时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | ♪ In the white room ♪ | |
[00:20] | ♪ With black curtains ♪ | |
[00:23] | ♪ Near the station ♪ | |
[00:26] | ♪ Black roof country ♪ | |
[00:29] | ♪ No gold pavements ♪ | |
[00:31] | ♪ Tired starlings ♪ | |
[00:35] | ♪ Silver horses ran down moonbeams ♪ | |
[00:40] | ♪ In your dark eyes ♪ | |
[00:47] | Welcome back to Clarkson’s Farm. | 欢迎回到克拉克森的农场 |
[00:52] | It’s the middle of August in 2022. | 现在是2022年8月中旬 |
[00:55] | You’re welcome. Thanks. Where have you come from? | 不客气 谢谢 你是哪里人? |
[00:57] | And everything seems to be familiar… | 一切似乎都很熟悉 |
[01:00] | It’s dry. | 干了 |
[01:03] | And bucolic… | 洋溢着田园风光… |
[01:07] | and wonderful. | 而且精彩绝伦 |
[01:13] | But I’m afraid that | 但恐怕幕后的情况 |
[01:14] | behind the scenes, it isn’t wonderful at all, because… | 一点都不美妙 因为… |
[01:19] | everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. | 所有可能出问题的地方都出了问题 克拉克森的农场 第17集 非耕地 |
[01:41] | Let’s start with the weather. | 我们从天气开始说起 |
[01:44] | After the driest summer for 87 years, | 在经历了87年来最干旱的夏季之后 |
[01:47] | the ground is parched and as hard as concrete. | 地面干裂 像混凝土一样坚硬 |
[01:52] | And as a result, the crops are taking a battering. | 因此 庄稼遭受重创 |
[01:57] | So trying to grow potatoes where there’s no moisture… | 所以我们试着在干旱的土地里种土豆 |
[02:00] | Look, the skin’s set. So it’s not gonna grow anymore. | 是成熟期的土豆 它不会再长了 |
[02:03] | What do you mean? | “成熟期”是什么意思? |
[02:04] | You know, new potatoes, if you did that you’d rub the skin off. | 新长出来的土豆 如果你这么摸土豆的皮 会把皮擦掉 |
[02:08] | – Like a Jersey Royal? – Like a Jersey Royal. | – 就像泽西皇家土豆一样?是啊 – 是的 |
[02:10] | But these have now set their skin to stop them losing moisture. | 但现在 它的皮牢牢地粘附着 以阻止其水分流失 |
[02:13] | – So that’s as big as it’s gonna get? – Yeah. | 所以它就只能长这么大了? 是的 |
[02:17] | Shit. | 该死! |
[02:19] | Kaleb had a go at harvesting these potato pebbles, | 卡莱布试着采收 这些鹅卵石大小的土豆 |
[02:23] | but it was hopeless. | 但非常失败 |
[02:25] | No, I’m just dropping them all, look. | 不行 土豆全都掉了 你看 |
[02:27] | The potatoes are that small, they’re falling between the rollers. | 土豆太小了 会从滚轮之间掉下去 |
[02:31] | It’s just dropping them on the top. | 它们就掉到了地面上 |
[02:35] | In the next field along, the sunflowers were suffering too. | 在旁边的田地里 向日葵也出了问题 |
[02:40] | Look. It’s coming to the end of August. | 已经到八月底了 |
[02:42] | These flowers have gotta mature, ripen, in time for us to harvest them. | 这些向日葵必须成熟 这样我们才能及时采摘 |
[02:47] | – Well, is this seed ready? – No. | 这葵花籽已经熟了吗? – 没 |
[02:49] | – That’s useless. – We won’t be able to harvest these? | 完全没用 – 我们没法采摘这些向日葵? |
[02:51] | It’s pointless. No. | 白种了 不行 |
[02:53] | For fuck’s sake. | 真糟心 |
[02:58] | Next, there was the echium, | 接下来 |
[03:00] | a sort of plant-based fish oil | 蓝蓟 一种植物性鱼油 |
[03:03] | which I’d been told would net me a fortune if it grew well. | 有人跟我说 如果它长得好 我就能大赚一笔 |
[03:11] | Is that it? | 就这? |
[03:14] | Not a lot, is there? | 不多啊 对吧? |
[03:17] | That’s just the… That’s… | 那是…那… |
[03:19] | One field of spelt wheat produced that much. | 一块斯佩耳特小麦田的产量是那么多 |
[03:23] | One field of echium has produced… that. | 一块蓝蓟田的产量就这么点 |
[03:28] | Bloody hell. | 妈的 |
[03:32] | The dryness of the soil also meant | 土壤干燥还意味着 |
[03:34] | that planting next year’s oilseed rape was a non-starter. | 明年收获的油菜籽也没法种了 |
[03:39] | Look. Oh God, that’s… | 但你看!天啊 那是… |
[03:42] | I went down a foot the other day. There’s nothing. | 前几天我挖到地下30公分的地方 什么都没有 |
[03:44] | So if we try and drill rape into that, it’s not gonna grow. | 所以如果我们把油菜条播进去 它没法生长 |
[03:50] | On top of all this, there was the pretty little restaurant, | 除了这些问题 还有在夏季初开业的 |
[03:53] | which we’d opened earlier in the summer | 售卖我们在农场里种植的作物 |
[03:55] | to sell the food we’d grown and reared on the farm. | 和驯养的动物的漂亮小餐厅 |
[04:00] | Cheers, guys. – Cheers. | – 干杯 各位 – 干杯 各位 |
[04:02] | But after just six weeks… | 但仅仅在六周后 关门通知 |
[04:07] | The council served us with an enforcement notice, | 议会给我们送来了 一份强制执行通知书 |
[04:10] | telling us it had to close. | 让我们必须关闭餐厅 |
[04:14] | Welcome, everybody. How are you? | 欢迎各位 你们好吗? |
[04:16] | I’m particularly proud of the durum wheat, | 这种硬质小麦让我特别自豪 |
[04:19] | ’cause it normally grows in Italy. | 因为这种作物通常生长在意大利 |
[04:20] | Everyone looks very full. More brisket? | – 大家看起来都很饱了 – 还要牛胸肉吗? |
[04:22] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢大家过来 |
[04:30] | Enforcement notice. | 强制执行通知 |
[04:31] | “What you are required to do within six weeks of the date | “在此通知生效之日起的六周内 |
[04:35] | on which this notice comes into effect.” | “你需要做到以下事项 |
[04:36] | “Cease use of any part of the land for sale or provision | “停止在该土地的任何地方 |
[04:39] | of food or drinks to members of the public | 向公众出售或提供食物或饮品 |
[04:41] | or for consumption on the land. | “或让公众在该土地上消费 |
[04:42] | Cease use of any part of the land as a restaurant or a café.” | “停止将该土地的任何地方 |
[04:46] | Even though we’re allowed to. | “用作餐厅或咖啡厅” 即使我们有权这么做 |
[04:48] | “Cease use of any part of the land for parking.” | “停止将该土地的任何地方 用作停车场” |
[04:50] | What? | 什么? |
[04:52] | “Reinstate the land round the restaurant to a condition | “将餐厅周围的土地恢复到 |
[04:55] | similar to that of the agricultural land immediately surrounding it, | “与其周围的农业用地相似的状态 |
[04:59] | removing all hardcore and other surfacing materials, | “清除所有地基碎石和其他表面材料 |
[05:02] | including gravel and stone chippings.” | “包括砂砾和碎石” |
[05:04] | Why you can’t have gravel on a farm, I don’t know. But anyway. | 为什么农场不能有砂砾啊? |
[05:07] | “Removing all other landscaping materials, including wooden sleepers, | 我不理解 但无论如何 |
[05:10] | – wooden plank edging and wood chippings.” | “移除所有其他景观材料 “包括木枕、木板边条和木屑…” |
[05:13] | – The wood chip’s just gonna rot. – I know… | 木屑会腐烂的 |
[05:15] | They’ve gone completely mad. | 他们彻底疯了 |
[05:17] | “Removing all plants and planting containers.” | “移除所有植物和植物容器” |
[05:20] | – You can’t have plant pots on a farm? Ridiculous. | – 农场不能放植物盆 – 太荒唐了 |
[05:23] | We’re going round and round in circles, wasting a lot of fucking good money… | 我们一直在原地打转 浪费了一大笔钱 |
[05:26] | – Your money. Permanently. – Yes, and the tax payers’. | 浪费的是你的钱 还有他们的钱 以及纳税人的钱… |
[05:29] | Well, everybody’s money is just being– | 每个人都投了钱进来 |
[05:30] | Pissing it up against the wall. | 然后被白白浪费 |
[05:32] | It’s a joke. All the effort we put in and we’re back on square one. | 这就是个笑话 我们的一切努力都是徒劳的 |
[05:41] | With the restaurant shut down, | 餐厅关门后 |
[05:43] | we could no longer afford to keep all the cows. | 我们再也没钱养这些奶牛了 |
[05:47] | We could hang onto the calves to fatten them up | 我们可以留着小牛 把它们养肥 |
[05:50] | but their mums… would have to go. | 但它们的妈妈必须离开 |
[05:59] | We bought 19. They had 8, so that’s 27. | 我们之前买了19头 生了8头牛犊 所以总共是27头 |
[06:02] | Killed 2, 25. | 杀了两头 还剩25头 |
[06:03] | – Correct. – We’re keeping… | – 没错 – 我们留… |
[06:05] | Twelve. | 12头 |
[06:06] | So 13 are going… | 所以要送走13头 |
[06:09] | Thirteen passports I have here. | 我这里有13张凭证 |
[06:16] | Dropping off. | 把它们赶上车 |
[06:17] | I’m finding today really quite sad. | 我觉得今天真的很难过 |
[06:20] | It’s ’cause for the last year, I’ve been opening the windows, | 因为去年 我早上打开窗 |
[06:23] | opening the curtains in the morning, and there are the cows. And I love that. | 拉开窗帘就能看到奶牛 我很喜欢那种场景 |
[06:27] | Making cow noises. | 它们哞哞叫 |
[06:30] | It just cheers my heart every morning to see them. | 每天早上看到它们都让我很开心 |
[06:34] | Are the calves going to be a bit upset tonight? | 小牛今晚会不会伤心? |
[06:37] | You’re not gonna sleep tonight. No. | 会 你今晚别想睡觉了 |
[06:38] | They won’t? No. | – 它们会不睡吗? – 不 |
[06:40] | No, you won’t sleep. They’ll be calling all night long. | 是你会睡不着 它们会叫一整晚 |
[06:46] | – Can I ask? Peppa’s going, obviously. – Yeah. | 我能问一下吗?显然胡椒也得离开 |
[06:48] | What do you think will become of her? | – 是的 – 你觉得它会怎样呢? |
[06:52] | I wouldn’t ask too many questions about Pepper. | 如果我是你 我不会问胡椒的去向 |
[06:55] | Don’t ask questions you don’t want to know the answer to. | 不要问你不想知道答案的问题 |
[07:12] | Oh, Christ. | 天啊 |
[07:17] | All we had left of the departed | 我们只留下了 |
[07:19] | was some touching phone-camera memories. | 一些感人的手机视频回忆 |
[07:22] | Oh, look! | 丽莎手机视频 |
[07:24] | No! No! No! No! | 不可以! |
[07:27] | Out of there. No, you too. Out. | 出来!你们俩!快离开那儿! |
[07:30] | Out! No, not my flowers! | 不行 |
[07:32] | Get out! | 别踩我的花!出去! |
[07:34] | Go on, shoo. Shoo. | 继续走 嘘!嘘! |
[07:37] | You too, shoo. Shoo. | 你也是 嘘! |
[07:41] | Jeremy? | 杰里米! |
[07:55] | – Cup of tea? – Yeah. | – 要喝杯茶吗? – 好啊 |
[07:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:03] | It’s not like we’re not keeping a few. | – 我们又不是一头没留 – |
[08:05] | No, we’ve got quite a few. Yeah. | 就是 我们留了不少 是的 |
[08:08] | It could be all the ones we gave birth to. | 把我们接生的都留下了 |
[08:18] | With more than half the herd gone, | 随着一半的牛群的离去 |
[08:20] | my eco-friendly plan to get the cows and hens working in tandem | 我那个利用奶牛和鸡 给土壤施肥的环保计划 |
[08:26] | to fertilise the soil was in tatters. | 也流产了 |
[08:31] | Soil, look, Charlie. | 土壤 你看 查理 |
[08:33] | All good for the soil. New soil. | – 土壤很不错 – 是啊 新土壤 |
[08:34] | Yeah, but thanks to West Oxfordshire District Council, | 是的 但多亏了西牛津郡议会 |
[08:37] | we have to use chemicals from now on. | – 我们现在必须用化肥 – |
[08:39] | – We’ve got nitrogen. – I know. | 是啊 用氮肥 我知道 |
[08:44] | And, as Cheerful Charlie then explained, | 正如开心的查理后来解释的那样 |
[08:46] | this was not the year to be buying chemical fertiliser. | 今年化肥价格高 不适合购买 |
[08:53] | We’ve gotta be realistic about the projections for harvest ’23. | 对于2023年的预期收成 我们必须现实点 |
[08:57] | – This is the wheat price. Yeah. | – 这是小麦的价格 – 好的 |
[08:59] | And if you look at the blue line, | 所以你可以通过蓝线看到 |
[09:00] | where it peaked at over 350 pounds a ton… | 其峰值每吨超过350英镑… |
[09:04] | Is it falling? – It’s falling. | – 价格在下降? – 在下降 |
[09:06] | How’s that happening? – The war’s still going on. | – 战争…这是怎么回事? – 现在还在打仗 |
[09:09] | – It’s now down to 200… – It’s now just under 250. | – 现在已经降到200了 – 现在才不到250英镑 |
[09:12] | So it’s dropped a hundred pounds a ton. | 所以每吨跌了100英镑 |
[09:15] | You know we’ve got fertiliser prices that have gone up? | 然后化肥价格上涨 |
[09:18] | How much did we pay for the fertiliser? | 我们买化肥花了多少钱? |
[09:20] | Just over 800 pounds a ton. | 一吨800多英镑 |
[09:22] | Three times more than normal. | 是平时价格的三倍 |
[09:24] | Three times. So that’s gone up by three times. | 三倍 所以总价增加了三倍 |
[09:27] | And wheat price has come… Oh fuck. | 小麦价格也随之… |
[09:30] | So last year, we had low growing costs. | 所以 去年 我们的生产成本很低 |
[09:33] | This year, if we buy the same amount of fertiliser, | 今年 如果我们购买等量的化肥 |
[09:36] | it’ll be 100,000 pounds you need to spend on fertiliser alone. | 那光买化肥就要花十万英镑 |
[09:40] | It’s terrible. – Its… | 太可怕了 |
[09:42] | It could be bad if the yields are poor. | 如果收成不好 情况可能会很糟 |
[09:46] | And also take gas price, fuel price. | 而且还要考虑干燥谷物时的 |
[09:49] | Energy in terms of drying the grain. Every way you turn… | 油价、燃料价格、电费等 每一步都困难重重… |
[09:54] | Farming’s exposed to energy price. | 农业会受能源价格影响 |
[09:57] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[10:02] | Not knowing what to do about Charlie’s grim forecast, | 对于查理的悲观预测 我束手无策 |
[10:05] | I went off to see Viktor, our Ukrainian bee man… | 然后我出发去见 我们的乌克兰养蜂人维克托 |
[10:10] | All right, Viktor? | – 你好啊 维克托 |
[10:11] | Hello, Jeremy. | – 你好 杰里米 |
[10:13] | ...who was loading up the hives | 他正在装蜂箱 |
[10:14] | so we could extract the latest batch of honey. | 这样我们 就可以提取最新一批蜂蜜了 |
[10:20] | A lot of dead bees in here. | 这里有很多死蜜蜂 |
[10:21] | Ah, well, unfortunate, isn’t it? | 很不幸 |
[10:24] | – It’s like battle of Donbas. | 对吧?就像顿巴斯战役一样 |
[10:28] | How many pounds of honey in there? | 这里有多少蜂蜜? |
[10:30] | I would say roughly box ten kilos. | 一箱大概有10千克 所以… |
[10:34] | – Ten kilos? A box. About a 100 pounds. | – 10千克? – 是的 一箱这么多 总共约100吨 |
[10:39] | – That is… Oh! That is all honey! – Yeah. | – 那都是蜂蜜 – 是的 |
[10:43] | You can see the bulging on either side if you… | 你可以看到两侧的凸起 你可以… |
[10:45] | Yeah. – That is just rammed full of honey. | – 是的 – 里面都填满了蜂蜜 |
[10:49] | We’ve got a lot of honey! – Yeah. | – 好家伙 我们有很多蜂蜜 – 是啊 |
[10:52] | It’s the only thing on the farm that’s working. | 这是农场里唯一成功的一环 |
[10:55] | Literally the only thing that makes money. | 真的是唯一赚钱的项目 |
[11:00] | After my Viktor chat, I had a thought. | 跟维克托聊过以后 我有了一个想法 |
[11:03] | Diddly Squat is mainly an arable farm, | 迪丽斯库阿特农场以种植庄稼为主 |
[11:07] | but there must be other ways of making money beside the crops. | 但除了庄稼之外 一定还有别的赚钱方式 |
[11:13] | So, I put my thinking cap on | 所以我一边仔细思考 |
[11:15] | and went for a walk, with the ever-obedient dogs. | 一边和永远听话的狗狗一起散步 |
[11:19] | Heel. | 跟上 |
[11:20] | Oi! | 唉! |
[11:22] | Sansa! Arya! Heel… | 珊莎、艾莉亚 跟着 |
[11:25] | Arya! Heel. | 艾莉亚 |
[11:28] | – Oh, shit. | 跟着 糟了 |
[11:31] | – Sansa! Arya! | 珊莎、艾莉亚! |
[11:34] | Sansa! Arya! Arya! Sansa! | 珊莎、艾莉亚! 艾莉亚、珊莎! |
[11:41] | There may be a small wait now while they get back, | 现在可能要稍等一下 它们需要时间 |
[11:43] | having determined they can’t catch the deer. | 确定自己抓不住那头鹿 |
[11:48] | Bambi, in case you’re worried, is completely safe. | 大家不必担心 小鹿斑比很安全 |
[11:53] | This is what I call the Hedge of Plenty. | 这就是我所说的充足的树篱 |
[11:56] | It’s got so much stuff growing in it. | 它里面长了很多东西 |
[11:59] | It runs for half a mile or so. | 大概有800米长 |
[12:01] | It’s about 30 feet thick, as you can see here. | 如你所见 大约九米厚 |
[12:05] | Full of berries. | 满是浆果 |
[12:07] | Blackberries. | 黑莓 |
[12:09] | These are sloe berries. Sloes. | 这些是野莓、黑刺李 |
[12:12] | Elderflower. | 接骨木花 |
[12:16] | So that’s elderflower, sloe, | 所以有接骨木花、黑刺李 |
[12:19] | rose hips, blackberries, apples, damsons, plums. | 玫瑰果、黑莓、苹果、欧洲李、李子 |
[12:27] | After a little sit-down with my special thinking juice, | 在我拿着我的思考专用“果汁” 小坐片刻后 |
[12:31] | I started to form a plan. | 我开始制定计划 |
[12:34] | I’ve just been thinking. This farm is a 1,000 acres, | 我刚刚一直在想 这座农场占地404公顷 |
[12:38] | but I only farm… | 但我只种了大约200公顷 |
[12:41] | about 500 acres. | |
[12:43] | The other 500 are… | 另外200公顷是树林 |
[12:45] | woods and wildflower meadows and just stuff. | 还有野花草地等等 |
[12:50] | But the 500 acres I don’t farm are full of berries and… | 但我没种庄稼的 这200公顷土地上满是浆果… |
[12:55] | and apples and watercress and wild garlic and deer. | 还有苹果、豆瓣菜、野蒜和鹿 |
[13:02] | So I wonder if you could farm… | 所以我想知道是否可以耕种… |
[13:06] | the unfarmed? I wonder if I could make money… | 非耕地 我想知道我是否能利用 |
[13:10] | out of the bit of the farm I’m not farming? | 没有种庄稼的这部分农场赚钱 |
[13:16] | Council couldn’t stop that, could they? | 议会不能阻止这种做法 对吧? |
[13:18] | I mean, they could try but they wouldn’t be able to. | 他们可以尝试 但无能为力 |
[13:22] | In my head, this was a good idea. | 在我看来 这是一个好主意 |
[13:25] | But making money from the woods and the meadows and the hedges | 但要利用树林、草地和树篱赚钱 |
[13:29] | would require a lot of work. | 需要做大量的工作 |
[13:35] | So I called a meeting with my number two. | 所以我和我的二把手开了个会 |
[13:39] | I’ve got something serious to say to you. | 我有件严肃的事要对你说 |
[13:43] | I’ve made a big decision. | 我做了一个重大决定 |
[13:46] | You are no longer the tractor driver on this farm. | 你不再是这个农场的拖拉机司机了 |
[13:51] | What am I then? | 那我是什么? |
[13:54] | I’ve decided I’m gonna make you farm manager. | 我决定让你担任农场经理 |
[13:59] | – Really? Yep. | – 真的吗? – 真的 |
[14:00] | I want you to run the farming side of it. | 我想让你来负责经营农场方面的工作 |
[14:04] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[14:05] | – What? – You’re fired. | 什么? 你被解雇了 |
[14:08] | – No, you can’t fire… I’m the boss! – I’m the farm manager. | 你不能解雇我…我是老板! 我是农场经理 |
[14:11] | – You’re fired. – I’m not fired. | 你被解雇了 – |
[14:12] | You are. | 我没被解雇 – 你被解雇了 |
[14:14] | I’m not, because you haven’t heard how this is gonna work. | 不行 因为你还不知道 具体要怎么操作 |
[14:16] | Tell me that, then you’re fired. | 那你先告诉我 然后再被解雇 |
[14:18] | Here’s how I want it to work. | 我希望这么操作 |
[14:20] | I’ve got to concentrate this year on making money | 今年 我必须集中精力 |
[14:23] | out of that bit of the farm which isn’t farmed. | 利用未种植作物的那部分农场赚钱 |
[14:27] | Yes? – You’ve never even been here. | – 好的 – 你从没去过那里 |
[14:29] | No. | 没有 |
[14:30] | And then that means I’m not gonna have the time | 那就意味着我没时间 |
[14:34] | to really concentrate on this bit of the farm. | 集中精力管理农场的这部分区域 |
[14:37] | On the arable. Yeah. | 耕地部分 是的 |
[14:38] | So, I’m gonna put you on the arable. | 所以我要让你来负责耕地部分 |
[14:41] | And I’m gonna concentrate on this. | 而我集中精力开发这部分 |
[14:45] | – And I’ve just had a thought. – Mm-hmm? | 我突然想到了一个主意 |
[14:47] | Why don’t we make it a competition? | 不如我们比一场吧 |
[14:49] | Who in the next 12 months can make the most money: | 在接下来的12个月里 赚钱最多的人获胜 |
[14:51] | me out of unfarmed land | 是管理未耕地的我 还是管理耕地的你? |
[14:54] | – or you out of farmed land? – Farmed land… I like it. | 耕地 好主意 |
[14:59] | So we’ll get a whiteboard, we’ll put it on the wall, | 那我们要弄一块白板 放在墙上 |
[15:01] | and then it’s Jeremy’s profit and costs, | 然后写上杰里米的利润和成本 |
[15:05] | – Kaleb’s profit and costs. – Yeah. | 卡莱布的利润和成本 好的 |
[15:08] | Okay? And then it’ll run through the year. | 可以吗?然后要记录全年的数据 |
[15:11] | Hmm? | |
[15:12] | I think that’ll be quite good fun. | 我觉得那会很有趣 |
[15:14] | I think it’ll be fun as well. And I’m gonna win, so it’s fine. | 我也觉得 反正我能赢 所以没关系 |
[15:16] | You aren’t gonna win. | 你赢不了的 |
[15:19] | I’m gonna win this competition. | 我会赢得这场比赛的 |
[15:21] | Right. Get out and get back on your tractor and go manage the farm. | 好吧 好的 出去吧 回到你的拖拉机上 去管理农场吧 |
[15:25] | I don’t need to now. I’m gonna go have a nice walk round, | 我现在不用开拖拉机了 我要愉快地散步 |
[15:28] | anal– “analasyse” the soil. | “风”析土壤 |
[15:30] | “Analasyse”? – Hmm. | “风”析? |
[15:32] | That’s a word, innit? “Analasyse”! | 有这个词 对吧?“风”析 |
[15:35] | – No! -“Analasyse”! It is! | -“风”析 就是这词 |
[15:37] | Analyse. | – 不对 – |
[15:38] | – Analyse. | 是分析 – 分析 |
[15:43] | To get my “Farming the Unfarmed” project off the ground, | 为了启动我的未耕地开发项目 |
[15:46] | I did some research. | 我进行了一些调查 |
[15:48] | And discovered that my local supermarket was charging 6p a blackberry… | 我发现当地的超市 卖的黑莓每个6便士 |
[15:56] | Which meant my hedgerows were fruity gold mines. | 这意味着我的树篱墙简直是水果金矿 |
[16:00] | Look. 6p, 12, 24… | 看啊!6便士 12、24… |
[16:05] | There’s 50p there. | 这儿有50便士 又是50便士 |
[16:06] | Another 50p there, and there, and there. | 那儿也有 还有那儿 |
[16:10] | A pound there. | 那儿是一磅 光是这个灌木丛 |
[16:11] | There’s 30 quid in this one bush alone, easy. | 就能赚30英镑 轻轻松松 |
[16:16] | In order to maximise profits, though, | 但为了让利润最大化 |
[16:18] | I’d need to harvest them as cheaply as possible. | 我需要尽可能便宜地采摘黑莓 |
[16:22] | So rather craftily I asked if I could borrow a blackberry-picking machine | 因此 相当巧妙地 我问了下能否借一台黑莓采摘机 |
[16:27] | to see if I liked it. | 看我到底喜不喜欢这机器 |
[16:32] | Shit… | 见鬼 |
[16:33] | It’s a bit bigger than I was expecting, mate! | 这比我预期的大了一些 伙计 |
[16:35] | Just a bit bigger! | 对 只大了一点 |
[16:36] | – How are you? Erm… – I’m well, thank you. | – 你好吗? – 好 我很好 谢谢 |
[16:39] | – We’ve got the grain wagon. – Yes? | 我们有运粮车 我去让他倒个车 |
[16:41] | I’ll just back him up. If you could pull over to the right, is that all right? | 你能不能把车靠到右边 可以吗? |
[16:45] | Sorry, mate? Do you mind backing up? | 打扰一下 伙计? |
[16:48] | So that that wagon can get through and go over there? Is that all right? | 介意倒下车吗? 这样那辆货车就能过去了 |
[16:51] | Cheers, mate. Thanks. | 可以吗?谢了 伙计 |
[16:55] | I’m a car-park attendant, that’s what I’ve become now. | 我现在成了停车场管理员了 |
[17:00] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[17:04] | I’m loading the lorry. | 我在给卡车装货 |
[17:06] | Yeah, well, it was in the way. | 好吧 可它挡路了 |
[17:09] | Your farming is in the way of my farming. | – 你的农场经营妨碍了我的农场经营 – 这… |
[17:11] | No, your farming’s getting in the way of my farming. | 你的农场经营妨碍了我的农场经营 |
[17:13] | It isn’t. I just need to get this in. | 并没有!我只是需要把这车开进去 |
[17:15] | Look at that! | – 看那个 – 什么… |
[17:17] | – You don’t even know what it is, do you? No… What are you doing? | – 你甚至都不知道那是什么 对吧? – 不知道 你在干什么? |
[17:20] | Blackberry picking. | 采摘黑莓 |
[17:21] | Load the wagon up and then come and see real farming happening. | 不如等你装完车 来看看真正的农场经营吧 |
[17:24] | “Real” farming my arse. | 真正的农场经营个鬼 |
[17:29] | Right. Let my blackberry farming begin. | 好了 开始我的黑莓采摘计划吧 |
[17:39] | Okay, the first thing I’ve realised is that my trailer is 25 yards wide. | 好吧 我意识到的第一件事 是我的拖车车宽将近两米三 |
[17:46] | If I meet a bus coming the other way, | 如果遇到对向行驶的公交车 |
[17:48] | the bus driver is going to be going home | 那公交车司机会带着一台 |
[17:51] | with a blackberry-picking machine fastened to his face like a moustache. | 像胡子一样绑在脸上的 黑莓采摘机回家 |
[18:01] | As you can probably see, | 你们可能看到了 |
[18:03] | the blackberry-picking machine is like an arch. | 黑莓采摘机就像一个拱门 |
[18:09] | So I’m gonna try and harvest that hedge to start with. | 所以 我会先试着 采摘那些树篱里的黑莓 |
[18:12] | So I’ve gotta get my blackberry-picking machine | 首先 我要让我的黑莓采摘机 |
[18:16] | to straddle this wall first of all. | 跨过这堵墙 |
[18:23] | This, inevitably, was easier said than done. | 这不可避免地 说起来容易做起来难 |
[18:28] | Come on, come on, | come on, come on, come on. 来 加油 |
[18:31] | No, no, no. Shit! | 不 见鬼 |
[18:34] | How on earth am I going to do this? | 我到底该怎么做? |
[18:39] | Ah. | |
[18:44] | No. Erm… | 没对准 |
[18:47] | Well, it’s just not possible, is it? | 这根本不可能做到 对吧? |
[18:51] | There was nothing for it. I had to ask my business rival for help. | 这样不行 我不得不向我的商业竞争对手求助 |
[18:56] | Right, you see that? – Yeah. | 好吧 你看到那个了吗? |
[18:58] | It’s an arch. – Yeah. | – 嗯 – 这是拱形的 是的 |
[19:00] | And you have to get that arch to straddle this wall… | 我们必须让这个拱形包住这堵墙 |
[19:05] | Because we’ve gotta go all the way down this wall | 因为我们必须沿着这堵墙 |
[19:08] | – to get to where the blackberries are. Okay. | – 开到黑莓所在的地方 – 好的 |
[19:11] | I can do it. | 我能做到! |
[19:12] | I bet he can’t. | 我做不到 |
[19:15] | Come on, Kaleb! | 加油 卡莱布! |
[19:26] | Right, we’re on. We’re hooked on. | 好的 上去了 我们挂上去了 |
[19:30] | I’m gonna go as straight as I can. | 我会尽可能直着开过去 |
[19:38] | Oh, there’s a lot of fence… We’re knocking all these fence posts off. | 有很多栅栏… 我们把所有这些栅栏弄掉了 |
[19:46] | The whole wall is moving. | 整面墙都在动 |
[19:48] | We’re gonna be harvesting a wall if you’re not careful here. | 要是你不小心作业的话 那我们会把墙给摘回去的 |
[19:53] | These blackberries better be profitable. | 这些黑莓最好能盈利 |
[19:58] | Oh! That’s blown the whole wall right out! | 你看 |
[20:02] | Oh, sheee. Shit! | 它把整堵墙都弄塌了 糟了! |
[20:07] | How much further until we get to what could be called… | 我们还要开多远才能到所谓的… |
[20:10] | Wait. This wall doesn’t fucking stop! | – 等等 |
[20:12] | What? | 这堵墙没有尽头! – 什么? |
[20:14] | This wall does not stop. | 这堵墙没有尽头 |
[20:23] | Oh shit. Shit. | 糟了 |
[20:26] | You’re gonna have to back up. – I can’t. | – 你得倒车 – 倒不了 |
[20:28] | Well, you can’t go forwards ’cause we now can’t see it. | 不能继续往前开了 因为我们现在看不见墙了 |
[20:33] | We’re fucked, aren’t we? | 我们完蛋了 对吧? |
[20:42] | Christ. Look what we’ve done. | 天啊 看我们做了什么 |
[20:44] | What we’d done was harvest no blackberries at all | 我们不仅一颗黑莓都没摘到 |
[20:48] | and create a week’s work for Gerald, who wouldn’t be able to do it | 还给杰拉德增加了一周的工作量 可他没法干活 |
[20:52] | because he’d phoned that morning to say he wasn’t feeling very well. | 因为他那天早上打电话说他人不舒服 |
[20:57] | Stay where you are. That’s it, stay straight. | 待在原地 就这样 别动 |
[20:59] | And rather embarrassingly, when the people came | 而且尴尬的是 |
[21:02] | to collect the precious demonstrator they’d lent me, | 等人来取回借给我的珍贵试用机时 |
[21:05] | we had to lift it off the wall using two telehandlers. | 我们不得不用两台伸缩臂叉车 |
[21:12] | Oh. | 把它抬离墙壁 |
[21:14] | That’s… that’s the fence now broken again. | 更多栅栏掉了 那些栅栏又坏了 |
[21:19] | Oh, look at the concrete. No, whoa, whoa, whoa. | 看那混凝土 不是吧 |
[21:28] | Jesus. | 天啊! |
[21:33] | Here you are. Here’s your machine. | 好了!这是你的机器 |
[21:36] | Clearly, I now needed to think of a new way | 显然 |
[21:39] | to harvest my blackberries. | 我现在需要想一个新方法 来采摘我的黑莓 |
[21:44] | But first, it was my turn to help Kaleb. | 但首先 |
[21:48] | Whoa. That’s Kaleb’s new muck spreader. | 轮到我帮助卡莱布了 这是卡莱布的新施肥机 |
[21:53] | Because it was time to scoop up the muck | 因为是时候清理最近送走的奶牛 |
[21:55] | our recently departed cows had produced over the last 11 months. | 在过去11个月里产生的粪便了 |
[22:00] | Oh yes! | 太棒了! |
[22:03] | That is pungent. That’s good stuff! | 味道真冲 那可是好东西! |
[22:05] | So how much do you reckon is here? | – 你觉得这有多少? |
[22:07] | I reckon we’ve got about 200 tonnes here. | – 我觉得这儿大约200吨 |
[22:09] | 200 tonnes of faeces. – Yeah. | – 200吨粪便 – 对 |
[22:13] | Feel that. | – 感觉一下 |
[22:15] | – Feel how hot it is. – No. | 感受一下它的热度 – 不要 |
[22:17] | Feel the heat. | 感觉一下热度 |
[22:18] | – Can you feel it? – Oooh! | 感觉到了吗? |
[22:21] | Why is it so hot? | 怎么这么烫? |
[22:22] | – When it ferments… – Oh. | 粪便发酵的时候 |
[22:24] | It just gets hot in the middle and comes out. | 中间会变热 然后散发出来 |
[22:25] | – That’s really hot in the middle. – Yeah. | – 粪肥里面是热的? – 对 |
[22:27] | When you start bucketing that, it’s gonna be boiling. | 你把粪肥装进桶里时 它会沸腾 |
[22:30] | Start loading up, yeah? | 开始装粪吧? |
[22:41] | One bucket weighs one tonne. | 一挖斗重一吨 |
[22:46] | If that was artificial chemical fertiliser, | 如果是人工化肥 |
[22:49] | that would have cost me a thousand pounds. | 那得花我一千英镑 |
[22:51] | The weigh scales is 1.6 tonne, actually. | 其实称重秤显示…是1.6吨 |
[22:56] | You’ve got weigh scales in your new muck spreader? | 你的新施肥机上有称重秤? |
[22:58] | It’s the way forward. | 它可先进了 |
[22:59] | You can actually tell how much muck’s going on your fields. | 你能知道你往土里撒了多少肥料 |
[23:01] | That’s what we need to know. The fertiliser price is so high. | 我们需要知道 化肥价格太高了 |
[23:08] | You’re pretty much full now. | 现在已经装得很满了 |
[23:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:12] | And then that just flings it out over the field, does it? | 然后这机器 就把粪扔到田地里 是吗? |
[23:15] | Let’s put it this way. I had a stone the other day go out 48 metres. | 这么说吧 前几天我扔了一块石头 扔出去了48米 |
[23:22] | 48 metres out of the back? | 从后面扔出去48米? |
[23:25] | 48 metres out the back of this spreader, | 从这个施肥机后面扔出去48米 |
[23:28] | through a window, through a blind, | 穿过窗户、遮光帘 |
[23:30] | hit a chair and hit a fridge. | 撞到了椅子和冰箱 |
[23:31] | Where? In Chadlington? | 在哪儿?查德灵顿吗? |
[23:33] | Yeah, on Simon’s field, in the middle of Chadlington. | 是的 在查德灵顿中部的 西蒙的田地里 |
[23:36] | It hit the top of the chair and ripped all the leather off it. | 石头撞到了椅子的顶部 把所有皮革都撕掉了 |
[23:39] | So don’t go behind your muck spreader then. | 所以别跑到你的施肥机后面 |
[23:45] | I then got a first-hand demonstration | 然后 |
[23:47] | of the muck spreader’s Gatling-gun power | 在卡莱布兄弟给田地施肥时 我亲眼见证了这个施肥机的 |
[23:50] | as Kaleb’s brother fertilised the field. | “加特林机枪”的威力 |
[23:54] | Jesus. Why don’t they use that– The Army should use that. | 天啊 他们为何不用那个… 军队应该用那机器 |
[23:58] | Win a lot of wars with that, wouldn’t you? | 肯定能用它赢下很多战争 对吧? |
[24:00] | If you loaded that up with gravel and then drove through a war zone… | 如果你给它装满砂砾 然后开进战区… |
[24:04] | You would literally… – You’d properly get people to duck! | 对 你真的会… 你很可能会让人们躲起来 |
[24:09] | I was extremely happy to be using free fertiliser, | 我非常高兴能使用免费的肥料 |
[24:13] | but we only had enough to cover 25 acres. | 但其数量只够覆盖10公顷田地 |
[24:17] | So it was up to farm manager Kaleb to decide | 因此 需要农场经理卡莱布决定 |
[24:20] | how many chemicals he’d need to fill in the gaps. | 需要多少化肥来填补空缺 |
[24:26] | He therefore invited Charlie over to his new office. | 因此 他邀请查理去他的新办公室 |
[24:34] | So I’ve just been working this out. | 我刚想通这个问题 |
[24:36] | What’s “this”? | “这个问题”是指? |
[24:37] | – The cropping. – I’ve done that. | – 种植庄稼 – 我已经完成那一步了 |
[24:39] | Yeah, but I’m doing it. ‘Cause I’m farm manager. | 对 但我会做决定 因为我是农场经理 |
[24:43] | Well, wha… Okay. Well, what’s “your” plan? | 嗯…好吧 你打算怎么种? |
[24:48] | So, I think wheat down the right-hand side of the farm, | 我觉得农场的右手边要种小麦 |
[24:50] | which I call the right-hand side, which is Big Ground Banks Airfield. | 我说的右手边是一大片堤岸 飞机场 |
[24:54] | – The eastern side. – Yeah. Or that side, yeah. | 东边吗? – 对 或者那边 没错 |
[24:57] | – The eastern side. – Yeah. Okay. Right-hand side. | – 东边吗? 是的 好吧 右手边 |
[25:00] | And then spring wheat in basically the middle end of the farm. | 然后 春小麦种在农场的中间 |
[25:03] | – Okay. – Yeah? | – 好的 – 可以吗? |
[25:04] | And you said– Did you say about 100,000 pounds’ worth of fertiliser? | 你说过…你是不是说过 价值约十万英镑的化肥? |
[25:09] | Roughly. | 毛估 |
[25:10] | I think I can get it down to about 78,000 pounds. | 我觉得我可以降到78000英镑左右 |
[25:14] | We’ve got the chicken muck, we’ve got the cow muck. | 我们有鸡粪 有牛粪 |
[25:16] | Okay. So you’re hoping that that cuts the amount of artificial nitrogen? | 你想用这些粪肥 来减少人工氮肥的用量? |
[25:19] | – Yeah. – Don’t be short on nitrogen. | – 对 – 别因为控制成本就用氮过少 |
[25:22] | And don’t cut corners unnecessarily. | 不要舍本逐末 |
[25:25] | – The risk’s gone through the roof. – Yeah. | 因为风险已经非常高了 因为… |
[25:27] | ‘Cause you’ve got higher growing costs, you’ve got higher pricing. | – 对 – …你的种植成本增加了 价格更高 |
[25:30] | You know, we need the output to maximise our income, | 我们需要保证收成来将收入最大化 |
[25:33] | because that’ll give you your profit at the end of the day. | 因为最终你要靠它获得利润 |
[25:36] | I think we can save 22,000 pounds. | 我觉得我们可以节省22000英镑 |
[25:38] | Well, let’s hope it works. | 希望能节省吧 这次农场竞赛… |
[25:41] | – This farm competition… Oh, yeah. | – 嗯 |
[25:44] | Are you okay with it? | – 你觉得还行吗? |
[25:45] | I mean, the man can hardly farm the farmed, let alone farm the unfarmed. | 那个男人…他连耕地都不太会种 更别提开发未耕地了 |
[25:51] | God knows what he’s gonna… God knows his ideas. | 天知道他在干什么… 天知道他的计划 |
[25:59] | As they discussed this, I was busy in the barn, | 当他们讨论此事时 |
[26:03] | working on another blackberry-harvesting solution. | 我在谷仓里忙着琢磨 另一种黑莓采摘方案 |
[26:07] | And I must say, I was rather pleased with it. | 我必须说 我对此还算满意 |
[26:19] | And now, we move to the other side of the vehicle, | 现在 我们来到汽车的另一侧 |
[26:23] | where we find the vacuum cleaner. | 吸尘器 就在这一侧 |
[26:27] | Simply apply the vacuum cleaner to the blackberry. | 只需用吸尘器去吸黑莓 |
[26:33] | Yes! | 好耶!谁能想到啊? |
[26:34] | Who knew! | |
[26:36] | I’ve done a thing that works! | 我的方法奏效了! |
[26:39] | I’m harvesting a bush. | 我在采摘灌木丛 |
[26:41] | And it’s only pulling off the black ones, | 而且它只会吸走成熟的黑莓 |
[26:43] | it’s not pulling off the unripe red ones. | 不会吸走未成熟的红色莓果 |
[26:46] | We’re not using CGI here. This is real. | 这不是电脑合成画面 |
[26:52] | Ah-ha. | 是真的 |
[26:53] | I don’t know what sort of vacuum cleaner this is, I’m not an expert, | 我不知道这是什么牌子的吸尘器 我可不是吸尘器专家 |
[26:56] | but they’re marketing it all wrong. | 但是 它的营销方向搞错了 |
[26:59] | Look at that. Five minutes. | 看看收获 五分钟 |
[27:01] | And they’re red ones. I’m staggered! | 没有红果 太神奇了 |
[27:08] | Once I’d harvested the hedge… | 我一采摘完树篱 |
[27:12] | I headed to the farm kitchen, | 就前往农场厨房 |
[27:14] | leafed through Mrs Beeton’s old cookery book… | 我翻阅了比顿夫人以前的烹饪书… |
[27:17] | Blackberries, lemon juice, sugar. | 黑莓、柠檬汁、糖 |
[27:21] | And then started to make some Diddly Squat blackberry jam. | …然后开始制作迪丽斯库阿特黑莓酱 |
[27:26] | Woah. Bloody hell. | 妈呀! |
[27:34] | So all I have to do is add the jam sugar, | 所以我只需要加入果酱糖 |
[27:37] | add the lemon juice, | 还有柠檬汁 |
[27:39] | bubble them away for half an hour or so, | 高温加热半小时左右 |
[27:42] | cool it, sell it. | 冷却 然后销售 |
[27:44] | One hour’s work. | 只需要一小时就能做好 |
[27:45] | An hour to harvest them. Two hour’s work. | 需要一小时采摘 总共两小时 |
[27:48] | This is pure profit. | 这就是纯利润 |
[27:53] | Hello. | 你好 |
[27:55] | What are you doing? – Making jam, dear boy. Making jam. | 你在干什么? 亲爱的朋友 我在做果酱 |
[27:58] | This is new farming, this is. | 这是新农业 |
[28:00] | Given that we weren’t dealing with cows or crops, | 考虑到我们不养牛 也不种庄稼 |
[28:03] | I assumed there’d be no opportunity for finger-wagging. | 我觉得我们不会遭人否定 |
[28:08] | Erm, so, clearly blackberries. | 显然 这是黑莓 |
[28:11] | Yeah. – How much is in there? | 是的 这锅里有多少? |
[28:14] | Well, that many. | 就你看到的这些 |
[28:15] | – No, but how many? – Oh, I don’t know. | – 不是 但具体有多少? – 我不知道 |
[28:17] | You’ve gotta measure it. You can’t just chuck it all in. | 你得称一下 你不能把黑莓全加进去 |
[28:20] | You’re gonna sell the jam. – Yeah. | – 你想必是要卖果酱吧 – 是啊 |
[28:23] | Have you done your food hygiene test? | 你做了食品卫生检测吗? |
[28:26] | No. | 没 |
[28:27] | What pH is it? Does it contain any allergens? You’ll have to put… | pH 值是多少? – 什么? – 它是否含有任何过敏原? – 你必须… – 我… |
[28:31] | Well, what if someone’s allergic to blackberries? | 万一有人对黑莓过敏怎么办? |
[28:34] | Well, you’ll have to put on there. | 你必须在包装上注明 |
[28:35] | “May contain blackberries” in this blackberry… You’re… | “此黑莓酱中可能含有黑莓…” |
[28:38] | Is it just blackberries? – No. Lemon juice. | 只有黑莓吗? 不 还有柠檬汁 |
[28:41] | But you’ll have to list what’s on here. It’s got potassium metabisulfites in it. | 你必须列出所有成分 你看 它含有焦亚硫酸钾 |
[28:46] | – So you’ve gotta list… – So on my jam, I’ve got to write | – 所以你必须列出… – 在我的果酱包装上 我必须写 |
[28:49] | “May contain traces of potassium metabisulfite”? | “可能含有微量焦亚硫酸钾”? |
[28:53] | – Yes. Because… – That’s not very good marketing. | – 对 因为… – 这个营销策略可不怎么样 |
[28:55] | Okay, are you’re making jam, or preserve, or conserve? | 好的 你是在做果酱 大块果肉果酱 还是什锦果酱? |
[29:00] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别? |
[29:01] | So, okay, there is a difference, and it’s all to do with sugar content. | 所以…好吧 区别在于糖分含量 |
[29:06] | You know on the side of a jam thing, it says: | 你知道 在果酱的包装上通常会写 |
[29:09] | “This was made with X amount of fruit”? | “这是用X量水果做成的”? |
[29:12] | So, like, 50 grams of fruit made 100 grams of jam? | 比如50克水果做出100克果酱 |
[29:17] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | – 我不知道你在说什么 |
[29:19] | What does Mrs Beeton… She’ll say that | – 比顿夫人说什么… |
[29:21] | you’ve gotta have a specific amount of sugar to make it jam. | 她会说你需要一定量的糖 把莓果做成果酱 |
[29:26] | No, she doesn’t. | 不 她没说 |
[29:29] | Three pounds to three pounds! | “1.36千克黑莓 要加入1.36千克的糖” |
[29:31] | Well, I’ll put the three pounds of sugar in then. | 那我加1.36千克的糖 |
[29:33] | – How many blackberries have you got? – I don’t know! | 好吧 但你放了多少黑莓? – 我不知道 – 所以… |
[29:36] | So basically, you can’t use that. | 所以…你这一锅就不能用了 |
[29:40] | What? – You haven’t weighed it. | – 什么? – 你没称重 |
[29:42] | – You need to know… – I can’t use it? | – 你需要知道… – 这锅不能用吗? |
[29:43] | You’ll need to start again. | 你需要重新开始 |
[29:48] | I wasn’t the only one being bashed on the rocks | 我并非唯一一个 |
[29:50] | by Charlie’s waves of negativity, | 在查理那儿碰壁的人 |
[29:53] | because on the other side of the farm, | 因为在农场的另一边 |
[29:56] | Kaleb was also getting a drubbing over his plans to plant oilseed rape. | 卡莱布也因为他的油菜种植计划 受到了批评 |
[30:03] | – I have… your new cropping plan. – All right. Brilliant. | – 我这儿有你的新种植计划 – 好的 太棒了 |
[30:08] | You’ve still got rape? – Yeah. | – 你还要种油菜? – 对啊 |
[30:11] | Why? | 为什么? |
[30:14] | – I think it’s a risk. – It is a risk. | – 我觉得种油菜有风险 – 是有风险 |
[30:16] | – When did it last rain? – I can’t remember. | – 上次下雨是什么时候?是四月份吧 – 我记不清了 |
[30:18] | Like, April. There’s no moisture. The ground’s hard. | 土地里没有水分 非常坚硬 |
[30:20] | We’re gonna have flea-beetle pressure. | 我们会面临跳甲虫的压力 |
[30:22] | I dunno when it’s gonna rain. | 我不知道什么时候能下雨 |
[30:24] | But I think it’s a risk we’ve gotta take. | 但我觉得这是我们必须冒的风险 |
[30:26] | How many farmers this year have not grown rape because of the weather? | 今年有多少农民 因为天气原因没有种植油菜? |
[30:30] | – Okay. Quite a lot. – A lot. Yes. | 好吧 相当多 很多 |
[30:33] | So therefore the price, if it’s 5.75 at the moment, | 是吗?因此 其价格 如果现在是575… |
[30:36] | in a year’s time, when they say there’s a shortage of rape, | 一年后 当人们说油菜短缺时 |
[30:39] | because of the reason of no farmers are growing it ’cause of the weather, yeah? | 因为这个原因 由于天气原因 没有农民种油菜 那价格会… – 如果能种成功的话 价格会上涨 – 但那是“如果” |
[30:43] | That price could increase. | |
[30:45] | – If this pulls off… – If. | |
[30:47] | Or, it fails? | 或者如果种植失败… |
[30:52] | I am willing to risk planting oilseed rape this year… | 作为农场经理 我愿意冒险 |
[30:57] | – as farm manager. – Are you chasing | – 在今年种油菜 – 你是想 |
[31:00] | the bottom line of the farm | 增加农场的利润 |
[31:02] | or are you just trying to chase Jeremy ’cause he’s got a good head start? | 还是只是想跟杰里米竞争? 因为他开局还不错 |
[31:06] | The farm. | 是为了农场 |
[31:08] | And Jeremy. | 还有杰里米 |
[31:10] | – Focus on the farm. – I am! I am! | – 就…我说过了 专注于农场 – 我很专注 |
[31:13] | Okay. | – 是吗? |
[31:14] | I am. It’ll be fine. | – 是的 一切安好 |
[31:19] | I agreed with Charlie that rape was a bad idea, | 我同意查理的观点 种油菜不是一个好主意 |
[31:23] | but there was no time to discuss this | 但没时间讨论此事 |
[31:25] | because I needed to hoover up more blackberries for my jam. | 因为我需要吸更多黑莓来做果酱 |
[31:31] | If we weigh this, we’ll know how much fruit goes in each jar. | 如果我们称它的重量 就会知道每罐含有多少水果 |
[31:35] | How do you know you’re gonna fill them the same level each time? | 你怎么知道自己 每次装罐的量都是一样的? |
[31:37] | We’re not buying cocaine. It’s not like you say 2 grams or 20. | 听着 |
[31:40] | There’s a big difference. | 我们不是在买可卡因 2克或者20克并没多大区别 |
[31:42] | I’ll go with your logic. | – 我就…顺着你的思路继续听下去 |
[31:44] | Right. | – 好的 |
[31:47] | – That jar with the lid weighs 228 grams. Yeah. | – 罐子连同盖子重228克 – 对 |
[31:55] | With the fruit in it’s 443 grams. | 加入水果后 重量为443克 |
[31:58] | So 215. | – 所以是215克 – 差值是这么多吗? – 对 – 那么我们知道在每个罐子里 有215克水果 |
[32:00] | Is that the difference? – Yeah. | |
[32:01] | So we know that in each jar, there will be 215 grams of fruit. | |
[32:07] | Yes? – Yeah. | – 对吗? – 对 |
[32:08] | If I wash this, it’ll be all right to use again, won’t it? | 如果我把它洗干净 可以再次使用吧? |
[32:11] | Yeah, that’s the whole point of glass jars, Jeremy, you can reuse them. | 可以 玻璃罐 就是拿来重复使用的 杰里米 |
[32:14] | – Exactly. There you go. | – 我们可以重复使用 – 没错 |
[32:16] | Do I have to sterilise it? – Yes, you do have to sterilise it. | 我得给它消毒吗? 是的 你必须给它消毒 |
[32:20] | We’ve been through that. Put it in a warm oven for ten minutes. | 我们已经讨论过了 把它放进温热的烤箱里十分钟 |
[32:24] | Lid and jar sterilising. | 消毒盖子和罐子 |
[32:31] | No. No. | 不对 |
[32:39] | – No, there’s just nothing there. – No. | – 那里什么都没有 – 不 |
[32:42] | – The oven’s here. – Oh, right. What’s this then? | – 烤箱在这里 – 对哦 那这是什么? |
[32:49] | Despite these minor setbacks, | 尽管遇到了这些小挫折 |
[32:51] | a couple of days later, my jam was ready to go on sale. | 几天后 我的果酱已经准备好出售了 |
[32:57] | There’s all those. | 所有果酱都在这里了 |
[32:58] | All these. | 所有的 |
[33:01] | It cost nothing to plant the blackberries. | 种植黑莓一分钱都没花 杰里米果汁 迪丽斯库阿特黑莓酱 |
[33:04] | I didn’t have to fertilise them. I didn’t have to do anything. | 我不必给它们施肥 我不必做任何事 |
[33:07] | Eat your heart out, Kaleb. | 你就酸吧 卡莱布 |
[33:15] | Look what I have got for you. | 看我给你带来了什么 |
[33:17] | No way! – Yes way! | – 不可能吧 – 当然可能 |
[33:20] | – How much can we sell it for? – What would you like to charge? | – 一罐能卖多少钱? – 你想卖多少钱? |
[33:23] | Well, it cost 1.49 pounds to make. | 这个嘛 它的制作成本是1.49英镑 |
[33:26] | 60p for the jar, 47p for the label, | 每罐的罐子60便士 |
[33:29] | and 42p for the sugar in each one. | 标签47便士 糖42便士 |
[33:32] | I think 3.60 pounds is a reasonable amount. | 我觉得卖3.6英镑很合理 |
[33:34] | – I mean, I can sell it for 4.80. It’s 3.60. | 我可以卖到4.8英镑 |
[33:37] | I’m not having any of your… | 3.6英镑 我不会采纳你所说的 |
[33:39] | “Well, hoo, we can get away with charging more.” | “我们可以多收点钱” |
[33:41] | 3.60. | 就3.6英镑 |
[33:44] | As good as it was to see my jam on the shelves, | 虽然看到我的果酱摆在货架上很好 |
[33:49] | I knew that my current sources of income from farming the unfarmed | 但我知道我目前 |
[33:53] | would soon dry up. | 在开发未耕地计划中获得收入的来源 很快就会枯竭 |
[33:57] | Autumn was now upon us, | 秋天已经来临 |
[33:59] | which meant the bees would knock off for the year | 这意味着蜜蜂即将停产 |
[34:02] | and the hedges would become bereft of fruit. | 树篱将空无一物 果实尽失 |
[34:06] | However, I’d had another money-making brainwave | 然而 我有了另一个赚钱的点子 |
[34:10] | and I couldn’t wait to tell Charlie all about it. | 我迫不及待地想告诉查理了 |
[34:16] | I’ve got a new thing. | 我有了一个新想法 |
[34:19] | Pigs. | 猪 |
[34:21] | Pigs? | 猪? |
[34:22] | Pigs. And there’s method in my madness. | 猪 这个看似疯狂的想法暗藏玄机 |
[34:27] | This is the Prime Minister speaking. Ready? | 这是首相讲话 准备好了吗? |
[34:31] | In a fortnight I’m going to Paris | 两周后 |
[34:34] | for the world’s largest food trade fair | 我要去巴黎 参加世界上最大的食品博览会 |
[34:36] | and I will be bigging-up British products. | 我将大力宣传英国产品 |
[34:40] | In December, I’ll be in Beijing, opening up new pork markets. | 十二月 我会去北京 开辟新的猪肉市场 |
[34:48] | And she paused there for applause that didn’t come. | 她停下来等待掌声 但没人鼓掌 |
[34:51] | But I was paying attention. | 但我注意到了 |
[34:53] | So she’s opening up new pork markets. | 所以她要开辟新的猪肉市场 |
[34:55] | And this is a woman who’s… She’s the Prime Minister, now. | 这话出自于一个女人… 她现在是首相 |
[34:57] | Thousands and thousands of Conservative Party members have looked at her | 成千上万的保守党成员看着她说 |
[35:01] | and said “She’s wise, she’s on it, she’s bright, she’s the right choice.” | “她聪明过人 洞察一切 活力四射 是正确的选择” |
[35:04] | So she thinks there’s going to be a burgeoning pork market in China. Hmm? | 所以如果她认为能在中国 开启一个蓬勃发展的猪肉市场… |
[35:11] | So do you want to breed pigs? | 所以你想养猪? |
[35:13] | Yes! ‘Cause then you get piglets. | 对 因为这样你就能得到猪崽 |
[35:15] | It’d be fun to have little piglets running around… Won’t it? | 让猪崽跑来跑去会很有趣 对吧? |
[35:19] | It would be much easier from a management point of view… | 从管理的角度 更简单的做法是… |
[35:22] | – Yeah? – …to just buy piglets in, | – 是的 – …直接买小猪崽 |
[35:24] | fatten those up, and then kill them to sell in the farm shop. | 把它们养肥 然后把它们杀了 在农场商店售卖 |
[35:28] | But then you’d have to buy more. Why don’t you just get them breeding? | 但然后 你就得买更多猪 为什么不直接培育呢? |
[35:30] | As soon as you’ve got a breeding pig, it’s a 365 thing. | 一旦你有了一头种猪 就得365天照顾它 |
[35:34] | Somebody’s gotta be here every single day, | 每天都得有人在这里 |
[35:37] | watering, feeding, moving, checking the welfare. | 喂水、喂食、赶猪 检查其健康状况 |
[35:40] | I cannot believe pigs are complicated. | 养猪居然这么麻烦吗 |
[35:43] | So you have the babies, chop them up, sell them in the shop, sausages. | 你就买小猪崽 然后养大杀了拿去商店里卖 |
[35:47] | You get so much from a pig. | 做成香肠 猪的一身都是宝 |
[35:49] | But I just… you’ve… | 但我就…你从猪跳到了农场商店 |
[35:50] | You’ve jumped from pigs to the farm shop without, I think, full consideration of the production bit. | 但我觉得你没有全面考虑生产的事 |
[35:58] | Liz Truss says I can sell them in Beijing. She’s opening up… | 莉兹特拉斯说我们可以 在北京卖猪肉 她在开辟市场 |
[36:00] | I don’t want you to sell them in Beijing. Sell them at the farm shop. | 我宁愿你在农场商店卖 也别去北京卖 |
[36:03] | – I’m gonna sell them in there. – Who’s gonna look after them? | – 我要在那里卖猪肉 – 谁来照顾它们? |
[36:07] | – Me. – Every day? | – 我 – 每天? |
[36:09] | Yes. I’m here every day. | 是的 我每天都在这里 |
[36:11] | – When you’re not here? – Kaleb. | 你不在的时候呢? |
[36:13] | – Has he got enough time? – Yes. | – 卡莱布 – 他有足够的时间吗? |
[36:15] | – Where are they gonna live? – Well… | – 有 – 要养在哪里? 这个嘛 |
[36:18] | Because Kaleb can’t get the potatoes up, they go up into the… | 因为卡莱布无法收获土豆 – 就把它们养在… – 是的 |
[36:21] | where the potatoes are. | – …种土豆的地方 |
[36:22] | Fine. | – 好吧 |
[36:23] | We fence that bit off. | 我们用栅栏把那块地圈起来 |
[36:25] | – Yep. – They go in there. | – 好 – 它们就待在那里 |
[36:27] | And they’ll eat all the potatoes, so we get value from the potatoes. | 它们会吃掉所有土豆 这样我们种的土豆就能派上用场了 |
[36:31] | Yeah, but they won’t be there forever. | – 但土豆是会吃完的 |
[36:32] | No. Woods. They’re gonna be woodland pigs. | – 不 |
[36:35] | I can put them in the woods. | 树林 它们会成为林地猪 我可以把它们放在树林里 |
[36:37] | ‘Cause you know I’ve got that competition going with Kaleb? | 你知道我在跟卡莱布比赛吧? |
[36:39] | I told him I could generate money from the woods, | 我跟他说我可以靠树林赚钱 |
[36:42] | – yes? – Yeah. | – 对吧? – 是的 |
[36:43] | If I put pigs, once they’ve eaten all the potatoes out of there | 等猪吃完所有卡莱布 |
[36:46] | – that he’s failed to get up. – Yeah. | 种失败的土豆后 |
[36:48] | – They live in the woods, snouting around. – Yeah. | – 我会把它们养在树林里… – 好 – …在林间拱来拱去… – 好 |
[36:51] | And I’m making money from my side of the enterprise | …而我就会从我这方面赚钱 |
[36:54] | because they can truffle about, | 因为猪能自己找松露 |
[36:56] | and they just turn over the soil looking for acorns and things, don’t they? | 它们会翻土找橡子什么的 不是吗? |
[36:59] | In an idyllic sort of Winnie the Pooh world. | 这太理想化了 就像《小熊维尼》里的世界一样 |
[37:03] | They’re foragers, but they’re more like a JCB, they’re earth movers. | 它们是觅食者 但它们更像是掘土机 重型推土机 |
[37:07] | So you will regenerate the woods into a sort of stock-car track. | 所以你会把树林改造成赛车赛道的 |
[37:13] | You’ll have the local kids in there with their BMXs | 当地的孩子们 会骑着他们的越野自行车 |
[37:15] | cycling around these massive earthworks that they’ve created. | 在它们建造的巨大土方工程周围骑行 |
[37:19] | Your ne– This is your most negative yet. | – 我… – 你差点… 这是你迄今最消极的预测 |
[37:22] | I am just concerned about the production of piglets. | 我只是担心猪崽的生产问题 |
[37:25] | The idyllic nature of it in your mind… | 还有你想象中的田园风光 |
[37:28] | I want to get hundreds of them in the woods, | 我想在树林里养几百头猪 |
[37:30] | rootling around, clearing away the thorns. | 让它们四处觅食 清理荆棘… |
[37:33] | I, I, I… Look… | 我知道 我…听着… |
[37:35] | Actually, I’m gonna get on it now. I’m on it. | 事实上 我现在就会开始着手准备 |
[37:37] | I’m going to find a pig farmer. I’m gonna get some pigs. | – 我会寻找养猪场… – |
[37:39] | Piggly Squat Pork. | 好吧 …然后买一些猪 猪丽斯库阿特猪肉 |
[37:42] | Come on! | 拜托!答应吧 |
[37:43] | Yes! | |
[37:50] | As I set to work, with no help from Charlie, | 当我在没有查理帮忙的情况下 开始工作时 |
[37:54] | Kaleb took the Lambo in for a much-needed service… | 卡莱布把这辆兰博基尼拖拉机 送去进行紧急维修 |
[38:00] | And then used his own toy tractor to work the fields, | 然后用他自己的玩具拖拉机 在田地里干活 |
[38:04] | whose walls were now looking a bit tired as Gerald was still feeling poorly. | 那里的围墙看起来有点破败 因为杰拉德仍然身体不适 |
[38:12] | Then it was time for Kaleb and I to have a serious chat | 然后 卡莱布和我该认真讨论下 |
[38:15] | about how our competition was going. | 我们比赛的进展情况了 |
[38:20] | Hmm. | |
[38:21] | It looks horrible. | 看起来很可怕 |
[38:23] | Damsons in vodka. | 伏特加里泡西洋李 |
[38:25] | Leave it for a couple of months. And then, sell that. | 泡几个月 然后卖掉这酒 |
[38:29] | And we can make our own vodka, according to Lisa… | 我们可以用这些黄金土豆自制伏特加 |
[38:31] | – So how mu… – With our potatoes. | |
[38:32] | How much money’s… – There? | – 多少钱… – 这… |
[38:34] | How much money worth is that? | 那值多少钱? |
[38:35] | Three, four hundred quid. | 三四百英镑 |
[38:37] | This is the future of farming. | 这是农业的未来 |
[38:39] | It’s not a future. – Well, it is… | – 这不是未来 – 这就是 |
[38:41] | That’s gonna get someone drunk for one night. | 那会让人大醉一宿 |
[38:43] | You think one person could drink all that? | 你觉得一个人能喝完这么多? |
[38:46] | I think you could drink all of that. | 我觉得你能都喝完 |
[38:49] | We then discussed the bill for servicing the Lambo. | 然后我们讨论了 维修兰博基尼拖拉机的账单 |
[38:54] | – What is it? – Well, there’s a lot of stuff. | – 怎么了? – 有很多款项 |
[38:56] | – Yeah, I mean, it’s buggered. – Also… It’s not buggered! | – 是啊 它坏了 – 它没坏! |
[38:59] | – | – It is. It’s time to get a new… – The brakes weren’t working. |
[39:01] | Just get a new one. What’s the total? | 坏了 该买辆新的了 |
[39:03] | Could you add these up? | – 刹车失灵了 |
[39:05] | 3,259, | – 总共多少钱? |
[39:07] | 1,543, | – 你能把这些都加起来吗? |
[39:10] | 99 plus 410. | 99 加410 |
[39:14] | How much is that? | 总共是多少? |
[39:16] | 5,300 pounds. – That’s a lot of money. | 5300英镑 很大一笔钱 |
[39:19] | It’s a lot. But, I mean, I’ll get three or four years of… | 是很大一笔钱 但我能用三到四年… |
[39:21] | I mean, take that off your margins. Because, I mean, that’s… | 从你的利润里扣 因为 那… |
[39:24] | It’s not my margins. It’s your farm. | 不能从我的利润里扣 这是你的农场 |
[39:27] | – You’re doing the agricultural bit. – All right, then. | 你负责农业工作 这要从你的利润里扣 |
[39:29] | – This is coming off yours. – I wanna sell it. | – 我想把它卖了 |
[39:31] | You’re not gonna sell it. It’s my tractor. | – 你不能卖 那是我的拖拉机 |
[39:32] | Anyway, listen, we’re gonna have a chart of who’s doing best. | 总之 听我说 我们要做一张图表 看谁做得最好 |
[39:36] | Pen. | 笔 |
[39:37] | – So this is “Spent” and “Made”. – Hmm. | 这是花销和收入 |
[39:40] | -230 pounds. Yes? – Yeah. | 果酱 230英镑 |
[39:45] | 230 pounds’ profit, | – 对吧?230英镑的利润 – 对 |
[39:47] | once I’d taken the cost of the jars off and everything else, right? | 我把罐子和其他东西的成本 都扣除了 对吧? |
[39:50] | Hmm-hmm. | 你花了78000英镑买化肥 |
[39:51] | You spent 78,000 pounds on fertiliser. | 你花了78000英镑买化肥 |
[39:56] | Made nothing. | 颗粒无收 |
[40:00] | So that’s where we are at the moment. I’m 230 pounds up. | 所以这就是我们目前的情况 |
[40:03] | You’re minus 78,000 pounds. | 我赚了230英镑 你亏了78000 |
[40:06] | And how much have you spent on seed? | 你买种子花了多少钱? |
[40:08] | 2,500 on the rape. | 油菜花了两千五百英镑 |
[40:10] | So rape, which I told you not to drill, which you did: | 油菜 我让你别种 但你还是种了 |
[40:13] | 2,500. Wheat? | 两千五百 小麦? |
[40:16] | Six grand. – 6,000 pounds. | – 六千 – 六千英镑 |
[40:19] | Chemicals? – 1,500. | 化肥呢? 一千五百 |
[40:22] | Diesel? – 2,000 pounds. | 柴油? – |
[40:24] | 2,000 in diesel. | 两千英镑 – 柴油两千英镑 |
[40:26] | I don’t like this game. | – 我不喜欢这场比赛 – 就… |
[40:28] | Just… Tractor service? – You broke that though. | – 拖拉机维修 – 但那是你弄坏的 |
[40:31] | So you are now at 78, | 所以你花了七万八 |
[40:33] | 80, 86, 87, 89, 94… | 八万 八万六 八万七 八万九 九万四… |
[40:38] | minus 95,400 pounds. | 亏了95400英镑 |
[40:43] | And I’m plus 230 pounds. | 而我盈利230英镑 |
[40:48] | So I’m 95,630 pounds ahead of you. | 所以我领先你95630英镑 |
[40:55] | I haven’t– Oh, my honey! | 我还没…我的蜂蜜! |
[40:57] | 8,000 pounds. – What? | – 八千英镑 – 什么? |
[41:00] | A profitable item. | 这是个盈利项目 |
[41:02] | So I’m actually 8,230 pounds up, | 所以 我实际上赚了8230英镑 |
[41:06] | which proves my idea of farming unfarmed land… is working well. | 这证明开发未耕地的想法 效果不错 |
[41:19] | Given that Kaleb’s side of the board | 杰里米 卡莱布 |
[41:21] | looked like Boris Becker’s bank statement, | 鉴于卡莱布那边的账 看起来像鲍里斯贝克尔的银行对账单 |
[41:24] | I decided to fire up my newly serviced tractor… | 我决定启动我的新拖拉机维修计划… |
[41:29] | and help him out with some topping work in the fields. | 并帮他在田地里做些整顶工作 |
[41:34] | Kaleb’s out in his old Lamborghini today. | 卡莱布今天开的是 他那辆老兰博基尼拖拉机 |
[41:37] | So we’ve got a brace of Lamborghinis on the job. | 所以我们有两辆兰博基尼在工作 |
[41:42] | A job for Gerald there, look. A broken wall. | 那是留给杰拉德的工作 看啊 |
[41:46] | Probably badgers. | 破损的围墙 还有獾 |
[41:49] | What’s it like to have your tractor back then? | 开回你的拖拉机感觉如何? |
[41:52] | It’s so nice. And it stops when I want it to. | 非常好 我想让它停的时候 它就会停 |
[41:56] | Brakes are good. Power’s good. | 刹车很好 动力不错 |
[41:59] | Comfort’s good. Air conditioning’s working. | 很舒适 空调也在正常运转 |
[42:08] | Hello? | 喂? |
[42:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:16] | Hi. How’s things? | 嗨 还好吗? |
[42:22] | Oh no. | 不是吧 |
[42:35] | Right. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[42:38] | Is there anything you want? | 有什么你想要的吗? |
[42:41] | Right. Okay. Look, I’ll see you later on, okay? | 那好吧 好的 我们稍后见 好吗? |
[42:45] | All right. Take care. | 好的 |
[42:51] | Gerald’s got cancer. | 保重 杰拉德得了癌症 |
[42:55] | Oh shit. | 见鬼 创意监督 杨婕 |