时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Joan Collins is not a man in drag. | 琼·科林斯绝对不是变装癖 |
[00:10] | – How do you know? – You believe everything you hear. | -你怎么知道 -你听到什么都信 |
[00:12] | I do not. | 我才没有 |
[00:13] | What don’t you believe? | 你哪次没信 |
[00:14] | I don’t believe pop rocks and coke makes your stomach explode. | 跳跳糖和可乐混着吃会让胃爆掉我就不信 |
[00:18] | I don’t believe Rock Hudson has liver cancer. | 我也不信洛克·哈德森得了肝癌 |
[00:21] | Face it, honey. | 得了吧 亲爱的 |
[00:21] | You’re gullible. | 你就是好骗 |
[00:23] | And a conspiracy nut. | 痴迷于阴谋论 |
[00:25] | Sticks and stones. | 随你怎么说 |
[00:29] | Who killed Kennedy? | 谁杀了肯尼迪 |
[00:32] | Lyndon Johnson and Fidel Castro. | 林登·约翰逊和菲德尔·卡斯特罗 |
[00:32] | 林顿·约翰逊:美国第36任总统 菲德尔·卡斯特罗:古巴领导人 | |
[00:37] | Oh, and Jimmy Collins. | 还有吉米·科林斯 |
[00:39] | He was the ringleader. | 他就是幕后主使 |
[00:44] | What? | 怎么了 |
[00:47] | – No, no, don’t come here. – Artie, I’m coming there. | -别过来 -阿蒂 让我看看 |
[00:51] | What is it, honey? | 亲爱的 到底怎么了 |
[00:55] | I got it. | 我得病了 |
[01:43] | 1983年4月 杰弗里·肯 | |
[01:58] | Detective Rush? | 拉什探员 |
[02:00] | I’m Artie Russo, I called. | 我是阿蒂·罗素 之前打过电话 |
[02:02] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[02:04] | Scotty. Artie Russo. | 史考特 他就是阿蒂·罗素 |
[02:10] | I’m an AIDS survivor. | 我是个艾滋幸存者 |
[02:12] | I was supposed to be dead twenty years ago. | 20多年前就该死了 |
[02:15] | Lucky, huh? | 挺幸运啊 |
[02:16] | I got into an early drug trial. | 我参加了一个早期的临床药物治疗 |
[02:18] | I was diagnosed in 1983, given six months. | 1983年诊断出的 已经感染6个月 |
[02:22] | Instead my partner Jeff was dead in six months. | 我男友杰夫6个月后就死了 |
[02:26] | From AIDS? | 因为艾滋 |
[02:27] | Murdered in Rittenhouse Square. Strangled. | 谋杀 在利顿豪斯广场被勒死的 |
[02:30] | Was there any suspects? | 当时有嫌犯吗 |
[02:31] | Yeah. Me. | 有 就是我 |
[02:34] | What was the theory? | 怎么推测的 |
[02:35] | That I killed the love of my life out of rage, | 他传染给我艾滋 |
[02:37] | because he gave me AIDS. | 我一气之下把他杀了 |
[02:38] | Did he? | 是他传染的吗 |
[02:40] | No one knows. In ’83, there was no test for it. | 不知道 83年那会儿还没有检测方法 |
[02:42] | You found out you had it by getting sick. | 出现症状才知道已经感染了 |
[02:44] | And Jeff never did? | 杰夫没有症状吗 |
[02:46] | No. | 没有 |
[02:47] | The strange thing is, I accepted my death coming. | 说来奇怪 当时我都坦然面对死亡了 |
[02:51] | It was Jeff who was in a rage. | 杰夫却很急躁 |
[02:53] | Over what? | 因为什么 |
[02:55] | The dying of the light, as he put it. | 用他的话说叫”绝望步步逼近” |
[02:58] | He rage against anything besides the light? | 他还为别的事暴躁吗 |
[03:01] | The government, doctors, the gay community, | 政府 医生 同志团体 |
[03:04] | the newspapers, the president. | 报纸 总统 |
[03:06] | – It’s a long list. – And twenty years is a long time. | -还真多 -20年也够长的 |
[03:10] | What brings you in now? | 你为什么现在才来 |
[03:11] | I’m getting married to my partner of ten years. | 我要跟相处10年的男友结婚了 |
[03:15] | But before I do, | 结婚之前 |
[03:18] | I wanna put an end to any doubt that I loved Jeff. | 我想证明我的确爱过杰夫 |
[03:22] | You want us to reopen a cold job for your wedding? | 你想我们为你婚礼重开悬案 |
[03:25] | It’d be a nice gift. | 这礼物会很不错 |
[03:27] | This ain’t Pottery Barn. | 警局不是礼品店 |
[03:30] | The gift I want is justice. | 我只是想讨个公道 |
[03:33] | We’ll read the job again. | 我们会再翻看这宗案子 |
[03:34] | Maybe we’ll beat the odds. | 说不准能有所发现 |
[03:37] | Like you did. | 像你一样幸运 |
[03:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:12] | When’d you first hear? | 你最早什么时候听说的 |
[04:14] | About AIDS? | 艾滋 |
[04:16] | I guess high school. | 大概是高中 |
[04:18] | I got the talk from a nun at Saint Francis. | 我在圣弗朗西斯教堂听一个修女讲的 |
[04:20] | That’s something you don’t forget. | 这种事一听就忘不了 |
[04:24] | Here it is. | 在这里 |
[04:25] | Kern, Jeffrey. | 肯 杰弗里 |
[04:27] | When Brother Donely died of it, it really hit home. | 唐力兄弟死于艾滋的时候可是轰动一时 |
[04:32] | Jeff was 25 in 1983. | 1983年 杰夫才25岁 |
[04:35] | Unlucky timing for gay men. | 那时候的同性恋不好混啊 |
[04:37] | No warning what was out there. | 没人教他们得注意什么 |
[04:39] | Take it upstairs. | 拿上楼吧 |
[04:46] | They put the rock, strangled. | 现场有石头 他是被勒死的 |
[04:48] | From the front, bare hands. | 从正面徒手作案 |
[04:50] | Sounds personal. | 像是有过节 |
[04:51] | No robbery, either. | 也没有被抢的迹象 |
[04:52] | Lab didn’t get much blood to test. | 实验室竟然没取血样化验 |
[04:54] | Maybe they were scared to collect it. | 可能是怕被感染 |
[04:56] | The guys on the scene knew he was gay? | 现场人员怎么知道他是同志 |
[04:57] | Earring in his right ear. | 他右耳带了耳钉 |
[04:59] | Not a lot of unknowns about AIDS in ’83. | 83年关于艾滋的认识还是太浅 |
[05:00] | Nick is probably right. | 应该就是尼克说的那样 |
[05:01] | All we have are a few blood stains on Jeff’s shirt. | 现在只有杰夫衣服上的一点血迹 |
[05:04] | Never analyzed. | 也没被化验过 |
[05:05] | Lab would have to deal with it now if your victim fought back. | 有人为死者讨回公道 实验室也只好做了 |
[05:08] | Might be the killer’s blood. | 这也可能是凶手的血迹 |
[05:09] | Anything else to go on? | 还有别的线索吗 |
[05:11] | You ever hear the Benjamin Kern Foundation? | 你们听说过本杰明·肯基金会吗 |
[05:13] | I heard the current building. | 我知道现在那座大楼 |
[05:14] | Cool, big fountain up front. | 挺棒的 前面有个大喷泉 |
[05:16] | This is Jeffrey Kern. | 这个是杰弗里·肯 |
[05:18] | The victim’s rich. | 死者很有钱 |
[05:20] | Might be significant. | 可能还是名人 |
[05:21] | Who stood to gain from Jeff dying? | 杰夫死了对谁有利 |
[05:23] | He got any sibling, Scotty? | 史考特 他有兄弟姐妹吗 |
[05:24] | Yeah, a brother. | 有一个哥哥 |
[05:26] | Well, you got that, and you got the blood. | 那目前有两个线索 衣服上的血样和他哥哥 |
[05:29] | So where’s that cool building? | 那座很棒的大楼在哪里 |
[05:32] | Is your dad able to join us? | 你父亲方便来见我们吗 |
[05:34] | He’s able but unwilling. | 他方便 但他不愿来 |
[05:37] | Lotta art. | 艺术品真不少 |
[05:38] | Beats our wanted posters. | 比我们的通缉令好看多了 |
[05:40] | I’d like a wanted poster. | 我宁愿看通缉令 |
[05:41] | With my brother’s killer on it. | 上面印着杀害我弟弟的凶手 |
[05:44] | Never bought Artie is the doer? | 你不认为是阿蒂杀的他 |
[05:46] | No. | 对 |
[05:48] | And I don’t think the cops knocked themselves out | 我还认为警察没在用心办案 |
[05:50] | trying to find the killer of this low status gay kid. | 帮这个没名没势的同性恋孩子找凶手 |
[05:53] | His family was high status. | 他家并非没名没势 |
[05:55] | Fear of AIDS trumped everything in ’83. | 83年 大家对艾滋的恐惧胜过一切 |
[05:57] | The paramedics left Jeff’s body in the rain for 3 hours, | 杰夫的尸体在雨里淋了3个小时 |
[06:01] | cuz they didn’t wanna touch him. | 就因为医护人员不愿碰他 |
[06:02] | Jeff being from this flush | 杰夫家境这么富有 |
[06:04] | family kinda makes us look at money as motive. | 让我们以为凶手是谋财害命 |
[06:06] | He didn’t have any money. | 他根本没钱 |
[06:08] | My dad disinherited him a year before he died. | 我爸在杰夫死前一年就剥夺了他的继承权 |
[06:10] | Because he was gay? | 因为他是同性恋 |
[06:12] | Dad couldn’t accept it. | 父亲无法接受 |
[06:14] | So, Jeff being cut off, then dying | 这么说 家里不给杰夫钱 直到他死 |
[06:16] | left you sole heir of the family fortune. | 你成了全部财产的继承人 |
[06:18] | I didn’t profit from his death. | 他的死对我没有任何好处 |
[06:20] | His half of all that money… | 他那半遗产 |
[06:21] | Goes to three charities. | 捐给了3个慈善机构 |
[06:23] | I convinced my dad to do that much. | 还是我劝父亲这样做的 |
[06:26] | You were close to your brother? | 你和你弟弟关系好吗 |
[06:27] | He made me crazy, | 他让我很头疼 |
[06:29] | but he was the kind of guy you just love anyway. | 但无论他做错什么 都很难让人生气 |
[06:33] | My dad adored him too. | 父亲也对他宠爱有加 |
[06:35] | But their relationship ended at my engagement party. | 但在我订婚宴会上 他们彻底决裂了 |
[06:41] | – You came. – I wouldn’t miss it. | -你来了 -我怎么能错过你的订婚宴 |
[06:44] | You’re brave. | 你真勇敢 |
[06:49] | Look who’s here. | 看看谁来了 |
[06:50] | I’m so glad. | 你能来我真高兴 |
[06:52] | Congratulations, Ann. | 恭喜你 安 |
[06:54] | – Where is he? – Walking over here. | -爸爸呢 -在那边 |
[07:04] | Do you have to do this, Jeffrey? | 你一定要惹我生气吗 杰弗里 |
[07:05] | There is the perfect Kern manners. | 这就是我们家待客之道吗 |
[07:07] | Are you making some kind of a point? | 你是要跟我示威吗 |
[07:08] | I’m attending a family event with Artie who’s part of my family. | 我只是跟我的爱人阿蒂来参加家庭聚会 |
[07:12] | Nice to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到您 |
[07:14] | If you wanna flaunt your life style, | 你要是想炫耀你的生活方式 |
[07:16] | there’s a time, a place. | 挑个合适的时间和地点 |
[07:18] | When, where? | 什么时候 在哪里 |
[07:19] | Not at Paul’s party. | 别在保罗的大喜之日 |
[07:20] | We don’t mind. | 我们不介意 |
[07:24] | I don’t want this for you. | 你最好别这么做 |
[07:27] | If Artie can’t stay, I can’t either. | 如果阿蒂不能留在这里 那我也走 |
[07:40] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你们 |
[07:41] | I know you’ll have a happy life. | 你们一定会很幸福 |
[07:54] | After that, my dad acted like he only had one son. | 从那以后 我爸就当他只有一个儿子 |
[07:57] | So what’d Jeff do for money? | 那杰夫靠什么养活自己 |
[07:59] | Worked as a towel boy at a bath house. | 在澡堂给人递毛巾 |
[08:02] | To really stick it to dad. | 特意做给父亲看 |
[08:03] | – Didn’t last too long though. – What happened? | -但没维持很久 -出了什么事 |
[08:05] | There was some trouble there. | 后来那里出了点问题 |
[08:07] | I never knew the whole story. | 我一直不知道整个经过 |
[08:09] | Would Artie know the details? | 阿蒂知道其中的细节吗 |
[08:10] | Yeah, probably. | 可能知道 |
[08:14] | Jeff was supposed to be passing out towels in that place. | 杰夫的职责是在那里发毛巾 |
[08:17] | Instead he was posting warning signs. | 但他在那里到处贴警告标语 |
[08:20] | About AIDS? | 关于艾滋 |
[08:21] | That must’ve gotten over big with the owner. | 那岂不是跟老板过不去 |
[08:24] | Artie, they need an answer. | 阿蒂 他们现在就要个答复 |
[08:26] | The white chair covers or the light blue? | 椅套要白色还是浅蓝 |
[08:28] | Uh, this is Russ. | 他是拉斯 |
[08:30] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[08:33] | White goes with a wedding. | 白色比较适合婚礼 |
[08:37] | I like white too. | 我也觉得白色不错 |
[08:41] | So was Jeff trying to shut this bath house down? | 这么说杰夫想让这家澡堂子倒闭 |
[08:44] | Basically. | 可以算是 |
[08:45] | Did he have any success? | 有用吗 |
[08:46] | The fire was pretty effective. | 大火挺有用的 |
[08:48] | He burned the place? | 他把那个地方烧了 |
[08:50] | He never admitted it, but… | 他不承认 但是… |
[09:01] | – You could’ve killed people. – You’re killing people. | -你会害死人的 -你才在杀人 |
[09:03] | This place is a hot bed of disease. | 这个地方简直就是疾病的温床 |
[09:04] | No one knows how it’s spread. | 谁知道疾病是怎么扩散的 |
[09:06] | Whoever set this fire did a public service. | 不管谁放火 都是在做好事 |
[09:08] | Whoever. I like that, whoever. | 不管谁 你可真会说 |
[09:10] | – Jeff, what’s going on? – This is my boss, Barney. | -杰夫 怎么回事 -这是我的老板巴尼 |
[09:13] | who has no conscience. | 一个没良心的家伙 |
[09:14] | Let’s go home, calm down. | 回家吧 冷静点 |
[09:15] | Jeff. | 杰夫 |
[09:16] | – How we gonna take care of this, huh? – I didn’t do anything. | -你要怎么收拾这残局 -我什么都没做 |
[09:19] | – I’ll have you locked up. – Let’s be reasonable. | -我要把你送进监狱 -你别不讲理 |
[09:21] | Reasonable is you reaching into your dad’s | 讲理的做法就是管你老爹要钱 |
[09:23] | deep pockets and compensating me. | 然后赔给我 |
[09:25] | I don’t have a dad anymore. | 我跟我爸早就断绝关系了 |
[09:28] | – You seem rational. – I am. | -你看着很理性 -是的 |
[09:30] | Why don’t you talk to your lunatic boyfriend | 那为什么不劝劝你的疯子男友 |
[09:32] | and stop him or I will. | 赶紧阻止他 不然就我来 |
[09:38] | You ever see Barney again after that? | 你之后再没见过巴尼 |
[09:41] | I only hoped he was content with just firing Jeff, | 我希望他把杰夫炒了就能消气 |
[09:44] | cuz there wasn’t any money to give him. | 因为我们实在没钱给他 |
[09:46] | You float the Barney theory with detectives in ’83? | 你那时跟探员说巴尼可能有嫌疑 |
[09:49] | Gave’em his name, never heard back. | 说过他的名字 然后就没下文了 |
[09:56] | It was a terrible time, terrible. | 那段时间很糟 惨不忍睹 |
[09:59] | Okay, but through all the terribleness, | 但那么可怕的时期 |
[10:02] | you were raking it in. | 你却大赚了一笔 |
[10:03] | Bath houses were hot in the ’80’s. | 那澡堂子在80年代非常火 |
[10:06] | No one knew what was coming down the pike. | 没人知道在那个年代会发生什么 |
[10:08] | And you made a couple mil a year. | 而你却一年净赚两百万 |
[10:10] | So, you did your research. | 看来你们做了不少功课 |
[10:12] | And here comes this towel boy, Jeff, | 之后这里来了个发毛巾的小子 叫杰夫 |
[10:14] | decides to save the world | 决定要拯救世界 |
[10:15] | by shutting down your booming business. | 搅黄了你那正火的生意 |
[10:17] | It was the turning point, anyway. | 本来也到了个转折点 |
[10:19] | Virus is making the papers. | 新闻已经报道了病毒的消息 |
[10:21] | AIDS shut down my bath house. | 是艾滋导致我的澡堂关门 |
[10:24] | But Jeff lit the match. | 但是杰夫放的火 |
[10:25] | Kid was a hothead. | 孩子总是容易冲动 |
[10:26] | You a hothead, too? | 你也是个冲动的人 |
[10:28] | I can be. | 有时候吧 |
[10:30] | But insurance paid for all my losses, | 但保险公司赔偿了我的损失 |
[10:32] | then Jeff got out of my sight for good. | 杰夫也没再出现过 |
[10:34] | This Jeff sounds like he pissed off every other person he met. | 这个叫杰夫的听起来很讨人厌 |
[10:37] | Roughly. | 差不多 |
[10:38] | Anyone else on that place get into it with Jeff? | 当时还有别人跟他过不去吗 |
[10:41] | There was someone Jeff targeted in particular. | 是有个人 杰夫很针对他 |
[10:54] | Carlo, we gotta talk. | 卡洛 我得跟你谈谈 |
[10:55] | Talk? No thanks. | 谈谈 算了吧 |
[10:57] | Five minutes. | 就五分钟 |
[10:59] | I thought you said you just wanted to talk. | 我还以为你只想谈谈 |
[11:02] | All that time you spend in front of the mirror, | 你总是照镜子 |
[11:04] | I know you’ve noticed this. | 一定看到这个了 |
[11:06] | It’s nothing. | 这什么都不是 |
[11:07] | – You’re sick. – I’m fine. | -你病了 -我没病 |
[11:09] | Did you tell that guy you just had sex with that you have it? | 你告诉刚跟你上床的人你得病了吗 |
[11:12] | It’s cancer and cancer’s not contagious. | 这是癌症 不会传染 |
[11:15] | You’re purposely giving it to people? | 你是故意想把这个传染给别人 |
[11:17] | You’re such a drama queen. | 别大惊小怪了 |
[11:18] | What are you, a sociopath? | 你这算什么 反社会 |
[11:20] | I think you’re still upset that we stopped. | 我知道你还接受不了我跟你分手 |
[11:22] | You and me. | 你和我 |
[11:25] | Carlo, it kills people. | 卡洛 这会杀死人的 |
[11:28] | Stay out of my way and I’ll stay out of yours. | 我们以后井水不犯河水 |
[11:40] | Carlo was the prettiest of them all. | 卡洛是他们之中最养眼的 |
[11:43] | Literally got by on his good looks. | 完全能靠他的脸吃饭 |
[11:47] | I thought I’d save this. | 我就记得没把这个扔掉 |
[11:51] | Jeff made these, handed them out around Queens Village. | 杰夫做的 还在皇后区分发 |
[11:57] | I’m seeing motive. | 这可能就是动机 |
[11:59] | 这个人得病了 卡洛不会告诉你们 | |
[12:08] | Carlo is spreading the gay cancer to 10 men a night at Barney’s. | 卡洛在巴尼澡堂一晚就把同志癌症传染给十个人 |
[12:12] | 10 a night? | 一晚十个 |
[12:14] | That pace, Carlo must be long dead. | 按这个速度 卡洛早该死了 |
[12:16] | We need a last name to find out. | 我们得知道他姓什么 |
[12:18] | Barney didn’t know it? | 巴尼不知道吗 |
[12:19] | This Carlo said something about when ‘we’ stopped. | 卡洛当时跟杰夫说过当”我们”分手 |
[12:22] | It sounded like him and Jeff were together. | 听起来他和杰夫交往过 |
[12:24] | Did Artie know that? | 阿蒂知道这事吗 |
[12:26] | Did Artie get the bug from Jeff who got it from Carlo? | 杰夫从卡洛传染上 又传染给阿蒂 |
[12:30] | Sounds like the cops in ’83 were on to something. | 看来当年的警察已经发现些什么 |
[12:32] | Better go back to the bride-to-be. | 还是去找准新娘问问吧 |
[12:34] | Y’know, I think technically they’re both grooms. | 我觉得他们应该都是新郎 |
[12:40] | I knew about Jeff and Carlo. | 我知道杰夫和卡洛有过一段 |
[12:42] | – And you didn’t mind? – I didn’t like it. | -那你不介意吗 -我是不喜欢 |
[12:46] | – But? – You’re not gonna find this palatable. | -但是 -你不会想知道的 |
[12:48] | Consider me warned. | 我有心理准备 |
[12:51] | Most gay men were living out | 很多同志的生活 |
[12:52] | what a lot of straight men fantasize. | 简直就是直男的梦想 |
[12:54] | Which is? | 哪样 |
[12:55] | Spouse in home and affairs on the side. | 家里红旗不倒 外面彩旗飘飘 |
[12:57] | That was our arrangement too. | 我们也是这样 |
[13:00] | Until I got sick. | 直到我得了病 |
[13:14] | How is he? | 他怎么样 |
[13:16] | He’s the same. | 还是老样子 |
[13:18] | He’s very brave. | 他很勇敢 |
[13:22] | He’s sleeping. | 他在睡觉 |
[13:23] | If you keep your voices down. | 你能小点声吗 |
[13:24] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:27] | Hey, Artie. | 阿蒂 |
[13:28] | Is it my birthday? | 今天是我生日吗 |
[13:30] | It’s a metaphor. | 这是一种象征 |
[13:31] | Everyday is a celebration. | 每天都是节日 |
[13:33] | Everyday is going to be my birthday from now on? | 从今天起每天都是我的生日 |
[13:36] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:38] | We’ll be in a never-ending production of our town. | 我们在只属于我们的世界里 |
[13:41] | Treasuring every single moment as we live it. | 珍惜我们在一起的每一刻 |
[13:45] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:50] | Don’t do that. | 别这么做 |
[13:52] | Now stay back. Don’t get this. | 别过来 会传染的 |
[13:58] | I saw Carlo today. | 我今天看见卡洛了 |
[14:00] | How is he, don of Queens Village? | 他怎么样 皇后区头牌 |
[14:02] | He can’t believe I only wanna be with you. | 他不敢相信我只想跟你在一起 |
[14:06] | Neither can I. | 我也不敢相信 |
[14:08] | Well, it’s true. | 但这是事实 |
[14:15] | Jeff left Carlo for me. | 杰夫为了我离开卡洛 |
[14:19] | Who would’ve thought? | 谁想得到 |
[14:20] | Carlo getting dumped, that must’ve been new to him. | 卡洛被甩 对他来说可能是头一回 |
[14:23] | Brand new. | 可不是 |
[14:24] | You think he was dangerous? | 你觉得他是个危险人物吗 |
[14:27] | I think he purposely infected hundreds of men in the city. | 我认为他故意把病传染给城里好几百人 |
[14:31] | That’s murder, isn’t it? | 这就是谋杀 不是吗 |
[14:34] | You know his last name? | 你知道他姓什么吗 |
[14:37] | Fishman. | 费史曼 |
[14:38] | First name is Melvin. | 名字是迈尔文 |
[14:40] | Carlo is Melvin Fishman? | 卡洛真名叫迈尔文·费史曼 |
[14:42] | He’s an Ohio boy, | 他在俄亥俄长大 |
[14:44] | reinvented himself when he moved to the big city. | 后来到大城市就更名改姓了 |
[14:47] | He alive? | 他还活着吗 |
[14:49] | Try South Philly. | 到费城南部找找看 |
[14:52] | Now, how’s a guy like him make it when so many others don’t? | 为什么其他感染者都死了 他还活着 |
[14:56] | If God was punishing people for their sins, | 如果上帝真在惩罚罪人 |
[15:00] | he had a badly researched list. | 那他的名单真是错误百出 |
[15:12] | I was Melvin.. | 我在夏克海茨 |
[15:12] | ..for 18 miserable years in Shaker Heights. | 用迈尔文这个名字过了痛苦的18年 |
[15:15] | Here, I’m Carlo. | 在这里 我叫卡洛 |
[15:17] | Here, hold Louise. | 拿着 抱好路易斯 |
[15:20] | Let’s talk about homicide. | 言归正传 谈谈谋杀案的事 |
[15:23] | You wanna know if I murdered Jeff Kern? | 你想知道是不是我杀的杰夫·肯 |
[15:25] | No. | 不是 |
[15:26] | You had a reputation for playing roulette with people’s health. | 你有过拿别人生命当赌注的臭名 |
[15:30] | This just put me more in demand. | 这海报只会让我更受欢迎 |
[15:34] | I’m ugly now. | 我风华不在了 |
[15:35] | I make money cleaning bird cages. | 靠清扫鸟笼子挣钱 |
[15:37] | But look at me there. | 但你看看那时候的我 |
[15:39] | I was gorgeous. | 英俊潇洒 |
[15:41] | Nobody cared about the ‘he’ll kill you’ part? | 没人在意自己的生命吗 |
[15:45] | Jeff was seen as hysteric. | 杰夫被人当成疯子 |
[15:47] | Like a lady who smashed up liquor bottles with an axe. | 像个用斧子砍碎酒瓶的疯婆子 |
[15:49] | People laughed. | 他总被人嘲笑 |
[15:50] | So guys still wanted you? | 这么说那些男人还是想得到你 |
[15:51] | Jeff was the one who ended up ostracized. | 杰夫才是受到排挤的人 |
[15:54] | Even though he was right in the end. | 尽管最后证明他的做法是对的 |
[15:57] | People don’t know how to act in an emergency . | 大家不知道发生紧急情况时该做什么 |
[16:00] | When AIDS hit the world, most of us froze in disbelief. | 当艾滋来临时候 大多数人都拒不相信 |
[16:04] | Not Jeff. | 杰夫就不是 |
[16:06] | No, he fought. | 对 他反抗了 |
[16:08] | In the ways a lot more stupid than this. | 他愚蠢的抗争方式还不止这些 |
[16:11] | Like? | 比如呢 |
[16:12] | Jeff usually hid his background. | 杰夫一直隐瞒他的家庭背景 |
[16:15] | Now he decided to use it. | 但现在他开始利用这个 |
[16:16] | How? | 怎么利用 |
[16:17] | A fundraising party for rich, | 召集有钱人办了一场募捐晚会 |
[16:20] | closeted gay men who wanted to stay that way. | 都是些没出柜的同性恋 |
[16:29] | Be sure not to set off the alarm. | 千万别惹麻烦 |
[16:32] | Thanks for helping me do this. | 真的很感谢你为我做这些 |
[16:33] | – Don’t tell dad. – Are you kidding. | -别告诉老爸 -当然不会 |
[16:37] | – You should call him. – He should call me. | -你该给他打个电话 -他应该打给我 |
[16:42] | We’ll be in the guest house. | 我们会在客厅 |
[16:54] | 37 men have died in Philadelphia. | 费城已经有37人死了 |
[16:57] | 425 in New York and the government is ignoring it. | 纽约死了425人 政府还不重视 |
[17:01] | Ronald Reagan, interfere with God’s work. | 你简直就是罗纳德.里根 干涉神的意愿 |
[17:04] | Everyone in this room has money and clout. | 这里每个人都有钱有势 |
[17:06] | So we’re the ones who have to do something. | 我们就该一起做些什么 |
[17:09] | We could hire a lobbyist, a doctor maybe. | 我们可以雇佣说客 或是医生 |
[17:12] | Giving money isn’t enough. We have to put ourselves on the line. | 光捐钱是不够的 我们得挺身而出 |
[17:16] | How do you mean? | 此话怎讲 |
[17:17] | Come out. | 出柜 |
[17:18] | Make a joint statement. | 进行联合声明 |
[17:20] | We’re gay, we’re powerful, | 我们是同性恋 我们很强大 |
[17:21] | and attention must be paid. | 我们需要社会的关注 |
[17:24] | Your father would love that. | 你老爸肯定觉得很光彩 |
[17:25] | My father would have to handle it. | 我父亲不得不处理这件事了 |
[17:27] | If we came out, we’d lose whatever credibility we might’ve had. | 如果出柜 我们会名声扫地 |
[17:31] | People are dying. | 人们正相继死去 |
[17:33] | – This is a crisis. – Don’t be alarmist. | -已经迫在眉睫了 -别危言耸听 |
[17:36] | There’s no cure. | 还没有治愈的 |
[17:37] | No one’s even looking for a cure. | 甚至没人去研究治愈的方法 |
[17:41] | This is a press release from everyone in this room. | 这是以屋里所有人的名义发表的声明 |
[17:44] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吧 |
[17:45] | I’m sending it out in a week. | 我会在一周后发布 |
[17:48] | I’d like your signatures, but I don’t need them. | 我希望你们能签名 但不签也没关系 |
[17:59] | Jeff was gonna break the biggest taboo in the gay world. | 杰夫想打破同志们最大的禁忌 |
[18:02] | – Outing. – He had more guts than brains threatening those men. | -出柜 -他不计后果地威胁那些人 |
[18:06] | So who were these guys who had everything to lose? | 这些可能会失去一切的人都有谁 |
[18:09] | You want me to out them? | 你想让我公开所有人 |
[18:10] | For a homicide investigation? You bet. | 这可是在查凶案 |
[18:15] | Screw ’em. | 管他们呢 |
[18:17] | What have they done for me lately? | 他们近来为我做过什么 |
[18:19] | Right, Bobo? | 对吧 波波 |
[18:23] | Got a pen? | 有笔吗 |
[18:25] | Terrence Overton, president of Eastline Bank. | 泰瑞斯·欧弗顿 东线银行的总裁 |
[18:29] | Christopher Duncan, Chief of Staff to Councilman Bias. | 克里斯多夫·邓肯 议员拜尔斯的幕僚长 |
[18:32] | Bias, he’s right of the two of the hum. | 拜尔斯 不就是那两股势力之一 |
[18:34] | Don’t ask, don’t tell. | 同性恋潜规则 |
[18:35] | Just hide in the log cabin. | 自己知道就好 |
[18:37] | Chief of Emergency Medicine at Penn General. | 宾州医院的急诊病科主任 |
[18:39] | Russell Bennett. | 罗素·贝内特 |
[18:41] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[18:44] | Russ. | 拉斯 |
[18:46] | It’s Artie’s fiance. | 他是阿蒂的未婚夫 |
[18:52] | You were at Jeff’s party the week before he was murdered. | 杰夫遇害前一周的慈善晚会 你也在场 |
[18:56] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:58] | This is unbelievable. | 我真不敢相信 |
[19:00] | Lotta people in that room had motive to kill Jeff. | 在场很多人都有杀杰夫的动机 |
[19:02] | Not me. | 我可没有 |
[19:03] | I’ve been out since I was 16. | 我16岁就出柜了 |
[19:05] | How could you not tell me this? | 你怎么能不告诉我这件事 |
[19:06] | It’s a time of my life I’m embarrassed about. | 那段时间是我很难以启齿的经历 |
[19:09] | I was a drunk and an addict who dated older men. | 我嗜酒吸毒 和年纪比我大的人约会 |
[19:12] | I was there with one. | 我那次就是跟那种人同去的 |
[19:13] | He have a lot to lose by being outed? | 他被公开是同性恋后损失了很多吧 |
[19:15] | Only everything. | 损失了一切 |
[19:17] | Who are we talking about, Russ? | 那个人是谁 拉斯 |
[19:20] | You better tell them. | 你最好告诉他们 |
[19:21] | You better tell them every detail. | 你最好一五一十都说出来 |
[19:23] | I will. | 我会说的 |
[19:26] | So? | 是谁 |
[19:29] | Carson Finch. | 卡森·芬奇 |
[19:31] | This just gets worse and worse. | 真是一发不可收拾 |
[19:34] | – Who’s that? – A conservative columnist for the Times. | -他是谁 -《时代周刊》保守派专栏作家 |
[19:36] | It’d be like finding out Pat Buchanan was gay. | 简直像是说帕特·布坎南是个同性恋 |
[19:39] | If I’d been sober for five minutes while I was with him, | 要不是我跟他在一起时从来没清醒过 |
[19:41] | I might have realized he was the devil. | 肯定能看出他不是好东西 |
[19:43] | You think Finch could’ve hurt Jeff? | 你觉得芬奇会伤害杰夫吗 |
[19:46] | I know he read him the riot act after the party. | 我知道他在晚会结束后警告杰夫来着 |
[19:51] | Things don’t get done when you rant, rave, and threaten. | 事情不会因为宣传甚至威胁就能解决 |
[19:55] | Things get done quietly. | 事情都是闷声不响解决的 |
[19:57] | We’ll be dead. That’s quiet. | 等我们死光了 那倒是太平了 |
[20:02] | Russell, I need five minutes. | 罗素 再等我五分钟 |
[20:07] | Lovely family. | 多融洽的一家 |
[20:08] | They’re OK. | 还行吧 |
[20:10] | Powerful, too. | 也有权有势 |
[20:12] | I’ve never met your father, but I see his name everywhere | 我没见过你父亲 但他的名字随处可见 |
[20:16] | on hospitals, libraries. | 各家医院和图书馆 |
[20:18] | He’s a major donor in Philadelphia. | 他是费城有名的赞助人 |
[20:20] | I know all that. | 这些我都知道 |
[20:23] | You had some people here | 今天到场的一些人 |
[20:24] | tonight who could bring his empire crashing down. | 能把他呕心沥血打下的基业毁掉 |
[20:28] | Now you’re the one threatening. | 现在换你在威胁我 |
[20:30] | I’m just saying. | 我只是随便说说 |
[20:32] | Even a picture of Kern’s family has dirty secrets. | 就是这家人也有不可告人的秘密 |
[20:37] | I grew up here. | 我从小在这里长大 |
[20:39] | I know hard ball. | 我知道怎么硬碰硬 |
[20:43] | You don’t want to play it with me. | 你不会想跟我斗的 |
[20:55] | Satan himself. | 他真是个恶魔 |
[20:57] | How far would Finch go? | 芬奇会做出什么事来 |
[20:59] | I thought he was content | 我以为他在报纸上 |
[21:01] | eviscerating people in print, but who knows. | 诋毁别人就够了 但谁知道呢 |
[21:12] | So is the wedding off? | 看来婚礼没戏了 |
[21:14] | It’s between them. | 这是他们的事 |
[21:16] | Mine was on and off three times. | 我的婚礼可是几经波折 |
[21:18] | New police resource. | 有新情况 |
[21:20] | Yeah? What? | 什么情况 |
[21:21] | Half the guys on the party list are now on the AIDS quilt. | 当时晚会上一半的人都是艾滋病死者 |
[21:25] | Gone, huh? | 都死了 |
[21:27] | Yeah. | 是 |
[21:28] | Ain’t all Mary’s. | 上天对他们不怎么样 |
[21:30] | Women, kids. | 还有这么多女人和小孩 |
[21:31] | IV drug users and my niece being one of them. | 她们都是艾滋病药物使用者 我侄女也是 |
[21:38] | Two panels for Jeff Kern. | 杰夫·肯有两个追悼版面 |
[21:39] | One from Artie, one from his brother. | 一个是阿蒂做的 另一个是他哥哥做的 |
[21:40] | 杰夫·肯 我的弟弟 | |
[21:44] | Guess where Finch lives. | 你们猜芬奇住在哪里 |
[21:47] | Rittenhouse Square. | 利顿豪斯广场 |
[21:48] | Yeah, where Jeff ended up. | 那是杰夫死的地方 |
[21:53] | Jeff Kern was lucky he lived through the night of that party. | 杰夫·肯够幸运了 竟能活过晚会那天 |
[21:57] | Highball? | 高杯酒 |
[21:58] | We heard about the threats especially from you. | 我们也听说他被人威胁 尤其是你 |
[22:01] | I just warned him. | 我只是警告他一下 |
[22:03] | You hurt me, I’ll hurt you. | 人若犯我 我必犯人 |
[22:04] | Like maybe with a rock to the face? | 比如用石头砸他脸 |
[22:07] | That wasn’t necessary. | 这倒没必要 |
[22:08] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[22:09] | Between my friend at the Eastline Bank and I, | 我和在东线银行的朋友 |
[22:12] | we had plenty of dirt on the magnificent Kern family. | 都有许多肯家族的把柄 |
[22:15] | And that made Jeff back off? | 这就让杰夫收手了 |
[22:17] | Cuz he doesn’t seem to be the backing off type. | 因为他一副不服软的样子 |
[22:19] | Who knows what he would have done? | 谁知道他会做些什么 |
[22:22] | Maybe he died before he knew himself. | 或许他自己还没想清该怎么做 就丧命了 |
[22:24] | Or mayb he died so he couldn’t put out that press release. | 又或许是他死了就不能发布那些新闻了 |
[22:27] | Maybe. | 或许 |
[22:32] | But I fight with words, | 但我只靠言语反击 |
[22:35] | not rocks. | 不用石头 |
[22:37] | For what it’s worth, | 不管我说的有没有用 |
[22:38] | I never believed that Jeff died at the hands of a gay man. | 我绝不相信杰夫是被同志圈的人杀害的 |
[22:42] | Beating him with rock, i’d look for a heterosexual. | 用石头打死 明显是异性恋的行为 |
[22:46] | Got one in particular? | 有怀疑对象吗 |
[22:49] | Jeff found out I was gay because we both had friends | 杰夫知道我是同性恋是因为我们都有朋友 |
[22:52] | on the AIDS floor of Penn General | 在宾州医院艾滋病科的病房 |
[22:54] | I saw him there. | 我在那里见过他 |
[22:55] | Yeah, so? | 然后呢 |
[22:57] | Artie shared a room wih a boy who had AIDS | 阿蒂和一个得艾滋的男孩住一个病房 |
[23:00] | and the boy’s father was … | 那男孩的父亲又很 |
[23:02] | rageful. | 易怒 |
[23:08] | Carson Finch. | 卡森·芬奇 |
[23:11] | Jeff. Hello. | 杰夫 你好 |
[23:14] | Sick friend? | 来探病 |
[23:25] | Can I get you anything? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[23:26] | Food? | 要吃点什么吗 |
[23:28] | You can give me a cure. | 我要治愈的方法 |
[23:30] | I know. | 我懂 |
[23:31] | He’s dying. | 他要死了 |
[23:36] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[23:38] | Take your hand off me. | 把你的手拿开 |
[23:40] | Kenny got sick because of people like you. | 肯尼就因为你们这样的人才会得病 |
[23:42] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[23:43] | He’s innocent. | 他是无辜的 |
[23:45] | He should be helped before your friend. | 他该在你朋友之前得到救助 |
[23:46] | I’d like to help everyone. | 如果可以 我愿意帮助任何人 |
[23:49] | He’s eight. | 他才8岁 |
[23:51] | Please. | 拜托 |
[23:53] | I don’t know if I can help Artie. | 我都不知道能不能帮阿蒂 |
[23:56] | Damn you. | 去你的吧 |
[24:00] | What happened? | 后来怎么了 |
[24:02] | Jeff walked away. | 杰夫走了 |
[24:04] | Now, how did this guy think that Jeff could help his son? | 那个男的为什么觉得杰夫能救他儿子 |
[24:06] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[24:08] | But he knew where to find Jeff. | 但他知道哪里能找到杰夫 |
[24:11] | And I know hate when I see it. | 而且从那个男人眼里能看到仇恨 |
[24:22] | We gotta talk to you about Jeff Kern, | 我们想和你谈谈杰夫·肯的事 |
[24:24] | the guy you fought with at the hospital. | 你在医院跟他发生过争执 |
[24:26] | I don’t remember half of what came out of my mouth that night. | 那天晚上说过什么 我一点都想不起来了 |
[24:28] | You threatened him. | 你恐吓了他 |
[24:29] | Two weeks later he was killed. | 两周后他就遇害了 |
[24:32] | Not by me. | 不是我干的 |
[24:34] | I was angry, yeah. | 当然我是很生气 |
[24:35] | I thought Kenny got AIDS from his second grade teacher. | 我以为肯尼是从他二年级老师那染的艾滋 |
[24:38] | Now I know it was the transfusions he had, skateboard accident. | 现在我知道是因为一次滑板事故后的输血 |
[24:41] | Why’d you target Jeff? | 你为什么针对杰夫 |
[24:44] | It just seemed unfair. | 我只觉得很不公平 |
[24:47] | I mean, if there was some miracle, | 我的意思是 如果有奇迹 |
[24:49] | my kid should get it, not the gay guy. | 应该在我儿子身上 而不是那个基佬 |
[24:51] | What miracle do you mean? | 你所谓的奇迹是什么 |
[24:54] | That guy Jeff said he had | 那个叫杰夫的说他有路子 |
[24:56] | a way to get his boyfriend into a drug trial, | 能把他男友弄进一个临床测试性项目 |
[24:58] | – maybe save him. – How? | -也许能救他的命 -怎么救 |
[25:00] | I don’t know, but they kept arguing about it. | 我也不知道 但他们一直在争这个问题 |
[25:03] | The sick guy saying, | 病了的那个说 |
[25:04] | ‘It’s not worth it, I accept my death’. | “这不值得 我接受死亡的命运了” |
[25:06] | I’m thinking, you accept your death, great. | 我想 你死了正好 |
[25:09] | Give my kid the drug. | 赶紧把药给我儿子 |
[25:11] | How do you get access to these drug trials? | 怎样才能进入临床试验 |
[25:14] | Connections, clout, know a board member, | 四处拉关系 结识董事会成员 |
[25:17] | be a major donor to the hospital. | 给医院提供赞助 |
[25:18] | What hospital are you talking about? | 你说的是哪家医院 |
[25:20] | Penn General. | 宾州医院 |
[25:21] | They do a lot of research there. | 他们那里做了许多相关研究 |
[25:24] | Jeff’s father’s on the board of directors for Pennsylvania General. | 杰夫的老爸是宾州医院董事会成员之一 |
[25:27] | That qualifies as a major donor. | 那必须是个主要赞助人了 |
[25:29] | Has been for years. | 赞助了好多年 |
[25:31] | So Jeff needs dad to save Artie’s life potentially. | 这么说杰夫需要靠他父亲才有可能救阿蒂 |
[25:34] | Only Jeff and dad are estranged. | 可是他和他爸有隔阂 |
[25:36] | But Jeff will do anything. He and Artie are in love. | 可杰夫愿意不惜一切 他和阿蒂深爱彼此 |
[25:38] | Which is why dad will say no. | 这也正是为什么他父亲拒绝他 |
[25:40] | That writer Finch told jeff | 那个作家芬奇告诉杰夫 |
[25:42] | he had something that could ruin his dad. | 他手里有杰夫父亲的把柄 |
[25:44] | Maybe Jeff asked him what the dirt was | 也许杰夫问出了那些把柄 |
[25:46] | so he could throw it at dad himself. | 他就可以自己威胁他爸 |
[25:48] | We gotta talk to the old man whether he likes it or not. | 不管他爸愿不愿意 我们都得跟他谈谈 |
[25:50] | You think a father would kill his son | 你觉得一个父亲会杀死自己的儿子 |
[25:52] | to save his business empire? | 来保住他的生意 |
[25:54] | Why not? | 有什么不会 |
[25:56] | Jeff was dead to him already. | 对他父亲来说 杰夫早就死了 |
[26:13] | Did Jeff come to you for help before he died, Mr. Kern? | 肯先生 杰夫死前有没有来求过你帮助 |
[26:15] | He called, asked if we could meet. | 他打过电话 说要跟我见面 |
[26:19] | Said it was important. | 说有很重要的事 |
[26:21] | I made him beg. | 我让他求我 |
[26:24] | I was a jerk. | 我那时很混蛋 |
[26:25] | Dad, don’t say that. | 爸 别这么说 |
[26:27] | Sorry, if it offends you. | 抱歉这么说 |
[26:29] | What happened when you two met? | 你俩见面时发生了什么 |
[26:31] | We didn’t. | 我们没见成 |
[26:33] | He was murdered the night before. | 他在约好见面的前一晚遇害了 |
[26:35] | So you don’t know what he wanted to talk about? | 这么说你不知道他想跟你说的是什么 |
[26:37] | No and I never will. | 是啊 永远不会知道了 |
[26:39] | I think Jeff wanted you to help Artie | 杰夫应该是想要你的帮助救治阿蒂 |
[26:41] | get into the drug trial at Penn General. | 把他弄到宾州医院的临床药物试验项目里 |
[26:42] | Yes, you’ve told me. | 行了 你说过了 |
[26:46] | What would’ve you said? | 那你会怎么做 |
[26:47] | I would’ve said no. | 我当然不会答应 |
[26:49] | But Artie got into that trial. | 但阿蒂还是进了那个试验项目 |
[26:51] | Yes, after Jeff died, | 是啊 杰夫死后 |
[26:54] | I made sure his friend got a place. | 我想确保他朋友能有个着落 |
[27:00] | How strange logic. | 你的逻辑很奇怪 |
[27:01] | Maybe it was guilt, something you did, Mr. Kern? | 您是不是出于内疚呢 肯先生 |
[27:05] | You have something to say to me, say it. | 有话就直说 |
[27:08] | Be a man. | 拿出男人的样子 |
[27:11] | Carson Finch had dirt on your family. | 你们家有把柄落在卡森·芬奇手里 |
[27:13] | Finch is a dilettante. | 芬奇是个小人 |
[27:15] | Jeff knew what it was and was gonna use it against you. | 杰夫知道了这些把柄 想作为谈判筹码 |
[27:17] | You’ve got fire, huh? | 你很有种啊 |
[27:21] | Just like Jeff did. | 跟杰夫一摸一样 |
[27:23] | What did Finch tell him? | 芬奇告诉他什么了 |
[27:25] | What did he hold over you? | 你到底有什么把柄在他手上 |
[27:27] | What could be worse than what Jeffrey flaunted everyday? | 哪还有比杰夫里的性取向更让我丢脸的 |
[27:31] | – Dad. – It’s unnatural. | -爸别说了 -就是有违常理 |
[27:33] | Let’s not go into that. | 咱们别再提这件事了 |
[27:34] | The only thing more unnatural is for a father to bury his son. | 更反常的就是竟然白发人送黑发人 |
[27:41] | Hearing of his death was the worst day of my life. | 听到他死讯那天是我一生中最悲痛的一天 |
[27:47] | You should go now. | 你们该走了 |
[27:50] | Yes, go. | 对 不送了 |
[27:51] | You getting Artie into that trial may have saved his life. | 是你帮阿蒂加入药物试验项目 他才活了下来 |
[27:55] | Furthest thing from my mind. | 我根本没考虑到这点 |
[27:57] | I don’t believe you, Mr. Kern. | 我不这么认为 肯先生 |
[28:00] | I think you loved Jeff. | 我觉得你深深爱着杰夫 |
[28:03] | Well, he was always my favorite. | 是啊 他一直是我最爱的儿子 |
[28:11] | They both are. | 他俩都是 |
[28:17] | You really think Jeff would blackmail his own father? | 你真觉得杰夫会勒索他的亲生父亲 |
[28:19] | He wasn’t shy about confrontation. | 他向来不惧当面对峙 |
[28:22] | I suppose that’s true. He was a chip off the old block. | 这倒是真的 他跟他爸一个脾气 |
[28:24] | You told him you had something on his family. | 你告诉他你有他们家的把柄 |
[28:26] | We need to know what it was. | 我们需要知道你指的是什么 |
[28:27] | That’s water under the bridge. | 那都是过去的事了 |
[28:29] | Something on the foundation, financial scandal? | 关于基金会 财政丑闻 |
[28:31] | Or personal. | 还是个人作风问题 |
[28:34] | I believe in discretion. | 我不想透露什么 |
[28:37] | A man was murdered. | 一个人被杀了 |
[28:38] | Bludgeoned, strangled. | 被重击后勒死 |
[28:40] | That ain’t discreet. | 你不能保持沉默了 |
[28:42] | Do right by this kid, Finch. | 为这死去的孩子说出真相吧 芬奇 |
[28:58] | Summer of ’78. | 78年的夏天 |
[29:00] | That’s me in the swim trunks. | 这是我穿着泳裤的照片 |
[29:02] | Lord have mercy. | 很无语 |
[29:05] | These are our housemates, | 这些都是我们的室友 |
[29:07] | Brian, Doug, Leonard. | 布莱恩 道格 伦纳德 |
[29:09] | And this man is Leonard’s hot summer romance. | 这个是伦纳德在夏天邂逅的情人 |
[29:20] | Paul was thinner then. | 保罗那时候比较瘦 |
[29:24] | When I went to the party that night, | 那天晚上我到晚会的时候 |
[29:26] | I didn’t know he was Jeff’s brother. | 并不知道他就是杰夫的哥哥 |
[29:28] | How’d you find out? | 后来你怎么知道的 |
[29:30] | I recognized him from family photos. | 我看他的全家福认出来的 |
[29:32] | Same swim trunks. | 穿着同样的游泳裤 |
[29:35] | I realized Jeff didn’t know. | 我发现杰夫还不知道这件事 |
[29:37] | – So you told him? – No. | -你告诉他了 -没有 |
[29:40] | Then when I sat for a smoke, there was the man himself. | 我起身抽烟的时候 他本人就在那里 |
[29:51] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[29:53] | Carson Finch. | 卡森·芬奇 |
[29:55] | Of course. | 当然记得 |
[29:57] | I had no idea you were Jeff’s brother. | 我都不知道原来你就是杰夫的哥哥 |
[30:00] | Listen, this is.. | 听着 是这样的 |
[30:02] | I’m married now and | 我结婚了 而且 |
[30:05] | – my family doesn’t know. – Say no more. | -我家里都不知道这件事 -不用说了 |
[30:07] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[30:09] | I read your column. | 我读过你的专栏 |
[30:11] | You’re crazy. | 你被炒得很热 |
[30:14] | Miss Finch isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. | 姐不是每个人都欣赏得了的 |
[30:20] | How’s Leonard? | 伦纳德怎么样了 |
[30:22] | I’ve been thinking of sending him a card. | 我之前一直想给他寄个卡片 |
[30:25] | Leonard died last year. | 伦纳德去年过世了 |
[31:00] | Why didn’t you tell anyone? | 你为什么没告诉过别人 |
[31:01] | I didn’t believe in outing. | 我不相信出柜会有好处 |
[31:04] | And then death outed us all. | 直到死亡帮我们都出柜了 |
[31:10] | Paul was worried that his brother | 保罗怕他弟弟 |
[31:12] | will out him to their dad at this meeting. | 会在见面时告诉父亲他是同性恋 |
[31:13] | Which his dad treats his kids equally | 而他父亲如果一视同仁 |
[31:15] | means Paul gets disinherited too. | 就是会同样剥夺保罗的继承权 |
[31:17] | So he kills Jeff the night before. Ipso facto. | 他就在他们见面前夜杀了杰夫 都说通了 |
[31:20] | Except we don’t got no factos. | 说是说通了 我们还没有证据 |
[31:22] | Blood results were inconclusive. | 血检结果也不能确定 |
[31:24] | How come? | 为什么 |
[31:25] | 85 percent match to Jeff’s DNA. | 和杰夫的DNA有85%匹配度 |
[31:28] | The lab’s assuming the sample’s degraded. | 实验室认为样本不纯 |
[31:30] | But there’s another explanation for an almost match. | 这么高的匹配度还有另一个解释 |
[31:32] | A sibling. | 兄弟姐妹 |
[31:33] | You can’t take that to court. | 可是这并不能作为证据 |
[31:35] | We need a confession. | 我们得让他自首 |
[31:36] | He’ll lawyer up in record time, Scotty. | 他会请律师一起来做笔录 史考特 |
[31:38] | Maybe not. | 也许不会 |
[31:40] | I think Paul wants to tell someone what he did. | 我觉得保罗想跟人说他做过的事 |
[31:44] | He put it on the quilt panel he made for Jeff. | 他把这个放到悼念杰夫的版面上 |
[31:47] | – He was lost and is found. – The prodigal son. | -他是失而复得的 -回头浪子 |
[31:51] | Someone wanna catch me up here? | 谁给我讲讲这是什么典故 |
[31:52] | I missed all of Sunday school. | 我从不去主日学校 |
[31:55] | It’s a story about two sons and a father. | 这个故事围绕两个儿子和一个父亲 |
[31:57] | The one son does everything that pleases father, | 一个儿子做好每一件事取悦父亲 |
[31:59] | the other one… | 而另一个 |
[32:00] | – Bad. – Goes off whoring and drinking, | -很坏 -放荡不羁 嗜酒如命 |
[32:02] | shaming family. | 有辱门风 |
[32:03] | While the good son is home working the field. | 好儿子在家操劳 |
[32:06] | Then one day the bad son wants to come back home. | 突然有一天坏儿子想要回家 |
[32:09] | And the father instantly forgives him, | 父亲当下就原谅了他 |
[32:11] | welcomes him and gives his fatted calf. | 敞开大门并给把最好的都给了他 |
[32:15] | All his stuff. | 所有这一切 |
[32:16] | Which makes the good, dutiful son very, very angry. | 让那个优秀顺从的儿子非常生气 |
[32:30] | I have a meeting in 10 minutes. | 我十分钟后有个会议 |
[32:31] | Not today, Paul. | 你去不了 保罗 |
[32:34] | What are you doing? | 干什么 |
[32:35] | Telling you a story. | 给你讲个故事 |
[32:38] | Then we want you to tell us a story. | 还想让你给我们讲个故事 |
[32:40] | Sorry, you’re losing me. | 对不起 我听不懂 |
[32:42] | He was lost and is found. | 他迷途知返 |
[32:45] | The prodigal son. | 回头浪子 |
[32:52] | Wendy, get Ben Keltman on the phone. | 温蒂 帮我联系本·科特曼 |
[32:55] | I think you should talk to my attorney. | 我想你们应该跟我的律师谈 |
[32:57] | Look at that kingdom. | 看看这个偌大的事业 |
[33:00] | All yours, the good son. | 全都是你的了 你这个优秀的儿子 |
[33:04] | You sacrificed for it. | 你为此牺牲了很多 |
[33:06] | Gave up your own desires. | 放弃了自己的欲望 |
[33:09] | Did everything right. | 做的每件事都是对的 |
[33:10] | You earned this. | 这是你应得的 |
[33:11] | While Jeff went out and played, | 杰夫只会在外面花天酒地 |
[33:14] | – defied your father. – I loved my brother. | -跟你父亲对着干 -我很爱我弟弟 |
[33:17] | As long as he was exiled from the family. | 但他必须被赶出这个家 |
[33:20] | But what if Jeff went to your dad for help, | 但如果杰夫去向你父亲寻求帮助 |
[33:23] | and they made amends? | 他们和好如初 |
[33:26] | What if dad welcomed him home? | 甚至你父亲非常欢迎他回家 |
[33:31] | Would leave you on the outside. | 你可能就会被冷落 |
[33:33] | You couldn’t risk that. | 你不能冒这个险 |
[33:36] | So you made sure that meeting never happened. | 所以你要确保他们没有机会恳谈 |
[33:38] | At least, that’s the version Paul likes to tell himself. | 至少 保罗更喜欢这样骗自己 |
[33:41] | – He’s cleaner, – Straighter. | -没有污点 -是个正常的异性恋 |
[33:43] | But it was simpler than that. Wasn’t it, Paul? | 但事实并非如此 对吧 保罗 |
[33:48] | You had a secret. | 你有个秘密 |
[33:51] | You were terrified Jeff would tell dad. | 你很害怕杰夫会告诉老爸 |
[33:55] | Come on, Paul. | 说吧 保罗 |
[33:58] | You wanna make it right. | 你不想瞒一辈子的 |
[34:02] | You confessed 20 years ago. | 20年前你就已经承认了 |
[34:07] | Ben Keltman on the line. | 本·科特曼在线上了 |
[34:12] | Tell him | 告诉他 |
[34:15] | I’ll call him back. | 我再打给他 |
[34:16] | Yes, sir. | 是 老板 |
[34:22] | I tried to talk to Jeff. | 我试着跟杰夫谈 |
[34:27] | – Thanks for treating. – Yeah. | -谢谢你请客 -客气 |
[34:28] | I’m gonna walk that way and pick up some mocha chip for Artie. | 我往那边走 顺便给阿蒂买些点心 |
[34:32] | I’d like to be at dinner tomorrow night with you and dad. | 我明天也想跟你和父亲共进晚餐 |
[34:35] | I have to do it alone. | 我必须单独和他谈谈 |
[34:36] | Do what? | 谈什么 |
[34:37] | Get Artie in the drug trial. | 让阿蒂参加那个药物试验 |
[34:38] | – But how? – Any way I can. | -你怎么可能说服他 -用一切办法 |
[34:40] | Beg, bribe, blackmail. | 乞求 贿赂 勒索 |
[34:43] | Would that include ruining my life? | 是不是也包括毁了我的生活 |
[34:45] | What are you talking about? | 我不懂你在说什么 |
[34:54] | You saw me with Finch. | 你看见我和芬奇在一起了 |
[34:57] | You think I didn’t know you were a closet case? | 你觉得我不知道你也是同性恋 |
[35:01] | It was one summer. | 只是一个夏天的事 |
[35:06] | Dad can’t know. | 不能让爸知道 |
[35:08] | I would never out you. | 我绝不会把你说出去的 |
[35:10] | You threatened to out a room full of men. | 你威胁了一屋子的人要把他们抖出去 |
[35:12] | They’re not my brothers. | 他们不是我的兄弟 |
[35:13] | I know you. You can’t control yourself when you want something. | 我了解你 你情急之下什么都做得出来 |
[35:16] | – Don’t be crazy. – He’ll piss you off, | -别傻了 -他会对你大发雷霆 |
[35:18] | you’ll do anything to help Artie. | 然后你就会想尽各种手段帮阿蒂 |
[35:20] | Paul, I won’t hurt you. | 保罗 我绝不会伤害你的 |
[35:21] | You don’t want to, but you will. | 你不想 但你会的 |
[35:23] | – Cool off. – Me? | -冷静点 -我冷静 |
[35:25] | – Cool off? – Go home to your wife. | -我冷静点 -回家陪你老婆吧 |
[35:29] | No. I won’t let you. | 不 我不会让你得逞的 |
[35:35] | – Paul. – No, I gave up too much. | -保罗 -不 我已经放弃太多了 |
[36:06] | 歌曲:”When I’m With You” 歌手:Sheriff Gaye | |
[38:23] | 已结案 1983年4月 |