| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:30] | Honestly, Z, was there a party where you didn’t drop trou? | 说真的 小齐 有哪个派对你没脱裤子吗 |
| [00:33] | Question is why ? It’s elfin. | 关键是为什么要脱 太搞了 |
| [00:36] | Can’t even see it. | 根本看不到啊 |
| [00:38] | Exactly. | 没错 |
| [00:43] | Bobby Kennedy, eat your heart out. | 鲍比·肯尼迪 太令人心碎了 |
| [00:51] | Oh, God, no. | 老天啊 |
| [00:53] | I will pay you $100 to destroy that. I’m not kidding. | 我给你一百块毁掉这张照片 不开玩笑 |
| [00:59] | Ow! Looking sexy, sweetie. | 真辣 亲爱的 |
| [01:02] | Just what the doctor likes. | 医生就喜欢你这样的 |
| [01:03] | Uh… sweetie, that’s Sara. | 亲爱的 这是萨拉 |
| [01:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
| [01:10] | We looked alike once upon a time. | 我们以前看起来很像 |
| [01:12] | We still do. You’re just prettier. | 现在也像 你还更漂亮了 |
| [01:15] | First six months I knew these two, thought they were sisters. | 我认识她俩的头六个月 一直以为她们是亲姐妹 |
| [01:17] | ‘Cause you were on acid your entire freshman year. | 因为你整个大一都嗑迷幻药嗑得不清醒 |
| [01:20] | Come on, guys. Z wasn’t always on acid. | 算了吧 小齐也不是天天嗑迷幻药 |
| [01:24] | Yeah. I switched to mushrooms sophomore year. | 没错 我大二就改嗑迷幻蘑菇了 |
| [01:27] | How much longer you going to torture us, Jack? | 你还要折磨我们多久 杰克 |
| [01:29] | Oh, I love these pictures. | 我喜欢这些照片 |
| [01:31] | Reminds me of the freedom of our college days. | 让我想起了我们大学时代的自由时光 |
| [01:34] | How we all met. | 我们是如何遇见的 |
| [01:35] | I’d go back in a heartbeat. | 我真想让时光倒流 |
| [01:37] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
| [01:38] | Uh-huh. Back then, I had so much time. | 那时候我有很多时间 |
| [01:40] | Spent it with you guys. And now… | 能经常跟你们在一起 而现在 |
| [01:43] | Work people. | 都忙着工作 |
| [01:44] | Bills people. Commute people. | 忙着讨生活 忙着应酬 |
| [01:46] | Voted-for-Reagan people. | 忙着给里根投票 |
| [01:54] | McBride. | 麦克布莱德 |
| [01:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
| [01:58] | I don’t know how that one got in there. | 我不知道这张是怎么混进来的 |
| [02:07] | I guess the show is over. | 就到这里吧 |
| [02:50] | Johanna? Everything all right? | 乔安娜 没事吧 |
| [03:27] | – Morning, boss. – Morning. | -早 头儿 -早 |
| [03:29] | Louie. | 路易 |
| [03:30] | Hey, Rush, long time. | 拉什 好久不见 |
| [03:33] | Looking good. | 今天看起来不错 |
| [03:35] | Back at ya, Louie. | 你也是 路易 |
| [03:37] | Couple named Jack and Johanna Kimball died here in 1981. | 1981年 杰克和乔安娜·金博尔夫妇在此身亡 |
| [03:42] | It looked like an accidental gas leak explosion. | 看起来像是燃气爆炸意外事故 |
| [03:45] | Yeah, “Looked” being the operative word. | 关键词是”看起来” |
| [03:47] | Blast from the stove | 燃气灶爆炸 |
| [03:49] | ripped through a portion of the kitchen floor. | 炸穿了部分厨房地板 |
| [03:51] | Debris fell behind the basement drywall. | 碎片落在了地下室墙板后面 |
| [03:54] | Did the owner find something? | 屋主发现了什么吗 |
| [03:56] | Construction foreman did while doing renovations. | 是建筑工头装修时发现的 |
| [03:59] | Fragments of a pipe cap… | 管帽的碎片 |
| [04:03] | and melted battery. | 和熔化的电池 |
| [04:05] | Talking bomb? | 是炸弹吗 |
| [04:06] | A bomb specifically designed to mimic a gas explosion. | 专门用于伪造燃气爆炸的炸弹 |
| [04:09] | That’s why they didn’t find anything back in ’81? | 所以他们在81年才没有发现异常 |
| [04:12] | Yep. | 对 |
| [04:13] | Can’t find what you’re not looking for, right? | 根本没往这上面想 当然不可能发现异常 |
| [04:16] | – Battery was used for a triggering device? – Bingo. | -电池是用在引爆装置上的吧 -对 |
| [04:19] | What kind of couple were these two? | 这对夫妇为人怎么样 |
| [04:20] | Clean-cut. Upwardly mobile. | 品行优良 社会地位上升期 |
| [04:23] | And blown to bits. | 就这么被炸得粉身碎骨 |
| [05:03] | One-page report. | 报告只有一页 |
| [05:04] | Bodies blasted to smithereens. | 尸体被炸成了碎片 |
| [05:06] | Nothing we don’t know. | 这些我们都知道了 |
| [05:09] | The Kimballs met at Penn, got married in 1973. | 金博尔夫妇结识于宾大 1973年结了婚 |
| [05:13] | Jack was an ad copywriter. | 杰克做广告文案 |
| [05:14] | Johanna was a corporate lawyer. | 乔安娜是个企业律师 |
| [05:16] | No kids. | 没有子女 |
| [05:18] | All work and no play. | 只知道工作 不懂得享乐 |
| [05:19] | Young couple making a lot of money, settled into the Main Line. | 年轻夫妇赚了不少钱 落户梅因莱恩富人区 |
| [05:22] | 1981. | 1981年 |
| [05:23] | First wave of yuppies. | 第一代雅皮士 |
| [05:25] | College friend named Sara Lowell paid for their funerals. | 他们的大学好友萨拉·洛厄尔出钱替他们办了葬礼 |
| [05:28] | Lil and Scotty are starting there. | 阿莉和史考特正从那里开始调查 |
| [05:32] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
| [05:36] | Hey, Janie. | 小简 |
| [05:37] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
| [05:39] | Hey, Sean, how ya doing? | 肖恩 你怎么样 |
| [05:41] | Okay. | 我很好 |
| [05:42] | What do you got there? | 手里拿着的是什么 |
| [05:43] | Avatar Aang. | 神通安昂 |
| [05:44] | He can bend air. | 他能御气 |
| [05:45] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
| [05:47] | Go wait in Grampa’s office, sweetie. | 去外公的办公室等我 亲爱的 |
| [05:49] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上过去 |
| [05:55] | You okay, Janie? | 你没事吧 小简 |
| [05:56] | Yeah. | 没事 |
| [05:58] | No. | 其实有事 |
| [05:59] | I was wondering if you could take Sean for a couple of days. | 你能不能照看肖恩几天 |
| [06:01] | Mom’s in Florida. | 妈去佛罗里达了 |
| [06:03] | Sure, sure. | 当然 当然 |
| [06:04] | Carl and I need a night together to talk. | 我和卡尔得找个晚上单独谈谈 |
| [06:07] | Something happen? | 发生什么事了吗 |
| [06:08] | No. We’ve just become strangers who live in the same house. | 没有 只是我们同住一个屋檐下却形同陌路 |
| [06:13] | Janie, I know I’m the last person to give advice on this… | 小简 我知道我是最没资格给你建议的 |
| [06:18] | Good, bad, whatever it is. | 不管结果是好是坏 |
| [06:20] | Don’t leave anything left unsaid. | 不要有任何保留 |
| [06:23] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
| [06:26] | You sure you can handle Sean? | 你确定你带得了肖恩 |
| [06:29] | I could handle you, right? | 我不还带过你嘛 |
| [06:53] | These flowers are beautiful, Sara. | 这些花真美 萨拉 |
| [06:55] | What are they? | 是什么花 |
| [06:58] | Cattleya orchids. | 卡特利亚兰 |
| [07:00] | Rely on other shoots to bloom. | 附生在其他植物上才能生长开花 |
| [07:02] | My mom always said they symbolized | 我妈妈总是说它们 |
| [07:04] | the strength of family. | 象征着家庭的力量 |
| [07:06] | – Hmm, pretty. – Thank you. | -很漂亮 -谢谢 |
| [07:08] | Any thoughts on who’d want to hurt Jack or Johanna? | 知道谁有可能会想伤害杰克和乔安娜吗 |
| [07:10] | None. | 没有人 |
| [07:12] | They were a young, happy couple, no enemies. | 他们是幸福的小两口 从不树敌 |
| [07:14] | So when’d you last see them? | 你最后一次见到他们是什么时候 |
| [07:16] | They hosted a… | 他们办了一个 |
| [07:17] | a college reunion weekend. | 大学同学周末聚会 |
| [07:19] | We left on Saturday. | 我们周六离开 |
| [07:21] | Next night they were dead. | 第二天晚上他们就死了 |
| [07:24] | Reunion? | 聚会 |
| [07:25] | Fun times? | 玩得开心吗 |
| [07:26] | Well, there was lots of partying and talking into the night. | 就是吃喝玩乐 聊天到深夜 |
| [07:29] | Like the old days. | 就跟大学时一样 |
| [07:30] | You didn’t have such a wonderful time? | 你没觉得很开心吗 |
| [07:33] | I was… still kind of stuck in my old hippie ways. | 那时我还停留在嬉皮的生活方式 |
| [07:37] | Didn’t fit very well into the decade of greed. | 跟”贪婪的十年”有点格格不入 |
| [07:40] | Jack and Johanna, they hippies, too, back in the day? | 杰克和乔安娜在那时也是嬉皮士吗 |
| [07:44] | No, I was the hippie. | 不 只有我是 |
| [07:45] | They were the true activists. | 他们曾是真正的激进分子 |
| [07:47] | The height of the Vietnam War. | 那时正是越战如火如荼的时候 |
| [07:49] | They were protesting against | 他们抗议 |
| [07:50] | an America that had become an imperialist bully. | 美国成为了帝国主义恶霸 |
| [07:54] | Sounds vaguely familiar. | 听起来似曾相识 |
| [07:55] | Capitalism was a dirty word for us in ’71. | 七一年 我们觉得”资本主义”是个肮脏的词 |
| [07:59] | And in ’81? | 那1981年呢 |
| [08:00] | For some of us | 对我们中有的人来说 |
| [08:02] | not so dirty anymore. | 已经不再那么肮脏了 |
| [08:11] | 300 watts a channel. | 三百瓦的功率 |
| [08:13] | Nice. | 赞 |
| [08:14] | How much? | 多少钱 |
| [08:16] | I try not to dwell on that. | 我尽量不去多想这些 |
| [08:17] | Why? Don’t feel guilty. You earned it. | 为什么 别内疚 这是你挣来的 |
| [08:19] | By writing candy bar slogans. | 靠写糖果广告挣来的 |
| [08:22] | Remember when we wanted our talents to serve a purpose? | 记得那时我们想用才智实现理想吗 |
| [08:24] | Purpose is for Cub Scouts. | 童子军才有这种抱负 |
| [08:29] | Hey, I just turned that down. | 我刚把声音调小了 |
| [08:30] | It’s still too loud. | 还是太响了 |
| [08:32] | Neighbors? | 邻居会有意见的 |
| [08:32] | It’s Friday night. | 现在是星期五晚上 |
| [08:34] | You’re not ready for bed. | 没人会那么早睡觉的 |
| [08:35] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没这么说 |
| [08:37] | Refill? | 帮我再倒点酒 |
| [08:38] | At your service. | 乐意效劳 |
| [08:41] | Sara? You want something? | 萨拉 你要来点什么吗 |
| [08:43] | I think I’ll join you. | 我跟你一起去吧 |
| [08:51] | Remember that summer freshman year? | 记得大一的那个夏天吗 |
| [08:54] | You visited me. My parents were gone. | 你来找我 我父母不在家 |
| [09:00] | Feels like yesterday. | 感觉像昨天 |
| [09:02] | Yesterday being 12 years ago. | “昨天”已经过去十二年了 |
| [09:04] | I know. I think about those days too much. | 我知道 我经常想起那段日子 |
| [09:12] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
| [09:14] | Fixing your hair. Relax. | 帮你理头发 别紧张 |
| [09:17] | Well, fix it in front of Jack next time. | 下次在杰克面前帮我理吧 |
| [09:20] | All right, don’t put on airs with me. | 得了 别跟我装正经 |
| [09:22] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
| [09:23] | You’re a long way from that one-bedroom apartment in Newark. | 你离纽瓦克那间一室公寓已经很远了 |
| [09:29] | Grow up, Porter. | 成熟点吧 波特 |
| [09:30] | Stop acting like you just stepped off the Mayflower. | 少给我摆一副清高样儿 |
| [09:32] | Your dad was a plumber. | 你爸只不过是个管道工 |
| [09:34] | You know, isn’t it ironic | 你现在为军工承包商工作 |
| [09:36] | that you work for a military contractor? | 有没有觉得很讽刺 |
| [09:40] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
| [09:41] | I wonder what your boss would say | 我在想要是你老板知道 |
| [09:42] | if he knew what you did in college. | 你在大学里干的那些事会怎么样 |
| [09:45] | I take it back. | 我收回之前的话 |
| [09:46] | You haven’t changed a bit. | 你一点都没变 |
| [09:47] | You’re still a manipulative bitch. | 还是那个爱摆布人的贱人 |
| [09:51] | I drive by your office all the time. | 我经常开车路过你工作的地方 |
| [09:53] | Maybe I’ll stop in and say hi. | 也许哪天我会去拜访 |
| [09:55] | You ever go near my workplace, | 你要是敢接近的话 |
| [09:57] | it’ll be the last thing you do. | 那天就是你的死期 |
| [10:14] | What was Johanna talking about? | 乔安娜是什么意思 |
| [10:16] | I’m not sure. | 我也不太清楚 |
| [10:18] | It was… it was very complicated | 他们之间 |
| [10:19] | between those two. | 很复杂 |
| [10:20] | Complicated how? | 怎么个复杂法 |
| [10:22] | Well, they used to date | 他们以前约会过 |
| [10:22] | before Johanna broke it off for Jack. | 后来乔安娜为了杰克甩了他 |
| [10:26] | I don’t think Porter ever got over her. | 我觉得波特一直对此耿耿于怀 |
| [10:29] | He show up at the funeral? | 他有来参加葬礼吗 |
| [10:30] | I paid for it, but I didn’t go. | 葬礼的钱是我出的 可我没去 |
| [10:33] | I wanted to remember Jack and Johanna as they were. | 我想保留杰克和乔安娜在我记忆中的样子 |
| [10:37] | I never saw any of them | 那个周末之后 |
| [10:38] | again after that weekend. | 我再也没见过他们 |
| [10:43] | First Johanna dumps you and disses you. | 乔安娜甩了你 羞辱了你 |
| [10:45] | Pissed you off pretty bad. | 让你非常恼火 |
| [10:48] | She had some dirt on you. | 她手上有你的把柄 |
| [10:49] | Maybe you stopped her from talking. | 也许你就是为此灭了她的口 |
| [10:51] | I’d never hurt Johanna, never. | 我绝不会伤害乔安娜 绝不会 |
| [10:53] | Funny. | 有意思 |
| [10:54] | You’re still not telling us what she had on you. | 你还没告诉我们她有你什么把柄 |
| [10:56] | Fine. | 好吧 |
| [10:58] | We were caught | 大一的时候 |
| [10:59] | by campus security one drunken night our freshman year. | 我们有一次喝醉酒被校园保安抓到了 |
| [11:02] | For doing what? | 你们干了什么 |
| [11:02] | Breaking into Penn’s ROTC headquarters, | 闯进了宾大的预备役军官训练部队总部 |
| [11:05] | smashing it up with a baseball bat. | 用棒球棒砸东西 |
| [11:06] | Ten years later | 结果十年后 |
| [11:07] | you’re working for a company with huge military contracts. | 你却在一家军工企业工作 |
| [11:11] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜看 |
| [11:12] | This little ROTC incident wasn’t on your resume? | 这件小事故没有写进你的简历里吧 |
| [11:15] | What do you think, Einstein? | 你觉得呢 爱因斯坦 |
| [11:16] | I think you should answer “Yes” Or “No.” | 你该回答”是”或”不是” |
| [11:19] | That all she had on you? | 她手上就这些吗 |
| [11:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
| [11:23] | Why do I know you’re lying? | 我怎么觉得你在撒谎呢 |
| [11:25] | Porter. | 波特 |
| [11:26] | You’re a suspect in a double homicide. | 你现在是这起双重谋杀案的嫌疑人 |
| [11:28] | We’ll dig deep | 我们会千方百计地 |
| [11:29] | into your background, leave no stone unturned. | 深入调查你的背景 |
| [11:31] | We’re much more sympathetic | 嫌疑人自己坦白 |
| [11:33] | to suspects that do the digging for us. | 更容易获得我们的同情 |
| [11:36] | Look, we were wanna-be Che Guevaras | 我们效仿切·格瓦拉[古巴革命领袖] |
| [11:39] | out to change the world. | 去改变世界 |
| [11:40] | So? | 然后呢 |
| [11:41] | It’s not what Johanna had on me. | 不是乔安娜抓住了我的把柄 |
| [11:43] | It’s what Z had on all of us. | 而是小齐抓住了我们所有人的把柄 |
| [11:53] | Hide the children! | 别让孩子出来 |
| [11:56] | You’re gonna wash that seat off, | 你骑完会去洗车座 |
| [11:58] | right, Z? | 对吧 小齐 |
| [12:01] | It ain’t any bigger in real life, pal. | 这样不会让那活儿变大的 伙计 |
| [12:09] | Enough, Z. | 行了 小齐 |
| [12:11] | I got neighbors. | 邻居会说闲话的 |
| [12:14] | Now we care about what the neighbors think, Jack? | 现在还得在乎邻居的看法了吗 杰克 |
| [12:17] | Yeah. Yeah, ’cause I’m the schmuck | 是啊 谁让我那么蠢 |
| [12:19] | with a nude houseguest riding a bike. | 请了个光着身子骑车的客人 |
| [12:23] | ∮ Something is happening here ∮ | 有些事正在发生 |
| [12:26] | ∮ But you don’t know what it is ∮ | 可你不知道是什么 |
| [12:30] | ∮ Do you ∮ | 是这样吗 |
| [12:32] | ∮ Mr. Jones? ∮ | 琼斯先生 |
| [12:35] | Knock it off, Z. | 别闹了 小齐 |
| [12:36] | ∮ You don’t know what it is ∮ | 你不知道是什么 |
| [12:40] | ∮ Do you, Mr. Jones? ∮ | 是这样吗 琼斯先生 |
| [12:44] | You want to say something to me? | 你有什么话要对我说吗 |
| [12:48] | Used to be my hero, Jack. | 你曾是我的偶像 杰克 |
| [12:52] | Your words inspired me. | 你的话激励过我 |
| [12:55] | All of us. | 我们所有人 |
| [12:56] | What about the plans we had, man? | 我们曾经的理想呢 |
| [13:00] | Was it ever about the cause, Jack? | 你真的有过理想吗 杰克 |
| [13:03] | Or was it just about | 还是一直以来 |
| [13:05] | you hearing yourself talk? | 你都只是在自说自话 |
| [13:08] | Go to hell. | 下地狱去吧 |
| [13:11] | I’ll see you there. | 我们地狱见 |
| [13:14] | Mr. Jones. | 琼斯先生 |
| [13:31] | – Mr. Jones? – Jones Family. | -琼斯先生 -琼斯家族 |
| [13:34] | Radical underground student group in the ’70s. | 七十年代的激进地下学生组织 |
| [13:37] | Espoused violence for a change. | 主张以暴力促进社会变革 |
| [13:38] | I heard of them when I was on patrol. | 我当巡警那会儿听说过 |
| [13:41] | Like the Weathermen. | 跟”气象员”差不多 |
| [13:42] | Used to plant bombs in public places | 在公共场所安放炸弹 |
| [13:44] | to protest the Vietnam War. | 以此来反越战 |
| [13:46] | Violence to end wars. Makes sense. | 用暴力来制止战争 有道理啊 |
| [13:48] | Jack was a member? | 杰克是组织成员吗 |
| [13:49] | We all kind of were. Went to a few meetings, but… | 我们都是 参加过几次集会 不过 |
| [13:52] | I thought they were all nuts. | 我觉得他们都是疯子 |
| [13:54] | Bombing for peace was like humping for virginity. | 炸弹袭击之于和平就如同交合之于童贞 |
| [13:59] | Just a few meetings? | 只参加了几次集会 |
| [14:01] | That’s it. | 是的 |
| [14:05] | FBI sent over photos of the Jones Family Philly headquarters. | 联调局传来了琼斯家族费城总部的照片 |
| [14:08] | See what Porter’s definition of a few is. | 看看波特是怎么定义”几次”的 |
| [14:11] | Miller. In here. Now. | 米勒 进来一下 立刻 |
| [14:23] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
| [14:26] | How in the hell do you open this thing? | 这玩意怎么才能打开 |
| [14:29] | There’s this new device called a straw. | 有一种新装备叫吸管 |
| [14:31] | Straw? | 吸管 |
| [14:37] | I didn’t see that. | 我没看到 |
| [14:39] | Why don’t you let the four-year-old show you? | 让四岁小孩教教你吧 |
| [14:42] | Hey, Sean, how about some juice, buddy? | 肖恩 要喝点果汁吗 小家伙 |
| [14:45] | Sure. | 好呀 |
| [14:52] | You wanna go interview a murder suspect or something, boss? | 你想去对嫌疑人进行问话吗 头儿 |
| [14:56] | Calm yourself down? | 好冷静一下 |
| [15:00] | FBI surveillance photos. The Jones Family. | 联调局对琼斯家族的监控照片 |
| [15:03] | Porter’s full of it. | 上面到处都是波特 |
| [15:05] | They were at a lot of meetings. | 他们参加了很多次集会 |
| [15:07] | Not Sara, though. | 不过萨拉不在 |
| [15:08] | No FBI files on any of them specifically. | 联调局没有针对他们任何一人的档案 |
| [15:10] | Either they really only attended meetings… | 要不就是他们真的只是参加了集会 |
| [15:12] | Or they were never caught blowing something up. | 或者他们发动炸弹袭击的时候没有被抓到 |
| [15:15] | Well, one of them was handy with bombs. | 他们其中的一个对炸弹很在行 |
| [15:17] | – What do you got? – College files. | -查到什么了 -大学档案 |
| [15:19] | Z took out a lot of student loans. | 小齐申请了一大笔学生贷款 |
| [15:21] | Paid them off working summers at Helm Drilling & Blasting, | 用暑假在赫尔姆钻井爆破公司还贷款 |
| [15:24] | big construction company. | 是个大型建筑公司 |
| [15:26] | Blasting? | 爆破 |
| [15:27] | Z worked demolition. | 小齐负责爆破拆除 |
| [15:28] | Peace-loving hippie was an expert with explosive devices. | 热爱和平的嬉皮士是个爆破专家 |
| [15:38] | Where were you in ’71? | 1971年你在哪儿 |
| [15:40] | Year out of the Air Force. Worked a foot beat. | 从空军退役 当了巡警 |
| [15:42] | Any run-ins with these Jones Family punks? | 遇见过琼斯家族的混球们吗 |
| [15:45] | Nah, worked crowd control at some protest marches. | 没 我负责在一些抗议游行的现场控制人流 |
| [15:48] | Thousands gathered right here. | 几千人就聚集在这里 |
| [15:50] | These kids ever go to class? | 那些小孩不上学么 |
| [15:52] | Who has time for class when there’s a revolution going on? | 发动革命时谁还有心思上课 |
| [15:55] | Revolution, my ass. | 革命个屁啊 |
| [15:57] | Takes a silver spoon to have so much time to protest. | 只有富家子弟有闲心抗议 |
| [16:00] | Most college kids’ hearts were in the right place. | 多数大学生还是处于善意的 |
| [16:02] | My uncle served two tours in Vietnam. | 我叔叔在越南服役了两年 |
| [16:06] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
| [16:07] | Got home, walked through the airport, | 回到家乡 刚走出机场 |
| [16:10] | and two of those good-hearted college students | 就被两个”善良”的大学生 |
| [16:13] | threw eggs in his face. | 砸了一脸鸡蛋 |
| [16:15] | Complicated times, Nick. | 那是个复杂的年代 尼克 |
| [16:17] | Just like today. | 就像如今一样 |
| [16:24] | Professor Zimmerman? | 是齐默尔曼教授吗 |
| [16:30] | To what do I owe the honor, detectives? | 什么风把你们吹来了 警探们 |
| [16:32] | How’d you know who we are? | 你怎么知道我们是谁 |
| [16:33] | Oh, it’s a talent I’ve long had. | 这可是我的特长 |
| [16:35] | For spotting guys that are gonna ruin your day? | 你的特长就是能猜到来扫你兴的人 |
| [16:37] | Philly Homicide. | 费城警局凶案组 |
| [16:39] | Got a few questions about Jack and Johanna Kimball. | 有几个关于杰克与乔安娜·金博尔的问题要问你 |
| [16:42] | Jack and Johanna? | 杰克和乔安娜 |
| [16:45] | Turns out they were murdered back in ’81. | 调查显示1981年他们是死于谋杀的 |
| [16:48] | Accidental explosion was really a bomb | 所谓的意外爆炸其实是有人 |
| [16:50] | planted behind their kitchen stove. | 在他们的燃气灶后面安放了炸弹 |
| [16:51] | Reminiscent of what you and your pals | 让人不由想起了你和你的同伙 |
| [16:53] | in the Jones Family used to do. | 以前在琼斯家族时干过的事 |
| [16:55] | I… I can’t believe this. | 我… 我真不敢相信 |
| [16:59] | Understand you knew a thing or two about explosives. | 听说你对炸药略懂一二 |
| [17:01] | And you were in a fight with Jack at your little reunion party? | 而且你和杰克还在同学聚会上发生了口角 |
| [17:06] | Jack and I… we worked it out. | 杰克和我重归于好了 |
| [17:08] | Yeah? Where were you the night he died? | 是吗 他遇害当晚你在哪里 |
| [17:11] | I was already home. | 我已经回家了 |
| [17:12] | – Alone? – Yeah. | -一个人吗 -对 |
| [17:13] | Great alibi, Z. | 这不在场证明好啊 小齐 |
| [17:14] | Did the butler do it, too? | 还要推给管家吗 |
| [17:16] | Look, um… | 听着 |
| [17:18] | if anyone had a problem with Jack that weekend… | 如果要说那个周末有谁对杰克很不满的话 |
| [17:22] | it was Sara. | 应该是萨拉 |
| [17:34] | I’m sorry I rode your bicycle naked | 抱歉 我不该戴着罗纳德·里根的面具 |
| [17:37] | in a Ronald Reagan mask, Jack. | 光着身子骑你的自行车 杰克 |
| [17:40] | Forget it. | 没关系 |
| [17:41] | Wouldn’t be a party without seeing your ass. | 没看到你光屁股就算不上是派对了 |
| [17:45] | – I miss you, man. – That’s all. | -我很想你 -这样啊 |
| [17:47] | I miss how it used to be with all of us. | 我怀念我们几个共度的那些日子 |
| [17:50] | So do I. | 我也是 |
| [17:53] | You know what I’m gonna do? | 知道我打算做什么吗 |
| [17:55] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算做什么 |
| [17:57] | When I go home tomorrow… | 等我明天回到家 |
| [17:59] | I’m gonna propose to my girlfriend. | 我要向女友求婚 |
| [18:03] | Well, I thought you didn’t believe in the archaic, | 我还以为你不相信传统习俗 |
| [18:06] | oppressive bonds of marriage. | 忍受不了婚姻的束缚呢 |
| [18:09] | Oh, you and Johanna make it so cool. | 你和乔安娜又让我重新相信婚姻了 |
| [18:11] | With Jo, it’s kind of easy. | 和乔在一起 生活很美好 |
| [18:14] | You learn to love the little things. | 让人学会去热爱生活中的点滴 |
| [18:18] | Need some help, Sara? | 需要帮忙吗 萨拉 |
| [18:23] | Sara! What did you… | 萨拉 你怎么了 |
| [18:29] | I should have it, too. What you and Johanna have. | 我本该拥有你和乔安娜的幸福的 |
| [18:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
| [18:35] | McBride was the only person who ever loved me. | 麦克布莱德是唯一爱过我的人 |
| [18:38] | And you killed him. | 你却害死了他 |
| [18:42] | Sara… I… I am sorry. | 萨拉 对不起 |
| [18:44] | I thought I could move on. | 我以为我能忘掉过去 |
| [18:46] | I tried so hard. | 我很努力了 |
| [18:49] | You guys have made something of your lives. | 你们的生活都那么顺心 |
| [18:52] | If I died, | 要是我死了 |
| [18:53] | if I vanished off the face of the earth tomorrow, | 要是明天我从地球上消失了 |
| [18:57] | no one would even notice. | 也没人会注意到的 |
| [19:03] | You’re the one who should be dead, Jack, not McBride. | 该死的人是你 杰克 而不是麦克布莱德 |
| [19:18] | – Who’s McBride? – Miss Sara’s boyfriend. | -谁是麦克布莱德 -萨拉的男朋友 |
| [19:20] | He was a gung-ho radical | 他是个雄心壮志的激进分子 |
| [19:22] | who was inspired by Jack’s political writings. | 受到杰克的政论所激励 |
| [19:25] | Anything specific? | 说得详细一点 |
| [19:26] | Jack had a catchphrase that caught on: | 杰克写过一个很受欢迎的口号 |
| [19:29] | “Peace at any cost.” | “不惜代价捍卫和平” |
| [19:30] | – Meaning violence was okay? – Yep. | -意思是暴力手段也是可行的 -没错 |
| [19:33] | At the time, Penn’s Science Center | 当时 宾大的科研中心手上 |
| [19:35] | had a defense contract with the government. | 有一份政府的军工合同 |
| [19:38] | McBride got a little carried away. | 麦克布莱德有点冲昏头脑了 |
| [19:41] | How so? | 怎么说 |
| [19:44] | Well, he blew himself up planting a bomb there. | 他过去安炸弹把自己炸飞了 |
| [19:54] | Your boyfriend died, and you blamed Jack. | 你男朋友死了 你把错都归咎于杰克 |
| [19:56] | Ten years later you finally made him pay. | 十年后你终于让他付出了代价 |
| [19:58] | Ten years later I was a mess. | 十年后我的人生还是一团糟 |
| [20:01] | I didn’t have the strength to get out of bed. | 我连下床的力气都没有 |
| [20:03] | Maybe you called an old friend | 也许你联系了在琼斯家族的 |
| [20:04] | in the Jones Family to do it for you. | 老朋友帮你下的手 |
| [20:06] | The Jones Family ? I was a pacifist. | 琼斯家族 我是和平主义者 |
| [20:09] | Didn’t believe in that. | 我不信他们那一套 |
| [20:11] | But your boyfriend did. | 可你男友信 |
| [20:12] | McBride was a gentle soul. | 麦克布莱德心地善良 |
| [20:15] | – He was the kindest guy I ever met. – Doesn’t sound like | -他是我见过的最善良的人 -听起来不像是 |
| [20:17] | the kind of guy who could blow up a building on his own. | 一个能凭一己之力炸掉一座大楼的人 |
| [20:24] | McBride had help, didn’t he? | 麦克布莱德有帮手 对吗 |
| [20:32] | The bombing was Jack’s idea. | 炸掉那里是杰克的主意 |
| [20:34] | He recruited McBride. | 是他拉麦克布莱德入伙的 |
| [20:36] | They were all in on it. | 他们全部参与了 |
| [20:37] | Who was? | 谁 |
| [20:39] | Jack… Porter… | 杰克 波特 |
| [20:41] | Johanna, Z. | 乔安娜 小齐 |
| [20:43] | They were all in the Science Center when it went off. | 爆炸发生时他们都在科研中心 |
| [20:46] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
| [20:47] | They kept me in the dark. I didn’t know until later. | 他们瞒着不告诉我 直到后来我才知道 |
| [20:51] | That’s some secret. | 这个秘密可不小 |
| [20:55] | We were all dying inside. | 我们都心如死灰 |
| [20:59] | Jack was the only one… | 杰克是唯一 |
| [21:00] | who couldn’t live with it anymore. | 忍受不了良心的谴责的人 |
| [21:19] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
| [21:21] | What happened is that ten years ago, we killed someone. | 十年前 我们害死了一个人 |
| [21:23] | – Jack. – What happened… | -杰克 -我们不能… |
| [21:25] | …is that none of us can live with it. | 就这么心安理得地继续生活下去 |
| [21:28] | Look at Sara. | 瞧瞧萨拉 |
| [21:30] | Can’t get up in the morning without a pill. | 每天早上不吃药就下不了床 |
| [21:32] | Z dulling the pain with booze. | 小齐用酒精来麻痹自己 |
| [21:35] | Me? | 我呢 |
| [21:36] | Trying to buy peace of mind with BMWs and trips to Aspen. | 打算开着宝马前往阿斯彭寻求心安 |
| [21:40] | That’s brilliant, Dr. Freud. | 分析地真妙 弗洛伊德博士 |
| [21:41] | It’s the truth. | 这是事实 |
| [21:44] | Fact is, that’s really why | 其实 这就是我 |
| [21:46] | I brought us all together. | 把大家聚到一起的原因 |
| [21:48] | You put McBride’s slide in there on purpose? | 你是故意把麦克布莱德的照片放进幻灯片的 |
| [21:51] | Maybe I did. | 也许吧 |
| [21:53] | We promised never, ever to talk about this again. | 我们发过誓 再也不要提起这件事 |
| [21:56] | Guess I’m breaking that promise. | 看来我遵守不了誓言了 |
| [21:58] | Two weeks ago I got a call from McBride’s dad. | 两周前我接到了麦克布莱德父亲打来的电话 |
| [22:05] | Uh… hello, Jack. | 你好 杰克 |
| [22:07] | Roger McBride again. | 又是我 罗杰·麦克布莱德 |
| [22:09] | I can’t seem to reach you. | 我总联系不上你 |
| [22:12] | Anyway, it’s ten years since we lost my boy, | 是这样的 我们失去儿子已经十年了 |
| [22:15] | and I’ve been thinking about you. | 我总时不时想到你 |
| [22:18] | He really looked up to you, Jack. | 他真的很尊敬你 杰克 |
| [22:20] | I think a part of his spirit lives in you, | 我感觉他的一部分灵魂还活在你身上 |
| [22:24] | and that comforts me. | 这让我感到很宽慰 |
| [22:27] | I’ll never understand why he did it. | 我永远无法理解他为什么要那么做 |
| [22:31] | He was my only son. | 他是我唯一的儿子 |
| [22:33] | Time doesn’t heal a damn thing. | 时间没有治愈心伤 |
| [22:36] | It only makes it worse. | 只让这伤痕日益加深 |
| [22:44] | I haven’t called him back. | 我没有给他回电话 |
| [22:47] | I’m not sure what I’d say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
| [22:50] | Maybe, um… | 也许该说… |
| [22:52] | “Hey, Mr. McBride, | “你好 麦克布莱德先生 |
| [22:54] | “Your son’s death was actually my fault. | 其实你儿子的死都是我造成的 |
| [22:56] | I took a clean-cut kid and made a killer out of him.” | 我把一个优秀的孩子变成了凶手 |
| [22:59] | Please stop this. | 别这么说 |
| [23:00] | He died in my arms, and then I ran away like a coward. | 他死在了我的怀里 而我像懦夫一样逃跑了 |
| [23:03] | Washed his blood off my jeans like it was dirt. | 像洗污渍一样洗掉了他留在我牛仔裤上的血 |
| [23:06] | Can you ever forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗 |
| [23:12] | I’m sorry, | 我很抱歉 |
| [23:13] | but McBride knew the risks. | 可麦克布莱德清楚其中的风险 |
| [23:14] | He never would’ve been there if I hadn’t planned the whole thing. | 如果我没有策划证件事 他就根本不会在那里 |
| [23:17] | We can’t change the past. | 我们无法改变过去 |
| [23:19] | But we can change the future. | 但我们可以改变未来 |
| [23:21] | The only way we’re gonna heal | 我们唯一能弥补的 |
| [23:23] | is if the truth comes out. | 就是说出真相 |
| [23:25] | The truth means we go to jail. | 说出真相我们就得去坐牢 |
| [23:29] | Monday morning… | 星期一早上 |
| [23:32] | I’m going to the cops. | 我去见警察 |
| [23:48] | That was Saturday. | 那天是星期六 |
| [23:50] | We all left that night. | 我们当晚走的 |
| [23:51] | And Sunday he was dead? | 星期天他就死了 |
| [23:53] | It looks like one | 看来你们中 |
| [23:54] | of you went back to shut him up. | 有人回去将他灭口了 |
| [23:56] | Well, I was proud of him. | 我为他感到骄傲 |
| [23:58] | Well, you had nothing to lose. | 因为你没什么可担心的 |
| [24:00] | You weren’t directly involved | 你跟麦克布莱德的死 |
| [24:01] | in McBride’s death. | 没有直接关系 |
| [24:04] | Leaves Porter and Z. | 剩下的就是波特和小齐 |
| [24:13] | “The boy closed the window. | 小男孩关上了窗 |
| [24:15] | Then the boy closed his eyes. | 然后闭上了眼睛 |
| [24:17] | And outside…” | 而屋外 |
| [24:19] | “The barn and all the animals slept.” | 谷仓里的动物也都睡着了 |
| [24:22] | That’s right. | 没错 |
| [24:23] | Now, time for some shut-eye. | 该合眼睡觉了 |
| [24:26] | I don’t wanna sleep. | 我不想睡觉 |
| [24:28] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
| [24:29] | Oh, you gotta stay here tonight, pal. | 今晚你得待在这儿 小家伙 |
| [24:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
| [24:33] | Because your mom and dad are having a date. | 因为妈妈和爸爸有个约会 |
| [24:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
| [24:37] | It’s grown-up stuff. | 那是大人的事 |
| [24:40] | Time to hit the hay. | 该睡觉了 |
| [24:44] | How come Gramma Rita doesn’t live here? | 为什么丽塔外婆不住在这里呢 |
| [24:50] | Gramma Rita’s happy where she is. | 丽塔奶奶在别的地方过得很开心 |
| [24:53] | Why? | 为什么呢 |
| [24:57] | Well… | 是这样的 |
| [25:01] | Gramma Rita always used to wonder when I’d be home, | 丽塔外婆以前总是挂念我什么时候回家 |
| [25:04] | where I was. | 我在哪里 |
| [25:06] | It made her sad. | 这让她很伤心 |
| [25:08] | And now it’s easier for Gramma Rita. | 现在丽塔外婆生活安逸多了 |
| [25:11] | She doesn’t have to worry and be sad because… | 她不用再担惊受怕 不用再伤心 因为… |
| [25:17] | because she doesn’t have to wait for me anymore. | 因为她再也不用再等我回家了 |
| [25:24] | Now, | 好了 |
| [25:27] | how ’bout we both get some sleep? | 我们一起睡好不好 |
| [25:28] | Can you read it to me again? | 你能再给我读一遍故事吗 |
| [25:30] | I just read it to you twice, pal. | 我刚刚给你读了两遍了 小家伙 |
| [25:33] | One more time. Please. | 再读一遍 求你啦 |
| [25:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
| [25:43] | “The sun came up | 太阳公公出来了 |
| [25:45] | and the rooster crowed…” | 公鸡叫了 |
| [25:53] | We got Z and Porter in separate rooms. | 我们把小齐和波特分别关押在审讯室里 |
| [25:56] | Oh, play them against each other, | 挑拨他们让他们互相指认 |
| [25:58] | then pick the right time to shine the light. | 找准时机释放信号 |
| [25:59] | What, talk a deal? | 怎么 要给认罪协议么 |
| [26:01] | ADA Thomas said she’s willing to take Involuntary on McBride | 副检察官说只要他们中有人在金博尔案上认罪 |
| [26:04] | if one of them confesses to the Kimball job. | 她就愿意将麦克布莱德案认定为过失杀人 |
| [26:06] | Got it. | 明白了 |
| [26:07] | Well, legally the DA can’t lie to a suspect. | 法律规定地检官不可对嫌犯做出不实保证 |
| [26:10] | Ah, but we can. | 但是我们可以 |
| [26:12] | I love this job. | 我爱死这份工作了 |
| [26:18] | – Janie. – Hey, Dad. | -小简 -爸 |
| [26:21] | Sean get off to school okay? | 肖恩乖乖去上学了 |
| [26:22] | Ah, piece of cake. | 小菜一碟 |
| [26:24] | How many times did he get you to read The Barnyard? | 他让你给他读了几遍《欢乐农场》 |
| [26:26] | Twice. | 两遍 |
| [26:27] | Then he knew it was bedtime. | 读完他就知道该睡了 |
| [26:30] | So, uh… How’d things go? | 谈得如何 |
| [26:35] | After you and Mom, I promised myself | 经历过你和妈的事 我对自己发誓 |
| [26:37] | I would never do this to Sean. | 永远不让肖恩经历同样的事 |
| [26:40] | You were so young… | 你那时还那么小 |
| [26:41] | You remember that, Janie? | 你都记得吗 小简 |
| [26:43] | I never forgot. | 我从没忘记过 |
| [26:48] | Well, sometimes it’s not so simple. | 有时候事情没有那么简单 |
| [26:51] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
| [26:55] | I know. | 我懂 |
| [27:00] | So, how many times did you really read him the book? | 那本书你到底给他读了几遍 |
| [27:06] | Fell asleep on the fifth. | 读到第五遍的时候他才睡着 |
| [27:12] | Tell us more about your pal, McBride. | 跟我们再说说你的朋友 麦克布莱德 |
| [27:16] | I already told you everything I know. | 我已经把知道的全告诉你了 |
| [27:17] | Porter says you and McBride planted that bomb together. | 波特说炸弹是你和麦克布莱德一起去放的 |
| [27:20] | Understand you were friends with Paul McBride. | 听说你和保罗·麦克布莱德是朋友 |
| [27:24] | Sara’s boyfriend? | 萨拉的男朋友 |
| [27:25] | Your pal Z says you and McBride planted a bomb together. | 小齐说炸弹是你和麦克布莱德一起去放的 |
| [27:28] | You’re going down for McBride right now. | 你就要因为麦克布莱德的事倒霉了 |
| [27:30] | Unless… | 除非… |
| [27:31] | Unless you come clean about the Kimballs’ murder. | 除非你老实交代金博尔夫妇被杀的真相 |
| [27:34] | Talk now or you’ll be trading in your six-bedroom house | 现在交代 不然你那六居室的大房子 |
| [27:37] | for a six-by-nine cell. | 就变成小牢房了 |
| [27:42] | Jack was going to the cops about McBride. | 杰克打算把麦克布莱德的事告诉警察 |
| [27:45] | I wanted to stop him. | 我想阻止他 |
| [27:46] | We all did. | 我们都想 |
| [27:47] | – So you killed him. – No. | -所以你杀了他 -没有 |
| [27:49] | I tried to reason with him. | 我跟他讲道理 |
| [27:53] | You’re gonna shove us | 你要把我们全拉下水吗 |
| [27:54] | under a bus to end your real guilt. | 就为了结束你内心的罪恶 |
| [27:56] | My real guilt? | 我真正的罪恶 |
| [27:57] | The fact that you peddle Yummy Bars | 你兜售美味巧克力棒 |
| [27:59] | to pay the mortgage. | 来还按揭贷款 |
| [28:00] | It’s felony murder, Jack. | 杀人是重罪 杰克 |
| [28:01] | We could go away for a long time. | 我们会被判很多年的 |
| [28:03] | Yeah, prison with hard-core murderers. | 对 跟那些暴力杀人犯关在一起 |
| [28:05] | You wanna repent? | 你想忏悔吗 |
| [28:06] | Do it on your own time. | 自己一个人忏悔去吧 |
| [28:07] | It’s 1981. | 现在是1981年 |
| [28:09] | No one has sympathy for what we were trying to accomplish in ’71. | 没人会赞同我们在1971年想做的事情 |
| [28:12] | We? | 我们 |
| [28:13] | The whole plan was Jack’s idea. | 整个计划都是杰克的主意 |
| [28:14] | Let’s not forget that. | 别忘了 |
| [28:15] | Well, I think Jack’s right. | 我认为杰克是对的 |
| [28:18] | Well, how brave of you, seeing as you’ve got nothing at stake here. | 你可真勇敢 因为你跟这事没有利害关系 |
| [28:20] | We owe it to McBride to tell the truth. | 我们欠麦克布莱德一个真相 |
| [28:23] | Guess what, Sara? | 你猜怎么着 萨拉 |
| [28:24] | When you weren’t around, your precious love | 你不在的时候 你的挚爱 |
| [28:25] | was bagging every hot art major on campus, | 睡遍了校园里艺术系的女生 |
| [28:27] | so spare me his sainthood. | 所以别跟我说他是圣徒 |
| [28:28] | That’s not necessary, Porter. | 何必说这些呢 波特 |
| [28:29] | She wanted truth; she can suck on it. | 她想要真相 抱着真相哭去吧 |
| [28:38] | Johanna, what do you think? | 乔安娜 你怎么看 |
| [28:43] | Remember how we used to solve our disputes? | 记得以前我们怎么解决争端吗 |
| [28:46] | Simple vote. | 少数服从多数 |
| [28:47] | True democracy. | 真正的民主 |
| [28:49] | Don’t you still believe in that, Jack? | 你不相信民主投票了吗 杰克 |
| [28:56] | Fine. | 好吧 |
| [28:59] | “Yes,” | “赞成” |
| [29:00] | we turn ourselves in; | 我们就去自首 |
| [29:03] | “No,” We never discuss this again. | “反对” 这件事我们就此作罢 |
| [29:07] | Sounds good. | 就这样吧 |
| [29:10] | Jack, I assume you’re a still a “Yes”? | 杰克 我猜你投赞成票 |
| [29:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
| [29:16] | Yes. We turn ourselves in. | 赞成 我们去自首 |
| [29:22] | No way, Jose. | 必须反对 |
| [29:24] | I second that. | 我也反对 |
| [29:27] | That’s two “No”S, two “Yes.” | 两票反对 两票赞成 |
| [29:30] | Jo, you’re the deciding vote. | 乔 你是决定性的一票 |
| [29:39] | No. | 反对 |
| [29:41] | What? | 什么 |
| [29:43] | I’m saying we don’t go to the cops. | 我说我们不去见警察 |
| [29:45] | I say we bury this forever, | 就把这事埋藏心底 |
| [29:48] | once and for all. | 永不再提 |
| [29:59] | And with that, it was over. | 就这样了 |
| [30:02] | And you all went on your merry way? | 然后你们就开心地离开了 |
| [30:05] | Well, it wasn’t merry. | 不开心 |
| [30:08] | I’ll tell you that. | 真的 |
| [30:09] | We were just glad it was over. | 我们只是庆幸这事就这么过去了 |
| [30:11] | And Jack was gonna abide by the vote? | 杰克会遵守投票结果吗 |
| [30:13] | No way. No, not that guy. | 不可能 他不是那样的人 |
| [30:17] | What are you hiding, Z? | 你在隐瞒些什么 小齐 |
| [30:20] | I got nothing to hide. | 我没什么好隐瞒的 |
| [30:22] | The fact is… | 事实就是 |
| [30:24] | Jack still couldn’t let it go. | 杰克还是不肯罢休 |
| [30:34] | What we did, Jo, | 我们曾经的所作所为 乔 |
| [30:36] | it’s killing us all. | 正在吞噬着我们 |
| [30:37] | Can’t you see that? | 你看不到吗 |
| [30:38] | And this is how we help each other? | 我们就是这样互相帮助的吗 |
| [30:41] | I told Sara she can stay with us for a while. | 我跟萨拉说她可以跟我们住一阵子 |
| [30:44] | She needs us. | 她需要我们 |
| [30:45] | And we need to face what we did. | 我们必须直面我们的所作所为 |
| [30:47] | McBride is dead. | 麦克布莱德死了 |
| [30:49] | And it’s awful | 很悲惨 |
| [30:50] | and I’m sorry for his father, | 我也对他父亲表示遗憾 |
| [30:51] | but there’s nothing we can do to bring him back. | 但我们无论怎么做也不能让他活过来了 |
| [30:54] | But we can bring ourselves back. | 但我们能让我们自己重新活过来 |
| [30:57] | Jack, you might be right about the others. | 杰克 对于其他人你也许说得没错 |
| [30:59] | But I’m happy… | 但我很满足 |
| [31:01] | with all that we have, with who we are. | 满足于我们现在拥有的一切 我们的身份 |
| [31:02] | – Jo, Jo… – I’ve fought so hard to get here, Jack. | -乔 乔… -我竭尽全力才得到这一切 杰克 |
| [31:05] | I can’t start again. | 我不能再从头来过 |
| [31:07] | I can’t go back to being the poor kid with nothing. | 我不能再成为那个一无所有的穷孩子了 |
| [31:16] | Remember what my mom used to say about the cattleyas? | 记得我妈说卡特利亚兰代表着什么吗 |
| [31:22] | I know. Family. | 记得 家庭 |
| [31:24] | Yeah. | 对 |
| [31:26] | What about the family that we wanted to start? | 我们一直想要建立的家庭怎么办 |
| [31:30] | Jack, we’re finally ready. | 杰克 我们终于准备好了 |
| [31:32] | I can’t start anything right now. | 我现在什么事都没法做 |
| [31:35] | That is the problem. | 问题就在这 |
| [31:37] | You saying you don’t love me? | 你是说你不爱我吗 |
| [31:39] | No, I’m saying that I have to make this right. | 不 我是说我必须纠正我们犯下的错 |
| [31:41] | Even if that means going to jail? | 即使那意味着坐牢吗 |
| [31:43] | Never seeing each other again. | 我们从此再也没法相见了 |
| [31:58] | But you’re sure… | 你肯定 |
| [31:59] | Johanna said that about the orchids? | 乔安娜提到兰花了 |
| [32:01] | Symbol of family? | 说兰花是家庭的象征 |
| [32:04] | Yeah. | 我肯定 |
| [32:05] | The exact same thing Sara told us. | 萨拉跟我们说过相同的话 |
| [32:11] | According to Z, | 按小齐的说法 |
| [32:12] | Sara was staying at the house a few more days. | 萨拉在金博尔家住了几天 |
| [32:14] | Sara forgot to mention that little detail to us. | 萨拉忘了把这个小细节告诉我们了 |
| [32:16] | I ran her 1970 fingerprints | 我对比了她1970年 |
| [32:18] | against her current prints. | 和现在的指纹 |
| [32:20] | Thing is, | 结果 |
| [32:21] | they don’t match. | 并不匹配 |
| [32:23] | But these do. | 但这份匹配上了 |
| [32:25] | Whose are they? | 这是谁的指纹 |
| [32:27] | Johanna’s. | 乔安娜的 |
| [32:29] | Sara Lowell is really Johanna Kimball. | 萨拉·洛厄尔其实是乔安娜·金博尔 |
| [32:33] | The real Sara must’ve died in the blast. | 真正的萨拉肯定在爆炸中身亡了 |
| [32:36] | Johanna stole her identity. | 乔安娜盗用了她的身份 |
| [32:39] | And run. | 并逃走了 |
| [32:46] | Still no whereabouts on Johanna. | 还是没找到乔安娜的去向 |
| [32:48] | Running again. | 又逃了 |
| [32:50] | Miller’s talking to the family. | 米勒正在跟她的家人谈话 |
| [32:52] | Hey, Louie traced the serial number on the pipe cap | 路易追查到管帽上的序列号了 |
| [32:54] | to a batch that was purchased by Marshall Corp. | 是马歇尔公司购买的某一批次里的 |
| [32:57] | Oh, where Porter worked in ’81. | 那是波特1981年工作的地方 |
| [32:59] | Looks like we got our bomb-maker. | 看来我们找到是做炸弹的人了 |
| [33:03] | You stay in touch with Sara after that weekend? | 那个周末过后你跟萨拉还有联系吗 |
| [33:06] | Sara? | 萨拉 |
| [33:08] | We weren’t exactly exchanging Christmas cards. | 我们俩可不是互寄圣诞贺卡的那种联系 |
| [33:11] | I never saw her again. | 我再也没见到过她 |
| [33:13] | We know you made the bomb, Einstein. | 我们知道炸弹是你做的了 爱因斯坦 |
| [33:17] | And you had the hots for Johanna. | 还有你喜欢乔安娜 |
| [33:21] | I guess it doesn’t matter. | 那也无关紧要了吧 |
| [33:23] | She’s been dead for so long. | 她已经死了那么久了 |
| [33:26] | It was Johanna’s idea… | 这是乔安娜的主意 |
| [33:29] | but something went wrong. | 可事情出现了偏差 |
| [33:32] | She wasn’t supposed to be in the house. | 她当时不该在房子里的 |
| [33:33] | Just Jack. | 应该只有杰克 |
| [33:35] | Your best friend. | 你最好的朋友 |
| [33:36] | You gotta understand… | 你得明白 |
| [33:38] | I did it for the woman I loved. | 我做这些都是为了我爱的女人 |
| [33:41] | When did Johanna come to you? | 乔安娜什么时候来找你的 |
| [33:43] | I was packing to leave… | 我打包行李准备走的时候 |
| [33:55] | Jack’s still going to the cops. | 杰克还是要去找警察 |
| [33:59] | What? | 什么 |
| [34:01] | I thought we all decided. | 我以为我们已经决定了 |
| [34:02] | He doesn’t care. | 他不管什么决定 |
| [34:04] | Well, you got to stop him, Jo. | 你必须阻止他 乔 |
| [34:06] | He won’t listen to me. | 他不会听的 |
| [34:08] | He’s throwing everything away, including me. | 他打算抛下一切 包括我 |
| [34:12] | I’m scared, Porter. | 我很害怕 波特 |
| [34:14] | I’m so scared. | 非常害怕 |
| [34:17] | Maybe I was wrong about everything. | 也许我从一开始就全错了 |
| [34:20] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
| [34:22] | The decisions I made back then about you and Jack. | 我在你和杰克之间做的选择 |
| [34:28] | I have thought about it, you know. | 我也想过 |
| [34:31] | That summer. | 那个夏天 |
| [34:35] | We were together. | 我们在一起的那个夏天 |
| [34:38] | Maybe this is a chance to start over. | 也许这是我们重新开始的机会 |
| [34:42] | Yeah, but in jail, on the run? | 可是在牢里吗 还是在逃亡的路上 |
| [34:47] | There’s another way. | 还有另外一条路 |
| [34:50] | I keep thinking about Jack’s writings, his words. | 我一直在想杰克写的政论 他说的口号 |
| [35:01] | “Peace at any cost.” | “不惜代价捍卫和平” |
| [35:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
| [35:07] | What are we talking about, Jo? | 我们到底在说什么 乔 |
| [35:10] | You and me not giving up what we’ve got. | 你和我不能放弃我们拥有的一切 |
| [35:14] | You and me? | 你和我 |
| [35:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
| [35:33] | It was a simple plan. | 计划很简单 |
| [35:35] | The stove knob triggered the bomb. | 燃气灶旋钮会引爆炸弹 |
| [35:37] | Jo should have been long gone, meeting me. | 乔本该早早出来跟我汇合 |
| [35:41] | But she didn’t show. | 但她没有来 |
| [35:46] | All I wanted was her, and I… I killed her. | 我只想得到她 可我却杀了她 |
| [35:54] | Sara was staying in the house, Porter. | 房子里的是萨拉 波特 |
| [35:59] | You killed her, not Johanna. | 你杀了萨拉 不是乔安娜 |
| [36:04] | Forgot to loop you in, huh? | 她忘了告诉你 对吧 |
| [36:06] | Maybe that summer wasn’t so special after all. | 也许那个夏天也没那么特别 |
| [36:17] | Your daughter’s good. | 你女儿表现很棒 |
| [36:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [36:22] | You’ve carved quite a life for yourself, haven’t you? | 你为自己铺就了一段美好人生啊 |
| [36:24] | Beautiful house, beautiful family. | 漂亮的房子 幸福的家庭 |
| [36:29] | I wonder what Johanna would think of this. | 我很好奇乔安娜会怎么想 |
| [36:33] | Where was Johanna from? | 乔安娜是哪里人 |
| [36:35] | – Uh, New Jersey. – Right. | -新泽西人 -对了 |
| [36:37] | In a tiny apartment in Newark, out-of-work father. | 住在纽瓦克的一间小公寓里 父亲没有工作 |
| [36:41] | Grew up poor. | 穷苦长大 |
| [36:44] | You do your homework. | 你做了不少功课 |
| [36:46] | Yeah, all of you came from money except for Johanna. | 除了乔安娜 你们都出身富裕家庭 |
| [36:51] | She worked her way through school. | 她靠打工挣钱读书 |
| [36:54] | Struggled. | 努力奋斗 |
| [36:58] | I bet she would have given anything to have this, | 我猜为了拥有这样的生活 她愿意付出一切 |
| [37:01] | done anything. | 做任何事 |
| [37:13] | Please. | 求你了 |
| [37:15] | I know who you are, Johanna. | 我知道你是谁 乔安娜 |
| [37:22] | Does it haunt you? | 你良心不安过吗 |
| [37:24] | When you steal a life, | 你夺取了一条生命 |
| [37:25] | do you leave your soul behind? | 是不是也失去了你的灵魂 |
| [37:27] | Don’t do this here, please. | 不要在这里抓我 求你了 |
| [37:29] | Tell me what happened, Johanna. | 告诉我发生了什么 乔安娜 |
| [37:38] | All I ever wanted was a family. | 我只是想要一个家庭 |
| [37:42] | A garden… peace. | 一个花园 平静的生活 |
| [37:46] | And you killed for it. | 不惜为此杀人 |
| [37:49] | I loved Jack. | 我爱杰克 |
| [37:50] | Strange way to show it. | 这种表达爱的方式可有点特别 |
| [37:56] | I’m not a monster. | 我不是魔鬼 |
| [37:58] | What are you then? | 那你是什么 |
| [38:01] | A coward. | 懦夫 |
| [38:10] | Sara’s taking a walk. | 萨拉去散步了 |
| [38:12] | It’s just you and me. | 只有你和我了 |
| [38:17] | Let’s go to bed, sweetie. | 我们上床睡觉吧 亲爱的 |
| [38:18] | Tomorrow morning we should get on a plane | 明天一早我们坐飞机离开这里吧 |
| [38:20] | and go somewhere, anywhere. | 去什么地方都好 |
| [38:23] | Jo, there’s no running away. | 乔 我们逃不掉的 |
| [38:24] | We’ve been under a lot of stress | 我们最近因为工作 |
| [38:26] | with work, with this reunion. | 还有聚会压力太大了 |
| [38:29] | Let’s take a break, you and me. | 去喘口气吧 就你和我 |
| [38:32] | I can’t. | 我办不到 |
| [38:43] | Remember that day? | 记得那天吗 |
| [38:47] | We got a flat tire. | 我们的车胎爆了 |
| [38:50] | Pulled into a park. | 我们把车停在了公园里 |
| [38:53] | Walked down to that lake. | 走路到了湖边 |
| [38:58] | Best flat tire I ever had. | 我最愉快的一次爆胎经历 |
| [39:05] | I thought it was you and me against the world. | 那时我感觉你我二人闯天涯 |
| [39:07] | It still is. | 现在依然是 |
| [39:10] | Let’s do this together. Be strong with me, Jo. | 跟我一起面对吧 坚强起来 乔 |
| [39:14] | You always were the strong one. | 你一直是我们中坚强的那个 |
| [39:18] | It isn’t strength. | 这不是坚强 |
| [39:21] | It’s like I don’t have a choice. | 而是我别无选择 |
| [39:26] | No choice. | 别无选择 |
| [39:29] | I think I understand now. | 我现在明白了 |
| [39:33] | Good. | 很好 |
| [39:51] | Let’s go to bed. | 我们去睡吧 |
| [39:53] | I’ll be up in a second. | 我一会儿就上去 |
| [41:47] | 歌曲:”Like a Rolling Stone” 歌手:Bob Dylan |