时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Those marched in the streets were just kids. | 街上游行的都是小孩 |
[00:13] | And the police were using fire hoses and dogs on ’em. | 警察却用高压水枪和警犬对付他们 |
[00:17] | Fillin’ their jails with children. | 监狱里关满了孩子 |
[00:18] | I’m just thankful we left Biloxi. | 真庆幸咱们离开了比洛克西 |
[00:20] | I think Dr. King’s right. | 我认为金博士说得对 |
[00:22] | That march on Washington next month? | 下个月在华盛顿举行的游行 |
[00:24] | That’ll change people’s minds. | 会改变人们的观念 |
[00:25] | Marching the streets? Isn’t the asnwer, son. | 去街上游行 没法改变 儿子 |
[00:28] | What is Pops? | 那怎么才可以 老爸 |
[00:29] | Dignity, hard work, education. | 尊严 努力工作 受教育 |
[00:32] | Things in life that matter most. | 人生中最重要的问题 |
[00:34] | Dr. King says, our lives begin to end | 金博士说 从我们对重要的事 |
[00:36] | the day we become silent about the things that matter. | 保持沉默那天起 生命就已走向终结 |
[00:39] | Your son’s gotta point, Donald. | 你儿子是对的 唐纳德 |
[00:40] | Oh, my son? | 那还用说 |
[00:43] | Where you think he get all his sass from? | 你觉得他跟谁学的这套 |
[00:44] | From your mother side. | 遗传妈妈的 |
[00:45] | But that’s a whole other story. | 但这完全又是另一回事了 |
[00:56] | Donald Williams. | 唐纳德·威廉姆斯 |
[00:58] | I’m Billy Jones. | 我是比利·琼斯 |
[00:59] | – From TBL defense systems? – Yeah. | -TBL防御系统公司 -你好 |
[01:01] | Glad to finally meet you, Billy. | 很高兴终于见面了 比利 |
[01:02] | You’re all moved in, I suppose? | 你们都搬过来了吧 |
[01:04] | Looking forward to seeing the plant tomorrow. | 很期待明天能参观工厂 |
[01:05] | – Why don’t I take that from you? – Thank you. | -我来帮你拿吧 -谢谢 |
[01:10] | I’m Judith. Billy’s sister-in-law. | 我是朱迪丝 比利的嫂子 |
[01:12] | So, pleased to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[01:13] | Oh, Mary Williams, likewise. | 我也是 我是玛丽·威廉姆斯 |
[01:15] | This is my husband Donald, and our son Ezekiel. | 这是我丈夫唐纳德 我儿子伊齐基尔 |
[01:18] | You can call me Zeke for short, ma’am. | 夫人 您也可以叫我齐克 |
[01:20] | Zeke, it is then. | 那好 齐克 |
[01:21] | My husband Henry is around here, somewhere… | 我丈夫亨利就在附近 |
[01:24] | Sweetheart! | 亲爱的 |
[01:28] | I understand you’re in military, Mr. Willams? | 威廉姆斯先生 我知道您是军人 |
[01:30] | Did they train you to work on planes? | 您是开飞机的吗 |
[01:31] | Well, actually I’m an engineer. | 其实我是工程师 |
[01:33] | I build’em. | 我造飞机 |
[01:34] | Mr. Williams will be overseeing operations in TBL. | 威廉姆斯先生将到TBL担任技术总监 |
[01:37] | He’s your boss, Billy? | 他是你老板吗 比利 |
[01:38] | Henry, the Williams are our new neighbors | 亨利 威廉姆斯一家是我们的新邻居 |
[01:40] | they just came up from Mississippi. | 他们刚从密西西比搬过来 |
[01:43] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[01:44] | I better help Charlotte get some dessert. | 我得去帮夏洛特拿点甜点 |
[01:46] | Jump in there, Zeke. Before my neice gobbles it all down. | 齐克 你快去 不然我侄女全吃光了 |
[01:49] | Jell-O! | 果冻 |
[01:51] | I thought you wanted cake, Charlotte. | 夏洛特 你不是要吃蛋糕吗 |
[01:52] | I don’t like cake, Daddy. | 爸爸 我不爱吃蛋糕 |
[01:54] | Sure you do. | 你爱吃 |
[01:55] | You love cake. | 你喜欢蛋糕 |
[02:10] | With this faith we will be able to work together, | 有了这个信念 我们就能一同工作 |
[02:12] | to pray together, to struggle together, | 一同祈祷 一同斗争 |
[02:14] | to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together… | 一同入狱 一同维护自由 |
[02:38] | Holy moly! | 我的天啊 |
[02:39] | – What is that? – Let’s get out of here. | -那是什么 -咱们赶紧走 |
[02:42] | It’s a kid. | 是个小孩 |
[02:46] | Don’t touch it, Willy! | 威利 别碰他 |
[02:48] | The fuzz will put you in the slammer. | 警察会抓你去坐牢 |
[03:13] | 63年8月 伊齐基尔·威廉姆斯 | |
[03:19] | Last known address was this flophouse. | 最后出现的地方是这个廉价旅馆 |
[03:23] | Word on the street is our guy surfaces today. | 有消息说我们要找的人今天露面了 |
[03:25] | He’s been wanted on this warrarnt for six months. | 都通缉他六个月了 |
[03:28] | Better surface. | 出来的真是时候 |
[03:29] | This his posse? | 他的手下吗 |
[03:35] | Will? | 威尔 |
[03:38] | Hey. What is it? | 怎么了 |
[03:41] | Body was found here, 42 years ago. | 42年前 有人在这发现一具尸体 |
[03:44] | Whose body? | 谁的尸体 |
[03:46] | Sixteen year old boy. | 一个16岁男孩 |
[03:48] | Zeke Williams. | 齐克·威廉姆斯 |
[03:49] | Cold job? | 悬案吗 |
[03:50] | Never came in. | 不了了之 |
[03:52] | Every year, folks would leave flowers. | 每年居民们都会在这摆上鲜花祭奠他 |
[03:56] | – Not this year. – People forget. | -今年没了 -人都是健忘的 |
[04:01] | I was the one who found him, Lil. | 发现他尸体的人就是我 阿莉 |
[04:09] | I never forgot. | 永生难忘 |
[04:43] | Hey, Scotty. | 史考特 |
[04:47] | We miss you at first Thursdays. | 周四的聚会怎么没来 |
[04:49] | Well, don’t worry, | 别担心 |
[04:50] | we had a couple of cocktails put on you tab. | 就把几杯鸡尾酒钱记到你账上了 |
[04:51] | Live it up. | 你们开心就好 |
[04:53] | Looks like you were living it up yourself. | 貌似你也去寻开心了 |
[04:55] | Uh, nah-. Just… under the weather. | 没有 身体不太舒服 |
[04:58] | Can’t keep up with the barmaid, huh? | 那酒保太能”干” 你吃不消了吧 |
[04:59] | Will you drop it already? | 你有完没完 |
[05:01] | Hey, Scotty. Take it easy. | 史考特 别生气 |
[05:03] | Hey, Nun. You tell him to take it easy. | 你让他别再挑事了 |
[05:06] | Just messing, will ya? | 不过是玩笑罢了 |
[05:13] | I’m heading in. | 我进去了 |
[05:18] | Smelling like a brewery, too. | 他身上酒味也不小 |
[05:26] | Ezekiel Williams, 16. | 伊齐基尔·威廉姆斯 16岁 |
[05:28] | Parents reported him missing night of August 27, 1963. | 父母称他于63年8月27日晚失踪 |
[05:32] | Next day his body was found. | 次日就发现了他的尸体 |
[05:34] | Yeah. In gang territory. 19th and diamond posse. | 对 在黑帮的地盘 19街钻石帮 |
[05:37] | AKA, 19 diamonds, ran that turf. | 也称19钻 他是那个地头蛇 |
[05:41] | Thoery was, Zeke’s murder was drug related. | 据推测 齐克的死和毒品有关 |
[05:43] | Well, Zeke was a straight A student. | 齐克可是一名优等生 |
[05:45] | No prior drug or criminal history. | 没有吸毒史或犯罪史 |
[05:48] | Yep, kids like me ran those streets | 对 当年我这样在街上混的小孩 |
[05:50] | dreamt of being a diamond one day. | 都希望有朝一日成为黑帮老大 |
[05:53] | Not kids like Zeke. | 齐克那样的孩子不会 |
[05:54] | Gangster dreams, huh, Will? | 黑帮之梦吗 威尔 |
[05:57] | Yeah, now I’m one of the good guys. | 对 现在我竟然成了好人 |
[06:00] | Petechial hemorrhaging, | 大量淤血 |
[06:02] | possible suffocation, and body was beaten too badly to be sure. | 可能窒息而死 死前遭到毒打 |
[06:06] | With this kind of damage | 要造成这种损伤 |
[06:07] | you’d have a river of blood flowing through that playground. | 操场上一定血流成河了 |
[06:10] | No mention of blood in the scene notes. | 现场记录中没有提及血迹 |
[06:12] | Body was moved? | 尸体被转移过 |
[06:13] | Moved from where? | 从哪转移的 |
[06:17] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[06:18] | Cops back then thought it was some kind of code. | 当年的办案人员认为是某种密码 |
[06:21] | Couldn’t make heads or tails. | 没有任何头绪 |
[06:22] | Maybe we’ll get lucky this time around. | 也许我们会有发现 |
[06:25] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[06:38] | He broke Mary’s heart. | 玛丽伤心透了 |
[06:41] | She followed Zeke shortly after. | 没过多久就随齐克而去 |
[06:44] | And your wife thought Zeke’s murder was racially motivated. | 你太太认为齐克的死与种族歧视有关 |
[06:47] | We both did. | 我俩都这么想 |
[06:48] | Police wouldn’t listen. | 警察根本不听 |
[06:50] | Notherners never could face | 北方人永远不愿面对自己土地上 |
[06:52] | their own Emmett Tills. | 发生的种族悲剧 |
[06:54] | Why do you say that, Mr. Williams? | 为什么这么说 威廉姆斯先生 |
[06:56] | Back then, racism was supposed to be a Southern vice. | 那个年代 种族主义是南方才有的恶习 |
[07:00] | But the North had it’s own version. | 但北方也有北方的做法 |
[07:02] | Just as deadly. | 同样势不两立 |
[07:04] | Especially, when the black man was boss. | 尤其是黑人是上司的时候 |
[07:07] | Zeke had a run-in with someone on your job? | 齐克跟你厂子里的人有过冲突吗 |
[07:09] | He got a taste firsthand of what I had to go through every day. | 他亲身体会过我每天的感受 |
[07:15] | Bell UH-1s. | 贝尔UH-1型飞机 |
[07:16] | Defence contract. | 为国防部造的 |
[07:18] | Top of the line. | 现有最先进的机型 |
[07:19] | You tell all these people what to do Pops? | 你指挥这么多人吗 老爸 |
[07:21] | I oversee engineering and quality control. | 我负责监督工程部分和质量管理 |
[07:23] | Meaning you’re the boss. | 就是说你是老大了 |
[07:25] | A man is limited to nothing… | 一个只被 |
[07:26] | But his dreams. | 梦想束缚的男人 |
[07:30] | Noticed some problems in the fuel system flow switches. | 燃油系统的流量阀有些问题 |
[07:32] | You want to double check those. | 再去检查一下 |
[07:36] | Lunch ended ten minutes ago.Let’s go. | 午餐时间十分钟前就结束了 快去 |
[07:41] | Get back on the floor before I dock you the rest of the day. | 赶紧回去工作 否则我扣你半天工钱 |
[07:45] | I’m taking a smoke first. | 我抽根烟先 |
[07:46] | You heard the man quit your dilly dallying. | 听见他让你们别磨蹭了吧 |
[07:48] | Can’t I get a smoke first, Billy? | 比利 先抽根烟也不行吗 |
[07:49] | No, get on the floor. | 不行 回去工作 |
[07:53] | Gotta give them a kick time to time… | 要时不时地允许他们发泄一下 |
[07:55] | That’s how we run things here. | 这是这里的习俗 |
[07:57] | Yeah, you tell him boss. | 对啊 老大你教他吧 |
[07:59] | You said it, boss. | 你说得对 老大 |
[08:02] | You gonna stand by and watch that Pops? | 爸爸你就这么坐视不理吗 |
[08:06] | He’s not your boss. | 他不是你们老大 |
[08:08] | My father is. | 我父亲才是 |
[08:12] | Boy’s got a mouth on him. | 这小子嘴还挺硬 |
[08:13] | What d’you call him? | 你说他什么 |
[08:14] | Ain’t a man, is he? | 他还没成年吧 |
[08:16] | That’s all he meant, Donald. | 唐纳德 他只是那个意思 |
[08:20] | Let’s go, fellas. C’mon. | 伙计 走吧 |
[08:33] | I’ll never forget the look on Zeke’s face. | 我永远忘不了齐克的表情 |
[08:36] | I dissapointed him. | 我让他失望了 |
[08:38] | Zeke had any other encounters with your employees? | 齐克之后还遇到过你的员工吗 |
[08:41] | I wasn’t inclined to have another bring-your-son-to-work-days. | 后来我就没带着他去上过班 |
[08:44] | So, no. | 所以没有 |
[08:46] | And you told the cops all this back then? | 当年这些你都跟警察说过吗 |
[08:48] | I did. | 说了 |
[08:49] | So, why do you care now? | 你们怎么现在在意起来了 |
[08:55] | I was the one who found Zeke in the playground. | 在操场上发现齐克尸体的人是我 |
[09:00] | That’s why we’re here. | 所以我们才来这里 |
[09:01] | Trying to make it right. | 想查明真相 |
[09:04] | You’re 42 years late, son. | 孩子 你晚了42年 |
[09:15] | Zeke was steping out of line, he should’ve known better. | 齐克管太多了 他不该那样 |
[09:19] | So maybe your boys decided to school him in the proper etiquette. | 于是你手下用”适当”的手段教训了他 |
[09:23] | They weren’t my boys. | 他们不是我的手下 |
[09:25] | And they were young and dumb, but… | 他们年轻莽撞 但是 |
[09:27] | Not dangerous. | 并不危险 |
[09:28] | You didn’t agree with their philosophical outlook? | 所以你也不认同他们的做法了 |
[09:31] | I was there for the job and a paycheck, not the politics. | 我是去挣钱的 不是去搞政治 |
[09:34] | Did they ever bring up this incident with Zeke again? | 他们有没有提过跟齐克的冲突 |
[09:37] | Not to me. They knew how I stood on it. | 没跟我说 他们知道我的立场 |
[09:39] | Boss’s kid? | 上司的孩子 |
[09:41] | Leave it alone. | 少惹为妙 |
[09:42] | Well, someone didn’t leave it alone. | 可有人不肯善罢甘休 |
[09:47] | If you’ve got something to say… | 如果你有话要说 |
[09:49] | Now’s the time. | 现在可以说 |
[09:52] | Look. | 听着 |
[09:54] | Zeke, he was a good kid. | 齐克是个好孩子 |
[09:57] | But? | 但是呢 |
[09:59] | Even good kids play with fire. | 好孩子也会玩火 |
[10:04] | Henry just doesn’t understand how heavy groceries can be. | 亨利就是不明白杂货能有多重 |
[10:08] | Well, maybe you should learn how to drive, Judith. | 朱迪丝 你该学开车了 |
[10:11] | Oh, silly me on the road? | 那我就成马路杀手了 |
[10:13] | That’s what Henry would say. | 亨利肯定这么说 |
[10:20] | What’s going on here? | 这是什么情况 |
[10:23] | Where’s Charlotte? | 夏洛特呢 |
[10:25] | – What are you doin? – Mommy? | -你们干什么 -妈妈 |
[10:27] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[10:30] | It’s not what you think, Mrs. Judith! | 朱迪丝太太 您误会了 |
[10:31] | You just walk into my brother’s house to chase some tail? | 你居然跑到我哥家来泡妞 |
[10:38] | Carrying on in front of a child! | 当着一个孩子的面做这种事 |
[10:43] | You never told the cops this? | 你从没跟警察说过这事 |
[10:45] | Or your boss? | 跟你上司也没说 |
[10:46] | I thought it wasn’t any of my business. | 我觉得无论他跟女仆玛蒂尔达干什么 |
[10:47] | Whatever he was doing with that maid Matilda. | 都不关我的事 |
[10:50] | But you think that ‘whatever’ it was got him killed? | 如果这个”干什么”跟他的死有关呢 |
[10:53] | I thought Matilda already had a boyfriend. | 我知道玛蒂尔达当时有男友了 |
[10:56] | A real unsavory fella, too. | 也是个讨厌鬼 |
[10:57] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:59] | Heard he dealt dope. | 听说他贩毒 |
[11:01] | He hung out with one of those gangs from North Philly. | 整天跟一个北费城的混混一起胡混 |
[11:04] | North Philly? | 北费城 |
[11:06] | You know what gang? | 知道什么帮派的吗 |
[11:08] | They call themselves the ’19 Diamonds’, I think. | 他们好像是自称”19钻” |
[11:13] | Crazy name, huh? | 怪名字 |
[11:18] | Well, Zeke was in over his head. | 齐克惹上麻烦了 |
[11:19] | Hooked up with a gangmember’s girlfriend. | 跟黑帮混混的情人勾勾搭搭 |
[11:21] | 19th and diamond ruled the roost in ’63. | 63年的时候19钻是那个地区的老大 |
[11:23] | Spoke the langauge of retribution. | 有仇必报 |
[11:25] | We got a name on this boyfriend? | 知道男友的名字吗 |
[11:26] | Still looking for surviving members. | 还在查在世的成员 |
[11:28] | And shelf life being what it is on the streets, | 帮派斗争瞬息万变 |
[11:30] | we’re lucky if we find any. | 能找到一个就算幸运了 |
[11:31] | What about Matilda? | 玛蒂尔达呢 |
[11:32] | Autotracked her. She’s not in the State of PA. | 找过了 她不在宾州 |
[11:34] | Well, Valens and Vera will check it out. | 瓦伦索和维拉会找到她的 |
[11:35] | This kid she took care of, you find her? | 找到她以前看的那个孩子了吗 |
[11:37] | Charlotte Jones. She’s in Center City. | 夏洛特·琼斯 住在中央市 |
[11:40] | Maybe she’s got some answers. | 也许她知道些什么 |
[11:45] | It’s a place I used to play as a child. | 我小时候经常在那玩 |
[11:51] | I was nine when Zeke died. | 齐克死的那年我九岁 |
[11:54] | Do you remember the time your mother and Uncle Billy | 记得你叔叔比利和你妈妈 |
[11:56] | found Zeke in the house? | 在家里发现齐克的那次吗 |
[11:57] | Yes, I do. | 记得 |
[11:59] | Were there other guys ever coming around the house looking for Matilda? | 还有其他人来你家找过玛蒂尔达吗 |
[12:02] | – No. – Well, Matilda had a boyfriend, though. | -没有 -但玛蒂尔达有个男朋友 |
[12:04] | Someone besides Zeke? | 齐克以外的人 |
[12:05] | If she did, I never knew. | 就算有 我也不知道 |
[12:08] | She loved Zeke like he was her one and only. | 她爱齐克 他就是她的唯一 |
[12:10] | Even as a kid I could see that. | 就算我是个孩子也看得出来 |
[12:13] | That day was the first time they ever met. | 那天是他们俩第一次见面 |
[12:17] | Did he come in to look for her? | 他是来找她的吗 |
[12:18] | No, me. | 不 找我 |
[12:20] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:21] | Oh, some neighborhood kids and I | 我和一些邻居的小孩 |
[12:24] | stole his flag off his front porch. | 偷了他家挂在门口的旗子 |
[12:27] | He caught us. They got away, I didn’t. | 被他发现了 他们跑掉了 我没有 |
[12:30] | So he chased you into your house? | 于是他就追你追到家里去了 |
[12:32] | He didn’t hurt me if that’s what you thinking. | 他没伤害我 如果你想问的话 |
[12:34] | Then what’d he do? | 那他干了什么 |
[12:37] | He made his move. | 他走了一步棋 |
[12:41] | You’re sure they won’t get mad, Tommy? | 汤米 你确定他们不会生气吗 |
[12:43] | See the cross on that flag, Charlotte? | 夏洛特 看见旗子上的十字了吗 |
[12:45] | Negroes are real religious. They like crosses. | 黑鬼非常虔诚 他们喜欢十字 |
[12:49] | Come on, give me that. | 来 给我 |
[12:59] | What are you doing? | 你们干什么 |
[13:00] | Tommy said negroes like crosses. | 汤米说黑人喜欢十字的东西 |
[13:03] | Give it back. | 还给我 |
[13:07] | I said give me my flag back. | 我说把旗子还给我 |
[13:34] | How many times I gotta tell you, Charlotte? | 夏洛特 跟你说过多少次 |
[13:36] | Quit slamming that door! | 别摔门 |
[13:38] | I want my flag. | 我想要回我的旗子 |
[13:40] | What do you think you’re doing in here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[13:42] | Girl who lives here took my flag. | 住这里的小女孩拿了我的旗子 |
[13:44] | I’d like it back. | 我想要回来 |
[13:45] | I gotta leave right now! | 你赶紧走吧 |
[13:46] | You can’t just barge onto other people’s property! | 你不能私闯民宅 |
[13:48] | She barged onto mine! | 她先闯了我家 |
[13:50] | I’m not leaving until I get my flag. | 不拿回旗子 我是不会走的 |
[13:54] | Alright, stay here and keep quiet. | 好吧 站这别出声 |
[13:57] | I’m Zeke. | 我叫齐克 |
[13:59] | By the way. | 顺便说一声 |
[14:03] | Matilda. Hi. | 我叫玛蒂尔达 你好 |
[14:06] | – What’s going on here? – Where’s Charlotte? | -怎么回事 -夏洛特呢 |
[14:09] | What are you doing? | 你们干什么 |
[14:10] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[14:12] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[14:14] | It’s not what you think Miss Judith! | 朱迪丝小姐 您误会了 |
[14:16] | You just walk into my brother’s house to chase some tail? | 你居然跑到我哥哥家来泡妞 |
[14:22] | Matilda! How could you bring that boy in here? | 玛蒂尔达 你怎么能把那个男孩带到家里来 |
[14:25] | Miss Judith. I can explain it to you. | 朱迪丝小姐 我可以解释 |
[14:26] | Did he touch you, baby? | 宝贝 他有没有碰你 |
[14:28] | He touched that. | 他碰了那个 |
[14:30] | I can explain, Miss Judith. | 我可以解释 朱迪丝小姐 |
[14:37] | Like I said, | 如我所说 |
[14:39] | Zeke made his move. | 齐克走了一步棋 |
[14:41] | The Ruy Lopez. | 西班牙开局 |
[14:43] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[14:45] | White knight to F3, black knight to C6. | 白骑士走到F3 黑骑士走到C6 |
[14:49] | It’s a chess opening. | 象棋的开局 |
[14:51] | That’s what that piece of paper was. | 那张纸上写的就是这个 |
[14:53] | Chess moves. | 象棋步法 |
[14:54] | So, Zeke was a chess player. | 这么说 齐克下象棋 |
[14:56] | A very good one. | 还下得很好 |
[14:59] | So was my Mother. | 我妈妈也是 |
[15:00] | That’s why she was smiling. | 所以她才会笑 |
[15:02] | She knew she had finally met her match. | 终于棋逢对手了 |
[15:05] | Your mother and Zeke met again? | 你妈妈和齐克后来见过面 |
[15:06] | Every afternoon. | 每天下午 |
[15:09] | Matilda and I would watch the games. | 玛蒂尔达和我观战 |
[15:11] | It was our secret. | 这是我们的秘密 |
[15:12] | So how long did this go on for? | 这种情况一直维持到什么时候 |
[15:14] | Till the day Zeke died. | 直到齐克去世 |
[15:25] | Your daughter says | 琼斯太太 你女儿说 |
[15:26] | your chess games were secret, Mrs. Jones. | 你们的棋局是个秘密 |
[15:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:33] | Back then, it was one thing, | 那时候 与黑人邻居共享饭菜 |
[15:35] | sharing pot lucks with your black neighbors. | 是一码事 |
[15:37] | Another thing, | 邀请成年男子 |
[15:38] | inviting their grown sons into your home. | 来家中做客是另一码事 |
[15:42] | The world wasn’t ready for your kind of friendship. | 那个年代还不接受你们这种友谊 |
[15:45] | The world treated me like a dumb housewife, | 在那个年代 他们把我当做愚蠢的主妇 |
[15:48] | Zeke like a boy. | 把齐克当做小屁孩 |
[15:49] | We treated each other like much more. | 我们却能看到彼此的优点 |
[15:52] | He was my friend. | 他是我的朋友 |
[15:54] | You never told the police about your games, | 他死后你从未跟警察提起 |
[15:56] | after he was murdered? | 你们一起下棋 |
[15:57] | I didn’t think our games had anything to do with | 我不觉得这件事 |
[16:00] | what happened to Zeke. | 跟齐克的死有任何关联 |
[16:01] | No one in my world knew. | 我的圈子里没人知道 |
[16:03] | How about his? | 他的呢 |
[16:06] | Zeke and I went out in public once. | 我只和齐克一起出现在公开场过合一次 |
[16:08] | We didn’t think anyone would mind. | 我们觉得没人会介意的 |
[16:11] | Because we’d be among our own. | 因为是跟我们一样的人在一起 |
[16:13] | Your own? | 你们一样的人 |
[16:16] | People who loved nothing more than the game. | 那些嗜棋如命的人 |
[16:21] | Best players in Philadelphia are here in this park. | 费城的象棋高手都聚集在这个公园里 |
[16:24] | I heard a grand master’s coming next Wednesday. | 我听说一位大师下周三会来 |
[16:26] | Are you planning to go? | 你要去吗 |
[16:28] | I was hoping to go to Washington that day for the march. | 我那天想去华盛顿参加游行 |
[16:31] | Father doesn’t believe in that stuff. | 我爸不信那些东西 |
[16:33] | Never let me. | 不让我去 |
[16:34] | You’ll find a way. | 如果你真想去 |
[16:35] | If you really want to. | 肯定会有办法 |
[16:37] | You think I should go? | 你觉得我该去吗 |
[16:38] | A great man once said, our lives begin to end the day we become silent… | 一位伟人说过 从我们对重要的事保持沉默 |
[16:43] | about the things that matter! | 那天起 生命就已走向终结 |
[16:44] | I think you should do what you believe is right, Zeke. | 齐克 你应该坚持你认为对的事 |
[16:50] | Can I ask you something, Mrs. Jones? | 琼斯太太 我能问你点事吗 |
[16:53] | When a young lady likes someone. | 怎样能看出来一位年轻女士 |
[16:55] | How can you tell? | 是否心有所属 |
[16:57] | By the way she acts. | 看她的行为举止 |
[16:59] | She smiles a lot, laughes at little things, | 她会经常笑 为一点小事就很开心 |
[17:04] | like the way Matilda does. | 就像玛蒂尔达 |
[17:06] | When you’re around. | 在你身边时那样 |
[17:11] | Clyde! | 克莱德 |
[17:16] | Didn’t know you played. | 原来你也下象棋 |
[17:18] | You know Mrs. Jones, right? | 你认识琼斯太太吧 |
[17:19] | Blitz. One minute each. | 闪电战 每人一分钟 |
[17:21] | You play white. Seems you got affinity for it. | 你执白 你似乎对白色情有独钟 |
[17:25] | Like brother Malcolm said, | 如马尔科姆兄弟所说 |
[17:26] | coffee gets weak when you mix it with cream. | 往咖啡里加奶 咖啡就会变淡 |
[17:29] | I thought we were playing game here. | 我以为我们是来下棋的 |
[17:30] | Question is, what are you playing. | 问题是 你怎么”走” |
[17:32] | Black stud to your white queen? | 做你白皇后的黑种马 |
[17:34] | Maybe we should go, Zeke. | 齐克 我们该走了 |
[17:36] | Don’t talk about her like that! | 不准那么说她 |
[17:40] | Man who doesn’t stand for something, falls for anything. | 一个没有立场的人 将会一事无成 |
[17:43] | Malcolm X. | 马尔科姆·X说的 |
[17:44] | We must learn to live together as brothers | 学着像兄弟一样生存 |
[17:46] | or perish together as fools. | 不然就像傻瓜一样灭亡 |
[17:49] | Dr. Mrtin Luther King. | 马丁·路德·金博士说的 |
[17:51] | Who’s the fool here? | 谁才是傻瓜 |
[17:52] | Black man who think he’s white? | 认为自己是白人的黑人 |
[17:55] | At least I know what I am. | 至少我知道自己是什么 |
[17:58] | But not who. | 但你不知道自己是谁 |
[18:01] | Clock ran out, I win. | 时间到 我赢了 |
[18:07] | Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone. | 平和谦虚 遵纪守法 尊重每个人 |
[18:12] | Malcolm said that, too. | 马尔科姆也说过这句话 |
[18:14] | But if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery. | 但如果有人对你动手 就送他入土 |
[18:19] | Forgot the last part. | 你忘了最后一段 |
[18:22] | Fool. | 傻瓜 |
[18:29] | Who was this Clyde? | 这个克莱德是谁 |
[18:32] | He did gardening work in the neighborhood, from time to time. | 他有时在社区做园丁 |
[18:36] | You two have had any run-ins with him? | 你们还跟他发生过冲突吗 |
[18:38] | I never went back there. | 我没再去过那里 |
[18:40] | Zeke may have.I don’t know. | 也许齐克去过 我不知道 |
[18:42] | Where was this chess park located? | 这个象棋公园在哪里 |
[18:46] | Up near Temple University. | 天普大学附近 |
[18:48] | 19th street and Diamond. | 十九街钻石大道 |
[18:52] | That’s where Zeke’s body was found. | 齐克的尸体就是在那被发现的 |
[18:55] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:58] | Zeke was found a block away | 克莱德 齐克是在离你的象棋小俱乐部 |
[18:59] | from your little chess club, Clyde. | 一个街区外的地方被发现的 |
[19:03] | What my chess club? | 什么叫我的象棋俱乐部 |
[19:05] | Opened to public, as far as I knew. | 据我所知 这是对外开放的 |
[19:07] | But not white public. | 但不对白人开放 |
[19:11] | Boss man sent you in here | 你们老大派你过来 |
[19:13] | talk to the black man? | 是来审黑人的吗 |
[19:18] | You got a penchant for assualting police officers. | 你有过袭警的倾向 |
[19:21] | Black police officers. | 黑人警察 |
[19:24] | Oxymoron, you ask me. | 你想说我很矛盾 是吗 |
[19:27] | Sellouts, race traitors, right? | 你把他们当成民族叛徒 对吗 |
[19:29] | Blind, deaf and dumb is more like it. | 倒不如说是盲从无知 |
[19:30] | And Zeke was the worst kind of blind, deaf and dumb. | 那齐克就是最盲从无知的人 |
[19:33] | Fraternizing with the white woman. | 居然和白人女人来往 |
[19:36] | I didn’t have a problem with the white woman, junior. | 我对白人女人没有意见 小鬼 |
[19:40] | I had a problem with that woman. | 只是对那个女人有 |
[19:42] | – Mrs. Jones? – That’s right. | -琼斯太太 -对 |
[19:44] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[19:46] | Mrs get her hair done every Tuesday. | 她每周二去做头发 |
[19:49] | Blind, deaf and dumb as to what goes on on her house. | 对她家发生的事一无所知 |
[19:54] | Figured one Tuesday, I’d share with Zeke. | 一个周二 我带齐克去看 |
[20:03] | Mrs is barely out of her house. | 女主人才刚出门 |
[20:06] | And already it’s starting up. | 好戏开演了 |
[20:08] | What are we doing here, Clyde? | 克莱德 我们来这干什么 |
[20:10] | Told you there’s somehing you should see. | 告诉你应该知道的事 |
[20:14] | I’m not looking in there?! | 我才不会从那偷看 |
[20:16] | Get over here! | 快过来 |
[20:17] | I’m leaving. | 我走了 |
[20:19] | You like that girl, don’t you? | 你喜欢那个姑娘 对吗 |
[20:20] | Matilda? | 玛蒂尔达 |
[20:24] | Listen. | 你听 |
[20:55] | You love white people so much. | 你这么喜欢白人 |
[21:02] | See how they love you back? | 看他们怎么回报你的 |
[21:08] | Turned up dead the next day. | 第二天他就遇害了 |
[21:13] | Zeke do something about what he saw? | 齐克看到那些事后干了什么吗 |
[21:18] | Must’ve done something. | 肯定是 |
[21:20] | He dead, ain’t he? | 他死了 不是吗 |
[21:27] | One doer worth finding 6 feet under, | 凶手就算死了 也得把他抓出来 |
[21:30] | Henry Jones went out of | 亨利·琼斯富足了一生 |
[21:31] | this world a rich happy man, three years ago. | 在三年前离开了人世 |
[21:34] | We think Judith knew about her husband’s indiscretions? | 朱迪丝知道他丈夫不检点的行为吗 |
[21:37] | Sounded like she was out of the loop. | 貌似不知情 |
[21:39] | How about Matilda, we find her yet? | 玛蒂尔达呢 找到她了吗 |
[21:41] | Still looking. Turns out she wasn’t Philly born. | 还在找 已经查到她不是生在费城 |
[21:43] | Family was from outside Wilmington, Delaware? | 她家在特拉华州的威明顿 |
[21:46] | Came up here for work, | 是来这工作的 |
[21:47] | left town the day before Zeke was murdered. | 齐克遇害的前一天就走了 |
[21:50] | Wonder what made her run? | 她为什么离开 |
[21:51] | Well, maybe this. | 可能是这个原因 |
[21:52] | A complaint filed with the old sex crimes unit by Matilda Jefferson. | 她曾去性犯罪科起诉过 |
[21:55] | Report of a rape. | 报告一起强奸案 |
[21:57] | Accompanying her was a negro male companion, unidentified. | 陪她去的是一名身份不明的黑人男性 |
[22:01] | – Could be Zeke.- Must be Zeke. | -可能是齐克 -一定是齐克 |
[22:03] | Young girl, no family, who else could she have turned to? | 女轻女孩 无亲无故 还能向谁求助 |
[22:05] | Who’s the officer on the report? | 哪个警员负责的笔录 |
[22:07] | No officer listed, the only name we’ve got is a secretary | 没写 只找到打印这份笔录的秘书 |
[22:10] | who typed it up, Linda O’Hara. | 琳达·奥哈拉 |
[22:12] | We know where she is? | 知道她在哪里吗 |
[22:13] | In town, still alive and kickin’. | 在城里 还健在 |
[22:19] | It’s Miss O’Hara. | 请叫我奥哈拉小姐 |
[22:21] | Never did have a ball and chain. | 我没结过婚 |
[22:24] | About time they got some female detectives on the force. | 那时他们招了一些女探员 |
[22:27] | They didn’t let girls in the club til ’73. | 直到73年她们才稍微受到重视 |
[22:30] | Pretty rough for female cops back then? | 那时候女警的日子不好过吧 |
[22:32] | Rough? | 不好过 |
[22:34] | Commissioners put first timers on the worst drug corners. | 上头把新人派到最鱼龙混杂的毒品集散地 |
[22:37] | No patrol cars, no back up. | 没有警车 没有后援 |
[22:40] | Can’t live with’em, can’t kill’em off. | 不能与他们共存 又不能消灭他们 |
[22:42] | Yeah, you got that right. | 对 没错 |
[22:45] | Never got past secretary myself. | 我从没干过秘书以外的活 |
[22:47] | Their loss, you ask me. | 要我说 这是他们的损失 |
[22:49] | You remember this report you filed? | 还记得你存档的这份笔录吗 |
[22:52] | Back in ’63. | 在63年的时候 |
[22:56] | ‘Course I do. | 当然记得 |
[22:58] | My superiors wouldn’t let me, did it anyway. | 我不顾上级的反对 坚持打了这份报告 |
[23:00] | Why didn’t they let you? | 他们为什么不让 |
[23:02] | Back then they said rape was when a lady changed her mind. | 他们说女方事后反悔就说成是强奸 |
[23:07] | But you believed Matilda. | 但你相信玛蒂尔达 |
[23:09] | She was a brave little girl. | 她是个勇敢的小姑娘 |
[23:11] | So was her friend. | 她朋友也是 |
[23:13] | I was the only one who believed them. | 我是唯一相信他们的人 |
[23:17] | And you saw what happened, young man? | 年轻人 你亲眼所见了吗 |
[23:21] | Told you they’d listen. | 跟你说了 他们会听的 |
[23:23] | What’s going on, Linda? | 琳达 怎么回事 |
[23:26] | This young girl was raped. | 这个女孩被强奸了 |
[23:30] | That right, Miss? | 是这样吗 小姐 |
[23:37] | You know the person who did this to you? | 你认识强奸你的人吗 |
[23:41] | His name is Henry Jones. | 他叫亨利·琼斯 |
[23:44] | He runs Emmerson Bank. | 艾默生银行的老板 |
[23:47] | I know who he is. | 我知道他 |
[23:58] | Take it. | 拿着 |
[24:10] | Show me what he did. | 演示给我看他怎么做的 |
[24:12] | – What? – This isn’t right, sir. | -什么 -长官 这样不对 |
[24:15] | She wants to charge a man with rape, | 她要控告一个男人强奸了她 |
[24:17] | she proves it first. | 就要先证明 |
[24:21] | Show me. | 演示一下 |
[24:37] | Can’t rape a woman, if she don’t let you. | 如果女人不从的话 是没法强奸的 |
[24:41] | But you can make her let you. | 但你可以强迫她就范 |
[24:43] | Sir! | 长官 |
[24:46] | Zeke! | 齐克 |
[24:47] | You’re under arrest for assualting a police officer! | 你因袭警被捕了 |
[24:50] | Get him out of here. | 带他走 |
[24:59] | And throw that damn thing away. | 把这破东西扔了 |
[25:06] | Right after that, sergeant went to the phone made a call. | 在那之后 警长去打了个电话 |
[25:11] | – To who?- Henry Jones. | -给谁 -亨利·琼斯 |
[25:13] | I heard him yakking about | 我听见他在瞎扯些什么 |
[25:15] | how he couldn’t let some uppity colored boy | 决不允许高傲自负的有色人种 |
[25:18] | humiliate an upstanding citizen, blah-blah-blah. | 诋毁一位正直的公民之类的话 |
[25:22] | How long was Zeke there that night? | 齐克那晚被关了多久 |
[25:24] | My shift ended at midnight. | 午夜我就下班了 |
[25:27] | That poor boy was still in the cell when I left. | 我走的时候 他还没被放出来 |
[25:32] | And you never reported this? | 你从没汇报过这事 |
[25:35] | After Zeke was found dead? | 在齐克死后 |
[25:37] | Who would I report it to? | 我该向谁汇报 |
[25:40] | The police? | 警方吗 |
[25:46] | Report wasn’t in the box | 齐克没被正式拘捕 |
[25:47] | because Zeke was never officially arrested. | 所以卷宗里没有笔录 |
[25:49] | And we’ve got no record of who got him out. | 也没有记录是谁把他带走的 |
[25:52] | Making it real easy for our sergeant | 这就方便了警长给亨利打电话 |
[25:54] | to call up Henry and hold Zeke unofficially. | 并私下拘留齐克 |
[25:56] | Until our upstanding citizen shows up to claim him. | 直到我们的”正直公民”把他带走 |
[26:00] | Maybe Matilda saw him go down. | 也许玛蒂尔达看见了这件事 |
[26:02] | She was at the station earlier. | 她早些时候也在警局 |
[26:04] | Any luck finding her yet? | 还没找到她吗 |
[26:06] | Yeah, I found her. | 找到了 |
[26:11] | You found Matilda? | 你找到玛蒂尔达了 |
[26:14] | Yeah, oh yeah. I thought I told you. She’s uh-, | 是的 我以为告诉过你们了 她… |
[26:17] | living on a Jersy shore. Ocean City. | 住在大洋城 新泽西海岸 |
[26:22] | Thanks for the heads up. | 谢谢你的”提醒” |
[26:23] | Don’t put yourself out. | 不麻烦你了 |
[26:31] | Hold on a second, Scotty. | 史考特 等一下 |
[26:33] | You found our witness, didn’t bother letting us know. | 你找到了证人 却不告诉我们 |
[26:38] | Hey, I’m uh- sorry, okay? | 我很抱歉 好吗 |
[26:40] | – Thought I did… – You didn’t. | -我以为我说过了 -你没说 |
[26:48] | – You’ve been drinking? – No. | -你在酗酒 -没 |
[26:50] | No, that’s crazy. | 没有 太荒谬了 |
[26:52] | I can smell it on you, Scotty. | 史考特 我都能闻到你的酒味 |
[26:56] | Well, look. | 好吧 |
[27:00] | I was off the clock at lunch, so… | 我没赶上吃午饭 所以… |
[27:02] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[27:07] | I’ve given you every shot I can, pal. | 伙计 我给你的机会够多了 |
[27:10] | I get yourself cleaned up, you do your job or you’re gone. | 你要么打起精神好好工作 要么走人 |
[27:13] | You get me? | 听懂了吗 |
[27:19] | Get out. | 出去 |
[27:33] | I was 16. | 我当年16岁 |
[27:35] | Alone in the big city. | 只身一人来到大城市 |
[27:37] | Family miles away. | 背井离乡 |
[27:39] | Zeke was my first love. | 齐克是我的初恋 |
[27:41] | Didn’t ever wondered why he never contacted you | 没想过为什么你离开费城后 |
[27:44] | after you left Philly? | 他没联系过你 |
[27:45] | I thought he’d forgot about me. | 我以为他忘了我 |
[27:47] | What’d you do after Zeke got arrested? | 齐克被捕后 你做了什么 |
[27:50] | I waited outside the station house for hours. | 我在警局外等了好几个小时 |
[27:53] | Scared, alone… | 恐惧 孤独 |
[27:55] | – And then she showed up. – Who? | -然后她出现了 -谁 |
[27:58] | Miss Judith. | 朱迪丝小姐 |
[28:00] | Judith Jones? | 朱迪丝·琼斯 |
[28:02] | I thought she’d come to help. | 我还以为她是来帮忙的 |
[28:04] | Being Zeke’s friend and all. | 毕竟是齐克的朋友 |
[28:07] | But she was the furthest thing from it. | 可她做的事却一点不像个朋友 |
[28:16] | Mrs. Jones! | 琼斯太太 |
[28:17] | Zeke! Did they hurt you? | 齐克 他们伤害你了吗 |
[28:19] | I want you out of my house, tonight. | 我要你今晚就离开我家 |
[28:22] | Don’t bother picking up your things. | 不用收拾行李了 |
[28:24] | – What’s going on? – And you. | -怎么了 -还有你 |
[28:27] | I never want to see you again. | 我再也不想见到你 |
[28:30] | I got a call from Sergeant Petoskey. | 我接到了佩托斯基警长的来电 |
[28:32] | He told me what you were doing here. | 他说了你在这里的所作所为 |
[28:34] | It’s not Matilda’s fault. | 这不是玛蒂尔达的错 |
[28:36] | Or mine. | 也不是我的错 |
[28:37] | What your husband did. | 是你丈夫的错 |
[28:39] | Why couldn’t you just keep your mouth shut? | 你就不能闭嘴吗 |
[28:43] | You once told me to do what you believe is right. | 你曾经告诉我要坚持自己认为对的事 |
[28:46] | Well, I was wrong. | 那我错了 |
[28:47] | And that our lives begin to end | 那”从保持沉默那日起 |
[28:48] | the day we become silent about the things that matter? | 生命就已走向终结”也错了 |
[28:52] | Remember, Mrs. Jones? | 琼斯太太 记得吗 |
[28:58] | Didn’t this place teach you, Zeke? | 齐克 你在这里还没学到教训吗 |
[29:01] | What you have to say, doesn’t matter. | 你说什么都不重要 |
[29:07] | Maybe here it doesn’t. | 也许在这里不重要 |
[29:09] | But to those people going to Washington tomorrow? | 但明天要去华盛顿的那些人呢 |
[29:12] | To Dr. King? | 对于金博士呢 |
[29:14] | It matters. | 很重要 |
[29:16] | That’s where I need to go to get someone to hear me, then I’ll go. | 我要去那里找到理解我的人 我会走的 |
[29:19] | Tonight. | 今晚就走 |
[29:21] | To tell the truth. | 去说出真相 |
[29:24] | Wanna come? | 你想来吗 |
[29:28] | Thank you, officer. | 谢谢 警官 |
[29:37] | Go to Washington. | 去华盛顿吧 |
[29:39] | Go wherever you want, Zeke. | 齐克 你想去哪里都可以 |
[29:41] | Just get out of here. Get out of my life. | 只要离开这里 从我的生活消失 |
[29:45] | And don’t you ever come back. | 再也别回来了 |
[29:57] | It was almost morning when we left. | 我们走的时候都快天亮了 |
[30:00] | Zeke walked me to the train station. | 齐克送我到了火车站 |
[30:02] | Spend his last dime on my ticket back to Wilmington. | 花光所有钱给我买了一张去威明顿的票 |
[30:06] | Promised he’d come back for me one day. | 发誓总有一天他会回来找我的 |
[30:08] | Where’d he go after that? | 那之后他去了哪里 |
[30:10] | He was gonna hitchhike, walk… | 他要搭便车 走路 |
[30:12] | Do whatever it took to get to Washington, DC. | 用尽所有方法去华盛顿 |
[30:14] | For the march. | 参加游行 |
[30:17] | Zeke meant what he said. | 齐克言而有信 |
[30:19] | Always did. | 从不食言 |
[30:25] | And only one other person knew where he was headed. | 只有另外一个人知道他要去哪里 |
[30:27] | The day he was killed. | 那天他就遇害了 |
[30:29] | Mrs. Jones. his supposed friend. | 琼斯太太 他所谓的朋友 |
[30:36] | World wasn’t ready for your kind of friendship. | 你们的友情见不得光 |
[30:38] | – That right, Judith? – Some friend you were. | -对吗 朱迪丝 -你可真够义气 |
[30:40] | When it hit the fan, you ran for cover. | 大难临头各自飞 |
[30:42] | Zeke never did follow the rules. | 齐克从不循规蹈矩 |
[30:44] | I admired that, believe me! | 我很钦佩他 相信我 |
[30:48] | But I wasn’t as strong as he was. | 但我没他那么坚强 |
[30:50] | And couldn’t stand all the neighbors | 而且不能容忍邻居们 |
[30:52] | knowing your dirty little secret. | 都知道你们不可告人的秘密 |
[30:55] | What your husband was doing to the maid? | 你丈夫都对女佣做了什么 |
[30:57] | So you told Henry where to find him | 所以你告诉亨利去哪里找他 |
[30:59] | to shut Zeke up for good. | 然后让齐克永远闭上嘴 |
[31:01] | I said those things to scare Zeke! | 我那么说是为了吓唬齐克 |
[31:03] | To make him go faraway from here. | 让他离开这里 远走高飞 |
[31:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:07] | Because I knew it was only a matter of time before Henry did something. | 我知道亨利对他下手只是时间问题 |
[31:13] | So you were trying to save Zeke. | 所以你是为了救齐克 |
[31:15] | I owed it to him. | 我欠他的人情 |
[31:16] | Because in some ways Zeke saved me. | 齐克从某种程度上救了我 |
[31:20] | Yeah? How? | 是吗 怎么救的 |
[31:21] | He cared about what I thought. | 他关心我的想法 |
[31:25] | There weren’t many who did. | 没多少人关心过我 |
[31:26] | Like your husband. | 比如你的丈夫 |
[31:28] | So why did you tell him where to find Zeke? | 那你为什么告诉他去哪里找齐克 |
[31:33] | I’ll regret that for the rest of my life. | 我会一辈子都活在悔恨之中 |
[31:37] | You have no idea. | 你们绝对意想不到 |
[31:47] | Where’ve you been, Judith? | 朱迪丝 你去哪里了 |
[31:50] | I uh-… | 我 |
[31:53] | I was spending the night at Marge’s. | 我整晚都在玛吉家 |
[31:58] | Billy says a friend of his at the station house saw you. | 比利说他一个朋友在警局看见你了 |
[32:01] | Getting that colored boy out. | 把那个小黑鬼弄了出去 |
[32:06] | I did it for you, Henry. | 亨利 我这么做是为了你 |
[32:08] | So you wouldn’t go to jail. | 为了不让你坐牢 |
[32:13] | You believe that boy’s lies? | 你宁愿相信那个男孩的谎言 |
[32:16] | More than your husband. | 也不相信自己的丈夫 |
[32:19] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[32:23] | You tell me right now, | 现在就告诉我 |
[32:25] | or you pack your bags, and you get out, | 要么就收拾行李滚出去 |
[32:28] | and you will never see your daughter again. | 以后休想再见到女儿 |
[32:31] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[32:32] | None of this would ever happened if wasn’t for those people. | 要不是这些人 这些都不会发生 |
[32:37] | Moving into our neighborhoods, | 他们搬到我们街区 |
[32:40] | taking a man’s livelihood, | 抢了别人的生计 |
[32:43] | his job, | 饭碗 |
[32:45] | his woman. | 和女人 |
[32:48] | That’s why she got him out, Henry. | 亨利 这就是她放走他的原因 |
[32:50] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, Billy! | 我不知道你在说什么 比利 |
[32:51] | You’re sleeping with that colored boy aren’t you? | 你是不是跟那个黑小子上床了 |
[32:54] | No! | 没有 |
[32:54] | God, I don’t even know him! | 天啊 我都不怎么认识他 |
[32:57] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[33:02] | What do you got there, honey? | 宝贝 你拿的什么 |
[33:04] | Something for Mommy? | 给妈妈的吗 |
[33:06] | It’s his winning chess move. | 是他的制胜一着 |
[33:08] | Whose chess moves, sweetheart? | 是谁的棋着 宝贝 |
[33:10] | Zeke’s. | 齐克的 |
[33:18] | Please don’t take her from me. | 不要把她从我身边带走 |
[33:21] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[33:29] | Headed to Washington. | 去华盛顿了 |
[33:31] | Please don’t take her! | 求你别带走她 |
[33:34] | Wanna come see your friend Zeke, sweetheart? | 宝贝 想去看看你的朋友齐克吗 |
[33:36] | Henry! What are you doing? | 亨利 你要干什么 |
[33:38] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[33:50] | Well, that piece of paper was found in Zeke’s pocket. | 就是在齐克口袋里发现了那张纸条 |
[33:54] | Your daughter was there when Zeke was killed. | 齐克遇害时 你女儿也在场 |
[33:58] | That day, I lost my one friend in the world. | 那天 我失去我世上唯一的朋友 |
[34:05] | I couldn’t lose my child, too. | 不能再失去我的孩子 |
[34:09] | We know you were there, Charlotte. | 我们知道你在场 夏洛特 |
[34:13] | When Zeke was killed. | 齐克遇害的时候 |
[34:16] | I was in bed asleep. | 我在床上睡觉 |
[34:18] | You were with your father and your uncle Billy. | 你当时跟你爸爸和叔叔比利在一起 |
[34:21] | Looking for Zeke. | 去找齐克 |
[34:24] | You loved your daddy a lot. | 你很爱爸爸 |
[34:27] | You’re uncle Billy, too. | 也爱比利叔叔 |
[34:30] | And that’s why you never told. | 这就是你从未说出真相的原因 |
[34:33] | Remember this? | 记得这个吗 |
[34:36] | Zeke’s winning move. | 齐克的制胜一步 |
[34:39] | The Ruy Lopez. | 西班牙开局 |
[34:44] | He taught it to you. | 他教你的 |
[34:46] | And you left it with him. | 你把这个留给了他 |
[34:48] | I found it on his body. | 我在他尸体上找到的 |
[34:53] | He was left in the middle of the playground, | 他被扔到操场中央 |
[34:55] | beaten so badly | 被打得面目全非 |
[34:56] | his own mother barely knew him. | 他妈妈都快认不出来他了 |
[35:00] | I was twelve. | 我当时十二岁 |
[35:03] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[35:05] | It was my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[35:07] | I forgot our chess games were secret. | 我忘了我们的棋局是个秘密 |
[35:13] | Tell us where your father took you, Charlotte. | 你爸爸把你带到哪里了 夏洛特 |
[35:22] | A place in the woods I used to play. | 树林里我经常去玩的一个地方 |
[35:26] | My father, he… | 我父亲 他… |
[35:29] | put up on a swing for me and… | 在那里给我做了一个秋千 |
[35:35] | Show us where. | 带我们去 |
[35:51] | Zeke was hitchhiking on the side of the road. | 齐克当时在路边搭便车 |
[35:55] | And my father and uncle Billy and their friends… | 我爸爸和比利叔叔 还有他的朋友们 |
[36:00] | they made him get into the car… | 把他塞进了车里 |
[36:06] | and they brought him here. | 把他带来了这里 |
[36:17] | Where do you think you’re going now? | 你以为你要去哪里 |
[36:19] | Ain’t DC. | 肯定不是华府 |
[36:40] | We interrupt our regular braodcast to go live to the march on Washington… | 下面要插播一条华盛顿游行的实况 |
[36:44] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:48] | I am happy to join with you today | 今天很高兴同大家一起 |
[36:53] | in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration- | 参与这次将载入史册的示威游行 |
[37:00] | You stay in here. | 你待在这里 |
[37:22] | No one’s ever gonna hear about this, right? | 没人会知道这件事 对吧 |
[37:26] | Especially not your daddy. | 尤其是你老爸 |
[37:33] | You mean, your boss? | 你是说你上司 |
[37:40] | I’ll tell him. | 我会告诉他的 |
[37:43] | I’ll tell everyone. | 告诉每一个人 |
[37:47] | What you did to me. | 你们对我的暴行 |
[37:49] | To Matilda. | 对玛蒂尔达的 |
[37:53] | You can’t stop me. | 你们阻止不了我 |
[38:00] | Yes, I can. | 我可以 |
[38:02] | Billy, enough’s enough. | 比利 见好就收吧 |
[38:06] | I have a dream | 我有一个梦想 |
[38:08] | that one day this nation will rise up | 这个国家将会奋起 |
[38:13] | and live out the true meaning of its creed: | 实现其立国信条的真谛 |
[38:17] | “We hold these truths to be self-evident… | “我们认为这些真理不证自明 |
[38:20] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[38:20] | You don’t want your daddy to go to jail, do you, Charlotte? | 你不想看着你爸爸坐牢吧 夏洛特 |
[38:26] | I have a dream. | 我有一个梦想 |
[38:28] | When we let freedom ring. | 当我们让自由之声响起来 |
[38:31] | When we let it ring from every village and every hamlet. | 让自由之声从每一个大小村庄 |
[38:34] | 歌曲:”Strange Fruit” 歌手:Nina Simone |