时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | Driest February ever. | 有史以来最干燥的二月 |
[00:37] | – Wettest March for 40 years. Yeah. | – 四十年来最潮湿的三月 – 对 |
[00:41] | Then it didn’t rain at all but was cold in May. | 五月一点雨都没下… – 五月 – …但非常冷 |
[00:47] | Then it went to the hottest June ever. | 然后是有史以来最热的六月 |
[00:52] | – Since then, it’s been… The wettest July. | 在那之后 是… 最潮湿的七月 |
[00:57] | – The wettest July and the coldest. Yeah. | – 最潮湿且最冷的七月 – 是的 |
[01:02] | Given that the weather had done the exact opposite | 鉴于整年的天气 |
[01:05] | of what we needed all year long, | 一直与我们的期望背道而驰 |
[01:09] | we were praying for an old-fashioned autumn | 我们祈祷能有一个传统 |
[01:12] | with lots of warm sunshine. | 且阳光明媚的秋天 |
[01:15] | But no. | 但事与愿违 |
[01:16] | The crucial harvesting month was also refusing to play ball. | 关键的收获月也拒绝配合 |
[01:22] | Today was meant to be sunny. Look at it. | 今天不会出太阳 你看这天 |
[01:27] | And now Kaleb had killed the crops off | 现在 |
[01:29] | to ready them for the combine, | 卡莱布已经割倒了庄稼 让其为联合收割机做好准备 |
[01:31] | the clock was ticking. | 时间紧迫 |
[01:37] | The longer they sat in the field too wet to harvest, | 田地过于潮湿 则无法收割 而庄稼在这种地里的时间越长 |
[01:41] | the more they would deteriorate. | 腐烂程度越严重 |
[01:44] | We need under 15. | 我们需要达到15以下 |
[01:47] | 18.4 | 18.4. |
[01:48] | Shit. | 该死 |
[01:51] | We’re probably okay at nine. | 达到九或许也行 |
[01:54] | 18.3. | |
[01:57] | It has to be less than nine. | 必须低于九 |
[01:58] | 17.5. Bollocks. | 17.5 烦人 |
[02:02] | Hi. Have you done a moisture test? | 嗨 你做了水分检测吗? |
[02:04] | I can feel it’s wet already. | 我已经能感觉到地很潮湿了 |
[02:06] | 18.6. | |
[02:07] | This year’s an absolute pig. It just won’t dry at all. | 今年糟透了 根本就干不了 |
[02:11] | – What is it? 17%. | – 怎么样? |
[02:14] | I think I’ve broken a record of how many times I can moisture test a field. | 我觉得我已经打破了在一块田地里 进行水分检测的次数的记录 |
[02:21] | Moisture test, moisture test, then moisture test again. | 水分检测 |
[02:23] | Then do another moisture test. | 然后再次进行水分检测 然后再测一次 |
[02:30] | Get to the end of the day and go, no, it’s not gonna go today. | 到了一天结束时却说:“今天不行” |
[02:33] | To add to the pressure, | 除了水分检测的压力 |
[02:35] | Andy Cato was now worried about how well | 安迪卡托现在担心 |
[02:37] | his wild-farmed wheat field would perform… | 野生种植的小麦田的表现… |
[02:42] | Morning. How are you? | – 早上好 你好吗? – 你好吗? |
[02:44] | Because he feared he’d been too conservative | …因为他担心 |
[02:47] | with the nitrogen fertiliser. | 自己对氮肥的使用过于保守 |
[02:50] | I don’t think we’ve got it quite right here. | 我觉得我们用量不够 |
[02:52] | We’ve ended up using an absolutely miniscule amount of nitrogen here, | 我们最终在这块地里 |
[02:56] | about 11 kilos. | 使用了很少量的氮肥 大约11千克 |
[02:58] | How much have you put on that field over there? | 你在那块地里施了多少氮肥? |
[03:00] | – No idea. – A couple of hundred maybe? | – 不知道 – 可能几百千克吧? |
[03:02] | – Kaleb knows. – Yeah. | – 卡莱布知道 – 好的 |
[03:03] | So a couple of hundred kilos on that, and 11… | 所以那块地里几百千克 而11… |
[03:05] | I don’t know, but I guess it’d be somewhere around there. | – 我不知道… – 好的 …但我觉得差不多 |
[03:08] | But I think we haven’t quite got the balance quite right in this field. | 但我觉得我们还没在这块地里 达到适当的平衡 |
[03:12] | We’ve undercooked it a bit. | 我们施肥施得不够 |
[03:13] | It’s just a little bit lacking in energy. | 缺少了一点能量 |
[03:20] | After sitting on our hands for day after frustrating day, | 经历了沮丧而无事可做的一天后 |
[03:25] | conditions did finally start to improve. | 情况终于开始好转 |
[03:30] | It sounds better. | 听起来好多了 |
[03:33] | Oats… | 燕麦 |
[03:35] | We need under 15%. | 我们需要低于15% |
[03:39] | 15% now! | 现在是15% |
[03:41] | So by the time Simon gets here, that’ll be fit to go. | 所以等西蒙到这里时 我们就可以开工了 |
[03:46] | As usual, Charlie had gone on holiday for the harvest. | 像往常一样 查理在收获季去度假了 |
[03:50] | This meant Kaleb was fully in charge. | 这意味着卡莱布全权负责 |
[03:53] | So, while we waited for the combine to arrive, | 所以 在我们等待联合收割机到来时 |
[03:57] | he summoned me to his office | 他把我叫去他的办公室 |
[03:59] | for what he said was an important meeting. | 说要召开一次重要的会议 |
[04:08] | Hey-up. | 嘿 |
[04:09] | So this is… | 所以这是… |
[04:11] | Welcome to my office! | 欢迎来到我的办公室 |
[04:13] | Well, how long have you had this? | 你什么时候建的这个办公室? |
[04:15] | Well, since you made me farm manager. | 自从你让我当农场经理后 |
[04:18] | Well, that’s months ago. I know! | – 那是几个月前 – 我知道 |
[04:20] | I just cleared a bit of space and… | 我只是清理了一些空间 然后… |
[04:22] | Who’s done your interior decoration? Nicky Haslam, is it? | 谁给你做的室内装饰? 尼基哈斯拉姆吗? |
[04:25] | No, me! | 不 我自己弄的 |
[04:27] | – It’s a work’s office. | 这是工作用的办公室 – |
[04:29] | It’s not an office. – It’s good! | 这都是些什么? – 这很棒 |
[04:33] | I found this table out the old shed at the back there. | 我在后面的旧棚子里找到了这张桌子 |
[04:35] | And this one here is actually just like a dresser with some… | 还有这个 其实是梳妆台和一些… |
[04:39] | The electric’s not the best in here. | 这里的电力不太行 |
[04:42] | It’s the shittest office I’ve ever been in. | – 这是我进过的最差的办公室 – 不是 这里很干燥… – 不过你有洗衣机 – 对 还有滚筒式烘干机 |
[04:43] | – It’s not! It’s dry. – You’ve got a washing machine, though. | |
[04:46] | Yeah, and a tumble dryer. | |
[04:48] | Anyway, more importantly. | 总之 |
[04:50] | – Charlie’s in the U.S. of A. – I know. | 更重要的是 查理在美国 |
[04:52] | Harvest is around the corner, so obviously he’s gone away. | – 我知道 – 对 收获季即将到来 所以他走了 |
[04:54] | Exactly. So he’s gone away. – Yeah. | – 没错 他离开了 – 对 |
[04:56] | But as farm manager now, | 但作为现任农场经理 |
[04:58] | it makes me responsible for the health and safety on this farm. | 我需要对这里的健康和安全负责 |
[05:00] | Oh, God… | 天啊 |
[05:01] | Ten minutes. That’s all it’s gonna take. I’ve gotta go through this folder. | 只需要十分钟 我得过一遍这个 |
[05:04] | – What is it? – You can read it if you want. | 这是什么? |
[05:06] | Read all the risk assessments that I’ve done. | 阅读所有风险评估之类的东西 就像我之前那样 |
[05:09] | – Have you done risk assessments? Yeah. | – 你做了风险评估吗? – 做过 |
[05:11] | I had to. It’s on my head. | 我必须做 因为这是我的职责 |
[05:12] | If you injure yourself now, do you know whose fault it is? | 如果你现在弄伤了自己 你知道这是谁的错吗? |
[05:15] | Mine. I go to prison. | 我的 我会进监狱 |
[05:16] | And this face isn’t for prison. | 这张脸可不适合在监狱里待着 |
[05:18] | The other day we were carting stone for the car park, yes? | 那天 我们在给停车场 – 切割石头 对吧? – 是的 |
[05:21] | Yeah. | 你把车开出停车场时发生了什么? |
[05:22] | What happened when you pulled up to the drive off the car? | 你把车开出停车场时发生了什么? |
[05:25] | – Oh, the trailer came up. Yeah. | – 拖车来了 然后… – 对 |
[05:27] | – That’s quite dangerous, though. Why is it dangerous? | 那样很危险 – 如果头顶… – 为什么? |
[05:29] | The overhead power cables… – There aren’t any. | – 头顶有电缆 – 没有 |
[05:32] | Okay, there isn’t any, but if there was… | 好吧 确实没有 但如果有的话 |
[05:33] | Well, there isn’t. | – 你不会意识到… – 没有电缆 |
[05:35] | You could have taken them out and killed yourself or somebody else. | 你可能会挂到电缆 然后害死你自己或其他人 |
[05:38] | But there isn’t. | 但那里没有电缆 |
[05:39] | Do you know the correct way to get out of a tractor if you’ve hit a power cable? | 如果触碰到电缆 你知道该怎么从拖拉机里出来吗? |
[05:44] | – No. The correct way | – 不知道 |
[05:46] | to get out of a tractor if you’ve touched a power cable, | – 在触碰到电缆时 |
[05:49] | because it will shoot through your tractor, | 从拖拉机出来的正确方式 因为电缆会让你的拖拉机通电 |
[05:51] | is to bunny hop. | 是你要蹲跳下车 |
[05:52] | Open the door, top step, and just jump | 打开车门 |
[05:55] | as far as you can away from it. | 上到最顶部 然后尽可能地跳离它 |
[05:57] | – I can’t bunny hop. You’d probably break your leg. | 我不能蹲跳 如果你跳下车 |
[05:58] | And my knees are not up to any… | 可能会摔断腿 我的膝盖不能… |
[06:01] | I’ll sit in it | 我会坐在车里 |
[06:02] | because the rubber tyres will insulate me. | 橡胶轮胎能让我绝缘 |
[06:04] | But you can’t ring me then because there’s no signal. | 那你就不能给我打电话了 因为没有信号 |
[06:06] | Why not? | 为什么不行? |
[06:07] | Because the electricity will knock out your signal. | 电会干扰你的信号 |
[06:10] | People will miss me after a while. | 不过 过不了一会儿大家就会想起我 |
[06:11] | – No, I wouldn’t. | 我不会 |
[06:15] | Anyway. Have you got What3Words on your phone? | 总之 你手机上 安装“三词地址”应用程序了吗? |
[06:17] | Yeah. – OK. | – 安了 – 好的 |
[06:18] | Just in case of an accident, you can tell me what specific three words | 万一发生意外 你可以告诉我具体的三个词 |
[06:22] | and I know where you are. | 我会知道你的位置 |
[06:23] | I don’t understand What3Words. I thought you had to choose the words. | 我不知道这个“三词地址”该怎么用 我以为你必须选择词语 |
[06:26] | No. | – 不是 |
[06:27] | It said, “You choose three words for wherever you are.” | – 因为它说 |
[06:30] | But I thought if I send that to you, | “你可以在任何地方选择三个词” 我就心想:“怎么…” |
[06:32] | how do you know what three words I’ve chosen? | 如果我把那个发给你 你怎么知道我选择了哪三个词? |
[06:36] | I’m gonna warm this one up. | 我要热热手掌 然后这样 |
[06:39] | I genuinely… I promise! | – 我以为…我发誓 |
[06:42] | So, basically… | – 所以基本上… |
[06:43] | Honestly. I’ve got it on the phone and it said… | 我说实话…我在手机上安装了 然后它说随便 |
[06:46] | – Whatever… Walnut, toffee, cat. – Yeah. | – 核桃、太妃糖、猫 – 对 |
[06:50] | Well, I don’t want those words. | 不 |
[06:52] | – Somebody else has chosen them. Yes. | 我不想要这些词 这是其他人选出来的 |
[06:54] | Well, I don’t like that. | – 对 – 我不喜欢 |
[06:55] | I write newspaper columns. | 我写报纸专栏 |
[06:57] | Nobody chooses the words for them. I choose the words. | 没人给它们选词 我自己选词 |
[06:59] | Yeah, so the person who wrote this What3Word programme | 对 但是…所以编写 这个应用程序的人 |
[07:02] | chose the words for each place. | – 给每个地方选择了词 – |
[07:04] | Well, I’ve got it anyway. – Good. | 对 我已经知道了 很好 |
[07:06] | All right. At random. | – 好的 随机挑选 – 荒唐 |
[07:09] | “No smoking when refuelling”? | -“加油时不能抽烟”? – |
[07:11] | No. – I never knew that. | 不行 我一直不知道 |
[07:13] | I always used to light up when I was filling up the car. | 我总是在给车加油时使用打火机 |
[07:17] | Always. | – 一向如此 |
[07:18] | I wish you did. | – 你最好是 |
[07:24] | A couple of hours later, | 几小时后 |
[07:26] | Kaleb met up with Simon and his combine | 卡莱布与西蒙 和他的联合收割机汇合 |
[07:29] | to harvest the oats he’d planted in the fields | 开始收割在油菜种植失败的地里 |
[07:31] | where the rape had failed. | 种植的燕麦 |
[07:34] | Have you got a walkie-talkie, Simon? | 你有对讲机吗 西蒙? |
[07:37] | Yeah, I’ve got it. | 有 我能听到你说话 |
[07:40] | And I suspect he was hoping to get it all done | 我怀疑他想在没有我的帮助下 |
[07:44] | without my help. | 收割完所有燕麦 |
[07:47] | I think he’s hoping I won’t find him but I shall. | 我觉得他不想让我找到他 但我会找到他的 |
[07:51] | Then I shall offer my assistance. | 然后我会帮忙 |
[07:54] | And he will be happy. | 他会开心的 |
[07:57] | Good news! I’m here to help. | 好消息 我来帮忙了 |
[08:00] | Oh no… | 不好了 |
[08:03] | You can have this trailer, I’ll have the other one. | 你可以开这辆拖车 我有另一辆拖车 好吗? |
[08:07] | The trailer Kaleb wanted me to use | 卡莱布想让我用的那辆拖车 |
[08:09] | was only half full. | 只装满了一半 |
[08:11] | So I had to hook it up and then carry on filling it. | 所以我不得不把挂上它 继续装 |
[08:18] | Genuinely, | 说真的 |
[08:20] | I still don’t know how to hook a trailer up. | 我还是不知道如何挂拖车 |
[08:24] | Up. Go up. | 上 往上 |
[08:27] | Is that right? No. | – 这对吗? – 不对 |
[08:29] | Use your joystick. | 用你的操纵杆 |
[08:31] | Unlock it on the little button, the hydraulics… | 按一下那个小按钮解锁液压系统 |
[08:34] | You need the hydraulics. | 需要液压系统 |
[08:36] | Use that little… | 你都完成… |
[08:39] | Is it locked or not? | 它被锁住了吗? |
[08:41] | – I don’t bloody know. – Is it locked on the little button? | – 我不知道 |
[08:43] | What? | 什么? – 小按钮锁住了吗? |
[08:46] | Are we ready? | 我们准备好了吗? |
[08:48] | Roll forward a little bit more. | – 稍微前进一点 |
[08:49] | What? Backwards? | – 什么?后退? |
[08:51] | You’ve gotta go forward a little tiny bit. Whoa! | 你得往前开一点 |
[08:53] | How can they refuel a fighter jet | 人们怎么做到在九千米的高空 |
[08:57] | in mid-air at 30,000 feet | 给战斗机加油 |
[08:59] | and yet somehow, farmers have not yet invented | – 然而 农民… |
[09:01] | – an easier way… – No, you rolled forward again. | – 好了 – 却还没发明出更简单的方法… |
[09:03] | I had to roll forwards! | – 不对 你又往前了 我必须前进! |
[09:06] | Whoa. Shit. – Yeah! | – 该死 – 嘿! |
[09:09] | Now we’re cooking! | 现在对咯 |
[09:11] | Only took fucking three hours. | 只花了“短短”三小时呢 |
[09:14] | Right. There you go. | 好了 |
[09:16] | Do you wanna try your hydraulics before we go? | 你想在我们开始收割前 先试试液压系统吗? |
[09:18] | How do I try hydraulics? | 我怎么试液压系统? |
[09:20] | Unlock the hydraulics. – I have unlocked it. | 解锁液压系统 |
[09:24] | I think. | 然后用小操纵杆… 我觉得我已经解锁液压系统了 |
[09:28] | Go down. | 下降 |
[09:30] | No, no, no. Go down. | 不对 下降 |
[09:37] | Oh, you fucking… | 该死… |
[09:44] | I honestly… I can’t. I can’t stand him. | 我不能…我受不了他了 |
[09:47] | Give him a shovel and some bags. That’s what did with the students. | 给他一把铲子和一些口袋 我们以前就是这么打发学生的 |
[09:50] | Make them shovel it up again. | 让他们再铲起来 |
[09:52] | No! | – 不要! – 不! |
[09:53] | Fucking hell. | 该死的 |
[09:55] | Right. That is up, there. | – 好吧 |
[09:57] | No, stop! | 那是向上 – |
[09:58] | Shit. | 别!停下! 糟了 |
[10:02] | Can we have an agreement… | 我们能达成协议吗? |
[10:04] | From now on then, you plug it in. | 从现在开始 你把它插进去 |
[10:06] | When you plug those hoses in, can they always be the same? | 当你插入那些软管时 你总能让它们保持一致吗? |
[10:10] | Yes. That’s what I always do. But your tractor’s shit, for one. | 可以 我总是这样 但首先 你的拖拉机太烂了 |
[10:13] | You’re incapable of driving it, for two. | 其次 你不会开 |
[10:16] | It’s not me. | – 不是我的问题 – 就是 |
[10:17] | Well, it is. Every time you jump in it, you press the wrong one. | 每次你操纵拖拉机 总会按错键 |
[10:20] | That’s because every time I get in it, | 那是因为我每次坐进去 每个按钮的功能都不一样 |
[10:23] | each button does a different thing. You would agree with that. | – 你同意这一点吧? |
[10:25] | Yeah, because it’s a shit tractor. | – 对 因为这辆拖拉机很垃圾 |
[10:29] | Luckily, my godson was doing work experience on the farm that week, | 幸好 我的教子 那周在农场体验干农活 |
[10:34] | so he got to experience the joy | 所以他体验了 |
[10:37] | of shovelling up my spilled oats… | 铲起我洒的燕麦的乐趣… |
[10:40] | Here we go. | 好了 |
[10:42] | Coming in. | 我来了 |
[10:44] | While I headed over to Simon to take the rest of his load. | …我朝西蒙驶去 去接剩下的燕麦 |
[10:48] | Now, let’s not muck it up, Jeremy. Let’s not muck it up. | 现在 杰里米 别搞砸了 |
[11:03] | He’s nervous now. He’s all over the place. | 他现在很紧张 手忙脚乱的 |
[11:05] | Go over, left a little bit. Go left! Go left! | 往左边一点 左边 |
[11:10] | All of that just went over. Look how much… | 所有的都洒…看看多少… |
[11:12] | You’ve just spilt loads. | 你刚刚洒了很多 |
[11:14] | What? | 什么?我现在做错了什么? |
[11:15] | What have I done wrong now? | |
[11:18] | You’ve just spilt loads and loads over the left-hand side. | 你刚刚把很多都洒在左边了 |
[11:20] | You were too close. | 你离得太近了 |
[11:22] | Oh, I don’t understand. I don’t understand anything. | 我不明白 我什么都不明白 |
[11:32] | When it was time to take my next load, | 等到了我装下一批燕麦时 |
[11:35] | Simon made a rather humiliating decision. | 西蒙做了一个相当侮辱人的决定 |
[11:42] | Erm, I’m loading while stationary. | 我在停车的状态下装燕麦 |
[11:45] | I know you can see it at home and you’re laughing at me, | 我知道你们在家里看到这一幕 肯定会嘲笑我 |
[11:48] | but the important thing is: | 但重要的是 |
[11:50] | Kaleb’s not here to see it. | 卡莱布没在这里看到 |
[12:01] | But even though I’d lost whatever harvesting skills I’d once had, | 但即使我已经失去了 我曾经拥有的收割技巧 |
[12:06] | we did manage, that day, to get both fields of oats harvested | 我们那天还是成功地 |
[12:11] | and in the shed. | 收割了两块地里的燕麦 并装进了棚屋 |
[12:14] | Eat your heart out Mac Scotland. | 尽情享用吧 苏格兰先生 |
[12:15] | We can have some Mac Chipping Norton porridge. | 我们可以享用一些麦基平诺顿燕麦粥 |
[12:21] | However, we couldn’t savour the normal joy of harvesting | 然而 我们无法品尝到 |
[12:25] | because once again, the weather reared its ugly head. | 收获的平常乐趣 因为天气又在作怪 |
[12:31] | So now we’ll go into the Met Office. | 所以我们现在查看气象局的天气预报 |
[12:33] | They’re saying 10 o’clock tonight rain. | 据说今晚十点下雨 |
[12:35] | Er, mine’s saying 9 o’clock. | 我的说九点 |
[12:38] | Have you got this particular app of doom? | – 你有这个末日应用程序吗? – 有 |
[12:40] | Is that the Norwegian? | 那是挪威…那是哪个? |
[12:41] | Which one’s that one? Rain today. | 是“今日下雨” |
[12:44] | I’ve just been looking at the BBC Met Office. | 对 我就看英国广播公司的气象预报 |
[12:46] | That Norwegian one is very good. | – 挪威那个很好用 – 对 |
[12:48] | – Yeah. – They’re all saying now 10 o’clock. | 现在天气预报说十点要… |
[12:51] | – 10 o’clock? – 10 o’clock. | – 十点? – 十点 |
[12:53] | Holy shit. Look at that. | 天啊!看看那个 |
[12:55] | That is coming. | 雨水要来了 |
[12:56] | And it’s going to get medieval on our bottoms. | 那会对我们造成超大打击 |
[13:00] | With every app saying wind and rain was on the way, | 每个应用程序都说狂风暴雨即将来临 |
[13:04] | Kaleb made a late-afternoon decision. | 卡莱布在下午晚些时候做出了决定 |
[13:08] | I think we finish this field off, because we’re here anyway… | 我们的下一个任务 是完成这块地的收割 – |
[13:12] | You’re the farm manager. | 因为反正我们刚好在这里 – 你是农场经理 |
[13:13] | And then we move down to the Wildfarmed. | 然后我们去野生农场 |
[13:16] | Yeah. OK. Well, that’ll keep Andy happy. | – 好的 那会让安迪很开心 – 对 |
[13:18] | Yes. And get that done. | 把那块收完 |
[13:20] | I think the problem that Andy’s worrying about, yeah? | 我觉得问题是安迪很担心… |
[13:21] | Our wheat now will be fine against the weather. | 我们的小麦 现在应该能抵御天气的影响 |
[13:24] | It’ll take a little bit of battering before it loses the milling quality. | 它遭受连续打击后 会失去磨粉品质 |
[13:26] | Yeah. You mean before you can make it… | – 对 在你把它做成… – 面包 |
[13:29] | Well, you can make it into bread, not cow food. | 把它做成面包 而不是奶牛饲料 |
[13:31] | Exactly. Or chicken food. | – 没错 或鸡饲料 – 好的 |
[13:33] | The problem I think he’s worried about is that that’s such an old variety | 但问题是 他很担心这是老品种燕麦 |
[13:37] | that he’s worried about it losing the milling quality. | 我觉得他很担心它会失去磨粉品质 |
[13:40] | – Which it might in bad weather. Yes. | – 而恶劣天气可能会导致此结果 – 对 |
[13:46] | Andy had predicted that because he’d been too cautious | 安迪预测 |
[13:49] | with the fertiliser, | 因为他对肥料的使用过于谨慎 |
[13:51] | his field wouldn’t produce a massive yield. | 他的田地的产量不会很高 |
[13:56] | And he wasn’t wrong. | 他预测得没错 |
[13:59] | I mean, a third of the field | 已经收割了三分之一的地 |
[14:02] | and it’s less than half the trailer full. | 还不到半拖车 |
[14:05] | Well, we’re easily gonna get this field done. | 我们很容易就能收完这块地 |
[14:08] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:10] | It’s pretty low, isn’t it? | 产量很低 对吧? |
[14:12] | Is it worth doing? | – 这值得吗? – 值得 |
[14:13] | Yeah. You’re just being awkward. | 就因为有人用你的地种庄稼 |
[14:16] | You’ve been awkward all year about somebody stealing your field. | 你一整年都很奇怪 |
[14:18] | Well, you shouldn’t have let someone else drill my field. | 你不应该让别人种我的地 |
[14:21] | You’re always going to be negative so I’m not gonna listen to you. | 你总是很消极 所以我不会听你的 |
[14:23] | Because I look after fellow Doncastrians. | 因为我要照顾唐卡斯特同胞 |
[14:26] | Doncastrians? | – 唐卡斯特人? |
[14:27] | – That’s what we’re called. – Dear Lord! | – 这就是我们的称呼 |
[14:29] | – He’s from Donny, I’m from Donny. – I bet you’re in some sort of cult! | – 好家伙 我打赌你是邪教徒吧 – 他来自唐卡斯特 我也是 |
[14:32] | Doncaster has given the world… | 世界闻名的凯文基冈和黛安娜里格 |
[14:35] | Kevin Keegan, Diana Rigg, | 都来自唐卡斯特 |
[14:38] | and now we’re saving farming. | 现在 我们正在拯救农业 |
[14:41] | I’m not being horrible, but I have no idea what you’re on about. | 我不是要冒犯你 但我不明白你在说什么 |
[14:45] | – Never heard of Kevin Keegan? – No! | – 你没听说过凯文基冈? – 没有 |
[14:47] | Was he a Prime Minister? | 他是首相吗? |
[14:49] | – No, he was captain footballer. Oh! | 不是 |
[14:52] | – Ah… | 他是一名足球队队长 |
[15:08] | Working without a break into the night, | 我们夜以继日地工作 |
[15:11] | we got Andy’s wheat in just before the rain came. | 赶在下雨前把安迪的小麦 全部收割完毕 |
[15:20] | And the next day, this new-age mix of wheat and beans | 第二天 现代小麦和豆子混合田里 |
[15:25] | went off to be milled. | 种出的小麦被送去磨粉 |
[15:29] | This meant we could turn our attention to the problem child… | 这意味着我们可以 把注意力转向“问题儿童” |
[15:33] | the oilseed rape. | 油菜籽 |
[15:38] | Now, let’s just remind ourselves… | 现在 我们只需提醒自己 |
[15:41] | there’s a saying which says if you haven’t got your rape planted | 有一句谚语说 “如果你在摩顿展览会前 |
[15:44] | by the time of the Moreton Show, | “没种下你的油菜籽 |
[15:46] | which is a farming show near here, | 那就不要种了 |
[15:49] | which is early September, don’t plant it because you’re too late. | “因为已经太迟了” 而此农业展览会一般在九月初举行 |
[15:52] | We didn’t get our rape in by the Moreton Show. | 我们没能在摩顿展览会前种下油菜籽 |
[15:55] | We advised Kaleb not to plant rape. | 我们曾建议卡莱布别种 |
[15:57] | He went ahead and planted it anyway. | 但他先斩后奏 还是种了 |
[16:00] | Most of it failed. | 大部分都失败了 |
[16:02] | This field didn’t fail. | 这块地没失败 |
[16:05] | We’re waiting to see what the yield is. | 我们等着看收成情况吧 |
[16:07] | How many fields have we got? Have we got two fields of it, haven’t we? | 我们有几块地? 我们有两块地 对吧? |
[16:10] | We normally put about 100 hectares in, yeah? | 我们通常会种一百公顷 对吧? |
[16:13] | Of oilseed rape. | – 种油菜籽? – 种油菜籽 |
[16:15] | And this year we’ve got 20. | 今年 我们种了二十公顷 |
[16:17] | Yeah. How much failed? | 对 因为有多少种失败了? |
[16:19] | – Only one field. 80 hectares. – No, two fields failed. | 只有一块地 八公顷 不 两块地种失败了 |
[16:22] | – No, one field’s failed. – Oh. | 没有 一块地失败了 |
[16:24] | Say sorry. | 快道歉 |
[16:27] | I’m sorry you planted the wrong crop. | 对不起你种错了作物 |
[16:30] | No, say sorry. | 不 说“对不起” |
[16:31] | Sorry your mistake was bigger than it was. | 对不起你的错误比之前严重 |
[16:32] | Be nice for one minute. | – 友善待人 |
[16:33] | You’ve done a very good job. – Thank you. | – 你做得很好 谢谢 |
[16:38] | – There we go. | |
[16:39] | What do we want it to be? Underneath nine. | 好了 – |
[16:43] | Twelve! | 需要达到什么标准? 九以下 |
[16:45] | I reckon another two hours and we’ll be going. | 我觉得再等两个小时就行了 |
[16:48] | So, a couple of hours later, | 所以几个小时后 |
[16:50] | we came back to do another moisture test. | 我们回来再次进行水分检测 |
[16:54] | What was it this morning? – It was 12%. | 今早是多少来着? |
[16:57] | We need it to be less than 9. – Yes. | – 我们需要达到九以下 – 对 |
[17:00] | I don’t remember very much from the years I’ve been farming | 我不太记得我务农这些年的事 |
[17:02] | but the one thing I do remember, and this was on television, | 但有一件事我还记得 而且也在节目里播出了 |
[17:05] | is Charlie said to me | 即查理跟我说 |
[17:07] | that a contractor, Kaleb or Simon, will always say, | 卡莱布或西蒙这种承包商总是会说 |
[17:11] | “Oh it’s fine, don’t worry about the moisture.” | “没事 别担心水分” |
[17:12] | And Charlie said, “Never ever let them harvest it | 查理说:“永远不要让 |
[17:17] | “if it’s too wet. | 他们在过于潮湿时收割 |
[17:18] | “Never ever let them do that.” | “永远都不要让他们那么做” |
[17:20] | So if it’s over 9, I mustn’t let him combine it. | 所以 如果数值超过九 我不能让他用联合收割机收割 |
[17:28] | What is it? | 多少? |
[17:29] | So it’s 10. So it’s still too wet. | 十 还是太潮湿了 |
[17:30] | You can make the decision now because you just say “I’m a contractor”. | 不 你现在可以做决定了 因为你刚刚说我是“承包商” |
[17:34] | So, what are we gonna do? | 你想让我怎么做? |
[17:36] | Do you want me to get this off today at 10%, | 你想让我今天 在10%的情况下进行收割 |
[17:38] | take a little bit of the drying charge? | 收取一点费用 |
[17:40] | Or wait until the end of the week when our wheat’s ready? | 还是等到本周末 我们的小麦准备就绪后再收割? |
[17:42] | If we lose the Hagberg on the wheat, we’re gonna lose the milling quality. | 如果小麦的哈格伯格数值下降 我们就会失去磨粉品质 |
[17:46] | The last thing we want is to harvest this when our wheat’s ready. | 我们最不希望的 就是在小麦准备好时 |
[17:49] | So you make the call. Go for it. | 还忙着收割油菜籽 做决定吧 |
[17:50] | You’ll go, “You’re just a contractor. Nah, nah, nah.” | 你做决定吧 因为你说 “你只是一个承包商… “承包商” |
[17:54] | Go on. Call it. | 快 做决定 |
[17:58] | Charlie said don’t harvest… | – 查理说:“不要…” – |
[18:00] | Yeah, I know what Charlie said. But this is your decision now. | 是的 我知道查理说了什么 但现在该由你来做决定 |
[18:03] | Call it. By the time we get going… | 做决定吧 等我们决定好 我们会让西蒙过来… |
[18:05] | I can’t call it when you keep talking. | – 你一直说话我没法做决定 |
[18:07] | All right. Go on then. I’ll shut up. | – 那你考虑一下 我闭嘴 |
[18:09] | “I’m just a contractor.” | “你只是一个承包商” |
[18:11] | So there’s probably 5 or 6 hours | 所以大概要花五、六个小时 才能把油菜收割完? |
[18:14] | – in total to get the rape in. Yeah. | – 对 |
[18:16] | And the wheat… | – 小麦是… |
[18:18] | It’s gonna be ready on Wednesday afternoon. | 小麦周三下午前会准备就绪 |
[18:19] | I guarantee that wheat will be fit Wednesday afternoon. | 我保证小麦能在周三下午前准备好 |
[18:24] | Make the call. | 做决定吧 |
[18:26] | I cannot believe Charlie’s gone on holiday. | 我不敢相信查理竟然去度假了 |
[18:29] | Can you please just make the decision? | – 你能直接做决定吗? – |
[18:30] | – I can’t make a decision… – I’m doing it for you then. We’re going. | 我做不了! 那我帮你做决定 我们动手 |
[18:34] | Ready? – Charlie told me not to do this. | – 准备好了吗? – 查理跟我说不能这样 |
[18:35] | I’m calling Simon. We’re calling it. | – 他说你… – 我在给西蒙打电话 我们定了 |
[18:44] | When Simon arrived, I went off to do mushroom business | 西蒙抵达时 我去照顾蘑菇了 |
[18:49] | leaving Kaleb waiting anxiously to find out | 让卡莱布焦急地等待 |
[18:53] | whether his rape gamble had paid off. | 他的赌博是否得到了回报 |
[18:58] | Simon, do you copy? | 西蒙 收到了吗? |
[19:00] | Yeah, I’ve got you. | 听到了 |
[19:02] | Are you getting on well? | 你情况还好吗? |
[19:04] | Erm, yeah. Well, yes. | 是的 |
[19:06] | We’re only a quarter full. | 还好 我们只装了四分之一 |
[19:08] | Quarter full? | 四分之一? |
[19:10] | At the moment it’s saying a quarter of a tonne to the hectare. | 目前 一公顷的土地 收获了四分之一吨 |
[19:17] | Shitting hell. | 见鬼 |
[19:19] | A lot of these plants just haven’t got any pods on at all. | 这些植物大部分 根本没有结出任何豆荚 |
[19:23] | That’s the trouble with rape: it’s a volatile crop. | 这就是油菜麻烦的地方 这是一种不稳定的作物 |
[19:38] | I returned when they were on the second and final field of rape. | 我回来时 他们正在收割第二块 也是最后一块油菜田 |
[19:44] | How was, how was, er… | – 怎么… |
[19:46] | That was shockingly bad. – How bad? | – 糟透了 – |
[19:48] | Really bad. | 有多糟? – 真的很糟 |
[19:49] | No, what was the yield? | 不是吧 产量多少? |
[19:51] | Oh, like, averaged on 300 kg a hectare. | 平均每公顷三百千克 |
[19:55] | You’re joking? | 开玩笑的吧 |
[19:56] | Has that trailer got the first field in it? | 拖车里还放着第一块地里收的? |
[19:58] | Yeah. I wouldn’t go and have a look if I was you. | 是的 如果我是你的话 我不会去看的 |
[20:01] | Don’t do it to yourself, honestly. | 别强迫自己 说真的 |
[20:07] | See what I mean? Yeah. 25 acres? | – 看到了吧? – 看到了 十公顷 |
[20:11] | Yeah. Shit. | 对 该死 |
[20:15] | Once again, | 天气再次造成了致命一击 |
[20:16] | it was the weather that had dealt the killer blow. | |
[20:21] | That’s a rape stalk. Where’s all the pods gone? | 那是油菜根 豆荚都去哪儿了? |
[20:23] | Oh shit. There’s no pods at all. | 见鬼 根本没有豆荚 |
[20:25] | And look. If you look this way, behind you. | 如果你往这边看 看你身后 |
[20:28] | Can you see it? It’s a little bit thinner and it’s going like that in the wind. | 你能看见吗?有点稀疏的那个地方 它被风吹走了 |
[20:32] | It’s got so brittle and that storm and the rain come in, | 它非常脆弱 |
[20:35] | it’s knocking out the rapeseed that we want. | 暴风雨到来 大雨倾盆 |
[20:38] | Honestly… | 浇落了我们想要的油菜籽 说实话… |
[20:40] | I mean, I am pissed off, you are pissed off. | 你的确看起来…我很生气 你很生气 |
[20:42] | I mean, I can see you’re pissed off. | 我能看出你很生气 |
[20:45] | I’m just fed up. | 我受够了 |
[20:47] | I mean, I’d normally taunt you | 花了那么多时间和精力 |
[20:49] | and say you were told not to plant rape. | 我通常会嘲讽你说 “就跟你说过别种油菜” |
[20:52] | I’m not in the mood. | 我没这心情 |
[20:54] | I mean, you know… | 我是说 你知道… |
[20:58] | Cheer up. | – 振作点 |
[20:59] | Oh, I’ve just had enough. – What? | – 我已经受够了 怎么? |
[21:01] | Well, you put all that time and effort in, and money. | 你投入了所有时间、精力和金钱 |
[21:04] | I know it’s not my money. Okay, you know. | 我知道这不是我的钱 好吧 |
[21:06] | The ‘oo-ar’ bit’s a joke and that lot. But it’s still… | 以前说的那些都是笑话 但还是… |
[21:10] | I still don’t want it to do badly, you know? | 我仍然不希望收成不好 你知道吗? |
[21:16] | I’ll get you a beer. | 我给你拿瓶啤酒 |
[21:18] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[21:21] | Aw, mate. | 朋友 |
[21:24] | – It’s annoying though, isn’t it? Yes. | – 但这很烦人 不是吗? – 对 |
[21:28] | – And we’re in this together, aren’t we? Yeah. | – 我们是一队的 不是吗? – 是的 |
[21:30] | I’ll go and get the trailer. | 我去开拖车 |
[21:32] | I’ll drop this one off and then I’ll meet you back here, yeah? | – 我会把这个放下… – 好的 |
[21:34] | Yeah. | – …我在这里等你 好吗? – 好的 |
[21:46] | Once the rape was in, there was a harvesting pause, | 油菜入库后 收割暂停 |
[21:50] | so I went to London to see my new granddaughter… | 所以我去伦敦看我刚出世的孙女 |
[21:55] | Leaving Kaleb in charge of the now very pregnant pigs. | 让卡莱布负责照顾怀孕的猪 |
[22:10] | She’s very close. | 它很快就要生产了 |
[22:13] | She’s extremely close. I reckon tonight? | 很快 我觉得就是今晚 |
[22:18] | She wants comfort. | 它想要安慰 |
[22:21] | A bit like going into the maternity centre with the other half. | 有点像和你的另一半 一起去产科中心 |
[22:28] | Hold their hand… | 握住它的手 |
[22:31] | Massage their back. | 按摩后背 |
[22:34] | Scratch around their ears. | 挠耳朵 |
[22:38] | You’re okay. Yeah. | 没事的 |
[22:40] | Yeah, you’re good. | 你很好 |
[22:48] | Calms her down, look. | 让它冷静下来 |
[22:55] | The next day, the piglets started to appear. | 第二天 猪崽开始出现 |
[23:04] | Lots of them. | 很多猪崽 |
[23:10] | In fact there were so many… | 事实上 数量太多 |
[23:16] | that Dilwyn the vet had to come along | 导致迪尔翁兽医 |
[23:19] | to do a bit of social engineering. | 不得不过来做一些社会工程 |
[23:22] | Fifteen, sixteen in here. | …14、15 这里16只 |
[23:23] | Yeah, that’s too many. | 是啊 太多了 |
[23:25] | She’ll be struggling to rear more than twelve. | 它要照顾12只以上的猪崽非常困难 |
[23:28] | Yeah. Twelve, thirteen. | – 是的 |
[23:30] | I think the best thing to do is to get the smaller ones | 我觉得最好的办法是 把小一点的抓出来 |
[23:33] | and put them over there. | 把小家伙放在那里 |
[23:36] | She is farrowing outside. | 它是在外面生崽的? |
[23:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:39] | Put them over there. That’ll give them a chance. | 把它们放在那边 那会给它们机会 看情况如何 |
[23:42] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[23:43] | Look at that. | 拿着… |
[23:45] | Yeah, look at that. They are minute. | 好 看看这只 它们好小 |
[23:47] | They’re tiny. | – 非常小 |
[23:48] | They are absolutely. | – 确实 |
[23:51] | Look, a mother. | 和猪妈妈一起 好了 |
[24:06] | That’s having a good feed now. | 猪崽吃得很好 成功了吗? |
[24:14] | It’s wicked, isn’t it, when you see that. | 很棒吧?看看这画面 |
[24:23] | When I returned, Lisa and I rushed over to Pig City | 我回来时 |
[24:26] | to say hello to the new arrivals. | 丽莎和我冲到猪猪城 |
[24:30] | Oh… | 跟新诞生的小猪崽问好 |
[24:32] | This is amazing! | 这太棒了 |
[24:34] | Look at the size of that one. | 看看那只的个头 |
[24:37] | They’re heavy already! | 你…你已经很重了 |
[24:40] | And here you are. Sucking straw. | 看你 嘴里还有稻草 |
[24:44] | Oh, my God! There’s loads! | 天啊!好多啊! |
[24:47] | Well done! | 干得好! |
[24:49] | We’re not going to call you Swizz anymore. | 我们不会再叫你瑞士猪了 |
[24:52] | In March, Swizz gave birth to three. | 三月份 瑞士猪诞下了三只猪崽 |
[24:55] | That’s right. This time, eleven. | 没错 这次 11只 |
[24:58] | No! Yes. | – 不是吧! – 没错 |
[24:59] | Swizz! Eleven. | – 瑞士猪? |
[25:01] | – 11 So the total number of pigs we had in March | |
[25:04] | – was 28 piglets. – Yeah. | 只 所以我们三月总共有28只猪崽 对 |
[25:07] | This time, 53. | 这次53只 |
[25:09] | Whoa. I think that’s because they’re fit running up and down that hill. | 我觉得那是它们健康 |
[25:12] | I think it’s because they’re happy because of the woods. | 因为它们很开心 – |
[25:13] | I think so. | 因为它们在树林里 – 我也觉得 |
[25:15] | But, this is the main thing for me, you know my pig ring? | 但这对我来说是最重要的 – |
[25:19] | Yes. | 你知道我的猪环吗? – 知道 |
[25:20] | Has it worked? | 它有用吗? |
[25:22] | Last time, | 上次28%的猪崽 |
[25:23] | 28% were squashed by their mothers. | 被它们的妈妈压死了 |
[25:26] | – Ooph. This time, | 这次 |
[25:28] | 13% | 13%. |
[25:29] | Oh, that’s very good. | 那非常好 |
[25:31] | – That’s excellent. Hey. | 太棒了 嘿! |
[25:34] | Dude! Have you seen how many piglets we’ve got? | 朋友 你看到 我们有多少只猪崽了吗? |
[25:36] | Have I seen? I was here helping deliver them. | 我看到了…我之前在这里帮忙接生 |
[25:38] | I’ll tell you what, though. I hate to admit this, yes? | 我跟你们说 我不想承认 怎么? |
[25:42] | Clarkson’s Ring? It works. | 克拉克森猪环起作用了 |
[25:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:46] | I mean, you can just see, she’s pushed up here against the ring | 你可以看到 它靠在这里的猪环旁边 |
[25:50] | and the piglets can run behind her. | 猪崽可以在它身后跑来跑去 |
[25:53] | I mean, that’s extraordinary. | 这太了不起了 |
[26:02] | We then had to break off from pig midwifery | 然后我们不得不中断 猪猪接生婆的工作 |
[26:05] | because it was time to harvest the barley. | 因为是时候收割大麦了 |
[26:11] | And as Charlie had feared… | 正如查理担心的那样… |
[26:13] | You know it went in a bit later? | 它种得有点晚 |
[26:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:17] | It’s now putting up all these little shoots here, look. | 它现在冒出了这些小嫩芽 这里 你看 |
[26:20] | And those late-maturing ones will be a problem at harvest. | 那些晚熟的在收割时会是个问题 |
[26:25] | There were signs that the erratic weather | 有迹象表明反复无常的天气 |
[26:27] | had ruined this crop as well. | 也毁了这种作物 |
[26:31] | This is the barley. And the problem we’ve got here, look… | 这是大麦 我们遇到的问题 你看 |
[26:34] | Look at the green in that. That’s a green one. | 看里面的绿色大麦 这是绿色的 |
[26:38] | It shouldn’t be doing that. | 不应该这样 |
[26:46] | The winter wheat was next in line for a haircut. | 下一个等待收割的是冬小麦 |
[27:00] | Breakfast, lunch and dinner. | 早餐、午餐和晚餐 |
[27:07] | And then, Kaleb headed over to the last of the big crops… | 然后卡莱布前往最后一种重要作物… |
[27:12] | Durum wheat. Here we come. | 硬质小麦 我们来了 |
[27:19] | Where he was teamed up with the assistant combine driver. | 他和其助理联合收割机司机在此合作 |
[27:27] | – You all right, mate? – You all right? | – 早上好 伙计 – 你好吗? |
[27:29] | Yeah. Good. | – 嗯 – 很好 |
[27:32] | Yeah, you can’t… | 你可以 |
[27:33] | Them bloody things, you don’t wanna be… | 那些该死的东西 |
[27:35] | They’d be better off if you could… | 你不… |
[27:38] | It’s all right. Don’t worry about it. I thought I’d jump in and see you. | 是啊 |
[27:40] | Yeah, that’s fine. | 没事的 |
[27:44] | You must… Haven’t even got time to fart, I should think. | – 我想过来看看你 |
[27:47] | – They still don’t know how to come in, which way to come in, do they? | |
[27:50] | You know, we can’t get the rest tipped in this trailer yet. | 好的 |
[27:53] | It’s still drying and what. | 没事 |
[27:55] | Only went to Romania, didn’t it? | 一些古怪的老东西 这玩意… |
[27:58] | – Pardon? – It’s all Mrs Hasting. | – 什么? – 那是老哈斯汀太太 |
[28:00] | Simon is still in that place. | 西蒙在哪儿?他还在那地方… |
[28:09] | Yeah, that was farming, wasn’t it? | |
[28:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:16] | An exhausted Kaleb finished a couple of days later. | 几天后 筋疲力尽的卡莱布 结束了工作 |
[28:22] | But there was very little time to relax… | 但他几乎没有时间休息… |
[28:25] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[28:26] | Because Charlie had returned… | …因为查理回来了… |
[28:28] | You haven’t got a tan. Your limbs are all intact. | 你没晒黑吗?你的四肢都完好无损 |
[28:31] | I’m all here. | 我好着呢 |
[28:33] | …And immediately wanted a catch-up on the crops. | …他想立刻跟进庄稼的情况 |
[28:37] | I got the spring barley in. | – 我已经把春大麦入库了 – 好的 很好 |
[28:39] | Good. I hope that makes malting. | – 希望它们适合酿啤酒花 |
[28:41] | Yeah. | – 是的 |
[28:42] | That’s the one that’s worrying me the most. | 那是我最担心的事 |
[28:44] | Er, the durum, that must make pasta grade. | 然后硬质小麦 必须能达到做意大利面的等级 |
[28:47] | – Yeah. Because Canada’s having | 对 |
[28:49] | a shocker again. It’s really hot. | 因为加拿大又出现高温天气 非常热 |
[28:51] | So the price of durum… – What is the price of durum? | – 所以硬质小麦的价格… – 硬质小麦的价格是多少? |
[28:55] | Really good. | 非常好 |
[28:56] | £500, £600 a tonne. – OK, yeah. | – 每吨五百至六百英镑 – 好的 |
[28:58] | You go that side. | 你去那边 |
[29:01] | While Charlie and Kaleb were collecting samples | 当查理和卡莱布收集样本 |
[29:03] | to ascertain the quality of what we’d harvested, | 以确定我们收获的作物的质量时 |
[29:07] | I was pulling together the last bits of revenue | 我正在整理开发非耕地计划的 |
[29:10] | from farming the unfarmed, | 最后几笔收入 |
[29:12] | with one unexpected income stream | 其中一笔意外收入 |
[29:15] | coming from what traditionally is our most jinxed crop. | 来自我们传统认为最倒霉的作物… |
[29:19] | Heel, heel. | 快来 过来! |
[29:20] | Potatoes. | 土豆 |
[29:24] | Arya, no, that’s my potatoes! No! | 艾莉亚…不行!那是我的土豆 不! |
[29:26] | Get off my potatoes! Go on this way. | 别在我的土豆上拉!走开 这边 |
[29:28] | No. You eejits. Go on. This way. | 不行!笨狗 快过来 |
[29:31] | Basically, Lisa had commandeered | 基本上 丽莎征用了一块 |
[29:34] | one of the fields I’d earmarked for mustard | 原本计划种植芥菜的地来种土豆 |
[29:36] | and planted spuds in it, | |
[29:38] | because she wanted to have another crack at making crisps. | 因为她想再尝试一次制作薯片 |
[29:43] | Do you know how many crisps people eat in England every year? | 你知道在英国 人们每年要吃多少薯片吗? |
[29:47] | – No. – Six billion. | – 不知道 – 六十亿 |
[29:48] | – Six billion packets of crisps? Packets. | – 六十亿包还是六十亿片? – 包 |
[29:51] | – It’s small wonder Lineker’s so rich. Yeah, exactly. | – 难怪莱因克尔这么有钱 – 好吃的薯片 没错 |
[29:55] | This all sounded very exciting. | 这听起来太令人兴奋了 |
[29:57] | But working out how we stood financially | 但在计算我们的财务状况时 |
[30:00] | triggered another bout of Diddly Squat maths. | 引发了新一轮 迪丽斯库阿特农场数学讨论 |
[30:05] | So we’ve got 50 tonnes. That’s… | 所以我们有五十吨 那是… |
[30:09] | Well, one tonne is a hundred thousand kilos, isn’t it? Yeah. | 一吨等于十万千克 |
[30:12] | Is it? | 对吧? 是吗? |
[30:13] | – What’s one tonne? | 一吨等于多少? |
[30:15] | A thousand kilogrammes. – A thousand kilogrammes is one tonne. | – 一千千克 |
[30:18] | Right. | – 一千千克等于一吨 好的 |
[30:19] | So it’s half a million grammes | 所以五十万克除以120 |
[30:21] | divided by 120. | |
[30:25] | So you should be getting… | – 应该是四千… |
[30:27] | Four million… | – 四百万… |
[30:28] | No, 4,200 packets of crisps out of here. | 不对 这里能生产四千两百包薯片 |
[30:31] | How do you… No! | 你怎么…那…你…不对 |
[30:33] | There’s a million grammes in a ton. | 一吨是一百万克 |
[30:35] | So it’s 50 million. | 所以是五十万 |
[30:37] | – I may have got my decimal point wrong. – I think you might have. | 我可能把小数点数错了 – |
[30:39] | – 400,000 packets of crisps. No. | 我觉得你可能算错了 – |
[30:41] | No. That’ll be 4,160,000… | 四十万包 那是四百一十六万包 |
[30:43] | Lisa, your business plans are worse than mine. | 你的商业计划比我的还糟 |
[30:45] | No. | – 我们看看芥末酱的数量 |
[30:46] | – Let’s see your numbers on mustard. – I haven’t done them. | – 我还没算过 |
[30:48] | How do you know you’re going to be ahead? | – 你怎么知道能做多少? |
[30:49] | It’s in my mind… | – 在我脑子里 |
[30:50] | Eventually, we agreed | 最终 |
[30:52] | the potatoes would bring in… something or other. | 我们同意 土豆能给我们带来一些收获 |
[30:57] | And then, I set off with my trailer, | 然后 我开着拖车出去 |
[31:00] | to harvest the mustard fields Lisa hadn’t commandeered. | 在丽莎没征用的芥菜田里进行收割 |
[31:10] | Ooh. This is gonna be tight. | 这个入口会很窄 |
[31:17] | I think that will just about get the tractor through, | 我觉得这大概刚好能让拖拉机通过 |
[31:21] | but what about the trailer? | 但拖车呢? |
[31:30] | Erm… | |
[31:38] | Shit… | 糟了 |
[31:46] | What the hell am I going to do now? | 我现在该怎么办? |
[31:54] | Well, how are we gonna get the combine in? | – 我们怎么把联合收割机开进去? |
[31:55] | Well, how are you gonna get the tractor moved? | – 你怎么把拖拉机移开? |
[31:57] | – I can get that out the way. – Go on then. Can you move this? | – 我们把它开走 – 那你去吧 你能移开这车吗? |
[32:00] | Because I’m properly stumped on that one. | 因为我彻底被绊住了 |
[32:08] | Don’t do that! Oh… | 这…别那样… |
[32:15] | I did not think of doing that. | 我没想到那么做 |
[32:20] | I did not think of doing that. | 这我倒是没想到 |
[32:26] | Bollocks. | 该死 |
[32:29] | Stu… | 别动… |
[32:31] | Fucking hell. | 他妈的 |
[32:33] | Theres’s drivers and there’s screwdrivers. | 司机有新老之分 |
[32:36] | And you’re a screwdriver. | 你就是新司机 |
[32:37] | No, I forgot I could lift it up. That would have got it through. | 不是…我忘了我可以把它抬起来 这样就能通过了 |
[32:40] | – Yeah. – But I forgot I could lift it up. | – 是啊 – 但我忘了我能把它抬起来 |
[32:42] | How are we gonna get that in, though, more importantly? | 但我们怎么把它开进来? |
[32:46] | Erm… | 这个问题更重要 |
[32:49] | The problem with planting crops on ground that’s not usually farmed, | 在通常不用来耕种的土地上 |
[32:53] | and I should have realised this, | 种植作物就会出现这种问题 我本来应该想到的 |
[32:56] | is that none of the gates | 这些大门 |
[32:57] | are designed for modern farm machinery. | 都不是为现代农业机械设计的 |
[33:03] | So, Simon and Kaleb had to make a long and irritating detour. | 所以西蒙和卡莱布不得不绕道 走又长又烦人的弯路 |
[33:08] | Jesus Christ. | 天啊 |
[33:11] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[33:13] | And then, to get into the actual mustard field, | 然后为了进入真正的芥菜地 |
[33:17] | we had to smash a fence down. | 我们不得不撞开围栏 |
[33:25] | Er, right. What are we doing here? | 好的 我们要做什么? |
[33:28] | This was the field where, five months earlier, | 这是五个月前 |
[33:31] | Kaleb had been less than impressed by my planting skills. | 卡莱布对我的种植技术 不以为然的地方 |
[33:36] | Look, you started drilling here, and then you come along. | 你看 你开始在这里种植 然后 你跟我来 |
[33:39] | Fucking great miss. | 漏了好大一块地 |
[33:42] | Oh look, another miss. | 你看 又漏了 |
[33:44] | But, now we were here, | 但现在我们站在这里 |
[33:46] | to me, the results looked pretty impressive. | 对我而言 结果已经很惊人了 |
[33:55] | So, once Simon had finished combining, | 所以西蒙用联合收割机收割完后 |
[33:59] | I brought my trailer in, ready to receive my load. | 我立刻把我的拖车开进去 准备装货 |
[34:07] | There’s the fan. | 风扇开启 |
[34:09] | And here comes the mustard. There it is, look at that! | 芥末来了 |
[34:13] | There’s tonnes of it! | 好的 看啊!好多啊 |
[34:21] | Is that it? | 这就没了? |
[34:25] | Right… | 是的 |
[34:33] | Well, I guess I better cancel the speedboat order. | 我觉得我最好取消快艇订单 |
[34:37] | Having readjusted my financial expectations, | 调整了我的财务预期后 |
[34:40] | I set about turning the few seeds I did have | 我开始把手头的几粒芥末籽 |
[34:44] | into a delicious mustard. | 变成美味的芥末酱 |
[34:47] | What I’ve done so far | 到目前为止 我所做的是 |
[34:48] | is put 1.3 litres of vegetable oil in there. | 把1.3升的植物油倒进去 |
[34:54] | I’m now going to add, for 40 jars, | 我现在要加… 这是做四十罐的量 |
[34:57] | 2.2 litres of cider vinegar. | 2.2升的苹果醋 |
[35:03] | I can see why James May decided to do a cookery show. | 我知道詹姆斯梅 为什么决定做烹饪节目了 |
[35:06] | You just sit down and put things in jars. | 只要坐下来 往罐子里加东西就行 |
[35:11] | Bee juice. | 蜂蜜 |
[35:14] | Cider! | 苹果酒 |
[35:15] | Ah! 400 millilitres. | 四百毫升 |
[35:19] | I may have overdone it with the cider but it’ll be fine. | 苹果酒可能放多了 但没事 |
[35:21] | Light, soft brown sugar. | 浅色软红糖 |
[35:25] | For the whisking, apparently, I have to be quite frantic. So… | 显然 我不得不疯狂地搅拌 |
[35:28] | I need a hat. Oh, here’s a… | 所以我需要一顶帽子 这是… |
[35:31] | Apparently, this is a hat. | 显然 这是一顶帽子 |
[35:38] | Now, my mustard seeds now need to be cracked | 现在 |
[35:42] | to let the stuff out of them. | 我的芥末籽 需要碾碎才能释放出里面的东西 |
[35:44] | And I have a mustard cracker. | 我有一台芥末籽碾磨机 |
[35:47] | You just put the seeds in… | 你只需要把芥末籽放进… |
[35:56] | Gotta take the lid off. | 忘记把盖子取下来了 |
[36:10] | Why’ve they put a bloody… | 他们为什么要他妈的把… |
[36:13] | Look at them. | 看看那个 |
[36:23] | Now, being careful to take the lid off your mustard cracker, | 现在小心地把盖子 从芥末籽碾磨机上取下来 |
[36:28] | pour these into the top. | 把这些从顶部倒进去 |
[36:34] | There we go. Lovely. | 好了 不错 |
[36:35] | Ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[36:42] | Right. Now, that doesn’t look very different, | 好了 现在这看起来没什么区别 |
[36:44] | but they have been cracked. | 但它们已经被碾碎了 |
[36:49] | And whisk away. | 好了 搅拌开 |
[36:52] | Once the finished mustard had been decanted into jars, | 把成品芥末酱倒进罐子里之后 |
[36:56] | I took all, erm… 36 of them | 我拿了36罐去农场商店 |
[37:00] | up to the farm shop. | |
[37:03] | Wooh! | |
[37:04] | Who thought! Check it out. | – 这是什么? – 你看看 |
[37:06] | “Jeremy’s Hot Seed.” | “杰里米的热辣种子” |
[37:07] | Well, you know, it’s mustard seed. Look. Cider and honey mustard. | 是芥末籽 你看 苹果酒蜂蜜芥末酱 |
[37:10] | “Hot seed”… | – 热辣种子 – 苹果酒… |
[37:12] | Those are cherries. | 那些樱桃 |
[37:13] | “Jeremy’s Hot Seed” with a cherry either side. | “杰里米的热辣种子” 两边各有一个樱桃 |
[37:16] | Yeah, I don’t know why. | 是的 我也不知道为什么 天啊 |
[37:18] | Is that an apple? | 这是苹果吗? |
[37:19] | It could be apples. Yeah, it’s apples. They’re apples. | 可能是苹果 没错 就是苹果 |
[37:22] | And they’re £6. | 一罐六英镑 |
[37:23] | But we need to explain… | 但我们需要解释 |
[37:25] | Hm… No, for this size… | 不 这个大小… |
[37:27] | No, I’ve really done the maths on this. | 不 不需要 我真的计算过了 |
[37:29] | £6. £7 in Dalesford. | 六英镑 戴尔斯福特卖七英镑 |
[37:33] | It’s quite small… Okay. £6, £5.50 each? | 这很小 好吧 6…5…5.5英镑? |
[37:36] | No, it’s £6! If you wanna lose money, it’s £5.50. | 不行 就六英镑 |
[37:39] | – It’s £6. – Okay. | 如果你不想亏损 那得卖5.5或6英镑 好的 |
[37:40] | – I promise you, it’s £6. – Okay. | – 我跟你保证这值六英镑… |
[37:43] | We were supposed to have grown… Erm… | – 好吧 …我们本来应该种… |
[37:46] | Are those Christmas balls local? | 那些圣诞装饰球是本地产的吗? |
[37:49] | Erm… | |
[37:53] | The next morning, | 第二天早上 |
[37:54] | Charlie came to see me with some important news, | 查理带着一些重要消息来找我 |
[37:58] | because he’d had the results from the quality tests | 因为他收到了庄稼质量测试的结果 |
[38:01] | on our crops. | |
[38:03] | Morning, Jeremy. – Charlie, how are you? | – 早上好 杰里米 – 查理 你好吗? |
[38:06] | And I must be honest, | 说实话 |
[38:08] | I was quite nervous. | 我很紧张 |
[38:11] | The milling wheat… The winter wheat is milling wheat. | 小麦粉 冬小麦适合研磨成小麦粉 |
[38:13] | Yeah, it’s made the grade. | – 它达到了标准 – 已经达到了…好的 |
[38:15] | Your durum wheat is exceptional. | 你的硬质小麦在某些方面很优秀 |
[38:18] | Ooh! – On some counts. | |
[38:20] | And not quite so exceptional on others. | 但在其他方面不太优秀 |
[38:26] | 15% moisture. Spot-on. Yeah. | 15%的水分 – 完全正确 – 对 |
[38:29] | -15.4. – Yeah. | – 蛋白质 15.4 – 对 |
[38:31] | – Exceptional. – Yeah. | – 非常优秀 – 好的 |
[38:33] | Hagberg. It’s meant to be 250. | 哈格伯格指数 |
[38:36] | It’s 133. | 应该是250 但你的是133 |
[38:41] | So, that’s how elastic the dough would be. | 这代表面团的弹性 |
[38:45] | It gives it a nice elasticity. So, stretchy dough. | 这使得面团具有很好的弹性 所以面团很有韧性 |
[38:48] | You know how pasta… | 你知道意大利面… |
[38:49] | I’d love to pretend I knew what that meant. | 我很乐意假装知道这是什么意思 |
[38:54] | It can’t be used. | 它用不了 |
[38:57] | – So we can’t make pasta out of it. We can’t make pasta out of it. | 所以我们…你不能用它做意大利面 我们不能用它做意大利面 |
[39:01] | So we just have to feed it to the cows that we don’t have. | 我们得把它喂给我们没有的奶牛 |
[39:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:06] | How many tonnes did we have? | 我们有多少吨? |
[39:08] | We had about 150. | 我们有大约150吨 |
[39:12] | 150 tonnes, | 150吨 |
[39:13] | and we should have got £400 a tonne for it. | 我们本应该每吨赚400英镑 |
[39:16] | – Yeah. That’s £60,000. | 对 |
[39:18] | And we’re actually going to get… | 总共六万英镑 我们实际上会收获… |
[39:20] | What do we get? | 我们从中获得… |
[39:21] | Probably, with feed wheat today, we’d make 175. | 可能按今天的饲料小麦价来算 |
[39:26] | 26,250. | 我们能卖175一吨 |
[39:28] | So we’ve lost £33,750. | 所以我们损失了33750英镑 |
[39:32] | So… -£33,750. | – 哎呀… – 33750英镑 |
[39:38] | Because it rained. | 因为下雨了 |
[39:41] | It doesn’t stop I’m afraid. | 恐怕还有更多坏消息 |
[39:43] | – So we’ve got… – What, it gets worse? | – 所以… – 还有更糟的吗? |
[39:44] | We’ve got the barley results back. | 我们收到了大麦的结果 |
[39:48] | So the barley… | 所以 大麦… |
[39:51] | Well, it won’t germinate. | 它不会发芽 因为它… |
[39:53] | Because some of it, as it says, it’s just dead. | 其中一些就像测试结果说的 已经死了 |
[39:56] | So it doesn’t have the required germination. | 所以它没有所需的发芽 |
[39:59] | So what does it mean? | 所以这是什么意思?我们不能… |
[40:00] | It means we can’t use it for malting barley. | 意思是我们不能用这些大麦 来酿啤酒花 |
[40:05] | Fucking hell. | 我的妈呀 |
[40:07] | How are we gonna make the beer? | 那我怎么酿啤酒? |
[40:12] | Erm… | |
[40:13] | And again, just forgetting the beer for the moment, | 而且 先不说酿酒了 |
[40:15] | what would we have achieved had we sold it? | 如果我们卖掉大麦能获利多少? |
[40:18] | There are about 180 tonnes of barley. | 大约有 180 吨大麦 |
[40:21] | And it would have gone for… | 它本来可以卖… |
[40:24] | 235. | 235英镑 |
[40:26] | – A tonne. Yeah. | – 一吨? – 对 |
[40:27] | So we’d have got £42,000, | 所以如果我们把大麦送去奥克斯顿 |
[40:30] | if we could have sent it down to Hawkstone. | 就能赚四万二千英镑 |
[40:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[40:32] | – And what are we going to get? – 160? | – 我们实际能卖多少? |
[40:37] | As animal feed again? | 又是动物饲料 |
[40:39] | – 28,000, so we’ve lost… – 14,000. | – 两万八 所以我们损失了… – 一万四 |
[40:42] | 14,000. | 一万四 |
[40:44] | So we’ve lost 14,000 on the barley. | 所以大麦我们损失了一万四 |
[40:47] | – 30,000… – 34,000. | – 三万… – 硬质小麦四千 |
[40:49] | 34,000 on pasta wheat. | 意大利面小麦三万四 |
[40:54] | Barley is a problem. | 大麦是个问题 |
[40:56] | That is a big problem. I’ve gotta ring the brewery now. | 是个大问题 我现在得给酿酒厂打电话 |
[40:58] | Your durum wheat, unless we can improve that a little bit, | 你的硬质小麦 除非品质能稍微改进一下 |
[41:03] | which it might improve in store, it sometimes does, | 可能在储存时会有所改善 有时确实会… |
[41:06] | it’s feed wheat. | 否则它得当饲料小麦了 |
[41:08] | But I’m not in full despair of this yet. | 但我还没有对此彻底绝望 |
[41:12] | Oh, it’s all fucking terrible news. | 全都是他妈的坏消息 |
[41:14] | So, we’ve… I… | 所以如果我… |
[41:16] | Yeah. I’m not enjoying this job this year. | 没错 今年这工作 我做得可不太开心 |
[41:23] | To cheer myself up after this dire forecast, | 在得知这些可怕的预测之后 |
[41:26] | I decided it was time to spring a nice surprise on Lisa. | 我决定给莉莎一个惊喜 来让自己振作起来 |
[41:32] | So, on a lovely sunny day, I drove us over to see Tim, | 所以在一个阳光明媚的日子里 |
[41:37] | the cow farmer. | 我开车载我们俩去见蒂姆 那位养牛的农民 |
[41:41] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[41:43] | – I like a little bit of a run-out. Aw! I know. | 我喜欢外出活动 我知道 |
[41:49] | No… | 不是吧 |
[41:52] | Pepper! | 胡椒! |
[41:53] | Aw! No way! Yeah. | – 不可能吧! – 没错 |
[41:56] | – We haven’t seen her for a year – Of course it is. Look at her face. | – 我们已经一年没见过它了 – 你看 看看它的脸 |
[41:58] | And the really big surprise. Yeah? | – 真是个大惊喜… – 是吗? |
[42:01] | That is Pepper’s calf. | 那是胡椒的孩子 |
[42:05] | I don’t understand. | – 太不可思议了 |
[42:07] | Pepper got pregnant. | – 胡椒怀孕了 |
[42:09] | – This is Pepper’s calf. – Aw! | 这是胡椒的孩子! |
[42:11] | Little… | 小家伙! |
[42:14] | You are the cutest little thing. You are a sweetheart. | – 你真可爱 – 你是最可爱的小东西 |
[42:17] | Look at the little Diddly Pepper! | 看看小迪丽胡椒 |
[42:21] | Really good-looking calf. | 这小牛长得真好看 |
[42:24] | Oh, look at her little… She’s got her little snubby face! | 看看它的小家伙…它也长着短翘鼻 胡椒 |
[42:28] | Pepper, well done. You look fantastic as well. | 干得好 你看起来也很棒 |
[42:34] | No, because when I said to Charlie, | 不 因为当我跟查理说 |
[42:37] | what will happen to Pepper when all the mothers… | “胡椒和其他牛妈妈们会怎么样?” |
[42:39] | Could we send them back to Tim? | – 嗯 -“能把它们送回蒂姆那里吗?” |
[42:40] | He said, “I wouldn’t ask questions that you don’t wanna hear the answer to.” | 他说:“我不会问 你不想听到答案的问题” |
[42:44] | Imagine my surprise when, nine months later… | 想象一下 九个月后 现在我们来到这里有多惊喜… |
[42:49] | That’s the best surprise you could have given me. | 那是你能给我的最好的惊喜 |
[42:52] | Aw! | |
[42:53] | Tim! | 蒂姆 |
[42:55] | How the bloody hell did you do that? | 你到底是怎么做到的? |
[42:57] | The same bull that was at yours. | – 就是你农场的那头公牛 – 不是吧! |
[42:59] | No. The same bull? | – 同一头? – 是的 |
[43:00] | Maestro? Yeah, Maestro. | – 大师? – 对 大师 |
[43:02] | Breakheart? Breakheart Maestro. | – 心碎大师? – 心碎大师 |
[43:04] | What, you mean we brought her back here and she got up the duff immediately? | 什么?你是说它… 我们把它送到这里 它就怀孕了? |
[43:07] | Yeah. About a month afterwards. | 是的 大约在来这里一个月后 |
[43:09] | That’s a bit rude, to be honest, Tim. | 说实话 这有点无礼 蒂姆 – |
[43:12] | – She didn’t like Oxfordshire, yeah? – She didn’t like Oxfordshire. | 它不喜欢牛津郡 – 是啊 它不喜欢牛津郡 |
[43:14] | She’s moved back into Northamptonshire. Yeah, she doesn’t like… | – 它搬回北安普敦郡 – 是的 它不喜欢… |
[43:18] | She doesn’t like the Oxford District Council. | 不喜欢牛津郡议会 |
[43:21] | Yeah, so a little heifer calf. That’s amazing. | – 这是一头小母牛犊 – 太棒了 |
[43:22] | And Rose and Harry have called her Tabatha. | 罗丝和哈里叫它塔巴莎 |
[43:25] | Tabatha? Or Tabby for short. Yeah. | – 塔巴莎? – 塔巴莎 或者简称为塔比 |
[43:28] | She’s quite a character. Is she? | – 那… – 它很有个性 – 是吗? – 是的 |
[43:30] | – Pepper and Tabby. – Pepper and Tabby, yeah. | 胡椒和塔比 – 胡椒和塔比 没错 – 太漂亮了 |
[43:33] | So gorgeous. And she’s a really good mum. | 是啊 它真的是个好妈妈 |
[43:36] | I’m just so thrilled. I know… | – 我太激动了 – 我知道 |
[43:41] | Now everything’s shit, apart from that. | 一切都糟透了 除了这个 |
[43:44] | That’s fantastic. | 那太棒了 |
[43:47] | The world’s most famous cow is now a mum. | 世界上最著名的奶牛现在当妈妈了 |
[44:03] | A week later, all the results from the harvest were in, | 一周后 收获的所有结果都出来了 |
[44:09] | which meant it was time for the grand whiteboard finale. | 这意味着 盛大的白板对决迎来了终章 |
[44:14] | Well, here we are. Big moment. | – 好了 – 重大时刻 |
[44:17] | Kaleb and I therefore met in the office | 卡莱布和我在办公室见面 看谁最终获胜 |
[44:20] | to find out who’d won. | 鸡蛋 猪 兽医费用 |
[44:24] | So… | 春大麦 |
[44:25] | By farming the unfarmed land of the farm… | 所以通过开发农场上的 – 非耕地… – 对 |
[44:32] | I made £27,614. | 我赚了27614英镑 |
[44:35] | Profit? | – 盈利? |
[44:36] | – Profit. Wow. | – 盈利 |
[44:38] | That is an awful lot of work | 这工作量非常大 |
[44:40] | for not quite enough money to buy a Mini Countryman. | 但挣的钱还不够 买一辆迷你库珀乡村人汽车的 |
[44:44] | I could earn more than that | 我在帕丁顿站 |
[44:46] | by making people cups of coffee on Paddington Station. | 给人冲咖啡都比这赚得多 |
[44:50] | – But… – It’s still a profit, though. | – 但是… – 但你还是盈利了 |
[44:52] | You’ve done better than I thought you would have. | 你做得比我想象的要好 |
[44:55] | Look at the cows. | 看看奶牛 |
[44:56] | The cow. That, honestly… | 奶牛…说实话 |
[44:58] | that is, as a cow farmer, | 作为一个养牛农户 |
[45:01] | that is amazing. | 那太棒了 |
[45:02] | – How many cows was that? – That was from five. | 有多少头奶牛? 那是五头奶牛赚的 |
[45:06] | £5,000 a cow. | 一头五千英镑? |
[45:07] | The average beef farmer now would be getting, as a fat cattle, | 现在 养牛农户的肥牛平均 |
[45:10] | maybe £1,800. | 可能能卖到1800英镑 |
[45:12] | Well that is because we got the burger van. | 那是因为我们有汉堡餐车 |
[45:14] | Yeah, we have an outlet for them. | – 对 |
[45:16] | Yeah. | 所以我们有销售渠道 – 是的 |
[45:17] | Mushrooms, look at that. | 蘑菇 看看这个数据 |
[45:19] | That’s… I mean, we should definitely do more mushrooms. | 那…我的意思是… 我们当然应该种更多蘑菇 |
[45:22] | Look at that. – But not like eat more mushrooms. | – 看啊 – 不是吃更多蘑菇 蘑菇的利润接近七千英镑 – 那很好 – 那是个好主意 山羊… |
[45:25] | Nearly £7,000 profit on mushrooms. That was a good idea. | |
[45:28] | The goats… | |
[45:29] | – Are you gonna keep the goats? – Yeah, of course. | – 我们要留着山羊? – 我们要留着山羊 |
[45:31] | You should slaughter them. | 应该宰了它们 |
[45:33] | What do you mean “slaughter them”? | “宰了它们”是什么意思? |
[45:34] | – You should kill them, and then eat them. – No! | – 你应该宰了它们吃肉 – 不行 |
[45:36] | – No! – They’re 29 boy goats. | 不可以! 那是29只公山羊 却一点用都没有 不 我喜欢它们 荨麻 彻底失败 是的 我们别再弄了 |
[45:38] | – You can’t do anything with them. – No. I like them. | |
[45:40] | – Nettles, total disaster. – Yeah, let’s not do that. | |
[45:44] | – The venison… – I think we should keep doing it, | – 鹿肉 – 有… |
[45:48] | because there’s so many deer around. | 我们应该继续 – 我们必须继续猎鹿 – 因为周围鹿群数量过多 |
[45:50] | I mean, the upshot is, it didn’t lose money. | 重点是它没赔钱 你的利润是27614英镑 但工作量很大 |
[45:54] | You got a profit of £27,014, but it was a lot of work. | – 是的 – 你们好 |
[45:58] | Hello. – All right, Charlie. | – 嗨 查理 – 你好吗? |
[45:59] | Hi. How are you? – Just doing my numbers. | – 你好吗? – 我们在算利润 |
[46:01] | That’s very good. | – 真好 |
[46:03] | Look at this. | – 我收获了…看看这个 |
[46:05] | A 30% uplift on farming the unfarmed. | 开发非耕地增长了30% |
[46:07] | That’s a 50% uplift. | 是增长了50% |
[46:10] | – No. Yes. | – 不是 – 没错 |
[46:13] | Why is it? – Because you’ve made 27,000, | 为什么? 因为你赚了两万七 |
[46:15] | and you’ve spent 50… | 而你花了… – 五万三 |
[46:17] | 53. – Just under 54. | – 不到五万四 没错 |
[46:18] | So… | 所以… |
[46:20] | If you gave me a pound, | 如果你给我一英镑 |
[46:22] | I’ve given you £1,50 back. | 我会还给你1.5英镑 |
[46:23] | – That’s exactly what’s just happened. – Oh. | 情况就是这样 |
[46:27] | – Oh, I’ve… I’m so fucking confused. | – 嗯… – 我太他妈困惑了 |
[46:29] | I don’t get it. Anyway. | 我不理解 总之 我们没赔钱 – 这很重要 – 它赚钱了 我赚钱了 总之… |
[46:32] | We haven’t lost money. That’s the important thing! | |
[46:34] | – He’s made a profit! – I’ve made a profit. | |
[46:36] | With my side out of the way, | 在算好我这边的数据后 |
[46:38] | it was now time for Charlie to let Kaleb know how he’d done. | 是时候让查理揭晓卡莱布的成绩了 |
[46:42] | Right. Green or red? | 好的 红色还是绿色? |
[46:44] | You want the red one first. | – 你… – 不 我会看看 不…你们想先知道红色亏损项 |
[46:47] | So, contractors, this is paying you, paying Simon, | 所以承包商 这是支付给你和西蒙的钱 |
[46:52] | and hiring. | 雇佣费46279英镑 |
[46:53] | £46,279. | |
[46:58] | OK? | 好的 |
[46:59] | So that gave you a total cost… | 所以总成本为183000英镑 |
[47:02] | 183,000. | |
[47:04] | – 100… £183,011. | 83011英镑 |
[47:07] | 011 – 0,1,1. – 180? | |
[47:10] | So that’s how much… | 180…那是多少钱? |
[47:10] | It’s mad to think you’ve gotta spend that to grow food. | 想想花这么多钱种食物真是太疯狂了 |
[47:13] | That, all that cost, is to simply… | 那成本只是… |
[47:15] | I know. And then, | – 我知道 然后我们还没…就… |
[47:17] | we haven’t… Now my heart’s really going to pitter-patter. | – 所以… 现在我心跳得飞快 因为… |
[47:20] | So is mine. So, rapeseed. | – 我也是 – 所以 油菜籽… |
[47:22] | – Green pen, isn’t it? Green pen. | – 用绿笔 对吧? – 绿笔 |
[47:24] | Rape, we actually… There was more of it than… | 油菜 |
[47:27] | £10,172. | 我们实际赚的 比10172英镑多 |
[47:30] | So, it looks like you were right to plant rape. | 所以看起来你种油菜种对了 |
[47:33] | Right and wrong. | 对也不对 |
[47:34] | One field was very, very poor, yes? | 有一块地产量极低 对吧? |
[47:37] | But luckily, and I thank Berry Hill South for this, | 但幸运的是 我要为此感谢贝里希尔南 |
[47:40] | we had a really good harvest in there. | 我们在那里的收成很好 |
[47:42] | – And the yield… – Was really high. | 产量… 非常高 |
[47:45] | – The one that looked awful… – Was good. | 看起来很糟糕的那块地… – 很好 – …很好 |
[47:48] | – And the field that looked… – But if you hadn’t grown rape, | – 那块地看起来… – 但如果你没种油菜 |
[47:52] | you would have planted something else | – 你会种别的东西… – 对 |
[47:53] | which would have been even more profitable than that. | …可能会盈利更多 |
[47:56] | Yes. But luckily, I covered my costs and made a little bit on the rape. | 幸好 我种油菜覆盖了成本 还赚了一点 |
[47:59] | No, you have. | 是的 好的 |
[48:00] | Okay, good. All right. What have we got next? | 很好 – 好的 |
[48:03] | – Wheat. Wheat. | 下一个是什么? – 小麦 |
[48:04] | Er, the good news: it made milling. | 小麦 好消息 它可以做成小麦粉 |
[48:07] | And we put… Yes. | – 而且… – 我们把…好样的 |
[48:08] | Yeah, the winter wheat… | 没错 冬小麦… |
[48:10] | – So that’s bread, it’s human food. – Bread wheat. | – 所以那是面包 是人类食物 – 面包 没错 |
[48:12] | £93,204. | 93204英镑 |
[48:16] | And that’s at £250 a tonne. | 那是 250英镑一吨 |
[48:19] | £250 a tonne, yeah. | 250英镑一吨 没错 |
[48:21] | Come on, let’s keep going. | 来吧 我们继续 |
[48:22] | – Oats made milling. Yeah. | – 燕麦碾磨了 – 燕麦 好的 |
[48:24] | There’s been a real disaster in Northern Europe this year with oats. | 谁能想到呢? 今年整个北欧出现了灾害 所以… |
[48:28] | What a rotten bit of luck for the Finns. | 芬兰真是倒大霉了 |
[48:31] | £26,835. | 26835英镑 |
[48:35] | Then we come down to grass seed, which was your haylage field | 然后来看草籽 |
[48:38] | – at the top. – Yup. | 就是你顶部的青贮饲料地 |
[48:39] | 4,890. | 对 |
[48:42] | How many cuts did you get, in the end? | 你收割了多少次? |
[48:44] | Three. – You did get three? | – 三次 – 收割了三次? |
[48:46] | But it didn’t make any hay. | 三次 但没有干草 |
[48:48] | So we won’t be able to sell any to Amanda Holden. | 所以我们不能卖给阿曼达霍顿 |
[48:50] | No, unfortunately not. | 很不幸 不行 |
[48:51] | – Andy Cato’s field? Wildfarmed. | – 安迪卡托的地 – 野生农场 |
[48:53] | £7,206. | 7206英镑 |
[48:57] | It’s not as good as our best wheat field, but it’s better than our worst. | 它的收成不如我们最好的麦田 但比我们最差的麦田好 |
[49:00] | So that’s made a profit. | 那盈利了 |
[49:02] | If that was winter wheat, we’d have got… | 如果那算到那批小麦种 我们就能到那里 |
[49:04] | No, no. Ah, ah. If I might. | – 好的 – |
[49:06] | Let’s be positive. | 不行 如果可以的话 我们积极一点 |
[49:08] | Okay, you might have earned more if we’d have farmed your way. | 好的 如果我们按照 你的方法种那块地 我们可能赚的更多 |
[49:14] | But we haven’t lost any money. | 但我们没有亏 |
[49:15] | And we might, and hopefully we have… | 我们可能会 而且希望我们已经… |
[49:18] | Improved the soil. – Improved the soil. | – 改善了土壤 – 改善了土壤 |
[49:20] | And that is something I’m… | 这是我… |
[49:22] | I don’t wanna sound like some virtue-signalling idiot on Instagram, | 我不想在照片墙上歌功颂德 |
[49:25] | but I do care about the soil. So that’s… good. | 但我的确关心土壤情况 所以那样… |
[49:30] | Durum wheat? Pasta? | 很好 硬质小麦意大利面 |
[49:35] | You didn’t think it was gonna make it, did you? | 你没想到它能成功吧? |
[49:37] | No, and it has. | 没想到 但确实成功了 |
[49:39] | – Has it? So… | – 是吗? |
[49:41] | it got up to 170 Hagberg, | – 它达到了… 它的哈格伯格数值为170 |
[49:44] | but because this year’s been so difficult, you know, | 但因为今年太难了 我们跟马修斯磨坊合作 |
[49:48] | we’ve worked with Matthew, they’ve milled it and made a grist, | 他们碾磨了这种作物 |
[49:50] | so it’s made pasta. | 做成了一种谷物 从而做了意大利面 |
[49:52] | – Yes! That is good news. | – 好耶! – 这是好消息 |
[49:54] | We got milling on the wheat. | 但是… 我们小麦也达到了磨粉标准 对吧?所以… |
[49:58] | £60,165. | 60165英镑 |
[50:02] | – | – We are going to… 60,000… |
[50:06] | 1, 6, 5. 1, 6, 5! | 我们要… |
[50:11] | That looks like a good round number, doesn’t it there? Look at it! | 这数字看起来不错 对吧?看看 |
[50:15] | Jesus Christ. It’s fantastic. | 天啊 那太棒了 |
[50:17] | However, spring barley… Here it is. | 然而 春大麦… – 该来的来咯 – 这是… |
[50:21] | We can’t use it to make Hawkstone beer, can we? | 我们不能用它 来酿豪客斯通啤酒 对吧? |
[50:23] | It’s the finest quality animal feed. | 它是最优质的动物饲料 |
[50:27] | 25,526. | |
[50:31] | But if we got malting on the spring barley, | 如果我们用春大麦来酿啤酒花 |
[50:34] | we would have made £60,000? | 那我们能赚六万英镑? |
[50:35] | Pretty much double. | 差不多能翻倍 双倍 |
[50:38] | Okay. | – 好的 |
[50:40] | Now can we do the adding up? This is the important thing. | 现在我们把钱加起来? – 好的 |
[50:42] | So, green pen, bottom right. – You’ve gotta beat 27,600. | – 这很重要 – |
[50:45] | So, 200… | 绿笔右下方? – 必须多于27600才能… |
[50:48] | What? | 什么? |
[50:49] | And 27,998. | |
[50:55] | – So your total, at the top, is 44,000… | 所以卡莱布 在顶端 |
[50:58] | He’s beating me. | – 写上44987 |
[50:59] | 987. | – 他赢了 |
[51:02] | Well, there you go. | 好了 |
[51:03] | Wooh! | |
[51:05] | Well done. First year of being farm manager | 干得好 |
[51:08] | and you’ve kicked my arse completely. | 第一年当农场经理 你就彻底赢了我 |
[51:10] | But we’re a team. | 但我们是一个团队 |
[51:11] | So if we add those two together… 40, 50… | 所以如果我们把两边加起来 |
[51:15] | 4、5… 72,5. | |
[51:16] | 72. £72,000. | – 七万二千英镑 |
[51:18] | – Well, I mean, that is pretty… A thousand acres. | – 那… |
[51:20] | It’s £72 an acre. | – 一千英亩 平均每英亩72英镑 |
[51:23] | We can go to the pub today then. | 那今天要去酒吧庆祝下吗? |
[51:25] | But, Kaleb, as you know, | 但是卡莱布 如你所知 |
[51:27] | farms always demand cash, don’t they? | 农场总需要现金 对吧? |
[51:29] | And we’ve started next year’s cycle. | – 我们已经开始了下一个周期 – 是啊 |
[51:31] | So actually, I need all of that to fund the seed, | 所以其实 我需要所有钱 来购买种子、肥料 |
[51:34] | – the fertiliser and the sprays. – What? | – 还有喷雾剂… – 什么? |
[51:36] | – So we can’t go to the pub? No. | – 所以我们不能去酒吧? |
[51:39] | – What, you need every single penny? Every single penny. | – 不行 你需要一分一厘? |
[51:43] | The seed, ferts and sprays. That’s not even covering the contracting charge. | 一分一厘 下一年的种子、肥料、喷雾剂 那些钱甚至都不够支付承包商的费用 |
[51:48] | So, I’ll take you for a pint then. | 所以我带你去喝一杯 |
[51:51] | I’ll tell you something else. | 我再告诉你一件事 如果我没有开发非耕地 |
[51:52] | If I hadn’t have farmed the unfarmed, we’d be in trouble. | – 我们会有麻烦的 |
[51:55] | Yeah. | – 是啊 |
[51:57] | The other thing as well | 还有件事 |
[51:59] | is that, again, I’m in the fortunate position of having other income streams. | 再次申明 我很幸运有其他收入来源 |
[52:05] | But if you’re a normal farmer and this is your full-time and only job, | 但如果你是一个普通农民 而且这是你唯一的全职工作 |
[52:11] | you get two years where you don’t make any money… | 你有两年根本赚不到钱 – |
[52:14] | – Yeah. – You’re screwed. | 是啊 – |
[52:16] | It’s really tough. | 你完蛋了 这真的很难 |
[52:17] | Because of the fluctuations we saw in the price of wheat | 因为我们看到小麦的价格波动 |
[52:21] | – and in the price of fertiliser… Yeah. | – 化肥价格也在波动… – 是的 |
[52:24] | You don’t know where you are. You can’t plan. | 你不知道自己的处境 无法计划 |
[52:26] | Literally a butterfly can flap its wings in China and you go bankrupt. | 说真的 一只蝴蝶在中国拍打翅膀 都可能导致你破产 |
[52:31] | It’s that nuts. | 这太疯狂了 |
[52:34] | You used to have a relatively stable income | 你以前在津贴方面 |
[52:38] | in terms of subsidies but they’re going. | 有相对稳定的收入 但津贴会减少 真的很难获得… |
[52:40] | – It’s really hard to… I’d like to think | 我认为农业的未来充满光明 |
[52:42] | the future of farming is bright and light for young generations coming in. | 年轻一代加入其中 尤其是我 |
[52:45] | Especially me! I’m 25 years old. | – 我25岁 – 但怎么个光明法? |
[52:47] | I’ve got maybe potentially 60 harvests left. | 我可能还能经历60个收获季 |
[52:49] | How? How? | 怎么可能? |
[52:50] | I don’t know! I honestly don’t know. | 我不知道 真的不知道 |
[52:53] | – How? But I want to stay positive | 怎么可能? |
[52:54] | because I love what I do. | 但我想保持乐观 因为我喜欢我做的事 |
[53:00] | I’m gonna speak to the president again. The Prime Minister, sorry. | 我会再跟总统聊聊 抱歉 |
[53:02] | President! Fucking hell. | 是首相 他妈的 |
[53:05] | President… | 总统 |
[53:09] | It was hard, giving Charlie every penny we’d made | 把我们赚的一分一厘都给查理 |
[53:13] | to buy seed and fertiliser for the following year. | 去买下一年的种子和肥料 令人很难接受… |
[53:19] | Because it meant we’d been through a lot | 因为这意味着我们经历了这么多 |
[53:22] | to earn nothing at all. | 却一无所获 |
[53:25] | ♪ Well I think it’s fine ♪ | 关门通知 |
[53:29] | ♪ Building jumbo planes ♪ | |
[53:33] | ♪ Or taking a ride ♪ | |
[53:37] | ♪ On a cosmic train ♪ | |
[53:42] | ♪ I know we’ve come a long way ♪ | |
[53:46] | ♪ We’re changing day to day ♪ | |
[53:50] | ♪ But tell me, where do the children play? ♪ | |
[54:00] | ♪ When you crack the sky ♪ | |
[54:02] | ♪ Scrapers fill the air ♪ | |
[54:06] | ♪ But will you keep on building higher ♪ | |
[54:09] | ♪ Til there’s no more room up there? ♪ | |
[54:13] | ♪ I know we’ve come a long way ♪ | |
[54:16] | ♪ We’re changing day to day ♪ | |
[54:20] | ♪ But tell me, where do the children play? ♪ | |
[54:33] | Yup. It had been yet another tumultuous year. | 没错 又是纷乱的一年 |
[54:39] | But, as is now customary, | 但按照惯例 |
[54:41] | Team Diddly Squat gathered to mark its passing… | 迪丽斯库阿特团队 齐聚在树林里野餐… |
[54:47] | With a picnic in the woods | 纪念这一年的逝去 |
[54:49] | next to one of my lesser triumphs. | 而地方刚好在不太成功的项目旁 |
[54:54] | Dam’s not quite finished. | – 堤坝还没完成 |
[54:56] | Look at it! | – 你们看 |
[54:58] | You know we’ve gone backwards. I was about to say. | 我们已经倒退了 |
[55:00] | – Have you actually started it? It’s such a mess. | 我正要说你们真的开始修了吗? 真是一团糟 |
[55:02] | That is a disgrace, to be honest. Both of you. | 老实说 对你们俩来说都是羞耻 |
[55:04] | It’s like a pair of children have been playing down there, innit? | 就像是俩孩子在这里玩一样 对吧? |
[55:07] | – Yeah. – What? | – 是的 – 什么? |
[55:10] | That’s exactly what it is. | 就是这样 |
[55:12] | Wow! | |
[55:15] | Dogs are still untrained. | 狗还没训练好 |
[55:17] | You are filthy! No, go away. Go away. | – 你太脏了 – 不行 走开 |
[55:21] | I was thinking the other day. | 我有天在想 |
[55:24] | Farmers moan. Often with good reason. | 农民的抱怨通常都有合理的理由 |
[55:28] | Bloody difficult. Don’t get much pay. | 太难了 收入不多 |
[55:31] | Get lambasted by everybody for harming the environment. | 被所有人痛斥破坏环境 |
[55:35] | Why are they fighting to keep the industry going? | 他们为什么还在坚持? 他们为什么还努力 让这个行业存在下去? |
[55:39] | You know, why would you? | 现在该问你们为什么还在坚持? |
[55:40] | And then I remembered you saying four years ago, | 然后 我记得四年前 |
[55:44] | “It’s a way of life, farming.” | 你说务农是一种生活方式 |
[55:46] | – You’d agree. Yeah. | – 你同意吗? – 同意 |
[55:49] | Yeah. I mean, you know, in the first year I went, | 没错 第一年 我在考虑 |
[55:51] | “Shall I go back to London or shall I stay here?” | “我应该回伦敦 还是留在这里?” |
[55:54] | It doesn’t even enter my head… | 后来我再也没有过这种想法 没有… |
[55:56] | – Oh, fuck. | 该死! |
[56:00] | It doesn’t even enter my head now. | – 我现在完全没这想法了 – 没有了 |
[56:02] | I mean, I’ve gotta go to London next Tuesday… | 我下周二得去伦敦 |
[56:05] | I’m already dreading it and trying to think of excuses for not going. | 我已经开始害怕了 正在想着找借口不去 |
[56:09] | – You know you went away to Africa? Yeah. | – 你之前去非洲时… – 对 |
[56:11] | – I hate to admit this. Yeah. | – 我不愿承认… – 嗯 |
[56:13] | I kinda missed you. | 我有点想你 |
[56:16] | The plane’s gonna crash just as you say that. | 你这话说的 怕是太阳打西边出来了吧 |
[56:19] | When you said “kind of”… | 你说“有点” 真的吗? |
[56:21] | Really? | 我很想他这个人 但不想他来农场帮忙 |
[56:22] | I missed him as a person, not his helping on the farm. | 我很想他这个人 但不想他来农场帮忙 |
[56:25] | – What do you want, Kaleb? – Our little cup of teas, | – 你想要干什么 卡莱布? – 我们的茶 我们闲聊 周末出去吃饭 闲聊 聊农业 还有… |
[56:27] | our little chats, our meal out on the weekend, our chit-chats, | |
[56:31] | farming chats, and… | |
[56:34] | – You do need that community around. – Yeah. | – 你确实需要农民这个群体 – 是的 |
[56:35] | You do need that sort of… Otherwise, it’s quite a lonely… | – 你的确需要… – 这很重要 – 没错 – 否则 这很孤单… |
[56:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[56:40] | And we’ve had the usual year of rows, difficulties, | 我们度过了平常的一年 |
[56:43] | bad weather, disappointments, deaths. | 遇到了各种困难、恶劣天气 失望、死亡 |
[56:46] | The pigs were just awful. Baroness and so on. | 猪的事很糟糕 男爵夫人等等 |
[56:49] | But, let us look at it this way. | 但让我们从这个角度来看 |
[56:53] | I became a grandfather for the first time, | 自从我们上次来到这里以后 |
[56:55] | since we were last here. | 我第一次当上了外公 |
[56:57] | You became a father again. | 你又当了父亲 |
[57:00] | And you, | 而你杰拉德 |
[57:01] | the G Dog, beat the Big C. | 战胜了癌症 |
[57:04] | Yeah. | – 对 – 说得没错 |
[57:05] | We can drink to that. – Yeah. | – 我们要为此干杯 – 是的 |
[57:07] | – Cheers. Well done, mate. | – 干杯!各位 干杯 |
[57:08] | Well done, well done. – Cheers. Thank you. | – 干得好 伙计 干得好 |
[57:10] | – Well done. – Thank you. | – 谢谢 – 谢谢 |
[57:13] | – And thank you. You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[57:14] | Thank you everybody for helping to make this the best job in the world. | 各位 谢谢你们帮忙 让这变成了世界上最好的工作 |
[57:18] | I would like to thank everybody, | 我要感谢大家 |
[57:21] | all the film crew and all of my friends here. | 感谢摄制组的所有人和每个… 我这里的所有朋友 |
[57:24] | All of you have been so kind to me and my family. | 你们都对我和我的家人非常友好 |
[57:29] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[57:31] | Gerald, that’s brilliant. We’re here for you all the time. | – 你太棒了 – 我们一直都支持你 |
[57:34] | That’s good. | – 很好 |
[57:35] | Cheers. | 干杯! – 干得好!干杯! |
[57:36] | Cheers, guys. | 干杯 各位 |
[57:43] | ♪ I was born in the wagon of a travelin’ show ♪ | 演员包括… |
[57:46] | ♪ My mama used to dance for the money they’d throw ♪ | |
[57:49] | ♪ Papa would do whatever he could ♪ | 艾伦 |
[57:54] | ♪ Preach a little gospel ♪ | 艾莉亚和珊莎 |
[57:56] | ♪ Sell a couple bottles of Doctor Good ♪ | 安迪 |
[58:01] | ♪ Gypsies, tramps, and thieves ♪ ♪ We’d hear it from the people of the town ♪ | 杰拉德 |
[58:06] | ♪ They’d call us gypsies, tramps, and thieves ♪ ♪ But every night all the men would come around ♪ ♪ And lay their money down ♪ | 查理 |
[58:18] | ♪ I never had schoolin’ but he taught me well ♪ ♪ With his smooth southern style ♪ ♪ Three months later, I’m a gal in trouble ♪ | 丽莎 |
[58:25] | ♪ And I haven’t seen him for a while ♪ | 卡莱布 |
[58:32] | ♪ I haven’t seen him for a while ♪ | 和杰里米 一切尽在 |
[58:39] | ♪ She was born in the wagon of a travelin’ show ♪ ♪ Her mama had to dance for the money they’d throw ♪ ♪ Grandpa’d do whatever he could ♪ ♪ Preach a little gospel ♪ ♪ And sell a couple bottles of Doctor Good ♪ | 克拉克森的农场 |
[58:57] | ♪ Gypsies, tramps, and thieves ♪ ♪ We’d hear it from the people of the town ♪ ♪ They’d call us gypsies, tramps, and thieves ♪ ♪ But every night all the men would come around ♪ | 创意监督: |
[59:10] | ♪ And lay their money down ♪ | 杨婕 |