时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | I forgot to pack my flannel pjs and my rabbit-hair slippers. | 我忘带我的法兰绒睡衣和兔毛拖鞋了 |
[00:20] | Maybe I can bring them to her, Bill? | 我可以带来给她吧 比尔 |
[00:22] | We talked about this. | 我们谈过这事了 |
[00:23] | No visits. | 不能去看她 |
[00:29] | I gotta use the kybo. | 我要方便一下 |
[00:31] | – What did she say? – She needs the bathroom. | -她说什么 -她要上厕所 |
[00:33] | You’ll have to hold it. | 你得憋着 |
[00:35] | And speak English, Hilary. | 给我说人话 希拉里 |
[00:37] | If I could take it back, I would. | 要能憋住 我会憋的 |
[00:39] | It’s just… no one told us it could happen, you know? | 只是 谁知道会这样呢 |
[00:43] | Let’s not talk about it, honey. Please? | 拜托别说这个了 宝贝 好吗 |
[00:46] | I’m sorry, Mom. | 抱歉 妈妈 |
[00:57] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[01:01] | Looks even prettier than the brochure. | 比宣传册里的还要好看 |
[01:04] | I’m sure everyone will be very nice. | 大家肯定都很好相处 |
[01:18] | Please don’t leave me here. | 求你们别把我留在这 |
[01:20] | I’ll make sure no one sees me at home, Daddy, I swear. | 我发誓不会让人看到我在家的 爸爸 |
[01:23] | Patricia. | 帕特丽夏 |
[01:24] | Come on, Hilary. | 走吧 希拉里 |
[01:40] | Huck said he’d marry me. | 哈克说他会娶我的 |
[01:41] | Huck’s a child. So are you. | 哈克是个孩子 你也是 |
[01:43] | But it’s our baby. | 但这是我们的孩子 |
[01:45] | Do you have any idea what it’s like to raise a child? | 你知道怎么抚养孩子吗 |
[01:48] | Now, please, Hilary, I know what’s best. | 去吧 拜托了 希拉里 这是最好的办法 |
[01:53] | Will you visit me, Mom? | 你会来看我吗 妈妈 |
[01:54] | We’ll see, sweetheart. | 到时再说 宝贝 |
[01:55] | Get in the car, Patricia. | 上车 帕特丽夏 |
[01:56] | You’re not coming in?! | 你不进去吗 |
[01:59] | She’s never spent a night away from home, Bill. | 她从没在外过过夜 比尔 |
[02:01] | And if you’d watched her better, | 你要是多用点心看好她 |
[02:02] | she wouldn’t be in this mess in the first place. | 那一开始她就不会惹这一身麻烦 |
[02:08] | Please don’t leave me here. | 求你不要把我留在这 |
[02:14] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[03:04] | 1964年5月 希拉里·韦斯特 | |
[03:16] | My mom passed away two months ago. | 我妈妈两个月前去世了 |
[03:20] | She was a great mother, but…I found this in her belongings. | 她是个伟大的母亲 但我在她的遗物里发现了这个 |
[03:28] | Your birth certificate? | 你的出生证明 |
[03:29] | My original birth certificate. | 我的出生证原件 |
[03:32] | I never knew, but I was adopted. | 我一直不知道我是被收养的 |
[03:36] | You know we deal in homicides, right, Ms. Lakey? | 你知道我们是办命案的吧 莱基女士 |
[03:38] | I tracked down my real mother. | 我查到我的生母了 |
[03:41] | She was murdered the day after I was born. | 她在我出生的第二天被杀害了 |
[03:43] | Her name was Hilary West. | 她叫希拉里·韦斯特 |
[03:45] | She was 17 years old. | 当时只有十七岁 |
[03:47] | Never found the doer. | 没抓到凶手 |
[03:49] | I was hoping if you did, you might be able to tell me… | 我想如果你抓到了凶手 或许能告诉我 |
[03:54] | Why she gave you up? | 她为何抛弃你 |
[03:55] | – Yes. – Your mom was 17. | -对 -你母亲当时才十七岁 |
[03:57] | Probably couldn’t raise you the way she wanted. | 很可能没办法好好抚养你 |
[03:59] | I have a nine-year-old son. | 我有个九岁的儿子 |
[04:01] | I can’t even fathom doing something like that. | 我都没法想象做出那种事 |
[04:03] | Yeah. Times were different. | 对 时代不同了 |
[04:06] | Are you… close with your mother? | 你跟你母亲关系亲密吗 |
[04:12] | People shouldn’t have kids till they’re ready. | 没准备好 就不该要孩子 |
[04:15] | Sounds like your mother wasn’t. | 看来你母亲没准备好 |
[04:17] | Still, I’d like to know. | 我还是想知道真相 |
[04:23] | Well, this is from St. Mary’s Home for Unwed Mothers. | 出生证是圣玛丽未婚妈妈之家签发的 |
[04:26] | Where she gave birth. | 她在那里生的我 |
[04:27] | There’s no mention of St. Mary’s in the article. | 文章里没提到圣玛丽之家 |
[04:30] | Maybe they were keeping it out of the press? | 或许他们不想让媒体报道这事 |
[04:32] | Maybe they didn’t know. | 或许他们并不知情 |
[04:34] | How’s that possible? She was there right before she died. | 怎么可能 她死前就在那里 |
[04:39] | Could be someone was keeping it secret. | 或许有人不想让这事公开 |
[04:41] | Who? | 谁 |
[04:43] | Someone with a secret of their own. | 某个藏着自己的秘密的人 |
[05:22] | Hilary West. Blunt force trauma to the head. | 希拉里·韦斯特 头部受钝器外伤 |
[05:25] | Weapon never found. | 一直没找到凶器 |
[05:26] | Autopsy didn’t pick up the recent pregnancy? | 验尸官没发现她遇害前近期怀过孕 |
[05:28] | Back then, only did a cursory check for sexual assault. | 当时只会粗略检查有没有被性侵 |
[05:31] | Field where she was killed was a mile from St. Mary’s. | 她遇害的地方离圣玛丽之家有一英里远 |
[05:35] | No wonder the cops back then didn’t put her there. | 难怪当时的警察想不到她是那里的人 |
[05:37] | St. Mary’s closed in ’74. | 圣玛丽之家74年就关闭了 |
[05:39] | Checking on who might still be around. | 去查查还有谁在 |
[05:41] | Parents said they’d been keeping Hilary home | 她父母说他们不让希拉里去学校 |
[05:43] | from school to recover from mono. | 是为了治疗她的腺热 |
[05:45] | Claimed she snuck out in the middle of the night. | 说她半夜偷偷溜出去了 |
[05:47] | No idea where she was going. | 不知道她去哪了 |
[05:49] | Pretty elaborate lie to cover up a pregnancy. | 为掩盖怀孕精心编造的谎言 |
[05:51] | Well, daughter getting pregnant out of wedlock– | 那个时候 女儿未婚先孕 |
[05:53] | real stigma for a family back then. | 对一个家庭来说是奇耻大辱 |
[05:55] | Worse than murder? | 比谋杀还严重 |
[05:56] | A few girls in my high school “went away.” | 我高中时有几个女生就此”消失”了 |
[05:58] | We all knew the reason why. | 我们都知道其中原因 |
[06:00] | Abortion’s illegal, and no single mothers back then. | 堕胎是非法的 当时也没有单亲妈妈 |
[06:03] | No sex ed either. | 也没有性教育 |
[06:04] | Couldn’t buy birth control unless you were married. | 没结婚也买不到避孕工具 |
[06:07] | Abstinence was the answer. | 那就只能禁欲了 |
[06:09] | That always works. | 那肯定管用 |
[06:10] | Everyone was doing it; no one was talking about it. | 大家都光做 但从不说 |
[06:12] | Lucky for me, I had an older brother. | 还好我有个老大哥教我 |
[06:14] | Yeah. Who turned out to be a priest. | 是啊 他正好是个神圣的牧师 |
[06:23] | Could be the boyfriend. | 会不会是男友干的 |
[06:25] | Barbara’s father? | 芭芭拉的父亲 |
[06:27] | If he even knew about the pregnancy. | 前提是他得知道怀孕的事 |
[06:30] | Well, let’s start with him. | 先从他开始吧 |
[06:48] | Yeah? | 找谁 |
[06:49] | Hey. Mr. Oberland around, buddy? | 你好 奥伯兰德先生在吗 小家伙 |
[06:53] | Grandpa! | 爷爷 |
[07:05] | Detectives Valens, Vera. | 瓦伦斯和维拉警探 |
[07:06] | Got a few questions about a Hilary West. | 关于希拉里·韦斯特有些问题想问你 |
[07:13] | Haven’t heard that name in a long time. | 很久没听到这个名字了 |
[07:15] | She was pregnant, gave birth right before she was killed. | 她当时怀孕了 生完孩子后就被杀了 |
[07:19] | My family is in there. | 我的家人都在里面 |
[07:20] | This is sensitive. | 这事挺敏感的 |
[07:21] | Murder tends to be. | 谋杀往往很敏感 |
[07:23] | So, you knew about the pregnancy? | 那你知道她怀孕了 |
[07:26] | We were just kids. | 我们当时都还小 |
[07:28] | Still in high school. | 还在念高中 |
[07:29] | So you were the father. | 那你就是孩子的父亲 |
[07:33] | Hilary told me that she was… that way. | 希拉里跟我说过她…那个啥了 |
[07:36] | And you didn’t think that her being “that way” | 而你当时就没觉得 |
[07:38] | could’ve been helpful to the investigation? | 那可能对调查会有帮助 |
[07:40] | Look, I was 17. | 我当时才十七岁 |
[07:41] | I didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[07:43] | You knew about St. Mary’s Home for Unwed Mothers? | 你知道圣玛丽未婚妈妈之家吗 |
[07:45] | I knew her parents were planning to send her away, | 我知道她的父母打算把她送走 |
[07:48] | but I didn’t know where. | 但我不知道送到哪 |
[07:50] | Then Hilary disappears, | 后来希拉里就消失了 |
[07:52] | and two months later,I hear she’s dead. | 两个月后我听说她死了 |
[07:54] | And you had no contact with her after she left? | 她离开后你也没跟她联系过 |
[07:57] | Her folks made sure of that. | 她的父母不准我们联系 |
[07:59] | So why keep your mouth shut? | 那你怎么一声不吭 |
[08:00] | Because we were good kids… | 因为我们都是好孩子 |
[08:03] | and good kids didn’t get caught. | 好孩子做错事不会被发现 |
[08:08] | My school uniform doesn’t fit anymore. | 我的校服已经穿不下了 |
[08:11] | I can’t keep anything down. | 我吃下去的都吐出来了 |
[08:12] | Maybe you’re just eating too much. | 可能是你吃太多了 |
[08:16] | Huck…I’m scared. | 哈克 我好害怕 |
[08:19] | My parents are going to kill me. | 我的父母会杀了我的 |
[08:22] | But it was just that one time. | 但我们就做了一次 |
[08:23] | You told me it wouldn’t happen the first time. | 你说第一次的时候不会怀孕的 |
[08:25] | It’s not supposed to. | 不应该怀孕的 |
[08:27] | Right? | 对吧 |
[08:31] | What are we going to do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[08:35] | Maybe there’s a way to… get rid of it? | 或许有办法打掉孩子 |
[08:39] | No. | 不 |
[08:41] | Girls die. | 会出人命的 |
[08:47] | Then we’ll just…get married. | 那我们就结婚吧 |
[08:53] | We’ve only been going steady two months. | 我们才稳定交往了两个月 |
[08:55] | We get along all right. | 我们相处很愉快 |
[08:58] | What about Yale? | 不是要念耶鲁吗 |
[08:59] | Forget Yale. | 忘掉耶鲁吧 |
[09:01] | I’ll never get in. | 我永远考不上的 |
[09:06] | Married…? Are you sure? | 结婚 你确定 |
[09:09] | It’s what everybody does, right? | 大家不都这么做吗 |
[09:11] | Get married? | 结婚 |
[09:15] | But do you love me? | 那你爱我吗 |
[09:18] | Yeah, sure I do, Hil. | 当然爱了 小希 |
[09:29] | I tried to do the right thing. | 我试过补救了 |
[09:33] | Those wedding bells never rang. | 但婚礼最终没能举行 |
[09:35] | Not after Hilary’s father found out. | 希拉里的父亲发现后就不可能了 |
[09:37] | Ain’t so copacetic about the whole thing? | 他对整件事不是特别满意吧 |
[09:42] | Let’s just say that was the end of our pipe dream. | 只能说他终结了我们的痴心妄想 |
[09:46] | You know, back then, adults gave the orders. | 当时一切由大人说了算 |
[09:49] | Kids listened. | 孩子只能听从 |
[09:52] | Thanks for your time. | 感谢你的配合 |
[09:58] | I don’t even know if it was a girl or boy. | 我连孩子是男是女都不知道 |
[10:02] | Her name’s Barbara. | 她叫芭芭拉 |
[10:18] | We know you sent Hilary to St Mary’s. | 我们知道你们把希拉里送去了圣玛丽之家 |
[10:21] | I thought I was doing what was best. | 我以为那样做是最好的办法 |
[10:23] | By not helping solve your daughter’s murder? | 你是说不帮忙侦破你女儿被杀一案吗 |
[10:26] | It was Bill’s idea to keep quiet about St. Mary’s. | 是比尔说不能提圣玛丽之家的事 |
[10:29] | And you just went along with it? | 而你就顺着他的意思 |
[10:30] | He was my husband. I didn’t have a choice. | 他是我丈夫 我别无选择 |
[10:32] | Till the day he died, we never discussed it again. | 直到他去世我们都没再谈起过这事 |
[10:36] | Instead you pretend that it never happened. | 相反你假装一切从未发生 |
[10:38] | I convinced myself I was protecting Hilary’s memory. | 我说服自己那是在保护希拉里的名声 |
[10:42] | Better than people thinking her cheap. | 总比她被人视为轻贱要好 |
[10:45] | So giving the baby away was the only real option? | 所以送走孩子才是真正唯一的选择 |
[10:49] | Nothing more important than what the neighbors think, right? | 邻居们怎么看才是最重要的 对吧 |
[10:52] | Talk about St. Mary’s. | 说说圣玛丽之家吧 |
[10:54] | I visited once when Bill was away on business. | 比尔出差的时候我去过那儿一次 |
[10:57] | Brought the rabbit-hair slippers she loved so much. | 把她很喜欢的兔毛拖鞋带去了 |
[11:00] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[11:02] | Well,I thought we sent her to the right place, | 我原以为把她送去了对的地方 |
[11:04] | but I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[11:31] | I heard we only get 15 minutes to say good-bye to our babies. | 我听说我们只有十五分钟跟孩子告别 |
[11:35] | I’ll only need one minute. | 我只需要一分钟 |
[11:36] | Alien’s the only reason I’m in this prison. | 都怪艾利恩我才被困在这 |
[11:39] | I think she has the hiccups. | 我想她打嗝了 |
[11:42] | She? | 她 |
[11:44] | You’re crazier than I thought. | 你比我想象的还要疯狂 |
[11:46] | It’s kind of nice, | 还挺好的 |
[11:48] | a little person growing inside, you know? | 体内孕育着个小生命 |
[11:50] | Yeah, sucking your blood, scarfing your food. | 是啊 吸你的血 抢你的食物 |
[11:53] | The sooner it comes out, the better. | 越早生出来越好 |
[11:58] | Dr. Frankenstein strikes again. | 弗兰肯斯坦医生[博士]又来了 |
[12:01] | Dr. Frankenstein? | 弗兰肯斯坦医生 |
[12:02] | Guy’s a hack. Bottom of the barrel. | 雇来的帮工 水平最差的那种 |
[12:04] | Heard he killed a girl during labor. | 听说有个姑娘在分娩时被他害死了 |
[12:11] | – Next patient: Hilary W. – No. | -下位病患 希拉里·W -不 |
[12:14] | Dr. Finnegan doesn’t have time to waste. | 芬尼根医生的时间很宝贵 |
[12:17] | I don’t want him to touch me. | 我不想他碰我 |
[12:18] | You’re lucky to have him, a girl like you. | 你这种女孩 有他给你检查算你走运 |
[12:20] | You’re a nut job if you think any of us | 你是疯了所以才会以为 |
[12:22] | are going to put our legs in those torture devices. | 我们会把腿放到那些折磨的设备上 |
[12:24] | If you’d kept your legs together in the first place | 如果你们一开始就紧闭双腿 |
[12:26] | you wouldn’t be here. | 就不会来这里了 |
[12:29] | Bad things happen to bad girls, Hilary. | 坏姑娘吃坏果子 希拉里 |
[12:32] | If you don’t behave, I promise, it’s only going to get worse. | 你要是不听话 我保证情况只会更糟糕 |
[12:58] | A day doesn’t go by I don’t beg for forgiveness. | 我每天都在祈求原谅 |
[13:02] | Leaving my little girl in that place. | 把我的宝贝女儿留在那地方 |
[13:06] | Give us a call, anything else comes to mind. | 要是想起其他的事了 请联系我们 |
[13:19] | How is the baby? | 孩子现在还好吗 |
[13:23] | She’s a grown woman now. | 她已经长大成人了 |
[13:30] | Will you tell her… that she has a grandmother? | 你能跟她说她外婆还在吗 |
[13:38] | Sounds like this Dr. Finnegan was a real butcher. | 听起来芬尼根医生是个杀人犯 |
[13:42] | Girls dying on the table. | 姑娘们死在接生台上 |
[13:44] | Maybe Hilary was one of them. | 或许希拉里就是其中之一 |
[13:46] | St Mary’s covered it up. | 被圣玛丽之家掩盖了 |
[14:00] | You find this Dr. Finnegan? | 你找到这位芬尼根医生了 |
[14:01] | Loser bit the dust in ’75. | 那人渣75年就去世了 |
[14:04] | Cirrhosis of the liver. | 死于肝硬化 |
[14:05] | Serious drinker? | 嗜酒成性 |
[14:06] | Six women bled to death on his delivery table between ’61 and ’68. | 61到68年间6个姑娘死在他的接生台上 |
[14:10] | Scumbag finally lost his medical license. | 这人渣终于被吊销了行医执照 |
[14:12] | Took six deaths for the medical board to yank his license? | 死了六个人医委会才吊销他的执照 |
[14:15] | “Doctor knows best.” | “医生最清楚” |
[14:17] | Glad I was an unwed mother in the ’90s, not the ’60s. | 还好我是九十年代的未婚妈妈 不是六十年代 |
[14:19] | What about this nun who ran St. Mary’s? | 管理圣玛丽之家的那位修女呢 |
[14:21] | Sister Margaret’s still alive and kicking | 玛格丽特修女在某个 |
[14:23] | in a convent retirement community. | 修道院退休公社活得好好的 |
[14:25] | A community of retired nuns? | 退休修女公社 |
[14:27] | Sounds like a par-tay. | 听着肯定很热闹 |
[14:29] | If girls were dying at St. Mary’s, it’d be on her head. | 如果姑娘死在了圣玛丽之家 她肯定脱不了干系 |
[14:31] | Giving her motive to keep it hush-hush. | 那她就有动机掩盖真相了 |
[14:39] | Keep thinking one of them is going to jump out | 我一直在想他们中会不会有人会跳出来 |
[14:41] | and thwack my hand with a ruler. | 用尺子打我的手 |
[14:44] | Back at St. Francis, we got the yard stick. | 在圣方济各小学的时候 是用码尺打的 |
[14:49] | Sister Margaret? | 玛格丽特修女 |
[14:54] | Yes? | 是我 |
[14:55] | Detectives Valens, Vera. Philly Homicide. | 费城凶案组的瓦伦斯和维拉警探 |
[14:58] | It’s about St. Mary’s. | 跟圣玛丽之家有关 |
[15:01] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[15:03] | And Hilary West’s murder. | 还有希拉里·韦斯特被杀一案 |
[15:05] | Like I said… a long time ago. | 我说了 很久以前的事了 |
[15:08] | Wondering why you never came forward when she was killed? | 我想知道她遇害后你为何一直没站出来 |
[15:11] | Well, the detectives never came to us. | 警探一直没来找我们 |
[15:13] | And I never lied to anybody. | 我也从没对谁说过谎 |
[15:15] | By omission. | 隐瞒真相也是谎言 |
[15:17] | You knew the truth. | 你知道真相 |
[15:18] | I couldn’t jeopardize our reputation. | 我不能毁掉我们的声誉 |
[15:21] | We were the last place those girls could go. | 我们是那些姑娘最后的去处 |
[15:24] | Maybe you remember the quack you hired to work there– | 或许你还记得你雇的那位庸医 |
[15:26] | Dr. Finnegan? | 芬尼根医生 |
[15:28] | Well, we didn’t have a lot of resources. | 我们当时没有太多资金 |
[15:30] | His, um… price tag fit our budget. | 他的要价符合我们的预算 |
[15:35] | You get what you pay for, right? | 你也得偿所愿了吧 |
[15:36] | So maybe he kills Hilary and you dump her in a field? | 所以或许是他杀了希拉里 你把她抛尸野外 |
[15:40] | That’s a ridiculous accusation. | 你这指控太荒谬了 |
[15:42] | That hack lost his medical license. | 那个庸医的行医执照被吊销了 |
[15:45] | Women were dying while he was three sheets to the wind. | 女人都快死了 他却醉得不省人事 |
[15:47] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that, | 我很遗憾 |
[15:49] | but you must understand that society had rejected those girls. | 但你们得明白社会不接纳那些女孩 |
[15:55] | You saying beggars can’t be choosers? | 你是说要饭的哪能挑肥拣瘦 |
[15:56] | I’m saying a houseful of pregnant teenagers– | 我是说一屋子怀孕的未成年女孩 |
[16:01] | there was a reason that they called them “bad girls.” | 人们说他们是”坏女孩”是有原因的 |
[16:08] | Wedding bands go on the left ring finger, girls. | 婚戒要戴在左手无名指上 姑娘们 |
[16:12] | No need for anyone in town to know your predicament. | 没必要让城里的人知道你们的窘境 |
[16:16] | Thank you, Sister Margaret. | 谢谢你 玛格丽特修女 |
[16:18] | Thank you, Sister. | 谢谢 修女 |
[16:20] | I’ll just put these away. | 我会把这些收走 |
[16:22] | Always gotta be a kiss-up in the bunch. | 一帮人里总会有个人爱拍马屁 |
[16:26] | Soon I’m going to have a real one. | 我很快就会有真正的婚戒了 |
[16:29] | That why you’re being a good girl? | 所以你才要做个乖乖女吗 |
[16:30] | So Huck will marry you? | 好让哈克娶你 |
[16:33] | He needs a little more time to tell his parents. | 他还需要些时间告诉他的父母 |
[16:34] | But once he sees the baby… | 一旦他见到孩子 |
[16:35] | You live on a street called “denial.” | 你这叫不肯承认现实 |
[16:38] | You haven’t heard a peep outta that cat since you’ve been here. | 你到这后就没了他的消息 |
[16:42] | He’s busy with final exams. | 他在忙着期末考试 |
[16:45] | Forget about him. | 忘了他吧 |
[16:46] | And forget about your little sunshine, too. | 也忘了你的阳光宝贝吧 |
[16:50] | He’s going to marry me, Karen. | 他会娶我的 凯伦 |
[16:54] | He promised. | 他答应过我 |
[16:56] | You fat cows get knocked up at the submarine races?! | 你们两头肥牛是在约会时被搞大肚子的吗 |
[17:00] | Moo…! | 哞 |
[17:02] | You sweathogs are so easy, | 你们这些学生妹太随便了 |
[17:03] | any ol’ dude could score with you! | 随便一个老家伙都能上你们 |
[17:07] | Think you’re tough? Nothin’ but a buncha pantywaists! | 以为你们很强吗 不过是一个小屁孩 |
[17:10] | Hilary, think fast. | 希拉里 赶紧的 |
[17:12] | Aim for the runt with the duck butt! | 瞄准小个子肥屁股那个 |
[17:14] | Throw it, spaz-o! | 扔啊 弱智 |
[17:16] | Oh, you’re worse than I thought. Oh! | 你比我想象的还弱 |
[17:20] | Candyass! You better run! | 小屁孩 最好给我滚开 |
[17:26] | Who’s responsible for this? | 这是谁干的 |
[17:28] | Those hoods called us sluts! They deserved it! | 那些小屁孩说我们是荡妇 他们活该 |
[17:30] | I said who’s responsible? | 我说是谁干的 |
[17:35] | At least one of you has learned her lesson. | 至少你们有人从她这学到了教训 |
[17:37] | Ow! Get off of me, you ugly bitch! | 放开我 你个丑陋的婊子 |
[17:39] | – You’re going to the isolation room. – No! | -你得被关在隔离室 -不 |
[17:42] | Sister Abigail! | 阿比盖尔修女 |
[17:46] | You’re going to pay, good girl. | 你会付出代价的 乖乖女 |
[17:51] | Karen Watson was a hellion. | 凯伦·沃森是个刺头青 |
[17:54] | Uncontrollable. | 无法管束 |
[17:57] | She and Hilary butt heads again? | 她跟希拉里又起冲突了吗 |
[17:59] | All I know is that before Karen came to us, | 我只知道凯伦被送来前 |
[18:02] | she was expelled from her high school. | 已经被高中开除了 |
[18:05] | Expelled for what? | 因为什么开除的 |
[18:06] | For hitting another girl in the head… with a rock. | 因为用石头打了一个女孩的头 |
[18:22] | Heard you got a real temper, Karen. | 听说你脾气很暴躁 凯伦 |
[18:28] | Take it you’re not going to order the blue plate special? | 看来你不是来点蓝盘特餐的 |
[18:31] | Detectives Jeffries, Rush. Homicide. | 我们是凶案组的杰弗里斯和拉什警探 |
[18:34] | Hey, blame the cook. | 吃死人的话得怪厨子 |
[18:36] | I’m just the messenger. | 我只是个跑腿的 |
[18:37] | Hilary West, St. Mary’s home. | 圣玛丽之家的希拉里·韦斯特 |
[18:39] | That jog any memories? | 有想起什么吗 |
[18:41] | Maybe you knocked her out, too? | 你或许也把她打了 |
[18:42] | Like you did your high school classmate. | 就像你对你高中同学做的那样 |
[18:44] | Yeah, and that harlot had it coming. | 是啊 那个婊子是自找的 |
[18:47] | What about Hilary? She have it coming,too? | 那希拉里呢 也是自找的吗 |
[18:51] | Hilary was harmless. | 希拉里人畜无害 |
[18:54] | Goofball actually grew on me. | 其实我还挺喜欢她的 |
[18:56] | Where were you the night she was killed? | 她遇害那晚你在哪里 |
[18:57] | Sleeping off a 46-hour delivery. | 生孩子折腾了46小时昏睡过去了 |
[19:01] | You try pushing out | 没有止痛药 |
[19:02] | an eight-pound bowling ball without pain killers. | 把一个七斤重的保龄球从身体里推出来 |
[19:05] | Didn’t drag my ass out of bed for a week. | 我一个礼拜都下不了床 |
[19:08] | So why didn’t you tell the cops she’d been staying at St Mary’s? | 那你为什么不告诉警察她之前待在圣玛丽之家 |
[19:11] | Same reason I never tried to find my kid– | 和我从没找我的孩子原因一样 |
[19:14] | some secrets are easier to keep. | 有些秘密保守起来容易些 |
[19:17] | Easy to find out,too. | 也容易被发现 |
[19:18] | Look, lady, | 小姐 你听着 |
[19:20] | all we girls had was each other in that hellhole. | 我们这些姑娘在那破地方只有彼此 |
[19:23] | So who had it out for Hilary? | 那谁对希拉里有敌意 |
[19:25] | Who do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[19:27] | Guy who got her in trouble in the first place. | 最开始给她惹上麻烦的那个男人啊 |
[19:40] | Check it out! | 快看啊 |
[19:41] | Look what I just bought! | 看我买了什么 |
[19:43] | You can record yourself. | 能录自己的声音 |
[20:16] | What is it, Hilary? | 希拉里 你怎么了 |
[20:17] | Your water break? | 你羊水破了吗 |
[20:20] | Huck…? | 哈克 |
[20:23] | Hilary? | 希拉里 |
[20:30] | I didn’t know… you’d be here. | 我不知道…你会在这 |
[20:39] | I’ll meet you back at the car, Mary Lou. | 我待会去车上找你 玛丽·卢 |
[20:45] | Mary Lou. | 玛丽·卢 |
[20:47] | She’s pretty. | 她真美 |
[20:49] | You’ve been gone a long time… | 你离开了很久… |
[20:51] | Did you tell your parents about the baby yet? | 你告诉你父母孩子的事情了吗 |
[20:55] | I got into Yale. | 我被耶鲁录取了 |
[20:59] | I can’t get married. | 我不能结婚 |
[21:02] | But you said you were going to do the right thing. | 但你说过你会做正确的事情 |
[21:04] | – You promised. – We’re 17, Hilary. | -你答应过的 -我们才17岁 希拉里 |
[21:06] | We’re kids. | 我们还是孩子 |
[21:07] | Yeah, and I’m going to have one. | 是啊 而我马上就要生个孩子了 |
[21:11] | – You have to tell them. – I can’t. | -你必须告诉他们 -我办不到 |
[21:13] | If they knew about this, they’d kill me. | 如果他们知道了这事 会杀了我的 |
[21:17] | Feel. Can you believe that? | 摸一下 你能相信吗 |
[21:21] | – She’s kicking… – Hilary, stop. | -她在踢我呢 -希拉里 停下 |
[21:30] | What am I going to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[21:32] | Give the baby up. | 别要孩子了 |
[21:34] | But she’s our sunshine. | 可她是我们的宝贝 |
[21:35] | I don’t want to be a father. | 我还不想当父亲 |
[21:38] | You already are. | 你已经是了 |
[21:41] | If you won’t tell your parents…I will. | 如果你不告诉你父母 我去说 |
[21:45] | What? | 什么 |
[21:47] | You better not. | 你别闹 |
[21:50] | Hilary! | 希拉里 |
[22:05] | A week later, Hilary was dead. | 一周后 希拉里就死了 |
[22:10] | Thanks for your time. | 感谢你的配合 |
[22:15] | Maybe Huck killed Hilary before she had a chance to tell. | 也许哈克在希拉里开口前就把她杀了 |
[22:18] | Shut up for good. | 让她永远闭嘴 |
[22:25] | Parents will not be too happy about you knocked up that girl. | 搞大姑娘的肚子 家长可不高兴 |
[22:28] | Give up be in Yale for a 17-year-old bride. | 为了个17岁的姑娘放弃耶鲁 |
[22:32] | You got it all wrong. | 你们都搞错了 |
[22:34] | They would’ve killed you. | 他们会杀了你的 |
[22:36] | Your words. | 你的原话 |
[22:37] | So you stopped her before she told. | 所以你在她开口前就阻止了她 |
[22:39] | I didn’t kill Hilary. | 我没有杀希拉里 |
[22:41] | That’s original. | 这挺新鲜 |
[22:42] | We made a baby together. | 我们有了孩子 |
[22:44] | A child. | 一个孩子啊 |
[22:45] | Even back then I knew that meant something. | 就算在那时我也知道这意义非凡 |
[22:47] | Yeah? So why’d you lie about seeing her again? | 是吗 那你为什么要骗我们没再见过她 |
[22:50] | Where were you the night she was killed? | 她被害那晚你在哪 |
[22:55] | With Mary Lou MacLaren. | 和玛丽·卢·麦凯伦在一起 |
[22:57] | The cheerleader you started boffing | 希拉里刚被送走 |
[22:59] | the minute Hilary was shipped off? | 你就勾搭上的那个拉拉队长 |
[23:01] | We were at a movie. | 我们去看电影了 |
[23:03] | Frankie Avalon, Annette Funicello. | 弗兰基·阿瓦隆和安妮特·富尼切洛演的 |
[23:05] | Bikini Beach. | 《比基尼海滩》 |
[23:07] | You’re a real door prize, Huck. | 你真走运啊 哈克 |
[23:09] | Look, I know I abandoned Hilary. | 听着 我知道我抛弃了希拉里 |
[23:13] | If I’d been a better guy, maybe she’d still be alive. | 如果当初我没那么混蛋 或许她就不会死 |
[23:16] | What about her threat to tell your parents? | 那她威胁要向你父母告发的事呢 |
[23:20] | She never did. | 她从说 |
[23:22] | Saying she just forgot? | 你的意思是她忘了 |
[23:24] | Saying I told her mother. | 我告诉了她母亲 |
[23:26] | Mrs. West? | 韦斯特太太 |
[23:28] | What exactly did you tell her? | 你具体跟她说了什么 |
[23:31] | That Hilary was planning to keep the baby. | 希拉里打算自己留着孩子 |
[23:35] | She hit the roof. | 她怒不可遏 |
[23:36] | That right? | 是吗 |
[23:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[23:40] | Said she’d go to St. Mary’s, | 她说她要去圣玛丽之家 |
[23:43] | set Hilary straight. | 纠正希拉里的错误 |
[23:47] | It was bad enough Hilary gets pregnant– | 希拉里怀孕这事就已经够糟了 |
[23:50] | now she’s determined to keep the kid. | 结果她还要留着孩子 |
[23:52] | Didn’t sit well with you, according to her boyfriend. | 据她男朋友说 你反应很大 |
[23:55] | I didn’t kill my daughter! | 我没杀我女儿 |
[23:57] | The rabbit-hair slippers… | 那双兔毛拖鞋… |
[23:59] | wasn’t the last time you saw her, was it? | 那不是你最后一次见她吧 |
[24:00] | I loved her more than anything in the world. | 我爱她胜过世上的一切 |
[24:02] | That’s what they all say. | 人们都这么说 |
[24:06] | Well,I just couldn’t let her life turn out the way mine did. | 我不能让她过像我一样的生活 |
[24:08] | Yeah? How’s that work? | 是吗 这怎么说 |
[24:12] | I dropped out of college to get married. | 大学的时候 我为了结婚退学了 |
[24:15] | Six months later, I had Hilary, | 半年后 我生了希拉里 |
[24:18] | and that was the end of me. | 我的人生就此终结了 |
[24:20] | Having a kid ended your life? | 生孩子终结了你的人生 |
[24:22] | Being married to one did. | 是跟一个孩子结婚终结了我的人生 |
[24:24] | Bill wouldn’t let me get a job. | 比尔不让我找工作 |
[24:26] | Turned me into his cook, his laundry girl. | 把我变成了他的厨子 老妈子 |
[24:30] | I wanted Hilary to be more than that, | 我希望希拉里能过得更好 |
[24:32] | the way I was more than that. | 就像我应该过得更好一样 |
[24:34] | And when Hilary wouldn’t give up the baby? | 可希拉里不愿意把孩子送走 |
[24:39] | She never had a choice. | 她从来都没得选 |
[24:46] | Mom… what are you doing here? | 妈妈 你在这干吗 |
[24:50] | Today’s an important day. | 今天是个重要的日子 |
[24:51] | Sister Margaret has some paperwork for you to sign. | 玛格丽特修女有些文件需要你签 |
[25:01] | To give up the baby? | 把孩子送人吗 |
[25:03] | Yes, Hilary. | 是的 希拉里 |
[25:09] | I don’t want to. | 我不愿意 |
[25:11] | Huck doesn’t want to marry you, Hilary. | 哈克不愿意和你结婚 希拉里 |
[25:13] | You can’t raise a child on your own. | 你自己养活不了孩子的 |
[25:15] | You are just a child yourself. | 你自己都还只是个孩子 |
[25:16] | Adoption will save both | 找人收养能让你和孩子 |
[25:18] | you and the baby from a lifetime of shame. | 一辈子免受侮辱 |
[25:20] | You don’t want people calling the baby a bastard, do you? | 你不想让孩子背上杂种的名声吧 |
[25:22] | No man will ever marry you if he knows what you’ve done. | 如果别人知道了你的事 没人会娶你的 |
[25:25] | I know you want a nice family someday, don’t you, Hilary? | 你也期望有个幸福的家庭吧 希拉里 |
[25:39] | On one side, I want you to write | 在纸的一面 我要你写下来 |
[25:41] | what an adoptive family can offer the baby. | 收养家庭能给孩子提供什么 |
[25:52] | A father. | 一个父亲 |
[25:54] | A house. | 一栋房子 |
[25:56] | A job. | 一份工作 |
[25:59] | Clothes. | 衣服 |
[26:01] | Food. | 食物 |
[26:03] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[26:05] | On the other side, I want you to write | 在另一面 我要你写下来 |
[26:07] | what you can offer the baby. | 你能给孩子什么 |
[26:24] | What did you put on your side? | 你那面写了什么 |
[26:28] | That’s all I have. “Love”. | 这是我仅有的东西 “爱” |
[26:36] | There is still so much ahead of you. | 你还有很长的路要走 |
[26:39] | College. | 上大学 |
[26:41] | Marriage, a family. | 结婚 成家 |
[26:45] | Trust me, sweetheart. Please. | 相信我 亲爱的 求求你 |
[27:02] | I’m going to make a tape for her, | 我要用我的新录音机 |
[27:05] | with my new tape recorder. | 给她录盘磁带 |
[27:06] | – Her? – The baby. Sunshine. | -她 -孩子 我的阳光宝贝 |
[27:13] | I want her to hear my voice. | 我想让她听到我的声音 |
[27:14] | Of course you do. | 当然 |
[27:17] | At least now I’ll get a chance to tell her. | 至少现在我有机会告诉她 |
[27:19] | Tell her what, sweetheart? | 告诉她什么 亲爱的 |
[27:23] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[27:33] | Surrender documents are the only legal contracts in America | 弃养文件在美国是唯一未成年人 |
[27:36] | that can be signed by a minor. | 能签署的法律合同 |
[27:40] | Doesn’t seem fair. | 这不公平 |
[27:41] | I was her mother. | 我是她的母亲 |
[27:43] | If anyone should’ve protected her, it was me. | 有谁该保护她 那也是我 |
[27:47] | What happened with the tape Hilary made for her baby? | 希拉里给她孩子录的磁带去哪了 |
[27:50] | I tried to listen to it. | 我试着去听过 |
[27:53] | Cried for a week. | 然后哭了一周 |
[27:57] | Still got it? | 还在吗 |
[27:59] | It’s all I have left of her. | 那是我仅有的她的东西 |
[28:03] | Would you give it to Barbara when you’re done? | 用完后能把磁带给芭芭拉吗 |
[28:08] | And tell her I’m sorry. | 然后告诉她我很抱歉 |
[28:24] | Hilary’s good-bye tape to her kid. | 希拉里给她孩子的道别磁带 |
[28:26] | Heartbreaking stuff. | 让人心碎啊 |
[28:28] | Well, it’s tough to give up a child. | 放弃孩子很不容易 |
[28:30] | Especially when you’re falling in love with her. | 特别是当你爱着她 |
[28:33] | I can’t even imagine it. | 我想都不敢想 |
[28:35] | Hilary recorded everything | 希拉里把她死前一周 |
[28:37] | that went on that last week before she died. | 发生的一切都录了下来 |
[28:39] | Anything relevant? | 有相关线索吗 |
[28:40] | The last entry might be. | 最后一段 |
[28:42] | Night Karen had her kid, | 凯伦分娩的那晚 |
[28:43] | Hilary found out what was really going on at St. Mary’s. | 希拉里发现了圣玛丽之家的真相 |
[28:50] | Dear Sunshine, | 亲爱的阳光宝贝 |
[28:52] | tonight Karen had her baby, her beautiful little boy. | 今晚凯伦生孩子了 她漂亮的儿子 |
[28:57] | But then she had to say good-bye. | 但她必须和他告别 |
[29:05] | I used all my 15 minutes to say good-bye to him. | 我整整15分钟都在和他道别 |
[29:10] | You’re going to be all right, Karen. | 你会没事的 凯伦 |
[29:13] | It felt like less than a second. | 感觉还不到一秒 |
[29:16] | I unwrapped him. | 我把他抱出来 |
[29:18] | Counted his fingers and toes. | 数了他的手指和脚趾 |
[29:23] | He was so perfect. | 他那么完美 |
[29:27] | The minute I saw him lying in his bassinet, | 我在摇篮里见到他的那一刻 |
[29:32] | I knew he belonged with me. | 就知道他是属于我的 |
[29:37] | How could they take him away? | 他们怎么能把他送走呢 |
[29:41] | We’ll get through this, okay? | 我们会渡过这关的 |
[29:44] | It’s not going to be easy, but we’ll help each other. | 这不容易 但我们会帮助彼此的 |
[29:48] | I want him back. I want my little boy. | 我想把他要回来 我想要我的宝宝 |
[29:51] | Sister Margaret said it’s a lawyer and his wife. | 玛格丽特修女说是个律师和他妻子领养的 |
[29:55] | That they’re rich. | 他们很有钱 |
[29:58] | They’ll be a good family. | 他会有个幸福的家庭的 |
[30:00] | They might be better parents, but he’s mine. | 他们可能是好家长 但他是我的孩子 |
[30:05] | I want him back in his bassinet. | 我想让他回来 回到他的摇篮里 |
[30:08] | Put him back… | 把他放回… |
[30:12] | Let’s go to your room, Karen. | 我们去你的屋子吧 凯伦 |
[30:15] | Back in his bassinet. | 放回他的摇篮里 |
[30:41] | Sister Margaret was selling the babies? | 玛格丽特修女在卖孩子 |
[30:45] | We talking black market? | 是黑市吗 |
[30:48] | And Hilary found out. | 希拉里发现了 |
[30:55] | Sister, we know the real reason | 修女 我们知道你不告诉警察 |
[30:56] | why you didn’t tell police about St Mary’s. | 圣玛丽之家的真实原因了 |
[30:58] | You were sellin’ babies to the highest bidder. | 你把孩子卖给了出价最高的人 |
[31:00] | And Hilary found out. | 希拉里发现了 |
[31:02] | You have no proof of that. | 你没有证据 |
[31:04] | Dug up your old records at St. Mary’s Parish. | 我们查了你在圣玛丽之家教区的旧记录 |
[31:07] | 140 girls came through the home on your watch. | 在你监管下有140个姑娘来到了圣玛丽之家 |
[31:09] | 112 official adoptions, Sister. | 只有112份正式收养记录 修女 |
[31:12] | 28, untraceable. | 还有28个了无踪影 |
[31:15] | I did it for the greater good. | 我是为了更高的善行 |
[31:18] | Is that how you sleep at night? | 你晚上就是这么入睡的吗 |
[31:20] | It took more than church donations to keep St. Mary’s running. | 单靠善款圣玛丽之家无法运转 |
[31:23] | And those babies went to | 而且那些孩子 |
[31:25] | couples who could afford to raise them right. | 都给了有能力抚养他们的家庭 |
[31:27] | You mean couples who could afford to cut in line. | 你指的是有钱加塞的夫妻吧 |
[31:29] | I never harmed any of those girls. | 我从没伤害过那些女孩 |
[31:31] | Isolation room, selling their kids. | 关禁闭 卖掉他们的孩子 |
[31:34] | You got a funny way of defining “harm.” | 你对”伤害”的定义真是有趣 |
[31:35] | The church told us that they were unfit to be mothers, | 教会说她们不够资格做母亲 |
[31:37] | and they’d just go out and do it again | 如果不对她们进行改造 |
[31:39] | if we didn’t reform them. | 她们出去后还会乱搞 |
[31:44] | I had to believe that… to do what I did. | 我必须相信这点 才能做我该做的事 |
[31:49] | Until Hilary convinced me that I was wrong. | 直到希拉里让我知道我做错了 |
[31:58] | Your time is up, Hilary. | 你的时间到了 希拉里 |
[32:01] | What? | 什么 |
[32:01] | I said your time is up. | 我说你的时间到了 |
[32:13] | I labored in the dark for 18 hours. | 我在黑暗中生产了18个小时 |
[32:18] | No one held my hand or told me what was happening. | 没有人握着我的手 告诉我发生了什么 |
[32:23] | I thought I would die from the pain. | 我以为我会因为疼痛死去 |
[32:25] | I thought I couldn’t go on. | 我以为我坚持不下去了 |
[32:29] | And then I saw her. | 然后我看到了她 |
[32:33] | And she saw me. | 她也看到了我 |
[32:35] | And she knew I was her mother. | 她知道我是她母亲 |
[32:42] | No matter what you do, you can never take that away. | 不论你做什么 你永远夺不走这段关系 |
[32:47] | I’m her mother. | 我是她母亲 |
[32:51] | I suppose a few more minutes wouldn’t hurt anyone. | 多待几分钟也无妨 |
[32:54] | What you’re doing here… | 你都在干些什么… |
[32:56] | you lied to us about everything. | 你从头到尾都在骗我们 |
[33:00] | Because how could I be bad and make an angel like her? | 如果我是个坏女孩 怎么可能有这样的天使 |
[33:08] | Sister? | 修女 |
[33:12] | Isn’t love enough? | 难道爱还不够吗 |
[33:21] | Your baby’s adoptive parents won’t be here till the morning. | 你孩子的寄养父母早上才到 |
[33:25] | The nursery door is always open. | 育婴室的门会一直开着 |
[33:28] | Tonight the back door will be, too. | 今晚后门也会开着 |
[33:38] | ♪ You are my sunshine | ♪ 你是我的阳光 ♪ |
[33:41] | ♪ My only sunshine ♪ | ♪ 我唯一的阳光 ♪ |
[33:44] | ♪ You make me happy ♪ | ♪ 当天空乌云密布 ♪ |
[33:46] | ♪ When skies are gray ♪ | ♪ 是你给我快乐 ♪ |
[33:50] | ♪ You’ll never know, dear ♪ | ♪ 你不会明了 宝贝 ♪ |
[33:53] | ♪ How much I love you ♪ | ♪ 我多么爱你 ♪ |
[33:56] | ♪ Please don’t take my sunshine away ♪ | ♪ 请不要带走我的阳光 ♪ |
[34:07] | Sometimes, when I can’t fall asleep, | 有时候 我睡不着的时候 |
[34:10] | I try to picture their faces: | 会想她们的样子 |
[34:14] | the girls and their babies. | 那些姑娘和她们的孩子 |
[34:21] | I ask them to forgive me. | 我请求他们原谅 |
[34:26] | That was the last you saw of Hilary? | 那就是你最后一次见到希拉里 |
[34:28] | Yes. | 对 |
[34:30] | She left that night. | 她那晚离开了 |
[34:32] | So why didn’t she leave the baby behind? | 那她为什么把孩子留下了 |
[34:35] | She must have been in a real hurry | 她当时一定很着急 |
[34:37] | because she put her in a boy’s bassinet. | 因为她把她放在了一个男孩的摇篮里 |
[34:40] | That created some confusion the next morning. | 第二天早上还弄出了误会 |
[34:45] | The boy’s bassinet? You remember whose? | 男孩的摇篮 你还记得是谁的吗 |
[34:49] | Karen Watson’s. | 凯伦·沃森的 |
[35:08] | This one time I’m six years old, in the mall. | 我六岁的时候 在商场里 |
[35:16] | I stare into the toy store, | 我盯着玩具店看 |
[35:18] | and I realize my mom’s gone. | 然后发现我妈妈不见了 |
[35:22] | So I go in, play with the toys till someone notices me. | 我走了进去玩玩具 直到有人发现了我 |
[35:30] | Calls her over the loudspeaker, | 在广播里面找她 |
[35:35] | and, uh… she plays it off like she lost me ’cause of the crowds. | 她装作人多走散了 |
[35:41] | But I could smell the booze on her breath. | 但我能闻到她呼出的酒气 |
[35:47] | There a point to this? | 你想说什么 |
[35:49] | Some mothers, | 有些母亲 |
[35:51] | not really meant to be mothers. | 不该成为母亲 |
[35:54] | That’s why you brought me here? | 你就因为这个把我带到这来了 |
[35:55] | Take a trip down memory lane? | 回忆往事 |
[35:57] | You don’t think about it at all? | 你完全不想这事吗 |
[36:00] | Giving up your baby? | 把自己的孩子送人 |
[36:03] | Did it, and it’s done. | 都是以前的事了 木已成舟 |
[36:06] | It’s not a big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[36:11] | A lot of people say the worst thing that can happen | 很多人说世上最糟糕的事 |
[36:14] | is losing your kid. | 就是失去自己的孩子 |
[36:15] | Probably no different for a mother forced to give up her baby. | 也许对被迫放弃自己孩子的母亲也是如此 |
[36:19] | It was a piece of cake for me. | 这对我来说不过小菜一碟 |
[36:23] | Then why wasn’t 15 minutes enough? | 那为什么15分钟不够 |
[36:28] | The only way you could handle the pain | 你能忍受痛苦的唯一方式 |
[36:31] | was to live like you didn’t care, | 就是装作若无其事 |
[36:35] | but I know you do. | 但我知道你做不到 |
[36:37] | Turns out you’re not the tough girl you pretended to be. | 原来你并不是表现出的那样坚强 |
[36:42] | You’ve been looking for him your whole life. | 你一生都在找他 |
[36:44] | A member of every online-adoption-search group. | 你加入了网上所有寻找领养儿童团体 |
[36:49] | You couldn’t let go of him, could you? | 你就是放不下 对吧 |
[36:59] | They said it was going to be easy. | 他们说这很简单 |
[37:03] | They lied. | 他们撒谎了 |
[37:11] | Not a day goes by that I don’t think about him, | 没有哪一天我不会想起他 |
[37:16] | pray that he’s okay. | 祈祷着他一切安好 |
[37:21] | Whatever mistakes a mother makes… | 不论一个母亲犯下怎样的错误 |
[37:27] | nothing is stronger than her love for her child. | 都没有什么比她对孩子的爱更强烈 |
[37:32] | No different if she surrendered him or she lost her in the mall. | 不管是把他送给别人 还是丢在商场 |
[37:49] | I found your son. | 我找到了你儿子 |
[37:55] | My son? | 我儿子 |
[37:57] | He wants to meet you. | 他想见你 |
[38:01] | You took Hilary’s baby, didn’t you, Karen? | 你抢走了希拉里的孩子 对吧 凯伦 |
[38:05] | You put her in your son’s bassinet. | 你把她放到了你儿子的摇篮里 |
[38:09] | I wanted to keep her. | 我想留着她 |
[38:12] | Until I realized… | 直到我发现… |
[38:15] | no one in the world could replace my little boy. | 这世上任何人都无法替代我的孩子 |
[38:58] | Hilary! | 希拉里 |
[38:59] | Hilary, wait! It’s me! | 希拉里 等等 是我 |
[39:02] | What are you doing? | 你要干吗 |
[39:05] | They’re selling the babies, Karen, | 他们在卖孩子 凯伦 |
[39:07] | not giving them to families. | 不是把孩子送给收养家庭 |
[39:09] | That’s not true. | 这不可能 |
[39:16] | Hilary! | 希拉里 |
[39:20] | Hilary, stop! | 希拉里 停下 |
[39:23] | They lied to us about everything. | 所有的事都是他们编出来的 |
[39:25] | We won’t forget them. We’re mothers now. | 我们不会忘掉他们 我们现在是母亲了 |
[39:28] | I’ll never love anything more. | 我不会像爱她一样爱任何事了 |
[39:30] | But you said we’d help each other. | 但你说过我们会帮助彼此的 |
[39:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:36] | I have to go. | 我必须得走了 |
[39:37] | Go?! What?! | 走 什么 |
[39:38] | – Me and Sunshine! – You can’t just take her! | -我和阳光宝贝 -你不能把她带走 |
[39:40] | It’s the only way I can keep her! | 只有这样我才能留住她 |
[39:41] | I had to give up my baby, so do you! | 我必须放弃我的孩子 你也一样 |
[39:44] | No! She’s mine. | 不 她是我的 |
[39:49] | She needs to go back. | 她得回去 |
[39:51] | You got to put that baby back! | 你得把孩子还回去 |
[39:54] | Put him back! | 把他放回去 |
[39:56] | – What? – Put him back! | -什么 -把他放回去 |
[39:58] | You can’t take him from me! You can’t take my baby! | 你不能把他带走 你不能把我的孩子带走 |
[40:01] | Karen, what are you talking about? | 凯伦 你在说什么 |
[40:03] | He’s mine, not yours. He’s my baby. | 他是我的 不是你的 他是我的孩子 |
[40:07] | I want him back! | 把他还给我 |
[40:10] | I want him back! | 把他还给我 |
[41:02] | 歌曲:”You are My Sunshine” 歌手:Carly Simon | |
[42:51] | 结案 1964年5月 希拉里·韦斯特 |