时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Otis, maraschinos. | 奥蒂斯 去拿酒浸樱桃 |
[00:17] | – You want to do them? – No, you, mom. | -你想来吗 -不 你来吧 妈妈 |
[00:21] | Yeah, yowie, I like how that looks. | 好诶 看多漂亮啊 |
[00:25] | – How do you like that, Otis? – I like that. | -你觉得好看吗 奥蒂斯 -好看 |
[00:29] | Now answer me truly, | 老实回答我 |
[00:30] | after you’ve thought about it, really thought about it, | 要认真想想 好好想想 |
[00:32] | and I don’t want some off the cuff routine, | 可别敷衍我 |
[00:33] | I want it from your heart. Are we done? | 真心实意地说 我们做完了吗 |
[00:35] | You think about it now, I mean it. | 好好想想 认真回答 |
[00:38] | Let’s make chocolate. | 我们做巧克力吧 |
[00:39] | Let’s make every kind of sweet ever. | 我们把所有的甜点都做一遍 |
[00:42] | Absolutely, little man! Let’s do it. | 好啊 小家伙 我们做吧 |
[00:45] | We can do anything we want | 我们可以做任何事 |
[00:47] | because we are running on a constantly replenishing fuel of love. | 因为我们有源源不断的爱意作为动力 |
[00:51] | – Do you understand that, Otis? – Yes. | -你明白吗 奥蒂斯 -明白 |
[00:53] | Put a trivet on the table quickly. | 在桌上放个三脚架 快点 |
[00:58] | Dad’s baked Alaska. | 爸爸的火焰冰淇淋 |
[01:01] | – Your father loves this dessert, Otis. – It’s beautiful. | -你爸爸爱死这道甜点了 奥蒂斯 -真漂亮 |
[01:07] | How do eggs shape up to look like the waves of the ocean, Otis? | 鸡蛋怎么就能烤成海浪的样子呢 奥蒂斯 |
[01:12] | Makes the world so small. | 让人觉得世界好小 |
[01:14] | Everything alike, from the chickens to the seaweed. | 一切都很相近 无论是小鸡还是海草 |
[01:19] | It’s awful comforting. | 真让人觉得安心 |
[01:27] | I smell a forest fire. | 我闻到山火了 |
[01:40] | It’s so beautiful. Do you see it? | 真漂亮 你看见了吗 |
[01:43] | These colors, Otis. | 多美的颜色 奥蒂斯 |
[01:45] | And to think we made this from only eggs and love. | 想想我们只用了鸡蛋和爱意 |
[01:49] | I’ve never seen anything like this. | 我从没见过这么漂亮的东西 |
[01:56] | Mom, it’s burning! Get some water! | 妈妈 着火了 快拿水 |
[01:58] | It’s okay, little man. It can’t hurt us. | 没关系 小家伙 伤不了我们 |
[02:01] | It may be a miracle, I think. | 这或许是个奇迹 |
[02:52] | 54年12月 无名氏 | |
[02:58] | This old lady dies in her apartment in Fishtown. | 狒狮城一位老妇人死在自己的公寓里 |
[03:01] | M.E. tracks down the son who’s next of kin. | 验尸官找到了她的儿子 |
[03:03] | This a homicide? | 是凶杀吗 |
[03:04] | Old age. Seems straightforward. | 自然死亡 没什么问题 |
[03:06] | But the guy drives ten hours from Ohio | 但是从俄亥俄驱车十小时来认领 |
[03:09] | to ID this Bettie Petrowski. | 这位贝蒂·彼得罗斯基尸体的人 |
[03:11] | Gets there, says, “That ain’t my mother.” | 到了那里却说 “那不是我母亲” |
[03:14] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[03:15] | Meaning the old lady on the slab’s a fraud. | 就是说那个去世的老妇人是个骗子 |
[03:17] | Ain’t Bettie, | 不是贝蒂 |
[03:18] | but she’s been using her social security number like she is. | 但却一直在用她的社保号码 |
[03:20] | So where’s the real Bettie? | 那真正的贝蒂在哪里 |
[03:21] | Unaccounted for since 1954. | 1954年后就一直下落不明 |
[03:24] | – Probably dead. – Maybe murdered. | -大概死了 -或许是被杀 |
[03:25] | Lil has the guy looking through Jane Does. | 阿莉在让他翻看无名尸首 |
[03:32] | Detective Valens, Sutton, this is Otis Petrowski. | 瓦伦斯和萨顿探员 这是奥蒂斯·彼得罗斯基 |
[03:40] | Sorry, I’m, I’m blinking weird | 抱歉 我眼睛都乱跳了 |
[03:42] | because I’ve had these peepers on for hours now. | 我都盯着这些文件看了几小时了 |
[03:43] | So we’re thinking whoever this is | 我们认为不管这位是谁 |
[03:46] | might’ve killed your mom in order to use her identity. | 可能杀了你妈妈以盗取她的身份 |
[03:48] | Yeah, well, that’s why I’m flipping through these books of the dead. | 是啊 所以我才在这里翻死人名簿 |
[03:50] | It would explain why Otis hasn’t heard from her | 或许正是因为如此 |
[03:52] | since he was eight years old. | 奥蒂斯八岁后就再没她消息了 |
[03:53] | How’d you account for that growing up? | 你这些年是怎么想的 |
[03:55] | Well, my mother was a mental patient. | 我母亲是位精神病人 |
[03:57] | She had a breakdown when I was eight. | 我八岁时 她精神崩溃了 |
[03:59] | Almost burned down the house with me in it, | 差点连我和房子一起烧掉了 |
[04:00] | so my father committed her to the Philadelphia city asylum. | 所以我父亲就把她送进了费城精神病院 |
[04:03] | What was going on with your mom? | 你妈得了哪种精神病 |
[04:05] | Manic depression. “Bipolar” is the new term. | 躁狂抑郁症 现在叫”躁郁两极症” |
[04:08] | After she was committed, you didn’t see her anymore? | 她入院以后 你就再没见过她了吗 |
[04:09] | Yeah, well, we visited her a few times, | 我们去看过她几次 |
[04:11] | but me and my dad went our own way. | 但我和我爸继续生活了 |
[04:13] | He got married again. | 他再婚了 |
[04:15] | You ever try to find your mom? | 你去找过她吗 |
[04:16] | I mean, it’s not like I didn’t toy with it, | 我也不是没考虑过 |
[04:18] | but I figured she forgot about me. | 但我以为她忘记了我 |
[04:20] | Same way she forgot | 就像忘记了 |
[04:21] | she shouldn’t be setting fires around your kid. | 不该在你孩子身边放火 |
[04:27] | I don’t need to look at that twice. | 我不用再看第二次了 |
[04:34] | This is your mom? | 这是你妈 |
[04:36] | That’s her face. | 是她的样子 |
[04:37] | You don’t forget. | 这你忘不了 |
[04:38] | Jane Doe #17. Killed winter of ’54. | 无名氏17号 死于54年冬 |
[04:43] | We only committed her that summer. | 我们那年夏天才送她入院的 |
[04:44] | So if this is the real Bettie Petrowski. | 如果这才是真正的贝蒂·彼得罗斯基 |
[04:48] | Who’s Frannie got in there? | 弗兰妮的停尸台上是谁 |
[05:27] | Scotty. | 史考特 |
[05:29] | What’s up, Jo? | 你好啊 乔 |
[05:31] | She’s wiping us clean at poker is what. | 她在扑克桌上把我们打得落花流水 |
[05:33] | Soft players here in homicide. | 凶案组这边都不经打 |
[05:36] | Guy’s not parked outside your house anymore, is he? | 那家伙不再去你家外面守着了吧 |
[05:39] | – He’s keeping his distance. – Good. | -他知道保持距离了 -很好 |
[05:42] | – I got to run. Nice seeing you, Gil. – Yeah. | -我得走了 见到你很高兴 吉尔 -嗯 |
[05:46] | What’s that about? | 刚刚你说什么呢 |
[05:48] | Sergeant White. Guy’s a real piece of work. | 怀特警官 真是个混蛋 |
[05:50] | Yeah, I heard rumors. They had a thing? | 我听到些传闻 他们有一段 |
[05:52] | Yeah, only in his head. Sexual harassment thing. | 都是他凭空想象出来的 他性骚扰 |
[05:56] | You saying she filed a report on him? | 你是说她举报了他 |
[05:58] | She didn’t have to. Guy made a spectacle of himself. | 她没那个必要 那家伙自己丢人现眼 |
[06:01] | Because everyone around here thought it was the other way, | 因为我们这边都以为是反过来的 |
[06:03] | her stirring it up. | 是她起的事 |
[06:04] | No, this White didn’t need to get stirred. | 怀特那家伙不用人撩拨 |
[06:06] | She’s lucky to get transferred out. Leave that behind. | 她能调走 得以脱身 算她走运了 |
[06:14] | The Jane Doe this guy ID’d as his mom | 这个确认了身份的无名氏 |
[06:16] | was found dead in Fairmount park December 28. | 12月28日被发现陈尸于费尔蒙特公园 |
[06:20] | Blunt force trauma to the skull. | 颅脑受重击 |
[06:22] | No ID, no personal effects. | 没有身份证明或私人物品 |
[06:24] | Theory was Jane Doe’s a drifter, killed by another drifter. | 当时认为她是个流浪者 被其他流浪汉杀了 |
[06:27] | No one ever made the connect that this Jane Doe was a mental patient. | 没有人想到她是个精神病患者 |
[06:30] | She’d already checked out. | 她已经出院了 |
[06:31] | Bettie Petrowski was signed out of Philadelphia city asylum | 贝蒂·彼得罗斯基已于1954年12月26日 |
[06:33] | by nurse Anika Olsen on December 26, 1954. | 由护士安妮卡·奥森签字获准出院 |
[06:37] | That’s two days before the body was found. | 那是她死前两天 |
[06:39] | Family’s gone, out of the hospital. | 家人不在 又出院了 |
[06:41] | It’s got to be a lonely time for Bettie. | 贝蒂当时一定很孤单 |
[06:42] | People lined up to take advantage of a woman in that position. | 很多人都会占那种女人的便宜 |
[06:45] | Not to mention who she might’ve met in the hospital. | 还有她在精神病院遇到的人呢 |
[06:48] | Rooming with loonies, | 那一屋子的疯子 |
[06:49] | some of them could’ve been head-bashing types. | 或许有哪个就喜欢砸人脑袋 |
[06:50] | Let’s talk to this nurse. | 我们去找这个护士谈谈 |
[06:52] | See if Otis can tell us anything about the hospital. | 再向奥蒂斯问一下医院的情况 |
[06:54] | What about the Jane Doe 2005, the one Frannie’s got? | 弗兰妮那里的新无名氏呢 |
[06:57] | Survey her neighborhood in Fishtown. | 在狒狮城她家附近打听一下 |
[06:59] | You got to figure we ID this Jane Doe, | 如果我们能查明无名氏的身份 |
[07:00] | we’re that much closer to finding Bettie’s killer. | 我们就差不多能查明杀害贝蒂的凶手了 |
[07:08] | My, my daughter jumped in the car | 我女儿一听说我要来这里 |
[07:10] | when she heard I was coming here. | 就跟我跳上了车 |
[07:11] | Wouldn’t get out. | 非要来不可 |
[07:13] | That’s nice of you. Keeping your dad company. | 真好啊 来陪着你爸 |
[07:16] | I want to learn about my grandmother. | 我想了解我奶奶 |
[07:18] | My thing is, just because someone’s manic depressive, | 我认为就算一个人有躁狂抑郁症 |
[07:20] | doesn’t mean the family has to, like, hide her. | 她的家人也不用把她藏起来 |
[07:22] | All right, all right, we know what you think. | 好了 我们知道你的想法 |
[07:25] | Otis, what can you tell us about city asylum? | 奥蒂斯 能跟我们说说市精神病院吗 |
[07:28] | Your mom have any trouble there? | 你妈在那里有麻烦吗 |
[07:29] | Talk about problems with anyone? | 跟谁有矛盾吗 |
[07:30] | Oh, no, my mother never complained. | 没有 我妈从没抱怨过什么 |
[07:32] | Especially in her up moods. | 尤其是精神好的时候 |
[07:34] | Her world was sunshine and roses. | 她的世界美好而充满希望 |
[07:36] | I read on the internet | 我在网上查到 |
[07:38] | bipolar people can have full-on hallucinations. | 躁郁两极症患者会产生幻觉 |
[07:40] | So she might not have seen a dangerous situation for what it was. | 那么或许她会看不到现实情况有多危险 |
[07:44] | You know, the day we committed her, that was definitely true. | 我们送她入院的那天 就是那样 |
[07:47] | What didn’t she see that day? | 那天她没有看到什么 |
[07:48] | The lunatics crawling up the walls, she was sharing with them. | 那些要跟她同住在一个屋檐下的疯子 |
[07:55] | Your mommy will have a wonderful, relaxing time here at our hospital. | 你妈妈会在我们医院过得很愉快 很舒心的 |
[07:59] | Dr. Paquette is a superior doctor. | 帕凯特医生医术十分高明 |
[08:02] | He’ll treat your mommy himself. | 他会亲自治疗你妈妈 |
[08:04] | Won’t that be nice for her? | 那多好啊 |
[08:08] | – Yes, ma’am. – Hey, Otis. | -是啊 护士小姐 -奥蒂斯 |
[08:10] | This place is really something else, don’t you think? | 这地方可真不错 是不是 |
[08:13] | Look at all these different kinds of people. | 看这些形形色色的人 |
[08:16] | I bet I’ll come home with all kinds of stories for you. | 等我回家 肯定有好多故事能跟你讲 |
[08:19] | Hey, you want to know what I want to do? | 你知道我想做什么吗 |
[08:21] | I want you and me to take our own tour of this place. | 我想我们自己在这里转转 |
[08:24] | I want to explore. | 我想去探索一下 |
[08:26] | I want to know every inch of it. | 我要熟悉这里的一切 |
[08:28] | Stay away from me, fascists! | 离我远点 法西斯 |
[08:30] | Her painting is horrifying. Grab it! | 她的画可怕极了 夺下来 |
[08:32] | Carmen, stop right there. | 卡门 站着别动 |
[08:33] | Come any closer and I’ll show the painting to the kid. | 你们再往前走 我就把画给孩子看 |
[08:35] | No! It’s got a lady… with a zipper for a mouth. | 别 那上面是个嘴巴变成了拉链的女人 |
[08:39] | Hear that? This girl’s a painter, Otis. | 听到了吗 这位女士是个画家 奥蒂斯 |
[08:41] | I have been in a fever working on this. | 我一直拼命地画这幅画 |
[08:43] | It’s a vision of what’s happening to us. | 这幅画表现了我们的遭遇 |
[08:46] | I plan to hang it on the wall and say, “Good morning, you.” | 我要把它挂在墙上 对它说”早啊 |
[08:49] | “It’s another day in this dreadful place.” | 我又要在这可怕的地方度过一天 |
[08:52] | “Hold on for dear life.” | “一定要珍惜生命” |
[08:54] | You’re running out of chances, Carmen. | 我们不会给你机会了 卡门 |
[08:56] | I’ll show it to him. I swear I will. | 我会拿给他看的 我发誓 |
[08:59] | Do it. | 给他看吧 |
[09:01] | Can I take a peek? | 我能看看吗 |
[09:03] | Well, I bet it’s just out of this world. | 我敢说肯定很不错 |
[09:06] | Bettie. Simmer down. | 贝蒂 冷静点 |
[09:13] | It’s beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[09:19] | It’s so sad. | 好悲伤 |
[09:23] | You lost it. You lost it! | 你给弄丢了 你给弄丢了 |
[09:27] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[09:31] | If someone took my poetry away, | 如果有人拿走了我的诗 |
[09:33] | I would totally be in a mental hospital. | 我也会进精神病院的 |
[09:35] | You would totally be in law school. | 你肯定能进法学院才是 |
[09:37] | So this Carmen’s doing these disturbing paintings of women. | 这个卡门在画一些关于女人的吓人画作 |
[09:41] | – It was a metaphor. – It was twisted. | -那叫隐喻 -就是扭曲而已 |
[09:44] | Kids at school used to ask me, “Where’s your mother?” | 以前学校的同学会问我 “你妈妈呢” |
[09:46] | What was I supposed to say? | 我要怎么说 |
[09:48] | “Taking retreat with a maniac painter and assorted psychos”? | “跟一个疯画家和一群精神病住在了一起”吗 |
[09:52] | I used to say mine was on tour with a rock band. | 我以前都说我妈妈跟摇滚乐队巡演去了 |
[09:55] | So Carmen was pretty upset with your mom. | 这么说卡门很生你妈的气 |
[09:58] | Foaming at the mouth. | 气得吐白沫了 |
[10:00] | After seeing that girl and her painting, | 看到了那个女人和她的画 |
[10:02] | I thought for sure my mom would meet her end at that place. | 我想我妈一定会死在那里了 |
[10:09] | Nurse Olsen, you were the last person | 奥森护士 贝蒂·彼得罗斯基生前 |
[10:12] | to see Bettie Petrowski alive. | 你是最后见到她的人 |
[10:15] | You signed her out yourself from the Philadelphia city asylum. | 你亲自签字批准她出院 |
[10:18] | Everyone who came or went did so through me. | 所有进出的病人都要通过我 |
[10:22] | I was a one-woman security check. | 我一个人就是安检 |
[10:26] | What can you tell us about Bettie the day she left? | 能跟我们讲讲贝蒂离开那天的情景吗 |
[10:29] | She wore the clothes she came in with. | 她穿着她进来那天穿的衣服 |
[10:33] | She was in good spirits. | 她精神很好 |
[10:36] | Insisted on leaving… | 坚持要离开 |
[10:38] | in spite of the fact that | 尽管当时 |
[10:39] | there were no family members there to meet her. | 她家人并没来接她 |
[10:41] | – Good memory on you. – True. | -记性很好啊 -是的 |
[10:44] | Was she worried about anything? | 她有什么烦心事吗 |
[10:46] | Happy to leave. They usually were. | 只是开心能出院了 他们都是这样 |
[10:50] | Did Bettie make any enemies durning her stay? | 贝蒂住院期间有树敌吗 |
[10:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:55] | 120 women in the same building | 一栋楼里面有120个女人 |
[10:57] | with only the task of recovery to busy their idle minds. | 平时除了康复 没别的事可做 |
[11:01] | We talking cat fights? | 她们还打架了吗 |
[11:03] | Cannibalism. | 简直是自相残杀 |
[11:05] | You remember a girl named Carmen? | 你记得一个叫卡门的女人吗 |
[11:08] | Carmen was explosive, moody, | 卡门脾气很爆 情绪化 |
[11:11] | distorted view of reality. | 对现实有扭曲的看法 |
[11:14] | But it was Zelda that Bettie was truly afraid of. | 但贝蒂真正害怕的是齐尔达 |
[11:19] | Some days I can’t get out of bed. | 有时候我起不来床 |
[11:21] | I’ve tried storing casseroles in the freezer | 就事先在冰箱里存放砂锅菜 |
[11:23] | so that the boys will always have supper. | 这样他们父子就不会挨饿了 |
[11:26] | Look at me now, babbling. | 瞧我啊 说个不停 |
[11:28] | – Oh, please go on. – Zelda, it’s not your turn to speak. | -请继续 -齐尔达 没轮到你呢 |
[11:32] | My son’s the only thing for certain I’ve done right. | 我唯一确定自己做对的事就是我儿子 |
[11:35] | Now I think he’s afraid of me. | 现在我觉得他怕我 |
[11:39] | I thought you were gonna die at the end. | 我以为你最后死了呢 |
[11:41] | That’s the only kind of story I like. | 我就喜欢那种故事 |
[11:44] | You’re absolutely vile, Zelda. | 你可真毒舌 齐尔达 |
[11:46] | – I won’t listen to it. – Can it, ankle biter. | -我可不要听 -闭嘴吧 咬脚踝的家伙 |
[11:49] | – Give that back. – What? This? | -还给我 -什么 这个吗 |
[11:52] | It’s mine. My son gave it to me the day I came here. | 那是我的 我入院那天我儿子给我的 |
[11:55] | It’s all I have of him here. Please. | 我在这里只有这点他的东西 求你了 |
[12:00] | Then what do I get, huh? | 那我呢 我有什么 |
[12:03] | You’ve got everything I want. | 你有我想要的一切 |
[12:04] | Why can’t I get one lousy stinking thing? | 我怎么就不能拿走一样东西 |
[12:06] | Zelda, on the count of three, will you sit down | 齐尔达 我数到三 请你坐下 |
[12:08] | with your arms crossed across your chest. | 双臂交叉放在胸前 |
[12:10] | If you bring the guards in here, | 如果你让警卫进来 |
[12:11] | – I’ll absolutely faint. – One. | -我绝对会晕过去的 -一 |
[12:12] | – I will! – Sit with me, Annie. | -我会的 -坐过来 安妮 |
[12:13] | I got a kid didn’t make it past two months, | 我的孩子两个月不到就夭折了 |
[12:15] | – Two. – and a cripple husband. | -二 -还有个残废的丈夫 |
[12:16] | That’s it, guards! | 够了 警卫 |
[12:17] | That’s because you pushed him down the stairs. | 那是因为你把他推下楼去了 |
[12:18] | – No, you didn’t. – I did. | -不是那样的 -就是 |
[12:20] | He irked me, like you do. | 他让我讨厌 你也是 |
[12:22] | Maybe I ought to do an encore. | 也许我该故技重施 |
[12:30] | So then Zelda was jealous of Bettie’s life. | 这么说齐尔达嫉妒贝蒂的生活 |
[12:33] | Anything’d be better than her own. | 谁的生活都比她自己的强 |
[12:35] | Good motive for the identity theft. | 盗窃身份的强力动机 |
[12:38] | What happened to this Zelda? | 齐尔达后来怎么样了 |
[12:40] | – She still committed? – Oh, no. | -她还在住院吗 -不 |
[12:43] | She was too tricky for that. | 她可关不住 |
[12:44] | So she got out, despite there being bats in the belfry? | 这么说 她虽然不正常 但还是放出来了 |
[12:48] | She persuaded Dr. Paquette, the chief of medicine. | 她说服了医院主任 帕凯特医生 |
[12:52] | How, I don’t dare imagine. | 我不敢想象她怎么做到的 |
[12:54] | I signed her out myself. | 我亲自签字批准她出院的 |
[12:56] | When was that? | 什么时候的事 |
[12:58] | The morning Bettie was released. | 贝蒂出院的那个早上 |
[13:02] | And there’s her opportunity. | 这就有机会下手了 |
[13:12] | – Zelda Amatuzzi? Philly P.D. – Oh, Zelda? | -齐尔达·阿玛图齐 费城警局 -齐尔达 |
[13:19] | We want to talk to you about Bettie Petrowski. | 我们要跟你谈谈贝蒂·彼得罗斯基 |
[13:21] | Yeah, you knew her at city asylum. | 你跟她在市精神病院认识的 |
[13:23] | Yes, he said asylum. Carry on. | 没错 他说了精神病院 继续走吧 |
[13:29] | We got people telling us you hated Bettie, | 我们听说你恨贝蒂 |
[13:31] | threatened to kill her, like you tried to do your husband. | 还威胁说要杀她 就像你想杀你丈夫那样 |
[13:34] | Hey, if a worthless, drunk son of a bitch | 如果一个没用的酒鬼混蛋 |
[13:38] | falls down the stairs and no one’s around, did he really fall? | 自己摔下了楼梯 就一定有鬼吗 |
[13:43] | According to the police report, yes, and at your hand. | 据警方报告来看 就是你推他摔了下去 |
[13:47] | Maybe you waited for her outside the hospital, | 或许你等在医院外面 |
[13:49] | got her back for having what you didn’t. | 惩罚她拥有你没有的东西 |
[13:51] | I didn’t hate Bettie. | 我才不恨贝蒂呢 |
[13:53] | Get yourselves up to date, will you? | 你了解一下后来的情况 好不好 |
[13:55] | Well, do us the honors, Zelda. | 你来说吧 齐尔达 |
[13:56] | Bettie stuck up for me. | 贝蒂维护了我 |
[13:59] | She made those other hens realize | 她让其他那些女人知道 |
[14:01] | that I wasn’t just loony as they thought. | 我不像她们想的那么疯 |
[14:09] | Paint by numbers. | 照数字画画 |
[14:11] | I feel like a trained seal. | 我觉得自己像头被驯服的海豹 |
[14:14] | – Carmen! – Yes, Bettie? | -卡门 -贝蒂 怎么了 |
[14:17] | Come take a peek. | 过来看看 |
[14:20] | Carmen, that is delightfully creative. | 卡门 这真是太有创意了 |
[14:24] | – This thing? I don’t know. – I like it. | -这个嘛 或许吧 -我喜欢 |
[14:27] | Hey, bones, you could use some of this food. | 小瘦子 你正好该吃点东西了 |
[14:30] | Carmen had private art lessons with famous artists, | 卡门曾跟著名的艺术家上过课 |
[14:33] | because her family’s got railroad money. | 因为她家有的是钱 |
[14:35] | Ah, which they put to good use keeping me locked away in here. | 是啊 他们都用来把我关在这里了 |
[14:39] | Why are you here, Carmen? | 你为什么会被关进来 卡门 |
[14:42] | I paint nude ladies and skeletons, | 我画裸女和骷髅 |
[14:45] | and sometimes derelicts with a bottle of booze in their hands. | 有时还画手里握酒瓶的流浪汉 |
[14:48] | I’m a pervert and a ne’er-do-well, | 我是个变态 没用的废物 |
[14:51] | – can’t you tell? – If you’re a pervert, | -看不出来吗 -如果你是变态 |
[14:53] | I’m Mamie Eisenhower. | 我就是玛米·艾森豪威尔 |
[14:55] | Everybody, can it! | 都给我闭嘴 |
[14:57] | I hear him. | 我听到了 |
[14:58] | Oh, all I wanna do is dance. | 天呐 我只想跳舞 |
[15:01] | – Oh, here she goes. – What is it? | -又来了 -怎么了 |
[15:03] | You’re imagining things, Zelda. | 那是你的幻想 齐尔达 |
[15:05] | – She thinks she hears Elvis Presley. – Who? | -她觉得自己听到了猫王的歌 -谁 |
[15:08] | – He sings negro music. – He invades my dreams. | -他唱黑人音乐 -他进入了我的梦乡 |
[15:12] | More like your head. | 是你的脑袋吧 |
[15:13] | At least I don’t have knee bones wider than my head. | 至少我没有比膝关节还小的脑袋 |
[15:16] | I hear it, too! | 我也听到了 |
[15:19] | – Hello. – Anton. | -你好 -安东 |
[15:22] | Woo-ee, there he is. | 就是这样 |
[15:39] | That’s when Anton got his new hobby, Bettie Petrowski. | 于是安东找到了新的激情 贝蒂·彼得罗斯基 |
[15:45] | – So he pursued her? – Like a dog on a scent. | -他追她了吗 -甩都甩不开 |
[15:47] | He know she was married? | 他知道她结婚了吗 |
[15:49] | He’d strut around telling all of us he’d be the one to turn her head. | 他到处跟人说他会令她动心的 |
[15:54] | – Did she return the feelings? – It’s 1954. | -她也对他动心了吗 -那是1954年 |
[15:58] | A young black kid’s got the hots | 一个年轻的黑人男孩喜欢上了 |
[16:00] | for a white married lady older than him. | 比他年长的白人已婚妇女 |
[16:03] | You think he had a snowball’s chance? | 你觉得他有机会吗 |
[16:12] | Let’s talk about Bettie Petrowski. | 我们谈谈贝蒂·彼得罗斯基吧 |
[16:14] | We heard you had it bad for her. | 我们听说你喜欢她 |
[16:17] | She was a nice lady. | 她人很好 |
[16:18] | Well, Bettie was killed, you know. | 贝蒂被杀了 |
[16:21] | Skull bashed in, over her right eye, an act of rage. | 头部遭重击 就在右眼上方 愤怒的表现 |
[16:25] | I don’t know anything about that. | 这我不知道 |
[16:27] | Ah, it must’ve hurt, Anton, when you realized it didn’t matter | 安东 你当时一定很心痛吧 当你意识到 |
[16:30] | if these ladies were locked up, sick in the head, | 就算这些女人脑子有病 被关起来 |
[16:33] | you still weren’t gonna be good enough for them. | 你还是配不上她们 |
[16:35] | You were just the black boy changing the sheets, right? | 你只是换床单的黑人孩子 |
[16:39] | No, it wasn’t like that in the hospital. | 不 医院里不是那样的 |
[16:41] | – How was it? – We could be friends. | -那是什么样的 -我们能做朋友 |
[16:44] | Way we couldn’t on the outside. | 做在外面做不成的朋友 |
[16:46] | But you didn’t want to settle for just friends with Bettie. | 但你对贝蒂的感情不只是朋友那么简单 |
[16:50] | Bettie was devoted to her husband and her boy. | 贝蒂一心一意想着她的丈夫和儿子 |
[16:53] | Said that they were what kept her going in there. | 说他们是让她在那里继续待下去的动力 |
[16:58] | I’m a romantic. | 我是个浪漫主义者 |
[17:00] | – You two got close. – Yeah. | -你们变得很亲密 -对 |
[17:04] | Bettie got real low a few weeks in. | 入院后几周 贝蒂情绪很低迷 |
[17:07] | They gave her hydrobath treatment. | 他们给她做了水疗 |
[17:10] | – What’s that? – Well, it’s bathtubs full of ice, | -那是什么 -就是放一缸冰块 |
[17:14] | girls would have to soak in. | 让病人泡进去 |
[17:15] | Supposed to snap you out of depression. | 说是能让人脱离忧郁感 |
[17:19] | I looked after her then. | 我当时照顾她 |
[17:21] | Learned about her. | 也了解了她 |
[17:31] | Bettie’s not moving, Anton. Take her out. | 贝蒂不动了 安东 把她带出来吧 |
[17:33] | Wait. Not yet. It’ll help her soon enough. | 等等吧 很快就能对她有帮助了 |
[17:35] | Have you had it? Because I have. | 你做过吗 我可做过 |
[17:38] | – It don’t work. – All right, girls. | -没什么用 -好了 姑娘们 |
[17:40] | – I’m going in. – Anton. | -我进去 -安东 |
[18:08] | Bettie? | 贝蒂 |
[18:11] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[18:13] | Let me out. | 让我出去 |
[18:15] | I’m not supposed to. | 我不能 |
[18:20] | Zelda wanted me to give you this. | 齐尔达要我给你这个 |
[18:25] | All your friends are all thinking about you, Bettie. | 你的朋友们都想着你呢 贝蒂 |
[18:27] | Otis. | 奥蒂斯 |
[18:29] | Why don’t you tell me about Otis? | 你跟我说说奥蒂斯吧 |
[18:32] | Tell me your favorite time with him. | 跟我说说你跟他在一起最开心的一次 |
[18:35] | At the park. | 在公园 |
[18:38] | At the park. | 在公园 |
[18:39] | We went to the swings. | 我们去荡秋千 |
[18:42] | My little sisters love that. | 我的妹妹们也喜欢那个 |
[18:44] | – It started to rain. – Oh, no. | -然后下起了雨 -不是吧 |
[18:47] | Warm rain. Spring. | 是温的 春雨 |
[18:52] | Everybody ran to their cars. | 大家都跑回了车上 |
[18:55] | Not you? | 你没有 |
[18:59] | Otis wanted to stay. | 奥蒂斯想留下 |
[19:02] | We did. | 我们就没走 |
[19:04] | We stayed. | 我们留下了 |
[19:07] | That’s wonderful, Bettie. | 那真好 贝蒂 |
[19:12] | Let’s get you out. | 出来吧 |
[19:14] | You’re all better now. | 你现在好多了 |
[19:35] | What is this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[19:37] | What am I looking at? Hey! What are you two doing? | 这是什么情况 你们俩在做什么 |
[19:40] | – You put her down. – I was making her warm, sir. | -你把她放下 -我想给她取暖 先生 |
[19:43] | You do not touch her. Bettie, Bettie, you look at me. | 别碰她 贝蒂 贝蒂 看着我 |
[19:46] | She’s not feeling well, sir. | 她不舒服 先生 |
[19:47] | – She’s been in the tub… – Get out! | -她刚做了冰浴 -滚 |
[19:53] | What are you doing to me? | 你这是干什么啊 |
[19:57] | You better run, boy. | 赶快给我跑 小子 |
[19:59] | He looked at me | 他看着我 |
[20:02] | and I thought I was a dead man. | 我以为我死定了 |
[20:05] | The husband ever follow up with you? | 她丈夫后来找你了吗 |
[20:08] | No. | 没有 |
[20:10] | Maybe he didn’t take it out on you. | 或许他没拿你撒气 |
[20:13] | Took it out on Bettie. | 而是拿贝蒂撒了气 |
[20:25] | Hey, your car still out? I can get you home again. | 你的车还没修好吗 我可以再送你一次 |
[20:33] | No, thanks. | 不用了 |
[20:35] | Me and Will were just leaving. | 我和威尔正要走呢 |
[20:37] | You two have a nice night. | 二位晚上愉快 |
[20:41] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[20:44] | Offering a ride. | 想送你一程 |
[20:45] | Maybe keep the charity out of Vera’s earshot. | 能不能别让维拉听到你这么好心 |
[20:48] | Ah, they’re giving us grief. It’s nothing. | 他们就是玩笑而已 没什么 |
[20:51] | It’s nothing when they do it to you. | 他们跟你开玩笑才是没什么 |
[20:57] | You’re not doing yourself any favors, | 你这么做对自己没有好处 |
[20:59] | clamming up about what happened with that sergeant White. | 闭口不提你跟怀特队长的事 |
[21:03] | Sherman filled me in. Why don’t you tell the truth? | 谢尔曼告诉我了 你为什么不说出来 |
[21:06] | Because Vera and them are walking around | 因为维拉他们 |
[21:07] | thinking you’re something you’re not. | 都对你有误会 |
[21:09] | Some thing? Like what? | 误会 误会什么 |
[21:13] | A slut? | 我是荡妇吗 |
[21:16] | – Yeah, all right. But you’re not. – Yeah. | -对 但你不是 -没错 |
[21:19] | I’m saying it’d be easier for you here if people knew the truth. | 我只是想说如果你说出实情 对你会好些 |
[21:23] | Every guy I’ve worked with, cops, you guys… | 我合作过的每一个警察 你们 |
[21:27] | you guys mess around, you get around. | 你们沾花惹草就无所谓 |
[21:29] | – You said it about yourself. – I’ve made mistakes. | -你说过你也干过 -我是犯过些错 |
[21:31] | And whatever you did, | 不论你干什么 |
[21:34] | no one gives you the up and down in the office, | 都不会有人在警局里跟你过不去 |
[21:36] | like you don’t deserve to be here. | 好像你不配待在这里 |
[21:37] | No one thinks that about you. | 没人那么看你 |
[21:39] | You don’t have to make a presentation about personal stuff. | 你们不需要为私人的事跟大家说明白 |
[21:42] | None of you guys do. | 你们都不需要 |
[21:44] | Why should I? | 凭什么我就要 |
[21:47] | It could help you. | 对你有好处的 |
[21:52] | I’m not helping myself that way. | 有好处我也不要那么做 |
[21:57] | – Jo, let me drive you. – I’m walking. | -乔 让我送你吧 -我走路回去 |
[22:07] | Otis, your dad may have thought your mother was having an affair | 奥蒂斯 你父亲可能以为你母亲跟一个 |
[22:12] | with a hospital orderly, a young black guy. | 年轻的黑人医院杂工有染 |
[22:15] | A couple of obvious problems there. | 这就产生了一些明摆着的问题 |
[22:17] | No way. My mom was nuts about my dad. | 不可能 我妈妈对爸爸很专一 |
[22:20] | She loved him like crazy. | 她爱他都爱疯了 |
[22:22] | Like crazy. | 爱疯了 |
[22:24] | Your mother took good care of that cowboy you gave her. | 你妈妈小心保管着你给她的那个牛仔 |
[22:27] | Everyone we talked to mentions her having it around all the time. | 我们找来问话的人都说她总是随身带着 |
[22:31] | I gave it to her to protect her. | 我给她那个是想保护她 |
[22:36] | Maybe this is why mom says | 或许这就是妈妈说你 |
[22:37] | you have trouble showing your feelings. | 无法表达自己感情的原因 |
[22:39] | Because of losing grandma. | 因为你失去了奶奶 |
[22:41] | Great. You two analyzing me. | 好啊 你们俩还分析起我来了 |
[22:44] | Otis, did your dad ever show any violent tendencies? | 奥蒂斯 你爸有过任何暴力的倾向 |
[22:48] | Any temper problems? | 或者容易动怒吗 |
[22:50] | My father wouldn’t have lost his head about some orderly, no. | 我爸不会为个医院杂工冲昏头脑的 |
[22:53] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[22:54] | Because by then, my dad knew he had to move on from my mom. | 因为那时 他已经知道他得忘记妈妈 向前看了 |
[23:05] | Otis asked me when you’re coming home. | 奥蒂斯问我你什么时候能回家 |
[23:08] | I don’t want to lie to him anymore. | 我不想再对他撒谎了 |
[23:10] | Then tell the hospital it’s time for me to go. | 那就告诉医院该让我回家了 |
[23:13] | – You’re not better. – They said they’d cure me. | -你没有好转 -他们说会治好我的 |
[23:17] | Doctor said it’s manic depression. | 医生说你是躁郁症 |
[23:20] | – There is no cure. – Not yet. | -治不好的 -暂时还治不好 |
[23:22] | You don’t know what they’ll come up with next. | 谁知道他们还会发现什么新办法 |
[23:24] | What do me and Otis do until then? | 那我和奥蒂斯在那之前要怎么办 |
[23:27] | Put up with me? | 容忍我 |
[23:29] | – You almost killed our son in a fire. – I’m sorry. | -你差点害我们的儿子葬身火海 -对不起 |
[23:38] | What is it, Terrence? | 怎么了 泰伦斯 |
[23:42] | I met a lady at church. | 我在教堂结识了一位女士 |
[23:49] | Look, I’ve got to make a good home for Otis. | 我得给奥蒂斯一个健全的家庭 |
[23:51] | I can’t raise him on my own. | 我不能独自抚养他 |
[23:54] | We’re being punished. | 我们在受惩罚 |
[23:55] | Me and the girls for something I did in art class. | 我和其他女孩 因为我们在艺术课上做的事 |
[23:57] | Terrence, I don’t think I’ll survive it | 泰伦斯 如果没有你和奥蒂斯等着我 |
[23:59] | if I don’t have Otis to come home to. | 恐怕我是撑不下去的 |
[24:00] | You’re not good for him, Bettie. | 你对他没有好处 贝蒂 |
[24:04] | You can’t. | 你做不到 |
[24:13] | I guess I’m no good to him sick. | 我想我病着是对他没好处 |
[24:17] | And there’s no cure for that. | 而这病又没得治 |
[24:22] | I want Otis to have the best life there is. | 我希望奥蒂斯能过上最好的生活 |
[24:25] | Promise. | 答应我 |
[24:27] | Promise me straight from the heart, Terrence. | 真心向我发誓 泰伦斯 |
[24:29] | He’ll get the best. | 他会过最好的生活 |
[24:32] | I promise, Bettie. | 我保证 贝蒂 |
[24:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[24:49] | Otis, let’s go. | 奥蒂斯 我们走吧 |
[24:57] | That’s okay, little man, you can take him. | 没关系 小家伙 你留着吧 |
[25:00] | You give him to me next time, mom. | 我们下次见面再给我吧 妈妈 |
[25:04] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[25:06] | Won’t you hug your old mom? | 不来抱抱妈妈吗 |
[25:25] | What was she being punished for? | 她为什么事受惩罚 |
[25:27] | – I don’t know. – Otis, when was this? | -我不知道 -奥蒂斯 那是什么时候的事 |
[25:29] | – Right before Christmas. – Right before your mom died, right? | -就在圣诞节之前 -就在她死之前 |
[25:33] | Bettie said it was she and the girls. | 贝蒂说她和其他女孩都受罚了 |
[25:36] | Maybe Zelda knows who was being punished and why. | 或许齐尔达知道受罚的人和事由 |
[25:43] | We heard Bettie and her friends | 我们听说贝蒂和她的朋友 |
[25:45] | were punished by the hospital right around Christmas. | 在圣诞节前受到了惩罚 |
[25:49] | Something involving art class? | 跟艺术课有关 |
[25:51] | That something involve you? | 这事也跟你有关吗 |
[25:53] | It usually did. | 一般都有 |
[25:55] | You’re talking about Bettie’s big idea. | 那是贝蒂的好主意 |
[25:58] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:59] | You see, Bettie had this wacky idea | 贝蒂有个古怪的想法 |
[26:02] | that we needed some culture for our brains, | 她认为我们需要用文化滋养头脑 |
[26:05] | and that Carmen would be the one supplying it vis-a-vis art class. | 而这就要靠卡门通过艺术课来实现了 |
[26:11] | So, Carmen, the rich one, she was the art teacher? | 卡门 那个有钱人家的女孩 她来做老师吗 |
[26:15] | But it was Bettie that got her heart set on making this a real class. | 但却是贝蒂一心想把这门课当真 |
[26:21] | – Real, huh? – Yeah. | -当真 -是啊 |
[26:23] | And, uh, that’s how Carmen got ruined. | 也是这事彻底害了卡门 |
[26:28] | I need to stop giggling. | 我不能再笑了 |
[26:30] | This place echoes like a church. | 这地方像教堂一样有回音 |
[26:33] | I’m ready. Consider me an artiste. | 我准备好了 我现在就是艺术家了 |
[26:36] | Okay, we’ve been talking about the human form. | 好了 我们一直在讲人体 |
[26:38] | Last time we did line drawings of each other’s faces. | 上次我们用线条勾勒了彼此的脸 |
[26:41] | Bettie did a very beautiful drawing of Annie. | 贝蒂画的安妮很不错 |
[26:44] | Tonight we move on to the body. | 今晚 我们要画酮体 |
[26:46] | Depicting the nude is an ancient tradition in art. | 画裸体是艺术的古老传统 |
[26:50] | Where artists sought to depict a more idealized human form. | 艺术家力求画出一种更为理想的人体 |
[26:54] | I’ll say. Betty, you’re a genius. | 天啊 贝蒂 你真是个天才 |
[26:57] | It is said Michelangelo believed that | 据说 米开朗基罗认为 |
[26:59] | the figure of David already existed inside | 大卫的身形早已存在于 |
[27:02] | the block of stone he was carving. | 他所雕刻的石块之中 |
[27:04] | And that his art would merely set David free. | 而他的艺术只是解放了大卫 |
[27:09] | Carmen, I think we’re ready to be set free. | 卡门 我想我们可以解放自己了 |
[27:12] | I think I’ll faint. | 我想我要晕过去了 |
[27:21] | – Carmen! – Oh, bones, just take a deep breath. | -卡门 -小瘦子 深呼吸一下就好 |
[27:24] | No. | 不要 |
[27:27] | This is absolutely forbidden. Absolutely against the… | 这是绝对不允许的 绝对违反… |
[27:30] | Holy Moses. | 我的天呐 |
[27:34] | Mr. De La Rosa. | 德·拉·洛萨先生 |
[27:37] | – Say good-bye, Carmen. This was your last chance. – No. | -道别吧 卡门 这是你最后的机会 -不 |
[27:41] | It was my idea. | 这是我的主意 |
[27:47] | It was Carmen’s last chance for what? | 卡门最后的机会什么意思 |
[27:51] | It was after that, that the hospital | 那之后 医院 |
[27:54] | and her family decided it was time | 和她的家人决定 |
[27:58] | for Carmen to have her lobotomy. | 该给卡门做额叶切除术了 |
[28:01] | Because of the art class? | 就因为艺术课吗 |
[28:03] | The nude black man pushed them over the edge. | 裸体的黑人的确让他们忍无可忍了 |
[28:06] | How’d Carmen feel about getting the… | 卡门对这事什么反应 |
[28:08] | The old ice pick through the eye? | 对冰锥刺入眼睛什么反应 |
[28:09] | What do you think? | 你说呢 |
[28:16] | It was the end of her world. | 她的世界终结了 |
[28:33] | So this is how it is now? | 现在就这样了吗 |
[28:35] | – What? – You work with someone, you need eye contact. | -什么 -你跟人合作是需要有眼神交流的 |
[28:42] | – It’s your own business. You’re right. – Thanks. | -那是你自己的事 你说的对 -谢谢 |
[28:46] | – I didn’t mean to make you upset. – All right. | -我并没想惹你生气 -好吧 |
[28:48] | As far as you being part of things here, | 你来这里之后 |
[28:51] | you’ve been real good. Everyone sees you pulling your weight. | 表现得很不错 你的实力有目共睹 |
[28:55] | I’m trying. | 我在努力 |
[28:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:01] | It’s peace? | 那没事了吧 |
[29:04] | Peace. | 没事了 |
[29:13] | – I can’t do this. – No, I know. | -我不能这样 -我知道 |
[29:18] | – I can’t afford it. – Me neither. | -我经受不起 -我也是 |
[29:20] | So don’t look at me like that. | 那就别那么看着我 |
[29:27] | I won’t. | 我不会了 |
[29:32] | Stand aside. | 让开 |
[29:39] | Done and done. | 让开了 |
[29:57] | Hospital records say Carmen went in for the lobotomy, | 医院记录显示卡门去做了额叶切除术 |
[29:59] | but never checked out. | 但是没有出院记录 |
[30:00] | I ran her name down every which way, no trace of her after that. | 我到处查她的名字 那之后她完全销声匿迹了 |
[30:04] | Here’s why. The old lady I brought Otis in to see, | 原因在这里呢 我让奥蒂斯来认领的老妇人 |
[30:07] | – she’s Carmen Hays. – Confirmed it from dental records. | -她才是卡门·海耶斯 -牙科记录证实了 |
[30:10] | So Carmen stole Bettie’s identity. | 那么说卡门盗取了贝蒂的身份 |
[30:13] | But here’s what’s screwy. | 但蹊跷的是 |
[30:14] | Carmen’s body? No trace of a lobotomy. | 卡门的尸体 完全没有额叶切除术的迹象 |
[30:18] | So she got out of it somehow. | 那么她躲过了一劫 |
[30:20] | Something interesting with Bettie’s remains, though. | 贝蒂的遗骸也有些奇怪的地方 |
[30:22] | This bone was broken when Bettie’s body was found in ’54. | 贝蒂的尸体于54年被发现时这块骨头就断了 |
[30:25] | Autopsy report said that was cause of death, blunt force trauma. | 尸检报告称那是死亡原因 颅脑遭重击 |
[30:29] | But this break is clean. Consistent with a surgical break. | 但这个切口很利落 是外科手术切口 |
[30:34] | Bettie’s the one who had the lobotomy. | 贝蒂做了那个额叶切除术 |
[30:36] | So Bettie goes under the knife, | 贝蒂去挨了刀子 |
[30:37] | Carmen walks free using Bettie’s name. | 而卡门顶着贝蒂的名字离开了 |
[30:41] | How’s this get past nurse Olsen? | 奥森护士怎么会没发现呢 |
[30:43] | The one-woman security check. | 一个人的安检啊 |
[30:44] | She would have known Carmen from Bettie. | 她肯定分得清贝蒂和卡门 |
[30:47] | She was in on it. | 她也有份 |
[30:51] | Nurse Olsen, let me ask you. | 奥森护士 我问问你 |
[30:53] | You notice anything different about Bettie Petrowski | 你签字批准贝蒂·彼得罗斯基出院的时候 |
[30:56] | when you signed her out of the hospital? | 注意到她有什么不同了吗 |
[30:58] | – Different? – Like maybe she’s not the same person she used to be? | -不同 -比如或许她和之前不是一个人了 |
[31:02] | Like maybe she’s Carmen? | 比如她是卡门 |
[31:07] | Look, you know what we’re talking about. | 你很清楚我们指的是什么 |
[31:09] | No one checked in or out of that hospital without going through you. | 任何进出医院的人都得经过你的手 |
[31:12] | – That’s true. – And Bettie Petrowski checked out. | -没错 -贝蒂·彼得罗斯基出院了 |
[31:16] | Only it was really Carmen. | 不过那实际上是卡门 |
[31:17] | You helped her escape with Bettie’s name. | 你帮她顶着贝蒂的名字逃脱了 |
[31:19] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[31:20] | The Hays family was flush. | 海耶斯家很有钱 |
[31:22] | Carmen would have compensated you nicely. | 卡门会给你不少好处的 |
[31:24] | I did not do anything for Carmen. | 我没为卡门做任何事 |
[31:26] | Then how do you explain her getting out | 那你要怎么解释她出院 |
[31:29] | and Bettie getting her lobotomy? | 贝蒂却做了额叶切除术呢 |
[31:30] | You put your professional opinion aside, | 你忘记了你的职业操守 |
[31:32] | and gave Carmen what she paid you for. | 拿卡门的钱替她办事 |
[31:34] | You’re wrong. It was my decision as a medical professional. | 你错了 那是我作为专业医务人员的决定 |
[31:37] | To lobotomize Bettie? | 给贝蒂做额叶切除术 |
[31:40] | You have to understand. | 你们得理解 |
[31:42] | At the time we thought it was the cure. | 我们当时以为那能治病 |
[31:47] | – Absolutely not, Bettie. – Wait. Hear me out. | -绝对不行 贝蒂 -等等 听我说完 |
[31:51] | I told her you’d never do it, | 我说了你不会同意的 |
[31:53] | – Bettie. Just stop. – No. I won’t! | -贝蒂 别说了 -不 我要说 |
[31:55] | Dr. Freeman is the foremost lobotomist in the country. | 弗里曼医生的额叶切除术在全国数一数二 |
[31:58] | He is only in Philadelphia twice a year. | 而他一年只来费城两次 |
[32:01] | I’m saying Carmen doesn’t want it, but I do. | 我想说卡门不想做 但我想做 |
[32:03] | Let him take me. | 让他给我做吧 |
[32:05] | I’m the one who needs to be cured. | 我才是需要手术的那个 |
[32:06] | There’s nothing wrong with Carmen. | 但是卡门本来就好好的 |
[32:08] | You are not a doctor, Bettie. | 你可不是医生 贝蒂 |
[32:10] | Carmen’s only problem is she’s trapped here by her family | 卡门唯一的问题是她被家人困在了这里 |
[32:12] | and can’t show the world her art. | 不能向世人展示她的画作 |
[32:14] | Wouldn’t you like that, Carmen? | 你说呢 卡门 |
[32:16] | – I don’t need to be famous. – But you need to be free. | -我不需要出名 -但你需要自由 |
[32:20] | And the world needs you. | 这个世界也需要你 |
[32:22] | How many people can make pictures like yours? | 有多少人能画出你那样的作品 |
[32:24] | I don’t feel right about this, Bettie. | 这样不好 贝蒂 |
[32:26] | This is harebrained, isn’t it? | 这太轻率了 不是吗 |
[32:27] | No. I’ve read it. | 不 我了解过 |
[32:29] | Lobotomy’s meant to even out your moods. That’s what I need, | 额叶切除术能让人平静 这正是我需要的 |
[32:32] | so I can see my Otis again. Please. | 那样我就能再见到我的奥蒂斯了 求你 |
[32:35] | – Nurse, you said Dr. Freeman’s the best. – He is. | -护士 你说弗里曼医生是最好的 -没错 |
[32:39] | This is my last chance. | 这是我最后的机会了 |
[32:41] | If I wait, Otis’ll be moved on with another mother, | 如果现在不做 奥蒂斯就会跟新妈妈一起生活 |
[32:43] | a lady from church. | 他爸在教堂遇到的女人 |
[32:44] | And I’ll have to let him go. | 我只能放弃他了 |
[32:46] | All I want to do is paint. | 我只想画画 |
[32:48] | All I want is Otis. | 我只想要奥蒂斯 |
[32:53] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[32:59] | Something in your plan didn’t go right, | 你的计划肯定出了问题 |
[33:01] | because Bettie never saw Otis again. | 因为贝蒂再没能见到奥蒂斯 |
[33:04] | – The snowstorm ruined our plan. – How? | -暴风雪毁了我们的计划 -为什么 |
[33:09] | Roads were closed. | 道路封闭了 |
[33:12] | So instead of Bettie going to the private hospital | 结果额叶切除术完成后 |
[33:14] | that Carmen had paid for, | 贝蒂没能被带去 |
[33:16] | she was brought back to city asylum after the lobotomy. | 卡门预付过钱的私人诊所 而是回了市精神病院 |
[33:21] | That’s when Dr. Paquette got involved. | 于是被帕凯特医生发现了 |
[33:24] | The head of the hospital? | 医院主任 |
[33:27] | What did he do? | 他做了什么 |
[33:31] | To protect the hospital and his reputation… | 保护医院和他的名声 |
[33:40] | he… | 他 |
[33:41] | he made Anton clean up my mess. | 他逼安东收拾我制造的残局 |
[33:59] | Anton. | 安东 |
[34:03] | Did Dr. Paquette tell you to kill Bettie Petrowski? | 帕凯特医生让你杀了贝蒂·彼得罗斯基吗 |
[34:07] | – I don’t remember that. – You were her friend, Anton. | -我不记得了 -你是她的朋友啊 安东 |
[34:11] | You cared about her. | 你在乎过她 |
[34:13] | Don’t tell me this doesn’t eat at you. | 别说这事不让你心痛 |
[34:15] | He said to get rid of her. | 他让我处理掉她 |
[34:18] | Said nobody would miss her, anyhow. | 他说反正也没人会想她 |
[34:23] | Otis missed her. | 奥蒂斯就想她 |
[34:26] | I thought I could save myself… and my little sisters. | 我觉得我能自救 也能救我的妹妹们 |
[34:32] | But I made a bargain with the devil that day. | 但那天我跟魔鬼做了交易 |
[34:38] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[34:39] | He told me he’d use the art class against me… | 他说他会利用艺术课的事陷害我 |
[34:44] | turn it into a sexual allegation. | 指控我性骚扰 |
[34:48] | If I went to jail, there’d be nobody to take care of my sisters. | 如果我进了监狱 就没人会照顾我的妹妹们了 |
[34:56] | Where’d you take her? | 你带她去了哪里 |
[34:58] | She was like a child. | 她就像个孩子 |
[35:02] | Couldn’t fend for herself. | 完全不能照顾自己 |
[35:07] | I put her in my truck. | 我带她上了我的车 |
[35:12] | She couldn’t understand where we were going. | 她不明白我们要去哪里 |
[35:20] | I don’t know if Otis still remembers this, | 我不知道奥蒂斯是不是还记得这个 |
[35:25] | but I always thought it should go back to him some way. | 但我一直觉得这东西该回到他的手中 |
[35:36] | What’d you do with her, Anton? | 你对她做了什么 安东 |
[35:42] | I tried to be merciful. | 我想对她仁慈一点 |
[35:53] | It’s all right, Bettie. | 没事的 贝蒂 |
[35:57] | Isn’t it beautiful outside? | 外面多美啊 |
[36:02] | It’s not so bad. | 这挺好的 |
[36:07] | Not so bad. | 挺好的 |
[36:29] | The park? | 那个公园 |
[36:32] | That’s the park. | 就是那个公园吧 |
[36:36] | Otis… | 奥蒂斯 |
[36:44] | All right, Bettie. | 好吧 贝蒂 |
[37:08] | Remember when you and Otis went to the park? | 还记得你带奥蒂斯去公园吗 |
[37:11] | And it started to rain? | 突然下起了雨 |
[37:14] | Everybody else wanted to go to their car, but not Otis. | 大家都跑回车里 奥蒂斯却没有 |
[37:20] | You want to go on down there? | 你要过去吗 |
[37:22] | Go on out to the swings? | 去荡秋千 |
[37:25] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[37:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:37] | It was springtime, Bettie, remember? | 那是春天 贝蒂 记得吗 |
[37:40] | It was a warm rain. | 下着暖暖的春雨 |
[37:42] | Just like now. So you won’t be cold. | 就像现在一样 所以你不会冷的 |
[37:49] | Go ahead now. | 去吧 |
[39:00] | 歌曲:”Only you” 歌手:The Platters |