时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | 克林顿 戈尔 | |
[00:22] | It’s fun, right? | 挺有意思的吧 |
[00:23] | It’s better than watching frat guys playing Beer Pong. | 总比看兄弟会的人玩啤酒弹珠强 |
[00:23] | 啤酒弹珠是从达特茂斯大学五六十年代 兄弟会的饮酒文化演变而来的喝酒游戏 | |
[00:26] | You get credit for working on the campaign? | 你为竞选尽心尽力 人家记你的功劳吗 |
[00:28] | Oh yeah, but I’d do it anyway. | 会啊 但无论如何我都得干这活 |
[00:32] | Does it bother you that he’s such a womanizer? | 他这么贪恋女色 你不担心吗 |
[00:35] | He’s not gonna do that in the White House. | 他在白宫会有所收敛 |
[00:46] | Who’s the face? | 那是谁 |
[00:47] | He’s David Lake. He runs our campaign office. | 那是大卫·雷克 主管我们竞选办公室 |
[00:52] | That his girlfriend? | 那是他女友吗 |
[00:53] | Sister. | 是姐姐 |
[01:02] | Vanessa, that drunk they threw out, | 温妮莎 他们赶出去的那个酒鬼 |
[01:05] | is he with you? | 是跟你一起来的吗 |
[01:07] | – I’m not with him any… – ‘Cuz that was embarrassing. | -我和他已经… -刚才太不像话了 |
[01:08] | I know, I’m sorry. | 我知道 真抱歉 |
[01:10] | It wasn’t her fault, Abbey. | 也不是她的错啊 艾比 |
[01:13] | David, we never got to talk. | 大卫 我们一直没机会说话 |
[01:16] | Uh, later. I promise. | 过会儿 我保证 |
[01:20] | Well, him, I’d vote for. | 我倒是会给他投一票 |
[01:25] | They’re saying he’s the future of the party. | 他们都说他是民主党的未来 |
[01:28] | It’s loud in here. You wanna walk outside? | 这里好吵 你想出去走走吗 |
[02:11] | 92年11月 温妮莎·普罗瑟 | |
[02:22] | What took you so long? | 怎么这么久才到 |
[02:25] | Had to doll up. | 得打扮得漂亮点 |
[02:26] | Vera got lucky. | 维拉撞大运了 |
[02:28] | I’m on the up desk all night, | 我一晚上都在办公室待着 |
[02:30] | eight minutes to go on the shift and this guy’s gotta buy it. | 就差八分钟换班 这家伙非给我找事做 |
[02:33] | Darren Clemen, two in the head. | 达伦·克莱门 头部中两枪 |
[02:35] | – Up close. – Any witnesses? | -近距离开的枪 -有目击者吗 |
[02:37] | They heard it, but they didn’t see it. | 他们听到枪声 但没看到枪击场面 |
[02:44] | Working cold jobs, you almost forget how much blood there is. | 总是办悬案 都忘了现场多血腥了 |
[02:48] | It does seem extra gory. | 确实格外血腥 |
[02:50] | I’m assuming there’s a good reason we got dragged down here? | 把我们拽过来一定事出有因吧 |
[02:53] | Inside. | 去里头 |
[02:59] | The guy didn’t believe in house work. | 这家伙不爱打扫屋子 |
[03:04] | Looks like some kind of shrine. | 看起来像个圣祠 |
[03:07] | Or a trophy case. | 也可能是在展示战绩 |
[03:10] | All about the death of Vanessa Prosser. | 都是关于温妮莎·普罗瑟遇害的案子 |
[03:13] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[03:14] | Murder victim, 1992. | 1992年被杀的 |
[03:18] | Never found her killer. | 一直没找到凶手 |
[03:25] | Never say never. | 永不言弃 |
[03:59] | Vanessa Prosser was a college senior working | 温妮莎·普罗瑟当时在读大四 |
[04:01] | on the local Clinton campaign. | 为本地的克林顿竞选活动工作 |
[04:03] | Went to election party on November, 3rd, 1992. | 1992年11月3日参加选举派对 |
[04:05] | Washed up on the bank of the Delaware | 第二天早上 尸体却冲上了 |
[04:07] | the next morning with a broken neck. | 特拉华州的岸边 脖子也断了 |
[04:08] | Republicans thought they had a bad night. | 共和党人还以为那晚他们最惨呢 |
[04:10] | Best guess is she was tossed from the Ben Franklin Bridge. | 从富兰克林大桥上被扔下水的可能性最大 |
[04:13] | It could’ve been a fall. | 也可能就是不慎坠落 |
[04:14] | Bruising under her arms. | 手臂下有淤青 |
[04:16] | Dragged and dumped. | 是被拖拽着扔下去的 |
[04:17] | A letter was found in her pocket. | 她口袋里发现一封信 |
[04:19] | Signature and most of the prints were washed away, | 签名和大部分指纹都被冲掉了 |
[04:20] | but few words are readable. | 但还有几个词能看清楚 |
[04:23] | Been afraid.. | 一直害怕… |
[04:25] | Wanting to.. | 想要… |
[04:26] | Feelings for you… | 对你的感觉… |
[04:28] | An admirer. | 是位仰慕者 |
[04:30] | With good penmanship. | 字写得很漂亮 |
[04:31] | Lead suspect was Aaron Dutra, Vanessa’s ex, | 头号嫌犯是艾伦·杜查 温妮莎的前男友 |
[04:33] | an ROTC Penn-grad | 宾夕法尼亚大学储备军官训练团毕业生 |
[04:35] | just gotten back from the Gulf War. | 刚从海湾战争回来 |
[04:37] | He got thrown out of the party that night. | 那晚被赶出了派对 |
[04:39] | Case against him didn’t stick, though. | 不过没能对他立案 |
[04:42] | Hmm, among other things, | 不说别的 |
[04:44] | bad penmanship. | 瞧这手烂字 |
[04:45] | We think the letter came from Clemen, this new victim. | 这信是不是那个刚死的克莱门写的 |
[04:48] | He had a kind of an obssession with her. | 他对她很是痴迷 |
[04:49] | What else do we know about this guy? | 他的其它信息呢 |
[04:52] | No record, no warrants. Name’s clean. | 无犯罪记录 无搜查记录 记录很干净 |
[04:54] | Can’t say the same for his house. | “干净”这词可不能形容他家 |
[04:56] | Neighbor said the wife died three years ago. | 邻居说他妻子三年前过世了 |
[04:58] | He turned into a hermit, let the place go. | 他就变成隐士 也不打扫屋子了 |
[05:00] | And the relationship between him and the Prosser girl? | 他跟那个叫普罗瑟的姑娘有什么关系吗 |
[05:02] | No connections, yet, but he did have some of her personal items. | 还没找到 但他有一些她的私人物品 |
[05:04] | Receipts, school papers, journal entries. | 收据 论文 日记账分录 |
[05:06] | Maybe he was stalking her. | 或许他在跟踪她 |
[05:08] | But how’d he get her stuff? | 那他怎么会拿到她的东西 |
[05:09] | Walter Spar was assigned to this case. | 当时办案人员的是沃尔特·斯帕 |
[05:11] | Will, do you know where he is? | 威尔 知道他在哪里吗 |
[05:12] | Maybe the shore, I’ll find him. | 大概在沿海吧 我会找到他的 |
[05:14] | Let’s see if Vanessa’s parents | 我们去问问温妮莎的父母 |
[05:16] | know who Clemen was to her. | 知不知道克莱门跟她什么关系 |
[05:20] | No. I don’t know him. | 不认识 我不认识他 |
[05:23] | Who is he? | 这人是谁 |
[05:25] | His name is Darren Clemen. He was killed last night. | 他叫达伦·克莱门 昨晚被杀 |
[05:28] | Killed? | 被杀 |
[05:30] | What’s this got to do with Vanessa? | 这跟温妮莎有什么关系 |
[05:32] | We were hoping you could tell us. | 我们还指望你们会知道呢 |
[05:34] | She was living at home, right? | 她当时住在家里 是吗 |
[05:36] | Yes, she was trying to save money. | 是啊 她想要省钱 |
[05:38] | She wanted to spend the summer in Washington. | 想夏天待在华盛顿 |
[05:41] | This man had some of Vanessa’s things at his house. | 这人家里有一些温妮莎的物品 |
[05:44] | Well, I don’t understand how that could be. | 我真不知道那是怎么回事 |
[05:46] | One theory is Vanessa was involved with this guy. | 温妮莎可能在与他相恋 |
[05:50] | But, he looks like he’s twice her age. | 但他看上去比她老一倍 |
[05:54] | Though that might explain something. | 要真是那样 有些事倒是说得通了 |
[05:56] | Few weeks before Vanessa died, | 温妮莎去世前几周 |
[06:00] | we were making dinner. | 我们当时正在做饭 |
[06:02] | George Bush is a war hero. | 乔治·布什是战争英雄 |
[06:04] | He doesn’t know what a grocery scanner is. | 他过时了 连扫码器是什么都不知道 |
[06:06] | Well, I, for one, like that Hillary Clinton. | 我倒是喜欢希拉里·克林顿 |
[06:10] | I liked her headbands, and I don’t know why she had to change it. | 我喜欢她的发带 真不知她为什么要换 |
[06:14] | Dad, you have to vote for Clinton. | 爸 你得给克林顿投票 |
[06:16] | I need a job next year. | 好让我明年有工作 |
[06:17] | And never mind the Jennifer Flowers tapes. | 也别管那些珍妮弗·弗劳尔斯的录音带 |
[06:17] | 珍妮弗·弗劳尔斯在克林顿竞选期间宣称与其有过12年的关系 并召开记者会公布了一盘她偷录的录音带 | |
[06:19] | Jennifer Flowers is a skank. | 珍妮花就是个下流胚子 |
[06:21] | That’s one thing we can agree on. | 这我倒是同意 |
[06:23] | Ahem. For Vanessa. | 送给温妮莎的 |
[06:28] | Aaron? Still thinks he’s in the game, huh? | 艾伦吗 还觉得他有机会 |
[06:32] | – No, not from Aaron. – Oh? Who from? | -不 不是艾伦 -那是谁 |
[06:35] | It’s just a thank-you from the campaign. | 只是为了竞选的事答谢我的 |
[06:40] | Oh, oh, apply pressure. Here. | 压着 压着这儿 |
[06:42] | Direct pressure, come on. Hold it. Grab it, honey. | 就这么压着 快点 压住 拿着 |
[06:44] | Hurry up, hurry up. Here we go. Keep pressing. | 快点 快点 好了 继续压着 |
[06:46] | And then we got distracted when she cut herself. | 她切伤自己时 我们的注意力被分散了 |
[06:49] | Her blood didn’t clot properly. | 她血凝不太正常 |
[06:53] | So you never found out who sent the flowers? | 那你们一直不知道是谁送的花吗 |
[06:56] | No. | 不知道 |
[06:57] | This says you didn’t realize that | 笔录上说你们第二天 |
[06:59] | Vanessa was missing till the next day. | 才意识到温妮莎失踪了 |
[07:01] | We figured she’d gone back to her | 我们以为她回去她朋友 |
[07:03] | friend’s place on campus, Beth Reardon. | 贝丝·里尔顿的宿舍了 |
[07:05] | She drove that night. | 那晚是她开的车 |
[07:10] | You build all these? | 这些都是你做的吗 |
[07:14] | I just design them. | 我只是设计师 |
[07:16] | I’m an architect, not the contractor. | 我是建筑师 不是承包商 |
[07:21] | I’ve never seen him before. | 我从没见过他 |
[07:23] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[07:24] | Maybe someone Vanessa was involved with. | 或许温妮莎在跟他相恋 |
[07:26] | I doubt that. | 不太可能 |
[07:27] | You have better candidate? | 你觉得更可能是谁呢 |
[07:29] | I thought she had something going on, | 我觉得她有什么事 |
[07:31] | but she was being secretive. | 但她口风很紧 |
[07:33] | Anyone else who might know who Vanessa was seeing? | 还有谁会知道温妮莎跟谁在约会吗 |
[07:36] | Ask Aaron Dutra. | 去问艾伦·杜查吧 |
[07:38] | He was all but stalking her at the time. | 他那时就成天跟踪她 |
[07:40] | Her old boyfriend? | 她的前男友吗 |
[07:41] | She broke up with him, but he wasn’t taking no for an answer. | 她跟他分手了 他却无法接受 |
[07:44] | You see him at the party that night? | 派对那晚你看到他了吗 |
[07:46] | He was hard to miss. | 想看不到都难 |
[07:48] | I couldn’t vote for Clinton, | 我不能给克林顿投票 |
[07:50] | I was too jealous of the Gore girls. | 我太嫉妒戈尔家的千金们了 |
[07:52] | Gore is crazy. He kept dropping out of the race. | 戈尔太疯了 他总是掉链子 |
[07:54] | – I liked Stockdale in the debate. – Vanessa. | -我喜欢斯托克代尔辩论时的样子 -温妮莎 |
[08:01] | Why are you here? | 你来干什么 |
[08:03] | You were supposed to wait, V. | 你该等我的 小温 |
[08:06] | You’re drunk. | 你喝醉了 |
[08:07] | Shut up. | 你闭嘴 |
[08:08] | Aaron, it’s over. I told you this. | 艾伦 我们结束了 我跟你说过 |
[08:11] | I saw you with him today. | 我今天看见你们在一起了 |
[08:13] | You’re following me? | 你在跟踪我吗 |
[08:14] | I saw him touch you, like you’re his.. | 我看到他摸你 就好像你是他的 |
[08:16] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[08:17] | – Where is he? – Aaron. | -他在哪里 -艾伦 |
[08:18] | Where is he? I know he’s here. | 他在哪里 我知道他在这里 |
[08:20] | Aaron. Sleep it off. | 艾伦 回去把酒劲睡过去吧 |
[08:30] | Cops had asked me about him the first time around. | 第一次调查时 警察也问过我他的事 |
[08:33] | He was an idiot, but | 他是个白痴 不过 |
[08:36] | not a killer. | 他不会杀人 |
[08:37] | You and Aaron ever compare notes | 你和艾伦有没有讨论过 |
[08:39] | on who this other guy might have been? | 这个人可能是谁 |
[08:40] | Aaron and I never compared anything. | 艾伦和我从没讨论过任何事 |
[08:43] | He got sick after that. | 那之后他就病了 |
[08:45] | Sick? | 病了 |
[08:46] | I heard it was Gulf War Syndrome. | 我听说是海湾战争综合症 |
[08:50] | Sounds like Vanessa’s ex saw her | 看来温妮莎的前男友看到她 |
[08:52] | with the new admirer the day she died. | 遇害当天和她的新仰慕者在一起 |
[08:54] | You’ve gone to him? | 你们去找他了吗 |
[08:55] | He was too sick to see us today. | 他病情太重 今天不能见我们 |
[08:56] | We’ll go back tomorrow. | 我们明天再去 |
[08:57] | That was Walter’s partner. | 跟沃尔特的搭档刚通完话 |
[08:59] | He remembers the Prosser case? | 他记得普罗瑟的案子吗 |
[09:01] | Remembers Darren Clemen, too. | 还记得达伦·克莱门呢 |
[09:02] | Said he started coming around few years back, | 说他从几年前就开始一直来找他 |
[09:04] | had a bunch of theories on how the girl died. | 有一堆关于那女孩死因的推测 |
[09:06] | What, he came with here with theories? | 他来讲他的推测 |
[09:08] | Thought it was some kind of political conspiracy. | 他觉得是某种政治阴谋 |
[09:11] | So, he was trying to solve her murder. | 那么他是想破这起凶案 |
[09:14] | Why was he interested in Vanessa? | 他为什么对温妮莎感兴趣 |
[09:15] | We still don’t have a connection. | 我们还是找不到联系 |
[09:17] | Maybe we do. | 可能找到了 |
[09:18] | Remember all the blood at the Clemen scene? | 还记得克莱门案子现场的那些血吗 |
[09:20] | The autopsy explained it, he was a hemophilliac. | 尸检报告说他有血友病 |
[09:22] | Like Vanessa. | 跟温妮莎一样 |
[09:23] | Wait, it’s hereditary? | 等等 这病是遗传的吗 |
[09:25] | Coroner says yes. Females are just carriers, | 验尸官说是的 女性只是携带者 |
[09:27] | But some show symptoms. | 但也有些人也会表现症状 |
[09:29] | Blood relation. | 血亲 |
[09:30] | Vanessa was Darren Clemen’s daughter? | 温妮莎是达伦·克莱门的女儿吗 |
[09:39] | Yes, he was Vanessa’s father. | 对 他是温妮莎的父亲 |
[09:44] | It wasn’t even an affair. It was just one night. | 都算不上是婚外情 就是一夜情罢了 |
[09:49] | You were already married? | 你当时已经结婚了吗 |
[09:51] | Darren was my high school sweetheart. | 达伦是我高中时的男友 |
[09:55] | We had our ten year reunion. His pals had a suite upstairs. | 我们十年聚会时 他朋友在楼上有间房 |
[10:00] | Old time’s sake? | 重温旧情吗 |
[10:02] | Stupid, | 我真傻 |
[10:04] | very stupid. | 太傻了 |
[10:06] | My husband doesn’t know and neither did Vanessa. | 我丈夫不知道 温妮莎也不知道 |
[10:10] | Did Darren keep in touch? | 达伦后来联系过你吗 |
[10:12] | No. | 没有 |
[10:14] | No, we agreed on that. | 没有 这点我们达成一致 |
[10:15] | We had separate lives till three years ago. | 我们各过各的 直到三年前 |
[10:19] | When he started looking into Vanessa’s death? | 他开始调查温妮莎的谋杀案吗 |
[10:21] | His wife had died. Said he was trying to fill the void. | 他妻子死了 他说他想填补空虚 |
[10:25] | Any idea who he suspected? | 知道他怀疑谁吗 |
[10:27] | No. | 不知道 |
[10:29] | I let him look through Vanessa’s things | 我让他翻了温妮莎的东西 |
[10:30] | and then I asked him not to come back. | 然后让他别再来了 |
[10:33] | I had just lost my daughter. | 我才失去了我女儿 |
[10:35] | I couldn’t risk losing my husband, too. | 我不能再失去我丈夫了 |
[10:42] | If Clemen was looking into Vanessa’s murder | 如果克莱门当时在调查温妮莎的谋杀案 |
[10:44] | and got too close to the truth, | 又太接近真相 |
[10:46] | that could explain his death, too. | 说不定就是他的死因 |
[10:47] | So we’re thinking one doer for both murders. | 那这两起命案就是同一人所为 |
[10:50] | We gotta find out what Clemen knew. | 我们得查出克莱门查到了什么 |
[10:52] | Who he was after. | 他在追查谁 |
[10:54] | Where you been, Scotty? | 你去哪里了 史考特 |
[10:55] | Charming the pants off for a 90-year-old | 色诱一位九十高龄的 |
[10:57] | historian who works for the DNC. | 民主党全国委员会的历史学家 |
[10:58] | You get the photo? | 你拿到照片了吗 |
[11:00] | Everyone on the regional campaign in ’92, | 有92年参加地区竞选活动的每位成员 |
[11:02] | taken at the day of the election. | 在选举日拍的 |
[11:03] | Vanessa’s ex came to the party looking for her new guy. | 温妮莎的前男友来派对上找她的新男友 |
[11:06] | Maybe the new guy’s here. | 或许新男友就在这里面 |
[11:11] | Who’s Kite with? | 凯特跟谁在一起呢 |
[11:13] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[11:16] | – I heard you and him were.. – Yeah, I don’t know. | -我听说你和他… -是 我也不知道 |
[11:21] | Let’s go see if Aaron’s feeling better. | 我们去看看艾伦是不是好些了 |
[11:28] | Whatever it is, I was here watching TV. | 不管你们问什么 我当时都在这里看电视 |
[11:31] | It’s about Vanessa Prosser. | 是关于温妮莎·普罗瑟的 |
[11:35] | Of course, it is. | 那是当然 |
[11:38] | The night of her murder, | 她被杀当晚 |
[11:39] | you showed up at the election party pretty upset. | 你气冲冲地出现在选举派对上 |
[11:41] | Look at your records. | 翻翻你们的笔录 |
[11:43] | I’ve had this conversation a hundred times already. | 这些话我都说过一百遍了 |
[11:46] | Let’s make it hundred and one. | 那就再说一百零一遍 |
[11:47] | It was the turkey talking, bourbon. | 我当时说的是胡话 因为波本酒 |
[11:52] | I’ve been drinking all day. | 我喝了一整天 |
[11:54] | Can you turn off the cooking show? | 能把烹饪节目关掉吗 |
[12:00] | Before I went to the gulf, Vanessa and I got engaged. | 我去海湾之前 温妮莎和我订婚了 |
[12:05] | When I got back, she was supposed to be waiting for me. | 我回来的时候 她应该还在等我 |
[12:08] | And instead she found someone new? | 而她却另寻新欢了 |
[12:12] | Could you ID her new boyfriend from a picture? | 你能从这张照片上认出她的新男友吗 |
[12:19] | Him. Glasses, front. | 他 四眼男 最前排 |
[12:22] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[12:23] | 100 %. | 完全确定 |
[12:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:37] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[12:39] | – I voted, did you? – Yeah. | -我投票了 你呢 -投了 |
[12:42] | You know, I consider myself a reasonably smart guy, | 你知道 我自认为还挺聪明的 |
[12:45] | – but those ballots are confusing. – I know. | -但投票这事可真让人犯糊涂 -是啊 |
[12:47] | What happens if you don’t knock out little square all the way? | 要是你不把小方格涂满会怎样呢 |
[12:50] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[13:08] | David Lake. | 大卫·雷克 |
[13:11] | I know that name. | 这名字我听过 |
[13:19] | Abbey Lake. | 我是艾比·雷克 |
[13:20] | Congressman’s chief of staff. | 国会议员幕僚长 |
[13:22] | Detectives Rush and Valens. | 我是拉什探员 这位是瓦伦斯探员 |
[13:25] | Sister, not wife. Everyone makes that mistake. | 我是他姐姐 不是他妻子 大家总弄错 |
[13:28] | We’re here to talk to David. | 我们是来找大卫的 |
[13:29] | Oh, sorry, he’s in Washington. | 抱歉 他在华盛顿 |
[13:31] | Maybe I can help? | 或许我能帮上你们 |
[13:33] | We’re looking into an old homicide. | 我们在调查一桩以前的凶案 |
[13:35] | Vanessa Prosser? | 记得温妮莎·普罗瑟吗 |
[13:38] | That was awful. | 真是桩惨案 |
[13:39] | She was a really nice girl. | 她是个好女孩 |
[13:41] | We heard she and your brother might have been involved. | 我们听说她当时可能在与你弟弟恋爱 |
[13:44] | Her and David? | 她和大卫 |
[13:46] | No. | 不可能 |
[13:47] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[13:48] | A lot of girls in the campaign were charmed by David. | 参与竞选活动的很多女孩都为大卫倾倒 |
[13:51] | It’s the story of his life. | 他总遇到这种事 |
[13:53] | Occupational hazard. | 也算是职业危害吧 |
[13:54] | Vanessa was a lot like the other girls. | 温妮莎跟其他女孩没什么不同 |
[13:57] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[14:00] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[14:01] | Are we in a hurry? | 我们有急事吗 |
[14:03] | We have a conference call in an hour. | 一个小时后有个电话会议 |
[14:05] | That’s right. | 对了 |
[14:07] | We’ll see you at the party? | 我们派对见了 |
[14:08] | David, I have something I want to … | 大卫 我有事想… |
[14:10] | The polls close in four hours. | 投票还有四小时就结束了 |
[14:10] | We need you on the phones. | 我们需要你参加这个会议 |
[14:12] | Final push. | 最后一搏 |
[14:14] | You’ll see him tonight, Vanessa. | 你今晚就能见到他 温妮莎 |
[14:20] | She was sweet, | 她人很好 |
[14:22] | but young, naive. | 但是年轻 天真 |
[14:24] | Starstruck? | 迷上大明星了 |
[14:26] | David’s only human. He gets flattered. | 大卫也是人 被人夸也会飘飘然 |
[14:30] | Part of my job was and is keeping him focused. | 一直以来我工作的一部分就是让他专心 |
[14:33] | Still, we’d like to talk to your brother. | 不过 我们还是想跟你弟弟谈谈 |
[14:37] | Soon as he’s back in town. | 他很快就会回来了 |
[14:39] | I’m here at the local democratic election party | 我目前在本地的民主党选举派对上 |
[14:42] | where hundreds of volunteers have helped Bill Clinton… | 几百名志愿者帮助比尔·克林顿 |
[14:44] | 11:15, election night. | 选举当晚 11点15分 |
[14:47] | Abbey Lake, David’s sister. | 艾比·雷克 大卫的姐姐 |
[14:49] | And the future congressman himself. | 还有未来的国会议员先生 |
[14:52] | No Vanessa, though. | 倒是没看到温妮莎 |
[14:54] | Could be out of frame. | 可能是没拍到 |
[14:56] | Could be dead. | 可能是死了 |
[14:58] | We think Lake had a relationship with Vanessa? | 你们怀疑雷克和温妮莎有染吗 |
[15:00] | His sister says no. | 他姐姐说没有 |
[15:01] | Well, we’ll see if his handwriting | 我们可以查查他的笔迹 |
[15:02] | matches that letter found on her body. | 跟她尸体上发现的信相不相符 |
[15:04] | Be delicate, Scotty. | 小心处理 史考特 |
[15:05] | He runs to his friends in the mayor’s office, | 他要是跑去找他在市长办公室的朋友 |
[15:07] | I’m the one who gets the call. | 我就该挨批了 |
[15:09] | What else do we know about him? | 还有他的什么资料 |
[15:10] | Been in Washington since 1992, elected to congress two years ago. | 从92年就在华盛顿 两年前当选国会议员 |
[15:14] | Went to Princeton, Columbia law. | 普林斯顿毕业后就读于哥伦比亚法学院 |
[15:15] | Raised up north in Redding. | 在北部莱丁区长大的 |
[15:17] | Redding? | 莱丁区 |
[15:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:20] | My victim made a couple calls to Redding the day he got shot. | 我查的死者遇害当日往莱丁区打了几通电话 |
[15:24] | Clemen did? | 克莱门吗 |
[15:25] | Yeah. To a guy named Marvin Dobie. | 对 打给一个叫马文·窦比的 |
[15:35] | Marvin Dobie? | 马文·窦比吗 |
[15:36] | Philadelphia homicide. | 费城凶案组 |
[15:38] | Yeah, so? | 是我 什么事 |
[15:39] | Hey, nice. Custom job. | 不错 订制的 |
[15:41] | Bamboo rod, Tailwater reel. | 竹质鱼竿 溯流牌的绕线轮 |
[15:44] | Expensive hobby. | 烧钱的爱好 |
[15:45] | Convictions for fraud, forgery, bad checks. | 曾因诈骗 伪造 开空头支票被定罪 |
[15:48] | Which of those hobbies got you that rod? | 哪个爱好帮你挣来那根钓鱼竿的 |
[15:50] | What do you want from me? | 你们找我干什么 |
[15:53] | You know a guy named Darren Clemen? | 你认识一个叫达伦·克莱门的人吗 |
[15:55] | Nah. | 不认识 |
[15:56] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:57] | He called you last week. | 他上周给你打过电话 |
[15:58] | Well, maybe he got a wrong number. | 他大概是打错了 |
[16:00] | Talk to wrong numbers for six minutes? | 跟打错了的人讲了六分钟 |
[16:02] | Maybe I got lonely. | 我大概是寂寞了 |
[16:03] | Clemen got killed later that day. | 克莱门那天晚些时候被杀了 |
[16:05] | You know anything about that? | 你知道这事吗 |
[16:06] | Dead, whoa. | 死了 |
[16:08] | Know him now? | 现在认识他了吗 |
[16:10] | How about her? Name’s Vanessa Prosser. | 那她呢 她叫温妮莎·普罗瑟 |
[16:13] | Sorry, anyone else? | 抱歉 还让我看谁 |
[16:16] | How about congressman David Lake? | 国会议员大卫·雷克呢 |
[16:18] | Yeah, I’ll have him, he’s from the neighborhood. | 是啊 我知道他 他以前住在这个街区 |
[16:20] | You friendly? | 你们熟吗 |
[16:21] | I wouldn’t say that. | 算不上 |
[16:23] | Look, I gotta get to the scrap yard. | 听着 我得去废料场了 |
[16:25] | This your writing? | 这是你写的吗 |
[16:29] | No, man. That’s the architect. | 不是 那是建筑师写的 |
[16:30] | They all write like that. | 他们都写那种字 |
[16:34] | Old set of blueprints from Dobie. Check on the print. | 窦比那里要来的旧蓝图 看看字体 |
[16:37] | Here’s the letter from Vanessa’s pocket. Compare this two. | 这是温妮莎口袋里的信 对比一下 |
[16:40] | Dobie’s architect wrote Vanessa a love letter? | 窦比的建筑师给温妮莎写了封情书吗 |
[16:43] | – They almost match. – Almost. | -几乎能对上 -差不多 |
[16:44] | This is called lettering. | 这叫工程字书写体 |
[16:46] | You look at any set of plans, it basically looks like this. | 你看任何一幅方案图 差不多都是这样 |
[16:48] | All architects print this way for clarity. | 所有的建筑师都这么写 为了看清楚 |
[16:50] | So, it’s hard to tell one from the next. | 那就是很难分清是谁写的 |
[16:51] | And we only got one architect in this investigation. | 而我们这次调查中只有一个建筑师 |
[16:55] | Beth Reardon. | 贝丝·里尔顿 |
[17:05] | Where did you find this? | 你们在哪里找到的 |
[17:07] | It was in Vanessa’s pocket. | 在温妮莎的口袋里找到的 |
[17:09] | It’s your writing, isn’t it? | 是你的笔迹 对吗 |
[17:13] | I guess I was kind of in love with her. | 我想我当时是爱上她了 |
[17:19] | It’s my fault she died. | 她死都是我的错 |
[17:21] | Why do you say that? | 怎么了 |
[17:24] | We went outside. | 我们跑了出去 |
[17:25] | I knew something was bothering her. | 我知道她心里有事 |
[17:35] | Don’t worry about Aaron. | 别担心艾伦了 |
[17:37] | He’ll regret it all in the morning. | 他早上就会觉得后悔了 |
[17:39] | I’m not. | 我没担心他 |
[17:43] | Then what are you worried about? | 那你在担心什么 |
[17:48] | You’re not telling me something. | 你有事瞒着我 |
[17:53] | You ever wish you could just go backwards | 你有没有希望过能回到过去 |
[17:57] | and unlearn something? | 把某些事从记忆中抹去 |
[18:00] | Like? | 什么意思 |
[18:06] | I just want things to be simple. | 我只是希望事情能简简单单的 |
[18:08] | But they’re a mess. | 可现在却一团乱 |
[18:14] | Tell me what you mean. | 告诉我这话什么意思 |
[18:19] | I can’t. | 我不能说 |
[18:33] | – Beth. – I’m sorry. | -贝丝 -对不起 |
[18:37] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[18:41] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[18:49] | Just read. | 看了就知道了 |
[18:58] | I was awry that night. | 我那晚犯了个错 |
[19:01] | If I hadn’t left, maybe she’d still be alive. | 我要是没走 她可能就不会死 |
[19:05] | You told the first detectives | 你跟第一位探员说 |
[19:06] | you were at home the rest of the night. | 你后来一直在家 |
[19:08] | Passed out on my bathroom floor. | 我醉倒在浴室地板上 |
[19:10] | So no alibi, then? | 那就没有不在场证明了 |
[19:11] | That’s my alibi. | 那就是我的不在场证明 |
[19:12] | That’s where I was. | 我那晚就在家里 |
[19:14] | How about this past Thursday night? | 那刚过去的周四晚上呢 |
[19:16] | I was in the ER. My son had an asthma attack. | 在急诊室 我儿子哮喘病发 |
[19:21] | Did Vanessa ever mention the name Marvin Dobie? | 温妮莎有没有提到过马文·窦比 |
[19:24] | Ex-con from Redding. | 是住在莱丁区的前科犯 |
[19:26] | No bells? | 想起来什么吗 |
[19:27] | Redding. | 莱丁区 |
[19:29] | Um, she took a bus to Redding, a few days before the election. | 选举日前几天 她乘公车去了趟莱丁区 |
[19:33] | She say why? | 她说原因了吗 |
[19:36] | I heard her on the phone checking schedules. | 我听到她打电话询问公车时刻表 |
[19:39] | When I asked her about about it, | 但我问起的时候 |
[19:42] | she changed the subject. | 她就换了个话题 |
[19:44] | Darren Clemen calls Dobie in Redding, | 达伦·克莱门给莱丁区的窦比打了个电话 |
[19:45] | ends up dead. | 就死了 |
[19:47] | Vanessa goes to Redding. | 温妮莎去了趟莱丁区 |
[19:49] | Probably to contact Dobie. | 可能是去找窦比了 |
[19:51] | Same ending. | 也死了 |
[19:52] | All roads lead to Redding. | 真是条条大路通莱丁区 |
[19:54] | Congressman’s hometown. | 国会议员之乡 |
[19:56] | Believe me, I understand the need for low income housing. | 相信我 我了解对保障性住房的需求 |
[19:58] | I come from humble beginnings, and if it were up to me, | 我也是穷人家出身 要是我说了算 |
[20:01] | we’d break ground tomorrow. | 我们明天就破土动工 |
[20:03] | But we just simply don’t have the resources. | 但我们就是没有资源 |
[20:07] | Me siento mucho. | 对不起[西班牙语] |
[20:11] | He just told them he sets down a lot. | 他刚跟他们说他经常打白条 |
[20:13] | Gracias, gracias. Thank you for coming. | 谢谢 谢谢[西班牙语] 谢谢你们能来 |
[20:18] | How are you? | 你们好 |
[20:20] | Vanessa and I worked on the campaign together. | 温妮莎和我曾一起为竞选活动工作 |
[20:22] | That all you did together? | 没一起做点别的什么事吗 |
[20:26] | We hear you may have been more than co-workers. | 我们听说你们不止是同事那么简单 |
[20:28] | Excuse me, just had LASIK. | 抱歉 才做了镭射视力矫正手术 |
[20:31] | Put it off as long as I could. | 我尽量延后手术 |
[20:34] | 2400 in both eyes. | 两只眼睛都2400度 |
[20:36] | Contacts never seem to fit right. | 戴隐形眼镜总是不舒服 |
[20:38] | This a fillibuster, congressman? | 你这是拖延战术吗 议员 |
[20:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:43] | Vanessa and I were involved. | 温妮莎和我确实相恋 |
[20:45] | But you kept it quiet. | 但你把恋情保密了 |
[20:46] | Well, I didn’t want more than one people in the campaign to know. | 我不想竞选活动里再有别人知道 |
[20:49] | And after Vanessa died? | 那温妮莎死后呢 |
[20:51] | My coming forward wouldn’t have helped. | 我说出真相也于事无补 |
[20:52] | Wouldn’t helped you. | 是对你没帮助 |
[20:54] | I had no information. | 我没什么可说的 |
[20:56] | And I was concerned about being | 而且我也怕 |
[20:58] | associated with an event like that. | 跟这种事有联系 |
[21:00] | Even though it was your girlfriend that got killed? | 即使死者是你的女友吗 |
[21:02] | She wasn’t though. | 但她不是我女友 |
[21:04] | We broke things off that night. | 我们那晚分手了 |
[21:12] | You been avoiding me? | 你在躲我吗 |
[21:15] | No, I think you have that reversed. | 没有 我觉得你说反了 |
[21:18] | Where’s your friend? | 你朋友呢 |
[21:20] | She went home. | 她回家了 |
[21:22] | And the ex-boyfriend? | 那前男友呢 |
[21:24] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[21:26] | Don’t care. | 不关心 |
[21:29] | V, I’ve been offered a position | 小温 我收到了一份工作邀请 |
[21:32] | In Washington. | 是在华盛顿 |
[21:35] | – That’s great. – Yeah. | -太好了 -是啊 |
[21:38] | That’s what you wanted. | 那是你梦寐以求的 |
[21:44] | Thing is, | 可是 |
[21:47] | it wouldn’t make sense for us to make this long distance. | 我们要是异地恋就没必要了 |
[21:56] | I thought the idea was that we were | 我还以为我们要 |
[21:58] | gonna go to Washington together, not break up. | 一起去华盛顿 而不是分手 |
[22:02] | Things have a way of turning on a dime in this business. | 这一行里变数太多 |
[22:10] | Is it because of Abbey? | 是因为艾比吗 |
[22:16] | What did Abbey have to do with it? | 艾比跟这事有什么关系 |
[22:18] | She was always worried about loose ends with the girls I dated. | 她总是担心我跟前女友有瓜葛 |
[22:23] | You ever get back to your humble beginnings in Redding? | 你回过你莱丁区贫贱的出生地吗 |
[22:27] | Not really, no time. | 没有 没时间去 |
[22:29] | Cuz Vanessa did. | 但是温妮莎去了 |
[22:31] | Yeah, went to see a guy named Marvin Dobie. | 去见一个叫马文·窦比的人 |
[22:35] | I don’t know the name. | 我不知道这人 |
[22:36] | Says he lived in your neighborhood. | 他说他就住在你家附近 |
[22:38] | I pride myself on my ability to remember people. | 我一直为自己记人的本事而引以为傲 |
[22:45] | Thanks for being frank with us. | 谢谢你跟我们说实话 |
[22:47] | If there’s one thing I learned from Bill Clinton, | 要说我从比尔·克林顿那里学到了什么 |
[22:49] | Never lie about that sort of thing. | 那就是永远别在那种事上撒谎 |
[22:54] | Maybe he didn’t lie about Vanessa. | 或许他在温妮莎的事上没撒谎 |
[22:57] | He lied about Dobie. | 但他在窦比的事上撒谎了 |
[22:59] | You found a connection? | 你找到联系了 |
[23:00] | Yeah, pulled the forms to see who posted bail | 对 我找出假释表格看窦比77年 |
[23:01] | on Dobie’s arrest. Fraud, ’77. | 因诈骗入狱时是谁付的假释金 |
[23:04] | 5000 dollar bond posted by Linda Savis. | 琳达·萨维斯付了五千块保释金 |
[23:06] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[23:08] | Got her own record for prostitution, | 她自己有卖淫记录 |
[23:09] | but only once under that name. | 但只用过一次那个名字 |
[23:10] | In her married year, she was known as.. | 婚后 她改名为… |
[23:12] | Linda Lake. | 琳达·雷克 |
[23:13] | Mother of David and Abbey. | 大卫和艾比的妈妈 |
[23:15] | What did she had to do with Dobie? | 她跟窦比什么关系 |
[23:16] | Shared an address for an year. | 有一年两人的地址是一样的 |
[23:18] | Probably a boyfriend. | 大概是她男友 |
[23:20] | So Dobie didn’t live in the same neighborhood with David Lake. | 这么说窦比不是住在大卫·雷克家附近 |
[23:23] | He lived in the same house. | 他们是住在一个屋檐下 |
[23:24] | And Lake can’t place the name. | 雷克还说他记不住这人 |
[23:26] | Which is doubly curious considering the checks he’s been writing. | 就他写的这些支票而言 就更令人生疑了 |
[23:29] | Marvin Dobie | 马文·窦比 |
[23:30] | has been getting payments from a trust since the late eighties, | 从80年代后期就有个信托一直给他付钱 |
[23:34] | a trust set up by David Lake. | 这个信托是大卫·雷克设立的 |
[23:36] | Had the congressman giving Dobie a financial support? | 议员一直在给窦比钱吗 |
[23:38] | But what is Dobie giving him? | 可窦比又给了他什么 |
[23:43] | You said you didn’t know Darren Clemen. | 你说你不认识达伦·克莱门 |
[23:45] | Or Vanessa Prosser. | 也不认识温妮莎·普罗瑟 |
[23:46] | We think you did though and now they’re both dead. | 我们觉得你认识他们 而他们都死了 |
[23:48] | Not cuz of me. | 不是我的原因 |
[23:49] | Cuz of something you know then? | 那跟你知道的秘密有关吗 |
[23:51] | You also lied about congressman Lake. | 你还在国会议员雷克的事上撒谎了 |
[23:53] | Not only did you know him, | 你不仅认识他 |
[23:55] | you lived in his house when he was a teenager. | 他十多岁时 你就住在他家 |
[23:58] | I ain’t talking about Lake. | 我不会谈雷克的事 |
[23:59] | Don’t want them checks to stop coming. | 不想断了你的财路吗 |
[24:01] | Someone’s going away for this girl’s murder. | 总有人要为这女孩的死负责 |
[24:03] | Comes down to you or Lake, | 最后查到你和雷克身上 |
[24:04] | who do you think gets the benefit of the doubt? | 你觉得谁能脱罪 |
[24:06] | The congressman or the ex-con? | 是国会议员 还是前科犯 |
[24:11] | Lake has resources, lawyers, status. | 雷克有财力 有律师 有地位 |
[24:15] | What have you got? | 你有什么 |
[24:16] | Self respect. | 自尊 |
[24:17] | That’s more than he can say. | 这个他就没有了 |
[24:24] | You tell me I don’t get rung up on some extortion rap. | 你们保证我不会因为勒索被起诉 |
[24:28] | And I tell you what you wanna know. | 我就说你们想听的 |
[24:32] | I think we can sell that to the D.A. | 我想我们能跟地检官达成协议 |
[24:36] | Clemen called me up. | 克莱门打电话给我 |
[24:38] | Said he found my name in this girl’s stuff. | 说他在这女孩的东西里看到了我的名字 |
[24:40] | How that happened, I don’t know. | 我不知道那是怎么回事 |
[24:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:44] | Asked what I knew about her getting killed. | 他问我知不知道有关她遇害的事 |
[24:46] | What’d you tell him? | 你跟他说什么了 |
[24:47] | Nothing to tell. | 没什么好说的 |
[24:49] | I didn’t know she was dead. | 我不知道她死了 |
[24:54] | I met her that one time. That’s all I knew of her. | 我就见过她一次 再就不知道了 |
[24:57] | So Vanessa did visit you in ’92. | 这么说温妮莎92年来找过你 |
[25:01] | I don’t know how she found me. | 我不知道她怎么找到我的 |
[25:03] | She just showed up at my door, out of the blue. | 她就是突然找上门来 |
[25:07] | Why does David Lake send you money? | 大卫·雷克为什么要付你钱 |
[25:10] | David who, darling? | 大卫谁啊 亲爱的 |
[25:11] | Look, I’m not looking for trouble. I just.. | 听着 我不想找你麻烦 我只是… |
[25:14] | I just wanna know why. | 我只想知道原因 |
[25:22] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[25:25] | He writes you checks. I’ve seen them. | 他给你写支票 我看到了 |
[25:30] | Are you some kind of a reporter? | 你是记者吗 |
[25:33] | No. | 不是 |
[25:34] | I’m a friend. | 我是他朋友 |
[25:41] | You go home, little girl. | 回家吧 小丫头 |
[25:43] | Buy yourself some shoes, take your mind off of things. | 给自己买双鞋 别去想这件事 |
[25:46] | I don’t know what you’re doing, | 我不知道你在干什么 |
[25:49] | But I know enough to call the police. | 但我知道的事足够去报警了 |
[26:00] | Why don’t you just ask David? | 你为什么不直接问大卫 |
[26:03] | I did. | 我问过 |
[26:05] | He won’t tell me anything. | 他什么都不肯跟我说 |
[26:11] | You aren’t just a friend of his, aren’t you? | 你不仅是他的朋友吧 |
[26:16] | God, I almost feel bad for you. | 天呐 我都为你感到难过了 |
[26:27] | Why did you feel bad for her? | 你为什么为她感到难过 |
[26:29] | She was in over her head. | 她是被爱情冲昏了头 |
[26:32] | See, | 你看 |
[26:33] | David and his sister Abbey, | 大卫和他姐姐艾比 |
[26:37] | they were more than friends, too. | 他们也不仅是朋友 |
[26:48] | Brother and sister. | 他们姐弟俩 |
[26:50] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:52] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:54] | Dobie caught them a few times while he was living with them. | 窦比跟他们住在一起时 有几次捉奸在床 |
[26:57] | He have proof? | 他有证据吗 |
[26:58] | What, like pictures? | 比如照片吗 |
[26:59] | – Yeah. – No, no pictures. | -对 -不 没有照片 |
[27:01] | But David and Abbey were worried enough | 但也足够让大卫和艾比提心吊胆 |
[27:03] | to be paying him off for past 20 years. | 付了二十年的封口费给他 |
[27:05] | Man, I voted for this guy. | 天啊 我还给这家伙投票了 |
[27:07] | Dobie told Vanessa Prosser about it. | 窦比跟温妮莎·普罗瑟说了这事 |
[27:09] | We think she went and confronted the happy couple. | 我们觉得她去跟这对快乐的小两口对质了 |
[27:12] | And got killed for it. | 并因此被灭口 |
[27:13] | And last week, Dobie called the congressman | 然后上周 窦比打电话给议员 |
[27:15] | to report that Darren Clemen was sniffing around. | 报告说达伦·克莱门在四处打听 |
[27:17] | Few hours later, Clemen ends up with two in the head. | 几小时后 克莱门就头中两枪 |
[27:20] | But Lake was in D.C. that day. | 但是雷克那天在华府 |
[27:21] | Dobie says Abbey took the call. | 窦比说是艾比接的电话 |
[27:24] | So you think Abbey did both jobs. | 那你是觉得两起案子都是艾比干的 |
[27:26] | When it comes to her brother, | 有关她弟弟的事 |
[27:28] | Abbey takes care of everything. | 艾比总能妥善处理 |
[27:31] | Dobie’s got a sheet like a War and Peace, Kite. | 窦比的犯罪记录能写本书了 凯特 |
[27:33] | Maybe he can be compelled to testify. | 或许能强迫他作证 |
[27:35] | Hearsay from a repeat felon won’t buy you much. | 重罪惯犯的话是没有说服力的 |
[27:38] | You wanna get our murderer? | 你想擒拿凶手吗 |
[27:39] | You gotta get her to talk. | 你得撬开她的嘴 |
[27:44] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我没杀过人 |
[27:45] | What would give you an idea like that? | 什么事会让你们这么想呢 |
[27:48] | Not what, | 不是什么事 |
[27:49] | who. | 是什么人 |
[27:51] | Acquaintance of yours. Kind of an in-law actually. | 是你的熟人 也算是你的家人 |
[27:55] | Marvin Dobie. | 马文·窦比 |
[27:57] | What rock did he crawl out from under? | 他从哪个坑里钻出来的 |
[28:00] | You should know. | 你该知道的 |
[28:02] | You paid for it. | 是你买的单 |
[28:03] | Hush money couldn’t keep him quiet though. | 封口费还是没起到作用 |
[28:06] | Your own brother, Abbey? | 你的亲弟弟 艾比 |
[28:07] | My own brother what? | 我亲弟弟怎么了 |
[28:09] | When it gets out David Lake took advantage of his sister | 你们十几岁时 大卫·雷克占姐姐便宜 |
[28:11] | when they were teenagers. | 这事要是传出去 |
[28:13] | That’ll finish him. | 他就玩完了 |
[28:14] | Do you have any idea how that sounds? | 你知道这听起来多疯狂吗 |
[28:16] | I know how it’s gonna read. | 我知道这会成为爆炸性新闻 |
[28:18] | – National Enquirer, Star. – The Jit papers, too. | -《国家问讯报》 《星报》 -还有些新闻报刊 |
[28:21] | Now, they’ll stop the presses for this one. | 他们绝对会插入这条爆炸性新闻 |
[28:23] | That would be slander, we’d sue you. | 那是诽谤 我们会告你们的 |
[28:25] | By that time, everyone will know. | 到那时都已经人尽皆知了 |
[28:30] | Canon, ring a bell? | 教规还记得起来吗 |
[28:32] | That charming brother of yours won’t have a career left. | 你的万人迷弟弟仕途就毁了 |
[28:35] | Maybe that’s what Abbey wants. | 或许这就是艾比的目的 |
[28:38] | To have her favorite guy all to herself. | 宝贝弟弟只归她所有 |
[28:41] | That’s why you killed Vanessa, isn’t it? | 所有你才杀了温妮莎 对不对 |
[28:43] | What do you say, Abbey? | 你说要怎么办 艾比 |
[28:45] | We call up the gossip rags or you start spilling. | 我们去联系八卦杂志 还是你坦白交代 |
[28:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:56] | I need assurances. | 我需要你们的保证 |
[29:05] | What kind? | 什么样的保证 |
[29:07] | You keep certain things out of the press. | 有些事不能见报 |
[29:10] | They’ll come out at trial. | 庭审的时候还是会被曝光 |
[29:12] | Not if I plead guilty. | 如果我认罪就不会 |
[29:17] | David didn’t take advantage of me, I was older. | 大卫没占我便宜 我比他大 |
[29:22] | It was me. | 是我主动的 |
[29:25] | And Vanessa found this out? | 被温妮莎发现了 |
[29:27] | She should’ve minded her own business. | 她不该多管闲事 |
[29:31] | Adams Morgan. | 亚当斯·摩根 |
[29:33] | How about Georgetown? | 乔治城怎么样 |
[29:37] | It’d be so great if we could work at the White House. | 要是我们能一起在白宫工作多好 |
[29:40] | Assuming Clinton wins. | 克林顿胜出就行 |
[29:43] | We could get an apartment together. | 我们可以搬到一间公寓里 |
[29:45] | Dog? | 养条狗 |
[29:47] | Cat. | 养猫吧 |
[29:48] | Both. | 都养吧 |
[29:51] | I wanna go to every museum on the Mall. | 我想逛遍林荫大道上的每家博物馆 |
[29:54] | It’s easy train trip back to Philly. | 乘火车回费城很方便 |
[29:56] | It would be great, V. | 不错 小温 |
[30:16] | Abbey. | 艾比 |
[30:17] | Sorry, it’s late, I know. | 抱歉 我知道现在很晚 |
[30:21] | How long have you been standing there? | 你在那里站了多久 |
[30:23] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:25] | I just got here. | 我刚到 |
[30:27] | I need you to sign some checks. | 我需要你签几张支票 |
[30:31] | 6000, now? | 现在都六千了 |
[30:33] | That’s his new number. | 他现在就要这个数 |
[30:35] | Forget it, we can’t let him keep raising the amount. | 不行 不能让他一直这么坐地起价 |
[30:40] | You want a future in the public eye, | 你想做公众人物 |
[30:44] | you pay him. | 就得付他钱 |
[31:00] | Then we get a girl curious. | 然后就引发了一个女孩的好奇心 |
[31:03] | If I’d been more successful at deflecting her, | 如果我当时能把她引开 |
[31:09] | I wouldn’t have had to do what I did. | 我也不用那么做了 |
[31:12] | Which was? | 你做了什么 |
[31:14] | I sent her down the stairs of the hotel parking garage, | 我把她从酒店停车库的楼梯上推了下去 |
[31:16] | then dumped her from the bridge. | 然后把她从桥上丢了下去 |
[31:18] | All for David’s brilliant career? | 都是为了大卫的辉煌事业吗 |
[31:21] | I owed him | 是我欠他的 |
[31:23] | for what I did when we were young. | 因为我年轻时犯的错 |
[31:28] | And David agreed to sweep the sound of the rug? | 大卫也同意闭口不提吗 |
[31:31] | He doesn’t know anything. | 他什么都不知道 |
[31:32] | What about Clemen? | 克莱门呢 |
[31:34] | Doesn’t know about him either. | 那事他也不知道 |
[31:35] | You admit to shooting him? | 你承认是你枪杀他了吗 |
[31:37] | Two shots. | 两枪 |
[31:38] | He was as close as you are right now. | 他就像你现在站的这么近 |
[31:42] | That was your 38? | 用的是你的点38手枪吗 |
[31:45] | It was a 25. | 是把点25手枪 |
[31:47] | You can find it in my apartment. | 在我的公寓里能找到那把枪 |
[31:50] | Hey, we got a gun. | 我们找到枪了 |
[31:52] | Ballistics will test fire and compare but she looks good for it. | 弹道科会试射对比 但应该就是她 |
[31:55] | Well, that’ll make the bosses happy. | 上司们该高兴了 |
[31:56] | Better her than the congressman. | 罪犯是她 总比是议员强 |
[31:58] | You were getting nervous upstairs, huh? | 你刚在楼上紧张了吧 |
[32:00] | Can I show you something? | 我能给你们看样东西吗 |
[32:08] | He ain’t wearing his glasses. | 他没戴眼镜 |
[32:12] | – So? – So, | -所以呢 -所以 |
[32:16] | Where’d they go? | 眼镜去哪里了 |
[32:18] | I lose mine three times a day, Scotty. | 我的眼镜也每天丢三遍 史考特 |
[32:20] | You’re not blind without them. | 你没眼镜不会看不到 |
[32:21] | Lake said he had 2400 vision. | 雷克说他有2400度 |
[32:24] | What’s your theory? | 你的推论呢 |
[32:25] | Maybe lost them in a struggle. | 可能是打斗中丢的 |
[32:29] | Abbey’s taking the fall. | 艾比在背黑锅 |
[32:30] | In her twisted devotion to David, | 她对大卫扭曲的忠诚 |
[32:32] | she figures better to let him go on | 让她觉得最好让他继续下去 |
[32:34] | doing all his good, she’ll sit in jail. | 让他去大展宏图 班房她去蹲 |
[32:37] | – That’s a little thin. – It makes sense. | -这只是推论 -说得通啊 |
[32:39] | Scotty, we got nothing on him. | 史考特 我们没有任何证据 |
[32:41] | – I know he did it. – But we can’t make the case. | -我知道是他干的 -但无法立案 |
[32:43] | Sooner or later, Scotty, one’s gonna get by you. | 史考特 你总会碰上漏网之鱼 |
[32:49] | Happens to us all. | 我们都会遇上这种事 |
[32:54] | I wanna go see Lake one more time. | 我想去再见一次雷克 |
[32:59] | I don’t know who Darren Clemen is. | 我不知道达伦·克莱门是谁 |
[33:01] | He’s Vanessa’s real father. | 他是温妮莎的生父 |
[33:04] | He was looking into her death. | 他在调查她的谋杀案 |
[33:05] | Which means he was looking into you. | 就是说他在调查你 |
[33:10] | You think I killed Vanessa? | 你们觉得是我杀了温妮莎 |
[33:12] | Leaning there. | 倾向于这个推论 |
[33:13] | Except, your sister says she did it. | 不过 你姐姐说是她干的 |
[33:16] | She said that? | 她那么说的 |
[33:17] | Made a deal. | 跟我们做了个交易 |
[33:18] | Copped to both murders in exchange, | 承认两起谋杀 作为交换 |
[33:20] | we don’t leak your dirty little secret. | 我们不得泄露你龌龊的小秘密 |
[33:25] | I have to call Abbey. | 我得给艾比打电话 |
[33:26] | Without your help, she’s looking at life. | 你坐视不管的话 她可要判终身监禁了 |
[33:30] | How can I help? | 我能怎么帮她 |
[33:32] | Tell us what happened to Vanessa. | 告诉我们温妮莎发生了什么事 |
[33:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:37] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[33:51] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[33:58] | I don’t have anything more to say. | 我没什么好说的了 |
[34:08] | He almost sweat in there. | 他差点就说了 |
[34:09] | You know that call Stillman didn’t want to get from the brass? | 还记得斯蒂尔曼不想接到的政要电话吗 |
[34:11] | He got it. | 他接到了 |
[34:13] | We have to leave Lake alone. | 我们不能再动雷克了 |
[34:15] | Commissioner’s orders. | 局长的命令 |
[34:28] | Heard you went back at the congressman. | 听说你们又去找议员了 |
[34:29] | Yeah. Till the bosses shut us down. | 对 直到老大勒令禁止 |
[34:32] | Got a pretty good case against the sister. | 给他姐姐定罪是十拿九稳了 |
[34:34] | Yeah, it must be nice having a different set of rules. | 是啊 能明哲保身总是不错的 |
[34:40] | Saw you with that new A.D.A. | 我看见你跟那个新副地检官在一起了 |
[34:42] | – Julie? – Yeah. | -朱莉 -对 |
[34:45] | Julie. | 就是朱莉 |
[34:47] | Actually, I’m on my way to meet her now. | 事实上 我正要去见她 |
[34:50] | Have fun. | 祝你们开心 |
[34:52] | Rush, | 拉什 |
[34:53] | Rush. | 拉什 |
[34:57] | I’ll cut her loose right now if it’s just you and me, | 如果我们能在一起 我现在就跟她分手 |
[34:59] | but I haven’t heard that from you. | 可你还没表过态 |
[35:02] | – So until you’ve decided that… – Okay, okay. | -所以直到你决定… -好 好 |
[35:07] | Okay what? | 好什么 |
[35:09] | Just you and me. | 我们能在一起 |
[35:25] | Then, I’ll go meet her right now. | 那我现在就去见她 |
[35:32] | Be polite for now and tell her that I’m otherwise engaged. | 礼貌点告诉她说我名草有主了 |
[35:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[35:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:00] | Congressman. | 议员先生 |
[36:02] | You’re not allowed to be here. | 你不可以来找我的 |
[36:04] | Off duty. | 没当班 |
[36:05] | Just two guys talking. | 就是两个人聊聊天 |
[36:07] | I don’t think so. | 我不想跟你聊 |
[36:10] | Your life’s pretty important, huh? | 你的命很重要 是吧 |
[36:14] | Everyone’s life is important. | 每个人的命都很重要 |
[36:16] | Not Vanessa’s apparently. | 显然温妮莎的就不那么重要 |
[36:18] | Or Abbey’s. | 艾比的也不重要 |
[36:20] | What kind of man lets his sister take his bullet? | 你算什么男人 让姐姐去替你顶罪 |
[36:23] | You don’t know about Abbey and me. | 你不了解我和艾比的事 |
[36:24] | I know more than I want to know. | 我连不该了解的都了解了 |
[36:27] | We had a hard upbringing. | 我们的成长条件很差 |
[36:30] | Yeah, humble beginnings. | 对啊 出身贫贱 |
[36:31] | It was a lot worse than humble. | 比贫贱还糟糕 |
[36:35] | It made us very close. | 这让我们很亲密 |
[36:38] | I can’t make you understand. | 我无法让你理解 |
[36:39] | I don’t need to understand that. | 我不需要理解 |
[36:41] | I just want the truth about Vanessa, how she died. | 我只想知道温妮莎死亡的真相 |
[36:50] | You got a law degree, right. You know about Miranda. | 你念过法律 你知道”米兰达权利”吧 |
[36:52] | – Yeah. – Well, I haven’t mirandized you, | -知道 -我还没宣读你的”米兰达权利” |
[36:52] | 第一 预先告诉嫌犯有权保持沉默 第二 预先告诉嫌犯 他们的供词可能用来起诉和审判他们 | |
[36:54] | so anything you tell me right now, | 所以你现在跟我说的话 |
[36:56] | I can’t use it in court. You’re protected. | 不能作为呈堂证供 你受法律保护 |
[36:59] | And we can have a conversation. | 我们也能好好谈谈 |
[37:04] | – About what? – The truth. | -谈什么 -事实真相 |
[37:07] | Why would you wanna know something | 你明知道即使知道真相也束手无策 |
[37:09] | you could do nothing about? | 干什么还要追问到底 |
[37:11] | That’s for me to know. | 那要我来考虑了 |
[37:13] | What you need to know is I ain’t leaving till you tell me. | 你只要知道你不告诉我 我是不会走的 |
[37:29] | I thought that she had left the party. | 我以为她离开派对了 |
[37:34] | I never expected to see her again. | 没想到又会见到她 |
[37:39] | Vanessa, | 温妮莎 |
[37:41] | what are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[37:44] | I went to Redding this weekend. | 我这周末去莱丁区了 |
[37:47] | I met Marvin Dobie. | 我见过马文·窦比了 |
[37:52] | Why would you do that? | 你去那里干什么 |
[37:54] | I just wanted to know what was coming between us. | 我只想知道我们之间到底有什么阻碍 |
[37:58] | What did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[38:01] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[38:03] | What did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[38:06] | He told me. | 他告诉我了 |
[38:09] | About you and Abbey. | 关于你和艾比的事 |
[38:14] | It’s all right. | 不要紧的 |
[38:19] | Vanessa, we can’t. | 温妮莎 我们不能这样 |
[38:22] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[38:24] | We can. | 我们可以的 |
[38:25] | We can be together. | 我们可以在一起的 |
[38:27] | You just have to look forward and not back. | 你只要向前看 不要留恋过往 |
[38:31] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[38:38] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[38:45] | V. | 小温 |
[38:48] | Oh god, Vanessa. | 天呐 温妮莎 |
[39:08] | Abbey. | 艾比 |
[39:10] | Abbey, I screwed up. | 艾比 我闯祸了 |
[40:11] | 歌曲 “Ordinary World” 歌手 Duran Duran |