时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | 恭喜 泰瑞 和 苏赞 | |
[00:24] | Check, check… check one, check two, check three… | 试音 试音 一 二 三 |
[00:40] | Seems like before I left, you and Suzanne were this big. | 好像我走的时候 你和苏赞才这么大 |
[00:44] | Riding your sting rays around. | 到处疯跑 |
[00:45] | Now she’s getting married. | 现在她都要结婚了 |
[00:47] | Me too, soon. | 我的婚礼也快了 |
[00:49] | I thought you were jazzed about it. | 我以为你对婚礼感到兴奋呢 |
[00:51] | I am. | 我是兴奋啊 |
[00:52] | You need a drink? You hungry? | 要喝点什么吗 你饿吗 |
[00:54] | – I can get it. – You sure, Brian? | -我自己能拿 -你确定吗 布莱恩 |
[00:58] | Ah, ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们 先生们 |
[01:01] | Okay, uh… | 好了 |
[01:06] | Let’s uh… | 让我们 |
[01:07] | Let’s just get this over with so we can eat, huh? | 让我们快点办事 好吃饭吧 |
[01:09] | Mr. & Mrs. Terry Lucas! | 欢迎泰瑞·卢卡斯夫妇 |
[01:20] | Oh, thanks a bunch for coming everyone and uh- ma, dad? | 很感谢大家的到来 对了 老爸老妈 |
[01:24] | Thanks for the new mustang! | 谢谢你送的新野马 |
[01:27] | Everybody, you got five minutes | 大家快喝 |
[01:28] | before we charge you for your drinks, so get going! | 五分钟后酒水收费 快喝吧 |
[01:33] | Me and Terry also wanna say a special | 我和泰瑞还想特别对我们 |
[01:35] | welcome home to Fishtown’s own war hero. | 鱼镇战争英雄说句”欢迎归来” |
[01:38] | My maid of honor’s brother and a brother to me, | 他是我伴娘的哥哥 对我也像个大哥 |
[01:40] | Brian McCormick! | 布莱恩·麦考米克 |
[01:50] | I would’ve brought it for tonight | 我今晚本想带来 |
[01:52] | but I didn’t wanna embarrass her… | 又怕羞得她下不来台 |
[01:53] | When Suzanne and I were little girls we wrote all…oh. | 当苏赞和我是小姑娘时 我们写… |
[01:57] | Don’t tell me that guy’s your boyfriend? | 别告诉我那家伙是你男友 |
[02:00] | Fiance, actually. | 实际上是未婚夫 |
[02:03] | That guy? | 就他 |
[02:04] | With you? | 跟你 |
[02:05] | Now that’s not right. | 你们不合适 |
[02:08] | I’m not sure you should be smoking marihuana. | 我觉得你不该抽大麻吧 |
[02:11] | This is a wedding. | 这可是婚礼 |
[02:15] | Just trying to get in the spirit. | 融入气氛罢了 |
[02:57] | 69年12月 艾莉诺·麦考米克 | |
[03:12] | This is a new look. | 你这模样还挺新鲜 |
[03:13] | Yeah, yeah. Slept like crap. | 是啊 是啊 没睡好 |
[03:17] | Who we calling on here? | 这是去找谁 |
[03:19] | Benny Warren Cousins. | 班尼·沃伦·卡金斯 |
[03:20] | We got an arrest warrant for him from 1969. | 1969年就签发逮捕令了 |
[03:23] | What’s the story? | 怎么回事 |
[03:24] | Well, a local Fishtown girl was found strangled in his apartment. | 鱼镇本地女孩在他公寓被勒死 |
[03:28] | Eleanor McCormick. | 死者名叫艾莉诺·麦考米克 |
[03:29] | What’d they get from their first time around? | 他们当时审出什么来了 |
[03:31] | There wasn’t a first time. | 当时没机会 |
[03:32] | Warren hightailed it to Canada the night of the murder. | 案发当晚 沃伦跑到加拿大去了 |
[03:35] | Mounties couldn’t help? | 加拿大骑警没帮把手吗 |
[03:36] | They couldn’t find him. | 他们没找到他 |
[03:37] | Think he changed his name up there, went underground. | 大概在那边改名换姓 避风头了 |
[03:39] | No one’s heard word one from him in 36 years. | 他36年没音讯了 |
[03:42] | What brought him back to Philly? | 为什么又回费城了 |
[03:43] | Father’s funeral. | 参加他爸葬礼 |
[03:46] | He’s holed up with an old buddy in this place. | 他跟一个老朋友住在这里 |
[03:48] | Busy-body neighbor recognized him. Called it in. | 多事的邻居认出他 就报警了 |
[03:51] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[04:06] | Philadelphia PD for Warren Cousins. | 费城警局 找沃伦·卡金斯 |
[04:14] | I’m Warren. | 我就是 |
[04:16] | Warren Cousins, you’re under arrest for | 沃伦·卡金斯 你因涉嫌在 |
[04:17] | the 1969 murder of Eleanor McCormick. | 1969年杀害艾莉诺·麦考米克被捕 |
[04:20] | Ellie’s dead? | 艾丽死了 |
[04:57] | Witnesses saw Warren hassling Ellie | 有证人看到沃伦 |
[05:00] | at her best friend’s wedding. | 在艾丽挚友的婚礼上骚扰她 |
[05:01] | He was the singer. | 他是乐队歌手 |
[05:02] | Trying to get a piece? | 想占点便宜吗 |
[05:04] | Only Ellie’s engaged, shuts him down. | 不过艾丽订婚了 拒绝了他 |
[05:07] | A few weeks later she got the life choked out of her in his place. | 几周后 她在他的公寓被勒死 |
[05:09] | Autopsy shows bruises on her knees and neck. | 尸检报告上写她膝盖和脖子有瘀伤 |
[05:12] | – Strangled. – By someone with dirty hands. | -扼死 -凶手手还不干净 |
[05:14] | Unidentified residue across her throat. | 她喉咙上有无法分辨的残留物 |
[05:17] | Prints come with that? | 找到指纹了吗 |
[05:19] | It’s only partial. No help. | 只是部分指纹 毫无帮助 |
[05:21] | Let’s have Franny take a look at the autopsy. | 让弗莱尼再查看一下尸检报告 |
[05:22] | Maybe modern medicine tells us more. | 说不定现代医学能有所发现 |
[05:24] | Yeah, maybe lab can ID the dirt. | 对 说不定实验室能辨认出残留物 |
[05:26] | Found a relative of your girl. | 找到死者的一个亲属 |
[05:28] | Brother Brian still lives at the old address. | 大哥布莱恩没有搬家 |
[05:32] | You and Will sit down with him. | 你和威尔去和他谈谈 |
[05:35] | You don’t believe in shaving anymore? | 现在都不刮胡子了吗 |
[05:38] | It was a… late night. | 昨晚睡得很晚 |
[05:41] | Why are you looking so haggard? | 怎么这么憔悴 |
[05:43] | I should go home and start over again. | 我该回家重新开始这一天 |
[05:49] | There’s no reason. | 没什么特别的事 |
[05:57] | I haven’t spoken to Ellie in 36 years. | 我和艾丽都36年没说过话了 |
[05:59] | That’s sort of the point here, Warren. | 我们谈的就是这个问题啊 沃伦 |
[06:01] | I mean I didn’t know she was dead. | 我是说我不知道她死了 |
[06:03] | God! | 天啊 |
[06:05] | I wouldn’t kill her. | 我不会杀她的 |
[06:06] | We had a relationship, I loved her! | 我们当时在恋爱 我爱她 |
[06:08] | So, true love made you change your name | 那是真爱逼得你改名换姓 |
[06:10] | and disappear for 36 years? | 人间蒸发36年 |
[06:12] | I went to Canada because I was a draft resister. | 我去加拿大是因为抵制服兵役 |
[06:14] | And all those years you never write to her. Pick up the phone? | 那么多年就没给她写信 打电话吗 |
[06:17] | I couldn’t, I was a fugitive! | 我不能 我是逃犯 |
[06:19] | What about down here? | 那这边的人呢 |
[06:20] | No one told you that the cops were looking for you? | 没人告诉你警察在找你吗 |
[06:22] | I broke off all contacts with my old life. | 我跟旧识都切断了联系 |
[06:25] | The buddy I went to Canada with came back in the 90s. | 跟我一起去加拿大的那人90年代回来了 |
[06:27] | He called me when he saw my dad’s obit. | 他看到我爸的讣告就给我打了电话 |
[06:29] | And you never asked after Ellie? | 你就没问问艾丽的情况 |
[06:32] | Ellie was the one who got away. | 是艾丽离开了我 |
[06:34] | I still thought about her | 我还惦记着她 |
[06:35] | but I let her go when she didn’t come north with me. | 但她没跟我北上 我也就没再纠缠她 |
[06:40] | How we doing? | 进展怎么样 |
[06:41] | Oh, Warren says Ellie was going to Canada, too. | 沃伦说艾丽本来也要一起去加拿大的 |
[06:45] | Just like Bonnie and Clyde, huh? Running from the law? | 就像雌雄大盗一样 逍遥法外吗 |
[06:48] | That was the plan. But she never showed up. | 本来是这么打算的 她却没出现 |
[06:51] | Couple of hints in that story, Warren. | 给你点提示 沃伦 |
[06:53] | Yeah, like her being dead in your apartment. | 比如她是死在你公寓了 |
[06:56] | She left her suitcase there earlier that day. | 她那天早些时候把箱子留在那里 |
[06:59] | Maybe, she went to get it and someone killed her. | 或许她是回去拿 有人就杀了她 |
[07:02] | Uh, there’s no suitcase in the crime report. | 罪案报告里没有提到箱子 |
[07:05] | So, how’s the story really go? | 所以你还是说真话吧 |
[07:07] | A screw-up like you sets his sight on a pretty girl, | 你这种下三滥看上个漂亮姑娘 |
[07:09] | can’t close the deal so she gets punished? | 又高攀不上 就决心惩罚她吗 |
[07:13] | You got it all wrong. | 你们都说反了 |
[07:15] | Ellie’s the one who came after me. | 是艾丽追的我 |
[07:20] | When me and Suzanne were seven, | 我和苏赞七岁的时候 |
[07:22] | we planned our whole life out and wrote it in a diary. | 我们把人生都计划好了 还写进日记 |
[07:25] | I would have brought it tonight but | 我今晚本想带来 |
[07:26] | I don’t want to embarrass her. | 又怕羞得她下不了台 |
[07:28] | See, she wrote pages and pages | 她写了一页又一页 |
[07:30] | about how she was moving out to Hollywood | 说她要搬去好莱坞 |
[07:32] | and becoming Mrs. Elvis Presley. | 还要嫁给猫王 |
[07:35] | Hey, that’s no fair, she did too! | 不公平 她也这么写了 |
[07:38] | But, I’m so glad she found her real true love here in Fishtown. | 但我很高兴她在鱼镇找到了真爱 |
[07:42] | Because the life that I wrote in that diary | 因为我在日记里计划的人生 |
[07:45] | was that she was my neighbor, | 是与她做邻居 |
[07:47] | my maid of honor, the godmother of my children, | 让她做我的伴娘 我孩子的教母 |
[07:51] | and my best friend for life. | 我一生的至交 |
[07:53] | So, here’s to that. | 敬美梦成真 |
[08:42] | I don’t know why I came out here. | 我不知道我为什么要来这里 |
[08:44] | I don’t even know you. | 我都不认识你 |
[08:46] | Maybe that’s why. | 或许这就是原因 |
[08:52] | Stupid, right? Speech? | 很蠢吧 我的讲话 |
[08:54] | Nah. | 没有 |
[08:57] | I saw your brother in there. | 我看见你哥哥了 |
[08:59] | See his girlfriend ditch him? | 看见他女朋友甩了他吗 |
[09:02] | Wish I knew what to do for him. | 真不知道该怎么安慰他 |
[09:04] | How about just talking to him? | 不如就跟他谈谈 |
[09:06] | Bet that would mean something. | 肯定会对他有所触动 |
[09:10] | You going to Vietnam? | 你要去参加越战吗 |
[09:13] | No, it’s not a cause I’d give my life for. | 不 我不会为战争献出生命 |
[09:18] | So you’re one of those. | 那你就是那种人了 |
[09:24] | What are you? | 你又是哪种人 |
[09:28] | Not sure, lately. | 最近有点不确定了 |
[09:33] | When you said it wasn’t right about me and my fiance? | 你说我和我未婚夫不合适 |
[09:37] | What did you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[09:40] | Do you know… | 你知道吗 |
[09:47] | it’s impossible not to look at you. | 我无法把目光从你身上移开 |
[09:52] | No. | 少来 |
[09:54] | No, it is. It’s not just you being pretty. | 是真的 不仅是因为你漂亮 |
[09:59] | It’s how you are. | 而是你那种感觉 |
[10:04] | I… really enjoyed your singing. Really. | 我真的很喜欢你的歌 真的 |
[10:10] | I know you have a guy, | 我知道你有男友 |
[10:13] | but I’m a Valentine’s day baby. | 但我生在情人节 |
[10:16] | I just say it if I feel it. | 我从不掩饰自己的感情 |
[10:33] | We were together 6 weeks after that. | 我们那晚之后交往了六周 |
[10:35] | Then I left. | 之后我就走了 |
[10:36] | A one conversation at the weeding, | 只跟你在婚礼上聊过一次 |
[10:37] | and Ellie chucks her marriage plans to take up with you. | 艾丽就悔婚和你好了 |
[10:41] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[10:42] | I still don’t hear how she ends up dead in your place. | 你还是没交代她是怎么死在你家的 |
[10:44] | I don’t know how that happened! | 我不知道是怎么回事 |
[10:46] | All I know is I loved that girl. | 我只知道我爱她 |
[10:49] | And that always ends well. | 那种故事总是欢乐大结局 |
[10:55] | This works out nice. We got room in the trunk? | 赶早不如碰巧 车后箱里还有地方吗 |
[10:59] | Brian McCormick? | 布莱恩·麦考米克 |
[11:01] | You the detectives that called? | 你们是打电话来的探员吗 |
[11:03] | It’s about Warren Cousins, he’s back in town. | 是有关沃伦·卡金斯的 他回来了 |
[11:07] | What does the creep have to say for himself? | 那个变态怎么为自己辩解的 |
[11:10] | Says it wasn’t him who killed your sister. | 说不是他杀的你妹妹 |
[11:12] | You got ideas otherwise, Brian? | 你不以为然吗 布莱恩 |
[11:14] | She’s dead in his apartment that gives me ideas. | 我就在想她死在他公寓这回事 |
[11:17] | Warren says he and your sister had a relationship. | 沃伦说他跟你妹妹曾是恋人 |
[11:20] | – He does, huh? – Anything to that? | -他这么说的 -有根据吗 |
[11:23] | Well, something had hold of Ellie those last weeks. | 艾丽在遇害前几周 的确有心事 |
[11:27] | Maybe Warren. | 或许是想沃伦呢 |
[11:30] | Seemed like something beatnik. | 好像不是什么正经人 |
[11:35] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[11:37] | Yeah, yeah. I couldn’t sleep last night. | 没事 就是昨晚睡不着 |
[11:39] | That’s all. | 没什么 |
[11:43] | – Oh, hold on. Dad! – He knew it. | -等等 爸爸 -跟他说了 |
[11:45] | – Pat, Brian needs you! – It’s okay, Mom. | -派特 来帮帮布莱恩 -没事 妈 |
[11:47] | Hold on, hold on, I’m here. | 等等 等等 我来了 |
[11:50] | I got to admit I’m nervous. | 我得说我挺紧张的 |
[11:59] | What was it like there, Brian? | 那里什么样的 布莱恩 |
[12:01] | Muggy. | 很闷热 |
[12:02] | Mosquitoes there are like freaking crows. | 到处都是黑压压一片的蚊子 |
[12:06] | How about the war part? | 那战争是什么样的 |
[12:08] | Ellie! | 艾丽 |
[12:09] | Cause they’re saying we’re losing and not prepared. | 他们说我们不堪一击 节节败退 |
[12:13] | – Is it true? – Ellie, your brother wants to brag, | -是真的吗 -艾丽 你哥要是想吹牛 |
[12:14] | he’ll do it to me over beer. | 我们喝酒时他就会吹了 |
[12:15] | – I just want to hear about it. – Eleanor… | -我只是想知道 -艾莉诺 |
[12:18] | It’s starting. | 开始了 |
[12:20] | The birthday of today’s draft lottery, are followed… | 今日抽签抽到的生日如下 |
[12:26] | You never know who to trust over there. | 你永远都不知道在那里能信任谁 |
[12:29] | – When they did this, – June, 27th | -害我瘸腿的 -6月27日 |
[12:31] | it was just a little girl. | 只是个小姑娘 |
[12:33] | She comes up to me like she needs help. | 她跑来找我 像是需要帮助 |
[12:36] | Opens her hand. | 打开双手[却拿着个炸弹] |
[12:38] | May, 20th | 5月20日 |
[12:42] | – October, 9th – Oh, man! That’s Terry. | -10月9日 -天啊 抽到泰瑞了 |
[12:45] | February, 14th. | 2月14日 |
[12:48] | November, 6th. | 11月6日 |
[12:50] | March, 12th. | 3月12日 |
[12:51] | Give me your fingers crossed for me, babe? | 你在为我祈祷吗 亲爱的 |
[12:55] | Hey, what’s the matter with you? | 你这是怎么了 |
[12:56] | – My birthday wasn’t called yet. – I know, I know. | -还没抽到我的生日 -我知道 |
[13:04] | You’re real strange lately, Ellie. You know that? | 你最近很怪 艾丽 你知道吗 |
[13:16] | What was she crying about? | 她为什么哭 |
[13:18] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[13:19] | The guy she’s in love with since she was twelve just got saved. | 她从12岁就一直爱着的男人刚得救了 |
[13:23] | Made no sense. | 完全没道理 |
[13:26] | Okay, Brian. | 好了 布莱恩 |
[13:28] | It’s been most of my life now, but… | 都过了大半辈子了 但是 |
[13:30] | never settles with you. | 还是适应不了 |
[13:33] | Not being somebody’s older brother anymore. | 再没人管你叫大哥了 |
[13:43] | What got Ellie so upset that night? | 艾丽那晚为什么那么难过 |
[13:45] | Maybe a shock to her what her brother said about Vietnam. | 或许是她哥哥讲的越南的事让她很震惊 |
[13:49] | – Lab did a rush job for you. – Get anything good? | -实验室赶了份报告出来 -好消息吗 |
[13:52] | Swab the residue around your girl’s neck? | 死者脖子上取下来的残留物 |
[13:53] | Found minute traces of chrome in it. | 在里面找到了微量的铬 |
[13:55] | Came from the doer’s hands? | 是凶手手上沾的吗 |
[13:57] | Maybe flaked off a car? Appliance? | 可能是什么车或者器械上掉的 |
[14:00] | Besides the knee and neck bruises? | 除了膝盖和脖子上的瘀伤 |
[14:01] | There was an abrasion above her eye from an earlier injury. | 眼睛上方有之前留下的擦伤 |
[14:04] | Earlier by hours? | 早几小时吗 |
[14:06] | More like days. | 几天差不多 |
[14:07] | So chrome on the doer’s hands plus, | 就是说凶手手上沾着铬 |
[14:10] | someone roughed her up recently. | 那几天还有人对她动粗 |
[14:12] | What if, it was the draft lottery Ellie was reacting to? | 或许艾丽是为抽签的事难过呢 |
[14:15] | Fifth birthday called. | 第五个抽到的生日 |
[14:17] | February 14, Valentine’s Day. | 2月14日 情人节 |
[14:19] | Lover boy, Warren. | 沃伦是情人节之子 |
[14:22] | She was crying cause he got drafted. | 她是为他抽中而哭 |
[14:26] | Maybe she did love him. | 或许她还真爱着他 |
[14:42] | Just getting in? | 才回来吗 |
[14:44] | I slept at the bar. | 我在酒吧睡了一晚 |
[14:47] | Sure you did. | 这还用说 |
[14:50] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:51] | Chris, I’m a detective. | 克里斯 我是个探员 |
[14:56] | I met someone. | 我遇见了个人 |
[14:58] | He from the bar? | 酒吧里遇见的 |
[14:59] | Yeah, but it’s not like how you think though. | 对 不过不是你想的那样 |
[15:03] | It’s someone good for a change. | 这回是个好人 |
[15:06] | We talk and laugh and connect. | 我们有说有笑 情投意合 |
[15:12] | Really. | 真的 |
[15:17] | He taking you out for your birthday tomorrow? Cause… | 明天你生日 他会带你出去吗 |
[15:20] | if not, I am. | 他要不约你 我约你 |
[15:23] | That would be great. | 太好了 |
[15:28] | I wouldn’t have guessed it, but um… | 我真想不到 不过 |
[15:30] | it’s been good having you here. | 有你在还挺好 |
[15:54] | Part of your story holds up, Warren. | 你说的有一部分属实 沃伦 |
[15:57] | Maybe Ellie did fall for you. | 或许艾丽还真爱上你了 |
[15:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:00] | Some parts are still shady. | 但还有些地方很可疑 |
[16:03] | All the stuff was at home and accounted for, no missing suitcase. | 你家没丢东西 就是没有箱子 |
[16:07] | I told you what I know. | 我只跟你说我知道的 |
[16:09] | It was a light blue, white handles. | 是浅蓝色的 白把手 |
[16:13] | You know anything about her fiance? | 你了解她未婚夫吗 |
[16:16] | Bud Lydecker. | 巴德·赖代克 |
[16:19] | Just saw him at the wedding. | 只是婚礼上见过 |
[16:20] | Well, you two got together. | 你们俩都在一起了 |
[16:22] | – Means, Ellie must have broken up with him, right? – Yeah. | -那艾丽肯定跟他分手了 -对 |
[16:24] | Know anything about how he handled it? | 知道他什么反应吗 |
[16:27] | Getting traded in for… | 被一个 |
[16:29] | For a long-haired draft dodger. | 被一个披头散发的逃兵役者顶了 |
[16:34] | Probably wasn’t thrilled. | 他大概不会很高兴吧 |
[16:36] | Any specific backlash? | 想起什么来吗 |
[16:40] | I didn’t think so at the time, but… | 我当时没那么想 不过 |
[16:42] | Ellie did come to see me one night… | 艾丽有一晚来看我 |
[16:45] | about a week after the wedding? | 大概是婚礼后一周 |
[17:35] | I did not think you would come. | 我没想到你会来 |
[17:37] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:38] | Oh, this is- | 这位是 |
[17:40] | Oh, yeah! the, the bride! Congratulations. | 对了 新娘子嘛 恭喜 |
[17:42] | Oh, yeah. My husband would flip his lid to see this place. | 是啊 我丈夫看见这地方非气疯了 |
[17:46] | I just saw this woman with like, | 我刚看到一个女的 |
[17:48] | paint on her, and nothing else. | 身上只挂着油彩 没别的了 |
[17:54] | Can I get you something? Beer? Dope? | 你们要点什么吗 啤酒 吸点啥 |
[17:57] | – You guys? – Oh, no! No. | -你们要不要 -不要 不要 |
[17:59] | Look, you know what? Maybe I would. | 要不然 我来点吧 |
[18:01] | The beatles do it. So you know. | 披头士都喝 就来点吧 |
[18:03] | I’ll have a beer. | 我要瓶啤酒 |
[18:06] | – Uh, this powder room? – Yeah, it’s right over there. | -这是化妆室吗 -对 就在那里 |
[18:21] | I talked to my brother. | 我跟我哥谈了 |
[18:23] | You did? | 是吗 |
[18:25] | It was bad for him over there. | 他在那里情况很糟 |
[18:27] | My parents still don’t want to hear it, | 我父母还是不想听这些 |
[18:28] | but I think he wants to talk. | 但我觉得他想说出来 |
[18:31] | Like you said. | 像你说的那样 |
[18:34] | I keep thinking about the thing that you said. | 我一直在想你说的话 |
[18:37] | I keep thinking about you. | 我一直在想你 |
[18:48] | Yo, yo. That’s twisted, man! | 这可太变态了 |
[18:52] | That was him, El. You know it was. | 是他 艾尔 你知道的 |
[18:54] | Who? | 是谁 |
[18:55] | No one. | 没谁 |
[19:02] | You think Bud threw that brick? | 你觉得是巴德扔的砖头吗 |
[19:04] | Must be who they meant. | 她们肯定是这个意思 |
[19:06] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:08] | Maybe he’s the one who should be cooling it in here. | 或许该把他找来在这里冷静一下 |
[19:10] | Let me go see at my dad’s arrangements. | 放我出去安排我爸的后事吧 |
[19:12] | You’re still our number one guy, Warren. | 你还是最大嫌疑人 沃伦 |
[19:15] | Detective. | 探员 |
[19:18] | Did you find anything else out… about Ellie? | 你们还查到有关艾丽的其它事吗 |
[19:26] | She cried when you got drafted. | 你被抽中的时候她哭了 |
[19:50] | Take a look around. Go on. | 四处看看吧 去吧 |
[19:54] | I’m losing them. | 这买卖要做不成了 |
[19:56] | Nice timing. | 真会挑时间 |
[19:57] | You want another 36 years? | 你还想要36年时间吗 |
[19:59] | Ah, crap. Go ahead. | 太扯了 说吧 |
[20:01] | You said it was about Ellie? | 你们说是关于艾丽的 |
[20:02] | Wondering how you took it when she | 我们在想她为了沃伦 |
[20:04] | threw you over for this Warren guy. | 甩了你时 你什么反应 |
[20:06] | I’m the one threw her over. | 是我甩了她 |
[20:08] | I dried up on us after my buddy Terry’s wedding. | 我朋友泰瑞婚礼后 我就疏远她 |
[20:11] | Cut her loose. | 跟她吹了 |
[20:12] | So that brick through her new guy’s window that was you saying | 那你扔进她新男友窗户里的砖头是刻着 |
[20:15] | – “We could still be friends?” – Ah, the brick. | -“还是朋友”了 -砖头的事啊 |
[20:18] | Yeah, I’ll cop to that. | 对 是我干的 |
[20:20] | But I didn’t know the hippie lived there. | 但我当时不知道那个嬉皮士住那里 |
[20:22] | That was meant for ‘Bridezilla.’ | 那是给”怪兽新娘”准备的 |
[20:24] | Suzanne? | 苏赞吗 |
[20:25] | On account of her behavior at the wedding. | 是因为她婚礼那天的行为 |
[20:31] | Oh, my god! | 我的天 |
[20:32] | Oh, my god, oh my god, Ellie! | 我的天 我的天 艾丽 |
[20:33] | Suzanne, what are you doing? | 苏赞 你在干什么 |
[20:35] | What are you, an interpreter? Terry! | 你什么人都交啊 泰瑞 |
[20:37] | Terry! | 泰瑞 |
[20:39] | Bud, just, just turn around, okay? I got to pull myself up here. | 巴德 转过去好吗 我得穿好衣服 |
[20:45] | I undid all those buttons? | 我把这些扣子都解下来了吗 |
[20:47] | Please, just leave, okay? | 拜托 走开好吗 |
[20:54] | I’ll kill you! | 我杀了你 |
[21:00] | – Don’t look at me like that. – Geez, Suzanne! | -别这么看着我 -天啊 苏赞 |
[21:02] | I know, El. I know. | 我知道 艾尔 我知道 |
[21:04] | Now look at me. | 看着我 |
[21:05] | After what you told me, don’t be a hypocrite. | 别忘了你跟我说的事 别那么虚伪 |
[21:09] | Whoa, what the heck is that about? | 这话什么意思 |
[21:11] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[21:12] | You, damn itt! what are you two talking about? | 该死 你们两个在说什么 |
[21:15] | Just forget it, Bud. | 别问了 巴德 |
[21:20] | Fishtown bitches! | 你们鱼镇的婊子 |
[21:25] | So you break up with Ellie, because her best friend’s a cheater? | 所以艾丽的朋友偷腥 你就跟她分手了 |
[21:29] | Birds of a feather. | 物以类聚 |
[21:31] | Ellie’d be following suit soon enough. | 艾丽肯定会紧随其后 |
[21:33] | Besides, I’m with the same girl since I’m twelve. | 再说 我从12岁就跟这一个女孩恋爱 |
[21:35] | I was done. | 我也够了 |
[21:37] | What Suzanne mean, Ellie was a hypocrite? | 苏赞说艾丽虚伪是什么意思 |
[21:40] | Something related to their chick conspiracy. | 跟她们娘们间的小秘密有关吧 |
[21:42] | I didn’t press for details. | 我没细问 |
[21:44] | You’ll have to ask ‘zilla’ herself. | 你们自己去问那个”怪兽”吧 |
[21:46] | You got an alibi for when Ellie died? | 艾丽死的当晚你有不在场证明吗 |
[21:48] | Working late at the sugar factory? | 在制糖厂工作到很晚 |
[21:50] | My pop waited up to tell me. | 我爸为告诉我她的死讯一直没睡 |
[21:54] | She’s the first person I knew close… that died. | 她是我亲近的人里第一个过世的 |
[22:00] | Hmm, Ellie. | 艾丽 |
[22:10] | You finally got that singer, huh? | 你们终于找到那唱歌的了 |
[22:13] | Warren Cousins? Yeah. | 沃伦·卡金斯 没错 |
[22:14] | He’s in custody for Ellie’s murder. | 他因涉嫌艾丽的谋杀案被拘留 |
[22:16] | It’s a long time coming. | 不是不报啊 |
[22:18] | Suzanne, Warren says that he and Ellie were in love. True? | 苏赞 沃伦说他和艾丽相爱 真的吗 |
[22:22] | She was dreamy about him. | 她被他迷倒了 |
[22:24] | No other man could compare. | 没谁能比得上 |
[22:27] | – Not Bud? – Bud or the rest of the species. | -巴德比不上 -巴德还有其他的男人 |
[22:30] | We heard about that brick incident. | 我们听说了扔砖头事件 |
[22:32] | Bud said that was on him. | 巴德说是他干的 |
[22:34] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[22:35] | But he mentioned a different reason. | 不过他说了另一个原因 |
[22:38] | – Something about your wedding night? – Yeah. | -关于你婚礼那天晚上的事 -对了 |
[22:40] | Mistakes were made. | 错已铸成 |
[22:43] | What did you mean that night? | 你那晚的话什么意思 |
[22:44] | Calling Ellie a hypocrite? | 说艾丽虚伪 |
[22:47] | Oh, she told me about meeting Warren, | 她跟我说了见沃伦的事 |
[22:50] | and it was suddenly making her question things. | 让她突然对很多事动摇了 |
[22:53] | Oh, like settling with Buddy boy? | 比如嫁给巴德吗 |
[22:55] | And ending up with her mother’s life. | 过上她妈妈那种生活 |
[22:57] | Same thing crossed my mind walking down the aisle. | 我走向圣坛的时候也开始想这些事 |
[23:00] | So at the reception all I’m thinking is, | 所以喜宴的时候 我满脑子都是 |
[23:02] | ‘What did I just do?’ | “我这是干了什么” |
[23:04] | Enter the drummer. | 就跟鼓手好上了 |
[23:07] | So was Ellie gonna do something to change her plans? | 就是说艾丽打算改变原定计划了 |
[23:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[23:15] | Wish my parents never got us that mustang. | 真希望我爸妈没给我们那辆野马 |
[23:17] | Terry’s been in the driveway every single day of this month. | 泰瑞这个月每天都泡在车道上 |
[23:21] | Doesn’t have a word to say to me. | 跟我倒是没话说 |
[23:24] | Suz, I don’t think it’s like this with everyone. | 苏兹 我觉得并不是大家都这样 |
[23:29] | Well, his birthday got called, so he’s a little upset. | 他生日被抽到了 有点心烦罢了 |
[23:34] | You wanna be like this? | 你想这样吗 |
[23:36] | Suz, there are men who are different. | 苏兹 有些男人是不一样的 |
[23:41] | You could have a new life with. | 你可以和他们有新生活 |
[23:43] | And they’d let you be who you are. That’s what they want. | 他们让你做真实的自己 他们就要这样 |
[23:47] | And they would never- | 他们永远不会 |
[23:49] | they would die first, Suz. They would never hurt you. | 他们宁可死 苏兹 也不会伤害你 |
[23:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:57] | You wanna leave here? | 你想离开这里吗 |
[23:59] | Go someplace far out and start over, where Terry can’t find us? | 走远些去泰瑞找不到我们的地方重新开始 |
[24:03] | Cause Warren’s going to Canada and we could, too. | 沃伦要去加拿大 我们也可以 |
[24:07] | Ellie! | 艾丽 |
[24:09] | Uh, you got a lot to say today, huh? | 今天挺能聊的啊 |
[24:10] | Just uh- catching up, Terry. | 就是叙叙旧罢了 泰瑞 |
[24:16] | Terry! | 泰瑞 |
[24:17] | Don’t you yammer about me when I’m out working! | 我工作的时候你少在这里抱怨 |
[24:19] | Do you understand? | 听懂了吗 |
[24:20] | And don’t bring stupid talk into my house. | 你别在我家说傻话 |
[24:23] | She don’t need anymore wild ideas than she’s already got. | 她已经够野的了 不需要谁再来鼓动她 |
[24:25] | That’s what you say! | 你说了不算 |
[24:26] | Okay, okay! | 好了 好了 |
[24:27] | That’s the conversation. | 我们没什么好说的了 |
[24:36] | Oh, by the way. | 对了 |
[24:37] | I know where you go at night, Ellie. | 我知道你晚上去哪里 艾丽 |
[24:51] | He meant Warren’s place. | 他指的是沃伦家 |
[24:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:54] | Where Ellie was killed. | 艾丽就在那里被害 |
[24:57] | Where was Terry the night she died? | 她被杀当晚泰瑞在哪里 |
[24:59] | Out till morning, getting blitzed. | 彻夜不归 酩酊大醉 |
[25:03] | He wouldn’t have hurt her. | 他不会伤害她的 |
[25:05] | We grew up together, all of us! | 我们几个一起长大的 |
[25:07] | But he was in a bad way then, right? | 但他当时脾气不太好 对吗 |
[25:12] | You said Terry was working on a mustang? | 你说泰瑞在鼓捣一台野马吗 |
[25:14] | Yeah, ’65. | 对 65年款的 |
[25:18] | His true love. Trust me. | 那才是他的真爱 相信我 |
[25:24] | It’s a chrome bumper. | 保险杠含铬 |
[25:38] | What kind of person makes a kid run those at 8:00 in the morning? | 你也忍心让小孩子早上8点这样跑 |
[25:41] | You coming down on me for that? | 你们来这里是为了这事吗 |
[25:43] | No, we’re homicide, it’s a little more serious. | 不 我们凶案组的 为严重一些的事 |
[25:46] | Sit-ups until the whistle. | 仰卧起坐 直到我吹哨 |
[25:50] | You remember Ellie McCormick? | 记得艾丽·麦考米克吗 |
[25:52] | Yeah, sure. Great girl. | 当然了 好姑娘 |
[25:54] | We hear she tried to get your wife to | 我们听说她试图鼓动你老婆 |
[25:55] | pull a ‘Thelma & Louise’ on you. | 跟她来个《末路狂花》 |
[25:57] | Run off together…leave you all alone. | 一起逃跑 留下你孤独一人 |
[26:00] | You’d be short a punch bag thanks to Ellie. | 艾丽差点害你失去了出气包 |
[26:02] | Girls were always talking. | 娘们总是唧唧喳喳 |
[26:04] | It was just talk. | 也就是说说而已 |
[26:05] | But you took them seriously. | 但你当真了 |
[26:07] | What you call her again? | 你骂她什么来着 |
[26:08] | It was something unflattering, I think. | 好像不是什么好话 |
[26:10] | Plus there was chrome on her body. | 再说她尸体上找到了铬 |
[26:13] | Like on your mustang. | 你的野马上也有 |
[26:14] | From your hands to her neck. | 是从你手上沾到她脖子上了 |
[26:16] | And you knew where she went at night, right? | 你还知道她晚上的去向 对吗 |
[26:20] | Oh, heck! Okay. | 见鬼 好吧 |
[26:22] | Straight story. | 跟你们说实话 |
[26:24] | I went over there, once. | 我去找她了 就一次 |
[26:26] | To give Ellie what for? | 是去教训艾丽吗 |
[26:27] | No! | 不是 |
[26:28] | I heard the girl scheming. | 我听到她们算计了 |
[26:30] | I thought maybe I could change my plans. | 我想说不定我能改改我的计划 |
[26:32] | Cause all I had to look forward to was going to die in a jungle. | 我当时唯一的前景就是死在丛林里 |
[26:40] | Ellie! | 艾丽 |
[26:43] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[26:44] | I know what you’re thinking of me right now. | 我知道你现在怎么想我 |
[26:46] | But I’m just not in my right way. | 但我现在是有点脾气 |
[26:48] | I’m flipped out. | 我有点激动 |
[26:51] | You know I’m going to Vietnam, right? | 你知道我要去越南吧 |
[26:53] | I know your birthday got called. | 我知道你的生日被抽到了 |
[26:55] | And I saw your brother at the wedding. | 我看到婚礼上你哥哥的样子了 |
[26:58] | Katie looking around during the dance songs, | 凯蒂舞曲的时候四下打量 |
[26:59] | embarrassed to be with him? | 觉得跟他在一起丢脸 |
[27:02] | That can’t be me. | 我不能像他那样 |
[27:05] | You’re nothing like him, Terry. | 你跟他没一点相像 泰瑞 |
[27:06] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[27:08] | Ellie, wait! | 艾丽 等等 |
[27:10] | I know Suzanne doesn’t love me. | 我知道苏赞不爱我 |
[27:12] | So maybe… | 或许 |
[27:14] | Maybe I should just beat it to Canada | 或许我该逃去加拿大 |
[27:15] | where you and that guy are going. | 你和那家伙要去的地方 |
[27:18] | Can I talk to him? | 我能跟他谈谈吗 |
[27:19] | No! You can’t come in. | 不 你不能进来 |
[27:20] | I’m scared. | 我好怕 |
[27:22] | Like your boyfriend? | 跟你男友一样 |
[27:24] | He’s not scared. | 他不是怕 |
[27:26] | He has beliefs. | 他是有信仰 |
[27:28] | Find your own way to Canada. | 自己找法子去加拿大吧 |
[27:34] | So, you wanted to duck the draft, too. | 原来你也想逃避服役 |
[27:38] | Didn’t have the nerve though. | 有贼心没贼胆 |
[27:40] | Got lucky. | 撞了运 |
[27:41] | Ended up watching the border in Korea. | 只是在朝韩边境站了岗而已 |
[27:44] | How’d you know where to find Ellie? | 你怎么知道上哪找艾丽的 |
[27:46] | From Bud. | 巴德告诉我的 |
[27:47] | Bud was still keeping tabs after they were over? | 他们分手后 巴德还跟着她吗 |
[27:49] | He was only camped out there night after night. | 他可是夜夜在那里扎营 |
[27:52] | Thought he gave Ellie the brush-off? | 还以为是他甩了艾丽呢 |
[27:55] | Hey, it’s not for me to say. | 这我说不清楚 |
[27:57] | But if that’s how it went, why’s he stalking her? | 但如果事情是那样 他怎么还跟踪她 |
[28:02] | – I already talked to the other two. – Yeah, I know. | -我跟那两个谈过了 -我知道 |
[28:04] | So what am I doing here? | 那还找我干什么 |
[28:05] | I guess we didn’t get the truth just yet | 我想是因为你没跟我们说实话 |
[28:07] | about how you and Ellie ended. | 你和艾丽到底怎么结束的 |
[28:08] | Well, you can go pound sand if you don’t believe me! | 你们不相信拉倒 |
[28:10] | Maybe, you just misrepresented how that final talk went? | 或许 你对你们分手谈话没有如实叙述 |
[28:16] | You ever had a fiance? | 你跟谁订过婚吗 |
[28:22] | And she screwed my head up good. | 订过 她把我整惨了 |
[28:25] | Well, that’s what Ellie did to me. | 艾丽对我也是那样 |
[28:27] | So maybe over time, | 所以或许这么多年了 |
[28:29] | I wanna remember a little different, you know? | 我想让记忆有点不一样 懂吗 |
[28:31] | – Pride thing? – Now you put in the time. | -自尊心作祟 -你一直对她很好 |
[28:34] | You’re the long-term guy. | 你才是长情的那个 |
[28:35] | Some new act waltzes in, she goes nutty. | 谁整点新花样 她就神魂颠倒了 |
[28:38] | Sure. | 那是 |
[28:38] | You can’t talk to them about it. | 又不能跟她们理论 |
[28:40] | What, a rational conversation with a woman? | 跟女人哪有讲道理可讲 |
[28:43] | I never had one. | 从没有过 |
[28:44] | Well, you tried and two seconds later | 你可以试试 不到两秒 |
[28:46] | they got you frothing at the mouth, right? | 她们能气得你口吐白沫 是不是 |
[28:50] | Pretty soon, you got to mess on your hands. | 用不了多久 你就忍不住出手 |
[28:52] | Is that how it went, Bud? | 是这样吗 巴德 |
[28:55] | You can’t have her, no one can? | 你得不到她 别人也休想得到 |
[28:58] | Hey. I took it harder than I said but come on! | 我的反应确实比我说的大多了 但拜托 |
[29:02] | I didn’t kill her! | 我没杀她 |
[29:03] | You staked her place out. | 你监视她的住处 |
[29:04] | I watched for her one night. | 我就去看了她一晚 |
[29:08] | – Few nights! – I heard a week. | -几晚 -我听说是一周 |
[29:10] | So a week! | 一周就一周 |
[29:12] | Believe me, I wasn’t the messed-up one. | 相信我 犯浑的不是我 |
[29:15] | I went to the door finally, | 我终于走到门前 |
[29:16] | walked into world war III. | 却碰上了第三次世界大战 |
[29:33] | Ellie? Ellie! | 艾丽 艾丽 |
[29:35] | Damn it! Let me in there. | 该死的 让我进去 |
[29:37] | Where is he? Show me where he is! | 他在哪里 告诉我他在哪里 |
[29:39] | Bud, keep it down! | 巴德 小点声 |
[29:40] | He’s bad news Ellie, I’m telling you! Look at you! | 我就说他不是好东西 艾丽 看看你 |
[29:48] | You answer me one question, okay? | 你就回答我一个问题 |
[29:51] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[29:52] | About giving up 19 years in Fishtown, | 放弃鱼镇的这19年 |
[29:55] | then, run off with this hippie guy, | 跟这个嬉皮私奔 |
[29:57] | who you’ve known for six weeks? | 你们才认识六周啊 |
[29:58] | – You don’t understand Bud. – Who do this to you? | -你不懂 巴德 -他还这样对你 |
[30:08] | Don’t you, don’t you remember? | 你不记得吗 |
[30:10] | That time we went down to Atlantic City, | 我们一起去大西洋城的那次 |
[30:12] | just the four of us, for beers and surf and turf? | 就我们四个 喝啤酒 吃海鲜牛排 |
[30:15] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[30:16] | And, and I went into the water and you, | 我掉进水里 而你 |
[30:19] | you came in and pull me out? Remember that? | 你跳下水把我救起来 记得吗 |
[30:23] | – I do Bud. – Yeah? | -我记得 巴德 -是吗 |
[30:25] | – Yeah. – So? | -是的 -那你怎么说 |
[30:27] | So I’m in love with Warren. | 我说我爱上沃伦了 |
[30:30] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:34] | Yeah…well, that’s screwy. | 好吧 这事真扭曲 |
[30:43] | Adios. | 再见了 |
[30:57] | Maybe me and Ellie weren’t perfect but I never laid a hand. | 或许我和艾丽并不完美 但我从没打过她 |
[31:00] | But Warren did? | 但沃伦打了 |
[31:01] | He acts like this peace-lovin’ guy. | 他装得一副热爱和平的样 |
[31:04] | Not behind closed doors. | 关上门就是另一副嘴脸 |
[31:10] | So, ever hear from that New York guy? | 纽约的那家伙还找过你吗 |
[31:14] | He doesn’t know where I am. | 他不知道我在哪里 |
[31:16] | Which is a good thing. | 这是好事 |
[31:18] | End badly? | 分手不太和平 |
[31:19] | He got overly invested. | 他太投入了 |
[31:22] | Like um…Joe Dennison? And Danny Ross. | 像乔·丹尼森 丹尼·罗丝那样吗 |
[31:28] | – Steve Regis? – I was never with Steve- | -还有史蒂夫·瑞格斯 -我从没跟他 |
[31:30] | – Liar! – I wasn’t! | -撒谎 -没有 |
[31:31] | Hey, I wouldn’t admit to it, either. | 换了我也不承认 |
[31:36] | There’s someone good now. | 现在我遇到好人了 |
[31:37] | Yeah, yeah. What about that? | 那不错 给我说说 |
[31:40] | Well, actually he’s a cop. | 实际上 他是个警察 |
[31:44] | Do I know him? | 我认识吗 |
[31:47] | Yeah. | 认识 |
[31:54] | Not Valens. | 不是瓦伦斯吧 |
[32:02] | I can’t believe you’re doing this again. | 真不敢相信你又这么做了 |
[32:04] | Again? | 又 |
[32:05] | I should’ve guessed. | 早该料到 |
[32:06] | Valens isn’t like Patrick at all. | 瓦伦斯跟帕特里克不是一回事 |
[32:08] | Don’t talk about him. | 别跟我提他 |
[32:10] | I would never do that, Lil. | 我永远不会再那么做了 阿莉 |
[32:13] | ‘Cause of how it hurt you. | 因为那事伤你那么深 |
[32:14] | Don’t you know by now you ruin everything you touch? | 你到现在还不明白 你会毁掉一切吗 |
[32:18] | I don’t ruin things. | 我不会毁掉什么 |
[32:26] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[32:31] | Lil… | 阿莉 |
[32:33] | I’m leaving for work at seven, | 我7点下班 |
[32:34] | you can come by after that and pick up your stuff. | 你之后过来把东西搬走吧 |
[32:56] | – Something wrong? – Nope. | -出什么事了吗 -没有 |
[32:58] | Let’s do this. | 我们走吧 |
[33:02] | I’m back in the cell in two hours, can’t this wait? | 我两小时之后就回牢房 不能等等吗 |
[33:04] | – No, it can’t, Warren. – I’m starting | -等不了 沃伦 -我开始 |
[33:05] | to believe you did love Ellie. | 相信你确实爱过艾丽 |
[33:07] | I’ve only been saying that from the start. | 我从一开始就这么说 |
[33:09] | Well, it’s always the guys who love too hard | 总是那些用情太深的男人 |
[33:11] | that end up smacking their girls around. | 最后动手打人的 |
[33:12] | I never touched her. | 我从没打过她 |
[33:14] | There was a witness outside your apartment. | 你公寓外有个证人 |
[33:16] | Heard screaming, violence. | 听到了尖叫和打斗的声音 |
[33:18] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 |
[33:19] | Ellie got her face bloody all by herself? | 艾丽自己把脸打出血的吗 |
[33:23] | I promised to her that I’d never tell. | 我答应她我永远不会说出去 |
[33:25] | But I guess I’ve been keeping promises | 但我猜我长期以来一直在 |
[33:27] | to a ghost for a long time now. | 对一个鬼魂信守诺言呢 |
[33:30] | So? | 那你说啊 |
[33:33] | It was Brian. | 是布莱恩 |
[33:34] | Yelling in my apartment. | 在我公寓大喊大叫 |
[33:36] | – He the one hurt her? – He was detoxing. | -他打伤了她 -他在戒毒 |
[33:38] | Not in his right mind. | 头脑不清楚 |
[33:39] | Heroine. | 他吸食海洛因 |
[33:40] | A lot of guys came back with the habit. | 很多退伍的士兵都染上了毒瘾 |
[33:42] | I knew the signs as soon as I saw Brian at the wedding. | 我在婚礼上一见到布莱恩就看出了端倪 |
[33:45] | It was…ugly, you know? | 过程很不好看 懂吗 |
[33:49] | He got so pissed off one night he threw a plate at Ellie. | 他有天晚上火大了 向艾丽扔盘子 |
[33:51] | Cut her face. | 划伤了她的脸 |
[33:53] | Why d’you get involved in it? | 你是怎么牵扯到其中的 |
[33:54] | Ellie wouldn’t leave with me with Brian sick. | 布莱恩还没康复 艾丽不肯跟我走 |
[33:58] | Plan was, after he got clean, Ellie and I would go north. | 我们计划他戒毒后 我们就北上 |
[34:05] | Take it easy. | 没事了 |
[34:09] | You take care of Brian at home, okay? | 你在家好好照顾布莱恩 好吗 |
[34:15] | So…eleven tonight? | 那就今晚11点见 |
[34:18] | Warren… | 沃伦 |
[34:21] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[34:22] | I don’t know if I can do this. | 我不知道我能不能跟你走 |
[34:24] | El…we’re all packed. | 艾尔 我们都准备好了 |
[34:26] | Your stuffs up there ready to go. | 你的东西都在这里 随时能走 |
[34:28] | I don’t think I can leave my brother. | 我不能丢下我哥 |
[34:30] | He’s in the clear now. | 他现在戒毒了 |
[34:32] | What if he relapses? | 要是他复发了呢 |
[34:33] | No one else here knows. He’ll be all alone. | 这里没别人知道 他就孤身一人 |
[34:38] | What about our plan? | 那我们的计划呢 |
[34:41] | Look at him, Warren… | 看看他 沃伦 |
[34:49] | Do you still love me? | 你还爱我吗 |
[34:52] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[34:54] | Then come with me. | 那就跟我走 |
[34:57] | You know you’re the first person to ever tell me | 你知道你是第一个告诉我 |
[34:58] | I could be bigger than this place. | 我能飞得更高的人 |
[35:00] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[35:03] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你 |
[35:04] | Baby, don’t talk like you’re not coming. | 不要这样讲话 好像你不会来似的 |
[35:07] | I just need time. | 我需要时间 |
[35:09] | They’re picking us up at eleven at the bus station. | 公车站11点有车接我们 |
[35:12] | Ellie, I know what I’m asking you. | 艾丽 我知道我的要求很过分 |
[35:16] | But it’s cause I love you. | 但那是因为我爱你 |
[35:19] | And if you come with me… | 如果你跟我来 |
[35:22] | I’ll love you my whole life. | 我会爱你一辈子 |
[35:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:27] | And if you don’t come, I won’t make it hard for you. | 如果你不来 我也不为难你 |
[35:32] | I’ll let you go. | 我会放手 |
[35:38] | I’ll see you tonight. | 我们今晚见 |
[35:57] | I made them wait until midnight. | 我让他们等到午夜 |
[36:01] | Then I waited for a long time after that. | 之后我又等了很久 |
[36:03] | Thinking she was gonna knock on my door one day. | 心想她或许哪天会来敲我家的门 |
[36:09] | She made a choice. | 她做出了选择 |
[36:11] | Well, Brian didn’t say anything about this. | 布莱恩倒没跟我们说这事 |
[36:13] | Not a great look-back. | 算不上是光彩的一页 |
[36:15] | Probably the worst time of his life. | 大概是他人生最难熬的时期了 |
[36:26] | I was just about to go to sleep. | 我刚要睡觉 |
[36:31] | Graveyard shift? | 值夜班吗 |
[36:33] | It’s a good schedule for me. | 这个时间安排很适合我 |
[36:34] | I could never lay down at night. | 我晚上都睡不着 |
[36:38] | Did you wake up? | 你那晚醒过来了吗 |
[36:39] | – The night Ellie left. – Left where? | -就是艾丽离开的那晚 -离开哪里 |
[36:41] | The night she packed her suitcase. Left to go to Canada. | 那晚她打包好了行李箱 要去加拿大 |
[36:43] | Did you wake up and find her room empty? | 你有没有醒来发现她屋子空了 |
[36:46] | She wouldn’t go anywhere with that guy. | 她不会跟那家伙去任何地方的 |
[36:47] | Brian, we know you came back from the war | 布莱恩 我们知道你从战场回来 |
[36:50] | with a drug problem. | 染上了毒瘾 |
[36:52] | A lot of guys struggle with that. | 很多人都有这问题 |
[36:53] | Well, that stuff holds on tight, right? | 那东西不好戒 是吧 |
[36:55] | Can’t just give it up easy. | 没法轻易戒掉 |
[36:56] | So maybe you slipped up. | 或许你一时没忍住 |
[36:57] | The night Ellie decides to leave. | 艾丽走的那晚又吸了两口 |
[36:59] | You went to Warren’s to talk her out of it, | 你去沃伦家想劝她别走 |
[37:01] | only you’re in such a haze… | 不过你当时晕晕乎乎 |
[37:03] | you do something you regret. | 你做了令自己后悔的事 |
[37:04] | Something you’re just sitting on for all these years. | 这么多年你一直活在自己的罪过里 |
[37:07] | No, I wouldn’t do that. I got clean. | 不 我不会那样的 我戒毒了 |
[37:09] | There was chrome on her neck, Brian. | 她脖子上有铬 布莱恩 |
[37:12] | – From your chair. – No! | -是你椅子上的 -不 |
[37:13] | You got that junk in your veins and | 你血管里都是那些毒 |
[37:14] | now your baby sister goes behind your back and sneaks off. | 现在小妹妹又要背着你偷偷溜走 |
[37:18] | You got nobody, you’re down so low, you break. | 你无依无靠 跌落谷底 直到崩溃 |
[37:21] | I was clean! | 我没吸毒 |
[37:28] | When I did it. | 我做的时候没吸毒 |
[37:34] | Ah, God. | 天啊 |
[37:37] | For the first time in so long… | 这么长时间了 |
[37:40] | I was clear. I could see right to tomorrow. | 我终于戒毒了 我能看清明天的样子 |
[37:45] | And all the way down the line. | 还有以后的日子 |
[38:01] | Brian. | 布莱恩 |
[38:02] | How did you get up and go? | 你怎么能起来就走 |
[38:06] | Ellie, you really gonna leave me? | 艾丽 你真要离开我吗 |
[38:08] | Sorry I didn’t say goodbye. | 对不起 我没说再见 |
[38:10] | Hurts too much. | 太痛苦了 |
[38:13] | So don’t. | 那就别走 |
[38:14] | I love him, Brian. | 我爱他 布莱恩 |
[38:15] | I want to start a life with him up there. | 我想跟他在那边开始新生活 |
[38:17] | While I’m down here, alone in the house? | 而我就在这里 一人在家吗 |
[38:19] | Not alone. Mom and Dad are there, Kate… | 你不会孤独的 爸妈也在 凯特 |
[38:24] | No… | 不 |
[38:26] | What? | 什么 |
[38:27] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[38:31] | El, there’s not gonna be anyone for me. | 艾尔 没有人会陪伴我了 |
[38:34] | – Sure there is. – No, I-, | -当然会有 -不 我 |
[38:38] | I don’t work how men do. | 我失去了性功能 |
[38:46] | Brian. That’s not what a man is. | 布莱恩 男人不止是生理构造 |
[38:50] | It’s about who you are on the inside. | 更在于你的内心 |
[38:53] | How you treat people, how you love them. | 你怎么对待他人 怎么爱他们 |
[38:57] | Oh, but that’s where it’s all rotten…. | 我就是坏在这里 |
[39:02] | No. | 不会 |
[39:03] | El, the little girl who did this? | 艾尔 那个弄残我的小姑娘 |
[39:06] | She recognized me. That’s why. | 她认出我了 所以才炸残了我 |
[39:11] | Because we went into her hut and | 因为我们冲进她的小屋 |
[39:12] | we dragged out her parents and her grand parents | 拖出她的父母和她的祖父母 |
[39:14] | and we threw them in a bunker and tossed in a grenade. | 把他们扔进了沙坑 扔了颗手榴弹 |
[39:19] | She finds me later. | 她之后找到了我 |
[39:22] | So starving… | 她饿惨了 |
[39:24] | She’s probably 40 pounds, wet. | 大概瘦得就剩下40磅了 |
[39:27] | And all I was thinking was ‘I should have killed her, too’. | 而我只在想 “我本该杀了她的” |
[39:35] | El, you are the only one I can tell these things to. | 艾尔 我只能跟你说这些 |
[39:42] | You’re not rotten. | 你没有变坏 |
[39:44] | You don’t know! | 你不了解 |
[39:48] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[39:49] | Because you get to leave and forget | 因为你能一走了之 忘记一切 |
[39:51] | and I am stuck here! | 我却只能留在这里 |
[39:54] | For the rest of my life! | 一辈子都走不出去 |
[39:57] | What about me? | 我怎么办 |
[40:01] | Brian, it’s all right. | 布莱恩 没事的 |
[40:02] | No, I’m stuck! | 有事 我无路可走了 |
[40:09] | Just, just let me, let me… | 就让我 让我 |
[40:11] | I’m stuck! | 我无路可走了 |
[40:15] | I’m stuck! | 我无路可走了 |
[40:18] | I’m stuck! | 我无路可走了 |
[40:32] | 歌曲:”I say a little Prayer” 歌手:Aretha Franklin |