时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | Now that we were heading into high summer, | 现在我们正在步入盛夏 |
[00:34] | it was time for one of the most enjoyable jobs | 是时候完成农事日历中 |
[00:37] | on the farming calendar: | 最令人愉悦的工作了 |
[00:40] | putting the cows back in the fields | 把冬天关在大棚里的奶牛 |
[00:42] | after their winter confinement in the shed. | 赶回田地里 |
[00:47] | Right, so we get four in the trailer and off to Cow Ground. | 没错 我们把四头赶进拖车里 然后出发去奶牛牧场 |
[00:51] | Yep. | 对 |
[00:55] | Open that gate up. | 好了 把门打开 |
[00:59] | I like working with you now. | 我现在喜欢跟你合作了 |
[01:02] | What, you didn’t used to? No. | – 怎么 你以前不喜欢? – 不喜欢 |
[01:07] | Go on then, cows. Good cows. | 走吧 奶牛 乖乖牛 |
[01:08] | – Go on. Yes. Get on. | 走啊 – 上去 – 对咯 |
[01:10] | Go on. There we go. | – 继续走 – 这就对了 |
[01:12] | Go on. | 继续 |
[01:15] | Right. | 好了 |
[01:16] | Are you gonna go on your own and I’ll get the next four in? | 你自己去行吗?我再赶四头牛进来 |
[01:22] | This is one of my favourite days, | 将奶牛送回地里是我最爱的日子之一 |
[01:24] | releasing the cows into the fields, | 因为它们非常开心 |
[01:27] | because they’re so happy after… What? | 关了多久了? |
[01:31] | Five, six months being locked up in the barn? | 它们在谷仓里关了五六个月 |
[01:34] | They suddenly have the freedom, all that grass. | 然后突然获得自由 在那草地上 |
[01:36] | And it’s like: “Oh, I remember.” | 它们就像是在说:“我记得!” |
[01:40] | I arrived at the cow field, | 我到了奶牛牧场 |
[01:42] | remembering well the last time we did this. | 我很清楚地记得上次放牛回去的场景 |
[01:47] | Look at them! Excited cows! | 看看它们!兴奋的奶牛!自由啦! |
[01:48] | Free! | |
[01:49] | Hey. | 这就对了!非常开心 |
[01:51] | – So happy! | |
[01:53] | “I’m free and out!” | 我自由了 我出来了 |
[01:57] | And he released the raptors. | 现在可以放飞“猛禽”了 |
[02:02] | Wait. | 等等 |
[02:07] | There. You’re free. Now go. | 好了 你们自由了 现在出去吧 |
[02:18] | Is that it? | 就这? |
[02:23] | Come on! Where’s all the running around? | 拜托 怎么不跑了? |
[02:24] | You’re supposed to dance around and be happy. | 你们应该跳舞 应该开心啊 |
[02:30] | You ungrateful bastards. | 你们这群忘恩负义的混蛋 |
[02:37] | After that letdown, I went to inspect my Space Penises, | 经历了失望以后 我前去检查我的太空阴茎 |
[02:42] | fully expecting some more disappointment. | 我预计会更加失望 |
[02:47] | Right. | 好的 |
[02:48] | I’m rather optimistically going to bring… | 我相当乐观地带了… |
[02:52] | One crate? Two crates. | 一…两个板条箱 |
[02:53] | Two crates for my mushrooms. | 带了两个用来装蘑菇的板条箱 |
[02:56] | I’ll get into my Darth Vader outfit. | 穿上达斯维达式制服 |
[02:59] | My rubber gloves on. | 戴上橡胶手套 |
[03:07] | Yay! Holy Moly! | 天啊! |
[03:10] | Look at those. | 看看那些 |
[03:13] | And those! | 还有那些 |
[03:15] | This is amazing. | 太神奇了 |
[03:18] | Look at these beauties. Look at this. | 看看这些漂亮的蘑菇 看这个 |
[03:21] | This could work. This could actually work. | 这行得通 真的行得通 |
[03:25] | So what you do to pick them, | 怎么采摘蘑菇呢? |
[03:27] | it’s a twisting, strangling motion like… | 是把它扭下来 像绞杀一样… |
[03:31] | That’s not quite right. | 这不太对 |
[03:35] | God! I’m having mushrooms on toast tonight. | 天啊 我今晚要吃蘑菇吐司 |
[03:40] | Having boxed up the mushrooms, | 把蘑菇装箱后… |
[03:43] | I high-tailed it over to the farm shop | 迪丽斯库阿特农场商店 |
[03:46] | before it opened for business. | 我迅速赶在农场商店 开门营业前赶到店里 |
[03:49] | Lisa? Yeah. | – 丽莎 – 怎么了? |
[03:51] | – I’ve got good news. Yeah? | – 我有个好消息 – |
[03:53] | Wow! They’re beautiful. | 什么? – 它们太美了 |
[03:56] | – They are, aren’t they? – What are they? | – 是吧? – |
[03:58] | – Grey oyster mushrooms. – Oh, my God. | 这是什么品种? – 灰蚝菇 |
[04:00] | I’ve made a thing for them. | – 天啊 – 我给它们做了个小黑板 迪丽斯库阿特产的蘑菇 |
[04:02] | – So we’re selling them by the punnet. – Yeah. | – 我们要用小篮子卖这些蘑菇 – 好的 |
[04:04] | How much do you reckon for a punnet? | 你觉得一篮要卖多少钱? |
[04:06] | I say £3, £3,50. – Yeah. | 我觉得3英镑、3.5英镑 |
[04:08] | We then went to show them to Scott, | – 好的 – 然后我们把它们拿给斯科特看 |
[04:11] | the chef in the shop’s burger van. | 他是商店汉堡车的大厨 |
[04:13] | – Wow. – Aren’t they beautiful? | – 看这些蘑菇 – 哇 – 漂亮吧? – 这些是种在… – 对! – 这些是我们种的 – 我们将有定期供应的蘑菇 – 大约18 |
[04:15] | These are all grown up at the… Yes. | |
[04:16] | We’re growing these. We’re gonna have a regular supply of mushrooms. | |
[04:20] | We can do mushrooms on toast or something in the mornings. | 我们早上可以吃蘑菇吐司 |
[04:22] | – Yeah, mushrooms on toast. Yeah! Amazing. | – 对 蘑菇吐司 – 太棒了 |
[04:24] | Everybody wants mushrooms on toast. | 大家都想吃蘑菇吐司 |
[04:26] | We can make mushroom ketchup if you get to the end and you’ve got loads left. | 如果最后还剩了很多 我们或许可以做蘑菇酱 |
[04:29] | Ooh! – Nice! | 很好 |
[04:31] | – Yeah? – Mushroom soup? | – 对 – 蘑菇汤? |
[04:32] | Yeah. Whatever you like. | 你想怎么做都行 |
[04:33] | – Vegan burger. – Yeah! | – 我们可以疯狂吃蘑菇了 – 素汉堡 |
[04:34] | – Finally we get… Oh, it’s not vegan. Shit. | – 对 – 最后 我们会… – 这不是素的 – 该死 嗯 |
[04:39] | What have you done? | 你做了什么? |
[04:41] | What’s wrong, love? | 怎么了 亲爱的? |
[04:44] | Oh no. What’s wrong? | 不 怎么了? |
[04:46] | Are you all right? | – 你还好吗? – 好的 你… |
[04:48] | Are you crying or laughing? | 你是在哭还是在笑? |
[04:49] | We’ve won the appeal. | 我们胜诉了 |
[04:51] | Shut up! | 不是吧 |
[04:52] | No way! – Ah, nice! | – 不可能! – 真的? – 对 – 太棒了! |
[04:56] | Oh, my God! | 天啊! |
[04:57] | We’ve won the appeal! | – 干得好 |
[04:59] | – Oh wow! What happened? Tell me! | – 我们胜诉了 天啊!跟我说说 |
[05:02] | – Stop the lights. – I’m reading it. | – 好家伙 – 我正在看 |
[05:04] | Well done, guys. | – 嘿 – 干得好 各位 |
[05:06] | – Oh, my God! Oh, God. | – 天啊 – 天! |
[05:07] | I’ve been so worried. | – 干得好 – 我一直很担心 |
[05:09] | – It’s a hell of a long document but… – Bloody hell. That’s juicy. | – 这文件可真长 但… – 真长啊 |
[05:12] | Point 41: | “第41点 |
[05:14] | “I shall for the purposes of clarity and understanding,” | “为了让人清楚且理解 我会…” |
[05:16] | this is the planning inspector, | 这是规划督察员的话 |
[05:19] | “correct the allegation to a change of use to a mixed use | “…更正指控 修改为综合用途 |
[05:23] | comprising agriculture, café, | “包括农业、咖啡厅、餐馆 |
[05:26] | restaurant, farm shop, parking and lavatory facilities.” | “农场商店、停车场和厕所设施” |
[05:31] | – He’s given us the whole shebang? Blimey! | – 天啊 – 他给了我们全套权限 |
[05:33] | – The whole lot. Yes! | – 所有权限 – 是的 |
[05:34] | It seems we aren’t… That’s gone. | 我们似乎没有…那家餐厅已经关门了 |
[05:38] | We aren’t allowed to have a restaurant there. | – 我们不被允许在那里开餐厅 – 我接受 |
[05:40] | – But we can have this here. Amazing. | – 是啊 – 但我们可以在这里开餐厅 |
[05:42] | And we can make that a café in there. | – 太棒了 – 而且我们可以在那里面开咖啡厅 是吗? |
[05:46] | This is very– | – 如果下雨了 我们就有地方… – 我真的要对议会 |
[05:47] | This is the biggest “fuck you” to the council I’ve ever… | – 如果下雨了 我们就有地方… |
[05:51] | Oh, my God! I’ve been so worried. | – 我真的要对议会 大声地说“去你的”… 天啊!我一直很担心 |
[05:55] | That is amazing. | – 这太棒了 |
[05:56] | But it’s also common sense. | – 但这也是常识 |
[05:58] | – Well, of course it’s common sense! – I know. | – 当然了 这是常识 – 我知道 |
[06:00] | The council didn’t have any, and there’s an inspector… | 议会什么都没有 |
[06:01] | Do you think the council will appeal? | – 然后有一位督察员… – 你觉得议会会上诉吗? |
[06:04] | – I don’t think the council will appeal. – And spend everyone else’s money? | – 我觉得议会不会上诉 – 然后把别人的钱全都花掉 |
[06:07] | This inspector’s taken… How long? Four months? | 这位督察员花了…他花了多长时间? – 四个月? – 对 |
[06:10] | I don’t think he’s going to have made a mistake, is he? | 我觉得他不会犯错 对吧? |
[06:13] | Basically, we’re safe. And it seems to be for three years. | 我们基本上安全了 而且似乎三年无忧 |
[06:16] | We’re good to go for three years. | – 我们三年内不需要担心了 – 是的 |
[06:19] | – We’re back in business. The shop can do anything. | – 我们恢复正常营业了 |
[06:22] | – Fuck! | – 斯科特可以随心所欲做事 该死! |
[06:27] | Lisa decided to celebrate this victory over the council | 丽莎决定邀请她所有的 金发牛津郡朋友 |
[06:31] | by inviting all her thin, blonde Oxfordshire friends over | 过来参加山羊瑜伽 |
[06:35] | for a spot of goat yoga. | 以庆祝这次议会申诉成功 |
[06:38] | Squeeze and retract the shoulder blades to open up the chest. | 下一个动作 要用力挤压 缩回肩胛骨 打开胸腔 |
[06:42] | Into your Warrior 3 position. | 进入战士三式 |
[06:44] | Keep the hips square, shoulders square, core on. | 保持髋部平行 肩膀平行 核心收紧 |
[06:47] | And then press… | 然后 按压… |
[06:48] | I’m sure this was all very modern | 我很确定这些动作都很现代 |
[06:51] | but I hadn’t bought the goats to be used as wellness props. | 但我买山羊可不是 拿它们来当健身道具的 |
[06:55] | I’d bought them to lay waste to my brambles, | 我买山羊是为了让它们解决荆棘 |
[06:59] | something they could hopefully start doing now they had a campsite. | 希望它们有了营地就可以开始工作了 |
[07:06] | However, we could only move them up there | 然而 |
[07:08] | if they were big enough. | 我们必须等它们长到足够大后 才能把它们转移到那里 |
[07:11] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:12] | – Do you know what we’re doing? – We’ve gotta weigh them. | 你知道我们要做什么吗? 我们要给它们称重 |
[07:15] | – And then, if it’s underweight… – Yeah? | – 然后 如果重量不足… – 对 |
[07:19] | That’s less than 17 kilograms, we spray it red. | 我们会给重量不足17千克的 喷上红色 |
[07:23] | – Not the whole thing. – 17 kilos? | – 不是全部都喷红色 – 17千克? |
[07:25] | – Yeah. – Wow. | 对 如果重量够 |
[07:26] | And then if it’s ready to go outside, it’s green. | 可以放出去 那就喷上绿色 |
[07:28] | We’re hoping they’re all green because Lizzie’s coming to take the milk machine. | 希望能给它们全都喷绿色 因为莉齐要来 拿走喂奶机了 |
[07:32] | They’re on solids now, aren’t they? | 它们现在都可以吃固体食物了吧? |
[07:35] | – How do we get them into the harness? Here, look. | – 怎么给它们套上背带呢? – 这样 你看 |
[07:38] | You know how you get into it. | 你知道怎么给它们套上背带 |
[07:42] | Right. Okay. Let’s take a fatty. | 是的 好的 我们称一头胖山羊吧 |
[07:44] | – | – Don’t! Stop eating my jeans. Quick. |
[07:47] | – Uh-uh-uh. Stop it. No. | 别吃我的牛仔裤了 – |
[07:51] | Ow! | 快 |
[07:52] | Stop it! | 停下!不行 停! |
[07:54] | – Okay. That is 96. | 好的 96 |
[07:57] | You didn’t… Well, 96 what? | – 你没…不 |
[07:59] | Pounds? | 但96什么? – 磅? |
[08:00] | Kilograms. | – 不对 你… – 千克 |
[08:02] | It’s not 96 kilograms. That’s heavier than me. | 不是96千克 那比我都重 |
[08:06] | Right. Green. | – 好吧 绿色 – 那么… |
[08:08] | No, don’t let go until we’ve sprayed. | – 喷好颜料再放开 – 好的 |
[08:10] | No, just spray. It’s all right. | 不 就喷上去 没事的 |
[08:11] | No, don’t let go! Bring it back or else we’re gonna lose it. | 不 别放开它 让它回来 它要跑了 |
[08:16] | Wait, I’m just… Oh, my God. We’re gonna be here for days. | 等等 我只是…天啊! – 我们得在这里称好几天 – 够了 |
[08:20] | Stop it. | 别动 – 这样不行 – |
[08:22] | – No, you’ve gotta get it in the middle. – It’s heavy enough, I can tell you. | 这只他妈的够重量了 – 你得把它放到中间 – 我告诉你 |
[08:26] | This one’s just coughed and been sick all over me. | 这只刚刚咳嗽了 – 还吐了一地 – 对 |
[08:29] | Get off. Get off! | 松嘴 松嘴! |
[08:31] | This one is 16 with two back legs on the floor. | 这只16千克 它两条后腿没离地 |
[08:33] | Well, that’s not accurate. – That is definitely over 17. | – 那样称不准 – 它肯定超过17千克了 |
[08:37] | In the middle of this festival of incompetence… | 在我们挣扎给羊称重的过程中… |
[08:40] | Come on, man. | 来吧 伙计 |
[08:41] | Lizzie, the goat expert, arrived. | …山羊专家莉齐来了 |
[08:44] | Hi, Lizzie. | 嗨 莉齐! |
[08:46] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么? |
[08:48] | Weighing them. | 在给它们称重 – 进展如何? – |
[08:49] | How’s that going? | 不太顺利 – 不 你让我大吃一惊 |
[08:51] | – Not very well. – No! You surprise me. | – 我们怎么说的 18点… – |
[08:53] | What did we say? 18 point…? But we haven’t marked it. | 对 但我们还没给它做标记 – 我做了 |
[08:56] | I have. – Oh, you have? | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[08:57] | Yes. – Is there an easier way of doing it? | – 是吗? – 是的 有更简单的办法吗? |
[09:00] | Yeah. I can definitely think of one. | 有 我当然能想到一个 |
[09:02] | Like, use the scales. That would be my recommendation. | 那就是用磅秤 我建议用磅秤 |
[09:05] | How do you make a goat stand on a weigh scale? | 怎么让山羊站在磅秤上呢? |
[09:07] | Just, he’ll stand there. It’ll be fine. | 就…它会站上去的 能行的 |
[09:13] | So in fact, that’s plugged into the mains, yeah? | 电源已经插上了吧? |
[09:16] | Yeah. We’re all good. | 是的 准备好了 你就站在屏幕旁边 |
[09:17] | If you stand by the screen when I put him on. | – 好的 – 我把山羊放上去时 |
[09:21] | It should give you a weight. | 你应该能看到重量 |
[09:22] | – Oh, yeah. 19.46. – There you go. | 是的 19.46 |
[09:24] | So how… Ow! That really hurt. | – 这样就行了 那么… – 那怎么… 那真的很疼 |
[09:27] | You’re getting weighed next for being a horrible goat. | 接下来轮到你上秤了 谁让你是个可怕的山羊呢 |
[09:30] | Christ Al-bloody-mighty. This is a porker. | 好家伙 这只真重 |
[09:34] | Wow. 28.66. | 哇 |
[09:36] | 28.66 – Oh! | |
[09:38] | – Next time, if you put your hand not… – Yes, I’ve got that wrong. | 下次 你别把手放在… – 对 我抱的姿势错了 – 对 |
[09:41] | – 23.92. | |
[09:42] | So you have grown good, solid, healthy goats! | 你把山羊养得很好 又结实又健康 |
[09:46] | – So we’re happy? – We’re very happy. | – 所以 我们很开心 – 我们很开心 非常开心 |
[09:48] | You’ve done a very good job. | 你们做得很好 |
[09:51] | All of these boys are certainly over seventeen. | 这些公山羊肯定都超过17千克了 – 对 – |
[09:55] | – And very ready to go out. – Ready to go out. | 然后… – 准备好出去了 – 准备得非常充分 |
[09:58] | Right. | 好的 |
[10:00] | Before moving the goats to their campsite, | 在把山羊转移到其营地前 |
[10:03] | there was something I needed to clear up with Lizzie. | 我需要跟莉齐搞清楚一些事 |
[10:06] | What’s this I heard about… Well, I was reading in my book, | 我听说…我在书里看到 |
[10:09] | that if they escape then they’re… | 如果它们逃跑了 那它们… |
[10:13] | – That would… Yeah, like… Get off. | 那就是为什么… 松开 |
[10:16] | – If you get the… Stop it. | – 如果你… – 嘿 停下 |
[10:17] | If you get the fencing wrong, it’s carnage, | 如果你围栏装错了 那就麻烦大了 |
[10:21] | because you’ll never keep them in, like, ever. | 因为你永远无法让它们待在里面 永远都不行 |
[10:23] | Once they learn… They’re so clever. | 一旦它们学会了 它们非常聪明 |
[10:25] | If they start escaping, that’s it. | 如果它们开始逃跑 |
[10:27] | Fuck me! | 那就拦不住了 我去! |
[10:30] | – I think it’s trying to. Jesus Christ! | – 我觉得它挺卖力的 – 天啊! |
[10:34] | Right. | 好吧 |
[10:36] | Sorry, what were you saying about the fencing being catastrophic? | – 对不起 你刚刚说… – 好了好了 …围栏灾难什么来着? |
[10:40] | It could be catastrophic if you don’t get it right. | 如果你没安好围栏 那会是一场大灾难 |
[10:43] | So… Ow! | 所以… |
[10:47] | – Do you want a lunch box? Yeah! | – 你需要“私人包裹”吗? – 对 |
[10:49] | I need a cricket… They know. – You need a cricket box. They do know. | – 他需要 他需要那种板球护具 – 它们知道 – 它们真的知道 – 就因为我让它们做了绝育 – 好疼 – 它们不那样对丽莎 |
[10:52] | It’s because I cut their balls off. That really hurts. | |
[10:55] | – Don’t do that again. | 不行 别再这样了 |
[10:57] | Do not. Don’t do that again. | 别…别再这样了 |
[10:59] | Get off! | 放开! |
[11:02] | – They used to be so sweet. They were so small and cute. | – 它们以前很乖的 – 它们以前又小又乖 |
[11:05] | And now they’re just eating things. | 现在就只知道吃 |
[11:07] | – But if one does keep getting out… Yeah. | – 但如果有一只一直出去… – 对 |
[11:10] | Best will in the world, what damage is it going to do? | 虽然它绝对不可能做到 但那会有什么危害? |
[11:12] | Apart from kicking people in the nuts. | 除了踹人的蛋蛋? |
[11:15] | So we had one really bad group years and years ago | 很多年前 我们有一群特别糟糕的山羊 |
[11:17] | and they went for all our sapling trees. | 它们毁坏了我们所有的树苗 |
[11:19] | they went through two fields to get to the sapling trees. | 它们还穿过了两块田才到树苗边 |
[11:22] | They could go onto the road and cause an accident. | 它们可能会到公路上 造成事故 |
[11:25] | Or your chillies. | 或者吃掉你的辣椒 我不知道它们会吃多少… |
[11:26] | – I don’t know how many they’d eat… – They wouldn’t. | – 不会吧 |
[11:28] | They would certainly go through your polytunnel. | – …但它们会穿过你的塑料大棚 |
[11:30] | Horns in a polytunnel wouldn’t be a good mix. | 山羊角和塑料大棚 结果可不会太好 |
[11:32] | So, really, we’ve gotta be very careful. | – 所以我们真的得非常小心 |
[11:34] | You really, really do, yeah. | – 真的必须小心 没错 |
[11:36] | Can you imagine– – Look at Joe. He’s in real trouble. | – 天啊 你能想象… – 看看乔 他有大麻烦了 |
[11:40] | Here’s our decoy here. – Help! | – 他是我们的诱饵 – 我扛着一头! |
[11:44] | It likes you a lot. Literally nothing’s sacred. | – 我觉得它很喜欢你 |
[11:46] | Ow! | – 可以说它们什么都不放在眼里 |
[11:48] | We then showed Lizzie the field where the goats would live. | 然后 我们给莉齐展示了 山羊居住的地方 |
[11:54] | If I leave this alone for much longer, it will all just be bramble. | 如果我再不管这块地 它就会完全被荆棘覆盖 |
[11:58] | Yeah. They’ll take the worst of the brambles out. | 是的 它们会除掉最糟糕的荆棘 |
[12:01] | And at every opportunity, she came back to the topic | 每次一有机会 |
[12:05] | of their escaping skills. | 她都会说回到山羊逃跑技巧的话题上 |
[12:08] | And do they need things to climb on? | – …它们没有据点 – 它们需要东西爬上去吗? |
[12:10] | We don’t give them stuff outside because they roll them into the electric fence | 我们倾向于别在外面给它们东西 因为它们会把那些东西滚到电网里 |
[12:15] | – and then use that as an escape. – No! | – 然后以此作为逃跑工具 – 不是吧 |
[12:16] | No! – Yes. | – 没错哦 – 就像空军三号战俘营一样 – |
[12:18] | What? Like Stalag Luft III? – Yeah, honestly. Like that. | 对 说实话 – 什么 所以它们… |
[12:21] | Well, so rewind. | 我们回顾一下 |
[12:23] | If we put their sort of wooden toys they’ve got in their barn now | 如果我们 把它们谷仓里现有的木质玩具… |
[12:26] | and put them in here, they’ll use them as a launching pad? | – 嗯 – …放到这里 它们会把玩具 推到围栏边 把它们当作发射台 |
[12:30] | Yeah. We found that with the big sort of oil barrels? | 是的 我们发现有那种大型油桶时 |
[12:33] | They roll them up into the fence to short it out or use them to hop over. | 它们会把桶滚到围栏边 要么让围栏短路 要么利用油桶跳过去 |
[12:36] | That’s so cool. No! | – 不是吧 – 太酷了 |
[12:37] | They’ll definitely be up on that pig hut | 是的 如果有机会 |
[12:40] | and over that fence, like, within hours if they had access to it. | 它们一定会在几小时内 – 爬上猪窝 越过树篱 – 对 |
[12:44] | Jesus. Clever, right? | – 天啊 – 很聪明吧? |
[12:46] | They’re very intelligent. Do not underestimate them. | 它们非常聪明 不要低估它们 |
[12:55] | While we were wondering if a goat | 在我们考虑山羊 |
[12:57] | could jump a fence on a motorcycle, | 能否骑摩托车跳过围栏时 |
[12:59] | Kaleb and Charlie were having a much grander day | 卡莱布和查理在伦敦 |
[13:03] | in London. | 度过了更美好的一天 |
[13:05] | They’d been invited to Downing Street | 他们受邀前往唐宁街与首相会谈 |
[13:07] | to talk to the Prime Minister | |
[13:09] | about his “Back British Farm to Fork” initiative. | 讨论“从农场到餐桌”计划 唐宁街 SW1 威斯敏斯特市 |
[13:13] | And given the importance of the meeting, they met in a café | 鉴于会议的重要性 |
[13:17] | for a pre-match chat. | 他们在咖啡馆见面 事先聊一聊 |
[13:20] | So today? Yeah? | 所以 今天… |
[13:22] | – Quite a lot of people going. – Quite big? | – 嗯 – 很多人去 – 很盛大 – 是的 |
[13:24] | Jeremy told me to say… He said: “Kaleb, erm, | 杰里米跟我说 |
[13:27] | if you want any talking points, | “卡莱布 如果你想表达任何观点 |
[13:29] | just tell Ricky that he’s probably not going to be Prime Minister anymore.” | “你就跟瑞希说 他可能不会再当首相了” |
[13:31] | Rishi. | – 里希 |
[13:32] | Rishi. | – 里希 |
[13:33] | The president. The prime minister, sorry. | 总统…抱歉 应该是首相 |
[13:36] | Yes, that’ll be a great place to start. | 叫他“总统”来开始交谈应该挺好的 我会说 -“你好 |
[13:37] | I would definitely go: “Oi. Hello, Mr President. | 总统先生” – 我还在祈祷 |
[13:40] | – How are you, Ricky?” -“Come and see me on the weekend”. | 你周末会来找我 |
[13:42] | “You won’t be Prime Minister for long.” | “你下次不能当首相了” |
[13:45] | So what are you gonna talk about? | 所以你要谈什么?你的重点是什么? – |
[13:47] | – What’s your focus? I’ll do it on young farmers. | 我想聚焦在年轻农民身上 – 很好 |
[13:50] | – Good. – Young people getting into farming. | – 让年轻人开始务农 – 好的 |
[13:52] | You can’t go and farm your own farm nowadays. | 现如今 你不能自己去农场里做农活 |
[13:54] | A, they’re so expensive. And B, everything’s in a scheme. | 首先 价格太高 其次 一切都在一个系统计划内 |
[13:59] | – I got a quote for a tractor yesterday. – Yeah. | 是的 我昨天收到了 一辆拖拉机的报价 |
[14:01] | After discount, it’s £205,000. | – 嗯 – 打折后 |
[14:03] | I know. It’s insane. | – 二十万零五千英镑 – 太离谱了 |
[14:05] | – Oh, Christ. We’d better go. – Hm? | 天啊 我们得走了 |
[14:07] | We’re gonna be late. | 我们要迟到了 |
[14:13] | Trafalgar Square. | 特拉法加广场 – |
[14:14] | I drove through here! Yeah. | 我开车来过这里 – 好的 |
[14:17] | I didn’t put my indicator on in this junction here. | 我在这个路口没有开转向灯 |
[14:19] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗? – 是的 |
[14:21] | There’s Nelson, look. | 是尼尔森 你看 |
[14:22] | Who’s Nelson? – He was an admiral. | 尼尔森是谁? 他是海军上将 |
[14:25] | He’s up quite high up. – He won a battle. | 他挺高的 对吧? |
[14:27] | – Do you know what he’s looking at? – What? | 他曾赢过一场战役 你知道他在看什么吗? 什么? |
[14:29] | You see where those flags are? – Yeah. | – 你看到那些旗帜所在的地方… – 看到了 |
[14:31] | That’s Admiralty Arch. | 那是海军拱门 好吗? |
[14:33] | – OK? Right. | – 好的 |
[14:34] | He’s looking on the top of the arch. | – 他在看拱门的顶部 |
[14:37] | There are loads of ships. | 那儿很多船 |
[14:39] | – And he’s looking at that. – He led the Battle of Trafalgar. | 好吧 他在看那个? 他领导了特拉法加战役 对抗法国人 |
[14:43] | All that concrete to build a man that’s looking over some… | 为了建造一个看着“我爱伦敦”的人 |
[14:46] | “I Heart London.” Fuck that. | 竟然用了那么多混凝土 真让人气愤 |
[14:50] | Press the button. | 我要按按钮 |
[14:52] | You press the button. | 你按按钮 等待 |
[14:55] | Where are we going? We’re going down Whitehall. | 我们要去哪里? – |
[14:59] | What is that? | 我们要去白厅 那是… – |
[15:00] | It’s a… Now what? | 那是什么? – 是…是个很… |
[15:02] | It’s a very… Just keep going. | – 你知道吗? 就继续走吧 |
[15:06] | So here we are. This is Whitehall, this is where it all happens. | 我们到了 这是白厅 这就是一切发生的地方 |
[15:09] | What happens? | 发生什么? |
[15:11] | The management of the country! | 国家管理 |
[15:13] | There you go. Cabinet offices. | 到了 内阁办公室 |
[15:14] | What’s that? – You know what the Cabinet is? | – 那是什么? – 你知道内阁是什么吗? |
[15:16] | No. – They’re the more senior ministers. | – 不知道 – 他们算是… 更高级的部长 |
[15:19] | And they all work in there, do they? | 他们都在那里工作 对吗? |
[15:21] | I don’t know what time it is. What time is it? | 我不知道现在几点了 几点? |
[15:23] | 9:11. | 9点11分 |
[15:25] | Oh, we’re a bit early. | 我们来得有点早 |
[15:27] | We’ll hang around. | 到处逛逛吧 |
[15:38] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[15:39] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[15:42] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[15:44] | Are you now just gonna try and get | 你现在是在试着 |
[15:45] | – people to say “good morning”? – Yeah. | 让人们说“早上好”吗? |
[15:47] | Morning. | 是的 早上好 |
[15:49] | – They’ll think you’re a fruitcake. – I’m just saying “morning”! | – 他们会以为你疯了 – 我只是在说“早上好” |
[15:54] | They– They don’t wanna talk. | 他们不想说话 |
[15:57] | Soon it was time for them to head for that famous black door. | 很快 他们该前往 那扇著名的黑色大门了 |
[16:05] | Ready? We gotta knock? | 准备好了?我们要敲门? |
[16:07] | Yeah. | 对 要敲门 |
[16:08] | – Christ, all right. You might need to do it again. | 天啊 好的 |
[16:11] | What, knock? | 什么?敲门 |
[16:12] | If you want to step in. Okay. | 抱歉? – 你们不进来吗? – 好的 |
[16:15] | Hi, guys. You all right? How’re you doing? | – 嗨 你们好 还好吗? – 你还好吗?谢谢 |
[16:18] | Just a hint. | 只是提示一下 |
[16:19] | If you knock that loud again, I’ll throw you out. | 如果你再敲那么大声 我就把你扔出去 |
[16:22] | Say that again? | 你能再说一次吗? |
[16:23] | Don’t knock so loud. Sorry, we’re farmers. | 别敲那么大声 对不起 我们是农民 |
[16:26] | I don’t care. Okay. | 我不在乎 – 好的 – 好吧 |
[16:27] | I’m not. Okay. | 我不是 – 好的 – 没事 |
[16:30] | That told us. | 知道了 |
[16:33] | While Kaleb and Charlie were being told off | 当卡莱布和查理被唐宁街门口的 |
[16:36] | by the Downing Street door police… | 警察训斥时… |
[16:38] | Come on, goats. Let’s get you in. | – 来吧 山羊 我们带你们进去 – 走 来吧 |
[16:40] | Lisa and I were finally moving the goats | …丽莎和我终于 |
[16:43] | into their new home. | 把山羊转移到它们的新家了 |
[16:46] | So the idea is… This is their training garden. | 我的设想是 这是它们的训练花园 |
[16:49] | Yep. And they live in here | – 对 – 它们住在这里 |
[16:51] | until they’ve really eaten all the dock leaves and what have you. | 直到它们吃完所有酸模叶 和其他叶子 |
[16:53] | – Okay. – Then you move them down. | – 好的 – 然后你会把它们转移到下面 |
[16:55] | And the idea is that their mouths get, | 等它们的嘴巴 |
[16:57] | you know, used to… | – 习惯了…没错 – 长硬了 |
[16:58] | Hardened. – Yes, exactly. | – 习惯了…没错 – 长硬了 |
[17:00] | – Oh! – And they get hard mouths. | 它们会有坚硬的嘴巴了 |
[17:02] | But then, | 但然后 |
[17:03] | you see the bramble bushes, which is what I want them to start eating. | 你能看到荆棘丛吗? 那是我真正想让它们吃的东西 |
[17:06] | Yes. – So when they start hitting brambles, | 好的 等它们开始吃荆棘 |
[17:09] | that’s going to be interesting for me. That’s what I want them to eat. | 我就觉得有意思了 那正是我想让它们吃的 |
[17:13] | Before all that, though, | 但在那之前 |
[17:15] | we had to go through the unpleasant but necessary business | 我们得经历不怎么愉快 |
[17:18] | of getting them used to the electric fencing. | 但又必须完成的事 那就是让它们习惯电击围栏 |
[17:23] | Out you come. They are coming out! | 你们出来吧 它们出来了 |
[17:25] | – So the white fence is gentle power. Yes. | – 所以白色围栏是柔和电力 – 对 |
[17:28] | And the orange fence is the national grid. | 橙色围栏是国家电网提供的强电 |
[17:32] | Oh, look: “I’m plotting… I’ve got an escape route here.” | 你看它们在密谋 “我这儿有条逃跑路线 |
[17:36] | “Hey, guys. Follow me.” | “嘿 各位 跟着我 |
[17:39] | “I reckon we could be over in a jiffy.” | “我发现我们很快就能越过围栏” |
[17:43] | Whoa! Was that a zap? | 那是一股电流吗? |
[17:45] | Oh no. They’re eating the gate posts. | 不 它们在吃门柱 |
[17:49] | “Okay, I’m not eating the gate posts anymore!” | “好的 我不会再吃门柱了” |
[17:56] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:58] | Bah! | |
[18:06] | It’s not funny. | 不好玩 |
[18:07] | – No, it’s really mild. And look… – It’s not funny. | – 没事 这很温和 它们… – 这不好玩 |
[18:09] | I shouldn’t laugh. | 我不应该笑的 |
[18:12] | I’m not amused. I don’t like to see animals in pain. | 我觉得不好笑 |
[18:15] | But they do have to learn. | 我不喜欢看见动物受苦 但它们必须学习 |
[18:18] | And quite quickly, | 很快 |
[18:21] | they got the message. | 它们就明白了 |
[18:22] | Well, look at them all now, in the middle. | – 但现在看看它们 都在中间 – 是的 |
[18:24] | Yeah. – Their escape plans are in tatters | 因为我的安保措施 |
[18:27] | because of my security. | 它们的逃跑计划破灭了 |
[18:29] | Eat. | 吃吧 |
[18:31] | Get your mouths hardened and then you can go and eat brambles. | 让嘴长硬 – 然后你们就可以去吃荆棘了 – 这边 |
[18:37] | Back at Number 10, | 回到唐宁街10号 |
[18:39] | Charlie was taking part in a highbrow think-tank discussion. | 查理正在参加一场高知间的讨论 |
[18:43] | But you went through the list of grants there? | 但你看了那份资助清单 |
[18:45] | Hmm. | |
[18:46] | – And you haven’t listed them all? No. | – 而你并没有把它们都列出来 – 没有 |
[18:49] | – And all the schemes? No. | – 还有所有计划 – 没有 |
[18:51] | You do need a PhD now in grant applications if you’re a farmer. | 如果你是农民 你还得是个博士 才能搞懂那些补助申请 |
[18:55] | Meanwhile, out in the garden, | 与此同时 |
[18:57] | President Ricky was in full schmooze mode. | 在花园外 里奇首相开启了闲聊模式 |
[19:01] | How are you? Rishi, very nice to see you. | – 我的主要… – 你好吗?里奇 幸会 – 还好 你呢? – 你有什么? – 这都是农场里产的? – 是的 是农场里的 |
[19:03] | So what are you guys… Is this all from the farm? | |
[19:06] | Yeah, from the farms. We’ve got a Fenland Flag sausage. | – 我们有芬兰旗香肠 – 好的 |
[19:09] | And then we’ve got our traditional butcher’s sausage, our Great Bramblebee. | 我们的传统肉店香肠 – 我们布兰博比农场培育的 – 好的 那… |
[19:12] | – Yeah? That’s… – And then some bacon going as well. | – 我们还有一些培根 |
[19:14] | Oh, my God! It’s been smelling. We were having Cabinet up there. | – 天啊!闻起来… |
[19:17] | Literally, that’s the Cabinet room there. | – 我们之前在上面那里开内阁会议 – |
[19:19] | And everyone was just distracted and smelling your stuff coming through. | 我打赌那…是啊 说真的 |
[19:22] | It’s great! | 那里就是内阁室 大家闻到你的香肠的味道 |
[19:24] | – Look at this. | 都分心了 这太棒了 看看这屋子 |
[19:26] | Then, in the actual Cabinet office… | 然后 在真正的内阁办公室里… |
[19:29] | How are you? | – 你好吗? – 很高兴见到你 |
[19:30] | Kaleb got to meet the Prime Minister. | …卡莱布去见首相了 |
[19:32] | Thanks for coming. Kaleb! How are you? | – 感谢到来 卡莱布 你好吗? – 你好吗? |
[19:35] | This was his big moment | 而这是他大谈吸引年轻人 |
[19:37] | to talk about attracting youngsters into farming. | 投身农业的重大时刻 |
[19:41] | – Are you okay? – I’m very well, thanks. | – 你还好吗? – 我很好 谢谢 |
[19:43] | – You’ve got lovely hair. – Er, me? | 你头发真茂密 – 我吗? – 是的 |
[19:47] | – Had you heard otherwise? – No, no, no. | – 不 是真的很茂密! – 有人说过它不茂密吗? |
[19:49] | – It was just a general comment. – I just like hair. | – 这只是一般评论 – 不 我只是喜欢头发 |
[19:51] | When the conversation moved outside, | 当谈话地点转移到室外后 |
[19:53] | Kaleb finally did talk about young farmers. | 卡莱布终于能讨论年轻农民的事了 商业联通 |
[19:56] | The thing is in my head… | 我脑子里一直在想这事 |
[19:57] | But he made a bit of a meal about getting to the point. | 但他在谈及要点的时候绕了圈子 |
[20:01] | You know, farming’s not a job. It’s a way of life. | 务农不是一项工作 – 它是一种生活方式 – 对 |
[20:04] | That is it. There’s no other option there. It’s a way of life. | 就是这样 这没有其他选择 它是一种生活方式 |
[20:07] | You don’t get up and go: “I’ve gotta go to work today.” | 你不会起来说:“我今天要去工作” |
[20:09] | I never ever wake up and go: | 我从来不会醒来说:“知道吗 |
[20:11] | “I’ve really gotta work, I’ve got an 8 to 5 job. | “我今天得去工作 我得朝八晚五 |
[20:13] | I can’t wait to finish.” | “等不及完成工作了” 过了半天 |
[20:15] | Halfway through the day, you go: “Oh, I wanna go home.” | 你吃了午饭 然后说:“我想回家” |
[20:18] | I never do that. I wake up and go: “Right, what am I doing today?” | 我从来不做这种事 我醒来会说:“我今天要做什么?” |
[20:21] | Yesterday… The day before, sorry. I was out there milking cows… | 昨天…是前一天 抱歉 我早上在外面给奶牛挤奶 |
[20:24] | Then I went out there and started mowing for silage. | 然后我开始割草准备青贮饲料 天啊 兄弟 |
[20:26] | And then I was spraying. No day is the same. | 赶紧说重点 然后我喷化肥 每天都不一样 |
[20:29] | – Everyone should have a dream. – That’s true. | 我觉得每个人都应该有一个梦想 – |
[20:31] | A dream is somewhere to go and to get to. | 应该如此 – 因为有梦想才会有追求 |
[20:33] | As soon as you accomplish that dream, if you do it in 2, 3 or 5 years, | 只要你能在两年、三年、五年内 实现这个梦想 你就成功了 |
[20:36] | you’ve done it, set another dream. | 拜托…我得管理国家 |
[20:37] | And the thing I say all the time is dreams don’t work unless you do… | 再设置另一个梦想 我一直说梦想不会实现 除非你… |
[20:43] | While Kaleb was bringing the country to a grinding halt, | 在卡莱布让这个国家陷入停顿时 |
[20:47] | Lisa and I had gone up to the mushroom bunker | 丽莎和我去了蘑菇堡 |
[20:50] | to see if any more had fruited. | 看是否有更多收获 |
[20:54] | Oh shit. | 见鬼! |
[20:56] | – Oh, my God. Have they not grown? | – 我的天啊! – 它们还没长出来吗? |
[21:01] | Oh, my God. What’s wrong? | – 我的老天爷啊! – 怎么了? |
[21:06] | What the…? | 什么… |
[21:08] | Look! How many have we got? Thousands! | 看看这景象…看我们有多少 数千… |
[21:11] | Oh, my God. So those are those. | 天啊!那些就是 |
[21:13] | It’s incredible. | 太不可思议了 |
[21:15] | Oh, my God. | 天啊! |
[21:19] | Wow. Jesus. | – 哇 – 天啊! |
[21:21] | These are ready. | 这些都已经成熟了 |
[21:22] | They’re very ready. | 已经熟透了 |
[21:25] | Right. | 是的 |
[21:27] | – 24 hours ago, that didn’t exist. I know. | 24小时前 这些都还不存在 就是 |
[21:31] | Where does the matter come from that’s made it? | 这玩意从哪儿来的? – 我不知道 |
[21:34] | In 24 hours? | 哪儿? – 在24小时内? |
[21:36] | Look at it. | 看… |
[21:38] | You need to get selling mushrooms. | 你得去卖蘑菇 |
[21:42] | What’s more, the extraordinary lion’s mane mushrooms | 另外 |
[21:46] | had started to appear. | 了不起的猴头菇也开始成熟了 |
[21:49] | Oh wow! – It’s like a sponge | 哇! |
[21:50] | that’s mated with a cauliflower. | 这像海绵和花椰菜的杂交成果 |
[21:52] | And that’s a mushroom. | 那是蘑菇 |
[21:55] | The man said that he reckons that they’re space penises. | 那个人说他认为蘑菇是太空阴茎 |
[21:59] | That does look like it’s from space. That really does. | 这确实看起来像是太空来的 真的 |
[22:07] | There was no way we could fit even a tenth of this lot | 农场商店连十分之一的蘑菇都装不下 |
[22:10] | into the farm shop. | |
[22:12] | So I had to abandon my plans for the day | 所以 我不得不放弃当天的计划 |
[22:16] | and man a hastily erected mushroom stall. | 然后去临时搭建的蘑菇摊位上工作 蘑菇 仅限今日 |
[22:21] | Can I interest you in the new Diddly Squat range? | 让我介绍一下迪丽斯库阿特农场 推出的新产品 |
[22:24] | Grey oyster mushrooms. These are not like you get at the supermarket. | 灰蚝菇 这与超市里卖的不一样 |
[22:27] | Or lion’s mane mushrooms. | 或者猴头菇 |
[22:31] | May I have some of both? – Yes, of course. | – 我可以两种都买一些吗? – 当然可以 |
[22:34] | That’s 427 grams. | 灰蚝菇20克 20便士 100克 2英镑 这是427克 |
[22:39] | – That would be £12,81. Okay. | 总共12.81英镑 |
[22:42] | Ooh! | 好的 |
[22:43] | Just out of curiosity… | 我只是好奇 你们在卖“太空阴茎”? |
[22:46] | Are you selling Space Penises? | 太空阴茎 只限今日! |
[22:59] | Up in Piggy Wood, it had now been 11 weeks | 在小猪树林里 |
[23:02] | since Ajax the boar had done… | 自从公猪阿贾克斯 |
[23:05] | boar things with the sows. | 前来…与母猪交配 已经过了11周 |
[23:07] | These are the four in question, | 这就是待检测的四头 |
[23:09] | – hopefully pregnant. – Yeah, yeah. | – 希望它们已经怀孕了 – 是啊 别动 |
[23:12] | So a local pig expert had come round to scan them. | 所以一位当地猪专家来给它们做检查 |
[23:18] | And the news was good. | 是好消息 |
[23:20] | They’re all pregnant. | – 它们全都怀孕了 – 它们全都怀孕了 |
[23:21] | – They’re all pregnant? – All up the duff? | – 全部都怀孕了? – 是的 |
[23:23] | So we don’t have to sell them. If they hadn’t have been up the duff, | 我们不必卖掉它们了 因为如果它们没怀孕的话 |
[23:26] | they’re just eating food for no reason and they’d have to be bacon. | 它们就是在白吃白喝 那它们将不得不变成培根 |
[23:30] | – Gerald! Hello, Jeremy. | – 杰拉德! – 你好 – 杰拉德 你好啊 抱歉! – 你好啊 丽莎! |
[23:31] | Hello, Gerald! Hello, hello! Ooh, sorry. | |
[23:36] | You all right? – Yeah. | – 你还好吗? – 还好 |
[23:38] | Lovely piggies. | – 可爱的猪猪 |
[23:39] | – Aren’t they great? – Yeah. | – 它们很棒吧? |
[23:40] | You ever kept pigs? | – 是的 – 你养过猪吗? 谁买的这个… |
[23:44] | – No, this is the mothers. – Yeah. | – 不 这是猪妈妈 – 好的 |
[23:46] | I’ve heard stories about sows and boars. They can be nasty, can’t they? | 我听过关于母猪和公猪的故事 – 它们可能很恶心 |
[23:50] | What can? | 对吧? – 什么可能? |
[23:52] | Sows and… When they got below the right stuff with the combine | 母猪…当它们在下面… 它们交配时 |
[23:56] | then you… When they got things coming out the side. | 需要遮挡 当它们有那些…从侧面出来 |
[24:03] | Gerald? – Yes, my love. | – 杰拉德 – 亲爱的 怎么了? |
[24:05] | When you planted all these trees, was it 60 years ago or so? | 你什么时候种的这些树 是六十年前吗? – |
[24:09] | – You planted these trees? – Yeah. | 是的 – 这些树是你种的? |
[24:10] | – 60 years ago. – No way! | – 是的 – 六十年前 |
[24:11] | Yeah. | – 不是吧! – 是的 |
[24:12] | This was all… | 这些树一直疯长 |
[24:16] | All the way up there. | 长得到处都是 |
[24:18] | They grazed right to the… These were all… And all that. | 然后…是的 它们直接在这里放牧… 这些都…还有那边的 |
[24:22] | So these trees are younger than you? | 所以这些树比你年轻? |
[24:25] | Yeah. | 是的 – |
[24:26] | – This is Gerald’s wood. | 好的 – 这是杰拉德的树林 |
[24:29] | You used to get the old shovel like that. | 你以前会像这样用旧铲子 |
[24:31] | – Wow, Gerald. – And then, | – 哇 杰拉德 – 然后 |
[24:33] | drop the thing and then heel ’em in. | 把铲子插进去 然后用脚踩进去 |
[24:35] | I went round with the… | 我带着…当时叫什么来着 很搞笑的 |
[24:38] | Bend it with a pole with all the fluid in there. | 用一根杆子把它弄弯 用水… 里面的液体 |
[24:42] | As the years went on, like, | 随着岁月的流逝 有… |
[24:44] | there was all those Wellingtonias, all that. | 所有那些威灵顿杉树之类的就都… |
[24:47] | They were original wood, they were. | 它们都是原始森林 |
[24:49] | – All right. | 这些… – |
[24:52] | At least once a fortnight, | 好的 – |
[24:53] | got the… | 至少两周一次 拿到… |
[24:57] | Stinging nettles. | – 刺荨麻 |
[24:58] | Similar to that, it was. | – 是的 与之类似 |
[25:02] | That’s when bosses were bosses and you didn’t say no to ’em. | 这个时候就体现出老板的权威了 你不能拒绝他们 |
[25:05] | – Yeah. | 他们就… |
[25:09] | I’m really chuffed. I did not know that you’d done this. | 我真的很开心 我之前不知道 这些树是你种的 |
[25:13] | That’s brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[25:15] | So it shall become known– We shall rename it Gerald’s Wood. | 所以它应该为人所知 我们要把它改名为“杰拉德森林” |
[25:19] | We used to fill it up right in a little… | 我们过去常把它填满 稍微低于作物上方的顶部 |
[25:25] | We were now well into June, | 我们现在进入六月了 |
[25:27] | and life on the farm was a smorgasbord of busyness. | 农场生活将非常忙碌 |
[25:38] | Up in a field called Downs Ground, | 在一块叫做“唐斯地”的田野里 |
[25:41] | I took part in my first ever grass harvest. | 我参与了人生中第一次割草 |
[25:45] | This involved wrapping bales of grass in plastic sheeting, | 其中涉及用塑料膜包裹草捆 |
[25:49] | which we’d feed to the cows in the winter. | 我们冬天会用它们来喂牛 |
[25:55] | So we’re collecting silage, yes? | 所以我们在收集青贮饲料 对吧? |
[25:58] | Silage, | 青贮饲料是将湿润的草放进袋子中 |
[25:59] | is grass that has been put in a bag which is wet | 它将与草中自然释放的所有糖分 |
[26:03] | and it’s gonna ferment with all the sugars that naturally come off the grass, | 一起发酵 |
[26:06] | which is good for the cows with high sugar content. | 这对奶牛有好处 含糖量很高 |
[26:10] | Kaleb was still annoyed that when my pigs had been in this field, | 卡莱布还在生气 因为我的猪曾在这块地里待过 |
[26:15] | they’d made a bit of a mess of it. | 它们把这儿弄得有点乱 |
[26:22] | Why have we got “Jeremy Keep Out”? | 为什么有块 “杰里米 禁止入内”的标牌? 杰里米 禁止入内! |
[26:25] | ‘Cause you keep fucking up this field. | 因为你一直在瞎搞这块地 |
[26:28] | But nevertheless, it looked like we were getting a good crop. | 但不管怎样 看起来我们的庄稼收成还不错 |
[26:37] | I quite like being a grass farmer. | 我非常喜欢当草农 |
[26:39] | It’s quite sort of mathematical and pleasing. | 这有点数学的感觉 而且还令人愉悦 |
[26:42] | You think: “I’ve done that right.” | 你会觉得:“我做对了” |
[26:43] | It’s like you know when you mow your lawn and you don’t have to go over | 就好像你修剪草坪时 |
[26:46] | a bit you’ve already done? | 不用重新修理已经修好的地方? |
[26:49] | I wonder if he mows his lawns. | 他恐怕不会自己修剪草坪吧 |
[26:53] | All done. | 全部完工 |
[26:54] | As soon as the grass harvest was finished… | 我们一完成割草… |
[26:58] | So we need to have a look at the fertiliser spreader. | 我们得看看肥料撒施机 |
[27:00] | It was time for the annual Red Tractor inspection, | – 是的 – …是时候进行 红拖拉机的年检了 |
[27:03] | where we have to prove the farm is clean and well run. | 在此检查中 我们必须证明农场干净且经营良好 |
[27:07] | Yeah. That’s fine. That’s fine. | 好的 没问题 |
[27:10] | And given that Kaleb was now farm manager… | 考虑到卡莱布是新晋农场经理… |
[27:13] | One, six, six, eight, zero. | – 一、六、六、八、零 |
[27:16] | Eight, zero. | – 八、零 |
[27:17] | Things this time round were very unstressful. | …这次的检查毫无压力 |
[27:21] | The NSF record book. That’s great. | NSF记录簿 很好 |
[27:24] | It’s all here. | 都在这里 |
[27:25] | You’ve got your First Aid box up here, which is great. | 这里有急救箱 不错 |
[27:28] | Correct signage. | 正确的标志? |
[27:29] | Yeah. Lovely. | – 对 – 很好 |
[27:31] | Sand bucket there. That’s great. | – 那是防火沙桶 – 很好 |
[27:32] | – How are you doing? – Morning. | – 早上好 – 你还好吗? |
[27:33] | You and mushrooms! | – 早上好 – 你和蘑菇 |
[27:35] | Everywhere, he just appears with mushrooms! | 他带着蘑菇到处转悠 |
[27:38] | I just live underground now. | 我现在就住在地下了 |
[27:41] | Yep, no matter how busy Kaleb was… | 没错 不管卡莱布有多忙… |
[27:47] | The mushrooms were keeping me busier. | 蘑菇让我更加忙碌 蘑菇 灰蚝菇 每250克 5英镑 |
[28:05] | So this is the Forth Road Bridge I’ve created | 这是我创造的蘑菇第四道路大桥 |
[28:09] | because all day I’ve been selling mushrooms, constantly, | 因为我整天都一直在卖蘑菇 |
[28:14] | and we still have this many, | 可我们还剩这么多 |
[28:16] | and tomorrow morning, there’ll be this many again, | 明天早上 又会有这么多 |
[28:19] | and the next day, and the next day. | 然后第二天 第三天也是 |
[28:23] | In fact, I had so many mushrooms | 事实上 我有很多蘑菇 |
[28:26] | that besides selling them in the shop and the burger van… | 除了在商店和汉堡车里销售 |
[28:30] | I was now hawking them round local pubs, | 我现在还在当地酒吧里兜售蘑菇 |
[28:34] | and even rival farm shops. | 甚至还在竞争对手的农场商店里卖 |
[28:38] | I had some last night. | 昨晚吃了一点 |
[28:39] | – I cannot tell you how good they are. Yeah. | – 我无法描述它们的味道有多好 – 对 |
[28:42] | I mean, I cooked some last night. They’re amazing. | 我昨晚做了一些 太好吃了 |
[28:44] | Jesus. I had these last night. They’re fantastic. | 天啊 我昨晚吃了这蘑菇 太棒了 |
[28:47] | Even though my incredibly varied sales patter | 但尽管我“多样化”的销售技巧 |
[28:50] | was shifting some decent quantities… | 成功卖掉了相当多的蘑菇… |
[28:53] | Five. We’ll have 5 kilos. | 五千克 |
[28:54] | 1.2. | 我们要五千克 |
[28:56] | 6.1 kilos. | 6.1千克 |
[28:57] | I was still barely scratching the surface. | …卖掉的也只能算冰山一角 |
[29:02] | For fuck’s sake… | 好家伙 |
[29:10] | However, there was still time amongst all the madness | 但是 在所有疯狂之中 我仍有时间 |
[29:14] | to pause for the occasional treat. | 暂停片刻 放松一下 |
[29:17] | I’ve got a big surprise for you. | 我有个大惊喜给你 |
[29:20] | Is it a proposal? | 是要求婚吗? |
[29:26] | Every time you say you’ve got a surprise, I’m like: he’s gonna propose! | 每次你说你有一个惊喜的时候 |
[29:30] | – Every time! | 我都会想:“他要求婚了” 每次都是 |
[29:34] | Remember the tree fell down? | 记得那棵倒下的大树吧 |
[29:37] | – The big beautiful one? We put it back up again. | – 我们把它复位了 – 又大又漂亮的那棵吗?怎么了? |
[29:39] | Come and have a look. | 你来看看吧 |
[29:43] | Look at that. | 你看那棵 |
[29:46] | That’s the tree we put back up. | 那就是我们放回去的那棵树 |
[29:48] | Wow. | |
[29:50] | I’m so happy. Yeah! | 我太开心了 是的 |
[29:53] | ‘Cause it had been down for 6 months. | 因为它倒了六个月 |
[29:56] | And it’s alive! | 但还活着 |
[29:59] | But do you know what’s weird? | 但你知道奇怪的是什么吗? |
[30:00] | Is that the little branches are growing from absolutely everywhere. | 这些小树枝真的从各个地方长出来 |
[30:03] | I know. It’s incredible. | 我知道 太不可思议了 |
[30:05] | That is what’s called “bursting” back into life, isn’t it? | 这就是所谓的 “重新焕发生机” 对吧? |
[30:07] | It sure is. Yeah. | 没错 |
[30:09] | Well done. That’s really nice. | – 干得好 |
[30:10] | – I’m really happy with that. – Yeah. | 太棒了 – 这让我非常开心 |
[30:12] | I’ll think about the proposal, okay? I’m not ready yet. | 是啊 我会考虑求婚的 好吗? 我还没准备好 |
[30:17] | However, Mother Nature’s ability to mend itself | 但是 大自然母亲的自我修复能力 |
[30:20] | isn’t always a source of joy. | 并不总让人快乐 |
[30:24] | Sometimes, it can be downright annoying. | 有时 它可能会非常烦人 |
[30:28] | A point brought into sharp focus… | 有一件事引起了关注… |
[30:31] | Oh, Christ Almighty. | 天啊 |
[30:32] | …when Kaleb and I decided to resume work on the dam. | …当卡莱布和我决定继续修堤坝时 |
[30:38] | I mean, is this… | 这是… |
[30:39] | We just can’t get to it anymore. | 我们再也去不了堤坝了 |
[30:42] | We’re gonna have to come with a chainsaw and cut all this back. | 我们得把电锯带来 然后把这些树都砍了 |
[30:44] | When were we last here? | 我们上次来这里是什么时候? |
[30:47] | It wasn’t that long ago. | 就在不久前 |
[30:50] | And now a jungle has happened. | 现在 这里长成了丛林 |
[30:56] | Happily, though, this meant I had an excuse to fire up WALL-E… | 不过幸运的是 这意味着我又可以使用沃利了 |
[31:02] | My most favourite machine in the world. | 世界上我最爱的机器 |
[31:07] | Oh! I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[31:10] | The emotional support unit. | 情感支持小队 |
[31:17] | The machine of destruction. | 毁灭机器 |
[31:19] | Look at it. | 看看它 |
[31:20] | Mincing. | 切碎中 |
[31:25] | Atomising. | 粉碎中 |
[31:32] | – What is…? – What? Chainsaw trousers. | 这是什么… – 什么?电锯防护裤 – |
[31:34] | – Are those just the front? – Yeah. | 它覆盖前面… – 所以就像… – 对 |
[31:36] | So if you’re through like this and you hit yourself, | 如果你像这么锯树 然后碰到自己了 |
[31:38] | they hit this and it tangles it up and stalls the engine. | 刀片碰到电锯防护裤 会跟它缠结在一起 然后熄灭引擎 |
[31:42] | It is “Brokeback”. | 它像《断背山》里的一样 |
[31:44] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[31:46] | Yes! Good dogs. Good dogs. | 好的 好狗 |
[31:48] | Sit, sit. | 坐 |
[31:50] | Sit, sit. | |
[31:53] | Sit! | 坐 |
[31:56] | Sit, sit. | 坐 |
[31:59] | No, it’s gone. And that one’s gone as well now. | 现在 它跑了 那只现在也跑了 |
[32:06] | Having cleared a new path to the dam site, | 清理出一条新的通往堤坝的道路后 |
[32:09] | we got into a construction-worker state of mind | 我们开始按照 建筑工人的思维方式思考 |
[32:13] | and moved onto the next job. | 并开始进行下一项工作 |
[32:16] | Lunch! | 吃午餐 |
[32:24] | That looks better now, doesn’t it? | 现在看起来好多了 对吧? |
[32:28] | I’ve had a thought. | 我有个想法 |
[32:30] | Why are we using that tube | 为什么我们要用管道? |
[32:33] | when we could use these sleepers instead? | 明明可以用枕木 |
[32:36] | I see. Just put the sleepers across and then put the… | 我知道了 就把枕木放在上面 然后把… |
[32:39] | If we put the sleepers across there… Do you see what I mean? | 如果我们把枕木放在那里 你明白我的意思吗? |
[32:42] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. We dig out a hole. | – 明白 – 如果我们有挖掘机 挖一个洞… |
[32:45] | Put some posts in, like this is… Exactly like behind of this. | 放几根立柱 就像这后面一样 |
[32:47] | Exactly. | 没错 放几根立柱 |
[32:48] | Put some posts in. You slot one in, then another, then another. | 然后插一个进去 然后再插一个 再插一个 |
[32:51] | Then all you have to do, with the clay, is back up the sleepers. | 然后你只需要 用黏土填充木枕之间的空隙 |
[32:56] | And then… | 再然后 |
[32:58] | The water simply comes over the top of the sleepers. | 水就能从枕木的上端 流过去 |
[33:05] | Why didn’t we do that before? | 我们之前怎么不这么做? |
[33:06] | I’ve just got it in my head. We don’t need a pipe, do we? | 我一直想着“我们得用管道” 但我们不需要管道 对吧? |
[33:10] | We’ll take the pipe out the way then, use it somewhere else. | 那我们把管道拿开吧 好吗? 把它用在其他地方 – |
[33:14] | – Take it back to the farm. – We’ll drive that back to the farm. | 把它带回农场 – 我们会开车把那个带回农场 没错 |
[33:23] | Unhook it. | 解开吧 |
[33:25] | – You know what I’ve just worked out? What’s that? | 你知道我刚想到了什么吗? 什么? |
[33:28] | We are now exactly back to where we began in January. | 我们现在完全回到了一月份 刚开始的样子 |
[33:34] | Pipe at the top of the field. | 管道在上面的田里 |
[33:37] | Nothing done down there. | 下面什么都没有 |
[33:39] | We’re never gonna finish this fucking dam. | 我们永远都修不好这个堤坝的 |
[33:45] | However, now we had the sleeper plan in place, | 但是 现在我们有了枕木计划 |
[33:49] | I was much more optimistic that we would. | 我现在更乐观地觉得我们能完成 |
[33:52] | Pull it through. Is that proud enough? | 把它拉过去 犁一下后面 这犁得够深吗? |
[33:56] | For the first time ever, I want to leave | 我有史以来第一次想 |
[33:58] | further ahead than we were when we got here. | 比我们到达这里时更进一步 |
[34:03] | Having prepped the site | 准备好了工地现场 |
[34:04] | and rammed some supporting posts into the mud, | 并将支撑立柱插入泥土后 |
[34:08] | it was time to place the sleepers. | 是时候放置枕木了 – |
[34:12] | – Ready? – Go. | 准备好了吗? – 好了 |
[34:14] | Right. Digger man. | 好的 挖掘工 |
[34:17] | Butt-crack alert! | Butt-crack alert! 小心屁股走光! 小心屁股走光! |
[34:21] | – Warning, warning. | 警告 |
[34:26] | Down. More revs. | 往下 转速加大 |
[34:28] | Using the digger scoop, | 我用挖掘机的铲子 |
[34:30] | I then pushed the foundation sleeper firmly into place. | 把地基枕木牢牢地放到位 |
[34:36] | However… | 但是… |
[34:39] | It floats! | 它会浮起来 |
[34:41] | We hadn’t thought of that, had we? | 我们没考虑到这个问题 对吧? |
[34:43] | I’ll stand on it forever. | 我得一直站在这上面 |
[34:49] | Did you not bring any nails then at all? | 那你带钉子了吗? |
[34:51] | It’s not… You’ll never… | 没…你永远不会… |
[34:53] | If you put a nail in over the top of the sleeper, | 如果你把钉子钉在枕木上面 |
[34:56] | you’re creating a bigger crack, the water will get through. | 你会加大裂缝 水会流过去 |
[34:58] | I just wanna put a nail there so I can get off it and then pack it. | 我只是想放手 |
[35:01] | But when the next goes on top, there’ll be a gap between them. | 把它放好 但把下一块枕木放在上面后 |
[35:05] | We need some clamps. | 两根枕木之间会有钉子大小的间隙 所以…我们需要一些…夹钳? |
[35:08] | – Something like clamps? – Or we can just get a big screw. | 类似于夹钳的东西 不如你去拿个大螺丝吧 |
[35:12] | – To go through a sodden railway sleeper? – Yes. | – 用它来穿过潮湿的铁轨枕木? – 对 |
[35:16] | We’ve gotta go to StowAg. | 我们得去店里买 |
[35:19] | I’m not suggesting we put another sleeper on | 我不会建议在把那根枕木固定好前 |
[35:21] | until that one is securely fastened in place. | 就把另一根枕木放上去 |
[35:26] | Look. | 你看 |
[35:27] | Why isn’t that in a book somewhere that wood floats? | 为什么书里没记录 木头会在水中漂浮啊? |
[35:31] | Could you rest that on top? – Can you stand on it then? | – 你能把它放在那上面吗? – 对 你能站在枕木上吗? |
[35:36] | You got it? There you go. | – 好的 这…好了 – 你准备好了吗? |
[35:37] | There we go. | 好了 |
[35:40] | Right. | 好 |
[35:42] | Another afternoon’s work. | 又工作了一下午 |
[35:46] | And what we’ve done is… | 而我们的劳动成果… |
[35:48] | Nothing of any great worth. | 根本不值一提 |
[35:53] | I’m not going to be defeated by this dam though. | 但我不会被这个堤坝打败的 |
[35:55] | I’m just not. | 我不会的 |
[35:58] | It would, however, be a while before I could get back to the dam | 不过 我得过段时间 才能回来修缮堤坝 |
[36:02] | because, predictably, there were more mushrooms to shift. | 因为我预计有更多蘑菇需要拿去售卖 |
[36:07] | Shit! | 见鬼 |
[36:12] | However, Lisa had had a brainwave. | 但是 丽莎有了灵感 |
[36:16] | She reckoned that if we dried the lion’s mane mushrooms | 她觉得如果我们把猴头菇 |
[36:19] | in the Diddly Squat dehydration unit | 在迪丽斯库阿特农场脱水装置里烘干 |
[36:22] | and sold them as a powder, she’d make more money than I was | 磨成粉后再拿去卖 |
[36:26] | selling them as actual mushrooms. | 赚的钱会比我卖新鲜蘑菇多 |
[36:30] | – You can sell a hundred grams for £3. – Yeah. | 好的 所以你每100克卖3英镑 |
[36:33] | – And they last five days? Mm-hmm. | – 是的 – 保质期是五天? |
[36:35] | I can sell a hundred grams | 我可以每100克卖30英镑 |
[36:39] | for £30, and it lasts for a year. | 而且保质期是一年 所以猴头菇 |
[36:41] | So lion’s mane… I went into Chippy, to the health-food shop, | 我之前去奇平诺顿 那里有一家小健康食品店 |
[36:46] | I asked them how much they sell their lion’s mane for. | 我问了他们猴头菇的售卖情况 |
[36:48] | And they say they get it in once a week and it’s sold out on the day it arrives. | 他们说他们每周卖一次 到货当天就会售罄 |
[36:52] | Well, it says here: | – 真的很好 – 这里写着 |
[36:54] | “Lion’s mane mushroom powder, | -“猴头菇粉” – 对 |
[36:56] | – 30 servings, for £40!” Yes. | -“30份卖40英镑” – 对 |
[37:00] | -£40! Yes. | – 40英镑? – 没错 |
[37:03] | I put it in my coffee, and it’s like having spearmint through your head. | 我每天早上都会把它加在咖啡里 就像是薄荷穿透你的头一样 |
[37:07] | Your whole mind just opens up. You’re really clear-thinking. | 你会茅塞顿开 思维非常清晰 |
[37:11] | The mornings I don’t take it, I notice the difference. It’s amazing. | 我没放猴头菇粉的早上 感觉很不一样 – 这太棒了 – 但…等等 |
[37:15] | Hold on. It says here that it’s good | 这里说它对你的注意力 记忆和消化有好处 – |
[37:17] | – for your focus, memory and digestion. – Yeah. | 对 – 没错 |
[37:21] | Right. This is the nutrition values on it, yeah? | 所以这是它的营养价值 对吧? |
[37:24] | Yeah. | – 是的 – 总脂肪含量 零 |
[37:25] | – Total fat: nought. Excellent. | – 是的 – 总脂肪含量 零 |
[37:28] | -nought. – Excellent. | – 很棒 – 钠含量 零 |
[37:29] | Total carbohydrate: nought. | – 很棒 – 碳水化合物总量 零 |
[37:31] | Total sugars: nought. Added sugars: nought. | 总含糖量 零 添加糖量 零 |
[37:35] | nought. There’s nothing in it. | 蛋白质 零 它什么都不含 |
[37:38] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[37:39] | How can it help your memory, focus and digestion when it contains nothing? | 它明明什么都不含 怎么帮助你提升 记忆力、注意力和消化能力呢? |
[37:44] | The magic of mushrooms. | 这就是蘑菇的魔力 |
[37:45] | Yes, I know. But if you add butter, there’s a point to it. | 是的 我知道 但如果你加黄油 那就有意义了 |
[37:49] | How can people… Why? | 人们怎么…为什么? |
[37:51] | Are you complaining or are you growing mushrooms? | 你是在抱怨还是在种蘑菇? |
[37:53] | I’m going to struggle to say: “Would you like to buy | 我会挣扎着站在店里说 “你想买这个吗?” “什么 |
[37:57] | this mushroom powder?” “What’s in it?” “Nothing.” | 这个蘑菇粉?” -“里面含了什么”“什么都不含” – 随便吧 |
[38:00] | – Whatever. Honestly, Lisa. | 说实话 |
[38:03] | Do your friends eat this shit? | 丽莎 你的朋友们吃这玩意吗? |
[38:06] | Anyone who’s everyone takes lion’s mane. | 所有吃猴头菇的人都吃 |
[38:10] | I don’t understand this at all. | – 我一点都不理解 – 好吧 听着… |
[38:12] | Hello. | 你好 |
[38:13] | Hello, cheerful! | 你好啊 开心鬼 |
[38:14] | Welcome to a world where Lisa is planning on selling | 欢迎来到丽莎打算 |
[38:17] | 50 grams for £40. Wow. | 以40英镑卖50克的世界 |
[38:21] | – What are you doing? This is my little dehydrator. | – 哇哦 你们在干什么? – 这是我的小脱水机 |
[38:24] | Yeah? – So this here was a full tray | – 对 – 所以这是满满一托盘猴头菇 |
[38:28] | and it goes down next to nothing. Then I’ll just blend it up, | 它会把菇里的水分几乎全部脱干 然后 我再把它放进搅拌机里 搅拌一下 |
[38:32] | stick it in little bags, put a “best within 12 months”… | 装进小袋子里 – 贴上“赏味期限:12个月” – 好的 |
[38:36] | You’re gonna sell powder in baggies from a Range Rover? | 你要在路虎车上卖袋装蘑菇粉吗? |
[38:39] | So you… Okay. | 所以你…好的 |
[38:40] | How do you know it lasts a year? | – 我在做… – 你怎么知道它能存放一年? |
[38:43] | Because once it’s dried and powdered, it has twelve months. | 因为一旦我把它烘干 再打成粉 那它就能存放12个月 |
[38:47] | ‘Cause the stuff I buy is dried and powdered and that’s 12 months. | 因为我买的烘干后的粉末 就能保存12个月 |
[38:50] | So how do you think that they know? They’ve tested it. | 你觉得他们会知道…他们测试过了? |
[38:53] | – They’ve done their testing, yeah. – They’ve done their testing. | – 他们测试过了 没错 – 他们测试过了 |
[38:56] | And ours is even better because it comes from down the road. | 而我们的更好 – 因为是我们在那条路尽头那里种的 – 不 |
[38:58] | No, no. They’ve done their testing. | 他们测试过了 – 所以他们验证过… – 对 – 没错 – …这是事实… |
[38:59] | – Uh-huh. – So they’ve validated… | |
[39:02] | Yeah. Yeah. – And verified the fact that… | |
[39:05] | Because dehydrating, you’re taking all the moisture out. | 因为脱水 你要把水分脱干? |
[39:07] | Yes. | – 对 – 要去除水分? |
[39:08] | – You remove the water content… – Yes. | – 是的 – 这样它就不会长… |
[39:09] | – So it doesn’t grow… – It doesn’t grow mould… | – 它不会发霉… – 细菌 |
[39:12] | – Bacteria. – Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[39:13] | So you’ve done your Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point checks? | 所以你已经完成了 危害分析与关键控制点检查 |
[39:18] | HACCP. It’s basic food standards. | HACCP 这是食品…基本食品标准 |
[39:20] | But no. No, no. This is from… | 不 |
[39:22] | This is from farm to farm, so you don’t have to do that. | 这是农场之间的交易 所以你不必做这个检查 |
[39:25] | – Because… No, no, no. | 因为 不用 |
[39:26] | That’s if you’re selling to the wider market. | 如果你要在更广阔的市场售卖 才需要做测试 |
[39:28] | – Charlie, I am allowed | 我有许可 查理 |
[39:31] | to grow tomatoes here and sell them in the shop. | 我有许可能在这里种番茄 然后在店里售卖 |
[39:33] | And you’re allowed to do that within a farm shop thingy. | 你有许可在农场商店里这么做 |
[39:36] | – No. – Once it’s dried, it’s dehydrated. | – 不可以 – 但你知道 |
[39:39] | – There’s nothing in it but powder. But how do you know it’s dry? | 一旦食品烘干 它会脱水 它里面除了粉末什么都没有 但你怎么知道它已经干了? |
[39:43] | Because it’ll go into a powder. | 因为它会变成粉末 |
[39:45] | But after 3 weeks, it might be full of mould. | 三周后 它可能就会发霉 |
[39:47] | You’ve sold it to somebody and then it’s mouldy. | 然而 你已经把它卖给了某个人 而它发霉了 |
[39:49] | So it didn’t last a year, it will have lasted 3 weeks… | 所以它没法存放一年 – 它能存放三周 – 我可以把…听着 – 好的 那你有什么解决方案 查理? – 你必须拿去做测试 – 然后… – 不 – 不 测试一下 有实验室的 – 好的 我们会找到能做测试的机构 |
[39:52] | Listen. Okay. So what’s your solution, Charlie? | |
[39:55] | Well, you’ll have to test it. And then… Whoa, whoa. No, test it. | |
[39:58] | There’ll be a laboratory. We’ll find out who tests it. | |
[40:01] | Or we could just sell them as mushrooms. | 或者我们就整天直接卖 |
[40:04] | No, that’s a waste, though. Lion’s mane in your tea in the morning… | – 新鲜蘑菇 – 不行 但那太浪费了 因为我想早上在你的茶或咖啡里 |
[40:08] | – But nobody wants that. While we’re doing… | – 放猴头菇粉 那很棒 – 没人想放 |
[40:11] | How many men do that? None. | – 当我们在… – 有多少男人做这事?没有 |
[40:13] | Not men that you know because you were born two millenniums ago. | 你认识的男人都没有 因为你是个老古董 |
[40:16] | This millennium people, they know all about it. | 这个千禧年的人 他们什么都知道 |
[40:18] | Okay, as a solution… | 好吧 |
[40:21] | Why do you need to put a year on it? | 我有一个解决方案 你为什么非得让它存放一年呢? |
[40:22] | – You just put six weeks, two months. Okay. | – 你就写六周或者两个月 – 好的 |
[40:25] | – And that… And that covers my arse? | – 那样…因为… – 好的 那样就不会挨批评了? |
[40:27] | Yeah. – Okay. | – 对 因为… – 好的 |
[40:28] | But you’ll have to test it for that long. | 但你得测试它能存放那么久 |
[40:30] | Okay. | 好的 继续 – |
[40:32] | Right. Okay. Onwards. I shall go and flog ’em. | 我得去卖蘑菇了 – 好的 我还是 |
[40:34] | I might as well just keep on drying here, yeah? | – 继续在这里烘干吧? – 好的 |
[40:36] | Okay. You need record what you’re doing. | 你得…你得记录你的步骤 |
[40:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:41] | “I have dried this for two hours.” | -“我把它烘干了两个小时” – |
[40:43] | I do a video, yeah. | 我会拍一段视频 没错 |
[40:44] | – Good. I’m going to take videos. | – 很好 HACCP快乐 – 我要拍一些视频 |
[40:46] | Okay. So, first of all, video. | 好的 所以 首先 视频… |
[40:49] | First of all, I washed the mushrooms… No, I didn’t. | 首先 我洗了蘑菇… 不 我没有 |
[40:52] | First of all, I cut them off at the base, then I washed them in… | 首先 我把它们从底座上切下来 |
[40:55] | There in a fridge, in a… | 然后在冰箱里把它们洗干净 在… |
[40:58] | First of all, I cut the bottom off and then I washed them. | 首先 我切掉底部 然后清洗蘑菇 |
[41:01] | And the whole kitchen has been, erm, certified. | 整个厨房都通过了认证 然后这些是… |
[41:10] | As we came to the end of June, | 现在已经到六月底了 |
[41:12] | everything on the farm was looking wonderful. | 农场的一切看起来都很棒 |
[41:17] | But, there was a big but, | 但有一件事例外 |
[41:20] | because Charlie was not a happy man. | 因为查理不开心了 |
[41:24] | Put simply, the weather had not been playing ball. | 简单来说 是因为天气不配合 |
[41:29] | March had been the wettest for 40 years. | 三月是四十年来最潮湿的一个月 |
[41:34] | May had been freezing. | 五月冷得要命 |
[41:38] | And June had been the hottest on record. | 而六月是有纪录以来最热的 |
[41:43] | This looks a mess. But why? | 这看起来一团糟 对吧? 但为什么啊? |
[41:46] | And already Charlie could see the effects of all this turbulence | 通过检查卡莱布的油菜残余 |
[41:49] | by examining what remained of Kaleb’s oilseed rape. | 查理已经能够看出极端天气的影响了 |
[41:55] | You know, it hasn’t pollinated brilliantly. It hasn’t, erm… | 授粉的情况不太好… |
[41:59] | We’ve got quite a few misses. | 所以我们漏了很多 |
[42:01] | That’s probably when it was cold and miserable in April. | 这可能是四月的寒冷天气导致的 |
[42:03] | Yeah. | – 对 – |
[42:05] | It hasn’t thrived, has it? No. | 它还没茁壮成长 对吧? 没有 |
[42:08] | – So we’re half a tonne an acre down. – Yeah. | 我们每英亩损失半吨 是的 |
[42:12] | Across 25 acres. 12 tonnes. | 总共25英亩 损失12吨 |
[42:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:16] | £5,000. | 5000英镑 |
[42:19] | That’s a hit, isn’t it? | – 影响巨大 |
[42:20] | It’ll be a challenge in this crop | 不是吗? – 这种庄稼要盈利 |
[42:22] | – to make a profit. – Yeah. | – 真的非常困难 – 是的 禁止入内 前方作物! |
[42:26] | And once his happiness hoover was switched on, | 一旦他打开了 他的“快乐吸水器”的开关 |
[42:29] | he was sucking it up from everywhere. | 他就会从各个地方汲取水分 – |
[42:33] | But they’re not animals but they’re definitely not plant… | 但它们没… 它们不是动物 但也绝不是植物… |
[42:36] | – Oh, here we go. Hello. | – 又来了 – 你好 |
[42:38] | This is bound to be good news, everybody. | 各位 这肯定是个好消息吧 |
[42:41] | Why’ve you brought me barley? | 你为什么给我带来… 这是什么 大麦? |
[42:42] | – So, I’ve just been for a crop walk. – Yes. | – 我去巡视了作物 – 嗯 |
[42:45] | The spring barley, you know it went in a bit later. | 我们的春大麦的问题是 它种得有点晚 |
[42:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:50] | It’s now putting up all these little shoots here, look. | 它现在冒出了这些小嫩芽 这里 你看 |
[42:53] | Don’t tell me that’s bad to have all… | – 有这些嫩芽不会是坏事吧… |
[42:56] | Well, it might stuff your malting barley. | – 它可能会塞满你的麦芽大麦 |
[42:58] | You might not be able to make beer out of it. | 你可能无法用它来酿啤酒 |
[43:02] | Because you’ve got these very early mature ones | 因为有这些非常早熟的大麦 |
[43:06] | and then there’s still enough oomph in the soil | 然后土壤中仍然有足够的养分 |
[43:09] | to throw out these little tillers. | 会催生出这些小分蘖 |
[43:11] | And those late maturing ones will be a problem at harvest. | 那些晚熟的在收割时会是个问题 |
[43:15] | ‘Cause we’re gonna have some immature fat grains | 因为我们会有一些未成熟的谷物 和成熟的谷物混在一起 |
[43:19] | – in with the mature grains. – What– | – 什么… |
[43:20] | You can’t physically go and take all these out. | – 因为你不能 把这些剔出来 |
[43:24] | – So, you know… What do we do? | 所以… – |
[43:27] | There’s nothing we can do. We just have to hope | 我们怎么办? – |
[43:30] | that it’s warm and dry, and they mature at harvest. | 我们无能为力 只能希望天气温暖干燥 它们会在收获时成熟 |
[43:32] | Otherwise, there’s no Hawkstone… from here. | 否则 这里就做不了豪客斯通了 |
[43:36] | – Are you saying that this won’t make… – Well… | – 所以你是说那不会做… – 什么? |
[43:39] | What weather do we need? | 我们需要什么天气? |
[43:41] | We just want not too hot, so these don’t mature too early. | 我们只是不希望太热 因为我不希望这些大麦太早成熟 |
[43:45] | Goldilocks temperature. Just right. | 二十五六度就刚好 |
[43:48] | – Like today. | – Like today. – 就像今天 – 就像今天 |
[43:49] | – Until… – For the next six, eight weeks. | – 接下来的六周 不 |
[43:51] | Eight weeks. | 是八周都这样 – 接下来的八周都是如此 |
[43:53] | If the weather plays ball, we’ve got half a chance. | 如果天气配合 我们有一半的机会 |
[43:55] | If it doesn’t, I’m really worried. | 如果不配合 我真的…我很担心 |
[43:58] | Yeah, we know all about that. | 对 我们都知道 |
[44:00] | Do you know about that? | 你知道那事?你… |
[44:01] | We’ve got barley and we’ve got… | 我们有大麦 我们有… |
[44:04] | And how is your spring barley doing? | 你的春大麦怎么样了? |
[44:06] | Seems to be okay I think. | 我觉得没问题 |
[44:07] | Are you listening to this? Their spring barley’s all right. | 你在听吗?他们的春大麦没事 |
[44:09] | Where are you? | 你的地在哪儿? |
[44:10] | – Market Harborough. Leicestershire. – Leicestershire, yeah. | 马基特哈伯勒 莱斯特郡 – 莱斯特郡 没错 – 好的 |
[44:14] | So what would you say about our spring? | 那么你觉得我们的春… |
[44:16] | The lower shoots are your problem. | 下面的嫩芽是个问题 对吧? |
[44:18] | The lower shoots are the problem. Exactly. | 下面的嫩芽是个问题 没错 |
[44:21] | Not what you want to be hearing. | 这可不是你想听到的 |
[44:22] | No. | 没错 |
[44:25] | Shit… | 见鬼 |
[44:29] | Charlie’s gloomy arable forecast | 查理对于种植作物的悲观预测 |
[44:31] | put something of a dampener on proceedings | 让农场经理和我 |
[44:33] | as the farm manager and I met for a whiteboard catch-up. | 在白板会议上有些沮丧 |
[44:39] | And found that Kaleb’s outgoings had now gone through | 而且我们发现卡莱布的支出 已经突破了 |
[44:42] | the £100,000 barrier. | 十万英镑大关 卡莱布 101905.75英镑 |
[44:47] | It’s… it’s scary. | 这…太吓人了 |
[44:49] | We’re having to spend 102,000 | 我们花了十万零两千英镑 |
[44:51] | – and we can’t control the outcome. – Yeah. | 但我们无法控制结果 |
[44:54] | Geopolitical events, weather. | – 是的 – 地缘政治事件 天气 还有最终的价格 – 因为 我是说… – 对 没错 |
[44:57] | – The price at the end of the day. Yeah, exactly. | |
[45:00] | It’s like going to a casino. If it’s a £2 minimum bet, | 这就像去赌场一样 如果最低赌注是2英镑 你就会尝试一下 |
[45:03] | – you’ll have a punt. Yeah. | – 对 – 和你的朋友们一起享受愉快夜晚 |
[45:05] | A fun night out with your friends. If it’s a £50,000 minimum bet, | – 如果最低赌注是五万英镑… – 没错 |
[45:09] | – you’re not gonna bet. – No! | – …你就不会下注了 – 没错 |
[45:10] | How much would we spend five years ago? | 我们五年前会花多少钱? |
[45:14] | Probably half that, didn’t we? ‘Cause the fertiliser price has doubled. | 可能只有一半吧? 因为化肥价格翻了一番 |
[45:17] | 78,000… Can you imagine spending £78,000? | 七万八…你能想象花七万八千英镑… |
[45:21] | – On something you throw on the ground! – Yeah! | 买你要扔到地上的东西 没错 |
[45:25] | You can’t even measure its success. | 你甚至无法衡量是否成功 |
[45:27] | I’ve got four tonnes left over, yeah? Do you know why that is? | 我觉得我还剩四吨 你知道为什么吗? |
[45:30] | Because every time I come to the end of the run, I’ve turned it off quicker. | 因为每次接近尾声时 – 我都会更快地停下来 – 小心 |
[45:33] | Seed costs have gone up… | 种子的成本上涨了 |
[45:36] | by 35%, 40%. | |
[45:40] | Chemicals probably… You know, they’ve gone up. | – 这… – 化学品… |
[45:43] | I mean, for example, glyphosate used to be £40 for a 20 litre can. | 它们也涨了 比如草甘膦 对吧? 以前一罐20升的才40英镑 |
[45:47] | – Yeah. -£162 now. | – 对 – 现在162英镑 |
[45:50] | £162 for a 20 litre can of glyphosate. | 一罐20升的草甘膦要162英镑 |
[45:54] | – That’s weed killer basically? – Yes. | – 其实就是除草剂 – 对 |
[45:57] | Christ. These figures are terrifying. | 天啊 这些数字太可怕了 |
[46:00] | The only positive is that while my side of the board was also in the red, | 唯一令人振奋的是 虽然我这边的白板也亏损 |
[46:05] | some of my schemes did look like they’d soon be making a profit. | 但我的一些计划 看起来很快就能盈利了 |
[46:10] | Honey, that… | – 蜂蜜… – 那会重返市场 |
[46:12] | – That will start coming back in again. – A couple of weeks. | 对吧? 对 几个星期 是的 |
[46:15] | Er… Mushrooms… | 蘑菇 |
[46:17] | Yeah. – That could go green. | – 对 – 这笔可能会回本盈利 |
[46:19] | – Yeah. Mustard, who knows? | – 对 – 芥菜 谁知道呢? |
[46:21] | – That should be good money. It should go green. | – 那应该能赚一大笔 – 应该能盈利 |
[46:23] | Pigs are costing so much. What’s going on? | 猪的成本太高了 怎么回事? |
[46:25] | No, to be honest, this is the total loss at the moment. | 没事 老实说 现在这完全是亏损 |
[46:29] | But by the time all those that we’re selling are sold… | 但等我们把现在在卖的东西全部卖掉 |
[46:32] | – Yeah. – …and sold through the shop… | – 全部通过商店卖完… – 对 |
[46:34] | We should. – That should go green. | – 应该可以 – …应该就能盈利了 |
[46:36] | Hang on. Why is Wildfarm on my side of the board? | 等等 为什么野生农场 出现在我这边的白板上? |
[46:40] | Well, it’s your field. | 那是你的田 |
[46:42] | Yeah, but I thought it was your experiment? | 对 但…我以为那是你的实验 |
[46:45] | Yeah, on your field. | 是用你的田做的实验 |
[46:46] | – How is it fair you make the decision… – Yeah. | 这公平吗?是你做的决定吗? |
[46:48] | – And it’s on my side? – I know. | – 对 – 而它在我这边 |
[46:50] | – It should be on your side. – No. | – 我知道 不 – 它应该在你那边 |
[47:05] | I’m fucking crying! | 我他妈笑哭了 |
[47:07] | What’s going on? Never… | 怎么回事? |
[47:11] | With Kaleb’s side of the board looking so shaky, | 卡莱布那边的白板看起来问题太大 |
[47:13] | it was vital that my unfarmed project succeeded. | 我的非耕地计划的成功至关重要 |
[47:19] | So we had to get a shift on, | 所以我们不得不加快脚步 |
[47:21] | making sure the shop and the burger van, | 确保刚获得议会许可 |
[47:23] | newly liberated from their council shackles, | 重获自由的商店和汉堡车 |
[47:26] | were ready and able to deal with the summer-holiday tourists. | 准备好接待暑假游客了 现在就吃掉吧! |
[47:31] | Check on, one burger, one bacon. | 一个汉堡 |
[47:33] | Thank you so much. | 一份培根 非常感谢 |
[47:34] | Go. Measuring. | – 走吧 – 正在测量 |
[47:37] | This meant getting cracking with the car park. | 这意味着要迅速建好停车场 |
[47:40] | – What are we on now? | |
[47:41] | 45. We’ll go 68. | 我们现在多少了? 我们需要走到68 |
[47:45] | I didn’t think this would be difficult. | 我觉得这不会很难 |
[47:47] | There. | 那里 |
[47:48] | Or expensive. | 也不会很贵 |
[47:50] | 53 metres. | 53米 |
[47:51] | Or time consuming. | 也不会耗时 |
[47:53] | Right here. | 对 就这里 |
[47:55] | But I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[47:57] | Very wrong. | 大错特错 下一集 |
[48:04] | £80,000? | 八万英镑?我们为什么不做呢? |
[48:06] | Why don’t we do it? | |
[48:08] | We’ll do it in two days. – No. | 我们两天后就能搞定 不行 搞不定 创意监督 杨婕 |