时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | 10 minutes to the biggest dance contest South Philly’s ever seen. | 距南费城最大的舞蹈大赛开始还有10分钟 |
[00:12] | So get those platforms polished ’cause it’s gonna be far out. | 赶紧让舞台预热起来吧 比赛即将开始 |
[00:15] | The Bell’s giving one thousand bucks to the winner. | 最后的赢家将会获得一千块奖励 |
[00:18] | You heard me. One thousand big ones! | 你没听错 一千块钱的大奖 |
[00:21] | Outta sight! | 就要颁出啦 |
[02:26] | Gas and Power guys were fixing a leak, | 电气工那会儿正在抢修一处泄漏点 |
[02:28] | found partial remains about six feet down. | 在地下6英尺处发现了局部尸体 |
[02:31] | In an old disco? | 在个老迪厅里 |
[02:32] | Was an old disco, The Bell. | 那儿曾是个老迪厅 叫”贝尔铃” |
[02:34] | Off Lansing Boulevard, real eyesore? | 兰星大道上特碍眼的那家 |
[02:36] | That’s the spot. | 就是那儿 |
[02:37] | 22 people were killed there in a fire, 1978. | 有22个人在1978年的那场大火中丧命 |
[02:40] | Ruled as arson. | 被裁定为纵火案 |
[02:42] | 23rd was presumed dead, remains were never found. | 第23个人被推测已死亡 但尸体一直没找到 |
[02:45] | You thinking this must be the guy? | 你觉得这尸体就是他的吗 |
[02:47] | John Doe. | 无名氏 |
[02:48] | That’s all that’s left of him? | 他只剩下头骨了吗 |
[02:50] | Skull’s all I need to get an ID. Man had excellent teeth. | 从头骨我可以确认身份 这男的牙齿很好 |
[02:53] | If he burned up in the fire, why didn’t we find him back then? | 如果他死于大火 那时为什么没发现他 |
[02:55] | Well, apprently he was deep underground where the VIP room was. | 很显然他那时身处地下深处 那里是贵宾室 |
[03:00] | Plus, what is that? | 还有 这是什么 |
[03:02] | Slug’s been rolling around in his brain pan. | 他的大脑整个被子弹刺穿 |
[03:06] | Right between the eyes. | 就在双眼之间 |
[03:08] | Shooter must have been close up. | 枪手肯定是近距离射击 |
[03:10] | Can we get rifling off this slug? | 用这颗子弹可以查出枪的型号吗 |
[03:12] | My guess is it’s a .38. Should have distinct markings. | 我估计可能是点38口径 应该会有特殊记号 |
[03:15] | This guy was probably shot before the fire ever got to him. | 这个人很可能在大火烧到他之前就被打死了 |
[03:17] | Well, maybe our doer started the blaze, covered his tracks. | 也有可能是凶手为了毁尸灭迹才放火的 |
[03:20] | Hide one murder, cause 22 others. | 为了隐藏一起凶案 就害其他22人陪葬 |
[03:23] | We don’t got a cold one here. | 这不是一起悬案 |
[03:25] | We got 23 of them. | 这是牵扯23条人命的悬案 |
[03:59] | Dental records were conclusive. | 牙检报告确定 |
[04:01] | This is our John Doe. | 他就是我们找的人 |
[04:04] | Benjamin Issac Rosen. | 名本杰明·艾萨克·罗森 |
[04:06] | Twenty-two. | 当时22岁 |
[04:08] | I remember the news coverage of The Bell fire. | 我记得当时新闻报道过贝尔铃大火 |
[04:10] | Cryin’ families, burned bodies. | 亲人悲痛欲绝 尸体被烧焦了 |
[04:13] | Bulldozers come in quick, demolish the place? | 推土机迅速过来处理了现场 |
[04:15] | Yeah. What was left standing was considered a safety hazard. | 是啊 大火之后的残骸是个安全隐患 |
[04:19] | So maybe they did a rush job finding all the remains. | 所以可能他们着急处理现场 没找全尸体 |
[04:22] | Explains why they didn’t find him. | 所以当时没找到他 |
[04:25] | You, uh, ever hang out at this disco, boss? | 你去过这家迪厅吗 老大 |
[04:28] | Oh, not me. | 我没去过 |
[04:29] | But I think Jeffries was a beat cop in South at the time. | 不过我记得杰弗里斯那时好像是南片的巡警 |
[04:32] | I wonder what he did Saturday nights. | 我想知道他周末晚上都干什么 |
[04:35] | The Bell wasn’t just a disco, it was the disco. | 贝尔铃不只是一家迪厅 它很特别 |
[04:38] | Lines around the block to get in. | 排的队都在小区绕成圈了 |
[04:40] | Lot of feathered hair, gold chains, polyester… | 多的是小白领 黑社会 暴发户 |
[04:43] | Sounds like you got some familiarity there, Will. | 看来你对那儿很熟 威尔 |
[04:46] | I was there once. | 我去过一次 |
[04:48] | William Disco Jeffries. | 威廉·迪哥·杰弗里斯 |
[04:51] | Come on, Will, bust a move for us. | 来吧 威尔 给我们扭一个 |
[04:52] | Yeah, do the hustle, baby. | 是啊 快扭一个 亲爱的 |
[04:54] | You know, if it’s all the same, I’d rather not. | 要是跳一样的舞 还是不要了 |
[04:57] | Those were regrettable times. | 丢死人了 |
[05:00] | The arson report says the blaze started in the White Room. | 纵火案报告说大火是从白厅燃起来的 |
[05:03] | Do you know what that was? | 你知道那是哪里吗 |
[05:04] | VIP lounge, where all the cocaine was snorted. | 贵宾厅 吸白粉的都在里面 |
[05:06] | And where’s Ben Rosen’s remains were found. | 本·罗森的尸体也是在那儿被发现的 |
[05:09] | So, maybe he started the fire. | 所以也许是他放的火 |
[05:10] | Right after he got shot in the face. | 就在他刚被一枪崩了脑袋之后 |
[05:12] | That’s a point. | 有道理 |
[05:13] | So who was with Ben in the White Room? | 那和本一起在白厅里的人是谁 |
[05:15] | Chief suspect in the arson was the owner of the place. | 这场纵火案的头号嫌犯是贝尔铃的老板 |
[05:18] | Neil Chaney. | 尼尔·琛尼 |
[05:19] | Torched his own club for the insurance? | 为了骗保 就把自己的店一把火烧了 |
[05:21] | You’d think he’d wait till after hours. | 那怎么不等到打烊之后 |
[05:23] | Looks like they dug, but didn’t get far with that theory. | 他们好像挖过这条线索 却无果而终 |
[05:27] | We got partial rifling on the bullet. | 我们从子弹上提取到部分膛线 |
[05:29] | – It was a .38. – Good enough to find a match? | -是点38口径的 -能找到作案枪支吗 |
[05:31] | Yep. We find the gun that matches this slug, | 能 只要找到射出这颗子弹的枪 |
[05:34] | could lead us to the doer. | 就能追查到凶手 |
[05:35] | I’d call that new direction. | 这就是个新方向 |
[05:37] | Vera, Disco Will, have a conversation with Neil Chaney. | 维拉 迪哥威尔 去和尼尔·琛尼谈谈 |
[05:40] | – Meantime… – We’ll go to the Rosens. | -同时… -我们去罗森家 |
[05:46] | You found Benny, after all these years? | 过了这么多年 你们找到了本尼 |
[05:50] | I always hoped, prayed, he got out of that conflagration somehow. | 我一直报以希望 祈祷他逃过了那场大火 |
[05:57] | Ran away or something. | 跑走了还是怎么的 |
[06:01] | Foolish. I know. | 真蠢 我就知道 |
[06:03] | Benny lived at home with you? | 本尼和你们住一起吗 |
[06:04] | He was going to go to dental school. | 他本来是要去上牙医学院的 |
[06:06] | Top of his class. | 他是班上的尖子 |
[06:08] | Smart. Sweet. | 聪明伶俐 善解人意 |
[06:11] | He have any enemies you know of? | 据你们所知 他有没有树什么敌 |
[06:14] | I thought he died in the fire. | 我以为他是死于大火 |
[06:16] | I’m afraid he was murdered, Mrs. Rogen, | 恐怕他是被谋杀的 罗森太太 |
[06:19] | before the fire started. | 他在大火之前就死了 |
[06:21] | Murdered? | 谋杀 |
[06:22] | Was he in any kind of trouble? | 他当时有没有惹什么麻烦 |
[06:24] | How should we know? | 我们怎么会知道 |
[06:26] | Benny was an open book | 本尼以前没有秘密 |
[06:27] | before he started playing that so-called music. | 但那是在他开始玩他那所谓的音乐前 |
[06:31] | After, he shut us out. | 之后他就什么都不对我们说了 |
[06:34] | He knew we disapproved. | 他知道我们不同意 |
[06:36] | Why shouldn’t I have disapproved? | 我有什么理由不反对 |
[06:39] | That disco ruined his life. | 蹦迪整个就毁了他 |
[06:42] | We, uh, kept some of his things in his room. | 我们还留了一些他的东西在他房间里 |
[06:46] | Maybe you’d like to see? | 你们要不要来看一看 |
[07:02] | Salutatorian of his high school class. | 他在高中是他们那一届的毕业典礼致辞人 |
[07:10] | Adorable, right? | 很招人喜欢吧 |
[07:12] | There something you wanna tell us, Myra? | 玛拉 你是不是有事想告诉我们 |
[07:15] | Something you didn’t want your husband to hear? | 你不想让你丈夫听到的事 |
[07:18] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[07:20] | ‘Cause I got the feeling there was. | 可是我有这种感觉 |
[07:26] | We know this is difficult. | 我们知道你很难启齿 |
[07:30] | Doesn’t have to leave this room. | 我们不会张扬 |
[07:34] | There was something. | 的确是有些事 |
[07:39] | It’s something I never told my husband. | 我从来没和我丈夫说过 |
[07:42] | What was that? | 什么事 |
[07:44] | I came home from temple early one night, | 有一天晚上 我提早从庙里回家 |
[07:47] | on account of my arthritis. | 因为我的关节炎犯了 |
[07:49] | This was a week before the fire. | 那是大火前一周 |
[07:51] | And, uh… | 然后… |
[07:55] | I saw them together. | 我看到他们在一起 |
[07:57] | My Benny, and a shiksa. | 我的本尼 和一个异教姑娘 |
[08:02] | Like you. | 和你挺像 |
[08:28] | Mmm, not here, baby. | 别在这儿做 亲爱的 |
[08:29] | Come on. My folks won’t be back for hours. | 来吧 我父母一时半会儿回不来 |
[08:33] | But if we want to win this competition, we got to practice. | 可我们想赢比赛的话 就得多加练习 |
[08:36] | I don’t have got the rhythm like you do. | 我可不像你那么有节奏感 |
[08:38] | You got it where it counts, baby. You’re far out. | 你一到关键时刻就有节奏感了 你是比赛型选手 |
[08:41] | When are you gonna tell your parents we’re engaged? | 你准备什么时候告诉你父母我们订婚了 |
[08:43] | Soon. | 快了 |
[08:45] | You are such a foxy mama. | 你真是个妖精 |
[08:48] | Benny… | 本尼… |
[08:49] | Hey, you know I wanna marry you, | 你知道我想娶你为妻 |
[08:53] | spend my whole life dancing with you. | 我想余生都和你一起翩翩起舞 |
[08:59] | We don’t have to make it now if you don’t want to. | 如果你现在不想做 也不必勉强 |
[09:05] | We’ll practice, then we’ll make it, huh? | 我们先练习 然后我们再做 |
[09:09] | I love you, hot stuff. | 我爱你 辣妹 |
[09:13] | They were in love. | 他们正在热恋 |
[09:15] | At least my Benny had that before he died. | 至少我的本尼在死前遇见了真爱 |
[09:19] | Did Benny ever talk about his wedding plans? | 本尼有没有说过他的结婚计划 |
[09:23] | He was probably afraid to. His father would have hit the roof. | 他可能不太敢吧 他爸肯定会大发雷霆 |
[09:28] | You know what happened to this girl, Sonya? | 你知道松娅后来的情况吗 |
[09:30] | She got burned in the fire. | 她在大火中被烧伤了 |
[09:32] | I visited her once at Saint Ignatius, | 我曾经到圣伊格内修斯探望过她 |
[09:35] | she was all doped up. Never knew I was there. | 她被全身麻醉了 不知道我去看过她 |
[09:38] | And your husband still doesn’t know about her? | 而你的丈夫一直都不知道她的存在 |
[09:40] | He needs more heartache? | 那不是让他更心痛吗 |
[09:43] | It’s bad enough feeling his son betrayed him over disco. | 儿子因为蹦迪而背叛他 已经够让他很伤心了 |
[09:58] | Sonya Witkowski? | 你是松娅·维特考斯基吗 |
[10:01] | Yes. | 是 |
[10:02] | Detectives Rush and Valens. | 我们是拉什探员和瓦伦斯探员 |
[10:05] | We’re here about Benjamin Rosen. | 我们是因为本杰明·罗森而来的 |
[10:07] | Benny? | 本尼 |
[10:13] | I’ll be right back. | 我一会儿就回来 |
[10:19] | I lost Benny in the Bell fire. | 本尼在贝尔铃大火中失踪了 |
[10:23] | Part of his remains were recently found, Sonya. | 他的部分尸体最近被发现了 松娅 |
[10:25] | It appears he was killed before the fire started. | 看来他是大火之前就被人杀死了 |
[10:30] | Someone killed him? | 他是被人杀死的 |
[10:32] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是这样 |
[10:35] | We understand you two were engaged. | 我们知道你们俩当时已经订婚了 |
[10:37] | We were gonna get married after the dance competition. | 我们本来准备在舞林大会之后就结婚的 |
[10:42] | That was such a long time ago. | 那都是好久之前的事了 |
[10:44] | Was there anything unusual | 那会儿本尼的生活 |
[10:46] | going on in Benny’s life, right around then? | 有没有什么反常 |
[10:49] | Fights? A threat? | 争吵 威胁之类的 |
[10:50] | No. I mean… | 没有 我是说… |
[10:54] | You sure he was murdered? | 你们确定他是被谋杀的吗 |
[10:56] | Anything you can tell us could really help. | 你提供的任何线索都会对破案很有帮助 |
[11:01] | A couple of days before the dance contest, | 舞蹈大赛的前几天 |
[11:05] | I got there early to practice… | 我早早到了场地去练习 |
[11:25] | Hey, foxy mama, let’s hustle. | 小妖精 我们加把劲 |
[11:28] | What did Chaney want? | 琛尼想干什么 |
[11:31] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[11:32] | – Didn’t look like nothing. – Are we talking or are we dancing? | -这哪像没事的样子 -你还练不练舞了 |
[11:35] | You deal blow for Chaney, Benny, I’ll dump your ass. | 你要是帮琛尼贩毒 本尼 我就踹了你 |
[11:37] | I’m not dealin’ blow. | 我没有贩毒 |
[11:39] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[11:42] | You wouldn’t lie to me? | 你不会对我撒谎吧 |
[11:44] | I’d rather die. | 我宁死也不会对你撒谎 |
[11:52] | Hey, after we win that thousand bucks, baby, | 亲爱的 我们赢了那千元大奖之后 |
[11:55] | let’s elope. We’ll go to the Manhattan, | 就私奔吧 去曼哈顿 |
[11:57] | get married at Studio 54. | 然后去”五十四”结婚吧 |
[11:59] | We gotta win first. | 那也得先拿下奖项再说 |
[12:00] | We’ll win. You’re the best disco dancer in Philly. | 我们势在必得 你是费城最棒的蹦迪达人 |
[12:04] | Philly? Is that all? | 费城 仅此而已吗 |
[12:06] | In America. The whole world. | 是全美 全世界 |
[12:12] | He was the love of my life, you know? | 他是我一生的挚爱 你们懂吗 |
[12:15] | The real deal. | 真爱 |
[12:17] | What were Benny and Mr. Chaney fighting about? | 当时本尼和琛尼先生在吵什么 |
[12:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:21] | Benny used to give private | 本尼之前常常给 |
[12:22] | dance lessons to some of Chaney’s clients, | 一些琛尼的客人上私人舞蹈课 |
[12:26] | but it seemed like something more serious. | 不过看来不止这么简单 |
[12:29] | Are you sure it ain’t possible Benny was dealing for him? | 你确定本尼没有帮琛尼贩毒吗 |
[12:32] | He said he wasn’t. | 他说他没有 |
[12:36] | On the off chance that he was, Sonya, | 假设他在呢 松娅 |
[12:39] | you think Chaney was the kind of man who could murder someone? | 你觉得琛尼像是会杀人的人吗 |
[12:43] | I know he had a gun. | 我知道他有把枪 |
[12:45] | Used to show it off, like some kind of big shot. | 他以前经常拿出来炫耀 像个宝似的 |
[12:50] | We’re still looking for Neil Chaney, | 我们还在找尼尔·琛尼 |
[12:52] | but he did have a permit for a .38. | 可是他的确有点38口径的枪支许可 |
[12:54] | Which he fired in ’77. Shot a burglar at The Bell. | 77年放过一枪 射中贝尔铃里的一个窃贼 |
[12:57] | – A year before Benny was shot. – File’s coming over from South. | -那是本尼中枪前一年 -南部分局正传卷宗过来 |
[13:00] | We find the slug he shot at the burglar, | 找出射中窃贼的子弹 |
[13:02] | match it to the one we got on this job… | 再比对我们在本尼头部找到的子弹 |
[13:04] | Makes Chaney a good bet for the doer. | 就能证明琛尼有很大的嫌疑 |
[13:06] | We’re talking about finding | 你们是说要找 |
[13:07] | a bullet fired 26 years ago from a gun | 一颗26年前从某把枪射出的一枚子弹 |
[13:10] | we don’t even know exists anymore. | 可这把枪还不知去向 |
[13:11] | Registered to a man we can’t find. | 还登记在一个我们无从寻找的人名下 |
[13:13] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:15] | The word “longshot” comes to mind. | 我想到了”遥遥无期”这个词 |
[13:17] | We like a challenge. | 我们喜欢挑战 |
[13:18] | Well, you got one. | 这不就是吗 |
[13:29] | File from South IDs this guy Chaney shot as Mark Rigley. | 南部分局的卷宗记载琛尼射伤的人叫马克·里格力 |
[13:33] | Tried to rob a disco at closing. Chaney popped him. | 他试图在迪厅打烊的时候抢劫 琛尼对他开了枪 |
[13:35] | Shooting was ruled self-defense. | 被判正当防卫 |
[13:37] | Maybe Rigley knows what happened to the slug. | 或许里格力会知道子弹的下落 |
[13:38] | He doin’ time someplace? | 他在服刑吗 |
[13:40] | Uh-uh. Custodial detail at the river rink, Penn’s Landing. | 在宾州码头的河畔冰场工作 还在假释期 |
[13:43] | Know how we been having trouble findin’ Chaney? | 知道为什么我们一直找不到琛尼了吗 |
[13:45] | It’s ’cause County’s | 因为地方法院 |
[13:46] | six months behind processing death certificates. | 拖了六个月才出具死亡证明 |
[13:48] | Chaney’s dead? | 琛尼死了 |
[13:49] | Three months ago. Cirrhosis of the liver. | 三个月前死的 肝硬化 |
[13:52] | Crap. | 倒霉 |
[13:53] | So what? We still have 23 unsolved murders. | 所以呢 我们还是有23起命案没破 |
[13:57] | We can’t talk to the father, we’ll settle for the son. | 找不到爸爸 我们就去找儿子 |
[13:59] | He’s not dead, is he? | 儿子还在世吧 |
[14:00] | No. Paul Chaney owns a shop in Center City. | 对 保罗·琛尼在申特城开了一间店 |
[14:03] | Good. | 好 |
[14:04] | Out on the street, boss. | 我出任务去了 老大 |
[14:15] | Excuse me just one second. Enjoy yourselves. | 失陪一下 你们尽兴 |
[14:20] | What’s up, folks? | 有什么事吗 |
[14:22] | You want a pipe? | 想来一管吗 |
[14:24] | Depends what’s in it. | 那要看管子里面是什么 |
[14:26] | Tobacco, the new marijuana. | 烟草 新式大麻 |
[14:29] | That’s far out, Paul. | 这太过了 保罗 |
[14:32] | Tobacco’s legal, remember? | 烟草是合法的 还记得吗 |
[14:34] | Hey, you wanna check the pipes, be my guest. | 要是你们想检查管子 请随意 |
[14:36] | – We ain’t narcs. – We’re homicide. | -我们不是缉毒警 -我们是凶案组的 |
[14:39] | Homicide? | 凶案组 |
[14:41] | What do you want with me? | 那你们找我干什么 |
[14:42] | Your father. He had a permit for a .38. | 你父亲 他以前有把点38口径的枪 |
[14:45] | We thought you might know where that gun is now. | 我们想你应该知道那把枪的下落 |
[14:47] | Uh, excuse me. You mind just stepping over here for a second? | 等一下 你们能往那里站一点吗 |
[14:55] | Why? What’s this about? | 怎么了 什么事 |
[14:56] | The Bell. | 贝尔铃纵火案 |
[14:58] | A man was killed there that night before the fire broke out. | 那晚大火前有个人被谋杀了 |
[15:01] | And you want to pin it on | 你们想说 |
[15:02] | my old man who’s trying to rest in peace? | 是我那想安息的老爷子干的 |
[15:03] | – We’re trying to solve a murder. – Don’t you mean murders? | -我们想破一起凶案 -难道不是多起谋杀吗 |
[15:08] | I been through this a hundred times. | 这种情况我经历过不下百遍了 |
[15:09] | 23 people burned to the crisp. Everybody blamed my dad for it. | 23人被烧焦了 每个人都怪我爸 |
[15:13] | That’s why he drank himself to death. | 所以他才成天喝酒 把自己给灌死了 |
[15:15] | You don’t think he was responsible? | 你觉得不是他干的吗 |
[15:17] | My father loved The Bell. | 我爸深爱着贝尔铃 |
[15:19] | The idea of his torching it is just craziness. | 他怎么可能放火 |
[15:23] | So what about that .38, Paul? | 那把点38手枪呢 保罗 |
[15:26] | I threw it into the Delaware, like, a decade ago. | 我把它丢在特拉华大概有十年了 |
[15:29] | I was worried my dad was going to turn it on himself. | 我怕我爸吞枪自杀 |
[15:33] | You remember a guy named Benny Rosen? | 你记得有个叫本尼·罗森的人吗 |
[15:35] | Yeah, yeah, sure. Benny the Rose. | 当然 当然 本尼”小玫瑰” |
[15:38] | Everybody knew him. | 没人不知道他 |
[15:39] | Someone killed him that night. | 那天晚上他被人杀了 |
[15:41] | Shot him. | 枪杀 |
[15:43] | No. | 不是吧 |
[15:46] | Well, come on. It wasn’t my dad. | 拜托 绝对不是我爸 |
[15:48] | I was by his side the whole night, at the judge’s table. | 那天晚上我一直在他身边 在评委席上 |
[15:50] | Who else at that disco had it in for Benny? | 迪厅里还有谁对本尼不满 |
[15:54] | Benny was king. | 本尼是舞王 |
[15:55] | People worshipped him. ‘Specially the women. | 大家都无比崇拜他 尤其是女人们 |
[15:58] | The guy was a real Don Juan stein. | 那家伙简直就是个万人迷 |
[16:01] | He caught up in any romantic triangles? | 他卷入过三角恋吗 |
[16:04] | Nah, ha got a serious girl. | 没有 他有正经女友 |
[16:08] | But you know, them two had a fight that day. | 不过你们知道吗 他俩当晚吵架了 |
[16:10] | Now I know about this ’cause | 我知道他们俩吵架是因为 |
[16:13] | I was doing something you might think unsavory, | 我当时正在偷窥 你们肯定很不齿 |
[16:15] | but try to remember, I was just a horny kid at the time. | 不过回想起来 我那时还真是挺饥渴 |
[16:23] | Oh, yeah, | 好样的 |
[16:25] | do it for me, foxy fox. | 快脱给我看 小妖精 |
[16:32] | This is the ladies room, Benny. | 这里是女厕所 本尼 |
[16:33] | – Get the hell out! – Sonya, don’t cry. | -你给我滚出去 -松娅 别哭 |
[16:34] | You’re a jerk, you know? | 你就是个混蛋 知道吗 |
[16:36] | – I’m just having second thoughts about eloping. – Yeah, yeah. | -我看得重新考虑私奔的事了 -随你便 |
[16:38] | It’s putting too much pressure on winning. | 压力太大了 好像非赢不可 |
[16:39] | I don’t want it to effect our dancing. | 我不想因为这事影响我们的发挥 |
[16:42] | You don’t wanna elope ’cause you’re afraid to marry a shiksa. | 你不想和我私奔因为你怕和异教姑娘结婚 |
[16:44] | That ain’t true. | 不是这样的 |
[16:46] | I thought you said you’d rather | 我以为你说过你宁死 |
[16:47] | – die than lie to me? – You know how my father is. | -也不会对我撒谎 -你了解我父亲的为人 |
[16:49] | It’s 1978, for God’s sake. We can do what we want. | 现在都1978年了 老天啊 我们可以为所欲为 |
[16:52] | I know, but he’d kill me. | 我知道 但是他会杀了我 |
[16:55] | Well, waiting is killing me. | 干等也会要了我的命 |
[16:57] | So you got a choice to make. It’s either him or me. | 所以你必须做出决定 选他还是选我 |
[17:07] | I should kill you, making a slut out of me. | 我真应该杀了你 你把我变成一个荡妇 |
[17:11] | I was a virgin before I met you! | 你破了我的处 |
[17:18] | Oh, men, what an idiot that guy was. | 天啊 那男的得有多蠢 |
[17:20] | Turning away a piece of ass like that? | 就这样放跑了一个尤物 |
[17:23] | Believe me, I wouldn’t have. | 相信我 要我就绝对不会 |
[17:26] | I believe you, Paul. | 我相信你 保罗 |
[17:33] | Mark Rigley? | 马克·里格力 |
[17:35] | – Who’s askin’? – Philly P.D. | -谁叫我 -费城警局 |
[17:37] | Your parole officer said we might find you here. | 你的假释官让我们来这里找你 |
[17:39] | My crummy boss telling lies again? | 我那臭老板又撒谎了 |
[17:41] | What? | 什么 |
[17:42] | This is about him and that borrowed car incident, right? | 他又说我”借”他车那件事了吧 |
[17:45] | That was two months ago. | 那都是两个月前了 |
[17:46] | – It was an emergency. – No, it’s not about that. | -那是紧急情况 -不 不是关于那件事 |
[17:50] | Just walkin’ the straight and narrow here, man. | 我现在很规矩 老兄 |
[17:53] | Pushing a broom for minimun wage. | 做做清洁 混个最低工资 |
[17:54] | Mark, in 1977 you were shot at The Bell disco? | 马克 1977年你在贝尔铃迪厅中过枪 |
[17:58] | Yeah. So? | 是啊 怎么 |
[17:59] | We were kinda hoping that | 我们希望 |
[18:02] | you kept that slug maybe as a suvenior or something. | 你还留着那颗子弹 做个纪念什么的 |
[18:04] | We’re trying to match it to a bullet on another case. | 我们想将它和另一件案子的子弹作比对 |
[18:09] | You bet I know where that slug is. | 我绝对知道那子弹在哪儿 |
[18:12] | Right here. For 27 years. | 就在这儿 27年了 |
[18:15] | Sets off metal detectors like crazy. | 每次过金属探测器时 机器都乱叫 |
[18:17] | The docs couldn’t take it out? | 医生们没能把它取出来 |
[18:19] | Not back then. Maybe now, modern medicine. | 那会儿不行 现在或许可以吧 医学进步了 |
[18:23] | You’d be willing to give it a go? | 你愿意试一试吗 |
[18:26] | I’m civic-minded. | 我很有公德心 |
[18:28] | There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to assist Philly’s finest. | 我愿意全力协助费城警察 |
[18:30] | ‘Course, Philly’s finest gotta assist me. | 当然费城警察也要协助一下我 |
[18:33] | Assist how? | 怎么协助 |
[18:34] | How much you think it’s worth going under the knife? | 你觉得开个刀要多少钱 |
[18:38] | A couple grand? | 几千块 |
[18:39] | That’s mighty civic-minded of you, Mark. | 你还真有公德心 马克 |
[18:42] | Capitalism made this country great, my friend. | 资本主义壮大了我们国家 朋友 |
[18:44] | That two grand? | 要两千块 |
[18:47] | That ain’t gonna happen. | 不可能的事 |
[18:49] | Then no deal. | 那就免谈 |
[18:51] | You guys wanna buy my ass bullet, you know where I work. | 要是你们还想买我屁股里的子弹 我随时恭候 |
[19:00] | You lied to us, Sonya. | 你撒谎了 松娅 |
[19:02] | Lied? | 撒谎 |
[19:03] | You said you and Benny were gettin’ married, | 你说你和本尼要结婚了 |
[19:05] | but you broke up with him that night. | 可你在那天晚上和他分手了 |
[19:06] | In the ladies room. | 在女厕所 |
[19:09] | No. | 没有 |
[19:11] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[19:14] | we would have worked it out. | 我们能和好的 |
[19:16] | “I should kill you, makin’ a slut outta me.” | “我真应该杀了你 你把我变成一个荡妇” |
[19:19] | Two hours later, Benny ends up with a bullet in his head. | 两个小时后 本尼就中弹身亡 |
[19:23] | Benny was the love of my life. | 本尼是我一生的挚爱 |
[19:29] | How do you know what I said, anyway? | 不过你们怎么知道我当时说的话 |
[19:31] | Where were you when the fire started, Sonya? | 火灾发生的时候你在哪里 松娅 |
[19:33] | On the floor. | 在楼上 |
[19:34] | It was Doreen blabbin’, wasn’t it? | 是多琳多嘴 是吧 |
[19:37] | That nosy bitch knew everything ’bout everything. | 那个长舌妇真是无所不知 |
[19:40] | Who’s Doreen? | 多琳是谁 |
[19:41] | Doreen Di Nova. | 多琳·迪·诺娃 |
[19:44] | Had a real thing for Benny. | 她很喜欢本尼 |
[19:46] | – Always trying to steal him for me. – That right? | -总想着从我身边夺走他 -是吗 |
[19:49] | She was competitive with me over everything. | 她什么都要和我争 |
[19:53] | Benny, dancing, you name it. | 本尼 跳舞 一切的一切 |
[19:56] | She in the dance contest that night? | 她当晚也在舞蹈大赛吗 |
[19:58] | Yeah. Her and her partner Ken were our main competition. | 在 她和她的舞伴肯是我们的主要对手 |
[20:03] | She would have done anything to win. | 她为了赢会不择手段 |
[20:13] | Last chance for a practice dance. | 最后一次的练舞机会 |
[20:15] | One hour till starting time. | 距离比赛开始还有一小时 |
[20:17] | You heard of me, baby, one hour. | 对 没错 宝贝们 还有一小时 |
[20:25] | Oh, my heels. | 鞋跟断了 |
[20:27] | That’s okay. I got another pair. | 没关系 我还有一双 |
[20:35] | Come on, Benny. Dance with me. | 来吧 本尼 和我跳吧 |
[20:37] | – No. I got a partner. – It’s not too late to switch. | -不用 我有舞伴 -现在换又不迟 |
[20:39] | We won last year. We could do it again this year. | 去年我们就赢了 今年可以再接再厉 |
[20:41] | -我现在和松娅一起 多琳 -我比她强多了 | |
[20:44] | That don’t matter. I love Sonya. | 那不重要 我爱松娅 |
[20:45] | And I love Kenny. But you and me, we could go places, | 而我爱肯尼 可你我搭档的话 可以到处比赛 |
[20:48] | win real competitions in Manhattan and the like. | 在曼哈顿之类的地方拿冠军 |
[20:51] | Get it outta your head. | 赶紧别想了 |
[20:52] | It’s not gonna happen. | 不可能的事 |
[20:54] | Hey, Doreen. | 多琳 |
[20:56] | Got your headlights on, I see. | 又招蜂引蝶呐 我懂的 |
[20:58] | Why you got to be so selfish, Sonya? | 你怎么总这么自私 松娅 |
[20:59] | You already got Benny in the sack. | 你已经把本尼给弄到手了 |
[21:00] | Why can’t I have him on the dance floor? | 为什么就不能让他做我的舞伴呢 |
[21:02] | Why should I? | 凭什么 |
[21:03] | ‘Cause you can’t keep up with him and I can. | 因为你跟不上他的舞步 而我可以 |
[21:06] | -我可没听到你抱怨 -我没抱怨过 | |
[21:08] | Fine, be that way. | 算了 就这样吧 |
[21:10] | You’re not gonna be the king forever, Benny. | 你做不了常胜将军 本尼 |
[21:12] | A lot could happen between now and the contest. | 现在到比赛开始这段时间里 什么事都有可能发生 |
[21:14] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[21:15] | It means I’m going home wearing that tiara. | 意思是我要戴着舞后的皇冠回家 |
[21:17] | – Problem, baby? – No, there’s no problem here. | -有问题吗 亲爱的 -没有 一切正常 |
[21:20] | Come on, hot stuff. You’re too foxy to fight. | 过来吧 美妞 你太美了 跟她们争太掉价 |
[21:23] | – Polack. – Slut. | -死波兰人 -贱货 |
[21:27] | “A lot could happen between now and the contest.” | “现在到比赛开始这段时间里 什么事都有可能发生” |
[21:29] | – And that’s a quote. – You think it was a threat? | -这是她的原话 -你觉得她在威胁你们 |
[21:32] | I just know she was dying to be dancing queen two years running. | 我只知道她极其想蝉联舞后 |
[21:43] | – Doreen Di Nova? – Yeah? | -多琳·迪·诺娃 -什么事 |
[21:45] | We need to talk to you about Benny Rosen. | 我们得谈谈本尼·罗森的事 |
[21:48] | Benny the Rose? Ooh. | 本尼”小玫瑰”吗 |
[21:51] | That’s a blast from the past. | 一下子让我想到了过去 |
[21:53] | You remember threatening him? | 你记得曾威胁过他吗 |
[21:54] | What? | 什么 |
[21:58] | Gloria, hang on a second. | 格洛丽亚 等我一下 |
[22:01] | I need a smoke. | 我要去抽根烟 |
[22:15] | You been talking to Sonya, huh? Right? | 你们和松娅聊过了 是吧 |
[22:19] | She a fatty now or what? | 她现在是一身横肉还是怎样 |
[22:21] | You make good on that threat, Doreen? | 你威胁成功了 多琳 |
[22:22] | ‘Cause Benny was murdered that night. | 那晚本尼被杀了 |
[22:24] | Oh, yeah? Well, that’s news to me. | 是吗 我可是第一次听说 |
[22:27] | Where were you when the fire started? | 火灾发生的时候你在哪里 |
[22:29] | On the floor, with my partner Ken. | 在舞池里 和我舞伴肯在一起 |
[22:33] | What, did Sonya tell you I whacked Benny? | 怎么 松娅跟你们说我打本尼了吗 |
[22:36] | You denying you made a threat? | 你否认你威胁过他吗 |
[22:37] | I might have said something as a psychout. | 我或许是说过些什么疯言疯语 |
[22:40] | To win the contest? | 为了赢得比赛 |
[22:42] | Yeah. A thousand bucks was like a million to us back then. | 对 那会儿的一千块可跟现在的一百万差不多 |
[22:47] | And Ken needed that money, bad. | 而且肯迫切需要那笔钱 |
[22:50] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[22:52] | This is ancient history, right? | 这已经是陈年旧事了 对吧 |
[22:54] | I can’t get in trouble for breakin’ any narcotics laws? | 我不会因为当时违反毒品法律而吃官司吧 |
[22:58] | We’re homicide. | 我们是凶案组的 |
[23:01] | Well, back then, coke was the drug of choice. | 那时候 我们吸的是可卡因 |
[23:06] | Hey, Hoover, save a bump for me. | 吸尘器 留点给我啊 |
[23:08] | Don’t worry, baby, I got more. | 急什么 宝贝 还多着呢 |
[23:17] | Damn! | 妈的 |
[23:20] | You’re out. | 没了 |
[23:23] | You snorted it all? | 你全吸完了 |
[23:24] | Crap! | 糟了 |
[23:27] | I’m in trouble, baby. Real trouble. | 我有麻烦了 宝贝 麻烦大了 |
[23:29] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[23:30] | I was supposed to deal that all that blow. | 那些全是我要拿去卖的 |
[23:31] | I’m into Chaney for thousands. | 我欠琛尼好几千块 |
[23:32] | Well, you should have thought of that | 在你吸完他全部的货之前 |
[23:33] | before you snorted up all his merchandise. | 就应该想到这一点 |
[23:38] | I’m screwed. Chaney’s gonna kill me. | 我完了 琛尼会杀了我的 |
[23:45] | You guys got the studio upstairs reserved? | 你们预订了楼上的厅 |
[23:48] | That’s right. | 对 |
[23:50] | Well, if you ain’t gonna use it, | 你们不用的话 |
[23:51] | I thought maybe I’d get in some practicing. | 就给我进去练练舞好了 |
[23:52] | We’re gonna use it. | 我们要用 |
[23:59] | Doreen, that stuff throws off your timing, makes you sloppy. | 多琳 那玩意会让你节奏紊乱 还分散你注意力 |
[24:02] | If I were you, I’d be worried about Sonya’s two left hoofs | 我要是你 会更担心松娅的蹩脚舞步 |
[24:05] | and not my timing. | 而不是我的节奏 |
[24:07] | You used to be good… dedicated. | 你以前很优秀 很上进 |
[24:09] | How come you don’t practice no more like you used to? | 你怎么不像以前那样努力练习了 |
[24:11] | What do you care, Bagleboy? | 你瞎操什么心 侦察兵 |
[24:13] | We’re still gonna wipe the floor with you and Sonya. | 我们还是会和你还有松娅一决高下 |
[24:24] | I guess I should’ve realized Ken was an addict, but… | 我想我应该早点发现肯是个瘾君子 可是… |
[24:28] | at the time everybody was snorting like there was no tomorrow. | 那会儿人人都在吸粉 就像过了今夜就没明天似的 |
[24:31] | You still in contact with Ken? | 你和肯还有联系吗 |
[24:32] | Nah. Fire busted us all apart. | 没有 大火把我们俩给分开了 |
[24:37] | Burning of The Bell was the day disco died in South Philly. | 贝尔铃被烧了 南费城的迪厅也就没了 |
[24:40] | Was Ken an anti-Semite along with being an addict? | 肯除了是瘾君子外 还有没有反犹情结 |
[24:43] | Instead of Benny the Rose, he called him Benny the Nose, so… | 他从来都只叫本尼”丑鼻子” 不像别人都叫他”小玫瑰” |
[24:47] | So, Ken could have done something to Benny that night. | 所以说 肯那晚可能伤害了本尼 |
[24:50] | Maybe to knock him out of the contest, | 可能把他打晕 就能阻止他参赛 |
[24:52] | win that grand to pay off his coke debt? | 好让自己赢得那千元大奖 还可卡因的债 |
[24:55] | Though Sonya says you were the one who was so desperate to win. | 可是松娅却说 是你迫切想赢 |
[25:00] | Well, that figures. | 太有道理了 |
[25:02] | I mean, me and the Polish American princess | 我说 我和那个波兰裔 |
[25:03] | weren’t exactly soul sisters. | 美国小公主完全就不是一路人 |
[25:07] | But I wasn’t a coke fiend like Ken, | 但我也不是肯那样的瘾君子 |
[25:10] | and I wasn’t into Chaney for thousands of dollars. | 我也没欠琛尼好几千块 |
[25:20] | The bullet’s still in him? | 子弹还在他体内 |
[25:22] | Says it’s a pain in his ass, literally. | 他说那简直就是他屁股里的痛 |
[25:24] | – He’ll only cooperate for a price. – What price? | -他说想要他配合 得满足他开的价 -什么价 |
[25:27] | Neighborhood of two grand. | 两千块上下 |
[25:28] | We don’t live in that neighborhood. | 我们给不出那个上下 |
[25:29] | Can’t we compel him to give us the bullet? | 就不能强行取出子弹吗 |
[25:32] | – Get a search warrant? – Check with the lawyers. | -去开张搜查令 -得去问问律师 |
[25:34] | Doreen’s partner, Ken Mazzacone, | 多琳的舞伴 肯·马扎孔 |
[25:36] | served a stint at Camp Hill in ’82 for dealing coke. | 82年因为贩毒在露营山服役过 |
[25:39] | Went straight, got a license with the city, drives a cab now. | 出来后洗心革面 考了驾照 现在是出租车司机 |
[25:42] | Want to go see him? | 想去见见他吗 |
[25:43] | Where are you with Doreen and Sonya? | 多琳和松娅那边进展如何 |
[25:45] | Both got motive, both got alibis. | 都有动机 但都有不在场证明 |
[25:47] | They say they were on the dance floor when the fire broke out. | 她们说火灾发生的时候她们都在舞池里 |
[25:49] | Witness statements from ’78 back that up? | 和78年的证人的证词对得上吗 |
[25:52] | Yeah, I’m on it. | 对得上 我查到了 |
[25:53] | You two, see if you can find this cab dirver. | 你们俩 去找这个出租车司机 |
[25:55] | Lil, go visit ADA Kite | 阿莉 去找一下副地检官凯特 |
[25:57] | and find out about that search warrant for Mr. Rigley’s backside. | 看看能否开一张针对里格力先生臀部的搜查令 |
[26:14] | Gotta take the first hack in line. | 你们得搭最前面的那辆 |
[26:15] | You’re the hack we want, Ken. | 你这辆才是我们想搭的 肯 |
[26:16] | Do us a favor, step on out of there. | 配合点 站到车外面来 |
[26:24] | You remember “Benny the Nose”, Ken? | 还记得本尼”丑鼻子”吗 肯 |
[26:27] | From The Bell? Yeah, I remember Benny. | 贝尔铃的那个吗 我记得他 |
[26:30] | Turns out he was murdered before the fire broke out. | 他在火灾前就被人杀了 |
[26:33] | – That’s a shame. – Ain’t it? | -真遗憾 -可不是 |
[26:36] | – What’s it got to do with me? – We heard you didn’t like him. | -和我有什么关系 -我们听说你不喜欢他 |
[26:39] | That a crime? He was uppity. | 那也有罪吗 他太自负了 |
[26:41] | ‘Cause he was a jew? | 因为他是个犹太人 |
[26:42] | ‘Cause he was a drag. A real Goody Two-shoes. | 因为他是个混蛋 是个两面派伪君子 |
[26:45] | Wouldn’t deal coke for Chaney, right? | 可他不会和琛尼贩毒 是吧 |
[26:48] | Relax. This isn’t drug bust. | 别紧张 我们不是缉毒的 |
[26:50] | Well, yeah. | 好吧 对 |
[26:51] | Chaney didn’t like a lot of people telling him no. | 琛尼不喜欢别人拒绝他 |
[26:53] | He liked you, though. | 可他喜欢你 |
[26:55] | Hey, I ain’t denying I made a little extra cash, | 我可没否认我帮琛尼卖货 |
[26:58] | selling merchandise for Mr. Chaney. | 赚了些外快 |
[26:59] | Except you used more than you sold. | 只不过你吸掉得比你卖掉的还多 |
[27:02] | Ended up owing Chaney a lot of moeny. | 最后欠了琛尼很多钱 |
[27:03] | Heard you had a real love affair going with the nose candy. | 听说你还很有瘾 |
[27:06] | Yeah, well, I’m off of | 是 不过我戒了 |
[27:07] | that particular diet plan now, as you can see. | 不用那个减肥食谱了 你也看得出来 |
[27:10] | Thousand bucks, though. | 不过好几千块呢 |
[27:11] | Go a long way to paying off your debt. | 要还清的话得好久吧 |
[27:13] | All you had to do was eliminate the competition. | 不过你只要除掉竞争对手就行了 |
[27:15] | I’ve eliminated nobody. Didn’t need to. | 我可谁都没除掉 没必要 |
[27:17] | I was just as good a dancer as Benny was. | 我和本尼一样 舞跳得很好 |
[27:19] | We heard Benny was the king. | 据我们所知 本尼号称舞王 |
[27:21] | Then you heard wrong. | 那你们听错了 |
[27:23] | Where were you when the fire broke out, Ken? | 火灾发生的时候你在哪里 肯 |
[27:26] | I was on the floor, warming up with Doreen. | 我在舞池里 和多琳热身 |
[27:52] | Who’s the rabbi? | 那个拉比是谁 |
[27:52] | 拉比是犹太人中的一个特别阶层 主要为有学问的学者 是老师 也是智者的象征 | |
[27:54] | That’s Benny’s dad. | 那是本尼他爸 |
[27:55] | – You sure? – Yeah, Mr. Rosen. | -你确定 -对 是罗森先生 |
[27:56] | He comes into the cleaners sometimes. | 他有时来我们干洗店 |
[27:58] | – I’m gonna go say hello. – Why? | -我去和他打个招呼 -为什么 |
[28:00] | Because he’s looking for Benny, | 因为他在找本尼 |
[28:02] | and I’m gonna point him in the right direction. | 我要给他指个路 |
[28:04] | Mess with the Nose’s head. | 好好捉弄一下”丑鼻子”他爸 |
[28:09] | Mr. Rosen, Doreen Di Nova, from the Fluff and Fold. | 罗森先生 我是”折叠折扣”洗衣店的多琳·迪·诺娃 |
[28:15] | – Have you seen my son? – Sure, | -你见过我儿子吗 -当然 |
[28:17] | he’s in the White Room. Come on. | 他在白厅 跟我来吧 |
[28:20] | Know why they call it the White Room, Mr.Rosen? | 罗森先生 你知道为什么那里叫白厅吗 |
[28:23] | ‘Cause that’s where they do the blow. | 因为人都在那儿吸毒 |
[28:26] | Cocaine. | 可卡因 |
[28:28] | You’d better stop talking, young man. | 你最好赶紧住口 年轻人 |
[28:30] | Or? | 不然呢 |
[28:32] | You don’t wanna know “Or”. | 你不会想知道”不然”会怎样 |
[28:36] | Right in there. | 就在那儿 |
[28:38] | Yeah, say shalomy to Benny for us. | 代我们向本尼问好 |
[28:43] | Man was pissed going into that room. | 那老兄进那房间的时候都快气炸了 |
[28:46] | I wouldn’t wanna be Benny at that moment. | 那个时候我可就不羡慕本尼了 |
[28:49] | And you’re positive it was Benny’s father. | 你确定那是本尼他爸 |
[28:51] | Hey, who else would be at The Bell, | 不然还有谁会头上顶着个飞盘 |
[28:53] | hanging out with a Frisbee on his head? | 在贝尔铃里转悠 |
[28:59] | – Not a chance. – Don’t say that, Kite. | -不可能 -别说这么绝 凯特 |
[29:01] | No judge is gonna sign a search warrant | 没有法官会签发一张 |
[29:03] | for a guy’s body cavity to remove a bullet. Just won’t happen. | 开体腔取子弹的搜查令 不可能 |
[29:07] | – So that’s it? – That’s it. No sale. | -那就这样了 -就这样 没得商量 |
[29:09] | – Out of luck. – Try again tomorrow. | -一点余地都没有 -明天再试试 |
[29:10] | Just like the exhumation. | 就像上次开棺验尸一样 |
[29:13] | You’re still smarting about that? | 你还惦记着那件事 |
[29:15] | – We’re supposed to be on the same team here. – We are. | -我们应该统一战线 -本来就是 |
[29:18] | And my job, as your teammate, | 我作为你的战友 职责就是 |
[29:21] | is to let you know what’s legally plausible. | 让你知道什么是合法的 |
[29:24] | This isn’t. | 这事就不合法 |
[29:25] | How about the city offering some cash as incentive? | 那能不能让市政府提供点搜查资金呢 |
[29:29] | What I… what is this case anyway? | 这到底是个什么案子 |
[29:32] | It’s a… disco murder. | 是…迪厅谋杀案 |
[29:36] | Disco? | 迪厅 |
[29:40] | Look at it. | 瞧着 |
[29:41] | Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk | 从我的步子就能看出来 |
[29:43] | I’m a woman’s man, no time to talk… | 我已名草有主 没空和你闲谈 |
[29:46] | – Stop that, Kite. – We should go dancing. | -别这样 凯特 -我们应该去跳舞 |
[29:47] | We should go dancing. | 我们应该去跳舞 |
[29:48] | No… no. | 不要 不要 |
[29:50] | 我就当那是有可能了 | |
[29:55] | 凯特 说真的 | |
[29:56] | – In love… – this could be a deal breaker. | -恋爱啦 -前提是这件事得办妥 |
[30:03] | Eh, this, uh… | 这个… |
[30:05] | this guy, the, uh… with the slug in his ass, | 这个屁股里有个子弹的家伙 |
[30:09] | is he in any trouble with the law? | 他有没有违反什么法律 |
[30:11] | Out an parole for a B and E. | 犯了入室行窃 正在假释期 |
[30:14] | Let me talk to his parole officer. | 我来和他的假释官谈谈 |
[30:15] | See if he’ll go for reduced | 看能不能和他谈通 |
[30:17] | parole in exchange for getting that slug taken out. | 用他屁股里的那颗子弹换个几年 |
[30:20] | Do I have to do anything in return? | 我要拿什么报答你吗 |
[30:23] | Dance. | 跳舞 |
[30:27] | Why didn’t you tell us | 你为什么不告诉我们 |
[30:29] | you were at the disco that night, Mr.Rosen? | 那晚你也在迪厅 罗森先生 |
[30:33] | I didn’t see how it mattered. | 我不知道这和案件有什么关系 |
[30:36] | Your wife know you went to see Benny that night? | 你妻子知道你那晚去见本尼了吗 |
[30:40] | In orthodox temples, men and women sit apart. | 在传统寺庙里 男女是分开坐的 |
[30:44] | I was gone and back before the service was over. | 我在仪式结束之前就回去了 |
[30:47] | She didn’t know. | 她不知道 |
[30:50] | What did you say to your son? | 你对你儿子说了什么 |
[30:52] | – That’s private. – Not good enough, Mr.Rosen. | -那是隐私 -这样可不好 罗森先生 |
[30:55] | Don’t you wanna know who killed your boy? The 22 other people? | 你难道不想知道是谁杀了你儿子和其他22个人吗 |
[30:57] | – Unless you already know. – We know you got a temper. | -除非你已经知道了 -我们知道你很生气 |
[31:00] | And how betrayed you felt by Benny. | 你觉得本尼背叛了你 |
[31:02] | You think I killed my own son? | 你觉得我杀了我亲生儿子 |
[31:05] | You had opportunity and motive. | 你有作案时间 也有作案动机 |
[31:07] | You disapproved of him. You said so yourself. | 你不认同他 你自己也这么说了 |
[31:10] | For good reason. | 我的理由合情合理 |
[31:18] | Dad. | 爸 |
[31:19] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[31:25] | How can you pray in this cesspool? | 你怎么能在这种鬼地方祈祷 |
[31:27] | What’s it matter where I pray, huh, as long as I pray? | 我在哪儿祈祷重要吗 只要我祈祷不就行了吗 |
[31:30] | And what are you praying for? | 你在祈祷什么 |
[31:32] | To win a ridiculous dance contest? | 赢场可笑的舞蹈大赛吗 |
[31:35] | Or to get your hands on more blow? | 还是能多吸点粉 |
[31:37] | I don’t do that, Dad. | 我不吸粉 爸 |
[31:39] | Come to temple with me. It’s Friday night. The Sabbath. | 和我去寺庙吧 今天是周五 是安息日 |
[31:42] | I’m not gonna temple. | 我不会去寺庙 |
[31:45] | I’m not gonna dental school either, Dad. | 我也不会去牙医学校 爸 |
[31:51] | You choose this degradation over your heritage? | 你为了这样堕落下去 连传统都摒弃了 |
[31:54] | This is my heritage now, Dad. | 这就是我的传统 爸 |
[31:56] | – Disco. – Disco’s a fad. | -蹦迪 -蹦迪只是一时狂热 |
[31:58] | Your family, the temple, that’s your life. | 你的家人 寺庙 那才是你的生活 |
[32:01] | Disco’s my life, Dad. | 蹦迪才是我的生活 爸 |
[32:03] | All right? It’s not a fad. | 知道吗 那不是一时狂热 |
[32:07] | It’s here to stay. | 这里是我的归宿 |
[32:10] | And so am I. | 我会坚持下去 |
[32:12] | In fact… | 事实上 |
[32:14] | I’m gonna marry my dance partner, | 我还准备娶我的舞伴为妻 |
[32:17] | the girl I love. | 我爱她 |
[32:19] | The shiksa. | 那个异教姑娘 |
[32:28] | You do and you’ll never step foot in my house again. | 你要敢这么干 就永远别想再踏进我家门一步 |
[32:38] | Fine. | 行 |
[32:40] | Fine. | 行 |
[32:46] | Then you’re no longer my son. | 你从此不再是我儿子 |
[32:53] | I renounce you. | 我和你断绝关系 |
[32:58] | It’s why I didn’t tell you. | 所以我不肯告诉你们 |
[33:01] | Why I never told my wife. | 我也从来没和我妻子提起过 |
[33:05] | Those were the last words I ever spoke to my son. | 那是我和儿子说的最后一句话 |
[33:10] | “I… renounce… you.” | “我和你断绝关系” |
[33:17] | Where’d you go after you left the White Room, Mr.Rosen? | 你离开白厅之后去了哪里 罗森先生 |
[33:21] | I went back to the temple. | 我回寺庙去了 |
[33:23] | And while I was praying, my son was murdered, | 然后就在我祈祷的时候 我的儿子被人谋杀 |
[33:28] | burned to death. | 活活烧死了 |
[33:43] | Kite did us a solid, swinging that deal with Rigley. | 凯特给我们开了个后门 和里格力谈妥了交易 |
[33:46] | Rigley went for it pretty quick | 里格力很快就同意了 |
[33:47] | when he found out he could miss a day of work. | 毕竟他可以少干点活了 |
[33:50] | Sweeping up cigarette butts in 20-degree weather | 是呆在零下二十度的地方扫烟屁股 |
[33:52] | or taking an easy outpatient procedure. | 还是接受一次门诊小手术 |
[33:54] | I can see taking curtain number two. | 我觉得还是选第二个靠谱 |
[33:55] | Slug’s in pretty good condition, considering. | 看来子弹保存得很好 |
[33:58] | Is it a match to Benny’s bullet? | 和本尼头部的子弹是同一把枪射出的吗 |
[34:00] | Congratulations, Detectives. | 恭喜了 警探们 |
[34:02] | You have twins. | 是同一把枪的 |
[34:06] | Nice. | 漂亮 |
[34:07] | 16 witness statements say Chaney was at the judges’ table, | 16个证人说琛尼一直在评委席上 |
[34:10] | all the way up until the fire. | 直到火灾发生 |
[34:11] | His gun, but he didn’t use it. | 是他的枪 但他没用 |
[34:13] | What about our two dancing queens, Sonya and Doreen, | 那我们那俩舞后 松娅和多琳 |
[34:15] | and the cabbie, Ken Mazzacone? | 还有那出租车司机 肯·马扎孔呢 |
[34:17] | Alibi’s held up. People saw them all on the dance floor. | 都有不在场证明 都有人看到他们在舞池里 |
[34:20] | And we verified David Rosen | 我们也查实了大卫·罗森 |
[34:21] | was back in temple before the fire broke out. | 在火灾发生之前就回到了庙里 |
[34:23] | Who are we overlooking? | 我们忽略了谁 |
[34:25] | Witnesses put Chaney at the judges’ table, | 证人们说琛尼在评委席 |
[34:27] | but what about his son, Paul? | 但是他的儿子保罗呢 |
[34:29] | No statements about his whereabouts. | 没有关于他行踪的供词 |
[34:30] | Just his own, right? Said he was with his father all night. | 只有他的一面之词吧 他说他整晚都和他爸在一起 |
[34:33] | A father who’s conveniently dead. | 他爸也很合时宜地死了 |
[34:35] | Little weasel like him, he’d know where his dad kept his gun. | 像他那样的小鬼头 应该知道他爸藏枪的地方 |
[34:37] | And he’d have access to the White Room. | 而且他也肯定能进到白厅里 |
[34:39] | Only one problem, motive. | 那就只剩下动机了 |
[34:42] | Why would Paul wanna kill Benny Rosen? | 为什么保罗会想要杀死本尼·罗森 |
[34:44] | Paul Chaney was a little perv. | 保罗·琛尼有点变态 |
[34:48] | He have any beef for Benny? | 他对本尼有什么不满吗 |
[34:50] | Paul kind of idolized Benny. | 保罗有点崇拜本尼 |
[34:52] | Wanted to dance like him. | 他也想像本尼那样跳舞 |
[34:55] | He any good? | 那他舞技怎么样 |
[34:57] | Total klutz. | 跟个木头一样 |
[34:58] | He was always showing off for Benny, “Watch me” | 他总是向本尼显摆 说”快看我” |
[35:02] | like an annoying kid brother, you know? | 就跟家里烦人的小弟弟一样 懂吗 |
[35:04] | He show off for Benny the night of the fire? | 他火灾当晚也向本尼显摆了吗 |
[35:08] | Earlier that day he did. | 那天早些时候他倒是有 |
[35:12] | We were rehearsing a number… | 当时我们在排练… |
[35:35] | Hey, Benny, can I cut in? | 本尼 能换我上吗 |
[35:39] | We’re kind of working on a move here, Paul. | 我们正琢磨一个舞步呢 保罗 |
[35:41] | I know, the Argentinean Tango. | 我知道 是阿根廷探戈 |
[35:43] | I can do it. | 我会跳 |
[35:45] | Watch me. | 看我 |
[35:52] | That’s not bad. | 还不错 |
[35:53] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[35:54] | Think I could dancer one day like you, Benny? | 你觉得我有一天也能跳得和你一样好吗 |
[35:56] | Yeah, Paul. Just keep practicing. | 能 保罗 再接再厉 |
[35:59] | I will. ‘Cause, one day, I’m gonna be the king like you. | 我会的 因为有朝一日 我会像你一样成为舞王 |
[36:05] | Hey, Doreen. | 多琳 |
[36:07] | Benny says I’m a good dancer. | 本尼说我跳舞很棒 |
[36:09] | Don’t let it go to your head. He thinks Sonya’s good, too. | 别当回事 他还说松娅跳舞很棒呢 |
[36:18] | Dance with me, Doreen. | 和我跳舞吧 多琳 |
[36:23] | Yeah, all right. | 那好吧 |
[36:43] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[36:55] | Why would a disco queen like Doreen let Paul feel her up? | 为什么多琳那样的舞后会让保罗填补空虚 |
[36:59] | Owner’s son, maybe. | 或许是因为他是老板的儿子 |
[37:01] | Where was Doreen taking the kid? | 多琳把那孩子带去哪里了 |
[37:03] | Toward the White Room. | 朝白厅去了 |
[37:07] | Me and that little twerp? | 我和那个小蠢蛋 |
[37:10] | What, are you nuts? | 你们疯了吧 |
[37:12] | According to Sonya, you guys were all over each other. | 据松娅说的 你俩都快粘一起了 |
[37:15] | He was all over me, more like it. | 是他在占我便宜 这样说才对 |
[37:18] | Why’d you let Paul grope you like that? | 那你为什么要让保罗摸你 |
[37:19] | – I fet sorry for him. – You take him back to the White Room? | -我同情他 -你带他去了白厅 |
[37:24] | We talked to your dancing partner Ken. | 我们和你的舞伴肯谈过了 |
[37:27] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[37:29] | How’s he? | 他怎么样了 |
[37:30] | Fat. | 发福了 |
[37:32] | Ken says he can’t remember | 肯说他不记得 |
[37:33] | you being on the dance floor with him before the fire started. | 起火前你也在舞池里 |
[37:41] | I don’t believe this. | 太难以置信了 |
[37:43] | You’re trying to pin Benny’s murder on me? | 你们要把谋杀本尼的罪硬加到我头上 |
[37:46] | You got motive. | 你有动机 |
[37:47] | And without an alibi, you got opportunity. | 没有了肯的不在场证明 你就有作案时间 |
[37:49] | Unless you give us good reason not to… | 除非你能给出一个更好的理由 |
[37:51] | We’re gonna have to arrest you. | 否则我们就不得不逮捕你了 |
[37:52] | The hell you are. I didn’t kill Benny. | 真是活见鬼 本尼可不是我杀的 |
[37:57] | Then who did? | 那是谁杀的 |
[37:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:01] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[38:05] | I just wanted to win. | 我只是想赢 |
[38:12] | Here’s the deal, you little horndog. | 我们做个交易吧 你这个小发情狗 |
[38:15] | I’m listening. | 我听着呢 |
[38:17] | Benny always comes in here right before dancing, right? | 本尼跳舞之前总是会进来这里 对吧 |
[38:19] | Right. | 对 |
[38:20] | While he’s doing whatever he does, | 他在这里不管做什么 |
[38:22] | you sneak in wearing a ski mask, | 你都带个滑雪面罩溜进来 |
[38:24] | whack him on one of the knee. | 对着他的一只膝盖打 |
[38:27] | Use a baseball bat, a tire iron, anything that’ll do the job. | 用棒球棍 撬胎棒 能管用就行 |
[38:30] | And you’ll let me make it with you? | 然后你就让我和你做爱 |
[38:35] | You knock Benny out of the contest, | 你把本尼打趴下 被迫退赛 |
[38:37] | I’ll let you do whatever you want. | 你想干什么 我都答应 |
[38:41] | The only thing the little twerp was supposed to do | 我只让那个小蠢蛋 |
[38:44] | was wallop Benny on the leg, | 打伤本尼的腿 |
[38:47] | put him out of commission. | 让他不能参赛 |
[38:49] | But instead he killed him. | 可他却杀了他 |
[38:50] | Then torched the place. | 还放火烧了那地方 |
[38:52] | I don’t know what Paul did or didn’t do. | 我不知道保罗到底干了些什么 |
[38:55] | I was on the dance floor like I told you. | 我当时在舞池里 就像我之前说的那样 |
[38:59] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[39:03] | I didn’t want any permanent harm to come to Benny. | 我一点都不想本尼受到任何永久性伤害 |
[39:07] | But the thought of that talentless bitch Sonya | 可是一想到那个毫无天分的贱货松娅 |
[39:10] | winning the contest and wearing the tiara. | 赢得比赛 头上还戴着王冠 |
[39:12] | I couldn’t let that happen. | 我就不能让她得逞 |
[39:16] | You gotta understand | 你要知道 |
[39:18] | I was better than her. | 我比她强多了 |
[39:20] | Way better. | 强太多了 |
[39:24] | 23 counts of murder in the first degree, Paul. | 23项一级谋杀 保罗 |
[39:27] | I want a lawyer. | 我需要律师 |
[39:28] | I don’t blame you. | 这我不怪你 |
[39:29] | Won’t make a difference. | 律师也帮不上忙 |
[39:31] | We got physical evidence. | 我们有物证 |
[39:34] | That’s the slug from Benny Rosen’s skull. | 这是本尼·罗森头骨中的子弹 |
[39:36] | That’s the slug from your dad’s gun, | 这颗子弹是从你爸的枪里射出的 |
[39:38] | one you threw in the Delaware. | 就是你扔在特拉华州的那把枪 |
[39:40] | Maybe you forgot, you shot a burglar back in ’77. | 可能你忘了 你在77年射伤了一个窃贼 |
[39:43] | They’re a perfect match, Paul. | 这两枚子弹完全吻合 保罗 |
[39:49] | So? | 所以呢 |
[39:50] | So we know the bullet that killed Benny came from your dad’s gun. | 所以射杀本尼的子弹是从你爸枪里发出的 |
[39:54] | Which you had access to. | 你能接触到那把枪 |
[39:56] | Plus Doreen told us about your little deal | 而且多琳也坦白了你们的小交易 |
[40:00] | knock Benny out of the contest, get some action in returen | 你让本尼退赛 就能得到点肉体回报 |
[40:03] | except you knocked him out permanently. | 可是你却把他永久踢出了比赛 |
[40:05] | How do you live with yourself, Paul? | 你怎么过得了自己这关 保罗 |
[40:07] | Knowing you killed the disco king you worshipped, | 你杀了你最崇拜的蹦迪舞王 |
[40:09] | not to mention 22 other people? | 更别说还连带着另外22条人命 |
[40:11] | 23 if you count your dad who drank himself to death. | 再算上你爸最终饮酒过度而亡 那就是23条 |
[40:20] | I didn’t kill those people. | 那些人不是我杀的 |
[40:22] | Forensics says you did. | 法医证明是你干的 |
[40:23] | So does Doreen. | 多琳也能证明 |
[40:26] | It wasn’t my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[40:27] | Whose was it? | 那是谁的错 |
[40:31] | It was… | 是… |
[40:33] | it was Benny’s fault. | 是本尼的错 |
[41:28] | Paul, what the hell? | 保罗 搞什么鬼 |
[41:30] | Benny, I can explain. | 本尼 我可以解释 |
[41:33] | Get off of me, you little twerp, before I kick your ass. | 放开我 你这个蠢蛋 趁我还没动手 |
[41:42] | What are you calling me that for, Benny? | 你凭什么那样叫我 本尼 |
[41:44] | All I ever wanted to do was be like you. | 我只是想和你一样 |
[41:46] | You, like me? | 和我一样 就凭你 |
[41:48] | You’re the worst disco dancer in Philly. | 你跳的舞是整个费城最烂的 |
[41:57] | You think you’re such hot stuff, | 你以为你自己很优秀 |
[41:58] | hogging up all the foxes for yourself. | 能让所有的美女都为你倾倒 |
[42:00] | Well, you ain’t such hot stuff now, are you? | 可你现在一点都不性感 是吧 |
[42:51] | 歌曲 Lasst Dance 歌手 Donna Summer | |
[45:00] | We dance round in a ring and suppose, But the Secret sits in the middle and knows. | |
[45:00] | 我们绕圈起舞 浮想联翩 秘密稳坐圆心 心知肚明 |