时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | – Two bucks. – Here you go. | -两块钱 -给你 |
[00:16] | – Thanks. – Later, bro. | -谢谢 -回见 兄弟 |
[00:25] | Buck 29. | 二十九块 |
[00:27] | I only have a dollar. | 我只有一块钱 |
[00:29] | – Is this for school? – Yeah. | -是上学用的吗 -对 |
[00:32] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[00:33] | Education’s important. | 好好学习很重要 |
[00:35] | You don’t wanna end up like those mutts on the corner. | 你不想变成街角那群小混混吧 |
[00:43] | Get outta here. | 快走吧 |
[00:45] | – And be careful. – Thanks, mister. | -路上小心点 -谢谢你 先生 |
[01:50] | Boss! | 老大 |
[01:53] | Takeout’s getting cold. | 外卖快凉了 |
[01:58] | Vera’s wolfing down the last of the sweet and sour. | 维拉正狼吞虎咽地消灭那份糖醋小菜 |
[02:01] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[02:03] | The Sixers traded Allen Iverson. | 76人队交易了阿伦·艾弗森 |
[02:09] | Boss… | 老大 |
[02:11] | – Food’s here. – Oh, thanks, Lil. | -吃的来了 -谢谢 阿莉 |
[02:13] | I’m not hungry. | 我还不饿 |
[02:15] | You got something on a cold one? | 是不是哪桩悬案有新的线索 |
[02:18] | No, I just come down to take a look at that case every once in a while. | 没有 我只是时不时下来看看那宗案子 |
[02:20] | Any reason? | 有什么原因吗 |
[02:22] | Tender age. The kid was eight. | 死者是个小孩子 当年才八岁 |
[02:24] | Your job? | 是你的案子吗 |
[02:38] | No…No! | 不…不要 |
[02:40] | No! | 不 |
[02:41] | No! | 不 |
[02:43] | My little boy! | 我的孩子 |
[02:46] | Calm down, please ,sir. | 先生 请你冷静 |
[02:53] | Any good leads? | 有什么有用的线索吗 |
[02:55] | Oh, plenty. None panned out. | 有过不少 不过都无疾而终 |
[02:56] | Three black teenagers were main suspects. | 三个黑人少年是主要嫌犯 |
[02:59] | We nearly had a race riot in the neighborhood when the kid died. | 那孩子死后附近差点引发一场种族暴动 |
[03:05] | You wanna take a look at it? | 你想看看卷宗吗 |
[03:08] | You got something new on it? | 你有什么新线索了吗 |
[03:10] | No. You get fresh eyes. | 没有 你一向独具慧眼 |
[03:13] | Maybe you’ll see something I missed. | 也许你能发现什么被我漏掉的线索 |
[03:15] | Any reason you’re looking back now? | 怎么突然想到过来翻旧案呢 |
[03:18] | Today? | 为什么是今天 |
[03:22] | What am I, one of your suspects? | 现在怎么着 把我当成你的嫌犯了吗 |
[03:23] | Well, you’re avoiding my questions like one? | 你这样躲避我的问题 倒挺可疑 |
[03:28] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:30] | I can take a hint. | 我知道你不会说的 |
[03:32] | Be mysterious. | 故弄玄虚 |
[04:11] | Tim Barnes was hit once in the face below the right eye, | 蒂姆·巴恩斯右眼下方遭到重击 |
[04:14] | presumably knocked unconscious. | 大概是被打昏过去了 |
[04:15] | He died of hypothermia. | 后死于体温过低 |
[04:16] | No prints, no witnesses. | 没有指纹 没有目击者 |
[04:18] | The lead suspect was a 16-year-old glue-sniffer | 头号嫌犯是一名十六岁的胶毒吸食者 |
[04:21] | named Latrell Richmond. | 名叫拉特尔·里士满 |
[04:23] | Juvenile record of assault and burglary. | 他年轻时有人身侵犯和入室行窃的案底 |
[04:25] | He and his pals hung out at a corner by the store | 他和他的朋友们曾在蒂姆·巴恩斯 |
[04:27] | where Tim Barnes bought that notebook. | 买笔记本的店铺外的街角处出没 |
[04:29] | You interview him? | 你审问过他 |
[04:31] | That night. | 就在当天晚上 |
[04:32] | So after the boy goes into the store? | 那么那个男孩进入商店以后呢 |
[04:35] | I saw him leave. | 我看见他走了 |
[04:37] | Headed north on Grover. | 朝着格罗夫大道北边去了 |
[04:39] | What did you do | 你看见那男孩 |
[04:39] | after you saw the boy walking north on Grover? | 往格罗夫大道北边去之后做了什么 |
[04:42] | Nothing. Chilled. | 什么都没做 嗑药呢 |
[04:44] | You didn’t follow him, maybe try and rob him? | 你没跟着他 也许你试图抢劫他 |
[04:48] | You deaf, Stillman? | 你是聋了吗 斯蒂尔曼 |
[04:50] | I gotta repeat everything? | 我每件事都要重说一遍吗 |
[04:53] | Anyone see you chillin’ on the corner, Latrell? | 有人看见你在街角嗑药吗 拉特尔 |
[04:56] | Other than your two friends? | 除了你那两个朋友之外 |
[04:58] | No, it was… it was cold out. | 没有 外面挺冷的 |
[05:00] | Nobody was out. | 没有人在外面呆着 |
[05:01] | What about Mr. Murphy, the store clerk? | 那墨菲先生呢 那个店员 |
[05:03] | – He see you chillin’? – How do I know? | -他看见你在嗑药吗 -我怎么知道 |
[05:05] | I stayed away from that white boy. | 我离那个白人男孩远远的 |
[05:07] | Cracker hates the black man, | 克莱克讨厌黑人 |
[05:08] | just like the Philly PD. | 就像费城的警察一样 |
[05:12] | We released him into his mother’s custody. | 我们把他放了 交由他母亲监管 |
[05:14] | We were gonna box him in the morning, | 本来第二天早晨我们就要把他带回来的 |
[05:16] | but he’d disappeard by then. | 但是那时他已经不见了 |
[05:18] | How about his two friends? | 那他那两个朋友呢 |
[05:19] | They were polygraphed. Both passed. | 他们都接受过测谎 都通过了 |
[05:21] | One is dead now, | 现在其中一个已经死了 |
[05:22] | and the other’s serving time, won’t talk to cops. | 另一个在服役期 不跟警察谈话 |
[05:25] | Latrell’s mom around? | 拉特尔的妈妈还在 |
[05:26] | Yeah, she and his two sisters always | 对 她和他的两个姐姐一直 |
[05:27] | claimed they had no idea where he went. | 宣称她们不知道他去了哪里 |
[05:29] | Let’s fan out. | 咱们分头行动吧 |
[05:31] | I’ll go to the parents. You go to the store clerk. | 我去跟家长谈 你去找那个店员 |
[05:33] | The clerk was the last to see Tim alive? | 那个店员是蒂姆生前最后一个看到他的人 |
[05:35] | Yep. | 对 |
[05:36] | Maybe Jeffries and Vera can pay Latrell’s family a visit. | 也许杰弗里斯和维拉可以去一趟拉特尔家 |
[05:40] | Good. | 好的 |
[05:43] | Tim loved delivering the mail with his dad in the summer. | 蒂姆夏天最爱跟着他爸爸一起送信 |
[05:49] | Your other two? | 你另外两个孩子呢 |
[05:50] | Uh, that’s Tina in California. | 那是蒂娜 在加州 |
[05:52] | She’s a vet now, lives in Modesto. | 她现在是名兽医了 住在莫德斯托 |
[05:54] | And that’s Brian, he’s my youngest. | 那个是布莱恩 他是我的小儿子 |
[05:56] | He’s a law student of Syracus. | 他在雪城大学学法律 |
[05:59] | Oh, Greg, honey. | 格雷戈 亲爱的 |
[06:01] | Uh, this is Detective Rush. She’s here about Tim. | 这位是拉什探员 她是为蒂姆的事来的 |
[06:05] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[06:05] | I’d like to talk to you about the night he was killed. | 我想跟你谈谈他遇害那晚的事 |
[06:08] | Lieutenant Stillman sent me. | 斯蒂尔曼中尉派我来的 |
[06:13] | He’s lieutenant now, huh? | 他都升中尉了 |
[06:17] | He was a nice man. | 他是个好人 |
[06:23] | I told her it was okay. I can handle it. | 我告诉她没关系 我可以承受 |
[06:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:27] | You wanna know what happened that night, I’ll tell you. | 你想知道那晚发生了什么 我会告诉你 |
[06:30] | Once. | 只说一次 |
[06:35] | Hey, mom, can I go to the store to buy a notebook for math? | 妈妈 我能去商店买本数学笔记本吗 |
[06:37] | Ask your father. | 问你爸去 |
[06:38] | I got a dollar. I’ll pay for it. | 我有一块钱 我会自己付钱的 |
[06:39] | I said ask your father. | 我说了 问你爸去 |
[06:46] | – Dad, that hurt. – Hey, dad, | -爸爸 你弄疼我了 -爸爸 |
[06:47] | can I go to the store to buy a notebook for math class? | 我能去商店买个数学笔记本吗 |
[06:49] | Stop it! Stop it! | 停下 停下 |
[06:50] | Tina, your hair’s gotta be washed. | 蒂娜 你必须得把头发给洗了 |
[06:52] | – Dad. – No, it doesn’t. | -爸爸 -不 不用洗 |
[06:53] | – Dad. – What? | -爸爸 -干什么 |
[06:54] | Can I go to the store to buy a notebook? | 我能去商店买本笔记本吗 |
[06:56] | – Ask your mother. – But she said to ask you. | -问你妈去 -但是她让我问你 |
[06:59] | Are we done, Daddy? | 洗完了吗 爸爸 |
[07:01] | Stop squirming. | 别乱动 |
[07:03] | Forget you. | 算了吧 |
[07:04] | Tina, stop squirming. | 蒂娜 别动 |
[07:10] | You have kids… Detective? | 你有孩子吗 探员 |
[07:13] | Because you don’t know | 因为你生了两个后 |
[07:14] | the meaning of exhaustion | 又添了一个得了疝气痛的 |
[07:15] | until you’ve had a colicky newborn on top of two others. | 否则你不会了解疲惫的真意 |
[07:19] | We were outgunned, weren’t we, honey? | 我们实在应付不来了 是吧 亲爱的 |
[07:21] | Three against two. | 三对二 |
[07:22] | How much time passed before you noticed Tim was missing? | 你们过了多久才注意到蒂姆不见了 |
[07:25] | Um… two… | 两个… |
[07:28] | two and a half hours. | 两个半小时 |
[07:31] | That’s how nuts we were. | 我们就是这么离谱 |
[07:32] | Then what’d you do? | 之后你们做了什么 |
[07:34] | We called Tim’s friends. | 我们给蒂姆的朋友们打电话 |
[07:35] | Um, checked around the block, | 在街区附近来回找了找 |
[07:38] | and pretty soon we got scared, so we called the cops. | 很快我们就害怕了 所以就报了警 |
[07:41] | By the time they found him… | 他们找到蒂姆的时候 |
[07:44] | Tim was frozen to death. | 他已经被冻死了 |
[07:47] | If we would have just noticed him missing earlier… | 要是我们能早点发现他不见了… |
[07:50] | It’s okay, sweetie. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[07:54] | Like I said, once is all I’m gonna tell that story. | 就像我说的 那个故事我只会讲一遍 |
[08:05] | Watch that. | 小心点 |
[08:12] | Wilma Richmond? | 你是威尔玛·里士满吗 |
[08:14] | Detectives Vera, Jeffries. | 我们是维拉探员和杰弗里斯探员 |
[08:15] | My daughters told me you called them. | 我的女儿们告诉我你给她们打电话了 |
[08:18] | You ain’t gonna get nothing outta me you didn’t get outta my girls. | 你从她们那里问不出的事 问我也没用 |
[08:21] | Think maybe we can come in, Ms. Wilma? | 我们能进去谈吗 威尔玛女士 |
[08:22] | Yeah, we are, uh, sitting ducks out here. | 我们在外面容易被孩子们击中 |
[08:24] | And it’s cold. | 而且还很冷 |
[08:25] | Don’t bother the kids none. | 那就别打扰那些小孩 |
[08:27] | Besides, you got blubber on you. | 而且你们脂肪层不是挺厚吗 |
[08:31] | We’ll only be a minute. | 我们就进去待一会儿 |
[08:39] | So your daughters say they haven’t seen Latrell | 你的女儿们说自从1980年拉特尔失踪后 |
[08:40] | since the night he disappeard in 1980. | 她们就没再见过他 |
[08:43] | Ditto. | 我也是 |
[08:44] | No phone calls, letters? | 他没打过电话 没写过信吗 |
[08:46] | What did I just say? | 我刚才说什么了 |
[08:49] | Besides, if I knew where Latrell was, | 而且 就算我知道拉特尔在哪儿 |
[08:51] | which I don’t, you think I’d tell you? | 当然 我不知道 你觉得我会告诉你们吗 |
[08:56] | Don’t hear me wrong. I feel bad for that family, | 别误会我的意思 我很同情那家人家 |
[08:59] | but they’re not the only ones lost a boy that night. | 但是在那晚失去一个儿子的不只是他们 |
[09:02] | I lost my son the same as they lost theirs. | 跟他们一样 我也失去了我的儿子 |
[09:06] | So what happened that night, | 那么那晚你把拉特尔从凶案组带回家后 |
[09:08] | after you brought Latrell home from Homicide? | 发生了什么事 |
[09:12] | I don’t like to think about that night. | 我不想去回想那天晚上的事 |
[09:15] | – We can understand that. – Oh, yeah? | -我们可以理解 -是吗 |
[09:17] | You lost a boy, Detective? | 你儿子也不见了是吗 探员 |
[09:19] | – No, ma’am. – Then why are you talking about understanding? | -没有 女士 -那你跟我谈什么理解 |
[09:23] | Trell was my eldest, | 特尔是我的大儿子 |
[09:25] | the man of the house, | 是这个家的顶梁柱 |
[09:28] | but he was still just a boy. | 但他当时也只是个孩子 |
[09:30] | We’ll get us a lawyer, Trell. | 我们可以请个律师 特尔 |
[09:32] | You ain’t gotta run. | 你用不着逃跑 |
[09:33] | We can’t afford no lawyer. | 我们付不起律师费 |
[09:35] | Where are you gonna go? | 你要去哪儿 |
[09:37] | Don’t know, but if I stay here, | 不知道 但是如果我留下的话 |
[09:39] | the police’ll beat my ass till I confess, | 警察会屈打成招 |
[09:41] | pin this murder on me. | 把这桩谋杀罪赖在我身上的 |
[09:42] | You know they will. | 你知道他们会的 |
[09:46] | – You got any money? – No. | -你有钱吗 -没有 |
[09:54] | Here. | 拿着 |
[09:57] | – I’m not cleaning you out, Mom. – Take it. | -我不能把你榨干 妈 -拿着吧 |
[10:13] | 16 years old. | 他才十六岁 |
[10:17] | Can you imagine how scared he was? | 你们能想象他有多害怕吗 |
[10:22] | Your grandkids? | 这是你的孙子们吗 |
[10:25] | From my daughters. | 都是外孙 |
[10:27] | Thank God I at least have them. | 感谢上帝至少我还有他们 |
[10:32] | Now if you don’t mind, | 如果你们不介意 |
[10:33] | why don’t you go harass some other innocent black people? | 还是去骚扰一些其他无辜的黑人吧 |
[10:40] | 墨菲建筑公司 商用·民用 | |
[10:46] | Sean Murphy. | 我是肖恩·墨菲 |
[10:48] | Call me Murph– everyone does. | 叫我老墨吧 大家都这么叫 |
[10:50] | You’re a long way | 你现在和当初的小店员工相比 |
[10:51] | from clerking at the five-and-dime, Murph. | 可是有天壤之别了啊 老墨 |
[10:53] | That’s what a little hard work can do. | 只要工作努力一点 谁都可以的 |
[10:56] | So… | 那么说… |
[10:57] | this is about Tim Barnes? | 你是为了蒂姆·巴恩斯来的 |
[10:58] | I understand you were the last person to see him alive. | 你是他生前最后一个见到他的人 |
[11:00] | Aside from whoever killed him. | 除了凶手之外 |
[11:03] | He bought some from your store? | 他在你店里买过东西 |
[11:04] | A black-and-white composition book. | 一本黑白印刷的写字本 |
[11:07] | Was Tim a kid you knew from the neighborhood? | 你知道蒂姆是这个小区的居民吗 |
[11:09] | He came into the store occasionally, | 他偶尔会来店里 |
[11:11] | never had enough money. | 带的钱从来都不够 |
[11:12] | I’d let him slide. | 我总是不跟他计较 |
[11:14] | Felt sorry for him. | 我对他感到很遗憾 |
[11:15] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[11:16] | There were these black kids in the area. | 那个地区有一些黑人孩子 |
[11:18] | I think they were picking on him. | 我想他们一直在欺负他 |
[11:19] | They do that a lot? | 他们总那么做吗 |
[11:21] | They were always hanging around the corner, harassing people. | 他们总在街角转悠 骚扰别人 |
[11:23] | Mutts had the lazy gene, if you know what I mean. | 笨蛋常懒惰 如果你懂我意思的话 |
[11:26] | You see Tim with them mutts that night? | 那晚你看见蒂姆跟那些笨蛋在一起了 |
[11:28] | You bet I did. | 我当然看见了 |
[11:49] | They ever bother you? | 他们找过你麻烦吗 |
[11:50] | No, they knew better. | 没有 他们不敢 |
[11:54] | You know this guy? | 你认识这个人吗 |
[11:55] | Yeah. | 认识 |
[11:56] | Yeah, he was the ringleader of those kids. | 对 他是那些孩子的小头目 |
[11:59] | – Laquanda or something. – Latrell. | -叫拉昆达还是什么 -拉特尔 |
[12:01] | You didn’t actually see him or any of his pals | 不过你其实没真正看见他或者他的同伙 |
[12:03] | hurt the boy though, did you? | 伤害那个男孩 是吧 |
[12:04] | If I would have seen something, I would have intervened. | 要是我看见了什么 我一定会去干涉的 |
[12:07] | I would have kick those… | 我会把那些… |
[12:09] | African-American young gentlemen’s asses. | 黑人青年狠揍一顿的 |
[12:18] | The Barnes speak highly of you. | 巴恩斯一家对你评价很高 |
[12:20] | How are they doing? | 他们过得怎么样 |
[12:22] | Getting by, I guess. | 我猜在慢慢恢复吧 |
[12:25] | That kind of wound doesn’t heal. | 那种伤口是不会愈合的 |
[12:27] | I used to call them a lot. | 我原来总是给他们打电话 |
[12:28] | I stopped when I didn’t have anything new to tell them. | 当我不再有任何新进展的时候就不打了 |
[12:32] | – You buying baby furniture? – No, it’s my daughter. | -你要买婴儿家具 -不 是我女儿 |
[12:34] | – She’s pregnant. – How far along? | -她怀孕了 -多久了 |
[12:36] | A couple of months. I just found out. | 有几个月了 我刚刚才知道 |
[12:41] | Anything from Latrell’s family? | 拉特尔家那里有什么收获吗 |
[12:43] | Mother and sisters are sticking to their stories. | 他妈妈和妹妹们还不肯松口 |
[12:45] | You think he could be dead? | 你觉得他会不会已经死了 |
[12:47] | I doubt it. Latrell was a survivor of sorts. | 我觉得不会 他能适应各种环境 |
[12:50] | So is that the new direction? | 所以这就是那个新方向吗 |
[12:53] | Hearing your daughter’s pregnant? | 因为听到了你女儿怀孕的消息 |
[12:55] | It got me thinking about this case, yeah, | 那让我想起了这个案子 没错 |
[12:58] | and feeling guilty. | 而且心怀歉疚 |
[13:00] | About what? | 歉疚什么 |
[13:01] | I was working the Barnes job when my daughter was born. | 我女儿出生时我正在查巴恩斯的案子 |
[13:05] | Yeah, I missed her birth completely. | 没错 我完全错过了她的出世 |
[13:10] | My wife, uh, wasn’t pleased. | 我妻子 不太高兴 |
[13:15] | I lost my marriage over a case | 我为了一个我根本解决不了的案子 |
[13:16] | I couldn’t even solve. | 失去了我的婚姻 |
[13:19] | Well, no wonder you don’t want back on it. | 难怪你不想再继续查了 |
[13:21] | The sad part is, I do, though. | 悲哀的是 其实我是想再查下去的 |
[13:24] | I want this thing solved. I want it put to rest. | 我想把这案子给结了 让一切重归平静 |
[13:28] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[13:31] | No, you don’t, | 不 你还不明白 |
[13:32] | but you will one day. | 但总有一天你会明白 |
[13:35] | Hopefully before I did. | 希望你能赶在我之前明白 |
[13:39] | Murphy’s a piece of work, | 墨菲不是什么好东西 |
[13:41] | into genetics racial superiority. | 他有很强的遗传学种族优越感 |
[13:44] | He thinks Latrell’s the doer? | 他怀疑拉特尔是凶手 |
[13:46] | ID’ed him off his picture in a second flat. | 他一眼就认出来了 |
[13:48] | We got something. | 我们有发现了 |
[13:49] | Latrell’s two sisters, Lisa and Leslie. | 拉特尔的两个妹妹 丽萨和莱丝莉 |
[13:51] | They got three kids apiece. | 她们各有三个孩子 |
[13:53] | But according to Wilma Richmond, she has seven grandkids. | 但据威尔玛·里士满所说 她有七个外孙 |
[13:55] | Yeah, so who’s lucky number seven? | 没错 所以谁是我们幸运的小七呢 |
[13:58] | Thinking maybe he’s Latrell’s? | 也许是拉特尔的孩子 |
[14:00] | We’re gonna find out. | 我们会找出答案的 |
[14:02] | We’re on the street, boss. | 我们出去了 老大 |
[14:05] | Us, too. | 我们也该走了 |
[14:06] | – Going to the crime scene. – Good. | -要去案发现场看一下 -好的 |
[14:09] | Ain’t too often we got the assigned available to go with us. | 我们叫你一起去的次数是不是太频繁了 |
[14:13] | Come on, boss. | 来吧 老大 |
[14:16] | Be a big help. | 你会帮上大忙的 |
[14:19] | I’ll get my coat. | 我去拿外套 |
[14:29] | Used to be a working class neighborhood… | 这个区过去都是工人阶级 |
[14:32] | half black, half white. | 一半黑人 一半白人 |
[14:35] | A lot of racial tension. | 种族关系很紧张 |
[14:45] | This is where Tim died. | 蒂姆就死在这里 |
[14:47] | Except he was lying in snow, not slush. | 不过当时他是躺在雪中 而不是泥里 |
[14:59] | That coffee shop there was a five-and-dime | 那个咖啡馆当时是个小杂货店 |
[15:02] | where Tim Barnes bought his notebook. | 也就是蒂姆·巴恩斯买笔记本的地方 |
[15:04] | Where Murphy worked. | 墨菲那时在这里工作 |
[15:07] | In this corner right here, | 这个街角 |
[15:10] | this is where Latrell and his pals were sniffing glue. | 就是拉特尔和他的朋友吸食胶毒的地方 |
[15:17] | Even the church is getting a facelift. | 连教堂都在翻新 |
[15:19] | The Barnes were Catholics, right? | 巴恩斯一家是天主教徒 是吧 |
[15:20] | Yeah, Tim was in the boys’ choir. | 对 蒂姆当时是男声唱诗班的成员 |
[15:23] | You talked to the priest? | 你跟牧师谈过了吧 |
[15:23] | Yeah. Father Declan. | 对 戴克兰神父 |
[15:24] | He was in the church that night, | 案发那晚他就在教堂里 |
[15:25] | but he didn’t see or hear anything. | 但是他没注意到任何动静 |
[15:27] | There wasn’t a pedophilia scandal back in 1980, was there? | 1980年不是还爆出过恋童癖丑闻吗 |
[15:30] | No. Just pedophilia. | 没 只传说有恋童癖 |
[15:33] | Oh, what, the guy’s a priest, | 怎么 那人是个牧师 |
[15:34] | so automatically he’s a pedophile? | 所以他就一定有恋童癖吗 |
[15:35] | No, but don’t we gotta look at it? | 不是 但是难道我们不该去查查看 |
[15:38] | Well, he was close to the family, both the parents and the kids. | 他过去和那家的大人和小孩都很亲近 |
[15:45] | Diocese won’t disclose the priest’s whereabouts | 没有法院的指令 |
[15:46] | without a court order. | 教区不肯透露那个牧师的下落 |
[15:50] | You got a relationship with ADA Kite, right? | 你跟副检察官凯特很有交情吧 |
[15:53] | What do you mean, a relationship? | 你什么意思 什么叫有交情 |
[15:55] | I mean, maybe you can give him a call. | 我是说 也许你能给他打个电话 |
[15:56] | He could help us, uh, cut through the red tape. | 他能帮我们跳过所有的繁文缛节 |
[15:59] | Yeah, I… could call him. | 对 我…可以给他打电话 |
[16:03] | Did a search of Latrell’s mother’s phone records. | 我查看了一下拉特尔母亲的通话记录 |
[16:05] | Other than her daughters, | 除了她的两个女儿 |
[16:06] | one other name comes up consistently. | 还有一个名字经常出现 |
[16:08] | It’s Candace Smith. | 叫坎迪斯·史密斯 |
[16:10] | Who’s that? | 是什么人 |
[16:10] | 36-year-old nurse with a 14-year-old boy. | 一个三十六岁的护士 有个十四岁的儿子 |
[16:13] | Wilma Richmond had a picture of her kid in her apartment. | 威尔玛·里士满公寓里有张她小孩的照片 |
[16:16] | – Looks to be about 14. – The seventh grandkid? | -看起来差不多十四岁 -那第七个孙子 |
[16:19] | Latrell’s, maybe. With Candace. | 也许是拉特尔的孩子 跟坎迪斯生的 |
[16:23] | Wilma told you to talk to me? | 威尔玛叫你们来找我 |
[16:25] | We’re here about her son, Latrell. | 我们是为了她的儿子拉特尔来的 |
[16:28] | Latrell? | 拉特尔 |
[16:29] | Well, that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. | 我有好久没听到过那个名字了 |
[16:33] | this is a picture of him. | 这是他的照片 |
[16:35] | That there was Latrell. | 他是叫过这个名字 |
[16:36] | A couple of names back, that is. | 他换过很多个名字 |
[16:38] | When I married him, | 我嫁给他的时候 |
[16:39] | he was going by Julius Smith. | 他用的名字是朱烈斯·史密斯 |
[16:42] | Your boy sure looks like him. | 你儿子长得很像他 |
[16:44] | Don’t remind me. | 别让我想起他 |
[16:47] | You wouldn’t happen to know where Julius is, would you? | 你不会刚好知道朱烈斯在哪里吧 |
[16:50] | Michael, wanna give us some privacy? | 迈克 能让我们单独谈谈吗 |
[16:53] | Like I never heard you badmouthing Julius before. | 好像你以前从来没说过朱烈斯坏话似的 |
[16:56] | Go. | 走开 |
[17:02] | Julius Smith is a low-rent, two-timing, | 朱烈斯·史密斯是个没钱又不忠 |
[17:05] | piss-poor excuse of a man. | 一无是处的废物 |
[17:07] | Kicked his worthless butt out the door six years ago. | 六年前我就把他赶出去了 |
[17:10] | He doesn’t call, | 他没打过电话回来 |
[17:11] | – pay child support? – Child support? | -给过你孩子的抚养费吗 -抚养费 |
[17:13] | The day he left, he cleaned me and Michael out. | 他离开那天 把我和迈克洗劫一空 |
[17:16] | Took his own son’s GameBoy. | 把他儿子的游戏机都拿走了 |
[17:18] | – He an addict? – Addict, dealer. | -他吸毒吗 -吸毒 也贩毒 |
[17:19] | Last I heard, | 我最后一次听到的传闻说 |
[17:20] | he was hustling out of the Badlands. | 他正在崎岖之地贩毒 |
[17:22] | But what did he do now? | 他现在在干什么 |
[17:24] | You know what? Don’t tell me. | 还是别告诉我了 |
[17:25] | I don’t want to know. | 我不想知道 |
[17:27] | You find Julius Latrell– | 等你们找到了朱烈斯 拉特尔 |
[17:28] | whatever the hell his name is, | 管他到底叫什么名字 |
[17:30] | tell him his son’s a straight-A student. | 告诉他 他儿子是个全优生 |
[17:33] | He’s grown up to be a real man, | 他会长成一个真正的男人 |
[17:35] | not like his lying ass. | 不会像他一样 满嘴谎话 |
[17:38] | Yes, ma’am, we most definitely will. | 好的 女士 我们一定会转告他 |
[17:45] | I went to law school with Sherman Markey, | 我和谢尔曼·马奇一起上过法学院 |
[17:46] | one of the diocese’s attorneys. | 他是教区的律师之一 |
[17:47] | He spared us the rigmarole. | 他省去了很多复杂的程序 |
[17:49] | Your Father Declan’s | 你要找的戴克兰神父 |
[17:50] | in a retirement home for priests put out to pasture. | 待在专为退休牧师提供的退休公寓里 |
[17:53] | “Sacred Heart Retirement Home.” | “圣心老人屋” |
[17:56] | Thanks, Kite. | 谢了 凯特 |
[17:58] | This priest, he a man-boy-love type? | 这个牧师有恋童癖吗 |
[18:01] | I hope not, but either way, I’ll find out. | 我希望不是 但是与不是 我都会查清楚 |
[18:06] | See ya. | 再见 |
[18:08] | See ya? | 再见 |
[18:10] | What do you want, a thank-you note? | 不然你想要什么 感谢信吗 |
[18:11] | We ever gonna talk about that night on the street? | 不想谈谈那晚在街上发生的事吗 |
[18:13] | Talk about that night… | 谈那晚啊… |
[18:16] | Maybe when this case is over. | 也许等这个案子结了之后吧 |
[18:18] | But then you’ll be on another case. | 但是到时候你又会忙另一桩案子了 |
[18:20] | That’s true. | 那倒是 |
[18:22] | I tell you what. | 告诉你吧 |
[18:25] | You’re the workaholic. | 你就是个工作狂 |
[18:28] | Call me at home. | 给我家打电话 |
[18:30] | I don’t care what time. | 我不在乎是几点 |
[18:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:35] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[18:36] | Tonight wouldn’t be too soon. | 今天晚上打也不算太快 |
[18:51] | – Father Declan? – Yeah? | -戴克兰神父 -什么事 |
[18:53] | Valens, Rush, homicide. | 我们是瓦伦斯和拉什 凶案组的 |
[18:55] | Mind putting it on pause for a minute? | 介意先按个暂停吗 |
[19:02] | What can I do for you? | 我能为你们做点什么 |
[19:04] | You remember a boy named Tim Barnes? | 你还记得一个叫蒂姆·巴恩斯的男孩吗 |
[19:06] | Of course. | 当然记得 |
[19:08] | Tragedy. | 悲剧啊 |
[19:09] | He was in the boys’ choir at your church. | 他原来参加了你教堂的男声合唱团 |
[19:11] | And on your baseball team… | 而且还加入了你的棒球队… |
[19:13] | when you were coaching. | 当时你在执教 |
[19:14] | Are you accusing me of something, Detective? | 你是在指控我犯了什么罪吗 探员 |
[19:17] | You were transferred three months after his murder. | 在他遇害后你被调动了三次 |
[19:19] | At my request. | 那是我要求的 |
[19:23] | – I’m not a pedophile. – So, why’d you decide to leave? | -我没有恋童癖 -那你为什么决定离开 |
[19:28] | My white parishioners blamed the blacks. | 我教区的白人教友把罪行归咎在黑人身上 |
[19:32] | I cautioned them against leaping to conclusions. | 我告诫他们不要太快下结论 |
[19:35] | My position was not popular. | 我的立场可并不受欢迎 |
[19:37] | You don’t think the black kids on the corner did it? | 你认为不是街角的黑人孩子干的吗 |
[19:39] | It’s not for me to say. | 这不是我说了算的 |
[19:42] | In the case file it says you went to the Barnes house the day of the murder. | 卷宗里说凶案当天你去过巴恩斯家 |
[19:45] | Yes, Greg Barnes asked me to check on Nicole. | 是的 格雷戈·巴恩斯请我去看看妮可 |
[19:50] | She was having a hard time coping. | 她那时很难接受现实 |
[19:53] | Needed… cheering up. | 需要… 振作精神 |
[19:59] | Tina! | 蒂娜 |
[20:03] | I don’t know, Father, | 我不知道 神父 |
[20:06] | I-I have these dreams. | 我做了很多梦 |
[20:09] | What kind of dreams? | 什么样的梦 |
[20:13] | Bad ones. | 都是噩梦 |
[20:17] | You’re tired. | 你累了 |
[20:19] | Tired doesn’t cover the half of it. | 说累还远不足以形容那种感觉 |
[20:22] | It’s just… three’s too many. | 只是… 三个实在是太多了 |
[20:26] | Tina, don’t do that again! | 蒂娜 别再捣乱了 |
[20:28] | See what I mean? | 知道我什么意思了吗 |
[20:29] | – Mom! – Not a moment’s peace. | -妈妈 -一刻都不得安宁 |
[20:30] | – Tim hit me. – Did you hit your sister? | -蒂姆打我 -你打你妹妹了 |
[20:34] | Did you hit her? | 你打她了吗 |
[20:35] | Yeah, did you hit your sister? | 说啊 你打你妹妹了吗 |
[20:36] | She-she made me! | 是她逼我的 |
[20:37] | No, buts, Timothy. | 不 没有可是 提摩西 |
[20:38] | I’ve had it up to here! | 我听过的”可是”已经太多了 |
[20:40] | What do I have to do? What do I have to do, huh? | 我该怎么做 我该怎么做 |
[20:42] | – What do I have to do? – Nicole, Nicole. | -我该怎么做 -妮可 妮可 |
[20:43] | What? | 干什么 |
[20:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:55] | Why didn’t you ever tell that to Detective Stillman? | 你为什么没告诉斯蒂尔曼探员 |
[20:57] | Nicole had suffered enough. | 妮可承受的已经够多了 |
[20:59] | Last thing she needed was cops breathing down her neck. | 她最不需要的就是警察的打扰 |
[21:02] | You ever see Nicole hit Timmy? | 你看见过妮可打蒂米吗 |
[21:05] | She was high-strung, emotional. | 她当时很敏感 又情绪化 |
[21:09] | But did you ever see her hit the boy? | 但是你见过她打那个男孩吗 |
[21:14] | Did you talk to Nicole after Tim died? | 蒂姆死后 你跟妮可谈过吗 |
[21:16] | Confession is a sacrament. | 告解是件神圣的事 |
[21:18] | Protected by both church and state law. | 它受教堂和本州法律的保护 |
[21:22] | How about her husband Greg? | 那她丈夫格雷戈呢 |
[21:24] | – Did he come talk to you? – I couldn’t say. | -他来找你谈过吗 -我不能说 |
[21:26] | Couldn’t or wouldn’t? | 不能还是不肯 |
[21:27] | Someone confessed to the murder, didn’t they? | 有人坦诚了罪行 是吧 |
[21:29] | That’s why you left the parish. | 那就是你离开教区的原因 |
[21:30] | You couldn’t stand knowing one of your parishioners | 明知你教区里的一个居民得以逍遥法外 |
[21:32] | got away with it. | 你承受不了 |
[21:33] | I wouldn’t say, regardless. | 我不会说的 无论如何都不会 |
[21:38] | Even if that person killed an 8-year-old boy? | 即便那个人杀死了一个八岁的男孩 |
[21:42] | Even if. | 即便如此 |
[21:47] | Father Declan knows something. | 戴克兰神父知道某些隐情 |
[21:49] | You think Tim’s killer confessed to him? | 你认为杀死蒂姆的凶手向他告解了 |
[21:50] | We already know he was counseling Nicole Barnes. | 我们已知的是他当时在开解妮可·巴恩斯 |
[21:53] | And it turns out | 而结果她从1980年开始 |
[21:54] | she was hospitalized twice for attempted suicides since 1980. | 曾两度因自杀未遂入院 |
[21:57] | Her son was murdered, Lil. | 她儿子被谋杀了 阿莉 |
[21:58] | It’d drive any parent over the edge. | 任何家长都会为此而崩溃 |
[21:59] | According to Declan, | 据戴克兰所说 |
[22:00] | she was over the edge before Tim was killed. | 她在蒂姆被杀前就已经处于崩溃的边缘了 |
[22:03] | You must have looked at her. | 你肯定去查过她的 |
[22:04] | She said she never left the house that night. | 她说她那晚没离开过家 |
[22:05] | Her husband and neighbors backed her up. | 她的丈夫和邻居们给她作了证 |
[22:07] | I got two words for you, boss– | 老大 给你提个醒 |
[22:09] | Andrea Yates. | 安卓拉·叶慈 |
[22:10] | From what Declan says, | 根据戴克兰说的 |
[22:11] | Nicole fits the postpartum psychosis bill to a “T”. | 妮可符合产后精神病法案中的特征 |
[22:14] | I’ll give you this–in 1980, | 这么跟你说吧 |
[22:14] | that wasn’t exactly on our radar. | 1980年我们根本不知道这东西是什么 |
[22:17] | I’m gonna talk to her husband. | 我要去跟她丈夫谈谈 |
[22:18] | Don’t go to her until you have to. | 不到万不得已 别去找她 |
[22:20] | District cops and BD teams in the Badlands | 崎岖之地的地方警察和当地分队 |
[22:22] | know of a Julius Smith, | 认识一个叫朱烈斯·史密斯的人 |
[22:23] | a.k.a. Latrell Richmond, in the area. | 也就是所谓的拉特尔·里士满 |
[22:26] | Gave us an idea of what block he’s hustling out of. | 这让我们知道了他是在哪个街区骗钱 |
[22:28] | You show his picture around? | 你给大家看过他的照片了吗 |
[22:29] | Door slams everywhere. | 家家户户都看过了 |
[22:31] | Well, we gotta flush Latrell out. | 我们要把拉特尔给揪出来 |
[22:32] | Time for “No drugs today”? | 该上演”今天没药”的戏码了 |
[22:35] | Oh, I think so. | 我想是的 |
[22:37] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[22:39] | You’ll see. | 你会知道的 |
[23:00] | Ms. Town and Country | 这位小城姑娘 |
[23:00] | doesn’t know the pharmacy’s closed. | 不知道药房关门了 |
[23:03] | I’ll give her the heads up. | 我来给她个提示 |
[23:12] | No drugs today, ma’am. | 今天没药 女士 |
[23:18] | You’re like a Swiss watch, Greg– | 你精准得就像块瑞士手表 格雷戈 |
[23:20] | on your route just | 就像你老板说的一样 |
[23:20] | where your boss said you’d be. | 你这时候就该来这里送信 |
[23:22] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[23:24] | To talk about the night of the murder. | 想跟你谈谈那天晚上的凶案 |
[23:26] | I’ve already told you, once is all you get. | 我已经告诉过你了 我只说一次 |
[23:28] | – Except you left out a couple of details. – Like? | -不过你遗漏了几个细节 -比如呢 |
[23:31] | Like you asking Father Declan | 比如你在案发当天 |
[23:32] | to look in on Nicole the day of the murder. | 曾让戴克兰神父去看看妮可 |
[23:35] | Leave Nicole out of it. | 别把妮可搅进来 |
[23:37] | Are you still in contact with Father Declan? | 你跟戴克兰神父还有联系吗 |
[23:39] | We stopped going to church after Tim died. | 蒂姆死后 我们就不去教堂了 |
[23:42] | You bring Tim out on the route sometimes? | 你有时会带蒂姆一起来送信吧 |
[23:47] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[23:48] | Picture on the mantle, | 从披风上的照片上看出来的 |
[23:50] | him wearing your postal service hat, | 他带着你的邮递员帽 |
[23:53] | carrying your bag. | 背着你的包 |
[23:57] | He loved to come along… | 他喜欢跟我一起来… |
[24:00] | carry the bag. | 帮我拎包 |
[24:03] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[24:04] | He was a great kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[24:08] | Were Tim and his mom close? | 蒂姆和他妈妈亲近吗 |
[24:12] | She loved him, same as I did. | 她和我一样爱他 |
[24:13] | I don’t doubt that, | 我对此并不怀疑 |
[24:14] | but sometimes people… | 但是有时人们… |
[24:19] | mothers… | 母亲们… |
[24:20] | they get so overwhelmed, they do things they regret. | 她们会太过火 会做让自己后悔的事 |
[24:25] | Well, Nicole coped the best she could. | 妮可已经尽全力应付那些了 |
[24:28] | Then why are you afraid to tell me what happened that night? | 那为什么你会怕告诉我那晚发生的事 |
[24:31] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[24:33] | It was chaos, as usual… | 那天和平常一样混乱 |
[24:36] | Tim. | 蒂姆 |
[24:37] | Timmy. | 蒂米 |
[24:40] | Honey. | 宝贝 |
[24:42] | Nicole. | 妮可 |
[24:43] | Nicole! | 妮可 |
[24:47] | Where the hell have you been? | 你这是去哪儿了 |
[24:55] | – It’s freezing out there. – I don’t feel it. | -外面冷得要死 -我没感觉到 |
[24:57] | – I don’t feel a thing. – What are you talking about? | -我什么都感觉不到 -你在说什么呢 |
[25:00] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[25:02] | Where’s Tim? I can’t find him. | 蒂姆去哪儿了 我找不到他 |
[25:05] | What do you mean, you can’t find him? | 你找不到他 什么意思 |
[25:07] | Tim! | 蒂姆 |
[25:08] | Tim? | 蒂姆 |
[25:10] | – Timmy! – I’m gonna go look outside. | -蒂米 -我要去外面看看 |
[25:12] | Greg… | 格雷戈 |
[25:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[25:16] | – I’m sorry. – For what? | -很抱歉 -抱歉什么 |
[25:20] | Three’s too many. | 三个孩子太多了 |
[25:24] | Stay here. | 在这里别动 |
[25:33] | Did you ask Nicole what she was doing outside? | 你问过妮可她在外面干什么了吗 |
[25:36] | No. | 没有 |
[25:38] | And she never said. | 她也从没说过 |
[25:39] | 24 years, you don’t discuss it? | 二十四年了 你们都没讨论过吗 |
[25:42] | My wife is a good woman. | 我妻子是个好女人 |
[25:44] | She raised the two other kids just right. | 她把另外两个孩子好好带大了 |
[25:47] | Now, if she did something awful to Timmy that night, | 就算那晚她对蒂米做了什么可怕的事 |
[25:49] | it wasn’t her. | 那也不怪她 |
[25:50] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[25:52] | It wasn’t her. | 那不怪他 |
[25:57] | I’m going to need to talk to your wife. | 我需要跟你妻子谈谈 |
[26:00] | Not without me, you’re not. | 那必须得要我在场 |
[26:24] | This ain’t your corner, | 这街角不是你们的 |
[26:25] | and this ain’t the beach, fools. | 而且这也不是海滩 你们这群蠢货 |
[26:26] | Why you acting like it is? | 你们为什么要这样 |
[26:28] | We’re just taking in the sights, ma’am, enjoying the city. | 女士 我们只是在看风景 欣赏这座城市 |
[26:30] | We gotta make a living same as you. | 我们跟你们一样 也得混口饭吃 |
[26:32] | That’s what we’re counting on. | 我们正是指望着这一点呢 |
[26:33] | How long you gonna perpetuate this injustice? | 你们还要继续这么不讲道理多久 |
[26:36] | However long as it takes to locate who we’re looking for. | 直到我们找到我们要找的人为止 |
[26:39] | Maybe I can be of some assistance. | 也许我可以给你们点帮助 |
[26:41] | Maybe then you can vamoose the hell off of my block. | 也许那样你们就能赶快滚出我的地盘 |
[26:45] | We’re looking for Julius Smith. | 我们在找朱烈斯·史密斯 |
[26:46] | Julius? | 朱烈斯 |
[26:47] | He ain’t worth your time. | 他不值得你们花这么多时间 |
[26:49] | Know where we can find him? | 知道我们在哪儿可以找到他吗 |
[26:51] | Can’t rat out a brother, even if he is a punk-ass. | 不能出卖弟兄 即便那人是个混蛋 |
[26:55] | Suit yourself. You got any mustard? | 你随便 你那儿有芥末吗 |
[26:57] | Mustard? Hell. | 芥末 妈的 |
[26:59] | No-good, mustard-eating mother… | 没用的吃芥末的狗娘… |
[27:04] | Now we’re rolling. | 现在咱们有进展了 |
[27:05] | Yeah, she’ll get Julius’ name all over the village, | 没错 她会把朱烈斯的名字传遍这个区 |
[27:08] | and quick. | 会很快 |
[27:13] | It’s my fault, Nicole. I never should’ve opened my mouth. | 妮可 是我的错 我就不该开口 |
[27:16] | No, it’s okay, honey. | 不 没事的 宝贝 |
[27:17] | You’re the one who’s never wanted to talk about this. | 你才是那个永远不想谈这件事的人 |
[27:20] | I’ve come to terms with what I’d done. | 我已经接受了我所做过的事 |
[27:22] | What was that, Nicole? | 你做了什么 妮可 |
[27:25] | I went outside… | 我走出门… |
[28:22] | I prayed with all my heart and soul. | 我用尽所有心神祈祷 |
[28:30] | For what? | 祈祷什么 |
[28:31] | For God to take away my burdens… | 祈祷上帝能够卸去我的负担 |
[28:35] | and he did. | 于是应验了 |
[28:38] | He took away Timmy. | 他带走了蒂米 |
[28:43] | Didn’t He? | 不是吗 |
[28:51] | Is that why you stopped going to church, Nicole? | 那就是你不再去教堂的原因吗 妮可 |
[28:56] | Cause you made that paryer? | 因为你做了那样的祷告 |
[28:58] | It’s why I tried to kill myself, too. | 我也因此曾试图自杀 |
[29:01] | Why would anyone wanna live in a world | 有什么人会愿意活在一个 |
[29:03] | where God would answer your paryers | 上帝会用杀死你儿子的方式 |
[29:05] | by killing your son? | 来回应你的祈祷的世界上呢 |
[29:14] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[29:19] | – What are you doing here? – You didn’t call me. | -你在这儿干什么 -你没给我打电话 |
[29:22] | You know how it is. | 你知道是怎么回事 |
[29:25] | Looks like I’m too late to buy you dinner. | 看起来我想请你吃晚饭是太晚了 |
[29:27] | I talked to that priest. | 我跟那个牧师谈过了 |
[29:28] | Guess it’ll have to be drinks. | 那我猜我们只能去喝一杯了 |
[29:29] | – What, now? – Yeah. | -什么 现在吗 -对 |
[29:32] | You mind? | 不介意吧 |
[29:32] | I didn’t take you for a fast-food type, Kite. | 我可没想到你还会吃快餐 凯特 |
[29:35] | You got me all wrong, Rush. | 你完全把我看错了 拉什 |
[29:37] | Let me drop these warrants off at Fugitives, and, uh, we’ll go. | 等我把这些追缉令放到逃犯缉拿部 咱们就走 |
[29:44] | You know what we need? | 知道我们需要什么吗 |
[29:45] | We need some marshmallows. | 我们需要一些棉花糖 |
[29:46] | Marshmallows? Hell, we need a bigger fire. | 棉花糖 妈的 我们需要旺点的火 |
[29:48] | I’m freezing my nuts off. | 我都快冻僵了 |
[29:50] | Check it out. | 看着 |
[29:54] | Yo, Detectives. | 嘿 探员们 |
[29:57] | Yo, man? | 嘿 老弟 |
[29:58] | – You’re looking for Julius, right? – That’s right. | -你们在找朱烈斯 是吧 -没错 |
[30:01] | – Got a cell? – Number’s up top. | -有手机吗 -号码在最上面 |
[30:06] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我看看能帮什么忙 |
[30:08] | You do that. | 那就去吧 |
[30:13] | Won’t be long now. | 不会等太久的 |
[30:15] | Should I, uh, go into the high school years? | 我是不是该讲讲我的高中生活 |
[30:17] | You like talking about yourself, don’t you? | 你很喜欢谈论自己的事 是吧 |
[30:21] | Well, someone has gotta talk about something. | 总得有人要谈点什么吧 |
[30:24] | I talk plenty. | 我说的够多了 |
[30:25] | About work. Nothing good. | 都是关于工作的 没什么好的 |
[30:27] | What do you want, secrets? | 你想听什么 秘密吗 |
[30:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:34] | Oh… you letting me in? | 你要让我进去吗 |
[30:39] | Come on, come on, show me where you live. | 快 快 让我看看你的住处 |
[30:49] | – You like cats? – Sure. Yeah. | -你喜欢猫吗 -当然了 喜欢 |
[31:02] | Nice place. | 房子不错 |
[31:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[31:06] | Oh, dear God. | 妈妈咪呀 |
[31:09] | I thought you liked cats. | 我还以为你喜欢猫 |
[31:10] | Cats, not… mutants. | 是喜欢 谁知道是变种的 |
[31:15] | This is Olivia, | 这位是奥丽维亚 |
[31:17] | and this is… | 而这位是 |
[31:23] | Tripod. | “三脚猫” |
[31:26] | And you were doing so well. | 你表现得不错哦 |
[31:52] | W-What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[31:55] | I wanna see it down. | 我想看你把头发披下来 |
[31:57] | Oh, I-I don’t know about that. | 我不知道那样好不好 |
[32:01] | Another time, okay? | 下次吧 好吗 |
[32:03] | Why not now? | 为什么现在不行 |
[32:06] | Because you’re… | 因为你… |
[32:08] | because you’re scaring the cats. | 因为你吓到了小猫 |
[32:13] | I think you got that reversed, but, uh, okay. | 我觉得你说反了 不过 好吧 |
[32:22] | It’s a start… at least. | 至少这是个开始 |
[32:25] | To what? | 什么的开始 |
[32:32] | The adventure. | 一场冒险 |
[32:40] | See ya. | 再见 |
[32:48] | Got the call an hour ago. | 一小时前接到电话 |
[32:49] | Julius is inside, probably asleep. | 朱烈斯在里面 可能在睡觉 |
[32:51] | I’m ready. | 我好了 |
[32:57] | Police! | 警察 |
[32:58] | Everybody down! | 都蹲下 |
[33:00] | All right, police! Everybody down! | 好了 警察 都蹲下 |
[33:02] | Everybody down! Now! Down! | 都蹲下 马上 蹲下 |
[33:03] | We’re upstairs! | 我们上楼了 |
[33:12] | Hey, where you going? Come over here! | 你想去哪儿 过来 |
[33:14] | Come on, hands up! | 过来 举起手来 |
[33:15] | Julius Smith. Where is he? | 朱烈斯·史密斯 他在哪儿 |
[33:16] | I don’t know, man. I don’t know. | 我不知道 哥们儿 我不知道 |
[33:18] | – What do you got here? – What you doing, man? | -找到什么了吗 -你干什么 老兄 |
[33:19] | What’s that, huh? | 那是什么 |
[33:22] | Julius Smith. Where is he? | 朱烈斯·史密斯 他在哪里 |
[33:23] | Come on, lady. Those are my rocks. | 拜托 女士 那些是我的石头 |
[33:25] | Come on, please. | 拜托 饶了我吧 |
[33:27] | Julius Smith, where is he? | 朱烈斯·史密斯 他在哪里 |
[33:33] | In the bag, over there. | 在那边的袋子里 |
[33:37] | Julius Smith. | 朱烈斯·史密斯 |
[33:39] | Latrell? | 拉特尔 |
[33:41] | Latrell? | 拉特尔 |
[33:43] | We gotta bust a cap here, see if he moves… | 咱们得开一枪 看看他会不会动 |
[33:46] | Show me your hands. Let me see your hands! | 把手露出来 让我看到你的手 |
[33:55] | Time’s done a real number on you, hasn’t it, Latrell? | 岁月在你脸上留下了不少痕迹吧 拉特尔 |
[33:57] | Latrell? | 拉特尔 |
[33:59] | I don’t know any Latrell. | 我不认识什么拉特尔 |
[34:06] | Ah, man… | 真是的 |
[34:08] | you’re still around! | 你还在这片啊 |
[34:11] | Where’d all your hair disappear to, Stillman? | 你的头发去哪儿了 斯蒂尔曼 |
[34:14] | Same place as your teeth, Latrell. | 跟你的牙齿去了一个地方 拉特尔 |
[34:18] | Give us a minute, guys. | 给我们一分钟 伙计们 |
[34:31] | Why’d you do it, Latrell? | 你为什么要那么做 拉特尔 |
[34:33] | Why’d you kill Tim Barnes? | 你为什么要杀蒂姆·巴恩斯 |
[34:37] | I didn’t kill nobody. | 我没有杀人 |
[34:40] | I didn’t believe you then, and I don’t believe you now. | 我那时不信 现在也不信 |
[34:42] | You ruined my life, you know that, Stillman? | 你毁了我的人生 你知道的 斯蒂尔曼 |
[34:45] | The parents of that kid, | 那个孩子的父母 |
[34:46] | the brother and sister of that kid, | 那个孩子的弟弟妹妹 |
[34:49] | their lives were ruined. | 他们的人生也被毁掉了 |
[34:50] | This case took a toll on a lot of people. | 这件案子给很多人留下了巨大的阴影 |
[34:52] | – ‘Cept you. – No. | -除了你 -不 |
[34:55] | Me, too, Latrell. | 我也一样 拉特尔 |
[34:57] | That boy’s death really messed with your head, | 那孩子的死真的把你的脑袋搞乱了 |
[35:00] | didn’t it, Stillman? | 是不是 斯蒂尔曼 |
[35:01] | That boy’s name was… | 那孩子叫… |
[35:02] | Tim Barnes. Tim Barnes. | 蒂姆·巴恩斯 蒂姆·巴恩斯 |
[35:04] | You don’t think I know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[35:09] | You don’t think that boy’s death bothered me none? | 你以为那孩子的死一点没影响到我吗 |
[35:12] | Maybe there’s a detail or two type factoid I failed to mention way back when. | 也许当时有一两个细节我忘了提 |
[35:24] | Come here, man. | 过来 孩子 |
[35:26] | Hey, you hear…? | 你听见… |
[35:28] | I said come here. Come, come here. | 我说过来 过来 到这儿来 |
[35:31] | Where you think you goin’, little man, huh? | 小子 你想到哪儿去 |
[35:32] | – Nowhere. – Nowhere? | -没想去哪儿 -没想去哪儿 |
[35:34] | – The store. – Yeah, you’re damn right you’re goin’ to the store. | -去那个杂货铺 -对 你是要去那个杂货铺 |
[35:36] | – You know why? – Leave me alone. | -你知道为什么吗 -放开我 |
[35:38] | You gonna buy us some glue, you hear me, Potsie? | 你去给我们买点胶来 听见了吗 小孩 |
[35:40] | I only have a dollar. | 我只有一块钱 |
[35:42] | Well, that’s your problem, okay? | 那是你的问题 好吗 |
[35:44] | Cause you go in that Cracker’s store | 因为如果你去了那家克莱克的店 |
[35:46] | and not bring us our glue, | 却没给我们买胶 |
[35:47] | you’re gonna wish your little ass was never born. | 你可就要倒大霉了 |
[35:49] | You understand? | 明白了吗 |
[35:52] | Good. | 很好 |
[35:56] | Hey, Potsie… | 小孩 |
[35:58] | don’t be bringing us none of that Elmer’s glue, neither. | 也别给我们买那种埃尔默胶 |
[36:00] | Model glue, you hear me? | 买样品胶 听见了吗 |
[36:12] | Why the hell didn’t you tell me that? | 你为什么没告诉过我那些 |
[36:14] | C’mon, Stillman. | 拜托 斯蒂尔曼 |
[36:16] | Like I’m gonna tell the police | 就好像我会告诉警察 |
[36:17] | I threatened to whoop a white boy’s ass | 我在一个白人男孩被杀当晚 |
[36:19] | the same night that white boy gets dead? | 还曾经威胁要把他暴揍一顿似的 |
[36:22] | If you didn’t do it, | 如果不是你干的 |
[36:24] | and you haven’t said anything yet that tells me you didn’t, | 当然 你还没有证明自己的清白 |
[36:27] | then who did? | 那会是谁干的 |
[36:32] | If you got any ideas, Latrell, | 如果你有任何想法 拉特尔 |
[36:34] | now is the time. | 现在是时候了 |
[36:38] | That night, when I was leaving my ma’s. | 那天晚上 在我离开我妈家的时候 |
[36:43] | I seen that Cracker Murphy, knockin’ on the church door. | 我看见那个克莱克·墨菲在敲教堂的门 |
[36:47] | One of them priests come out of the, uh… | 有一个牧师走出… |
[36:51] | What do you call them places where the priests live? | 你们管牧师住的地方叫什么来着 |
[36:53] | – Rectory. – Right. Rectum-ry. | -教区长住宅 -对 教区长住宅 |
[36:56] | Dude was wearing some funcky-ass Phillies pajamas. | 那哥们儿当时穿了件搞笑的费城人的睡衣 |
[37:01] | Did Murphy go back inside with him? | 墨菲跟他进去了吗 |
[37:03] | No. It got me thinking. | 没有 那事儿还让我想了半天 |
[37:05] | “Why’s Murphy in need of spiritual-type counseling?” | “为什么墨菲会需要这种灵魂式开导呢” |
[37:09] | Think about it, Stillman. | 想想吧 斯蒂尔曼 |
[37:11] | Now, that Cracker Murphy, he got the-the opportunity | 那个克莱克·墨菲 他有机会 |
[37:14] | and the motive to kill that boy. | 也有动机去杀那孩子 |
[37:18] | Well, I’ll give you opportunity, Latrell, but motive? | 有机会我同意 拉特尔 但是动机 |
[37:21] | I got it all figured out. | 我全想明白了 |
[37:24] | You kill a white boy, right? | 你杀了一个白人男人 对吧 |
[37:25] | Blame it on the black man! What happens? | 把它栽赃到一个黑人身上 会怎么样 |
[37:28] | Cops come in, crime go down. | 警察来了 犯罪率下降了 |
[37:30] | Crime go down, the real estate prices go up. | 犯罪率下降了 房屋价格就上涨了 |
[37:34] | Now, I ask you — | 那我来问你 |
[37:37] | who stood to benefit? | 谁会从中获利 |
[37:39] | The man buying up all the real estate, am I right? | 买下所有房产的人 对吗 |
[37:42] | And who that? | 那是谁呢 |
[37:43] | Sean Cracker Jack Murphy, that’s who. | 肖恩·克莱克·杰克·墨菲 就是他 |
[37:49] | That is one hell of a theory, Latrell. | 你真敢设想 拉特尔 |
[37:51] | It ain’t a theory. | 那不是设想 |
[37:52] | That’s a hypothesis, Stillman. | 那可是有逻辑的假设 斯蒂尔曼 |
[38:01] | Well, now that we got motive all squared away… | 现在我们把动机也都理清了 |
[38:05] | – Crazy theory. – Hypothesis. | -疯狂的设想 -是有逻辑的假设 |
[38:09] | But Murphy going to the priest is pretty interesting. | 不过墨菲去找牧师这事儿很有意思 |
[38:11] | Yeah, in the middle of the night, | 没错 就在午夜 |
[38:11] | just hours after Tim Barnes died. | 就在蒂姆·巴恩斯死后的几小时 |
[38:13] | Someone confessed to Father Declan, Boss. | 有人去找戴克兰神父告解了 老大 |
[38:16] | But why would Murphy kill that kid? | 但是为什么墨菲要杀那个孩子呢 |
[38:19] | Ask Father Declan. | 去问戴克兰神父 |
[38:20] | Oh, Declan hasn’t | 戴克兰二十四年来 |
[38:20] | broken his vow of silence in 24 years. | 都没有打破他保持沉默的誓言 |
[38:23] | He ain’t gonna break it now. | 他现在也不会这么做的 |
[38:25] | Maybe he doesn’t need to break it. | 也许他不需要打破他的誓言 |
[38:28] | Maybe we just need to make Murphy think he’s broken it. | 也许我们只需要让墨菲认为他打破就行了 |
[38:33] | I appreciate your coming down, Father. | 很感谢你能过来 神父 |
[38:34] | And I apologize for giving you a hard time the other day. | 我很抱歉那天为难了你 |
[38:37] | – Don’t mention it. – Oh, here. | -不必再提了 -请坐吧 |
[38:40] | So… tell me your idea. | 跟我说说你的想法 |
[38:44] | Ah, what I was thinking was this… a baseball league for cops. | 我想的是… 搞一个警察棒球联赛 |
[38:48] | The problem is, I don’t know where to begin. | 问题是 我不知道要从哪里开始 |
[38:50] | And you, you’ve got experience starting up a league, right? | 而你在组织联赛方面很有经验 是吧 |
[38:52] | Oh, that was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[38:54] | Well, I could really use some pointers. | 肯定能够给我一些指导的 |
[38:56] | Okay, give me that paper here. | 好吧 把那张纸给我 |
[39:00] | That Latrell. | 那个拉特尔 |
[39:01] | Ha! Must have been smokin’ way too much crack, | 肯定是吸了太多的毒品 |
[39:03] | coming up with that theory. | 才会有那样的推测 |
[39:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:06] | Pretty far-fetched, | 真的很牵强 |
[39:07] | except you did get rich off real estate, didn’t you? | 不过你的确是靠房地发家的 是吧 |
[39:10] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 |
[39:11] | I-I can’t wait to I.D. his worthless ass. | 我等不及要去指认那个废物点心了 |
[39:16] | Where’s the lineup? Where’s Latrell? | 那一排人呢 拉特尔在哪儿 |
[39:20] | We gotta have a conversation first. | 我们得先谈谈 |
[39:22] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:24] | You were the detective on that kid’s case. | 你当时是负责那小孩案子的探员 |
[39:29] | And you were the kind store owner who let Tim slide | 而你是那个当蒂姆只有一块钱买笔记本时 |
[39:31] | when he only had a dollar for that notebook. | 放他一马的好心店主 |
[39:33] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[39:41] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[39:49] | I never guessed it would be you sitting in here. | 我从没想过你会坐在这里 |
[39:52] | We’re exhuming Tim’s body, Murph. | 我们在检查蒂姆的尸体 老墨 |
[39:54] | In 1980 we didn’t have DNA testing, | 1980年时我们没有DNA检测 |
[39:56] | but it’s a whole new ball game in 2004. | 但是2004年情况已经完全不同了 |
[40:01] | You don’t mind, do you? | 你不介意的 对吧 |
[40:06] | I came here to identify that boy’s killer, | 我是来这儿指认凶手的 |
[40:09] | Latrell Richmond. | 他叫拉特尔·里士满 |
[40:10] | When’s that gonna happen? | 什么时候才要开始 |
[40:13] | Did you see Detective Valens out there, Murph, | 你在外面看见瓦伦斯探员了吗 老墨 |
[40:15] | taking down Father Declan’s statement? | 他正在记录戴克兰神父的供述 |
[40:17] | He shed a lot of light on this job. | 他为这宗案子提供了很多线索 |
[40:20] | Told us how you knocked on the church door that night. | 他告诉我们你在那晚敲过教堂的门 |
[40:22] | How he opened it in his pajamas, | 他是如何穿着睡衣去开门 |
[40:24] | let you in to confess to Tim’s murder. | 让你进去坦白你对蒂姆的谋杀的 |
[40:26] | Well, a priest can’t talk about what he hears in confession. | 牧师不能泄露他所听到的告解内容 |
[40:29] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[40:32] | Except Declan’s retired. | 但是戴克兰已经退休了 |
[40:36] | And bitter. No allegiance to the church anymore, | 而且过得很苦 他再也不需要忠于教堂了 |
[40:39] | not after all the scandals. | 在诸多丑闻之后 他不再需要了 |
[40:44] | You… you hate little kids, is that it, Murph? | 你讨厌小孩子 是吗 老墨 |
[40:47] | I don’t hate little kids. | 我不讨厌小孩 |
[40:49] | Just black kids. | 你只讨厌黑人小孩 |
[40:51] | Tim Barnes was white, remember? | 蒂姆·巴恩斯是白人 还记得吗 |
[40:52] | But he was a thief. | 但他是个贼 |
[40:53] | He stole glue from you for those black kids. | 他为那些黑人孩子从你那里偷了胶 |
[41:02] | That’s an ungrateful mutt for you. | 对你来说 他是个不懂感恩的小混蛋 |
[41:07] | He betrayed you, huh? | 他背叛了你 |
[41:09] | Not just me. Us. | 不止是我 是我们 |
[41:11] | Guys who work an honest day for an honest wage. | 我们这些老实工作 本分赚钱的人 |
[41:14] | White guys. | 白人 |
[41:20] | Thanks, Mister. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[42:01] | You little mutt! | 你这个小混蛋 |
[42:02] | You think you can steal from me? | 你以为能从我这儿偷东西吗 |
[42:04] | They made me. | 是他们逼我的 |
[42:04] | Don’t lie to me, mutt. | 别骗我 混蛋 |
[42:25] | 歌曲 “Follow You Follow Me” 歌手 Genesis |