时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | 冠军拳击俱乐部 洛奇对阿波罗 真枪实弹 “疯莫”莫里斯·贝尔 对决 “顽石”杰利·斯通 | |
[01:01] | C’mon! Punch’em! | 上啊 揍他 |
[01:03] | Break, break, break, break! | 停 停 停 |
[01:05] | I’m okay, I’m okay. | 我没事 我没事 |
[01:06] | I’m not going down, Mo. | 我不会倒下的 莫 |
[01:17] | Attaboy, Jerry, attaboy! | 好样的 杰利 好样的 |
[01:18] | C’mon, now! You’re my great white hope! | 加油 我看好你 |
[01:28] | That’s it! That’s it! | 够了 够了 |
[01:29] | Stop it! No more! | 停手 别打了 |
[01:34] | I love you, Jerry. | 我爱你 杰利 |
[01:37] | Look, you’re killing him! Don’t you see? | 你快打死他了 看不出来吗 |
[01:49] | Doctor! | 医生 |
[01:51] | We need a doctor! | 快叫医生来 |
[02:20] | I arrived for morning visits | 我早上来探病时 |
[02:22] | when Sonny had taken the turn for the worst. | 索尼已到弥留之际 |
[02:25] | Sonny Carroll? | 索尼·卡罗 |
[02:26] | – Yes. – He has information on the prize fighter who was killed? | -对 -他有那个被打死的职业拳击手的信息吗 |
[02:29] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[02:30] | Sonny hasn’t made a last confession. | 索尼还没做临终告解 |
[02:32] | He wanted to talk to you first. | 他想先跟你们谈谈 |
[02:43] | Sonny? | 索尼 |
[02:44] | The police are here. | 警察来了 |
[02:46] | This is detective Rush and Lieutenant Stillman. | 这是拉什探员和斯蒂尔曼副队长 |
[02:49] | Hi, Sonny. | 你好 索尼 |
[02:51] | ‘Course you’d have to be a pretty young gal. | 你果然是个漂亮的丫头 |
[02:53] | Serves me right. | 我真有福 |
[02:56] | Sonny, you officiated in a boxing match back in 1976? | 索尼 你是1976年一场拳击赛的裁判吗 |
[03:00] | And that kid died in the ring. | 那孩子死在了擂台上 |
[03:02] | Who died? | 谁死了 |
[03:04] | Jerry Stone. | 杰利·斯通 |
[03:06] | What a gutless wonder. | 真是太没种了 |
[03:09] | Jerry was gutless? | 你是说杰利吗 |
[03:10] | No, me. | 不 是我 |
[03:12] | I should have stopped the fight. | 我本该阻止那场比赛 |
[03:14] | Stopped it because Jerry was hurt? | 阻止的原因是杰利受伤了吗 |
[03:17] | Real bad. | 伤势很重 |
[03:18] | Why didn’t you? | 那你为什么没阻止 |
[03:20] | My hand was in the pot. | 因为我收了脏钱 |
[03:24] | Someone paid you off, Sonny? | 有人收买了你吗 索尼 |
[03:27] | Fifteen hundred dollars. | 1500块 |
[03:30] | That was the deal. | 这是交易条件 |
[03:32] | To not stop a fight that should have been stopped? | 要你放任一场本该被阻止的比赛吗 |
[03:37] | Sonny? | 索尼 |
[03:41] | Do you really think he’ll forgive? | 你真觉得我会得到宽恕吗 |
[03:59] | So, someone wants to do Jerry harm. | 有人想伤害杰利 |
[04:03] | And pays Sonny $1,500 to | 于是花了1500块收买索尼 |
[04:04] | let the fight go on longer than it should. | 让他将比赛时间拖长 |
[04:07] | But, Sonny didn’t say who. | 但索尼没说是谁 |
[04:11] | And he’s not going to. | 他也没法说了 |
[04:49] | How’s it going? | 你好吗 |
[04:51] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[04:53] | On my way in. Thought I’d stop by. I called, but- | 我上班路过来看看 刚打了电话 没人接 |
[04:55] | Nah. I must have been in the shower. | 没听到 那时我肯定在洗澡 |
[04:57] | Hit your cell phone a couple of three times, too. | 还打了好多次你的手机 |
[04:59] | Yeah, my cell…I think I left it at work. | 我的手机 可能落在办公室了 |
[05:04] | Mind if I come in? | 我可以进来吗 |
[05:08] | Yeah, okay. If you want. | 好 请便 |
[05:14] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[05:17] | What’s up with your furniture? | 你这些家具怎么回事 |
[05:20] | What do you mean? | 家具怎么了 |
[05:21] | Your setup is horrible. | 布置得真乱 |
[05:23] | Couldn’t be more… | 乱得简直… |
[05:25] | – awkward. – I was about to skip some rope. | -一塌糊涂 -我想腾地方跳绳 |
[05:29] | Gotcha. | 原来如此 |
[05:31] | So, how long have you been doing this? | 你这样多久了 |
[05:34] | Since, uh… pee wees? Wrestling. | 从小时候学摔跤开始吧 |
[05:37] | No, I mean… Pushing back the furniture. | 不 我是说把家具都挪开 |
[05:43] | Ah, So, I don’t like the gym. | 因为我不喜欢去健身房 |
[05:44] | What? Too much room? | 为什么 空间太大吗 |
[05:45] | Nah, too many people. | 不 人太多 |
[05:50] | Listen, Scotty, I, uh- | 听着 斯考特 我… |
[05:52] | Just wanted to say when my wife died… | 就是想说 我太太去世时… |
[05:57] | Well, I’ve been where you’ve been. | 我也是过来人 |
[06:01] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[06:03] | So, if you ever want to talk… | 如果你想找人聊聊 |
[06:14] | Guess you’ll let me know. | 我随时奉陪 |
[06:22] | Jerry Stone. Twenty four. | 杰利·斯通 24岁 |
[06:24] | Died in the ring after | 在跟”疯莫”莫里斯·贝尔 |
[06:25] | going 15 rounds with Maurice “Mad Mo” Bell. | 打了15个回合后死在擂台上 |
[06:28] | Autopsy showed massive swelling on the brain as cause of death. | 尸检报告说死因是脑部大量积水 |
[06:31] | So no question the punches he took killed him. | 他无疑是被打死的 |
[06:33] | Top Dog Boxing Club. December 19, 1976. | 冠军拳击俱乐部 1976年12月19日 |
[06:37] | Rocky versus Apollo, the real thing. | 洛奇对决阿波罗 真枪实弹 |
[06:40] | Hmm, what’s that about? | 那是什么 |
[06:41] | The idea of the fight was to try and recreate ‘Rocky’, | 这场拳击的卖点就是想重现风靡一时的电影 |
[06:43] | – the hot movie at the time. – Sort of gimmicky, huh? | -《洛奇》的情节 -挺会取巧的 |
[06:46] | Ha, supposedly it lived up to the hype. | 本来是个不错的噱头 |
[06:48] | ‘Till someone got killed. | 结果有人被打死了 |
[06:50] | Nick, the other fighter “Mo”. | 尼克 另一个拳击手”莫” |
[06:52] | Was he questioned first time around? | 当时找他问过话吗 |
[06:53] | The assigned put him through his paces but… | 例行公事问过话 但是… |
[06:55] | boxer dies in the ring, what are you gonna do? | 拳击手是死在台上的 你能拿他怎么办 |
[06:57] | But knowing the referee was on the take, that changes everything. | 既然现在知道裁判受贿 情况可就大不同了 |
[07:00] | So we figure out who paid Sonny. | 我们得知道谁收买了索尼 |
[07:03] | Maybe Gina will know. | 也许吉娜会知道 |
[07:05] | – Who’s that? – Sonny’s daughter. | -是谁 -索尼的女儿 |
[07:07] | And Jerry’s girlfriend. | 也是杰利的女友 |
[07:08] | Says here, she was ringside when Jerry died. | 笔录上说 杰利死时她就在擂台边上 |
[07:11] | So Gina looks on as her own dad | 所以吉娜眼睁睁看着自己的爸爸 |
[07:12] | allows her boyfriend to get beat to death. | 让她的男友被打死 |
[07:15] | Maybe it explains why she wasn’t ringside today. | 也许这就是她今天不在场的原因 |
[07:17] | She wasn’t at the hospital? | 她今天不在医院吗 |
[07:22] | Start with her. | 从她开始查 |
[07:32] | Jerry was short on talent. | 杰利天资不足 |
[07:34] | Big on heart. | 但意志坚强 |
[07:35] | He said that’s why they picked him for the fight. | 他说这就是他获选参赛的原因 |
[07:37] | Because they knew he’d never quit. | 因为他们知道他绝不会退出 |
[07:40] | No matter how badly he was hurt. | 不管被伤的多重 |
[07:42] | No, he’d stay in and take the punishment. | 是的 他会坚持下去 接受惩罚 |
[07:44] | Like Rocky did. | 就像洛奇那样 |
[07:46] | Now, you add a referee who’s willling to let that happen. | 现在还多了个任由他挨揍的裁判 |
[07:50] | Gina, any idea on who could have paid your dad that money? | 吉娜 你觉得谁会收买你爸爸 |
[07:54] | No. | 不知道 |
[07:55] | Well, how about someone who had a problem with Jerry? | 知道谁和杰利有矛盾吗 |
[07:59] | – Besides Sonny you mean? – Yeah. | -你是说除了索尼吗 -是的 |
[08:01] | Nah. | 没有 |
[08:02] | So, Sonny didn’t care for Jerry? | 索尼不喜欢杰利吗 |
[08:05] | At fifteen, he made it very clear that I wasn’t to see him. | 我15岁时 他就明令我不准和他约会 |
[08:08] | He said he was a bum. | 他说他是个孬种 |
[08:10] | How so? | 为什么这么说 |
[08:11] | He droped out of school, didn’t work. | 他辍学了 没有工作 |
[08:14] | But he could always hustle up money to drink. | 但他总有钱喝酒 |
[08:18] | So, how did you two got together? | 你们怎么在一起的 |
[08:20] | Just another Friday night going nowhere, and… | 有个周五的晚上我挺无聊的 于是… |
[08:23] | Then I saw something my father couldn’t. | 我对他有了不同的认识 |
[08:31] | Drinking those eggs were so gross. | 喝鸡蛋那幕真恶心 |
[08:33] | What about his apartment? | 那他公寓那幕呢 |
[08:35] | Yeah! That too. | 那个也恶心 |
[08:40] | Isn’t that Jerry Stone? | 那不是杰利·斯通吗 |
[08:42] | Shh. Hi, Jerry. | 杰利 |
[08:46] | Oh my gosh, what happened to your face? | 老天 你的脸怎么了 |
[08:49] | My face? | 我的脸 |
[08:50] | – Gina here can’t stop looking at it. – Okay! | -吉娜看得眼都直了 -好啦 |
[08:53] | Hey, I’ll see you in a minute. | 待会来找你 |
[09:00] | So, did you like the movie? | 你喜欢这部电影吗 |
[09:02] | Uh, the love story part. | 喜欢爱情故事那段 |
[09:04] | You sorta look like Adrian. | 你看起来有点像阿德里安 |
[09:07] | I do? | 是吗 |
[09:09] | Me, I’ve seen the flick three times. | 这部电影我看了三遍 |
[09:13] | Yeah, fifteen bucks for a locker and a corner man… | 15块租一个储物柜和小角落 |
[09:16] | Five dollar charge for shower and towel. | 5块钱洗澡和毛巾费用 |
[09:19] | Hmm, very true to life. | 很贴近生活 |
[09:24] | So, uh… my looks are comin’ on, huh? | 那你看我顺眼了吗 |
[09:28] | -I said you looked, different. That’s all. – Yeah? | -我是说你形象不同了而已 -是吗 |
[09:32] | ‘Cause I feel different. | 因为我的感觉变了 |
[09:37] | This movie’s got me thinking, | 这部电影使我觉得 |
[09:40] | if some bum wants to be president in the United States, | 在美国就算一个孬种想当总统 |
[09:44] | he really can be. | 也能梦想成真 |
[09:48] | President, huh? | 你想当总统吗 |
[09:51] | Well, I guess I’d better work one of the few fights first. | 我想我最好先打几场拳击赛 |
[09:53] | My record’s not so hot. | 我的成绩还不够出众 |
[10:02] | I gotta go do my roadwork. | 我要去练长跑了 |
[10:07] | Jerry. | 杰利 |
[10:10] | Ah…Are you looking for your own Adrian? | 你在寻找自己的阿德里安吗 |
[10:17] | Are you for real? | 你说真的吗 |
[10:25] | So, that was the beginning of me and Jerry. | 我和杰利就这样开始了 |
[10:30] | And the end of you and Sonny. | 你和索尼也就这样闹翻了 |
[10:33] | Yeah…I told him that Jerry had changed. | 我告诉过他杰利改头换面了 |
[10:36] | I said there was no stopping him now. | 我说他现在已经勤奋上进了 |
[10:38] | But Sonny didn’t believe it? | 但是索尼不相信吗 |
[10:43] | Gina, just so you know… | 吉娜 你要知道 |
[10:45] | Your dad was genuinely sorry about Jerry. | 你爸真的对杰利感到抱歉 |
[10:49] | Yeah. Too bad he didn’t | 很可惜 他早不这么想 |
[10:50] | feel that way before he let Mad Mo kill him. | 结果害得杰利被疯莫打死了 |
[10:58] | Detective Will Jefferys, Mo. | 我是威尔·杰弗里斯探员 莫 |
[10:59] | And my partner detective Vera. | 我的搭档维拉探员 |
[11:02] | Where you all park car, man? | 你们的车都停在哪里 |
[11:04] | Up on the corner, we’re good. | 转角那边 不用担心 |
[11:06] | Yo, Booger. | 喂 布格 |
[11:08] | Some good looking out for Philly’s finest. | 去帮费城警察看着点车 |
[11:14] | You snug as a bug now, baby. | 你日子过得不错 |
[11:16] | Let’s talk about Jerry Stone. | 跟我们说说杰利·斯通吧 |
[11:19] | Come on. | 说吧 |
[11:19] | At the weigh-in you said you were gonna murder Jerry. | 称体重时你就说要打死杰利 |
[11:22] | For real, and you did. | 你也说到做到了 |
[11:24] | Hey, hey, hey. Just talking bads, man. | 那只是撂狠话 |
[11:26] | Selling up tickets. | 为了多卖点票 |
[11:28] | What about the press conference | 那你在记者会上扯的 |
[11:29] | when you were talking about some black and white stuffs? | 什么黑人白人的话呢 |
[11:31] | Ah, just pointing out the differences. | 我只是说二者不同罢了 |
[11:33] | Our people was into James Brown. | 我们黑人都喜欢詹姆斯·布朗 |
[11:35] | Jerry Stone and you all might have rather been square dancing, | 杰利·斯通和你们白人更喜欢方块舞的音乐 |
[11:38] | not any racist. | 不是种族主义者 |
[11:39] | It is a little bit. | 是有点种族歧视 |
[11:40] | Still, it doesn’t mean I murdered him. | 总之这不意味我谋杀了他 |
[11:43] | Mo, we looked into your juvenile records. | 莫 我们查阅了你的少年犯档案 |
[11:45] | Arrested nine times before you were fifteen. | 15岁之前你就被逮捕了9次 |
[11:47] | Two years in the lockup for putting step-pops in coma? | 因为致继父昏迷在拘留所待了二年 |
[11:50] | Those records were supposed to be sealed. | 那些档案不是被封存的吗 |
[11:53] | Don’t worry. We taped ’em back up. | 别担心 我们看完又封回去了 |
[11:55] | I did’t even know who Jerry Stone was. | 我那时甚至都不知道杰利·斯通是谁 |
[11:57] | I- I didn’t want to take that fight in the first place. | 我本来不想打那场比赛 |
[11:59] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[12:00] | Cat was what? 15-18-3.. something terrible like that? | 什么叫实力悬殊 15-18-3 这战绩也太逊了 |
[12:04] | What’s beating a chump like that gonna do for me? | 打败那种傻瓜对我有什么好处 |
[12:06] | So why did you fight him? | 那你为什么还跟他打 |
[12:07] | Tommy Sugar. | 迫于汤米·苏格的压力 |
[12:09] | The promoter of the fight. | 比赛的发起人 |
[12:10] | Man could sell you a house in the Atlantic Ocean. | 死人都能被他说活 |
[12:17] | That’s him in the maroon trunks. | 那个穿栗色短裤的就是他 |
[12:25] | Don’t nobody care about these cats. | 谁会理这种菜鸟 |
[12:27] | What? No, no- what, wait a minute! | 什么 不 等等 |
[12:28] | Look, how many fights you’ve won in a row? | 你连胜多少局了 |
[12:29] | All of’em. And 21 out of 22 was knockouts. | 全部 22场中有21场把对手打趴下了 |
[12:32] | And what one of ’em was against a top five contenders. | 这里面有多少是跟前五名对决 |
[12:35] | Hey, ain’t no top five giving me a fight. Man. | 前五名不跟我打 |
[12:37] | You wanna know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[12:38] | – Why? – Publicity! | -为什么 -知名度 |
[12:40] | You are a wrecking machine but nobody knows you. | 你是一台破坏机 但没有名气 |
[12:42] | But if I get down with this fight? They will. | 但如果我拿下这场比赛 你就会出名了 |
[12:45] | And fighting this fool’s gonna raise my status? | 打败这个傻瓜能提高我的地位吗 |
[12:47] | C’mon. | 来吧 |
[12:49] | Let me introduce you to one of the great bleeders of all time. | 让我向你介绍史上最伟大的血斗士 |
[12:52] | Jerry Stone. | 杰利·斯通 |
[12:54] | I’ve opended up faces many a time. | 我不止一次打得对手脸开花 |
[12:56] | But if he bleeds like this tonight imagine what you’ll do to him. | 他今晚都被打成这样 你还不把他打爆了 |
[13:06] | It’s like you said. Nobody cares about this cat. | 就像你说的 没人在乎这个菜鸟 |
[13:09] | I know I don’t. | 反正我不在乎 |
[13:10] | But everybody, is gonna care about you. | 但所有人都会关注你 |
[13:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:16] | C’mon, Mo. | 答应吧 莫 |
[13:24] | So you agreed to the fight and took Jerry apart. | 因此你接受了这场比赛 并把杰利打死了 |
[13:27] | The ref should’ve stopped. | 裁判应该喊停 |
[13:29] | I could tell why the boy’s brain got wet | 我能看出那家伙脑部积水的原因 |
[13:31] | I’m killing him, and he’s hollering. He took the ring back! | 我都快打死他了 他还在喊 他重返擂台 |
[13:34] | This kinda nonsense. | 有点说不通 |
[13:36] | The thing is, Mo. Your career didn’t rise. | 莫 问题是你的事业并没有起色 |
[13:38] | It went downhill after that fight. | 那场比赛后还走下坡路了 |
[13:40] | Killing somebody has a way of throwing a man off-track. | 出了人命在拳击界就不好混了 |
[13:43] | Not for Tommy Sugar. | 但对汤米·苏格来说不是 |
[13:45] | He’s been Phily’s top boxing promoter the last 25 years. | 这25年来他是费城最棒的拳击赛发起人 |
[13:48] | Well that’s some truth, and here’s some more: | 这话不假 但事情不止这么简单 |
[13:51] | The night Jerry Stone died, | 杰利·斯通死的那晚 |
[13:52] | Tommy Sugar was born. | 正是汤米·苏格的生日 |
[14:07] | It was 1976. The bicentennial. | 那是1976年 国庆200周年 |
[14:10] | And ‘Rocky’ was as American as it gets. | 洛奇就是美国人的标志 |
[14:14] | And you saw a way to exploit that. | 你想到借机发财的办法 |
[14:15] | Saw opportunity. | 看到出头的机会 |
[14:17] | For one and all. | 可以一劳永逸 |
[14:18] | That kind of timing don’t come twice. | 这种时机失不再来 |
[14:20] | So the pressure was on. | 所以产生压力 |
[14:22] | – This fight had to live up. – No doubt. | -这场比赛必须如你所愿 -毫无疑问 |
[14:24] | One thing for an underdog to go 15 rounds on the silver screen, | 电影里一个失败者撑了15个回合 |
[14:27] | another to make that happen in real life. | 要让这场戏真实再现 |
[14:30] | I tribute to the young man who fought. | 我对战斗的年轻人心怀敬意 |
[14:32] | And you did nothing to help it along? | 你没推波助澜吗 |
[14:37] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[14:38] | Jerry would bleed a lot. | 杰利会留很多血 |
[14:39] | Which was a good thing, right? | 这本来是好事吧 |
[14:41] | But if you were trying to remake ‘Rocky’, | 但如果你想让洛奇再现 |
[14:42] | you need Jerry to go 15 rounds. | 就得要杰利撑15回合 |
[14:44] | So you don’t want too much of a good thing. | 所以你不想有太多好事 |
[14:46] | So maybe as insurance you paid the referee to keep it going. | 为了保险起见 你买通裁判让比赛继续 |
[14:49] | No matter what. | 无论如何也不能停 |
[14:51] | Well, Sonny took a deal like that? | 索尼接受了这样的交易吗 |
[14:53] | Yep. | 对 |
[14:55] | Ha, ha, ha- I wish I’d known he was open for business. | 我要是早知道他能受贿就好了 |
[14:58] | You know, where you ought to be looking is the C.Y.O. | 你们该去CYO问问看 |
[15:02] | Catholic Youth Organization. | 天主教青年组织 |
[15:04] | Where I plucked Jerry from. | 我在那里发掘了杰利 |
[15:06] | A half a dozen fighters came to me | 好几个落选的拳击手 |
[15:08] | crying the blues after being overlooked. | 都跑来找我诉苦 |
[15:09] | So one of these sore losers from the C.Y.O. | 这么说 其中有个输不起的家伙 |
[15:12] | pays Sonny 1,500 dollars | 花1500块收买了索尼 |
[15:14] | to see Jerry take the beating of his life? | 想让杰利被活活打死 |
[15:16] | Your best fighters, always hold a grudge. | 最好的拳击手 总是心怀仇恨 |
[15:27] | The C.Y.O. was at it’s height in the 70’s. | 天主教青年组织在70年代处于鼎盛时期 |
[15:30] | Instead of a kid sucking on cigarettes all day long | 杰利不像别的孩子整天抽烟 |
[15:32] | he had a place to go. | 他有地方可去 |
[15:34] | And Jerry Stone participated in the boxing program? | 杰利·斯通参加了拳击训练吗 |
[15:37] | Jerry would serve mass for me on Sunday mornings | 杰利会在礼拜天早上为我做弥撒 |
[15:39] | and then fight for me on Sunday nights. | 然后晚上为我打拳击赛 |
[15:41] | Which eventually lands him this bout with Mo. | 因此他最终遇上了对手莫 |
[15:43] | Right. | 对 |
[15:45] | Heard not everyone was overjoyed by that. | 据说不是每个人都因此高兴不已 |
[15:47] | You gotta remember that | 你们得记住 |
[15:48] | these kids had their noses pressed right up against it. | 这些孩子都急切地盼着这样的机会 |
[15:51] | And along comes Jerry, | 杰利也是 |
[15:53] | He’s got a chance at a real professional fight. | 他有机会参加真正的职业比赛 |
[15:56] | Anyone so jealous they might wanna see real harm come to Jerry? | 是否有人嫉妒得想让杰利被痛殴一顿 |
[15:59] | Pay the ref off to see that happen? | 还为此收买裁判 |
[16:01] | Ah, deep down, these guys knew they were not better than Jerry. | 这些人心底里知道自己不如杰利 |
[16:04] | Just a bunch of ham-and-eggers. | 都是些平庸之辈 |
[16:06] | Except, uh- one of ’em, I guess. | 但是 好像有一个不同 |
[16:09] | Who? | 谁 |
[16:10] | Bucky Lowsen Best fighter we had. | 巴基·罗森曾是我们最好的拳击手 |
[16:12] | Better than Jerry? | 比杰利还厉害吗 |
[16:13] | They wanted more of an underdog. He had too good a record. | 他们更想要个失败者 他的成绩太好了 |
[16:15] | And how’d he deal with that? | 那他怎么办呢 |
[16:17] | Bucky didn’t like coming in second to Jerry | 巴基不想屈居杰利之下 |
[16:19] | that seem to be happening quite a lot. | 但好像经常这样 |
[16:25] | Can I borrow the key to the gym, Father? | 我能借下健身房的钥匙吗 神父 |
[16:28] | I want to work the bags a little. | 我想再练习一下打沙包 |
[16:31] | Mr. Carroll. | 卡罗尔先生 |
[16:33] | Must think Rome was built in a day. | 你肯定认为罗马是一天建成的 |
[16:37] | Hey, go play some records. | 去好好练吧 |
[16:39] | I’ll be right over. | 我等会过来 |
[16:41] | You just won’t give him a chance, will you? | 你就是不肯给他个机会 是吧 |
[16:43] | Why should I? | 我凭什么 |
[16:44] | A bum is a bum is a bum. | 孬种就是孬种 |
[16:46] | Hey, I’ve looking for you. | 我一直找你呢 |
[16:48] | -Buck. – Don’t ‘Buck’ me, boy! | -巴克 -别跟我装熟 小子 |
[16:50] | You get the message I left you? | 收到我给你的留言了吗 |
[16:51] | Look, Buck. This is Mr. Sugar’s fight. | 巴克 这是苏格先生主办的比赛 |
[16:53] | – You should talk to him. – I did. | -你应该跟他谈 -我谈过了 |
[16:55] | My only way in that ring is if you were out. | 我能上那擂台的唯一途经就是你出局 |
[16:58] | I’m sorry. I’m staying put. | 对不起 我不会退出 |
[17:01] | – Hey, sucker, we ain’t through here. – Buck, Buck, back off. | -败类 我跟你没完 -巴克 巴克 退后 |
[17:03] | You want to start a donnybrook, start with me. | 你要是想聚众斗殴 就先跟我打 |
[17:09] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[17:12] | Hey, Sonny. | 索尼 |
[17:14] | You seen Jimmy the jeweler lately? | 你最近见过珠宝商吉米吗 |
[17:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[17:18] | Jerry purchased a fancy engagement ring. | 杰利买了一个很漂亮的订婚戒指 |
[17:21] | Seems to think he’s marrying Gina. | 看来他要和吉娜结婚 |
[17:23] | Bucky, give it a rest. | 巴基 别闹了 |
[17:25] | Maybe you fighting Mo ain’t such a bad thing. | 也许你跟莫打一场不是坏事 |
[17:27] | After he puts you in a coma, | 在他把你打晕之后 |
[17:29] | guess whose brawny shoulder’s gonna be there for Gina to cry on. | 你猜吉娜会靠在谁结实的肩膀上哭泣 |
[17:39] | So, Buck and Gina had history. | 巴克和吉娜有情史吗 |
[17:41] | – Sweethearts. – In high school? | -做过情侣 -高中时期吗 |
[17:43] | Elementary. | 小学 |
[17:44] | He’d been carrying a torch for her since the fifth grade. | 他从五年级起就暗恋她 |
[17:46] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[17:48] | Well, around here if you | 即使做完弥撒 |
[17:49] | don’t get the story on some kid after the mass? | 还不愿透露的秘密 |
[17:51] | You believe your butt you would at the bar. | 在酒吧也会吐露出来 |
[17:54] | So between losing both the fight and the girl to Jerry. | 所以要让杰利情场赛场都失利 |
[17:57] | Hmm, Buck was having a rough go. | 巴克心里不是滋味 |
[18:03] | Alright Scotty, I’ll see you then. | 好的 斯考特 到时见 |
[18:05] | Valens? | 瓦伦斯吗 |
[18:06] | – Yeah. – He alright? | -对 -他还好吗 |
[18:08] | We’er gonna grab some drinks. | 我们要去喝几杯 |
[18:09] | Good. Doing better than yesterday. | 好 比昨天好些了 |
[18:11] | You talked to him? | 你跟他谈过吗 |
[18:12] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:14] | Buck Lowson’s got a record. | 巴克·罗森有前科 |
[18:15] | Two days before the fight, | 比赛的前两天 |
[18:17] | Buck robbed a convenient store. | 巴克抢了一家便利店 |
[18:19] | This says he was arrested in ’78. Not ’76. | 卷宗上说他于78年被捕 而不是76年 |
[18:22] | It took that long to catch him. | 那么久才抓到他 |
[18:23] | How much did Buck get away with? | 巴克抢了多少 |
[18:25] | Two thousand and a thing of peanut butter. | 2000块和一瓶花生酱 |
[18:27] | And two whole years to spread it around. | 整整两年才挥霍完 |
[18:29] | Yeah. But maybe only took | 是的 但是也许 |
[18:30] | two days before he burned all 1,500 of it. | 他两天就花了1500块 |
[18:33] | Right. Fifteen hundred. Sonny’s asking price. | 对 1500块 索尼的要价 |
[18:42] | I don’t know what you’re talking about! | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[18:44] | Buck, I might even believe you if not for the timing, I mean. | 巴克 要不是这时间那么巧 我也许会相信你 |
[18:47] | You never stole anything else in your life. | 你这辈子从没偷过任何东西 |
[18:49] | That’s the god’s honest truth. | 那是一点不假 |
[18:50] | Nothing before that day or after. | 那天前后都没有过 |
[18:52] | But that day is the problem, Buck. | 但那天就是关键 巴克 |
[18:53] | Because it was two days before the fight. | 因为那正是开赛前两天 |
[18:55] | – How do you explain that? – I can’t. | -这你怎么解释 -没法解释 |
[18:58] | Start with the money. | 从钱开始说 |
[18:59] | What d’you do with it? | 你拿去做什么了 |
[19:01] | Buck, we know you wished Jerry ill. | 巴克 我们知道你不想杰利好过 |
[19:04] | And that you and Gina go way back. | 你和吉娜是老相识了 |
[19:09] | Let him call a lawyer. | 让他给律师打电话吧 |
[19:10] | I don’ want a lawyer. I can’t afford one. | 我不想找律师 我请不起 |
[19:12] | Fine. I’ll make sure you get a PD. | 好 我保证给你找个公设律师 |
[19:15] | If you’re lucky you might even get a good one. | 运气好的话 也许你能遇到个厉害的 |
[19:16] | You think a public defender’s gonna care about me? | 你觉得一个公设律师会在乎我吗 |
[19:19] | Alright, maybe not. But, Buck. | 也许不会 但是巴克 |
[19:20] | If you’re not gonna talk about the money, | 如果你不谈那笔钱 |
[19:21] | what are we supposed to do? | 我们能怎么办 |
[19:23] | Besides, if you’re so innocent, what are you hedging for? | 况且如果你是清白的 那你想隐瞒什么 |
[19:27] | Because I don’t wanna hurt her. | 我不想伤害她 |
[19:43] | Hey, Buck. | 巴克 |
[19:45] | – What are you doing here? – Well, what are you doing here? | -你怎么在这里 -那你呢 |
[19:47] | I’m waiting for Jerry. | 我在等杰利 |
[19:49] | He’s running, too. | 他也在跑步 |
[19:50] | Oh, so suddenly he’s humping early morning runs, huh? | 他突然开始苦练晨跑了吗 |
[19:53] | Priceless. | 真难得 |
[19:55] | Well, Buck. Here he is, so… | 巴克 他来了 所以… |
[19:58] | Relax. He ain’t gonna see us. Look. | 别紧张 他不会看见我们 瞧 |
[20:02] | Got his head in the clouds. | 他完全心不在焉 |
[20:04] | What a clown. | 简直是个小丑 |
[20:06] | He could run these steps like Rocky all day, it’s gonna mean zip. | 他就算像洛奇一样整天跑楼梯 也不会有用的 |
[20:08] | No. He’s been working real hard. | 不 他真的很努力 |
[20:19] | Gina, the fix is in. | 吉娜 比赛已经被内定了 |
[20:21] | What? | 什么 |
[20:22] | Mo’s taking a dive first round, Jerry’s gonna win. | 莫在第一回合就会倒下 杰利会赢 |
[20:27] | It won’t be a real fight? | 不会真打吗 |
[20:32] | That’ll hurt Jerry real bad. | 那样杰利会很伤心的 |
[20:34] | Hey, there’s nothing you can do about. | 这种事你控制不了 |
[20:36] | Except take advantage. | 除了跟着捞点好处 |
[20:37] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[20:39] | You know what the odds are | 你知道堵杰利 |
[20:40] | for Jerry winning in a first round knockout? | 在第一轮就获胜的赔率是多大吗 |
[20:42] | -What? – Twenty to one. | -多大 -20比1 |
[20:46] | That’s why I ain’t busting Balboa’s bubble just yet. | 因此我暂时不泼拳王冷水了 |
[20:49] | There’re some real dough to be made first. | 得先赚点钱 |
[21:16] | Gina couldn’t resist a sure thing. | 吉娜对稳赢的赌局没有抵抗力 |
[21:18] | She was a gambler? | 她好赌吗 |
[21:20] | I robbed that store so I could get her betting money. | 我抢那间店就是为了给她筹赌资 |
[21:23] | Did you tell her how you got it? | 你告诉她钱怎么来的了吗 |
[21:25] | No. I wanted to impress her. | 没有 我想让她佩服我 |
[21:26] | Not tell her I was scum. | 不想她知道我是人渣 |
[21:29] | Had it bad for her, huh, Buck? | 你太迷她了 是吧 巴克 |
[21:31] | My whole stupid life. | 我这辈子都傻傻地爱着她 |
[21:33] | So Gina acts all broken up for Jerry | 所以比赛将被作假 |
[21:35] | that the fight’s gonna be a fake. | 吉娜装作很伤心 |
[21:37] | But dries her eyes pretty quick. | 但她很快就擦干眼泪 |
[21:39] | And places her own bet on it. | 然后自己也下了注 |
[21:49] | Hey, boss. | 老大 |
[21:50] | – Can I talk to you for a minute. – Scotty, hey, sure. | -能跟你谈谈吗 -斯考特 当然 |
[21:54] | What happened in that interview was 100% the wrong way. | 我在问话时的行为完全是个错误 |
[21:58] | I mean, thumping on anybody. Doesn’t matter who. | 迁怒于人 不论是谁 |
[22:00] | You can’t do it. | 都不能这么做 |
[22:03] | Okay. | 是的 |
[22:04] | I assure you, it will not happen again. | 我向你保证不会再发生了 |
[22:08] | Well, that’s good Scotty ’cause it can’t. | 那就好 斯考特 下不为例 |
[22:13] | Anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[22:17] | Well, I was hoping the uh-, suspension could be lifted…early. | 我希望尽早复职 |
[22:22] | I didn’t suspend you Scotty. | 我没有停你的职 斯考特 |
[22:23] | I encouraged you to take time off. | 我希望你休息一下 |
[22:27] | I’d like you to encourage me to come back. | 我更希望你让我回来 |
[22:31] | How are you feeling? | 你现在感觉怎么样 |
[22:32] | Great. | 很好 |
[22:35] | Sorry, Scotty. I can’t do it. | 对不起 斯考特 我不能这么做 |
[22:36] | What do you mean? Why? | 什么意思 为什么 |
[22:39] | Well, I’ll ask you again. How are you feeling? | 我再问你一次 你现在感觉怎么样 |
[22:42] | I said fine. | 我说了很好 |
[22:44] | You’re not ready yet. | 你还没准备好 |
[22:46] | Boss… | 老大 |
[22:47] | How do you feel, Scotty? | 你到底感觉怎么样 斯考特 |
[23:00] | Not…not that good. | 不太好 |
[23:07] | Come next week. | 下周回来 |
[23:09] | We’ll get you back on the job. | 下周回来工作 |
[23:19] | I thought Jerry was your big love of your life, Gina. | 我以为杰利是你的至爱 吉娜 |
[23:22] | He was. | 没错 |
[23:23] | So why let him go ahead with the fight you knew was rigged. | 那为什么明知内定了胜负 你还让他参赛 |
[23:26] | ‘Cause you had money on that fight. | 因为你在那场比赛下了注 |
[23:29] | Yeah, I did. | 是的 |
[23:31] | You took the dough from Buck | 你从巴克那里拿了钱 |
[23:33] | and the twenty to one odds that came with it. | 转手能翻20倍 |
[23:35] | Thirty to one, by the time I placed my bet. | 我下注的时候赔率是30比1 |
[23:37] | Hmm, couldn’t resist it, huh? | 难以抗拒吧 |
[23:40] | Have a bit of a problem. | 的确不容易 |
[23:42] | So all that talk about Jerry’s big heart, | 说什么杰利意志坚定 |
[23:45] | and how there’s no stopping him. | 说什么他勤奋上进 |
[23:47] | Just words? | 只是说说而已 |
[23:48] | No! | 不 |
[23:50] | But why should all the other | 凭什么别人都能 |
[23:51] | shlubs make money off of Jerry and not us? | 从杰利身上赚钱 而我们不能 |
[23:53] | So you did it for the both of you? | 你这么做是为了你们俩吗 |
[23:55] | – Yeah. – Why are we gonna believe you? | -是的 -我们凭什么相信你 |
[23:57] | Because I did tell Jerry and it cost me. | 因为我告诉了杰利 并且付出了代价 |
[24:02] | – Nervous about tomorrow? – No. | -对明天感到紧张吗 -没 |
[24:05] | No? | 没吗 |
[24:07] | Well, not like tonight. | 没今晚紧张 |
[24:10] | What’s so big about tonight? | 今晚有什么好紧张的 |
[24:31] | Well, what do you say? | 你怎么说 |
[24:37] | Jerry… | 杰利 |
[24:44] | Mo’s gonna fall down on the first round. | 莫会在第一回合就倒下 |
[24:47] | You’re gonna win. | 你会赢 |
[24:49] | What? | 什么 |
[24:51] | Are you joking me or not? | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[24:54] | We’re gonna make some money. | 我们能赚一笔钱 |
[25:03] | Are you saying you put a bet down? | 你是说你下注了吗 |
[25:05] | Baby… | 亲爱的 |
[25:06] | Just go along with it. | 将计就计吧 |
[25:08] | There’s nothing that you can do. | 你控制不了的 |
[25:11] | It’s all set, huh? | 都安排好了 |
[25:12] | Jerry, this is our chance. | 杰利 这是我们的机会 |
[25:15] | We can get out of this stinking neighborhood. | 我们能离开这个破地方 |
[25:17] | What, by being a bum? | 什么 所以要做个孬种吗 |
[25:19] | That’s exactly what I’m trying not to be. | 这正是我尽力要摆脱的形象 |
[25:22] | – I thought you believed in what I was doing. – Jerry, | -我还以为你对我有信心 -杰利 |
[25:26] | we’re stuck. And when we are fifty we will still be stuck. | 我们现在是穷鬼 等我们50岁了也还是穷鬼 |
[25:30] | We’re not gonna get a break like this again. | 我们不会再有这样的机会了 |
[25:32] | We’ll make our own breaks. | 机会要靠自己创造 |
[25:36] | You really believe that? | 你真这么想吗 |
[25:37] | That’s why I want this fight. | 这就是我想参加这场比赛的原因 |
[25:39] | To prove it. | 去证明这点 |
[25:57] | I guess I should take that back. | 这个我还是拿回来吧 |
[26:08] | We see it all so different now. | 我们价值观相差太大了 |
[26:20] | Hmm, short engagement. | 短暂的订婚 |
[26:24] | To make matters worse, | 更糟的是 |
[26:24] | I had to go talk Frank Shavers what I’d done. | 我必须去告诉弗兰克·夏弗斯我做了什么 |
[26:27] | Who’s Shavers? | 谁是夏弗斯 |
[26:28] | From the old neighbohood I worked in his bingo parlor. | 以前的老邻居 我在他的赌博店里工作过 |
[26:31] | If anyone had a bet on this fix, it was him. | 如果有人要内定一场比赛 那肯定是他 |
[26:34] | So you told him that Jerry knew about it. | 所以你告诉他杰利知道了 |
[26:35] | And to take his bet back before it was too late. | 要趁早收回在他身上下的注 |
[26:38] | What did he say? | 他怎么说 |
[26:40] | There is no taking bets back. | 赌注收不回了 |
[26:48] | So, Frank. You’ve been big money on this fix, | 弗兰克 这场内定的比赛你下注不少 |
[26:50] | then Gina opens up her mouth to Jerry. | 然后吉娜向杰利透了口风 |
[26:52] | I wasn’t pleased. | 我很不高兴 |
[26:54] | So did you retaliate? | 那你报复他了吗 |
[26:55] | How would I have done that? | 我怎么报复 |
[26:57] | How about paying the referee 1,500 bucks to not stop the fight. | 比如说付1500块收买裁判不要停止比赛 |
[27:00] | No matter how bad off Jerry was. | 不管杰利伤的多重都不要停 |
[27:02] | Getting me what? | 我有什么好处 |
[27:04] | Jerry ends up maimed or dead, | 杰利最后残了或死了 |
[27:06] | The boxing world gets the message: | 拳击界会认为 |
[27:09] | Don’t mess with Frank Shavers. | 别招惹弗兰克·夏弗斯 |
[27:11] | Ha, ha, ha. I’m not a thug, I’m a businessman. | 我不是黑社会 我是生意人 |
[27:14] | And it was a bad day at the office. | 办公室那天真是一团乱 |
[27:16] | So you never tampered with Sonny? | 那你根本没收买索尼吗 |
[27:18] | I never suspected anyone had. Utill now. | 我现在才知道能收买他 |
[27:23] | We’re listening. | 接着说 |
[27:25] | Jerry lasted fifteen rounds. | 杰利撑了15回合 |
[27:28] | That’s incredible, really. | 真的难以置信 |
[27:29] | But what’s more incredible is, | 但更难以置信的是 |
[27:32] | only one person bet on Jerry to do just said. | 只有一个人赌杰利会这样 |
[27:37] | There you go Frank. | 给你 弗兰克 |
[27:49] | It finally hit ya, huh? | 终于还是泄气了吧 |
[27:50] | What’s that? | 你指什么 |
[27:53] | Three years from now, | 三年内 |
[27:54] | Mo Bell may be heavyweight champion of the world. | 莫·贝尔会是世界重量级冠军 |
[27:57] | That’s what you’re tangling with. | 这正是你在发愁的事 |
[28:09] | There’s no shame in knowing when to walk away. | 知难而退并不可耻 |
[28:14] | No? | 为什么 |
[28:15] | It’s the same in respect to Gina. | 对于吉娜也是 |
[28:18] | Return the ring Jerry. | 退掉戒指 杰利 |
[28:20] | Let my daughter be. | 别招惹我女儿 |
[28:25] | Drink in the night before the fight. | 比赛前夜还喝酒 |
[28:28] | Put it down. | 放下 |
[28:37] | Every reflex has to be right, your mind clear. | 要招招制胜 你要保持清醒 |
[28:40] | Father, it don’t matter anymore. | 神父 这不重要了 |
[28:41] | – What are you, freezing up? – No! | -你这是怎么了 打退堂鼓吗 -没有 |
[28:43] | Well then, fight! | 那就去战斗 |
[28:45] | Then you’ll have tomorrow night for the rest of your life! | 明晚将是你今后成功的开端 |
[28:50] | – You really think I can do it, father? – Son. | -你真的看好我吗 神父 -孩子 |
[28:54] | I got money on ya. | 我在你身上下了注 |
[28:55] | You too, father? | 你也下注了 神父 |
[28:58] | You bet on the fight? | 你在比赛上下注了 |
[28:59] | Now I need you in that ring. | 现在我要你站上擂台 |
[29:02] | – Father… – Son. | -神父 -孩子 |
[29:04] | I’ve raised you from a pup. | 我将你从小养大 |
[29:07] | If you won’t do it for yourself, do it for me. | 如果你不为自己战斗 那就当是为我 |
[29:18] | So, father needs Jerry to go the distance. | 神父需要杰利坚持到底 |
[29:20] | That night, seized Jerry’s wobbly. | 那晚稳住了杰利动摇的心 |
[29:23] | I didn’t stick around but, | 我没久留 |
[29:25] | Father was huddled up with Sonny when I left. | 但我走时神父还跟索尼凑在一起 |
[29:29] | Maybe father bought some insurance from him. | 也许神父给自己的赌注上了保险 |
[29:31] | Made sure his ‘pup’ got to the finish line. | 保证他的孩子能坚持到底 |
[29:37] | Putting money on Jerry not to win, | 不赌杰利赢 |
[29:39] | but to make it fifteen rounds? | 而是赌他能撑15回合 |
[29:41] | That’s a pretty specific bet, father. | 真是个特别的赌注 神父 |
[29:43] | That’s because Jerry set that goal for himself. | 那是因为杰利给自己定下这样的目标 |
[29:45] | I thought he could make it. | 我认为他能做到 |
[29:46] | And your winnings must’ve been sweet. | 你一定赢了很多钱 |
[29:48] | I’ve threw in the towel for Pete’s sake. | 是我扔了毛巾进去 |
[29:50] | Yeah. With twenty seconds remaining. | 临近尾声的时候才退出 |
[29:53] | Because of what I saw in his eyes. Jerry always looked bad. | 因为我看到他的眼神 杰利一直浑浑噩噩 |
[29:55] | But this time I could see he was cooked. | 但这次我看得出他不行了 |
[29:57] | Or maybe throwing that towel was just an act. Huh, father? | 也许扔毛巾是你在做样子 神父 |
[30:02] | Look. I can’t force you two to believe me. | 我不能逼你们相信我 |
[30:06] | Did you know the fight was fixed? | 你知道比赛被内定了吗 |
[30:08] | Fixed? | 内定 |
[30:09] | Mo made a deal to let Jerry to win in the first round. | 莫被收买了 要第一回合就让杰利赢 |
[30:12] | And Jerry knew about it. | 杰利也知道了 |
[30:14] | No kidding? | 真的吗 |
[30:15] | But didn’t wanna go along with it. | 但他不愿意这么做 |
[30:17] | I wouldn’t think he would. | 我也认为他不会这么做 |
[30:20] | And if so, that explains why… | 如果是这样的话 就能解释为什么 |
[30:22] | Why what? | 解释什么 |
[30:23] | That’s why round one. | 第一回合的状况 |
[30:38] | He’s been standing around for two minutes! | 他两分钟都没出手 |
[30:40] | – What the hell’s going in out there? – C’mon! C’mon! | -他妈的这么回事 -打啊 打啊 |
[30:44] | C’mon, hit me! | 来啊 打我啊 |
[30:45] | Oh, wonderful. The boo birds. | 太好了 喝倒彩 |
[30:48] | C’mon, throw him a punch. | 打啊 给他一拳 |
[30:50] | C’mon! | 打啊 |
[30:50] | Show me something, chump! | 快动手啊 呆瓜 |
[30:52] | – You know what, Mo… – Don’t talk! C’mon. | -你知道吗 莫 -别说话 打啊 |
[30:56] | C’mon! | 打啊 |
[30:58] | Stop it, now! | 停手 马上 |
[31:00] | Well, you’re gonna fight me now, Mo! | 你现在得跟我打了 莫 |
[31:04] | – What are you doing? – Give me water. | -你在做什么 -给我水 |
[31:06] | What is your mind mush? | 你脑子里在想什么 |
[31:08] | Want water? I’ll give you your damn water, huh? Huh? | 想要水 我给你水 |
[31:12] | You’ve got the rest of your life to make eyes at that girl. | 你下半辈子都能对着那姑娘 |
[31:14] | – That’s not happening. – What are you talking about? | -已经不可能了 -你在说什么 |
[31:16] | I took the ring back. | 我退了戒指 |
[31:17] | Alright, fine. Come here. | 好吧 过来 |
[31:19] | Get up. | 起来 |
[31:20] | You, wake up! | 你 醒醒 |
[31:21] | Okay, You get it on with this guy! | 好 跟他好好打一场 |
[31:23] | – Get in there. – Now you want a fight, huh, father. | -回场上去 -你想我去战斗吗 神父 |
[31:25] | Well, take a look! ‘Cause we got one. | 好好看着 我们要打了 |
[31:34] | So in the entire first round Jerry never threw a punch. | 整个第一回合杰利没出一拳 |
[31:37] | Making it impossible for Mo to fake a Knock-out. | 使莫完全没有机会假装被打倒 |
[31:41] | I told Jerry I put some money on him but, | 我是告诉杰利我在他身上下了注 但是 |
[31:44] | He must have thought I’d taken this other bet. | 他肯定认为我也在另一边下了注 |
[31:47] | The fix. | 内定 |
[31:50] | That poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[31:54] | In the end he must have thought even I didn’t believe in him. | 最后他肯定认为连我都不相信他 |
[32:08] | Hey. My man. | 兄弟 |
[32:10] | Where’ve you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[32:12] | Ah, per usual long day. | 天天老样子 |
[32:15] | Well, you’re here now. We’re celebrating. | 既然你来了 我们庆祝一下 |
[32:17] | We got a cause or are we better without? | 有喜事吗 还是我们直接干了 |
[32:20] | I’m back on the job next week. | 我下周回来工作 |
[32:22] | No kidding? Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[32:24] | – Way to go. – It’s good right? | -加油 -不错吧 |
[32:25] | Tops. | 再好不过 |
[32:26] | Tops, brother. Tops. | 再好不过 兄弟 再好不过 |
[32:30] | What? | 怎么 |
[32:31] | Just that simple? | 就这么简单 |
[32:32] | Be simpler if I could get a roll in here. | 要是我能在这里打个滚就更简单了 |
[32:36] | Yo, Christina. | 喂 克里斯蒂娜 |
[32:40] | I’ll go again, and get Nicky, too. | 给我再来一杯 给尼基也来一杯 |
[32:43] | How you doin’? | 你好吗 |
[32:44] | Good. | 不错 |
[32:45] | Didn’t know you worked here. | 我不知道你在这里工作 |
[32:46] | Yeah, it’s fun for now. | 目前还挺有意思 |
[32:48] | Although I find some of the guys who come in here | 尽管我发现来这里的一些家伙 |
[32:51] | are sort of…half ass. | 都有点混蛋 |
[32:53] | No kidding. | 说真的 |
[32:54] | Half ass, huh? | 有点混蛋吗 |
[32:56] | Uh, but that was before you two came in. | 你俩一来就改观了 |
[33:01] | Perfect. | 好极了 |
[33:02] | I got it. | 我懂了 |
[33:04] | Thank you, kind sir. | 谢谢你 好心的先生 |
[33:13] | You know, taking it back a sec… | 话说回来 |
[33:15] | You’re telling me how happy I’m back. | 你告诉我回来了有多开心 |
[33:18] | Not asking how I’m doing. | 而没有问我感觉怎么样 |
[33:21] | Thanks for that. | 谢谢 |
[33:26] | When the hard stuff happens, | 遇到难事时 |
[33:28] | I say walk it off anyway you can. Whatever. | 最好是尽可能地忘记它 想方设法 |
[33:32] | You’re the goods, Nicky. | 你真不错 尼基 |
[33:36] | But what you can’t do? | 但你唯独不能做的 |
[33:39] | Is Rush’s sister. You know what I mean? | 就是搞拉什的妹妹 你懂我的意思吗 |
[33:44] | Oh, what do you think? What are you talking about? | 你想什么呢 你到底什么意思 |
[33:47] | Hey, Scotty. | 斯考特 |
[33:49] | Serious. | 说真的 |
[33:50] | Anyone but that, right? | 除了她 谁都行 |
[34:17] | Mo said Jerry kept yelling he took the ring back. | 莫说杰利一直嚷着”重返擂台”[退了戒指] |
[34:20] | Thinking he was talking about the boxing ring. | 以为他是说擂台 |
[34:22] | But now we think Jerry | 但现在我们认为杰利 |
[34:24] | meant the engagement ring he bought for Gina. | 指的是他买给吉娜的订婚戒指 |
[34:26] | From Jimmy the jeweler. | 从珠宝商吉米那里买的 |
[34:28] | Jimmy still in business? | 吉米还在做生意吗 |
[34:29] | in the day of the fight Jerry took the ring in | 比赛那天 杰利带着戒指去找他 |
[34:31] | and asked for the money back. | 要求退钱 |
[34:32] | Well, how much was it worth? | 戒指多少钱 |
[34:34] | Eighteen hundred. | 1800块 |
[34:35] | But Jimmy wouldn’t give him that. | 但吉米不肯给他那么多 |
[34:36] | He said that the ring had | 他说戒指 |
[34:37] | depreciated over three days he’d had it. | 卖出三天已经贬值了 |
[34:39] | So what did Jerry get for? | 那杰利拿到多少钱 |
[34:41] | Fifteen hundred. | 1500块 |
[34:42] | Even. | 刚刚好 |
[34:50] | We know who paid off Sonny, Mo. | 我们知道谁收买了索尼 莫 |
[34:52] | Oh yeah? | 是吗 |
[34:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:55] | Jerry. | 是杰利 |
[34:58] | Now, how does that make sense? | 这怎么说得通 |
[35:01] | Jerry knew you would open up his face bad. | 杰利知道你会把他揍得头破血流 |
[35:03] | And the way he bleeds, he figures the ref’ll T.K.O. him. | 如果受伤那么重 他知道裁判肯定会判技术性击倒 |
[35:07] | It did pour out, sure enough. | 那是肯定的 |
[35:10] | He wanted to prove he’d do the whole fifteen with you. | 他想证明能跟你对抗15回合 |
[35:14] | Yeah, it sounds like old Jerry. | 像是杰利的作风 |
[35:16] | Mo, could some of the things he’d be saying | 莫 在比赛过程中他有没有 |
[35:18] | during the fight have been meant for Sonny, | 说一些话是针对裁判 |
[35:20] | and not you? | 而不是你的 |
[35:21] | Yeah, didn’t make sense coming my way. | 有 我怎么也想不通 |
[35:24] | I’ll tell you what else. | 除此之外 |
[35:26] | I’ve never seen a guy change so much over the course of a fight. | 我从没见过谁在一场比赛之内转变这么大 |
[35:29] | You mean Jerry? | 你是指杰利吗 |
[35:30] | No, I meant Sonny. | 不 我是指索尼 |
[35:32] | Before the fight he had no ounce of respect for that Jerry. | 比赛之前 他对杰利没有半点尊重 |
[35:36] | But by he end? | 但是结束时呢 |
[35:37] | Brother had tears in his eyes. | 这位大哥满眼是泪 |
[35:56] | Jerry, I gotta call it. | 杰利 我要倒数了 |
[35:59] | No. | 不 |
[36:00] | You can’t. The deal was a deal. | 你不能倒数 说好的 |
[36:11] | Attaboy, Jerry! Attaboy! C’mon, now! | 好样的 杰利 好样的 来啊 |
[36:13] | You’re my great white hope! Attaboy! | 我全指望你了 好样的 |
[36:24] | I gotta call it Jerry! | 我要倒数了 杰利 |
[36:25] | I didn’t like you wanted. Please don’t take from me this… | 你不要这样 别夺走我的机会 |
[36:28] | Please. | 拜托 |
[36:45] | That’s it! That’s it! | 够了 够了 |
[36:46] | Stop it! No more! | 停手 别打了 |
[36:48] | No, I took the ring back! | 不 我退了戒指 |
[36:49] | – No more, Jerry. – I took the ring back! | -别打了 杰利 -我退了戒指 |
[36:51] | You gotta stop! Please! | 停下吧 求你了 |
[36:53] | A deal’s a deal. I took the ring back! | 交易就是交易 我退了戒指 |
[36:58] | Let’s go. | 继续 |
[37:15] | Hang on, kid. Hang on, kid. | 挺住 孩子 挺住 孩子 |
[37:22] | Hang on, Jerry. | 挺住 杰利 |
[37:40] | – I’m not a bum. – I know Jerry. | -我不是孬种 -我知道 杰利 |
[37:42] | I’m not a bum! | 我不是孬种 |
[37:44] | Hell no, kid. | 当然不是 孩子 |
[37:48] | Doctor! | 医生 |
[37:49] | Call the doctor! | 快叫医生 |
[38:02] | 歌曲:”Baby I Love Your Way” 歌手:Peter Frampton |