时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Mom! Where’s my jacket? | 妈 我的外衣呢 |
[00:05] | Where’d you put it Stevie? | 你放在哪了 史蒂夫 |
[00:07] | Quit calling me that. I don’t remember. | 别那么喊我了 我记不得了 |
[00:10] | Check the hallway closet. | 看看玄关的壁柜 |
[00:15] | – Damn! – Watch the language mister. | -该死 -说话注意点 先生 |
[00:21] | Oh, mom. | 妈 |
[00:23] | Mom, you found my jacket. | 妈 你找到我的外衣了 |
[00:25] | You’re the best mom in the whole wide world. | 你真是全世界最棒的妈妈了 |
[00:28] | Go, Scat, get out of here. You’re gonna be late. | 少贫嘴了 快走吧 你要迟到了 |
[00:32] | Where’s dad? | 老爸呢 |
[00:33] | Ed, Stevie’s going now! | 艾德 史蒂夫要走了 |
[00:35] | Hold on a minute! Don’t go! | 你稍等等 别走 |
[00:37] | Can anyone in this house just talk at a normal level? | 你们就不能好好说话吗 |
[00:40] | Say “Cheese.” | “茄子” |
[00:43] | Doesn’t he look handsome, Ed? | 瞧瞧他多帅啊 艾德 |
[00:45] | Mom, don’t get all weepy. Jeez. | 妈 别哭鼻子啊 |
[00:47] | Wear your seatbelt tonight. It’s pouring cats and dogs out there. | 今晚记得要系安全带 外面雨好大 |
[00:50] | Better get out of here before | 快走吧 |
[00:51] | mom decides she’s going to the prom with you. | 要不你妈就要跟你一起去舞会了 |
[00:54] | Okay. Parental units, I’m out of here. | 好啦 老爸老妈 我走了 |
[00:57] | Don’t forget your keys. | 别忘了你的钥匙 |
[01:02] | The Caddy? | 卡迪拉克给我了 |
[01:06] | Are you serious, dad? | 真的吗 老爸 |
[01:07] | Could be making the biggest mistake of my life. | 或许是我这辈子最大的错误了 |
[01:12] | – Thanks, dad. – Have a great time, son. | -谢了 老爸 -好好玩吧 儿子 |
[01:14] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[01:21] | Bye. | 再见 |
[01:22] | Bye. | 再见 |
[02:41] | 80年6月 史蒂夫·雅布隆斯基 | |
[03:00] | Are you a detective? | 你是探员吗 |
[03:02] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:04] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[03:06] | I have information on a murder. | 我有关于一起凶案的信息 |
[03:09] | The boy who died. | 那个死去的男孩 |
[03:14] | His name was Steve Jablonski. | 他叫史蒂夫·雅布隆斯基 |
[03:17] | Jablonski. | 雅布隆斯基 |
[03:19] | Sounds familiar. | 挺耳熟的 |
[03:21] | He was buried alive 26 years ago. | 他26年前被人活埋 |
[03:27] | Right. | 没错 |
[03:29] | That was horrible. | 真是太惨了 |
[03:30] | Yes, it was. | 是啊 |
[03:32] | You got some information? | 你知道什么吗 |
[03:41] | I buried him with this. | 我用这个埋了他 |
[04:23] | You think this guy’s for real? | 你觉得这家伙是真的吗 |
[04:25] | Depends on that shovel head. Lab say how long it’ll take? | 要看那个锹头了 实验室要多久有结果 |
[04:28] | A couple hours, maybe. | 大概要几小时 |
[04:30] | Job went cold day one. | 那案子从一开始就成了悬案 |
[04:32] | Been going through Jablonski’s box. | 我在翻看雅布隆斯基的卷宗 |
[04:34] | Pretty grim stuff. Check this out. | 真是可怕啊 看这个 |
[04:37] | Doer made the kid write out his own will. | 凶手逼那孩子写遗嘱 |
[04:39] | Sent it to Jablonski’s parents. | 并寄给了雅布隆斯基的父母 |
[04:42] | “My name is Steve Jablonski. | “我名叫史蒂夫·雅布隆斯基 |
[04:45] | This is my last will and testament. | 这是我的临终遗嘱 |
[04:47] | Mom, don’t worry, because he promised it won’t hurt. | 妈 别担心 他保证说不会疼的 |
[04:50] | It’ll just be like falling asleep. | 会像睡着了一样 |
[04:52] | I’m sorry about the car, dad. | 爸 车的事我很抱歉 |
[04:54] | Please don’t let this get you down, | 请你们别为此伤心 |
[04:55] | because I know one day we’ll meet in heaven.” | 因为我知道我们终会在天堂团聚” |
[05:01] | Parents found it in their mailbox | 父母在邮箱里发现的 |
[05:02] | a few hours after their son’s body turned up. | 就在儿子尸体被找到后几小时 |
[05:04] | That’s tough. | 肯定很不好受 |
[05:06] | Cops never went public with it. | 信的事警方并未公布 |
[05:08] | And now the doer waltzes in 26 years later. | 26年后凶手却大摇大摆地走进来 |
[05:12] | If he’s the doer. | 如果他是凶手的话 |
[05:14] | Go find out. | 去问明白吧 |
[05:23] | Cold out tonight. | 今晚外面好冷啊 |
[05:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:28] | I hate the rain. | 我讨厌下雨 |
[05:31] | So what’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[05:34] | John Doe. | 无名氏[约翰·某] |
[05:37] | That’s original. | 真有创意 |
[05:39] | – And you are? – Detective Rush. Lilly Rush. | -你呢 -拉什探员 莉莉·拉什 |
[05:44] | I want you to know that I feel terrible… | 我想告诉你 我很难过 |
[05:46] | about what happened to that boy. | 对那男孩的事 |
[05:49] | So why’d you kill him? | 那你为什么杀他 |
[05:52] | Couldn’t help it. I’m sorry. | 忍不住 抱歉 |
[05:56] | Such a nice kid, so worried about his dad. | 真是个好孩子 那么担心他爸 |
[06:00] | Too bad I was the one who stopped to help. | 可惜是我停下来帮他 |
[06:04] | Yeah. Too bad. | 是啊 真可惜 |
[06:06] | We spent a lot of time… | 我们在一起待了好一会儿 |
[06:08] | talking about dying. About saying good-bye. | 谈论死亡 谈论告别 |
[06:16] | Good-bye? | 告别 |
[06:18] | People lose a loved one and they grieve. | 失去爱人的人 会感到悲伤 |
[06:21] | When you’re the one dying, you lose everyone. | 如果死去的人是你 你会失去所有人 |
[06:25] | – Ever experience that? – No. | -有过那种经历吗 -没有 |
[06:29] | – Can’t say I have. – Steve did. | -我没有 -史蒂夫有 |
[06:32] | It was a heartbreaking thing to watch. | 看着人那样真令人心碎 |
[06:36] | Let me level with you, John. | 我跟你实话实说吧 约翰 |
[06:37] | You haven’t told me anything the public doesn’t know already. | 你没能说出任何公众不知道的内情 |
[06:39] | So why should I believe that you did it? | 我凭什么相信是你干的 |
[06:44] | You look at me and you see a quiet, simple man. | 你看着我 只看到一个沉默简单的人 |
[06:52] | So did he. | 他也是 |
[06:54] | Didn’t believe me… | 不相信我 |
[06:57] | when I told him he was gonna die. | 我说他要死了 他也不信 |
[07:10] | Can I give you a lift somewhere? | 要搭顺风车吗 |
[07:12] | Yeah, there’s a gas station down off route 291? | 能去291公路旁的那个加油站吗 |
[07:15] | Sure. Get in. | 当然 上来吧 |
[07:19] | I’m Steve, by the way. | 我是史蒂夫 |
[07:21] | Dripping all over your car. Sorry. | 把水都淋在你车里了 抱歉 |
[07:23] | Not a problem. | 没事 |
[07:24] | Call me John. | 我叫约翰 |
[07:30] | – Looks like you’re headed to a formal. – My prom. | -你这是要去什么正式场合啊 -我的舞会 |
[07:33] | So you must be what? 17? 18, Steve? | 那你是17 18岁了吧 史蒂夫 |
[07:37] | 17, yeah. | 17岁 |
[07:41] | Great age. | 好年纪啊 |
[07:44] | Guess that makes you almost legal, huh? | 那你差不多可以喝酒了吧 |
[07:46] | What? You think I poisoned it? | 怎么 你觉得我下毒了吗 |
[07:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:57] | To getting to the prom. | 敬参加舞会 |
[07:59] | To getting to the prom. | 敬参加舞会 |
[08:06] | That’s the turn off for the gas station. | 应该在那儿下道去加油站的 |
[08:10] | Excuse me? You just passed it. | 抱歉 你刚刚走过了 |
[08:17] | I hate to tell you this, Steve, | 真是遗憾 史蒂夫 |
[08:21] | but you’re gonna die tonight. | 但你今晚要死了 |
[08:24] | That’s funny. | 真好笑 |
[08:27] | How do you feel? | 你什么感觉 |
[08:30] | Knowing that. | 知道你要死了 |
[08:33] | Could you just turn around please? | 你能掉头吗 |
[08:35] | I put something in your beer. | 我在你酒里下了东西 |
[08:39] | I had to. I’m sorry I lied. | 我没办法 抱歉我撒了谎 |
[08:42] | In a few moments, you’ll be unconscious. | 用不了一会儿 你就会失去知觉 |
[08:46] | It won’t hurt. | 不会疼的 |
[08:48] | I think we should go back. | 我们应该掉头 |
[08:50] | My dad will be really mad about the car. | 我爸会为车的事发火的 |
[08:56] | I knew you’d try that, so I removed the door handle. | 我知道你会想跑 所以把车把手弄掉了 |
[09:02] | There’s no point in trying to escape or trying to scream. | 逃跑和呼救都是没用的 |
[09:11] | No one can hear you for miles. | 几英里内没人能听到你 |
[09:17] | And then you killed him. | 然后你就杀了他 |
[09:21] | Detective Rush… | 拉什探员 |
[09:23] | now I remember that name. You were in the newspapers last year. | 我记起来了 你去年上过报纸 |
[09:26] | You caught that serial killer. | 你抓住了连环杀手 |
[09:31] | – You getting off on this? – Pardon me? | -你觉得很爽吗 -什么 |
[09:34] | Waltzing in here, playing games, making crap up. | 就这么走进来 耍弄我们 编造故事 |
[09:36] | I’m telling the truth. | 我说的是实话 |
[09:38] | So tell me how Steve said good-bye. | 那告诉我史蒂夫怎么告别的 |
[09:51] | Don’t forget your umbrella on the way out. | 出去的时候别忘记拿伞 |
[09:54] | “I’m sorry about the car, dad. | “爸 车的事我很抱歉 |
[09:58] | Please don’t let this get you down. | 请你们别为此伤心 |
[10:01] | Because I know, one day, | 因为我知道 |
[10:06] | we’ll meet in heaven.” | 我们终会在天堂团聚” |
[10:12] | That’s how. | 就这么告别的 |
[10:15] | Something you gotta see. | 你得过来看看 |
[10:23] | – The lab results came in, Lil. – Okay. | -实验室出结果了 阿莉 -好 |
[10:26] | They found fresh dirt on the shovel. | 他们在锹头上发现了新的泥土 |
[10:33] | You did it again. Didn’t you, John? | 你又那么做了 是不是 约翰 |
[10:38] | There is another boy. | 还有一个男孩 |
[10:42] | Time ran out for Steve Jablonski, | 史蒂夫·雅布隆斯基已经死了 |
[10:44] | but maybe not for this one. | 或许这个还有时间 |
[10:48] | This boy’s still alive? | 这个孩子还活着 |
[10:51] | Steve lasted six hours in the ground. | 史蒂夫在地下撑了6个小时 |
[10:56] | Maybe he will, too. | 或许他也能 |
[11:05] | He kills once, stops for 26 years and then kills again. | 他杀了一个人 等了26年又动手了吗 |
[11:08] | Right. But as far as we know, this kid’s still alive. | 对 但是这次的孩子应该还活着 |
[11:10] | ME confirmed it took about | 验尸官证实 |
[11:11] | six hours before Jablonski ran out of air. | 雅布隆斯基的确过了6小时才耗尽氧气 |
[11:14] | – We gotta hurry. – So what’s the game plan? | -我们得抓紧了 -我们怎么办 |
[11:17] | ID the missing kid. | 找到失踪孩子 |
[11:18] | Probably 17, same age as his first victim. | 大概跟前一个死者一样是17岁 |
[11:20] | Check missing persons reports. Maybe get lucky. | 查查失踪人口报告 或许能找到 |
[11:22] | What about this John Doe character? | 那这个无名氏呢 |
[11:24] | Guy had got no ID, wallet, nothing with his address on it. | 他没有证件 钱包 或任何有地址的东西 |
[11:27] | – We ran his prints? – No luck. | -指纹呢 -没查到 |
[11:29] | Jablonski’s parents are on their way up. Maybe they know him. | 雅布隆斯基的父母正在赶来 或许认识他 |
[11:32] | – In the meantime, we keep him talking? – Right. | -与此同时 让他继续说话 -对 |
[11:35] | He only wants to talk about the 1980 job. | 他只想谈1980年那桩案子 |
[11:37] | We find out why he did that murder, maybe we save this boy. | 我们查明他当时是什么动机 或许能救这个孩子 |
[11:42] | So let’s cut to the chase, John. | 我们废话少说了 约翰 |
[11:44] | You tell me where this boy is | 你告诉我这个孩子在哪里 |
[11:45] | and I’ll make sure the DA cuts you a deal. | 我会保证让地检官跟你做个交易 |
[11:47] | I’m not interested in deals. That’s not why I’m here. | 我不要什么交易 我不是为那个而来 |
[11:49] | You’re here about Jablonski. | 你是为雅布隆斯基而来 |
[11:51] | Why not tell us about your other victims? | 跟我们说说你杀的其他人吧 |
[11:52] | There are no others. Just him. | 没有其他人了 只有他 |
[11:55] | And the boy out there now. | 还有现在还活着的那个男孩 |
[11:57] | – So what’s your real name? – It isn’t important. | -你真名叫什么 -那不重要 |
[11:59] | You walk in here confessing to a murder, | 你走进来供认谋杀 |
[12:01] | but you don’t want to tell us who you are? | 但却不告诉我们你是谁 |
[12:04] | What I’m wondering is why wait 26 years before you kill again? | 我想知道你为什么等了26年才再杀人 |
[12:10] | I mean, you must have been, what? | 你当时有多大 |
[12:11] | In your late 20s with Jablonski? | 杀雅布隆斯基时才20多岁吧 |
[12:13] | Knowing who I am isn’t going to help you find him. I’m sorry. | 知道我是谁对你们找到他毫无帮助 抱歉 |
[12:16] | Why’d you make him write his own will? | 你为什么逼他写遗嘱 |
[12:18] | People should have the chance to put their affairs in order. | 应该给人一个机会做个了结 |
[12:21] | To make sense of their lives. | 理清自己的人生 |
[12:24] | – To say good-bye. – Now, that’s real standup. | -跟亲人告别 -你可真是好人啊 |
[12:27] | – Anger is stage number two. – Excuse me? | -愤怒是第二阶段 -什么 |
[12:31] | Like you, he got angry, too. | 他跟你一样 也很愤怒 |
[12:45] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[12:47] | You’re gonna die tonight, remember? | 你今晚要死了 记得吗 |
[12:54] | The Caddy. | 卡迪拉克 |
[12:56] | The Caddy. I can’t just leave it there. | 我的车 我不能把它扔在那儿 |
[12:58] | It’s, like, his most prized possession. | 那是他最宝贝的东西了 |
[13:00] | Who? Your father? | 谁 你爸吗 |
[13:03] | I got my grades up, and I spent weekends working on the yard. | 我提高了成绩 周末整理花园 |
[13:08] | So he’d trust you with it. | 他才肯把车交给你 |
[13:09] | You gotta turn around. | 你得掉头 |
[13:11] | My dad, he’ll think I messed up again. It’s not true. | 我爸会以为我又搞砸了 不是那样的 |
[13:14] | Sounds like you’ve been a disappointment to your father. | 看来你父亲一直对你很失望啊 |
[13:21] | You gotta turn around! | 你得掉头 |
[13:28] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你为什么要这么对我 |
[13:31] | – To know what it’s like to die. – Why me? | -了解死亡的感受 -为什么选我 |
[13:39] | You said anger was stage number two. | 你说愤怒是第二阶段 |
[13:42] | Stage two of what? | 什么的阶段 |
[13:44] | The five stages of dying. | 死亡的五个阶段 |
[13:46] | The first is denial. | 第一个阶段是否认 |
[13:49] | Then anger. | 然后是愤怒 |
[13:51] | Then bargaining. | 然后是讨价还价 |
[13:52] | Depression and acceptance. I’m familiar. | 抑郁和接受 这我很清楚 |
[13:57] | – I’m sorry. – Keep your condolences, please. | -很抱歉 -省省吧 |
[14:03] | Their final thoughts, feelings. | 他们最后的想法 感受 |
[14:08] | You’ll never know what they were. | 你永远都猜不透 |
[14:11] | You wish you did, don’t you? | 你希望你能知道 不是吗 |
[14:14] | Steve Jablonski’s mother and father got to. | 史蒂夫·雅布隆斯基的父母就知道了 |
[14:17] | So stage number three is bargaining, John. | 第三阶段是讨价还价 约翰 |
[14:21] | You know what we want. What about you? | 你知道我们要什么 你想要什么 |
[14:25] | – I want to meet them. – Who? | -我想见他们 -谁 |
[14:29] | Jablonski’s parents. | 雅布隆斯基的父母 |
[14:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:34] | To tell them I’m sorry. | 告诉他们我很抱歉 |
[14:43] | I used to dream about this moment, | 我曾梦到过这一刻 |
[14:46] | fantasize about it. | 想象这一刻 |
[14:50] | What I would do to you if we met. | 想象我们相见时 我会对你做什么 |
[14:54] | But now I know that won’t ever bring my boy back, will it? | 但现在我知道无论如何 我儿子也回不来了 |
[14:59] | Because my family, they, they’ve got money, lots of it. | 我家里有钱的 有很多 |
[15:02] | They’ll pay anything you want. I swear they will. | 我发誓他们会满足你的一切条件 |
[15:05] | Are you ready to put your affairs in order? | 你准备好做个了结了吗 |
[15:07] | My dad is a lawyer. He will do anything to get me back. | 我爸是个律师 他会不惜一切让我回去 |
[15:11] | Are you ready to say your final good-bye? | 你准备好跟他们告别了吗 |
[15:14] | Just tell me what you want. | 告诉我你到底想要什么 |
[15:18] | I want you to think about how to say good-bye in your will. | 你想要你想清楚如何在遗嘱中告别 |
[15:22] | Your last will and testament. | 你的临终遗嘱 |
[15:25] | If you let me go, I won’t tell. I swear to god, not a soul. | 如果你放了我 我发誓我绝不会说出去 |
[15:32] | You can just drive off. What do you say? | 你可以就此离开 怎么样 |
[15:43] | I’ll do… | 我愿意 |
[15:47] | you know, that. | 给你那个 |
[15:51] | What, Steve? | 什么 史蒂夫 |
[15:53] | It’ll just blow your mind, what I’ll do, like, if you… | 我能让你爽翻天 |
[15:59] | Just please don’t hurt me. | 求你别伤害我 |
[16:03] | Mom… | 妈 |
[16:07] | – I’ll kill you! – Lynne, Lynne! | -我杀了你 -林恩 |
[16:10] | – I didn’t mean to upset you. – I’ll kill you. | -我并不想惹你伤心的 -我杀了你 |
[16:13] | I told you that because your boy was lucky. | 我告诉你这事是因为你儿子很幸运 |
[16:15] | You should go. Please. | 请你们走吧 |
[16:17] | Don’t listen to him. | 别听他的 |
[16:18] | Some people don’t have a loving family | 有人没有这么温暖的家庭 |
[16:19] | and a cozy home to say good-bye to, but Steve did. | 没有温馨的家可以告别 但史蒂夫有 |
[16:23] | We held up our end. Now it’s your turn. | 我们履行了约定 该你了 |
[16:28] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[16:30] | Some people just have a locker to call home. | 有些人只能管一个储物柜叫家 |
[16:35] | And a vent to keep them warm at night. | 晚上只有一扇通风口能取暖 |
[16:37] | You talking about yourself, John? | 你说的是你自己吗 约翰 |
[16:40] | Or him? | 还是他 |
[16:44] | A locker to call home. | 管一个储物柜叫家 |
[16:46] | This boy’s what? Homeless? Runaway? | 这孩子是流浪汉吗 还是离家出走 |
[16:49] | A vent keeping them warm at night. Subway station? | 晚上靠通风口取暖 地铁站吗 |
[16:53] | Or a train station. | 或是火车站 |
[16:56] | 30th street? | 30街车站 |
[17:02] | Guy’s the invisible man. No one’s seen squat. | 那家伙是个隐形人 没人看到过他 |
[17:05] | If this John Doe was even here. Could be a wild goose chase. | 如果他真的来过的话 这可能根本毫无结果 |
[17:09] | Heating vents, lockers. You got a better idea? | 热气通风口 储物柜 你有更好的想法吗 |
[17:12] | This guy could be jerking us around. | 这家伙或许是在耍我们 |
[17:14] | Better than doing nothing, because we’re running out of time. | 那也比什么都不做强 我们快没时间了 |
[17:16] | Got less than four hours left. | 只剩不到4小时了 |
[17:18] | Put me in a room alone with him, | 如果让我跟他单独待会儿 |
[17:20] | 20 minutes. I’ll get John Doe talking. | 20分钟 我就能撬开他的嘴 |
[17:23] | Son of a bitch. | 该死 |
[17:25] | He led us right to it. | 他把路都指明了 |
[17:39] | – That from our new kid? – Found it taped to this locker. | -那是另一个孩子的吗 -粘在储物柜上 |
[17:41] | All we got so far is his name, Justin Bradley. | 只知道他的名字 贾斯汀·布莱德利 |
[17:45] | “This is my last will and testament. | “这是我的临终遗嘱 |
[17:46] | Everything in my locker goes to you, Valentino. | 我储物柜里的一切都给你 瓦伦蒂诺 |
[17:49] | It’s not much, but it’s all I got in the world. | 虽然不多 但这是我的全部 |
[17:51] | Remember the horses in the field? | 记得那片场地上的马儿吗 |
[17:54] | Maybe we’ll meet there one day.” | 或许我们有一天会在那儿相见” |
[17:56] | – That’s it. – Who’s Valentino? | -就这些了 -瓦伦蒂诺是谁 |
[17:58] | Vera and Miller are asking around. | 维拉和米勒在到处问呢 |
[18:00] | Horses in the field. | 场地上的马儿 |
[18:02] | Could be, like, Jablonski’s meet-in-heaven thing? | 或许是雅布隆斯基写的天堂团聚那个意思 |
[18:05] | Anything in the locker? | 储物柜里有什么吗 |
[18:07] | Uh, sneakers, sweatshirt, this box. | 运动鞋 运动衫 和这个盒子 |
[18:16] | Why’s he carrying this around? | 他为什么要随身带着这个 |
[18:18] | Vera found the friend, Valentino. | 维拉找到了那个朋友 瓦伦蒂诺 |
[18:20] | Picked him up a few minutes ago, | 几分钟之前找到了他 |
[18:21] | right outside the station. | 就在车站外面 |
[18:23] | All right. | 好 |
[18:24] | Me and Justin kick it time to time. So what? | 我和贾斯汀有时一起混 怎么了 |
[18:26] | He work the train station, too, Valentino? | 他也在车站找活儿吗 瓦伦蒂诺 |
[18:28] | You mean, is he hooking? Take a guess, Chico. | 你说他在这儿卖吗 你说呢 伙计 |
[18:31] | When did you see him last? | 你最后见他是什么时候 |
[18:33] | Earlier tonight. I don’t know. | 今晚早些时候吧 记不得了 |
[18:34] | Was he with this guy? | 他跟这个人在一起吗 |
[18:36] | I ain’t no snitch. Ask him your own damn self. | 我不会告密的 自己去问他吧 |
[18:39] | Look, we think this guy abducted your buddy. | 听着 我们认为这个人绑架了你的朋友 |
[18:42] | We think he might kill him. | 我们认为他可能会杀他 |
[18:43] | So, from where we’re standing, Chico, you got two options. | 所以在我们看来 伙计 你有两个选择 |
[18:48] | Talk or take a ride down to the morgue in a few hours. | 要么交待 要么几小时后去认尸 |
[18:50] | Cops… You’re full of more juice than Johns. | 警察 你们比那些嫖客还会撒谎 |
[18:53] | It’s all the same to you, I gotta make a living here. | 对你们来说无所谓 我还得在这儿混呢 |
[18:55] | “The horses in the field.” Does that mean anything to you? | “场地上的马儿” 你知道是什么意思吗 |
[18:59] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[19:00] | Your friend Justin in this. | 你朋友贾斯汀写在遗嘱里的 |
[19:02] | See, this John you’re working so hard to protect? | 你这么拼命保护的这个嫖客 |
[19:05] | He makes his victims write out their own wills | 他逼受害人写临终遗嘱 |
[19:07] | before he kills them. | 然后才杀了他们 |
[19:09] | I saw that guy a few hours ago. | 几小时前我看到了那个人 |
[19:11] | Yeah. What else? | 还有什么 |
[19:15] | Justin was standing right there. | 贾斯汀就站在那儿 |
[19:17] | Talking about horses in the field. | 说场地上的马儿 |
[19:21] | Cheap bastards could turn up the heat in their rides, | 那些小气的混蛋都不肯在车里开热气 |
[19:24] | know what I’m saying? | 懂我意思吗 |
[19:25] | I’m jacking the next one and riding off into the sunset. | 我下次要把车盗走 然后一直开向夕阳 |
[19:28] | Yeah, sure. Two-bit hooker like you, Justin, | 是啊 就你这样的小鸡 贾斯汀 |
[19:31] | you’ll get real far. | 肯定能跑远 |
[19:32] | If I take the back roads, the cops will never catch me, boy. | 如果我走小路 警察肯定找不到我 |
[19:35] | That’s right. Saw it in that movie, Thelma and Louise. | 没错 我从电影里学的 《末路狂花》 |
[19:40] | Those white girls end up flying off the cliff at the end. | 那两个白人姑娘最后飞出悬崖了 |
[19:42] | Is that how you want to blaze out? | 你也想那样吗 |
[19:45] | – Whatever. – You’re tripping. | -随便了 -你磕大了 |
[19:48] | At least I got a plan. | 至少我有个计划 |
[19:50] | You gonna get out of here, is that it? | 你要跑掉吗 是这样吗 |
[19:53] | That’s it. | 没错 |
[19:55] | And go where, mijo? | 那你去哪呢 |
[19:59] | Right here is where you’re at. Don’t you forget it. | 你该待在这儿 别忘了 |
[20:04] | There was this other place. | 还有一个地方 |
[20:07] | My mom brought me there once. When I was a kid. | 我妈曾带我去过 那时我还小 |
[20:11] | There were these horses in a field. | 那片场地上有马儿 |
[20:16] | That’s where I’m going. | 我要去那儿 |
[20:22] | You want to come? | 你要来吗 |
[20:25] | What? | 什么 |
[20:28] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[20:29] | Don’t be scamming my lighter, yo. Give it back. | 别骗我的火 还给我 |
[20:31] | I don’t want your cheap-ass plastic light. | 我才不要你的廉价打火机呢 |
[20:42] | Ask me again. | 再问我一次 |
[20:51] | – Grandpa’s mine. – Yeah. | -老头是我的了 -好 |
[20:53] | – So I’ll catch you later or whatever. – Yeah. Whatever. | -那回头见了 -好啊 |
[21:11] | Rode off into the sunset. That’s all I know. | 开向夕阳 我就知道这么多 |
[21:14] | And this guy was in a green minivan. | 这家伙开辆绿色小货车 |
[21:16] | – You sure about that? – Yeah. | -你确定 -是的 |
[21:18] | Got a look at his license plate, too. | 我还看到了他的车牌 |
[21:20] | W-E-J-8 something. Like “Wedgie.” Whatever, right? | WEJ8什么的 发音像是”女靴” |
[21:25] | Is there anything else you can tell us about Justin? | 你还知道点什么关于贾斯汀的事吗 |
[21:28] | He was a runaway, sick of foster homes. | 他离家出走 不想在寄养家庭待了 |
[21:31] | – On his own since forever. – He had you. | -那之后就一个人闯荡 -他还有你 |
[21:34] | Truth is, I met Justin two weeks ago. | 事实上 我也才认识贾斯汀两周 |
[21:37] | Barely knew the kid. | 根本不了解他 |
[21:44] | You a regular at the train station? | 你经常去火车站吗 |
[21:47] | Hardly. | 很少 |
[21:50] | – Sure about that? – Yeah, positive. | -你确定吗 -是的 |
[21:53] | Because these two kids, you know… | 因为这两个孩子 |
[21:56] | wonderbread suburbs boy, broke-ass nobody. | 家世好的郊区男孩和穷困潦倒的无名小卒 |
[22:02] | – There’s nothing in common, right? – Right. | -他们毫无共同点 -是啊 |
[22:06] | Except… | 但是 |
[22:08] | they’re both 17. | 他们都是17岁 |
[22:13] | It’s a hell of an age, 17. | 真是个好年龄啊 17岁 |
[22:18] | It was raining when you picked him up tonight. | 你今晚找到他的时候下着雨 |
[22:21] | – It was cold out? – Yes, it was very cold. | -外面很冷吧 -是啊 很冷 |
[22:24] | But your car is warm. It’s dry. | 但你车里很暖 很干 |
[22:29] | Justin gets in, he’s shivering. | 贾斯汀上了车 他在打颤 |
[22:33] | Maybe he’s grateful for the warmth, maybe not, | 或许对这份温暖很感激 或许不是 |
[22:36] | all that matters is… | 但是不管怎样 |
[22:39] | he’s this close. | 他就离你这么近 |
[22:41] | You can smell his skin, | 你能闻到他的皮肤 |
[22:46] | his hair, his breath. | 他的头发 他的气息 |
[22:51] | – Anything can happen. – You’re way off base. | -一切都可能发生 -你想错了 |
[22:53] | – You like teenage boys. – That’s not why I picked him… | -你喜欢十几岁的男孩 -我不是因为那个 |
[22:55] | When he begged for his life, what’d you make Justin do? | 他为保命苦苦哀求的时候 你逼他做什么了 |
[22:57] | – That’s not why I picked him! – Then why pick 17-year-olds? | -我不是因为那个 -那为什么选17岁的男孩 |
[23:00] | Because the little bastards think they’ll live forever! | 因为那小混蛋以为他们能永远不死 |
[23:07] | But they won’t. | 但他们不能 |
[23:11] | No. | 是啊 |
[23:13] | You make sure of that. | 你确保他们不能 |
[23:16] | In the end, they give up, too. | 死到临头 他们都会放弃 |
[23:34] | Here. | 就是这儿 |
[23:38] | This is the place. | 就是这里 |
[23:41] | Why do you want to die here? | 你为什么想死在这儿 |
[23:44] | Who cares? | 谁在乎呢 |
[23:48] | You wanted me to pick a place, so I did. | 你要我选个地方 我就选了 |
[23:50] | There has to be a reason. | 肯定是有原因的 |
[23:51] | There’s no reason, okay? | 没有原因 |
[23:55] | What are you waiting for? Do it already. Kill me. | 你还等什么 杀我吧 动手吧 |
[23:59] | I have to know, why here? | 我必须知道 为什么选这里 |
[24:06] | Me and her. | 我和她 |
[24:11] | We rode the horses in this field. | 我在这片场地上骑马 |
[24:14] | Before she got in her car accident. | 后来她出了车祸 |
[24:20] | I was ten. | 我才10岁 |
[24:25] | My mom was all I had in the world. | 我妈是我的唯一 |
[24:30] | And this place? | 这里呢 |
[24:33] | Was where I mattered to somebody once. | 在这里 我曾经是别人的心头肉 |
[24:41] | He’s so alone right now. | 他现在好孤独 |
[24:45] | Out there in the rain. | 在大雨之中 |
[24:50] | If only someone would find him. | 如果有人能找到他就好了 |
[25:00] | Boss wants you. | 老大找你 |
[25:14] | We tracked down his registration | 我们根据瓦伦蒂诺说的车牌 |
[25:16] | off the license plate Valentino gave us. | 查到了他的登记信息 |
[25:17] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[25:18] | John Harding, age 54, | 约翰·哈丁 54岁 |
[25:19] | divorced, father of two, high school teacher. | 离婚 两个孩子 高中老师 |
[25:22] | Who would’ve thought? | 谁能想到啊 |
[25:22] | Rush and Jeffries are talking with his ex-wife. | 拉什和杰弗里斯在跟他前妻谈话 |
[25:32] | I haven’t talked to my ex-husband in almost a decade. | 我都有近10年没见过我前夫了 |
[25:35] | I can’t help you. I’m sorry. | 我帮不了你 抱歉 |
[25:37] | What about your sons? | 那你儿子呢 |
[25:38] | They were never close with him. | 他们跟他一直不亲近 |
[25:40] | After the divorce, he just stopped coming by. | 离婚之后 他再也不过来了 |
[25:43] | Something else you want to share? | 你还有别的想说吗 |
[25:44] | Not particularly. | 没有了 |
[25:47] | How old are your sons? | 你儿子多大 |
[25:49] | Jack is 16, and Stan is almost 18. Why? | 杰克16 斯坦快18了 怎么了 |
[25:52] | The boy that was killed and the one out there tonight? | 被杀的那个男孩 和现在不知所踪的那个 |
[25:54] | They’re the same age. | 也是这个年纪 |
[25:55] | We’re running out of time, Mrs. Harding. | 我们快没时间了 哈丁太太 |
[26:03] | John called me this morning, said the tremors had started. | 约翰今早打来电话 说他又开始颤抖了 |
[26:06] | – Tremors? – He said his time was limited. | -颤抖 -说他快没时间了 |
[26:09] | The tremors signaled the beginning of the end for him. | 颤抖意味着他快要完了 |
[26:12] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[26:14] | He didn’t tell you? | 他没说吗 |
[26:18] | John has M.S. Multiple sclerosis. | 约翰有MS 多发性硬化症 |
[26:22] | My ex-husband is dying. | 我前夫要死了 |
[26:34] | Multiple sclerosis. | 多发性硬化症 |
[26:36] | Your muscles atrophy, you go blind, weak. | 你的肌肉萎缩 逐渐失明 变虚弱 |
[26:38] | It can take years until your mind’s trapped in a near-dead body. | 你会在数年中头脑清醒地困在将死的身体里 |
[26:43] | That’s why you bury them alive. | 所以你活埋他们 |
[26:47] | You want to see them die, slowly, the way you’re dying. | 你要看着他们慢慢死去 像你一样死去 |
[26:50] | You may be right. | 你或许是对的 |
[26:51] | The five stages of death, you weren’t talking about your victims, | 死亡的五个阶段 你不是在说那两个受害人 |
[26:53] | you were talking about yourself. | 你说的是你自己 |
[26:55] | Diagnosed 26 years ago, | 26年前被诊断出来 |
[26:57] | the same year Steve Jablonski goes missing. | 也是史蒂夫·雅布隆斯基失踪的那年 |
[27:01] | Then you go into remission, think you got it beat. | 然后你的症状缓解了 你以为你战胜了病魔 |
[27:02] | One day your hands are shaking… | 有一天你的手又开始颤抖了 |
[27:05] | and you know it beat you. | 你知道病魔还是战胜了你 |
[27:09] | I see you met my ex-wife. | 看来你们见过我前妻了 |
[27:10] | You tell her about your M.S. when you got married? | 结婚时你告诉她你有这病了吗 |
[27:14] | Didn’t think so. | 我就猜你没有 |
[27:16] | When did she find out? | 她什么时候知道的 |
[27:18] | When our first son was born. | 我们第一个儿子出生的时候 |
[27:20] | Husband diagnosed with a terminal disease. | 丈夫被诊断出患有绝症 |
[27:23] | She’d be a monster if she dumped you, so she stayed. | 如果她离开你就太坏了 所以她守着你 |
[27:27] | Made do. | 将就度日 |
[27:29] | Settled. | 安心生活 |
[27:31] | Must’ve been lonely, you dying, seeing that pity in her eyes. | 肯定很孤独吧 你慢慢死去 看着她可怜你 |
[27:35] | – She never pitied me. – No. | -她从没可怜过我 -是啊 |
[27:39] | She just pretended to still love you. | 她只是假装还爱着你 |
[27:42] | Takes something out of you, pretending. | 那种假装会夺去你的一些东西 |
[27:45] | You never get it back. | 你再也找不回来 |
[27:47] | The years go by, and one day you wake up, and… | 一年又一年 有一天你醒来 |
[27:53] | you’re both strangers. | 你们已形同陌路 |
[27:57] | And alone. | 孤身一人 |
[27:58] | And that’s why you picked Steve. Because he was young, | 所以你才选中了史蒂夫 因为他年轻 |
[28:01] | on top of the world, the way you once were. | 正是人生得意的时候 就像你曾经那样 |
[28:04] | And Justin… | 还有贾斯汀 |
[28:06] | he’s who you are now. Alone, afraid. | 他是你现在的样子 孤独 害怕 |
[28:13] | Do you ever wonder… | 你有没有想过 |
[28:17] | what it must be like… | 那会是种什么感受 |
[28:21] | alone in the ground, | 一个人被埋在地下 |
[28:26] | no going back? | 无法回到从前了 |
[28:28] | The final stage. | 最后的阶段 |
[28:31] | Finally… | 终于 |
[28:34] | having to accept… | 不得不接受了 |
[28:42] | Remember… | 记得 |
[28:44] | the horses in the field? | 那片场地上的马儿吗 |
[28:49] | Maybe we’ll meet there someday. | 或许我们有一天会在那儿相见 |
[28:54] | Will you make sure that Valentino gets it? | 你能确保瓦伦蒂诺拿到这个吗 |
[28:57] | I will. | 能 |
[29:01] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[29:02] | No. | 没 |
[29:05] | Not yet. | 还没呢 |
[29:08] | It’s so cold. | 好冷啊 |
[29:11] | I can’t stop shaking. | 我止不住颤抖 |
[29:14] | It’s gonna be okay. | 没事的 |
[29:18] | Will it hurt? | 会疼吗 |
[29:20] | After a while, it’s just… | 过了一段时间 |
[29:22] | quiet, still. | 会变得平静 安宁 |
[29:26] | Like falling asleep. | 就像睡着了 |
[29:29] | I want things to be… | 我也希望能 |
[29:32] | still. | 得到安宁 |
[29:36] | There are so many things I should have done, | 有好多事我本该去做 |
[29:39] | I should have said. | 好多话我本该说出来 |
[29:42] | I should have asked Valentino one more time. | 我该再问瓦伦蒂诺一次 |
[29:45] | Asked him what? | 问他什么 |
[29:49] | Do you want to come? | 你愿一起来吗 |
[29:55] | You ready, Justin? | 准备好了吗 贾斯汀 |
[29:58] | If I see my mom in heaven, do you think she’ll remember me? | 如果我在天堂见到我妈 她会记得我吗 |
[30:24] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[30:27] | The music. | 那音乐 |
[30:30] | Can you hear? | 听见了吗 |
[30:35] | The horses in the field. | 场地上的马儿 |
[30:37] | That was the music playing. | 是他们的音乐 |
[30:42] | I remember that music. | 我记得那音乐 |
[30:52] | I’m ready now. | 我现在准备好了 |
[30:59] | I think, in the end… | 我想到最后 |
[31:03] | he accepted. | 他接受了 |
[31:06] | Is that where Justin is? In that field? | 贾斯汀就在那片场地上吗 |
[31:11] | Tell us where. | 告诉我们在哪里 |
[31:17] | It’s too late for him. | 对他来说太晚了 |
[31:22] | For me. | 对我也是 |
[31:26] | There’s a point you have to accept like Justin did… | 到了一定时候 你得像贾斯汀那样接受 |
[31:34] | that it’s over. | 生命已经走到尽头 |
[31:40] | We know he buries them where they ask. | 我们知道他按他们的要求选活埋的地方 |
[31:42] | Someplace important to them. | 是对他们很重要的地方 |
[31:44] | For Steve, it was where he hit his first home run. | 史蒂夫选了他第一次打出全垒打的地方 |
[31:46] | For Justin, the field he rode horses with his mom. | 贾斯汀选了跟他妈一起骑马的地方 |
[31:49] | Same field where he said music was playing. | 他说那里有音乐 |
[31:51] | Music, horses… that’s a weird combination. | 音乐 马儿 真是奇怪的组合 |
[31:54] | Whatever Justin had in his locker had to be important to him. | 贾斯汀储物柜里的东西一定对他很重要 |
[31:56] | – Significant somehow. – There’s nothing here but junk. | -有某种意义 -这些都是垃圾 |
[32:01] | Tickets like you’d find at a fairground. | 这票是游乐场里面的 |
[32:04] | So… | 那么 |
[32:07] | Horses, music, fair, tickets. | 马儿 音乐 游乐园 票 |
[32:12] | – Merry-go-round. – How many are there in Philly? | -旋转木马 -费城有几个旋转木马 |
[32:15] | I know a few. Veronica makes me take her. | 我知道几个 薇络妮卡逼我带她去 |
[32:17] | You remember where? | 你记得在哪吗 |
[32:20] | Germantown, corner of Lombardy and, uh, damn. | 日耳曼敦 伦巴第和… 该死 |
[32:24] | Fourth street. | 4街街口 |
[32:25] | Need a unit at Lombardy and fourth right away. | 立刻派一队人去伦巴第和4街街口 |
[32:27] | Oh, there’s another one down near the docks. | 码头旁还有一个 |
[32:28] | The water. Can’t bury him there. | 那里是海 不可能埋在那儿 |
[32:30] | – What’s the next one? – There’s 20 fairgrounds, and counting. | -还哪里有 -有20多个游乐场呢 |
[32:32] | – We got to narrow it down. – How? | -我们得缩小范围 -怎么缩小 |
[32:35] | He’s gone through all the stages of dying except one. | 他经历了所有阶段 只除了一个 |
[32:38] | He needs someone to be there | 他需要有人陪伴 |
[32:40] | like he was there for Steve, for Justin. | 就像他在史蒂夫 贾斯汀身边 |
[32:42] | That’s why he came in tonight. | 所以他今晚才会来 |
[32:44] | The last stage : Acceptance. | 最后的阶段 接受 |
[32:48] | He needs to do one more thing before he can accept. | 他接受之前 还有一件事必须做 |
[32:58] | It finally stopped. | 终于停了 |
[33:01] | The rain. | 大雨 |
[33:03] | Did it? | 是吗 |
[33:07] | You read about me in the papers. | 你在报纸上读到了我 |
[33:10] | You know I was almost shot. | 你知道我差点中枪 |
[33:12] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[33:15] | Almost died. | 差点死了 |
[33:17] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[33:19] | You killed him first. | 你先杀了他 |
[33:24] | That’s why I hate the rain. | 所以我才讨厌下雨 |
[33:29] | The quiet it brings. | 是讨厌那份安静 |
[33:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:36] | Because that’s what it was like inside my head | 因为我脑海里就是那样 |
[33:39] | right before I pulled the trigger. | 我扣动扳机前就是那样的安静 |
[33:43] | They say you see the moments of your life right before you die. | 据说你死前会看到你生命中的各个片段 |
[33:50] | No. | 不 |
[33:54] | Just one moment. | 只有一个片段 |
[33:58] | Like Steve did. | 就像史蒂夫 |
[34:00] | Justin. | 贾斯汀 |
[34:04] | And, after, I think you’re ready to say good-bye. | 我想在那之后 你也准备告别了 |
[34:13] | Why are you here, John? | 你为什么要来 约翰 |
[34:20] | I already told you. | 我已经说了 |
[34:24] | In this room, people tell me all sorts of things. | 在这间屋里 人们跟我说了很多事 |
[34:29] | You can, too. | 你也行 |
[34:31] | And I’ll listen and not leave you, | 我会听你说 不会离开你 |
[34:33] | like everyone else has left you. | 不会像其他人弃你而去 |
[34:36] | – To die alone. – Like those boys died? | -让你孤独地死去 -就像那两个男孩吗 |
[34:39] | How you must hate them. | 你一定很恨他们 |
[34:41] | Steve, Justin. | 史蒂夫 贾斯汀 |
[34:46] | So young. | 那么年轻 |
[34:48] | Their lives just starting. | 他们的生命刚刚开始 |
[34:50] | They get into cars with strangers | 他们上了陌生人的车 |
[34:52] | and believe they’ll live forever. | 还觉得自己能永远不死 |
[34:53] | You think that’s a crime? | 你觉得那是罪过吗 |
[34:54] | It is because they won’t. | 没错 因为他们终有一死 |
[34:56] | They should know that and not be disappointed later. | 他们早该知道 免得日后失望 |
[34:59] | Like you once were. | 就像你那样 |
[35:01] | I’ve been dying for 26 years. I never believed. | 26年来我一直在死亡边缘 我从不相信 |
[35:04] | Didn’t you? | 是吗 |
[35:08] | And I’d give anything to never have walked into that attic. | 我愿意付出一切 只求我没有走进那个阁楼 |
[35:13] | Never looked down the barrel of his gun. | 没有看着他的枪口 |
[35:16] | So I could still believe that I’d live forever. | 我就会相信我能永远不死 |
[35:23] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[35:27] | No. | 不 |
[35:29] | It’s the most beautiful thing we’ll ever do. | 那是我们做的最美的事 |
[35:34] | Believing that. | 拥有那样的信念 |
[35:36] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[35:38] | I do. | 我记得 |
[35:44] | Wintertime… | 冬天的时候 |
[35:47] | alone on the street… | 独自走在街上 |
[35:50] | learning to ride my bike. | 学着骑车 |
[35:54] | It’s almost dark. | 都要天黑了 |
[35:57] | I remember the wind in my face, | 我记得风吹在我脸上 |
[36:01] | and closing my eyes, | 我闭上眼睛 |
[36:03] | and suddenly I’m flying. | 觉得自己飞起来了 |
[36:10] | You don’t hate them because they believe they’ll live forever. | 你恨他们不是因为他们相信自己永远不会死 |
[36:14] | You hate them | 你恨他们 |
[36:17] | because we once did, too. | 是因为我们也曾有那样的信念 |
[36:25] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[36:29] | Swimming in the river… | 在河里游泳 |
[36:34] | my friends… | 我的朋友们 |
[36:38] | dared me to jump from the bridge. | 问我敢不敢跳下桥 |
[36:44] | It was a hundred foot fall. | 那足有100英尺高 |
[36:47] | Did you? Did you jump? | 你跳了吗 |
[36:54] | I was 17. | 我才17岁 |
[36:59] | Immortal. | 永生不死 |
[37:03] | Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳下去 跳下去 |
[37:05] | Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳下去 跳下去 |
[37:07] | Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳下去 跳下去 |
[37:09] | Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳下去 跳下去 |
[37:11] | Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳下去 跳下去 |
[37:13] | Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳下去 跳下去 |
[37:15] | Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳下去 跳下去 |
[37:17] | Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳下去 跳下去 |
[38:10] | You believed when you jumped. | 你跳的时候相信你不会死 |
[38:13] | So did Steve. | 史蒂夫也是 |
[38:16] | And Justin. | 贾斯汀也是 |
[38:19] | If only for a moment. | 哪怕只有那么一刻 |
[38:21] | You could have died jumping off that bridge. | 你跳下桥本可能会死 |
[38:23] | But I lived. | 但我活下来了 |
[38:28] | Let him live, too. | 也让他活下去吧 |
[38:38] | 歌曲:”You And Me” 歌手:Lifehouse |