时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | 《费城守卫者报》 收发站 | |
[00:33] | If old FDR could have squeezed out another couple of weeks, | 如果老罗斯福能再多活几周 |
[00:35] | he’d seen a this war end. | 他就能看到战争结束了 |
[00:36] | My stint’s gonna end here if McDuff gets a gander at this… | 等麦克达夫看到了这个 我就要死了 |
[00:39] | I can’t make heads or tails out of this story. | 我就是理不清这篇报道 |
[00:40] | All right, Birdie, let me see it. | 没事 柏德 我来看看 |
[00:42] | You don’t mind? It’s all right there, Lo. | 真的吗 就在这儿 洛 |
[00:43] | Highlight these good details: Allied troops celebrating, | 把这些精彩的细节凸显出来 联军庆祝 |
[00:46] | dancing polkas… and use active verbs. | 跳波尔卡舞 使用主动动词 |
[00:48] | This is breaking news, not your grandma’s knitting circle. | 这是爆炸性新闻 不是在讲你奶奶的织毛衣 |
[00:51] | I see him, Birdie. Almost done. | 我看到他了 柏德 就好 |
[00:53] | Birdsong! | 柏德松 |
[00:55] | – Our boys are finally coming home. – Looks like it, sir. | -我们的战士总算是回来了 -是啊 先生 |
[00:57] | Well, this war’s bound to have made some heroes. | 这场战争必然会造就一些英雄 |
[00:59] | Philadelphia needs to read about hers. | 费城要了解本地的英雄 |
[01:00] | Features, Mr. McDuff? | 写专题吗 麦克达夫先生 |
[01:01] | – Fast as you can write them. – The first one’s on its way. | -尽快写出来 -第一篇就要完成了 |
[01:03] | Well, if it’s as good as your last few, | 如果能达到你前几篇的水准 |
[01:05] | we’ll need to save room above the fold. | 我们就得在上半版版面留出位置了 |
[01:07] | How about me, Mr. McDuff? | 我呢 麦克达夫先生 |
[01:10] | – Crumb cakes! – Excuse me? | -面包屑蛋糕 -什么 |
[01:11] | I want to hear what kind of victory vittles | 报道一下妻子们为打仗归来的 |
[01:14] | the ladies are baking for the soldiers coming home from the war. | 士兵们准备了什么样的胜利食品 |
[01:16] | Red, white and blue Jell-O gelatin! | 红白蓝的果冻 |
[01:20] | That’s a story gals will go dizzy for! | 女士们听了准乐疯了 |
[01:23] | I like your spirit. | 精神可嘉 |
[01:24] | So, what do you say, Miss Kinney, you think you can manage that? | 怎么样 靳尼小姐 你能做得来吗 |
[01:26] | Sure, I can write that. | 当然了 没问题 |
[01:27] | And then maybe something on this Unite Nations idea? | 然后我能写点关于联合国的东西吗 |
[01:29] | You know, Mrs. R. was saying it might put an end to these big wars, | 罗斯福太太认为这可能会永远结束这种大战 |
[01:32] | – and I was thinking… – Pipe down, sugar, | -我在想… -别激动 甜心 |
[01:33] | you hardly have time as it is… you know the rule. | 已经没剩多少时间了 规矩你懂的 |
[01:35] | 6:00! Ladies out! | 六点了 女士们回家吧 |
[02:35] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[02:37] | Jeffries got demoted? | 杰弗里斯被降级了 |
[02:38] | Disciplined… the bosses put him on desk duty. | 是受罚 上头让他做几天文职 |
[02:40] | – For how long? – Undetermined. | -做多久 -没确定 |
[02:42] | Well, that’s going to make him nuts. | 他肯定要气疯了 |
[02:44] | Doesn’t help that his birthday’s this week. | 而且他生日还是这周 |
[02:45] | Oh, right. | 对啊 |
[02:47] | Double whammy. | 雪上加霜 |
[02:48] | No, whatever you do, don’t mention it to him. | 不论如何 千万别跟他提 |
[02:49] | He was very clear… no cake, no presents. | 他说得很清楚 不要蛋糕 不要礼物 |
[02:51] | I got it. | 知道了 |
[02:52] | Lieutenant? Detective. | 副队长 探员 |
[02:55] | – Looking for you. – Hey, Tommy. | -正找你你 -好啊 汤米 |
[02:56] | Will Jeffries has some right hook, huh? | 威尔·杰弗里斯的右勾拳真厉害啊 |
[02:58] | Well, off the record, that guy had it coming. | 私下说一句 那家伙是自找的 |
[03:00] | Rumor is your paper’s going out of business. | 据说你们报社要倒闭了 |
[03:02] | Yeah, I guess everyone’s getting their news online now. | 是啊 现在大家都上网查新闻了 |
[03:04] | Me? I’m still terrified of e-mail. | 而我呢 连电子邮件都不敢用 |
[03:06] | Newsroom’s clearing out, huh? | 新闻编辑部人都走光了吗 |
[03:08] | Yeah, place is clear like a tomb. | 是啊 一个人影都没有 |
[03:09] | I was going through the archives, before they trash everything. | 我想趁他们还没把东西都丢掉 翻翻案卷 |
[03:13] | I found something that might interest you. | 却找到了你可能会感兴趣的东西 |
[03:14] | Oh, yeah? What’s that? | 是吗 什么东西 |
[03:15] | You guys know about the Sentinel’s ghost? Lo Kinney? | 你们知道《守卫者》的鬼魂吗 洛·靳尼 |
[03:19] | Yeah, I’ve heard tell. | 听说过 |
[03:20] | Yeah, old time reporter that got killed, right? | 以前一位死去的记者 |
[03:22] | While most lady reporters were writing about casseroles, | 绝大部分女记者都在报道砂锅菜 |
[03:25] | she traveled the world with Eleanor Roosevelt. | 她却跟着埃莉诺·罗斯福满世界转 |
[03:26] | A gal ahead of her time. | 时代的先驱者 |
[03:28] | Her death’s on the books as a purse snatching gone bad, but, uh, | 她的死据记录是抢包升级 |
[03:32] | lore is it was more than that. | 但据说不是这么简单 |
[03:33] | Something in the archives back that up? | 档案馆里有什么能支持这种说法的吗 |
[03:35] | In a box of her old files, | 在一箱她的东西里 |
[03:36] | I found a note, dated the day she died. | 我找到了一张字条 日期是她死的那天 |
[03:38] | Saying what? | 写了什么 |
[03:39] | “Lawndale Station. 10:00 p.m. | “朗岱尔车站 晚10点见 |
[03:42] | This will not stand.” | 这事不可容忍” |
[03:44] | Lawndale Station significant? | 朗岱尔车站有什么特别的吗 |
[03:46] | It’s where she was killed. | 她就是死在了那里 |
[03:48] | Hit by the 10:00 p.m. train. | 被晚10点的火车撞死了 |
[04:25] | Hey… It’s the birthday boy. | 这不是寿星嘛 |
[04:27] | Just stepped right in it, didn’t you. | 哪壶不开提哪壶啊你 |
[04:30] | It’s a bummer about the desk duty. | 文职的事真是扫兴 |
[04:32] | But, uh, this’ll get your mind off it. | 但是 这会让你忘了那事 |
[04:35] | I hooked you up. | 我给你做了安排 |
[04:36] | Hooked me up for what? | 安排我干什么 |
[04:37] | Tickets to Lena’s show. Wednesday night. | 去看莉娜的表演 周三晚上的 |
[04:40] | Did I not tell you to ignore my birthday? | 不是让你们别管我的生日了吗 |
[04:42] | – I read between the lines. – Morning. | -我听出了言外之意 -早啊 |
[04:44] | What do we got? | 什么情况 |
[04:46] | Lorena Kinney, hit by train at Lawndale Station, 1945. | 洛瑞娜·靳尼 1945年被撞死在朗岱尔车站 |
[04:48] | 本地知心大姐 死于火车事故 | |
[04:51] | “Agony Aunt”? | “知心大姐” |
[04:52] | Yeah, what they used to call advice columnists. | 是建议专栏的旧称 |
[04:54] | Lorena was the “Dear Abby” of the Sentinel. | 洛瑞娜就是《守卫者》的”艾比” |
[04:57] | Purse strap was found with the body, but no purse? | 包带就在死者身上 包却不见了 |
[04:59] | Looked like she resisted a robbery, things got violent. | 看来她做出了抵抗 跟劫匪打了起来 |
[05:02] | But this note found in her files | 但她物品里的这张字条 |
[05:03] | suggests Lo was meeting someone there. | 说明洛是去那里跟人碰面的 |
[05:06] | “Lawndale Station, 10:oo p.m. This will not stand.” | “朗岱尔车站 晚10点见 这事不可容忍” |
[05:09] | Someone was threatening Lo, she goes to meet them… | 有人在威胁洛 她去见那人 |
[05:11] | Things get heated, she gets pitched under the train. | 事情一发不可收拾 她被扔下了火车 |
[05:13] | Makes the author of the note the doer. | 这样写字条的人就是凶手了 |
[05:15] | Well, three more boxes of her files at the Sentinel. | 《守卫者》那边还有三箱她的档案 |
[05:17] | I’ll start digging. | 我去找找 |
[05:19] | And I’ll visit the last to see… | 我去拜访最后见到她的 |
[05:20] | fellow reporter, Davis Birdsong. | 戴维斯·柏德松 记者同事 |
[05:23] | And I’ll be at my desk. | 我回座位了 |
[05:29] | Lo Kinney. | 洛·靳尼 |
[05:33] | She was a crackerjack news gal. | 她是个出色的记者 |
[05:36] | Our girl on the scene, during the FDR years. | 罗斯福时期 都是她去现场报道 |
[05:39] | I thought she was a gossip columnist. | 她不是写八卦专栏的吗 |
[05:41] | – Advice. – Yeah, well, that was later. | -建议专栏 -对 那是后来了 |
[05:43] | You see, Eleanor Roosevelt championed lady reporters. | 埃莉诺·罗斯福很器重女记者 |
[05:47] | But when FDR died, gals got sent back to the minors. | 但罗斯福死后 女记者又被打回了冷宫 |
[05:51] | So Lo’s demoted, now she’s an Agony Aunt. | 所以洛也降职成了知心大姐 |
[05:54] | Ten-cent reporter in a five-cent job. | 10分的记者却做5分的事 |
[05:56] | We’re looking back into her death, | 我们在重新调查她的死 |
[05:58] | thinking maybe it wasn’t just a purse snatching. | 可能不是抢包那么简单 |
[06:00] | No kidding? | 是吗 |
[06:00] | Yeah, we think she might have been | 我们认为她那晚 |
[06:02] | meeting someone at the station that night. | 可能是去车站见什么人 |
[06:04] | Any ideas who? | 你知道是谁吗 |
[06:06] | Ladies were kicked out of the newsroom at 6 o’clock. | 当时女记者6点就下班了 |
[06:09] | I don’t know what she did with her evenings. | 我不知道她晚上是怎么过的 |
[06:10] | She didn’t have a guy? | 她没男友吗 |
[06:11] | A firecracker like Lo wasn’t dating material in the 40s. | 40年代洛那种火爆脾气的人可找不到男友 |
[06:15] | She have any enemies at the Sentinel? | 她在《守卫者》有敌人吗 |
[06:17] | Someone who hated her enough to shove her onto the tracks? | 有没有谁对她恨到会把她推到铁轨上 |
[06:20] | You kind of knew it would all end in tears with Lo. | 你能预感到洛不会有好结局 |
[06:23] | It was just too dangerous | 把她那样狂野的鸟儿 |
[06:25] | to stick a wild bird like her in the hen house. | 扔在母鸡舍里实在太危险了 |
[06:38] | So what’s the breaking news in the hen house? | 母鸡舍这边有什么大新闻 |
[06:41] | “Dear Lo, in a real pickle here. | “亲爱的洛 我遇上了难题 |
[06:44] | Will a polka-dot frock, | 是圆点连衣裙 |
[06:46] | or a flower-print dress turn my Jack’s head?” | 还是印花裙子能让我的杰克注意我呢” |
[06:48] | “Dear In A Pickle: You want to turn your Jack’s head, | “困扰的亲爱的 你想让杰克注意你 |
[06:51] | say ‘boo’ to the frock and show him the birthday suit.” | 别穿什么连衣裙了 直接生日装[赤裸]上阵吧” |
[06:55] | That gal’s asking you a serious question, Lo. | 那姑娘在问你严肃问题呢 洛 |
[06:58] | Serious? | 严肃 |
[06:59] | What Truman’s going to do about the Japanese, that serious. | 杜鲁门要怎么对付日本人才叫严肃问题 |
[07:02] | Women don’t want to be bothered with war talk. | 女人才不想谈战争呢 |
[07:04] | Cause meat pies and nylons are so much more interesting. | 因为肉馅饼和尼龙袜要有趣得多了 |
[07:08] | Hi, Miss Russell. | 罗素小姐 |
[07:10] | Got that newlywed survey going to, uh… Martha Body on Spruce? | 新婚夫妇调查寄给云杉大道的玛莎·博迪 对吗 |
[07:14] | Think that last paragraph’s too much, Lo? | 最后一段是不是太过了 洛 |
[07:16] | Hmm. Kind of a laugh. | 真好笑 |
[07:18] | You giving romantic advice. | 你居然给读者出爱情建议 |
[07:21] | Oh, really? Why’s that? | 怎么了 有什么问题吗 |
[07:24] | What do you know about it? | 你怎么会了解爱情 |
[07:25] | You’re a childless old maid. | 你就是个没孩子的老处女 |
[07:27] | Take a powder, Helen. | 去歇歇吧 海伦 |
[07:28] | Women all over this city live by the advice in “Dear Lo.” | 全城的女人都指着”亲爱的洛”出谋划策呢 |
[07:32] | Well, they shouldn’t. | 他们不该这样 |
[07:33] | Women’s page is good for wrapping fish, and nothing more. | 女性专栏就是用来包鱼的 没别的用处了 |
[07:37] | You blow in, steal my job, | 你突然出现 抢了我的工作 |
[07:40] | then act like you’ve got something better to do? | 然后一副你还不稀罕的样子 |
[07:42] | – Your job? – I should have gotten that column! | -你的工作 -那专栏本该是我的 |
[07:47] | I know what women care about. | 我知道女人在乎什么 |
[07:50] | Soon as McDuff gives me a real beat | 只要麦克达夫能给我点重要的事做 |
[07:51] | the “Dear Lo” column is all yours. | 建议专栏就归你了 |
[07:55] | All fixed up, Birdie. | 都好了 柏德 |
[08:04] | Those two fought like alley cats. | 他们俩就像泼妇一样吵架 |
[08:06] | And Helen had some toys in the attic? | 海伦不太正常吗 |
[08:08] | Had some crack-ups over the years. | 这些年发作过几次 |
[08:11] | She spent time in mental hospitals. | 在精神病院待过一段时间 |
[08:13] | Was she loopy enough to try and hurt Lo? | 她会疯到去伤害洛吗 |
[08:15] | – She did benefit from her dying. – Yeah? How? | -洛的死的确对她有好处 -是吗 |
[08:18] | With Lo gone, Helen got that column. | 洛一走 海伦就得到了专栏 |
[08:21] | She’s still writing it. | 现在还在写呢 |
[08:32] | So you took over Lo’s column. | 你接手了洛的专栏 |
[08:33] | Changed “Dear Lo” to “Hey, Helen,” | 把”亲爱的洛”改成了”你好 海伦” |
[08:35] | and the rest is history. | 其他的大家都知道了 |
[08:37] | We hear you had a few bumps along the way. | 我们听说你这些年来有些波澜 |
[08:39] | – An altercation on a city bus… – Misunderstanding. | -在公共汽车上跟人起争执 -误会而已 |
[08:42] | Hospital stay after disrupting a wedding. | 搅乱一场婚礼之后进了医院 |
[08:44] | Locked the bride in the choir room, | 把新娘关在唱诗班的房间里了 |
[08:45] | and walked down the aisle yourself? | 然后自己走上了红地毯 |
[08:47] | She wasn’t really right for him. | 她不适合他 |
[08:49] | We were wondering if, in one of these colorful periods, | 我们在想 在这些多彩的时期里 |
[08:52] | you did something to Lo. | 你会不会对洛做了什么 |
[08:53] | – Like shove her in front of a train? – Like that, yeah. | -比如把她推到火车前 -对 |
[08:56] | We know you wanted that column pretty bad. | 我们知道你很想得到那个专栏 |
[09:00] | You girls are lucky. | 你们很幸运 |
[09:01] | You have no idea what it’s like with a ceiling above you, | 你们完全不知道头上有块天花板 |
[09:04] | blocking how far you can rise. | 让你升不了多高的感觉 |
[09:06] | Not much room for women at the paper? | 女记者在报社没多少生存空间吗 |
[09:08] | Hardly room for one, much less two. | 一个人都很难了 别说两个 |
[09:10] | So far you to succeed, Lo had to go. | 你要成功 洛就得离开 |
[09:13] | Look, I’m a crazy old broad, I admit it, | 我承认我是个老疯婆子 |
[09:15] | but Lo was making enemies more dangerous than me. | 但洛惹上了一些比我危险的敌人 |
[09:19] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[09:20] | She was offering some pretty progressive advice in that column. | 她当时在专栏里提出了不少很激进的建议 |
[09:23] | – And that got her in trouble? – Sure did. | -让她惹了麻烦吗 -当然 |
[09:25] | The hen house became a hornets’ nest | 她一些建议一提出 |
[09:27] | after some of her ideas hit the street. | 母鸡舍就变成了马蜂窝 |
[09:34] | Lo Kinney? | 洛·靳尼 |
[09:36] | That’s me. | 是我 |
[09:37] | Hey, where do you get off telling my wife to, | 你凭什么跟我妻子说 |
[09:40] | “Beat feet if your dogface came home from the war | “如果你家的士兵从战场上回来 |
[09:42] | more interested in his buddies than his bride.” | 对战友的热情超过了妻子 就赶快走人吧” |
[09:48] | I gave that advice to a girl | 这个建议是写给一个 |
[09:49] | who wrote in saying her husband stopped coming home nights… | 写信说她丈夫经常夜不归宿 |
[09:52] | and when he did, he was always stinking’. That’s where. | 即使回来也一身酒气的女人 就凭这个 |
[09:54] | Man can’t come home from the front and blow off a little steam… | 从前线回来的战士还不能发发脾气了吗 |
[09:56] | is that it? | 是这样吗 |
[09:57] | Not when he’s got a family to think of. | 如果他还有家庭就不行 |
[09:58] | Carousing, blowing your service benefits, liquoring up? | 夜不归宿 把军队福利用来买醉 |
[10:02] | The 52-20 Club is for layabouts, mister, | 无业低保金是给懒汉准备的 先生 |
[10:04] | and it’s making your wife nutso with worry. | 而且这让你妻子快担心死了 |
[10:06] | You got no idea about my life, what I been through. | 你根本不了解我的生活 我经历了什么 |
[10:10] | I know what your wife wrote. | 我知道你妻子是怎么写的 |
[10:11] | And you think that’s worth throwing away what we got? | 你觉得凭那些话就该让我们放弃一切吗 |
[10:13] | For crying out loud, lady! | 搞什么名当 女士 |
[10:15] | You married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[10:17] | Haven’t had time, haven’t missed it. | 没那个时间 也没觉得遗憾 |
[10:19] | So you don’t really know what you’re talking about, | 那么你就是在胡言乱语 |
[10:21] | having been left on the shelf past expiration yourself. | 你自己被剩在架子上过保质期了 |
[10:24] | – She is over 30. – Shut your pie hole, Helen. | -她确实都30多了 -闭嘴 海伦 |
[10:28] | And you sure as heck ain’t never been to war. | 而且你也没上过战场 |
[10:30] | Wives and soldiers don’t have any lock on common sense. | 妻子和士兵都没有常识 |
[10:35] | I ought to put a crimp in you. | 我真该阻止你 |
[10:36] | – You’re not the first one to threaten it. – Yeah, well… | -你不是第一个这么威胁我的 -是吗 |
[10:40] | maybe I’ll be the last. | 那或许我会是最后一个 |
[10:49] | I enjoyed it. I did. | 我心里挺高兴的 |
[10:52] | Especially that “left on the shelf” business. | 特别是”剩在架子上”那段 |
[10:56] | Did Lo get a lot of angry visitors? | 洛有很多气愤的访客吗 |
[10:58] | And she usually mouthed right back, but this one rattled her. | 而且她一般都马上还嘴 但这个让她很心烦 |
[11:02] | Seemed to scare her. | 似乎吓唬住了她 |
[11:04] | Any chance you remember his name? | 你还记得他的名字吗 |
[11:06] | Save us trying to match that story to the sender? | 我们就用不着再去查寄信人了 |
[11:08] | Lo got a lot of letters. | 洛收到的信很多 |
[11:10] | No. It’s the stories that stick, not their names. | 不 我记住的是他们的故事 不是名字 |
[11:14] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:24] | “Dear Lo, my husband says | “亲爱的洛 我丈夫说 |
[11:26] | frosted foods are for single gals and stumblebums. | 只有单身女人和穷鬼才吃冷冻食品 |
[11:29] | Who’s right? Signed, a Busy Bee.” | 谁是对的 一只忙碌的小蜜蜂” |
[11:32] | I guess that makes me a stumblebum. | 那我就是穷鬼了 |
[11:34] | Single gal. | 我是单身女人 |
[11:37] | Hey, man, you’re making me nervous. Why don’t you sit down? | 你整得我都紧张了 坐下来吧 |
[11:40] | Cause my ass has been planted all day. | 我屁股都扎在那上面一天了 |
[11:43] | Growing roots in that seat. | 都要生根了 |
[11:47] | Maybe box number three is the lucky one. | 或许第三箱会有好运 |
[11:50] | – Think I got it. – Yeah? | -我好像找到了 -是吗 |
[11:52] | “June 1, 1945. | “1945年6月1日 |
[11:55] | My soldier’s been home three months, but something’s wrong. | 我家士兵已经回家三个月了 但是他不太对劲 |
[11:58] | He’s out till all hours, always soused, | 他总是不着家 酒醉不醒 |
[12:00] | and doesn’t want word one with me.” | 而且不想跟我说话” |
[12:02] | Sounds right. Who signed it? | 应该就是她了 署名人是谁 |
[12:04] | – “Should I Scram?” – That ain’t helpful. | -“我该离开他吗” -这没什么用 |
[12:07] | Return address on the envelope: Mrs. Arthur Pool, Gildar Street. | 信上的回信地址是吉尔达街的亚瑟·普尔太太 |
[12:11] | Gildar’s in Fox Chase. | 吉尔达街在福克斯契斯 |
[12:12] | Train station out there… Lawndale. | 那边的火车站 正是朗岱尔 |
[12:15] | So maybe this Arthur lures our girl out to his local train stop… | 或许亚瑟把洛骗去了当地的火车站 |
[12:19] | Just in time to meet the 10:00 p.m. express. | 正好让她撞上晚10点的特快 |
[12:27] | Arthur Pool was my father. | 亚瑟·普尔是我父亲 |
[12:29] | He just passed away. | 他刚刚去世 |
[12:31] | I’m sorry. | 请节哀 |
[12:33] | We’re sitting shiva for him. | 我们在为他服丧 |
[12:34] | We’re here about a homicide. | 我们是为了一桩凶案而来 |
[12:36] | Your dad knew our victim. | 你父亲认识死者 |
[12:38] | Well, he obviously can’t help you. | 他显然是无能为力了 |
[12:41] | Her name was Lorena Kinney. | 她名叫洛瑞娜·靳尼 |
[12:43] | Your mom wrote to her for advice, back in ’45. | 54年时 你妈曾写信向她寻求建议 |
[12:46] | Which ticked your dad off pretty good. | 你爸气得火冒三丈 |
[12:48] | My dad did not kill Lo. | 我爸没杀洛 |
[12:50] | – So you knew her? – I met her in this house. | -你认识她 -我就在这里遇见了她 |
[12:52] | Really? Cause we heard | 是吗 我们听说 |
[12:53] | she and your dad went toe-to-toe in the newsroom. | 她和你爸在新闻编辑室对过峙呢 |
[12:55] | She came here the next day, and that’s when she met Noah. | 她第二天就来了 于是就遇上了诺亚 |
[12:59] | – Who’s that? – My uncle. | -那是谁 -我叔叔 |
[13:01] | He live with you? | 他跟你们住一起 |
[13:03] | Lucky for me. | 对我来说是幸事 |
[13:05] | He was my real father figure. | 他对我来说才是真正的父亲 |
[13:06] | Cause your dad came home from the war in rough shape? | 因为你父亲打仗归来情绪很糟吗 |
[13:09] | Right. | 对 |
[13:10] | Noah taught me how to be a kid, | 诺亚教育着我成长 |
[13:12] | shoot marbles, ask out a girl, drive. | 弹弹珠 约女孩出去 开车 |
[13:16] | Nice. | 真不错 |
[13:17] | What was Lo’s relationship with Noah? | 洛跟诺亚是什么关系 |
[13:22] | Love… at first sight. | 一见钟情 |
[13:27] | I’m here to apologize, I guess. | 我想我是想来道歉 |
[13:30] | A good reporter’s got to hear both sides of a story. | 好记者不应该只听一面之词 |
[13:33] | You willing to tell it? | 你愿意说吗 |
[13:34] | Look, uh… I love my wife, | 听我说 我爱我妻子 |
[13:39] | but the things I seen and… and done in this war… | 但是我在战争中见到的事 做过的事 |
[13:43] | those memories got to stay out of this house. | 那些记忆我不能带回家 |
[13:45] | Daddy, me and Uncle Noah saw Pinocchio | 爸爸 我和诺亚叔叔去看了《木偶奇遇记》 |
[13:48] | and get marbles! | 还买了弹珠 |
[13:50] | That’s nice, David. | 真不错 大卫 |
[13:52] | Now, don’t go interrupting the grownups, you hear? | 别打扰大人说话 好吗 |
[13:58] | Oh, we play later, David. What do you say? | 我们回头再玩 大卫 好吗 |
[14:03] | It’ll be our secret. | 就算是我们的小秘密 |
[14:07] | Noah, this is, uh, Lo Kinney, | 诺亚 这位是洛·靳尼 |
[14:09] | the advice lady I was moaning about. | 我向你抱怨的那个建议专栏的记者 |
[14:11] | – Pleased to meet you. – Likewise. | -见到你很高兴 -我也是 |
[14:13] | I am fan of your column, “Dear Lo.” | 我很喜欢你的专栏呢 |
[14:16] | – Now, that’s bunk. – No, it’s true. | -别骗我了 -是真的 |
[14:18] | A month ago, a woman asks what type of curtains you use, | 一个月前 有个女人问你用什么样的窗帘 |
[14:23] | and you tell her “None, so you can see the sky.” | 你跟她说”不用窗帘 这样就能看到天空了” |
[14:26] | Quite a memory you got… | 你记忆力真好 |
[14:28] | especially since I was shoveling it pretty hard, quite frankly. | 而且说实话 我不是很用心呢 |
[14:30] | Oh, you strike me as the type of woman to whom the truth… | 我觉得你是那种在什么事上都坚持 |
[14:34] | is everything. | 真相至上 |
[14:37] | Haven’t lived long in Philadelphia? | 你刚来费城吗 |
[14:39] | Uh, Noah’s from, uh Holland. | 不 诺亚是荷兰来的 |
[14:41] | – Swal… – Swalmen. | -斯瓦 -斯瓦曼 |
[14:43] | And she doesn’t care to hear about me. | 她才不想知道我的事呢 |
[14:45] | Sure. Sure, I do. | 不 我很想知道 |
[14:49] | I mean… that… that’s what I do. | 这就是我的工作嘛 |
[14:50] | I listen to people. | 我聆听他人的故事 |
[14:52] | Uh, turns out, uh, Noah and I are third cousins. | 是这样的 诺亚和我是远房亲戚 |
[14:56] | He made it out of Europe right when it was getting real bad. | 欧洲情势变糟的时候他逃了出来 |
[15:00] | How’d you swing that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[15:01] | During the war, um, things are confusing. | 战争期间 一切都很混乱 |
[15:04] | Um, I escaped and made it to Switzerland. | 我逃了出来 跑到了瑞士 |
[15:08] | He got out of that camp: Auschwitz. | 他从奥斯维辛集中营跑出来的 |
[15:11] | Is that right? | 真的啊 |
[15:13] | – I hear it was horrible. – Yes. | -听说那里很可怕 -是啊 |
[15:16] | Now, that’s a story people should hear. | 这个故事应该讲给大家听 |
[15:20] | What if I tell you other stories? | 那我告诉你其他故事怎么样 |
[15:22] | What if you tell me all your stories? | 不如你把你的故事都告诉我吧 |
[15:26] | Maybe I will. | 或许吧 |
[15:31] | So Lo was your uncle’s girl. | 洛是你叔叔的女人 |
[15:33] | Um, “Lady friend” was his term. | 他说的是”女友” |
[15:35] | So much for Helen’s old maid theory. | 看来海伦说的老处女站不住脚了 |
[15:38] | Is Noah here now? | 诺亚在吗 |
[15:40] | He was, but this time of day, he’s home… | 他来过 但这会儿应该回家了 |
[15:43] | painting up a storm. | 画画呢 |
[15:52] | Noah Pool? | 诺亚·普尔 |
[15:54] | Detectives Miller and Vera. | 米勒和维拉探员 |
[15:57] | Come on in. I don’t get many visitors here. | 进来吧 我这儿没多少人来 |
[16:01] | – Dark stuff. – Maybe that’s why no visitors. | -挺黑暗啊 -或许正是没人来的原因 |
[16:04] | Mr. Pool, we’re here about Lorena Kinney. | 普尔先生 我们为洛瑞娜·靳尼而来 |
[16:06] | Yeah, David said you were looking into her death. | 是啊 大卫告诉我你们在调查她的死 |
[16:09] | You think it wasn’t an accident? | 你们认为她不是死于意外 |
[16:11] | Maybe not. | 或许不是 |
[16:13] | That’s awful. | 太可怕了 |
[16:15] | We heard you two were an item. | 我们听说你们是一对 |
[16:18] | From the moment we met. | 一见钟情 |
[16:19] | There’s no mention of you in the police report when she died. | 她死的时候 警方报告里并没提到你 |
[16:22] | – I didn’t come forward. – That’s kind of strange. | -我没站出来 -这挺奇怪啊 |
[16:24] | I will illegal. I wasn’t even supposed to exist. | 我是非法居民 本来不该存在的 |
[16:27] | And you were worried the cops were going to send you back? | 你担心警察会把你送回去吗 |
[16:29] | They would have. I had nothing to go back to. | 他们会的 而我家乡那里什么都没了 |
[16:33] | Family, friends… all dead. | 家人 朋友 都死了 |
[16:36] | Right before her death, Lo received a note saying, | 洛死前不久收到了一张字条 |
[16:39] | “This will not stand,” | “这事不可容忍” |
[16:40] | and setting up a meet at the train station. | 并约好在火车站见面 |
[16:42] | Where she was killed. | 就是她遇害的地方 |
[16:44] | You didn’t write it, did you? | 是你写的吗 |
[16:45] | No. | 不 |
[16:47] | Lo was my second chance after so much darkness. | 经历了那么多痛苦后 洛是我重新开始的机会 |
[16:51] | I came here to start over, | 我来这里想要重拾生活 |
[16:53] | and there she was. Light. | 就遇到了她 我的光明 |
[16:57] | When she died, though, that… light went out for good. | 她死后 感觉就像灯永远灭了 |
[17:01] | Can you think of anyone who could have written that to her? | 你能想到那字条会是谁写给她的吗 |
[17:06] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[17:08] | One person. | 一个人 |
[17:15] | Cotton candy. | 棉花糖 |
[17:18] | It’s pretty good, huh? | 挺不错的吧 |
[17:19] | That is so sweet. | 真甜 |
[17:22] | The war’s almost over. We’re starting to get sugar again. | 战争差不多结束了 我们又吃到糖了 |
[17:25] | It’s nice, this place. Seeing the sky. | 这里真好啊 看看蓝天 |
[17:29] | For a long time, I see it only through barbed wire. | 很长一段时间 我只能透过铁丝网往外看 |
[17:32] | Must’ve felt like the world was ending. | 一定觉得像是世界要结束了吧 |
[17:34] | Huh. It was ending. | 的确是结束了 |
[17:37] | – Will you ever go back to Holland? – Why would I? | -你还会回荷兰吗 -为什么要回去 |
[17:40] | Family, your childhood home. | 家人 你童年的家 |
[17:42] | No, there’s nothing there. Not even me. | 不 那里什么都没了 我也没了 |
[17:46] | Whoever I thought I was, I left that person behind. | 我已经把我的曾经留在身后了 |
[17:50] | I think I know the feeling. | 我想我了解那种感受 |
[17:56] | Noah. You’re here now. | 诺亚 你现在在这里 |
[17:58] | When they came for us… | 他们来抓我们的时候 |
[18:02] | they put us on trains. | 他们把我们送上火车 |
[18:04] | That is the last time I saw my mother, my sisters… | 那是我最后一次见我母亲和姐妹们 |
[18:08] | and I got separated from my father at the camp. | 我跟父亲在集中营里失散了 |
[18:10] | I never saw them again. | 我再也没见到他们 |
[18:12] | – How long were you there? – Three years. | -你待了多久 -三年 |
[18:14] | I lived because I could paint. | 我能活下来是因为我会画画 |
[18:18] | The guards liked that. | 那些守卫喜欢我的画 |
[18:20] | What’d they like about it? | 他们为什么喜欢你的画 |
[18:22] | I painted their portraits. | 我画他们的肖像 |
[18:26] | For hours… I’d look at their faces… | 我盯着他们的面孔几小时 |
[18:29] | these men who kill my family… | 那些杀害我家人的人 |
[18:33] | – and painted them. – Oh, Noah. | -给他们画像 -诺亚 |
[18:37] | It’s nice to see the sky. | 能看到天空真好 |
[18:46] | What do you say we take a picture? | 我们去照张相吧 |
[18:48] | What? Uh, wait.. | 什么 等等 |
[18:50] | To remember today, forever. Come on… | 永远记住这一天 来吧 |
[19:11] | You’re, uh… You’re hard to pin down. | 你可真不好安稳下来 |
[19:14] | What? | 什么 |
[19:16] | You are like a wild bird. | 你就像一只野鸟 |
[19:19] | You want to flit. Fly. | 你总想飞 |
[19:22] | – I’m just an everyday gal. – No. | -我只是个普通女孩 -不 |
[19:25] | That’s what’s good. | 那样很好 |
[19:37] | You’re good. | 你很好 |
[19:40] | – What’s going on here? – Birdie! Were you following me? | -这是怎么回事 -柏德 你在跟踪我吗 |
[19:43] | You’re just throwing it all away. Is that it? | 你就要这么放弃了吗 |
[19:46] | It’s not what you think, Birdie. | 不是你想的那样 柏德 |
[19:47] | Well, the hell with you then, Lo! | 那去你的吧 洛 |
[19:50] | The hell with you! | 去你的 |
[19:54] | – I have to go to him. – No, Lo, wait. | -我得去找他 -别 洛 等等 |
[19:56] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:58] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[20:03] | Lo and Birdie had some history? | 洛和柏德有一段吗 |
[20:05] | She always said they were just pals from work. | 她一直说他们只是工作关系 |
[20:07] | What he told us, too. | 他也是这么对我们说的 |
[20:10] | I don’t know any “pals” that act like that. | 我没见过哪个”工作关系”的人那样 |
[20:20] | Firecracker like Lo wasn’t dating material? | 洛那种火爆脾气的人找不到男友 |
[20:23] | – Isn’t that what you said, Birdie? – Yes. | -你不是这么说的吗 柏德 -对 |
[20:25] | So what’s with you following her to Victory Park, | 那你跟着她去胜利公园 |
[20:27] | throwing a jealous fit when you find her with Noah? | 发现她跟诺亚在一起时大发醋意是怎么回事 |
[20:29] | That wasn’t what it seemed. | 不是那样的 |
[20:30] | Seems like you were sick in love with her. | 看起来你是爱上她了 |
[20:32] | – That’s not what I was after. – Then what? | -我找她不是为这事 -那是怎么回事 |
[20:35] | I needed her help, right then. | 我当时需要她帮忙 |
[20:39] | With? | 帮你什么 |
[20:44] | I had a story due. | 我有篇报道要截稿了 |
[20:46] | And Lo had been writing them for me. | 洛一直在替我写稿子 |
[20:49] | – Lo wrote your articles? – It started out, she just edited me. | -洛替你写稿子 -起初她只是帮我编辑一下 |
[20:53] | Down the line, I’d go to her under pressure. | 后来 我来不及时就会去找她 |
[20:56] | She could whip up a story in no time. | 她不一会儿就能拿出一篇报道 |
[20:59] | And you couldn’t? | 你做不到吗 |
[21:02] | I was a five-cent reporter in a ten-cent job. | 我是5分的记者做着10分的事 |
[21:07] | And Lo was covering for you. | 洛在替你代笔 |
[21:09] | I had a byline, no stories. | 我可以署名发表 却没东西可写 |
[21:12] | – But Lo had a million stories. – But no byline. | -而洛的报道一篇又一篇 -只是不能署名 |
[21:15] | I’d promised McDuff a feature | 我答应麦克达夫写一篇专访 |
[21:17] | on a man who survived the worst in Europe, | 讲一个人逃过了欧洲发生的浩劫 |
[21:20] | – was rebuilding his life here. – A story on Noah. | -在这里重拾生活 -关于诺亚的报道 |
[21:23] | Problem was, Lo was supposed to be reporting, | 问题是 洛本来应该做报道 |
[21:26] | not mooning around, falling in love. | 而不是谈情说爱 |
[21:37] | You had no right acting the way you did in the park… no right! | 你无权做出公园里那种事 |
[21:39] | You promised me that front-page story this morning! | 你答应今早就给我那篇头版报道的 |
[21:41] | McDuff has been breathing down my neck all day! | 麦克达夫一整天都在盯着我 |
[21:43] | Birdie, you’ve got a brain and ten fingers. | 柏德 你有脑子 有手 |
[21:45] | And even if you only use two of them to type, | 即使你只用两只手指打字 |
[21:47] | nothing’s stopping you from doing your own reporting. | 也不妨碍你自己写报道 |
[21:48] | So you backing out of the story, is that it? | 那你是不想做报道了吗 |
[21:50] | No. I just… I… I need more time. | 不 我只是 还需要点时间 |
[21:54] | You need more time cause you’re falling for this fella. | 你需要时间是因为你爱上那家伙了 |
[21:56] | I certainly am not. | 绝对不是 |
[21:58] | Well, I hope you know what you’re getting yourself into. | 我希望你知道自己在跟什么样的人交往 |
[22:03] | What do you mean by that? | 你这话什么意思 |
[22:05] | Well, you’re the one who said his story doesn’t add up. | 是你说他的话不太对劲 |
[22:07] | Him escaping through Switzerland, for starters. | 首先就是他穿越瑞士边境逃命 |
[22:09] | People got out however they could. | 人们用尽一切办法逃跑 |
[22:11] | The Swiss borders were tight, | 瑞士边境把守很严密 |
[22:12] | especially for Jews… you told me that. | 尤其是对犹太人 你告诉我的 |
[22:14] | And what about being in that camp? | 还有在集中营的事 |
[22:16] | All the prisoners got tattoos on their arms. | 所有的囚犯胳膊上都纹有数字 |
[22:17] | You said you were gonna check if he had one. | 你说你会看看他有没有纹身的 |
[22:19] | – I never looked. – Why not? | -我没看 -为什么 |
[22:22] | You’re too good a reporter for this, Lo. | 你的职业操守不止如此 洛 |
[22:24] | Look who’s talking, buster. | 你还好意思说这话 小鬼 |
[22:28] | Back when you cared about this story, | 你还在乎这篇报道的时候 |
[22:29] | you asked me to track someone down from his hometown. | 你让我去找他的同乡 |
[22:33] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[22:35] | Well, I did. | 我找了 |
[22:37] | Her name is Johanna Hoffman, from Swalmen, Holland. | 她叫乔安娜·霍夫曼 来自荷兰 斯瓦曼 |
[22:40] | Birdie! I need that story, on the double! | 柏德 我要那篇报道 赶快点 |
[22:43] | You want the truth about Noah? The real truth? | 你要知道诺亚究竟是什么人吗 |
[22:47] | Ask her. | 去问她吧 |
[22:55] | Did Lo ever follow up with this woman? | 洛去找那个女人了吗 |
[22:57] | Never said. | 她没说 |
[22:59] | But the kind of reporter she was, I can’t imagine she didn’t. | 但她那样的记者 我想绝不会不去的 |
[23:04] | And then she was dead. | 然后她就死了 |
[23:11] | Found this mystery woman, Johanna Hoffman. | 找到这位神秘的女人了 乔安娜·霍夫曼 |
[23:15] | – She still around? – Lives up in New York. | -她还健在吗 -住在纽约 |
[23:17] | And get this… relocated in July of ’45. | 而且 她45年7月搬家了 |
[23:21] | – About the same time Lo died. – Well, not about, exactly. | -差不多是洛死的时候 -不是差不多 就是 |
[23:24] | Closed her bank account July 17th. | 她7月17日关闭了自己的银行账户 |
[23:26] | Paper trail in Philly goes cold after that. | 费城的文件记录只记载到那天 |
[23:28] | So Johanna disappears and Lo winds up dead, same day. | 乔安娜失踪 洛死了 都在一天 |
[23:32] | Lo must’ve gone to find her. Something went bad. | 洛肯定去找她了 出了很大的问题 |
[23:35] | Looks like someone’s heading to New York. | 看来有人得去趟纽约了 |
[23:39] | There’s a big poker game at my brother’s tonight, so… | 我弟弟家今晚有场扑克 所以… |
[23:43] | It’s Wednesday. Veronica’s ballet class. | 今天周三 薇络妮卡有芭蕾课 |
[23:45] | Don’t look at me; I’m planted. | 别看我 我栽在这里了 |
[23:48] | Guess that leaves me. | 看来得我去了 |
[23:51] | On my way, boss | 这就去 老大 |
[23:57] | You’re covering those phones like a champ, Will. | 你电话接听干得不错 威尔 |
[24:01] | Yeah. 61 years old, getting punished like a schoolboy. | 是啊 都61了 像小学生一样受罚 |
[24:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[24:07] | Yeah. Maybe time to go out. | 是啊 或许我该退休了 |
[24:11] | – Maybe. – No reason to keep it up. | -或许 -没理由继续下去了 |
[24:15] | Deal with crummy people who lie to you all day. | 每天应付对你撒谎的人渣 |
[24:18] | Dog’s life. | 真不是生活 |
[24:19] | – Most guys are out by 50. – Yeah. | -大部分人50就退休了 -是啊 |
[24:23] | – I tried taking a vacation once. – Yeah? | -我去度过一次假 -是吗 |
[24:27] | Drove to Myrtle Beach, ten hours. | 驱车10小时去美特尔海滩 |
[24:30] | Beautiful golf courses, shoreline… | 漂亮的高尔夫球场 海岸线 |
[24:33] | and I didn’t know what to do with myself. | 我却不知所措 |
[24:37] | So I drove back. | 所以我又开回来了 |
[24:39] | I can’t retire. I’d go nuts. | 我不能退休 会疯掉的 |
[24:42] | I don’t know how to not work. | 我不知道怎么不工作 |
[24:45] | I used to think I only did this job because I was good at it. | 我以前想我做这份工作是因为我做得好 |
[24:48] | But I keep doing it. | 但我还一直做了下去 |
[24:52] | I think it’s what we actually like doing, Will, | 我觉得这是我们喜欢做的事 威尔 |
[24:55] | crummy people and all. | 人渣什么的也是 |
[24:58] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[25:00] | I got to watch the phones. | 我得守着电话 |
[25:02] | You can hear them from here. | 你在里面也听得到 |
[25:18] | Happy birthday, Will. | 生日快乐 威尔 |
[25:35] | Thank you for seeing me, Johanna. | 谢谢你能见我 乔安娜 |
[25:37] | Coming all the way from Philadelphia. | 大老远从费城赶来 |
[25:39] | – It must be important. – It is. | -一定是要事 -是啊 |
[25:43] | It’s about a murder in 1945. | 是关于1945年的一起凶案 |
[25:47] | – Who was killed? – A reporter. Lorena Kinney. | -谁死了 -一个记者 洛瑞娜·靳尼 |
[25:51] | Lo Kinney was murdered? | 洛·靳尼死了 |
[25:53] | Pushed in front of a train. The same night you left Philly. | 被人推到火车前 就在你离开费城的那晚 |
[25:57] | – I never knew. – But you knew Lo? | -我都不知道 -但你认识洛 |
[26:01] | I met her… once. | 我见过她一次 |
[26:06] | – I wish I never had. – Why is that? | -真希望我没见过她 -为什么 |
[26:09] | Because… What she told me… | 因为 她告诉我了 |
[26:14] | haunted me… the rest of my life. | 一件一直困扰着我的事 |
[26:25] | I’m writing a story about someone from your hometown. | 我在写一篇报道 关于你的一位同乡 |
[26:28] | From Swalmen? Who? | 斯瓦曼的人吗 谁 |
[26:31] | Noah Pool. | 诺亚·普尔 |
[26:33] | – Noah. – You know him? | -诺亚 -你认识他 |
[26:36] | We lived on same street since childhood. | 我们从小就住在一条街上 |
[26:39] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[26:41] | His sisters and I, we played every day. Noah, too. | 我天天和他还有他的姐妹们玩 |
[26:44] | So strong. But also so gentle. | 他很坚强 但又很温柔 |
[26:50] | Yes. He is very gentle. | 是啊 他是很温柔 |
[26:54] | – Is? – I know him. | -你怎么知道 -我认识他 |
[26:56] | – He lives here in Philadelphia. – That is impossible. | -他就住在费城 -那不可能 |
[26:58] | He’ll be so pleased to know someone from Swalmen is also here. | 他要知道这里还有个同乡 一定会很高兴 |
[27:01] | Noah is dead. | 诺亚死了 |
[27:04] | What? | 什么 |
[27:06] | He was killed in Auschwitz. | 他死在了奥斯维辛集中营 |
[27:10] | You must be mistaken. | 你一定是弄错了 |
[27:13] | He survived longer than the others, painting portraits. | 因为他画画 他比别人活得都长 |
[27:17] | But when there are no more to paint… | 但后来没什么好画的了 |
[27:21] | I, uh… I have a photo of him. | 我有一张他的照片 |
[27:26] | This is Noah Pool. | 这就是诺亚·普尔 |
[27:32] | No. | 不 |
[27:36] | Then who? | 那这是谁 |
[27:40] | That is Anton. | 他是安东 |
[27:42] | Anton? | 安东 |
[27:45] | A guard. | 是个守卫 |
[27:49] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[27:53] | He gave me this. | 他给我纹了这个 |
[28:15] | I left Philadelphia that day. | 那天我就离开了费城 |
[28:18] | Knowing he was there, I’ve never been back. | 知道他也在那里 我就再也没回去 |
[28:22] | So Lo was in love with a Nazi. | 那么说洛是爱上了一个纳粹 |
[28:34] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[28:37] | So we’re looking for your uncle. | 我们在找你叔叔 |
[28:39] | – Must be at his studio. – No. | -他肯定在工作室 -不 |
[28:41] | – He cleared out. – Where would he go? | -他走了 -他会去哪里呢 |
[28:44] | That’s what I need to know. | 这正是我想知道的 |
[28:50] | The man you thought was your Uncle Noah, | 你以为是你叔叔诺亚的人 |
[28:53] | – he’s someone else. – What do you mean? | -他是别人 -什么意思 |
[28:57] | His real name’s Anton Bikker. | 他的真名叫安东·比克 |
[28:58] | And he collaborated with the Germans. | 他为德国人卖命 |
[29:01] | What do you think you’re saying to me? | 你在胡说些什么 |
[29:03] | I know how you feel about him, and how he helped bring you up. | 我知道你对他的感情 也知道他帮忙把你带大 |
[29:05] | – That’s right! – But people can lie, David. | -没错 -但人是会撒谎的 大卫 |
[29:10] | Trick you. And be real good at it. | 会骗你 而且装得很像 |
[29:12] | – I’ve known him my whole life. – He’s been lying that long. | -我都认识他一辈子了 -他一直在撒谎 |
[29:14] | Now he’s running, and we got to find him. | 现在他跑了 我们得找到他 |
[29:16] | It can’t be true. | 这不会是真的 |
[29:18] | Noah played with me, taught me things. | 诺亚跟我玩 教我东西 |
[29:20] | Took me to the movies. | 带我去看电影 |
[29:25] | The real Noah died in a camp where Anton was a guard. | 真正的诺亚死在安东做守卫的集中营里 |
[29:34] | We, uh… | 我们 |
[29:38] | We found a woman who knew them both. | 我们找到了一个认识他们两人的女人 |
[29:43] | 60 years later… maybe a mistake. | 都60年了 或许搞错了 |
[29:49] | Can’t see making a mistake about that. | 这事怕是没弄错 |
[29:52] | Can you? | 你说呢 |
[29:58] | Johanna Hoffman told Lo the truth. | 乔安娜·霍夫曼告诉了洛真相 |
[30:01] | Johanna Hoffman? | 乔安娜·霍夫曼 |
[30:03] | You know the name? | 你听过这个名字吗 |
[30:06] | From the last time I saw Lo. | 我最后见到洛的时候听到的 |
[30:14] | You were going to meet us in the park. | 我们不是要在公园碰面吗 |
[30:16] | Ah… Oh, my, you’re absolutely right. | 天呐 可不是嘛 |
[30:19] | Where’s my head? I… I lost track of time…silly me. | 我真是的 我忘了时间 我真傻 |
[30:22] | Uncle Noah said cotton candy is your favorite. | 诺亚叔叔说你最喜欢棉花糖了 |
[30:25] | It is. | 是的 |
[30:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:34] | What are you working on that you forget us? | 你在忙什么啊 把我们都忘了 |
[30:36] | Ah. Just my column. | 就是我的专栏 |
[30:38] | More questions about recipes? | 又是关于食谱的问题吗 |
[30:41] | No. No, not today. | 不 今天没有 |
[30:46] | Lo. | 洛 |
[30:49] | What is wrong? | 怎么了 |
[30:51] | This one’s hard. | 这一篇报道很不好写 |
[30:54] | Why? What is it about? | 为什么 是关于什么的 |
[30:56] | A woman… who thought she was in love. | 一个女人 她以为自己爱上了一个人 |
[30:59] | But the man she fell for wasn’t who she thought he was. | 但她爱上的男人却不是她想象中的那样 |
[31:01] | If she loves him… | 如果她爱他 |
[31:04] | maybe who he is is okay. | 或许他的身份也无所谓 |
[31:08] | No, this fella is smart and handsome and kind. | 不 这个人聪明 帅气 和善 |
[31:12] | And for a while, she thought he hung the moon. | 有一阵 她觉得他棒极了 |
[31:14] | – Did he hurt her? – Not her. | -他伤害她了吗 -没伤害她 |
[31:16] | Then what is the problem? | 那问题在哪呢 |
[31:19] | If there is love between two people, | 如果两人相爱 |
[31:23] | nothing else matters. | 其他都不重要了 |
[31:25] | The problem is things he’s done in the past. | 问题在于他以前做的事 |
[31:27] | How can she believe them | 如果她觉得他棒极了 |
[31:30] | if for her, he hangs the moon? | 她又为什么要相信那些传言呢 |
[31:40] | Miss Kinney, you have that letter? | 靳尼小姐 信写好了吗 |
[31:42] | Oh, yes, yes. | 是的 |
[31:45] | Here. | 在这里 |
[31:50] | Going to a Miss Johanna Hoffman on Pine? | 给松树街的乔安娜·霍夫曼小姐吗 |
[31:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:09] | So Lo didn’t receive that note, she wrote it to Johanna. | 这么说字条不是写给洛的 是她写给乔安娜的 |
[32:13] | Sent it the day she died. | 她死的那天寄出去的 |
[32:15] | But Johanna had left Philly for good, so it went back to Lo. | 但乔安娜离开了费城 所以字条又退了回去 |
[32:20] | Did your, um… uncle see this letter? | 你叔叔看到了这张字条吗 |
[32:27] | No. | 没有 |
[32:30] | But I told him what is said. | 但我告诉了他上面写了什么 |
[32:36] | Anton stood by while your real uncle was killed, | 你真正的叔叔被杀时 安东袖手旁观 |
[32:41] | and when Lo Kinney found out about his lies, | 而洛·靳尼发现了他的谎言时 |
[32:44] | he killed her, too. | 他又杀了她 |
[32:46] | I always wondered why he stopped talking about her. | 我一直不明白他后来怎么再不提她了 |
[32:51] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[32:55] | Tell us, for Noah. | 告诉我们 为了诺亚 |
[33:07] | Anton. | 安东 |
[33:10] | Anton Bikker. | 安东·比克 |
[33:13] | Where you going, Anton? | 你要去哪里 安东 |
[33:16] | Why do you call me that? | 你为什么那么喊我 |
[33:17] | Where do you think you can run to now? | 你以为你现在还能往哪跑 |
[33:19] | My name is Noah Pool. | 我名叫诺亚·普尔 |
[33:21] | Noah Pool is dead. | 诺亚·普尔死了 |
[33:22] | Talk to David, my nephew. He’ll tell you. | 去问我侄子大卫 他会告诉你的 |
[33:25] | We did talk to him. | 我们跟他谈过了 |
[33:26] | Told him how you took his uncle’s name | 告诉他你夺走了他叔叔的身份 |
[33:28] | to hide what you did during the war. | 以隐瞒你在战争中的罪行 |
[33:30] | – Oh, he wouldn’t believe that. – How do you think we found you? | -他不会相信的 -你以为我们怎么找到你的 |
[33:34] | He was disgusted by you, just like Lo. | 他对你感到恶心 就像洛一样 |
[33:37] | – Lo saw who I was and loved me. – No. | -洛知道我是什么人 还依然爱我 -不 |
[33:42] | When she knew the truth, she gave up on you. | 她知道真相后 放弃了你 |
[33:45] | – No, she was confused! – Heartbroken. | -不 她那是一时糊涂 -是心碎 |
[33:50] | But she was going to do the right thing. | 但她打算做正确的事 |
[33:52] | Expose you. | 曝光你的事 |
[33:53] | “This will not stand.” | “这事不可容忍” |
[33:58] | I am better than the worst thing I ever did. | 我做的最恶劣的事并不能代表我的为人 |
[34:03] | I have to be able to go on now, to live. I… | 我必须得继续生活 |
[34:15] | That’s asking too much. | 那是不行的 |
[34:18] | She knew me! She should have been able to understand. | 她了解我 她应该能理解的 |
[34:21] | What you did, no one can understand. | 你做的事 没人能理解 |
[34:27] | If she had let herself love me… | 如果她允许自己爱我 |
[34:32] | it all would have been okay. | 那就相安无事了 |
[35:02] | You were expecting Johanna. Why? | 你在等乔安娜吗 找她干什么 |
[35:07] | I wanted to show her a story I wrote. | 我要给她看我写的报道 |
[35:10] | A story? A story about what? | 报道 什么报道 |
[35:13] | A Nazi… who pretended to be a Jew. | 一个纳粹分子 伪装成犹太人 |
[35:18] | Did you know that when the camps were finally liberated, | 你知道集中营最终被解放的时候 |
[35:20] | soldiers pushed empty baby carriages out the front gate… | 士兵们从前门推出空的婴儿车 |
[35:23] | five at a time? | 一次推出来五辆 |
[35:25] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要跟我说这些 |
[35:27] | People watching said it took an hour for them all to pass by. | 看到的人说他们花了几小时才都推出来 |
[35:30] | And you believe this woman more than you believe me? | 你对这个女人的信任超过对我的信任吗 |
[35:32] | Tell me your name. | 告诉我你叫什么 |
[35:35] | Don’t play games, Lo. | 别闹了 洛 |
[35:37] | Tell me your name. | 告诉我你叫什么 |
[35:42] | Johanna saw the photo, | 乔安娜看到照片了 |
[35:45] | the one we took together in the park. How could you? | 就是我们在公园的合照 你怎么能这样 |
[35:49] | I am not a monster. | 我不是个坏人 |
[35:51] | Did you kill Noah Pool or just watch him die? | 你杀了诺亚·普尔还是只是看着他死去 |
[35:53] | I watched him paint. Hour upon hour, | 我看着他画画 一小时又一小时 |
[35:57] | just the two of us, | 只有我们两个人 |
[35:59] | talking about his family in America, | 他谈及他在美国的家人 |
[36:03] | about a nephew David… | 他侄子大卫 |
[36:06] | how he wanted to meet them on day, | 他希望有一天能见到他们 |
[36:08] | and poetry and music and art. | 还有诗歌 音乐和艺术 |
[36:12] | And in those hours, I saw. | 在那段时间里 我明白了 |
[36:15] | Saw? | 明白什么 |
[36:18] | He was a man. | 他是个男子汉 |
[36:21] | Better than I. Forgive me. | 比我好很多 原谅我 |
[36:28] | – No one can forgive you. – You can. | -没人能原谅你 -你能 |
[36:31] | Because you loved me. With you, I was free. | 因为你爱我 跟你在一起 我感到自由 |
[36:34] | – You’re wrong. – That day in the park, you understood | -你错了 -那天在公园 你能理解我 |
[36:37] | No, I didn’t. Now let me go. | 不 我不 放手 |
[36:39] | You know me! Better than anyone! | 你了解我 你比任何人都了解我 |
[36:41] | Noah Pool is dead, and everything I know is a lie! | 诺亚·普尔死了 我所知道的一切都是谎言 |
[36:43] | How we feel about each other… that is not a lie! | 我们对彼此的感情 那不是谎言 |
[36:47] | I love you! And I know you love me! | 我爱你 我知道你也爱我 |
[36:49] | No, Anton, no! I loved Noah. | 不 安东 不 我爱的是诺亚 |
[37:12] | 歌曲:”It Could Happen to You” 歌手:Jo Stafford | |
[38:41] | 洛瑞娜·靳尼 已结案 | |
[39:06] | 费城战犯 作者 洛瑞娜·靳尼 |