时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, | 十 九 八 七 六 |
[00:14] | 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 | 五 四 三 二 一 |
[00:21] | OK, everyone! | 好了 大伙儿 |
[00:22] | The final score for Lionstaff initial public offering, | 集智首次公开募股的最终结果 |
[00:26] | opening price 11 dollars a share, closing price 31! | 开盘价每股11美元 收盘价每股31美元 |
[00:34] | Gentlemen, you’re officially rich | 先生们 你们都发财了 |
[00:37] | so this is the last free pizza you’re getting on me. | 所以这是我最后一次请你们吃披萨了 |
[00:40] | Scott, 31, that’s like 15 million. | 斯考特 31元啊 差不多是1500万美元 |
[00:44] | For the company, how much is it to me personally? | 那是公司的钱 我挣了多少 |
[00:46] | I don’t know Midas, enough. | 我不知道 迈达斯 很多了 |
[00:48] | Scott, Amy, you kids, we did it! | 斯考特 艾米 我们成功了 |
[00:51] | And the guys at the club said that text stocks are over. | 我们俱乐部那些人还说纸料没前途了 |
[00:54] | Well youth is the future, and they’re old. | 年轻才有前途 他们都老了 |
[00:57] | We’re glad you’re pleased. | 你满意我们很高兴 |
[00:58] | Pleased? I’m ready to party, | 满意 我都要开心死了 |
[01:00] | – you got something set up for after? – Mr. Coleman, | -你们安排什么庆祝会了吗 -科尔曼先生 |
[01:01] | – the brokers are asking for a picture with you. – Sure. | -经纪人要求跟你合照 -好的 |
[01:04] | Not with us? | 不跟我们合照吗 |
[01:06] | If you really want your picture taken dressed like that. | 如果你们真想穿成这样跟人照相的话 |
[01:13] | Don’t worry. Lionstaff will help you. | 别担心 集智会对你有帮助的 |
[01:16] | It’s not just a draw for money. | 它不仅能吸引资金 |
[01:18] | Thanks, but that’s not it. | 谢谢 但我不是为这个 |
[01:21] | Then what? | 那是什么 |
[01:23] | It’s all in paper, it’s not real yet. | 那还都在纸上呢 不是真的 |
[01:26] | To be worried at a time like this takes a special kind of person. | 这种时候还能担心的人真是够特别了 |
[01:32] | – No, I’m happy. – Yeah? | -不 我很开心 -是吗 |
[01:34] | Yeah, I really am. | 嗯 我真的很开心 |
[02:22] | I think finally the public schools are doing something right | 我还想公立学校终于办件像样的事了 |
[02:25] | and then this. | 却出了这种事 |
[02:26] | Just a sec, it’s loading. | 稍等 在加载呢 |
[02:28] | And what is it your boy found, exactly? | 你儿子究竟发现了什么 |
[02:30] | Death threats in a document on the computer. | 电脑上的一份文件里有死亡威胁 |
[02:32] | Donated to the school. | 电脑是捐给学校的 |
[02:34] | I found it on the harddrive. | 我在硬盘上找到的 |
[02:36] | I was recovering it for extra credit. | 我恢复了数据想挣额外的学分 |
[02:37] | Sounds like you’re good at this. | 听上去你对电脑很在行啊 |
[02:39] | Nah. I just can’t do PE. | 一般吧 我就是体育不好 |
[02:42] | It’s up. You can look. | 好了 你们可以看了 |
[02:44] | Entries are dated, looks like a diary. | 每一条都有日期 貌似是日记 |
[02:46] | Or it could be just a prank. | 或许就是个恶作剧呢 |
[02:48] | That’s what I thought. | 我起初也这么想的 |
[02:50] | But then I looked up the name. | 但后来我去查了名字 |
[02:53] | Amy Lind’s an actual person. | 艾米·林德是个真人 |
[02:55] | Who’s like, actually dead. | 而且她真的死了 |
[03:01] | Poison shuts her eyes, | 毒药让她闭上眼睛 |
[03:03] | poison stops her tongue, | 毒药让她住了嘴 |
[03:05] | poison stops her ghasty heart. | 毒药停止了她”可爬”的心 |
[03:08] | – Ghasty? – Writer don’t wanna break the flow | -“可爬” -或许写的人正在兴头上 |
[03:11] | and run spellcheck. | 不想检查拼写错误 |
[03:13] | Goodybe to hell Amy Lind. | 下地狱去吧 艾米·林德 |
[03:15] | Dies of a heart attack, 24 years old. | 24岁就死于心脏病发 |
[03:18] | Poison stops her heart. | 毒药停止了她的心 |
[03:21] | You can take it from here? | 后面的事不需要我们了吧 |
[03:24] | – Come on. – They could need me. | -走吧 -或许他们还需要我呢 |
[03:26] | It’s good work, | 你干得真棒 |
[03:27] | we got any questions we’ll let you know. | 如果我们有问题会去找你的 |
[03:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:37] | 24’s pretty young to have a bad ticker. | 24岁就心脏病发未免太早了 |
[03:39] | Yeah, I guess it happens but so does poison. | 不幸也时有发生 不过下毒也是 |
[03:42] | Well let’s find this writer who hated Amy so much. | 我们查查这个对艾米恨之入骨的日记主人 |
[03:45] | See if he went from diarist to doer. | 看看他是不是把日记变成现实了 |
[04:28] | – Mayes, ‘ssup? – Hey, Scotty. | -梅斯 你好啊 -史考特 |
[04:33] | – Mia Fernandez called me. – I know. | -米娅·费南德兹叫我来的 -我知道 |
[04:35] | I asked if I could catch you out here. | 我问她是不是能在这里找到你 |
[04:39] | – OK. – We gave it some thought before reaching out to you, | -好吧 -我们来找你之前认真考虑过了 |
[04:41] | – didn’t wanna stir things up. – What happened? | -不想没事折腾你 -怎么回事 |
[04:43] | Um, we had an incident on the bridge this morning. | 今早在桥上发生了一起事故 |
[04:48] | Guy threw a girl into the Schuylkill. | 有个人把一个女孩扔进了斯古吉尔河 |
[04:54] | – She died? – In ICU. Busted up pretty bad. | -她死了吗 -死在了重症监护室 伤得不轻 |
[04:58] | Washed up near the same spot as Elisa. | 尸体冲上岸的地方跟伊莉莎一样 |
[05:01] | You’re thinking this is a serial thing with him? | 你觉得他是多次作案吗 |
[05:03] | – Don’t know yet. – But it was the same spot as her? | -还不知道 -但是跟她一样的地方 |
[05:08] | Figured you’d want your shot at this guy when you came in. | 我觉得他被带进来后 你会想审审他 |
[05:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:12] | Probably tommorrow sometime? | 或许明天吧 |
[05:15] | What’s his name? I’ll read up. | 他叫什么 我先去查查他 |
[05:16] | Dante Catches. | 但丁·卡切斯 |
[05:22] | I figured…this would be the way. | 我之前就觉得会这样 |
[05:28] | Sit tight, something about Elisa would come out. | 静静等着 伊莉莎的案子自然会有眉目 |
[05:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:36] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[05:42] | Thanks, again. | 谢谢了 |
[05:46] | Amy Lind died 2 days after the last entry in the diary. | 最后一则日记后两天 艾米·林德就死了 |
[05:50] | Did the computer unit have any luck with it? | 电脑部查到什么了吗 |
[05:52] | Can’t ID a writer but it came from an Internet company. | 无法查证日记主人 但它是一家网络公司捐赠的 |
[05:54] | – Lionstaff. – That the start-up Amy worked at? | -集智 -是艾米工作的那家新公司吗 |
[05:57] | Oh not just worked at, created | 不只是工作 她创办了那里 |
[05:59] | with fellow Wharton grad Scott Sawyer, | 和沃顿商学院的同学斯考特·索耶 |
[06:01] | they were co-CEOs. | 共同担任执行总裁 |
[06:03] | Nice timing they had. | 他们的时机真好 |
[06:05] | Got their MBAs in ’97, started their company in ’98. | 97年拿到工商管理硕士 98年就创立了公司 |
[06:08] | IPOed December ’98, peak of the dot com boom. | 98年12月首次公开募股 达到鼎盛时期 |
[06:12] | Try bubble, Nick. | 可经不起考验 尼克 |
[06:13] | They’re sure cop top of the world for two months | 经过两个月的繁荣 |
[06:15] | then quick slide in to nothing. | 就迅速衰落到一无所有 |
[06:17] | Amy dies in May, just before they close their doors. | 艾米死于五月 随后公司关门大吉 |
[06:21] | Now how does the coroner explain heart failure at 24? | 验尸官怎么解释24岁就心脏病发呢 |
[06:24] | Stress induced. | 说是由压力诱发 |
[06:25] | The company was losing 200,000 dollars a day. | 他们公司每日亏损20万元 |
[06:29] | How about drugs? | 毒品呢 |
[06:30] | Not in her system | 她体内没有 |
[06:32] | but standard autopsy doesn’t test for poison. | 但是一般尸检不会查毒药 |
[06:34] | Our diarist’s method of choice. | 下毒是日记主人的选择 |
[06:36] | All right, start with Scott, Amy’s partner | 先从艾米搭档 斯考特入手 |
[06:38] | he can tell you who was on the computers. | 他会知道都谁使用了那些电脑 |
[06:40] | Other angle is the poison. | 另一方面查下毒 |
[06:42] | Meaning exhume the body, test again? | 或许开棺验尸 再做尸检 |
[06:45] | Need family’s permission. | 那需要家人同意 |
[06:46] | Um, there’s a sister. | 有个姐姐 |
[06:48] | A Laura. Local. | 叫劳拉 就在本地 |
[06:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:56] | You have my permission, sure, whatever you need to do. | 我同意你们做任何你们要做的 |
[06:59] | Well it’s likely with a new autopsy we’ll get new information. | 这一次尸检很可能会给我们新的信息 |
[07:03] | You really think someone poisoned her? | 你们真的认为有人毒死了她 |
[07:05] | Someone sure wrote about it. | 至少有人这么写了 |
[07:07] | Was there anyone at her office she had a problem with? | 她在办公室里跟谁有矛盾吗 |
[07:09] | I wouldn’t know. | 有我也不知道 |
[07:11] | She was living here | 她虽然住在这里 |
[07:12] | but after she and Scott got the venture capital money, | 但她跟斯考特拿到风险投资的钱后 |
[07:14] | I almost never saw her. | 我几乎都见不着她 |
[07:16] | Business took up all of her time? | 忙于生意吗 |
[07:17] | She worked late every night, went rowing every morning. | 她每晚工作到很晚 每天早上去划船 |
[07:21] | If I saw her, she was asleep right there. | 如果我看见她 她肯定是睡在那里 |
[07:25] | Couch surfing, she called it. | 她管那叫沙发冲浪 |
[07:28] | What about this Scott? | 这个斯考特呢 |
[07:29] | Were they involved at all? | 他们有什么暧昧吗 |
[07:32] | I don’t think Amy would have said no | 我想艾米或许不会拒绝他 |
[07:34] | but Scott liked them busty and adoring. | 但斯考特喜欢崇拜他的大波妹子 |
[07:37] | – That wasn’t Amy. – So strictly business? | -艾米可不是那样 -那就只是合作伙伴 |
[07:41] | She said they made the perfect team. | 她说他们是完美的搭档 |
[07:44] | Scott had the flash, got the attention, | 斯考特很抢眼 惹人瞩目 |
[07:47] | Amy knew how to close a deal. | 艾米会谈生意 |
[07:49] | Ever see the two of them in action? | 见过他们真正谈生意吗 |
[07:51] | I was here when they first got funded. | 他们得到资助时我就在场 |
[07:53] | Their whole world changed in a day. | 他们的世界都在那天改变了 |
[07:59] | Well, interesting idea | 有趣的想法 |
[08:02] | but how are you gonna make it work exactly? | 但是你们究竟要怎么执行 |
[08:06] | Two Wharton graduates, Suma Kum Ladi, | 我们是以全班最好成绩从沃顿毕业的 |
[08:08] | we’ll find a way. | 自然有办法 |
[08:10] | Good packaging, I admit but it’s not really an answer. | 挺会推销自己 但这不是回答 |
[08:16] | It’s 3 am, your child’s having a seizure, | 现在是凌晨三点 你的孩子癫痫发作 |
[08:19] | you’re speaking gibberish, you need help. | 你话都说不清了 你需要帮助 |
[08:22] | You go online. What’s happening with this boy? | 你上网搜索 这孩子到底是怎么了 |
[08:26] | – And there we are. – Lionstaff. | -我们就会出手相助 -集智 |
[08:29] | Type in the symptoms, get answers in a matter of seconds. | 输入他的症状 几秒之内就能得到解答 |
[08:32] | And instructions, how to help him. | 还有指导 教你帮助他 |
[08:35] | It’s a lofty goal, helping people. | 很崇高啊 帮助他人 |
[08:37] | And a sound business idea. | 也是绝佳的商业机会 |
[08:39] | The users will be desperate. Desperate people pay. | 用户都是绝望的人 绝望的人会付钱的 |
[08:47] | Well, I gotta tell you, when I was your age, | 我得说 我像你这么大的时候 |
[08:51] | the only thing I had going on in my garage was band. | 我唯一在车库里捣鼓的就是乐队 |
[08:57] | Whatd’ya think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[09:00] | – I’m in. – How much? | -我加入 -多少钱 |
[09:04] | How’s a million sound? | 一百万怎么样 |
[09:15] | After that they rented the office and she was pretty much gone. | 之后他们租了办公室 她就不怎么着家了 |
[09:20] | – But she kept living here? – Yes. | -但她还住这儿 -是的 |
[09:23] | Eating ramen. | 还吃拉面 |
[09:25] | I told her ‘Honey, you’re a millionare, | 我说 亲爱的 你都成百万富翁了 |
[09:26] | if I were you I’d be setting up house on the Main Line.’ | 换了我 就会去干线区买房子 |
[09:30] | Sounds like a tough lady. | 听上去很厉害啊 |
[09:31] | Desperate people and all. | 赚绝望的人的钱什么的 |
[09:33] | No. | 不 |
[09:35] | You should understand the reason Amy wanted this company. | 你们要明白艾米创建这个公司的原因 |
[09:40] | We had a brother, Gage, | 我们有个弟弟 盖奇 |
[09:42] | he died just before he turned 10. | 他不到十岁时去世了 |
[09:44] | The pictures on the table. | 桌上的那张照片 |
[09:47] | When she talked about being online in 3 in the morning | 她说什么凌晨三点上网的事 |
[09:50] | she was talking about herself. | 那是她自己 |
[09:55] | You saying Amy didn’t have a heart attack? | 你们是说艾米不是心脏病发吗 |
[09:57] | She did but someone might have helped her along. | 她是心脏病发 但可能有人帮了她一把 |
[10:01] | I guess anything’s possible. | 或许这也有可能 |
[10:03] | – Those days were crazy. – How so? | -那个时候很疯狂 -怎么说 |
[10:06] | You’re 24, too young to rent a car. | 24岁 租车都不到年纪 |
[10:08] | You can’t imagine being a multimillionare. | 无法想象成为百万富翁 |
[10:11] | Can’t imagine your friends would die. | 无法想象你的朋友会死 |
[10:12] | Yeah but you are and they do. | 可这两样的确都发生了 |
[10:14] | And you lose it all. | 然后你又失去了一切 |
[10:17] | It was a wild ride. | 当时的确很疯狂 |
[10:19] | And I was lucky. | 我很幸运 |
[10:21] | Couldn’t have taken it without her. | 如果没有她 我肯定做不成 |
[10:22] | No? | 是吗 |
[10:25] | Amy had the ideas. | 主意都是艾米出的 |
[10:27] | I did the dog and pony show, she did the headwork. | 我在那里作秀 她出谋划策 |
[10:30] | Anyone around who felt different? | 有谁不是这么想的吗 |
[10:32] | You mean did she have enemies? | 你是问有谁与她为敌吗 |
[10:35] | Yeah. We called them employees. | 有啊 那叫员工 |
[10:47] | – Malvender has something he’d like to discuss. – OK. | -马尔文德有事找你商量 -好啊 |
[10:50] | He came to me, I told him he had to talk to both of us. | 他来找我 我说这事得跟我们两人商量 |
[10:54] | Go on, Mal. | 说啊 马尔 |
[10:55] | I want to be made partner. | 我想做合伙人 |
[10:57] | – Partner? – I’m building your system. | -合伙人 -我在给你们建系统 |
[10:59] | Without me you have no business. | 没有我 你们做不了生意 |
[11:01] | Well, your work has been really creative. | 你的工作的确很有创意 |
[11:05] | – It sure has. – Thank you. | -没错 绝对的 -谢谢 |
[11:07] | But Scott and I started the business. It’s ours. | 但这是我和斯考特创立的公司 这是我们的 |
[11:11] | – So I don’t matter? – You do. | -那我就无关紧要吗 -你当然要紧 |
[11:13] | That’s why you pull a big salary. | 所以我们才付你高薪酬 |
[11:17] | Sorry. Guess it’s no can do. | 抱歉 看来不行啊 |
[11:21] | Well can we revisit this later? | 这事还有商量的余地吗 |
[11:22] | There are only two partners of Lionstaff, | 集智只有两名合伙人 |
[11:25] | Scott and me. | 我和斯考特 |
[11:27] | I get the picture. | 我懂了 |
[11:29] | Ghasty, idiot woman. | 可爬 愚蠢的女人 |
[11:34] | I admit, I leaned on her for the bad cop stuff. | 我承认 唱白脸的事我都让她做 |
[11:38] | Don’t enjoy saying no. | 我不喜欢拒绝别人 |
[11:39] | That word Malvender used. Ghasty? | 马尔文德用的那个词 可爬 |
[11:42] | Hindi. For whore. | 是印地语 意思是婊子 |
[11:46] | We learned a few variations. | 我们还听到过其他类似的 |
[11:48] | Malvender sounds like an angry guy. | 马尔文德似乎很愤恨啊 |
[11:50] | And he sounds like her diarist. | 口气也跟日记的主人相同 |
[12:01] | Poison stops here ghasty heart. Recognize that? | 毒药停止了她”可爬”的心 有印象吗 |
[12:05] | – Key word there, ghasty. – What is this? | -关键词是 可爬 -这是什么 |
[12:08] | It came off a computer from Lionstaff. 1999. | 1999年集智一台电脑里面的 |
[12:12] | So because it’s a Hindi word I must have written it? | 因为这是印地词 就一定是我写的吗 |
[12:14] | – Did you? – No. | -是你写的吗 -不是 |
[12:16] | So how come it sounds like you? | 那怎么和你口气一样 |
[12:19] | Everyone in that office picked up my swear words. | 那个办公室的人都学我骂人的话 |
[12:21] | Yeah but you had a real beef with Amy. | 但你才跟艾米有矛盾 |
[12:23] | You wanted to be made partner. She said no. | 你想当合伙人 被她拒绝了 |
[12:26] | Hard on you? | 很难受吧 |
[12:27] | Having a woman turn you down? | 被一个女人拒绝 |
[12:30] | That whole time was hard for me. | 那段日子我就一直很艰难 |
[12:32] | New country, no friends, trying to send money home. | 搬来新的国家 没有朋友 尽量寄钱回家 |
[12:35] | My behaviour wasn’t too graceful. But not this. | 我或许不太客气 但也不至如此 |
[12:40] | So you didn’t carry a grudge? Not for her shutting you down? | 那她拒绝你的事 你没有怀恨在心吗 |
[12:44] | I was lucky not to get caught between her and Scott. | 我没有夹在她和斯考特之间算是幸运了 |
[12:47] | I thought they were friends. | 他们不是朋友吗 |
[12:49] | Started that way. | 起初是那样的 |
[12:51] | When the big money came, war. | 但一赚到大钱 就打起来了 |
[12:55] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[12:57] | You bought a Ferrari? | 你买了辆法拉利 |
[12:59] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[13:00] | – In crab oil? – Scott. | -要吃蟹肉吗 -斯考特 |
[13:01] | They way you’re spending, we can’t afford any set backs. | 你这么花钱 如果我们受挫就无法补救了 |
[13:04] | I don’t plan on any. | 我没打算受挫 |
[13:06] | And I have a great new idea for us. | 而且我想到了一个好主意 |
[13:08] | – What’s that? – Superbowl ad. | -什么 -在超级杯上做广告 |
[13:11] | A million five for 30 seconds. | 花150万买30秒的广告 |
[13:14] | A million five is more than we started with. | 150万比我们的启动资金还多 |
[13:16] | And we’ve grown. I have a good feeling about this. | 可我们发展壮大了 我觉得这事靠谱 |
[13:20] | – We’re not doing it Scott. – Too late. | -不行 斯考特 -太晚了 |
[13:24] | It’s done. | 我已经做了 |
[13:30] | Beginning of the fireworks. | 那是摩擦的开始 |
[13:31] | So he made a million dollar decision without her? | 他擅作主张 花掉了一百多万 |
[13:34] | And it was a flop. | 而且没成功 |
[13:35] | No tickers from the ad? | 广告没能招商吗 |
[13:37] | We got lots of hits but zero business. | 很多人来点击 但是没有生意 |
[13:39] | Suddenly we’re 3 million in the hole. | 我们突然就负债三百万 |
[13:42] | No wonder she was mythed. | 怨不得她生气呢 |
[13:44] | That’s when the business started to slide. | 那之后生意就开始下滑了 |
[13:46] | Throw downs between Scott and Amy, they escalate? | 斯考特和艾米之间的矛盾加剧了吗 |
[13:49] | Into silence. Like a shout. | 变成了沉默 就像怒吼 |
[13:55] | Scott said he and Amy were friends. | 斯考特说他和艾米是朋友 |
[13:58] | Opposite was true according to this Malvender dude. | 可这个马尔文德说根本不是这样 |
[14:00] | Let me guess, they fell out over money. | 我猜猜 他们为钱的事闹翻了 |
[14:02] | Not that Scott told us that. | 斯考特却没说 |
[14:03] | Sounds like a reinterview. | 看来要再去找他了 |
[14:05] | News from the ME. | 验尸官发来消息了 |
[14:06] | Amy’s body had 8 times the normal level of potassium chloride. | 艾米的尸体内含有八倍于常量的氯化钾 |
[14:10] | That a poison? | 那是毒药吗 |
[14:11] | Not normally but a high enough dose induces heart attack. | 一般不是 但剂量足够高会诱发心脏病发 |
[14:14] | How was it ingested? | 她是怎么摄入的 |
[14:16] | Dissolves in water. Kicked in within half an hour. | 溶于水中 半小时后起效 |
[14:18] | So she probably drank it that morning. | 那她或许是那天早上喝下的 |
[14:20] | That points to someone close. | 那就是亲近的人作案 |
[14:22] | New questions for the sister. | 那得再去找她姐姐了 |
[14:26] | New autopsy shows your sister was poisoned, Laura. | 新尸检显示你妹妹是被人下毒 劳拉 |
[14:30] | With potassium chloride. | 用氯化钾 |
[14:33] | But you know what that is, I bet, | 但你肯定知道那是什么 |
[14:35] | being a chemistry teacher and all. | 因为你是化学老师嘛 |
[14:37] | – Yes. – Know who would’ve been with her? | -是啊 -知道那时她会跟谁在一起吗 |
[14:40] | 6:30 that morning? | 早上六点半的时侯 |
[14:42] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[14:43] | Well how about you? | 你呢 |
[14:45] | So we disagreed on how to spend money. | 我们对开销有异议 |
[14:48] | See, you say that like it’s no big deal. | 瞧 你一副不足挂齿的口气 |
[14:50] | In my line of work, | 可我这行里 |
[14:52] | when people fight about money | 有人为钱起争执 |
[14:53] | it usually don’t end too well. | 结局一般都不太好 |
[14:55] | I’m not some street corner thug. | 我不是什么街上的流氓 |
[14:58] | So you got some more refined way of gettin’ what you want? | 那你有更文雅的方式达成目的吗 |
[15:02] | Hands off? | 不用亲自动手 |
[15:04] | Poison maybe? | 或许下毒 |
[15:06] | Why would I want my sister dead? | 我为什么要害我妹妹 |
[15:08] | Hard living next to all that success, none of it being yours. | 这么接近不属于你的成功 一定很难 |
[15:12] | I was proud of her. | 我很为她骄傲 |
[15:13] | Pride can turn to envy on a dime. | 骄傲一不小心也会变成嫉妒 |
[15:17] | After Gage died, Amy was all I had. | 盖奇死后 我就只有艾米了 |
[15:21] | Sisters have to stick together. | 姐妹要互相扶持 |
[15:23] | If not you Laura, then who? | 如果不是你 劳拉 那会是谁呢 |
[15:25] | It’s 6:30 am. | 那是六点半啊 |
[15:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:27] | She row with anyone? | 她跟谁一起划船吗 |
[15:28] | No. | 不 |
[15:30] | The river was her place. | 河是她的静心之处 |
[15:32] | She went there alone. | 她都是自己去 |
[15:34] | No boyfriend, anyone who stayed over? | 没有男友或谁来过夜吗 |
[15:37] | Amy was driven, focused, | 艾米很有干劲 一心干事业 |
[15:39] | it wasn’t attractive to a lot of guys. | 没几个男人喜欢那样的女孩 |
[15:43] | She got a kitten when she moved in. | 她搬来时买了只猫 |
[15:46] | Always joked it was gonna be her, her career and her beloved cats. | 总开玩笑说将来就是事业和心爱的猫与她相伴 |
[15:51] | My true feeling, | 其实我觉得 |
[15:53] | Amy died of a broken heart. | 艾米是伤心而死 |
[15:56] | She never got over Gage. | 盖奇的事她一直过不去 |
[15:58] | Convenient theory for you. | 这说法倒是方便你了 |
[16:00] | We were partners, | 我们是搭档 |
[16:01] | – I wouldn’t profit from hurting her. – No? | -我伤害她有什么好处 -是吗 |
[16:03] | And ultimately we had the same wolf at our door. | 而且说到底 我们有共同的麻烦 |
[16:06] | – That wolf being? – Coleman. | -什么麻烦 -科尔曼 |
[16:10] | After the Superbowl fiasco, | 超级杯血本无归后 |
[16:13] | he rained fire on both our heads. | 他对我们都火力大开 |
[16:28] | I thought you were gonna sell that. | 我以为你会卖掉那个 |
[16:30] | I’m not givin’ up the car. Makes an impression. | 我不能卖掉车啊 得撑面子 |
[16:32] | How are you keeping up payments? Another loan? | 那你要怎么付钱 再去贷款吗 |
[16:36] | Mom. Lay off. | 少管我 老妈 |
[16:38] | Scott! Amy! | 斯考特 艾米 |
[16:41] | I buy that? | 那是我买的吗 |
[16:43] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[16:45] | You’ve just been throwing my money around like confetti, haven’t you? | 你真是把我的钱当彩纸屑扔啊 |
[16:48] | Is this about the ad, Cliff? | 是为了广告的事吗 克里夫 |
[16:50] | You think this is a game? Monopoly? | 你们觉得这是游戏吗 玩大富翁吗 |
[16:52] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[16:53] | I give you a million dollars that I’ve earned | 我把自己挣的一百万给了你们 |
[16:55] | sweating and bleeding and you spend it on cars, watches, sushi. | 我的血汗钱 被你花在车 手表和寿司上 |
[17:00] | Appearences matter. | 门面也很重要 |
[17:01] | Then you get around to an actual business decision | 然后你们真正开始做经营决策 |
[17:05] | and you blow your wad on one ad? | 把钱都在一个广告上打水漂了 |
[17:08] | We thought the exposure was worth the gamble. | 我们认为这个曝光机会值得一试 |
[17:12] | No, no! | 别 别 |
[17:14] | Who’s stupid idea was this? | 那是谁的蠢主意 |
[17:17] | – It was a joint decision. – It was a fiasco. | -是我们俩的共同决定 -是血本无归 |
[17:20] | – We’re sorry. – Let another one get by you, | -我们很抱歉 -你再做出这种蠢事 |
[17:22] | I’ll do worse than this. | 我会做出更狠的事 |
[17:32] | He had a right to be mad but he was psycho mad. | 他的确有权生气 但他简直是疯了 |
[17:36] | Sounds like you ducked for cover and let him blame Amy. | 貌似你做了缩头乌龟让他责备艾米 |
[17:41] | Not exactly me at my best. | 那不是我最佳状态 |
[17:44] | News. | 有新消息了 |
[17:53] | We got some background on Cliff Coleman. | 我们查到了克里夫·科尔曼的一些事 |
[17:55] | Me too. He’s got a rage problem. | 我也是 他有很大火气 |
[17:57] | He also had a rich wife. In ’94 she died of a heart attack. | 他还有个有钱的老婆 94年死于心脏病 |
[18:00] | Like Amy. | 跟艾米一样 |
[18:01] | Plus Coleman has a medical condition, kidneys. | 而且科尔曼的肾脏不好 |
[18:04] | Which is managed by potassium chloride | 他需要每日注射定量的 |
[18:06] | in a steady daily dose. | 氯化钾 |
[18:15] | Dante, we got two witnesses who say | 但丁 有两名目击者称 |
[18:17] | you grabbed Angela Stimpson by the hair | 你抓着安吉拉·斯蒂普森的头发 |
[18:19] | and tossed her off the bridge. | 把她扔下了桥 |
[18:21] | Yeah. I know. I was there. | 是啊 我知道 我在场 |
[18:25] | Wanna say why? | 要说说为什么吗 |
[18:28] | I had to. | 我必须那么做 |
[18:29] | You had to? | 什么意思 |
[18:31] | Some people just gotta go off. | 有些人就是得死 |
[18:32] | – What people? – Girls. | -什么人 -姑娘们 |
[18:35] | Long hair. Wrong in the head. | 长头发 脑子不正常 |
[18:38] | So it wasn’t just Angela that had to go over, there were others? | 那么必须扔下桥的不止是安吉拉 还有别人 |
[18:43] | A lot of girls. | 有很多姑娘 |
[18:49] | How about her? | 有她吗 |
[18:52] | Yeah, oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:55] | Are we talking last winter? | 是去年冬天的事吗 |
[18:56] | You see her and decided she had to go? | 你看见了她 就觉得她该死吗 |
[18:58] | Well she ain’t right in the mind? | 她脑子不正常嘛 |
[18:59] | – How’d’you know that? – She talked to me. | -你怎么知道 -她跟我说话 |
[19:02] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[19:03] | Wanted to get to her boyfriend’s house. | 想去她男友家 |
[19:05] | He lived all the way across town. | 他住在城市那一边 |
[19:08] | But her car was broke and | 但她的车坏了 |
[19:10] | he ain’t pickin’ up the phone so | 他又不接电话 |
[19:13] | she’s walkin’ when I meet her. | 所以我们遇见时她正在步行 |
[19:17] | So why does that make you throw her in the river? | 那你为什么就非得把她扔进河里 |
[19:18] | She don’t listen. | 她不肯听 |
[19:22] | Why does she gotta love that guy? | 她为什么非要爱那个家伙 |
[19:25] | He don’t love her like I do. | 他不像我那么爱她 |
[19:27] | – Man, who you talking about Dante? – Angela. | -你到底在说谁 但丁 -安吉拉 |
[19:31] | I wrote her letters with my heart. | 我真心实意写信给她 |
[19:32] | Poured out on them, I loved her so bad. | 把心都给了她 我那么爱她 |
[19:35] | She know, Angela? | 她知道吗 安吉拉 |
[19:36] | I told her every day, I was her guardian angel. | 我每天都跟她说 我是她的守护天使 |
[19:39] | And the other girls? | 其他女孩呢 |
[19:40] | There were no other girls. | 根本没有其他女孩 |
[19:46] | Elisa didn’t drive, she never had a car. | 伊莉莎不开车 她没有车 |
[19:49] | We lived 6 blocks from each other. | 我们家相隔只有六个街区 |
[19:51] | Angela should be arrested ’cause she took my heart. | 安吉拉夺走了我的心 她应该被捕 |
[19:56] | You think she’ll ever forgive me? | 你们说她会原谅我吗 |
[19:58] | It ain’t him. | 不是他 |
[20:00] | Angela. Angie. | 安吉拉 安吉 |
[20:15] | It’ll just be a moment. | 他马上就到 |
[20:16] | Coffee or tea, sir? | 咖啡还是茶 先生 |
[20:22] | – Sir? – Officers. Hello. | -先生 -警官们 你们好 |
[20:27] | Nice digs you have here. | 你这里不赖啊 |
[20:28] | I have the privelege of being a fortunate man. | 我有幸是个走运的男人 |
[20:31] | Got some questions about that fortune. | 我们对你的财运有些疑问 |
[20:33] | It came from your wife’s family, we understand. | 据我们了解 那是你妻子家的钱 |
[20:36] | Guilty. Please. | 没错 请坐吧 |
[20:42] | – And, how’d she die? – Heart failure. | -她怎么死的 -心脏衰竭 |
[20:47] | The loss of my life. | 我一生最大的损失 |
[20:49] | You know Amy Lind died the same way. | 艾米·林德也是那么死的 |
[20:52] | Coincedence, huh? | 真巧啊 |
[20:53] | Yes, both were tragedies. | 是啊 都是惨剧 |
[20:56] | – Why are you here? – We’re looking in to Amy’s death. | -你们来做什么 -我们在调查艾米的死 |
[20:59] | We hear you bitched her and Scott out pretty bad at one point? | 我们听说你曾经对她和斯考特非常狠 |
[21:02] | Gotta breathe fire once in a while. Make people jump. | 时不时总得发发火 让他们有紧张感 |
[21:06] | – Gotta smash cars, too, huh? – Oh, that. | -还得砸车 -那事啊 |
[21:10] | The reason I was so mad at Amy was she knew better. | 我之所以那么生艾米的气 是因为她不该如此 |
[21:16] | And the golf club, that was your way of saying it? | 那高尔夫球棒是你表达的方式 |
[21:19] | Oh, I told her more calmly again. | 之后我又换了更冷静的方式 |
[21:23] | Right here. | 就在这里 |
[21:26] | I’m sorry about my outburst in the parking lot. | 停车场的事我很抱歉 |
[21:29] | It wasn’t my car. | 反正不是我的车 |
[21:31] | – Good of you to give me a second chance. – Sure. | -谢谢你能再给我个机会 -不客气 |
[21:33] | Geraldine, thank you, and hold all calls. | 杰柔丁 谢谢 暂时别接进来电话 |
[21:39] | Again, I’m really sorry about the ad. | 广告的事我很抱歉 |
[21:40] | It wasn’t your idea, was it? | 那不是你的主意吧 |
[21:45] | I believe that Lionstaff can succeed, Amy. | 我认为集智是能成功的 艾米 |
[21:50] | But I don’t think it can succeed with Scott. | 但我认为斯考特会成为绊脚石 |
[21:54] | – Mr. Coleman. – You’re a rescuer. I see that. | -科尔曼先生 -你拯救他人 这我明白 |
[21:58] | First your brother and now Scott. That’s fine. | 先是你弟弟 然后是斯考特 这没关系 |
[22:01] | But when push comes to shove you gotta save yourself. | 但到了紧要关头 你得自救 |
[22:05] | He’s my partner. | 他是我的搭档 |
[22:07] | Amy, | 艾米 |
[22:09] | your company is like a hot air balloon. | 你的公司就像一个热气球 |
[22:14] | It’s rising, it’s way up. | 它在上升 升得很高 |
[22:16] | But it’s coming to a mountain. | 但它遇到了一座山 |
[22:18] | You cut a sandbag, it could stay up in the sky. | 如果你扔下一个沙袋 它就能继续悬浮 |
[22:21] | You keep that sandbag and | 你留着那个沙袋 |
[22:24] | it brings the whole thing crashing down. | 它会害得整个热气球摔下来 |
[22:26] | Scott’s not a sandbag. | 斯考特不是沙袋 |
[22:28] | He’s dead weight. | 他是个负担 |
[22:30] | He’s showing off, he’s seduced by trappings, | 他到处炫富 被一些表面的东西迷惑 |
[22:33] | he deserves to be cut out. | 他就该被扔掉 |
[22:35] | We’re best friends from business school, | 我们是商学院的死党 |
[22:37] | we’ve been together since… | 我们从… |
[22:38] | Honey, that’s sentiment, this is business. | 亲爱的 那是感情用事 我们在做生意 |
[22:40] | Your next appointment is here Mr. Coleman. | 你约的人到了 科尔曼先生 |
[22:45] | Go home. | 回家吧 |
[22:47] | Get out of here you’re a child. | 滚出去 你就是个小屁孩 |
[22:50] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[22:51] | Miss, don’t get hysterical | 小姐 别激动 |
[22:52] | and don’t raise your voice to Mr. Coleman. | 别对科尔曼先生大声说话 |
[23:03] | Moral of the story, | 一言蔽之 |
[23:06] | don’t do business with kids. They’re emotional. | 别跟孩子做生意 他们太情绪化 |
[23:10] | And the millions they cost you? | 他们害你损失的百万钱财呢 |
[23:12] | No feelings about that? | 不生气吗 |
[23:14] | Venture capital is gambling | 风险投资就是赌博 |
[23:15] | and I knew standing in that garage, | 我站住车库里的时候 |
[23:17] | I was just laying a bet. | 就知道我是在下注 |
[23:20] | Excuse me. Powder room. | 失陪 去趟化妆间 |
[23:30] | Coffee? | 能给我杯咖啡吗 |
[23:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:41] | You didn’t like Amy, did you? | 你不喜欢艾米 是吧 |
[23:44] | She wasn’t interested in being liked. | 她不打算招人喜欢 |
[23:46] | By you? | 你是说你吗 |
[23:48] | By anyone. | 大家都是 |
[23:50] | That’s what they teach girls these days, to be hard, aggressive. | 现在都这么教女孩了 冷酷 咄咄逼人 |
[23:55] | Mannish. | 像个男人 |
[24:00] | Coleman seemed to have a high opinion. | 科尔曼似乎对她评价很高 |
[24:02] | He always looks for the good in people. | 他总能看到人的优点 |
[24:06] | And you? | 你呢 |
[24:07] | I just try to look after him. | 我只是尽量照顾他 |
[24:11] | Anyway Amy was busy enough carrying on with a married man. | 反正 艾米还忙着跟已婚男人纠缠呢 |
[24:17] | Really? | 是吗 |
[24:18] | Every time I went by that office | 每次我去他们办公室 |
[24:19] | I saw that she had him wrapped around her finger. | 都能看到他被她玩弄于鼓掌之间 |
[24:22] | Who are we talking about? | 你说的是谁 |
[24:23] | That Indian. | 那个印度人 |
[24:26] | But I suppose to every feminist | 但我猜对那些女权主义者 |
[24:28] | a man’s just a toy on a string. | 男人只是她们手中的玩具 |
[24:34] | – So Amy and you. – Just me. | -艾米和你有一段啊 -是我 |
[24:37] | It was the one way kind. | 我是一厢情愿 |
[24:39] | I thought you hated her Mal. Not making you a partner. | 我以为你为她不肯让你做合伙人而恨她呢 马尔 |
[24:42] | That was before I worked with her. | 那时我还没跟她一起工作 |
[24:45] | – Spent time with her. – And your wife? | -没跟她真正相处 -你妻子呢 |
[24:48] | My marriage was arranged. | 我们的婚姻是包办的 |
[24:51] | They still doin’ that? | 现在还有这种事 |
[24:53] | My family’s traditional. | 我的家庭很传统 |
[24:55] | So, you were pretty much strangers? | 那么说你们根本不了解彼此 |
[24:59] | Home was an akward place. | 我在家里很尴尬 |
[25:03] | I was more comfortable with Amy. | 反而跟艾米在一起更开心 |
[25:04] | She know how you feel? | 她知道你的感受吗 |
[25:07] | Love, it’s hard to keep to yourself. | 爱是很难掩饰住的 |
[25:18] | Is this seat taken? | 这里有人坐了吗 |
[25:20] | Someone’s shorting our stock, betting against us. | 有人在卖空我们的股票 跟我们作对 |
[25:24] | I have something I must tell you. | 我有事要跟你说 |
[25:26] | I’m gonna find out who. | 我要查明是谁 |
[25:28] | If it’s anyone inside, my next call’s to the SEC. | 如果是内部人干的 我马上给证交会打电话 |
[25:31] | There is a book. It is called ‘Out of Africa’. | 我想送你本书 《走出非洲》 |
[25:37] | Thanks, Malvender. | 谢谢 马尔文德 |
[25:38] | It is about a young woman | 讲述了一名年轻女子 |
[25:40] | obliged to marry and move far from home. | 被迫与人成婚并远走他乡 |
[25:43] | There’s a movie, right? | 拍成电影了吧 |
[25:44] | She is lonely, but she is very brave and she works very hard. | 她很孤独 但她也很勇敢 而且很努力 |
[25:49] | She reminds me of you. | 她让我想到了你 |
[25:52] | Malvender. Thank you. | 马尔文德 谢谢 |
[25:55] | I am also from far away and I am also alone. | 我也是远走他乡 也很孤独 |
[25:58] | Didn’t you just get married? | 你不是才结婚吗 |
[26:02] | Well, you see it’s that… | 你瞧 就是… |
[26:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:14] | I’ve been there. | 这我理解 |
[26:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:19] | Did your wife know? | 你妻子知道吗 |
[26:25] | It’s why she wrote the diary. | 她就为这事写了那日记 |
[26:27] | Back up, your wife wrote that diary? | 等等 日记是你妻子写的 |
[26:30] | She was new to the country, all alone. | 她才搬来这里 孤身一人 |
[26:32] | She could see I was thinking about someone else. | 她看得出我的心另有所属 |
[26:35] | How’d she know it was Amy? | 她怎么知道是艾米 |
[26:37] | I suppose I talked about her a lot. | 大概因为我总说起她吧 |
[26:41] | She wrote that on the computer I took to and from work. | 她用我随身带着的电脑写了日记 |
[26:44] | There’s some serious things said in that diary. | 那日记里面有些很重的话 |
[26:45] | I know but Mobli was no threat to Amy. | 我知道 但是莫比对艾米不构成威胁 |
[26:48] | The morning Amy died | 艾米死的那个早上 |
[26:49] | my wife and I were in Bangelo, India. | 我和我妻子在印度 班格罗 |
[26:51] | We’ll need to see your passports. | 我们需要看你们的护照 |
[26:54] | It must’ve been quite a scene when you found out what she wrote. | 你发现她写的东西 肯定闹得很凶吧 |
[26:58] | She talked, and I listened. | 她说了很多 我认真地听 |
[27:01] | After 4 months of marriage we finally met. | 结婚四个月 我们终于开始了解彼此 |
[27:20] | You heading home Scotty? | 你要回家吗 史考特 |
[27:23] | No, no just, taking a sec. | 不 就是 休息一下 |
[27:26] | Those SEC finances gives you cross eyes. | 那些证交会的账目看得人眼都斜了 |
[27:31] | You looking for who was shortin’ Amy’s stock? | 你们在查谁卖空了艾米的股票吗 |
[27:34] | No, looking for one guy in particular. Coleman. | 不 就是在找一个人 科尔曼 |
[27:38] | Figured he lost a pile bettin’ on Amy and Scott | 我们认为他在艾米和史考特身上下注输惨了 |
[27:41] | maybe he tried to make it back playin’ dirty. | 或许会想用下流手段找回来 |
[27:49] | How’d it go over at West? | 你在西部分局那边怎么样 |
[27:55] | It was OK. | 没什么事 |
[27:59] | Interviewed a guy Mayes brought in. | 审问了一个梅斯抓获的人 |
[28:03] | Thought maybe there was a connect to Elisa there. | 以为跟伊莉莎的事有联系 |
[28:16] | Just didn’t pan out. | 但毫无结果 |
[28:21] | Oh, Scotty you’re not gonna know. | 史考特 你不会弄明白的 |
[28:24] | Not next year, not the year after. | 明年不会 后年也不会 |
[28:27] | And so lay it to rest? | 那就不管了吗 |
[28:31] | Saving grace heals the pains. | 不幸中的万幸会使伤口愈合 |
[28:36] | – I’m gonna go back up. – Sure. | -我回去了 -好 |
[28:38] | Good night. | 再见 |
[29:02] | Can’t we call some forensic accountants to read this stuff? | 我们不能找法务会计师来看这些东西吗 |
[29:05] | This is worse than those poems last year. | 这比去年那些诗还糟糕 |
[29:08] | I think I found something. | 我好像有所发现 |
[29:12] | – Serious? – H.G. Friday. | -真的 -HG周五 |
[29:14] | Holding company with 9.8 mil. | 980万的控股公司 |
[29:17] | – We got Coleman’s name attached to that? – Looking. | -跟科尔曼有关吗 -我在找 |
[29:20] | – That’s gotta be illegal. – Sure. | -肯定是非法的 -当然 |
[29:22] | He knew the company was tanking, | 他知道那公司不行了 |
[29:23] | he bets against it. Insider trading. | 就赌它的失败 这是内线交易 |
[29:25] | So maybe Amy finds out, calls him on it. | 或许被艾米发现 跟他对质 |
[29:28] | And unless he’s willing to go to jail he has to shut her up. | 如果他不想坐牢 就得让她闭嘴 |
[29:31] | Good theory but we’re talking about the wrong millionare. | 理论很好 但是我们想错了人 |
[29:34] | Name attached to H.G. Friday is Geraldine Wright. | 跟HG周五相关的人是杰柔丁·莱特 |
[29:38] | Coleman’s secretary? | 科尔曼的秘书 |
[29:44] | H.G. Friday. | HG周五 |
[29:47] | – I don’t know what that is. – Who that is. | -我不知道那是什么 -那是谁 |
[29:50] | His Girl Friday? | 他周五的女孩 |
[29:52] | I certain clever secretary with a 9.8 million nest egg. | 某个有980万储备金的聪明秘书 |
[29:59] | I’ve never seen these before. | 我从没见过这个 |
[30:01] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想的吗 |
[30:02] | I think Geraldine pretends she doesn’t know anything about business. | 我觉得杰柔丁装作对生意一窍不通 |
[30:05] | Hmm. Math is for men. | 算计是男人的事 |
[30:07] | I think she understands perfectly. | 可其实她非常精通 |
[30:09] | I think she got filthy rich playin’ dumb. | 我觉得她装傻挣了大钱 |
[30:15] | I, I have 2,237 dollars in the bank. | 我银行账户里有2237元 |
[30:20] | Also an IRA. | 还有个人退休账户 |
[30:21] | Come on Geraldine, you hated Amy. | 得了 杰柔丁 你恨艾米 |
[30:24] | Like you hate all women who are driven. | 你恨所有那些有干劲的女人 |
[30:26] | Headstrong. | 顽固 |
[30:27] | Mannish. | 男人一样的女人 |
[30:29] | The least you could do was make some money off the little chippy. | 至少你可以利用她挣点钱 |
[30:32] | So you shorted stock on her company. | 所以你卖空了她公司的股票 |
[30:34] | And when Amy caught on to it | 等艾米发现了 |
[30:35] | you slipped her some of Coleman’s potassium chloride. | 你就给她下了点科尔曼的氯化钾 |
[30:38] | Probably in that fine coffee of yours. | 或许是掺在你泡的咖啡里 |
[30:40] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[30:44] | You can talk to my accountant. Steven Franklin. | 你们可以去找我的会计 史蒂芬·弗兰克林 |
[30:47] | That’s Coleman’s accountant. | 那是科尔曼的会计 |
[30:48] | He handles everything for me, too. | 他也兼任我的会计 |
[30:55] | Then I think you know how your name got on this paper. | 那你应该知道你的名字怎么会在这上面了 |
[31:00] | You’re loyal, Geraldine. | 你很忠诚 杰柔丁 |
[31:03] | It doesn’t mean he is. | 可他却未必 |
[31:06] | I looked after Mr. Coleman. | 我照顾科尔曼先生 |
[31:09] | I took care of his needs. For 22 years. | 22年来 我满足他的需要 |
[31:15] | I was his constant companion. | 我是他的情人 |
[31:18] | I guess this is your reward. | 看来这就是你的回报了 |
[31:20] | 6 years ago he set you up for security spot. | 六年前 他为保护自己而陷害你 |
[31:24] | Now he sets you up for murder. | 现在 他陷害你杀人 |
[31:29] | That girl thought she could play with the big boys. | 那个女孩以为自己能跟大男人周旋 |
[31:33] | She thought they’d play fair. | 以为他们会公平做事 |
[31:36] | But? | 但是 |
[31:37] | They didn’t. | 他们没有 |
[31:40] | And the knives came out. | 他们下了狠手 |
[31:44] | Mr. Sawyer! | 索耶先生 |
[31:45] | Amy found out. | 艾米知道了 |
[31:47] | Found out what? | 知道什么了 |
[31:48] | About you shorting stock. | 知道你在卖空她的股票 |
[31:50] | You mean she found out about us. | 你是说她知道我们的事 |
[31:52] | I don’t think she knows that, that it’s me, too. | 我觉得她不知道我也有份 |
[31:57] | – What’s she doing? – Calling the SEC. | -她在做什么 -给证交会打电话 |
[32:00] | – That’s prison. – I know. | -那我们就得进监狱 -我知道 |
[32:02] | That’s bankruptcy, then prison. | 先是破产 然后进监狱 |
[32:05] | Oh, God, I can’t. | 天呐 我做不到 |
[32:06] | We both know there’s no talking to her she’s so damned stubborn. | 我们都知道不能跟她谈 她那么固执 |
[32:10] | So what do we do? | 那我们怎么做 |
[32:12] | Stop her. | 阻止她 |
[32:15] | You know what happens if we don’t. | 你知道不阻止她的后果 |
[32:17] | That Ferarri gets repoed, condos emptied out. | 法拉利被购回 公寓被清空 |
[32:20] | You move into the state pent. | 你得搬进州立监狱 |
[32:26] | I can’t. Not to her. | 不行 我不能害她 |
[32:30] | Scott. | 斯考特 |
[32:34] | You remember us standing here a week ago | 你记得我们一周前 站在这里 |
[32:36] | – talking about your future? – Yeah. | -探讨你的未来 -记得 |
[32:39] | – What’s your future like? – A hot air balloon. | -你的未来是什么 -一个热气球 |
[32:42] | And what did you say you would do if anything got in your way? | 你说如果有什么挡了你的路 你会怎么做 |
[32:45] | If any sandbag started dragging you down? | 如果有沙袋拖累了你 |
[32:49] | I said… | 我说 |
[32:51] | Go on. | 继续 |
[32:53] | I said whatever it is I’ll chop that mother off. | 我说不管是什么 我会把它丢掉 |
[33:05] | I guess I wanted to see her get knocked down a peg. | 我想看着她受点打击 |
[33:09] | But she didn’t get knocked down a peg, Geraldine. | 她不是受了打击 杰柔丁 |
[33:13] | She got killed. | 她死了 |
[33:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:16] | She was killed with Coleman’s medication. You know that, too? | 她是被科尔曼的药毒死的 这你也知道吧 |
[33:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:25] | I keep track of his prescriptions. | 我一直留意他的处方药 |
[33:27] | I refilled that one just before that meeting. | 那次会议之前 我刚刚给他装满 |
[33:29] | And? | 然后呢 |
[33:33] | In the afternoon it was gone. | 到了下午 就没了 |
[33:46] | Packing up, Scott? | 收拾东西吗 斯考特 |
[33:47] | That never looks good. | 这肯定不是好事 |
[33:49] | I’m just going for the weekend. | 我只是周末出去 |
[33:50] | We know about you and Coleman. | 我们知道你和科尔曼的事了 |
[33:52] | Know? | 什么意思 |
[33:53] | That you were shorting stock together behind Amy’s back. | 你们在背着艾米卖空她的股票 |
[33:56] | H.G. Friday ring any bells? | HG周五 有印象吗 |
[33:59] | Then Amy found out and was gonna report you. | 艾米发现了 她打算举报你 |
[34:01] | Always one step behind, aren’t you, Scott? | 你总是后知后觉 是不是 斯考特 |
[34:06] | Well now’s your chance to get ahead. | 现在你有机会赶在前面了 |
[34:08] | Cause we’re talking to you first before Coleman. | 因为我们先来找你了 而不是科尔曼 |
[34:11] | I don’t have anything to say. | 我没什么好说的 |
[34:13] | Really? Cause I’m guessing Coleman’s fancy lawyers | 是吗 因为我猜科尔曼的大律师 |
[34:15] | – are gonna be saying you stole his meds. – No. | -会说是你偷了他的药 -不 |
[34:18] | Oh, he’ll sell you out as easy as you two sold out Amy. | 他会像你们俩出卖艾米那样出卖你 |
[34:20] | He went to her first, Scott. | 他先去找她的 斯考特 |
[34:22] | D’you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[34:23] | Tried to cut you out but she said no. She was loyal. | 他想抛弃你 但她拒绝了 她很忠诚 |
[34:26] | You don’t have to tell me how much better than me Amy was. | 不用你来告诉我艾米比我强很多 |
[34:31] | That’s something I knew all about. | 我一直都知道 |
[34:33] | Is that why you did it? | 所以你才那么做吗 |
[34:34] | Sick of always coming up a little short next to her? | 厌倦了总比她矮一截 |
[34:37] | No. | 不 |
[34:39] | I was trapped. | 我无路可走 |
[34:42] | I couldn’t face jail. | 我害怕进监狱 |
[34:45] | And I couldn’t face her finding out. | 也怕她会发现 |
[34:50] | Coleman said it would be fast. | 科尔曼说见效很快 |
[34:52] | That he knew it would work. | 他确定那会成功 |
[34:54] | Yeah, because he did it to his wife. | 因为他就是那么杀妻的 |
[34:59] | He told me I’d be a natural. | 他说我会手到擒来 |
[35:02] | Said all I had to do was talk. | 只要跟她说话就行 |
[35:11] | Still do this every morning by yourself? | 还每天早上自己来划船啊 |
[35:14] | Why? | 怎么 |
[35:16] | – Thinking about joining me? – No. | -想跟我一起划吗 -不 |
[35:18] | I get enough of workouts just looking at you. | 我光看着你就很锻炼身体了 |
[35:24] | I came to say the Superbowl ad was dumb. | 我是来说超级杯广告的事是很蠢 |
[35:28] | We didn’t know it wouldn’t work. | 我们并不知道不会成功 |
[35:29] | I went about it wrong, I should’ve worked with you. | 我不该那么做 我该跟你商量的 |
[35:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:36] | Peace? | 和好了 |
[35:40] | I know you don’t like to buy them for yourself. | 我知道你不喜欢自己买 |
[35:49] | – Lionstaff was a good idea. – It was? | -集智本来是个好主意 -什么意思 |
[35:53] | We struck out on this one. | 我们这次没成功 |
[35:55] | We got stuck with a bad guy. | 我们跟一个坏人搅在了一起 |
[35:58] | But it’s OK. | 没关系的 |
[35:59] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[36:01] | We just have to choose our partners better next time. | 我们下次要选个好一点的搭档 |
[36:04] | – I mean if you want to. – Sure. | -如果你还想的话 -当然 |
[36:10] | It’ll be back to the garage. | 我们又得搬回车库了 |
[36:11] | You and me that’s how we work best anyway. | 反正你我合作才是最好的 |
[36:20] | You know, when I first started coming here it was for Gage. | 我起初来这里是为了盖奇 |
[36:23] | To think about him. | 缅怀他 |
[36:26] | But lately I started letting myself notice | 但最近 我开始关注这里一切 |
[36:29] | everything that’s alive, here, now. | 生机勃勃的东西 此刻环绕着我的东西 |
[36:32] | And there’s so much. | 有那么多美好的东西 |
[36:37] | I still love him | 我依然爱他 |
[36:38] | but I think maybe now I’m ready to | 但我想我现在能够 |
[36:42] | start having my own life, you know? | 开始过我自己的生活了 |
[36:44] | – That’s good. – Yeah. | -那很好 -是啊 |
[36:48] | So, thanks for stickin’ with me. | 谢谢你陪着我 |
[37:02] | Amy. | 艾米 |
[37:04] | Yeah? | 怎么 |
[37:10] | See you in the office. | 办公室见 |
[37:13] | See you. | 再见 |
[37:24] | 歌曲:”Save Me” 歌手:Aimee Mann | |
[38:28] | 艾米·林德 已结案 |