时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Oh, Gail. | 盖尔 |
[00:21] | Hey, Larry. | 拉里 |
[00:22] | I was just doing my woodworking, needed a break. | 我刚做了些木工活 要歇会儿 |
[00:25] | I’m building a bridhouse for the tweeties on my balcony. | 我正在给阳台上的金丝雀筑巢 |
[00:29] | – You want a peek? – I’m in a rush. | -想看看吗 -我赶时间 |
[00:30] | Yeah, I’m going for a walk anyway. | 好吧 我正好要去散步 |
[00:33] | Enjoy it. | 好好散散 |
[00:35] | Hey, you wanna see one of the coolest spots in Philly? | 你想见识费城最棒的景致之一吗 |
[00:37] | It’s three blocks from here. I discovered it. | 这里过去三个街道就是 我刚发现 |
[00:40] | I’ve got a lot of reading to do. and Bruce is coming over. | 我还有好多书要看 而且布鲁斯要来 |
[00:42] | Good night, Larry. | 晚安 拉里 |
[00:52] | How’s “The Miller’s Tale” gonna help me in life? | 《米勒神话》能给我一生带来什么启示 |
[00:56] | Totally unreadable. | 完全不值一读 |
[00:57] | So drop the class. | 那就别上这门课 |
[01:01] | I’m going to med school anyway. | 反正我也准备上医学院 |
[01:08] | What? | 干什么 |
[01:10] | – I’m done studying. – I’m not. | -我看完了 -我还没呢 |
[01:12] | Yeah, you are. | 不 你看完了 |
[01:14] | Bruce, I have a seminar in the morning. | 布鲁斯 我早上还有节研讨课 |
[01:15] | It’s only summer school. | 只是暑期班而已 |
[01:18] | Skip it. | 别上了 |
[01:19] | What am I gonna have to do, kick you out of here? | 我该怎么做 对你下逐客令吗 |
[01:23] | I’m getting sick of that story, too. | 我也听烦了这一出 |
[02:03] | Came in this morning addressed to homicide. | 包裹今早寄来的 收件人是凶案组 |
[02:06] | I think it’s one of yours. | 其中有个应该是你的 |
[02:09] | “Number one. kitchen floor.” | “一号 厨房地板” |
[02:11] | “She had a useless cat who did nothing.” | “她养了只没用的猫 居然无动于衷” |
[02:14] | “number two. brunette. at least two useless cats.” | “二号 黑发 至少养了两只没用的猫” |
[02:18] | Ellen Curtis had two cats. | 艾伦·柯蒂斯养了两只猫 |
[02:20] | “three. this one died on me.” | “三号 这人压在我身上” |
[02:22] | “and her useless cat as watched.” | “而她的窝囊猫眼睁睁地看着” |
[02:25] | Oh… this bastard. | 这杂种 |
[02:27] | “i don’t like what I do, but I can’t go yet.” | 我不喜欢我的所作所为 可我还不能离开 |
[02:30] | “The days are still warm.” | “我仍怀念那些日子” |
[02:32] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[02:34] | Try to get prints off this? | 能从上面提取到指纹吗 |
[02:37] | This guy doesn’t leave prints. | 这家伙从不留下指纹 |
[02:39] | Where has he been for five years? | 他这五年都去哪里了 |
[02:41] | And why is he sending us this letter? | 还有 他为什么寄这封信给我们 |
[02:42] | He’s bragging. he’s telling us he’s back. | 他在炫耀 告诉我们他回来了 |
[02:45] | And that he’s gonna do it again. | 还说他会再次作案 |
[03:22] | Gail Chimayo. summer in ’98. | 盖尔·奇玛尤 死于98年夏天 |
[03:25] | Guy broke in through the window, | 凶手从窗口闯入 |
[03:27] | Raped her like all the others, but Gail he killed. | 强奸手法和其它几起一样 可盖尔被杀了 |
[03:30] | He got through those bars? | 他穿过了那些铁栏杆吗 |
[03:32] | Guy was some kind of spider. | 他有点像蜘蛛侠 |
[03:33] | He climb walls, get in tiny windows. | 他能爬墙 还能钻进狭小的窗户 |
[03:36] | – So he’s skinny. – He’s a contortionist. | -那他应该相当瘦 -他有伸缩功 |
[03:39] | Boss… | 老大… |
[03:40] | I don’t have the constitution to go after him again. | 根据规章 我不能再查这宗案子了 |
[03:44] | Why’d he kill Gail and not the others? | 他为什么杀盖尔 而放过了其他人 |
[03:46] | She fought back. | 她还手了 |
[03:47] | Any physical evidence? | 有物证吗 |
[03:48] | Just the DNA from his sperm, but we never found a match. | 只有凶手的精液留下的DNA 却从没能匹配上的 |
[03:51] | I got samples from everybody– | 我提取了所有人的样本 |
[03:52] | The neighbors, plumbers, handymen… nothing. | 邻居的 水管工的 杂务工的…都不匹配 |
[03:55] | It was like chasing a ghost. | 像是在追逐一个不存在的人 |
[03:56] | Boss, I can’t do this. | 老大 我受不了了 |
[03:57] | I’m not asking you to, Nick. | 尼克 我没让你跟进 |
[03:58] | This case became a health issue for me. | 这案子是我的心病 |
[04:00] | Didn’t you get any direction where to look? | 你有调查方向吗 |
[04:02] | He only struck when the weather was warm, so | 只有在天气暖和的时候 他才会行动 所以 |
[04:04] | I check out baseball teams, | 我查了各棒球队 |
[04:06] | exchange students coming in for the summer. | 上暑期班的交换生 |
[04:08] | – Circus. – Yeah? | -还有马戏团 -是吗 |
[04:09] | Yeah, yeah, I interviewed a damn clown. | 对 对 我还给一个小丑录了口供 |
[04:12] | Who was the top suspect? | 头号嫌犯是谁 |
[04:15] | Bruce Elridge. | 布鲁斯·艾尔里齐 |
[04:16] | – Gail’s boyfriend. – How come? | -盖尔的男友 -怎么回事 |
[04:18] | He gave a shady, hostile interview. | 他做笔录时充满敌意 很不配合 |
[04:20] | Refused to give his DNA, | 不肯提供DNA |
[04:21] | Had not one good alibi for any of the rapes. | 这几起强奸案 他都没有充分的不在场证明 |
[04:24] | Unfortunately, Vera’s under orders not to talk to him. | 不幸的是 维拉受令不得与他交谈 |
[04:28] | – That’s not official. – the D.A.’s office was very clear. | -没有官方批文 -地检官意思很明确 |
[04:30] | Nick, do not approach him again. | 尼克 不许再接近他 |
[04:32] | What did you do to him? | 你对他做了什么 |
[04:34] | I was on the case. | 我当时正在查案 |
[04:36] | He was a serious suspect. | 他很有嫌疑 |
[04:37] | He put him in the room four times. | 他把他关在审讯室里四次 |
[04:39] | What am I supposed to do, start all over again? | 我该怎么做 从头来过吗 |
[04:40] | – I’ll start it over. – Whoa, this is my job. | -我会从头来过 -这是我的案子 |
[04:43] | I’m not gonna get cut out of it. | 不会把我踢出去吧 |
[04:45] | Well, which one is it, Vera? You in or out? | 维拉 你到底想怎样 跟不跟 |
[04:47] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[04:47] | All right. Lil will read the case again. | 好吧 阿莉会重新看看卷宗 |
[04:50] | You wanna join her, okay. | 如果你想协助她 没问题 |
[04:51] | But I don’t want you going to Bruce without new direction. | 可没有新线索前 不许接近布鲁斯 |
[04:53] | We got the letter. | 我们收到了挑衅信 |
[04:54] | Connect him to the letter, Nick, you can go back. | 把他和那封信联系起来 尼克 你可以退远点 |
[04:57] | Not before. | 别自己上前去 |
[05:05] | You got an angle, how to do that? | 你有切入点 从哪里入手 |
[05:07] | Yeah, I got an angle. | 对 我有切入点 |
[05:18] | No. not you again. | 不是吧 你别来找我了 |
[05:19] | – Got some questions, Larry. – Forget it. | -拉里 有些问题想问你 -休想 |
[05:23] | You browbeat this guy, too? | 你连他也吓唬过吗 |
[05:24] | He’s a material witness. I talk to him sometimes. | 他是重要证人 我偶尔找他聊过两句 |
[05:33] | Larry, it’s Lily Rush. with homicide. | 拉里 我是莉莉·拉什 凶案组的 |
[05:38] | I need to talk to you about Gail. | 我想和你聊聊盖尔的事 |
[05:46] | I’ll talk to you. not him. | 我和你谈 不和他谈 |
[05:48] | Grow up. | 成熟点好吗 |
[05:50] | Open the door, Larry. | 拉里 开门 |
[05:52] | Detective Vera will take a little walk. | 维拉探员会去散散步 |
[06:03] | This guy’s sick, huh? | 这家伙真够变态的 |
[06:06] | Anything about it say Bruce Elridge to you? | 有没有迹象显示是布鲁斯·艾尔里齐干的 |
[06:10] | The smugness fits. | 都挺会装蒜 |
[06:13] | He was such a snob. he’d never even say hello. | 他挺招人烦的 见面从不问好 |
[06:17] | So you didn’t know him well. | 所以你不太了解他 |
[06:18] | Nah. | 不熟 |
[06:20] | You told 911 that you thought | 你告诉警方你当时以为 |
[06:22] | Gail and her boyfriend were having a fight next door. | 盖尔和她男友在隔壁打架 |
[06:25] | If I may speak. | 我插句嘴而已 |
[06:26] | I never saw anyone else go inside that apartment. | 我从没见过别人进过那屋 |
[06:30] | What was your relationship with Gail? | 你和盖尔关系怎么样 |
[06:33] | We’re good neighbors. | 我们是好邻居 |
[06:35] | Good friends. | 好朋友 |
[06:37] | Maybe something could have blossomed | 或许还会开出爱情过花朵 |
[06:39] | if the world is laid out differently. | 如果不是造化弄人的话 |
[06:41] | So now you’re flirting? you didn’t say that five years ago. | 你现在说你们调情了 五年前可没这么说 |
[06:44] | You asked about the 911 call, not my relationship with Gail. | 你问的是我报警的事 没问我和盖尔的关系 |
[06:47] | Did the noise from next door wake you, Larry? | 拉里 隔壁的声响是不是把你吵醒了 |
[06:50] | I was up, working. | 我当时醒着 在干活 |
[07:16] | Gail? | 盖尔 |
[07:21] | What’s going on in there? | 里面发生什么事了 |
[07:24] | It sounds like more than reading. | 听起来不像在读书 |
[07:34] | 911 911. | |
[07:35] | I’m at 1832 Sansom. | 我在桑森街1832号 |
[07:37] | I’m worried about my neighbor. | 我怕我邻居出事 |
[07:43] | That was heroic, making that call, Larry. | 拉里 你打那个电话 真勇敢 |
[07:49] | It was instinct. | 那是本能反应 |
[07:51] | Anyway, uh… | 不管怎样 |
[07:52] | The cops came, | 警察来了 |
[07:54] | Knocked, left. | 敲了敲门就走了 |
[07:57] | She was found dead the next day. | 她的尸体第二天才被发现 |
[07:59] | Cops can’t break down a door just | 警察不能只因某人有不祥的预感 |
[08:00] | because some guy senses something. | 就破门而入 |
[08:02] | I gave a DNA sample right off. | 我那时立马就给出了DNA样本 |
[08:04] | I’ll give another one if you like. | 如果需要的话 我还可以再给 |
[08:05] | That’s not necessary. | 没那必要 |
[08:07] | So back to Bruce. | 继续说布鲁斯 |
[08:08] | You seen him lately? | 你最近见过他吗 |
[08:09] | I did run into him a couple of months ago, | 我几个月前倒是碰见过他 |
[08:11] | up on the Temple campus. | 就在天普大学的校园里 |
[08:12] | He does experiments at med school. | 他在医学院做实验 |
[08:14] | Yeah, he was full of hot air | 对 他总是吹嘘 |
[08:16] | About some kind of sleep study he’s doing on cats. | 他在对猫做的某种睡眠研究 |
[08:22] | – Thank you. – Oh, yeah. | -谢谢配合 -应该的 |
[08:26] | So maybe we should check that out. | 或许我们该顺藤摸瓜 |
[08:35] | How’d you find out about his research? | 你怎么会发现他的研究 |
[08:37] | I track this guy. | 我追踪这家伙 |
[08:38] | I knew it was animals, but I always figured it was lab rats. | 我知道是动物研究 但我想实验室一般都是用老鼠 |
[08:40] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[08:50] | You can’t talk to me. | 你不能和我说话 |
[08:51] | That letter you wrote gave me new cause. | 你写的那封信给了我新的理由 |
[08:53] | Your pal here made my life miserable five years ago. | 你这位朋友五年前把我整惨了 |
[08:55] | You could have ended it at anytime by giving a DNA sample. | 你给个DNA样本 早就完事了 |
[08:57] | Let’s not have that conversation again. | 别再讨论这个话题了 |
[08:59] | Bruce, | 布鲁斯 |
[09:01] | I’m the one who wanted to talk to you. | 是我想找你谈 |
[09:03] | And who are you? | 你又是谁 |
[09:04] | Detective Rush. I’m looking back into Gail’s murder. | 我是拉什探员 我正在重查盖尔的案子 |
[09:10] | I was wondering about the animal research you do. | 我对你做的动物实验很好奇 |
[09:12] | What about it? | 你想知道什么 |
[09:14] | We’re talking cats, right? | 猫是实验对象吧 |
[09:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:16] | And I don’t feel guilty about it | 而我并不感到愧疚 |
[09:18] | if that’s your next question. | 如果你要追问这点的话 |
[09:19] | – Do you kill those cats? -If need be. if a person’s got cancer | -你杀猫吗 -有需要就杀 如果有人得了癌症 |
[09:22] | I’m not gonna worry about testing on some useless animal. | 我不介意拿几只没用的猫做实验 |
[09:25] | Why are they useless? | 他们为什么没用 |
[09:27] | They’re sub-human. | 他们比人类低等 |
[09:29] | – Small brains. – Like women. | -小脑袋 -像女人吗 |
[09:31] | Women have a use. | 女人有用 |
[09:33] | Bruce, why not make this easy? | 布鲁斯 我们何不把事情搞简单点 |
[09:35] | Volunteer your DNA. | 把你的DNA提供出来 |
[09:36] | Fourth Amendment says I got a right to privacy. | 《宪法第四号修正案》上说我有隐私权 |
[09:38] | Don’t you wanna be ruled out as a suspect? | 难道你不想被排除嫌疑吗 |
[09:40] | On the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[09:42] | I don’t want desperate detectives | 如果我的DNA和盖尔床单上的精子吻合 |
[09:44] | to act like it’s a discovery. | 我不希望让急功近利的探员 |
[09:45] | If they match my DNA to semen that was on Gail’s sheets. | 弄得好像要寻宝一样 |
[09:48] | I was her boyfriend. | 我是她男友 |
[09:49] | We were very active, | 我们很有激情 |
[09:51] | If you get me. | 如果你懂我的意思 |
[09:52] | I’m sure my DNA’s all over that place. | 我肯定那里到处都是我的DNA |
[09:56] | I see. | 我懂 |
[09:56] | I don’t need a witch hunt | 我不想遭到”政治迫害” |
[09:58] | Just ’cause you couldn’t solve this thing. | 只因为你们破不了案 |
[10:03] | Vera. | 维拉 |
[10:08] | What is it about this job? | 这宗案子有什么问题 |
[10:09] | You yap on all the time about the other cases. | 你总对其它案子喋喋不休 |
[10:11] | Why not this one? | 对这案子反倒不吭声了 |
[10:13] | This one did things to me. | 这宗案子给我留下了阴影 |
[10:14] | Like what? | 说说看 |
[10:16] | You ever work a job makes you feel helpless? | 你有没有对一宗案子束手无策过 |
[10:19] | Yeah, I can always find motive, direction, but… | 我总能发现作案动机和调查方向 可… |
[10:22] | That piece of crap, he stops. | 调查到那杂种 就断了 |
[10:24] | Leaves me with nothing. | 竹篮打水一场空 |
[10:26] | I start second guessing everything, you know? | 我又开始加以揣测 |
[10:28] | Maybe I’m not the bad ass I think I am. | 或许我没我想得那么混账 |
[10:33] | – I want this guy. – So do I. | -我想查这人 -我也想 |
[10:35] | We can get him. | 我们可以拿下他 |
[10:36] | But I need you, Vera. | 可我需要你 维拉 |
[10:37] | You know him better than anyone. | 你比任何人都了解他 |
[10:49] | If he’s following his M.O., | 如果他作案手法不变 |
[10:52] | He’s already hunting… | 他已经在搜寻猎物了… |
[10:54] | Stalking someone right now following her home. | 这时候正在尾随某人回家 |
[10:59] | Let’s hope she’s got her windows locked. | 希望她家窗户锁好了 |
[11:08] | I should have noticed that they all had cats. | 我早该注意到受害人都养猫 |
[11:11] | It didn’t mean anything till we got the letter. | 我们收到信之前这都没意义 |
[11:15] | It’s a list of parolees who were locked | 这是张假释犯清单 |
[11:17] | up the last five years just got out. | 都被关了五年刚刑满释放 |
[11:19] | One guy fits the time line, but he weights 300 pounds. | 有个人时间线吻合 可他重达300磅 |
[11:23] | Since when? | 什么时候起 |
[11:25] | His whole life. it ain’t him. | 他就没瘦过 不是他 |
[11:28] | – It’s worth the try. – Yeah. | -没白查 -对 |
[11:31] | Well, how did you do today? | 今天进展如何 |
[11:32] | Found out Bruce Elridge tortures cats for a living. | 发现布鲁斯·艾尔里齐靠虐猫为生 |
[11:36] | Does he? | 是吗 |
[11:37] | Talks about useless animals and won’t give up his DNA. | 他说动物没用 也不肯提供他的DNA |
[11:41] | I gotta go sit on him. | 我得去盯着他 |
[11:43] | Make sure he doesn’t climb through anybody’s window tonight. | 确保今晚不会爬进任何人的窗户 |
[11:46] | I got new addresses on the first two victims. | 我查到了头两个受害者的新地址 |
[11:48] | They’ve both moved. | 她们都搬家了 |
[11:50] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[11:51] | I’ll wait till tomorrow. | 我得等明天 |
[11:53] | I don’t want you going to these girls | 我不想你半夜去找那些女孩 |
[11:55] | at midnight ask about their rape. | 问她们这种事 |
[11:57] | Yeah. | 有道理 |
[11:59] | Tomorrow. | 那就明天 |
[12:02] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[12:25] | My dad told me why you’re here. | 我爸告诉了我你的来意 |
[12:28] | Can I come in? | 能进去吗 |
[12:29] | No, I’d rather… I’d rather talk about it here. | 不行 还是在这里谈吧 |
[12:33] | We think he’s back, Ellen. | 艾伦 我们认为他回来了 |
[12:37] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[12:39] | Can I show you a picture? | 能认一下照片吗 |
[12:45] | A detective showed me that five years ago. | 五年前已经有探员让我认过了 |
[12:47] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:48] | Just look again. | 再确认一下 |
[12:51] | Could this be the guy who attacked you? | 这人是不是袭击你的那个 |
[12:53] | I couldn’t say. | 我无法辨认 |
[12:55] | I never saw him. | 我从没见过他 |
[12:58] | Did his voice sound like anyone you know? | 他声音耳熟吗 |
[13:00] | I told the first detective no. | 我告诉过第一个探员 没听过 |
[13:02] | I don’t think so. | 应该不认识 |
[13:04] | You said at the time you were certain it was a stranger. | 你那时说肯定是个陌生人 |
[13:10] | Right. | 对 |
[13:11] | You got a different feeling about that now? | 现在觉得呢 |
[13:15] | It’s okay if you do. | 认识也没关系 |
[13:20] | No. | 不 |
[13:24] | No, I don’t know him. | 不 我不认识他 |
[13:27] | I really can’t… I really can’t tell you anything. | 我真的没法再提供信息了 |
[13:31] | The lead detective on this case is female, Ellen. | 艾伦 负责这案子的探员是女的 |
[13:35] | Would you be more comfortable talking to her? | 你和她聊聊会不会好点 |
[13:38] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[13:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:41] | I gotta go to work, but, um… | 我得去上班了 但… |
[13:44] | I’m home every day by 6:00. | 我每天六点前到家 |
[13:46] | All right. | 好的 |
[14:30] | Could be him. | 可能是他 |
[14:32] | Could be yo yo ma. | 可能是任何人 |
[14:34] | I didn’t see crap. | 我什么都没看到 |
[14:35] | He covered your eyes right away. | 他立马把你的眼睛遮住了 |
[14:38] | I’m in my kitchen… | 我在厨房… |
[14:39] | All of a sudden there’s a towel over my face. | 瞬间就被一条毛巾给遮住了脸 |
[14:42] | Guy whispers that he’s real sorry… rapes me right there… | 他小声说他很抱歉…在那里强奸了我 |
[14:48] | And then stays for an hour, talking to me. | 然后待了一小时 和我说话 |
[14:54] | I’m always nervous on first dates. | 头一次约会我总是很紧张 |
[14:56] | But we did okay, didn’t we? | 可我们进展顺利 不是吗 |
[14:59] | You were playing such a sad song before. | 你以前演奏过这样的悲曲 |
[15:02] | You wanna play it for me? | 想为我弹奏一曲吗 |
[15:05] | I don’t think so. | 不想 |
[15:07] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[15:13] | Those bars on your windows are no good, honey. | 你窗户上的栅栏不严实 亲爱的 |
[15:16] | They’re too far apart. | 间距太大 |
[15:19] | You gotta be more careful. | 你得多加小心 |
[15:25] | You know what he said to me right before he left? | 知道他走前说了句什么吗 |
[15:30] | “wish that we had met under different circumstances.” | “真希望我们能换种相遇的方式” |
[15:35] | I’m sorry, Niki. | 很遗憾 尼基 |
[15:37] | I just hope you finally get the guy. | 我只希望你们能抓住他 |
[15:44] | I don’t wanna make you uncomportable, but, um… | 我不想让你感到不舒服 可… |
[15:48] | You were obviously in close contact with him. | 显然你和他有过近距离接触 |
[15:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:53] | He touched you. you must have touched him. | 他碰过你 你一定也碰过他 |
[15:56] | Was there anything that you felt that was distinctive? | 他有什么明显特征吗 |
[16:01] | Scars? moles? | 有伤疤吗 痣呢 |
[16:05] | This is kind of weird… | 有点别扭… |
[16:07] | That’s okay. | 没事的 |
[16:09] | I did touch him. I didn’t do it to be intimate… | 我的确碰过他 不是为了和他亲热… |
[16:12] | Of course not. | 那是当然 |
[16:14] | I was trying to get him off me. | 我当时想把他弄下来 |
[16:19] | And you noticed something. | 然后你有所发现 |
[16:24] | Smooth skin. | 皮肤很光滑 |
[16:26] | Legs, arms, everything. | 腿 手臂 全身都很光滑 |
[16:30] | Soft and smooth like a woman’s. | 像女人的皮肤一样柔嫩光洁 |
[16:39] | Excuse me a second, Niki. | 等我一下 尼基 |
[16:44] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[16:46] | Bruce Elridge’s coffee cup. | 布鲁斯·艾尔里齐的咖啡杯 |
[16:48] | You stole his coffee? | 你偷了他的咖啡 |
[16:49] | He abandoned it in a public place. | 他在公众场合扔下的 |
[16:51] | Now we got his precious DNA. | 现在我们得到了他宝贵的DNA |
[16:58] | According to Niki Lamas, | 据尼基·拉马斯所述 |
[16:59] | We’re looking at a guy with super smooth skin. | 我们要找一位皮肤极其光滑的男人 |
[17:02] | That’s new. | 这是新线索 |
[17:03] | Maybe he shaves his body before he attacks. | 可能他动手前会先把皮肤刮干净 |
[17:06] | No hair ever found at the scenes. | 犯罪现场没发现过毛发 |
[17:08] | Anything from Ellen Curtis? | 艾伦·柯蒂斯那边有进展吗 |
[17:09] | Jeffries got the sense she knew something. | 杰弗里斯感觉她有事隐瞒 |
[17:12] | I’ll go back to her today. | 我今天会去找她 |
[17:13] | And how’s our boy Vera doing? | 维拉表现怎样 |
[17:15] | He’s… passionate. | 他很有激情 |
[17:19] | That passion almost compromised this case five years ago. | 那份激情五年前差点毁了这案子 |
[17:22] | I’m watching, boss. | 我盯着呢 老大 |
[17:27] | I hate to rat a guy out, | 我讨厌打小报告 |
[17:28] | But Vera just walked in with Bruce Elridge. | 可维拉刚带着布鲁斯·艾尔里齐进来 |
[17:31] | 我不能坐视不管… -我去 | |
[17:34] | You’ll want to look at this first. | 你们得先看看这个 |
[17:40] | This isn’t gonna help. | 这报告也帮不上忙 |
[17:45] | You can’t keep me here. | 你不能把我关在这里 |
[17:47] | I can keep you here for six hours. | 我可以把你关上6小时 |
[17:50] | So what’s with the animal experiments? | 动物实验是怎么回事 |
[17:54] | What are you, an activist? | 你是激进分子吗 |
[17:56] | Lot of killers start off torturing animals. | 很多凶手都是从虐动物开始的 |
[17:58] | But smart guy like you… know something about that. | 可像你这样的聪明人…应该对此略知一二 |
[18:02] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[18:03] | Is that you, Bruce, hmm? | 是你吗 布鲁斯 |
[18:07] | Did you go from cats to women with your viciousness? | 你的残暴从猫身上转移到女人了吗 |
[18:10] | That’s a leap. | 那跨度可够大的 |
[18:12] | You slip into their apartments | 你仗着你那瘦不拉几的骨架 |
[18:13] | with that wimp-boy frame of yours. | 溜进她们房里 |
[18:15] | You terrorize them and you pretend you’re on a date? | 你吓唬她们 然后还装作你们在约会 |
[18:17] | I’ve got a girlfriend. we’re very, very happy. | 我有女友 我们很幸福 |
[18:20] | Maybe you didn’t mean to kill Gail. | 可能你没想杀盖尔 |
[18:22] | Just rape her like the others. | 只想像强奸别人一样强奸她 |
[18:23] | I didn’t do anything to her, | 我没对她下毒手 |
[18:24] | so why don’t you stop acting like a thug? | 你能不表现得跟个暴徒似的吗 |
[18:27] | What’d you just call me, you little rube? | 你刚叫我什么 小乡巴佬 |
[18:28] | Say it again, come on! | 再说一遍 快 |
[18:30] | Say it again. | 再说一遍 |
[18:31] | Say it again! | 再说一遍 |
[18:32] | Vera… | 维拉… |
[18:33] | Looks like Bruce here thinks I’m wasting his time. | 布鲁斯觉得我在浪费他时间 |
[18:35] | Come out here. | 出来 |
[18:36] | – Bruce has better things to do… – Vera! | -布鲁斯有更重要的事要做… -维拉 |
[18:40] | We got the DNA back. | DNA结果出来了 |
[18:45] | It’s a negative match. | 不匹配 |
[18:48] | You bunch of thugs! | 一群暴徒 |
[18:57] | Bruce… what the hell’s wrong with you? | 布鲁斯 你搞什么鬼 |
[19:00] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思 |
[19:01] | – You knew we wouldn’t match your DNA. – So? | -你知道DNA不会吻合 -那又怎样 |
[19:03] | So why not give a sample five years ago | 那你为什么不在五年前给出样本 |
[19:05] | like a normal person? | 那才像话 |
[19:06] | I got a right to privacy. | 我有隐私权 |
[19:07] | How’s giving a swab of spit invading your privacy? | 吐个口水怎么会侵犯到你的隐私 |
[19:10] | A guy’s got a right to have sex with his own girlfriend. | 男人有权和自己的女友做爱 |
[19:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:18] | You weren’t having sex with her. | 你没和她做爱 |
[19:21] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[19:22] | You didn’t want us to not find your DNA. | 你不想让我们找不到你的DNA |
[19:25] | It wasn’t anywhere in that apartment, | 你的DNA并非随处可见 |
[19:26] | ’cause she was shutting you down. | 因为她没让你得逞 |
[19:30] | We went out for seven months. | 我们好了7个月 |
[19:32] | And by that time a guy’s got a right. | 那么长时间 的确有权和她那个了 |
[19:36] | You think I wanted all those macho cops, all my friends, | 你以为我想让那些大男子主义的警察和我所有朋友 |
[19:39] | Knowing I was putting up with such a prude? | 知道我一直在和那个假正经相处吗 |
[19:40] | Hey, Bruce… this ain’t high school. | 布鲁斯 这不是高中 |
[19:43] | This case died five years ago | 这宗案子五年前成了悬案 |
[19:45] | and you could have helped us bring it in. | 而你本可以帮我们破案 |
[19:46] | And you coming off to your pals like some big stud | 而你在朋友面前吹嘘自己的能耐 |
[19:49] | Isn’t more important than a girl dying. | 不比一个女孩的死要紧 |
[19:58] | My partner got the sense | 我搭档感觉 |
[20:00] | you knew we were on the wrong trail. | 你知道我们跟错了线索 |
[20:03] | How would I know that? | 我怎么会知道 |
[20:06] | Maybe you saw the guy. | 或许你见过那人 |
[20:08] | No. | 没 |
[20:11] | Maybe… you knew the guy? | 或许…你认识那人 |
[20:18] | I really try not to think about this. | 我很努力不去想这事 |
[20:20] | That’s understandable. | 可以理解 |
[20:21] | But he contacted us. | 可他主动联系了我们 |
[20:23] | Let us know he’s gonna do it again. | 告知我们他要再次作案 |
[20:26] | I can’t worry about that. | 那不是我担心的范畴 |
[20:28] | If you could describe him… | 如果你可以描述他的模样… |
[20:29] | – I can’t. – I know that’s what | -我不行 -我知道这些年来 |
[20:30] | you’ve been saying for all these years. | 你一直没改过口 |
[20:32] | But maybe it’s because it’s too painful. | 但可能是因为回忆太痛苦 |
[20:37] | Ellen, I’m just scared it’s gonna happen again. | 艾伦 我只怕悲剧又重演 |
[20:47] | I never used to be scared of anything. | 我过去从没害怕过任何事 |
[20:50] | No? | 是吗 |
[20:51] | Now I live with my parents. | 现在我和父母同住 |
[20:55] | I’m terrified if I’m not home before dark. | 我如果天黑前没到家 就会惊慌失措 |
[20:59] | You had a life before. | 你曾经过着平静的生活 |
[21:03] | You just want it back. | 只想回到过去 |
[21:05] | I don’t think that’s in the cards. | 可能没希望了 |
[21:06] | I do. | 我有信心 |
[21:08] | But you have to start by telling me what you saw that night. | 可你得先告诉我那晚见到了什么 |
[21:13] | It might not be relevant. | 可能关联不大 |
[21:19] | I was at the free library, outside buying a coffee | 我在公共图书馆外面买咖啡 |
[21:23] | And this, um… this guy started talking to me about books | 这人跑来和我聊书 |
[21:29] | And I can’t even remember what else. | 其它我记不得了 |
[21:31] | But it was only for, like, a few minutes… | 可只聊了几分钟… |
[21:34] | And then I went home. | 我就回家了 |
[21:37] | And that was it. | 就是这样 |
[21:40] | Did you get his name? | 知道他叫什么吗 |
[21:45] | Then the rape happened that night… | 然后那晚我就被强暴了… |
[21:57] | Olive? | 奥利弗 |
[21:58] | Edie? | 伊迪 |
[22:02] | Hey, kitty, kitty, kitty. | 猫咪 猫咪 猫咪 |
[22:05] | You scared me. | 你们吓到我了 |
[22:12] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[22:15] | First dates are hard. | 初次约会很难 |
[22:17] | Especially with serious girls like you. | 尤其是和你这样端庄的女孩 |
[22:20] | I just wish we could met under different circumstances. | 真希望我们能换种相遇的方式 |
[22:26] | It was so quick. | 一切发生得太快 |
[22:28] | It was like a flashbulb. | 就像闪光灯一闪 |
[22:30] | And I, uh… I could be wrong, but… | 而且我可能搞错了 可… |
[22:35] | The face I keep seeing is the guy from the library. | 我不断看到的脸就是图书馆那人 |
[22:45] | Um… dark hair… | 黑头发 |
[22:50] | Kind of shaggy. | 有点蓬松 |
[22:54] | Smooth skin. | 皮肤光洁 |
[22:58] | This is gonna help us a lot. | 这对我们很有帮助 |
[23:00] | I’m sorry I didn’t do it earlier. | 抱歉我没早点告诉你们 |
[23:02] | You weren’t ready earlier. | 你早前没准备好 |
[23:06] | I should have told that first detective. | 我该告诉第一个探员的 |
[23:10] | I was worried he’d think that since I’d talked to the guy… | 我担心他会觉得因为我和那人聊过… |
[23:16] | I’d let him on. | 就以为是我勾引他 |
[23:19] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[23:21] | Detective Vera only looks like a neanderthal. | 维拉探员只是长得像穴居人 |
[23:30] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[23:35] | What? | 什么事 |
[23:37] | Sex crimes got an assault, 9th and Lombard. | 性犯罪案组接到报案 在第九街和伦巴第街交汇处 |
[23:41] | Same M.O.? | 同样的作案手法吗 |
[23:44] | Crawled through the second floor window. | 从二楼窗户爬进去的 |
[23:49] | Our boy is back. | 凶手回来了 |
[24:13] | Must’ve shinned up the drain pipe, | 一定是先顺着排水管往上爬 |
[24:16] | Climbed cross the walls, | 爬过墙 |
[24:18] | Slipped in through the bars. | 钻过栏杆溜了进去 |
[24:20] | Now, that’s determination. | 想必是这样 |
[24:21] | Are there prints on the bars? | 栏杆上有指纹吗 |
[24:23] | Of course not. | 当然没 |
[24:24] | Ah, but he did leave a token behind. | 可他留了个记号 |
[24:26] | Kenfield, filter. | 肯菲尔德牌滤嘴 |
[24:28] | Left it right at the bedside. | 就留在了床边 |
[24:33] | This the victim? | 这是受害者吗 |
[24:34] | Yeah. sex crimes took her to the hopital. | 对 性犯罪案组带她了医院 |
[24:37] | They know you want talk to her, though. | 但他们知道你想和她谈谈 |
[24:40] | We doing this together? | 一起去吗 |
[24:42] | Yeah. | 好 |
[24:46] | Please. | 求你了 |
[25:01] | Maybe I should have fought or something. | 或许我该反抗什么的 |
[25:05] | There’s no “should”, Tanya. | 没什么该不该的 塔尼亚 |
[25:07] | Does, uh… this look like him? | 这张图像他吗 |
[25:11] | He covered my eyes so quickly. | 他很快就蒙上了我的双眼 |
[25:14] | Did he speak to you? | 他和你说话了吗 |
[25:15] | Yeah. | 说了 |
[25:16] | Afterwards, he talked a lot. he talked about art and books. | 事后他说了很多 关于艺术和书籍 |
[25:22] | I’m in grad school for art history, but I don’t… | 我在读艺术史研究生 可我不… |
[25:24] | I don’t know how he knew that. | 不知道他怎么知道的 |
[25:27] | – Did you recognize his voice? – No. | -他的声音耳熟吗 -不熟 |
[25:30] | He was a stranger. | 我不认识他 |
[25:32] | You study art history? | 你研究艺术史吗 |
[25:34] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:36] | Been to any museums lately? | 最近有没有去过博物馆 |
[25:38] | Um… I was at the Rodin a few days ago. | 几天前去过罗丹美术馆 |
[25:45] | Did you notice anything about this skin? | 注意过他的皮肤吗 |
[25:47] | It was… smooth. you know, like… hairless. | 很光滑…像是没毛发 |
[25:54] | No hair at all? | 一点也没吗 |
[25:56] | Didn’t seem like it. | 像是 |
[26:01] | Do you know what he told me before he left? | 知道他走前告诉我什么吗 |
[26:05] | That he wished that we had met under… | 他希望我们… |
[26:07] | Under different circumstances. | 能换种相遇的方式 |
[26:10] | And that he was sorry. | 还有他很抱歉 |
[26:19] | Does this guy stalk girls on Ben Franklin Parkway? | 这家伙在本·富兰克林林荫道跟踪女孩吗 |
[26:23] | Gail worked at the museum of art. | 盖尔在美术馆工作 |
[26:25] | Ellen was at the free library the day she was attacked. | 艾伦被强暴那天在公共图书馆 |
[26:27] | And Tanya went to the Rodin last week. | 塔尼亚上周去了罗丹美术馆 |
[26:31] | Niki was on Locust. | 尼基在洛卡斯特 |
[26:32] | Leaving the academy of music. | 正离开音乐学院 |
[26:35] | Maybe he targets smart girls. | 或许他的目标只是聪明女孩 |
[26:39] | All the victims were college types. | 所有受害者都是大学生 |
[26:41] | “serious girls.” he said it to Ellen. | “端庄的女孩” 他对艾伦说过 |
[26:44] | Let’s post this composite all over the Parkway. | 我们把这贴满林荫道吧 |
[26:46] | I got it. | 我去吧 |
[26:48] | I interviewed a woman that worked | 我给盖尔在美术馆的一位同事 |
[26:51] | with Gail at the art museum. | 做过笔录 |
[26:52] | Anna… | 叫安娜… |
[26:54] | Anna… Berlin. | 安娜·波琳 |
[26:57] | They had lunch together the day of the murder. | 案发当晚她们一起吃了午饭 |
[27:01] | We have this now. | 现在我们有了画像 |
[27:02] | Let’s see if she knows our new friends. | 看看她认不认识我们的新朋友 |
[27:10] | Is this who killed Gail? | 是他杀了盖尔吗 |
[27:12] | Could be. | 可能是 |
[27:13] | Do you recognize him at all? | 你认出他是谁了吗 |
[27:15] | I don’t think so. | 不认识 |
[27:17] | Take your time. | 慢慢想 |
[27:20] | I can’t be sure, but… | 我不肯定 但… |
[27:23] | But what? | 怎么了 |
[27:26] | It sort of looks like a guy we’d see out here at lunchtime. | 像是我们在这里吃午饭时见过的一个人 |
[27:30] | You and Gail saw him? | 你和盖尔见过他吗 |
[27:32] | He’d hang out here, smoking, watching people. | 他在这里出没 边抽烟 边观察行人 |
[27:35] | I kind of forgot about him. | 我都快把他给忘了 |
[27:37] | He hasn’t been around for years, | 他好几年没来了 |
[27:39] | But he’s been back lately. | 可他最近又回来了 |
[27:42] | – Ever get a name? – No. | -问过他名字吗 -没 |
[27:44] | We only talked to him once. | 我们只聊过一次 |
[27:50] | How’s the pre-med student? | 那个医学院预科生怎么样 |
[27:52] | Arrogant. pushy. | 傲慢 固执 |
[27:54] | In other words, the same. | 换句话说 天下乌鸦一般黑 |
[27:56] | I know, I have bad taste in men. | 我对男人的品味不高 |
[27:58] | You ladies work here? | 两位在这里工作吗 |
[28:00] | Yeah. | 对 |
[28:01] | How’s the new exhibit? | 新的展品怎么样 |
[28:02] | The Monet? it’s beautiful. I recommend it. | 莫奈的作品吗 很漂亮 推荐你去看 |
[28:05] | Maybe I’ll take a look. | 或许我会去看看 |
[28:09] | See you in there. | 到时见 |
[28:18] | I didn’t think to mention it to you back then. | 那时候我觉得没必要向你提这些 |
[28:21] | People are always aksing questions. | 人们总会问些问题 |
[28:24] | Do you think he may have been watching Gail? | 你觉得他一直在观察盖尔吗 |
[28:27] | He wasn’t there for the art. | 他不是冲着美术作品去的 |
[28:35] | Got something. | 有发现 |
[28:36] | Girl was with a friend and her mom on Ben Franklin Parkway. | 小女孩正和朋友和她妈在本·富兰克林林荫道 |
[28:39] | Saw your composite. | 看到你贴的嫌疑人画像 |
[28:42] | This is Lily. she’s a police officer, too. | 这位是莉莉 她也是警官 |
[28:45] | Tell her what you told me. | 把你对我说的告诉她 |
[28:47] | That’s Carl. | 那是卡尔 |
[28:50] | My mommy’s boyfriend. | 我妈的男友 |
[29:00] | What do you got? | 查到了什么 |
[29:01] | Carl Heeley, grew up in a trailer park in Trenton, | 卡尔·希里 在特伦顿一个活动屋长大 |
[29:03] | moved up Philly at 18, | 18岁搬到费城 |
[29:04] | Worked as a security guard in the | 92年至98年间 |
[29:06] | Franklin Institute from ’92 to ’98. | 在富兰克林学院做保安 |
[29:08] | – Across from the free library. – Yeah. | -就在公共图书馆对面 -对 |
[29:09] | And the last five years, he was at an army base in Portland. | 而且这五年 他在波特兰的军事基地 |
[29:13] | Just got back to town. | 刚回来 |
[29:14] | How’d he behave in Oregon? | 他在俄勒冈表现怎样 |
[29:15] | Dishonorably discharged six weeks ago. | 六周前被勒令开除 |
[29:17] | Breaking into a female officer’s room. | 原因是闯入女军官的房间 |
[29:19] | Through the window. | 从窗户闯入 |
[29:20] | She was trained in combat though, unlike our girls. | 但她训练有素 不同于那些受害者 |
[29:23] | She fought him, ID’d him, and they sent him packing. | 她还击并查明了他的身份 他们就让他走人了 |
[29:26] | Military will have blood types. | 军队会保存血型资料 |
[29:27] | We’re getting a subpoena right now. | 我们得马上弄张传票 |
[29:29] | Pick up this soldier. | 把这名士兵找来 |
[29:38] | What’s this about? | 什么事 |
[29:40] | A woman was raped in old city last night. | 昨晚一名女子在旧城区被强暴了 |
[29:42] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 真遗憾 |
[29:44] | Where were you last night, Carl? | 卡尔 你昨晚在哪里 |
[29:46] | At home. reading. | 在家看书 |
[29:48] | Can anyone verify that? | 有人能证明吗 |
[29:50] | My girlfriend and her daughter. | 我女友和她女儿 |
[29:52] | You a big reader, Carl? | 你涉猎甚广吗 卡尔 |
[29:54] | You could say. | 可以这么说 |
[29:55] | You lived in the area five years ago when three women were raped. | 你五年前住这儿的时候3名女子被强奸 |
[29:59] | Do you remember anything about that? | 有印象吗 |
[30:00] | Not really. | 印象不深 |
[30:02] | But you heard about it, right? | 可你有所耳闻 对吗 |
[30:04] | Yeah, I think I remember something about it, | 对 多少有点印象 |
[30:07] | but that was a lot of time ago. | 可都过了那么久了 |
[30:11] | This looks a lot like you, don’t you think? | 这跟你很像 不觉得吗 |
[30:14] | Sort of. | 有点 |
[30:17] | Can you arrest a man for looking like a drawing? | 你会因为和画像长得像就抓人吗 |
[30:19] | We’re asking guys who look like | 我们要求和这画像相似的人 |
[30:20] | this picture to take a DNA test. | 做DNA测试 |
[30:21] | Would you do that? | 你愿意吗 |
[30:24] | I’m sorry. I prefer not to. | 抱歉 还是算了 |
[30:29] | Look, I’d love to help you out, | 我很乐意协助调查 |
[30:31] | but I gotta get back new job and all. | 可我得回到我新的工作岗位了 |
[30:33] | So, is there anything else? | 还有其它事吗 |
[30:36] | No. | 没了 |
[30:48] | Crap. | 妈的 |
[30:51] | It was a Kenfield filter. | 那滤嘴是肯菲尔德牌的 |
[31:01] | Carl and I used to date, so… | 卡尔和我以前约会过 所以… |
[31:05] | Well, you lived together, | 你们同居过 |
[31:06] | that’s a bit different than dating, isn’t it? | 那和约会还是有点区别的 不是吗 |
[31:08] | Cait, honey, take dolly and play in the room, okay? | 凯特 宝贝 带上娃娃去屋里玩好吗 |
[31:14] | We lived together five years ago. we broke up when he moved. | 我们五年前同居 他搬走时我们就分手了 |
[31:17] | If you broke up, how’d you get this army picture? | 如果你们分手了 你怎么还会有他的军服照 |
[31:24] | We kept in touch. | 我们一直保持着联系 |
[31:25] | Caitlin says that Carl’s still your boyfriend. | 凯特琳说卡尔还是你男友 |
[31:28] | That he’s been around the apartment a lot. | 说他还常出没这里 |
[31:30] | Yeah, well… maybe I never got over him. | 是…或许我从没对他死心 |
[31:33] | Do you remember those rapes five years ago? | 还记得五年前的几起强奸案吗 |
[31:36] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[31:37] | Do you remember that a girl was murdered? | 还记得有个女孩被杀了吗 |
[31:41] | What, you trying to say that was Carl? | 你们想说是卡尔干的吗 |
[31:44] | This is the guy. | 是这个人 |
[31:45] | You tell me, bridget. | 你来告诉我 布里奇特 |
[31:51] | Carl is a good person. | 卡尔是个好人 |
[31:53] | He is. | 真的 |
[31:55] | He is. just should see him with Caitlin and animals. | 真的 看看他和凯特琳还有小动物一起的样子 |
[31:59] | Down at that shelter you work at? | 在你工作的收容所里吗 |
[32:00] | Yeah. he helps out sometimes. | 对 他有时去帮忙 |
[32:03] | You got any pets here? | 你这里有宠物吗 |
[32:04] | No, no. | 没有 |
[32:05] | Carl always says that dogs are for families | 卡尔总说一家人养狗 |
[32:07] | and cats are for single girls. | 单身女孩养猫 |
[32:10] | – Carl says that, huh? – Yeah, we joke about it. | -卡尔的原话吗 -我们拿这个开玩笑 |
[32:13] | You know, cats and book clubs, | 猫咪和读书俱乐部 |
[32:15] | Two sure signs that a woman’s all alone in the world. | 世上单身女性的两个明确标识 |
[32:18] | I’m guessing you wouldn’t be caught dead at a book club. | 我猜你不会被发现死在读书俱乐部里 |
[32:23] | I noticed your Shakespeare collection over there. | 我注意到你那里放着莎士比亚珍藏 |
[32:25] | Yeah, Carl got that at a garage sale. | 对 卡尔在人家门前买的旧货 |
[32:29] | You guys read the tragedies together? | 你们俩一起读的这些悲剧吗 |
[32:31] | He looks at’em sometimes. I don’t like books. | 他有时会读 我不爱读书 |
[32:36] | Maybe that’s why he took off five years ago. | 可能他就是因这点才在五年前离开你 |
[32:39] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:42] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[32:43] | No, what? | 别这样 说 |
[32:45] | We talked to Carl earlier today and he just wasn’t, uh… | 我们今天找卡尔聊过 他… |
[32:48] | Very complimentary about your… brain power. | 觉得你脑子不太够用 |
[32:58] | That’s mean. | 真过分 |
[32:59] | I thought so. | 我也觉得 |
[33:03] | Was he with you last night? | 他昨晚和你在一起吗 |
[33:06] | Yeah, he was here. | 对 他在这里 |
[33:08] | He go out after? | 后来出门了吗 |
[33:09] | He went out for a walk, late. | 他晚间出门散步了 |
[33:11] | ’cause there was another rape last night. | 因为昨晚发生了另一起强奸案 |
[33:13] | Another woman who lives alone, with a cat. | 另一个单身女性 还养着猫 |
[33:18] | Carl take a lot of walks? | 卡尔经常散步吗 |
[33:20] | Yeah. he has trouble sleeping. | 对 他睡不着 |
[33:24] | He always did. | 他总失眠 |
[33:40] | Honey… what’s wrong? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[33:43] | Nothing. can’t sleep is all. | 没事 一点也睡不着 |
[33:46] | Come back to bed. | 回床上吧 |
[33:49] | I’m gonna get some air. | 我去透透气 |
[33:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:52] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[33:54] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[33:56] | Keep the windows closed. | 把窗关好 |
[34:01] | Yeah, he did that a lot. | 对 他常那样 |
[34:04] | He’d leave in the middle of the night. | 他总半夜出门 |
[34:08] | Didn’t you think it was pretty odd | 你不觉得他刮遍全身 |
[34:10] | that he shaved like that, Bridget? | 很奇怪吗 布里奇特 |
[34:11] | He always shaved, you know? he said, um… | 他总这么刮 他说 |
[34:15] | It had to do, you know, with biking, for speed. | 他也是迫不得已 为了加快骑车速度 |
[34:17] | Did he always shave at midnight? | 他总在半夜刮吗 |
[34:19] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[34:21] | You remember the rapes, though, don’t you? | 你记得那几起强奸案 对吗 |
[34:23] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[34:25] | Didn’t you ever think… | 有没有想过… |
[34:26] | That I was living with a rapist? | 我和强奸犯住一起吗 |
[34:28] | No, I never thought that. would you? | 不 我从没想过 你呢 |
[34:35] | Does it make sense now? | 现在讲得通吗 |
[34:43] | Yeah, I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[34:45] | With the walks and all. | 联想起散步和其它事 |
[34:47] | Now that I think about it, | 现在想想 |
[34:48] | He’s only ridden that bike | 从我认识他起 |
[34:51] | a couple times since I’ve known him. | 他只骑过几次车 |
[34:57] | Bridget? | 布里奇特 |
[34:59] | I’m so sorry, Carl. | 很抱歉 卡尔 |
[35:02] | You really should be more careful. | 你真该多加小心 |
[35:05] | I just wish we should’ve met under different circumstances. | 真希望我们能换种相遇的方式 |
[35:12] | Why are you here? | 你们来干什么 |
[35:14] | We just wanna chat. again. | 我们只想再和你聊聊 |
[35:19] | We called the base up in Oregon. | 我们联系过俄勒冈的军事基地 |
[35:21] | Seems you got the same blood type as our rapist. | 你和我们找的强奸犯血型相同 |
[35:25] | Type A is pretty common. | A型血相当常见 |
[35:27] | We’ve got your letter, too. | 我们还有你寄的信 |
[35:29] | I’m not much of a writer. | 我可不是作家 |
[35:31] | Plus that cigarette you left at Tanya’s– | 加上你留在塔尼亚家的烟头 |
[35:32] | Tells me you’re just about ready to stop this. | 告诉我你快收手了 |
[35:35] | How’d them army boys deal with you | 那些当兵的怎么看待你 |
[35:36] | shaving your chest and your legs? | 刮胸毛和腿毛 |
[35:38] | I cut that out up there. | 我到那里就不刮了 |
[35:39] | Didn’t wanna be on the wrong side | 在那怕被人误以为是 |
[35:41] | of “don’t ask, don’t tell,” huh? | 同性恋 对吗 |
[35:42] | I just didn’t get much of a chance to bike in Oregon. | 我只是在俄勒冈没什么机会骑车而已 |
[35:45] | What kind of people do you come from… Carl? | 你的家人都是怎样的人 卡尔 |
[35:49] | Nothing special. | 普通人家 |
[35:51] | Educated? | 受过教育吗 |
[35:52] | No. | 没 |
[35:53] | Low rent? | 房租很低吧 |
[35:57] | You could say. | 可以这么说 |
[35:58] | Not a lot of books in the trailer, I take it? | 拖车里书不多 说对了吗 |
[36:01] | My mom couldn’t read. | 我妈是文盲 |
[36:03] | What about that sister of yours, | 你的那个妹妹呢 |
[36:05] | The one that’s in jail for prostitution? | 因卖淫罪被判入狱的那个 |
[36:08] | she a… big scholar? | 她学位很高吗 |
[36:10] | Yeah, you come from trash, you end up trash. | 对 出身下贱 自然人也下贱 |
[36:12] | With a trash girlfriend. you | 不满下贱的女友 |
[36:13] | were looking for someone better. | 你便寻摸着更好的 |
[36:15] | A classy girl with… education. | 一个有教养的优秀女孩 |
[36:19] | I like girls with culture who don’t | 我喜欢有文化的女孩子 |
[36:20] | eat their takeout right out of a box. | 起码不会一拿起外卖就啃 |
[36:23] | Hm, like Bridget? | 比如布里奇特吗 |
[36:24] | Bridget’s never been to a museum in her life. | 布里奇特这辈子都没去过博物馆 |
[36:26] | So you went looking for a girl | 所以你出去寻找 |
[36:27] | with a little something upstairs. | 脑子里有点料的女孩 |
[36:30] | Trolling through the museums and libraries | 徘徊于博物馆和图书馆 |
[36:31] | Till you found her, then you followed her home. | 直到发现目标 然后尾随到家 |
[36:34] | Looked to see if there was a cat in her window, | 观察窗口是不是有猫 |
[36:35] | ’cause that meant she was all alone in there. | 因为那意味着她独住 |
[36:38] | And you got that talent for getting into tiny places. | 而你有潜入小地方的天分 |
[36:47] | Talk or don’t talk. | 你招 或者不招 |
[36:49] | It doesn’t matter anymore. | 已经不是问题了 |
[36:53] | Bridget gave us your razor. | 布里奇特把你的剃刀给了我们 |
[36:54] | – It’s at the DNA lab right now. – Yep. | -已经送去做DNA检查了 -对 |
[36:58] | We’re just waiting for the official word. | 我们只要坐等正式报告 |
[37:13] | I used to slide down the laundry | 我过去在我死党的楼里 |
[37:15] | chute at my best friend’s building. | 常从洗衣房的斜道滑下去 |
[37:17] | You can’t believe how narrow it was. | 你无法相信那有多窄 |
[37:21] | I’d get into the neighbor’s house and steal things. | 我进入邻居家偷东西 |
[37:26] | It was like the one thing that I was really, really good at, | 这像是我真正拿手的一件事 |
[37:31] | Getting into small places. | 进入狭小空间 |
[37:35] | I was, like, known for it. | 我因此远近闻名 |
[37:39] | That’s sensational, Carl. | 真感人 卡尔 |
[37:45] | I told you… I was ready soon, soon as the weather changed. | 我告诉过你们…我准备天气转凉就收手 |
[37:51] | Yeah. you told us. | 对 你说过 |
[37:54] | I just had these demons. | 我只是被这些心魔困扰着 |
[37:57] | Is that why you joined the military? | 所以你才去当兵吗 |
[37:59] | To maybe get some discipline? | 为了约束自己 |
[38:01] | I kept them down for a while, but they came back. | 我克制了一阵 可又复发了 |
[38:04] | The… one in Oregon was a fighter, | 那个在俄勒冈的人反抗了 |
[38:07] | – like the other one that… – Gail. | -像另一个… -叫盖尔 |
[38:10] | The girl you murdered. | 你杀的那个女孩 |
[38:13] | I just wanted to… | 我只想… |
[38:16] | Date her, you know, not hurt her. | 和她约会 没想伤害她 |
[39:50] | Quiet. I am sorry. | 别出声 很抱歉 |
[39:53] | Studying, huh? | 还在学习吗 |
[39:54] | – College girl? – Let me… go! | -在读大学吗 -放开我 |
[40:04] | You should be more careful. | 你该多加小心 |
[40:06] | That window’s wide open. | 那扇窗开得太大了 |
[40:08] | – Gail. – Be quite. | -盖尔 -别出声 |
[40:10] | What’s going on there? | 里面发生了什么 |
[40:11] | Be quite. quite. quite. | 别出声 安静 安静 |
[40:12] | – Sounds like more than reading. – Quite. quite. | -听起来不像在读书 -安静 |
[40:18] | I just wish we could’ve met under different circumstances. | 真希望我们能换种相遇的方式 |
[40:40] | 歌手The wallflowers 歌曲Heroes | |
[43:08] | Poverty is not a shame, but the being ashamed of it is. | 贫贱本身不可耻,以之为耻才可耻 |