时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [theme music playing] | |
[00:08] | 克拉克森的农场 | |
[00:11] | 第12章 纠缠不休 | |
[00:20] | [“The Air That I Breathe” by The Hollies playing] | |
[00:27] | [Jeremy] Without a doubt, the cows had been a very pleasing addition | 毫无疑问 |
[00:28] | 奶牛对迪丽斯库阿特农场来说 是令人愉悦的新成员 | |
[00:30] | to Diddly Squat farm. | |
[00:33] | [music continues] | |
[00:38] | Good cows. | 乖乖牛 |
[00:43] | Aren’t they great? Really. I mean, look at them! | 它们很棒 不是吗? 真的 看它们的样子 |
[00:48] | [Jeremy] They’d come here to rejuvenate the soil. | 把它们弄到这是为了恢复土地 它们做得很好 |
[00:50] | And they were doing a good job. | |
[00:53] | [Jeremy] Hello, Pepper! How are you this morning? | 你好 胡椒 |
[00:55] | 你今早好吗? | |
[00:57] | [mooing] | |
[01:00] | [Jeremy] But to make that eco project pay its way, | 但是为了让这个生态项目有所收入 |
[01:04] | they’d need to produce meat for my new restaurant. | 它们需要为我的新餐厅提供肉类 |
[01:08] | [Jeremy] Come on, Deeny. In you go. | 来吧 迪尼 进去 |
[01:10] | [Jeremy] Which is why, a month earlier, | 因此一个月前我们花了500英镑 |
[01:11] | we’d spent £500 | |
[01:13] | artificially inseminating Deeny and Pepper. | 为迪尼和胡椒进行人工授精 |
[01:17] | [Dilwyn] Two heifers potentially pregnant. | 两头可能怀孕的小母牛 |
[01:21] | [Jeremy] Come on, mooties. | 来吧 小可爱们 |
[01:24] | [Jeremy] And today, Dilwyn the vet would find out | 而今天 兽医迪尔翁 |
[01:26] | 会看看授精是否成功 | |
[01:27] | if the treatment had worked. | |
[01:30] | So I’m basically doing a scan. | 我在做扫描 |
[01:32] | There’s a beam of ultrasound coming out from there, | 这个东西会发出超声波 |
[01:34] | and then you will see what I see through these. | 然后你会通过这个仪器 看到我看到的东西 |
[01:37] | – Oh, you’ve got your goggles on. – I’ve got my goggles on. | – 你戴上了护目镜 – 我戴上了护目镜 |
[01:43] | Right. Okay. That’s the uterus. | 好的 这就是子宫 |
[01:46] | So we’re basically slicing the uterus and we’re looking at the cut surface. | 我们现在要切开子宫 观察切面 |
[01:49] | You know these things, when woman are pregnant? | – 嗯 – 你知道这类操作 |
[01:51] | I’ve never been able to see a baby. | 当女人怀孕时 我从没见过婴儿 |
[01:53] | When they show you those ultrasound photographs, I can never see a baby. | 他们会给你看超声波照片 但你永远看不到婴儿 |
[01:57] | – [Dilwyn] It’ll look like a broad bean. – [Lisa] A broad bean? | – 它看起来像蚕豆 – 蚕豆 |
[02:01] | [Lisa] Um… | |
[02:03] | I can’t see a calf in here. | – 我看不到小牛 – 天啊! |
[02:06] | Oh God. | |
[02:08] | [Dilwyn] So she’s not in calf as far as I’m concerned. | 我认为它没有怀孕 |
[02:12] | [Jeremy] Come on, Pepper, my love. | 来吧 胡椒 亲爱的 |
[02:14] | There she goes! | 它进去了 |
[02:16] | Right, I’ve gotcha. | – 行了 – 我关住你了 |
[02:17] | [Lisa] I think she’s gonna be up the duff. | 我猜她已经怀孕了 |
[02:21] | [Jeremy] So we’re looking for a broad bean. | 所以我们要寻找蚕豆? |
[02:23] | [Dilwyn] A white broad bean in black fluid. | 黑色液体中的白色蚕豆 |
[02:35] | [Lisa] Come on, Pepper. | 来吧 胡椒 |
[02:38] | [Dilwyn] No, she’s not in calf. | 不 它没有怀孕 |
[02:42] | [Jeremy] Bugger. Bugger, bugger. | 混蛋! |
[02:45] | – [Dilwyn] It is a bit sad, isn’t it? – [Lisa] Yeah. | – 有点难过 对吗? – 是的 |
[02:47] | So, you’ve gotta decide where you want to go from here. | 好好想想你接下来要做什么 |
[02:52] | [Jeremy] Well, we’ve gotta get them pregnant somehow. | 我们一定要用某种方式让它们怀孕 |
[02:54] | Shall we try and bring them on one more time for A.I.? | 假设我们再给它们授精一次 |
[02:57] | [Jeremy] Well, if we do another A.I. | 如果我们再做一次授精 但还是失败 |
[03:00] | and it doesn’t work, then we’re going to have this gap | |
[03:02] | 我们就会有这个缺口 | |
[03:03] | where the ladies and gentlemen will come to the restaurant, | 人们来到餐厅 |
[03:06] | and we’ll have to serve them salad. | 我们只能给他们上沙拉 |
[03:08] | Nobody wants to eat that shit. | 没人想吃那玩意 |
[03:11] | You could get a bull in. | 你可以找一头公牛 现在这个时候找公牛更好 |
[03:13] | The timing is better with a bull. | |
[03:15] | The amount of semen that the bull deposits is a lot greater. | 公牛能射入的精液要多得多 |
[03:19] | And also it’s fresher as well. | 而且也更新鲜 |
[03:21] | Are you allowed to just keep bulls? | – 我可以养公牛吗? – 可以 |
[03:22] | – Yeah. – [Dilwyn] Yeah, you are. | |
[03:23] | But you’d have to put signs up at the footpath. | 你得张贴标语 |
[03:26] | – [Kaleb] Yeah, it’s fine. – To say “Beware of the bull”. | – 嗯 那可以 – 上面写着“当心公牛” |
[03:28] | The nuclear option, which isn’t quite so popular, | 有种不太受欢迎的最极端的选择 |
[03:31] | is that you eat the heifers. | 就是吃掉你的小母牛 |
[03:34] | – Eat them? – [Dilwyn] You slaughter the heifers. | – 吃掉它们? – 宰杀小母牛 |
[03:36] | – We gave them names! – Now, there’s an idea. | – 我们给它们起了名字! – 这只是个想法 |
[03:38] | I’m not eating Pepper! And that’s just an end of it. | 我不吃母牛胡椒 别再谈了 |
[03:41] | These two are the heifers that were bought for breeding purposes. | 这两头是为繁殖而购买的小母牛 |
[03:45] | [Kaleb] Welcome to farming. | 欢迎从事农业 |
[03:48] | You’ve just gotta push it down. | |
[03:49] | [Jeremy] With that terrible thought in mind, | 带着这个可怕的想法 |
[03:52] | I booked the heifers in for another round of expensive A.I., | 我为小母牛预定了 另一轮昂贵的人工授精 |
[03:56] | even though Cheerful Charlie had said that in this neck of the woods, | 尽管快乐的查理曾说过 在这片树林的狭长地带里 |
[04:00] | there’s a good chance the cows wouldn’t live that long. | 奶牛很可能不会活那么久 |
[04:05] | Earlier in the week, he brought along a map | 本周早些时候 他带来了一张地图 |
[04:08] | which charted the alarming spread | 上面记录了该地区致命牛结核病的 惊人传播情况 |
[04:10] | of deadly bovine tuberculosis in the area. | |
[04:14] | It’s like a hotspot in this part of the world. | 这里是这部分区域的热点区 |
[04:16] | [Jeremy] Jesus. That’s close, in Bledington. | 天啊! |
[04:17] | 很近 就在布莱丁顿 | |
[04:19] | – Look on Norton, of Chipping Norton… – [Jeremy] Oh, yes. | 找找诺顿 |
[04:21] | – [Charlie] I would say that’s closer. – [Jeremy] That’s a mile away from here. | – 没错 – 这个更近 |
[04:23] | 离这里1.5公里远 | |
[04:27] | [Jeremy] So, as Dilwyn was here, | 于是 当迪尔翁来时 我坐下来听他讲更详细的简报 |
[04:29] | I sat down with him to get fully briefed. | |
[04:33] | Cows can either get it from other cows with TB | 奶牛可以从其他 患有结核病的奶牛那感染病菌 |
[04:36] | or they can get it from wildlife. | 或者从野生动物那染上 |
[04:38] | – Which is deer and badgers. – [Dilwyn] Yeah. | 包括鹿和獾 |
[04:40] | 因为奶牛很好奇 | |
[04:41] | You know, the cows are quite inquisitive. | |
[04:43] | So basically when they have a badger walking across the field, | 当有一只獾穿过田野时 |
[04:47] | they’ll go up and sniff that badger. | 它们会上去嗅那只獾 |
[04:49] | They can’t do that with a deer | 鹿就不行 因为鹿会跑掉 |
[04:50] | ’cause the deer’s gone three fields away. | |
[04:52] | Whereas a badger will actually interact with a cow. | 獾会与牛互动 |
[04:55] | And the thing is with deer and foxes | 问题是就鹿和狐狸而言 |
[04:57] | is that you can actually shoot foxes and keep them away from your land. | 你可以射杀狐狸 让它们远离你的牧区 |
[05:01] | You can’t shoot badgers and keep them away from your land. | 你不能射杀獾 从而让它们远离你的牧区 |
[05:04] | They are a protected species since mid-1980s. | 自上世纪80年代中期以来 它们就成了保护动物 |
[05:08] | To stop badger baiting. | 要防止獾引诱奶牛 |
[05:09] | But badger baiting isn’t a problem anymore. | 但这已不再是个问题 |
[05:12] | So I think the government needs to adjust | 我认为政府需要调整 |
[05:15] | what is protected and what is not protected | 什么该保护 什么不受保护 |
[05:18] | because some of the animals are over-protected at the moment. | 因为目前有些动物已经保护过度 |
[05:22] | And if one of my cows catches it, | 如果我的一头奶牛感染了病菌 |
[05:24] | it has to be shot? | – 我必须用枪杀了它? – 是的 |
[05:26] | Yes, it has to be, yeah. | 必须的 没错 |
[05:29] | Um… | |
[05:31] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[05:32] | You’ve got Brian May running around going, “Oh, badgers are lovely,” | 布赖恩梅到处说 |
[05:35] | and Countryfile telling you every week: | “獾很可爱” 每周都会跟你这么说 |
[05:37] | “Aren’t they sweet and aren’t they fluffy, | “它们不可爱吗? 毛茸茸的 不是吗?” |
[05:39] | and look at their little whiskers.” | |
[05:40] | So I can’t shoot them ’cause everyone thinks they’re sweet. | 所以我不能枪杀它们 因为每个人都认为它们很可爱 |
[05:44] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[05:45] | You’ve got a bit of a voice at the moment. So it might be worth… | 你有发言权 可能值得… |
[05:48] | I know, but I’ve got a voice ’cause of this lot. | 我有发言权 因为这有这块地… |
[05:51] | And because I’ve got this lot we can’t… | 因为我有这块地 我们不能悄悄地违法吗? |
[05:54] | quietly break the law. | |
[05:55] | Yes. But the… | 不能 但是… |
[05:56] | Why don’t you all go and do The Holiday Programme or something for a week? | 你们为什么不去做一个 |
[05:58] | 假期计划或一周项目什么的? | |
[06:02] | And then come back in a week… | 然后一周后再回来 |
[06:04] | We could have solved our badger problem. | – 我们本可以解决獾问题 – 解决獾问题 是的 |
[06:06] | We’ll have solved the badger problem, yes. | |
[06:09] | [upbeat music] | |
[06:13] | [Jeremy] Following my chat with Dilwyn, | 在与迪尔翁交谈之后 我决定弄清 |
[06:15] | I decided to find out how many badgers were living on the farm. | |
[06:16] | 农场里住着多少獾 | |
[06:19] | How are you, Tom? | 你好吗 汤姆? |
[06:21] | [Jeremy] Which meant calling up conservationist Tom… | 这意味着要请来环保主义者汤姆… |
[06:24] | – Are you well? – Yeah, I am, yeah. | – 你还好吗? – 我很好 |
[06:26] | [Jeremy] …who, in the last series, | 他在上一季中 |
[06:28] | had put me firmly in my place on the issue of water voles. | 在水田鼠问题上 让我坚定了自己的立场 |
[06:33] | What if we just scooped the whole area up? | 如果我们把整个区域都翻一遍呢? |
[06:36] | The water vole wouldn’t know. | 水田鼠不会知道的 然后把东西放在那边 |
[06:38] | And then go and put it over there? | |
[06:39] | – No, Jeremy. No. – Why not? | – 不行 杰里米 不可以 – 为什么不行? |
[06:44] | [Jeremy] Tom had brought along badger specialist Andy. | 汤姆带来了研究獾的专家安迪 |
[06:47] | This is where they mainly go in, that way. | 这是它们主要会去的地方 那条路 |
[06:50] | [Jeremy] And we all set off to look for evidence of badger life | 我们都出发去寻找獾在这生活的证据 |
[06:54] | which, worryingly, didn’t take long. | 令人担忧的是这并没有花很长时间 |
[06:57] | [Andy] You’ve got a couple of very active holes in here. | 这里有几个非常活跃的洞 |
[06:59] | You see how many tons of soil have been kicked out? | 看看掘出了多少吨土? |
[07:02] | – This one here. – [Jeremy] Oh my… | – 这里有一个 – 天啊 |
[07:03] | [Andy] Yeah, plenty of activity around here. | 这里有很多活动痕迹 |
[07:05] | We’ve got a big old sett entrance here. | 这里有一个很大的旧入口 |
[07:07] | – More tracks there. – [Tom] Yeah. | – 有更多通道吗? – 是的 |
[07:09] | – [Jeremy] That looks man-made. – [Tom] Yeah. | 看起来像是人造的 不是吗? 像是维多利亚时代的下水道? |
[07:11] | [Jeremy] It looks like a sort of Victorian sewer. | |
[07:14] | The other one is absolutely enormous just through here. | 另一个绝对非常大 就通过这里 |
[07:17] | [Jeremy] Jesus Christ! | 天啊 |
[07:19] | How big’s a badger sett under the ground? | 獾的地下洞穴有多大? |
[07:22] | [Tom] What do you think, Andy, for this one? | 你怎么看 安迪? |
[07:24] | Well, some of them can go up to forty metres | 其中一些可以深入地下40米 |
[07:28] | underneath the ground. But normally five, ten, fifteen metres down. | 但通常是5米、10米、15米 |
[07:31] | There’ll be several chambers dotted around. | 周围会有几个房间 |
[07:33] | – Five or ten metres? – Metres, yeah. | – 5米或10米? – 嗯 米 |
[07:35] | Well, imagine a forty-footer, a forty-metre one. | 想象一个40英尺 40米的高度 真是够大的 |
[07:37] | I mean, that’s enormous. | |
[07:40] | [Jeremy] Tom’s trademark red flags hammered home the problem. | 汤姆标志性的红旗直插在问题上 |
[07:44] | And he was quick to warn me not to think | 他很快警告我别打那些 他以为我正在打的主意 |
[07:47] | what he thought I was thinking. | |
[07:51] | [Tom] Unfortunately, Jeremy, | 很不幸 你面临的是这个国家里 |
[07:52] | you’re facing one of the most heavily legislated mammals in the country. | |
[07:53] | 受最严厉的立法保护的哺乳动物之一 | |
[07:55] | [Jeremy] You can’t shoot them. | – 不能射杀它们? – 不行 |
[07:57] | – No. – Or gas them. | – 或者用毒气? – 不行 |
[07:58] | – No. – Or fill in their holes. | – 或者填了它们的洞? – 不行 |
[07:59] | Nope. | |
[08:00] | Oh, it’s always “no”. | 答案永远是不行 但我们可以这样 |
[08:03] | But… Let’s put it this way. | |
[08:06] | I have a friend, | 我有个朋友 |
[08:09] | who lives nearby. | 他住在附近 |
[08:11] | And he’s dealing with his badger problem… | 他在晚上的时候 |
[08:14] | at night. | 处理獾的问题 |
[08:18] | What would happen to him if he were to be caught shooting the badgers? | 如果他被逮到射杀獾 |
[08:21] | – 他会怎么样? – 如果他被抓住 | |
[08:23] | If he was caught, basically, | |
[08:24] | 破坏洞穴 伤害獾 杀死獾 | |
[08:26] | damaging the sett, | |
[08:27] | harming a badger, killing a badger, | |
[08:30] | if there’s any evidence that follows that, | 如果有证据表明你这么做了… |
[08:32] | then you can be proved that you’ve done it… | |
[08:33] | No, my friend’s done it. | – 不 是我的朋友干的 – 如果你的朋友这么做了 |
[08:34] | OK, well if your friend’s done it, | |
[08:36] | he’s susceptible to risk 12 months in prison. | 他很可能要面临入狱12个月的风险 |
[08:40] | – Right. I’ll tell him. – £40,000 fine per badger. | – 我会告诉他的 – 杀死每只獾罚款4万英镑 |
[08:44] | – Per badger? – And per sett. | – 每只獾? – 以及每个洞穴 |
[08:47] | – So… – So he could be in serious trouble. | – 所以他可能有大麻烦了? – 可能有大麻烦了 |
[08:50] | Could be in serious trouble. Don’t disturb the setts. | |
[08:51] | 不要破坏洞穴 | |
[08:53] | No. | 不要 |
[08:55] | [soft music] | |
[08:57] | [Jeremy] There was, of course, always the slim chance the setts were empty. | 当然 洞穴是空着的可能性很小 |
[09:02] | So to find out, Casper the cameraman set up some Claymores– | 所以为了找出答案 摄影师卡斯柏放了些地雷 |
[09:06] | I mean trap cams. | 我指的是陷阱摄像头 |
[09:09] | [ominous music] | |
[09:12] | And the results were terrifying. | 结果很可怕 |
[09:15] | [music continues] | |
[09:33] | [Jeremy] Since my poor herd was clearly in the cow equivalent of Rorke’s Drift… | 由于我可怜的牛群 显然面临着牛界的罗克渡口战役 |
[09:41] | I was forced to spend even more money | 我不得不花更多的钱 |
[09:44] | installing some badger protection measures. | 安装一些防獾装置 |
[09:47] | On that rough bit of ground there. | 在那块崎岖不平的土地上 |
[09:49] | [Jeremy groans] | |
[09:50] | [Jeremy] We raised the height of the water troughs. | 我们加高了水槽 |
[09:54] | [Jeremy] Take that, badger! | – 接受吧 獾 – 完美 |
[09:55] | [Kaleb] Perfect. | |
[09:57] | [Jeremy] Electrified the fences near their setts. | 给它们洞穴附近的围栏通电 |
[10:01] | And installed some new feed troughs. | 并安装了一些新的饲料槽 |
[10:04] | [Kaleb] That’s it. | 好了 |
[10:06] | Got these rollers on the sides | 四边有这些滚筒 |
[10:08] | so that when the badger comes and puts his paws on, it goes like that, | 所以当獾把爪子放在上面时 |
[10:11] | falls down. | 就会跌倒 偷不到牛的食物 |
[10:13] | He can’t get at the cow food, so he can’t spread his germs around. | |
[10:15] | 也就不能四处传播病菌 | |
[10:18] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[10:22] | [Jeremy] And the expensive cow jobs weren’t finished there, | 昂贵的养牛工作还没完 |
[10:25] | because, with winter approaching, | 因为随着冬天的临近 我们现在不得不为它们建造一个畜棚 |
[10:28] | we now had to build them a barn. | |
[10:31] | [Jeremy] Can I just ask : | – 我可以问一下吗? – 嗯 |
[10:33] | why the cows need to come in in the winter? | 为什么奶牛要在冬天时进来? |
[10:36] | Why do we need to build them all that? | 为什么我们要建这些? |
[10:38] | [Kaleb] Normally, the ground can’t take them. | 通常是因为地面不能承受它们 |
[10:40] | So, like, they weigh about a ton, yeah? | 它们有一吨重 |
[10:43] | And some cows obviously weigh a little more. | 是的 有些奶牛明显更重一些 |
[10:46] | But ours weigh about a ton. | 重约一吨 在冬天的几个月里 |
[10:47] | So therefore in the winter months, when it gets really wet, | |
[10:48] | 当地面变得很湿时 地面就会积水 | |
[10:50] | the ground gets poached and they could stand up into there. | |
[10:51] | – 它们会站到那里面 – 破坏地表 | |
[10:52] | They ruin the ground? | |
[10:54] | So you have to put them in a shed? | – 所以你必须把它们关在一个棚子里 – 是的 关在棚子里 |
[10:56] | Yeah, in a shed. | |
[10:58] | [Jeremy] The team building the shed said | 搭建棚子的团队说 如果我想帮点忙的话 |
[11:00] | that if I wanted to make myself useful, | |
[11:02] | I could take away the subsoil they were digging up | 我可以带走他们挖掘出来的底土 |
[11:04] | to make the site level. | 让地面保持平坦 |
[11:07] | I always think that if you’re going to wear one, | 我一直认为 如果你要穿一件 |
[11:09] | you better be safe and wear two, ’cause it’s just stupid | 那为了安全起见 你最好穿两件 因为只穿一件很蠢 |
[11:13] | to only wear one. | |
[11:15] | There we go, I’m fully safe. | 我们开始了 我很安全 |
[11:16] | [man] I got you a double XL as well. | 我给你也带来了超大号 |
[11:18] | You can fuck off. | 你可以滚蛋了 |
[11:20] | [laughs] | |
[11:22] | [upbeat music] | |
[11:26] | [Jeremy] Once the soil was loaded, | 一旦土壤被装到车上 |
[11:28] | I took it to a small abandoned quarry at the top end of the farm. | 我就把它们运到 农场远端的一个废弃小采石场里 |
[11:32] | [upbeat music] | |
[11:36] | [Jeremy] Here we go, ramming speed. | 开始了 全速前进 |
[11:41] | Let’s see if I can get this to go in the hole. | 看看我能不能把它们倒进这个洞里 |
[11:43] | Tilting. | 倾斜 |
[11:45] | Oh yeah. | 嗯 |
[11:47] | – Hello! – [Charlie] Hi. | – 你好 – 嗨 |
[11:48] | – [Jeremy] How are you? – All right, thanks. How are you? | – 你好吗? – 我很好 你好吗? |
[11:50] | [Jeremy] Good. | 挺好的 |
[11:51] | So this is the spoil from the cattle shed? | 所以这个战利品是来自… |
[11:54] | The cow house, yes. | – 牛棚? – 牛舍 是的 |
[11:55] | As long as you’ve done your waste exemption licence you’re fine. | 只要你获得垃圾免责许可证就行 |
[11:59] | [Jeremy] What? – You haven’t filled one out, have you? – No, Charlie, it’s my quarry. | – 什么? – 你还没填好 是吗? |
[12:01] | 没有 查理 这是我的采石场 | |
[12:04] | [Charlie] I know. – So I am moving– – But how do you– | – 我知道 – 所以我要搬… |
[12:06] | – 如果你有… – 但是你怎么知道… | |
[12:07] | If you have a garden– | |
[12:08] | You have to declare that the soil you’re putting in there | 你必须声明 |
[12:09] | 你放在那里的土壤没有污染 | |
[12:11] | is free from contamination. | |
[12:13] | So you have to fill out a waste exemption licence. | 所以你必须填写垃圾免责许可 |
[12:16] | – There is a soil police? – There is a soil police. | – 有土壤警察吗? – 有土壤警察 |
[12:19] | There’s an every sort of police. Anyway… | 真是有各种各样的警察 |
[12:20] | – I’ve got some great news. – What? | – 算了 我有一些好消息 – 什么? |
[12:23] | Have you seen Kaleb’s runway at the rape? | 你看见卡莱布油菜田里的跑道了吗? |
[12:27] | [Jeremy] The runway turned out to be indisputable evidence | 跑道有力地证明了 |
[12:30] | that the self-proclaimed “best farmer at Diddly Squat” | 自称为迪丽斯库阿特最好的农民 |
[12:34] | had screwed up. | 把事搞砸了 |
[12:36] | That brown patch, that’s Kaleb’s, that’s not been drilled. | 棕色的那一块 就是卡莱布忘记条播的地方 |
[12:39] | He’s missed it. | |
[12:42] | [Jeremy scoffs] Hilarious. | 搞笑 |
[12:44] | [Jeremy] I immediately abandoned my chores | 我立即放下了我的杂活 带卡莱布去兜风 |
[12:46] | so I could take Kaleb for a little drive. | |
[12:50] | [Jeremy] Um… I’ve got a question for you. | 我有个问题要问你 |
[12:53] | This field of rape, when I was in my tract- | 这片油菜田 当我在我的卡车里时… |
[12:56] | Oh, you can see it actually, even in the Range Rover. | 你坐在路虎揽胜里都能看到 |
[12:59] | Yeah, I can see it. | 是的 我可以看到 |
[13:05] | I know what you’re gonna say, as well. “You missed a bit.” | 我知道你要说什么 “你漏掉了一点” |
[13:08] | – I didn’t. – I’m really sorry, Kaleb. | – 我没有漏掉 – 对不起 卡莱布 |
[13:10] | – This is not a bit. This is… – But I didn’t miss it, though. | 这不是一点 这是… |
[13:12] | 是的 但我没有漏掉 不 老实说 我没有漏掉 | |
[13:14] | – Well… – No, honestly, I did not miss it. | |
[13:16] | [Jeremy] Look, if this is six metres, it’s the exact width of the drill. | 看 如果这有六米 那这正好是条播机的宽度 |
[13:20] | One, two, | 一、二、三、四、五、六 |
[13:22] | three, four, five, six. | |
[13:26] | [Kaleb] Yeah, but I haven’t missed it. | 是的 但我没有漏掉 |
[13:28] | – The exact width of the… – If I missed it I’d hold my hands up. | – 宽度刚好… – 如果我遗漏了 |
[13:30] | But we’ve got rape growing in there, look. | 我会举起双手投降 但我们在那播过种了 |
[13:33] | Look at that bit of rape plant there. Rape plant there. | 看 那是油菜 那里也是 |
[13:35] | – No, Kaleb. – Rape plant there. | – 不 卡莱布 – 那是油菜 |
[13:37] | [Jeremy] Drilled. | – 已经播过种了 – 已经播过种了 |
[13:40] | Drilled. – Not drilled. – It is drilled. | – 没有播种 – 已经播了 |
[13:42] | [Jeremy] You haven’t drilled it. | 你没有给这边播种 |
[13:44] | I mean, it’s all very well saying there’s rape growing in it. | 说得很好 里面长着油菜 |
[13:47] | There’s one… | – 有一个… – 二、三、四、五 |
[13:49] | Two. | |
[13:51] | Three, four, five. | |
[13:53] | [Jeremy] That’s a dandelion. | 这是蒲公英 |
[13:55] | [Kaleb] It’s not my fault. | 这不是我的错 |
[13:57] | I’m not taking the blame for this. | – 我不为此承担责任 – 什么? |
[13:58] | What? | |
[14:00] | Who was it? Nicholas Witchell? | 那是谁?尼古拉斯维切尔? |
[14:02] | Judi Dench? Who did it? | 朱迪丹奇?谁干的? |
[14:07] | [Jeremy] Given that Kaleb was occasionally incompetent | 考虑到卡莱布有时不称职 |
[14:10] | and I was constantly useless, | 我又老是帮不上忙 |
[14:12] | it was odd that we’d been invited | 没想到我们竟然被邀请参加 在伯明翰举行的英国农业奖 |
[14:14] | to the British Farming Awards in Birmingham | |
[14:17] | to receive a gong. | 并领取奖章 |
[14:19] | Naturally, Kaleb said he needed a new haircut for the occasion. | 卡莱布说他需要为 这个场合剪个新发型 |
[14:25] | Which meant we were late setting off. | 也就说我们要晚点出发 |
[14:28] | But luckily my other job meant | 但幸运的是我的另一份工作 |
[14:30] | I had just the right car that week | 让我在那个星期能有一辆适合的车 |
[14:33] | to get us there on time. | 载我们准时抵达 |
[14:36] | [engine roaring] | |
[14:44] | Fucking hell! | 该死的! |
[14:52] | [Kaleb] I want one. | 我要一个 |
[14:53] | – You want one of these? – Yeah. | – 你想要这个牌子? – 是的 |
[14:55] | Lambos are the best. If you’re gonna have a really, really idiotic car, | 兰博基尼是最好的 如果你想要一辆非常蠢的车的话 |
[14:59] | you have to have a Lamborghini, | 你必须买一辆兰博基尼 |
[15:01] | because they’re the most idiotic cars. | 因为它们是最蠢的车 |
[15:04] | [Kaleb laughs] You have to love it. | 你不得不爱 |
[15:06] | So go on, just talk me through your hair. | 继续说吧 跟我说说你的发型 |
[15:08] | What style would you call that? | 你称之为什么风格? |
[15:12] | – Um… – What did you say to the barber? | 我的意思是 你对理发师说了什么? |
[15:14] | “Can I have tram lines?” And she knew exactly what I meant. | “我可以乘坐电车吗?” 然后她就明白了我的意思 |
[15:17] | Alright, tram lines. But then the bit on the top… | 好吧 但是上面的一点… |
[15:19] | That’s a perm, still. | 那是烫发 |
[15:20] | – No! – It is. | – 不对 – 是! |
[15:21] | It’s completely different to your old perm. | 这与你以前烫的完全不同 |
[15:23] | It’s a bit of volume in the perm. | 做蓬松了些 |
[15:25] | I think you and Gerald should start a new British detective programme | 我认为你和杰拉德 应该搞一个新的英国侦探节目 |
[15:30] | called Perm and Mullet. | 叫做《烫发和鲻鱼》 |
[15:33] | It sounds like a couple of detectives | 听起来像一对侦探 |
[15:35] | who run around the countryside solving rural crime. | 在农村四处游荡解决农村犯罪案件 |
[15:40] | [Kaleb] I farm all this. | 我的农场 这些都是 |
[15:41] | What, this? Oh, it’s you? | 什么 这些?那是你的吗? |
[15:43] | Yeah, this farm here. | 是的 这座农场 |
[15:45] | So have you missed a bit on this farm as well? | 那么 你也有点想念这个农场吧? |
[15:48] | I think I vaguely remember that, actually. | 我隐约记得 |
[15:53] | [upbeat music] | |
[15:57] | [Jeremy] As darkness fell, | 夜幕降临时 我们到达了农场颁奖典礼 |
[15:59] | we arrived at the farming Oscars. | |
[16:02] | Ah, there you go. Drop me off over there. | 走那边 我在那下车 |
[16:04] | – Where? – Just by the red carpet. | – 哪里? – 就在红地毯旁边 |
[16:06] | I’m not dropping you by the red carpet. | 我不会在红地毯旁让你下车的 |
[16:08] | – Why? – I’m not dropping you. | – 为什么? – 我不会让你下车的 |
[16:10] | – Just over there. – I am not your chauffeur. | – 那边 – 我不是你的司机 |
[16:11] | – [Kaleb] It’s my award. – [Jeremy] It’s not your award. | 这是我的奖项 |
[16:13] | – 这不是你的奖项 – 这是 | |
[16:14] | [Kaleb] It is. Please? Just… just there. | 请停在那里 |
[16:17] | – Oh, for God’s sake. – Thank you. All right? | – 看在上帝的份上 – 谢谢 好的 |
[16:20] | Thank you. | – 谢谢 – 你欠我一个人情 |
[16:21] | [Jeremy] You owe me one for this. | |
[16:24] | Go and park the car. | 去把车停好 |
[16:26] | How’re we doing? | 你们好吗? |
[16:28] | – Make sure it’s close. – [Jeremy] Shut up. | – 别停得太远 – 闭嘴 |
[16:31] | Oh, I’m gonna have to go round the block. Jesus. | 现在我必须绕过街区 天啊! |
[16:34] | How’re we doing? | 你们好吗? |
[16:36] | [upbeat music] | |
[16:39] | [Jeremy] Inside, Kaleb’s red-carpet moment continued. | 进去后 卡莱布的红毯时刻还在继续 |
[16:43] | We just want to celebrate. That’s all we want. | 我们想自拍一下 就是这样 |
[16:45] | You deserve a medal! | 你值得一枚奖牌! |
[16:47] | [woman] Would you just give us a photo? | 你能给我们拍张照吗? |
[16:49] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[16:54] | Yeah, the only difference between genetically and modifying | 转基因的唯一区别就是 |
[16:57] | is that you can insert DNA from different organisms. | 你可以植入不同生物体的DNA |
[17:00] | But with gene editing, you’re editing the organism itself. | 但是基因编辑是在编辑有机体本身 |
[17:04] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[17:07] | [Kaleb] See my little cufflinks? | 看我的小袖扣 |
[17:09] | [woman] Aw! They’re wicked! – That’s so cute! – Where’d you get those from? | – 很酷! – 很可爱! |
[17:11] | 你从哪里弄来的? | |
[17:13] | [Jeremy] Once the rural Brad Pitt had finished doing the rounds… | 在乡下的布拉德皮特 逐个打完招呼后… |
[17:17] | [Vernon Kay] Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! | 女士们 先生们 晚上好! |
[17:19] | [Jeremy] …we sat down for the awards, | …我们坐下来等待领奖 |
[17:20] | which were being hosted by none other than Vernon Kay. | 主持人别无他人 正是维罗那凯 |
[17:24] | Ladies and gentlemen, you are the great, | 女士们、先生们 你们是英国农业产业 |
[17:27] | the good, the awesome of the British farming industry. | |
[17:29] | 伟大的、善良的、令人敬畏的一群人 | |
[17:32] | [applause] | |
[17:33] | [Jeremy] How right he was. | 他说得真好 |
[17:35] | James Drummond! A&WJ Drummond! | 詹姆斯德拉蒙德! A&W J德拉蒙德! |
[17:38] | [applause] | |
[17:40] | [Jeremy] Over the next hour I saw awards given out to unsung heroes. | 在接下来的一个小时里 我目睹奖项被颁给许多无名英雄 |
[17:45] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[17:46] | [cheering] | 年度牛肉创新者 |
[17:48] | [Jeremy] People who work day and night at the mercy of weather, | 没日没夜工作的人们 听任于天气 |
[17:52] | world politics and Whitehall nonsense… | 世界政治 还有白厅里的废话 |
[17:54] | 罗伯特哈德利 | |
[17:56] | Just to put food on all our tables. | 只是为了把食物带到我们的餐桌上 |
[17:59] | [cheering] | 2021年英国农业奖 |
[18:00] | [applause and cheering] | |
[18:03] | [Jeremy] So I felt quite humbled when this happened. | 所以当接下来这一幕发生时 我很谦卑 |
[18:07] | The Flying the Flag for British Agriculture Award. | 英国农业奖之旗手奖 |
[18:11] | Kaleb Cooper and Jeremy Clarkson! | 卡莱布库珀和杰里米克拉克森! |
[18:13] | [applause and cheering] | |
[18:16] | Obviously I’m a fraud here. | 显然 我是这里的冒牌货 |
[18:18] | Of course I’m not a farmer. | 我当然是假的 因为我不是农民 |
[18:20] | I’m a trainee farmer at best. Stop nodding! | 我充其量是见习农民 别点头了! |
[18:23] | I couldn’t have done it without him. | 没有他 我做不到 |
[18:25] | Ladies and gentlemen, Kaleb Cooper! | 女士们、先生们 卡莱布库珀! |
[18:28] | [applause and cheering] | |
[18:31] | I won an award! | 我得奖了! |
[18:34] | [Jeremy] If this had been the Oscars, | 如果这是奥斯卡颁奖典礼 |
[18:36] | everyone would have headed off at this point | 每个人都会在这个时候离开 |
[18:39] | to the Vanity Fair after-party. | 去参加名利场晚会 |
[18:41] | Here, though, it was time for the annual cider-drinking contest. | 但现在是一年一度的 苹果酒饮酒比赛 |
[18:46] | [applause and cheering] | |
[18:48] | [Vernon Kay] Right, we have a winner. Well done! | 冠军诞生了 干得漂亮 |
[18:53] | [lively music] | |
[18:56] | [Jeremy] The next morning, while Kaleb got over his hangover… | 第二天早上 当卡莱布在宿醉中恢复过来时… |
[19:00] | 240 yards. | 220米 |
[19:02] | [Jeremy] I was up early, planning a bit of boss-hoggery. | …我起得很早 像波斯胡哥那样做计划 |
[19:07] | Right. | 好了 |
[19:08] | So each letter would be 17 yards long… | 每个字母长15米 |
[19:13] | The cockend…? | 笨蛋 |
[19:16] | No. | 不 |
[19:17] | One, two, three, four… | 一、二、三、四 |
[19:20] | [groans] | |
[19:21] | Here. | 这里 |
[19:23] | This is an S. | 这是一个S |
[19:25] | Lovely. | 很好 好了 |
[19:26] | There. | |
[19:28] | This job’s going to take a long time. | 这项工作将需要很长时间完成 |
[19:31] | But it’s worth it. | 但这是值得的 |
[19:33] | Wildflower seeds. | 野花种子 对鸟类和蜜蜂都有好处 |
[19:35] | Good for the birds, good for the bees. | |
[19:37] | And a handy reminder to Kaleb | 也能很好地提醒卡莱布 |
[19:39] | to not be on Instagram when driving a tractor. | 开拖拉机时不要玩照片墙 |
[19:44] | Yeah, that’s it. | 是的 就是这样 |
[19:48] | [Jeremy] With my message planted, | 植入我的信息后 我开始了我一天的工作 |
[19:49] | it was time to crack into the day’s jobs. | |
[19:53] | And first up there was a visit from my NFU rep Georgia | 首先 全国农民联盟代表佐治亚到访 |
[19:57] | who, in the first series, had taught me how to drive a tractor. | |
[20:02] | [Georgia] Hello! | 你好! |
[20:03] | [Jeremy] Today, though, she was here | 不过 今天她来这里 是为了谈论獾带来的威胁 |
[20:05] | to talk about the menace of badgers. | |
[20:09] | If you get TB, | 如果牛得了肺结核 你不仅会遭受巨大的经济损失 |
[20:10] | not only have you got a huge financial hit, | |
[20:13] | your hands are literally physically tied until you become clear of TB, | 而且你会束手无策 直到彻底摆脱结核病 |
[20:17] | because your farm is virtually shut down. | 因为农场会被关闭 |
[20:20] | And that means you get put under restriction. | 这意味着你会受到限制 |
[20:22] | – So the cows– – You can’t sell your beefs? | – 所以奶牛… – 你不能卖牛肉 |
[20:24] | No, and the cows you lose to TB, you can’t buy in new ones, | 不行 还有你得结核病死的奶牛 |
[20:26] | 你不能买新的 所以你不能再投资 | |
[20:28] | so your input is stopped, | |
[20:30] | and your output is stopped because you can’t sell your cows at market. | 也没有产出 |
[20:31] | 因为你不能在市场上卖你的奶牛 | |
[20:34] | And then, as you say, that’s me out of the cattle market. | 然后正如你所说 我就要离开畜牧市场 |
[20:37] | Yeah. Currently it’s costing not just farmers their livelihoods, | 是的 这会让你付出代价 不仅仅是农民的生计问题 |
[20:41] | and a huge amount of their profit… | 还会损失大量的利润… |
[20:42] | In fact some people are having to give up | 因为这个病 有些人不得不放弃 |
[20:45] | their herds and their farming practices because of the disease. | 他们的牛群和农场 |
[20:47] | It costs the taxpayer 150 million this year just gone. | 纳税人今年交的1.5亿英镑 就这样不见了 |
[20:51] | The taxpayer paid 150 million to slaughter cattle that had caught TB. | 纳税人支付了1.5亿英镑屠宰 |
[20:55] | All the measures. | – 得了结核病的牛 – 所有的措施 |
[20:56] | And farmers are being literally wiped out by it. | 农民实际上会被这打垮 |
[20:59] | But we need to have greater understanding of the disease, | 但我们需要更深入了解这种疾病 |
[21:02] | ’cause that’s only a good thing. | 因为这是唯一能带来的好处 |
[21:04] | And this is where I thought you might be interested in these. | 我认为你可能对这感兴趣 |
[21:07] | The idea of this project | 这个项目的想法 |
[21:09] | is to look into whether there’s TB in the badger carcases. | 就是检查獾的尸体里有没有结核病菌 |
[21:13] | So they’ve got to be road killed or found dead carcases. | – 是的 – 它们得是 |
[21:14] | 死于车祸或发现时就已死亡的尸体 | |
[21:16] | Sometimes when you’re driving across the road, | 有时候在开车的时候 你会在路边看到一个 |
[21:18] | you’ll see one on the side of the road. | |
[21:19] | If it’s relatively fresh, | – 是的 – 如果比较新鲜的话 |
[21:21] | that is a good candidate for this project. | 就会是这个项目不错的实验品 |
[21:24] | – So if I found a carcass on the road… – [Georgia] Yes. | – 所以 如果我在路上发现尸体 – 嗯 |
[21:27] | Which is fresh, like I’ve just run over– | 而且是新鲜的尸体 比如我刚压死的 |
[21:29] | No I haven’t, I mean someone’s just run over it. | 我没有 是别人刚刚碾过它 |
[21:31] | It could be me or Kaleb… | 可能是我… 或者卡莱布 |
[21:34] | We put it in a bag, | 我们把它放在包里 如果它得了肺结核 |
[21:35] | and then if it’s got TB | |
[21:38] | there’s a good chance | 这附近的其他獾很有可能 |
[21:40] | that the other badgers around here have got TB. | |
[21:42] | 也得了结核病 | |
[21:43] | Well, it’s about building a picture over a large landscape. | 好吧 这是在一个大背景上画蓝图 |
[21:47] | Exactly, so how many badgers have to be run over | – 所以说到… – 要有多少獾 |
[21:49] | – for you to have a meaningful figure? – Found. | 被碾死才能形成有意义的结论? |
[21:51] | So in Oxfordshire, we’re looking to find a hundred. | “被发现死亡” 在牛津郡 我们希望能有100只 |
[21:54] | So all my neighbours have got to find dead badgers. | 所以我要让所有的邻居 都去找死的獾? |
[21:59] | Roadkill or ones that are already found dead. | 死于车祸或被发现时已经死亡的 |
[22:02] | So when you find a badger you… | 当你发现一只獾时 在触碰它之前 |
[22:04] | Before touching it, | |
[22:06] | you get these bags ready. | 你要准备好这些袋子 |
[22:08] | You find your badger carcass, you’re absolutely sure it’s dead, | 如果你找到獾的尸体 你确定它已经死了 |
[22:11] | and if it isn’t you ring your vet. | 如果没有 你要打电话给兽医 |
[22:14] | You don’t just hit it with a hammer. | 你不能打它 用… |
[22:16] | No, you absolutely do not just hit it with a hammer. | 你绝对不能用锤子打它 |
[22:19] | [“Alone Again Or” by Love playing] | |
[22:26] | [Jeremy] So we were on the front foot with the badgers. | 所以 与獾的斗争中 我们占了上风 |
[22:30] | And the cowshed was coming along nicely. | 牛棚进展顺利 |
[22:36] | Which meant I could turn my attention back | 这意味着我可以将注意力 转回为餐厅制作农产品 |
[22:38] | to creating produce for the restaurant. | |
[22:42] | [music continues] | |
[22:46] | The first project had begun a while ago, | 第一个项目不久前就开始了 |
[22:49] | when I’d bought a share of a local brewery, | 我买了当地啤酒厂的股份 |
[22:51] | and asked Rick, the master brewer there, | 并请酿造大师里克 制作了一款拉格啤酒 |
[22:54] | to create a lager using Diddly Squat barley. | |
[22:55] | 使用的是迪丽斯库阿特的大麦 | |
[23:03] | [Jeremy] So this is where it’s coming from? | – 这就是它的来源 – 没错 |
[23:06] | [Rick] Exactly. | |
[23:09] | [Jeremy] And now, a couple of months later, it was ready to sample. | 现在 几个月后 已经可以品尝样酒了 |
[23:15] | [Rick] Is there a name for this beer? | 这种啤酒有名字吗? |
[23:17] | – Yeah, I’ve got an idea. – Ah, good. | 我有一个主意 |
[23:18] | 好 | |
[23:20] | There’s this rock, | 有这样一块石头 |
[23:21] | it’s not quite on the farm, but very close to where we grow the spring barley. | 它不在农场上 但离春大麦很近 |
[23:24] | – Yes. – And it’s called The Hawkstone. | – 是吗? – 它叫… |
[23:26] | 鹰之石 | |
[23:29] | It was put there by Neolithic people. | 几千年前 新石器时代的人们 就把它放在那里了 |
[23:32] | Thousands and thousands of years ago, Stonehenge time. | |
[23:34] | 像巨石阵那样 | |
[23:36] | – Wow! – It sounds cold. | 听起来很不错 |
[23:38] | – It does, doesn’t it? – It sounds Cotswoldy. | – 是的 不是吗? – 听起来像科茨沃尔德 |
[23:40] | – [Jeremy] Right, is this it? – [Rick] Yes. | – 没错 是这个吗? – 是的 |
[23:45] | Mmm! | |
[23:47] | It’s a nice beer. | 啤酒很棒 |
[23:49] | The difference between the premium and this new brew | 高端酒和这种新酿酒之间的区别 |
[23:52] | is probably all about hops as well. | 或许也与啤酒花有关 |
[23:55] | We’ve chosen some quite interesting hops, | 我们选择了一些非常有趣的啤酒花 |
[23:58] | and one has melon-type characteristics. | 一种具有瓜的特征 |
[24:02] | It’s called Hüll Melon. | 叫甜瓜 |
[24:03] | So that’s from that one hop, | 所以那是那种啤酒花酿出来的 |
[24:05] | but you might be getting other fruity flavours | 但你可以从一种叫 |
[24:07] | from a hop called Mandarina Bavaria. | 巴伐利亚柑橘的啤酒花 获得其他水果口味 |
[24:10] | Mmm. | |
[24:11] | Well it’s… It’s brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[24:13] | For me I get a soft and clean style of beer. | 我创造的是一种柔和干净的风格 |
[24:17] | So if you make a beer with a lot of maize | 所以如果你用很多玉米 |
[24:20] | or an unmalted adjunct, for example, | 或未发芽的辅料酿造啤酒 |
[24:23] | brewing authentically to the German… | 例如给德国人酿造 或优质的… |
[24:26] | [Jeremy] If I’m honest, Rick’s lecture soon became a bit fuzzy. | 老实说 里克的讲解 很快就变得有点模糊了 |
[24:30] | But even though I’d sampled many glasses of this delicious new lager, | 但即使我品尝了 很多杯这种美味的新拉格啤酒 |
[24:35] | I felt I should make a contribution. | 我还是觉得我应该做出贡献 |
[24:37] | 好的 | |
[24:38] | I’ll tell you what this is. It’s a wellness beer. | 我告诉你这是什么 这是一种健康啤酒 |
[24:41] | It’s a spa beer. | 这是一款温泉啤酒 |
[24:46] | [Jeremy] Since the man they were filming was now talking drivel… | 因为他们正在拍摄的那个人 现在正在胡言乱语… |
[24:50] | If you go to a spa, what they should say is “Would you like…” | 如果你去水疗中心 他们应该会说:“可否…” |
[24:53] | [Jeremy] …the crew decided to make better use of their time… | …大家决定更好地利用他们的时间 |
[24:57] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[24:59] | [Jeremy] …and then I was driven home | 然后一位非常耐心的导演 开车送我回家 |
[25:01] | by an extremely patient director. | |
[25:10] | It’s quite good fun, developing your own beer. | 开发自己的啤酒非常有趣 |
[25:13] | [director] Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:14] | A little bit of… | 有点儿… |
[25:16] | He says he can tweak it, that’s what brewers do, | 他说他可以做轻微调整 酿酒师就是这样做的 |
[25:19] | and he did a degree in it. | 他获得了这方面的学位 |
[25:21] | [director] Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:22] | I’ll tell you what I wanna do. Gerald, | 我告诉你我要做什么 |
[25:24] | 杰拉德 | |
[25:26] | Diddly Squat’s beer expert, let’s be honest… | 迪丽斯库阿特的啤酒专家 老实说吧 |
[25:30] | I’ve got a case in the boot, I’ll give him a shout | 我后备箱里有一个箱子 我会朝他喊一声 |
[25:33] | and he can come up and he can tell me what he thinks. | 然后他会过来告诉我他的想法 |
[25:35] | 嗯 | |
[25:37] | [Jeremy] Back at the office, I assembled my judging panel. | 回到办公室 我召集了品酒团 |
[25:41] | Ten past six. | 6点10分 |
[25:43] | That is beer time. | 现在是啤酒时间 |
[25:45] | – This is our spring barley. – Yeah. | – 这是我们的春大麦 – 是吗? |
[25:49] | – There you go. – [Kaleb] It is nice and clear, isn’t it? | – 给你 – 很好 很清澈 不是吗? |
[25:58] | It’s a nice beer, that. | |
[26:02] | [Jeremy] Over the next couple of hours, we worked our way through the case, | 在接下来的几个小时里 我们理清了这个项目 |
[26:06] | and discussed many matters of great importance. | 讨论了许多非常重要的问题 |
[26:11] | – [Jeremy] I like a beer on a hot day. – [Gerald] Yeah. | 我喜欢在大热天喝啤酒 |
[26:13] | – I do like a beer on a hot day. – [Gerald] Yeah. | – 是啊 – 我真的很喜欢啤酒 |
[26:15] | Hard day’s work, a beer after. | 辛苦了一天 然后喝杯啤酒 |
[26:17] | Yeah, a couple of these off your mouth… | |
[26:19] | [Gerald speaking indistinctly] | |
[26:22] | Sometimes whatever you have, these out there, | |
[26:24] | if it was about 90 degrees out there it’d go down a treat. | |
[26:27] | If I have a beer, I love the smell of beer. | 如果我有啤酒 我喜欢啤酒的味道 |
[26:31] | I’ve been where you’ve been and he’s been, | |
[26:33] | it’s because young barley… [Gerald speaking indistinctly] | |
[26:37] | Pickled onions or something. | |
[26:39] | Like the adverb, whatever it is, innit? | |
[26:43] | Wise words. | 说得好 |
[26:46] | Wise words. | 说得好 |
[26:47] | Yeah, I like a session beer ’cause I like a lot of pints. | |
[26:51] | – A session? A session? – A session. | – 你…社交啤酒? – 社交啤酒 |
[26:53] | – [Kaleb] He’s going for the sesh! – [Jeremy] A session beer? | – 他要去参加社交活动 – 社交啤酒? |
[26:56] | [Kaleb] I haven’t heard that for a while. | – 是的 – 已经有一段时间了 |
[26:57] | [laughter] | |
[27:01] | [upbeat music] | |
[27:03] | [Jeremy] As the beer had had a unanimous thumbs up, | 由于所有人对啤酒一致竖起大拇指 |
[27:07] | I moved onto restaurant project number two: | 于是我开始了2号餐厅项目 土豆 |
[27:11] | the potatoes. | |
[27:13] | [music continues] | |
[27:15] | Despite the nightmares they’d caused me in the first year of farming, | 尽管在务农的第一年 它们给我带来了噩梦 |
[27:19] | I’d decided to grow them again. | 我决定再次种植土豆 |
[27:21] | [Lisa] Well done, guys. Lovely, beautiful work. | 做得好 各位 很棒 干得漂亮 |
[27:25] | [Jeremy] Because I’d worked out how to make them profitable. | 因为我想出了靠这个盈利的方法 |
[27:30] | [Jeremy clears his throat] | |
[27:33] | Make them into crisps. Yeah? | 把它们做成薯片 |
[27:35] | 是吗? | |
[27:36] | They’re good enough quality, aren’t they? | 它们质量很好 不是吗? |
[27:38] | [Jeremy] Do you know how many bags of crisps we’ll get from this? | 你知道我们能靠这些 生产出多少袋薯片吗? |
[27:41] | – A fair few. – 16,000. | 不多 |
[27:41] | 一万六千 | |
[27:43] | OK. | 好吧 |
[27:45] | So if we deduct the picking costs, planting them, | 如果扣除种植和采摘的成本 利润仍然超过13000英镑 |
[27:47] | it’s still over £13,000 profit… | |
[27:50] | – It’s not ’cause we don’t have a machine. – We’ll get a machine. | 没那么多 因为我们没有机器 |
[27:52] | 我们会买一台机器 | |
[27:54] | OK, it’s a good investment if we’re gonna keep on doing it. | 如果我们继续生产的话 这是一项很好的投资 |
[27:56] | Why would we not? We know potatoes. | – 为什么不呢?我们了解土豆 – 是的 |
[27:58] | Look at that. | |
[27:59] | – Are these still Melody? – [Jeremy] Yeah. | – 这些都很好… – 这些还是旋律土豆吗? |
[28:01] | [Lisa] Oh, I love Melody. | – 是的 – 我喜欢旋律 |
[28:03] | And we could fry them in our own vegetable oil. | 我们可以用自己生产的植物油炸薯片 |
[28:06] | Seasoned with our own chillies. | 用我们自己种的辣椒调味 |
[28:07] | – Chilli, good. – Chillies. | – 嗯 辣椒 很好 – 辣椒 |
[28:11] | Badger. Badger-flavoured crisps. | 獾 獾味薯片 |
[28:14] | [gagging] | |
[28:16] | [Jeremy] £13,000. | 13000英镑 |
[28:20] | [upbeat music] | |
[28:22] | [Jeremy] And so, a few weeks later, on a crisp December morning, | 于是 几周后 在十二月的一个清爽的早晨 |
[28:27] | our crisp-making machine arrived. | 我们的薯片生产机器到了 |
[28:31] | [Jeremy] Morning. | 早上好 |
[28:32] | – How are you? – All right, thank you. | – 你好吗? – 你好吗 兄弟? |
[28:34] | Good. You’ve brought a kitchen? | 很好 像搬了一个厨房来 |
[28:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:37] | – We just need somewhere to put it now. – Right. | – 我们现在只需要找个地方放下它 – 对 |
[28:45] | – It’s all electric. | – 它是全电动的 – 它是全电动的 – It’s all electric. |
[28:47] | OK, good. | 好 |
[28:49] | [man] Is there any chance of getting this car moved? | 能不能把这辆车开走? |
[28:53] | That’s Lisa’s daughter’s car. | 那是丽莎女儿的车 |
[28:56] | I’ll go and have a look, see if I can find the keys. | 我去看看能不能找到钥匙 |
[28:58] | Yeah. | 那太好了 |
[29:09] | [Jeremy] Right. | 没错 |
[29:16] | [thud] | |
[29:18] | [Jeremy] Fucking hell, what’s that? | 该死的!那是什么? |
[29:22] | What have I just driven over that I can’t see? | 我刚刚碾过了什么?我看不到 |
[29:27] | [man] Think you’ve just gone on a manhole. | 我想只是个检查井 |
[29:29] | – Is it a manhole there? – I think there’s a manhole underneath. | – 那是个检查井吗? – 我想是检查井 |
[29:31] | [man] Yeah, it is a manhole. | 是的 |
[29:34] | Shit! | 该死的 |
[29:39] | [crunching sounds] | |
[29:41] | [Jeremy] Oh, fucking… | 该死的 |
[29:45] | [Jeremy] Right, we’re clear. | 行了 这下看清楚了 |
[29:52] | I thought you were supposed to be good at driving. | 我以为你擅长开车? |
[29:55] | Used to be. Those are the olden days. | 以前是 那是过去的日子 |
[29:58] | [upbeat music] | |
[30:01] | [Jeremy] With the crisp kitchen plumbed in and wired up, | 薯片厨房的管道连接好 接上线后 我们便开始了 |
[30:04] | we began. | |
[30:06] | So, here are our potatoes. | 这是土豆 |
[30:08] | Rinse them or wash them? | – 冲洗还是清洗? – 只需冲洗即可 |
[30:11] | [Jeremy] Just rinse them because they’re going in here, | – 因为我们要把它们放进去 – 是的 |
[30:13] | which peels them somehow. | 机器会给它们剥皮 |
[30:14] | [Lisa] That’s a mandolin for chopping potatoes. | 那是用来切土豆的曼陀林 |
[30:17] | [Jeremy] Yeah, I bought it the other day. | 是的 是我前几天买的 |
[30:19] | – Look. – Yeah. | – 看 – 嗯 |
[30:21] | So you go down like this, but your fingers are there. | 所以你要这样往下用力 但别伤到你的手指 |
[30:24] | If you get them too low, look… | 如果你手放得太低 看 |
[30:26] | Can you imagine how easily you could take a finger? | 你能想象这有多容易把你的手指… |
[30:29] | [screaming] Fucking hell! | 该死的 |
[30:31] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么这么做? |
[30:32] | Jesus, you’ve literally taken the whole thing off. | 天啊 你差点把整根手指给弄没了 |
[30:35] | Shit. [Lisa] That’s bad. | – 该死的 – 太糟糕了 |
[30:37] | You’ve literally taken it down to the bone. | 你直接刮到骨头上 |
[30:39] | – Fuck! – Oh my God, it’s left… Oh my God ! | 该死的! |
[30:40] | 天啊 留在上面了! | |
[30:41] | It’s left, look! | 天啊 留在上面了!看 |
[30:44] | There it is, there’s your skin. | 就在那里 有你的皮肤 |
[30:46] | [Jeremy] Oh shit, it is. That is actually my thumb, isn’t it? | – 该死的 是我的皮肤 – 那是你的拇指 |
[30:47] | – 那是我的拇指 对吧? – 是的 到处都是血 | |
[30:49] | [Lisa] Yes. | |
[30:50] | – There’s blood everywhere. – [Jeremy groans] | |
[30:51] | [Jeremy] Since no one would want to eat thumb-flavoured crisps, | 没有人想吃拇指味的薯片 于是我把伤口包扎好 |
[30:55] | I was bandaged up and nagged out of the door by Lisa… | |
[30:56] | 还被丽莎唠叨着赶出了门… | |
[30:59] | – Why did you do that, love? – I was just trying to chop it up. | 你为什么这么做? |
[31:00] | 我只是想切碎它 | |
[31:02] | And I was saying there’s a trick to not take your finger off. | 我想说有个不会伤到手指的技巧 |
[31:06] | [lively music] | |
[31:07] | [Jeremy] …who carried on by herself. | 然后我就切到了自己 |
[31:10] | Fry, little ones, fry. | 炸吧 小家伙们 炸吧! |
[31:13] | Here we go. | 放进去 |
[31:14] | [music continues] | |
[31:18] | Oh, lovely! | 真棒 |
[31:20] | Voilà! | |
[31:22] | [Jeremy] Meanwhile I’d found a job that was much safer. | 与此同时 我找到了一份安全得多的工作 |
[31:26] | [chainsaw sputters] | |
[31:30] | [chainsaw starts] | |
[31:33] | Ow! Fuck! | 该死的 |
[31:36] | Christmas tree. | 圣诞树 |
[31:43] | [phone chimes] Hang on, sorry. | 等一下 对不起 |
[31:46] | Oh, it’s from the doctor. | 是医生发来的 |
[31:49] | Oh, I’ve got to go to hospital… | 我得去医院 |
[31:51] | and see Professor something or other, the Manor Hospital, Beech Road, Oxford, | 去牛津大学比奇路庄园医院找教授 |
[31:56] | quarter to seven tonight. | 今晚6点45分 |
[31:57] | This is a plastic surgeon I’ve got to go and see because… | 是一位整形外科医生 我得去看看 因为… |
[32:00] | If you’re squeamish, don’t look at this, OK? | 如果你神经脆弱 那你别看这个 |
[32:04] | I’m gonna show you a picture of my thumb. | 我要给你们看一张我拇指的照片 |
[32:09] | It is… | 这是… |
[32:14] | That’s bone you can see in there. | 你看到的是骨头 |
[32:19] | [Jeremy] That evening at the hospital with Lisa on filming duties, | 那天晚上在医院 丽莎负责拍摄 |
[32:23] | a man with a steady hand put me back together. | 一个手很稳的男人 让我重新振作了起来 |
[32:29] | So, he’s stitched me up using the old bit of skin | 他用旧皮缝合了我的伤口 |
[32:32] | which might or might not be a bit of potato. | 可能沾上也可能没沾上土豆 |
[32:37] | So, what we’ve proved is cooking is more dangerous than farming. | 我们证明了烹饪比耕作更危险 |
[32:42] | [Lisa] Your cooking. | 是你烹饪危险 |
[32:46] | [soft music] | |
[32:59] | [Jeremy] A few days later, | 几天后 我的拇指就好了 |
[33:00] | my thumb was on the mend and while driving along at the edge of the farm, | |
[33:02] | 在农场边缘开车时 | |
[33:04] | I finally found a reason | 我终于找到理由 打开了佐治亚的一个獾袋 |
[33:06] | to break out one of Georgia’s badger bags. | |
[33:13] | [Jeremy] Look at it. | 看它 |
[33:18] | Fresh, look, still squidgy. | 刚死不久 看 还很软 很湿 |
[33:22] | Look at those teeth, | 看这些牙齿 |
[33:24] | which he uses for ripping hedgehogs to pieces. | 它用这些把刺猬撕成碎片 |
[33:29] | Its claws for pulling them apart. | 再用爪子把它们撕开 |
[33:32] | I’m gonna bag it up. | 我要把它装进袋子了 |
[33:33] | Gloves, | 手套 |
[33:35] | first bag. | 袋子 |
[33:40] | Bloody hell! | 该死的! |
[33:42] | Holy shit! | 天啊 你这个胖… |
[33:44] | You fat… How many hedgehogs have you eaten? | |
[33:45] | 你吃了几只刺猬? | |
[33:48] | [groans and gasps] | |
[33:51] | [groans] | |
[33:55] | Jesus Christ! | 老天啊 |
[33:58] | Ghastly animal. | 可怕的动物 |
[33:59] | [soft music] | |
[34:03] | [Jeremy] At the tax payers’ expense, | 托纳税人的福 |
[34:06] | the badger was taken away for TB testing. | 獾被带走进行结核病检测 |
[34:09] | And to be honest, I was quite glad about the name | 老实说 我很喜欢这家快递公司的名字 |
[34:12] | of the courier company, | |
[34:13] | 极速 | |
[34:14] | because the news from the local dairy farmer | 当地给我们商店供应牛奶的奶农 |
[34:17] | who supplies our shop with milk | 传来了不好的消息 |
[34:20] | was not good. | |
[34:22] | [Jeremy] Hi, Emma. How are things? | 艾玛 情况如何? |
[34:25] | Er… We’ve gone down with TB again, so… | 我们又有牛得了肺结核 所以… |
[34:27] | Oh, you’re joking? | – 你一定是在开玩笑 – 不是 |
[34:28] | No. It’s not good. It’s a bit rubbish. | 这不太好 有点乱 |
[34:32] | – Oh no. – [Emma] Yeah. | – 不会的 – 嗯 |
[34:34] | What do you have to do? | 那么你该怎么办? |
[34:36] | – When it goes down with TB? – Hm. | 怎么应对结核病? |
[34:38] | They’ll put a really ugly big green tag in it, | 他们会在里面 放一个非常丑陋的绿色大标签 |
[34:41] | and then we have to isolate it until they can organise transport | 我们必须把它隔离 直到他们能安排交通工具和… |
[34:45] | – and collect it. – So that’s gotta be slaughtered? | 所以必须杀了它 |
[34:47] | Yup, so it’s gonna be slaughtered. | 是的 它要被宰了 |
[34:49] | Heifer, would’ve been having her baby later on this summer, so… | 小母牛本可以在今年夏天 晚些时候生小牛 所以… |
[34:53] | So how many have you lost to TB now? | 那么现在你有多少头牛死于结核病? |
[34:55] | [Emma] Er… About sixty. | 大约60头 |
[34:58] | [Jeremy] Jesus! | 天啊 |
[34:59] | So, half the herd, yeah. | 一半的牛群 是的 |
[35:00] | So, we should be milking a 120 and we’re milking 60. | 我们本来有120头产奶牛 现在只剩下60头了 |
[35:05] | So yeah, so not currently viable | 是的 所以把养牛 作为业务可不行 真的 |
[35:09] | as a business, really. | |
[35:12] | [Jeremy] That is what life is like for so many cow farmers these days. | 这就是当今许多奶牛养殖户的生活 |
[35:17] | Soul destroying. | 令人心灰意冷 |
[35:21] | But at least the winter home for my small herd was finally ready. | 但至少我的小牛群的 冬屋终于盖好了 |
[35:27] | [soft music] | |
[35:30] | [Jeremy] And what’s more, we’d been given the perfect day | 而且赶它们进棚的这一天天气不错 |
[35:33] | for moving them into it. | |
[35:36] | [thunder] | |
[35:40] | Oh! | |
[35:43] | – [Kaleb] Holy shit! – Jesus Christ. | 杰里米 过来! |
[35:44] | 天啊 | |
[35:46] | [Kaleb] I can’t get these. [Jeremy] I have not seen rain like this in quite a while. | 我好久没见过这么大的雨了 |
[35:49] | Oh man. | 真的是 |
[35:50] | Oh, my arm. [Kaleb groans] | |
[35:53] | No, it goes this way. | 它往这边泼 |
[35:55] | [wind blowing] | |
[35:58] | Is that the wind? [Kaleb] I can’t. My arm’s stuck. | – 是风吗? – 我不能… |
[35:59] | 我卡住了 | |
[36:01] | [laughter] | |
[36:04] | [Jeremy] Christ. | 天啊 |
[36:05] | I hope the cows don’t argue about being taken inside today. | 我希望奶牛们不要 为今天被带进去而争吵 |
[36:08] | – Ow! – [Kaleb laughs] | |
[36:10] | [Jeremy] Yeah, it’s definitely easing up. | 嗯 肯定好多了 |
[36:13] | [Kaleb] Don’t we just love farming? | 你不就是喜欢农场生活吗? |
[36:15] | [Jeremy] Yeah, it’s my favourite thing. | 是的 这是我最喜欢的事 |
[36:18] | [Kaleb laughs] | |
[36:19] | [Jeremy] Fucking hell. | 真该死 它们身上已经落雪了 |
[36:21] | They’ve actually got snow on them. | |
[36:23] | [Kaleb] Come on, then. | 走吧 |
[36:25] | Come on, then. Come on. | 走吧!走! |
[36:27] | Come on, moo cows. | 走吧 哞 喂 你 |
[36:29] | Hello, you. | |
[36:31] | Yeah, hello, come on. | 走吧 |
[36:33] | – [mooing] – Shit! | 该死的 |
[36:35] | What’s the matter with this cow? | 这头牛是怎么回事? |
[36:38] | Did you see that? He tried to kick me. | – 你看到了吗? – 它推了你吗? |
[36:40] | 它想踢我 | |
[36:41] | [Kaleb] That one’s the aggressive one. | 那头很凶 |
[36:43] | No, no, no. Stop it. | 不!停下! |
[36:45] | Stop it. | 停下! |
[36:47] | – [mooing] – What the fuck? Stop it! | 什么鬼? |
[36:48] | 喂 停下! | |
[36:50] | I’m being attacked by a cow! | 我被牛袭击了! |
[36:52] | Straight into the shed Jeremy, straight to the back of it. | 直接到棚子后面 杰里米 |
[36:55] | [Jeremy] Come on, cows. | 走吧 奶牛们 |
[36:56] | We’ve got a lovely new house for you, cows. | 我们为你们盖了一座漂亮的新房子 |
[37:00] | [Jeremy] The only problem was they weren’t that interested in it. | 唯一的问题是它们对此不感兴趣 |
[37:05] | – [Kaleb] Call ’em quickly, call ’em! – [Jeremy] Come on then, cows. | – 快叫它们 叫它们 – 走吧 奶牛 走 奶牛 |
[37:07] | Come on, cows! | |
[37:10] | Oh, for heaven’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[37:13] | [Kaleb] What the fuck is going on with these two? | 这两头到底是怎么回事? |
[37:19] | [Jeremy] Come on, cows. | 走 奶牛们 |
[37:20] | – [Lisa] Good girls, come on. – [Jeremy] Come on! | – 乖乖牛 – 走吧 奶牛们 |
[37:22] | That’s it, come on. | 就是这样 走 |
[37:23] | Needs to be blocked off here, too. | 这里也需要封锁 |
[37:25] | – [Jeremy] Ay up, cows. – [Lisa] Ay up. | – 快点 奶牛们 – 快点 |
[37:27] | [Jeremy] Ay up, cows. Ay up! | |
[37:29] | Oh my God. One of them’s a mountaineer, it’s Chris Bonington the cow. | 天啊 其中一个是登山者 是牛界的鲍宁顿 |
[37:33] | – [Kaleb] Jeremy, feed them on the floor. – [Charlie] I’ll go round the back. | – 杰里米 快打开门! – 我绕到后面去 |
[37:37] | – [Kaleb] Quickly, open the door. – [Charlie] Good girl! Come on. | – 快!开门! – 好姑娘! |
[37:39] | 加油 杰里米 你坚持住! | |
[37:41] | – [Kaleb] Jeremy, you hold them. – [Charlie] No! | |
[37:43] | [man] Shit! | 该死的 |
[37:45] | [Kaleb] Come on, girl. Lisa, come out that way. | 过来 姑娘 |
[37:46] | 丽莎 从那边出来 | |
[37:48] | [Lisa] Come on. | 过来 |
[37:50] | Oh God. | 天啊 |
[37:53] | [Kaleb] I hate this cow. | 我讨厌这头牛 |
[37:55] | [Jeremy] We decided to let mountaineering cow tire herself out. | 我们决定让登山牛自己把力气耗尽 |
[38:00] | [upbeat music] | |
[38:01] | And went to collect the youngsters from another field. | 然后到另一片地里赶小牛 |
[38:10] | My lips are very… I need some, like, Vaseline. | 我的嘴唇很干 我需要一些凡士林 |
[38:12] | [Lisa] I’ve got some nipple balm that’s really good for your lips. | 我有一些乳头膏 对嘴唇有好处 |
[38:15] | – Can I borrow some of your nipple balm? – [Lisa] Yes, you can. | – 我能借用你的乳头膏吗? – 可以的 |
[38:18] | You’ve changed. | 你变了 |
[38:20] | [Jeremy] Jesus. Come on. | 天啊!拜托! |
[38:24] | [Kaleb] Famous for driving apparently, you know. | 以驾驶技术而闻名 |
[38:28] | [Kaleb] Oy! | |
[38:29] | [Jeremy] Come on, cow. | 进去吧 牛牛 |
[38:30] | [music continues] | |
[38:38] | [Jeremy] With the light fading, | 天色渐暗 小牛们被赶入新家 |
[38:40] | the calves were introduced to their new home. | |
[38:43] | [Lisa] Look at that. | 看啊 |
[38:45] | [Jeremy] What a great sight that is. | 是多么壮观的景象 |
[38:48] | [Jeremy] However, there was one more job to do. | 然而 还有一项工作要做 |
[38:51] | Round up mountaineering cow. | 围捕登山牛 |
[38:54] | [Jeremy] Come on, moo cow. | 来吧 哞 |
[38:56] | Come on, cow. | 过来 牛牛 |
[38:58] | There’s a good cow. Come on. | 是头好牛 过来 |
[39:01] | Come on. | 过来 |
[39:03] | And there you go. He’s walking off again. | 好了 它又走远了 |
[39:05] | But it can see, look at the– It can see the hotel I’ve built for it, | 它可以看到…看那个! |
[39:07] | 它可以看到我为它建造的旅馆 | |
[39:09] | it can smell the bedding, but no. | 它可以闻到床的味道 |
[39:11] | 但它只是乱窜 | |
[39:13] | It just fucks off over there. | |
[39:16] | – Wanker. Come on. – [dry food knocking together] | 混蛋 过来 |
[39:19] | No, I’m not giving in. Mister cow! | 我不会放弃 |
[39:20] | 牛先生! | |
[39:22] | [dry food knocking together] | |
[39:23] | Come on. | 过来 |
[39:25] | [soft music] | |
[39:30] | [Jeremy] The next morning, having not given in, | 第二天早上 没有放弃 |
[39:32] | mountaineering cow was finally in the barn. | 登山牛终于进入牛棚了 |
[39:37] | And as the herd enjoyed their breakfast, | 当牛群享用早餐时 我查看了邮件 |
[39:40] | I went through the post. | |
[39:44] | We have the result back for badger 350, | 我们收到了捡到的那只 350獾的检测结果 |
[39:47] | which we collected. This one has tested positive. | 这只是阳性 |
[39:50] | 结果呈阳性 | |
[39:53] | Oh, this means we’ve isolated a bacteria in the same group | 这意味着我们已经把这种细菌 |
[39:55] | as the one that causes bovine TB. | 归类为导致牛结核病的病菌 |
[39:59] | [sighs] | |
[40:04] | Which means it’s likely all the badgers on the farm have got TB. | 这意味着农场里的所有獾 很可能都感染了结核病 |
[40:10] | Oh no. | 不会吧 |
[40:14] | [sighs] | |
[40:17] | What you got? | 你收到了什么? |
[40:18] | This morning’s post. | 今天早上的邮件 |
[40:25] | Shit! | 该死的 |
[40:27] | [soft music] | |
[40:37] | [Jeremy] We now had to find out if the badger’s TB | 我们现在必须检查獾 有没有把结核病传染给我可怜的奶牛 |
[40:40] | had spread to my poor cows. | |
[40:43] | And thankfully the timing was right | 谢天谢地 时机刚刚好 |
[40:46] | as they were due for their six-monthly TB test. | 因为到了它们每六个月 进行一次结核病检查的时候 |
[40:51] | [Jeremy] Oh, stressy day today. | 今天压力很大 |
[40:55] | Hi, Dilwyn. | 嘿 迪尔翁 |
[40:58] | I’m gonna inject tuberculin which is inactivated TB basically, | 我要给牛注射结核菌素 也就是灭活的结核病菌 |
[41:03] | and I’m gonna inject it into the skin, | 我要把它注射到牛的皮肤里 |
[41:05] | and if they’ve been exposed to TB in the past, | 如果它们曾染上过结核病 |
[41:09] | – they will react to that injection. – [Jeremy] Gotcha. | – 它们就会对注射培养基有反应 – 明白了 |
[41:14] | [Dilwyn] Good girl. Good. | 好姑娘 |
[41:16] | 很好 | |
[41:17] | – Oh, is that it? – That is it. | – 这就行了吗? – 是的 |
[41:19] | She comes out, and we’ll have a look at her in three days’ time. | 放她出去 三天后我们去看它 |
[41:23] | [Kaleb] Good girl. Steady, good girl. | 好姑娘 |
[41:27] | [Jeremy] There you go. | 好了 |
[41:28] | Pepper, come on, darling. | 胡椒 来吧 亲爱的 |
[41:30] | Good girl. | 好姑娘 |
[41:33] | Yup, good. | – 嗯 很好 – 稳稳地 |
[41:35] | – Steady. Go. – [Jeremy] There you go. | 行了 |
[41:36] | – The attack cow. – [Kaleb] No, no! | 那头攻击人的牛? |
[41:38] | 不 | |
[41:40] | You need to know we’re in control, not you. | 要听我们的 而不是听你的 |
[41:45] | I am good, ain’t I? | 我很好 不是吗? |
[41:46] | – [Jeremy] She is a violent one that one. – [Kaleb] We need a name for her. | – 它很暴力 – 我们需要给它取个名字 |
[41:49] | [Jeremy] Genghis Khan. | 成吉思汗 |
[41:51] | Is that the flip-flap person? | 是那个穿人字拖的人吗? |
[41:53] | – Who? – The flip-flop, sorry. | – 谁? – 人字拖男? |
[41:55] | Genghis flip-flop? Gandhi’s flip… | 成吉思人字拖 |
[41:56] | 成吉思… | |
[41:59] | I remember hearing about him at a young farmer’s party. | 我记得在青年农民聚会上听说过他 |
[42:02] | – Gandhi’s flip-flop? – [Kaleb] Yeah. | – 甘地的人字拖 – 嗯 |
[42:04] | Gandhi and Genghis Khan are not the same thing. | 甘地和成吉思汗可不一样 |
[42:08] | What’s the difference then? | 有什么不同? |
[42:09] | Gandhi was a peace-loving Indian from the 20th century | 甘地是20世纪 一位热爱和平的印度人 |
[42:14] | who achieved independence for India. | 带领印度走向独立 |
[42:16] | – Yeah. – Genghis Khan murdered and raped | – 嗯 – 成吉思汗 |
[42:18] | 征服并掠夺了数百万人 | |
[42:20] | millions of people. | |
[42:22] | Seems like a twat. | 听起来像个混蛋 |
[42:23] | Yeah, you could probably say Genghis Khan was a twat, | 是的 你可能会说成吉思汗是个混蛋 |
[42:27] | difficult to argue that Gandhi was a twat. | 但很难说甘地是个混蛋 |
[42:31] | [Jeremy] Eventually, Dilwyn had finished testing all 19 cows. | 终于 迪尔翁检查好了 所有19头奶牛 |
[42:36] | [Jeremy] It’s not fun this, is it. | 这不好玩 是吗? |
[42:38] | [Kaleb] I hate this. | 我讨厌这个 |
[42:40] | I just get nervous. I mean, I like these cows. | 我只是紧张 我喜欢这些奶牛 |
[42:44] | [Jeremy] I like them. | 我喜欢它们 |
[42:46] | I’ve seen cows go down with TB and it’s like, that’s it, your end. | 我见过奶牛因结核病而倒下 就像是“没办法了 就这样” |
[42:49] | I don’t know about you, did you feel like– | 我不了解你 你有没有觉得… |
[42:51] | I’m crapping myself ’cause I’ve got all weekend. | 不 我是说 我是在胡说八道 因为我们要到星期一才知道结果 |
[42:53] | We don’t find out ’til Monday. | |
[42:55] | [melancholic music] | |
[42:59] | Meeting great big men when I come out, you know, | 下一集 |
[43:03] | blokes with axes and stuff. | |
[43:05] | [Dilwyn] Right, moment of truth. | 没错 |
[43:06] | 真相时刻 | |
[43:08] | The applicant’s conduct is shameful. | 申请者的行为是可耻的 |
[43:10] | All those in favour of refusal, please show. | 主张拒绝的人 请你们展示 |
[43:15] | [theme music playing] | |
[43:45] | 创意监督: 杨婕 |