时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:26] | That’s it, Andi! That’s a winner! | 棒极了 安蒂 打得好 |
[00:31] | Match point. | 赛点 |
[00:34] | I need a sec. | 我要休息一下 |
[00:38] | Be right here. | 我等着 |
[00:49] | That’s my sister. | 那是我姐姐 |
[00:51] | I know. Everyone knows. | 我知道 大家都知道 |
[00:52] | Close it out, Andi. One more, | 来个绝杀 安蒂 再来一球 |
[00:54] | and you’re on the map with Billie Jean. | 你就会像比莉·珍那样名声大噪 |
[00:56] | And Fritz goes the way of Bobby. | 弗利兹就会是鲍比那个下场了 |
[01:12] | Run around it! | 跑起来 |
[01:21] | Put it away! | 加油 |
[01:25] | Yes! Attagirl! | 好样的 |
[01:28] | Yes, yes, yes! | 太棒了 |
[01:43] | Nice match. | 打得漂亮 |
[01:45] | You’ve come a long way, baby. | 你进步很大啊 |
[01:47] | Enjoy your moment, superstar. | 尽情享受吧 大明星 |
[02:38] | 73年10月 安蒂·西蒙斯 | |
[02:48] | My sister was a great tennis player. | 我姐姐是个很棒的网球运动员 |
[02:51] | Born with a racket, as they say. | 他们说她是拿着球拍降生的 |
[02:53] | She played for Penn university? | 她为宾夕法尼亚大学打球吗 |
[02:55] | Number one varsity, her first year. | 校队第一 她还是新生呢 |
[02:57] | Sounds like a star. | 看来她是个明星啊 |
[02:59] | My dad said given another year or two, | 我爸说如果她没死 过一两年 |
[03:00] | she would have gone to Wimbledon. | 她能去温布尔顿打球的 |
[03:02] | But then she was murdered. | 但她被杀了 |
[03:04] | Remember Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs? | 记得比莉·珍·金和鲍比·里格斯吗 |
[03:07] | Battle of the sexes. We won. | 男女对战 我们赢了 |
[03:10] | Few weeks later, | 几周后 |
[03:10] | Penn U had its own version of that match, for a fund-raiser. | 宾州大学也为筹款举办了自己的男女对战 |
[03:13] | Andi for the ladies? | 安蒂是女队代表吗 |
[03:14] | And like Billie Jean, she won. | 就像比莉·珍 她赢了 |
[03:16] | The next morning, she was found dead. | 第二天早上她就死了 |
[03:18] | Strangled, in her room. | 她被掐死在她屋里 |
[03:21] | Cops look at the guy she beat? | 警察调查过被她打败的人吗 |
[03:23] | For quite a while. | 调查了好一阵 |
[03:24] | Nothing stuck? | 没找到关键证据吗 |
[03:27] | Then her case just kind of stalled. | 然后她的案子就被搁置了 |
[03:30] | It’s been a dark cloud hanging over us 33 years. | 成了笼罩我们33年的阴云 |
[03:33] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[03:35] | What brings you in now, Emily? | 你现在为什么来找我们 艾米丽 |
[03:37] | My dad’s moving to Florida. | 我爸要搬去福罗里达 |
[03:38] | I’ve been cleaning out his house. | 我在清理他的房子 |
[03:40] | I found a bunch of Andi’s old tennis stuff, including this. | 我找到了一堆安蒂以前的网球用具 包括这个 |
[03:43] | Is that a towel? | 这是毛巾吗 |
[03:45] | The one she used the night of the match. | 是她比赛那晚用的 |
[03:46] | It was still in her bag. I got sick after I handled it. | 还放在她包里 我拿过毛巾后生病了 |
[03:49] | Poison control found traces of sodium nitrate. | 毒物控制中心检测到了硝酸钠 |
[03:52] | It’s, uh, lethal in high doses. | 高剂量能致命 |
[03:54] | Someone really wanted to hurt Andi. | 看来有人很想伤害安蒂 |
[03:56] | I don’t want to be a bother, | 我不想给你们添麻烦 |
[03:58] | but I thought maybe it was related to her murder. | 但我觉得这跟她的案子可能有关 |
[04:01] | Could have been the doer’s first attempt. | 或许是凶手的第一次尝试 |
[04:04] | So find out who dosed this towel… | 如果查到是谁给毛巾涂了毒 |
[04:07] | Maybe we find the person who brought down a rising star. | 或许就能查到是谁害死了这颗明日之星 |
[04:53] | – What’d you do this time? – Nothing. | -你这次又怎么了 -没怎么 |
[04:56] | Ah, I missed dinner. Big deal, right? | 我错过了晚饭 算什么事啊 |
[04:59] | Because of work, or because you were at the bar? | 是工作晚了 还是去泡吧了 |
[05:03] | Ran into a guy I know. I buy one, he buys one, we talk. | 我遇见个朋友 我请一杯 他请一杯 聊了起来 |
[05:06] | Next thing I know, it’s 2:30. | 一下就聊到2点30 |
[05:09] | Julie wait up? | 朱莉等你了吗 |
[05:10] | In that creepy rocking chair I hate. | 坐在那个我讨厌的摇椅里 |
[05:12] | You gotta do something about this. | 你得改改了 |
[05:16] | It’s a circle game. | 我们总是这样 |
[05:18] | It’ll work out. | 到头来就没事了 |
[05:20] | So where are we going? | 我们去哪里 |
[05:21] | Victim’s family. | 拜访死者家属 |
[05:23] | Coed strangled after a battle of the sexes tennis match. | 男女网球对战之后 女选手被掐死 |
[05:28] | I need an egg sandwich for this. | 我得去吃个鸡蛋三明治才能开工 |
[05:35] | Andi Simmons, 18. | 安蒂·西蒙斯 18岁 |
[05:38] | Found strangled in her dorm room, | 被人掐死在自己的宿舍里 |
[05:39] | day after her big win. | 就在她大获全胜的第二天 |
[05:42] | No sign of forced entry. | 没有强行闯入的迹象 |
[05:43] | So she knew her attacker. Any candidates? | 所以说凶手是她认识的人 有嫌犯吗 |
[05:46] | A Fritz Adams, the guy she beat. | 弗利兹·亚当姆斯 被她击败的人 |
[05:48] | Men’s number one player, cops’ number one suspect. | 头号男选手 也是头号嫌犯 |
[05:51] | Senior guy loses to a freshman girl? | 大四男生输给大一女生 |
[05:54] | It’s kinda hard to live down. | 肯定咽不下这口气 |
[05:55] | Especially when it’s splashed all over the front page. | 尤其这事的报道还占了头版 |
[05:57] | No alibi, but they still couldn’t build a case against him. | 他没有不在场证明 但也无法对他立案 |
[06:00] | Family lawyered him up, job fizzled. | 家人给他找了律师 于是不了了之 |
[06:02] | Other lead was some hang-up phone calls Andi was getting. | 另一个线索是安蒂接到的骚扰电话 |
[06:05] | Someone calling and whispering “Superstar.” | 有人打给她 低语”超级巨星” |
[06:07] | – Could’ve been Fritz? – He never copped to it. | -会是弗利兹吗 -他没承认 |
[06:10] | Any chance this poisoned towel was a prank? | 这条毒毛巾会是恶作剧吗 |
[06:13] | The dose was practically lethal. | 毒药含量基本致命了 |
[06:15] | Where do they get the sodium nitrate? | 硝酸钠要去哪弄到啊 |
[06:17] | Chemistry building at Penn U is right next to the courts. | 宾州大学的化学楼就在赛场旁边 |
[06:21] | Well, the towel narrows it down to someone close to Andi. | 毛巾说明凶手是跟安蒂很亲近的人 |
[06:23] | With access to her gear, the night of the match. | 比赛当晚能够动她的东西 |
[06:26] | Thins out the suspect pool. | 这样嫌犯范围就缩小了 |
[06:27] | Vera and Jeffries are with the family, getting names. | 维拉和杰弗里斯去找她家人 问名字了 |
[06:30] | Well, we already know one. | 我们已经知道一个了 |
[06:33] | Fritz. | 弗利兹 |
[06:34] | Might as well start with the top guy. | 从头号嫌犯开始也好 |
[06:43] | – See you’re pulling up stakes. – Yeah. | -你要搬走了啊 -是啊 |
[06:46] | Dad’s had enough Philly winters. | 爸爸受够了费城的冬天 |
[06:47] | My sister lives in Palm beach. | 我姐姐住在棕榈滩 |
[06:49] | Be nice to live near family. | 跟家人住近一点比较好 |
[06:52] | So this towel Emily found | 艾米丽找到的毛巾 |
[06:54] | could be a new direction on Andi’s murder. | 或许能给安蒂的案子提供新方向 |
[06:55] | If my girl was poisoned, I don’t see why you missed it. | 如果我女儿中了毒 你们当初怎么没发现 |
[06:58] | – Cause of death was strangulation. – I know that. | -死因是窒息 -我知道 |
[07:00] | And standard autopsy doesn’t test for poison. | 标准尸检并不做毒检 |
[07:03] | The point is, someone had it out for Andi. | 重要的是 有人要对安蒂不利 |
[07:06] | Any ideas why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[07:07] | Envy. | 嫉妒 |
[07:09] | ‘Cause of her talent? | 因为她的天赋吗 |
[07:10] | What she had was rare. | 她天赋异禀 |
[07:12] | This was no dime a dozen kid. | 她这孩子可非同一般 |
[07:14] | Know who might have tampered with her gear that night, | 你知道那晚谁可能会动了她的东西吗 |
[07:16] | planted this towel? | 把毒毛巾给了她 |
[07:18] | Of course I do. | 当然知道 |
[07:19] | The guy you’ve been looking at for 33 years. | 就是这33年来我们认定的嫌犯 |
[07:22] | Fritz Adams. | 弗利兹·亚当姆斯 |
[07:23] | Maybe this towel finally nails the bastard. | 或许这毛巾终于能给他定罪了 |
[07:26] | ‘Cause I know for a fact he loaned her another one. | 因为我知道他曾借给她一条 |
[07:29] | When was that? | 什么时候 |
[07:30] | Week before the big match. | 比赛前一周 |
[07:33] | Saw it with my own eyes. | 我亲眼所见 |
[07:54] | Run around that, Andi. | 跑起来 安蒂 |
[08:00] | I would’ve had it, but I broke a string. | 我本来能打到的 但是弦断了 |
[08:12] | You sweat a lot for a girl. | 你一个女孩子 汗流得倒不少 |
[08:13] | Borg sweats a lot. | 博格也流很多汗 |
[08:15] | Is that what the headband’s about? | 所以你才戴这根头带吗 |
[08:16] | Okay, you got your racket. Get back out there, kiddo. | 你拿到球拍了 回去吧 |
[08:20] | You know, most people, when they go away to college, | 大部分人 他们上大学的时候 |
[08:22] | bring their stereo, not their dad. | 会带上音响 不是老爸 |
[08:24] | Your serve. | 你发球 |
[08:40] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[08:42] | Screw this! Screw this match! | 去你的 去这场比赛 |
[08:45] | – Fritz…calm down. – This is rigged, lose-lose. | -弗利兹 冷静点 -这比赛对谁都没好处 |
[08:48] | – What’s your problem? – I’m screwed, that’s my problem. | -你这是怎么了 -我完了 |
[08:50] | I never should’ve agreed to this thing. | 我就不该答应 |
[08:51] | It doesn’t help me if I win. | 我赢了对我也没好处 |
[08:53] | I’m supposed to win, you’re a girl. | 你是个女孩 我本来就该赢 |
[08:55] | Thanks a lot. | 谢谢了 |
[08:56] | But if I lose, I’m over. | 但我要是输了 我就完了 |
[08:59] | So win. | 那就赢呗 |
[09:07] | Fritz made a big show of | 安蒂拿下比赛之后 |
[09:09] | laughing it off when Andi won the big match, | 弗利兹装得像没事人一样 一笑而过 |
[09:12] | but I’d seen his true colors. | 但我见识过他本质 |
[09:14] | All his fears come true? | 他的担心成真了吗 |
[09:16] | He tanked the season. | 他那一赛季都毁了 |
[09:18] | Never even tried the pros. | 都没去尝试做职业球员 |
[09:20] | Did you see him with Andi after the match at all? | 赛后你看到他跟安蒂在一起了吗 |
[09:24] | Last time we saw her was out on court one after her win. | 我们最后见到她 是在一号球场 她赢了之后 |
[09:27] | Surrounded by people toasting her. | 周围都是来恭喜她的人 |
[09:30] | Right, Em? | 是吧 艾米 |
[09:33] | It’s how I always remember her. | 我记忆中她一直是那个样子 |
[09:36] | Nothing’s been right since. | 那之后一切都变了 |
[09:39] | Lost the brightest light in my life. | 我失去了我人生中最明亮的光芒 |
[09:52] | Fritz Adams? | 弗利兹·亚当姆斯 |
[09:54] | Hi, there. Here for the ladies’ clinic? | 你们好 二位是来学球的吗 |
[09:57] | Do we look like we’re here for the ladies’ clinic? | 你觉得我们像吗 |
[09:59] | – What then? – Detective Rush, Miller. | -那是什么事 -拉什 米勒探员 |
[10:03] | It’s about Andi Simmons. | 我们为安蒂·西蒙斯而来 |
[10:07] | I’ve been down this road way too many times. | 这一套我经历了太多次了 |
[10:10] | The towel turned up, Fritz. | 我们找到毛巾了 弗利兹 |
[10:13] | That supposed to mean something to me? | 那是什么意思 |
[10:14] | You tell us. | 你说呢 |
[10:17] | I give up. | 还是你们说吧 |
[10:18] | The towel Andi used at your match, was laced with sodium nitrate. | 你们比赛时安蒂用的毛巾 被人涂了硝酸钠 |
[10:22] | Sodium what? | 硝酸什么 |
[10:23] | Ladies, I’m a jock. I don’t do chemicals. | 女士们 我是个运动员 不懂化学 |
[10:25] | Well, maybe fear of getting whipped by a girl | 或许你害怕被女孩打败 |
[10:27] | got you to crack a book. | 所以去翻书了 |
[10:29] | I lost a match. That’s no reason to kill someone. | 我输了场比赛罢了 没必要杀人 |
[10:32] | Unless your temper got the best of you. | 或许你的脾气上来了 |
[10:34] | We hear you had a real meltdown with Andi at a practice match. | 我们听说你在练习赛上对安蒂发了大火 |
[10:38] | You ever see John Mcenroe chuck a racket? | 见过约翰·麦肯罗[网坛传奇]扔拍吗 |
[10:40] | That’s just tennis. | 网球就这样 |
[10:41] | But after she beat you, you lost any chance of going pro. | 但她击败你之后 你失去了做职业选手的机会 |
[10:45] | I had a one-time problem with Andi. | 我跟安蒂就那一次的矛盾 |
[10:47] | That was nothing compared with the girls she was with day to day. | 跟每天跟她相处的女孩相比简直不算什么 |
[10:50] | Her teammates? | 她队友吗 |
[10:51] | Talk about a bunch of hens with ruffled feathers. | 那才是一群愤愤不平的女孩呢 |
[10:54] | Who was the most ruffled? | 最不平的是谁 |
[10:58] | Grace Andersen. | 格蕾丝·安德森 |
[11:00] | – The team captain? – And my girlfriend at the time. | -球队队长 -也是我当时的女友 |
[11:06] | She have something against skirts? | 她对网球裙有意见吗 |
[11:08] | Let’s just say she’s more Billie Jean than Chrissie. | 她更有比莉·珍的风范而不像克丽希 |
[11:12] | – She’s been in the paper like three times this week. – Four. | -她这周都上三次报纸了 -四次 |
[11:16] | Oh! Thanks for joining us. | 多谢前来啊 |
[11:17] | Am I late? I’m sorry. | 我迟到了吗 抱歉 |
[11:19] | – We have a challenge match. – I know. | -我们要打邀请赛啊 -我知道 |
[11:21] | It was supposed to start 10 minutes ago. | 而且10分钟前就该开始了 |
[11:24] | I was doing an interview. | 我在做采访 |
[11:26] | We all know you’re a big superstar, Andi, | 我们都知道你是个超级巨星 安蒂 |
[11:29] | but tennis should come first. | 但是网球才是第一位的 |
[11:30] | You’re right. This guy just kept talking. | 你说得对 但那家伙问个不停 |
[11:31] | Tell him you have practice and that being late is frowned upon. | 那就告诉他你要训练 不该迟到 |
[11:34] | I will. Promise. | 下次一定 我保证 |
[11:36] | Look, why don’t you take a game for every minute I’m late? | 这样吧 我输了几分钟 就算你胜几球 |
[11:39] | Oh, right. | 得了吧 |
[11:41] | No, I mean it. I deserve it. | 不 我认真的 我该受罚 |
[11:43] | It’s 6-0, 4-0 yours. Two games away from winning. | 6比0 4比0 两球你就胜了 |
[11:46] | And you can serve. | 你来发球 |
[11:54] | Andi still won? | 安蒂还是赢了吗 |
[11:56] | 0-6, 6-4, 6-0. | 0比6 6比4 6比0 |
[11:59] | Grace didn’t take a game? | 格蕾丝一局都没胜吗 |
[12:01] | She was a good captain, didn’t vent in public. | 她是个好队长 没当众发火 |
[12:04] | But behind closed doors? | 但私下里呢 |
[12:05] | She had a lot of bad nights. Andi was making her crazy. | 她很多晚上气得要死 安蒂要把她逼疯了 |
[12:09] | Think she could have poisoned this towel? | 你觉得她可能给毛巾下毒吗 |
[12:12] | Grace was a grind on the court and off. | 格蕾丝场上场下都是个刻苦的人 |
[12:15] | Doesn’t sound like an answer to me. | 你没回答我的问题 |
[12:18] | She was a chem major. | 她是化学系的 |
[12:19] | Spent half her time in the lab, and the other half on the courts. | 一半时间泡在实验室 另一半在场上 |
[12:23] | – Giving her means, motive… – And opportunity. | -这样她有手段 动机 -和机会 |
[12:33] | So Andi’s a phenom, | 安蒂所向披靡 |
[12:36] | Grace is a grinder. | 格蕾丝则是个用功派 |
[12:37] | And they hate each other. | 而她们互看不顺眼 |
[12:38] | Like Mozart and that other guy. | 就像莫扎特和另一个家伙 |
[12:41] | Exactly. Saw it when I played college ball. | 没错 我大学打球的时候就见识过 |
[12:43] | No one hates god-given talent like a second-stringer. | 替补球员最恨天才球员了 |
[12:46] | Excuse me. You’re Will, right? | 请问 你是威尔吧 |
[12:50] | Yes. | 对 |
[12:51] | I’m Julie, Nick Vera’s wife. | 我是朱莉 尼克·维拉的妻子 |
[12:55] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:57] | Uh, this is John Stillman, Scotty Valens. | 这是约翰·斯蒂尔曼 史考特·瓦伦斯 |
[12:59] | – Nice to meet you. – Same here. | -见到你很高兴 -我也是 |
[13:01] | Nicky says nice things. | 尼克说过你们不少好话 |
[13:03] | Um, he’s out on the street, have a seat. I’ll call him. | 他在外面执行任务 坐吧 我打给他 |
[13:06] | We got some god-awful coffee. | 我们有超级难喝的咖啡 |
[13:09] | No, that’s okay. | 不 不用了 |
[13:11] | Could you just give him this? | 能帮我把这个给他吗 |
[13:13] | Uh, sure. | 当然 |
[13:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:17] | – Nice seeing you again. – Yeah. | -见到你们很高兴 -嗯 |
[13:20] | Bye. | 再见 |
[13:25] | Way to go. | 真厉害啊 |
[13:28] | Crap. I met her once, four years ago. | 该死 我四年前见过她一次 |
[13:30] | That’ll help his cause, trying to get out of the woodshed. | 这下他能戒酒了吧 |
[13:34] | I didn’t know things were so bad. | 我不知道到了这种地步 |
[13:36] | Well, he didn’t seem worried yesterday. | 他昨天似乎还并不担心 |
[13:39] | But this ain’t a good sign. | 但这绝不是好兆头 |
[13:46] | Met your old boyfriend, Grace. | 我们见到你以前的男友了 格蕾丝 |
[13:49] | Fritz Adams? | 弗利兹·亚当姆斯 |
[13:50] | Oh, really? Is he bald and fat? | 是吗 他变秃变胖了吗 |
[13:52] | I take it you’re not in touch. | 看来你们没怎么联络 |
[13:54] | Uh, things didn’t end well with us. | 我们之间结束得不太愉快 |
[13:56] | He said you had a little problem with Andi Simmons. | 他说你跟安蒂·西蒙斯之间有点问题 |
[13:59] | Oh, I wouldn’t call it little. | 可不是有一点 |
[14:00] | A lot of fur flying between you two? | 你们矛盾很大吗 |
[14:02] | I was number one for three years, and then Andi takes it away. | 三年来我一直是第一 然后被安蒂夺走了 |
[14:06] | For a high-strung, type-A bulimic like me? Big problem. | 对我这种高度敏感又亢进的人而言 问题就大了 |
[14:09] | – You work all that out? – Yes, thanks. | -你这些情绪都排解了吗 -是的 多谢关心 |
[14:12] | So when Andi and Fritz played in the battle of the sexes, | 那安蒂和弗利兹打男女对战时 |
[14:16] | who were you rooting for? | 你向着哪边 |
[14:18] | Oh, I was Switzerland, neutral. | 我是瑞士 中立 |
[14:19] | I know if I’m choosing between my boyfriend and a girl I despise, | 如果要在我男友和我讨厌的女生中选一个 |
[14:23] | I’m going with the guy. | 我肯定选我男友 |
[14:25] | Maybe that’s where the towel comes in. | 或许你就为这个用了毛巾 |
[14:28] | Andi’s towel was laced with sodium nitrate. | 安蒂的毛巾上有硝酸钠 |
[14:32] | And I’m Marie Curie? | 而我正好是居里夫人 |
[14:33] | Crossed our mind. | 我们想到过 |
[14:35] | I had a lot of things to work through back then, | 我当时的确有很多问题要面对 |
[14:37] | – aforementioned emotional issues. – But? | -比如刚刚提到的情绪问题 -但是 |
[14:40] | I was in a study group the night she was killed, for one thing, | 首先 她被杀那晚 我在学习 |
[14:43] | with three other people. | 跟其他三个人一起 |
[14:44] | We’ll need those names. | 你得把他们的名字告诉我们 |
[14:45] | And more importantly, Andi’s win actually meant something to me. | 更重要的是 安蒂的胜利我是很看重的 |
[14:49] | – Women’s lib, you know. – Oh, boy. | -女性解放什么的 -天呐 |
[14:52] | Was Andi a big activist? | 安蒂很激进吗 |
[14:54] | No. And that was a problem. | 不 那是个大问题 |
[15:10] | You look great, you know. | 你很漂亮 |
[15:11] | You don’t have to do that. | 你不用那么做 |
[15:16] | MYOB, okay? | 别管闲事 好吗 |
[15:25] | “I don’t really have an opinion about Title IX. | “我并不在意《教育法修正案第九条》 |
[15:25] | 其中规定:在美国 任何人都不得因其性别被排除在接受联邦资助的 任何教育或活动计划之外 | |
[15:27] | – I just want to play tennis.” – What? | -我只想打网球” -怎么了 |
[15:31] | – Tell me you were misquoted. – Um, no. | -告诉我是他写错了吧 -没有 |
[15:34] | Title IX protects women athletes. | 《第九条》保护女性运动员 |
[15:37] | I just think of myself as an athlete. | 我把自己当成一名运动员 不去想性别差异 |
[15:40] | Leave your little backyard, kid. | 目光别那么狭隘 孩子 |
[15:42] | There’s a revolution going on. | 现在正有一场革命呢 |
[15:45] | Ever wonder why we have to use | 你有没有想过我们为什么 |
[15:46] | the chem building bathroom to change for practice? | 要用化学楼的洗手间换衣服吗 |
[15:48] | I guess I never thought about it. | 我没细想过 |
[15:50] | The guys have a locker room. | 男选手有更衣室 |
[15:51] | According to Fritz, it’s beautiful. | 而且弗利兹说很气派 |
[15:54] | Title IX gets us a locker room, | 《第九条》能给我们更衣室 |
[15:56] | a van, decent budget, same as the guys. | 车 合适的预算 跟男选手平等 |
[15:59] | I care about tennis, not politics. | 我只在乎网球 不在乎政治 |
[16:02] | Hey, Bambi, wake up! This is our moment. | 小鹿 醒醒吧 这是我们的契机 |
[16:06] | You’re our golden girl. | 你是我们的金童 |
[16:08] | And I’m not gonna let you blow it. | 我不能让你毁了这一切 |
[16:15] | Sounds like the coach was a dragon lady. | 听上去教练很可怕啊 |
[16:18] | Breathing fire all over Andi. | 对安蒂喷火呢 |
[16:19] | Lot of sore points between them? | 他们之间有很多矛盾吗 |
[16:21] | Biggest one was Andi’s dad wanted Susan fired, | 最大的问题是安蒂的爸爸想炒掉苏珊 |
[16:24] | not that it happened. | 虽然没成 |
[16:25] | Because Andi died first. | 因为安蒂死了 |
[16:28] | I guess that’s true. | 我想是这样吧 |
[16:30] | You think Susan could’ve harmed her? | 你觉得苏珊会伤害她吗 |
[16:33] | She was radical. | 她挺激进的 |
[16:34] | Believed in making change by any means necessary. | 相信用任何必要手段造成改变 |
[16:39] | I ain’t doing that interview. | 我可不去跟她谈 |
[16:45] | You remember the battle of the sexes match in ’73? | 你记得73年的男女对战吗 |
[16:49] | Court one, | 一号球场 |
[16:50] | Andi Simmons brought Fritz Adams to his knees. | 安蒂·西蒙斯把弗利兹·亚当姆斯打得落花流水 |
[16:53] | That was a great day. I enjoyed it. | 那天真好 我很开心 |
[16:55] | Good for the cause. | 对女性运动也很好 |
[16:56] | Knocked the bastards down a peg. | 给了那些混蛋一个下马威 |
[16:59] | Fair to say you take a pretty extreme view on politics? | 可以说你的政治观点很极端吧 |
[17:02] | Have to. | 必须的 |
[17:03] | No one gives you an inch without a fight. | 不努力抗争 没人会让着你 |
[17:06] | And now, you’ve climbed all the way up to athletic director. | 现在你一路爬到了体育部主任 |
[17:12] | Say what you mean. | 要说什么直说 |
[17:14] | If Andi was getting in the way of your agenda… | 如果安蒂成了你的障碍 |
[17:16] | She was good for my agenda. She just needed enlightenment. | 她对我有益无害 她只是需要点开导 |
[17:20] | We also heard her dad wanted you fired. | 我们听说她爸爸还想炒掉你 |
[17:22] | ‘Cause he didn’t want to stop coaching her. | 那是因为他想继续指导她 |
[17:24] | But after Andi died, you kept your job. | 但安蒂一死 你也保住了工作 |
[17:28] | I hear you. | 我明白 |
[17:30] | So? | 所以呢 |
[17:31] | Bill was a tennis dad, overreaching pain in the ass. | 比尔是个网球老爸 管得太宽的讨厌鬼 |
[17:34] | We tussled over Andi. | 我们为安蒂的事有矛盾 |
[17:36] | Both wanted your piece of her. | 你们都想管着她 |
[17:37] | ‘Cause she was so special. | 因为她很特别 |
[17:39] | But we came together when we ran into a real enemy. | 但遇到真正的敌人时 我们团结一致 |
[17:47] | Run around, run around. Nice! | 跑起来 跑起来 很棒 |
[17:50] | And put it away! | 加油 |
[17:56] | We just had a three hour practice, Bill. | 都练习三小时了 比尔 |
[17:58] | – Don’t start. – She’s my player. | -少来 -她是我的运动员 |
[18:01] | Who put a racket in her hands when she was four years old? | 她四岁时 是谁让她拿起了球拍 |
[18:03] | Was that you, Susan, or was that me? | 是你吗 苏珊 还是我 |
[18:05] | So this is the superstar they’re all talking about. | 这就是大家在谈论的超级巨星啊 |
[18:08] | Arnold Brown, athletic director. | 阿诺德·布朗 体育部主任 |
[18:09] | Oh, hey, hello, good to meet you. | 你好 见到你很高兴 |
[18:12] | Bill and Andi Simmons. | 比尔和安蒂·西蒙斯 |
[18:14] | They say you’re the next Billie Jean King. | 他们说你是下一个比莉·珍·金 |
[18:16] | I’d like to be. | 希望是吧 |
[18:17] | And I hear there’s a battle of the sexes match scheduled? | 听说你们要打一场男女对战 |
[18:21] | Fritz Adams and I are playing, number one against number one. | 弗利兹·亚当姆斯和我 头号对头号 |
[18:25] | Sounds like something you dreamed up, Susan. | 听上去是你想的主意 苏珊 |
[18:27] | Just trying to raise money, since we’ve got such a crap budget. | 只是想筹钱罢了 我们的预算太少了 |
[18:31] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[18:32] | The trolls at the women’s center put you up to this. | 妇女中心的那些恶女让你这么干的吧 |
[18:35] | No. I want to play. I want to win. | 不 我想比 我想赢 |
[18:39] | Well, that certainly would be interesting, uh… | 那样倒是很有意思 |
[18:43] | but problematic, too. | 但是也会造成问题 |
[18:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:48] | These are complicated times, Andi. | 现在情势复杂 安蒂 |
[18:50] | A lot of demands being made. | 人们提出了很多要求 |
[18:51] | I’m just going out there to play. It’s not complicated for me. | 我只想打比赛 对我来说并不复杂 |
[18:55] | Still, this Title IX business is a slippery slope. | 这《第九条》的事会愈演愈烈 |
[18:59] | We don’t want to embarrass the university, | 我们不想让大学为难 |
[19:00] | and we have an obligation to men’s athletics. | 而且我们对男运动员有义务 |
[19:03] | Embarrass? This kid is dynamite. | 为难 这孩子是个劲力十足 |
[19:04] | She’s gonna make you proud. | 她会让你骄傲的 |
[19:06] | It’s harmless enough to have an exhibition game. | 举办表演赛没什么问题 |
[19:09] | But an upset could stir the pot. | 但是本末倒置会搅起麻烦 |
[19:11] | It’ll be bad for everyone. | 那对谁都不好 |
[19:15] | You mean, I should throw the match? | 你是让我故意输掉吗 |
[19:18] | Due respect, I doubt Fritz needs the help. | 无意冒犯 但我看弗利兹也不用你让着 |
[19:21] | You haven’t seen what this girl can do. | 你都不知道这女孩的能耐 |
[19:23] | And I always play to win. | 我总是努力取得胜利 |
[19:25] | Maybe I wasn’t clear. An upset is not a possibility. | 或许我没说明白 绝不能本末倒置 |
[19:30] | And I’ll be watching. | 我会观赛 |
[19:39] | To him, that was the last word. | 对他来说 那就算说定了 |
[19:41] | He was so sure Andi would just obey him. | 他认定安蒂会服从他 |
[19:44] | And lose on purpose? | 故意输球 |
[19:45] | In his mind, that’s what they had agreed to. | 在他看来 那是他们说好的 |
[19:48] | But then Andi won. | 但安蒂赢了 |
[19:50] | And was dead the next day. | 然后第二天就死了 |
[19:57] | The Penn athletic director, Arnold Brown, | 宾州大学的体育部主任 阿诺德·布朗 |
[19:59] | died four years ago. | 四年前死了 |
[20:01] | Dead suspect. Love that. | 死嫌犯 太好了 |
[20:03] | He’s all over these articles on Title IX, | 这些关于《第九条》的文章上都是他的名字 |
[20:05] | big opponent. | 极力反对 |
[20:06] | The same guy who wrote those stories | 做这些报道的人 |
[20:07] | covered Andi and women’s tennis, Eric Witt. | 也报道安蒂和女网 埃里克·威特 |
[20:10] | I know that name. | 我听过他 |
[20:12] | He writes a sports column for the Philly post. | 他为《费城邮报》写体育专栏 |
[20:14] | Well, maybe he can tell you how the A.D. took it | 或许他能告诉你安蒂没服从主任的指示 |
[20:16] | when Andi disobeyed him. | 他是什么反应 |
[20:17] | Heading over there. | 这就去 |
[20:22] | You doing okay, Nicky? | 你没事吧 尼克 |
[20:25] | Going home tonight. | 今晚就回家 |
[20:26] | By invitation? | 她让你回去了吗 |
[20:28] | Ambush. | 埋伏她 |
[20:31] | She’ll give me her come-to-Jesus, | 她会冲我大发脾气 |
[20:32] | I’ll beg forgiveness, we’ll settle back in. | 我恳求原谅 就一切如常了 |
[20:35] | Familiar drill, huh? | 习以为常了 是吗 |
[20:41] | One that’s getting less and less interesting. | 而且越来越没意思了 |
[20:44] | May be time to change it up. | 或许是该改变了 |
[20:52] | A.D. Brown went ballistic, when Andi won that match. | 安蒂拿下比赛时 布朗主任大发雷霆 |
[20:55] | Yeah, because now she’s the poster child for Title IX. | 因为现在她成了《第九条》的代表人物 |
[20:58] | And he wanted things to stay just like they were. | 而他想维持原状 |
[21:00] | Women athletes, back of the bus. | 女性运动员坐在后座 |
[21:02] | So maybe he retaliated after Andi won? | 安蒂赢了后 或许他采取了报复 |
[21:04] | Actually, I can vouch for his whereabouts that night. | 事实上 我能担保他当晚在哪里 |
[21:06] | – Yeah? – He was at the paper with me. | -是吗 -他在报社 跟我在一起 |
[21:10] | Doing what? | 干什么 |
[21:11] | Breathing down my neck. | 死盯着我 |
[21:12] | Didn’t want me to glorify her in the story. | 不想让我对她的胜利大肆鼓吹 |
[21:15] | But you kind of did, anyway. | 但你还是报道了 |
[21:17] | You should have seen my first draft. | 你应该看看我第一稿是什么样 |
[21:19] | You get any heat from the other players | 你给了安蒂那么多溢美之辞 |
[21:21] | for all the press you gave Andi? | 其他运动员有什么意见吗 |
[21:24] | Grace Andersen didn’t like it. | 格蕾丝·安德森不太高兴 |
[21:26] | Well, Grace has an alibi. | 格蕾丝有不在场证明 |
[21:29] | Kind of relieved to hear that. | 那我真是松了口气 |
[21:31] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[21:34] | There… there was an incident at a reception. | 一次聚会上出了件事 |
[21:37] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[21:39] | It was the night before the match, at an athletic alumni event. | 比赛前一晚 运动员校友聚会 |
[21:43] | Drinks were flowing pretty good. | 大家都在喝酒 |
[22:08] | Hi, everyone. | 大家好 |
[22:14] | Where’s the attractive headband? | 你漂亮的头带呢 |
[22:23] | Hey, sport. | 伙计 |
[22:27] | – What’s the problem? – I don’t know what they get out of it. | -怎么了 -我不知道她们到底图什么 |
[22:30] | – Out of what? – Treating me like that. | -什么意思 -那样对待我 |
[22:34] | Let them win for a second. | 让她们在场下得逞一会儿 |
[22:36] | Off court, since they can’t do it on. | 反正上场只会被你虐 |
[22:40] | Oh, no! It’s the superstar! | 天呐 是超级巨星啊 |
[22:43] | Don’t say that. | 别那么说 |
[22:45] | I’ve been getting some weird calls. | 我最近接到些奇怪的电话 |
[22:48] | Well, it’s the price of fame. | 人怕出名猪怕壮嘛 |
[22:50] | I come in peace, Andi, to apologize. | 我没有恶意 安蒂 我是来道歉的 |
[22:53] | – Forget it. – No, I gotta! | -没事的 -不 我得道歉 |
[22:56] | I gotta apologize for yelling the other day, when we played. | 我得为那天我们比赛时冲你吼道歉 |
[23:01] | You’re yelling now, too. | 你现在也在吼 |
[23:03] | You’re funny. | 你真逗 |
[23:05] | And, uh, foxy, too. | 而且也挺性感的 |
[23:07] | Fritz, stop it. | 弗利兹 别这样 |
[23:11] | You’re, you’re drunk, sport. | 你喝醉了 伙计 |
[23:12] | What did you call me, twit boy? | 你叫我什么 小屁孩 |
[23:22] | Hey, Eric. | 埃里克 |
[23:23] | – Hi, Grace. – Get ready. | -格蕾丝 -准备好 |
[23:25] | You’re gonna have a big story tomorrow. | 明天你会拿到大新闻 |
[23:27] | – What about? – Believe me, you’ll know. | -什么样的新闻 -相信我 你会知道的 |
[23:38] | You didn’t think to mention this when Andi turned up dead? | 安蒂死的时候 你就没想到要提这事吗 |
[23:42] | I just thought Grace was venting. | 我以为格蕾丝只是在发脾气 |
[23:45] | I plead love-sick college kid. | 我就是个单相思的大学生 |
[23:51] | I never thought my Grace could hurt someone. | 总觉得我的格蕾丝不会伤害别人 |
[23:53] | “Your” Grace? | “你的”格蕾丝 |
[23:55] | I’d been covering her for three years. | 我跟踪报道她三年了 |
[23:58] | Had a crush. | 迷上她了 |
[24:00] | Occupational hazard. | 职业危险 |
[24:02] | You seeing it with a clear head now? | 你现在能冷静地看她了吗 |
[24:04] | Gotta admit. | 我得承认 |
[24:07] | Always wondered what she meant by that. | 一直想不通她那话是什么意思 |
[24:17] | You said you and Fritz broke up, Grace, | 你说你跟弗利兹分手了 格蕾丝 |
[24:19] | but never mentioned why. | 但没说为什么 |
[24:21] | He was a bad boyfriend. | 他不是个好男友 |
[24:23] | Night before the match, we hear he was all over Andi. | 比赛前一晚 我们听说他一个劲扑在安蒂身上 |
[24:26] | Pawing her right in front of you. | 当着你的面摸她 |
[24:28] | He did that kind of thing. Charming, huh? | 他就是这样 真有魅力 是不是 |
[24:30] | Well, this night, | 可那一晚 |
[24:32] | it ticked you off enough to promise Eric Witt a big story, right? | 让你气得向埃里克·威特保证会有大新闻 |
[24:37] | Premeditation is murder one, Grace. | 有预谋构成一级谋杀 格蕾丝 |
[24:39] | I have an alibi. | 我有不在场证明 |
[24:40] | So maybe someone else did your dirty work. | 那或许是别人替你去做了 |
[24:42] | I wasn’t talking about Andi, that wasn’t the story. | 我说的不是安蒂 那不是我说的新闻 |
[24:44] | What then? | 那是什么 |
[24:47] | The towel. | 那条毛巾 |
[24:50] | I soaked it in sodium nitrate at the chem lab. | 我在化学实验室里把它浸了硝酸钠 |
[24:54] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[24:55] | But the dose wasn’t lethal. I made sure of that. | 但我确保了剂量并不致命 |
[24:58] | You wanted to poison Andi so she’d lose the match? | 你想让安蒂中毒 她就会输掉比赛 |
[25:00] | No, the towel was meant for Fritz. | 不 毛巾是给弗利兹的 |
[25:02] | Your bad boyfriend. | 你的坏男友 |
[25:04] | Have you ever been dragged through the mud | 你有没有被一个男人 |
[25:06] | so many times by a guy that you… | 一次又一次地羞辱 |
[25:10] | lash out in an inappropriate way? | 最终用不恰当的方式发泄 |
[25:13] | You consider poisoning someone “inappropriate”? | 你觉得毒害一个人”不恰当”吗 |
[25:17] | He humiliated me. | 他羞辱了我 |
[25:19] | So you wanted to humiliate him. | 所以你想羞辱他 |
[25:21] | Make sure he lost. | 让他输掉比赛 |
[25:22] | But he didn’t end up with the towel. | 但最后用到毛巾的不是他 |
[25:25] | Late in the match, Andi grabbed his towel by mistake. | 比赛到后来 安蒂错拿了他的毛巾 |
[25:29] | Afterwards, I tried to get it back. | 之后 我试着把毛巾拿回来 |
[25:34] | Andi? | 安蒂 |
[25:36] | I feel dizzy. | 我觉得头晕 |
[25:38] | – The champagne, maybe. – Maybe. | -大概是因为香槟酒 -大概吧 |
[25:47] | – You don’t have to help me. – I want to. | -你不用帮我的 -我想帮你 |
[25:55] | You were great out there. | 你刚刚表现真好 |
[25:57] | Think maybe now we’ll get the stuff Susan wants for the team? | 现在苏珊能为大家争取到她想要的东西了吗 |
[26:00] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[26:02] | Me, too. ‘Cause this bathroom is really bad. | 我也是 这个洗手间太差劲了 |
[26:10] | Grace, I know I screwed it up somehow. | 格蕾丝 我知道我有不对的地方 |
[26:15] | But I’d like to be friends with you guys. | 但我想跟你们做朋友 |
[26:20] | It wasn’t you. It was us. | 不是你的错 是我们 |
[26:24] | I think I have to get better at being with people. | 我觉得我得增进跟人相处的技巧 |
[26:28] | I’ve spent so much time playing tennis, but… | 我一直都在打网球 |
[26:30] | the only real friend I have is my dad. | 我唯一的朋友就是我爸爸 |
[26:37] | We’re all going out tomorrow night. | 我们明晚要一起出去 |
[26:39] | Trying this new “Tex-mex” thing. | 试试美墨边境料理 |
[26:42] | – You want to come? – Yeah. | -要来吗 -好啊 |
[26:46] | – Andi? – That’s my dad. | -安蒂 -我爸叫我 |
[26:49] | Come on, kiddo, we gotta go over these numbers. | 来吧 孩子 我们得过一遍这些数据 |
[26:55] | – Tomorrow night? – Tomorrow night. | -明晚见 -明晚见 |
[27:06] | Andi’s dad took her home? | 安蒂的爸爸带她回家了 |
[27:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:10] | He didn’t tell you that? | 他没告诉你们吗 |
[27:40] | Do you really have to bring this to work? Embarrass me there? | 你非得把这个拿到警局吗 让我难堪 |
[27:43] | I don’t know where else to find you. | 我不知道该去哪找你 |
[27:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:50] | Sitting target. Throw your daggers. | 我就在这儿 你开火吧 |
[27:54] | – Something’s different this time. – Really? | -这次不一样了 -是吗 |
[27:58] | ‘Cause to me, it’s exactly the same. | 对我来说没什么不同 |
[28:00] | I go AWOL for a couple hours, | 我消失几小时 |
[28:02] | I don’t call you on the dot when I say I will, | 我不像说好的那样到点给你打电话 |
[28:04] | and you go off the rails. | 你就发火 |
[28:05] | – Right. – And a small thing like | -对 -然后就这种 |
[28:07] | a guy coming home late turns into a three-hour referendum | 丈夫晚回家的小事 变成三小时列举 |
[28:10] | on all the cheap things Nick Vera’s ever done. | 尼克·维拉干过的所有坏事 |
[28:14] | Not this time. | 这次不一样了 |
[28:16] | I get a pass tonight, why? | 我今晚不用挨批了吗 为什么 |
[28:19] | Usually I wait up and worry. | 一般来说我会担心地等你 |
[28:21] | Where is he? Who’s he with? Is she pretty? | 他在哪 他跟谁在一起 她好看吗 |
[28:24] | I been walking the line. | 我一直很规矩 |
[28:26] | When your girlfriend from high school showed up last year? | 去年你高中女友出现的那次 |
[28:28] | Nothing happened with her. | 我跟她什么都没有 |
[28:29] | I came to your work. | 我去了警局 |
[28:31] | I watched you from the car. | 我在车里看着你 |
[28:34] | – To check on me. – No. | -去查岗吗 -不 |
[28:38] | To see what you liked. | 想看你当时的样子 |
[28:42] | She was wearing this beautiful white coat. | 她穿了一件漂亮的白大衣 |
[28:46] | So, the next day, I went out and bought one just like it. | 第二天我就出去买了件一样的 |
[28:49] | – Jules… – Wore it for months. | -朱尔斯 -我穿了几个月 |
[28:54] | But… you didn’t notice. | 但你没注意 |
[28:59] | And it didn’t keep you home. | 你也没因此就留在家里 |
[29:05] | Asking a lot of a coat. | 一件大衣没那么大魔力 |
[29:10] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[29:12] | the other night, I waited. | 前天晚上 我等你 |
[29:16] | But I didn’t worry. | 但我不觉得担心 |
[29:19] | And when I heard you come in, I wasn’t glad. | 我听到你进门的时候 也不觉得高兴 |
[29:26] | I wished you were still gone. | 我希望你没回来 |
[29:31] | Well, that is different. | 这的确是不一样 |
[29:41] | I think it’s time, Nicky. | 我觉得该结束了 尼克 |
[29:47] | What about this baby thing? | 那孩子的事呢 |
[29:50] | What? | 什么 |
[29:51] | Maybe we gotta do it now. | 或许我们该现在要孩子 |
[29:53] | You have to be able to offer a good home for that. | 要孩子得有个良好的家庭环境 |
[29:55] | It could save us, Jules. | 孩子或许能挽救我们 朱尔斯 |
[29:56] | Bring us together. | 让我们重新在一起 |
[29:57] | This isn’t a good home. | 我们家的环境一点也不好 |
[30:02] | I’m done. | 我受够了 |
[30:04] | So you saying this, 12 years in? | 都12年了 你说这话 |
[30:11] | Talk me out of it. | 你劝劝我试试 |
[30:37] | You told us the last time you saw Andie was out on court one. | 上次你说你最后见到安蒂是在一号球场 |
[30:41] | – That’s right. – But that was a lie. | -没错 -那是在撒谎 |
[30:45] | – What? – Someone saw you leave with her later. | -什么 -有人看到晚些时候你跟她离开 |
[30:48] | Headed back to the dorm. | 回到了她的宿舍 |
[30:54] | I have a… A lot of regrets in my life. | 我一生有很多遗憾 |
[31:00] | The worst one was that night. | 最遗憾的就是那晚的事 |
[31:01] | Did you hurt your daughter? | 你伤害你女儿了吗 |
[31:03] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[31:05] | Then what? | 那是怎么回事 |
[31:07] | I’ve tried to forget it. | 我竭力想忘记 |
[31:10] | Our last conversation. | 我们最后的对话 |
[31:14] | You had a whole life together, Bill. | 我们一生都在一起 比尔 |
[31:17] | The last time you spoke doesn’t define all that. | 你们最后说了什么不能决定你们的关系 |
[31:20] | I was more than her dad. | 我不仅是她父亲 |
[31:22] | I was her coach, her mentor. | 我是她的教练 她的导师 |
[31:25] | And she was my best friend. | 而她是我最好的朋友 |
[31:28] | I couldn’t give that up. | 我舍不得放弃 |
[31:31] | But Andi wanted something else? | 安蒂想要别的吗 |
[31:35] | Friends of her own. | 自己交朋友 |
[31:37] | A life outside of tennis. | 网球之外的生活 |
[31:41] | The last time I saw my girl… | 我最后一次见到我女儿 |
[31:45] | I was trying to keep her from any of that. | 我竭力想让她得不到那些 |
[31:51] | Nice work out there, kiddo. | 打得漂亮 |
[31:53] | Nine unforced errors, though. | 但有9次非受迫性失误 |
[31:56] | – Two double faults. – Still, I played well. | -两次发球双误 -但我打得还是很不错 |
[31:58] | But you’re still using that overhead backhand. | 但你还是在头上打反手拍 |
[32:01] | – It just feels right. – But it’s not disciplined. | -我觉得那样顺手 -那样很外行 |
[32:04] | After all the buckets we did, | 我们做了那么多训练 |
[32:05] | I don’t see why you fall back on junk. | 你为什么又用那种手法 |
[32:07] | Let’s talk about it tomorrow. | 我们明天再谈吧 |
[32:12] | Were you drinking tonight? | 你今晚喝酒了吗 |
[32:14] | – I had some champagne. – Andi… | -我喝了香槟酒 -安蒂 |
[32:18] | I’m afraid we’re losing our focus. | 我觉得你有点精力分散了 |
[32:24] | Who’s that at this hour? | 这时候会是谁啊 |
[32:25] | Someone keeps calling and hanging up. | 老是有人打来然后挂掉 |
[32:28] | – Is it a boyfriend? – No. | -是你的男友吗 -不是 |
[32:30] | ‘Cause that would explain why your tennis is suffering. | 那样你网球场上的表现就说得通了 |
[32:33] | I don’t have a boyfriend, | 我没有男友 |
[32:35] | but I am starting to make friends, I think. | 但我想我开始结交到朋友了 |
[32:43] | You know what? I made a mistake. | 你知道吗 我犯了个错误 |
[32:45] | College isn’t right for you. | 大学不适合你 |
[32:47] | But I’m just starting to like it. | 但我正开始喜欢大学呢 |
[32:48] | It’s too distracting. We should be on the tour. | 这太让人分心了 我们该去打巡回比赛 |
[32:49] | We’ll train for a few months, hit the tri-state tournaments… | 我们训练几个月 然后去打三州锦标赛 |
[32:55] | Hello! | 喂 |
[32:57] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[33:03] | – Dad… – You sleep off that alcohol. | -爸 -等你睡醒了酒劲过去 |
[33:04] | We’ll pack up in the morning. | 我们早上就收拾东西走人 |
[33:05] | But I want to stay here. | 但我想留下 |
[33:06] | We’re going on tour, Andi, and that’s the end of it. | 我们要去巡回比赛 安蒂 就这么定了 |
[33:08] | Dad, that’s not what I want! | 爸 我不想那样 |
[33:10] | I know what you want better than you do. | 我比你更清楚你想要什么 |
[33:12] | We’ve got something special here, and we’re not throwing it away. | 我们的天赋很特别 我们不能就这么放弃 |
[33:14] | – We? – That’s right, we! | -我们 -没错 我们 |
[33:16] | Who put a racket in your hand when you were four years old? | 你四岁时 是谁让你拿起了球拍 |
[33:18] | You did. | 是你 |
[33:19] | Who took you to every tournament, every lesson? | 是谁带你去参加每一项锦标赛 每一堂课 |
[33:20] | You. | 是你 |
[33:21] | I spent 14 years making you what you are. | 我花了14年造就了你 |
[33:23] | You act like you’re not even grateful. | 可你却一副毫不感激的样子 |
[33:38] | I didn’t want her to get over me. | 我不想让她把我忘在脑后 |
[33:42] | Didn’t matter in the end. | 到头来也无所谓了 |
[33:45] | I lost my girl. | 我失去了我的女儿 |
[33:48] | You have another girl. | 你还有一个女儿啊 |
[33:52] | You ever find out who that caller was? | 你知道那个打电话的人是谁吗 |
[33:55] | Wrong number, he said. | 他说打错了 |
[33:58] | Then he called me something. | 但他喊了我什么 |
[34:02] | “Sport.” | “伙计” |
[34:05] | It stuck with me, because it was odd. | 我一直记着 因为那话很怪 |
[34:10] | Occupational hazard. | 职业危险 |
[34:12] | Falling for the athletes you covered. | 迷上你跟踪报道的运动员 |
[34:14] | Isn’t that what you said? | 你不是这么说的吗 |
[34:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[34:17] | – That’s why you were sweet on Grace. – Is that a crime? | -所以你喜欢格蕾丝 -那有罪吗 |
[34:20] | No, but in ’73, you were done writing about Grace. | 不 但73年时 你不再报道格蕾丝了 |
[34:24] | Now you were writing about Andi. | 你开始写安蒂了 |
[34:28] | I might have nursed a light crush on her. | 我或许是有点喜欢上了她 |
[34:32] | Well, you put her photo in the paper over and over. | 一次次在报纸上登她的照片 |
[34:34] | Nothing lightweight about that. | 那可不是小事 |
[34:36] | Something might’ve been growing. | 或许我们有点情愫 |
[34:38] | Between you and Andi? | 你和安蒂吗 |
[34:41] | We might even have ended up together, if she wasn’t killed. | 如果她没死 我们或许会在一起 |
[34:49] | No. | 不 |
[34:51] | How would you know? | 你怎么会知道 |
[34:53] | Well, I know guys like you. | 我了解你这种人 |
[34:57] | Always setting your sights too high on girls that are, | 总是好高骛远 喜欢那些 |
[35:00] | – well, out of your league. – That’s not true. | -你配不上的女孩 -不是那样的 |
[35:03] | And when they give you the brush-off, you get frustrated. | 你被她们拒绝的时候 会很沮丧 |
[35:06] | Bitter. | 愤愤不平 |
[35:08] | “Bitch thinks she’s better than me?” | “那贱人觉得自己比我强吗” |
[35:10] | I don’t know what you’re saying. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[35:11] | Andi didn’t have feelings for you. | 安蒂对你毫无感觉 |
[35:14] | She never would’ve. | 她也绝不会有的 |
[35:15] | She was a big tennis star on the verge of going pro, | 她是个网球巨星 就要成为职业选手 |
[35:17] | and you were just this little… | 而你不过是个… |
[35:20] | – fan. – I wasn’t just some fan. | -小球迷 -我不是什么小球迷 |
[35:22] | I put Andi Simmons on the map! | 我让安蒂·西蒙斯名声大噪 |
[35:31] | I know you called her that night. | 我知道你那晚给她打电话了 |
[35:33] | Wrong. | 没有 |
[35:35] | – And that you came to her room. – No, I didn’t. | -而且你去了她房间 -我没有 |
[35:47] | Well, that’s the paper that ran after she won. | 那是她赢得比赛后的报道 |
[35:49] | Didn’t hit campus till the next day. | 而报纸第二天才在校园发行 |
[35:51] | How else did it get in her room that night, | 这报纸怎么那晚会进了她的房间 |
[35:54] | underneath her dead body? | 压在她的尸体下面 |
[35:58] | Sport. | 伙计 |
[36:04] | I just came to show her… | 我只是想拿去给她看… |
[36:07] | what I did for her. | 我为她做了什么 |
[36:09] | And she wasn’t even grateful. | 可她却毫不感激 |
[36:11] | No, she wasn’t. | 的确是这样 |
[36:22] | Eric. | 埃里克 |
[36:24] | – Is someone here? – No. Why? | -有人吗 -没有 怎么了 |
[36:28] | Well, I just didn’t want to interrupt. | 我只是不想打扰你 |
[36:30] | It’s pretty late. | 现在挺晚的了 |
[36:31] | Yeah. This can’t wait. Here, go ahead, read it. | 这事不能等 来 读读 |
[36:37] | You’re the story. The superstar. | 报道的是你 超级巨星 |
[36:40] | You know, Eric, that word is really starting to creep me out. | 埃里克 这个词真是越来越让我难受了 |
[36:44] | I’m the one who named you that. | 是我先那么叫你的 |
[36:47] | It caught on, and everyone calls you that now, | 结果流行了起来 现在大家都那么喊你了 |
[36:49] | but I was the first one. | 但是我先那么喊你的 |
[36:54] | – Anyway… – I was the first one to see it. | -好吧 -我是最先发现你的 |
[37:00] | – And I see something else. – What’s that? | -我还看出了别的 -什么 |
[37:03] | I see how great we could be together. | 我看出来我们两个很相配 |
[37:07] | We? | 我们 |
[37:12] | Eric! | 埃里克 |
[37:14] | This is what you want. | 这是你想要的 |
[37:16] | How do you know? You don’t even know me! | 你怎么知道 你根本不了解我 |
[37:18] | – I don’t know you? I write about you every day. – So? | -我不了解你 我每天报道你 -那又怎样 |
[37:21] | Andi, geez, I’m the reason you’re in the paper! | 安蒂 你是因为我才会上报纸 |
[37:23] | No, you’re not! It’s me, | 不 那是因为我 |
[37:25] | not we. It’s my life. | 不是我们 这是我的人生 |
[37:28] | I don’t need people telling me what I want. | 我不需要任何人来告诉我我想要什么 |
[37:32] | Boy, this has gone to your head. | 这冲昏了你的头脑吧 |
[37:34] | You should leave. | 你该走了 |
[37:39] | You’ve gotten really stuck up. | 你现在好高傲 |
[37:41] | I’m the one who made you here, you might show some gratitude. | 我造就了你 你也多少表示点感激 |
[37:44] | You’re not even grateful. | 你却毫不感激 |
[37:47] | Take your paper and go. | 拿上你的报纸 走人 |
[37:51] | And stop calling me and hanging up. | 别再给我打电话然后挂断 |
[37:54] | I know it’s you. | 我知道是你 |
[37:59] | It’s really pathetic. | 真的很可悲 |
[38:16] | – I’m the one who made you! – Eric! | -是我塑造了你 -埃里克 |
[38:18] | You hear me, Andi! | 你听到了吗 安蒂 |
[38:19] | I made you! | 是我造就了你 |
[38:38] | 歌曲:”Your song” 歌手:Elton John | |
[39:19] | 已结案 73年10月 |