时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Presently taking an all-AP course load. | 目前在读全预科课程 |
[00:01] | Don’t forget GPA. | 别忘了说绩点 |
[00:04] | While maintaining a 4.0 GPA Hanford Prep. | 就读于汉福德高中 绩点4.0 |
[00:07] | Extracurriculars, James. Come on. | 课外活动 詹姆斯 |
[00:09] | You’re totally throwing me off, dad. | 你把我思路完全打乱了 爸爸 |
[00:11] | President of debate team, | 辩论社社长 |
[00:13] | captain of MATHletes, | 奥数队队长 |
[00:15] | head of Chess Club, French | 还是象棋社 法语 |
[00:16] | and Latin honours society. | 和拉丁语荣誉社团主席 |
[00:18] | Super geek of the planet. | 地球上最呆的书呆子 |
[00:20] | Super brat of the universe. | 你就是最顽皮的小鬼 |
[00:22] | Let’s keep on point, James. | 说正事 詹姆斯 |
[00:24] | Next on your list is your college essay. | 下面是你的入学申请书 |
[00:27] | Describe your passion. | 描述一下你的激情所在 |
[00:28] | Passion? | 激情 |
[00:32] | I dedication to a special endeavor. | 我献身于不懈的努力 |
[00:34] | College council says this is where they look for the exceptional. | 大学委员会说他们由此找到最出色的人 |
[00:38] | Like funding a charity, | 比如发起慈善组织 |
[00:40] | or producing a play, | 监制一部戏剧 |
[00:42] | or publishing a novelette | 或者发表中篇小说 |
[00:44] | He is seventeen, dad. | 他才17岁 爸爸 |
[00:45] | Look, if he doesn’t get a scholarship, | 如果他拿不到奖学金 |
[00:47] | I can’t afford to send him to college. | 我可负担不起他的大学学费 |
[00:49] | No worries, dad. I’ll find my passion. | 没事 爸爸 我会找到的 |
[00:52] | Good news is we still have plenty time. | 好消息是我们时间充裕 |
[00:54] | Great, let’s watch the Naked Chef. | 太好了 我们看《裸衣大厨》吧 |
[00:56] | He’s off to buy fresh herb on his scooter. | 他正要骑摩托去买新鲜香料 |
[00:59] | Let’s go through the checklist one last time. | 我们再最后过一遍 |
[01:01] | Okay, got it, dad. | 好吧 没问题 爸爸 |
[01:04] | Find a cure for cancer, | 治愈癌症 |
[01:05] | open up a hedge fund, | 开一家对冲基金 |
[01:07] | cloning some sort of mammal, | 克隆某种哺乳动物 |
[01:08] | performing emergency surgery, | 做急诊手术 |
[01:10] | then write the great American novel | 再写部伟大的小说 |
[01:11] | or just put an end to world hunger, | 或者终结全球饥饿 |
[01:13] | terrorism and male pattern baldness. | 恐怖主义和男人秃顶问题 |
[01:15] | then write my memoirs. | 再写我的回忆录 |
[01:21] | We’ll get it done, dad. | 我们会完成的 爸爸 |
[01:23] | We are right there, James. | 我们就要成功了 詹姆斯 |
[01:25] | We work hard. We pack this right. | 一直很努力 好好准备 |
[01:28] | You’ll be able to do whatever you want. | 你的未来不可限量 |
[01:58] | High school kid, Alexa Hoffman. | 高中生 亚莉克莎·霍夫曼 |
[02:00] | Old brother James went missing last year. | 哥哥詹姆斯去年失踪了 |
[02:02] | What part of the town was that? | 发生在哪个区 |
[02:04] | Family from Narberth, Maine Line police handled it. | 家在纳伯斯 干线区警局受理的 |
[02:07] | So what’s she doing down here? | 那她来这里干什么 |
[02:09] | Said she found some messed-up video clip online. | 说她在网上看到了些视频 |
[02:12] | Alexa, this is Detective Rush. | 亚历克莎 这是拉什探员 |
[02:17] | Get something to show us, Alexa. | 有什么要给我们看吗 亚历克莎 |
[02:18] | I was messing around on this clip site when I found this. | 我在视频站随便看时 发现了这个 |
[02:28] | This for real? | 这是真的吗 |
[02:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:33] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[02:34] | Cause that’s my brother. | 因为那是我哥 |
[02:36] | Look. | 瞧 |
[02:38] | 寻人启事 詹姆斯·霍夫曼 | |
[02:39] | They said he ran away. | 他们说他是离家出走 |
[02:41] | But James was going to college in a year. | 但詹姆斯一年后就要去上大学了 |
[02:43] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这说不通 |
[02:46] | Who posted this? | 这是谁上传的 |
[02:47] | His name was Rawfodog. | 用户名是疯狂原始狗 |
[02:49] | We can track it. | 我们能追踪到 |
[02:52] | Assailant’s hand. | 看袭击者的手 |
[02:54] | Some kind of tattoo. | 好像是纹身 |
[02:56] | Any idea what this might be, Alexa? | 知道这可能是谁吗 亚历克莎 |
[02:57] | My brother didn’t exactly hang out with tattoo crowd. | 我哥不会跟有纹身的人一起玩 |
[03:01] | He had any enemies? | 他有树敌吗 |
[03:02] | No way. He was top of his class in Hanford Prep. | 不可能 他在汉福德高中成绩优异 |
[03:05] | Total geek. | 书呆子一个 |
[03:08] | Is your brother using, Alexa? | 你哥吸毒吗 亚历克莎 |
[03:10] | Drugs? | 毒品吗 |
[03:11] | No, not a chance. | 不 绝不会 |
[03:13] | James will never do that to my dad. | 詹姆斯绝不会这么对爸爸 |
[03:15] | Maybe he has some problems you didn’t know about. | 也许他有些问题你不知道 |
[03:18] | No, you don’t understand. | 不是的 你们不懂 |
[03:19] | We got really close after my mom left. We told each other everything. | 妈妈离开后 我们非常亲密 无话不谈 |
[03:25] | See that mirror in the background? | 看到壁画中的倒影了吗 |
[03:29] | It’s like a beer lable. | 看着像啤酒标 |
[03:32] | Brunyers? | 伯恩耶斯牌吗 |
[03:33] | On the wall of that abandoned brewery down the Bottom. | 在底区里 废弃的酒厂墙上 |
[03:36] | The Bottom? | 什么底区 |
[03:37] | Man chewer, crackers, the hood. | 满是吸毒嗑药的 “下只角” |
[03:42] | So if he wasn’t down there to score. | 如果他去不是为了吸毒 |
[03:45] | What a straight A student from Narberth do down the Bottom? | 一个全优生在底区干什么 |
[04:35] | All right. I’ll call you back. | 好的 我等下打给你 |
[04:37] | Young adult male, body too decomposed to make a proper ID. | 年轻男性 尸体腐烂严重 身份无法辨识 |
[04:42] | Anything else in there to identify him? | 有什么能确认他的身份吗 |
[04:45] | A damaged cell phone, backpack at the bottom of the drum. | 在桶底有一个损坏的手机 |
[04:52] | What are they doing down here? | 他们来这干什么 |
[04:53] | The sister is the one who put us on to the location. | 是他妹妹提供的线索让我们找到这里 |
[04:56] | The family can’t see this. | 不应让家人看到这些 |
[04:58] | Looks like multiple fractures base of the skull. | 头颅后部有多处骨裂 |
[05:01] | Kid was beaten to death. | 这孩子是被打死的 |
[05:03] | Like in the video. | 就像视频里一样 |
[05:05] | We’ll take the drum, bag the hands, | 我们会把桶和尸体都带回去 |
[05:07] | check the fingernails for DNA, | 检查指甲下是否有DNA |
[05:09] | could have fought his assailant. | 也许能找到袭击者 |
[05:10] | We have the cell number? | 手机号有线索吗 |
[05:11] | Well, Main Line PD already dumped his number after he went missing. | 他失踪后 干线区的警察已经查过 |
[05:14] | No calls after James left home. | 詹姆斯离开家后 没有电话记录 |
[05:18] | Video assault was originally posted | 袭击视频最初是从 |
[05:20] | from inside Hanford Prep Academy. | 汉福德私立学校里上传的 |
[05:22] | The same high school the victim attended. | 就是死者所上的学校 |
[05:24] | Looks like you’re taking a trip out to the Main Line. | 看样子你要跑一趟干线区了 |
[05:29] | Want me to handle this one, boss? | 需要我来处理吗 老大 |
[05:31] | No,I got it. | 不用 我来 |
[05:37] | I got some bad news. | 很不幸 |
[05:52] | This a high school or a country club? | 这是高中还是乡村俱乐部啊 |
[05:54] | The place gives me the willies. | 这种地方让我很不舒服 |
[05:56] | ‘Cause these kids drive better cars than we do? | 因为这些孩子开的车比我们好吗 |
[05:58] | No, ’cause it’s high school and you’re the only female in sight. | 不 因为这是高中 而你是这里唯一的女性 |
[06:00] | Excuse me,officers. | 打扰了 警官们 |
[06:02] | Detectives. | 是探员 |
[06:03] | Valens and Rush, Philly Homicide. | 我们是瓦伦斯和拉什 费城凶案组 |
[06:05] | Gene Emmerick, Headmaster. | 我是校长 吉恩·埃默里克 |
[06:06] | I wish you’d called ahead to tell me you were coming. | 你们来访前应该通知我一声 |
[06:08] | Computer labs this way? | 机房是这边吗 |
[06:09] | Excuse me, did you say homicide? | 等下 你是说凶杀案吗 |
[06:11] | Yeah, James Hoffman, he was a student here. | 是的 这里的学生詹姆斯·霍夫曼 |
[06:13] | Oh,my God. I knew James. Top-notch student. | 我的天 我认识詹姆斯 尖子生 |
[06:18] | – That’s terrible news. – We’re gonna need to see… | -太可怕了 -我们要看 |
[06:20] | any online records in the computer lab. | 机房里的上网记录 |
[06:22] | Whatever you need. We’re an open book. | 请自便 我们没什么好藏的 |
[06:24] | We’ll need to talk to whoever monitors computer usage. | 我们要跟监管电脑使用的人谈话 |
[06:26] | We use students to monitor the computer room. | 机房是学生自己监管的 |
[06:28] | Great, if you could get us a list of names. | 如果你能提供名单就太好了 |
[06:30] | Like, any who knew James Hoffman. | 比如认识詹姆斯·霍夫曼的人 |
[06:33] | Not a problem. I just need to get the written permission | 没问题 在你们找学生谈话前 |
[06:35] | of their parents before you talk to them. | 我只需要家人的书面许可 |
[06:36] | Oh, that won’t be necessary. | 不需要那种文件 |
[06:37] | If you could just show me those logs, Mr. Emmerick. | 给我们看记录就可以了 埃默里克先生 |
[06:49] | Hold up, sport. Name? | 等下 你叫什么 |
[06:52] | Lucas. | 卢卡斯 |
[06:53] | What’s your hurry, Lucas? | 这么着急干什么 卢卡斯 |
[06:55] | I’m just late for my next class. | 我下堂课要迟到了 |
[06:57] | What, gym? | 体育吗 |
[06:58] | You don’t look like a kid who hurries to P.E. | 你看着可不像是会积极上体育课的 |
[07:01] | Calculus, a short cut. | 是微积分 这是近路 |
[07:03] | Go ahead, I’ll walk with you. | 那行 我跟你一起去 |
[07:04] | No, it’s cool. | 不用 没事 |
[07:06] | No, no, it’s not. | 不是 这事可不是 |
[07:07] | You knew James Hoffman? | 你认识詹姆斯·霍夫曼吗 |
[07:10] | Sort of used to be friends, kind of. | 以前算是朋友吧 |
[07:13] | Sort of, kind of want to tell me here or down at the station, Lucas? | 那你是想在这跟说还是去局里 卢卡斯 |
[07:17] | We used to eat lunch in the computer lab together. | 我们以前一起在机房里吃午饭 |
[07:20] | Compare test scores. | 比成绩 |
[07:22] | He’d always ace me out. | 他以前总是比我强 |
[07:25] | Then he started tanking. | 然后他开始变糟 |
[07:26] | Tanking what? | 什么变糟 |
[07:28] | His grades. His life. | 成绩 人生 |
[07:32] | He got all weird and angry. | 他变得很奇怪 易怒 |
[07:36] | We stopped talking. | 我们就不说话了 |
[07:37] | When was that? | 那是什么时候 |
[07:39] | A couple months before he went missing. | 他失踪前几个月吧 |
[07:44] | All the Ivy’s are getting rid of early decision. | 常青藤大学都取消提前申请了 |
[07:47] | There’s no angle left unless you’re a hook. | 除非你有噱头 不然就没机会 |
[07:49] | A hook? | 噱头 |
[07:50] | Yeah, like a legacy, athlete, | 比如是名门之后 体育健将 |
[07:52] | minority, special circumstance. | 少数族裔 身体状况特殊 |
[07:56] | I think I got an uncle who’s part of Native American. | 我想我有个叔叔是美洲土著 |
[07:58] | I’d look into it. | 是我就研究下 |
[08:00] | Pacific Islander’s good, too. | 太平洋岛屿居民也行 |
[08:02] | Dude, my parents are all over me about the essay right now. | 我父母现在一直在催我写申请信 |
[08:05] | Yeah, you’re supposed to write about your passion. | 是的 应该写你的激情所在 |
[08:07] | Whatever that means. | 谁知道那是什么 |
[08:09] | I’m passionate about Giselle Bundchen. | 我爱的是吉赛尔·邦辰[名模] |
[08:13] | Tell me about it, man. | 那还用说 |
[08:14] | I stayed up all night last night and I only inked out a page. | 我昨晚一夜没睡 就挤出一页 |
[08:18] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[08:19] | No way. | 没门 |
[08:20] | Come on, Jay, you know I don’t pirate. | 行了 我又不会抄你的 |
[08:24] | All right, man. | 那好吧 |
[08:25] | Promise not to laugh. | 你保证不许笑 |
[08:30] | Come on, man, give that back. | 别这样 还给我 |
[08:33] | Hey,Tanner, what are you doing? | 坦纳 你在干什么 |
[08:35] | What are you doing?! | 你干什么啊 |
[08:38] | What did you do that for? | 你这是闹哪出啊 |
[08:41] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[08:43] | Do something. | 出手啊 |
[08:46] | Do something, come on, hit me. | 做点啥 打我 |
[08:48] | Come on, come on, hit me. | 来 来啊 打我啊 |
[08:50] | Come on, pretend I’m your dad. | 快点 假装我是你爸 |
[08:52] | What? You’re an idiot. | 什么 你脑子进水了 |
[08:53] | Take your fist and take a swing, come on. | 举起拳头 挥过来 来吧 |
[08:56] | Tanner, leave him alone. He didn’t do anything to you. | 坦纳 别惹他 他又没招惹你 |
[09:01] | That’s what I thought. | 我就知道会这样 |
[09:09] | The tattoo on his left wrist? | 左手腕上有纹身 |
[09:11] | You’re sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[09:13] | Yeah. Like one of those little anarchy symbols. | 确定 就像是那种无政府军标识 |
[09:16] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[09:17] | Who was this clown? | 这个找事的是谁 |
[09:20] | Tanner Lennox. | 坦纳·伦诺克斯 |
[09:22] | But you didn’t hear it from me. | 但别说是我告诉你的 |
[09:24] | He’s untouchable. | 他可不好惹 |
[09:25] | Yeah, why’s that? | 那是为何 |
[09:26] | His dad just donated the new science building, that’s why. | 他爸刚捐建了新的理科楼 这就是原因 |
[09:33] | Go on. You’re going to be late for calculus. | 走吧 你的微积分课要迟到了 |
[09:46] | You had a beef with James, Tanner? | 你和詹姆斯有矛盾吗 坦纳 |
[09:49] | It’s nothing personal. | 没有个人恩怨 |
[09:52] | This interview is over. | 这次谈话结束了 |
[09:54] | I’m taking my son home. | 我要带我儿子回家 |
[09:55] | We just need to ask Tanner a few questions, Mr. Lennox. | 我们只要问坦纳几个问题 伦诺克斯先生 |
[09:57] | Not without my lawyer you’re not. | 我律师不在场就不行 |
[09:58] | Why, you got something to hide? | 为何 有什么不可告人的吗 |
[10:00] | Come on, Tanner. | 走吧 坦纳 |
[10:01] | We have your son on a video tape assaulting another student. | 你儿子在一段视频中打另一个学生 |
[10:04] | James Hoffman, whose body turned up this morning, | 詹姆斯·霍夫曼 今早发现了他的尸体 |
[10:06] | stuffed in drum down at The Bottom. | 在底区 被塞在桶里 |
[10:08] | So either we talk to your son today, Mr. Lennox, | 我们可以现在跟你儿子聊聊 伦诺克斯先生 |
[10:10] | right here, real civil like… | 就在这里 不动粗 |
[10:12] | Or we get a warrant for his arrest, | 或者我们去申请个逮捕令 |
[10:13] | and stick him in a holding cell all weekend… | 让他整个周末待在牢房里 |
[10:15] | Until his daddy’s attorney gets him arraigned Monday morning. | 直到他爸的律师周一早上安排好传讯 |
[10:20] | You’re on video? What the hell? | 你被拍到了 怎么搞的 |
[10:24] | Tanner? | 坦纳 |
[10:27] | Yeah. Yeah, you’re right, that was me… | 是 你们没错 是我 |
[10:31] | pounding on James, but…it’s not what you think. | 在揍詹姆斯 但不是你们想的那样 |
[11:08] | Over! Over! Over! Over! Over! | 够了 够了 停下 |
[11:25] | How do you feel? | 你感觉如何 |
[11:27] | Alive. | 终于感到是在活着 |
[11:28] | Welcome to the world, young buck. | 欢迎加入 小伙 |
[11:31] | What’d I tell you? | 我说的没错吧 |
[11:35] | Next time, thumbs on the outside, unless you want to break them. | 下次 拇指不想骨折的话 就放在外面 |
[11:39] | Thanks, Aries. | 谢谢 白羊 |
[11:44] | You, you, fight. | 你和你上 |
[11:48] | Bunch of rich kids throwing down in the hood? | 一群富二代在贫民区里打架 |
[11:52] | It’s a fight club. | 搏击俱乐部 |
[11:53] | Some people like to drink, do drugs. We like to fight. | 有人喜欢喝酒 有人吸毒 我们是搏斗 |
[11:58] | What, you saying James was a part of this? | 你是说詹姆斯也加入了 |
[12:01] | He took to battle like a caged animal. | 他就像刚出笼的野兽 |
[12:21] | Hey, neighbor. | 邻居 |
[12:25] | I usually move the car before the street sweeper. | 我一般在警察巡街前 会把车移走 |
[12:27] | I just overslept. | 刚刚睡过头了 |
[12:29] | Oh, give it to me, I’ll take care of it. | 给我吧 我来处理 |
[12:31] | Oh, no, that’s okay. I’ll just pay it. | 不用 没事 我付好了 |
[12:33] | Why? Just give it to me. | 为啥 给我吧 |
[12:35] | Well, I don’t want to put you out. | 我不想让你费事 |
[12:37] | It’s no big deal, really. | 这真不是什么大事 |
[12:41] | Scotty, you remember my neighbor,Toni? | 史考特 你记得我邻居托妮吗 |
[12:44] | Yeah, how could I forget? | 当然 怎么会忘 |
[12:47] | You, uh, follow up my case? | 你还记得我的案子 |
[12:48] | The case of the missing basketball? | 弄丢的篮球吗 |
[12:50] | We got Encyclopedia Brown on it. | 超级侦探布朗正查着呢 |
[12:54] | I’m sorry. I got to go. I’m already late. | 抱歉 我得走了 已经晚了 |
[12:59] | – Thanks. – Forget it. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[13:04] | Look at you, dawg. | 瞧瞧你 |
[13:06] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:08] | Trying to tap that. | 你是想约她吧 |
[13:10] | Come on, she’s a broke, single mom. | 哪有 她是个穷苦的单身妈妈 |
[13:11] | Yeah, you’re just helping her out, big-shotting that ticket. | 是是 你只是夸口说能搞定罚单来帮她 |
[13:14] | Just being neighborhood. | 只是做个好邻居 |
[13:15] | You know you can’t fix it. | 你知道你没法解决 |
[13:17] | That’s the biggest cop lie invented. | 你这个谎扯得够大的 |
[13:19] | Think I’m working a favor? | 你觉得我不怀好意吗 |
[13:20] | I find that offensive. | 太让我伤心了 |
[13:21] | Yeah, you’re not interested, just let me know. I’ll ask her out. | 好好 你要是没其他意思 我就约她 |
[13:24] | Back off, slick. | 打住 油嘴滑舌 |
[13:25] | Anyway, they got a name on that kid was the ringleader of this fight club. | 话说回来 找到了这个搏击俱乐部的领头 |
[13:30] | He’s Cole Palmer, Senior, A.K.A. “Aries.” | 叫科尔·帕尔玛 高三 又被称为”白羊” |
[13:34] | Aries was the Greek God of War. | 那不是希腊战神的名字吗 |
[13:37] | Rawfodog spelled backwards? “God of War.” | 上传视频的用户名倒过来 就是战神 |
[13:41] | So the same kid posted the video. | 所以传视频的就是他 |
[13:44] | Not bad, huh? | 不赖吧 |
[13:46] | Yeah, dude. You really need a girlfriend. | 是 伙计 你真需要个女友了 |
[14:10] | – Cole. – Or should we call you Aries? | -科尔 -还是说该叫你白羊 |
[14:14] | You could have just e-mailed me. | 给我发邮件就行了 |
[14:16] | Why’d you post that video assault of James Hoffman? | 你为何上传袭击詹姆斯·霍夫曼的视频 |
[14:19] | Assault? That sounds criminal. | 袭击 说着像犯罪一样 |
[14:22] | We know all about the little fight club you were running. | 我们知道你那个小搏击俱乐部 |
[14:24] | Yeah, you left James to rot in the drum down in The Bottom. | 你把詹姆斯丢在底区 扔在桶里 |
[14:27] | You’re making it sound like I knew he was dead. | 你说的好像我知道他死了一样 |
[14:29] | You were down there with him. | 你当时和他在一起 |
[14:31] | We moved on from that location a long time ago. | 我们早就不在那活动了 |
[14:33] | I got no idea who killed James. | 我完全不知道是谁杀了詹姆斯 |
[14:35] | We lock you up for inciting a riot, | 我们能以煽动暴乱为由把你关起来 |
[14:36] | maybe that’ll jog your memory. | 也许你就会想起来了 |
[14:38] | A riot? | 什么暴乱 |
[14:40] | What, like two kids lacing up the gloves in the backyard? | 怎么两个男孩在后院打拳也算吗 |
[14:43] | Your average hockey fight? | 冰球中的斗殴也是吗 |
[14:44] | I used to box, kid. What you’re doing ain’t the same thing. | 我打过拳击 你们玩的可不是这个 |
[14:46] | Oh, that’s right. | 我明白了 |
[14:48] | Only cops get to beat the crap out of people. | 只有警察才有权利打人 |
[14:50] | This kid’s really starting to bother me. | 这孩子真让人不爽 |
[14:52] | I wonder who’d win, you two threw down, | 真好奇要是你俩比比 谁会赢 |
[14:54] | I bet you big boy here packs a whopper. | 我猜这个大块头肯定不经打 |
[14:55] | You think this is some kind of game, jackass? | 你觉得这是游戏吗 混球 |
[14:57] | Define assault for me again. | 你倒是说是这算不算袭击 |
[15:05] | What happened to James? | 詹姆斯怎么了 |
[15:07] | James is just another domesticated dog | 詹姆斯就是一条家养狗 |
[15:09] | on a leash headed down a path to misery. | 被绳拴着 悲剧地向前跑 |
[15:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么鬼玩意 |
[15:12] | Inside of every dog there is a wolf. | 每只狗内心都藏着一匹狼 |
[15:15] | I just let ’em out. | 我只是放了出来 |
[15:28] | Hey, is that my phone? | 那是我的手机吗 |
[15:30] | Yeah, that was your dad. | 是啊 是你爸爸 |
[15:32] | I told him you peed in your pants. | 我跟他说你尿裤子了 |
[15:34] | Your old man calls you eight times a day? | 你老爹一天打给你八次吗 |
[15:36] | Talk about an electronic umbilical cord. | 还真是电子版的脐带 分秒不离 |
[15:39] | What’s he do anyway? | 他是干什么啊 |
[15:41] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这跟你有什么关系啊 |
[15:42] | Your father, does he got a life or is he too busy scheduling yours? | 你爸有自己的生活吗 还是只知道安排你的 |
[15:45] | He’s a computer programmer and he’s plenty busy. | 他是程序员 很忙的 |
[15:47] | – Hey, do you want to make money? – Yeah, sure, someday. | -你想赚钱吗 -当然 以后吧 |
[15:50] | Well, my pop made a fortune on Wall Street | 我爸是华尔街大鳄 |
[15:52] | but that didn’t stop his trophy wife | 但他的花瓶老婆 |
[15:54] | from banging her personal trainer. | 照样跟她的私人教练出轨 |
[15:57] | Can you just give me back my phone? | 你能把手机还给我吗 |
[15:59] | What are you taking all these AP exams for? | 你参加大学预科考试是为啥啊 |
[16:02] | For college credit. What are you doing? | 为了修大学学分 你在干啥啊 |
[16:03] | You’re off to grad school. | 你要去上研究生 |
[16:04] | Eventually. Med school, law school. | 是会上 医学院或法学院 |
[16:07] | Which is it, lawyer, doctor, what? | 到底是哪个 律师还是医生 |
[16:09] | I don’t know yet, okay? | 我还不知道 成不 |
[16:10] | Did you ever read Jack London? | 你看过杰克·伦敦的书吗 |
[16:11] | The Call of The Wild, yeah. So what? | 看过《野性的呼唤》 怎么了 |
[16:13] | So you lack inspiration, Buck. And you can’t wait for it. | 你缺少灵感 孬种 而你不能干等着 |
[16:16] | You have to go after it with a club. | 你要拿球棒撵它 |
[16:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[16:18] | You should know that man has only two primal passions: | 你要知道人只有两种主要激情 |
[16:21] | to get and beget. Do you feel me, Buck? | 追求和创造 你感觉到了吗 孬种 |
[16:23] | My name’s not Buck. | 那不是我的名字 |
[16:25] | Do you ever wonder why | 你有没有想过 |
[16:25] | marginal students get into great colleges every year? | 为何每年都有差生进好学校 |
[16:28] | No, because they don’t. | 没有 因为他们进不了 |
[16:29] | Yes, they do. | 错了 他们能进 |
[16:31] | You want to change an F into a B, | 相比不及格[F]变为良[B] |
[16:33] | you just put a three on top. | 只要旁边加个3就行了 |
[16:34] | The system’s rigged. | 这个体系被人操纵着 |
[16:36] | I know how the system works. | 我知道体系是怎么运行的 |
[16:37] | All you know is not to touch a hot stove | 你只知道不要碰滚烫的炉子 |
[16:39] | or run with scissors. | 不要拿着剪刀跑 |
[16:40] | When was the last time you did anything that you wanted to do? | 你上一次做自己真正想做的事 是什么时候 |
[16:43] | Hey, at least I got a plan in life. | 至少我的人生有计划 |
[16:48] | Well, guess what, Buck. | 好吧 你瞧这 孬种 |
[16:50] | Everybody’s got a plan until they get hit in the mouth. | 每个人被打前 都是有计划的 |
[16:54] | – Hey, pick it up! – Yes. | -给我捡起来 -就是这样 |
[16:55] | Pick it up and give me back my damn phone! | 捡起来 再把手机还给我 |
[16:57] | Yes, that’s what I want to see, Buck. | 是了 这就是我想看到的 |
[16:59] | – Stop calling me Buck! – And this clenched fist, | -别叫我孬种 -瞧这紧握的拳头 |
[17:01] | that’s The Call of the Wild. | 这就是对你的呼唤 |
[17:02] | And when you’re ready to answer it, | 当你准备要迎接时 |
[17:04] | you just give me a call. | 你就打我电话 |
[17:16] | Buck answered the call– total transformation. | 小孬种打了电话 人完全变了 |
[17:19] | What did you mean,”The system’s rigged”? | 什么叫被人操纵着 |
[17:21] | The headmaster helped kids like Tanner Lennox get over on the game. | 校长会帮坦纳·伦诺克斯这样的蒙混过关 |
[17:26] | He helped them cheat, fudged their scores. | 他帮他们作弊 改成绩 |
[17:30] | Shocker, Hanford Prep isn’t totally merit-based. | 不知道了吧 汉福德不止是看成绩 |
[17:33] | What’s that got to do with James? | 这跟詹姆斯有什么关系 |
[17:34] | James found out. | 他发现了 |
[17:36] | Blew a gasket, called the headmaster out. | 大闹一场 掀了校长的老底 |
[17:38] | So Emmerick killed James? Come on. | 你是说埃默里克杀了詹姆斯 太扯了 |
[17:40] | Or let some punk kid torpedo his career, | 难道他会让个小孩威胁到自己的事业 |
[17:42] | maybe end up in jail? | 甚至会坐牢 |
[17:43] | You’re right, that’s insane. | 你说的对 这想法太蠢了 |
[18:02] | You remember when Tanner Lennox | 你记得坦纳·伦诺克斯 |
[18:03] | took his AP Board test for college? | 是什么时候参加的大学预科考试吗 |
[18:05] | I think he may have taken them over. I’d have to check. | 我想他是过了 我得查查 |
[18:07] | Oh,we already did, with the ETS Testing Service. | 我们已经跟考试中心查过了 |
[18:11] | He took them twice. | 他考了两次 |
[18:12] | Failed the first time. | 第一次挂了 |
[18:14] | But then you were the proctor in the room the second time around. | 不过第二次你是监考 |
[18:17] | Near-perfect score. | 几乎满分 |
[18:19] | Tell us. | 你来说说 |
[18:20] | Is it common practice to allow students | 考试时允许学生开着手机 |
[18:22] | to have their cell phones on during the test? | 这事很常见吗 |
[18:27] | You’re accusing me of | 你们是指控我 |
[18:28] | helping students cheat on a college board exam? | 在大学入学考试中帮学生作弊吗 |
[18:30] | The rich ones, yeah. | 是会帮那些富二代 |
[18:32] | Is there a point to all this false conjecture? | 搞出这个谬论有什么意义吗 |
[18:34] | James Hoffman called you out the same day he died. | 詹姆斯·霍夫曼揭发你的那天死了 |
[18:42] | James was a brilliant student, | 詹姆斯是个很聪明的学生 |
[18:44] | but I’ve seen it before with kids under stress. | 但我知道孩子在巨大压力下会怎样 |
[18:47] | He became paranoid, volatile. | 他变得多疑 情绪多变 |
[18:50] | Volatile? | 情绪多变 |
[18:51] | It’s unfortate, but you can never predict | 是很不幸 但你无法预测 |
[18:53] | how a student will handle the admissions process. | 一个学生在申请过程中会怎么样 |
[18:57] | Remember, you need to have three recommendations lined up: | 记住 你们需要三封推荐信 |
[19:00] | two from teachers and preferably one | 两封老师的 最好有一封 |
[19:02] | from an alumni of your first-choice school. | 来自毕业于首选学校的校友 |
[19:06] | Excuse me. | 我有问题 |
[19:07] | Please, hold all questions till the end. Thank you. | 请等到最后再提问 谢谢 |
[19:10] | No, I just, I just want to know which test date u’ll be proctoring. | 我只是想知道你会哪天监考 |
[19:14] | Why, Mr. Hoffman? | 为何这么问 |
[19:16] | Because…I’ll want to make sure to bring my cell phone, too. | 因为 我到时也要带手机 |
[19:22] | Or does my dad need to donate a wing to the school for me | 还是我爸爸得捐建一栋楼 |
[19:25] | to get that sort of special attention? | 我才能有此优待 |
[19:27] | Sit down, Mr. Hoffman. | 坐下 霍夫曼先生 |
[19:28] | No, no, I want to know. | 不 我想知道 |
[19:30] | Which of you here is claiming | 你们中有谁在申请中 |
[19:32] | you’re one-eighth Native American on their applications? | 声称自己有八分之一的土著血统 |
[19:35] | I’m Eskimo, does that count? | 我是爱斯基摩人 算吗 |
[19:38] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[19:39] | How many hours flying over | 飞过危地马拉 |
[19:40] | Guatemala qualifies as community service? | 也算是服务社区吗 |
[19:43] | – James… – No, seriously. | -詹姆斯 -我是说真的 |
[19:45] | Is this process merit-based, or can we just make it all up? | 不是要看实力吗 还是弄虚作假也行 |
[19:48] | That’s enough, James. Sit down. | 够了 詹姆斯 给我坐下 |
[19:50] | Look at you. You’re like gerbils in a cage. | 瞧瞧你们 就像关在笼子里的宠物鼠 |
[19:54] | When was the last time any of you did anything | 你们上一次出于自己的意愿而干一件事 |
[19:56] | because you wanted to do it? | 是什么时候 |
[19:58] | Not for your parents, not to get into college. | 不是为了父母 不是为了进大学 |
[20:01] | When was the last time you felt alive? | 你们有真正活着吗 |
[20:03] | Son, you’re bleeding. | 孩子 你在流血 |
[20:13] | How about that? | 瞧啊 |
[20:15] | Looks like I found my passion. | 我找到了激情 |
[20:30] | This incident slip your mind when James went missing? | 詹姆斯失踪时 你怎么没说这件事 |
[20:32] | I had no reason to believe it was related. | 我不觉得这有什么关系 |
[20:35] | Or you didn’t want the world to know you had a price tag. | 或者你不想让人知道你的小算盘 |
[20:40] | For the record, I did inform someone about what happened, | 准确说来 我跟人提起过 |
[20:42] | James’s father. And he hit the roof. | 詹姆斯的父亲 他火冒三丈 |
[20:55] | 129 44 339 One, two, nine, four, four, three, three, nine. | |
[21:00] | Yeah. Expires 10-09. Got to call you back. | 是 10月9号过期 我等下打给你 |
[21:07] | Take care of that ticket yet? | 罚单搞定了吗 |
[21:09] | Yeah, I just got to call in a favor. | 好了 我就找个人情 |
[21:15] | What, you don’t think I got the juice? | 怎么 你觉得我没这个本事吗 |
[21:17] | Juice? | 什么本事 |
[21:19] | No, I think you got a credit card. | 不 我觉得你直接帮她付了 |
[21:21] | You should have just skipped the favor BS and asked her out. | 你应该跳过这种帮忙的把戏 约她出去 |
[21:25] | Save 40 bucks. | 能省四十块 |
[21:27] | Yeah, single mom, neighbor, | 是 单身妈妈 邻居 |
[21:29] | pain-in-the-ass kid, the whole package. | 蛋疼的小孩 不能再好了 |
[21:32] | That sounds like me. | 这不是说我吗 |
[21:33] | Except for the neighbor part. | 除了我不是你邻居 |
[21:36] | – No offense. – None taken. | -别介意 -没事 |
[21:38] | What makes you think I want an overweight, underpaid white man? | 你凭什么觉得我会要一个低收入白人胖子 |
[21:41] | No offense. | 别介意 |
[21:45] | See what you started? | 瞧你干的好事 |
[21:46] | Go squeeze some more juice out of that plastic. | 你再继续加把劲吧 |
[21:49] | Yeah. Got it. Thank you. | 好 知道了 谢谢 |
[21:51] | That was Franny. | 是弗兰妮打来的 |
[21:53] | Found skin under James’ fingernails. | 詹姆斯指甲下找到了皮肤屑 |
[21:55] | We got a match? | 有匹配吗 |
[21:56] | Yep. DNA was Jame’s father. | 有 DNA是詹姆斯爸爸的 |
[22:14] | Back this way, Mr. Hoffman. | 这边走 霍夫曼先生 |
[22:16] | Dad? | 爸 |
[22:16] | Why don’t you wait here with me? | 你要不在这里和我一起等吧 |
[22:18] | It’s okay, Alexa. Go ahead. | 没事 亚历克莎 去吧 |
[22:21] | Like a soda? Anything? | 要喝汽水吗 或者其他的 |
[22:23] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[22:25] | So there’s news about my brother’s case? | 我哥的案子有进展吗 |
[22:29] | Alexa, did you notice any changes with your brother, | 亚历克莎 在你哥失踪前 你有没有 |
[22:34] | just before he went missing? | 注意到你哥有什么变化 |
[22:35] | He was a little stressed out. | 他有点紧张过度 |
[22:37] | The college thing is a lot to handle. | 申请大学挺不容易的 |
[22:40] | Yeah, I guess. | 是的 大概吧 |
[22:44] | You remember how he got that black eye? | 你知道他的黑眼圈是怎么来的吗 |
[22:47] | No, not really. | 不知道 不清楚 |
[22:50] | Your dad had pretty high expectations for your brother. | 你爸爸对他的期望很高吧 |
[22:53] | My dad would never hurt my brother. | 我爸绝不会伤害我哥 |
[22:55] | No? | 是吗 |
[22:56] | He went through a lot. | 他过得很辛苦 |
[22:58] | Especially after my mom left. | 尤其是我妈离开后 |
[23:01] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[23:03] | I just… I just want him to be proud of me, too. | 我只是 希望他也能为我骄傲 |
[23:07] | Like he was of James? | 就像詹姆斯一样吗 |
[23:13] | I admit James and I got into an argument. | 我承认我和詹姆斯是有所争吵 |
[23:16] | You’re skin was under his finger nails, Darryl. | 他的指甲下有你的皮肤 达里尔 |
[23:19] | Come on. | 说吧 |
[23:20] | Well, something happened. I-I didn’t understand. | 是有些事情 而我不明白 |
[23:22] | That night? | 那晚吗 |
[23:24] | The past few months, he’d been checking out, | 之前几个月 他一直翘课 |
[23:27] | coming home late at night, | 晚上很晚回家 |
[23:29] | out of pocket for hours at a time, like he… | 突然消失几小时 就好像 |
[23:32] | like he was on drugs or something. | 好像他开始吸毒了 |
[23:33] | You confronted him? | 你质问他了吗 |
[23:34] | Well, after I got the phone call | 是 我那天接到 |
[23:35] | from the headmaster about James that day. | 校长的电话 说了詹姆斯的情况 |
[23:37] | The incident at school with Emmerick? | 在学校里跟埃默里克的摩擦吗 |
[23:41] | I… I couldn’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[23:44] | All the tuition and the hard work, he… | 之前的付出和努力 |
[23:46] | he was just throwing it away. | 他就这么前功尽弃了 |
[23:57] | What the hell is going on? | 你怎么回事啊 |
[24:00] | Trying to hit the chimney. | 想打中烟囱 |
[24:01] | What is wrong with you, James? | 你怎么回事 詹姆斯 |
[24:04] | Were you trying to get expelled? | 你是想被开除吗 |
[24:06] | Remember when me and Lex were kids and you used to | 还记得我和小亚是孩子时 你常常 |
[24:08] | play with us in the snow for hours? | 和我们玩雪 玩好久 |
[24:10] | James, what are you talking about? | 詹姆斯 你在说什么 |
[24:13] | Then after Mom left, you just… | 而妈走后 你就… |
[24:15] | you just sort of stopped doing that. | 你不再跟我们玩了 |
[24:17] | Damn it, James, I am talking to you. | 詹姆斯 我在跟你说话呢 |
[24:19] | Is that what you call it? | 这就叫跟我说话吗 |
[24:21] | I must have called you ten times, left you messages. | 我打了不下十次 留了好多言 |
[24:23] | You don’t even call back. | 你都不回话 |
[24:25] | Oh, yeah, must have turned it off. | 肯定是我关机了 |
[24:28] | Well, why’d you turn off your phone? | 你关机干什么 |
[24:30] | More importantly, why do you have to call me…ten times a day? | 更重要的是 你为什么一天打我十次电话 |
[24:35] | I should have cut that cord a long time ago. | 我早该摆脱你的束缚了 |
[24:37] | – Are you on drugs? – Nope. | -你在吸毒吗 -没有 |
[24:39] | Never been more clear-headed in my life. | 我这辈子从没这么清醒过 |
[24:40] | So you are going to flush everything that we have worked for | 那你就准备让我们的努力 |
[24:43] | down the drain, is that it? | 付诸东流 是吗 |
[24:44] | Is that the plan, James? | 这就是你的计划吗 詹姆斯 |
[24:45] | We? The plan? | 我们的计划 |
[24:48] | You know, all this time I’ve been busting my hump, | 这么久以来 我拼命地学 |
[24:50] | doing what you wanted me to do. | 按照你的想法过日子 |
[24:52] | Then it occurred to me, why do I want to be like you? | 然后我反应过来 我为什么要像你一样 |
[24:56] | – What? – You’ve been a miserable | -什么 -你一直以来就是一个 |
[24:58] | suffocating jerk for so long, no wonder Mom left. | 死气沉沉的可怜混蛋 难怪妈会走 |
[25:03] | Your mother left because she couldn’t handle raising two kids. | 你妈离开因为她承受不了抚养两个孩子 |
[25:06] | You’re saying it’s my fault? | 你说这是我的错 |
[25:07] | No, damn it. That’s not what I meant. | 不是 该死 我不是这个意思 |
[25:08] | – I don’t want to talk about… – Hey,come back here. | -我不想跟你说了 -你回来 |
[25:17] | What has gotten into you? | 你被什么附身了吗 |
[25:19] | You’re the one who changed, dad. | 有变化的人是你 爸爸 |
[25:20] | – Why can’t it be more like before? – Before? | -为什么不能像以前一样 -什么以前 |
[25:22] | Yeah, before. | 是的 以前 |
[25:23] | Before you cared so much about my scores, my grades. | 以前你不会这么在意我的成绩 |
[25:28] | I-I don’t understand, James. | 我不明白 詹姆斯 |
[25:29] | No, why can’t you just be happy with me? | 别 有我难道不够幸福吗 |
[25:34] | Get your own life, dad. | 找到自己的人生 爸 |
[25:48] | That was the last time I saw him. | 那是我最后一次见到他 |
[25:57] | It had to be tough, the past eight years, | 过去八年一定不容易 |
[25:59] | raising kids on your own. | 一个人养孩子 |
[26:03] | I just wanted him to have every advantage, | 我只是希望他能全面发展 |
[26:07] | be prepared for when life let you down. | 在不幸来临前做好准备 |
[26:14] | Darryl, you’re saying James destroyed his cell phone that night? | 达里尔 那说詹姆斯那晚把手机扔了 |
[26:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:20] | So whose phone was that in the oil drum? | 那油桶里的手机是谁的 |
[26:38] | Off to work? | 去上班吗 |
[26:39] | Oh, late jump? | 起来晚了吗 |
[26:42] | Late night. | 工作到很晚 |
[26:43] | Oh, by the way, I took care of that thing for you. | 对了 你的事我帮你搞定了 |
[26:46] | What thing? | 什么事 |
[26:47] | Parking ticket. | 停车罚单 |
[26:48] | Oh, oh, thanks. | 那个啊 谢谢 |
[26:50] | Appreciate it. | 感激不尽 |
[26:51] | It’s nothing, really. | 真的没什么 |
[26:56] | Something else you want to tell me? | 你还有什么要对我说的吗 |
[26:58] | Uh, no, uh… | 没什么 |
[27:01] | I just realized how nice it is to talk to you | 只是发现跟你聊天 |
[27:03] | without that damn ball bouncing. | 没被打断真好 |
[27:05] | For a second there, I thought you were going to ask me out. | 有那么一瞬间 我以为你会约我出去 |
[27:08] | Me? | 我吗 |
[27:09] | Were you? | 没有吗 |
[27:11] | Absolutely. | 绝对有 |
[27:15] | Let me think about it. | 让我考虑一下 |
[27:18] | Think about it? | 还要考虑 |
[27:23] | Sunday night, I’ll buy. | 周日晚上 我请 |
[27:26] | Since you paid for the ticket. | 因为你付了罚单 |
[27:32] | Sunday night it is. | 那就周日晚上 |
[27:51] | Hey, what you cramming for… Lucas? | 你在学啥呢 卢卡斯 |
[27:54] | AP chem. | 大学化学 |
[27:56] | Am I in trouble? | 我有麻烦了吗 |
[27:57] | I tried to call you, but I guess we had an old cell number. | 我试着打你电话 但只有你的老号码 |
[28:00] | You switch phones in the last year? | 你去年换手机了吗 |
[28:01] | Get a new number? | 换号码了吗 |
[28:03] | – No. – Maybe you lent it to somebody. | -没有 -也许你借给谁了 |
[28:05] | Not that I remember. | 我没印象 |
[28:06] | No? ‘Cause the cell phone we found with James’s body, | 没有吗 因为詹姆斯尸体旁发现的手机 |
[28:08] | we pulled the serial number. | 找出了序列号 |
[28:09] | Yeah, checked it with the service provider, | 跟运营商查过了 |
[28:11] | the phone was registered to you. | 手机是你名下的 |
[28:17] | Stand up, Lucas, let’s go. | 起来 卢卡斯 我们走 |
[28:18] | – I lent my cell phone to James. – Why? | -我把手机借给了詹姆斯 -为什么 |
[28:20] | He called. Said he needed me to come pick him up. | 他打来 说他需要我去接他 |
[28:23] | – From where? – Uh, Overbrook station. | -从哪里 -欧文布鲁克站 |
[28:26] | When was this? | 是什么时候 |
[28:29] | The night he disappeared. | 他失踪的那晚 |
[28:31] | He was in trouble. Big time. | 他碰到麻烦了 大麻烦 |
[28:53] | You scared the hell out of me. | 你把我吓死了 |
[28:54] | – Let’s get out of here. – What’s up? | -我们赶紧走 -怎么了 |
[28:56] | Just drive, man, just go! | 你就开吧 赶紧走 |
[28:57] | Go where? What’s going on, James? | 去哪里啊 怎么了啊 詹姆斯 |
[29:01] | Dude…dude, is that blood? | 伙计 这是血吗 |
[29:05] | You’re getting it all over my dad’s leather seats. | 你把我爸车的皮套都搞脏了 |
[29:08] | I screwed everything up. | 我把事情搞砸了 |
[29:10] | Let me just sit here, okay? | 就让我坐一下 行吗 |
[29:12] | Let me…let me just sit here. | 让我…就让我坐一会儿 |
[29:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:20] | I got so lost, you know? | 我迷失了自我 |
[29:22] | Yeah…sure… | 好吧 |
[29:27] | I thought he was right ’cause I was mad at my dad… | 我以为他是对的 因为我对我爸特别生气 |
[29:32] | but then I just kind of lost sight again. | 但后来我又迷失了 |
[29:36] | Of what? | 迷失什么啊 |
[29:38] | Of me. | 自我 |
[29:47] | I got to make it right. | 我要挽回这一切 |
[29:49] | Give me your phone. | 把手机给我 |
[29:50] | What? | 什么 |
[29:51] | I’ll give it back later. Please. | 我会还给你的 谢了 |
[29:59] | Hey, what happened, James? | 詹姆斯 发生什么了 |
[30:05] | This guy, I think we killed him. | 我想我们杀人了 |
[30:20] | They killed someone? | 他们杀了人 |
[30:22] | I don’t know, I guess. | 我不知道 我猜是吧 |
[30:25] | Their fight club? | 那个搏击俱乐部吗 |
[30:26] | I’m not going to get in trouble, am I? | 我不会有麻烦吧 |
[30:28] | I mean, I’m waitting to hear from colleges. | 我正在等大学的回复 |
[30:45] | I checked on this kid’s story, boss. | 证实了那个孩子的说辞 老大 |
[30:47] | There was an assault of an adult male, white, | 那晚有个白人男子被袭击 |
[30:50] | that evening, a few blocks from Mantua train station. | 离曼图亚火车站几个街区 |
[30:55] | Martin Jacobsen, 42. | 马丁·雅各布森 42岁 |
[30:57] | Discovered unconscious with a critical head injury | 被发现时已昏迷 头部重伤 |
[31:00] | subdural hematoma. | 硬膜下血肿 |
[31:01] | Blood on the brain. | 头部出血了 |
[31:03] | He died two days later, ruled a homicide. | 两天后死了 被认定为是凶杀 |
[31:07] | The r-5 stops in Mantua. | R5线经过曼图亚 |
[31:08] | It’s the same train James took to The Bottom. | 詹姆斯就是做那趟车去底区的 |
[31:11] | He was telling the truth about killing someone. | 他说杀人的事 是真的 |
[31:13] | So, who’d he mean by “we”? | 那他说”我们”是指谁 |
[31:15] | Got the dump back on Lucas’s cell phone that night. | 卢卡斯那晚的手机记录找到了 |
[31:17] | Only one call made, to Cole Palmer. | 只有一个电话 打给科尔·帕尔玛 |
[31:21] | The fight club ringleader. | 搏击会的头 |
[31:23] | If they killed a man, could be James went to meet Cole later on. | 如果他们杀了人 可能詹姆斯后来要见科尔 |
[31:26] | To get their stories straight. | 统一口径 |
[31:29] | And Cole cleaned up the loose end. | 而科尔决定处理掉不听话的人 |
[31:39] | 50 years of homicide word between us here, Cole. | 我俩加起来在凶杀组干了五十年 科尔 |
[31:43] | No strangers to violence as a lure to young men. | 年轻人总是对暴力感兴趣 |
[31:46] | Girls cut themselves, guys fight. | 女孩自残 男孩互斗 |
[31:48] | Show of strength, confused with power. | 力量的展示 迷失于权力 |
[31:51] | But it’s always a dead end. | 但总归是死路一条 |
[31:54] | Because violence just begets more violence. | 因为暴力只会招致更多暴力 |
[31:57] | And someone…ends up dead. | 而有些人 就是牺牲品 |
[32:03] | That guy’s dead? | 那个人死了吗 |
[32:04] | You remember him? | 你记得他吗 |
[32:06] | His name was Martin Jacobsen. | 他叫马丁·雅各布森 |
[32:09] | He left a wife and a four-year-old boy. | 留下了妻子和一个四岁大的孩子 |
[32:11] | Beaten to death. | 被活活打死 |
[32:16] | Look at him. | 看着他 |
[32:19] | Look at him. | 看着他 |
[32:23] | You think you know everything, but you don’t. | 你以为你什么都知道 并非如此 |
[32:27] | Don’t know what…Buck? | 不知道什么 孬种 |
[32:30] | Black eyes, bruises… | 肿眼眶 淤青 |
[32:33] | I show up like this every day at school, | 我每天这样出现在学校里 |
[32:35] | and all the adults are asleep at the wheel. | 可大人们就好像没看见 |
[32:39] | Nobody asks why. | 没人问为什么 |
[32:41] | So you do it for the attention? | 你这么做是为了吸引注意 |
[32:44] | No, to feel alive. | 不 为了找存在感 |
[32:47] | To feel like I matter. | 感到自己存在的意义 |
[32:49] | Killing James make you feel alive, too, Cole? | 杀害詹姆斯让你找到存在感了吗 科尔 |
[32:52] | I didn’t kill him. | 我没有杀他 |
[32:55] | What happened that night? | 那晚发生了什么 |
[32:58] | We had just gotten off the train, and everything went to hell. | 我们下了火车 事情就一发不可收拾 |
[33:03] | You scratched him? | 你抓了他 |
[33:06] | You should have wailed on your old man, if you ask me, man. | 要我说 你真该对你老爹挥拳的 |
[33:09] | That’s not the point, you know? | 重点不是这个 |
[33:11] | He’s always meant well. | 他的意图是好的 |
[33:12] | No, the point is, you dad thinks your accomplishments | 不 重点是 你爸认为 |
[33:15] | are a reflection of him, as long as you look good on paper. | 只要你表面光鲜 你的成就就是他的 |
[33:19] | No, forget it. | 不是 算了吧 |
[33:24] | Is that guy lost? | 那个人迷路了吗 |
[33:25] | The car won’t start and I’m in a kind of a sketchy neighborhood. | 车发动不了 这附近挺乱的 |
[33:28] | What a tool. | 傻帽一个 |
[33:29] | Yeah, if you can get here as soon as possible, I’d appreciate it. | 请你能尽快赶来 感激不尽 |
[33:31] | Just like my dad. | 就跟我爸一样 |
[33:42] | What’s he doing? | 他要干什么 |
[33:43] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[33:46] | Hey, cut that out. Give that back. | 别瞎搞 还给我 |
[33:50] | Buy, sell, buy, sell, everything must go! | 买卖 买卖 大甩卖啦 |
[33:53] | Kid, what are you doing? | 孩子 你在干什么啊 |
[33:58] | Hey, Tanner! | 坦纳 |
[34:00] | Yo, Tanner! | 坦纳 |
[34:09] | Hey, get off him, huh? | 别打了 |
[34:11] | What the hell’s wrong with you? | 你脑子出问题了吗 |
[34:12] | Is he all right? | 他没事吧 |
[34:15] | Oh, my god! | 我的天哪 |
[34:17] | Tanner, you idiot. | 坦纳 你个蠢蛋 |
[34:18] | Hey, come on, he’s fine, man. | 得了吧 他没事的 |
[34:20] | Does he look fine to you? | 他看起来像没事吗 |
[34:21] | We gotta get this guy some help. | 我们得帮他 |
[34:22] | No, we gotta get the hell outta here, man. | 不是 我们要赶紧跑 |
[34:25] | Come on, Cole. We gotta get outta here. | 走了 科尔 我们得赶紧走 |
[34:28] | Screw it, I’m gone. | 管他的 我走了 |
[34:34] | James, we’ve got to go. | 詹姆斯 我们得走了 |
[34:35] | No! We can’t just leave this guy here. | 不行 我们不能把他就留在这里 |
[34:37] | That’s not my problem. | 这不是我的责任 |
[34:38] | Everybody’s got a plan, right, Cole? | 大家不是都有计划吗 科尔 |
[34:41] | What’s your plan now? | 你的计划呢 |
[34:43] | Cole! | 科尔 |
[34:49] | I just took off. | 我逃走了 |
[34:52] | You got scared. | 你害怕了 |
[34:54] | I never wanted anybody to die. | 我没想置任何人于死地 |
[34:58] | Why did James call you? | 詹姆斯打你电话干什么 |
[35:00] | He wanted to go to the police. | 他想找警察自首 |
[35:02] | But that never happened. | 但事情后来并非如此 |
[35:03] | I called Tanner and told him | 我打给坦纳 让他去底区 |
[35:04] | to go meet James at The Bottom and settle it. | 见詹姆斯 把事情解决了 |
[35:06] | Settle it? | 解决 |
[35:09] | But you never went. | 但你根本没去 |
[35:11] | It was Tanner’s mess, not mine. | 那是坦纳惹的祸 不是我 |
[35:19] | You want to talk deal with my son, | 要想让我儿子认罪 |
[35:20] | it’ll be through my lawyer after he makes bail. | 要等到我的律师申请保释后 |
[35:22] | There won’t be any deal then, Mr.Lennox. | 不会有什么协议 伦诺克斯先生 |
[35:24] | Tanner killed Martin Jacobsen, | 坦纳杀害了马丁·雅各布森 |
[35:26] | the same night James disappeared. | 就在詹姆斯失踪那天 |
[35:28] | We got testimony from an eyewitness. | 我们有目击者的证词 |
[35:33] | – Dad… – Just keep your mouth shut, Tanner. | -爸 -别说话 坦纳 |
[35:35] | You were only 17 at the time. | 你当时才17岁 |
[35:37] | I can’t go to jail. | 我不能去监狱 |
[35:38] | Worst case, they prosecute you as a juvenile. | 最差他们以少年犯起诉你 |
[35:40] | Prosecute? Dad. | 起诉什么 爸 |
[35:43] | Over 16, any violent act is automatically trialed as an adult. | 超过16岁 任何暴力行为将以成人处理 |
[35:46] | You became a man in the minute | 打人的那一刻起 |
[35:48] | you started beating that guy, Tanner. | 你就是成年人了 坦纳 |
[35:50] | I didn’t… mean to kill anybody. | 我没有想…杀人 |
[35:53] | Tanner, shut up. | 坦纳 闭嘴 |
[35:54] | Just let me handle this mess. | 让我处理这件事 |
[35:55] | Don’t tell me to shut up! | 别总让我闭嘴 |
[36:01] | I’m sick of you always telling me what to do. | 你总指手画脚 我受够了 |
[36:06] | You met James down at the bottom. | 你去底区见了詹姆斯 |
[36:09] | Didn’t you? | 不是吗 |
[36:12] | Man up, Tanner. James had to go. | 承认吧 坦纳 詹姆斯必须死 |
[36:14] | Tanner…you’re a Lennox. Do not go down a loser. | 坦纳 你姓伦诺克斯 别做个蠢货 |
[36:18] | I’m not a loser. | 我不是 |
[36:20] | Shut up, damn it. | 闭嘴 该死的 |
[36:20] | He was just a kid, dad. | 他只是个孩子 爸爸 |
[36:25] | You do this, you’re going down. | 你这么做 就完蛋了 |
[36:32] | Then you’re coming with me. | 那我就拉着你一起 |
[36:44] | Stay in the car. I’ll handle this. | 待在车里 我去处理 |
[36:53] | Get out here, son! | 给我出来 孩子 |
[36:57] | Mr. Lennox? | 伦诺克斯先生 |
[36:58] | Shut up. Over here. | 闭嘴 给我过来 |
[37:03] | Tanner told me everything you dumb ass kids did tonight. | 坦纳把你们这帮蠢货今晚干的事告诉我了 |
[37:07] | We got to go to the police. | 我们得去自首 |
[37:08] | Don’t be stupid. | 别做傻事 |
[37:09] | The only thing that’s gonna save your ass | 唯一能帮你的办法 |
[37:11] | is if everybody keeps their mouth shut. | 就是大家都别说出去 |
[37:14] | ‘Cause all it takes is one screw-up like this | 因为你犯了一次这种错 |
[37:16] | to derail your whole life. | 一辈子都完了 |
[37:18] | Screw-up? We killed a guy. | 仅是犯错吗 我们杀人了 |
[37:21] | Son, after tonight, there’ll be no mention of this ever again. | 孩子 今晚后 谁都不要再提这事 |
[37:28] | Understand? | 明白吗 |
[37:32] | You’re a bright kid, James, with a hell of a future, | 你是个聪明的孩子 前途大好 |
[37:35] | but I know your father’s financial situation. | 但我知道你爸的经济状况 |
[37:37] | Do the right thing, and I can pull some strings. | 做正确的事 我可以帮帮你 |
[37:41] | Tuition will not be an issue. | 学费不会是问题 |
[37:43] | The right thing? | 正确的事 |
[37:45] | You wouldn’t know the right thing if it bit you in the ass. | 你根本不知道什么叫正确 |
[37:49] | My dad never made a lot of money, Mr.Lennox, | 我爸一直赚钱不多 伦诺克斯先生 |
[37:53] | but he knows right from wrong. | 但他知道是非黑白 |
[37:54] | That’s very touching. | 真感人 |
[37:56] | Your point? | 你想说什么 |
[37:57] | You screw up, you man up. | 犯了错 要勇于承担 |
[38:01] | Sorry, Mr.Lennox. | 对不起了 伦诺克斯先生 |
[38:03] | You can take your offer and shove it. | 收回你的邀请 我不稀罕 |
[38:58] | 歌曲: “How To Save A Life” 歌手: The Fray | |
[41:19] | 已结案 07年1月 |