晚整晚的哭 |
[11:40] | Could you ask her to keep it down? | 你能让她小点声吗 |
[11:44] | So that’s why no one comes to see you. | 怪不得没人来看你 |
[11:47] | – Excuse me? – Your best friend is a phone, | -什么 -你最好的朋友就是电话 |
[11:49] | and when your wife was here last time, | 你妻子上次来的时候 |
[11:51] | she looked annoyed as hell that you were still alive. | 她看到你还活着好像很不爽 |
[11:53] | Thanks for your observation. | 多谢你细致入微的观察 |
[11:55] | No one’s going to give a rat’s ass when you’re gone. | 没人在乎你死不死 |
[11:56] | Dying alone’s got to be the worst kind of death. | 孤独终老是最悲惨的死法 |
[11:58] | No. The worst kind of death is dying poor in a target shirt. | 错 最悲惨的死法是穷困潦倒 |
[12:04] | You should be the one about to pass away. | 你才是该死的那个 |
[12:07] | Not my daughter. | 不是我女儿 |
[12:14] | Her daughter had cancer, too? | 她女儿也得了癌症吗 |
[12:17] | Brain tumor. Like Jay. | 脑瘤 和杰一样 |
[12:18] | And she was helping with the girl’s medication? | 她在给这个女孩喂药 |
[12:22] | A lot of parents do that. | 很多父母都会这么做 |
[12:23] | Less scary for the child. | 好减轻孩子的恐惧感 |
[12:24] | So, Amelia was handy with a needle. | 艾米莉亚打针技术不错 |
[12:27] | If she could give morphine to her daughter, | 如果她能给她女儿注射吗啡 |
[12:30] | why not Jay? | 不是也能给杰打吗 |
[12:41] | What’s up? | 出什么事了 |
[12:43] | It’s just my mom didn’t come home last night. | 我妈昨晚没回来 |
[12:45] | Did she go back to her place? | 她回自己住处了吗 |
[12:47] | No, super would have called me. | 没 楼管会告诉我 |
[12:51] | I got some feelers out. | 我放出消息打听了 |
[12:59] | Amelia Flores? | 艾米莉亚·弗洛雷斯 |
[13:01] | – Yeah? – Philly homicide. | -是我 -费城凶案组的 |
[13:03] | Need to talk to you about Jay Dratton. | 想问问你关于杰·德雷顿的事 |
[13:06] | Why do I wanna talk about that son of a bitch? | 那个混蛋有什么好说的 |
[13:08] | Well, there’s some confusion, Amelia. | 有些疑问 艾米莉亚 |
[13:11] | ‘Cause your daughter passed away June 21,1998. | 你女儿死于1998年6月21日 |
[13:14] | Think I don’t know that? | 你觉得我不知道吗 |
[13:15] | Yet, June 28th, you’re back at the hospital. | 但是6月28日你回到了医院 |
[13:18] | Same day that “son of a bitch” Jay died from a morphine OD. | 当天那个”混蛋”就死于吗啡过量 |
[13:21] | What gives? You missing the food? | 怎么回事 你想念那边的伙食吗 |
[13:22] | If someone put that jerk out of his misery, | 如果有人会帮那混蛋终结痛苦 |
[13:24] | it’s news to me. | 那可真是新鲜事 |
[13:25] | Why were you at the hospital, Amelia? | 为什么你会出现在医院 艾米莉亚 |
[13:26] | I was back to talk about my bill. | 我回去跟医院谈账单的事 |
[13:29] | I had no insurance, owed 175 grand. | 我没买保险 欠了十七万五千美元 |
[13:32] | Had to set up a payment plan. | 得弄个付款计划 |
[13:33] | And did you visit Jay while you were there? | 在此期间你见过杰吗 |
[13:35] | Last person I wanted to see was that guy. | 我最不想见的就是他 |
[13:36] | But if someone took him out, | 不过如果有人把他弄死了 |
[13:37] | I say he deserved it. | 我觉得那是他活该 |
[13:39] | Bad blood between you two, huh? | 你们的关系很糟糕吗 |
[13:40] | Seemed like that was his way with everyone. | 好像他跟谁都合不来吧 |
[13:42] | You ever hear him talk about someone named Louise? | 你有听他提起过路易丝这个人吗 |
[13:47] | Yeah. | 有 |
[13:49] | The day he went home. | 他回家那天 |
[13:51] | So you’re coming home for good, dad? | 你会一直待在家里了吗 爸爸 |
[13:54] | Hopefully. I’m all done with the chemo treatments. | 希望如此 化疗疗程结束了 |
[13:56] | Now I wait for it to kick in. | 我在等它起作用 |
[13:58] | ‘Cause I was gonna have some friends over Saturday. | 周六我请了些朋友过来 |
[14:02] | Maybe some other time, okay? | 换个时间行吗 |
[14:04] | Yeah. | 行 |
[14:07] | What is… | 那个 |
[14:09] | Is that a tattoo? | 那是纹身吗 |
[14:12] | Yeah, I’ve had it for like three months. | 是的 差不多三个月前纹的 |
[14:14] | – You lose a bet? – Funny, dad. | -你打赌输了 -真有趣 爸爸 |
[14:16] | You look tired. Get any sleep last night? | 你看起来很累 昨晚睡了吗 |
[14:19] | – Not really. – You out with your buddies? | -几乎没睡 -和你朋友出去了 |
[14:22] | You know, you got cancer | 你得了癌症 |
[14:22] | and now you’re all interested in my life? | 然后突然开始对我的生活感兴趣了 |
[14:24] | See if you can get a little more lame, dad. | 你还能再逊一点吗 爸爸 |
[14:27] | I’ve always been interested. | 我一直很关心你的 |
[14:29] | Yeah? Okay. | 是吗 好吧 |
[14:32] | I drove into Kensington, scored some blow, | 我开车去了肯辛顿 抽了几口 |
[14:35] | then I hit an after-hours club. | 然后我去了夜店 |
[14:37] | Mom thought I was at the library. | 妈妈还以为我在图书馆 |
[14:40] | – Tell me you’re kidding. – It’s the truth. | -你开玩笑吧 -是真的 |
[14:42] | Thought you liked that, dad. Tell it like it is. | 我以为你喜欢那样 爸爸 实话实说 |
[14:45] | Fine, Tommy. | 好吧 汤米 |
[14:47] | I’m cutting you off. | 我要断了你的经济来源 |
[14:49] | Allowance, trust. Everything. | 零花钱 信托基金 全部 |
[14:51] | Good luck buying coke with no job. | 看你没工作拿什么嗑药 |
[14:55] | Whatever. | 随便 |
[14:57] | And that beamer you want for graduation? | 你想毕业后买的那辆宝马 |
[14:59] | Kiss it good-bye. | 别作梦了 |
[15:06] | I… | 我 |
[15:08] | there was a woman. | 有个女人 |
[15:10] | Louise. | 路易丝 |
[15:11] | Great. Louise? | 很好 路易丝 |
[15:13] | Does mom know about her? | 妈妈知道她的存在吗 |
[15:18] | Sounds like Jay was having hallucinations. | 听起来像是杰在幻觉里看到的人 |
[15:21] | Dying people need to shake things out from their past. | 人之将死总想把过去未了的事完结 |
[15:24] | They hang on until they make peace with it. | 只有释然了 才能安心离去 |
[15:26] | Seems like Tommy’s another guy who wanted dad to keel over sooner than later. | 看来汤米也希望他爸爸早死 |
[15:31] | It means “the good death,” you know. | 就是”好死善终”的意思 |
[15:34] | What does? | 什么 |
[15:35] | Euthanasia. | 安乐死 |
[15:36] | It’s greek for “good death.” | 在希腊语里是”好死善终”的意思 |
[15:42] | A guy like that angel of death nurse? | 像死亡天使那样的护士 |
[15:45] | Larry Kenick. | 拉里·肯尼克 |
[15:47] | After seeing how my daughter suffered | 见过我女儿所受的折磨后 |
[15:48] | they should give him a medal. | 我觉得他该受到奖赏 |
[15:58] | Thanks. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[16:00] | She turned up. | 她出现了 |
[16:20] | There’s the girl scout of the year. | 年度女童子军来了 |
[16:25] | Where’d you sleep last night, mom? | 妈 你昨晚在哪里睡的 |
[16:29] | My mother always worked so hard for us kids. | 我妈为了孩子工作一直很努力 |
[16:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:38] | Eight hours at the department store, right? | 每天在商店工作八小时 对吧 |
[16:42] | You were… | 你 |
[16:43] | you were proud of her. | 你以她为荣 |
[16:45] | I was. | 是的 |
[16:50] | I’m sorry you can’t be proud of me, Lil. | 我很抱歉你不能以我为荣 小莉 |
[16:57] | Mom, you gotta hang on. | 妈 你应该坚持下去 |
[17:00] | You can’t fix me this time. | 这次你管不了我了 |
[17:02] | Every day you get a new chance to start over. | 每天你都有重新开始的机会 |
[17:04] | I’m out of chances. | 我已经没机会了 |
[17:06] | No. | 不会的 |
[17:07] | It’s not too late. | 为时不晚 |
[17:09] | It is, Lilly. | 已经晚了 莉莉 |
[17:12] | It really is. | 真的晚了 |
[17:17] | It’s the end. | 都结束了 |
[17:29] | Then I want you to stay with me. | 我想你和我一起住 |
[17:31] | No matter what. | 无论发生什么 |
[17:35] | Keep it coming. | 再来一杯 |
[17:41] | You’ll stay with me, right? | 你会和我一起住的 对吗 |
[17:45] | Yeah, I will. | 我会的 |
[18:06] | Tommy Dratton? | 汤米·德雷顿 |
[18:07] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[18:09] | Detectives Miller and Jeffries. | 我们是米勒和杰弗里斯探员 |
[18:11] | – It’s about your father. – What about him? | -关于你的父亲 -他怎么了 |
[18:14] | It turns out someone killed him before the cancer did. | 他是被谋杀的 而不是死于癌症 |
[18:16] | – Shot him full of morphine. – No kidding. | -给他注射过量吗啡 -不是吧 |
[18:18] | You didn’t get along with him, did you? | 你当时和他关系不好 是吗 |
[18:21] | Not particularly. | 不太好 |
[18:22] | In fact two days after his death, you bought a $50,000 car. | 他死后第二天 你就买了辆五万元的车 |
[18:26] | Guilty. | 确实 |
[18:27] | Kinda like those Beverly Hills brothers, | 就像比弗利山庄的兄弟一样 |
[18:29] | took their dad out to get his money. | 为财弑父 |
[18:32] | Except they hadn’t been cut out by him. | 不过他们并没有被父亲切断经济来源 |
[18:35] | Not like you were, Tom. | 不像你 汤姆 |
[18:37] | Look, I was at home with my mom on the night he died. | 他死的那晚我和我妈在家里 |
[18:41] | And I didn’t have to kill him. | 我也没必要杀他 |
[18:43] | He was already dead in my mind. | 对我来说他早就死了 |
[18:45] | So, what happened to the fancy wheels? | 那怎么不开豪车了 |
[18:48] | After I spent a few years getting wasted and being pissed at the world, | 我过了几年酗酒无度的日子 愤世嫉俗 |
[18:51] | I finally saw what I was doing. | 最后终于意识到我干了些什么 |
[18:53] | Repeating history. | 重蹈覆辙 |
[18:56] | One night I looked into my rearview mirror | 有天晚上我看着后视镜里的自己 |
[18:58] | and saw my dad staring back. | 看到父亲也在看着我 |
[19:01] | And changed your ways? | 从此改邪归正 |
[19:03] | – Lost the tat. – Yeah. | -你把纹身拿掉了 -对 |
[19:06] | Look, I have a kid now. I didn’t want to be that kind of father. | 我现在也有孩子 不想变成那种父亲 |
[19:09] | What do you know about this woman Louise? | 你知道有个叫路易丝的女人吗 |
[19:12] | No idea who she was. | 我不知道她是谁 |
[19:14] | Neither did he. The tumor was doing crazy things to his mind… | 他也不知道 脑瘤让他变得疯狂 |
[19:19] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[19:22] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[19:24] | Jay, you ready? | 杰 你准备好了吗 |
[19:27] | Morning, sunshine. | 早上好 阳光 |
[19:28] | Dude, | 伙计 |
[19:30] | dig the cane, huh! | 拐杖不错吧 |
[19:32] | I’m loving this thing. | 我喜欢这个 |
[19:34] | When the cancer’s gone, I’m gonna keep using it. | 等癌症痊愈 我要继续用它 |
[19:37] | – My new trademark. – What’s the latest? | -我的新标志 -最近怎么样 |
[19:41] | So far, so good. | 目前为止一切都好 |
[19:42] | Out of the hospital a week now. | 我已经出院一周了 |
[19:46] | Feeling better. | 感觉越来越好了 |
[19:47] | Maybe you should take the day off. | 也许你应该休息一天 |
[19:49] | The day you slow down is the day they beat you. | 一旦你放慢脚步 别人立马超过你 |
[19:52] | But you already won, man. | 但是你已经赢了 伙计 |
[19:53] | That’s what my father said… | 我父亲就是这么说的 |
[19:55] | before he was laid off. | 在他被解雇之前 |
[20:03] | Why do you… | 你为什么 |
[20:05] | why do you have a motel key? | 你为什么有汽车旅馆的钥匙 |
[20:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[20:12] | I saw the motel key. | 我看见汽车旅馆的钥匙了 |
[20:17] | She kept it? | 她留下钥匙了 |
[20:19] | She? | 她 |
[20:21] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[20:24] | – Nothing. – It’s Caroline. Isn’t it? | -没什么 -是卡罗琳 不是吗 |
[20:30] | – Like you care. – You son of a bitch. | -你好像很在乎似的 -你这个混蛋 |
[20:32] | What kind of companies do we like to buy? | 我们要买什么样的公司 |
[20:34] | Undervalued, underappreciated. | 被低估的 被轻视的 |
[20:36] | That sound like a woman we know? | 听上去就像是我们认识的某个女人 |
[20:38] | – She’s my wife. – It’s your fault! | -她是我妻子 -都是你的错 |
[20:39] | And you’re my best friend. | 你是我最好的朋友 |
[20:41] | You stopped caring about her years ago. | 你几年前就不管她了 |
[20:43] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[20:47] | Oh, yeah, since I’m the general partner, I’m buying you out. | 鉴于我是普通合伙人 我将买断股权 |
[20:50] | Say hi to Harv | 领失业救济金的时候 |
[20:52] | on the unemployment line. | 帮我跟哈维问个好 |
[21:03] | Did your dad buy him out? | 你爸爸买断了他的股权吗 |
[21:05] | He was in the works. | 他是这么打算的 |
[21:06] | Papers were supposed to be signed in July. | 七月应该就能签下合同 |
[21:08] | But Jay died first. | 但是杰活不到七月 |
[21:10] | Look, I really gotta go pick up my son. | 我真得去接儿子了 |
[21:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:14] | Thanks, Tom. | 谢谢 汤姆 |
[21:15] | Phil plays his cards right, | 如果菲尔把握住机会 |
[21:17] | he gets the money and the girl. | 他既能拿到钱还能赢得女人 |
[21:19] | And Caroline gets a new husband. | 卡罗琳也会有新丈夫 |
[21:21] | One who appreciates her. | 一个懂得欣赏她的人 |
[21:22] | But the clock’s ticking on Phil to lose millions. | 但是菲尔在接近失去百万的时刻 |
[21:25] | Suddenly, killing a dying man, | 杀死一个濒死的人 |
[21:27] | makes a hell of a lot of sense. | 突然就变得很有必要了 |
[21:36] | So, Phil, | 菲尔 |
[21:39] | you’re giving it to Jay’s wife on the sly, | 你和杰的妻子发生了关系 |
[21:41] | he finds out, retaliates by cutting you out of your company. | 被他发现了 威胁要把你赶出公司 |
[21:45] | The company I now run? | 是我现在经营的公司吗 |
[21:48] | That one? | 是那个吗 |
[21:49] | You run it because you killed him for it. | 你之所以能拥有它是因为你杀了他 |
[21:51] | Hey, Sherlock. | 大侦探 |
[21:52] | Jay was days away from croaking. | 杰的日子没剩几天了 |
[21:54] | But first he was gonna fire you. | 不过他会先炒了你 |
[21:56] | And a guy like you has no problem killing a dying man. | 像你这种人杀一个濒死的人根本不成问题 |
[22:00] | You don’t know Jack about guys like me. | 你根本就不了解我这样的人 |
[22:03] | Lot of money at stake for you and your new boyfriend, | 你和你的新男友可能要损失很多钱呢 |
[22:05] | Caroline. | 卡罗琳 |
[22:07] | – Boyfriend? – Phil. Your husband’s partner. | -男友 -菲尔 你丈夫的拍档 |
[22:11] | – Risky move. – That was one night of revenge. | -这是险招 -那一夜是为了报复 |
[22:14] | I was trying to get Jay’s attention. | 我只是想引起杰的关注 |
[22:16] | – Did you? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[22:18] | He threatened to divorce me. | 他威胁要跟我离婚 |
[22:20] | But by then his heart wasn’t in it anymore. | 但是到那个时候他已经没这个心思了 |
[22:32] | Jay. | 杰 |
[22:34] | I’ve been looking all over for you. | 我一直在到处找你 |
[22:37] | You see the doctor? | 你去看医生了吗 |
[22:39] | Said the tumor’s not responding to treatment. | 他说治疗方案对肿瘤不奏效 |
[22:41] | Apparently, the cancer’s not interested in my winning attitude. | 显然 癌症并没有响应我积极的态度 |
[22:46] | You gonna do more chemo? | 你还打算做化疗吗 |
[22:48] | No. It’s pointless. | 不 毫无意义 |
[22:51] | I can barely remember those days. | 我几乎记不起来那个时候的事了 |
[22:57] | What days? | 什么时候 |
[22:59] | When Tommy was a baby. | 汤米还是婴儿的时候 |
[23:01] | Our one-bedroom apartment in Fishtown. | 我们还住在狒狮城一室一厅的公寓里 |
[23:09] | Jay… about Phil, | 杰 关于菲尔 |
[23:11] | It was one time and it was pathetic. | 只是一时冲动 原因很可悲 |
[23:14] | – I’m sorry. – Don’t be. | -我很抱歉 -不用抱歉 |
[23:17] | We don’t need to pretend that we have something. | 我们不用假装我们之间还有感情 |
[23:21] | Maybe we never did. | 也许我们从来没有过 |
[23:26] | And you… | 而你… |
[23:27] | don’t have to play the role of faithful wife anymore. | 也不用再扮演忠贞的妻子 |
[23:32] | – I mean it. I can die alone. – Jay… | -真的 我可以孤独地死去 -杰… |
[23:35] | I have no right to put you through this. | 我没有权利要你陪我承受这一切 |
[23:39] | Are they giving you enough medication for your pain? | 你疼的时候他们给你止痛药了吗 |
[23:41] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[23:43] | It comes and goes. I mean, I… | 疼一会儿就不疼了 我是说… |
[23:46] | I keep having these weird flashes. | 我一直有这种奇怪的幻觉 |
[23:49] | – With the headaches? – Yeah. | -一头疼就这样 -是的 |
[23:51] | I’m on a beach. | 我在沙滩上 |
[23:53] | The wind’s blowing. | 风在吹着 |
[23:56] | – Sounds peaceful. – No, it’s not. | -听上去很美 -不 并非如此 |
[24:02] | I think I did something terrible. | 我想我肯定干了什么坏事 |
[24:12] | First time I’d ever seen Jay give up. | 我第一次见到杰会放弃 |
[24:16] | He tell you this terrible thing he did? | 他告诉你他干了什么坏事吗 |
[24:18] | No. | 没有 |
[24:19] | And I didn’t even ask. | 我也没问 |
[24:21] | We were long past sharing secrets. | 我们早就不会分享彼此的秘密了 |
[24:23] | Was that your last conversation with him? | 那是你和他最后一次对话吗 |
[24:25] | Yeah. Two days later he was gone. | 是的 两天后他就走了 |
[24:28] | He’d given up on winning | 他放弃了要战胜癌症的决心 |
[24:30] | and I’d given up on him. | 而我放弃了他 |
[24:32] | We had it out over Caroline. | 我们就卡罗琳的问题摊牌 |
[24:34] | He made his threat. | 他就威胁我 |
[24:36] | That was that. | 就是那样 |
[24:37] | You weren’t worried he would follow through? | 你不担心他会坚持到底吗 |
[24:39] | He didn’t have the energy to buy me out. | 他没精力买断我的股权 |
[24:43] | The last thing he did | 他干的最后一件事 |
[24:44] | was take 175 grand from his slush fund. | 是从他的非法基金里拿出十七万五千美元 |
[24:47] | He say why? | 他说干什么了吗 |
[24:49] | Just that it was for a woman. | 只说是为了一个女人 |
[24:52] | Maybe cancer boy was the one cheating. | 也许这位癌症患者有外遇了呢 |
[24:55] | Was her name Louise? | 是叫路易丝吗 |
[24:58] | No. | 不是 |
[25:00] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得不是 |
[25:02] | How about Amelia? | 那是艾米莉亚吗 |
[25:06] | That’s it. | 就是这个名字 |
[25:13] | Jay Dratton was suffering, | 杰·德雷顿很痛苦 |
[25:14] | just like your daughter did. | 和你女儿一样痛苦 |
[25:16] | And didn’t you say guys like Larry Kenick | 你不是说像拉里·肯尼克这样的人 |
[25:18] | should get a medal? | 应该获得奖赏吗 |
[25:19] | Doesn’t mean I did what he did. | 并不代表我也做了和他一样的事 |
[25:21] | You had access to morphine. | 你能拿到吗啡 |
[25:23] | You knew how to administer it. | 也知道怎么注射吗啡 |
[25:25] | And Jay had the 175 grand you needed | 而杰则能拿出十七万五千美元 |
[25:27] | to pay your hospital bills. | 足够让你支付医药费 |
[25:28] | You make a deal, Amelia? | 你们做了笔交易对吗 艾米莉亚 |
[25:30] | To help him die? | 就是你帮他去死 |
[25:32] | I told you I didn’t see him that day. | 我说过那天我没见过他 |
[25:36] | But you did see him again? | 可你之后确实又见过他一次吧 |
[25:38] | I couldn’t help my daughter, but I could help him. | 我帮不了我的女儿 可我能帮他 |
[25:41] | But I could help him. | 可我能帮他 |
[25:44] | I had six vials of morphine left over. | 我还剩下六瓶吗啡 |
[25:48] | That’s enough to kill a man. | 足够杀死一个人 |
[25:50] | I said I wouldn’t do it. | 我说过我不会那么做 |
[25:52] | But you gave him the vials. | 可是你把吗啡给了他 |
[25:54] | Yeah, the day he died. | 是的 就在他死的那天 |
[25:56] | I couldn’t tell you before. I knew how it would look. | 我之前不能说 我知道你们会怎么看我 |
[25:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:59] | Like crap. | 不好看 |
[26:00] | Even that jerk didn’t deserve such pain. | 即使是那个蠢货也不该承受这样的痛苦 |
[26:02] | And when was this, Amelia? | 艾米莉亚 是什么时候给他的 |
[26:05] | When he came to see me. | 他来找我的时候 |
[26:17] | You. | 是你 |
[26:18] | I heard about your daughter. | 我听说了你女儿的事 |
[26:24] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:27] | And… | 然后呢… |
[26:29] | I’m ashamed… | 我为我的行为… |
[26:31] | at my behavior. | 感到惭愧 |
[26:33] | I want to help cover any expenses you might have. | 我想帮你支付所有费用 |
[26:39] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢 |
[26:41] | I’m going to leave this check here. | 我会把支票留在这里 |
[26:45] | I’ve been very fortunate in my life. | 我的人生已经很幸运了 |
[26:49] | Please… | 拜托 |
[26:52] | let me share it with you. | 让我和你分享这份幸运 |
[26:56] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[26:58] | Open it. | 打开它 |
[27:04] | I saw your daughter in the hallway one night. | 有天晚上我在走廊里看见了你女儿 |
[27:07] | – Keeping you awake again? – No. | -又吵得你睡不着 -不是 |
[27:10] | We both couldn’t sleep. | 我们都睡不着 |
[27:13] | She told me… | 她跟我说… |
[27:15] | she saw butterflies in her room. | 她在她房间里看到了蝴蝶 |
[27:18] | Hallucinations. | 是幻觉 |
[27:20] | And I told her about mine. | 我也告诉了她我的幻觉 |
[27:22] | Just talking to her, | 只是跟她聊天 |
[27:25] | she somehow put me at ease. | 不知道为什么 就能让我安心 |
[27:30] | I didn’t deserve it. | 我不配拥有这份安心 |
[27:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:42] | You want to sit down? | 你要坐吗 |
[27:54] | What was it like for her? | 她走的时候是什么情况 |
[27:57] | Was she lucid? Was she… | 她清醒着吗 她 |
[27:59] | in pain? | 很痛苦吗 |
[28:01] | She was peaceful near the end, just looking at the butterflies. | 她临终前很平静 只是盯着蝴蝶看 |
[28:05] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[28:07] | I think they were angels waiting to take her to the other side, to heaven. | 它们就像天使 等着带她去天堂 |
[28:11] | I might be headed to a different neighborhood. | 我可能会被赶去另一个地方 |
[28:16] | Hell is only for people who’ve forgotten how to love. | 只有不懂爱的人才会下地狱 |
[28:19] | You can’t love anymore? | 你不会再爱了吗 |
[28:21] | I don’t know. I don’t know anything anymore. | 我不知道 我什么都不知道了 |
[28:25] | – I keep seeing things. – The beach? | -我总是产生幻觉 -在沙滩上 |
[28:28] | Yes… and a… | 是的… 一个… |
[28:30] | a woman named Louise. | 一个叫路易丝的女人 |
[28:33] | What are you doing there? | 你在那里干什么 |
[28:36] | I was… | 我在… |
[28:38] | at a motel. I… | 在汽车旅馆 我… |
[28:43] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[28:46] | Tommy was there. He saw everything. | 汤米在那里 他什么都看到了 |
[28:48] | Should I call an ambulance? | 要叫救护车吗 |
[28:49] | No. No, I’m better. | 不 不 我好多了 |
[28:52] | I’ll call someone. | 我去叫人来 |
[28:57] | What did Tommy see on the beach? | 汤米在海滩上看到了什么 |
[28:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:01] | But who did Jay call to pick him up? | 但是杰叫谁来接他 |
[29:06] | His son. | 他的儿子 |
[29:09] | He took him back to Jackson. | 他带他回杰克逊医院了 |
[29:11] | So Tommy was on hand in his dad’s final hours. | 那么汤米在他爸爸临终前在场 |
[29:14] | Along with six vials of morphine. | 还有六瓶吗啡 |
[29:27] | Yeah, okay, I drove my dad to the hospital. | 是的 我开车送我爸爸去了医院 |
[29:30] | Different story than you gave before. | 和你之前说的不一样 |
[29:32] | It was years ago. I forgot. | 多少年了 我忘记了 |
[29:35] | You forget he had six vials of morphine with him, too? | 你还忘了他带着六瓶吗啡吗 |
[29:38] | I don’t know anything about that. | 关于吗啡的事我什么都不知道 |
[29:40] | Something’s hinky here, Tom. | 有点奇怪 汤姆 |
[29:42] | You didn’t forget taking your dad back to the place he died. | 你可没忘记带你爸爸回到他去世的地方 |
[29:46] | You left that out on purpose. | 你故意不说那些事 |
[29:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:50] | If I told you, I’d have to remember how I was with him. | 如果我说了 就会想起我陪着他的时候 |
[29:55] | How you were when? | 那时候你怎么了 |
[29:57] | The last time we were together. | 那是我们最后一次在一起 |
[30:00] | Like always, I was blind with hate. | 和往常一样 我被仇恨蒙了眼 |
[30:03] | That’s just being a teenage kid. | 你只是个十几岁的孩子 |
[30:09] | The man was dying in front of my eyes | 我眼前的这个男人就要死了 |
[30:12] | and I was hard as nails. | 我却还是铁石心肠 |
[30:23] | Can I go now? | 我现在能走了吗 |
[30:27] | I haven’t… | 我这个… |
[30:29] | I haven’t been much of a father, have I? | 我这个当父亲的不太称职 是吗 |
[30:34] | I’m sorry I haven’t been around. | 抱歉我没有一直陪在你身边 |
[30:37] | Yeah, right. | 对 是的 |
[30:40] | I know… | 我知道 |
[30:43] | you’re always pissed off | 你总是愤世嫉俗 |
[30:45] | and I know where you get it, | 我知道你这点像谁 |
[30:47] | but you got to let it go. | 不过你应该改改 |
[30:52] | It’s poison. | 不然就会像毒药 |
[30:59] | Isn’t the water beautiful, Tommy? | 大海好美 汤米 |
[31:06] | Take my hand, Tommy. | 抓住我的手 汤米 |
[32:04] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[32:09] | Where’d you go, daddy? | 你要去哪里 爸爸 |
[32:10] | I had a work phone call. | 我接到公司的电话 |
[32:12] | – You know what I told them? – What? | -你知道我跟他们说了什么 -什么 |
[32:13] | I said I’m staying the week out here with my family. | 我说我这周要陪家人 |
[32:16] | – Work can wait. – Yeah…! | -工作不急 -太棒了 |
[32:25] | – Isn’t the water beautiful, Tommy? – Yeah. | -大海好美啊 汤米 -是啊 |
[32:44] | It wasn’t a nightmare. | 这不是噩梦 |
[32:46] | Remember the week I took off work? | 记得我请了一周的假吗 |
[32:50] | We stayed at the shore | 我们待在海边 |
[32:52] | in that crappy motel? | 在那家破汽车旅馆 |
[32:56] | I don’t know. | 我不记得了 |
[32:58] | Sure you do. | 你一定记得 |
[33:00] | We were a real family once, Tommy. | 我们一家人曾经真的很幸福 汤米 |
[33:04] | Promise me you remember. | 答应我你一定要记得 |
[33:08] | Do you? | 好吗 |
[33:11] | I don’t remember a thing. | 我什么都不记得了 |
[33:18] | I know you do. | 我知道你记得 |
[33:22] | I-I know you remember. | 我知道你记得 |
[33:31] | I should have told him I remembered. | 我应该告诉过他我记得 |
[33:33] | ‘Cause you did. | 因为你确实记得 |
[33:35] | So your dad was reaching out in the end. | 你爸爸最后开始追忆往事了 |
[33:38] | – You tell your mom that? – Yeah. | -你告诉你妈了 -是的 |
[33:42] | And she was so happy. | 她非常高兴 |
[33:47] | I mean, she still hated the guy and everything. | 我是说 她还是讨厌他 |
[33:49] | Which is it, Tom? Happy or not? | 到底是怎样 汤姆 开心还是不开心 |
[33:53] | If your mom was happy, | 如果你妈开心 |
[33:56] | – maybe she went back to make peace with him. – No way. | -也许她会回去跟他讲和 -不可能 |
[33:58] | – That’s what I’d do. – She didn’t. | -我会那么做 -她不会 |
[33:59] | I told you I was with her that night. | 我跟你说过那天晚上我和她在一起 |
[34:01] | Doesn’t make it so. | 并非如此吧 |
[34:04] | She went to him. | 她到他那里去了 |
[34:06] | Didn’t she? | 不是吗 |
[34:13] | Jay sounds like he was a real piece of work. | 杰听起来真让人难以忍受 |
[34:16] | He was. | 他本来就是 |
[34:18] | Well, some people are like that. | 有些人就是那样 |
[34:20] | Impossible. | 很难弄 |
[34:22] | You try to stop caring, | 你不想再在乎他们 |
[34:23] | you try to write ’em off, but… | 想把他们从记忆里抹去 可是… |
[34:26] | It’s always there. | 它却一直存在 |
[34:28] | That attachment, that… love. | 那种依恋 那种 爱 |
[34:32] | – Not for me and Jay. – No? | -我和杰不是这样的 -不是 |
[34:34] | No, I didn’t love him by the end. I told you that. | 不 到最后我已经不爱他了 我说过 |
[34:37] | Not even when you heard he’d been talking about that week at the shore? | 即使听了他谈起海边那一周也没有感觉 |
[34:41] | – The shore? – Yeah, the three of you. | -海边 -是的 你们三个人 |
[34:44] | At motel Louise. | 在路易丝汽车旅馆 |
[34:47] | – He was probably just hallucinating. – No, it was real. | -可能只是他的幻觉 -不 是真的 |
[34:49] | And it’s just that kind of memory that won’t leave you alone. | 那正是那种萦绕不去的记忆 |
[34:53] | Makes you keep loving. | 让你一直爱着他 |
[34:57] | So maybe I did still care. What’s it matter? | 也许我还是在乎他 那又怎样 |
[34:59] | I think when you heard Jay was talking about that week, | 我想当你听到杰谈起那一周的事 |
[35:02] | you remembered, too. | 你也都记得 |
[35:04] | Remembered those days when he was a better man. | 记得那些日子里他是个好男人 |
[35:07] | You heard that and you couldn’t stay away. | 你听了之后就坐不住了 |
[35:10] | Of course you went to him. | 你当然会去找他 |
[35:11] | You don’t know what I was going through. | 你不知道我经历了什么 |
[35:13] | I do, actually. | 我知道 真的知道 |
[35:16] | There’s someone I… love. | 我也有 深爱的人 |
[35:18] | Someone I wish I didn’t, but… | 我希望我不爱她 但是… |
[35:21] | I can’t stop… | 我无法停止爱她 |
[35:24] | and… | 而且… |
[35:28] | she’s dying. | 她快死了 |
[35:32] | I fought and I scrapped with her for years. | 我和她彼此伤害了很多年 |
[35:35] | Just when I think I’m done with her, | 就在我以为自己受够了她的时候 |
[35:38] | I remember things. | 就会想起一些事 |
[35:40] | Like when I was little, | 比如我小时候 |
[35:43] | I’d get these nightmares, and she’d… | 会做噩梦 她就会 |
[35:45] | read The Velveteen Rabbit to me. | 给我讲绒布小兔子的故事 |
[35:49] | I felt so safe. | 让我觉得很安心 |
[35:56] | It matters where the heart begins. | 心之所依才是关键 |
[35:59] | You know? | 你懂吗 |
[36:03] | I know. | 我懂 |
[36:07] | And when it’s the end, | 等到了最后 |
[36:09] | maybe the most we can do for that person is… | 也许我们能为那个人所做的最好的事… |
[36:13] | help them along. | 就是送他们一程 |
[36:18] | To get peace. | 让他们安息 |
[36:22] | A peaceful death. | 让他们安详地离开 |
[36:23] | A good death. | 好死善终 |
[36:29] | I understand if you helped Jay die. | 如果你帮杰自杀 我可以理解 |
[36:34] | But is that ever the right thing? | 可那样做就是对的吗 |
[36:36] | To help someone who’s in pain? | 为了帮助一个受尽折磨的人 |
[36:39] | Who you love? | 一个你爱的人 |
[36:40] | I don’t know how that can be wrong. | 我不明白那怎么会有错 |
[36:43] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[36:52] | You don’t have to be here. | 你没必要来这里 |
[36:55] | I want to. | 我想来 |
[36:58] | Got some new ones. | 我又想到些新的名单 |
[37:01] | For my list. | 添加到我的清单里 |
[37:04] | Oh… the overrated list. | 被高估的清单 |
[37:07] | No. | 不对 |
[37:09] | Underrated list. | 是被低估的清单 |
[37:11] | Underrated? | 被低估 |
[37:13] | Yeah, | 对 |
[37:14] | there’s ice water, | 像冰水 |
[37:17] | and the TV remote. | 电视遥控器 |
[37:21] | Those things are magic. | 那些东西都很神奇 |
[37:24] | And the sound… | 还有声音 |
[37:25] | the sound of you laughing. | 你笑的声音 |
[37:27] | Very underrated. | 都被低估了 |
[37:31] | I miss it. | 让我怀念 |
[37:40] | Tommy told me about the beach. | 汤米跟我说了沙滩上的事 |
[37:47] | Louise. | 路易丝 |
[37:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:50] | I remember, too. | 我也记得 |
[37:55] | You do? | 你记得 |
[37:57] | Yeah, I think somehow along the way, we both forgot. | 不知怎么的 之前我们都忘了 |
[38:02] | Promise me… | 答应我 |
[38:04] | promise me you’ll remember the guy in this picture. | 答应我你会记得照片里的人 |
[38:10] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[38:13] | And no matter how much time there is, | 无论还有多少时间 |
[38:16] | I’m here now. | 我现在就在这里 |
[38:18] | I’ve run out of ways to not… | 我没有办法不去 |
[38:23] | think about the pain. | 想这种痛苦 |
[38:36] | – Jay, no… – I have no right to ask you. | -杰 不 -我没有权利要求你什么 |
[38:44] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[38:47] | It’s nonnegotiable. | 没得商量 |
[38:54] | I love you, you know. | 我爱你 你知道的 |
[38:58] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[39:14] | You know what I remember most about that motel? | 你知道汽车旅馆我记得最清楚的是什么吗 |
[39:17] | I remember us laying in bed together at night, | 我记得我们晚上一起躺在床上 |
[39:22] | and I could… | 然后我能… |
[39:24] | hear the ocean waves. | 听到海浪的声音 |
[39:28] | Feel a cool breeze move over us. | 感觉凉风拂面而过 |
[39:37] | And I felt… | 我能感到 |
[39:39] | you next to me. | 你就在我身边 |
[39:46] | We were both so in debt. | 我们当时负债累累 |
[39:50] | struggling with our jobs, and.. | 疲于工作 |
[39:54] | all I could think was… | 我能想到的就是 |
[39:59] | “babe, we’d… | “宝贝 我们 |
[40:05] | we’d already made it.” | 我们已经成功了” |
[40:44] | 歌曲”Good Day” 歌手: Paul Westerberg |