时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | He could be a pro ball player. | 他能成为职业球员 |
[00:14] | He wants to be a lawyer. | 他想当律师 |
[00:15] | I’ll bet he wants to be a ball player. | 我打赌他想当棒球手 |
[00:18] | If you’re gonna marry him, | 如果你真要嫁给他 |
[00:19] | it’ll be better if he’s a lawyer. | 他要是律师会更好些 |
[00:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:22] | Then he won’t be on the road. | 那他就不会总东奔西跑 |
[00:23] | All those baseball hussies? | 你不担心那些豪放女球迷吗 |
[00:26] | Who said anything about getting married? | 谁说过要结婚 |
[00:28] | It never crossed your mind? | 你从没想过这个问题吗 |
[00:30] | He keeps saying he has something | 他总说有事 |
[00:31] | that he wants to talk to me about. | 想对我说 |
[00:34] | He sounds real nervous. | 感觉紧张得不行 |
[00:41] | He’s such a little boy. | 真是个小孩子 |
[00:50] | Hey, baby, how about a date? | 宝贝 赏个脸吧 |
[01:29] | Hey, college boy. | 大学生 |
[01:32] | Did you see, uh, Callison choke | 昨晚你看到凯里森 |
[01:33] | in the ninth inning last night? | 在第九局掉链子了吗 |
[01:35] | He didn’t choke. The ump robbed him. | 不是他掉链子 是裁判误判 |
[01:37] | The last pitch was low and inside. | 最后一投很低 但确实进了 |
[01:48] | These degenerates. | 看看那些败类 |
[01:50] | You’re not… you’re not like the rest of them. | 你和他们可不一样 |
[01:52] | ‘Cause I play baseball? | 就因为我打棒球吗 |
[01:53] | Are you sure you’re a fag? | 你确定你是同志吗 |
[01:56] | Are you sure you’re Italian? | 你确定你是意大利人吗 |
[02:02] | – Gin? – Yeah. | -来杯姜酒吗 -好 |
[02:15] | God bless us nelly queens! | 上帝保佑我们吧 |
[02:46] | This domestic call came in every Friday night. | 每周五晚上都打来控告家庭暴力 |
[02:49] | Same damn couple. | 总是这对该死的夫妇 |
[02:53] | We’re finally shut’em down | 那案子最后还是不了了之 |
[02:54] | with the Blind Policeman routine. | 我们一贯做法就是装瞎 |
[02:57] | Blind Policeman? | 装瞎 |
[02:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[02:59] | We go to their door with a white stick and glasses, | 我们拄着拐杖 戴着墨镜上他们家 |
[03:02] | start taking down their report. | 就开始写他们的报告 |
[03:03] | Tell’em it’s an equal opportunity program. | 和他们说这程序的机会是均等的 |
[03:06] | Grope their faces. | 摸他们的脸 |
[03:06] | They’re so thrown off and they don’t call for weeks. | 就这样摆脱他们了 好几周也没再打来 |
[03:10] | You ever do Blind Policeman in your patrol days? | 你在巡逻的时候装过瞎吗 |
[03:13] | Gets’em every time. | 屡试不爽 |
[03:16] | The lady from Milwaukee is here. | 密尔沃基的那位女士到了 |
[03:19] | She called twice yesterday for directions. | 她昨天打了两次电话来问路 |
[03:21] | And she’s an hour early. | 她早到了一小时 |
[03:25] | Mrs. Holtz? | 霍尔茨女士 |
[03:26] | I know I’m early. I can wait. | 我知道来早了 我可以等的 |
[03:28] | No, no, it’s fine. | 不用 没事 |
[03:28] | I’m Detective Rush. | 我是拉什探员 |
[03:30] | This is Detective Valens. | 这位是瓦伦斯探员 |
[03:32] | Is it true Milwaukee smells like beer? | 密尔沃基的空气真有酒味吗 |
[03:34] | I’ve lived there too long to know. | 我住得太久 都麻木了 |
[03:37] | I haven’t been here for a while. | 我有段时间没来了 |
[03:39] | What brings you now? | 这次是为了什么事 |
[03:41] | My son was murdered here in 1964. | 我儿子1964年在这里被谋杀了 |
[03:44] | He was a student. | 当时他还是个学生 |
[03:46] | A robbery? | 是劫杀吗 |
[03:47] | They said it was, at first, | 他们起初是这么说的 |
[03:49] | and then they said something else… | 后来又改了口 |
[03:51] | What? | 怎么说 |
[03:53] | They said he’d been at a gay bar. | 他们说他当时在同志酒吧 |
[03:56] | My husband and I told them that was wrong, | 我和我丈夫就告诉他们肯定是搞错了 |
[03:58] | that Danny had a girlfriend. | 丹尼有女友 |
[04:01] | The world has changed so much. | 这世界变化太大了 |
[04:04] | What was your son’s name? | 你儿子叫什么 |
[04:06] | Daniel Holtz. | 丹尼尔·霍尔茨 |
[04:09] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[04:14] | You didn’t know your son was gay? | 你以前不知道他是同性恋吗 |
[04:16] | I didn’t wanna know. | 我当时不想知道 |
[04:18] | And now, much too late, I realize… | 但事到如今我才意识到 |
[04:22] | that kept me from really knowing him. | 我的抵触情绪让我没法真正了解他 |
[04:24] | Cops back then talk about other leads? | 当时警察还说过其它线索吗 |
[04:27] | They mostly talked about my husband and I being “nice people.” | 他们总敷衍说我丈夫和我是”好人” |
[04:32] | I have a heart condition. Triple by-pass. | 我有心脏病 做了三次心脏搭桥 |
[04:35] | I’m running on fumes. | 剩下的日子不多了 |
[04:37] | If there’s one thing I want to settle before I go… | 在我走之前还有件事想解决 |
[04:41] | I think the police swept this under the rug. | 我觉得警察并没查明真相 |
[04:44] | And my husband and I helped them do it. | 我和我丈夫也有责任 |
[04:47] | We didn’t push. | 我们没催促他们 |
[04:52] | We’ll pull his case. | 我们会重查这宗案子 |
[05:04] | A Time To Hate | 迟到的理解 |
[05:28] | I don’t see a box. | 我没看见那个档案盒 |
[05:30] | Holtz with a “Z”. | 霍尔茨 末尾有个”Z” |
[05:31] | I know. There’s no box. | 我知道 根本就找不到 |
[05:37] | Tough to live with, huh? | 这可真棘手 |
[05:39] | She must have told the assigned detective to lay off. | 她一定让当值探员不用查了 |
[05:42] | A civilian tells you to lay off, you do it? | 一个平民叫你别查 你就不查了吗 |
[05:44] | No. I go harder. | 不 我会更上心 |
[05:47] | They got jumbled up a lot? | 他们经常搞混吗 |
[05:48] | It’s getting better. | 已经好多了 |
[05:50] | People are learning the alphabet. Except Vera. | 大家都在学用字母排序 除了维拉 |
[05:54] | Not every case is a box job. | 不是每宗案子都能单独装盒 |
[05:56] | If there isn’t enough to fill a box… | 如果卷宗装不满盒子… |
[05:57] | Here it is. | 找到了 |
[05:58] | Living in a group home. | 和一堆卷宗放在一起 |
[06:01] | Skimpy, huh? | 真够抠门的 |
[06:03] | Doesn’t say High Priority. | 更别说优先处理了 |
[06:06] | Body was found in the alley behind a bar. | 尸体在一家酒吧后面的巷子里被发现 |
[06:09] | In Queen Village. It’s perfect. | 在皇后村 真够可以的 |
[06:12] | This case gonna make you uneasy there, Scotty? | 这案子会让你不舒服吗 史考特 |
[06:14] | Nope. | 不会 |
[06:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:17] | ’64? That’s back when patrol cars were red. | 64年吗 那时巡逻车还是红的 |
[06:20] | Random street murder. | 随机性街头凶案 |
[06:22] | Assigned detectives are both dead. | 当值的两个探员都过世了 |
[06:23] | A gay bashing outside a bar that don’t exist anymore. | 酒吧外揍同性恋的也不在了 |
[06:26] | And you have three civilian interviews. | 你们有三个平民可以问话 |
[06:29] | Sounds like a winner, huh? | 像是胜券在握 |
[06:30] | We got a shot. | 我们试过了 |
[06:32] | Joined the patron saints of lost causes? | 知道为什么会漏掉知情人吗 |
[06:34] | Ain’t lost if I’m looking for it. | 如果是我查 就不会漏掉 |
[06:36] | Whoo, got him to drink the Kool-Aid? | 你给他洗过脑了吗 |
[06:39] | So where you two gonna start? | 那你们俩准备从哪里着手呢 |
[06:41] | Crime scene. | 犯罪现场 |
[06:41] | Queen Village. | 皇后村 |
[06:43] | That cracks him up. | 他来劲了 |
[06:46] | Take Jeffries. | 带上杰弗里斯 |
[06:46] | Maybe he remembers the bar. | 或许他记得那家酒吧 |
[06:48] | Someone saw what happened. | 有人目击了作案过程 |
[06:49] | Someone always does that. | 总会有目击证人的 |
[06:51] | So we’ll fine’em. Knock on doors. | 所以我们要找出来 走访调查 |
[06:52] | Ask neighborhood people. | 问问街坊们 |
[06:54] | Someone’ll remember our guy. | 会有人还记得死者 |
[06:57] | Another optimist. | 又一位乐天派 |
[07:24] | The Hush Room was over there. | “寂静之屋”以前在那边 |
[07:26] | Corner of Sodom and Gomorrah. | 被称作”罪恶之都的街角” |
[07:31] | Is that what the cops called it? | 是警察特有的叫法吗 |
[07:32] | It’s what the residents called it. | 是小区居民取的名字 |
[07:33] | Nice, huh? | 有意思 |
[07:35] | Now. | 现在 |
[07:36] | Neighborhood’s changed? | 这小区也变样了吧 |
[07:37] | Night and day. | 一天一个样 |
[07:37] | All the neighbors are long gone. | 街坊们早就搬走了 |
[07:39] | Yuppies pushed’em out. | 小阿飞把他们都逼走了 |
[07:40] | If it was so crappy | 如果这真的很差劲的话 |
[07:41] | how come this Penn kid came all the way down here? | 宾州那孩子怎么会大老远跑来这里呢 |
[07:43] | If you were a gay in ’64, | 如果你在64年是同性恋 |
[07:44] | this was the only game in town. | 这可是镇上唯一找乐子的地方 |
[07:46] | If you wanted to socialize, this was the only place. | 如果想要结识朋友 只能来这里 |
[07:50] | So why was Danny in this alley? | 那为什么丹尼会在这条巷子里 |
[07:53] | Got chased. Or ambushed. | 被人追到这里 或者被伏击了 |
[07:56] | Or lucky. | 或者只是碰巧 |
[07:57] | How would he have gotten back to campus in ’64. | 64年的时候 他怎么回校 |
[08:00] | Subway. | 乘地铁 |
[08:01] | The other direction from the Hush Room. | 那在”寂静之屋”的另一边 |
[08:02] | Maybe he found a friend who lived that away? | 或许他怕被住在那里附近的朋友认出来 |
[08:08] | Caller saw the body | 报案人看到那个男孩 |
[08:09] | “splayed and protruding in the alley…” | “呈大字型躺在巷子里” |
[08:12] | Who called it in? | 谁打的电话 |
[08:13] | Anonymous. | 没留名 |
[08:14] | Boy, you got nada. | 你们一点头绪都没啊 |
[08:15] | We got a neighbor who saw nothing, | 有个什么都没看到的街坊 |
[08:17] | a bartender who knew nothing | 一个一无所知的酒保 |
[08:18] | and a drag queen called Tinkerbell. | 还有个叫”小仙女”的易装皇后 |
[08:18] | 易装皇后: 男扮女装的男同性恋者 小仙女: 彼得·潘故事中的人物 | |
[08:20] | Plus a note tossed in that Tinkerbell had a lead on | 另外根据笔录 通过小仙女 |
[08:22] | who liked to kick queer ass in the neighborhood. | 查出了街区里喜欢揍同志的人 |
[08:25] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[08:26] | No follow-up, right? | 没跟进 是吗 |
[08:27] | Tinkerbell could have been a good ID, though. | 其实小仙女这绰号本来还不错 |
[08:29] | Like a gang moniker. | 像个帮派绰号 |
[08:31] | That’s how we find the thugs now. | 我们可以通过他找到那群流氓 |
[08:33] | You wanna look for Tinkerbell? | 你想找小仙女吗 |
[08:35] | In Never-Never Land? | 在永无岛吗 |
[08:36] | Or drag bars. | 或者在易装酒吧 |
[08:38] | You sure that’s the best job for me? | 你确定这任务最适合我吗 |
[08:42] | Definitely. | 当然 |
[08:46] | We should check the old arrest books | 我们应该去这区分局 |
[08:47] | at the District Station House. | 查查过去的逮捕记录 |
[08:49] | Figure out who the area bullies were. | 看看谁以前是这里的土霸王 |
[08:50] | I’ll go to the district house with you, | 我先陪你去区分局 |
[08:52] | you troll the bars with me. | 然后你跟我去转转酒吧 |
[08:53] | Sure. I ain’t scared. | 没问题 我又不怕 |
[08:58] | So what violations are we looking for? | 我们要找哪种犯罪记录 |
[09:00] | There wasn’t a code for hate crimes. | 仇恨犯罪可没相应的代称 |
[09:02] | Certainly weren’t calling it “gay bashing”. | 当然也不会叫”殴打同性恋”罪 |
[09:05] | So…. male-on-male assaults? | 那叫男人打架吗 |
[09:09] | Assault, drunk and disorderly, disturbing the peace, | 打架斗殴 醉酒闹事 扰乱治安 |
[09:12] | the whole constellation. | 从这一系列罪名中找 |
[09:15] | South Philly thugs. | 南费城的流氓 |
[09:18] | I probably got relatives in this book. | 我可能从这本登记本上找到了些线索 |
[09:21] | The Hush Room was managed | “寂静之屋”在1961到1968年间 |
[09:23] | by Anthony De Sica from ’61 to ’68. | 由安东尼 ·德·希卡经营 |
[09:26] | We’ll go and see him. | 我们去会会他 |
[09:28] | Our boss, Lieutenant Stillman. | 这是我们老大 斯蒂尔曼中尉 |
[09:29] | Yes, I remember. | 我记得 |
[09:30] | Mrs. Holtz. | 霍尔茨夫人 |
[09:31] | Thank you for looking at this case again, so much time later. | 谢谢你在那么久后重查这案子 |
[09:34] | Well, no case is too old to open again. | 要重新开案 过多久都没关系 |
[09:38] | I never asked before. | 我之前没问过 |
[09:40] | Does it say in there how exactly Danny died? | 验尸报告说丹尼究竟是怎么死的 |
[09:44] | Blunt force trauma. | 钝器击打致死 |
[09:46] | Beaten? | 被打死 |
[09:52] | Uh, with a round, wooden implement. | 凶器是个圆形木质工具 |
[09:55] | Baseball bat, maybe. | 可能是棒球棒 |
[09:58] | Oh, that would be too awful. | 那太可怕了 |
[10:00] | There wasn’t much Danny loved more than baseball. | 丹尼爱棒球胜过一切 |
[10:03] | He was on the Penn team. | 他曾是校队棒球手 |
[10:05] | He must have been a decent player. | 他一定是个很棒的球员 |
[10:07] | Shortstop. | 他是名游击手 |
[10:08] | In your original interview, Helen, | 海伦 在最初的笔录中 |
[10:10] | you mention Danny’s fiancee. | 你提到了丹尼的未婚妻 |
[10:12] | Well, girlfriend. | 是女友 |
[10:14] | He said “his girlfriend”, at least. | 至少他说是”他女友” |
[10:15] | The fiancee part maybe was my wishful thinking. | 未婚妻这说法只是我一厢情愿的想法 |
[10:19] | What about other friends? | 那其他朋友呢 |
[10:22] | Danny had a lot of friends. | 丹尼有许多朋友 |
[10:23] | Anyone that could have been a romantic interest? | 有哪个可能会和他看对眼呢 |
[10:26] | Looking back? | 回想下 |
[10:29] | You think he’ll be there? | 你认为他会在吗 |
[10:30] | We are early. | 我们来早了 |
[10:31] | I don’t know, but my feet are killing me. | 我不知道 我的脚疼死了 |
[10:33] | The Liberty Bell isn’t that fascinating. | 自由钟真没什么好看的 |
[10:35] | Oh, I hear him. Danny, it’s us. | 我听到他的声音了 丹尼 是我们 |
[10:38] | Honey, are you there? | 亲爱的 你在吗 |
[10:39] | Okay, Mom, uh, just a second. | 好的 妈 马上就来 |
[10:50] | This is a friend from the law school. | 这是我法学院的朋友 |
[10:52] | We were just studying. | 我们刚在看书 |
[10:55] | I thought you guys weren’t coming back till later. | 我以为你们会晚点回来 |
[10:58] | I’m late. | 我要迟到了 |
[10:59] | I’ve gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[11:00] | So nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[11:06] | Did you guys have a good time? | 玩得开心吗 |
[11:08] | We had a great time. | 我们很开心 |
[11:10] | Your mother loved it. | 你妈玩得很尽兴 |
[11:13] | What time are we meeting Deborah? | 我们几点和黛博拉碰面 |
[11:17] | I don’t even know that boy’s name. | 我连那男孩名字都不知道 |
[11:19] | I know so little about his life. | 对他的生活了解太少 |
[11:23] | Would Deborah know? | 黛博拉会知道吗 |
[11:24] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[11:25] | Last I heard of her, | 我最后一次听到她消息时 |
[11:26] | she was applying to med school. | 她正在申请医学院 |
[11:28] | You remember her last name? | 你记得她的姓吗 |
[11:29] | I could get it. | 我可以找到 |
[11:30] | She wrote us an awfully nice note when Danny died. | 丹尼死时她给我们写了很贴心的话 |
[11:34] | If you find that boy… | 如果你找到那个男孩 |
[11:36] | or whoever was important to Danny… | 或任何对丹尼来说重要的人 |
[11:39] | will you let him know I’m here. | 务必告诉他我来了 |
[11:40] | Sure. | 当然 |
[11:42] | You, uh, still wanna go to the scene, ma’am? | 你还想去罪案现场吗 女士 |
[11:44] | I do… | 是的 |
[11:47] | but I’m feeling too tired now. | 但我现在觉得太累了 |
[11:50] | Maybe tomorrow. | 不如明天吧 |
[11:54] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你出去 |
[12:03] | Queen Village | 皇后村里 |
[12:04] | bullies and thugs, circa 1964. | 大约在64年活动的那些土霸流氓 |
[12:06] | We extrapolated. | 我们扩大了范围 |
[12:07] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[12:09] | You boys have fun tonight. | 你们今晚玩得尽兴点 |
[12:13] | We wanna talk to you about the Hush Room, Anthony. | 我们想和你谈谈”寂静之屋” 安东尼 |
[12:17] | Why you asking about ancient history? | 为什么要问这么久远的事 |
[12:19] | That’s the business we’re in. | 我们正在查这案子 |
[12:24] | Ralphie, finish this, huh? | 拉尔夫 帮我干完 |
[12:30] | Everyone in the place don’t need to know | 别告诉这里的人 |
[12:31] | I worked in a queer bar. | 我在同志酒吧工作过 |
[12:33] | Yeah, okay. | 好 |
[12:34] | My uncle owned it. What can I say? | 那酒吧是我叔叔的 我又能怎么样 |
[12:36] | I wasn’t his favorite nephew. | 我不是他最喜欢的侄子 |
[12:38] | I got the booby prize job. | 他奖励给我别人挑剩的工作 |
[12:40] | You remember this kid, Danny? | 你记得这个叫丹尼的孩子吗 |
[12:42] | Yeah, I liked him. | 是的 我喜欢他 |
[12:45] | He was a baseball nut. | 他是个棒球手 |
[12:48] | That was the year the Phillies choked on the pennant race. | 那年费城人队在锦标赛中失利 |
[12:50] | They were eight and a half games ahead, | 他们一度领先八局半 |
[12:52] | and then they blew ten straight in a row. | 可接着连输十局 |
[12:55] | So I had something to talk with him about. | 所以我和他有得聊 |
[12:57] | Any idea who killed him? | 你觉得是谁杀了他 |
[12:59] | Everybody hated those people. | 每个人都厌恶那些同性恋 |
[13:01] | How about a drag queen called Tinkerbell? | 那个叫小仙女的易装皇后呢 |
[13:03] | You friendly with her? | 你对她友善吗 |
[13:04] | They were all Tinkerbells to me. | 对我来说 他们都是小仙女 |
[13:08] | You remember the night Danny died? | 你还记得丹尼遇害那晚吗 |
[13:09] | Yeah, ’cause of the raid. | 记得 因为那晚有搜捕行动 |
[13:14] | What about it? | 怎么回事 |
[13:15] | Cops was raiding us all the time. | 警察一直来我们店进行搜捕 |
[13:18] | So, we paid them off to tip us as to when they were coming. | 所以我们交了保护费 让他们提前给个信 |
[13:21] | What did you do with the information? | 你们收到信号怎么办 |
[13:22] | I had a red light behind the bar. | 吧台后有盏红灯 |
[13:25] | If people were dancing and the red light started, | 如果人们跳舞时红灯亮了起来 |
[13:28] | they knew to hurry up | 他们就知道 |
[13:28] | and get into boy-girl couples before the cops got there. | 得赶在警察到前进行男女配对 |
[13:31] | Only that night there was no warning. | 只有那晚没接到警报 |
[13:34] | How come? | 怎么会这样 |
[13:35] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[13:37] | Maybe my uncle was late with the payoff. | 可能我叔叔没及时交保护费吧 |
[14:09] | Cops ever do any damage? | 警察造成什么损失了吗 |
[14:10] | Sure. | 当然 |
[14:12] | Those kind of raids was open season on them fags. | 那种搜捕就是为抓基佬 |
[14:18] | There’s nothing on the books about a police raid. | 没任何关于警察搜捕的记录 |
[14:20] | You’re surprised? | 你很惊讶吗 |
[14:21] | This raid happened the night of a murder. | 这次搜捕发生在谋杀那晚 |
[14:23] | That’s pretty significant. | 那很关键 |
[14:25] | Yeah, well, things were different back then, Scott. | 对 但那时的情况不同 史考特 |
[14:28] | The department isn’t squeaky-clean. | 局里并不干净 |
[14:30] | There’s a lot that’s ugly in our past. | 我们过去有许多污点 |
[14:32] | So, now we got two secret worlds to break into… | 所以 我们现在要闯入两个秘密领域 |
[14:34] | gays and the history of the department. | 同性恋以及警察局史 |
[14:39] | You know about Russo’s Raiders? | 你们知道罗素的突击队吗 |
[14:41] | Heard stories. | 有所耳闻 |
[14:56] | Captain John Russo had an elite squad. | 约翰·罗素上尉有一支精卫队 |
[14:59] | They took care of businesses… | 他们负责类似 |
[15:01] | payoffs, raids. | 索贿 搜捕这样的事务 |
[15:02] | Probably gay bashing, too. | 也可能包括殴打同性恋 |
[15:04] | Nice. | 很好 |
[15:05] | So, how do we find out what cops were on this raid? | 那怎么查出哪些警察参与了那次搜捕 |
[15:08] | Not from the records. | 从记录上是查不到的 |
[15:10] | That stuff was off the books. | 那种脏活不会留档 |
[15:11] | How do we find out if Danny was beaten | 我们怎么查明丹尼是否挨了警棍 |
[15:13] | with a nightstick, and not a bat? | 而不是棒球棒呢 |
[15:21] | We should stop calling them drag queens. | 我们不应该再叫他们易装皇后 |
[15:23] | How come? | 为什么 |
[15:24] | I think the last guy was offended. | 我觉得刚才那人生气了 |
[15:27] | I thought they call themselves drag queens. | 我还以为他们自称易装皇后 |
[15:30] | Don’t mean we can. | 那我们也不能这么喊 |
[15:31] | Is it a slur? I don’t think it is. | 是诽谤吗 我可不觉得 |
[15:33] | How about cross-dresser? | 叫变装者怎么样 |
[15:35] | That’s not offensive, right? | 那样不失礼了吧 |
[15:36] | No, it’s neutral. | 对 那是中性词 |
[15:37] | All right, let’s go with that one this time. | 好 我们就这么叫 |
[15:40] | Hey, how’s it going? | 最近怎么样 |
[15:42] | Super. | 不错 |
[15:44] | We’re, uh, looking for an older gentlemen… | 我们在找一位年纪大点的先生 |
[15:46] | a cross-dresser who goes by the name of Tinkerbell. | 一个叫小仙女的变装者 |
[15:49] | Don’t know him. | 不认识 |
[15:50] | You got any old-timers that hang out here? | 你们这有老前辈吗 |
[15:52] | There’s an older crowd in the rooms upstairs. | 楼上房间倒是有些年纪大的 |
[15:55] | What rooms? | 什么房间 |
[15:56] | The conversation rooms. | 聊天室 |
[15:57] | Hell, we’re not vice. | 该死 我们不是刑警 |
[15:58] | We don’t care about your rooms. | 不会查你们房间 |
[15:59] | We’re looking for a witness. | 我们在找个证人 |
[16:02] | Go on up. | 上去吧 |
[16:03] | Just watch your body language if you don’t wanna get groped. | 如果不想被占便宜 就注意点肢体语言 |
[16:13] | Danny’s mom said | 丹尼的妈妈说 |
[16:13] | you two dated in college. | 你俩在大学里约过会 |
[16:19] | I found about Danny the hard way. | 我费尽周折才发现丹尼的秘密 |
[16:21] | I caught him and Hank kissing. | 我抓到他和汉克接吻 |
[16:24] | Damn you. | 可恶 |
[16:26] | Damn you. | 可恶 |
[16:28] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:31] | Everything’s a big lie. | 一切都是在骗我 |
[16:33] | You’re just a liar, using me? | 你只是在利用我 你这骗子 |
[16:36] | No. I love you. | 不 我爱你 |
[16:41] | Nothing has to change. | 我们可以保持原状 |
[16:43] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[16:44] | I mean, I do love you. | 我是指 我真的爱你 |
[16:47] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[16:49] | But, not the way you’re supposed to. | 但你对我的爱不是男女间的爱情 |
[16:56] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[17:08] | Not as much. | 只是比不上 |
[17:12] | As much as what? | 比不上什么 |
[17:17] | As I love him. | 比不上我爱他 |
[17:27] | Did you kill him? | 是你杀了他吗 |
[17:28] | I mean, that would solve our case. | 那样的话 案子就结了 |
[17:29] | No, we became friends. | 不 我们成了朋友 |
[17:33] | Oh. Gotta run. | 我得走了 |
[17:35] | Uh, can we walk with you? | 我们能和你一起去吗 |
[17:36] | Do you know how to deliver a baby? | 你们知道怎么接生吗 |
[17:38] | I can learn anything. | 我什么都能学 |
[17:42] | You know, I always wondered | 我常常在想 |
[17:44] | if it was just a random street thing. | 那是不是随机性案件 |
[17:46] | Something really bad was happening in his life. | 那时他正遭遇不幸 |
[17:49] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[17:50] | I think Danny was being blackmailed. | 我觉得有人勒索丹尼 |
[17:53] | He needed a chunk of money, | 他需要一大笔钱 |
[17:54] | and obviously he hadn’t gotten a girl in trouble, | 而且显然不会是因为把女孩肚子搞大 |
[17:57] | as we used to say. | 这是我们的一贯说法 |
[17:59] | But then I think, | 但我又想 |
[18:00] | why would anyone blackmail Danny? | 为什么会有人敲诈丹尼呢 |
[18:02] | He didn’t have a cent. | 他穷得叮当响 |
[18:04] | He borrowed toothpaste. | 连牙膏都要借 |
[18:07] | Oops, last warning. | 最后一次警告 |
[18:09] | Um, did you know his boyfriend? | 你认识他男友吗 |
[18:12] | Hank? | 汉克 |
[18:14] | Ambitious, “Master of the Universe” type. | 野心勃勃 想要主宰一切的那类人 |
[18:18] | Law student. | 法学院学生 |
[18:19] | What’s Hank’s last name? | 汉克姓什么 |
[18:21] | Hank… oh… | 汉克… |
[18:23] | What’s the screwdriver? | 那个螺丝刀是什么牌子的 |
[18:24] | Phillips? | 菲利普斯 |
[18:25] | Hank Phillips. | 汉克·菲利普斯 |
[18:26] | I don’t know what became of him. | 我不知道他出了什么事 |
[18:28] | Danny didn’t deserve what happened to him. | 丹尼不应该遭那种罪 |
[18:31] | And even though I’m the one who got her heart broken… | 即使心碎的人是我 |
[18:36] | Danny wasn’t cruel. | 也不怪丹尼残忍 |
[18:38] | The world was. | 残忍的是这个世界 |
[18:44] | The story is Tinkerbell had a nipple ring. | 据说小仙女有个乳环 |
[18:48] | Way ahead of his time with that. | 那在当时很前卫 |
[18:50] | Anyway, in one of his many ass kickings, | 总之 他被羞辱过很多次 |
[18:52] | a guy took a knife | 有一次 有人拿刀 |
[18:53] | and tried to slice that ring right off. | 想把那乳环切下来 |
[18:56] | But there’s a happy ending. | 不过结果不坏 |
[18:58] | Tink got the nipple reconstructed for free | 小仙女在维吉尼亚医院 |
[19:00] | at the VA hospital. | 免费再造了乳头 |
[19:03] | A doc there wrote it up as a combat wound | 那里一个医生将病例写为 |
[19:05] | she got fighting in Korea. | 她在朝鲜的战伤 |
[19:07] | So, Tinkerbell was in the army? | 就是说 小仙女当过兵吗 |
[19:09] | You know this doc’s name? | 你知道这医生的名字吗 |
[19:11] | Or Tinkerbell’s? | 或是小仙女的 |
[19:14] | But that old queen sure got beaten up a lot. | 但那老皇后肯定经常被痛打 |
[19:19] | Someone at the VA may know her real name. | 维吉尼亚医院里有人知道她真名 |
[19:24] | Thanks for your time. | 谢谢配合 |
[19:31] | Thanks for this. | 谢谢你来帮忙 |
[19:32] | What do you got? | 你有什么事 |
[19:33] | A question I need answered. | 我需要找出一个答案 |
[19:34] | Quietly. | 需要保密 |
[19:36] | The case is from 1964. | 这起案子始于1964年 |
[19:38] | We need to know about a weapon. | 我们要查明一件凶器 |
[19:39] | Oh, no problem. | 没问题 |
[19:41] | Oh, this is Sherry. | 这位是雪莉 |
[19:42] | She’s gonna do that research for us. | 她会为我们做那份调查 |
[19:43] | On the QT? | 鉴定实验吗 |
[19:44] | Mum’s the word. | 保密 |
[19:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:51] | Vera should be finding true love right about now. | 维拉现在应该在寻找真爱 |
[19:56] | Back in ’64, Tinkerbell came forward voluntarily. | 64年 小仙女主动来过局里 |
[19:59] | Wanted to talk about being assaulted. | 想谈被攻击的事 |
[20:02] | Tinkerbell’s not a joke. | 小仙女可不是个玩笑 |
[20:05] | So far she’s our most promising lead. | 目前她是我们最有希望的线索 |
[20:07] | I got another one… | 我找到了另一条线索 |
[20:08] | from the law school alumni office. | 来自法学院男校友办公室 |
[20:11] | You found Hank? | 你找到了汉克 |
[20:12] | Oh, yeah. Still lives in Philly. | 是啊 他还住在费城 |
[20:14] | Henry Phillips. | 亨利·菲利普斯 |
[20:17] | That Henry Phillips? | 大名鼎鼎的亨利·菲利普斯吗 |
[20:20] | Your Honor. Detective Rush, Homicide. | 你好 我是拉什探员 凶案组的 |
[20:24] | I’m here on a personal matter. | 我是为私事而来 |
[20:26] | A personal matter of yours? | 你的私事吗 |
[20:29] | Of yours. | 是你的 |
[20:31] | I’ve reopened the Daniel Holz case. | 我重开了丹尼尔·霍尔茨的案子 |
[20:34] | You and he were both at Penn in 1964. | 1964年你们都就读于宾夕法尼亚大学 |
[20:36] | You remember him? | 你还记得他吗 |
[20:39] | He was murdered. | 他被杀了 |
[20:40] | I understand you were close friends. | 我了解到你们曾是密友 |
[20:47] | I’m not sure I can get into this. | 我不方便插手这事 |
[20:50] | I have no interest in prying into your personal life. | 我没兴趣窥探你的私生活 |
[20:52] | I’m just trying to solve a homicide. | 我只是在努力破案 |
[20:56] | We’re looking into the theory it was a hate crime. | 我们目前调查认为这是憎恨犯罪 |
[20:59] | A gay bashing. | 殴打同性恋 |
[21:01] | Who brought that theory to the table? | 是谁把这个想法摊到台面上讲的 |
[21:03] | His mother. | 他母亲 |
[21:08] | I don’t remember him well enough to help you. | 我对他印象不深 恐怕没法帮你 |
[21:12] | Well, take my card | 拿着我的名片 |
[21:14] | in case something jogs your memory. | 想起什么就给我打电话 |
[21:18] | Like the fact that you cared about him. | 比如你曾关心他 |
[21:20] | I don’t talk publicly | 我不在公共场合谈论 |
[21:22] | about… these things. | 这些事情 |
[21:28] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[21:31] | I’d like to help you. | 我愿意帮你 |
[21:35] | But I need assurances… | 但我要你保证 |
[21:38] | It’s between you and me. | 这事只有你知我知 |
[21:41] | No notes. | 不做记录 |
[21:45] | What do you wanna know? | 你想知道什么 |
[21:48] | Was Danny being blackmailed? | 丹尼是被勒索了吗 |
[21:51] | No. | 没有 |
[21:51] | His friend Deborah said he needed money all of a sudden. | 他朋友黛博拉说他急需要钱 |
[21:53] | He wasn’t being blackmailed. I was. | 被勒索的不是他 是我 |
[21:56] | By who? | 被谁 |
[21:56] | The management at a certain bar. | 一家酒吧的管理人员 |
[21:59] | The Hush Room. | “寂静之屋” |
[21:59] | I went to that rat hole with Danny twice, | 我和丹尼去过那鼠窝两次 |
[22:02] | and almost had my life ruined. | 差点毁了我一生 |
[22:05] | They were running an extortion scam out of there. | 他们在酒吧外设了个敲诈的局 |
[22:07] | And a young law student was a good target. | 一个年轻的法学院学生很容易下手 |
[22:12] | You couldn’t be a lawyer if you were gay back then. | 那时你要是同性恋 就不可能当律师 |
[22:15] | Moral turpitude. | 那不合道德 |
[22:17] | So, why was Danny trying to get money | 既然你才是被勒索的人 |
[22:19] | if you were the one blackmailed? | 为什么丹尼会去筹钱 |
[22:20] | He felt responsible. | 他觉得他有责任 |
[22:22] | He was responsible. | 他的确有责任 |
[22:24] | I didn’t mind being behind closed doors, | 我不介意搞地下恋 |
[22:27] | but Danny wanted to be out, on a scene. | 但是丹尼想出柜 让我们光明正大 |
[22:30] | That make you angry? | 那就激怒你了 |
[22:32] | You think I killed him? | 你认为是我杀了他 |
[22:34] | In a disgusting alley… as a career move? | 在一条恶心的巷子 作为事业的起步点 |
[22:39] | Not my best theory. | 这可能性不是最大 |
[22:43] | You know who really hated Danny? | 你知道谁真正厌恶丹尼吗 |
[22:48] | His teammates on the baseball team. | 是他棒球队的队员 |
[22:55] | Hey, these yours? | 这是你的吗 |
[23:02] | I know this place. | 我知道这地方 |
[23:04] | You do? | 是吗 |
[23:09] | Yeah. | 是 |
[23:11] | Do you go there? | 你去过吗 |
[23:13] | I may have, yeah. | 算是吧 去过 |
[23:22] | Faggot. | 死基佬 |
[23:36] | From that day on, | 从那天起 |
[23:38] | they made things really bad for him. | 他们处处刁难他 |
[23:41] | Beaned him on purpose. | 故意打他头 |
[23:42] | Wouldn’t sit with him on the bus. | 公车上不和他坐一起 |
[23:43] | He ended up quitting. | 他最后退出球队了 |
[23:45] | But, in these days, there was no such thing | 但近来 这种事已经不会发生在 |
[23:47] | as a gay athlete, | 同性恋球员身上了 |
[23:48] | not at Penn or anywhere else. | 不论是在宾大还是在其它地方 |
[23:54] | Thank you for talking to me. | 谢谢你和我谈这些 |
[23:58] | I need it to stay confidential. | 我需要你守口如瓶 |
[24:00] | There’s one person | 有一个人 |
[24:02] | I’d like to tell about our conversation. | 我想告诉她我们之间的谈话 |
[24:04] | Danny’s Mom’s in town. | 丹尼的妈妈在镇上 |
[24:06] | She’d like to hear from you. | 她想知道你的消息 |
[24:12] | I hear you’re running a dice game out of your warehouse, Anthony. | 我听说你在货仓外赌骰子 安东尼 |
[24:15] | Dice game. What? | 赌骰子 什么 |
[24:16] | Yeah. I heard Bingo, dogfights. | 我听说有宾戈 混战 |
[24:18] | Oh, all kinds of things to write you up on. | 各种能把你抓起来的赌局 |
[24:19] | Come on, you guys what do you want with me? | 得了吧 你们想要我干什么 |
[24:21] | Tell us about the extortion scam. | 告诉我们敲诈的事 |
[24:23] | Extortion? Why would we do that? | 敲诈 我们为什么要那么做 |
[24:24] | You tell us. | 你说呢 |
[24:26] | We was printing money, | 我们那时财源滚滚 |
[24:27] | selling watered-down drinks to the queers, | 向同志卖掺了水的饮料 |
[24:29] | and it’d be bad for business. | 而那会影响我们的声誉 |
[24:30] | Talk about bad for business… | 那就谈谈影响声誉的事 |
[24:31] | how much, uh,you charge for the dice game? | 你们的赌骰子索价多少 |
[24:33] | Ah, come on. | 别这样 |
[24:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:43] | My moron cousin hid a camera, | 我那笨蛋堂兄藏了台相机 |
[24:46] | tried to hit up a couple of guys, | 想勒索几个家伙 |
[24:47] | looked like they had something to lose. | 好像他们怕被抓住把柄 |
[24:49] | My uncle almost ripped his throat out when he found out. | 我叔叔发现时 差点掐断他的脖子 |
[24:52] | For the reasons I cited above. | 就因为我刚才说的事 |
[24:53] | Bad for business. | 都对生意不利 |
[24:54] | My uncle shut him down. | 我叔叔阻止了他 |
[24:56] | End of story. | 没下文了 |
[25:00] | Believe me, | 相信我 |
[25:01] | my cousin was way too small-time to plan a murder. | 我堂兄这种小混混没本事策划凶案 |
[25:05] | The raid that night… I need a name. | 我需要那晚搜捕人员的名单 |
[25:07] | They taped over their name tags. | 他们用胶带遮住了胸牌 |
[25:09] | You usually got warning. | 你们通常能得到警报 |
[25:10] | Who gave it to you? | 是谁给的 |
[25:11] | The bagman for the District Captain. | 区上尉的中间人 |
[25:12] | The guy who picked up the payoff envelopes? | 就是收拿保护费的人吗 |
[25:14] | Contributions to the police Athletic Foundation. | 那是对警察运动基金会的捐赠 |
[25:16] | His name. | 他叫什么 |
[25:18] | He was a rookie. | 他那时还是个菜鸟 |
[25:22] | Nelson. | 尼尔森 |
[25:26] | Was Officer Nelson at the bar the night Danny was killed? | 丹尼遇害那晚 尼尔森警官在酒吧吗 |
[25:29] | He was always there. | 一直都在 |
[25:33] | That’s very helpful, Anthony. | 那线索很有用 安东尼 |
[25:39] | No. This is not a put-on. | 不 这不是骗局 |
[25:40] | He went by the name Tinkerbell. | 他化名小仙女去酒吧 |
[25:43] | A Korean War vet. | 一个朝鲜战争时的老兵 |
[25:44] | His chest area got in a little accident with a knife. | 他的胸部被刀切过 |
[25:47] | 43 guys named Nelson on the job in the ’60s. | 60年代有43个叫尼尔森的任职 |
[25:51] | So we track them all down. | 那就把他们的下落都查明 |
[25:52] | Yeah, yeah. | 是 没错 |
[25:53] | A cross-dresser. Had a nipple ring. | 一个变装者 有一个乳环 |
[25:55] | The Penn baseball team? | 宾大棒球队吗 |
[25:57] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[25:57] | They were in Ithaca, New York the weekend of your murder. | 凶案发生的那个周末 他们在纽约伊萨卡 |
[26:00] | An away game. | 打客场 |
[26:01] | The entire lineup. | 整个队伍 |
[26:02] | You look that up? | 你调查了吗 |
[26:04] | I happen to have every sports record known to man. | 我碰巧有每场比赛的记录 |
[26:07] | Memorized. | 你还记得 |
[26:08] | 20 less guys you got to check out. | 你要调查的人不到20个 |
[26:10] | We have so many other suspects, it’s sad. | 还有很多其他嫌犯 很悲哀 |
[26:12] | Blackmail ring, rogue cops, neighborhood thugs… | 勒索帮派 流氓警察 小区流氓 |
[26:16] | No shortage of people who had it in for a gay kid. | 总有人和同性恋孩子过不去 |
[26:18] | I got the results you asked for. | 我拿到了你要的结果 |
[26:21] | He’s okay. | 他没问题 |
[26:23] | Oh, thanks. | 真是谢了 |
[26:25] | I called in a favor at the FBI lab. | 我请了联调局实验室帮忙 |
[26:27] | We used a pig’s head to simulate | 我们用一个猪头来模拟 |
[26:28] | the bruise and wound pattern for the weapon, | 凶器所致的淤青和伤口特征 |
[26:30] | and then compared that to the victim photographs. | 然后将其与死者的照片进行对比 |
[26:32] | And? | 然后呢 |
[26:33] | And that kid was not killed with a nightstick. | 然后发现那孩子不是被警棍打死的 |
[26:35] | Well, that’s a relief. | 那可真松了口气 |
[26:37] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:37] | Thank the pig. | 应该谢那只猪 |
[26:38] | What’s your guess about the weapon? | 你推测会是什么凶器呢 |
[26:40] | My money’s on the classic baseball bat. | 我打赌是一根传统的棒球棒 |
[26:43] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[26:44] | I found Tinkerbell. | 我找到小仙女了 |
[26:46] | Real name… George Polk. | 真名叫乔治·波克 |
[26:54] | Mr. Polk? | 波克先生 |
[26:57] | George Polk? | 乔治·波克 |
[27:00] | Detective Rush, Philadelphia Police. | 我是拉什探员 来自费城警局 |
[27:03] | Go away. | 走开 |
[27:07] | I’m here about the 1964 murder | 我来调查1964年 |
[27:09] | of Daniel Holtz outside the Hush Room. | “寂静之屋”外的丹尼尔·霍尔茨凶案 |
[27:12] | You wanted to give a statement to police. | 你本想向警方录口供 |
[27:15] | I’m here to take it. | 我是来做笔录的 |
[27:25] | It took you a while to get back to me. | 你回来找我 花的时间还真够长的 |
[27:28] | Yes, it did. | 确实如此 |
[27:35] | Decided to get dressed up? | 决定变装出门了吗 |
[27:37] | Yes, I did. | 没错 |
[27:39] | You know, in my day, | 在我那年代 |
[27:41] | I was beaten up by every cop and fag basher | 我在南费城被每个警察 |
[27:44] | in South Philly. | 和同志打手痛打 |
[27:46] | Hmm. Cops beat you up for no reason? | 警察无缘无故打你吗 |
[27:49] | The reason, young man, was hatred. | 原因就是憎恶 年轻人 |
[27:51] | And career advancement. | 也为了晋升 |
[27:53] | The Captain Russo loved his fag-bashing. | 罗素上尉就好这口 |
[27:56] | We can only speculate why. | 我们只能这么推断 |
[28:00] | These are mug shots from the early ’60s. | 这些是60年代早期的嫌犯面部照片 |
[28:02] | Arrests out of the Third District. | 是在第三区外逮捕的 |
[28:04] | Is there a magnifier? | 有放大镜吗 |
[28:05] | Yes. | 有 |
[28:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:11] | These are old eyes, | 这双老花眼 |
[28:13] | you know, they need help. | 不太好使 |
[28:15] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问些问题吗 |
[28:17] | Please. | 请问吧 |
[28:20] | Why did you flaunt the way you were | 你明知道人们会因此而攻击你 |
[28:22] | if you knew people were gonna attack you for it? | 为什么还要那样张扬呢 |
[28:24] | You’re a homicide detective? | 你真是凶案组的探员吗 |
[28:26] | He’s new. | 他是新手 |
[28:29] | With what you see people do, | 你见识了那么多凶案 |
[28:31] | you get upset about how a man dresses, | 怎么还会纠结一个男人的穿着 |
[28:33] | and who he loves? | 和他的性取向 |
[28:36] | I ain’t upset. | 我不是纠结 |
[28:37] | I’m just wondering, | 我只想知道 |
[28:38] | if you’re getting beaten up ’cause you dress like a woman, | 如果你因为装扮成女人而被殴打 |
[28:40] | and you don’t wanna get beat up, | 而你又不想被打 |
[28:42] | why not stop dressing like a woman? | 那为什么不停止这种行为呢 |
[28:44] | ‘Cause I was never a practical girl. | 因为我从不是名副其实的女孩 |
[28:53] | Oh, he’s one of them. | 他是他们中的一员 |
[28:55] | One of who? | 什么人中的一员 |
[28:56] | The local monster. | 本地的恶霸 |
[28:57] | I remember his eyebrows. | 我记得他的眼睫毛 |
[28:58] | He was the ringleader. | 他是个小头目 |
[28:59] | What do you remember him doing? | 你记得他什么 |
[29:00] | I remember him hitting me and kicking me and throwing things. | 我记得他对我拳脚相加 还朝我扔东西 |
[29:04] | You’re sure about him? | 你确定是他吗 |
[29:05] | I’m sure. His mother would egg him on | 我确定 他妈会在 |
[29:07] | from the window of their little slum. | 小贫民窟的窗口煽风点火 |
[29:09] | And his name | 他的名字 |
[29:11] | is Brien. | 叫欧布莱恩 |
[29:14] | Timmy O’Brien. | 蒂米·欧布莱恩 |
[29:16] | Lived around the corner from the Hush Room. | 住在”寂静之屋”旁的拐角处 |
[29:20] | Fourth floor window, right? | 四楼的窗户 对吗 |
[29:23] | Apartment 419. | 419室 |
[29:25] | If the local thugs did in that poor boy, | 如果是这群流氓杀死了那可怜的孩子 |
[29:27] | this one was a part of it. | 这人肯定也参与了 |
[29:33] | Thank you, Mr. Polk. | 谢谢 波克先生 |
[29:38] | That Danny was a good one. | 那个丹尼是个好人 |
[29:40] | Lot of spunk. | 很有胆量 |
[29:42] | But heartbroken | 但他心很伤心 |
[29:43] | because the Phillies did something with a pennant. | 因为费城人队在锦标赛的事 |
[29:46] | They blew the pennant race in ’64. | 他们在1964年的锦标赛中失利了 |
[29:48] | That was it. | 正是 |
[29:50] | That boy was thrown off of the baseball team. | 那个男孩被踢出了棒球队 |
[29:53] | And he was always trying to organize a game at the bar. | 他总设法在酒吧组织一场比赛 |
[29:57] | I was going to be a cheerleader. | 我会当拉拉队长 |
[30:04] | I get the vapors just thinking about it. | 一想起这事 我就情不自禁 |
[30:23] | You, uh, Timmy O’Brien? | 你是蒂米·欧布莱恩吗 |
[30:25] | Yeah. | 是 |
[30:28] | What’s it about? | 什么事 |
[30:29] | Just, uh, following up a dog call from a long time ago. | 我在跟进一宗陈年旧案 |
[30:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:34] | You recognize this individual? | 你认得出这个人吗 |
[30:38] | Maybe. | 有点印象 |
[30:39] | Ever get on her case? | 了解过她的情况吗 |
[30:41] | Her? | 她的 |
[30:43] | Word is, you took care of business with the local drag queens. | 听说你负责修理本地的易装皇后 |
[30:46] | I didn’t ask them to come to my neighborhood, | 我没请他们来我的街区 |
[30:48] | start parading around on the streets. | 在街上招摇过市 |
[30:50] | I hear you. | 我知道你意思 |
[30:52] | But I never hurt nobody. | 但我从没伤害过任何人 |
[30:54] | I’m just carrying out a duty here. | 我只是来这里履行职责 |
[30:56] | So, uh, what did you do to these fine citizens? | 那么 你对这些好市民做了些什么 |
[31:00] | Kid stuff. | 都是些儿戏 |
[31:02] | You know, harassing them, like. | 比如骚扰他们 |
[31:04] | Throwing stuff. | 扔点东西 |
[31:05] | Bottles, sticks? | 瓶子还是棍棒 |
[31:08] | Chinese takeout. | 中餐外卖 |
[31:10] | How’s that work? | 怎么回事 |
[31:11] | Well, when we had some leftovers, | 当我们有些残羹剩饭时 |
[31:13] | see a couple of fags on our street, | 看到几个基佬出现在街上 |
[31:15] | we’d dump the food on them. | 就把剩饭泼他们身上 |
[31:16] | What’s that, assault with a deadly egg roll? | 那又怎样 难不成蛋卷能砸死人吗 |
[31:21] | Did you ever see this kid? | 你见过这个孩子吗 |
[31:25] | Nah. | 没 |
[31:27] | ‘Cause he was a local fag. | 他是个本地的同志 |
[31:34] | I don’t recognize him. | 我认不出 |
[31:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:39] | I ain’t proud of all that stuff. | 我并不为那些事感到骄傲 |
[31:42] | I wouldn’t want my kids to know I did it. | 我不想让我的孩子知道 |
[31:45] | It was just pranks. | 那只是恶作剧 |
[31:49] | Have a good day. | 祝你愉快 |
[31:57] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[32:00] | Thanks for letting me know. | 谢谢你通知我 |
[32:02] | Yeah, I wanted to meet her. | 我想见她 |
[32:05] | The hotel said she was brought here last night. | 旅馆的人说她昨晚被带到这里 |
[32:08] | How’s she doing? | 她现在怎么样 |
[32:11] | Have you gone in? | 你进去过了吗 |
[32:13] | No. I was nervous. | 没 我很紧张 |
[32:15] | A grown man, and I’m scared to meet his mom. | 作为一个成年人 我居然害怕见他母亲 |
[32:18] | So I’ll go with you. | 那我陪你去 |
[32:32] | Helen, this is Hank. | 海伦 他叫汉克 |
[32:37] | You’re the boy who ran out of the room. | 你就是那个跑出房间的男孩 |
[32:42] | I guess so. | 是的 |
[32:45] | Hank. | 汉克 |
[32:48] | Any progress? | 有进展吗 |
[32:50] | We’ve got at least one person of interest. | 我们至少找到了一名嫌犯 |
[32:53] | Who’s that? | 是谁 |
[32:53] | Local thug in the neighborhood. | 小区里的本地流氓 |
[32:55] | Told a story about throwing Chinese leftovers | 说他以前将中餐剩饭 |
[32:58] | at gay men out on the street. | 扔到街上的同性恋身上 |
[33:01] | You talked to that man? | 你和那人谈过了吗 |
[33:03] | Yeah. | 是 |
[33:07] | You wanted to know about Danny. | 你想知道丹尼的事 |
[33:09] | In many ways, Danny was a man of his time. | 在很多方面 丹尼臣服于那个时代 |
[33:14] | He lied about his life to some people. | 关于他的生活 他对一些人撒了谎 |
[33:18] | To you. | 包括你 |
[33:21] | In other ways, | 在其它方面 |
[33:24] | Danny was ahead of his time. | 丹尼又走在那个时代的前端 |
[33:26] | How? | 怎么说 |
[33:28] | He didn’t hate himself. | 他并不厌恶他自己 |
[33:31] | Somehow, he knew he had a right to exist. | 不知怎么 他就是知道他有生存的权利 |
[33:38] | You haven’t told them, have you? | 你还没告诉他们 是吗 |
[33:40] | My parents? You crazy? | 我父母 你疯了吗 |
[33:43] | No way, huh? | 没门 是吧 |
[33:49] | If they even suspected I was rooting | 如果他们哪怕只是怀疑我 |
[33:50] | for the Phillies against the Braves, | 支持费城人队对抗勇士队 |
[33:52] | I’d be dead to them. | 我也会死定了 |
[33:55] | I could never go home again. | 我永远也别想回家了 |
[33:58] | Hey, guys… ladies. | 伙计们 女士们 |
[33:59] | How’s it goin’? | 怎么样 |
[34:00] | Here’s a little Chinese for you. | 为你们准备了点中国菜 |
[34:03] | I hear faggots like Chinese food. | 我听说基佬喜欢吃中餐 |
[34:13] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[34:14] | No, I wanna see their faces. | 不 我要看看他们是谁 |
[34:18] | Officer… | 警官 |
[34:19] | Come on, Danny. | 算了 丹尼 |
[34:19] | Officer. | 警官 |
[34:32] | Danny was brave. | 丹尼很勇敢 |
[34:36] | I wasn’t. | 我却不是 |
[34:39] | What happened after the Chinese food? | 被泼了中餐后发生了什么事 |
[34:45] | I went home, uh… | 我回家了 |
[34:47] | Danny came over later, and we fought. | 丹尼后来过来了 我们起了争执 |
[34:50] | He stormed out… obviously went to the Hush Room, | 他摔门出去 很明显是去了”寂静之屋” |
[34:52] | and… and I never saw him again. | 后来…我就再也没见过他 |
[34:57] | Do you know the name of the officer he spoke to? | 你知道和他找的那个警察的名字吗 |
[35:00] | I have the paperwork. | 我有笔录 |
[35:03] | Danny threw it at me that night, | 那晚丹尼把笔录朝我扔了过来 |
[35:04] | called me a coward. | 说我是个懦夫 |
[35:07] | You kept it? | 你还留着吗 |
[35:09] | Anything I had of his, I kept. | 他的一切 我都留着 |
[35:12] | You loved him. | 你是爱他的 |
[35:17] | Yes. | 是 |
[35:20] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[35:27] | Officer Paul Nelson took the report. | 保罗·尼尔森警官做了那份笔录 |
[35:29] | Nelson… same name Anthony gave us. | 尼尔森 就是安东尼告诉我们的那个名字 |
[35:31] | In ’64, he was a rookie in the Third District. | 64年 他还是第三区的一个新手 |
[35:34] | He worked under the command of Captain John Russo. | 他在约翰·罗素手下任职 |
[35:38] | A Russo’s Raider. | 是罗素的一个打手 |
[35:40] | He booked the city when he retired. Lives out in Alden. | 他一退休就搬走了 住在奥尔登 |
[35:44] | Works at the cop shop at the union hall. | 在工会的警察站工作 |
[35:47] | Go pay him a visit. | 去会会他 |
[35:52] | Paul Nelson? | 你是保罗·尼尔森吗 |
[35:53] | Yes? | 有事吗 |
[35:54] | Lilly Rush, Homicide. | 我是莉莉·拉什 凶案组的 |
[35:55] | Scotty Valens, same. | 我是史考特·瓦伦斯探员 |
[35:57] | What can I do for you? | 有什么我能帮你们的 |
[35:58] | You took a complaint of harassment | 1964年你接到 |
[35:59] | from a Daniel Holtz in 1964. | 丹尼尔·霍尔茨的骚扰投诉 |
[36:02] | Neighborhood boys threw food at them. | 说小混混朝他们扔食物 |
[36:05] | This kid was murdered the same night. | 当晚这孩子就遇害了 |
[36:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:14] | Wanna tell us what you know? | 想给我们说说情况吗 |
[36:17] | I knew this day would come. | 我就知道会有这么一天 |
[36:22] | Let’s meet tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[36:30] | That kid Danny had moxie, | 那个叫丹尼的男孩很有勇气 |
[36:33] | coming to me with the noodles droppin’ from his forehead. | 他来找我的时候 额头上的面条正往下掉 |
[36:36] | I asked him if he was the shortstop | 我问他是不是 |
[36:37] | on the Penn baseball team, | 宾大棒球队的游击手 |
[36:40] | ’cause I recognized him. | 因为我认出了他 |
[36:42] | I went to some of them games. | 我去看过他们一些比赛 |
[36:43] | You talked about baseball at a time like that? | 你竟然在那种情况下聊棒球 |
[36:46] | I was embarrassed. | 我很尴尬 |
[36:47] | Embarrassed because he was a fag | 就因为他是一个基佬 |
[36:49] | and you had to talk to him? | 而你又必须和他说话吗 |
[36:51] | I thought the whole situation was embarrassing. | 我觉得整个情形都让人尴尬 |
[36:55] | How old were you? | 你当时多大 |
[36:58] | Twenty-two. | 22岁 |
[36:59] | I just started on the job. | 我才刚当警察 |
[37:01] | I thought, I’m set. | 我原以为已经准备好了 |
[37:03] | Next thing you know, | 接下来你们都知道 |
[37:04] | I’m John Russo’s bagman. | 我是约翰·罗素的中间人 |
[37:07] | That didn’t sit right with you? | 那不适合你吧 |
[37:08] | Oh, I loved it at first. | 我起初很喜欢 |
[37:10] | It was like going behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz… | 那就像在”绿野仙踪”里躲在幕后 |
[37:13] | see how the whole thing works. | 观察整个运作模式 |
[37:15] | And the night of Danny’s murder… | 丹尼遇害那晚… |
[37:17] | how’d it work then? | 是怎么运作的 |
[37:19] | I took the kid’s report. That’s it. | 我接到那孩子的案子 就这样 |
[37:23] | Then they called a raid | 然后上头让我们搜捕 |
[37:24] | that night… late… | 那天晚上…深夜… |
[37:28] | and I saw him again. | 我再次见到了他 |
[38:04] | Next time I saw him, he was dead. | 我再见到他的时候 他已经死了 |
[38:08] | You know what, Nelson? | 你知道吗 尼尔森 |
[38:10] | That’s the part I’m not buying. | 那部分我可不买账 |
[38:16] | I don’t need to be talking to you. | 我没必要和你谈这些 |
[38:17] | But you are. Why? | 但你谈了 为什么 |
[38:19] | You feel guilty about something? | 有事让你觉得愧疚吗 |
[38:21] | I’m telling you what I know. | 我说的都是实情 |
[38:24] | Me and my partner chased a patron to the alley. | 我和搭档追赶一个客人进了那巷子 |
[38:27] | We saw the kid’s body | 我们看见那孩子的尸体 |
[38:28] | splayed and protruding from the alley. | 呈大字型躺在巷子里 |
[38:31] | “Splayed and protruding.” | “呈大字型” |
[38:33] | That’s what the caller said. | 是那个报案人的原话 |
[38:37] | You made that anonymous call. | 是你打了那个匿名电话 |
[38:41] | Don’t do this to me. | 别这样对我 |
[38:43] | Look… we’re all cops here. | 听着 我们都是警察 |
[38:46] | It’ll be handled right. | 我们会妥善处理 |
[38:48] | A cop didn’t do this. | 警察不会打死人 |
[38:51] | Forensics says it was a cop. | 法医说是警察干的 |
[38:54] | Weapon was a nightstick. | 凶器是一根警棍 |
[38:55] | That’s wrong. | 鉴定有误 |
[38:56] | It’s what the lab says. | 那是实验室的鉴定结果 |
[38:57] | Absolutely wrong. | 显然是搞错了 |
[38:58] | Which you know is true, because you were there. | 你明知道那是真相 因为你在场 |
[39:00] | – You saw what happened. – I didn’t see… | -你看见了案发经过 -我没看见… |
[39:03] | all of it. | 全部的过程 |
[39:05] | You walked away? | 你走开了吗 |
[39:07] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:07] | He was going to die. | 他当时快死了 |
[39:10] | They were beating on him, | 他们对他拳打脚踢 |
[39:13] | and… yeah… | 然后…没错… |
[39:16] | We looked the other way. | 我们背身而去 |
[39:21] | Who were they? | 他们是谁 |
[39:22] | Some guys I knew in the neighborhood. | 几个我认识的小区居民 |
[39:24] | Names. | 名字 |
[39:25] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[39:26] | You can’t not know. | 你不可能不清楚 |
[39:28] | It’s what you’re here for. | 你来就是为了这事 |
[39:31] | I wanna show you something. | 我想给你看个东西 |
[39:38] | That’s my son | 那是我儿子 |
[39:40] | and his partner. | 和他的另一半 |
[39:42] | He thinks his old man is a good guy. | 他认为他的老爸是个好人 |
[39:47] | Which one’s your son? | 哪一个是你儿子 |
[39:55] | So do it for him. | 那就当是为他 |
[39:57] | Be a good guy. | 做个好人 |
[40:22] | Hi, Timmy. | 你好 蒂米 |
[40:24] | Paul Nelson. | 保罗·尼尔森 |
[40:26] | Your brother John’s friend. | 我是你哥约翰的朋友 |
[40:28] | Yeah. It’s been, like… ten years… | 是啊 有差不多十年没见了吧 |
[40:37] | Since your dad’s wake. | 你父亲过世后就没见过 |
[40:43] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[40:44] | He’s here giving you up, Timmy. | 他来这里告发你 蒂米 |
[40:45] | You’re goin’ down for the murder of Daniel Holtz in 1964. | 你被控于1964年谋杀了丹尼尔·霍尔茨 |
[40:50] | Paul… | 保罗 |
[40:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:51] | Paul, you can’t… No, you… | 保罗 你不能这样 别这样 |
[40:54] | You gotta tell’em what happened. | 你得把真实情况告诉他们 |
[40:55] | You gotta tell’em what you really saw. | 告诉他们你亲眼看到的事 |
[40:57] | It was self-defense. | 我那是自卫 |
[40:59] | You gonna lie or are you going to tell the truth? | 你是要说谎 还是说出真相 |
[41:02] | I’m gonna tell the truth, Timmy. | 我会说出真相 蒂米 |
[41:11] | Where do you come from, sweetheart? | 你从哪里来 亲爱的 |
[41:14] | You better start running. | 你最好快跑 |
[41:18] | Faggot. | 死基佬 |
[41:18] | Run, run, faggot. | 跑 快跑 基佬 |
[41:20] | Run, fancyboy | 快跑 小帅哥 |
[41:22] | Keep running. | 别停 |
[41:23] | Keep going. | 接着跑 |
[41:31] | What are you stopping for? | 你停下来干什么 |
[41:33] | What are you gonna do? | 你要干什么 |
[41:34] | Come here. | 过来 |
[41:35] | Queer. | 基佬 |
[41:36] | Coward. | 懦夫 |
[41:42] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[42:39] | 歌曲:”Turn! Turn! Turn!” 歌手:The Byrds |